Speaker 1: Okay, we're here, we're here, we're here today. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Kee.
Speaker 2: Rod r.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey guys, we're back. This is us, we are live. It's Wildcard Wednesday. It's where's Chili at Wednesday? I see he's in the Chili Bowl right now. I think he's going to be leaving us today and maybe doing another ticket drop. We'll talk about that. Hey, guys, we gotta pick up from Monday show. We need some fresh fish on the show. That's right, fresh out of Mad Head to head Challenge, two brand new players.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've been waiting your thirty days.
Speaker 1: Let's do it breaking Benjamin Staying, Daughtry tickets coming to.
Speaker 3: You and Holme Room on the fun Fact flashback, we'll find.
Speaker 1: Out where Chili is going to be with all those Rod Ryan shown twenty to anniversary party tickets. We'll find out his exact location at seven oh five this morning. Also in the seven o'clock hour, acl tickets. We got three day passes for the second weekend. We'll give away twentieth anniversary party tickets on air at around A twenty. We got alternative incomes back A chance for you to win one thousand dollars going to the website. I believe this time going to win that money. At nine ten, another two hundred dollars Academy.
Speaker 3: Sports an outdoors gift card on No the.
Speaker 1: Show, No Rain, Sunny Skies, High Up ninety two, Good Morning Testa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: So last night was the first and most likely only vice presidential debate before the November fifth elections. You had Minnesota Tim wells Ohio Senator jd Vance taking the stage, and unlike other debates in recent years, last night's.
Speaker 4: Event was mostly cordial.
Speaker 5: Both candidates were marking that the two actually have a lot in common, but they were both expressing their stances on immigration, the economy, and you know, climate change.
Speaker 4: And they did do it to some attacking on.
Speaker 5: The other party's presidential candidate on those issues.
Speaker 4: But we'll be talking about that this morning. Also, we are still monitoring this death toll.
Speaker 5: It's climb towards two hundred, and there is a desperate search for survivors of the devastation inflicted on the southeast.
Speaker 4: By Hurricane Helen. So that continues.
Speaker 5: Hundreds of rows remain inaccessible in North Carolina and communications are still out for most of the western side of the state.
Speaker 4: So that's something else serious we'll be talking about.
Speaker 5: We were arguing about tipping last week, so why stop?
Speaker 4: Like, why leave it there? A new poll looked at the top people.
Speaker 5: We refuse to tip even if a credit card machine asked us to.
Speaker 4: And number one on that list is.
Speaker 5: You're a mechanic. You're not going to tip. Mechanics. Concession stand workers at sporting events came in close at the top spot, as well fast food employees and any restaurant worker. If you're picking up the food yourself. People definitely have tipping fatigue. Okay, Famous people continue to drop like flies. John Amos passed away on August twenty first, although his death was just announced yesterday. He was eighty four years old. He was the dad on God Times. He also was on the miniserieries Roots and Coming to America.
Speaker 4: And then on Monday, we.
Speaker 5: Lost Ken Page, we lost Frank Fritz from American Pickers, we lost.
Speaker 4: Some sport some sporting icons. You lost Pete Rose Matumbo.
Speaker 5: In there, so lots of people passing away in this past week. Greendy's music has been banned at two radio stations in Las Vegas. Why you asked, well, Billy Joe Armstrong said he hates Las Vegas and he called it the worst s whole in America. He's not happy about his oaklad A's moving there. So yeah, those are Houston's headlights.
Speaker 1: Dake it, Alex.
Speaker 6: The Nastros fellow the Tigers three to one yesterday and gave one of their wild card series that had a rally going in the ninth inning that fell just short. They'll try and avoid elimination today in game two of this best of three series.
Speaker 4: Hunter Brown is going to be in the matter for the Stows.
Speaker 6: If you going up against Detroit's Tyler Holton first pitches at one point thirty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. So it's do or die today. Also just best of three. Yeah, the Wilds. We're talking to Bobby Jokes earlier and it was like, it sucks that you watched like six months of baseball and then it could be over in two days. Yeah, like just wow, and that's it. But they got this today. If they got this is back. Also in the MLP playoffs. Yesterday the Royals, Mets, and Padres all got wins and go up one ozer in their series as well.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: We gotta go full Midtown Hunter.
Speaker 4: Brown, midtown Brown, not downtown Brown.
Speaker 1: Midtown.
Speaker 3: Midtown, very hip, very hip. He's our guy.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get it done today. I feel it, Okay, I feel it all.
Speaker 1: Right, here we go, guys. Obviously a very very busy, busy day. Let's focus on home room. Then we'll put the shine on Chile and the seven and then all the other great things that we've got to do today on the show. I gotta pull question up on the X. I mean we are back big time. We're back, baby, you knew it? Do you want that first phone call? Seven one three, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Shit Pods, Burner eighty four five, The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Well, yeah, obviously we're back. Hi, guys, we are back on live. This is us Hi. Who Yeah, busy, busy, busy show today, guys, really busy today. Much of the same weather. I know we're all like feeling like fall and punkin spice and you want to put on your sweaters, and girls got boots that they want to wear, and all kinds of Yeah, it's not happening, not happening. You got fur, it's not happening. Sunny's guys today. No rain highes up around ninety two, cold front next week. That's what they're saying. We'll see all right, Rocktober second, what do we got for you? We're looking for fresh fish, fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge. Maybe you've been waiting your thirty days, maybe you've never played before.
Speaker 4: Love to get you on the game.
Speaker 1: There's time too, There's time you make a run in October. There's plenty of time to get into the Tournament of Champions. There's only ten Hall of Famers in the tournament as of right now. Short tournament break you Benjamin staying Daughtry tickets. We'll get you in in home room. On the fun Fact flashback, we're gonna go back back back to Monday Show.
Speaker 3: Where's Chili at Wednesday? It is Wednesday.
Speaker 1: We are gonna find out where Chili's at At seven o five.
Speaker 4: He's right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm on Facebook Live. I'm looking at the YouTube live. We're at Rod Ryan's Show. Okay, you can see us right there. Chili's in his little box. He's where he should be. I know he plans on the skatend of here at some point, and he's gonna bring a ton of tickets with him today. Where is he going?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll I'll find out at seven oh five today. Then I told you I've got acl tickets for you. We'll get to those in the seven o'clock hour. We'll give away twenty f anniversary party tickets at eight twenty today on the show. Got another two hundred dollars Academy gift card twenty days celebrating twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show. That'll be on know the show boy, lots of halls who.
Speaker 7: For the first phone call of the day, it was like branding up through Brandon.
Speaker 8: Hey, Good morning Rod Riot's family.
Speaker 4: Good morning Brandon.
Speaker 1: How are you? I am doing good, Rod.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to call in and say thank you. I actually drove in from Austin last week to Katie to the Home Run Dog because I was trying to win tickets because it was my sister's fortieth birthday.
Speaker 1: I remember the story because we were talking. We were talking about that exact same thing at the bar. Yeah, oh yeah, so we were.
Speaker 8: So she lives in Katie and I told her to go out to Onion Creek last week. Turns out, what birthday luck, she did win the tickets, so we will be there next weekend. So great, great kickoff, great, great platefulated birthday present for her. It will also be a good kickoff to our dad. Our dad is turning set five on Saturday, and in a week and a half we're gonna all fly out to Vegas. We're gonna go see the Eagles play the Sphere and stay in Vegas for a few days to celebrate a seventy six. So it'll be a good tickoff for that as well.
Speaker 1: Man, So but go That's okay, first of all, awesome, And I'm gonna be at the Sphere next month too. I'm going to I'm going to that show. I'm super excited. But you insist we're kind of like you were working in tandem to try to win these tickets, so that you knew that you were going to take each other, but you drove in from Austin to Katie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had to play.
Speaker 9: It's my sister's babies.
Speaker 1: That's my baby sister. That's so amazing favorite and her.
Speaker 8: Favorite band of Shine Down. I forgot to mention that. So yeah, this is perfect all around. So I had to call him and say, hey, thank you.
Speaker 3: What's up, Brandy. What's your sister's name?
Speaker 8: Brandy?
Speaker 4: Brandy, Brandon and Brandy.
Speaker 3: We're Brander going to the show.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: That's a great brother and sister combo. And again, happy birthday to Pops. On the Flip, don't worry, we have tickets on air at a twenty chili seven oh five. We find out where chili is at at seven five twenty eventually leaves. He's right there in his box right now.
Speaker 9: Okay, On the.
Speaker 4: Flip Dog, he's in his kennel, big strack.
Speaker 1: It's a chili bowl, the chili bawl. He looks good there all right. On the Flip, got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 7: Bad Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them of the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Shown ninety four or five the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show six seventeen. All right, we got Sunny's guys today, no rain hies up around ninety two.
Speaker 3: Where's Chili at Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Where's here?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're yet Chili.
Speaker 1: Well, he's here, but he is gonna be We're gonna have him out and about Richie said, Listen, listen, listen. This is my third day driving an hour to Houston to try to win tickets from Chili over the past couple of weeks. I'm coming all the way from Lake Jackson. Can I get a hint where he's gonna be? He needs a hint, so he drives in to Houston. Last three weeks, he's been emailing me, uh huh, and just like on a football field, like a free safety, he just floats around Houston. And he's floating around Houston anticipating north side, west side, best side, beast side, has no idea. He's just kind of floating. And then when he hears Chili boom, he books over there. But he's been late every time. He's looking for a clue. I don't know where Chili's going. We can't.
Speaker 4: I don't know where Chili's going.
Speaker 1: Cheat I find out when you find out at seven oh five, I really do, because I can't be trusted with that kind of information. They won't tell me. Oh what's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, the fact that the Astros last game one of the Aoio card series puts us in a pretty serious predicament for their game today.
Speaker 4: They really really really really really really need to win. So we really really really got a cheer for them. Hard do our part. Where your lucky.
Speaker 5: Socks or your lucky pennies we've got to wear.
Speaker 4: To get the Astros dub okay. Also trending. We already talked about this in headlines.
Speaker 5: But John Amos Frank Fritz, they have a million plus searches on Google, so they both passed away. John Amos is from Good Times and Frank Fritz is from American Pickers.
Speaker 4: I like that show American Pickers. Yeah, I know what is it about? Like is it farming? Like I have no idea what the concept? No?
Speaker 1: No, no. They own like an antique shop and what they do so they they're two best friends from like high school and they own the business together. Okay, and they go around and they find dudes that have like all these weird things on their property, like old cars. Okay, maybe there's a barn full of stuff and they've got old Neon signs and okay, so think picking, but not garbage picking, but picking.
Speaker 4: Like antique, antique, fine and gems.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are just people out there that have.
Speaker 4: All of them old barns full of crap. Dude, that's gonna be you.
Speaker 1: And like they they go through it all and stuff. It's pretty awesome. Yeah, he's where, he's like sixty years old. He passed away. And then what's the other trend?
Speaker 5: Just a wild card Wednesday and Chile being out and about in the streets. I mean, I would say those are the trends On ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Last time we played, we had a Hall of Fame moment. Huh, good morning everybody. This is Sean. You're fresh out.
Speaker 10: At bed Head to Head Hall of.
Speaker 2: Fame member number ten for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Hey, this garage looks really nice.
Speaker 2: This is my first time here, and now I just sit and wait for the tournament.
Speaker 1: You make bets on me right now since I'm.
Speaker 2: Coming into the tournament's champions swinging and I'm gonna kick your fitches.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five five Fresh Fish waiting thirty days. Who wants to play we need two new players.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 11: Five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Wild Card Wednesday. Oh, looks like things are making a move. And the Chili bowl, Oh wait is it empty? Don't It just looks like there's moves being made.
Speaker 4: I saw Bobby Jokes. Did you see him? Yeah, I saw him in the hall.
Speaker 1: Looks like Chili is getting ready to make some sort of a move to get on down the road. What road is he going to get on down? I don't know, but I know yesterday when we were off, I posted on Facebook during the day, I said where should we send the Chili with free rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party tickets? Wednesday morning? There was like six hundred and eighty nine responses.
Speaker 4: Oh damn.
Speaker 3: Some people were saying, hey, you know, send him here, send him here, send him here, so.
Speaker 4: You're gonna make everyone really happy.
Speaker 1: But I saw this one. You should send him to Vegas, Cancun. Maybe the Bahamas signed the Chili. That's where Chili suggested that we send.
Speaker 4: Him on that idea. It's international. I looked at that party.
Speaker 6: I was like, right after I even posted, there was like three hundred comments immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was everybody was here here. Send him here, sunny skys today, no rain high ninety two. We'll find out where Chili's at at seven o five today. Of course, out in the plane playing Gray Rapper again. I'm not sending him out in that van's I am not sending him out in an iHeart now a buzz van.
Speaker 4: It's not happening, hang gliding.
Speaker 1: I told you we need to drop him in Navy seal style, you know, just like Guy a chopper or Tom Cruise Mission impossible style, just like on a rope. You should get a Chili hot air balloon Chili jet pack.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we could trust with a jet pack.
Speaker 12: All right, come on, we got a game to play, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 1: See who we got playing today. It looks like Abby got through. Abby.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, good morning Abby.
Speaker 1: How are you you've played the game before?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay? Uh have you had any success? No hall of fame for you right now, but you have you won a couple of.
Speaker 4: Games and the most the shirts I made.
Speaker 1: It is day four, Day four, okay, Abby knows what she's doing.
Speaker 4: Take it on, Martin Martin, Good morning, brother.
Speaker 9: How's it going?
Speaker 3: Brother Martin? Big High School in uh In, New Orleans.
Speaker 4: You're a fresh fish, I am.
Speaker 1: Brother Martin. Never played the game before. Abby's won a couple of games. Here, Bro, all you gotta do is shut out your name and you think you know the answer. Okay, gotcha, I got this for you.
Speaker 4: Come on and get in the boat.
Speaker 9: Fish.
Speaker 1: Come on and get in the boat, fish Fish, Come on and get in the boats.
Speaker 4: Get in the boat's good.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, all right, Abby, same for you. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I have a rod Rade showed T shirts.
Speaker 1: Oh that's gonna look great on these guys, Martin, Brother Martin and Abby. Okay, guys, you're gonna shout out to your name when you think you know that answer.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number one. Listening for Martin, listening for Abby, what vegetable? When you shook an ear of Abby, all I heard was Abby.
Speaker 3: Corn Corn's a correct answer, Martin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard it the full thing.
Speaker 1: You heard. Abbey playing the game by yourself? All right, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Listening for Martin to take a swing here, Abby swinging like a wild woman.
Speaker 3: Question number two?
Speaker 1: What month is it?
Speaker 4: Abby?
Speaker 9: Solo?
Speaker 4: Abby?
Speaker 1: Again? Martin just doesn't feel like playing this morning? Abby?
Speaker 4: Where is the correct answer?
Speaker 1: Bro? Did you call the wrong number? Martin?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I did wrong. I guess the first time?
Speaker 9: Did not?
Speaker 4: The quiet game?
Speaker 1: Hey, all right, well you got that out of your way. Maybe thirty days you call us back and don't ever gee that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then just get it.
Speaker 3: Just you got the jitters out, you'll play again.
Speaker 4: You'll be great next time Martin.
Speaker 1: All right, definitely, definitely, all right, thank you. I appreciate it, Aby, Abby.
Speaker 5: Abby's fast. I think she's played Day four before or lost one?
Speaker 4: Day four?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Abby?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's fast when the other phone's on mute.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying Abby's been close to the hall. I think he wasn't sure there was drobing than him or something.
Speaker 1: He didn't say anything. You want to play tomorrow? Awesome?
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four Bus Sermons.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show with Finger Elevin Sunny skuys today for your wild card Wednesday, which is very soon to be Where's Chili at Wednesday? We'll find out where Chili's location to this secret location where he's going to be blown out a ton of Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. We'll find out where he's going to be at seven o five. Today we got a new champion.
Speaker 12: The Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: This is Abby and I am back in the driver receipt.
Speaker 3: I am your crush out of bed Head to Head Day one champion.
Speaker 4: Join me on six Thursday when I.
Speaker 1: Make it win number two. Yes, nice speech, All right, breaking Benjamin's staying Daughtry tickets coming up.
Speaker 4: But first, it's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart.
Speaker 4: Buddy, your buddy.
Speaker 1: This the fuck. There's some all new fresh fun facts for you guys today. Michelle Pfeiffer hottest catwoman ever anybody hottest cat I mean, Halle Berry was pretty amazing, yeah, but Michelle Pfeiffer, oh man, all the cat women have been all yeah, they're all pretty hot, even like back in the day, like Julie Newmar and I think that's the one.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed with the original one.
Speaker 1: What about Lee Merriweather? Does that sound right? How was that a catwoman?
Speaker 4: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wearing those bras. Looks like two missiles hit him.
Speaker 9: In the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, that's what I love.
Speaker 1: Michelle Pfeiffer one of the hottest cat womans ever. And you still see that that costume that she.
Speaker 3: Wore, it's old.
Speaker 1: I mean it's over twenty it's twenty five years old. Probably she was vacuum sealed into the cat woman costume in Batman Returns. Vacuum sealed and who was.
Speaker 4: The Batman and Batman returns? Clooney? No, that was ooh maybe I'm gonna google it, go ahead. Maybe Ye.
Speaker 1: That still might have been the Michael Keaton years. I always heard that Olivia Newton John too. I think she had mentioned this before she passed. She was sewn into those pants for the final scene in Greece.
Speaker 4: Oh those saw when she turns into slutty Sandy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when she was like the bad girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's like, I soak cious now and I don't stream my hair anymore.
Speaker 1: Wearing those red candies too, Those shoes. Oh, candies, hot a shoe ever?
Speaker 4: Who's Michael Keaton by the way?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: The first self made female millionaire in the United States of America. The first self made female millionaire, a black woman named Madam C. J. Walker, died in nineteen nineteen, shortly after becoming a millionaire selling beauty and hair products specifically designed for black women.
Speaker 4: That is, whoa identify a need make it rich.
Speaker 1: Final fun fact for you today, these are really good. Hurricane Helene, just horrific.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I can't I'm so sad.
Speaker 1: They are now estimating the storms dumped a whopping forty trillion gallons of rain on the US over the past week. So this this estimate ended on Sunday. That's enough to completely fill Lake Tahoe once fill more than sixty million Olympic sized swimming pools, or six hundred and nineteen days of constant water flow over Niagara Falls. Oh my god, I mean that's neat.
Speaker 4: It's devastation over there.
Speaker 1: That is just an unbelievable amount of water. Man, it's the fuck.
Speaker 9: That's to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart, body, It's the Fuck's.
Speaker 2: The day, all right?
Speaker 3: Tell me about some tickets here?
Speaker 1: That you got so breaking.
Speaker 5: Benjamin and State are going to perform with special guests Daughtry Withinsvillion October twenty four, tickets on on aut takingmaster dot com. But I've got to pay for someone if they've got the backpack.
Speaker 4: All right, we gotta go back to Monday Show.
Speaker 1: What m celebrity claims to have been struck by lightning three times?
Speaker 3: No one believes her.
Speaker 1: No one here believes seven one, three, two, one two, five nine four fives. Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. There he is.
Speaker 4: This guy is never struck by lightning.
Speaker 13: I don't think you have h No, I'm too fast for the Lightning's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, how do we do? We gotta go back to yesterday?
Speaker 1: How do we do?
Speaker 4: On Wall Street?
Speaker 13: There weren't any green arrows? The Dow was down one hundred and seventy three points. Kickoff this yeah, kickoff this morning had forty two thousand and fifty six nastack down two hundred and seventy eight to seventeen thousand, nine hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: The benchmark ten.
Speaker 13: Year Treasury trades at a three point seven to six percent, and oil is trading at seventy two dollars thirty five cents of Burrow. Two of the most actives, the big studs Chevron, Boeing and Murk. The big duds Intel, Apple and Microsoft. The economic calendar this morning is all clear. Right now, futures they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm out of here.
Speaker 13: This is Hallin and Manage director Would and Ramon James reported for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on saying Felipe and Augusta and don't get the always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 7: Fimian's expressed are those of Hallland and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Thank come ever, NYT, AS, IBC, I, ARNT Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational services on line. The studs and does are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young ninety four or five Buzz Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: All right, over to the phones.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hello, Hello, hey, good morning for how you doing doing great? Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 9: Victor?
Speaker 1: Him? Victor, welcome to the show. My question today, this celebrity which none of us believe, claims she has been struck by lightning three times? Who is this lion ass?
Speaker 9: The lion ass is Martha Stewart.
Speaker 4: Well, we love her, we just believe her.
Speaker 1: I do like her.
Speaker 4: I adore Marc de Stuart. But you can't be running around saying stuff like this and people be like, Okay, well we like you, so we accept it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come three times once is even a stretch, Victor, you win? What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Victor?
Speaker 5: You're going to see breaking Benjamin Stein and special guest Daughtry because you know the backpack.
Speaker 1: Congrats dud let go, congratulations, my man, Thank you, guys, thank you, thank you. Have a great time at the show. Currently not being played on the radio stations in Las Vegas, but we'll play him here in Houston until they say something bad against us. Here's green Day on the BUZ monning rod Ryan's show. You can read that story on the music blog page. Green Day just said some nasty things. About Las Vegas on how much he hates the Las Vegas radio stations are saying, Hey, that's fine, we don't need to play you on our radio stations here. And I don't know what companies these are or these stations that play them. I don't care.
Speaker 3: That's completely within their right to do.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, he's reacting to the A's moving to Las Vegas because the A's were crumbling, you know, the city was crumbling in Oakland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if some artists out there says that Houston is an s whole, I don't want to play them on this.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't want to play them.
Speaker 1: That happened in Buffalo when John bon Jovi was trying to buy the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that you haven't told me about this situation and I feel like you have the intels.
Speaker 1: Well, he but it was pretty widely known that if he was going to be the guy that bought them, he was going to move into Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: He was going to move the team.
Speaker 4: So that's not going to fly in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: All Buffalo radio stations banned bon Jovi from the air, and bon Jovi hated that he took that personally.
Speaker 4: He had by the Philadelphia Soul of the Arena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he'll never play Buffalo. He hates Buffalo. But meanwhile, you know who's going through some stuff right now, And we never talked about this.
Speaker 3: Story, Macklemore. Have you been keeping up with anything with Macklemore?
Speaker 1: What he's got going on? So he played some pro Palestine event in his hometown of Seattle, and during his set he says, f America in the microphone. Now, wow, that's like saying, don't play me on any radio stations. Now he's been dropped from events coming up. He's got some pr issues right now. You know, I get it.
Speaker 3: Freedom of speech.
Speaker 1: You can say anything you want. Ye, okay, guys.
Speaker 4: What America, America is built on. But stuff like that, I guess.
Speaker 1: People can react however they want. So I'm not saying it's not against Macklemore's freedom of speech. That's not my thing here, And I didn't ban him from things. But he's being dropped and people don't want to touch him right now.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, because you can disagree about a lot of things in this country. But like just the fact that you have the right to disagree, it doesn't play like that.
Speaker 4: All over the world.
Speaker 1: There are consequences to being able to say whatever you want. That's fine, you can say whatever you want, and he did so. Yeah, maclemoor's got himself in some trouble right now. Green Day's not getting played in Vegas. I don't know, crazy rock stars. We got sunny skies today, We've got Chili. We're gonna be out and about somewhere and we're gonna find out.
Speaker 3: It's seven oh five his location.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's close.
Speaker 1: So he's on the road right now. Hi, Chili. I wonder if he's listening to us or is he just got like a Spotify.
Speaker 3: Playlist one.
Speaker 1: Or something.
Speaker 3: Chili, you better be listening because I'm gonna quiz you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna quiz you.
Speaker 4: You're still at work.
Speaker 1: Code word pink flamingo. Okay, that's the code word. When I get Chili on the air, I'm gonna say, before we do anything, what's the code word?
Speaker 3: To prove to see if he's listening.
Speaker 4: Then he should ask some people who want tickets and.
Speaker 3: Nobody tell him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, tell him.
Speaker 1: Don't tell Chile tickets, so they may code word paint flamingo A right, that just to see if he's listening. What is Houston's headlines? Please.
Speaker 5: Rescue teams are still searching for survivors in North Carolina towns that were devastated by flooding from Hurricane Helene. Rod those stats you gave us during the fun facts were astounding. FEMA rescue teams from around the country are helping North Carolina National.
Speaker 4: Guard locate stranded people.
Speaker 5: They're in the flooded mountain towns and in the western part of the state. According to state officials, over five hundred people have had to be rescued so far, and that the National Guard has also delivered over five hundred pallets of food and water to communities that have washed out roads and collapse bridge collapse bridges. You can't even get to these communities that are having to drop in supplies via helicopter. So we're going to continue to monitor that. That's a huge, huge, unprecedented and historic storm that we are going to continue to talk about.
Speaker 1: It was what we were talking about earlier, was forty trillion gallons of rain on the US what Hurricane Helene dumped. Yeah, and that was just on Sunday. They say another trillion may have come after Sunday mainly in Virginia.
Speaker 5: And you can board up all you want, but how do you prepare for something like that? Like there is no preparation for something like that. Water you try to survive. Everything is out the window.
Speaker 3: Water like that is undefeated.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Okay, another story. Did you get an email from listener Heather?
Speaker 4: She's like, are you guys gonna talk about this? Are you gonna mention this at all?
Speaker 3: The strike is huge.
Speaker 5: The strike by the International Longshoreman's Association has entered its second day to day, and it's blocking everything. I'm talking about food shipments, I'm talking about vehicle shipments. This is at ports from Maine all the way down here to Texas. According to analysts, they estimate the strike could cost our economy, the US economy roughly five billion dollars per day. So, yes, how that we are monitoring it and it is this huge deal. We're gonna be talking about it this morning.
Speaker 3: You got all those ships that are just waiting, they can't dock right there ports.
Speaker 4: Strike continues are just coasting out there.
Speaker 1: All the goods we've seen this before, all the goods that we need are sitting on those boats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right for the holiday season. Go figure.
Speaker 5: The chocolate company Ferrero release their twenty twenty four Halloween survey, and they're trying to claim the hot new trend is adults celebrating Halloween.
Speaker 4: That's not really that new.
Speaker 5: They're trying to get a new term trending called adult awen.
Speaker 4: Listen. It's October, so we've got some stats to kick off the spookiest month of the year.
Speaker 5: Sixty nine percent of adults planned to buy Halloween candy even if they.
Speaker 4: Don't expect your compreaders.
Speaker 5: Sixty sixty seven percent of parents will buy extra candy just in case they need it, then secretly.
Speaker 4: Sash them away for themselves.
Speaker 5: Fifty eight percent will decorate their house in some way.
Speaker 4: Forty seven percent.
Speaker 5: Of adults say they like to dress up in costume for their own enjoyment okay, and thirty six percent plan to dress up their pets this year, which I don't think they love, but they do look really cute in their costumes.
Speaker 4: To continue to dress up your dog.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Tony Busby. He is representing women saying, actually, there are claims made by both men and women that date back to nineteen ninety one. What am I talking about I'm talking about Sean P. Ditty Combs. Many of his alleged victims say they were drugged and then I don't even want to say.
Speaker 4: I don't like saying the R word this early in the morning. But they were.
Speaker 5: Being like like P Diddy would promise them a foot in the show biz door, you know, promise them fame and fortune. Tony Busby says that companies who profited by turning a blind eye to Ditty's actions will be named.
Speaker 4: Buzzy says he's going to include banks.
Speaker 5: Pharmaceutical companies, hotels, and even record labels like bad Boy, Universal and Epics.
Speaker 4: So he's saying.
Speaker 5: That, So Tony Buzby basically promising some majored.
Speaker 4: Names will be implicated in this Ditty scan.
Speaker 3: Does jay Z get named?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or no? Because that's the biggest name, that's the biggest name in their pals, He's been at these parties and stuff. Does he get named?
Speaker 4: I think he gets named in some capacity?
Speaker 1: Or does he?
Speaker 4: Is he so powerful? No that he doesn't get named. I don't know if you can take down jay Z. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Bush is celebrating the thirtieth anniversary of their debut album sixteen Stone. They've got a special reissue and a North American tour, So if you don't know, sixteen Soon was released in nineteen ninety four. It was really a breakthrough success success for Bush. It sold over six million copies in the US alone. That's not even overseas.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So they're going to release the siluxe album December sixth of this year. If you have any hardcore Bush fans in your life, something to consider for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Maybe those are Sustin's headlines. Do or Die?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that do or die already it's one game out.
Speaker 6: Early asked to spelled the Tigers three to one yesterday in Game one of their wild card series.
Speaker 4: They had a rally going in the ninth it fell just short.
Speaker 6: I'll try and avoid elimination today in the game two of this best of three series.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it is do or die today.
Speaker 6: Like Rod said, Hunter Brown is going to be in the mount for the shows going up against Detroit. Tyler Holton first pitches at one thirty.
Speaker 4: You can listen to the game.
Speaker 6: On our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Also in the AMLB playoffs, yesterday, the Royal, Mets and Padres all got wins in the first game of those series as well.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports. Do or die? Do die?
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, let's focus. We're Chili.
Speaker 4: No one knows, can't tell you where is Chile.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out where he's at. I think he brought a hundred pair of tickets with him.
Speaker 4: Again, Oh, you're gonna cause mayhem.
Speaker 1: I think he brought a hundred pair.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I'll find out. We'll all find out together where he's at and how many he has. He'll be going Facebook Live, but he'll be coming on the air with us at seven o five to explain exactly where he's at.
Speaker 2: Good luck the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: The Buzz one of my all time favorite STP songs.
Speaker 1: It's plush that's the right version too. Yes, hey, ninety four bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this wild card Wednesday, which we all know has condo into where's Chili at Wednesday? And we're gonna find out in just seconds. I see he's already on Facebook Live. It's so funny. I'm watching him during the song sunny Skies today no rain, highs of around ninety two. I'm not gonna make you wait any long. Girl, Chili is out with Rob Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. He joins me on the phone right now, Good morning Chile. Maybe Oh wait a minute, hope for right?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, we got him, We got him.
Speaker 1: Hi Chili, Hi?
Speaker 14: Rod.
Speaker 9: Do you know that button to test phone? That's where you gotta click?
Speaker 4: Bro, listen, smart ass?
Speaker 9: How are you doing today, sir?
Speaker 1: I was doing great until I got some lip out of you.
Speaker 9: What what?
Speaker 10: I want to know why everybody on earth texting my phone?
Speaker 9: Some pink flamingo word.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, you don't know why they're texting you at Yes, I do know why they're texting me.
Speaker 9: I was listening to Ron Oh I'm a quist room.
Speaker 1: I wonder if when you were driving to your location, I was wondering if you were listening to the bus. All right, hey, we should probably get into your location. Dude, have you been Have you been spotted yet?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 15: Actually, like I've been kind of like looking away when cars go buy. I started like stretching or doing some weird so they probably think I'm doing like some crossfitting or something like that.
Speaker 1: I did see a stretching out your hammies on Facebook Live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I can see you're standing in front of Academy Sports and Outdoors, but you haven't given your location yet, so nobody knows which one you're at.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, so exactly, man, we are right now.
Speaker 10: Get ready for this because I'm on two ninety and Highway six slash nineteen sixty right there at that academy, right there on crossroads. Oh caravan, So make sure y'all come and get I got a one hundred tickets for the twentieth anniversary of Rod Ryan Showe.
Speaker 1: Do you have fifty pair or one hundred pair?
Speaker 9: One pair?
Speaker 1: You have one hundred pairs? Okay, one hundred pair of tickets? Yeah, yeah to the big party which is coming.
Speaker 9: Up, Yes, sir, Yes, sir, I'm sorry I didn't specify. Yeah, one hundred.
Speaker 4: Can you say your location one more time?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 15: In nineteen sixties at the crossroad got the academy.
Speaker 9: I'm right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's in the parking lot. He's so lonely. Nobody has budged him yet. He's just kind of hanging out by himself. I thought the fact that you went early on Facebook Live, I was worried. Oh boy, here they come. But he didn't say the location. So we'll add that to Facebook and then uh, we'll just watch the people start streaming in.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I had it written down on there already, but then I remember the Oh you know.
Speaker 9: What if I go early, let me delete that part.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I fixed it.
Speaker 3: You have some hop out there because you're about to get mobbed.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, man, you know Marvin and the promotions crew is ready. Okay, they're good, They're ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: That's chili comments too far? Yep it I'm at.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 4: Our party is too cool for you.
Speaker 9: Oh crap. We got this guy running like a miniat slow down?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, people, did you see this guy.
Speaker 9: Going in park?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 9: You almost run us over.
Speaker 3: Man, Let's see this guy who is this fast than feary?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: Hold on? What's your name? Talked abroad? Don't say any cars works? Hey, what's up? Ro Bruce?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: I just saw you coming.
Speaker 6: Killed you.
Speaker 3: He came flying in there a million miles an hour.
Speaker 1: You almost took out my man.
Speaker 9: I never thought you'd be you'd always go on the east or south side. I was literally at the gas station at the corner. I'm like fiction to get on two ninety.
Speaker 1: He is not always on the east and south side. He has been up north with one of these hits. You're coming are forgetting that.
Speaker 3: He's been out at multiple locations.
Speaker 1: For this is fourth week, I think out. He's been all over the place. What's your name again?
Speaker 9: Bruce?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bruce, listen, Oh god, dude, we need out here, you guys need Okay, tell everybody to park in the actual lines. The car are everywhere right now.
Speaker 9: There's only two of us so far.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 9: There's two more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: All right, See would give the phone back to Chili.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Yeah, all right, you got the first ticket, Chili. Good luck with everybody out there their maniacs, all right, yeah, first park your car right, all right, there's cars. They're coming in and they're all nosing right into Chili and they're surrounding him.
Speaker 4: Now like you to get bad.
Speaker 1: Use the parking lot as it's laid out with the yeah parking with the painted spaces cars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: This one's gonna be fun. Chili is out. He'll be out there until the one hundred pair of tickets are gone. Watch this all unfold on Facebook at rod Ryan Show, Good Luck Everybody.
Speaker 2: Rock Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on Sonny's Guys today. No rain highs of around ninety two. Well, check in with Chili in a moment. We're trying to get a hold of him right now. He gets very busy out there. Okay, but go ahead. I imagine that's gonna be one of the first trends we have. Everyone's watching Chili on the video. I am locked in on Chili's video and where he's at.
Speaker 4: He's entertaining. I mean, he should do this, even if he's not giving out tickets.
Speaker 5: He should just go live because he's well, don't tell him that ye leave every day.
Speaker 4: He's just a man of the people.
Speaker 5: So Chilla's out at two ninety and nineteen sixty at the Crossroads Academy and when he started the live stream, we had some new just whip in his car. He was the first guy there and then the mass has just started to arrive.
Speaker 4: So we'll check in with him soon.
Speaker 5: He's got one hundred tickets, or he had one hundred pairs of tickets to give away.
Speaker 4: We'll get a number on how many he has left. Did anyone send you this rod? So many people send me this.
Speaker 5: A North Texas man went viral because he bought a signed Taylor Swift guitar for about four thousand dollars and as soon as he got it, he started smatching it with a hammer.
Speaker 1: I have it on the music blog page. I don't think the Taylor Swift autograph was real.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, it'd be worth it'd be worth a lot of money. They'd be worth more than Bourcade and just like smash it.
Speaker 1: Well, now they're reselling it because it's almost kind of more famous now that the guy put a hammer through it because it went viral.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that the tailor. I don't know.
Speaker 1: My guess is that Taylor Swift autograph is bogus?
Speaker 4: You think? Okay? Okay?
Speaker 5: Also, did you see that Ariana Grande did some interview and she took a lie detector test to prove she hadn't had plastic surgery.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at girls.
Speaker 5: Okay, Tom will look at a girl's bog page, which is doing well, as is a wildcard Wednday said, go take a look at those links.
Speaker 4: Now, please give me an update on Chili. If you have the line of.
Speaker 1: People, the line of people is huge out there, chill, good morning, No brand on, bro, you have a massive line out there. Tell everybody your location. Well, I don't know. Do we need to give up the location? You have enough people as less?
Speaker 9: We had seventy one cigrets.
Speaker 1: Left, seventy one left, but there's people in line.
Speaker 3: Hang on a second.
Speaker 1: We got to talk in terms of pairs, not tickets. Pairs of tickets.
Speaker 9: Okay, hold on, let me Marvin. How many we got left right now? Okay, sixty seven pair of tickets?
Speaker 4: But how many people are in line? Chile?
Speaker 3: Do you have that amount of people?
Speaker 9: Too many to count? But yes, it's gonna be there. It's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: So now do you think you have enough people in line that you're done? It's closed.
Speaker 15: I think it's gonna be butterline orderline.
Speaker 9: So if you want to head over to to ninety and nineteen sixty at the Academy and take a chance, come home by this is where we're at.
Speaker 15: You to come and say hi, Okay, if you want, we will be We are right at the borderline of one hundred.
Speaker 1: So he says he's got sixty seven. My guess I'm looking at that line. That's easily sixty people in line. So he might have a couple left, but that line's gonna be closed out, so we'll check.
Speaker 3: In with you again.
Speaker 1: We'll check him out in about three minutes or so. That line is massive at acount of the sports and outdoors right now, right now.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, dude, Well let's get it. Let's get a count on the people, and I'll come back to you in about three minutes. All right, bro, alright, cool, all right, that's chili. Give it away tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth Diniversary Party Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: At Empire upon Empire.
Speaker 1: Before five and the bus hooba stank and crawling in the dark.
Speaker 4: Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Uh.
Speaker 1: Eventually, I'm going to get to these acl I got three day passes to give away coming up, uh in just a moment. But we're kind of kind of trying to keep track of the chili out there. I don't want anybody to be making any sort of a trip that don't need to make, as chili is out again, it's a it's where yet Chili? Wednesday, and Chili has announced where he's at. He's at another academy Sports and Outdoors on two ninety. Good morning Chile, Good morning Rod.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 1: You're the man of the hour, bro. We're just looking for you to win today us when you're shutting this thing down.
Speaker 9: Man, Marvin already shut down the line.
Speaker 10: He said, we already got one hundred people and there's still more.
Speaker 4: People in line.
Speaker 9: Wait, and there aren't coming. So apparently he already contacted the last person and told the rest that they're now getting tickets. So they kind of disappointed, but I guess they're here for the hood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well listen, Oh I see I see somebody there wearing a Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary T shirt.
Speaker 9: She said, that's good, young lady right here.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. All right, So that's it. We're closed out. You gave out a We have enough people in line. Now there's a hundred pair that are spoken for.
Speaker 9: Yes they are, man, they're spoken for it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 10: Last time Marvin mistounted and there was like one extra person that got ticket, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well they want to hang out, it's on them.
Speaker 1: If I'm number one on one, I'm waiting. Yeah, like I was if I was told this is the one hundred pair. If I'm one on one, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going anywhere. It's looses a goose out there. Marvin miscounted once before. Maybe bank on no see him.
Speaker 9: Counting as walking?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, hey that means there might be extras.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, keep the Facebook live feed going. It's so great, dude, You're doing great job walking with everybody out there.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: We are closed out. We have enough people in line right now that that is going to the one hundred pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. They are spoken for. That's it. They are gone. Where is chili at? Wednesday? Is come to a close now, guys, I am going to be out on tomorrow. We missed the day, so all my days are off. I'm going to be out tomorrow. Well you guys never come up north. Yeah, we do fifty one thirty one to task a seed a road. Okay, I'm going to be at Porky's. I have fifty of tickets. This is really one of your last chances to get your hands on tickets. All right, so everyone up north, here is your chance. This is an all ages event. It is Porky's backyard like it's the food truck in a bar. I'll be there. They've got all kinds of food trucks out there. Fine, it looks really, really fun. It really does look like a great time. I'll be there seven until nine tomorrow night. Fifty pair of tickets fifty one thirty one a Tasca Scena Road. We're heading to Humble with rod Ryan Show twenty five verse three party tickets. Keep it here coming up. I'm gonna get you an acl Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Show mornings on ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The bus thirty Seconds to Mars and the Kill rod Ryan Show one.
Speaker 3: Of my favorite things to watch.
Speaker 1: On on Instagram reels, and Jared Leto does a great job of it. When he sees somebody out there, like some kid just in his bedroom and he's singing along to a thirty seconds to Mars song. Uh huh, Jared will do a split screen and I've seen other artists do this before, Uh huh. But no, no, no, he's just listening to the kid and showing his reaction to listening to him and encouraging him and giving the thumbs up and letting the kid do the singing. Jacoby's done this a couple of times with a few of their songs at Pappa Roach. But Jared does it. He's done it a bunch where he's just grabbing some YouTube video and recognizing somebody that number one as a fan and somebody that really has some unbelievable talent. That stuff's not easy to sing. As matter of fact, I think Jared's having a hard time singing that stuff right now. That's hard to sing. But yeah, some of these young people that are just out there. It's cool when an artist, you know, just is trying to I don't know that these people are trying to quote unquote make it or whatever, but then what a break to have your video scene by the person that you're doing their song and then them putting that out there on their own social media. It's pretty awesome. You should follow thirty seconds to Mars. They are a good follow for sure. Stunny skies today, no rain high of ninety two. That's it. Chili is out where yet? Chili Wednesday he is out. He was on two ninety and nineteen sixty at the Academy Sports and Outdoors and one hundred pair of tickets. The line, I mean, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: I'll just say, you guys are absolutely incredible. Thank you for showing up all the time. And I get it.
Speaker 1: If he wasn't on your side of town, I understand it. I mentioned that I'm going to be going up north. I'll be in Umble on Thursday night with Rob Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. You can join me at Porky's seven to nine. It's all ages, so family friendly. I'll probably have the kid. I don't think she's got school on Friday, so i'll have the kid out there, so seven to nine, I'll have fifty pair of tickets with me. Porky's on a task to seat a road in Umble.
Speaker 9: All right, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Oh the shutouts is slow Fast Andrew. He's been out to both of my events now. He was out at Katie when I was out there. He was just at Onion Creek. Brought the whole family out there. Slow Fast Andrew trying to win tickets. He just sent me an email and I'm happy. He's like, dude, Cara Lee just texted me or emailed me late last night. I was her winner for the twentieth anniversary party tickets from last Wednesdays. He goes, I'm going to the show. Still get to party with y'all at Porky's tomorrow night. I can't wait, slow fast Andrew, that's good man, that is awesome. Today Today's National Kale Day.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I can't wait to Celemry.
Speaker 1: Can I put this in my other category with boysters. Nobody likes it. People just pretend they like it. Okay, Now, one person out there likes kale.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen.
Speaker 5: Raw kale is abrasive in a salad, it takes extra time to chew, but I will say done right. In a soup, including potato soup, which I know you like, it can be very delicious. But well cooked, raw uncooked kale is almost It's almost undigestible for me.
Speaker 1: I've tried. I've had it in an oven where it was like crispy.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: They tried to make kale chips and there was so much crap on it.
Speaker 4: It just it was no longer healthy.
Speaker 1: Put it that way, okay, chip, I got into fights with people about oysters. I don't think any of you love raw oysters. I don't believe it. I don't believe that you like I'm not saying that you don't like horse radish. You like that it's a vehicle for things that you put on it. Nobody likes raw oysters. You like telling people that you like raw oysters, and you like bragging about it, and you love taking pictures of you.
Speaker 5: I do like bragging about the oysters that I eat. Like if I get a seafood tower and I'm like the oysters amazing.
Speaker 1: I think that you want to make people want to announce when they're about to slurp one. They want everyone to know that they're eating them. I don't think anyone likes raw oysters. I'm gonna put kale in there, and I'm going to add a new one just to piss you off even more. Nobody likes caviar. You like brag.
Speaker 3: You like bragging that you're eating caviar.
Speaker 1: You like you cannot take you you cannot eat caviar without instagramming it. You just you have to show the world that you're eating caviar. It's a brag. It's just the food itself is a brag.
Speaker 4: So again if I made brag. I was at a.
Speaker 5: Cotton Club event and the Conon Club does really fancy parties and they had an it's it's it's.
Speaker 4: Like a group, it's a company here in Houston, and they have a tent to.
Speaker 5: Cook off and it's like the fancy tent where the McNair go. Let's talk about that. Talk about the caviar that they had there. I at first, I love caviar. It's it's like creamy.
Speaker 4: It's delicious, it tastes like the ocean.
Speaker 3: Its wonderful.
Speaker 4: Rot I went. I didn't want to, like, you know, because I'm new at the party. I'm like, let me have the caviar, go back for a little bit more.
Speaker 5: By the time I had a couple of drinks in me, I had eaten all of their caviar. I embarrassed myself because it's so.
Speaker 4: Good and it's so extensive, so when it's free, you have to eat it. It's delicious.
Speaker 1: It's like telling me that macha is good.
Speaker 4: I like, nobody like I love. I love a maa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course it's good for you. I'm sure it is.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Give me a cup of hot grass clippings.
Speaker 4: Just kidding. I don't like grass clippings. I don't. It's like dust.
Speaker 1: I have now four foods that I think you're all lying that you like. Now I have four heavy National Kale Day the biggest purchaser. You remember this on a fun fact? Who bought Who purchased the most kale in America? Twenty years ago? Five years ago?
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: It's such a random fact.
Speaker 1: Pizza Hut they lined their salad bars with it and threw it away. It was in between all the little circular like containers for the salad bar, and it was they covered up the ice with kale.
Speaker 3: They purchased more kale than anyone.
Speaker 4: It went in the garbage afterwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, but then, once upon a time, my grandma used to tell me that chicken wings went in the garbage. Chicken wings were never a thing until Buffalo. They put them out at the bar and that you know, they use these things that they were, they were scraps. They threw them away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're grateful.
Speaker 3: So all right, Kale Day, get out of here with your kale.
Speaker 1: You don't like it, you don't like it. I don't believe you. Let's give away some of these ACL passes. What do you got, Okay?
Speaker 5: I have three day weekend a pair of three day weekend passes to the second weekend of ACL. So it's October eleventh through the thirteenth, and Austin flinkin eighty two on this Christapleton's or Simpson so many more.
Speaker 1: Looking for caller ten seven, one, three, two, nine, four, five Houston's Rocking Alternative The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. On any other morning show, and I mean any other morning show.
Speaker 3: This would be the key giveaway.
Speaker 1: This is a sick giveaway that we have right.
Speaker 4: Now, pretty huge.
Speaker 3: And it's like getting lost in the shuffle with all the other things that.
Speaker 4: Are going on around here.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Hello, Well, Hello, who's this money?
Speaker 11: Roll?
Speaker 1: Roll your color number ten? Dude, you got an amazing prize right now, an amazing prize.
Speaker 3: Tell them all about it, dude.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a pair of three.
Speaker 5: Day weekend passes the second weekend of ACL. Okay, it's gonna be huge. October eleventh through the thirteenth in Austin.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, great.
Speaker 1: Any other morning show in America they're talking about this ticket giveaway all morning. That's all they're talking about, Like what a huge thing it is. We're like, oh yeah, ho hum roll. Have a great weekend, all right, dude, awesome, man, awesome, Thank you very much, Thank you, Bro. I appreciate you being a part of the show today. Hang on for me, Raoul acl go to aclfestival dot com. There are still.
Speaker 4: Tickets available for Link one eighty two.
Speaker 3: Chris Stapleton, Come on, we're gonna work on Houston Headlines next.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's Lincoln Park or five the Buzz, ninety four five the Bus. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show with Lincoln Park. I've got Rob Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets to give away on air today. We'll get to those at eight twenty. You've heard Alternative Income is back. Chance to get in on a thousand dollars that's coming away around nine to ten. And then we got to get back at it with Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 3: Thank you for well, we just got to go there.
Speaker 4: Did really get provision?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Did you just pop up? But they are they've been a sponsor.
Speaker 1: So I think they did okay at us using and using their parking lots to give away these to do these ticket giveaways.
Speaker 3: I mean we didn't do it the whole time.
Speaker 1: Chili was in a couple of hb's too a while ago, right or no, he's in Walmart parking lots, right, the first couple.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, if.
Speaker 1: We do one more, where is Chili at Wednesday? It would be one week from today and then that's it. There is no more. The party is next Saturday. Already, I'm talking about the twenty f aniversary party at Carbock Brewery, Shine Down, Sublime, Blue October, theory of a Dead Man X season. Now local favorites Rosie all doing unplugged acoustic sets. I'm going to be at Porky's backyard out in Umble. Hope you guys aren't coming up north? Are coming up north tomorrow night? He joined me.
Speaker 3: Fifty one thirty one a task, a seat, a road in Humble.
Speaker 1: I'll be there seven to nine with fifty pair of tickets to give away. All right, here's Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: So last night there was a debate, and it was the first and most likely only vice presidential debate before the November fifth election.
Speaker 1: I hate myself for watching it. I hate myself at because I said, nobody cares what the VP say. That's not what you're voting for.
Speaker 5: It was on in the background. I'd stopped in and play seet some Tacos, and like there was some part of me that like, you couldn't hear it, and I was like kind of wish the contains were on, but I'm not gonna ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I watched aboutty minutes of it.
Speaker 4: It's the VP debate, Come.
Speaker 1: On, I want to watch it.
Speaker 6: When they do like the NFL does where they put it on Nickelodeon for kids, and then just like slim when they score touchdowns, like do that and whenever somebody makes it a good point or gets muted, just slim them.
Speaker 4: Slimb the candidate right, not in.
Speaker 6: Real life, but on TV like that would make it more entertaining, and soonge Bob can explain, like what bills are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get kids involved, yeah, okay, sick burn you get slimmed.
Speaker 5: So both candidates express their stances on immigration, the economy, climate change, all that, and I just find it so interesting how tightly polled these guys are like, how close they are in the polls because CBS News surveyed the voters nationwide asking like.
Speaker 4: Hey, who do you think one? Who do you think one?
Speaker 5: And forty two percent of those surveys had Advance won the debate, and forty one percent said Walls walked away the winner.
Speaker 4: And you know the other remaining numbers didn't care. So there is close. So it's close. So that's what you're in.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Helene, because the depth toll has climbed towards two hundred.
Speaker 4: The desperate search for survivors of the.
Speaker 5: Devastation inflicted on the southeast by Hurricane Helene has continued. There are hundreds of roads that remain inaccessible in North Carolina. There are communications communications are still out for most of the western side of North Carolina. Of the one hundred and sixty two confirmed dead as of last night, seventy seven were in North Carolina. That is a number that they say are expecting to rise. Rescuers have been working to get into.
Speaker 4: The cutoff areas of the state.
Speaker 5: And I believe last night President Joe Biden or it was Monday night, he said, God willing, they're alive, but there is no way to contact these people that are missing. All right, let's switch gears here a new poll look to add to the top people we refuse to tip, even if a credit card machine asked us to do so. Most Americans wouldn't tip a mechanic because they're seen as professionals who already make a good wage and they charge a lot. So eighty two percent of people pulled to I would never tip a mechanic. Eighteen percent said they might.
Speaker 6: You pay them out they have like hourly wages, dan't they isn't that? It's like the cost of neighbor is this many per hour? It always says that on the thing. It's like, I'm not you already cost me stuff. I'm not tipping you.
Speaker 5: The thing about me and a mechanic, and I feel like, okay, like they could tell me this is the problem. There's no way for me to go and verify that, you know what I mean? Like, okay, I trust you you're the car person. Fix it, Hey get one thousand dollars. Okay, I had I had Stanley Steamer at the house.
Speaker 4: Oh, how was that?
Speaker 3: They were great?
Speaker 4: Did you tip them? Did they ask for a tip?
Speaker 3: They did?
Speaker 1: And I gave him cash. I gave him twenty five bucks apiece. Hold on, they did my money bag, rob, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean tip those guys like they're I think the.
Speaker 1: Guy like did my pillows. He's like, hey man, I'll just you know, I'll spray this stuff on your pillows. He saw it. He made it seem like I was getting a deal. He made it seem like he was my guy. You know, like I got an inside guy on Stanley Steamer.
Speaker 4: I did you steam?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm sorry. I gave him twenty dollars a piece. I didn't have fives. I gave him twenty bucks apiece.
Speaker 4: I didn't tip my movers, and I know you're supposed to tip your movers. Oh yeah, they took way longer.
Speaker 5: I had taken out extra money and I ended up having to give them all the money because it took a really long time.
Speaker 1: I have never come close. I've moved a lot, I've had movers a lot. Whatever they say it's gonna take, it takes double.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They had to order a whole second truck for me once. I'm like, how did you miss that one? They needed another truck. I'm talking about a huge ad wheeler they needed another one.
Speaker 5: There you go. Okay on the let's talk about on the flip side. Because people say they always tip like food delivery drivers, uber drivers, Instaccart and bartenders.
Speaker 4: Those are people who always get tipped. Famous people are dropping like flies.
Speaker 5: John Amos passed away, although his death he passed away August twenty first, although his death was just announced yesterday.
Speaker 4: He was eighty four. He was best known as James Evans, who.
Speaker 5: Is a dad on Good Times, which is a sitcom from the seventies. He also was the weatherman Gordy Howard on the Mary Tyler Moore Shore a More Show. And then Frank Fritz from American Pickers also died this week.
Speaker 4: He was only sixty. And then we.
Speaker 5: Also lost Ken Page, a Broadway actor best known as the voice of the villain Oogie Boogie in The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Speaker 3: And then we weren't here.
Speaker 4: Pete Rose passed away, and yeah, death of the year. Who's gotten Who's got it? This year? I don't know Toby Keith this year. I would say Toby Keith has to be Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Green Day's music has banned in two Las Vegas radio stations so far after Billi Jo Armstrong called the city a shole. At a recent show, he commented on his team, the Oakland A's moving to Las Vegas, and he says he hates Las Vegas and it's the worst s hole in America. So now hosts are mad and they are not playing his music.
Speaker 4: Those are fustent headlines. Take it, Alex.
Speaker 6: The Astros fell on the Tigers three to one yesterday in Game one of their wild Card series. They had a rally going in the ninth inning that fell just short. They're gonna try and avoid elimination today in Game two of this Best If three series. Hunter Brown is going to be in the man for the Show is going up against Detroit and Tyler Holton. Every time I've said a nickname for him, they lost, and I'm not gonna be responsible for that.
Speaker 4: He don't say Midtown. I'm not gonna say his name is Punter Brown. You can call him whatever you'd like.
Speaker 6: It's not gonna be my fault, all right, guys, first pitches at one thirty.
Speaker 4: You can listen to the game.
Speaker 6: On our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Also in the NBA playoffs, yesterday, the Royals, Mets, and padres All got wins in game one of those series as well. That is what's going on in sports, all right, Rock and alternative to The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz all right ninety four or five Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Play part of the show.
Speaker 1: Peo put at eight oh seven right now, Sunny Sky's no rain highs up around ninety two. Congratulations to everybody that went out and found the Chile and saw him today. I mean he just shut down that Facebook live feed. I don't know, not even about twenty minutes ago. He was out there still talking with people and hanging out. He doesn't want to come into the office today. He wants to hang out there with the peeps. Right, So, yeah, he gave me one hundred pair of tickets. Again, what the hell insane?
Speaker 4: In like less than twenty thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, less than twenty minutes. I mean it probably was quicker than that. They just couldn't get around.
Speaker 9: There's it's not.
Speaker 1: Like we have an army of people out there. We have him and marketing and maybe one other kid, and they're just trying to count the people in line and figure out how many tickets they have while getting their information, and Chili's trying to juggle knives and carry on a dog and pony show on Facebook Live. It's fun to watch man, that's for sure. The video still lives though you can see Chili if you missed him. He's funny working with the people and stuff that's on our Facebook page. I will have a pair of tickets coming up for you in just a little bit to the twentieth anniversary party. Love Street Music Festival is the day after at the Carbock Brewery, full week out on a weekend for them.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a crazy, crazy.
Speaker 1: Weekend for them. You can buy tickets to the Love Street Music Festival carbok Brewing dot com. Still cannot buy tickets to our show. You have to win your way in all right? Reading this article and I guess it just comes with the age old question do you want to know how long you got? Scientists have developed a simple new test that might be able to tell you how long you'll live. They say, we all should know this. Lifestyle factors like stress, smoking, alcohol, sleep, diet, these things all affect your lifespan and they get imprinted in your genes. So now there's a cheek age swab test they say it's the most accurate thing they've ever come up with.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been able to do blood work and they can give you like a roundabout, you know, rough estimate. Yeah, but the swabbing of the cheek they say that, and this is really really big for a lot of people. Some people need to know, like, hey, how long do I go? They've got things going on. This cheek age. It works better than the blood samples, and they say it's pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know?
Speaker 4: Sure, just tell me you do.
Speaker 5: When I can peace out that I can go spend all my money in Vegas.
Speaker 4: For can you ad any crimes if I don't have that long last?
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's listen, I don't think this thing is gonna be perfect. Will we come up with something By the time London gets older, she's gonna be able to spit in an AI computer, or she's gonna be able to spit on some piece of plastic, put it in a machine, and they're gonna spit out the date that she's gonna die and what she's gonna die of. You know, they'll probably have that. I still think they're guessing. But they say this thing's really accurate. Can you imagine sitting around waiting to hear the number.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I don't know that I would do it. I don't know that I would do it.
Speaker 5: But is it one of those things where they give you the number and if it's super young, they tell you why and maybe you could work to improve on those areas or is this like a final thing.
Speaker 4: Like no, it's gone at fifty nine fatty to night.
Speaker 6: We'll also give you the number that you can get hit by a car the next day, and then yes, the numbers wrong.
Speaker 1: Getting back to your thing, I mean, we know that people that have smoked their whole lives, you can regenerate healthy lungs. You know, if you quit smoking, some of you, you know, some of you get to a point where it's like, okay, those things are toast. But I think a lot of people you quit smoking and you don't smoke for the last thirty years of your life, you know, and you lived eighty, I think you can have some pretty I think you can regenerate some healthy ones.
Speaker 4: So the body is amazing.
Speaker 1: That's why there are changes that you can make. So that would be a huge thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would like that I would like to know the things that are killing me.
Speaker 4: I feel like I kind of know.
Speaker 5: But like it's definitely alcohol. I don't my sleep schedule. Like these are the things.
Speaker 4: That will be my undoing.
Speaker 1: I mean, just like they said, stress, smoking, alcohol, sleep, diet, those are some of the most important things that dictate your life span. Tasting men, how many of you? How many of you just went oop that one sucks? Ooh, I suck on that one. Ooh, that one's terrible. Okay, if you're checking off most of those in the bad column, then there is time to make a change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, switch it up buttercups.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. If you talk to your doc sure about this, I don't know. I mean, I'll run it by my guy. He always rolls his eyes. He's like brother Rod. A doctor calls me brother Rod, Brother Rod. Don't worry about it. I'll let you know. I'll keep you posted. He doesn't like any of this new fangled stuff. The guy that still puts his finger in my rear end and everyone that emails me says, dude, you can check that with the blood work. I tell him that every time.
Speaker 4: It's like, don't you want to be sure, he goes. I don't like this. I don't like doing it.
Speaker 1: Ron all right.
Speaker 3: It's called cheek age, which is as it's as simple as.
Speaker 1: A mouth swab to estimate your lifespan based on your lifestyle factors. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm really most things I'm pretty decided on.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want to do this.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, box.
Speaker 5: Would It probably cost a million dollars to get that test done. I would like something affordable to tell me what's fun?
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on, hang on that cheek swab. I'm gonna throw it out there. It's five hundred dollars to find out when you're gonna die? Is it too much?
Speaker 4: It's five hundred dollars right now currently?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, two fifty. I got a half off sale on cheek swabs. I got a half off sale. It's two fifty to figure out how long your life span is?
Speaker 9: Best?
Speaker 4: How you do is on sale? Dude, I need that full body scan. I want that full body does that work that's not covered on insurance.
Speaker 1: I went and got a bunch of heart things done because I wanted to know what's going on. I wanted to get ahead of it, so I did that the full body scan. Didn't do the full body scan. I think that became popular because that Kardashian mom said something on her show. Of course everybody ran out and did it.
Speaker 4: They were like, oh my god, it caught christ Jinner. This is so real.
Speaker 1: I wanted every picture and everything and stress test on my heart because I started really thinking about it.
Speaker 4: I started really thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got all that stuff done.
Speaker 1: The guy goes, you're fine, I'm big.
Speaker 4: I want that. You know, my birthday is coming up, so maybe that's will be my gift to myself.
Speaker 1: Treat yourself.
Speaker 4: Treat yourself. Can't do a body scan, man, things have changed, all right? Well, listen, set a bottle service, do a body scan.
Speaker 3: It's called cheek age.
Speaker 9: Good luck.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show SI.
Speaker 4: A back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: All right, I got the ticket you've been waiting for coming up in just a moment. Sit tight for that. We'll get you into the anniversary show. Some guy was asking, like, there's seats. No, it's going to be a standing situation out there. I don't think. Got the big beer garden there, and you know they got places to go. You'd be able to pop a squad and be able to sit down somewhere, But no, it's not a seating situation there at the brewery for the party. So maybe if he's got that question, someone else does. Sonny's Guys Today, No rain Hive around ninety two.
Speaker 3: What's trending?
Speaker 5: So SNL Over the Weekend had a new episode and Moo Dang was played by Bowen right, is it bo Yang? And it was so freaking funny. Also, travel Rome was the music musical guest.
Speaker 4: Was there some sort of.
Speaker 5: Controversy about the Moodang snl skit because Forbes seems to think so, I saw the skit. I thought it was really funny. So yeah, that's one of the one of the things trending. Also, if you go over to the Look at a Girls' blog page, which is very popular today, Britney spears a magician.
Speaker 1: Why why just one of her weird spasy dances.
Speaker 4: I get.
Speaker 5: I like that she disabled comments, so it's like you can think whatever you want to think, but there's no way you can say what you think on my page.
Speaker 4: I think that's great.
Speaker 1: That style of dance is still just just not duplicated anywhere in the world. She's just doing something that no one else can do, no one else can attempt. It's just it's her. It's such a signature thing, her weird dancing.
Speaker 5: Also on three Things You Must See, you put the TikTok trend of decorating inside of the toilet bowl gel stamps. You can make your toilet look really pretty. Congratulations, that's a trending. On ninety per five Buzz.
Speaker 3: I mean that's if you just need to decorate every square inch of your.
Speaker 4: Homes right when more is more, not less is more.
Speaker 1: Every piece of your home has to be the signature you. When you start thinking about decorating the inside of the toilet, you may have a decorating problem.
Speaker 5: Tickets, Oh yeah, I've got some pair of passes to the Rod Ryan Show, the twentieth anniversary party. All those people in the comments that couldn't get to that side of town.
Speaker 4: This would be your time to call seven one three two one two.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four five Mobby Jokes still holding down the phones. He's looking for color number.
Speaker 4: Ten right now.
Speaker 1: Red Hot Chili Peppers ninety four five The Buzz Give Me Go ninety four or five The Buzz. That album just turned thirty two years old.
Speaker 4: That makes me Wellieve.
Speaker 1: September twenty fourth, nineteen ninety one, Alex, where are you?
Speaker 4: How old are you?
Speaker 1: September twenty fourth, nineteen ninety one. Two, you're two years old? Yeah, that album comes out on the twenty fourth, You're two years old. Oh yeah. Nirvana's never Mind comes out on the same day. Okay, nineteen ninety one. So those albums thirty two years old. And then it's also thought of, and this is just a little music nerd stuff for you, it's thought of as the greatest forty day stretch ever. Okay, in forty days you.
Speaker 4: Had those two.
Speaker 1: No, there's a ton of other things that came out that are very significant. But when you look at that forty days starting there, Metallica put out the black album, Guns N' Roses put out Use Your Illusion one and two. Soundgarden's Bad motor Finger was supposed to come out on the same day as the Chili Peppers and Nirvana. That was the one without shined on it. That one got pushed back a little bit. Oh yeah, and Pearl Jams ten I mean insane in forty days, I'm riding okay, like this is this is great, This is amazing.
Speaker 4: So it's always going to be.
Speaker 3: I thought it would never end, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And obviously that music still lives, it's still viable, it's still very, very important. Those are some of the biggest albums of all time. That Metallica Black Albums one of the biggest albums of all time. Nineteen ninety one was just unbelievable. That forty day stretch, when if I was to read off to you the other albums that came out, you would be like, you gotta be kidding me. There were like ten albums a week coming out, and a lot of that stuff is still huge to this day.
Speaker 4: It's like, you don't realize how spoiled you are. Hindsight, Yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 1: When you're in the salad days, the salad days are over and then you go, oh, yeah, those are the salad days.
Speaker 4: Called the salad dice.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I use it all the time.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what it means.
Speaker 5: The sound in fact, the salad years, the solaid a delicious, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what it means. Welcome to October Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Of course, our fundraising goes to breast cancer research. The money stays right here goes to m d Anderson our team of doctors. Guys, if you can help us out, oh, I would greatly appreciate it. The rod Ryan Show Cares online store. It's up and running boom. You can do some shopping in there, or you can just drop a little donation. You got a little extra coin. I get it. Times are tough. I understand. Okay, milk, eggs and bread costs a million dollars and I'm asking you for money. I am asking you for money, So I'd love for you to go into the store. Please get a little something for your money. Get one of our new t shirts. You're all invited to the Boobs Rock Car Show on Saturday morning. We're all going to be out there, all the hot rods and crazy cars. I love this thing, man, and it looks like we have really good weather for it. Again in all ages situation, Am I bringing some tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentith anniversary party? Well, if that's what it takes to get you there, then I'm going to bring some Okay, if that's what it takes.
Speaker 4: Sean already asked.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, you know, can we do something maybe like a fifty to fifty raffle and maybe do some giveaways while we're there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll bring some.
Speaker 1: Tickets with me and we're gonna be at Mankhuso Harley Davidson, not far from where Chili was this morning, I believe, as a matter of fact, is that close.
Speaker 3: I think they share a parking lot.
Speaker 1: I think you can like drive there's a little driveway between the two where Chile was at that academy. That's where we're going to be for the Bloodrock Car Show. So yeah, because I know people spill over. I'm not recommending you park there, but I know people spill over to the academy.
Speaker 4: Alex.
Speaker 5: Remember we actedly like we showed up at the same time, so we were like looking at cars and they're like, hey, you guys should start the raffle.
Speaker 4: And then it turned into we were just like we had to sell all these raffle tickets and then we're just bullying. Yeah, we were like, give us forty dollars right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a fun, fun event, and it's a great way for us to raise some real money for the rod Ryan Showkers Foundation. All that money will go, like I said to MD, and then the golf tournament's coming up. So those are huge things that are in October. Here we are October second. Major League Baseball playoffs. Everyone knows that they started yesterday. Astros have to win today, have to win. It's a best of three series on this wildcard business.
Speaker 4: Jeez and Rice, it's too much pressure to lose.
Speaker 3: One game and say, yeah, lose today and.
Speaker 1: You're out right good pressure to it for Game one of the World Series is set for October twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: NHL preseason going on right now.
Speaker 4: There's some games. Yeah, Red Wings beat the Penguins yesterday and to brag that was pre sig.
Speaker 1: The first two games this weekend will be in the Czech Republic. The NHL game Okay, NBA doesn't start until the twenty second Joker this Friday.
Speaker 3: It's no Joker Lands this Friday. Did I send you Alex?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 1: Saturday night. It's the Early Days of SNL. That's a movie that's going to be in theaters. The people that they got to play, Chevy Chase and John Belushi. Think about that very first cast, Gilda Radner. They really look good. I'm surprised though it's a theater movie. The early days of Saturday Night Live. That comes out on the eleventh. Tom Hardy returns as Venom. Venom's Last Dances out October twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: They're gonna do that, I mean the.
Speaker 3: First Did they just make a sequel to everything?
Speaker 4: Or did they do really well? It's a superhero anything. They have to make one hundred of.
Speaker 1: Them, all right.
Speaker 3: Love Is Blind is on tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, thank you, abb NETFLX.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta watch this abb and Elementary. Is it just the funniest thing in the world.
Speaker 6: See a couple episodes of it October nine. It's kind of funny. Okay, It's like like The Office.
Speaker 1: That School, That and the Bear are always up for the comedy awards, you know, when it comes to television awards.
Speaker 4: It's more of a comedy than the Bear.
Speaker 1: Okay. Season four of American Horror Stories will start on the fifteenth. Kim Kardashian has been invited back to be a mat that's not looking at girls today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently she's pretty good at that. I mean, I don't know, I haven't watched it. Can I do show any lines? But I think so.
Speaker 1: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony We live on Disney Plus October nineteenth, listen as a music heat as I am, I don't watch this thing live takes forever. Who wants to hear all fifty members of the East Street Band saying thank you?
Speaker 4: Am you know what I mean? Like I don't watch that?
Speaker 1: Okay. Inductees this year share Mary Jay, Dave Matthews, Foreigner, Peter Frampton. Ozzy goes in cool in the gang a tribe called Quest. You're asking, what do you mean? Ozzie's going in. He's in for Black Sabbath, but he's going in as a solo artist. And then the Big One's Rashashana, which I believe starts tonight. Hell ya, okay, jam Kapor on the eleventh Columbus Day? Do we still do that? On the fourteenth, I'm.
Speaker 4: An Indigenous Person's Day myself. Halloween on the thirty first.
Speaker 5: Can I make one recommendation since we're talking about watching stuff. Yeah, there's a new documentary on Netflix called Jailbreak, which I know you like. Jail Break, Love on the run and typical story. You know, female corrections officer working in the jail starts.
Speaker 4: To get a little flirty with one of the inmtes.
Speaker 3: This sounds like Dana Mora do Danny Mora That?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, it's very similar.
Speaker 5: But they have all she got a burner phone and they have all of their recordings, like so they're playing that throughout.
Speaker 4: And then they have all the footage from the jail because there's cameras in the jail. Dude. It's so crazy good, so.
Speaker 1: Many things I want to watch.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 1: Not at the time.
Speaker 4: It's a love story. Well, you know me.
Speaker 1: I'm a sucker for a good love story.
Speaker 3: Hey, did we give away the twenty anniversary party?
Speaker 1: Seconds? Oh god, I'm running out of time. Good morning, who is this?
Speaker 4: Quickly there, amir?
Speaker 3: Your color number ten?
Speaker 1: Congratulations Fighters ninety four five the Bus still my favorite band, in my favorite song, food Fighters in ever long. I kind of got caught there, wow, before before the food Fighters hit, I'm just you know, having a good old time on the radio chat talking about albums when they were released nineteen ninety one, talking about.
Speaker 3: The Salad Years, and everybody's sending me.
Speaker 1: What that means. I think we're using it correctly. That just means like a care free time in your life. It might be Shakespearean, Ah, the Salad Years. So we were using it correctly when I talked about nineteen ninety one when all of those albums were coming out Blood Sugar, Sex, Magic, Chili Peppers and the Black Album from Metallica and ten from Pearl Jam and Bad motor Finger and Nirvana, never mind all those albums, that forty day stretch that was my salad. Those those are my salad days. Those forty days when all those albums came out, as are some of my favorite albums of all time. So we're talking about everything under the sun. I hit the song because you're I feel like you're kind of wrapping up with your documentary or whatever, your prison break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, show is the jail break, and I'm hitting the.
Speaker 1: Food fighters, okay, and you're talking talking, and then the whole time we're talking about albums and salad and everything else, I don't notice that the phone is on hold. You get done. There's ten seconds, there's about maybe I'm guessing. Now there's about ten seconds left in Everlong's intro, and I gotta give away a pair of tickets. I get the guy on the phone. You win Boom post Hit the Post was hit Baby, Chad mc rod best Hit the Post ever? Micah ha ha. You managed to take a call award tickets, say the band radio station so fast to hit the post. Good job everybody. Yeah, that was probably the sickest hit the post of all time.
Speaker 3: If I have to say so myself, I got caught.
Speaker 1: I got caught. You have no idea the panic when I saw that phone blinking that dude's on hold. We haven't congratulated it because it's for twentyth anniversary tickets.
Speaker 3: If I wouldn't have done it, Everybody's like, did you give away the tickets?
Speaker 4: I would have got keep calling?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, somehow, some way, even though this show is loose as a goose, somehow, we still pull it off.
Speaker 4: All right, fake it till you make it?
Speaker 1: All right, quick break. We're probably gonna have to get into Houston's headlines after this.
Speaker 2: Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back to what now? Is just back to Wildcar Wednesday. We know where Chili was Wednesday. I mean that was he's back to By the way, he just came back with no treat Uh yeah, no treatless treatless. I wasn't even gonna bring it up. But you, since you did well treatless treat you think he would like stop off like one of these times and maybe just you know, let's grab a macaroon somewhere for us or something people even one for us to even split. We could share it, a croissant, a something breakfast burrito, even if it was one, even if it's something that he was snacking on and then he didn't quite finish.
Speaker 3: It, he could have offered that to last over chips.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're shut out.
Speaker 1: I think it's four weeks he's been out and he's not brought any treats back with him. Sunny skies today, no rain five ninety two. Good thing I've packed the lunch that first Wednesday. I didn't thinking he was going to bring us something. I learned my lesson quick on that I think, all right, let's go into let's get after it. What are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Rescue teams are still searching for survivors in North Carolina towns devastated by flooding from Hurricane Helene. Fima Rescue teams from around the country are trying to help the North Carolina National Guard locate stranded people in the flooded mountain towns also in the western part.
Speaker 4: Of the state. State officials say over.
Speaker 5: Five hundred people have been rescued so far, and that the National Guard has also delivered over five hundred pallets of food and water to communities with washed out roads and collapsed bridges. The strike by the International Longshoreman's Association has entered its second day today, and it's blocking everything from food shipments to vehicle shipments. They're all just sitting there, docked at ports from Maine all the way to Texas. Analysts estimate that this strike could cost the US economy roughly five billion dollars per day. It's October, so here come the Halloween polls. The chocolate company Ferrero released their twenty twenty four Halloween survey and they're trying to claim the hot new trend is adult Celebrating Halloween doesn't seem very new. They're trying to get a new term trending called adult awen.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, I mean, this isn't new. TikTokers just want to invent things, and I understand that. I guess I understand this.
Speaker 5: You guys see that this is a TikToker, This is the chocolate company Byrero.
Speaker 1: Well, but where do they want this? Where do they want adult awen to go on TikTok?
Speaker 4: They want it.
Speaker 1: They wanted to trend, so I don't doubt. I think more adults do party on Halloween than they did in the past. I mean, my dad never dressed up. My dad never dressed up for Halloween. I don't think my dad knew what Halloween was. It was working all the time. It's like, what's all this extra candy doing here? Why is kid so hyper? I don't think my dad knew what that holiday was. Yeah, so maybe parents do it bigger now and get involved more. But saying that it's new, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's totally not hey, but you know what, I did find a stat The average amount of money people planned to spend on Halloween this year is around two hundred and seventy seven dollars. That's according to a new survey.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'll smoke that.
Speaker 5: Another one hundred and twenty people are suing Diddy for sexual assault, sex trafficking, and other crimes.
Speaker 4: Tony Buzby will be representing them.
Speaker 5: And he claims both men and women These claims date back to nineteen ninety one, and the alleged victims say they were drugged and then raped after being promised a foot in the show biz door.
Speaker 4: Buzby also said that companies.
Speaker 5: Who profited from turning a blind eye to Ditty's actions will be named. He says banks, pharmaceutical companies, hotels, and even record labels.
Speaker 4: He claims a lot.
Speaker 5: Of famous people are caught up on this, and he says many dirty secrets will be revealed.
Speaker 4: The names will shock you. Those are his words.
Speaker 1: I saw Elon Musk put out a post and it said who in the entertainment industry has known about this forever? Just throwing it out there. People were at parties where these things were happening. Tons of famous people were there. They knew what was going on.
Speaker 6: Was there also like a part of the party where it's like this is the party. You can hang out at the party and then like, oh, also like this back room, this is where the crazy stuff's going down, and like you could go under the guys like oh yeah, I want to go to Danti's house.
Speaker 4: I think they spiked the drinks.
Speaker 5: I think it would be like going to a party, and he put stuff in the drinks and didn't tell people right, and so everyone is so all of a sudden, very loose and things are happening and like, but there.
Speaker 1: Were people that were not drugged that were watching the drugged, people that are well known that were invited to that what you're talking about, that that privileged area to watch the freak off? Okay, so big names were back there. There is video, they have video, they have names. Wow do we find out?
Speaker 4: I don't them.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk about Bush because they're celebrating the thirtieth anniversary of their debut album, sixteen Stone. There's gonna do a special reissue. They're doing a North American tour. This was an album that was released in nineteen ninety four and was a huge breakthrough success for Bush. It sold over six million copies in the United States alone. So there's gonna be a deluxe edition of the album. It's going to be released December sixth. Those are Houston's headline.
Speaker 4: Hello Alex, Hello Rod.
Speaker 1: The do or die situation really snuck up on me, Like, yeah, we lost yesterday and now you're telling me that if we lose today, the season's over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, play one hundred and sixty two games, and you can get rid of all of that in two games if you don't play well. Sure, Acids did follow the Tigers three to one yesterday in game one of their wildcard series.
Speaker 4: They had a rally going in.
Speaker 6: The ninth It felt just short. They're gonna try and avoid elimination today in game two of the best of three series, Yeah, there was I think they had guys on base in the bottom of the ninth any the final hour looked like it was a base hit and they just snagged it and you could hear everybody's excitement and then just immediately like, oh damn, I did see that.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a brand new thing. Has this Wildcard?
Speaker 4: The Masters have never had to play in.
Speaker 6: This wildcard Okay, they usually are the first or second seed. The first two seeds get a bye and then.
Speaker 1: So I'm not used to this whole three game series, right, wow, all right, is.
Speaker 6: The lowest Lasses have been seeded in like six seven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's aggressive.
Speaker 6: They did a one game playoff with the Yankees back when that was a thing, and then they added another wildcard team, all right, and that's how they kind of played it. But this is the first time they're playing this format. Hunter Brown is gonna be on the mount for the shows today. He's gonna be going up against Detroit's Tyler Holton first pitches at one thirty this afternoon. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety Also in the MLB playoffs, yesterday the Royals, Mets, and Padres got wins in Game one of those series. That is what's going on in sports Clostro Game three.
Speaker 2: All right, Rock and Altar very soon.
Speaker 3: The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: I'm six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five the boys, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, nine o'clock hour, Wow, nine oh five.
Speaker 4: Guys, that's quick.
Speaker 1: Got a chance to get some after some alternative income chance at one thousand dollars is coming up.
Speaker 4: Just like, Oh, this was Chili, Jilly.
Speaker 3: Welcome home, Welcome back, Bro, It's good to be back.
Speaker 1: Good to have you back, dude. I appreciate that it looked like a pretty wild scene out there today as you did your one hundred.
Speaker 3: Pair of ticket giveaway and we're chilly at Wednesday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what, it was pretty awesome.
Speaker 10: My You know, each week gets better and better and better, so you know, there was a lot of listeners that stayed, like I mean, about twenty stayed after we told them they weren't getting tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was watching you. I mean you were done giving away tickets or we already told the line the line had cut off. I heard from the person that was number three. That means they were number one oh three. I heard from one o four because they were hoping that you guys had miscounted. Apparently you've done that in the past where you thought the cutoff was here, but then you had one or two pair left. So they were just kind of hanging in there, and uh, you know they get it. You know, if you were there later one hundred, you know we're not giving away one hundred and two pair of tickets. We're giving away one hundred pair of ticket, which is a ton.
Speaker 17: That's a lot. It's reckless, I'll say it. All right, all right, good to have you back, bro bangerd off out there. I'm gonna be at Porky's for those people that have bitching that were not coming up north.
Speaker 1: I'm coming up north. If this place ain't packed, I'll tell you what, I'll probably come to the North again. I don't want to say anything. I don't want to get myself in trouble like the guys in Green Day. I'd like to be allowed up north. You know, I'm going to be an humble fifty one to thirty one a task a Seeda Road. It's Porky's backyard and uh, this is where they have all the food trucks come in. And everyone that goes to this place says, that's very cool. Man, Porky's backyard food truck and bar. So yeah, it's cool. They have like seventeen food trucks that pull up to this thing.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 1: Families, everybody's in. I'm bringing the kid. Yeah, this is gonna be fun. So I'm there tomorrow night seven till nine. I'm telling you nine. I got the kid. I got to work in the morning. I got Miss Christina coming in the morning because the kid doesn't have school on Friday.
Speaker 4: They don't have school on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some like fall, just Thursday and Friday off. And I don't think it's all of hisd happens to be her school. I don't know if everyone does. But she's got some yeah, some teacher day in fall situation pumpkin patch. Yeah, you know, and then I get it. You know, until you have a kid, when a school is canceled or closed, it is absolute scramble time time. So I knew about this like a week out. At least it wasn't on the HISD calendar. But then I got my one of my ten.
Speaker 4: Apps for the school.
Speaker 1: I got ten things I gotta follow.
Speaker 4: You read those I had a kid, I probably wouldn't read them.
Speaker 1: I got the classroom Ninja, I got parents Square, I got the school app.
Speaker 3: I got the Instagram account for just a I can't keep up.
Speaker 1: I can't keep up.
Speaker 4: You're doing great.
Speaker 1: Thanks, you don't feel like it when you're doing it? Do not?
Speaker 3: You feel like you're taking.
Speaker 4: L's yeah, hitting your aft kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, yeah, you know, she needed to bring some macaroni today. Damn it, my kid doesn't have the macaroni to make the macaroni necklace.
Speaker 4: You know, all right, she's gonna come back with a string.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Marie Condo?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course. She was like that spark joy.
Speaker 1: She was the one that would help you declutter, and I think her catchphrase was does it spark joy? Does it bring you joy? When it comes time to getting rid of items in your house. Somebody sent this to me. Okay, I am not a hoarder. I have a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: I have cool stuff, I have a lot of I have a lot.
Speaker 3: Of stuff, and I do have clutter. But I'm not a hoarder.
Speaker 4: You're like a order light.
Speaker 1: Not yet, So someone had sent this to me. Of course it's on TikTok. A woman with ADHD heard about it from her therapist. She has trouble organizing, and it's supposed to make it easier to let stuff go. Maybe so instead of asking yourself and picking it up because it's easy everything. If you do want all that stuff in your house and your hoarding all that stuff, you think it does bring you joy, right, especially if.
Speaker 5: You'r EHG, you're like, oh I love that, Like I have a thousand Astro shirts?
Speaker 4: Why I love the Astros? Why would I not have a thousand?
Speaker 1: So now the technique is pick something up in your hands, pretend there's poop on on it, Visualize stop the poop that is on the item, and ask yourself, if that's real poop, would you throw it away or would you wash it off?
Speaker 6: Job.
Speaker 4: This is especially for you did you write this?
Speaker 1: I have a Craig Visio signed baseball covered in poop?
Speaker 4: Do I wipe the poop off? Or do I just throw that ball away?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? What if it it pooped on the side that Craig didn't sign it, throw it away? You throw it away because it's got poop on it.
Speaker 4: Not messing with it.
Speaker 5: I thought you were supposed to thank it, like okay, like I love you, thank you shirt, but goodbye.
Speaker 1: Well, imagine, let's talk. This is so this is the poop rule. So it's just another These are all just different ways of trying to get things decluttered at your place.
Speaker 4: Stop buying stuff, Testau.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about your dog, you know, takes a doochie on something that you love. Are you wiping it off?
Speaker 3: You're like, okay, that's a sign that.
Speaker 4: That's time to go. I like the poop thing.
Speaker 1: I might try it.
Speaker 4: It's like my daughter's clothing. I'm just like, that's throw it away. It's a cycle.
Speaker 3: It be a millionaire over there.
Speaker 4: We got a lot of clothes given to you know what.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 6: This is myld deer, a six month old clothes. Everybody has a million of them.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that your kid could go a month wearing Giants gear and never repeat.
Speaker 4: Maybe not a full month, but definitely a solid week. Yeah, it changed like three times a day.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It is amazing. Everybody sees something, Oh, this would be perfect for your kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I love it.
Speaker 4: I don't have to buy clothes, and that's been super nice.
Speaker 1: And then you got to put the kid in and take a picture and then send it to the person that gave it to you.
Speaker 4: Of course, it's a racket.
Speaker 6: Somebody this weekend a bunch of baby clothes. They were like, we'll go through this, pick whatever you can. Like, I don't want to seem rude, but like I already have way too many clothes. I appreciate the all right, it is a racket. Rod the poop roll, Okay, it's just a new thing.
Speaker 1: It's just a new way of asking yourself if you want to keep it or not.
Speaker 14: Ninety four five The Buzz has your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Grand, that's Grand. Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars in Alternative Income from ninety four to five, The Buzz, Houston's Rocket.
Speaker 2: Alternatives and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Yeah, we still have not giving away the two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Optaors gift card. We'll have that for you on know the show right now Alex Online. It's Alix Online ninety four five The Buzz bro When you're doing the pumpkin carbon too early.
Speaker 4: Halloween, right, Halleen, you do away? That's always my mail at in Halloween to do this, and then.
Speaker 6: I right before for we shoot fireworks or fireworks fails, and then we decorated Christmas tree the last day before Christmas.
Speaker 3: When does Slapping Kirk come back?
Speaker 1: I feel like Slapped in Kirk is the best time a couple of times a year just because so fine, what do you have to do today day?
Speaker 4: Well, it's called actor age and you're.
Speaker 6: Gonna be given a photo of an actor from a specific role that they were in and have to guess with age they were. So how old was Robert Downey Junior when he first played Iron Man in two thousand and eight. Was he thirty eight, thirty nine, forty one or forty three thirty eight thirty eight thirty nine. It's like forty three really forty three kind of starks A rich guy, I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta be old rich. Okay, was it a streamer or nothing like that? So for you?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 6: How old was Jamie Lee Curtis when she played Lorie Strode in nineteen seventy eight?
Speaker 4: Oh, Hary stroden Is from folloween Halloween?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she was Halloween seventeen.
Speaker 4: Seventeen, nineteen twenty three or seventeen.
Speaker 1: The usually older than they are on TV are than the show nineteen she was nineteen years old.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go check it out to see if you can guess these actors ages at in these specific roles at the World Minnis Rodryans Show page.
Speaker 4: At the Buzz dot com believe.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show Fun ninety four or five, The Buzz ny.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show wild Card Wednesday is our number one link today. I see that that's good looking at girls blog page doing very very well as a food blog page up today. I want to talk about that in a second, studdy skies, no rain, ninety two will be the hot. We're nineties all week. Okay, we're never leaving the nineties. Okay, it's gonna be Christmas Eve. I'm gonna be talking about ninety degree temperatures out there. I'm convinced of it. Okay. Sorry, none of you are ever, ever, ever going to wear a sweater again in Houston, Texas.
Speaker 4: Older you're in the studio in May season full block like now.
Speaker 1: Bold prediction. Okay, that means I'm not wearing pantalones the rest of the year. Okay, I'm wearing my shorts for the rest of the year.
Speaker 4: That's it. Well, it's something we have to look forward to.
Speaker 1: Yep, you've got my knobby knees coming at you right till January. I told you tomorrow night, I'm gonna be at this place. It's my first time there. I'm really excited. I love going to like a new place that I've never been before. Porky's Backyard food truck and bar, talking about task a Seedar Road. It's in Humble, Okay. That's north. Okay, it's like northeast.
Speaker 4: It's north. Okay, guys, come up, you're coming to Minnesota.
Speaker 9: I know that's.
Speaker 4: Why are just neglecting Chema fifty pairs of tickets.
Speaker 1: I'll have those with me on site between seven and nine o'clock. Dawn had asked me, is it dog friendly? And I got an answer for you. It is dog friendly. Just people just can't seem to leave those dogs at home.
Speaker 4: Just love those old babies. I leave you at home all the time. It would be mayhem if you tried to bring Voo out there, who's.
Speaker 1: Not good with people, and I can't bring my I'm telling you, I wish I had one of those dogs you could just bring everywhere socialites.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. She's a weirdo.
Speaker 4: My dog's air.
Speaker 6: Weird, like in a spot where it's not a dog one hundred percent place where it's.
Speaker 4: Like you just got to take care of him all the time. I watch him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was when when Dinah was leaving and then she, you know, was doing this whole trek around the country. Yeah, which didn't work.
Speaker 4: She she did some. She cracked a little. She couldn't pull the trailer with her, so she ditched the trailers and she wanted to take Barney decision.
Speaker 1: Then she obviously wanted Barney with her on the road, and I just told her because this was already when she said, hey, listen, I'm gonna move on.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do some other things.
Speaker 1: And everything was great. And then she told me about her plans of, you know, just driving around the country and just keeping a journal of your thoughts whatever. I'm like, do you know how to pull a trailer?
Speaker 9: Did you do anything?
Speaker 1: Is there math and involved? Like does your little forebanger, your little four cylinder? Is that gonna pull a trailer up a hill? Do you plan on going any places where there are hills? Like?
Speaker 4: None of that was fought out, all right, definitely had hills.
Speaker 1: And the other thing was when you're with a dog, there's no just going into a coffee shop for a half hour and grabbing a snack and you have your dog.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be at any coffee shop doesn't let the dog in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then you're limiting where you're going, Okay.
Speaker 6: I don't like to take wheezy places, like into places with me, like the like the grocery store is not gonna take I'm not taking my dog. But like when the weather was like not as hot, like I'd love taking Wheezy in the car. And it's like you crack the window for a second, you run in, like I like that, but now it's like too hot to take your dog with you in the car.
Speaker 4: Where were we going with this? Oh?
Speaker 1: Dogs, dogs are allowed. The porky porky dogs are allowed, okay, wild Hey, the State Fair of Texas is going on right now. Yeah, they're debuting mustard beer. Anybody, you just made it. You just made a fart face.
Speaker 4: I mean with a hot dog. I'd like, sure, but take.
Speaker 5: A bite of a glizzy, drink some of the mustard beer. I mean sure, I'll try anything once, but it's not something I'm gonna put on my main ordering menu.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: When some of you like beer heads, you try to like push some of these things on me, and you're like, you know, oh yeah, I'm getting notes of chocolate and blah blah blah, you'r ass hurts. Okay, I'm not getting any notes. Okay, I'm getting notes of tar. That's it. Okay, chocolate stout. Come to find out you can't taste the chocolate, Okay, you just have to will it to your taste buds and hopefully you'll try to just pretend that there's that tastes like chocolate. This sounds like it is mustard forward. They flat out said that they they are putting a gallon of mustard for every twelve gallons of beer.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a pretty strong ratio, twelve to one mix. Thank you, Thank you, Big fractions.
Speaker 1: Guy Martin House Brewing brought their mustard beer to the fair, and uh, more than just traces and notes.
Speaker 4: I think it's mustard forward. Remember the pickle beer that was like pickle juice, sour pickle juice. That was too much for me. I was very pickled forward. Did you say it was too much? It was?
Speaker 1: Could you drink two of those?
Speaker 5: It was aggressive and you'd have to mellow it out, like you can put it in a Michelanta, maybe put.
Speaker 4: Another light beer in it. But like just slamming those cans of pickle beers.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even finish one can. It was so pickle juicy.
Speaker 4: It was very pickle juicy. That's how you would describe it.
Speaker 1: I like mustard. I don't know if I want to mix my mustard and my beer.
Speaker 6: I think that this is like the a State Bear is the perfect place like this I give you, Like here, let's let's get a mustard beer. We can all take a sip of it would be a pretzel.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be good, it has to be interesting. And that's exactly what it is. That's exactly what it is. So you're gonna get people that I'll try it, yeah, and you sip it.
Speaker 4: It tastes like as you give it. Everybody you try, all your.
Speaker 1: Friends get to taste it, and then boom, they got to say a lot of you. Five point five percent alcohol by volume, limited release. Local company. Don't know if they're gonna make it anymore. Texas State Fair has it. That's on the food blog page today. Taco Bell was just voted the quickest fast food drive through for the second.
Speaker 9: Year in a row.
Speaker 5: That's not very close to going there yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's like faster than anything in the world. But they're busier but still I got better.
Speaker 6: They can be twelve lines around the place and like you're still gonna get done before you get done.
Speaker 4: At Sonic is the Taco Bells stuff.
Speaker 1: Is the Taco Bell stuff so easy to make that makes it quick. I don't know these I don't know the answers to these questions two years in a row.
Speaker 4: Quickest fast food drive through like beans, meat, and cheese.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Taco Bell is first, KFC is second, followed by Arby's Duncan as my friends like to call it Dunkey up North. I hate it. And Wendy's Chick fil A's not even in there. And I know they got the kids out there with with the laptops.
Speaker 4: He's a direct on traffic tablating.
Speaker 3: Does anyone else put kids outside with tablets?
Speaker 4: No, only one that's broken. You can't trust these other kids. You can't trust an Arby's kids.
Speaker 6: They like with the tablet they have like the guy with the tablet, he gets your Then the guy it's like five five lines down. It's like, yo, don't worry, just get to this side. They tell you they're checking in on you.
Speaker 4: And then there's two lines and they're like, you're behind the white man. You go here, you are here. They're so precise.
Speaker 1: Lots of interesting things today on the food blog page. Look for the Mustard beer and click there.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, Corn b Help, You're off to a great start to your day. I am thank you guys for joining us. You guys make my morning every morning. No rain to worry about today, sunny skies, highs up around ninety two. We're looking like we've got a pretty good party on our hands. People are telling me that this Orkie's place is awesome and humble tomorrow. So everybody up north, I'm including all of you, this is your chance to get in on some of these tickets. Fifty pair of tickets. Hang on a second, Hang on a second. Is Chili still here, Louis, Yeah, there is. Listen, and even I think even that wing nut that you put on the phone with me today, the first guy that almost ran you over to win tickets. Yeah, and you were. You were on two ninety and Highway six and Highway six that's right by. Hey, listen, the cross the car show's right next.
Speaker 9: Door, right yeah, okay, right next door to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know where you were this morning. Now, I don't know what's going on. I don't know what goes on around here. Chili's just like, hey, I'm leaving. Hey, man, I'm leaving. I got Bobby jokes here. I'll see you guys later.
Speaker 9: Hey, as long as I've got my shift cover.
Speaker 4: I'm good, bro.
Speaker 1: You were you did a ticket hit which was north of where we are. Yes, you just you were inside the beltway, but you were still north.
Speaker 4: Now I was outside the boat.
Speaker 1: Jeesus, Rice, what why the outrage for people up there? They want you to go to their house in Conroe. They want you to be in the driveway. They're like, listen, okay, i want you in my front yard Lake Conroe. I'll fix you guys some treats. I want you doing it from here, guys. Yeah, we're hitting these major arteries.
Speaker 4: Chili was up there.
Speaker 10: They you gotta understand that I got to be able to get there within forty five minutes with traffic during the morning. Yeah, I cannot get to Conroe in forty five minutes. It's gonna take me about an hour and a half to get to Conro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's taking I've already mapped it out. But I mapped it out. So I pick up the kid at six, I'm gonna be there. It's fifty eight minutes to get to the Sporky's place at six o'clock and when I'm leaving, so at six to get I'm gonna be there right at seven. I want to have any mentioned. Okay, I'm gonna be there right at seven and then boom, sure I'll get you guys all signed up and do all of that. But it's an hour away on a school night.
Speaker 4: What about the people that have work at night.
Speaker 1: Rod, Yeah, I know what shift? Dude? Yeah? What about the wow shift? And then somebody said, well, are you gonna are you gonna do something like inside the Loop Road?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was just it on your creek on Saturday. I was just in the heights that's inside the Loop.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't want to work for me because I don't work on the weekends, but it doesn't work for me.
Speaker 4: To hear that you're gonna make my eye twitch. These complaints make my eye twitch. It just makes me happy that people want to go to this though.
Speaker 6: That's really cool because you just don't care.
Speaker 5: It's but the people that are personally victimized by the spots that we choose.
Speaker 1: We've been We've been on the West side, I want them. We've been on the eat south north West. We've covered our ground pretty good man. We're picking these places pretty strategically, I think.
Speaker 4: So I get it.
Speaker 1: We're not in your.
Speaker 6: Driveway, but I said, We said one person's driveway. Then we have to give out their address, and then everyone else has to show up in their frontyard.
Speaker 4: Yes, where does Greg McGee live?
Speaker 1: But you have but you chili. Next Wednesday, we put you in someone's living room and people got to come in.
Speaker 4: The house and knock on the door.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean as long as I got breakfast and they're not walking around button.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, good making.
Speaker 1: Breakfast, very nice chili in somebody's pool, and you gotta like joke in the pool. I love that with chili. Let's do that and we have one hundred people in the pool.
Speaker 9: Some fahita, some beers.
Speaker 1: Tickets, What are you giving away? I know the show?
Speaker 4: I loved a pair Oh no, not a pair of tickets.
Speaker 5: This is the two hundred dollars Academy gift card celebrating twenty years in the Rod Ryan Show in Houston.
Speaker 1: Brandon childs right here, No, Katie Love. I was in Katie last week?
Speaker 4: Do you hate Katie?
Speaker 1: I was at the home run dugout. I was there.
Speaker 4: I gave away fifty pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Brandon Child's I was in Katie.
Speaker 4: Shut up about that? How much? Shut up? All right?
Speaker 1: What she said two hundred dollars Academy gift card on the flip of this break, I Know the.
Speaker 2: Show Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, wrapping up a wild card Wednesday with no rain, sunny skies ninety two would be your high today.
Speaker 3: I think that's what we're gonna have all week.
Speaker 1: We're hinting at some sort of a cold shunt next week sometime.
Speaker 12: Sure's now time for Know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 16: The Buzz La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la La, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, The rod Well Hello, who's this? Did you say Martin? Yes, sir, isn't that who played Fresh out of Bed today? Brother Martin?
Speaker 4: It's quiet Martin.
Speaker 3: This is the different Martin.
Speaker 1: That's not me.
Speaker 2: I'm not yang.
Speaker 1: Okay, good That Martin guy never said his name during the game. Yeah, he first he was let's say, brother Martin. You're right, he was a fresh fish. This is another brother Martin. Uh, mart good to have you on dude, this is no the show.
Speaker 3: Tessa.
Speaker 4: What's your question, Tessa? I mean Tessa, Yeah, I'm her Martin.
Speaker 5: Tell me what saying does Rod use all the time and he doesn't really quite know.
Speaker 4: What it means?
Speaker 16: A salad the salad years, the salad years.
Speaker 4: Ah, Okay, I still don't know what it means. These are the salad years, the salad days.
Speaker 1: I believe it's Shakespearean ah, and it means the good days, when the times are great and maybe youth and things were great. We were talking about the salad days.
Speaker 5: Of music because you were talking about albums being out nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a great year for records thirty.
Speaker 1: Two years ago. Jeez, salad years. I thought the salad years would just keep coming the load.
Speaker 16: Let's if you can remember or five years ago, rut Oh, boy, it was a meat raffle, meat raffle on the West Side, luckies. And you had a Houston Astros World Series Neon light in the silent.
Speaker 4: Auction, You son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: You outbid me.
Speaker 9: I outbid you.
Speaker 11: And it wasn't supposed to be on the UH in the in the auction, there was supposed to be replacing your broken one.
Speaker 1: The beer company that gave us that, that World Series Neon, it was like you, it was a big privilege to get it. They only made they made so many of them. Somebody from Luckies put it in the auction and once bid started rolling in, we couldn't do anything. We had to keep it there. So I wanted to buy it. What did you pay for that dummy?
Speaker 3: Would you pay fifty fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: He outbid me, yes, sir, I think well, then that means I bid eight hundred and he went eight to fifty, and then probably a timing thing.
Speaker 4: I might have gone nine hundred on that.
Speaker 1: Where do you Where do you have it?
Speaker 4: Martin?
Speaker 9: It's in my garage.
Speaker 11: It's in my garage, but it's right at the door going into the house.
Speaker 4: It's glorious, it is beautiful.
Speaker 1: It is such a nice It's one of the nicest neons ever. And you want it, you beat me at it. I'll send you the picture.
Speaker 11: I'll send you the picture I got with you and Alex.
Speaker 1: And I don't need Ylis. I don't need to relive that night now.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately, Dinah had to go to the station that night and I didn't get her in the picture.
Speaker 1: Well, unfortunately, I gotta give you a two hundred dollars gift card to Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 9: Awesome, gonna do some hunting.
Speaker 1: We boom, I mean Martin just he's living a salad life.
Speaker 4: Really sure.
Speaker 11: The salad times when I go to the hunting section of Academy.
Speaker 1: Hi, brother Martin, Thank you dude, great job. And then Buddy went to charity, So I appreciate you. Two new players today, Abby and fresh silent Martin. This morning, Abby's gonna go for uh well, no, Abby had played before. She's won a couple of times. She's gonna try to avoid the one slam clam cheer on Abby at six twenty tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: Thank you Chili for the.
Speaker 1: Ticket giveaway, going out there and giving away all those great tickets and dealing with all those people. Wild Card Wednesday was our number one link. Apparently halloweens like to do or apparently adults like to do Halloween.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how crazy is that? Adulten?
Speaker 3: Adult oween?
Speaker 1: Please use it?
Speaker 4: Please tag wacky.
Speaker 3: What's going on with the Astros?
Speaker 1: The playing tonight? Must win?
Speaker 4: It is a must winner. The season is over. I don't believe that it is unless they win. I can't fathom it.
Speaker 1: Car Show is this Saturday. Golf tournament's coming up. All that information is on links and guests at the Rod Ryan Show, care Store, links and guests. Tomorrow's Throwback Thursday. Already Chili and Alex play read my lips, so lock up the China mom. The boys are at it again six the Gram Thursday tomorrow as well. So yeah, it's going to be a busy one tomorrow on the show test us on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Up next, Big Jeremy Benson, not stop nooner. Pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. Yes, he has twentieth anniversary party tickets, he said. Everyone is choosing those still, which is great. We heard today from Slow Fast Andrew he won tickets from Carol Lee. So I think they've got tickets all week, all throughout the day. So man bug them, bug them to get those tickets later.
Speaker 4: On in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow morning. Am app Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan shoepage at the buzz dot com