Speaker 1: Welcome to the Nightcap on seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 2: Gary Jeff Walker.
Speaker 1: As the football season noons and the baseball season starts.
Speaker 2: To wane and wine down to open night, no rests tonight, so I get to be with you until midnight. Fantastic show ahead.
Speaker 1: We have Scott Sheriff, Grace's dad, you've had him on the show before. He believes that the hospital system where he in fact, he believes the entire hospital system in this country is geared more toward death than care. He has some very personal examples and a lawsuit going on right now and the death of his daughter Grace three years ago, you know Wisconsin Hospital.
Speaker 2: We have Troy Anderson who's.
Speaker 1: Got an interesting book called The Trump Code exploring time travel and the Trump lineage.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss that.
Speaker 1: Brent Waltz who has a new book called Pow Prisoner of Washington. Brent an Indiana State senator and a prisoner of the federal government mainly for being a fan of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Tebby Troy is with us.
Speaker 1: Andrew Furman will check in before the night is through, and coming up next as we begin in our American History on the radio series. Another one of those great voices that have been dominating the airwaves over the last forty to fifty years. He is quite an interesting character. He has a new book. All I want to do is play the hits. We'll talk about that and his career, and we'll do that in mere moments here on the nightcab stick around. He's going to be a good one tonight seven hundred WLWLL Steven.
Speaker 3: Said with a CD right center, Bill, I think you got.
Speaker 4: Any day.
Speaker 3: Up with a Homer plam morets.
Speaker 5: Walk it off eas the wedge than athletics tomorrow at five forty on seven hundred wl L at seven hundred w l w's live stream of the pre Iheartradios.
Speaker 6: Do you want lower monthly payments, a shorter finance term, less interest, paid options over obligations, a lower overall.
Speaker 2: Cost of driving.
Speaker 6: That's the Kelsey Way, the tri States number one, schevro Leley Steeler together, let's drive to kelseyshev.
Speaker 7: Dot Com, Paul zero s Carpet and Edra cleaning today and mentioned me Bill Cunningham to get a free hallway clean with three.
Speaker 1: I said, shotgun, It's another episode of American history on the radio. On the nightcab on seven hundred WLW and tonight, one of the great voices in American radio history joins us.
Speaker 2: Another one of those.
Speaker 1: I'd like to celebrate the people and the events and the music that makes radio such a special medium, and we definitely have one of those to start the program this evening. He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He is a regular about this time at night on sixties Gold on Sirius XM. Legendary disc jockey Shotgun Tom Kelly joins us.
Speaker 2: Hello, Shotgun, how are you.
Speaker 3: Oh Gary, I'm doing great. I love being on seven hundred double lub love all.
Speaker 1: I love hearing you say seven hundred w l W in your inivitable style.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, thank you. Hey. You know, I got to tell you. I've just came from I get my nails done, and I'm a very sanitary guy, and I was talking to my manicurist and there was a lady getting her hair done there and she overheard me saying that I was gonna be on w LW. She goes, no, No, that's seven hundred W LW. Evidently she said she lived in Indianapolis and she used to listen that was the station that really used to come in and then that was her station. Man, how about that?
Speaker 2: Oh it's a powerhouse.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe that you're out in LA and you're sitting next to a lady and first, first and foremost, I can't believe that you got your nails done for this.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I really appreciate love to be listen.
Speaker 3: Nothing, nothing but the best for you. Gary.
Speaker 2: You know you realize this as a radio all right, So I know I know.
Speaker 1: Shotgun Tom Kelly uh one again the voice and everybody can hear this incredible set of pipes you got on you, my man, And that was not THI way the first thing, the first thing that we recognize and hear about you the first time we hear you.
Speaker 2: But I want to go back to your roots.
Speaker 1: The book, the new book is all I want to do is play the hits and I'm looking forward to reading it when I get a copy, and I plan on getting a copy.
Speaker 3: So, but.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to before you were in radio. And I'm sure you detail some of these stories in the book. But let's wet the whistle of the audience a little bit. Here we our beaks was some early Tom Kelly information. I will first tell you that I got bit with the radio bug when I was about six or seven years old and got my first transmitter back in the transistor. Rather, I didn't get my first transmitter until I was about in the sixth grade, and I built one of those FM transmitters that went about two hundred and fifty feet. But anyway, my first transistor, it's probably and they had the winner of nineteen sixty seven, and we were living in suburban Chicago at the time, and I was listening to all these great voices on eighty nine WLS and WCFL and Fred Winston, fred Winston and Larry lu Jack and then later John Landecker, who's still on the radio. I mean, it's a godsend to be on the radio all these years later, when you know, people like me were kids and now we're the old timers. But so, where did you first get bit with the radio bug? Tom Kelly?
Speaker 3: You know, that's very interesting, Garrett, because that is exactly my story. You were a little younger than I was, but my mother was a big radio fan, and she, you know, I was. I was born and raised in San Diego, California, what a great place. And I was ten years old. I came home from school. I went to Saint johnaan Across Catholic School in Lemon Grove, and my mom was listening to ko G which is an iHeart station and a big powerful station in San Diego, and so she was listening to a guy by the name of Frank Thompson. He was on the air all mobile, you know, on remote in the Kogo mobile studios, and so he was interviewing people. My mom heard that, and so she said, Tommy, there's a man on the radio. His name is Frank Thompson on kog O. He's putting people on the air. Why don't you get on your bike and you ride down there. Maybe he'll put you on the air. So I didn't know if I wanted to be in radio or not at ten years old, but I wrote my bike down there, and I looked in the window. Gary, you can appreciate this. I looked in the window and I saw two turntables in then microphone and he was talking into what there was a speaker outside, and I was absolutely mesmerized. And so I was looking at him and he he says, well, this is Frank Thompson on kog Oh. Yeah, there's a young man looking through the window here of the Kogo mobile studio. Come in here, young man. What's your name? My name is Tom. What school to go to? Tom? I go to Saint johnath the Cross Catholic School. Well, Tom, here's four tickets to see the La T Birds when they come to Westgate Park. And I went home. My mom heard me on the radio. What a thrill? And then I built my own little radio station. That was how it started, Gary La T Birds.
Speaker 2: There's a throwback. There's a blast from the past.
Speaker 1: I remember the roller I remember the roller Derby too, baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was hoping you'd break that up. Remember that they used to pull each other's hair as they go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Roller Derby was one of the first things I ever saw on a UHFTV station was roller Derby and the La T Birds were playing Chicago. I forget even what the Chicago's team was, but they were playing at the roller rink in Hammond, Indiana, And I was just a little kid. About the same time I was getting interested in radio. So you had those early sparks. Did Were there any other guys that you listened to on the radio when you were young that you kind of emulated and you wanted to be like Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, first of all, I followed Frank Thompson around. He was the guy that would he was most accessible because he'd be in that Coco mobile unit and that was easy to get into. As you know, Kerry, you just kept a little kid, just kept walk into a radio station. Especially. He worked for a AMFM TV facility they called Broadcast City, and it was owned by Time Life Broadcast at that time, very classy organization. So the only access I had was him and that trailer, and so I followed him around, and of course he had this great voice, and I kind of imitated him when I did my little, my little radio station in my bedroom. Yeah, and I always wanted to be like Frank Thompson, you know. And by the way, Frank Thompson was a Canadian I found out. And he was educated at Long Greens Radio School Lauren Green before he got dipped Dancema, but Anson he was he had a radio school, did you know that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And when you can hear that and you want to talk about fantastic voices, Lauren Green was just amazing, you know, the song Ringo just it All.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: It tells you everything you need to know about the vocal talents of one Lauren Green.
Speaker 3: Oh and you want to say what that guy am for breakfast?
Speaker 2: No question?
Speaker 3: But anyway, Yeah, So Frank Thompson I admired. He became a friend and then a friend of the family. Later on Frank got out of the disc jockey thing and he worked in Seattle at kJ R and Seattle It, became a news director and so he was a news guy. Uh you know when I at the end of his life, but he was very respected up there. So you asked some of the other people that I used to listen to in San Diego. Yeah, I used to love my favorite disc jockey, and now now I wanted to go any radio station that I could look at. And there was a station at seventh and ash k c b Q, which I eventually got a job at later on, and you could watch the disc jockeys on the air on the second floor. So I used to love to watch Seamus Patrick O'Hara, and then of course there was this Wow jackeys.
Speaker 1: He wasn't irish, was he.
Speaker 3: He may have been, but he was a. He was a great jock. And of course Happy Hair in the morning. I think Happy Hair worked in Cleveland at one time about that did a morning show. Anyway, there was there was so many disc jockeys on that station that I admired, and of course I could actually see them. To go down at seventh and Ash look up there in the second floor and watch them do their show. Now this is interesting. Uh. They had there's the They had a mirror on the ceiling so you can see the disc jockey U turn the dobs. It looked like I was looking at a spaceship. That board is so incredible, you know what I'm talking about. And I always had the Neil Ross, who's a good friend of mine. He he co wrote my book as a matter of fact. Uh, And him and I would would be at seven and a half watching these guys and we'd say, we'd say to each other, God, we'd love to be able to work that board. And eventually Neil Ross and myself in our adult life, got hired at Casey BQ and we got to run the same board. Gary And I mean, what a what a throw that is. And by the way, the picture uh I took Uh Uh there's a story, uh the lady, and this is in my book. The Lady. Her name is Phyllis. She was in Churche. She was a receptionist. But more than a receptionist, she was a security guard. So anyway, I would go up there and said, ma'am, my name is Tom and I'm doing a report in school and I can't get a good picture of the disc jockey on the air. Is there any way on getting the studio just for a moment to take the picture? She goes, no, Son, if you want your picture, you have to take it from the street. Well, I was a little forlorn, and then I saw this guy coming up and I noticed it was Scottie Day. He was the midday guy, but I carry what I didn't realize he was the boss. He was the program director of ksey b Q. So I told him the story. He said, you're doing a report, Son, Well follow me. So we went up there and Phillis is sitting at the desk and Scotty Day said, Phillis, I'm going to take this young man into the studio. And you should have seen the look on her face. She was there's the most angry look I've ever seen on a woman in my life. It was almost scary.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, yeah, so I got into the studio and I had my little brownie camera. It was filled with slide film and I had, you know, a flash cube and all that stuff. So I only had one one shot left. And so I got back and the guy on the air was Bill Bishop, who became the voice of Judge Judy later on, but he was on the airs of disc Jockey. And I went back and I took that picture of that incredible control board and Bill Bishop, and I had that picture in my pool hall blown up thirty by thirty. I mean, you could ask Art Volo, you know, America's best radio friend. Yeah, and he'll tell you about that. And that picture is in the book, taken when I was twelve years old. And also there was another picture of me at that board taken when I was an adult. Worton at k CBQ.
Speaker 1: How did you piece together your own little radio station, your little home radio?
Speaker 2: How'd that come about?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, you know, listen to this, Gary, this is very interesting. I wanted to be on the air. I wanted people to hear me, So I had speaker extensions out into the patio, my mom and dad, and they were listening to me, and that was cool. But I wanted to do something better. So my friend Tom Brown, and this is in the book, by the way, all I want to do is played the Itit's available on Amazon and Barnesonnoble dot com. I wanted a string speaker wire from my bedroom to my friend across the street, Tom Brown, And so I did. I went over the telephone pall. I mean, I didn't climb up there. I threw it up there and I got into his He had a radio, a clock radio, and I saw these the speaker and I just tapped, just hooked the wires up to the speaker, and my bedroom looked like it was coming out of a real radio, but the radio was off. So anyway, I had one listener, and so I was broadcasting from my bedroom to Tom's bedroom. And one night I decided, and by the way, I put a switch on there, so when he wanted to listen to real radio, when you do that, So one night I wanted to do an all night show. So he was at summer camp and he forgot to, you know, flick the switch off, and at midnight, little shotgun Tom Tom Irwin at that time, no ladies and gentlemen. The greatest sis anorth you know. And so anyway, I woke his entire family up. His dad came on and tried to turn off the knob. It wouldn't go off because and he tried to unplug the radio, still wouldn't go off. So he picked up the radio and it broke the connection. Well is that a weird story, but it's in the book. And so I got I got frustrated with that idea. And you mentioned something, Gary, you said that you had a train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we built a little I was in this program at the end of sixth grade.
Speaker 2: It was for kids.
Speaker 1: It was actually summer school that we wanted to go to because we had special interests and we had good enough grades that they let us go to this six week summer school. And one of them was a radio class, and they gave us all of the components to build a little FM transmitter. It broadcast about two hundred and fifty feet out and I was doing my own little broadcast and it was fun soldering it together and putting it together.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what we're going to say, Tom Oh, Well, what I.
Speaker 3: Was going to say is I had a friend of mine who said he had a transmitter that he was going to sell me for five bucks. So he built the transmitter on a cigar box. And this guy, Wes Owen is his name. He was very, very smart, and he still is to this day. But anyway, Wes knew everything about electronics. So he built this transmitter that broadcast on eight forty on the AM dial and sold it to me for five books hit out of power supply, and I brought it into my room and now I'm actually on the air, Gary on the air at eight am. And so my mom and dad would come in and say, look at our son. He's staying out of trouble. He's not just stealing stuff out of stores. He's got this wonderful hobby. Well what they didn't realize, Gary, is I wasn't committing local crime. I was committing federal crime.
Speaker 1: I will stop right there. We'll stop right there, shotgun, Tom Kelly. All I want to do is play the hits as the book, and we'll be back with part two of the interview on American History on the radio, actually on the radio on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred wl W Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Preventing any spread of West Nile with the nine thirty report, I'm Sean Galviagher breaking now Ohio among thirty states reporting mosquitos that carry West Nile virus, with some communities beginning to spray for them. Luckily, there have been no reported cases of people getting sick from mosquitoes which have been found in locations throughout Hamilton County.
Speaker 10: Experts say a hotter, wetter climate puts people in closer contact with more mosquitoes. In Massachusetts, eight communities, including Boston, are now at high risk for West Nile, and this week the state will start spraying in some communities to combat an even rarer and more deadly mosquito born disease called Triple E. The town of Plymouth now closing fields and parks from.
Speaker 2: Dusk till dawn.
Speaker 9: ABC News is Ariel Rechef officials say the two viruses are not spread in person to person contacts. Now the latest traff again weather together and right now taking a look at the major interstates in highways.
Speaker 2: No new accidents.
Speaker 8: Forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news radio seven hundred wl JOB.
Speaker 11: Not a lot of relief in the overnight hours. We're only cooling to seventy one. The sky will be mostly clear and tomorrow still sunny, but just hot outside. Your high ends up at ninety seven and it'll feel like one hundred to one hundred and four, which officially puts us into a heat advisory. This is going to be in effect for both Tuesday and Wednesday, so make sure you're staying hydrated from your Singer Weather station. I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Jennifer Catchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Right our show in a mostly clear sky right now, are temperature currently eighty degrees. A man now facing murder charges after another man was found dead late this morning in a North Fairmount just before noon, Cincinnati police responded to the twenty five hundred block of Linden Street, finding sixty year old Troy Rudd suffering from what they described as a blunt force trauma injury, dying at the scene. Forty year old Joseph Broad was later taken into custody, as CPD's homicide unit continues to investigate for juveniles taken into custody after a ramming a stool in vehicle three Clairmont County business this weekend is steel firearms. Union Township police say it happened just after six o'clock Sunday morning at Sportsman's Warehouse along Eastgate South Drive, with the driver of that vehicle later crashing on Eastgate Boulevard, but the other three being apprehended after they fled on foot. All are now facing multiple charges, including theft of firearms from a federally licensed dealer, and are being held at the Claremont County Detention Center. The University of Cincinnati scene record enrollment on the first day of classes, with over fifty two thousand students on its campuses. That's of two percent over last year's enrollment, and while the class of twenty twenty eight is slightly smaller than the year before, students transferring to UC more than make up the difference. Back from a seven game road trip, the Reds welcome in the athletics for a three game set beginning Tuesday night. The Inside Pitch starts our coverage at five forty six to forty first pitch.
Speaker 12: Our next update is at ten o'clock.
Speaker 9: I'm Sean Gavliger, News Radio seven hundred Wlwrilla.
Speaker 13: Chips Bred the MoU to five and thirty, Big Ones, Games of Plenty.
Speaker 4: Heals All for the West, the Outlaws, the Gunslingers, the Bit of the Kids, and wiss say a fellow like the cow that shot Bill Hiccock in the back. There's always one like that, and every time of history. Sure most of them were vomits, but every once in a while and one of them I may have lived a man.
Speaker 1: We talked about Lorne Green and Ringo in our first segment. We're talking with Shotgun Tom Kelly, who has the same kind of voice as Lauren Green did. Wh God, He's a monster American history on the radio. Shotgun Tom is our guest for the rest of this hour, and we're back. I wanted to ask you, Tom about your dad because in Tom's new book, all I want to do is play the hits out now on Amazon and anywhere you buy books about his career. In his life, you talk a lot about your dad, who was a train engineer back in the day, and there's stories in the book like the one you're gonna kind of share with us.
Speaker 2: Now, tell me about your dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dad was a locomotive train engineer for the Santa Fe in San Diego, and I remember Dad came home and he said, this actor. They had a film crew there and they wanted Now this is later on in the late fifties, and this actor Dad had to get on his knees and bring the F seven, which is the war bonnet, the red war Bonnet, a beautiful engine into San Diego. And so the film crew from the television station was filming that had this guy get off. He was portrayed as an engineer, so he got he was an actor, but he got off the F seven Santa Fe engine and walked into the depot and then they cut and turns out he was my favorite children's show hosts. His name was Johnny Downs. He used to be Johnny of Our Gang, and so for years as a kid, I used to watch him on the air and I used to say, Hey, my dad is Johnny Downs's engineer. He portrayed an engineer, see, so just like engineer Bill in La But yeah, my dad told me that story, and he told me another story. He got the nod to be the engineer on the presidential train to bring the President of the United States into San Diego. Picked him up in Los Angeles, came to San Diego, and then my dad hates crowds. He looked out one side of the engine and there were thousands of people waiting to see hear the president.
Speaker 14: And see him.
Speaker 3: He looked out the other side and there was nobody Gary, nobody there. So this was my dad's job, was done his this is his opportunity to get out of there. He grabbed his grip, he got off the engine and he was making his way to his car as fast as possible, and this guy stopped him. He said, I've been with these flbs all day. You're the engineer, aren't you. And my dad said, yes, mister President, I am. It was Harry Truman. Wow in nineteen forty eight. Yeah, so funny way, my dad walked about one hundred yards with Harry and then the Secret Service got ahold of him. He bitted my dad goodbye, and then he spoke to the people. But you know, my dad told that story and it was one of his favorites. And I said, I'd love to meet a president someday. So my congressman got me the job of doing the MC job for a president who came to San Diego. And I did. And so he says, I have an idea why don't you You know your trademark ranger at You don't have a smoke of the bear hat that I wear because I did children's television for seventeen years locally here in San Diego and on my syndicate show Words of Poppin' was syndicated around the country and I won two Emmys for that show. But anyway, the hat is a traditional thing that I've had in my career, and so I wanted to meet a president. So anyway, Duncan Hunter, my congressman, made it happen. I went to the White House and this is all in the book. It's a deeper story in the book. But anyway, we're waiting outside the Oval office. Gary, White House staff member comes in to tell us. And by the way, that hallway outside the Oval it's not that big anyway, he said, Duncan, Shotgun, the President is better to see you. So we go in the Oval office. The President is behind the resolute desk. He gets up from the resolute desk and he walks over to the shell bookcase. Well, Gary, he knows my name, he said, Well, Shotgun, I understand that you were the MC and kept the people entertained. Why they're waiting for me in San Diego. And I said, yes, mister President, I did, and I bring you my trademark ranger hat, and I hope you'll put it on. And he goes, well, he put it on. It was President Ronald Reagan. That's in the book.
Speaker 1: That's a great Reagan impression. You do that really? Well?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I had a little nutty. You're way go ahead, Michael Reagan. Michael Reagan, his son is friend of mine. And when you get a copy, you get a stamp. It's not really the president's signature. But in the book. If you look in the book, all I want to do is play the heads available on Amazon and Barnes Andannoble dot com. If you go in there, you will see the president's signature. Michael Reagan went to his dad and Santa Barbara and actually had him sign that's actually his signature and it's not a stamp. I value that.
Speaker 2: That's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Because of your dad's involvement with trains. You've had a continuing lifelong love of trains, haven't you.
Speaker 2: Tom Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. But the problem is when I was a kid, I was I came home from the train store and I said Dad, I'd like to have a train set, and he goes nothing doing sun I worked sixteen hours a day. I don't want to see him when I come home. So anyway, and so maybe now as an adult, I had somebody else build my train layout twenty five thousand dollars Lloyd's Layouts of Los Angeles. They do a marvelous job. And I've got a downtown area residential area. I've got four industrial areas plus a yard and the hero in the downtown area. I've always wanted this because I've never seen another train lay out with an AM FM TV station right downtown. And I had a tower, yeah, tower for the big tower, you know, not the one like WLWS which is a standing tower, but it's a tower on my layout, and yeah, I have lots of fun with it. And if any of your listeners are ever in San Diego, I'm going to run trains every Wednesday from one to four and they can come out to the San Diego Model Railroad Museum very near the world famous San Diego Zoo and they could see me run trains and I get to visit with them on my show on Sirius XM sixties Gold Channel seventies three. I've mentioned that and I've had lots of people come out. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I bet you have. What was your first radio job, Tom, very first.
Speaker 3: First radio Yeah, the very first one. I was sixteen years old. I was hanging around a radio station in the week and then the weekend guy was the program director of this FM station now Gary. As you know, FM back in nineteen sixty six was like a background music thing. AM was the big deal, and if you want to really wanted to be on a big station, you had to be on an AM station like KCBQ, like KGB, like wl W. You know, I love those call letters, man. Anyway, So I got a job at an FM station on the weekends on Sunday because nobody wanted to Nobody wants to work Sunday. So George Manning, who was working weekends at radio station KDO, where I made my little tapes for my bootleg station. Anyway, he said, how would you like to do Sunday morning at KPRI. I said I'd love that. So I was sixteen years old and I got my first job on the air Sunday morning playing jazz Frank Sinatra, Sergio Mendez and Brazil sixty six. That's how I remember. It was sixty six, and then of course we stopped down at eight o'clock. I did a children's radio show, which remember I've always wanted to be a children's show oh sometime in my career, and I got that because I did Words of Poppin', which is a word game show for kids. McGraw hill owned the show and that went for five years. And then I did the Kuside Kids Club with cartoons and everything for about twelve years here in San Diego. So that was my first kids show on radio, and it was when I was sixteen.
Speaker 2: So what made you so interested in doing children's programming?
Speaker 3: Well, you got to realize we all have heroes. Frank Thompson was my radio hero, and Johnny downs was my television hero because my dad was Johnny Downes's engineer on that show. Oh wow, and he was so good. He was so great. Johnny Downs was and I talk about him in the book because Johnny and I were both in for an audition for this Words a Poppin' show and I walk in and I said, Johnny, are you here to audition? He said yes, I am. I said, well, listen I'm going to get out of here. You're going to do Words of Pop and I'm going to watch every Saturday. He said, you have just as much right to audition as I do. So he gave me a cup of coffee out of his thermos, and he walked in did his audition, and he came back out and he says, Shotgun, congratulations. I hope you do your best. So I went in and did my audition for Words of Popping and then I left. And I knew Johnny was going to get the job. I just knew it because he had the experience, and so I didn't hear from the people for weeks. All of a sudden, I got a phone call from the producer. You got the job. I said, wait a minute, you got the wrong guy, Johnny Downs. You need to hire him. He said, no, you related more to the kids than Johnny did. And so I did that show for five years. And that story is also in the book What a.
Speaker 2: What a Feather in your Cap?
Speaker 1: To actually supersede your childhood television host hero and and take a job that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Tom, Well that's happened again, because you know when I got the job at Kate Earth, one on one in Los Angeles. Uh, the real Don Steele we all remember there. The real Don Steele's voice is used in the movie Once upon a Time in Hollywood. I'm Burial dold Field. Right. You know when when Brad Pitt gets in the car and he turns on the ignition, that's the ninety three k h J. I'm Burial dons Field. There we go. You know that that's his voice. That's so anyway, when he passed away, and he was one of my radio heroes. I loved the real Don Steele and Wolfman Jack. I became friends with Wolfman Jack, but I only met the real Don Steel three. How was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he passed away, go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, when he passed away, h Frank, they had the memorial and Mike Phillips, the program director, was looking for somebody to succeed the real Don Steele. He told me this. He said, he closed the door of his office and he said a prayer, and he said, God, please help me find the right guy. And there was a whisper that came into his mind. Shot Don Dom and he called me and he hired me, and I was there for twenty years.
Speaker 1: That's amazing now, and you talk about what a couple of great radio legends to have as you know, as friends and successors or whatever you succeed them, the real Don Steele and Wolfman Jack.
Speaker 2: What was Robert like in person?
Speaker 3: Robert was a good friend mine before I came to ca Earth. We used to watch sixty Minutes, and we after the sixty minutes, we always used to, you know, talk about it after the show. It was so on a uh. I guess I was out after sixty minutes one time and he called my house and my wife Linda endsered the phone. She said hello, and he says they, Oh, this's R. W. Morgan a shotgun there. Uh no, he's not well, tell him. Robert called and she said, okay, Bob, No, no, Bob lives here. He hated to be called Bob. It was always Robert W. Morgan. But anyway, No, he was a he was a good guy. He was he was firm, he was eccentric. He but but to me he was a good guy. But some people aggravated him and and I guess he got a wreck.
Speaker 1: Well when I said Robert, I meant Wolfman Jack because his real name was first name was Robert said, Bob Smith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, but that's also in the book. Uh. By the way, my book has got happiness, but it's got ups and downs. Sure, there's some things in my life that happened that I'm not too proud of. And my house got raided by the police. That's in the book. And it was because I did these Tonight shows. I built it Tonight Show said way before Kramer in my garage and very professionally done. Had a crew, and I had the Sheriff of San Diego County, the chief of police, and I played Ed McMahon and so we did this show and it was a cult favorite of both departments. After seven years, there was some murders that happened here in San Diego of prostitutes, and so they thought the police was going to, you know, defend their officers. They thought an officer killed this prostitute. So they took it away away from the local police department, and the state Attorney General formed a homicide task force and they raided my house. Gary And in the front now I was doing the kids show over at KUSI yeah, and the front you know, I've always wanted to be on the front page of the paper above the fold. The headline was seven hundred and fifty tapes seized in murdered probe. Anyway, a lot of the reporters are coming out and you know, yeah, by the way, yeah yeah, anyway, they Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Rogers said that he one of the dead prostitutes was on the show, and that was a lie. So that's why they rated the house.
Speaker 1: We got we got two minutes, Tom, right around two minutes. And I want to hear about the Hollywood the star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Shotgun.
Speaker 2: Top Kelly has one star.
Speaker 1: And they don't any radio people don't don't get radio people don't get stars.
Speaker 3: No, they don't like giving them to radio people. But I had to wait for mine. But you know, Robert W. W. Morgan had a star, the real Don Steele had a star. So K Earth was really the radio station the rock stars for disc jockeys. Yeah, so anyway, I got rejected the first year of the second year, but then the third year I got my star, and I asked Stevie Wonder to be my speaker and he was there along with Art Leveau and Johnny Mathis and my program director Johnny K He was also a speaker, and thousands of people, I mean, maybe I shouldn't say thousands. Hundreds of people showed up, including Radio's best friend Art Bolo. He was there to there there you go.
Speaker 1: Two mentions. Art got two mentions. That's perfect. The book is all I want to do is play the hits and he has been doing it successfully and supersedingly successfully now for decades and decades and decades. The One and Only Shotgun Tom Kelly from Sirius XM's sixties Gold our guest on American History on the radio, and Tom, it's been such a pleasure. And I know we could go on like this for hours, but unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Yeah we can't. That's the time with Garry, you are such a big time guy. I am just delighted to be on your show because you've had Pat Saint John, You've had Flash Phelps, and now you've got me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. The Shotgun on the night cap.
Speaker 8: We continue meanwhile in the Untented Forest, the Princess, Wait a minute, where's the princess?
Speaker 2: And she's on maternity lead. We're filling in while she's out. But you're Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So what this story is supposed to be about how the princess does nothing but listen to your show.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, let's be honest, if all she ever did was listen to our show, she wouldn't be on Maternity Leader. And I'm saying, oh, good point, guys.
Speaker 6: Eddie and Rock Tomorrow afternoon at three on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Get ready to win your way to our twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capitol One and one thousand.
Speaker 15: Dollars Temobil Arena here in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Take a night off, So I got the night in with you over night. Can't wait to get started.
Speaker 16: Chopping with the great A fantastic show, a lot of different guests and a lot of different topics, but we are going to right now focus on our amazing Grace and our amazing Grace dot Net and my Christian brother Scott Serah, who I've had on the program multiple times before.
Speaker 1: You know, in the late nineteen fifties, at the early, at the very end rather of the Eisenhower administration, the then president warned of the rise of the military industrial complex. No one ever warned us, and he was right. You look at Vietnam, you look at everything that has happened since Dwight D. Eisenower left office in the United States. He was dead on right. And we've seen this with twenty year wars in Afghanistan. At all, nobody warned us about the medical pharmaceutical industrial complex, which Christians and everyone should be concerned about because of the ultimate evil intent, so says Scott share Grace's dad. When we first talked, he was telling me about the night in twenty twenty one, the day in twenty twenty one when he says his daughter Grace was murdered in the hospital. A DNR was issued, There was no DNR from Grace or her parents, and they were then bum rushed out of the hospital while they killed their beautiful nineteen year old daughter. As Scott says, his buddy Grace, and he has been trying to get the word out and we'll ask about the lawsuit too, get the word out about As a Christian, how should you view what's going on with so called healthcare in this country? Because I believe, as Scott believes, it really is a travesty and it's a turning point, and it is totally evil military industrial complex. Of those were the people behind them were the merchants of war. And the medical pharmaceutical industrial complex are the merchants of death in the name of care Scott Sharah, how did I deal with the introduction?
Speaker 17: Oh my gosh, what a multiple Yeah, I have so many comments.
Speaker 3: With just what you opened with that.
Speaker 17: We're not gonna have enough times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, time is limited, so go ahead.
Speaker 17: Well you said about the merchants behind the military industrial complex. Well, God prophesied in Revelation eighteen twenty three, he said, for your merchants were the most important people of the earth, because with your pharmachia they deceived all nations. And you know, we have not been publicly warned like President Eisenhower did against the military industrial complex. However, we have been warned. And God told us that in Genesis chapter eighteen, specifically verse seventeen, that he would not withhold from Abraham what he was about to do, and that was before he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Well, Satan is under that same principle, and Satan has warned us because he has to. That's Satan is under God, and he warned us first with the hippocratic oath in four hundred BC, and we've been programmed, unfortunately, to believe that the Hippocratic oath is.
Speaker 3: First do no harm.
Speaker 17: And I've been using this test question on the programs have been on lately and asking should we hold doctors to their old number. We've been programmed the oath is first, do no harm. And then I explained, no, we don't want to hold them to their oath because the hypocratic old is to Satanic gods, and so Satan did warn.
Speaker 14: Us that this was going to happen ahead of time. It's simply that.
Speaker 17: We want our own way and are generally lazy, so we fall for these traps, and we have fallen for him, Polkline and Sinker over a period of.
Speaker 14: Many, many decades.
Speaker 17: And the easiest one to point to in that light is the vaccine agenda right now, because people are chasing the American dream and not paying attention. They want to send their kids to the public pool system and now to sign up for the free babysitting service for the indoctrination of your children, they need eighty vaccines just to enter that fool system.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 17: Sorry, that's my rebuttal to your open.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me how your lawsuit is going against the doctor who you say killed your daughter Grace, and the hospital who allowed this to happen. And it happens on a more regular basis than anyone would ever want to thank Scott.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 17: There, Yeah, a regular basis. I'll just hit a statistic for you, who can drill it down if you have time, But there's one hundred and forty two thousand new.
Speaker 14: Medical murders every month in the United States.
Speaker 3: The lawsuit.
Speaker 17: First, let's frame the lawsuit that it within the legal system, which is an antichrist system designed to protect the medical industrial establishment. So in that light, the loss is going fantastic. After the first round of depositions, the legal team was more confident than they have ever been. We had multiple situations where the people we deposed, the doctors and nurses, light under oath. We have many many depositions left to go. We had a detour which was a fairly major detour that was handled by the judge on July twenty ninth. I was under a gag order. What happened was the defense attorneys said, we will not allow you. This is when I had the attorney's already flown in for the depositions. We had finished my daughter, Jessica's, my wife Cindy's deposition, and then they say we're not going to let you proceed with the doctor nurse's depositions unless Scott goes on a gag order. So our defense to that, to the defense's proposed gag order was said, we'll do that under the condition that you file a motion with the courts of the judge decides that, and he did decide it on July twenty ninth, and the good news about that decision is I'm no longer under a gag order relative to the transcripts or the audio of the depositions. He did say I cannot release the video of the deposition, So I will be going through the depositions with a fine tooth comban deciding.
Speaker 14: Where do we go with that.
Speaker 17: Of course, we don't want to release anything that's going to jeopardize the case. What's interesting is that the judge gave a very specific slap on the hands to the defense and he said, your responsibility to this situation.
Speaker 14: Is not a gag order.
Speaker 17: What you should have done is a file for a restraining order. And of course they knew that would not because I haven't done anything. I have taken zero action against any of these people. In fact, I've forgiven them. So anyway, the judge reprimanded them, and then, as God's providence would have it, a family who we've got come to know, my wife Cindy and I, their sister, ended up in the same hospital that Grace was murdered at, and they asked us, because they lived several hours away, will you go visit her. So two weeks ago, Cindy and I went to the hospital to visit this lady and she had just come out of surgery, so I didn't even know what room number she was in. We got to the hospital about five to seven in the evening and I dropped Cindy off at the front door. She called the receptionist to find out the room, and so we get the room number, and as we're walking toward that area, we realized this is the same floor, in fact, the same wing that Grace was murdered in.
Speaker 14: So we're walking down the.
Speaker 3: Hallway to the room that the lady was in, and.
Speaker 17: I noticed one of the nurses that we deposed and she got a glimpse of me. Also, we were in the room with this a special needs lady for about ten minutes, and two arm guards came and escorted us out, telling us that we're not allowed in that hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh because the nurse, one of the nurses you deposed, saw you in there and said, oh, we can't have these people in. They're troublemakers exactly. They're trying to hold us for our actions.
Speaker 17: So they put a restraining order. That nurse was essentially able to put an illegal restraining order on us. This is the same thing that you know, they took me out by an arm guard when I was advocating for my best buddy. And they are above the law. The old rule of law that you and I grew up with, Gary, Jeff is they don't care anymore. Their attitude, they're so aloof. Their attitude is just sue us because we know you can't.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Scott, let me give you an example of that. I saw this firsthand during COVID, and you may have seen the video yourself. During the restrictions and the lockdowns and all the other nonsense that they did to control the population and kill as many of us as possible, there was a group of people. I forget which state it is, but it was a pretty, you know, consistently right voting state, supposedly, and people were attending church services, violating the official edict that they should not gather together to worship the Lord, and the police came and chase them down. It was an outdoor service. Everybody was in their car and the police came to break it up on the orders of whoever's in charge. And the man said, it's my first Amendment right, he said, we don't care about that. And it's like when Phil Murphy, the governor of New Jersey, was asked by Tucker Carlson, I believe, well, what about what about your constitutional right? He said, oh, that's above my pay grade. He's the governor of a state and the Bill of Rights is above his pay grade.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 14: It is?
Speaker 17: The evil is it is so beyond what people can grasp, and they're doing the best they can.
Speaker 14: The cabal I'm talking about.
Speaker 17: To get us into the idea that everything's back to normal, don't worry about things, We've got it covered, you know, And then they lay out deceptions like money pocks to get us all worried about that. And uh, it's it's hard to wake people up. You know it took you know, and I would be first on that list. It took my best buddies murder to wake me up. But now that I'm awake, I just I want to show it from the rooftop so even my worst enemy doesn't lose their best buddy.
Speaker 1: Well, and you you talked in this uh this post you sent me for this conversation a Facebook post from a nurse, and it regards how parents are being totally ignored when it comes to the care of their children in the hospital. Right now, there is a lawsuit that's been allowed to let go by if you know, it's been allowed to go forward. Rather that this parents are suing this hospital. Who did you know? This sexual whatever you call it, you know they did a sex change operation on their child without their permission. So they have But this is the post that you sent me from Alicia Ando as an ellend nurse.
Speaker 3: But yeah, go ahead, this is good.
Speaker 14: I'm glad you're going to read it.
Speaker 1: Alicia Ando, as an Ellen D nurse, it was up to me to inject the newborn. Even back then, over thirty years ago, we had patients that would refuse. I know that it is their right as parents to refuse, but as not only a nurse but also a mother, I just could not send a baby home defenseless. I know what I did was not right, but I would inform the parents I was taking the baby to weigh him her on a more precise scale and then take them to the nursery and inject them.
Speaker 2: This is again without the parent's knowledge. Just had to do it.
Speaker 1: No baby was going to bleed out on my watch in spite of the parent's stupidness.
Speaker 2: These people think they are god.
Speaker 3: S good right.
Speaker 17: And when you think about she realizes the parents have rights, but she thinks that her spirit of collectivism is a higher right severre she can do this. Yes, she believes she's superior to the parents wishes.
Speaker 3: And this is not this is this is getting codified.
Speaker 17: And what you know, I mean, I know you're familiar with Chevron being overturned. That has the potential to push some of this back. We're going to find out.
Speaker 3: There's a bill in.
Speaker 14: Congress right now that was put.
Speaker 17: In the third week of July by Elizabeth Warren to codify Chevron into law as the rebuttal to the Supreme Court overturning. But what that Chevron doctrine did. That's been forty years in the making. It facilitated these institutions to make policy that became the equivalent of law. I'm reading right now out of the my Chart Ascension, Wisconsin, and this is titled my Chart Proxy Access for Adult to teen Accounts. So this hospital system, this happens to be the same system Grace was killed at. This is how they're making law, they wrote, So they just send this out as an administrative memo. They said, parents who have proxy access to medical information of a child aged zero to eleven years will automatic have that access removed by the system when the patient turns age twelve. So they're saying the child once they turn age twelve, the parents now are out of the.
Speaker 14: Decision making process for the child.
Speaker 17: And it is it's so evil. I can't hardly, it's hard to stomach.
Speaker 2: Well, my mother doesn't make my mother.
Speaker 1: God bless God, bless me that I still have my mom and my dad. My mom just turned eighty seven, and I will tell you that as a sixty three year old man, if my mom could make decisions for me, she certainly would. So it doesn't stop at any age when you're a parent.
Speaker 17: Oh, that's wonderful.
Speaker 14: I knew why we get along.
Speaker 3: Rooms the same age.
Speaker 17: I have lost both of my parents unfortunately, but you know, pratty bad your parents are still alive. I want to just or you know, these warnings that we've gotten have been around for quite a long time.
Speaker 2: But I got two minutes. I got two minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just going to quickly read out of a book called Descent in Medicine.
Speaker 17: This is nine mds that in nineteen eighty four we're sounding the alarm bells for those with ears to hear, and they were sounding the alarm bells about cancer. So they were saying, and standards of care are the warning I'm giving here. They said, the entire field of orthodoxychology will disappear as chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation for cancer are revealed as fundamentally irrational and scientifically insupportable. This is one of the reasons I say there's one hundred and forty two thousand new medical murders every month. They're using standards of care, so six hundred thousand cancer deaths a year that are caused by following the standard of care that these men were sounding the alarm bells On in nineteen eighty four. Already they said the close is a patient stands a better chance of recovering if.
Speaker 14: He's never diagnosed.
Speaker 3: So if we are, how do we get out of this?
Speaker 14: You have to acknowledge that.
Speaker 17: We got here by rejecting God's way, and repentance is the only way out. We can't legislate out, we can't lawsuit out, we can't vote our way.
Speaker 14: Out of this.
Speaker 3: It's repentance. That's my final word.
Speaker 1: Our amazinggrace dot net. If you would like to know more, if you would like to help him in their efforts to get the word out to let people know that there are there are much better ways to take care of ourselves than the quote standard of care in the major hospital systems that have usurped patients' rights, and in Scott Shaff's case and in many others he says actually resulted in the murder of those patients. Scott Shah, thank you so much for being on the Nightcap and I'm certain we will talk again.
Speaker 14: God bless you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 1: It's the Nightcap and it continues on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: You'll feel good when you your day the right way getting the morning essentials from me, Mike mccoby.
Speaker 2: He has Brian Combs with the latest news, Jennifer Catchwork with the weather.
Speaker 13: I like her, she says, Chuck Ingram on Traffic, and say Dennison with the sports sag.
Speaker 2: Dennison is so hot, scorching hot. So tune in and get the goodness you deserve. I deserve morning goodness.
Speaker 18: You know what?
Speaker 2: So do I You're damn right, you do.
Speaker 8: Be a morning lover with Mike McConnell Tomorrow Morning at Fine on seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 19: Ever tried to tackle a home improvement project without making ten trips to Home Depot. What if I told you there's a way to earn cash back while you shop, introducing Drop, the Ultimate Rewards App. With Drop, you can earn free gift cards by shopping in store or online at Home Depot and tons of other stores. Download the Drop app today and use code Drop three to three to get an instant five dollars in points. That's Drop your go to for shopping rewards.
Speaker 20: One College Evening, August twenty sixth, twenty twenty four, Gary jeff And Our next guest is author Troy Anderson, who has done a lot of research and come up with this book that we're going to discuss the next few minutes, The Trump Code exploring time travel and the Trump lineage.
Speaker 2: Troy, Good evening, How are you and what is this book based on?
Speaker 3: Hi, Jeff. So this this book sort of puts together this five thousand piece jigsaw puzzle. Has a lot of components to it, but one of the main things is there's these novels written by Ingersol Lockwood. He's a lawyer and author. He wrote what's called the Baron Trump Collection, these these child time traveling adventures stories in the eighteen nineties sort of in the print of time of Populary of Alice in Wonderland, and he lives in Trump Castle on Fifth Avenue in New York City where Trump Tower now stands. The drawing of the boy on the book cover looks like Baron Trump's son, I mean President Trump's son Baron, and the boy Baron is guided by his uncle Don, the Master of Masters, and they go on all these time training adventures. And so that's the first book and then the last books called The Last President. And as that's John a lot of interests. There's been articles in Newsweek and political and that kind of thing. And in this last book and that this president, he's a populist president actually has an agricultural secretary named Pence. Per chances he's elected, and then the mob of anarchists and socialists converge on Trump Tower, canding death to the rich man, and all came to chaos and civil war breaks out. So people have asked us, are these books sort of prophetic in nature, like you know George Orwell's nineteen eighty four and those books.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we're living it. We see it.
Speaker 1: We see the persecution and then the political prosecution of President Trump and the efforts to keep him off the ballot, and the effort at his assassination. And I don't think it's the last one there will be between now and November or even beyond that, to be honest with you, Troy, and I haven't done any time traveling, but I'm just predicting myself.
Speaker 2: So these books written when.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eighteen nineties. And the other intriguing thing is, so there's been these articles and these videos on YouTube asking is Trump a time traveler? And if people having fun with this, We've got millions of views and the other intriguing element is Thatnkla Tesla, the famous inventor, he sort of considered the architect of the modern world, like our electric grid. Question. From his ideas, he may have invented zero point energy or free energy you can pull from other dimensions, and time travel stuff at all, wireless communications. So he was he was living from hotel to hotel in New York City nineteen forties or World War two, and he was doing interviews with reporters and he told him, I've invented that the death ray. So the idea was, if the Nazis attack of nuclear bombs, this machine or this weapon could vaporize the Nazi air force. And so when he died, the FBI asked if Donald Trump's uncle, a highly revered professor at MIT, to go look at all eighty trunks of Tesla's research. And so he came back and he said, well, I don't think there's anything really of national security interest here. But then mysteriously a whole bunch of research went missing, and so I Tesla. Mark Seiffer, he was in this History Channel special about the missing files of Tesla. And so the idea is that the government probably kept a lot of this stuff, including potential time travel technologies. And they've been developing all kinds of top secret and high technologies for decades now based off of this, this genius inventor's ideas, and it's connected to the Trump family.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that the writings say, for example, of H. G. Wells have the science fiction fantasy that they were at the time or received as a consumed as have become more and more prophetic as time goes along. I guess there has to be the idea there first before reality actually makes it appear, and you know, in two dimensions. So I there was actually in the original books in the eighteen nineties, there was actually a character named Baron Trumph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the main character. And the drawing of the boy it's at the Library of Congress. The drawing of the boy on the book cover, it looks like President Trump's son, Bernard. There's a striking resemblance. So there's been all kinds of articles about that. And the other really intriguing thing here is so during this these congressional hearings on the UAPs and UFOs, all these military people supposedly site and all this stuff, the Sun newspaper written largest newspaper, filed a Freedom Information Act requests in the federal government. They had a four year legal fight, and finally the Defense Intelligence Agency released all these documents, and it came back to the government believes time travel is possible. They may have some primitive time travel technologies, anti gravity technologies that you know, quantum physics. This may explain how these these you know, these UAPs, whatever they are, are getting here and so so it's funny that there might be something to it. So so we explore all this in Trump Code.
Speaker 1: As you're going through the research, Troy talking to Troy Anderson the book The Trump Code, exploring time travel and the Trump lineage.
Speaker 2: This is all mind blowing stuff.
Speaker 1: By the way, just from your research and what you have discovered, what do you think overall? I mean, I'm not looking for a spoiler from you, but I mean, and I want people to read the books, so I'm not going to give you your Endo book assessment necessarily, but just personally, how credible is this and how possible is this?
Speaker 3: Well, i mean, I've written seven books now. Most of these books explore unfolding Bible prophecies are already moving into these end time events the Bible talks about. So we have sections of the book to talk about, how did God show all the profits from Moses to Eenoch, to Elijah and Ezekiel a possible John, How did he show them in the future. Because about two thousands of the bibles twenty five hundred prophecies have all come true in exacting detail, according to numerous Bible scholars, and so how did God do this? There's some interesting stories in the Bible that may sort of involve a form of time travel, Like with Jesus on the Mount to Transfiguration, he's glowing like the sun. He's with Moses and Elijah, and they are also glowing like the sun. And if you go back to Exodus, when Moses is on outside, you get in the Ten Commandments. He also comes down in a shining like that they have to put a vail across a similar short with Elijah. So did Jesus bring them from the past to the Mount of Transfiguration? You know, it's sort of like a time travel or did they come from heaven? But there's a whole bunch of stuff like that in the Bible, So you know, we know that God's outside of time space. He controls everything. He's in control. And so that's sort of the theme of the book is you'll take a little while to explain it, but is this our Nineva moment? I did this interview with Billy Graham back in twenty thirteen when he said, when God sent the prophet Jodah to Nineva toward the judgment, the king and the people repented and he'd lead the same thing can happen again this time in America. And that's the thing that runs through the whole Bibles, you know, repent and turned back to God. And so then we my second book, Trump Poxlessly called for a national Day repentance, inspired by you know, Billy Graham's. The event actually happened, a big event called the Return on the National Mall. Quarter million people showed up, forty two million people watched it. And then we just had this eclipse April eighth, went to all these towns called Ninevah. So that's the scene that runs through the Trump Code. Is this our nonimal moment, our chance to turn back to God? Could we see a big turnaround? You know, if President Trump's elected. Can we see this revival grow? Can we see a positive future? I think you know, God's put the ball in our court.
Speaker 1: Right and that's where it's been all along. But sometimes we as stubborn, stupid humans, need a little nudging. Roy Anderson Trump Code exploring time travel and the Trump lineage is the book.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for taking a few minutes out.
Speaker 3: With me, Troy, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Jeff uh huh, you got it. It's the Nightcap.
Speaker 21: He's a seven hundred Wow, Orange and Black season pre you sponsored by Jake Sweeney Automotive, serving the Tri State for over one hundred years. Plumb type plumbing, heating, cooling and drains. Visit plumbtipe dot com. No your host, Moe Egger.
Speaker 22: Two years after the Bengals and Eagles both played on Conference Championship Sunday, these two teams will collide at Pey Course Stadium this October. After melting down toward the end of last season, the Eagles were one of this offseason's busiest teams in free agency, with a flurry of activity that was highlighted by the acquisition of star running back Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 2: Barkley will surely provide.
Speaker 22: A test against the Cincinnati defense that must be better this season.
Speaker 2: Against the run.
Speaker 22: This week eight game looms as a battle of legitimate Super Bowl hopefuls. It's the Bengals and Eagles at Pei Corpse Stadium on Sunday afternoon, October the twenty seventh at four to twenty five.
Speaker 21: Oh has more on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Get ready to win your way to Our next.
Speaker 1: Guest is someone who knows about Orange is the New Black or whatever? I guess a political prisoner of war right here in the United States of America. Was Was he a Russian spy? No, I guess they could have made that up. Was he Was he a Chinese communist spy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, he was a state senator from Indiana, our next door neighbor here in Ohio and Kentucky, and elected by the people that he represented proudly. And all because he was a reporter of President Trump and would not help the witch hunters indict President Trump with information that they were trying to extract from him, they sent him to the Slammer ten months in federal prison. If you've ever wondered what it's like to be in federal prison, here's a guy who can give you an insight, not that you want it, but you know, just be forewarned is forearmed, like we always say. The author of POW Prisoner of Washington, one and only, Brent Waltz, joins us, how you doing, Brent?
Speaker 23: I am doing great. Thanks for having me on your show today.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's great to have you on this show.
Speaker 1: So what exactly did they convict you of or book you for or put you in prison?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 23: I had been a state senator for three terms, so for twelve years, and I had run for Congress in twenty sixteen. I lost the election, and after my primary was over, a very good friend of mine who had actually supported one of my my opponents.
Speaker 12: In the in the congressional race.
Speaker 23: In fact, he was supporting the Indiana Attorney General who I was running against at the time, had announced that he was Donald Trump's campaign finance chairman for Indiana for twenty sixteen and had raised about a million dollars a little over a million dollars in one evening for a you know, at an event with Donald Trump at a fundraiser in central Indiana. And by the most amazing of coincidences, as soon as that had happened, the FBI calls me, they want to meet with me, and they're not that interested in anything.
Speaker 12: That I've done.
Speaker 23: Like I said, I've tried to lead a pretty clean life when it comes to, you know, staying on the correct side of the law. I went to law school, I made laws for twelve years, and so I'd say those aspects are pretty boring at least in terms of my life. But they were hoping that in somewhere in the twenty five years that I had known, you know, my friend Rod Radcliffe, that I would be willing to give something up to them, specifically about legislation that Rod had advocated for the legalization of marijuana. And I just thought that was ridiculous. So I had opposed the legalization of marijuana.
Speaker 12: I still do.
Speaker 23: I think it's a very bad public policy, and I voted against the legislation that Rod had been advocating. So when they were trying to pressure me and you know kind of you know, do the whole intimidation factors, leaning in and raising voices and you know, threatening me, they didn't get very far and their next solution was since that didn't work, they then started going over all of my campaign finance forms, my tax personal and business tax returns, basically hoping they could find something that they could then leverage, hoping that I would know something, you know, on my friend of twenty five years. And at that point they lined up several other people that they were in investigating, one of whom was the general counsel of the company that Rod was chairman of, A gentleman by the name of John Keeler, my co defendant in this case, and in his circumstances, he had signed off on a professional service contract for Rod's company. It was apparently mischaracterized should have been a campaign contribution, was labeled a professional service contract. There was about a fourteen thousand dollars tax liability that was owed because of this. Now, this is a company that did seven hundred and twenty million dollars that year, but because of the fourteen thousand dollars federal tax liability because it was above ten thousand dollars, John Keeler was indicted and is now a convicted felon and served six weeks at the terre Haute Federal Prison on the West side of Indiana.
Speaker 12: This is the mentality that.
Speaker 23: We have and a very similar dynamic with me involving campaign finance. There was a gentleman who had done some political consulting for me by the name of Kelly Rodgers, had been charged with an unrelated issue for some work he had done in Virginia in one of the political campaigns over there. And even though he told the FBI that he had given more money than he should have legally to me that I was not aware of it, that he intentionally hid that fact from me, and he said that three separate interviews with the FBI. Somehow those statements never made it to the grand jury, and I was indicted and things went went from there. So you know, when you see what's happened to Paul Maniford and Roger Stone and Peter Navarro, Michael Flynn, and of course Donald Trump, you know it's more.
Speaker 12: Than just an amazing coincidence unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, and I'm talking going back to twenty sixteen, in the aftermath of that presidential election, I had many conversations with a great man named Jerome Corsi. He was also in with the group with Roger Stone and these other guys, and the FBI and the authorities pressured him, and his contention was, I'm a Christian and I don't lie, and I refused to lie for them in testimony about these codes and other things that were going that they were pressing him on strictly because he was a Republican and a Trump supporter, and he just he fought and won. He never actually was incarcerated. So tell me about ten months at Ashland? How was that, Brent Well?
Speaker 12: I was sentenced to ten months.
Speaker 23: I spent and I'm using the term only, which is kind of funny, but only one hundred and seventy six days, so about five and a half months a little over. That was not a horrible experience. There were certainly parts that were unpleasant. When I first arrived, I had not had a COVID vaccine, and so when I, you know, turned myself in, as a person does at these minimum security camps, I was asked if I had had a COVID vaccine. I truthfully said no, I haven't, and they said, well, we're gonna have to put you in quarantine. And so quarantine was a six foot by eight foot prison cell, a true prison cell, right about three inches of fecal matter around the toilet had never been cleaned, or hadn't been cleaned in a very long time, and I stayed there for ten days without being released for any exercise, without being released for any reason whatsoever. I'd asked for books, and of course the guard said, oh, yeah, we'll bring you the They have a rack that's you know. They kind of move around and say, yeah, we'll bring you the rack, the book rack later today, And of course that never happened. So I spent a week and a half in a six by eight foot box. That's when I decided to be inspired and start writing my book, literally on the first day that I was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got nothing else going on, you might as well exactly right.
Speaker 12: I had nothing better to do.
Speaker 2: What do you do in these days?
Speaker 12: Brent Well, I'm an investment banker.
Speaker 23: Had started my investment banking company back in the mid nineteen nineties, mostly focusing on venture capital and and private equity.
Speaker 12: And so I've been doing that.
Speaker 23: And the good news is because you always wonder in a situation like this, what will client reactions be and what will people's reaction be professionally, right, are you going to be ostracized? And I have been thrilled by the response that I've had from existing clients before all this began that were supportive of me and new clients that I've been able to procure some pretty fun and exciting business projects that are in the pipeline. So that has not really stopped my stop, you know, has not really stopped me in terms of my my financial going on, and well, if anything, it's inspired me to go forward, maybe a little stronger and more a little more fast, if you will, a little faster than I might otherwise have done.
Speaker 1: The book is pow Prisoner of Washington. The author is Brent Waltz, and thank you for your time, Brent interesting, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: You appreciate it.
Speaker 8: News, Traffic and Weather, News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 24: The Classified Documents case isn't gone yet, Well the eleven o'clock reports, I'm Lee mawin breaking now. Special counsel Jack Smith aims to resurrect the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump. He's appealing last month's decision by Judge Aileen Cannon to dismiss the case. ABC News National correspondent Stephen Portnoy has the latest.
Speaker 15: The Special council says Judge Eileen Cannon was wrong to toss the classified Documents case Cannon ruled the Jack Smith's appointment violated the Constitution because he wasn't confirmed by the Senate the way you attorneys are. Smith's appeal to the Eleventh Circuit Court points to a long tradition of outside attorneys taking on cases within the Justice Department, describing Cannon's ruling as strained, nonsensical and without the support of text, context, history, or common sense.
Speaker 24: Legal experts have criticized Canon before over handling on the case and an unusual amount of decisions seen as beneficial for Trump. These experts also say the ruling, which Cannon argues is illegitimate because Smith was unlawfully appointed by Attorney General Merrick Garland and never confirmed, runs counter to decades of legal precedent set by other judges and courts dating back to the Watergate scandal. The Eleventh Circuit has already overturned Canon twice prior to Trump's indictments. Now, the latest traffic and whether together still have those disabled vehicles on the right shoulder again northbound seventy one seventy five at Mount Zion Roads exit and southbound seventy one seventy five at Richwood Roads exit, both in boone County. No accident is to report. However, you're looking good since an Now.
Speaker 13: The latest forecast from the Advanced Dentistry Weather Center Advance Dentistry, the judgment free dental experience you've been looking for, No fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 11: Another warm night here in the Tri State, only cooling to seventy one in the overnight hours. The sky is mostly clear, it's just not all that comfortable out and tomorrow, who is it going to be hot and a bit more humid outside. Our high of ninety seven is going to feel like one hundred to one hundred and four degrees. So that's why we are under a heat advisory starting at the noon hour for Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. We're only cooling to seventy one. Again from your Severe Weather Station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Catchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: Along with that heat advisory for the Try State, which goes until eight o'clock Wednesday night, we have an air quality alert for the entire Tri State until Wednesday at midnight. It's currently seventy seven degrees and nothing's on the radar. One Indiana woman is facing charges after an investigation accuses her of stealing over fifty thousand dollars from an employer. Sixty one year old Jennifer Fullen Camp arrested Friday for healing money from shield or Fordontics in Batesville, and investigation explained full and Camp convinced patients to pay in cast for a discount on their bill, then alter their files to hide the money. Duke Energy has been levied a one point four to five million dollar fine by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio for repeat violations of State Administration Code while committing over one hundred thousand errors since twenty twenty two. It's part of a revised settlement proposal from PUCO staff on August twelfth to address ongoing issues with the Customer Connects software system. One year after installing the new system, PUCO staff reported one hundred and six thousand, four hundred and fifty three errors, majority of those not receiving a price to Compare message tool to help shop for the best prices. So far in twenty twenty four, however, there's only been thirty complaints of their billing practices. Duke Energy has released a statement reporting many of these issues raised by the settlement have been fixed.
Speaker 2: Rid's update off day today, now.
Speaker 24: Preparing for a three game series against the Oakland Athletics. Our coverage starts up tomorrow with the inside pitch of five point forty on the Big One six forty. First pitch starter to be announced. Bengals update the team has wave defensive end Justin Blazik. That's now twelve players wave since the last preseason game, meaning the Bengals still need to make twenty one moves before hitting the fifty three player mark. All NFL rosters must be down to fifty three players by four o'clock tomorrow Eastern time. Our next update is at eleven thirty. I'm Lee mawin news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 1: It's so hot in size into the nightcap another hour here on seven hundred WLW, and joining us in this segment has become one of my new favorite guests. She is the head the founder of Inalienable University, and she says in Reenable in Allenable University UH. And her name is Jenna Massili. She is a lawyer. She is a freedom fighter for sure in the truest sense of the word. And she says, at Giannat Gennamaseli dot com, every agreement with government agencies lacks full and honest disclosure of the terms, so it enslaved you, thus violating your inalienable rights. And here we go, Gianna, how are you?
Speaker 25: I am always fantastic. Thank you. What a great introduction.
Speaker 1: I told you before we started that you became one of my favorite guests. The second you said that you didn't pay income tax and you don't need a license to drive, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, that, yes, freedom.
Speaker 3: Who was that?
Speaker 2: Who was that guy? Uh, what was the name?
Speaker 1: Irwin Schwartz or whatever, famously didn't pay taxes and wound up going to prison.
Speaker 25: Irwin shift, Yeah, you know, when I get time, I'll read the book because people throw it in my face all the time. And I'm like, if you're a taxpayer and you agreed to the contract and you don't fulfill it, you have committed tax evation. If you have exited the contract, there is no more agreement, so there is no tax EVAs And people like, what do you mean the contract you signed a piece of paper shilled out a W four W two's even a ten ninety nine, Like, I get a ten ninety nine for my credit card processor, but I am responsible for my own taxes. I exited the system. I didn't even announce my departure until like two years ago. But I departed in nineteen ninety nine. You know, we can never talk about this too much because someone just asked me yesterday. I read the bottom line under the line that you sign upon and it said this is the first time I made over six figures I had. I was on a ten ninety nine. I'm like, oh, I got to pay these taxes because I didn't know anything then. And I read the line under the signature area and it said, under penalty of perjury, you understand what you're signing. And I said, you know what, I don't understand this. I'm not going to be a liar just to go along with the sheep. And I did not sign it. I did not send them any money, and I've never heard from them again.
Speaker 2: So and this was on a ten ninety nine. Yeah, this is on a ten ninety nine forms.
Speaker 1: But employers require you to fill out a W four when you begin employment.
Speaker 2: Should you just not work?
Speaker 25: Should you take them?
Speaker 2: So what's that you fill it out exempt.
Speaker 25: You fill it out exempt, and sometimes they give you perspective because they don't understand what's going on. So we have in our tax class what the employer's responsibility is, and we take the text and the codes and put them right back at them. They as the corporation, have their own responsibilities to pay their taxes, but they are not by the IRS, where they have the responsibility to collect your money for the IRS. So we get very few pushback on it because most places are using third party payment structures like ADP and paychecks, and so when you're going in to change your tax forms, you're not even seeing a human being who can argue with you, and they just get accepted. So we have you come in the membership. You'll see tons of people. There's hundreds of people in that class. And when they get their next check with that had no taxes taken out, they posted I take a screenshot. We have a testimonials area and you can meet these actual real people and have conversations, and the longer you stay, the more people you'll meet, and you will be very comfortable that this is reality.
Speaker 1: Gianna Masseli is our guest here for this segment. On the nightcap. I'm looking at this book Freedom, which I love, the Patriot Playbook to Restoring your rights and freedom.
Speaker 2: And there's a quote from Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: As you look at the cover of the book, we are transferring power from Washington, d c. And giving it back to you, the people. Do you believe that Donald Trump actually believes that? And does he think that this can be a reality And do you think he's even a believer in any of this?
Speaker 25: Yes, I absolutely do.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 25: I was there at the inauguration at the moment that sentence came out of his mouth. I got a last minute invitation the day of to the inauguration. Someone canceled with like a tour group that I knew that was going, and they're like, if you can get here, you can get a ticket in a free room. Like, oh my god, who's going to watch my dog? But I worked it out and so I was there at the moment in time that sentence came out, and you you know, it's a vibration. Yet he absolutely does feel this. And now we can look back, we'd seven years eight years later now almost, and we can look back what has been going on? So did you know have you heard the story of these generals came to him, you know, when Obama was in office like twenty twelve, and asked him to run and said, what was going on that the government was being subverted. We're always under military authority. They're always going to preserve and protect a constantution. And people say, that's how this whole thing came about. But now look back at the Supreme Court appointments. I mean, that's the most important thing that anyone can do. And now that we've had these amazing Supreme Court rulings like the Chevron and the JERQUESTI, We've got the Bruin and the Lobra. I know, anybody listening doesn't know what they are. I'm like, I'm a nerd, so I'm happy to tell you what they are.
Speaker 3: The Bruin.
Speaker 1: The Bruin is the Second Amendment case, the Chevron. The Chevron stripped power from these agencies who thought that they were the government when they were unelected and appointed in these you know, billion dollar, multi billion dollar bureaucracies in Washington. So I'm familiar with those two for sure.
Speaker 25: Right, and the Jerketti went under the radar, and it's huge, it's huge, Okay, Judge Justice Gorsage has on a book tour right now, and he's all over saying what everyone's afraid to say, The people are sovereign and then people, oh, you're a sovereign citizen, Well, what does that mean. I just posted a great post on x if anybody wants to go look at it that talks about defending the sovereign citizen accusations because it's absolute nonsense. Judge Gorsich stated in that ruling, that's the very reason we went to the Revolutionary War was because the British attempted to evade the American cries. These are his words. By siphoning adjudication to juryalists, admiralty, Vice admiralty, and chan three courts and those are all the courts right now that are Article one administrative courts, traffic court, state court, even federal district court sounds fancy, but it's not. It's still an administrative court, which means it requires a contract to do business with you. I would never go to any of these courts. And then also in this Jiachetti, this is what he wrote. He wrote affirmed that actions involving private rights such as common law fraud now fraud is everything imposed upon us from these agencies under Chevron must be heard by an Article three court. I'm reading from the text. Congress cannot conjure away the Seventh Amendment by mandating that traditional legal claims be taken to an administrative tribunal. That means the Seventh Amendment is your right to a common law jury. And right now, the entire legal system of the United States of America, except for Article three courts, which are like a handful, is administrative and they don't have it set up to give you what is your Seventh Amendment right. And we've been saying you have no rights in these courts. But if you don't know how to stand up for that, they're going to pull you in through scarce, scaring you and the fancy language and sending you summons. Is so in the university, we teach you how to stand up. I just made a class last night called how to Challenge a misdemeanor because of a family friend this got hit with a ridiculously fraud misdemeanor. I don't know how much time you have, but like you know, he got in the pushing match with some guy over road rate Like they just pushed each other. Nobody's hurt.
Speaker 22: Is it wrong?
Speaker 25: Yes, you know, stupid for grown men to do that, But no one's hurt. But the guy called the police. He told the police the story. The police put on a warrant that he was the prosecutor. He's listed as the prosecutor who issued the warrant, which they issued after they came to the door and arrested my friend. You got to come to the door with the warrant, and you can only get a warrant by a complaint signed by an actual victim. And then this person who's the deputy sheriff, claims to be the prosecutor and swears under penalty of perjury that this incident happened that he never witnessed. Now, most people are not going to know that, and they're going to allow themselves to be arrested. They're going to postpond and they're going to wait to see what happens and hire an attorney. So of course I called and I said, what's the status of this case? Well, right now, if they have their fancy term in Georgia State Court on a cue, okay, what does that mean? I'm asking them to make it clear, Well, right now until the solicitor because the prosecutor is now the solicitor, since they like to change hats until the solicitor decides to move forward with charges like does she have a complaint, does she have evidence? Which they don't right now. It's just like in Limbo. But the meantime he went to jail, he had his mugshot taken. He put up twelve hundred and seventy dollars. He was humiliated in front of his family and all the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Saw hell Man Giannamasilly dot com, Giannamassili dot com.
Speaker 2: If you need help spelling, email me. I will titch you the information you need.
Speaker 25: Well, you know what I did. You know what I did. I made it for these radio shows. I got Gianna and scotta nd dot com just because you know, people might not know how to spell my name. I got to make it easy for people.
Speaker 2: Ye, the people, the people, for the people.
Speaker 25: I thank you.
Speaker 1: If I am ever in a tight spot, I will definitely call you for legal advice.
Speaker 25: Thank you so much, Thank you so much. Have a great night.
Speaker 2: You do you too. He's gonna take us to the house.
Speaker 26: Jamar Chase Hot sixty.
Speaker 21: The twenty twenty boards Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 26: Choe Burrow with us third touchdown that he caught it in the one, spun around and shocked into the.
Speaker 21: The Bengals play on seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 2: Be down touch down.
Speaker 21: Of the best Bengals coming.
Speaker 1: Wl w our next guest is a presidential historian. He's the author of the new book The Power and the Money, the epic clashes between Commanders in Chief and Titans of industry. And he says, I see he has some authority to say this and some leg to stand on when he says that big business has been instrumental in electing Democrats. Supposedly, the party that tells us that they're for the middle class and the little guy, always seems to cozy up to the big corporate names that they claim are so evy and evil and greedy in their campaigns, especially this one with Kamala Harris announcing to raise the corporate tax rate to like twenty eight percent, which will drive the corporations crazy and out of the country. The question is can Republicans win them back over the Democrat party's embrace of communism, which we are seeing in these briefly sketched economic policies.
Speaker 2: So far from the Harris Camp. What little we've seen.
Speaker 1: Tebby Troy is with us, the author of the book in our Presidential Historian. Good evening and welcome to the show, Tebvy.
Speaker 27: Thanks for having me to talk about the power of the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the power and the money it always seems, you know. And here's a great example of the government and big corporations teaming up together during COVID in the lockdowns. You know that all of the businesses that were allowed to operate were all the big name big box stores. The mom and the pops were forced to shutter. But government let the big corporate stores, those big titans of business, stay open.
Speaker 2: Did they not?
Speaker 27: Well, yeah, because they have lobbyists and they have access, and there's a limited number of these huge corporations and there's an infinite number of small businesses and they can't all have a voice, and so that has this impact where the big companies get some of these legs up sometimes and the small companies suffer. The other thing is that with regulations, complexity is the subsidies, and the more regulations you have, the harder it is for a small business.
Speaker 3: But a big.
Speaker 27: Company with all kinds of regulatory employees and lawyers. They know how to deal with the regulations and they can cope better.
Speaker 2: They can around those issues in the past. Though.
Speaker 1: It's true, and as a presidential historian, was Barack Obama good for big business?
Speaker 3: I'll give you an interesting example.
Speaker 27: So Obamacare passes in twenty ten, and he was going after the insurance companies left and right.
Speaker 3: Oh, the insurance companies are so terrible.
Speaker 14: The affordable character is supposed to take care of the insurance companies.
Speaker 27: If you had bought an index fund of just health insurance companies when it passed, you would have made a mint because they benefited from the way the law played out. They were involved in the negotiations. More people had to buy insurance as a result of Obamacare, and they made more money.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump came from big business, so was he effective in calling them over to his side during his term? And Canny Kenny gained their favor again. And if he becomes president.
Speaker 27: Well, it's kind of interesting with and he does come from business, so he has some policies that are beneficial to business. But at the same time, the massive corporations today are less the industrial companies of yesteryear, but more the tech companies of the West Coast in Silicon Valley, and those companies have very liberal employee bases, and those employee bases did not like Donald Trump. So that incentivized the companies to be hostile to Trump. You know, some of them went a slightly different direction. In Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg tried to build relationships with Trump, but even then he had trouble with his staff. And there was an incident I talk about in The Power Money where White House staffers were snickering at Zuckerberg saying, Zuckerberg wants to be with us, but he's afraid of his staff.
Speaker 1: Well, you know some of these tech companies, you know, it's specifically Elon Musk with his resounding not only endorsement of Donald Trump, but also the contributions to the Trump campaign that he has promised, and some of these other West Coast tech corporations. Companies seem to be turning around a little bit, don't they.
Speaker 27: Well, Elon Musk, if you think about it, he moved to Texas. Yeah, so his workforce isn't quite as liberal. But Musk was made by a democratic administration. He was made by Obama. Obama visited him in Florida to highlight SpaceX and Obama's green incentives helped build and develop Tesla. And still to this day, Musk has not voted for a Republican for president. I know he's endorsed Trump for twenty four but he doesn't have voted for him. And so Musk kind of knew that the Democrats were the right party for him for his business for a number of years.
Speaker 1: Well, with what you're saying, doesn't it appear then that Democrats, I mean, I know eighty of some eighty percent of Americans work for some kind of corporation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do.
Speaker 2: Do you think that.
Speaker 1: It illustrates, it should illustrate to the American voter that Democrats are really the big core for sucker ruppers.
Speaker 2: And President Trump is for the people.
Speaker 1: It seems to be more outlined than ever the average person, the middle class person.
Speaker 27: It is true there's a lot of sucking up or collaboration in meshument between big business and big government. But you also have the Bernie Sanders winning of the party talking about the corporations and the millionaires and billionaires, and you have Elizabeth Warren. So there's a lot of corporate bashers on the Democratic side as well, and in fact, for a long time the Republicans were the party of big business. And in these days, with Republicans critical of big business as well as Democrats, big business says, well, the Democrats don't like us, the Republicans don't like us, so we don't really know where to.
Speaker 1: Go right the power and the money, the epic clashes between commanders in chief and titans of industry. Tabby Troy is the author and our guest. And what do you see in the future. I mean, do you see that some of these corporate interests turning around and realizing that what's good for the country is also good for them, and maybe they will come to separate themselves from some of these really really communist Marxist policies that so far the Kamala Harris campaign has been dishing out.
Speaker 27: Yeah, it's interesting you say that about looking towards the good of the country. I have a number of instances in the book where CEOs who are not necessarily friends with the president in charge of the time collaborated with the president in order to do something good for the country. This goes back to JP Morgan helped bail the US out of two financial crises, crises in the eighteen nineties and nineteen hundreds, and then you had JB. Diamond worked with the Bush administration on the financial bailout. You also had Henry Ford, who hated Franklin Roosevelt, but he built the largest armaments factory for World War Two and collaborated a little unhappily, but collaborated with Roosevelt on that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. The books out now.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely out now. You can get an Amazon or wherever, fine book.
Speaker 2: All right, Tevy Troy, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 14: Thank you, you got it.
Speaker 1: We will close out with the fur Ball Andy Furman coming up right after the news on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 24: First day of the trial of the biggest merger of grocery stores in the States with the eleven thirty reports.
Speaker 2: I'm Ley mawin breaking now.
Speaker 24: The Kroger Albertsons versus FTC case got underwhite today in Portland, Oregon, as ABC's Daria Albinger has details.
Speaker 28: Back in October of twenty twenty two, Kroger and Albertson's proposed what would be the largest supermarket merger in US history. They said it would help them compete against big rivals like Costco and Walmart.
Speaker 2: The FTC doesn't agree.
Speaker 28: It's suing to prevent the twenty four point six billion dollar deal, thing it would eliminate competition and raise grocery prices. A lawyer for Albertson says the merger is also necessary for its survival, that the company may have to layoff workers and closed stores if the merger isn't allowed to proceed.
Speaker 2: Daria Albinger ABC News. The two companies spent Monday defending the merger.
Speaker 24: Robinson's told the judge it may have to lay off workers, closed stores, and even leave markets if the plan merger falls through. Albertson's attorney, Inu Mangini, said they can't compete with large arrivals with national scale, but joining Kroger helps them against the competition. Meantime, labor unions express concerns that potential store closers would create food and pharmacy deserts for customers that can't get to these stores easily. FDC's chief trial consul Susan Muster sent or opening argument. This lawsuit is part of an effort aimed at helping Americans feed their families. Now the latest traffic and weather together. Those disabled vehicles in North Kentucky have been removed. No accidents to report. You're looking good, Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Now the ladies forecast from the Train heating and cooling weathers on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Not a lot of relief in the overnight hours. We're only cooling to seventy one. This sky will be mostly clear and tomorrow still sunny, but just hot outside your high ends up at ninety seven, it'll feel like one hundred to one hundred and four, which officially puts us into a heat advisory. This is going to be in effect for both Tuesday and Wednesday, so make sure you're staying hydrated. From your Singer Weather station, I'm nine first morning meet around with just Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: That heat advisory goes until Wednesday at eight. There's also an air quality alert that will be activated midnight and that'll go until midnight Wednesday. Also for high school football this Friday, some games have been pushed back, as such Hamilton at Lakota West. That's now I believe an eight, twenty first kick. It's currently seventy seven degrees and radar is empty. Four juveniles were arrested after crashing their vehicle into a gun store and swiping multiple firearms Sunday morning, Union Township Lace called to the Sportsman's Warehouse just after six officers found multiple people using a stolen vehicle to crash into the storefront then swipe numerous firearms. A white Honde then sped away, then crashed on East Kate Boulevard, where all four were eventually apprehended. All four sin the Claremont County Detention Center facing multiple charges, including a first degree felony a theft of firearms from a federally licensed dealer. Police believe these four are linked to previous incidents, including the two shops hit in Florence. If you recently bought apple juice from Walmart, you might have some that's recalled.
Speaker 2: Here's ABC's Derek Dennis.
Speaker 13: Walmart has recalled nearly ten thousand cases of Great Value brand Apple juice sold in twenty five states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. The juice was found to contain potentially harmful levels of arsenic. The FDA is given the recall more urgent classification after announcing its original alert two weeks ago. The new classification says the affected product may temporarily cause adverse health consequences, but is unlikely to cause serious or irreversible medical issues. Derek Dennis ABC News.
Speaker 2: Twenty four States, Washington, d C.
Speaker 24: And Puerto Rico are all affected, and that does include the Tri state area, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. Our next update is at midnight. E'mley mawin News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: We had the appetiser last week. Now it's time to feast. College football is back. Don't miss any of the action. Jump in with Draftking Sportsbook. It's a full slate of games.
Speaker 1: Rep or something like that. Gary Jeff a little bit lost in the ether. Tonight's seven hundred WLW. It's the night cap, and yes, it would not be a complete show without this guy. Our voice of radio sports in Cincinnati for decades now, and you can hear him on Fox Sports thirteen sixty on Sunday mornings. He writes and works for the Point Arc. You'll hear his hear his voice here whenever I have a show, which is sorry to say, rare, and he writes for the Northern Kentucky Tribune and the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, and it's what all he does is work.
Speaker 2: Andy Fourman is back with us. Hi for a ball.
Speaker 18: He made it sound rather depressing.
Speaker 3: I kind of like what I do.
Speaker 18: But I've fun and.
Speaker 3: Work.
Speaker 18: You have been on a month, you know, really I make up for you at lost time. Do you haven't been on a month?
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy. Well it's crazy.
Speaker 18: You know there's not gonna be There won't be any postseason Reds Baseball, so you'll be on.
Speaker 1: The problem is not only do I miss doing the show and I miss talking to you and talking to anyone who's listening, but I am broke because if I don't work, I don't get paid. People think that radio people make an extraordinary amount of money, and you know, and I know that's not true. Not everybody gets Willy money, not everybody gets Mike McConnell money.
Speaker 2: I certainly do not.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm just weeks away from being on the breadline, so I you know, I really need tonight, So don't blow it.
Speaker 18: Fort's let's continue on that. Let's continue on that topic because the McConnell's and the cunning Hams of the world, at least at seven hundred are kind of like the quarterbacks in the NFL. They eat up all the money on the pie and there's nothing left. That's why guys like Jamar Chase have to sit out and not play. And look, it's the only business in the world where you could say, I want more money, tear up my contract, I'm not going to play, and they stand on the sidelines and they're no shows in shows.
Speaker 3: Whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: You and I did that.
Speaker 18: They say, there's the door.
Speaker 2: Right hit the bricks, mister, you're done.
Speaker 18: And here's the thing, which I don't think a lot of people understand, and let me clear the air for them. Many people can do the same functions in life. That doesn't necessarily means you're gonna get the same paycheck. Look, you do the same functions as Bill Cunningham, you don't get the same paycheck. So many Look, you could be a news anchor in the with Minnesota and a news anchor in Chicago did not get in the same amount of money. That's just the way they funccheck.
Speaker 1: But they're both freezing because they're in Duluth, Minnesota, and Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 2: So I don't want either, Jake, right, no matter what the paycheck is.
Speaker 1: I like I like warm weather, and we're in the middle of a string of ninety plus degree days.
Speaker 2: I like it hot. Andy. What about you?
Speaker 18: You like the Schwids, You like to swift?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 18: I got a topic here that's go make your head spin. I really, I mean I read it and I.
Speaker 1: Can't believe in wait, my university were permitted like Linda Blair and The Exorcist like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's a three sixty or a one eighty. I don't remember.
Speaker 14: I'm not too sure about it.
Speaker 2: Anybody, Go ah, here's the deal.
Speaker 18: Let's go about the University of Colorado, all right. They decided to muzzle muzzle of sports columns from the Denver Post. His name is Sean Killer.
Speaker 2: People why they put a muzzle?
Speaker 18: They like, there's Deon Sanders the coach kind of thought he was, and he wrote a couple of you know, columns criticizing Deon Sanders in his football program, and you know, and some of his columns use the terms like Deon's a false prophet and Deon's deposition Dion call him Planet Prime. Bruce Lee of BS The Dion, kool Aid and Circus. This guy is pretty talented. I'm gonna start reading this guy. Sean Tieler in the Denver Post, right right. I'd like to write. I like to write some of that stuff. But here's the deal.
Speaker 3: In this day and age, you gonna have.
Speaker 18: The university of both things, a university knowless guy that teachers journalists and teachers free sleech are fair play. They're gonna say that their football coach is banning a columnist.
Speaker 3: He's he's permitted to go to the.
Speaker 18: Postgame news conferences and practice, but he's not permitted to ask any questions to Deon Sanders, the coach, or any football personnel on the staff. Tell me that's normal in this day and age. Look, I get it, you know, maybe Deonda doesn't like what he's writing, but at least let the guy ask the question and if you don't want to answer and say no comment. Bill Belichick has done that for years. Nick Staban has done that for years. So why can't you do that?
Speaker 3: Diana?
Speaker 18: You above that I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I really don't. You know.
Speaker 2: I don't get it either.
Speaker 1: And for this reason, Andy, when you are writing and your job, part of your job is to provide commentary on stories that are you know, pertinent to your readership, or when you're on the air and you're you're doing stuff and you're doing commentary, and that's what you're paid to do, and somebody in power does not like it.
Speaker 2: They do not all they can do.
Speaker 1: They could sue you if they wanted to, if you did anything to actually legally defame them, or they could just turn their back on you the next time you need an interview or need a favor your persona on grande.
Speaker 2: But they can't silence you. They shouldn't be able to silence.
Speaker 18: They're doing it in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Man, here's the same point.
Speaker 1: The federal government has vieral government has been doing it in collusion with big tech on the social media sites. There's evidence of this now, Andy, So it shouldn't happen in any either regard.
Speaker 18: I agree, But here's the deal. I wouldn't blame the athletic directors. I go all the way up to the president. The president of the University of Colorado should be ashamed and embarrassed that this school right now is getting the publicity and the notoriety that they're getting, because it's an embarrassment. It really is. Let the guy sean, what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I say it's gonna happen. They're gonna a bend and break.
Speaker 18: They're gonna come out with a statement from Colorado saying we're going to permit it to come in and they're gonna sit the Deon. However, I did reach some material saying that Deon Sanders had this in his contract that he has the power to yay or nay various media people that cover the team. I mean, come on, I get it. He's done some wonderful things at Colorado as far as the getting notoriety there, increasing enrollment, getting pr increasing the ticket sales. No one used to go to Colorado football games. They're on TV now together but waiting list of tickets. He's done all that. But you know what, he better win. He better win this year. But he didn't do any four and eight last year. Didn't do anything last year.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, and here's the thing with Dion and every other college coach, major college coach in this country, uh and an assistant coaches, the recruiters or whatever, it's never been tougher than it is now because of all the new rules about paying college athletes. Uh, there's a new book by Armin Katayan and John Tulty. I will have John Tolty on the Nightcap next Monday on Labor Day on the book The Price What it Takes to Win in College Football's Era of Chaos.
Speaker 2: And you know, Dion Sanders is a diva. We've known that for thirty five years. Andy.
Speaker 1: He he doesn't like to be criticized. He wants to be in the spotlight. But he doesn't want to pay the price that comes with that spotlight. And that's the issue right here, I think, what do you think?
Speaker 18: Dautifully said, no, No, The Denver Post has noted they've got a copy of the contract that Deon Sanders has with Colorado University. It requires to get this look at his wording on this. It requires him to speak only with quote mutually agreed upon media that that's unbelievable. Now that that phrasing and that contract does not appear in the contracts of the Colorado men's basketball coach Ted Boyle or the women's basketball coach j R.
Speaker 3: Pain.
Speaker 18: Why is it appear in Deon Sander's contract, I don't get it. And in a separate beef he had with the media earlier this year, he expressed this pleasure to get this with the media company CBS. Now, if you remember about a year ago, CBS nationally A sixty minutes did a two part feature on this guy, making him walk on water. But the local CBS affiliate Denver, the reporter tried to ask a question and Sanders came back and said, quote, CBS, I'm not doing nothing with CBS. Next question, please, you know what it's all.
Speaker 3: It's immature.
Speaker 9: It's like, well, it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it sounds like it sounds like Kamala Harris. Ever since she was just annointed as the presidential candidate for the Democrats, only approved media, no approved media whatsoever.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even talk to any media.
Speaker 18: No, you know, I don't know what's worst. If you tell me what's worse. Is it worse not to talk to the media like she does, or is it worse to be little to media like Donald Trump does? I don't know.
Speaker 1: But Donald Trump will talk. Donald Trump will talk to anybody in the media at any time.
Speaker 18: Conference. The awful just being a hypocrite now because the media has the right to do that.
Speaker 1: With Donald Trump, the national shut up for a second so I can talk the National Association of Black Journalists, which by the way, Kamala Harris was invited to and had agreed to go and then decided not to. Didn't she up? Donald Trump showed up and took crap from them for the entire time. It's not that he believed it. They believed in.
Speaker 18: His mind that you could twist anything twisted.
Speaker 1: That's not twisted. It's true. If you did you actually watch it? Did you actually watch it?
Speaker 3: Andy?
Speaker 2: I did watch it. Did you watch the question?
Speaker 3: Watched?
Speaker 18: He came on there and I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what he said.
Speaker 2: He said, And this is what he said to.
Speaker 18: The ABC Correspondent's up to be African American. He says, Oh, Kamala Harris, Oh, I don't is she Indian?
Speaker 3: Is she black?
Speaker 18: You know one day she's black? When they see I know what that is. And that kind of a man, what kind of a leader would say something like that?
Speaker 2: Come on, but Andy, a little bit, Well you play Andy, I.
Speaker 18: Know you're in love with the guy.
Speaker 25: Talking a little bit, talking.
Speaker 2: Over me doesn't make you right, Andy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: He come on, Kamala Harris as the first Indian president vice president when they sold her in twenty sixteen, and now they're as black. You know what, she may be both you're right, she is unbelievable. And these journalists BJ were bulliing.
Speaker 18: Really, I don't want to get involved with it with you, because it's gonna be the day.
Speaker 3: It's a situation. You're even not gonna talk to one another.
Speaker 2: You're gonna lose.
Speaker 18: No, no, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go.
Speaker 18: Back and forth. You know what, if you want to win, go ahead, say you win. And I'm gonna say one thing right now. They talk about this country being divided. This country is divided, not the course of the two candidates that are running. This country is divided because of talk radio and hosts like you, host like Bill Cunning.
Speaker 2: And I love you guys, I really do.
Speaker 3: Let me how.
Speaker 18: Foolish you people. Let me tell you, let me finish, Let me tell you how foolish you people are by doing this. Every time you stand ahead and back one candidate over another, you're losing fifty percent of your audience. You'll think about that. You know, you gotta go there, go Rah rap for candidate A or raw rava Canadate B. You're losing fifty percent of your audience. That's dividing the country, and you to kill your rating.
Speaker 1: My job, my job, My job is to provide commentary and to express my opinions. Just like the reporter that you were defending in Colorado with Dion Sanders, Dion is a diva. We've already known when you insist on being called prime time, you know, even if you go six and six, I'm sorry, you've got a little bit too much respect for yourself or and no respect for anyone else. And it's the same way with political candidates. And I'm sorry when you're attacked by the media constantly, as President Trump was from the time he came down that staircase in twenty fifteen to now, when you're attacked by the media constantly, in ninety percent of the coverage is a negative, I wouldn't I wouldn't fault him for lashing out at all. And yes, I'm endorsing Donald Trump for president right now tonight.
Speaker 18: Good and God bless you. You're my friend. I appreciate that I'm your friend.
Speaker 2: I'm your friend even though you're.
Speaker 14: Like to I mean what, Okay, here's the deal.
Speaker 18: If you want to say the media is attacking Trump and it's not fair and it's not balanced.
Speaker 3: No, it's fine. He has everything.
Speaker 18: The only person who could blame is himself. He's a convicted felon.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't convicted of January sixth.
Speaker 1: He was convicted of campaign finance violations that were that were already passed the statue of limitations, and they resurrected them in New York in a sham trial.
Speaker 2: In a kangaroo court with a judge that was out to get Trump.
Speaker 3: You're an ear and an.
Speaker 2: Insane person right now, Andy, You're insane. You know I'm insane.
Speaker 18: But you're just putting your connecting diys and don't mean anything. I judge that was hired to get Trump?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 18: You know, I'm going to let you go.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 18: I'm not going down the political area with you. I'm not I'm not switching. I'm not telling you I'm backing. I'm not going to tell you what voting I think. I think voting is a personal situation.
Speaker 2: I do, I do too, but it's also my right.
Speaker 18: You know, it's you know you you waved the Trump flag every time you're on the radio. Were not microphone cracks. It's all Trump. You know, who's even worse than you, Dan Carroll.
Speaker 3: It's my.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've got freedom of speech, and I don't have to be balanced in my opinion.
Speaker 18: Andy, you just said that you're a political commentator, and you balanced it.
Speaker 3: You don't. You admitted it.
Speaker 18: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I did not say I balanced anything. I said that was my opinion. It's my commentary, and it's my right to support whoever I want.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 18: Sure, And it's your right.
Speaker 1: It's your right, you know. And it's your right to not declare who you're going to vote for. You're right, it's a personal choice. It's supposed to be a secret ballot, a private vote, Andy, And that's frine. But I mean, you just started leveling on Trump right away and got me started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did.
Speaker 18: I voted for Trump in the last election.
Speaker 3: I voted to him.
Speaker 18: He used common sense a little bit, because the reason why the media is so much negative towards him because he creates negativity.
Speaker 2: He does come on really well.
Speaker 1: I mean, he could just cackle and ask a serious question and not give an answer. So I guess that's not creating any negativity.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're right about that.
Speaker 18: Are you gonna tell me that JD. Vantage is getting negative press as well?
Speaker 25: And the things that he does.
Speaker 18: They call him Wait a minute, but I want to Yale.
Speaker 1: They call him weird when when the other vice presidential candidate, the other one is a matter of fact, signed a bill into law in his state that allowed tampons and boys bathrooms.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: And he also that.
Speaker 18: Rifle Association back him, and now he's against guns. I mean, I understand, I follow this stuff.
Speaker 3: I do so, so we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't disagree.
Speaker 1: You're just telling me what I should and shouldn't do on the air, and I don't know if that's your place.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm not telling you what to do on the air.
Speaker 18: You've been very successful all these years. You don't need me to tell you what to do. I'm just saying if it was me behind the microphones, I'd be danned if I tell anybody who I'm rooting for politically, because I think I'd lose half my audience. I guarantee you, as much as I love Bill Cunning, him and you and Mike McConnell. You guys and my guys, and I've worked with you guys all these years. I would assume and how you do this, and you could check this. That Bill has looked partial some of his audience because the fact that he's a Trumpster.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he.
Speaker 1: Has any any time you put yourself out there on the line supporting any issue that may be deemed to be a bit controversial, you run the risk of that.
Speaker 3: I know that, no doubt.
Speaker 18: I mean the vaccination was another one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean you were bold.
Speaker 18: You told them, you told the world you were not going to get vaccinated. You were willing to lose your job if iHeartMedia was going down that room.
Speaker 3: Yes, you were willing to do that. For that, I do. I listen, I know what's going on. I know what time it is.
Speaker 2: God bless you, Andy Furman. We're done.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I didn't want to get heated with you.
Speaker 18: Too hot outside anyway.
Speaker 2: It is, have a great night.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 11: America's cheeseburgers, pickup trucks, and rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Don't forget mac and cheese. Nothing more American than mac and cheese. Bill Cunningham is more American than Mac and cheese. Well, yeah, but I'm not going to eat Willy. It would be incredibly rude to eat Bill Cunningham. Plus he's so tough, I doubt he would taste very good. I'm just saying it's much better to listen to Willie than to eat Willy.
Speaker 13: Bill Cunningham tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w L.
Speaker 21: Everyone knows the English perfected the cocktail, but the Bartesian elevated it. Bartesian delivers bar quality cocktails at the touch.