Speaker 1: Nat to please three.
Speaker 2: Al Right, it is Tuesday, April eight, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: This is Sparta.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Jason straight worn alone with my co host, said Drick Swerve and Irvin.
Speaker 3: Hit him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve, hitt him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve.
Speaker 2: Hey man, that that uh pittbu will get you hypre every time doing it.
Speaker 3: No, it's that COR's light now.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir cors Light. Hey man, we got a whole truckload of these things, man, thanks to you and the guys hold at Corus Light official beer of This is Sparta in this shot. Hey swerve man, listen, we won't let everybody know. If that's your first time join us, we want to welcome you. If this is not your first time, we thank you for your loyalty and do not forget to hit the light and subscribe buttons because it helps a whole lot doesn't cost you would think let us know where you watch it from. You know, bad Gay Gray is in the house once again. Rashi Howard Lansing's finals. Hey man, we got a jam packed show. We got one of Lansing's finance on the show, tonight as a special guest. We're gonna get to that in a moment, Maureen, how you doing Spartan fans in the house? Coach Mareene as coach? That is definitely coach. You know, I know what he was hitting people up today on Facebook and everything. I know he's somewhere out there, you know, sipping, you know, something coming, you know, getting on he said, I know he was up late last night watching that game. It's talk about your weekend, man, how was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Straight? You know, I'm the head coach man of Raw seven on seven and we had a tournament and uh and the guys played well, man, they fought to the end, and uh they played in Orlando. Uh, then my son had a visit at Georgia. I mean it's just, you know, I need to make three of me. You know, I hate to tell you. You know who he's going next Friday? This Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean like in a few days, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 3: I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but just know I'm this shirt I have on now, I'm gonna have it on Saturday at the practice at the scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, it sounds like you're going someplace and parts unknown. I'm not even gonna broke that, by the way, you listen, I know, I'm already gonna take you everywhere. And again, this is the son, your son's decision. Ultimately, I had my son Cody was in town in Michigan this past weekend.
Speaker 3: Man, you know that I saw he looked a real good walk in the halls of the Green and White.
Speaker 2: Yeah you saw that, Yeah, yeah, yeah. He has to start a lout there. He is right there.
Speaker 1: That's the younger Cody, the sequel that's twenty twenty eight. He took a tour. You know, he was walking around watching for.
Speaker 3: It was literally what's up with the one finger?
Speaker 1: Like what that's that number one? You're just saying, hey, you.
Speaker 3: Know, no, I didn't go up. It went this ways great, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey man, young you're gonna figure this flow out, you know. But now, it was great having him there, and he had spent some time with his brother ultimately too over in the other place where you're going this coming up weekend, but this coming weekend. But man, it was great having him walk the halls and the old stomping grounds. Man, my favorite place on the planets were East Lansing, Michister State's campus. Nothing like it.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh, you got to go to Columbia.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'll be taking him to Columbia if we do that. You know, Columbia. If you're in the market for a newer, pre owned Forward or Lincoln, there's only one place to go. Hines Park Automotive Group is family own and operated and sharing. You are not just a number, but a value member of their family, offering the best price in the doorstep delivery of your new vehicle anywhere in the state. Now it's time to experience the make it easy dealer. Visit Hinespark dot com. Now you won't regret it. Sword look, man, lots of stuff to talk about, you know. Obviously, gonna get into the spring football action of what's going on with Michigan State because we had you know, this special cam. Your drone was up and they were there. He was there this weekend, so we got to see bird's eye and like right there on the field view of what was happening and what our thoughts are on that. We're gonna get to that in a minute. We also have to get to our special guests. But we also are gonna cover what some may say. It was a real sad day in East Lansing today after these message from our friends over at Grade Matter Exchange Great Matters.
Speaker 4: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business, Gray Matter, exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty savings on your ups. And that X costs.
Speaker 2: Wookie in the house. And that's Cody's nickname right there. Brad, he was there practice too. Brad was at practice. I saw you. You saw us.
Speaker 3: There, Brag the actor. What's the act? I say?
Speaker 2: He looked like, no, no, this Mike, Mike looks like Brad Gray Gray Silver Mike.
Speaker 3: A man, see team.
Speaker 2: Man, I get it, I get it man. We gotta get into this man, because this is we gotta just pull the band aid off everybody. So there's a short video made in remembrance of the great Jace Richardson.
Speaker 3: Ohe to the good time.
Speaker 1: Made the last a week.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I thought we gat Judy evil, but for e gone. No, it's Tuesday to Bye tunious today. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Jason Richerson did declare for the NBA Draft today in the long letter to Spartan Nation, saying that listen, man, he he will ever forever be a Spartan dog, but swear if it was just too much, it's a lottery pick. That's what everybody's calling him. So I had to take the offer and all his dreams, just like his daddy.
Speaker 3: Straight what I told you. He should have kissed the floor in the letter that I would have gave everybody hugs, DAPs. I would have exchanged Instagram, Twitter because I'm not going back to East Lands. I'm not going back there. Y'all can clear out my locker, y'all can have my dorm, y'all can have everything. Getting a matter of fact, give it to the new freshman that's coming behind me because I'm not going back there. I told you guys that I'm I'm I mean, he wrote a long letter. Kudos, but I already knew. You already knew.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of little long faces today and inspired because yesterday he kind of posted a cryptic message saying something about he may come back and something like that.
Speaker 1: But we don't we know.
Speaker 3: I knew when he started starting and they started talking about it when they first mentioned Loti pick clear out his locker, and.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Tom is a coaches is going to talk about this at some point, not today, but he usually let's you know, he's not a guy that's gonna try to stop a kid from following his dreams, especially when he's gonna be drafted so high. I don't think Christy was considered a lottery but he certainly wasn't and he ended up being a starter for the Lakers before now I think he's with the Mavericks. So Jason Richardson Mannie, this is a guy who's going to have a hell of an NBA career as well. That's what it looks like for me as an eighteen year old doing what he did as he started maturing later on in the season. I mean, best of luck and well wishes for him and what he's going to do and accomplishing his career.
Speaker 3: You know the thing about a kid like that in that sport, you know, when you got a dad that played the game and the dad still in shade, they probably still go in the back on you know, they probably got a full cord and all that. And like I was just watching highlight with the cross Sober bring behind the back and stop on a dime like that's something he had to work on, you know. I know Jason had to be like me. You know, I just set my alarm clock five o'clock in the morning, wake him up, let's go. We got push ups, we got pull ups, we got every day. Came belly and open their eyes and that way he do that crossover stop, big back, stip back, do this, do that. That's something he's been working on since, you know, since he can pick up a basketball. So I say that to say this, You got a dad that played the game, played thirteen years in the NBA, you know, and who's gonna be there like your manager, you know, but great guy, great player. Man. I wouldn't even kiss is. I have told him. I call him later.
Speaker 2: The good news is he's going to be a part of the Spartan family for life, just like his father and all his predecessors. So look, you know, it was a great run, got to the elite. He was not able to punch a ticket to the final four, and doesn't look like that's in the cards. His father played two seasons on campus in Michigan State before then eventually going to the NBA Jason better than his dad. I guess so he's gone as a true freshman. H so good, best of luck to him.
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on straight, hold on, lord, I don't say better than his dad. Me.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, Hey, listen, when you're talking about he is five, his ability to get out in one year, this is what you're gonna grade him on. I'm not saying that he's a dunker like his dad, but listen, at the same age he is definitely viewed it as a higher draft pick than his dad was at the same age.
Speaker 3: That's a fact straight. His dad went five. Jason not going five as a sophomore. His dad went five. So what did we say.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a whole other year. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I would tell Jason to come back then and see if you go five.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, man, listen, he ain't coming back. It doesn't make any sense for him to do that. He's a you know, like you said, I don't think there's any It was no talk to him not hiring an agent, because you can do that in basketball. Not hiring h go test the waters and then come back. Potentially, that's a rap you're talking about. Somebody who is a definite lottery pick. This is where we're at. I only want to know how much two championship caliber starters costs. Can't miss, gotta buy smart. That's Action Jackson. Okay, they want to know. Somebody wants to know. Action Jackson wants to know how much it costs. You got the money. I don't know if this is like one of them deve Portnoy things. He's putting up the dollars. Is that what's going on?
Speaker 1: Action? Talk to him.
Speaker 2: You put you in trust with the right people.
Speaker 3: Right right right, AJ, if you got the money, AJ, you let us know if not Coal Lizzo that kind of rhyme. AJ, if you got the money, let us know. If not Coal.
Speaker 2: Lizzo got the money, let us know it's not now we gotta If he got the money, man, we're gonna get. We're gonna get all kind of players. That is what That's what we need. We need people like that, that kind of aggressiveness. And we're gonna talk a lot about Nil and what's going on because there was a huge court case hearing yesterday as far as the House settlement and something we've talked about on this show. A lot, but it has to do with what the landscape of college athletics is gonna look like here going forward. And there was Judge Wilkin who met and had a hearing. It's not decided as a yet. We're gonna get into those details in the moment, But first we got to talk about women's basketball. Girl Julia are y'all. She represented mister save women's basketball one last time over the weekend at the Lily Women's College All Star Game.
Speaker 1: This is your girl.
Speaker 2: Give me that ship, Give me that ship. Yeah, man, it's her last hurrah right there. Like to see that out of her. Also, let's not forget high honor for Michigan States. Skyla Shelty, Jim Nassis, and Jalen Thompson football had been named MSU's nominees for the inaugural Big Ten Jackie Robinson and Impact Award, the conference announced on Monday. The Big Ten Jackie Robinson Community and Impact Award was established this year to recognize student athletes at Big Ten institutions who strive to have a positive impact not only in they're chosen sport, but also within their community. So best of luck to both of those great representatives of Michigan State, the Green and White Skyla Schelte and Jalen Thompson. So that's a big deal. That's a big deal right there. So we want to give them kudos and props for that. Let's see if they can pull that one home and win it and s where we got to get Listen, we got to get to our special guest right here. The first we got to talk about making your nil gift charitable with Charitable Gift America, MSU's Baseball's dominant left hand pitcher, Joseph Zeroa is giving back to the community once again through his partnership with Charitable Gift America, MSU's original and most trusted nil fund. MSU Baseball selected six year old Luca Wright to join the team as their top recruit for the season. Luca is currently taking on leukemia and he needs the support of our Spartan community. For every strikeout that Zero collects this season, he's in the top ten nationwide. He'll be making a donation to the looking for Luca fun Step up to the plate for your fellow Spartan today at CGA Athletics dot or soever. Like what you heard so far, please hit that like and subscribe. See the viewers coming in here right now. It's and look, we got people arguing about who's gonna pay for what. Duke's roster has a lot of bully ball going out there as far as nil especially a basketball talk. Right now, we got to get into what Mischigan State spring football is look like. And the NFL Draft. That's something we haven't been able to cover. Pro Day was at MSU just a few weeks ago. We got to cover a little bit of that. And we're going to bring on our special guests after these message from our friends over at I Hop.
Speaker 5: Six dollars never tasted so good. I Hop's breakfast Shaves Combo is now just six dollars, featuring I hops world famous buttermilk pancakes, krispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cooked to order your way, all for just six bucks, part of the new six dollars house Swaves menu.
Speaker 1: All Right, I how Woody, how Hawaii?
Speaker 2: Checking in? That just showed up on my computer. Mercy, hey Woody, Amen, you know we're here for you, buddy, We are here for you.
Speaker 3: What is living the life? Brother?
Speaker 2: People need to follow him if they don't know now you know I'm gonna tell you right now. Listen, right now, swerve. It is time to bring on our special guests. A native of Lancing, Michigan, a graduate of Eastern High School locally in Lancing, went on to play football at the University of Note. Youre dame and now it's a certified NFL agent for probably the finest NFL agency in the land athletes. First, let's bring on the one, the only Travis Allen who joins. This is spartan Travis show, What's up?
Speaker 3: Holdlo on straight that picture? If you go back with the guy they had on the Michigan State Trapp didn't have on Michigan State, did it. I hope he didn't. No, Okay, yeah, please please don't travel. I don't want to. I don't want to have to have no problems. Brother.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I grew up a party you know, grew up a die hard. But I had to switch it up. That was what Joe ferguson. So Joe's a good family friend. Uh So I sent that over to Jason. I know it's spartan podcast, so I had to show a little bit of love.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you didn't have on the Spartan Chirt.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, man, Hey man, we appreciate you taking the time. And I know you out on the West coast right now, it's barely rushed out out there in California.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, early out here wrapping up work. So I'm definitely definitely glad to jump on. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Guys absolutely, man.
Speaker 2: So talk about a little bit like your day, like what do you do now as an agent for the.
Speaker 7: Yeah players, Every day is different.
Speaker 6: I always tell people, you know, this part of the year, you know, our guys are getting ready to get back, you know, into Ota. Some of our guys that you know, coming into new coaching staffs are able to report early. Then we'll have a few guys heading here in a few weeks. But basically just wrapped up prode's for our rookies. They were out here in Orange County and a couple other locations around the country just training for the combine, training for Pro Day. You know, now they're on their top thirty visits. Basically teams can bring in thirty players that they select to bring in for additional visits. So you know, guys are going around doing that. These next couple of weeks and then from there is draft time. So for us, obviously, you know, scheduling, scheduling visits, getting guys where they need to be, you know, helping our guys that are transitioning back into to their their pro workouts, and then the recruiting.
Speaker 7: That stuff never ends.
Speaker 6: So we're doing you know, uh n il for guys, helping with collectives, especially as this this portal is about to open and you know, working on recruit for next year.
Speaker 7: You know, it never ends.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean you talked about a lot of things right there when you talked about the NFL process. But when you want to recruit players, it used to be when Swerve and I played man, we would hear from agents probably in your your junior year of college, you know, sometimes not till your senior year whenever you were making noise and being draft becoming draft eligible. But now with the event of the n i L in a transfer portal, era a lot of agencies and I mean you you guys are there's there's nobody bigger and better with the kind of players that you guys have at the NFL level and coaches as well. You guys are now representing college athletes. If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so ever since it was different. Even when I joined Athletes first, there was no an il. This is you know, two or twenty twenty one, so it's only a couple of years old now, but you know, starting to talk to guys at you know, high school early into college, you know, going into their freshman year, whether that's helping do their collective deal or you know, working on brand partnerships for these guys, and then in high school too, kind of guiding them be more of an advisor, right like this is this is new to their families.
Speaker 7: It's new to to them of what to expect, you.
Speaker 6: Know, as they're you know, navigating different visits and you know, having these conversations with with the people at the school. It's good to have a resource that has been through it, has dealt with a lot of the top players, has dealt with a lot of these top universities, just kind of giving these guys, you know a little more guidance going through it so they're not being taken advantage of.
Speaker 7: We've seen that in our space.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately with you know, people charging players twenty twenty five are sent to work for him and at the end of the day, really not do a whole lot if there's going into a school and okay, hey here's the offer and we're going to take twenty percent off the top because you know, we're the one to bring it to the to the student.
Speaker 7: You know, to us, it just it's not right.
Speaker 6: And for us, it's more about representing these guys at the NFL level, So as much as we can work for them at the high school college level, kind of show what we're about, show how we do business. You have that time to build a relationship. You know that that's where we see the value. You know, we're not looking to get rich on nil or colective space and we're an NFL agency, but we do think it's important to provide these kids and families with the right right resources, surround them with the right people.
Speaker 1: Man. I mean he talking about you know, Swerve is a guy.
Speaker 2: You know, his son's got every offer known to mankind and you know he has a Mottol one dollar mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking to Day, it's like like what do you what are you working with you? What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you tell him when he's looking at you know, his son trying to make a decision on where to go to school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's actually funny. I didn't know you were with We're all I actually just talked to Hose day to day.
Speaker 7: Stay tuned. I think we're working together real soon. Here.
Speaker 6: I can't let it out too much, but uh yeah, like like that, you know, talking to someone like him who has you know, e seled on seventeen and you know a lot of these kids, and he's like, look, I'm seeing my kids getting take advantage of or you know, I'm trying to protect them and surround them with the right people.
Speaker 7: So, you know, finding partnerships like that.
Speaker 6: But for us, same thing maximizing dollars, you know, and we tell our guys at the NFL level too, when you're doing your second contract, this could be it. So we're never going to take a deal that we feel is below your market value or you know, the guaranteed structures not there, the language of the contracts not there, and you know, at the end of the day, the dollar figure is not there. You know, you can a lot of different things you can do that teams can do. Right, maybe it's a backloaded contract with now you're making the headlines because you got a highest.
Speaker 7: Paid you know, average per year deal.
Speaker 6: But if you really peel it back and look at you know, what's your guaranteed h pay, what's what's the cash flow? How much money you getting up front that you can take and invest. You know, we look at all those things. So we're never going to do the deal that makes us look good. It's gonna be the deal that's right for the player. You know, if if you owe us one of my colleagues say, if you if you owe us ten, we're getting ten. We're gonna go for eleven, but we're getting ten. We're not taking nine ninety nine. So yeah, yeah, So I've heard him say that a number of times. And trust when you see all the deals he does is and we do here athletes first, we follow that model.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just said a whole lot right there. Man, you said you could talk to the whole say over there about uh the.
Speaker 1: Wrow So that's not that's high school level. So yeah, yeah, talk about that. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I mean, uh, basically, you know, he's like, look, I got guys that in college, are you ready to hit the portal? Or guys that are upcoming in this next high school cycle and just want them to have you know, be surrounded by people have done it, people have done it at a high level, people that we respect and trust, and these families can respect and trust. And so yeah, like you said, it's it's a high school level.
Speaker 7: It's early.
Speaker 6: Uh, it's it's a it's a whole different world than it was a couple of years ago. But we know it's important, it's important to build these relationships at a young age. And we know, on the other than, what could happen if you know, if you're not surrounded by the right people.
Speaker 7: We've we've seen it.
Speaker 6: We've gotten guys out of deals where they're paying an agent twenty five percent to do who knows what right. So for us, it's like you at least know you're getting top of level work and we're not going to charge you armored leg because that's again not a money maker us. We want these players to get situated, make money and makes as much money as they can in college, and then get ready for the next level.
Speaker 2: Man, swear, what do you think about that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: We'll be talking about.
Speaker 1: The the silent to give them singals.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're on the same page, Grandpa.
Speaker 3: You say, what's understood, what's explained, what's understood, don't have to be.
Speaker 7: Explained exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Can't take me, So so take me. I want to. I want to show the fans in there, and I don't say fans no more because we all family here. Take me, like, how do how do I become an agent? Like I was just in Nor the Dame playing football? What made me? What made trap to make that right to to being an agent? Like what was the thought process? And how did football go in Nor the day? You know, let us know your your career.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so getting in the agency space, I'll start there. Well, I'll go back to to Notre Dame. Yeah, I came out Lancey Eastern. You know, didn't have any any big time offers, you know some D two offers, talk to some heavy league schools and actually gotten the Notre Dame on an academic ride. And I know I.
Speaker 7: Knows my daddy. You know, if it was basically like that, that's where you're going.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so red nos is basically you know, you have opportunity to go to Notre Dame. Uh, get out of Lansing. You know, I know football is important, but you got to think longer than that. And you know, once I got there. I had the opportunity to walk on and walked on at Notre Dame. So that was a great experience, a lot different than when you know, you're in high school, you feel like you're the guy.
Speaker 7: You feel like you want to be that guy. But now it's a different role.
Speaker 6: But you learn to play your role and you know, do something for your brothers and for your school. And I mean to play high level division in football and Notre Dame for me was a dream, you know, like I always wanted to be a spartan.
Speaker 7: They didn't come come knocking or come calling, so you know, I had to go there.
Speaker 6: But it's a great experience and from that, honestly open doors to a couple of different roles. I was working in sales in Detroit for a company called ian J. Galla, which is a Notre Dame family owned company. You know, the Irish definitely take care of their own, which is which is huge. And I was coaching high school football brother Rice at the time, so staying around the game and just was missing it. Every day I was leaving work and I'm like excited to go to football. Wasn't excited to go back to work, you know, good job, good pay, all that stuff, but you know, it wasn't passionate about it. And Lucky, like I said, Notre Dame is a great alumni network, you know, people that really care. And made a couple of calls to some people in the football building. And if you know the name Reggie Brooks, you know, Reggie Brooks was you know, huge to me and just you know, someone I could talk to event you know, bounce ideas off of. And he was like, man, I think you should think about you know, the sports agency world. His business, his people is football, and he's like, I just I think you should, you know, think about it and let me know and I can try to make some calls And ended up taking an internship, quitting my job in twenty nineteen. I was twenty four years old, drove across country to California from who I was living in Detroit, took an internship, intern for about ten months, and then was brought on full time, so you know, did a little bit of everything in that internship, you know, then had to go get my master's degree while I was working there kind of as a football associate, and then became a certified agent.
Speaker 7: Towards the end of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 6: So it's definitely been a journey, you know, from to be an agent, you know, you have to have a grad degree of some sort. You have to pass the NFLPA certification exam and then from there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's that's basically it. You're able to you.
Speaker 6: Know, recruit and sign players and basically got them through their career.
Speaker 1: Man, that's an interesting journey right there.
Speaker 2: And you talk about you your journey obviously a guy who had to go to class, not like everybody that's on this podcast.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying no names, but.
Speaker 2: Ivy League you turned them down, and you know, you have to go to Notre Dame on a full academic scholarship, and I think Notre Dame, you know you do have to go to class and get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now seeing what you know now, looking at you know, you came into twenty twenty one, and how the landscape has changed in college athletics. You see now with the nil chance for portal and all these agents. You talked about agents gouging kids twenty five percent and whatnot. You know, we're going to get into the house settlement case. But should there be some kind of stipulation as to some with agents in the collegiate level, because in the NFL level, we know you have the past college you don't.
Speaker 7: Right right now, that's that's correct.
Speaker 6: And we saw a lot of people popping up as marketing agents and and uh, college agents when you know, as soon as and IL became a thing, and they may have not ever worked for an agency, they may have not even ever done marketing, but they saw this opportunity to you know, possibly make some money on on these kids who are doing brand deals or you know, sign with these schools. And you know, obviously it's concerning when you know, you hear a player like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 7: Paying an agent twenty twenty five percent and I really don't know what he does, you know.
Speaker 6: And we hooked up when I was this first started and it sounded good and he said he was a marketing agent and you know, said all the right things. But you know, we've seen those stories where you know, if they didn't really get.
Speaker 1: What they.
Speaker 6: I don't know how they do how they regulated at the collegiate level. I think the biggest thing that we've tried to do is is make these schools and make these gms.
Speaker 7: What's going on.
Speaker 6: If we're who says, man, I'm getting charged twenty percent, We're gonna tell the school like, hey, look, this is going on in your own program. I think you should be aware of it, and I think you should be, you know, speaking with your kids or bringing someone who can, not even from an athlete's first perspective, but just from an agent perspective in general, be able to talk what to look for, the dues and don'ts, how to vet agents, how to go through this process and make sure you're not being taken advantage of it, and the families as well. So again, I don't know how you regulate the college level and all these different people that are out there, but if you can at least educate them or educate the schools I think are doing a better job now of being aware of what's going on, that's at least a step forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely step in the right direction, because you know, we're seeing it a lot, you know, Cedric and the test of this, you know, having one son at Stanford and then another at IMG Academy right now, I've just had two at IMG, one at the school down the road, I know, Ship, I mean Notre Dame and Michigan State can't stand some bitches where were my son go to school at and where Cedric is gonna be this next weekend. But look, that's besides the point we're looking at. Like, so when you're when you're seeing all these people out here right now, and where are you seeing the most aggressive schools so to speak, you are communicating with general managers and coaching staffs and all around the country. What do you where do you see h Like, you know this is keep it up, keep it Where is the most I guess where are people putting their money where their mouth is.
Speaker 7: Just like when it was illegal.
Speaker 6: You know, SEC has a lot of money that they're you know, uh willing to build these rosters. But we I think the big name schools with the big time donors, Ohio State, Notre Dame stepped up. We see Texas interesting enough, Texas Tech, you know, like different schools that are there. People are coming bhind them like, look, we want to turn this thing around. So what do you guys need. I know it is a big thing out there with Ohio State, like all they built their roster, but I mean you could do it and they have they have the resources, so I know it's things will change with the you know, house settlement things coming like that, but I know collectors will still be there, still be around, and these big name programs will still be able to you know, attract the top talent.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. What do you think about that's word?
Speaker 3: I mean it paid off, you know. And he mentioned the name Ohio State, Ohio State twenty two million, and let's let's play what if you know we we keep it real on this shows Ohio State twenty two million, twenty twenty five million, Michigan State three.
Speaker 1: D oh, no, man gonna come home, man, little more than that? What we wouldn't have seen?
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, just like what Tramp said, Bill your roster, right, they got they got players, They got a safety all American safety from Alabama that probably costs one between one five and two million, right, we got players from Joe Montana, Joe Montana University. No, I'm just saying, what if right track, we're talking about Bill Rota, Right, Hey, what's that.
Speaker 2: You're talking about? You're talking about Kaylea Downs from.
Speaker 3: Down the safety right who represents Kyle Downs?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure?
Speaker 3: Hmm okay, but whoever he went to Ohio State with add twenty five million. Right, if you look at the roster, trap just say, build your roster. We building out roster with a player from Joe Muntowner University.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: State.
Speaker 3: Oh my bad, I thought it was Joe.
Speaker 2: I never heard.
Speaker 3: So you're right, my my.
Speaker 7: There there's some good players from the schools, some sneaky players.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it is, it is, it is.
Speaker 7: It is tough. It is tough.
Speaker 6: It's uh, could you see, like like you said, I mean, these these schools are just opening opening a bank account for these players. So yeah, it'll be interesting with you know, the settlement and the cap and all that.
Speaker 7: But again, you know collectives are going the way. It will kind of be like a supplement to that.
Speaker 2: Hey look, so swear you keep talking about guys like like you from the small schools. There's a school called Sacramento State and we have a player running back from there by the name Elijah tal Toller. We had them on the show. You remember him, Okay? You know also from the same school, right, remember you know Scataboo from Arizona State, like him? Was he?
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah?
Speaker 7: There, just gotta just gotta find.
Speaker 8: Them catib was all so no, no, no, don't run, don't run all them ask you now waiting Gallabou, Scalli Boo Boo Bobo ran pretty hard, made some plays.
Speaker 3: You know, grid offense, you know good quarterback, you know played they played well. So you're trying to say the running back that we have now from Sacramento University, State of h S b c U. Man, okay, sick, my bad. I thought it was extra stuff. So he's gonna run like Scotti Boo Bobo saying if you don't when we come back on the show, just listen.
Speaker 2: I was at practice. I did not see that much. I didn't see that. I didn see him. He got some speed on him though, you know, you know Scatablu Scotti had a little mike allstarted it. Man, I don't know. He's a little different, little.
Speaker 1: Faster than all. You know for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's like a Day two type of player, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he could. I mean he could fall in that late day too early day three. I mean, he's he's the heck of a player.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: I know he had their program. I'm not sure. I can't remember how he tested, but from what he did, you know, towards the end of the season. I know he caught.
Speaker 6: Some some people's eyes. So and the running back is is it's coming back.
Speaker 3: So now try let me ask you this, and it's funny we have you on the show today. Okay, let's let the cat that bag of the cat that had have it as saying that Lewis should go listen to this, and I think it could happen. What you think should door Sanders? Right, I saw something where he could fall to Pittsburgh at twenty. And I always think it could happen because you think of the Randy More losses of the draft, and you know, you don't know if people want to just say, you know what, middle finger to Dion. But I saw a draft and I looked at the draft play team by team, I'm like, damn that that really could happen. If if Giants taken the guy from Penn State, nobody else need a quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, we still tell our guys. At this point, nothing said, right, it's gonna change now. Teams are finally the protest over there, getting the rooms set up their boards, you know, starting to figure out who they want. And he saw it with the quarterback class a couple of years ago where they thought, you know, Malik Willis and Kenny Pickett and uh mac corrall, they'd all be first round picks and only one of them win the first round. He went to Pittsburgh as well, So anything can happened on that draft day, and one pick can you know, throw off a number of other picks.
Speaker 7: So again, possible, very possible.
Speaker 6: He's a good player for sure, But like you said, if there's teams out there that don't don't need a quarterback or they think he'll be around later, you know they're gonna hang tight.
Speaker 3: So that not throwing the at the comforts thing in the in the in the in the come by, do that? Do that? Do that hurt a person like that? No?
Speaker 7: I mean he was able to do everything at pro Day, which I think is fine.
Speaker 6: Obviously they had a big turnout at prode with him and Travis Hunter, and you know obviously all thirty two teams coming to see those guys.
Speaker 7: Soud. I don't think that that hurt him.
Speaker 2: But you know, to that point, I think there's no way in hell Shadua Sanders is going to fall that far in the draft. For a couple of reasons. The main reason is he's a quarterback in the league where they're paying quarterbacks over fifty million dollars now, so if he happens to be okay, then you have a hell of a discount for a few years taking him in an Olympic. And also, i mean, hell, the intrinsic value of being a damn Sanders. Okay, you got a star value, star power, Jersey sales, filling up the stadium, and that's what owners like to do. Brother, So I don't see that ever being a possibility for him to fall that low because of the those things specifically with us your door. But to your point when you said, you know you have guys like him that are you know, that are able to do the pro day and throwing, like that's something that's sad brought up. If you don't throw. I've seen a lot of guys, you know, and this is speaking to the value of having great representation that decide to do things that they're not good at. And with hell, there's no way you don't know, Like I've seen guys that go and run very slow times and then and they if they didn't run, the discount of value based off of that, he didn't compete versus showing everybody that you slow as hell, slow as a mother.
Speaker 1: You know, like you it's poor management, Am I wrong? Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, I think you're right. I think you know.
Speaker 6: Everything needs to be thought about, everything needs to be calculated. And again, if you know someone's not where they need to be to go put them on uh front stage and show the world that, hey, this is if a team thinks you're slow or or you know, even thinks you're a little bit faster than you are, you.
Speaker 7: You're cool with that.
Speaker 6: Let's you know, let them think that you don't want to go run slower than what they think you are, right, that's just going to hurt you. And you know, so if you can, if you come up with a tweet cammy, whatever it is leading up to the combine, you know we're going to do everything or save it till pro thea give them some more time to train and give us more time to get ready. A lot of these guys play long seasons and maybe they were they were dinged up, but to throw somebody out there to be like, okay, well we just want to check every box and do every event or a drill at the combine when they're not ready. I think, yeah, like you said, that's that's a poor Managers should be case by case and knowing your client and where they're at, and also knowing having the relationships with the teams, with the gms, with the coaches to really get feedback on each of your guys and know, like, all right, what do teams really think of them? What do teams want to see? You know, in what boxes do they need to check? Because if you know there's something we could push to PROTI we're gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: If they need to answer questions that are more film or interview prep, like, we're going to focus on that.
Speaker 6: So you know, having real information on your guys is important too, and just really doing that that groundwork in the background. I think that's the bigger, biggest part of our job, right, you know, not sign a guy and all right, well good luck at comin. We'll see you after training and you know, we'll see you at the draft. It's like, all right, what homework are you doing for your guys every day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and not to throw any spartans under the bus, anybody anybody knows and loves really closely here under the bus. But I'll bring up a guy and said that you know this guy pretty well, right because he played at the U. You know, Restrecto, a guy who ends up being the leading all time receiver in Miami history, goes out and runs a four eight three, and uh, you know when you see something like that, that a guy that could have probably potentially snuck into the first round. You tell me you study the all the time trap. Is this a situation where he may have really hurt himself by running. If he would have not ran, could have could have helped himself a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that one's tough because I even saw, you know, a tweet from him after which you never really know, but where he said he tweaked something and wanted to still fight through it and run. But it's like, you know, you don't know, right, but now you've already put that time out there and that's what it is. So you know, is a team gonna be like, okay, oh he was hurt. They well, this is what we this is what we got on record now. So I think it's one of those ones where again like I'm just gonna do receiver drills, right, I think I'm I'm I'm grading and out of my routes.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm I catch the ball.
Speaker 6: Well, whatever it is that is his skill set, let's just go magnify that versus now you have a kind of a negative mark on your uh you know, draft card.
Speaker 3: He would have played like that, right, even if he do run a ford now, because I think the ford is just bullshit. You gotta think if he if he if he's that slow, what that say about to the dbs that he played against because he was always open?
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: So it's like.
Speaker 3: You understand what I'm saying. Then you get the receivers that ran four to three but didn't have the production that he had. So you know, if Bill Belichick was still here, he was going to the Patriots regardless.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I think I think that's why, you know, we don't put too much weight into.
Speaker 1: The four.
Speaker 6: Right, it's important, you know, but at the end of the day, like who are you as a football player?
Speaker 7: What's your tape?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: And if if teams have questioning your speed and we can check that box, that's great, right, it's not gonna help you. But you know, who are you on the field I think is the biggest chunk that goes into this this process. But then testing is important, right for for whatever reason is it is important to these teams the interview prep process, the board work, and you know what you got up here that's important too, So is a combination. At the end of the day, Like I think, the majority is always going to be what you've done on the field and what's what you have on tape.
Speaker 2: You know, speaking of tape and getting back to the Michigan State side of things, only one player that was invited to the combine, asked Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Kim, the kicker.
Speaker 2: But the pro day went on back in March. I think it was like mid March, March or twelfth. A lot of players were there, a lot of scouts were in town. I believe all the schools were represented, all the teams represented. Excuse me, but you know Nate Carter running back. You know it's a guy from western New York, came in. But he posted ridiculous numbers as a running back running in the four to three level, and I think he put up I think what twenty five reps on the two twenty five ye or the high thirties in the vertical. I mean, he just had a monster day. Now, as you talked about a minute ago, running backs are making a comeback because I think of what say Quad did and Philly. Yeah, yes, So what do you think a guy like that his chance? And you know where do you think he goes in this in this upcoming draft?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 6: I mean it could be could be a late pick, late round pick, you know, especially a guy that has shown athletic ability. You know, whether that's come in as a uh, you know, reserved guy or a teamer to try to make the roster or prefer free agent if he doesn't make it. But like I said, when you you post numbers like that, you're gonna you don't catch the attention of guys, even if it's not to come in and be you know RB one or two or you know super highl in depth chart. But it could be used for your own special teams, you know, across the board for many teams.
Speaker 7: So that's a tough point.
Speaker 6: The running back position itself is tough, and this is a very very deep, you know, running back class. But there's there's no reason a team might not take him as a late pick or at least a preferred free agent.
Speaker 2: You know, I know it hurts said. It's hard to hear how the running back position has been the valued as much as it has been, Like, what do you think it's wherever?
Speaker 1: It's far?
Speaker 3: His performance at Pro Day for Nate Carter. See, that's like the opposite of what we talk about. The receiver from um you know what I mean, didn't test well? Were put on the tape. This kid tests great, but the film.
Speaker 7: Was ah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because if you really think about it, the other running back kind of out played them. You understand what I'm saying, But now you also got to understand these comebine. You get guys that can test well, you know, that can test well, but can't play how they.
Speaker 2: Test If that draft is so high, talk about that, Like, what's the reason that the test they always will override film for testing?
Speaker 1: Seems to be.
Speaker 3: Because you gotta think everybody want to talk about Everybody talks about the forty. Now you get guys. They got a guy that was I don't know, was playing in Black college football or something, come out runner four to nine or something, either this draft or last draft or something like that. Ooh too. But guess what, he couldn't even start on his high school football team. But he was a track guy, duh, but put him on the football field, you know what I'm saying. So it just it's just like that some of these guys that look at the forty because it's just whatever that became in the NFL. But that don't mean you can put you a great football player, you know what I'm saying. You look at a guy like Michael Irvan probably ran four six.
Speaker 1: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I mean, we can name names all the time, you know what I'm saying, but it just, you know, I just I'm just not a big forty guy. I'm not a I'm put on the feelm Let's play football, you know what I mean? That just think that's the key. But you know it just broad like do you really do a broad jump in a fucking football game? Oh that's that's his burst? Play football?
Speaker 7: Yeah, article jump?
Speaker 3: Why the fuck, old lineman do burder? I mean, come on, don why are we doing Burke? Come on?
Speaker 7: No, it's it's it's crazy. I mean we've even talked about things like why don't we have just.
Speaker 6: Our you know, O line or D line running ten or run a twenty get a good tense time on them and there why you have to run a forty.
Speaker 7: You're never gonna run a forty.
Speaker 6: Right, So we're we're in the same boat where like we feel like they have our guys doing necessary unnecessary things.
Speaker 7: That's what we said, Like we we.
Speaker 6: Know it's important, right, We're gonna put as much behind him in training and get him ready.
Speaker 7: But at the end of the day, man put on the tape.
Speaker 3: You know, for example, the kid from the Giants, right he I mean, not the Giants, the kid from Penn State. No combine, I don't think, no pro date, right because it's just food or something like that.
Speaker 7: Yep, put on this tate.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be a top five big for sure. No combine, no pro day, talk about big why the biggest film?
Speaker 7: Dumb?
Speaker 3: So rest bro Rich, bro whatever his name is, like gate that moiev No put on the tape. Me mind said, what are you gonna do to me? I'll be in Miami two weeks.
Speaker 2: So listen, Travis, You guys over at athlete sorts do represent a lot of coaches, a lot of general managers in the NFL level. Right, and then so when you look at these decisions that are made based on numbers, versus the film.
Speaker 1: Is there in your opinion?
Speaker 2: Is there fear amongst the coaching, the people who evaluate saying that, listen, if I if I, if I ride for a guy, if I stand on the table is what they call it, stand on the table for a guy who doesn't have measurables in the combine and all that shit that swerves talking about, then I might lose my job. I got to put a for sale sign in my yard. But if I go with the guy who has all the measurables and his tape might be a little shaky, then I can at least say, hey, look, you know, based on fifty years of metrics, you know this is the educated decision that I chose, and they keep their job.
Speaker 1: Is that? Do you see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean at the end the day, if you make too many wrote those wrong picks and are winning, you're gonna lose your job either way.
Speaker 7: But when you.
Speaker 6: Know, I talk to friends who are scouts, is like, look, you better have done a lot of homework and done your research, and you know, like you said, be able to stand on the table for a guy and justify or pick whichever way it is. And you know, I think the more information, and that's what at the end of the day, this is testing the numbers, the measurables. It's just more information for them. So yeah, it gives them a little bit more ammo to stand on the table and and uh, you know, make a decision for a guy versus all right, well we kind of got this unknown. But again, if the film is the film is just off the charts, you go in there, you do the character background checks. You know, he's a good guy. You're talking to the you know, people in the building at at his college, like you feel good about making those picks. And the new thing too, about with all this technology. I mean, we talked to a number of teams and the pros that are like, look, we put the GPS on these guys.
Speaker 7: We have zero concern about his speed. You know, we don't really need a forty, right, we.
Speaker 6: Haven't met twenty twenty one miles per hour on the field, you know, why do we need to see him run straight line forty? So there are some teams that are a little more advanced, I think, and there are the you know, some of the old school guys that I want to see them line up and you know, we call it the underwear Olympics. Why is this such a big deal. I don't know, but it is. And you know, I get this more information. But at the end of the day, like who can play ball? And if you're able to now track this this GPS and how guys fly around the field, you know that can do the same thing. And like like said, say, we see guys that don't run the best times. But hell of NFL player, right, they know how to play ball. They're instinctual, they're they're smart, they know how to get open or whatever it is. They you know, how to read the offense of their defensive guy. Like that's just one thing. And I don't think you know, a lot of these teams will risk, you know, making the draft from the gout just for the forty. But you start to see him reach, right, you know, we have players that run a four to two as wide receiver, Like all right, well.
Speaker 7: We think we can do something with this. It doesn't always pan out, right.
Speaker 2: You know, you brought up background and character checks without like putting anybody's name out there. What's some of the crazy stuff that you've heard that uh from a character background check from the NFL level that may have hurt someone's stock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, we we've there's a little bit of everything, and it's it's tough, but like you know, background just whether it's how was he in the building, was he did he go to class, did he go to you know, was he doing the extra work in film? I'm trying to think if I've heard a crazy one. I mean, there's some guys that you know, go home and act the fool, and the schools kind of cover it up when they come back. But teams find out all this stuff. Teams are talking to your high school coach. Teams are you know, hearing about what you're doing when you go home on on on a break or winter break or whatever it is. And so we've heard some stuff where I won't say too much for guys, guys get away from the school and it's it's not you know, it's not good. So we try to do the same thing and gather as much information as we can, you know, before we recruit a guy, because at the end of the day, you know, if you're dealing with a guy that's got a ton of red flags, he's not gonna last very long in the league.
Speaker 7: Anyways.
Speaker 2: One of the league, the League does hire private investigators. Let's put that out there for people, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they they they will find out everything We tell our guys that don't don't lie, don't like, they will find out everything about you anything.
Speaker 3: Say that because when I was going through that process, man, they sent something to my middle school. Yeah, and I was like, man, I think I have my teacher's dead man, what do you see? But yeah, going through that process, I think in middle school or elementary or something like that, person told me, hey, man, I got a questionnaire on you whenever when he was going to the drafts. Say wow. Yeah, even when I was coaching high school football, I ended up getting a questionnaire where I had a kid they end up playing for the Falcons and uh team something me a question there on. Yes, of course I lied, But you know, it works out.
Speaker 6: That we try to get as much in too, so just so when we do our interview prep for our guys and get them ready to go sit in those rooms with the gms and head coaches.
Speaker 7: They want to know kind of.
Speaker 6: What to expect, how's it going to be, so it's not their first time, but at the same time letting them know, like, look, they know what's up. You know, if we know something about you, we're going to prep you on you know, how to answer it and how to address it. But don't go in the room line because if they know, you know, they're going to ask you for a reason and they already know the answer to it. But we've heard, you know, guys going there and lie or deny certain things and they're like, look, we heard from his head.
Speaker 7: Coach what happens, So not a good looks. Just go in and on it. But getting these guys prepared for an interview process is.
Speaker 1: Huge, right.
Speaker 2: Mentor once told me he said, the problems don't hurt you, surprises will. So yeah, I need to get out in front of those things in order to have a successful process in the draft. And there's one question here Montory scene. Is there a spot for the dedicated athletic, good character, hunger, humble type of player?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 6: I think when we get to deal with players like that, those are the best kind, you know, like ready to come in work and teams love that too the year all the time?
Speaker 7: Is here is he a guy who loves ball?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Is he gonna come in and study and work and bust his ass? And we don't have to worry about anything off the field. And you know, those guys are always I think gonna gonna rise, especially especially they got the talent, right, Like, if everyth all else equal, the guys are going to take the one who they know is not going to be in the issues versus Okay, we might have some issues in red flags and he might be off our roster in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's serious stuff, man.
Speaker 1: You know, we pivoting a little bit.
Speaker 2: I know we haven't had time time to really cover this, but the household in the case. They did have the hearing yesterday and a lot of things were covered up on the top of mind. Some of the big topics were roster limits. You know, you've been hearing a lot about capping the roster limbs. But Judge Wilkins said that you know that she wasn't really too hot on that. She didn't like the fact that the roster limits were there, especially abruptly, that they may need the grandfather of those things. You know, what is your take on what you saw yesterday? And I know you have a full firm and everybody I legal department and all that.
Speaker 7: So tell us what you think yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously, I know there's a couple uh, you know, minor changes and things that they're they're going to be working through and filing, and then you know, we we still do expect this to be passed within you know, the next month or so. That'll that will kind of change the landscape of how these players get paid in that model, you know, and even talking on the roster limits and some of the details like you know, as a walk on and you know, seeing what kind of uh impact walk ons and you know, people can have on a team. It's it is crazy to just eliminate that and take that away, right. You know, a lot of these guys are our you know, scout team or or have been in the system and can you know, kind of helped the starters or or these young guys come up. So to cut that, you know, abruptly, like you said, it is kind of surprising. So I could see that not not going through. And then in terms of the collectors, I know, some people, you know, questions like are the collectors going to disappear again? We've we've never thought that or saw that. You know, obviously, the revenue share and this cap model is going to be you know, uh or firm of how these guys are getting paid and how their collective deals are.
Speaker 7: Are laid out.
Speaker 6: But we don't, you know, see the collectors just going away at these schools.
Speaker 2: So you're looking at the revenue share model, So there's going to be money that's coming directly from the school to the football team or the basketball team and the resting sport. Then there's still going to be that third party that's out there that's able to give endorsement deals that that's what we heard yesterday. That was a big point of contention for a lot of people.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, that's kind of what we had heard. And now it'll be interesting of what that looks. I know they have they have said, okay, it's a third party or Deloitte gonna now look through all these deals over a certain amount.
Speaker 7: And determine fair market value or is that you know? Can they not do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Is there no way to determine that this is this is wild west or it has been? So how is someone going to come in and say, oh, that's not a fair deal?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: They don't really know the ins and out. So yeah, I don't see the collectors going away.
Speaker 6: I do think it'll be interesting to see how that's kind of governed or if it's continued to operate as is, right, Like, if you have the donors with with the most money and willing to spend on certain sports, they're gonna be able to do so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was an interesting take about Judge Wilton.
Speaker 2: She said, you know, she didn't see that has been something that would be that would pass the anti trust laws, you know, but numbers, You're gonna have a large uh CPA, you know, accounting firm basically putting numbers on the heads of athletes, right, Like who who gave them the ability to tell somebody what their value is at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Last time I checked.
Speaker 2: You know, you are what you negotiate, right, I mean, that's what your value is for sure.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I know you do.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: The other thing, and you know before we get out of here, is that she mentioned collective bargaining. This is something I know in the NFL model you're very familiar with. It's nothing that we've broached really in the college world, let yet. But she talked about that that would be a remedy because you need player representation in order to get continuity, and I think that's what all fans want at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Travis antswerve, look they want they don't like to jumping around.
Speaker 2: I don't think the payment part is the big deal with people as much as the man. You're here in one minute, you're gone the next You're chasing bags all around. So, like, can we get players to be someplace for two years, three years, four years, and if they do leave, there's there some kind of a consequence behind that, like a buyout, similar to what coaches deal with right now. And what happens in the NFL level or pro sport level, in any sport. Is that something that needs to happen. And this is what Judge Wilkins brought up yesterday. She said, I think that collective bargaining is a way to remedy on some of these things, but this case doesn't cover that, so she can't rule on that, right.
Speaker 1: So this is this is just.
Speaker 2: Another step in the right direction in my opinion. So what is your thoughts on that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I think.
Speaker 6: As just continues to go and you know, things get regulated and then you know people feel like, okay, we need to have some sort of system in place, you know, wouldn't be surprised to see something like that and just kind of follow the NFL model, a professional sports model.
Speaker 2: And like, you know, like we.
Speaker 6: Talked about, is that that takes time and a lot goes into that, right when even when you know the NFL PA and you know players Union are negotiating on the CBA and every ten years when they're getting ready to make changes, that and takes a lot of time, and they already have the foundation in blueprints, so to start something from scratch, you know, it could be a while before.
Speaker 7: Something like that is implemented.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, until then, until the we're gonna they're gonna it's gonna be the wild, wild west side here, fellas. You know, I don't know mister one dollar mode swerve you know before we.
Speaker 1: Hey, you don't do this with the figure you're doing this one easy go up there this Friday.
Speaker 3: I know, I got may have to go back again next year. Just give me one dollar more. It's all we act. Just give us one dollar more. That's it.
Speaker 2: You better have some good representation, man, I know a couple of people that you can talk. Hey, trap man, we really appreciate your time. Man, It's been wealth of knowledge for you. Best of luck in the track coming up. You got always ready to come to come out. Man, you know, thank you for coming man, and don't be a stranger. We'll see you soon now.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 9: Definitely be back absolutely you trap all right, all right, all right, Travis Allen, everybody athletes first agency agent is short there NFL baby, you know n I L college.
Speaker 2: High school level coming to your seven on seven teams? Were you heard it here?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 3: Man? You got a thing, man, I give it. Got a lot of respect for that young man.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, to get a scholarship to No the Dame Academic you know, I know by Nord the Dame pars Academic because my son was committed there. Yeah, at the time, nor the Dame was like the number nine academic school in the country and Stanford was number two. So that for that, for that, for Allen to get that you know, scholarship for that and walk on, man, that's that's like you said, that was a great accomplishment in that. So you know you're dealing with a guy that got it all upstairs, you know, Oh yeah, for sure, I'm meant to tell him though we have played against him, and I saw him in the uniform.
Speaker 1: We to bust the ass though. There you go again with that ship.
Speaker 3: The conversation was so smart and it was going that I couldn't get to that part. But I won't let him know. Try you to play it in in that smarting state. We to bust your ass.
Speaker 2: A man, we had a nice run against the today back in the day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, never lost the ruthe never lost the rute.
Speaker 2: Never never. That was a good run, hey man. Final thoughts before we get up out of this work.
Speaker 3: I'm always in it like this because now I'm a coorse like you go white baby.
Speaker 2: All right, man, listen, that'll be it sat the Germ, Jason straight Horn, This is Spiral Mass You everybody have a good night. God bless you all.
Speaker 1: Go greet Go White,