Speaker 1: He was the commander who got podcast episode for sixty three on Brandom Here with Ryan and we're gonna skin some minds now in our theme sort. Hey Ryan, we're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing?
Speaker 2: We are back good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: The whole ton is going down. We're back with a very spooky, scary archetype of deck because everybody's afraid of mill So we're back in true form for this very sort of special holiday Halloween episode.
Speaker 2: You said the M word, Please don't shut the show up. Now.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun. We're gonna talk about things that's gonna be great, and we've got some stories to tell, some people to thank, lots of good stuff to entertain the good people out the CCO nation with. Before we get to any of that, we have to thank our official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com. They are your source for all your gaming needs. As well as Pile of Bones brewing cold. There are the second cool this thing to come out of Regina, as well as the official beer sponsor for c CEO Side What Slam Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Cheaper Creepers, make sure you edit that out so it doesn't cost car accidents. Yeah, hey, couple things, A couple things. I gotta go over these with you. Okay, I gotta go over these with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Fusion Gaming Online dot Com.
Speaker 1: New website, growing pains beer with them will get there.
Speaker 2: Very much so. But you can still use CEO Summer Promo code to get a discount, and if it's your first time, welcome Ceo Perks Promo code gonna get you a store credit kickback into your Fusion account when you spend over one hundred Canadian dollars.
Speaker 1: And if you're a non first time user of Fusion, your account is still there. You have have to sign up for new one with the same email, that's right, and then all of the things.
Speaker 2: That you had there will be there again, mainly store credit, yes, yes, because your order history will probably be gone because you are a new account on the new website, But you sign up with the same email that you had, and if you had store credits built up, those will be there. And therein lies the growing pains where store credit usage on checkout or using store credit and a promo code at the same time. They're still figuring that out, so just bear with it. All, we are having the same problems and we do know about them, yes.
Speaker 1: So, and we have made sure that they know about them. So where we're working on.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they do very much appreciate the feedback and the patients because, like we've said time and time again, everybody that works there is good humans and they are working to do whatever they can in the meantime while this this third party website building enterprise, whoever they are, is working all these problems out for everybody.
Speaker 1: Have they reached plans? C? Yet?
Speaker 2: What's planned? See, they'll just bomb the whole place.
Speaker 1: That's where we show up with a pocket full of change in my pocket I mean sock, and we explained to them why they should be working faster.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but they're probably used to it. They live in Winnipeg. Okay. That was thing one. Thing two man, I have three things actually Jesus thing two. Big thank you too, Producer Gary and the Deffernavi Media Network Network Network network for the network and the studio space. We very much appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You're a table and a TV and Jake the snake and all kinds of.
Speaker 2: Jake the snake plant in brackets. Yes, that was the second thing, third thing, and this is important sidewalk slam. So we're a little bit cursed.
Speaker 1: It's cursed.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just Thomas, because Thomas was on this is his second recording. Audio was fucked, unusable episode. But instead of wallowing in self pity, what we did was drank a bunch of Pile of Bones, including including the stunt beers. Yes, the stunt beers are gone.
Speaker 1: And you would have noticed that on YouTube where you should have been watching, because you should have been, and you're really bad at that. I'm gonna stoupsetting you up for yeah.
Speaker 2: No. But you know what, here's the good thing about having those particular stunt beers gone is we can get more. Yeah, and we can get get this the best craft beer in Canada.
Speaker 1: Actually, Pile of.
Speaker 2: Bones actually just won last weekend for their quark beer. We featured it on the show before. Oh it won best craft Beer in Canada. Oh wow. So what I can say is Pile of Bones Quark craft beer the best thing to come out of Regina, Saskatchewan. Move over Keel your second best in terms of craft beer.
Speaker 1: I had that whole thing memorized and I could say it pretty good and now it's gonna be a little different.
Speaker 2: You can say the same thing, except they are the best and Keel is now relegated to second. If we were drinking Heel in whatever way, shape or form, that would happen.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird. Weird, Yeah, very weird, very weird. Okay, last thing, last thing, we the podcasting business got a couple quick things. Okay, we're not talking about Vegas yet, but we do very much hope that everybody had a great time. Agreed they should be home by now. Yeah. The Vegas trauma of us not being there still a little bit too too acute for us to kind of process.
Speaker 1: But I opened my eyes this morning and I was like, why don't I have a headache? Why doesn't my back hurt? Oh? Oh yeah, it's because I'm sleeping in my own bed.
Speaker 2: Bro, you don't have headaches and back aches.
Speaker 1: In the morning. No, only when I've been up until five am getting kicked out of a bar on Fremont Street.
Speaker 2: Must be only me and producer Gary that are old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm young at heart and that really helps.
Speaker 2: You're a fucking child, that's right. Okay, So Vegas fallout, We're gonna be talking. Maybe maybe there'll be some good stories we can tell or or something. We'll use it as a warm up for the CEO experience in Calgary coming.
Speaker 1: Up we show.
Speaker 2: June November fifteen to seventeen is the Calgary Championship weekend for those in Canada who've qualified for the Big Canadian Tour Championship. If you haven't because you're scrubs like us and want to drink beer and play commander.
Speaker 1: Come do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, come do that. Oh that's gonna be so fun to be a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: November fifteen to seventeen, F two f tour dot com to get your Commander packages, that's where you go. Yeah, and then you could play games. You get the swag packages, you get some free stuff and of course you can come stop by the CEO booth for submerch and games. We usually have like the big sidewalk setup so people can play with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got like the Dude Bros. I'll be there and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's yeah cool. Yeah, we got lots of dude bros coming full house, ten ten or twelve people, ten or eleven people. Hell yeah, brother, yep. We touched on SpongeBob and products in twenty twenty five. On yesterday's pre show. We touched on the Commander format panel yesterday on the pre show, and we touched on the changes to the blocking rule on yesterday's pre show. So that's available anywhere you listen to the CEO and on the YouTube channel. So people who are gonna ask about that, I just want to get it out.
Speaker 1: And I'm curious to what we'll put it. We'll ask what we asked the pre show. I'm gonna ask it here again. What do you you, dear listener, what do you think is the most polarizing ip that could be brought into Magic? If it's not SpongeBob SquarePants, fictional only.
Speaker 2: Fictional only, no world politics or religious history.
Speaker 1: Yes, because you just know someone's like, oh, well, from the vault Jesus obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from the vault, history of the Crusades, yes, but no also yeah, yeah very much. So Okay, what else I got? Hey, you said a spooky deck. Spooky deck. I do have to acknowledge our good friend mac he he said Halloween themed art deck. But we thought, man, that's tough for the people that listen to the show only, and by far and away, there's thousands and thousands and thousands of more people who just listen to CEO audio only, and we didn't want to do those people a disservice, like driving in their cars trying to look up art and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we do highly recommend you takeolo. We'll put a link to his Halloween deck down on the comments below and of the comments the description. Ye, check it out. Like he has actually like cultivated a really good list of really cool Halloween themed art. There's body horror and like all sorts are really cool stuff to look at if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, but the deck itself was kind of like obviously just there because the picture was cool, and that doesn't lend itself necessarily to being a good deck or something we can talk about for people who can't see the cards floating next to our heads.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah, yeah, big thanks to editor Joe for putting the floating cards in.
Speaker 1: He's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Final thing Patreon changes. Yeah yeah, this is like an administrative thing for people just to be aware of. Patreon is moving from a per creation to a monthly subscription billing model. Now, if you're a current patron, there should be zero changes, nothing, nothing changes, so it's easy and your monthly limits will still stay in place, so nobody panic. I've gotten confirmation of that, so everything's good there. If you have been thinking about Patreon, or you want to support because you like the show, it's easier now because you can just sign up and you'll be you'll be charged, or you'll pledge the exact same amount every month, regardless if we do five shows like we normally do in a month, or twenty five shows. Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, So pledge with confidence. All of the all of the benefits are still there. The nicknames, the discord invites to the CCO experience, invites to curbside pick that you'd see on the TV right now. And we wanted to mention that because we've often been asked about like how many shows a month and is there a monthly limit? Well, now it's the same every month. So pledge with confidence, and he would very much appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And it might open up an opportunity for us to do some kind of like Patron exclusive stuff if we ever wanted to do that sort of thing. So if that's something that interests you, let us know. And this does open up an opportunity for us to do that, which is you know what.
Speaker 2: You know, what I really like about the potential of patron only exclusive stuff is it doesn't need to be Magic related. It could be Ryan and Brando related. And I'm not a huge fan of putting that on all of the main feeds that we broadcast onto because people come for Deck techs and Magic talk, and if we're talking about wrestling and whatever else, we talk about why Brando only ever wears pants because he lost a leg in Nam when he was only thirty five and it still looks like he has two legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's the kind of stuff that we might get into. History of Brandle goes back to the Crusades.
Speaker 1: Back to nineteen nine or nineteen one, ninety one BC.
Speaker 2: There we go. Yeah, okay, so we have a deck.
Speaker 1: I have one thing. Sorry, it's a very small thing. People have been asking me about the BBO and the CCOYTC.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually I'm in the midst of recording it now, but there's lots of different shots that I'm doing. I'm trying something different, new for me, all in new for me this time, and it's taking a little bit longer than I had anticipated, because like it's it's becoming the season in Canada where we only have natural light for three hours a day, and I'm at work for most of them, so it makes it tricky to actually get the filming in. But I am working on it. It's taking a little longer than I thought, but it should be ready very soon.
Speaker 2: An any sneak peaks of what the what the maybe not the product that you're opening, but what set from or you want to leave that under wraps.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody knows. I've told everybody a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell me. I'm the only one that fricker matters, you know.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the dusk moren super duper bundle.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, the TV bundle.
Speaker 1: That's the right. That's okay, that is the right.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna keep the TV after?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Actually, oftentimes you destroy things as you open them.
Speaker 1: Here's a here's a little bit of a little bit of a spoiler, a preview, if you will, I will. The box itself is much smaller than the box you typically get with one of these any bundle that you buy, and it's it's much smaller. And while I haven't actually gotten to the part where I open it yet. No, I'm not actually sure how much stuff I can fit in it, So I don't know if I'll actually have any use for it after I'm done doing this based on just the sucks. It's a different shape, it's a different size, so it won't like go in nice with all my other boxes that are all the same. So I might just end up if somebody wants it, I want it. You know.
Speaker 2: What I was just thinking is is when we do like a Commander Cookoat episode on the new set we're building over there, maybe we could put it up on the shelf and make it look all fancy and stuff, like a little TV. Yah, that's pretty cool. But instead we could like put a little CEO insert into the TV so it doesn't say dusk warn.
Speaker 1: That's well, it's one of those you know when you turn what do you call those pictures where you which depending on which way they're turned. Oh, it's a different pictures. It was like a lady that's like ooh, and there's a ghost and then there's dusk warn.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Those are called. I'm sure if you know what that is down in the comments.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: I actually have a car there, and I don't know how to search a thing like that on Google because I was born in ninety one and I don't understand how Google works.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, very much so.
Speaker 1: The deck.
Speaker 2: The deck.
Speaker 1: If you were listening last week, you know we're going to talk about the mind Skinner, and if you are an established magic player, you will know that the Mind Skinner is a mill deck, and everybody is afraid of mill decks because they're so powerful.
Speaker 2: I win every time I play my mill deck. Just watched the Sidewalk Flam. I played Bruvac Beats in my slam and got pounded because my normal mill deck is a deck I'm attempting to make work in ced H, playing all of the control and interaction and staple combos and tutors with Breuvak to double mill with maddening cacophony. Yes, that is it right, one card commander with your with Commander.
Speaker 1: Do you play the creature that does it too? No?
Speaker 2: Because it's like a seven drop and it gets target player and that's why that's why traumatize. I don't actually I actually just put that in instead of Jeweled Lotus. But traumatize is target player or target opponent whatever, maddening cacophony gets everybody. And newsflash, we're not doing that in this deck.
Speaker 1: No, we're not. We're not even playing Bruvak.
Speaker 2: No, it is on my list of things that you ought to play if you have the budget to play, right.
Speaker 1: Mill right, And we're gonna talk about that because budget aside. I think that if you're doing what I think this is, which is a air Quotes casual mill deck, I don't think Bruvac necessarily belongs there. You don't think I don't think it does. And which is weird. I think because when you look at a deck like this and we'll get into the actual deck plopper soon, when you look at like a Vultron deck, right, there's those the what's the what do we call those? Like the tiers of how many times you have to hit somebody with your commands?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, like a seven drop is a three punch, eleven is two punch, twenty one power one punch exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, we got a ten to one.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's read them first. Okay, yeah, okay, so the mind skinner, I got the scratchy voice. Hey, so I can I can go really, I'm not used to being able to go deep. Okay, So ten to one legendary enchantment, creature nightmare blue blue Blue ten one, ten one very important, ten one yeah, okay, the mind Skinner can't be blocked. Good when you got ten power, if a source you control would deal damage to an opponent, prevent that damage. And each opponent mills that many cards each each opponent. That is so so important when you play mill that it's each opponent, because now each opponent mills ten, each opponent mills ten. Now we're gonna call ten on turn three. Sorry, we're gonna call ten on turn three. Greater than ten percent of the library, right, because you start with seven when you draw three, so you only have ninety cards left.
Speaker 1: Right, Exactly, if you play it on turn three, you've drawn three cards, your deck should be at ninety probably or less. And so it's a nine pump chump.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that still is actively bad.
Speaker 1: Which but it's a nine pump chump that kills all three. And if it did regular damage, if you left it as a ten to one, it would still take nine attacks to kill the whole table. See this way, it kills.
Speaker 2: Them all at once, it would take nine attacks. Yes, so if you had a three pump chump that three pumps, three pumps, three pumps, that's still nine yeah, last time I checked. Right now, this guy still like he still checks the box right of three pump chump, but you just have to pump nine times. Yeah, but it could be to one person, correct, right, just like whoever's the furthest behind. And maybe that's the reason that people hate mail is, Hey, you're behind, I'm gonna not hit you for ten, but everybody's gonna mill ten. Okay.
Speaker 1: Here's why I think that this is better the way that it is without bruvac okay in casual because again, people not necessarily the biggest fan of mill because it can be irritating whatever, that's all in your mind.
Speaker 2: I would argue, that's all in your mind, skinner.
Speaker 1: I think Ryan would argue that as well. I think that here's the thing. Ten is less than this is true twenty. And I think if you're gonna mail your friends in a casual game for twenty over and over and over again, I feel like people are gonna just kind of get salty when they just see their whole deck just eat shit and it's like, yeah, fuck whatever, let's just you know, and end up with a lot of that. And that's not how you want your games to end, right, even if they're good, if they come to that enwer, it's like, uh right. And I feel like that's kind of where you would end up if you went too optimized with the mind Skinner. And I think this deck kind of strikes the balance where it's got mind Skinner doing mind Skinner stuff and then it's got our boy, uh who did this one?
Speaker 2: Slap bop Chris slap chop bop cock slap Yeah him.
Speaker 1: That that guy. Yep, he's got his suite of bros that are in the deck. He picked a bunch of unblockable creatures you could also do in my hands with you could do slivers, or you could do murpholk, or you could do artifact creatures that have animals in the art like, you could do virtually anything because the Mind Skinner all by itself just enables your strategy, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and oh man, I really like the mind Skinner along with the new Blue Enchantress from Dusk Morn. If you could find, if you could, if you could like the removal and interaction that you put in the deck could be bounce removal to get blockers out of the way.
Speaker 1: That's great, Well that they don't need to get blockers out of the way. A guy can't be blocked.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Okay, still use the bounce for your removal. But if you don't need to remove, you could bounce mind Skinner in and out and then use that as a card draw. Or you could bounce mind Skinner and then played again for three and draw card off of that blue Enchantress.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, because it's an enchantment, so you could you could find ways to be really unique and really lean in mechanically to it being an enchantment and playing little guys or big guys that are either unblockable or just pound. And then my favorite, the equipment suite very reminiscent of my my every creature type or of our the all form deck that cares about murpholk and mirrors and wizards.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's let's fly through some of the nuts and bolts. We've got an arcane signet, We've got a thought vessel, we've got a strata side. Nope, that's a pump we've got a soling Gauntlet of power, doubling my islands.
Speaker 1: And giving blue creatures plus one plus one. That's for all blue creatures.
Speaker 2: And then we got then we've got a caged sun that does the same, but only for our stuff. Correct, those are our Mana rocks. And you say, oh, Ryan and Brander, that's only like five or six cards. But when you see the creature, sweet, lots of the creatures are one and two mana.
Speaker 1: And some of them even we have a silver mirror, it makes mana. There's a architect that lets some of your other things make mana. So there's there's stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so let's go. We don't have custom categories here, but think slap bop. Yeah, cheepers, creepers. We'll we'll do our instances here because mostly they.
Speaker 1: Are they're all removal and one card dross belts. Let's do the removal, then we'll do the card dross belt. And we're gonna start with didn't say please.
Speaker 2: Blue Blue one counter spell. It's controller males three, so.
Speaker 1: That's less good counter spell, but it fits the theme. You gotta appreciate that. We talked about that a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. Okay, then we've got a flow of knowledge. I actually really like this card instant. Mind you for blue four draw cards equal to the islands you control, than discard two.
Speaker 1: In my head, is there not a flow of flow of ideas?
Speaker 2: Yes, that is a card?
Speaker 1: Is it an Is it an instant? I don't for one more, but you don't have to discard two. It does the same thing I feel like. And it has like a really cool like these weird globbly circles.
Speaker 2: Flow of ideas. Draw cards equal to the islands you control. For one more mana, it's six mana and it's a sorcery. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay yeah. Resculpt is two man of kill a thing. They get a four to four E, their eyes return all attacking creatures to their owner's hands. That's rapid, rapid hybridization and pong of fi. Kill your guy. They get a token.
Speaker 1: I would replace the re sculpt with the one that gets their top card into play. There's a bunch of those now for the same amount of manna at the same speed. That gives them a dude that's half the.
Speaker 2: Size, a two to two instead of a four to four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you don't have to be expected to carry around a four to four blue and red elemental creature token to lend to your friend after you kill their dude.
Speaker 2: There you go, because you don't have that probably no, no, okay, sorceries.
Speaker 1: Let's do that one last, because I like that card a lot. I've been waiting all I've been waiting for the for eight years to talk about with that card.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do that one at the end season of weaving. These seasons just continue to impress. I don't understand this one, okay, though it's a sorcery for blue blue four. Choose up to five paw prints worth of molds. Okay, we feel the same. Yeah, Okay, you can choose the same molde more than once as long as they are up to five. Okay, So one pop print draw card. That's a drop five. FYI, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's really good. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, draw five or for two pop prints. Choose an artifact or creature you control, create a token that's a copy of it that could be good in this deck. Once we get to the creatures, some of them, some of them slap sure and chop and bop shout out to Chris, slap up, okay, and then for three pop prints return each non land non token permanent to its owner's hand. Ooh, it's kind of rifty, Hey, but it gets my stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know because you're what are you making because none of the some of the dudes are big and and and beat facy. But for the most part, I would imagine like one's enough, and by the time you get to those people, there's not a lot of ramp in the deck. Yes, you're probably gonna be playing your nine drop nine nine's on turn nine. Yes, by then you've already probably won the game or lost, and the extra five probably isn't gonna really matter. So making copies of them isn't necessarily the best thing. Ah, So, like I would know why, like something that clones something that somebody else has, or something that can make a copy of your mind skinner, not because they work in conjunction, which we'll talk about in a minute, but because it's a fucking ten one that makes.
Speaker 2: Everybody milk ten Listen. I like this. I like h.
Speaker 1: Verinicus's vile duplication that could be cost two less gives you a ten to one. Oh yeah, it flies and camp yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, that's a good time to talk about if you have two mind skinners. Just let's just mention that real quick is okay, So, if you got the mind Skinner, it says if a source would deal damage to an opponent, prevent that damage and each opponent mills that many cards. Yes, if I clone it with a Vernicas vile duplication, I get a copy of that. Correct, that is not legendary?
Speaker 1: Also correct?
Speaker 2: So two mind skinners, yep, Okay, if I got to mind, I can only prevent damage one time.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: So when that damage is prevented, each opponent mills cards. It can't be prevented twice.
Speaker 1: You've confirmed this, yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so two mind skinners only equals one mill.
Speaker 1: The best example I could think of if people are still thinking, but I think of so think of it as having a rest in peace and a lay line of the void at the same time. Both of them will remove a card from the graveyard as it's going there instead of putting it there, And why would you need to do that twice? It goes through the first safety net, it gets caught the second safety net does.
Speaker 2: Well, those are a little bit different because those are the replacements. Those are replacements effects. This is damage prevention effects.
Speaker 1: This is which is a replacement effect.
Speaker 2: Technically not You're going to get the judges saying well.
Speaker 1: But it works in the same kind of manner. You can't prevent the same damage two times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what with going back to season of weaving, I really like land one drop equipment or soul ring. On turn and two you go like arcand signator, lightning greeves. Turn three you go mind skinner. Turn four you go two drop, two drop, and then turn turn five or six. If you played the man Rox season a weaving, draw five, like I just restarted my whole opening hand. That's really good.
Speaker 1: Where you can place flow of ideas and draw six exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay. Quantum misalignment. Create a token that's a copy of target creature you control, except it isn't legendary and this has rebound, which means you can cast it. If you cast this spell from your hand, exile it as it resolves at the beginning of the next upkeep. You may cast the card without paying its manocost. So you get to do this two times. Pretty good, create two tokens. Yes, that's two mind skinners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's thirty mil cards.
Speaker 2: So good, that's really good. Oh yeah. So if you got two mind skinners or three mind skinners, Ah, they're all trying to deal damage. Yes, and it doesn't matter that I'm preventing damager. I can't because they would deal thirty damage. So you would mill each player thirty.
Speaker 1: Yes, having three mind skinners and hitting with one will mill ten. Having three mind skinners and hitting with all three.
Speaker 2: Mil thirty Yes, not one hundred and twenty. Yes, thirty or ninety bigger than ten? Yes, sir, oh man, sorry I keep coughing.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Sweet Sorcery ride.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all coming out. It's all coming out.
Speaker 1: It's gross. It's getting over the mic, it's on the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to not cough on the mic. We'll have to worry everybody was spray this mike. I'm sure I'll be all love that. Okay, here it is, okay, here we go, here we talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, you read it.
Speaker 2: You're reading you bolt mind bomb, mind mine bomb is ah sorcery, sorcery for blue, and I'll read it as it's printed in the fourth or fifth edition one that we're looking at here. Mind Bomb deals three damage to each player. All players may discard up to three cards of their choice from their hands. Each card a player discards this way or in this manner prevents one damage to that player from mind bomb. Yeah. Let me see. I don't know if I can envision a scenario where I discard a card to not take one damage that's prevented. Yeah, then I just mill. I think mine bomb is just like every everybody mill three.
Speaker 1: But it's not everybody mill three. It's everybody mill nine because it prevents three damage three people. Yeah, so if we take we take three, you don't take any but you all mill nine for one. That's pretty good, Okay, so good. And then the the art, which I we're gonna talk about not describing art, but we're gonna describe this one. It's like an old World War two bomb, like coming down to except it's exploding open and there's.
Speaker 2: Just a brain and the shells are breaking off and it's literally a brain. Because Mono Blue, I'm obviously smarter than you because I play mind bomb, and I'm gonna mill you nine for one. Oh so good.
Speaker 1: It's like, I guess, hypothetically, all of your opponents like, okay, boys, let's all just card three cards from my hand to avoid Yeah right, nobody's gonna do that. Yeah, it's mill nine for one.
Speaker 2: Okay, pretty good, Yeah, pretty good. I'm gonna fly through these enchantments. We got four some.
Speaker 1: Of these are good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well, mirror mad is a three drop copies in enchantment or artifact, So you're gonna see why that's good when you see our artifacts. Patient Rebuilding is a five drop enchantment. At the beginning of your up keep, target opponent puts the top three cards of their library in to their graveyard that is mill. Then you draw a card for each land milled this way.
Speaker 1: I think that's fine, but it's cost five.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably cooler stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, I don't know, fricking brainstorm if I want to generally just draw two or three cards anyways. Imprisoned in the Moon is a removal spell. Sure, it makes somebody's commander into a uh waste colorless land wastes, and then Court of Cunning is a milk card. It's a three drop enters about a field become the monarch at the beginning of your upkeep any number of target players each mill two cards. If you're the monarch, those players mill ten instead.
Speaker 1: This is important because if you have the mind Skinner and somebody hits you to become the monarch, and you hit them, do you become the monarch because you're not dealing combat damage to them?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh oh no, oh.
Speaker 1: Right, because none of that combat damage stuff works when you look at things like coastal piracy or whatever. Like if you would if a creature would deal combat damage to a player, you get it back, or you get a thing you draw card that doesn't work with the mind.
Speaker 2: Skinning whenever this is verbatim what it says on the monarch token, that isn't worded wrong, Okay, whenever a creature deals combat damage to you, its controller becomes the monarch.
Speaker 1: So you can't take the monarch back with this deck if the mind Skinner is in play.
Speaker 2: Yes, and while we've already demonstrated we're mind skinning with two or three or four or more mind Skinners.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh is that non bal?
Speaker 1: Is that a non bal?
Speaker 2: A little bit, A little bit of a non bob A little bit Okay, so be careful with that.
Speaker 1: One, because like, the first thing people are gonna do is just strip you of the of the monarchy. Yeah yeah, and I know that because I play that in Obeka, and that's the one that people hate more than anything, because the mill one, because it's the mill one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, creatures or artifacts.
Speaker 1: Let's let the artifact. Let's do the artifacts. I think that the artifacts are kind of I don't want to say they're set, but I think that there's a little bit more like noingle room en mass in the creatures.
Speaker 2: They are certainly not set. And I say that because they're all budget. Because this deck is under Hunter bucks and that's really good. Okay, uh yeah, that doesn't count. He's pointed to the price, but that's not the price.
Speaker 1: I pointed to the price of the deck. Okay, anyway, we.
Speaker 2: Got how about we just say bone splitter cast for one, equipped for one plus two power. Yes, because really that's what we care about.
Speaker 1: That mills two more cards off of each person that we are caring about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, brass nuts. When you cast it, equip it so you got one for each hand and equipped creature has double strike as long as it has two or more equipment attached to it.
Speaker 1: When you cast it, you copy it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I say, you said equip it.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, So if you pay for get two of them, they equip for one. If you have something with two equipments on it, they have double strike.
Speaker 2: Oh yes. Oh man. Here's one that I've always tried to get to work. Trepanation Blade. This is a three drop equipped two whenever equipped creature attacks. Defending player reveals cards from the top of their library until they reveal a land card that the creature. This creature gets plus one plus o until and a turn for each card revealed this way, and then those cards get milled.
Speaker 1: So they grind the land and then everybody mills a bunch of cards. Yes, that works pretty good in this deck.
Speaker 2: That does in this deck. Yeah, And because then they would everybody would mill again.
Speaker 1: You just don't attack Aiden because he's playing a lands deck, and you instead attack probably Alex Sake because he gets lands holdst more than anybody, and you're just going to mill him for like fourteen before he gets his next land yep, and then just blow everybody up.
Speaker 2: And here's the interesting thing about Trepidation Blade. To everybody, you're not milling very important. It reveals cards from the top of their library, not mill. They end up going to your graveyard, but specifically the mechanic of milling is from library to graveyard. This is revealed first.
Speaker 1: They're going like from exile to the graveyard technically.
Speaker 2: Speaking, so would they're not even could They're not even going to exile because all this happens as part of the resolution of the ability. Yeah, they're just revealed. So if you go to Bruvac in this deck, if you want to spice it up a bit or spice it down this, you won't Trepidation Blade double Yeah, no, you won't do that. Deal Okay, Boner Horde Living Weapon plus x, where x is the number of creature cards in all graveyards. Pretty good, really good in this that that's very good, really good. Ring of Evils Aisle.
Speaker 1: I like this one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Equips for one, cast for two. Equipped creature has x proof until end of turn. You can pay two as an activated ability to do that, and at the beginning of your upkeep put a plus one counter on equipped creature. If it's blue very slow.
Speaker 1: I would argue that this is a budget include. Yes, because again speaking from experience, this thing isn't gonna last long. I'll bet you people are going to be way more likely to kill this than the Bone Splitter.
Speaker 2: Oh by a lot. I wouldn't mind you. It does give things, yes X proof, that's that. Yes, Okay, Fire Shrieker gives double strike, but forged battle acts that's the one plus two. And whenever it deals combat damage to a player, uh oh, create a.
Speaker 1: Copy another one. Uh oh, and then you give But you don't, though, correct, because the equipped creature deals combat damage to a play This only works if you don't have your mind skinner. That's right. Frick.
Speaker 2: I knew if we doing this deck, we'd run into this trap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't think people think of that. I'm not saying, oh, we're so smart, but like I went through to make sure that some of this stuff worked the way that we wanted it to, and some of it doesn't. Yeah, which is too bad because but Forge battle ass is so good.
Speaker 2: Yep, here we are, give me, gimme, um, give me the Jeet.
Speaker 1: Just use a sort of body in.
Speaker 2: Mind, don't doesn't that have to deal damage?
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right. I fell into the trap again.
Speaker 2: Jet Jeet is on attack.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's damage, dude.
Speaker 2: I thought I was fricking smart. Okay, Hall of Triumph. Hall of Triumph entered battfield, choose the color. Creatures that chose the color get plus one. That's good. With all our little guys, we're going to be playing black.
Speaker 1: There's a good one.
Speaker 2: This one works, Yes, this one Fox. Yeah. Equip Creature gets plus one plus one for each land you control, and equip Legendary for three, equip regular Normy for seven.
Speaker 1: That's kind of sucky. I would replace the what that one the butt Ford's battle ass with a nettle cyst. It gets plus one plus one for each artifact you control.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty okay.
Speaker 2: Stratacide enters the battlefield Exile of Land, and Equiped Creature gets plus one for each land on the battlefield with the same name. Yeah, so exile an Island. We're only playing thirty four of those. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's not too bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a swift foot boots, Lightning greaves, and due real Flame of the West. Ooh. Equiped Creature gets plus three plus one you equip for two, cast for three. Whenever equipped creature attacks, create two tapped one to one white creature tokens with flying If with flying, oh, because they're ghosts and not the shitty cat. They're good ghosts, the good ghost if that creature is legendary, which probably will be. Instead, create two of those tokens that are tapped in attacking. Now we're talking, so if we're equipping our mind skinner, we get tapped in attacking ghosts. So it's a mill twelve. Now, yes, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good, not too bad.
Speaker 2: And then finally, icing on the cake, you gotta know that this card was more definitely in here might be the most expensive card in the.
Speaker 1: Deck by a lot.
Speaker 2: Helm of the host correct, give it a read.
Speaker 1: I know you like this again, Well, at the beginning of combat, on your turn, you would create a token that's a copy of equipped creature if it is not legend If it is legendary, the token is not.
Speaker 2: That is all again, taste taste very important.
Speaker 1: It's an equipment for four that equips for five. So there's a big man investment, like ninety seven percent of the time, it's worth it, though.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, you know what the tricky part is is like mind Skinner on three, helm on four, equip on five, like I haven't. I still haven't done anything. I got to attack, but now I'm attacking for I guess I'm milling twenty for milling everybody for twenty. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: We're using such big numbers like they're so casually. If it was like I'm swinging at you for twenty, like holy shit, like I were milling everybody for twenty.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, fuck whatever, yeah, whatever, it doesn't matter. I got one hundred cards.
Speaker 1: Who gives a shit, but everybody cares.
Speaker 2: Now is the time that I say cards in your graveyard could be cards that you never would have seen anyways. And if you're worried about your best card getting milled, add some redundancies in, or add some graveyard getterbackers in, or change the plan. If you didn't know that card was there, you weren't planning for it. Now you know you're not going to get it, so change the plan. Mill does nothing, and it's not removing any of your agency as a player because.
Speaker 1: Or do what I do here, Here's what I do. Thank you Ryan does this high level shit. Here's what I do. I take the card that got milled that I really wanted, and I tuck it way down at the bottom of my graveyard, and then I make sure that my graver is nice and square so I can't see it. And then I just pretend that it's somewhere else in my library, Okay, right, and then I don't feel bad because it's still in there. I didn't draw it.
Speaker 2: I live in the real Brando lives in the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: And both work, both work, Hey at work equally as well.
Speaker 2: We have opposite opinions on something on the internet and we're still friends.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: And we're playing a mill deck?
Speaker 1: What? Who are we? What if we?
Speaker 2: I can't make my voice Ginny high.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about dudes, okay, because there are.
Speaker 2: Or in this case, they're blue dudes, bluedes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like. I like the top two. I was excited to see these guys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and a little bit. We're just gonna go through because a lot of these are the same thing, but.
Speaker 1: These first two I just kind of want to just give them the credit that they deserve. They're bouncing and bubbling, beebels, bouncing. There's a lot of alliteration there for you, and they are. They're two two's for blue two that are indestructor or not instructible, unblockable if your opponent controls an artifact or an enchantment, respectively. And the beebel are just it's one of those little dudes that you'll see on lots of cards that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people just like seeing, right, bouncing Biebels, unblockable artifact two two, bubbling Beebels, unblockable enchantment three. Three big beats there. That's a mill nine collecttively. Okay, Cephalid ink.
Speaker 1: Shrouder, Cephalid dink Shrouder. He's basically a jockstrap.
Speaker 2: A perfect for this deck because jockstrap jock slap, chop slap built the deck. Yes, oh man, do you remember how much fun we had with that nickname in Vancouver. Yes, so many slaps and chops and bops and cocks and oh so good. Okay, Cephalid jockstrap two to one for three discard a card from your hand, can't be the target of spells, your abilities, and is unblockable. This turn sure good?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, you have to you have to. You have to say it. You have to say it now, super.
Speaker 2: Serious clammy Prowler. Fuck, I'm being serious, Brando, what a stupid name it's from? This is this is the mind Skinners, This is the mind for Skinner's fricking Clammy Prowler. Friend. They're from the same set to two five for four. When the Clammy Prowler attacks target another target, attacking creature can't be blocked this turn.
Speaker 1: There are people yelling at the show. What's its real name? You guys? What's the card actually called? Clammy Prowler?
Speaker 2: Slammy Prowler? Goddamn, it's good. It's a good one. Man. What do you think it tastes like? Does it taste like the seafood section at the grocery store smells? Does it taste like clam chowder?
Speaker 1: What's going on here? Oh man?
Speaker 2: Between the freaking jock strap, the fore Skinner, the Clammy Prowler. Is this the dirtiest deck we've done in a long, great while or what?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: What do you think that this that collectively smells like?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: And what's about it being like a c CEO raw dog budget deck, Like like in Vegas one time people put onions in their onion bag. Can we just have like a stinky fish bag and this is it. I don't want that, but somebody has to do it.
Speaker 1: We could do it, could be possible.
Speaker 2: Escape Artist one one for two can it's unblockable. You scart a card from your hand, you bounce it to its owner's hand. Yes, so it doesn't die. It's escaping. Had a spy Patrol is a level up one one for two. You level it up for three mana and it can't be blocked. You level it up two more times for three mana and it has shroud and also can't be blocked.
Speaker 1: You level it up one time and that's where it sits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, Metathran Soldier one one for two unblockable, all right, and you know the you know the drill, oh paraground of gathering mists. I play this. It's a two two for four. Other blue creatures get plus one plus one and blue tap another target Blue creature you control gains while flying until.
Speaker 1: Two, which is unblockable if you're kind of paying attention. Yeah, because again, what's cool about this deck we haven't really talked about it is as long as you hit anybody, you hit everybody, that's good. So if one guy or two of them have flying blocks, but the other guy doesn't. Flying is as good as unblockable. Everybody's gonna take damage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I like about it. It's taking the obnoxious and egregious mill every mill half your deck, but doubled. It takes that out of the game, but it still gets the job done. Okay, okay. Next one is slither Blade one two for one. Can't be blocked veteran the dulcan infiltrader. Look at his creepy fingernails.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can't be blocked.
Speaker 2: Can't be blocked. Okay. Moving on archetype of imagination six drop creatures you control, have flying creatures your opponent's control, lose flying and can't gain flying.
Speaker 1: Fancy way of saying, can't be blocked.
Speaker 2: Meyer Lurk Queen. Good creature type here, Crab mutant solid okay, four four for five. When it enters a battlefield, target player gets two rad counters. I don't think we care about that. Whenever, oh well, it does mill, it does mill, but like fuck it. Whenever one or more non land cards are milled, Oh yeah, draw draw card, then put a plus one counter on Meyer. Crab thing triggers only once each.
Speaker 1: Turn, so essentially, once a turn you're gonna get a counter and a card. On that card, it's a good one.
Speaker 2: This is a four to four, than a five to five, then a six six, and it's also a ferrexcine arena. Yes, okay, this is good. Okay. Reservoir kracking sixty six for four trample ward two on a blue creature. What is this guy's gonna beat? At the beginning of each combat? If reservoir cracking is untapped, any opponent may tap an untapped creature they control. If they do tap reserv we're cracking and create a one one blue fish creature token with this creature can't be blocked. Yeah, so you can tap, or you can mill six, or you can get attacked and will pump our one one and give it double strike and you'll be milling. Anyways.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that card. Yeah, I'm going to try and fish one of those out. I like that.
Speaker 2: I like this card. Fish it out, you mean cracking it out?
Speaker 1: Sure, Okay, let's get cracking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get cracking on this Tromo Cratus oh eight eight can't be blocked unless every single creature that could block is it blocks it. Okay, So what that means is if you have a tapped guy, you can untapped guy. Your tapped guy can't block it, so it can't be blocked.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Also hexpert when it's attacking or blocking. The fuck we're not blocking. No, no, we're knocking.
Speaker 1: That's a neat card. I like that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Sr Ward Wing familiar spells your opponent's control cost three more to target a commander you control.
Speaker 1: It gives your commander ward three.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's a three to one flyer, which is hard to block.
Speaker 1: It's basically unblockable. We'll mill one card.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jace's phantasm is a one one for one with flying. It's plus four if an opponent has ten or more cards in their graveyard.
Speaker 1: Man, how are we ever gonna make that happen?
Speaker 2: Attack with our commander one time. Then we got a five to five flyer that mills fifteen. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, silver Mere, we talked about tempest gin. I like this one plus one for each basic frickin' island we control.
Speaker 1: We're playing thirty four of them.
Speaker 2: Each pumpkin spice island we control is gonna MILLI You for freaking three now, yes, while one multiplied by three players and it has flying correct another crab. It's like he knew I liked this deck. Cheriks the Raging Aisle. Oh shit, a zero seventeen that's my fucking kind of car for four for four spells, your opponents cast that target. Cheriks a Raging I'll cost two more to cast and it's got three It gets plus x minus x until end of turn, where x is the number of islands you control.
Speaker 1: Do you think you've ever gotten into a situation or somebody's ever gotten into a situation with chericks where they attack in and they activate it, go and somebody's like, hey, hey, bud, you've got eighteen islands there ooh and they just eat shit. He probably ever happened.
Speaker 2: Probably not. I think six is fine because you go like, pay three to give plus six, pay three to give plus six. Now you've got a twelve five.
Speaker 1: But it's not up to whatever, right, like, however many islands you've played, and you're probably gonna play one every turn.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I mean. If I got six islands, I use three of them and then three of them and I activate that ability twice and I give plus six minus six plus six minus six. I'm gonna have a twelve.
Speaker 1: Twelve eleven or whatever the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'm gonna mil everybody for for lots, yeah.
Speaker 1: For several yeah, okay, protect we talked about.
Speaker 2: Ambassador Laquatas is just pay three mil three?
Speaker 1: I forgot about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good. If you have infinite manna, you could probably cut him though. Grand Architect lets you tap untapped blue creatures to pay artifact costs and abilities.
Speaker 1: What's the are we playing the other half of the combo with him?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: It is not Pillopala?
Speaker 2: What we are not?
Speaker 1: We are not, So we don't have infinite manna for an ambassador with a Quatas Uh?
Speaker 2: Correct? Okay, and he's not an artifact Google Lurker one one for one unblockable ye undead Alchemist. Oh I like this card. It's a four to two. I've always wanted to make this card work four to two for four zombie.
Speaker 1: You've always wanted to make it work? Will it work this time?
Speaker 2: If a zombie you control would deal combat damage to a player instead? So far it doesn't work that player mills that many cards. Well, shit, Okay, whenever a creature card is put into an opponent's graveyard from their library, it is exile that card, which is already good, and create a two two black zombie. So every creature you mill I get two power not two power, is going to turn into just more and more and more mill.
Speaker 1: The first paragraph means nothing, the second one is very good. Bladed Agent, infect unblockable, unblockable. Remember infect in this case doesn't work Invisible Stoker, hex proof, unblockable, Deep Sea Kraken. You read the stats and then I'll tell them the ability.
Speaker 2: Six six for ten unblockable. But it's got suspend three for nine turns well.
Speaker 1: But whenever your opponents play a spell, you take a time counter off this thing. You honest, I've seen this thing like you go suspend for three and it's in play when it becomes your turn again. I've seen that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this card is is.
Speaker 1: People aren't paying attention and it just.
Speaker 2: The only thing I don't like about it is to suspend. It exists on the same turn as our commander exists on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you could suspend it on turn two after a sol ring sure or something, because sol ring doesn't let us cast our commander anyways. So just thinking about the play patterns and sequencing there, be careful, maybe add some more man of rocks if you find that deep Sea Kraken and the four Skinner are the two things that you want to do on turn three every time.
Speaker 1: You probably don't want to turn three that though, you probably want to turn four or five it because that's when you're going to get into the two things. Two things, two things.
Speaker 2: In fleet right fleet swallower when it attacks not not a combat damage. When it attacks target player mills half their library.
Speaker 1: Sure yep.
Speaker 2: Silent hell Creeper one one for two with a bunch of abilities unblockable. Yep, spark double Ooh, this one works.
Speaker 1: That's a clone that will work with mind Skinner, and it's an eleven eleven because it gets a plus one plus one.
Speaker 2: Counter eleven two.
Speaker 1: Is it? Oh? Yeah, you're right, you're right. I keep forgetting that it's so small.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, Knoptic Scarab swarm. Okay. This is a one to one flyer for form. When it enters the battlefield, exile target player's graveyard. Each artifact or land exiled, you get a one to one insect creature token with flying it's pretty good. This is graveyard removal in a mill deck, which is very important, and a bunch of little bodies that you can spread across wherever they can get in. Yep, two mil correct and our final card.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the fact that this is Yeah, yeah, Zeleix. Is he the most expensive card in the deck?
Speaker 2: Oh? Definitely, definitely he is. What happens Zelex sanity Flair, Well, this is the widescreen version. Maybe that one's only available in collector packs because it didn't come in in commander decks.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, sure he has.
Speaker 2: Whenever a player mills one or more creature cards, we create a one to one black Hole Horror creature token. That's good. Also one tap target player mills three cards. Huh die like that?
Speaker 1: That's good. But that's that's a lot of dollars. Yes, that's a lot of dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, foil twenty five bucks foils or fifty budget section real quick. We've got a twenty five dollars Zelex and a ten dollars almost Helm of the Host.
Speaker 1: And Kinnoptic Scarabswarm is eleven bucks too.
Speaker 2: And a Kinnoptic Scabswarm is eleven bucks. Those are the three most expensive cards in the deck. If you did cut those three, I don't think you lose a ton that you couldn't replace.
Speaker 1: The Helm of the Host. Maybe you lose a little bit of explosiveness.
Speaker 2: I like, instead of Helm of the Host, I like any other equipment that gives double strike. Yeah, because that's gonna do kind of the same thing. Yeah, and maybe save you eight or ten.
Speaker 1: Bucks and a ten or twelve manna.
Speaker 2: And yeah, potentially right now, if you TCG mid price this whole deck that comes to ninety nine dollars. So if you cut TCG mid out of here, let's say, uh, I don't know, if you cut another thirty out of there, TCG mid thirty, you could build this mill deck for like sixty sixty five bucks, maybe seventy bucks pretty good, which is really really a budget deck these days. And if you did want to add some oomph to it, you could put that money back in with a xelex, a Helm of the Host, or a Bruvak, because Breuvak is really gonna frickin' yeah.
Speaker 1: Bruvak is the thing that takes the deck from being all right, find your planing, your mil deck let's go to damn.
Speaker 2: Bruvak is the the damage doubler, right, like you think of Furnace a wrath, and what are the other damage doublers? Not Fiery Incarnation.
Speaker 1: Or whatever City on Fire?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And deck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or in your red deck the double combat steps, right, Breuvak is that in this deck. So if you want to spend the twenty or thirty dollars whatever it is, twenty five bucks, let's say you could spruce the deck up a little bit. But it's a slippery slope because when you run Bruvak, you want to do traumatized, maddening cacophony. Then you want to find those that you want to run the tutors that find those cards, right.
Speaker 1: And all of a sudden you're cutting the mind Skinner to play Urza and you're.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or or then oh, Breuvak's just a better mill commander. So yeah, I look at this as an aggro deck, not a mill deck. I agree, right, And for that reason, if I did want to put a Brewvak in, I would relegate him to one hundred percent the ninety nine and not make a Brewvac deck, even though I do like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you have a Brewvac deck. Yeah, it's not the same as this.
Speaker 2: I also have a foil Mind Skinner me too.
Speaker 1: Woo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, a couple of strengths and weaknesses. Mill is. Mill is very much a weakness in that you do have to deal let's let's say, ninety damage ninety damage three times, which is really hard. Even if you have a ten to one.
Speaker 1: It's not you're dealing ninety damage one once. Oh yeah, okay, your whole opponents. So as far as that kind of mill goes, you're you're doing pretty good. Okay, it makes the mill. I think that it's I think it's fair and balanced mill and.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think, yeah, it still does have the mill stigma though, So watch out and do what I just did. When you sit down and have like a little bit of a pregame. I'm playing this Mono blue eggro deck. It's trying to mill you, so you have to take ninety damage. But it is an agro deck. It isn't maddening Cacphonybrewvac dot deck.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what you say. I'm not playing Brewvac. I only have one counter spell every donting.
Speaker 2: Yeah fine, oh yeah, right, perfect and if you're playing against a graveyard deck, maybe you make a little bit of an alliance in that game and say like, hey, I'm helping you out. Remember, so if you if you don't have your piece in your graveyard that you need, right, like, there is some political prowess that you can kind of use a hell no, is that a strength through a weakness?
Speaker 1: Hey, graveyard bro, if your piece isn't in your graveyard, I'm gonna fuck put it there for you.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 2: I can foreskin it in there, and I can foreskin take it away with my conoptic scarabs form.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is weakness, not a whole ton of graveyard removal.
Speaker 1: Yes, just the one is just the one. I think it was just the one. And here's and this is a big weakness. This is a big, big weakness, especially since we're only playing five pieces of removal Want or Not Removal Ramp, one of which is at five and one of which is at six. This deck does not work without the mind Skinner input. Your deck sucks, yeah, without the mind Skinner And that's yeah, and it's a ten one so it's not hard to kill.
Speaker 2: I like to flip that into a positive. Here's here's the strength is. You can say something like my deck does not work with the commander. So when your commander gets killed because people hate mill, you just be like, I'm doing nothing until i have five man or seven mana right, the commander costs three. Let's call that a definite strength because as early as turn two or three, you can have your commander on board doing something like if you do do that mind skinner helm of the host, equip Helm of the Host attack, you can start doing your thing, like as early as turn four and it's like, well, okay, you guys are on the clock. There's you get like three more turns or two turns or whatever it is with the math, like if you've got a helm on the host and then the next turn you go you followed up with cast and equip frickin' fire shrieker. Hey, you guys are milling thirty now, right, So like that's fifty over two turns. That doesn't leave you very much wiggle room if you've n a couple of cards and you just haven't found your removal. So the deck can move quite quickly as an aggro deck if you're using the agro cards in in in the equipment that you normally take.
Speaker 1: And the way that it's built. I'll throw this in there. Also, this deck does just lose to well Drowsy Titans. Oh it can't be.
Speaker 2: Yes, you need some instance be graveyard removal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't have it. And the only removal that you have that would get those things puts them into your grape, puts them into their graveyard and as such shuffles their graveyard back into their library so they can keep beating you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, you know what I like.
Speaker 1: And if I try to swip flip over and just do the agro strategy, you're gonna lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bounce my I'll kill my own mind skinner and hit you for four unblockable. Yeah, nice ten turn clock bud. Yeah. I really like in decks like this that have this niche kind of mill strategy. I like stifle and trick bind type effects. Right, so you can if it's a triggered ability that's shuffling something back into the graveyard. Great. If there's anything that you can think of in blue or artifacts that say if something would go to the graveyard, excel it instead, like a lay line of the void or a rest in peace but in blue or artifacts like those are the kinds of things that you have to really search for. And in this deck, bonus points if they're on a creature, because then you can use that creature to further mill even though that's not what the creature says on it.
Speaker 1: To beat ass. Yes, yeah, I just thought of something that would have been really good and then I missed it. I'll think of it later and I'll put it in comments below.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it next week on the pre show.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to pick this deck up, where would you go?
Speaker 1: I would go to Fusion Gaming Online dot com oright, I could use special promo code CCO Summer to save five percent off all the stuff that's in this deck and then have it shipped at my.
Speaker 2: House five percent off. You're bouncing beebels, bubbling beebels, You're Clammy Prowler, and your mind skinners, your rapid hybridizations. You could save five percent on any of that stuff. And if you're gonna buy the whole deck, you're gonna spend over one hundred Canadian dollars. You get ten percent of that back in store credit when you use CCO perks, so that's like a couple booster packs back in store credit.
Speaker 1: Or or if you're building for something like trash Antie, that's like twenty percent of another tail. It's pretty good. It's pretty good. I'm telling you, Okay, So check them out. If you like that, check out the If you're in Western Canada, check out the award winning quark Is. It's not a stout, it's a fucking beer.
Speaker 2: It's beer, and it's delicious drink.
Speaker 1: Very good and you should have some. They're very good. We've had them here. Try the Mouth, they're delicious. Pile of Bones Brewing cof in Regina, check out the tap room. They have very good food and very nice people down there. Really appreciate them people. We appreciate Gary and on the whole team here at dam which is Gary and Us and a couple other people who show up sometimes, but we don't talk about them.
Speaker 2: Quark strangeness and charm, just like you get here on Commander Cookout podcast. It's a Belgian blonde something that neither of us are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never even met one of those neat and maybe if I did, we would be friends. I hope we would, all right, So to you people who are my friends, thank you for being here. And I think we're probably gonna do Foundations, Hey found.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do something next week about the new stuff that's strolling out Hey Products with MSRP again, Spongebobs, Foundations Berman.
Speaker 1: I think that foundations might be something to talk about.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I'm closing.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since we've had a core set, so maybe we'll talk about why that is and why it might be a good thing that they're coming back on the next episode of Commander Cookout podcast. In our theme