Speaker 1: Welcome to Clippers Talk. I'm at a Mosland another episode. Yeah, I think this is the fourth one so far this week.
Speaker 2: That will end my week, but I want to make sure we gave you something on a Friday.
Speaker 1: It's Friday. Ain't got s to do.
Speaker 2: Actually, I have a lot to do helping out at A five seventy lately working with Fred Rogan.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll have him on at some point.
Speaker 2: I had this spectacular idea, at least I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I haven't told a one yet, but.
Speaker 2: I was going to record Because Fred Rogan is known for disliking the Clippers, or not showing them enough love at least and only talking about the Lakers. He gets a lot of blowback. Understandably, I love Fred, I love producing for him. But I'm thinking when he's in studio for a week, I'm just going to record him every day to start off the day and ask him this, Fred, say something nice about the Clippers.
Speaker 1: What do you got for me today?
Speaker 2: And now I'm going to compile it and put it together in this little TikTok video. Maybe I do have a TikTok as well at Clippers Talk. This is at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side. I'm Adam Osley. You can get to me on Twitter at follow Adam a if you miss some of the shows. Earlier this week, we had Darian Vizsiri dime Dropper, he's known by that. We also had Jamal Christopher Andrew Grife. Coming up next week, I got a few different guests lined up.
Speaker 1: I'm on the hunt.
Speaker 2: I'm going after some big names, like our guest with us today here on a Friday, Big Brother, Jake Warner.
Speaker 1: Is in the house.
Speaker 2: If you weren't watching it on the YouTube side, well you're missing out because I feel like we should both be holding like a cloth in between us right now for a certain meme. I got the blue on and well you can guess what Jake's wearing here for Big Bro, head engineer for Clippers Radio, one of our good friends here. He's part of the TM crew with Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez, and he has worked with some heavy hitters over the years, people much bigger than me.
Speaker 1: Jake, thanks for doing this here on clipperstock Man.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me with all the guests you've had. I feel so minor league man. I'm I'm not worthy, but I'm very honored to be here doing this with you, Adam.
Speaker 1: You know that I'm not worthy. I appreciate you know. It's all love.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for the season to start work with each other again. It's some people call it the grinds, but as Brian Seaman would say, the worst day in the NBA is the best day anywhere else.
Speaker 1: And it's about the people we work with.
Speaker 2: You're not just a coworker, but a good friend of mine, a confident on somebody that I can confide in and trust. Implicitly, we're going to have a good interview here. You know, I got some good questions. I'm not putting you on the super hot seat.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I'm not afraid of anything, bro except on irs and God.
Speaker 4: That's it, man. Everything else is a distant Third.
Speaker 2: Wisdom is fear of the Lord. I think Solomon said that you're on the right track. Then I want to start with this because I heard a little rumor out there.
Speaker 1: People don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they do, but you've been doing a podcast for quite some time. Therapeutic, it's cathartic. It's not just one subject, No, it can be a multitude of things going on in big Brother Jake's life. It's the Big Brother Jake Podcast in the podcast one network. He's also a professor now too, so I'm sure that spills into the podcast and has in the past some of those stories teaching at Mount Sack. You invited me and Carlo in this past year. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: I killed it too, man. They were talking about that awesome ester.
Speaker 1: By the way, it kind of gave me the ish.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Big Brother Jake, I like this gig you got here, night you back. It is fun and it's interesting going back to school, like you're a Rodney Dangerfield without the back to school. But I need to know this is it really over? Is the Big Brother Jake Podcast ending?
Speaker 1: Is it true? Because I can't take it? Are you coming back? Like far?
Speaker 3: No, It's not going to be a Brett Farm situation. I have quit three times times. But you know, I've I've got to do a lot with the Big Brother Jake Podcast. And once I hit one hundred countries, you know where I've been heard and I've had Super Bowl MVPs. You know, Hall of Fame ballplayers, entertainers, you've been on the podcast. You know, no way Ego it's just time. I've enjoyed doing the podcast.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: It's like my baby, but I have other fish I want to fry, so to speak. You know, the podcast means everything to me. It got me through some very hard times personally and even professionally before I went back to radio full time and I've been doing radio going on twenty five years now.
Speaker 4: But it's just time.
Speaker 3: The last episode is going to air on the sixth anniversary on October first of twenty twenty four. But yeah, I just it's just I don't have the same fire. And I said once, I don't have the desire to do it like I I used to. That's when I'll stop. And I think six years is a good stopping point, and I just I love doing it, but it's just time.
Speaker 4: It's just time. So man, sorry.
Speaker 2: As heavy it is like the Cheers finale or something like, Oh, I don't know people are ready for this. You never know what you're missing till they're gone. Jake has a pretty big following with thank You.
Speaker 3: The episode will still be up. I'm not going to get rid of the episodes. Thet'll still be there. So you can revisit an old friend if you want. It's just I won't be making anymore. I made an exception to the rule. If I'm able to get like ice Cube or Dre or Shack or or somebody big to do the podcast, I'll make an exception to doing one off.
Speaker 4: Sure, but every week. No, it's it's time. It's time.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was like a French reunion thing. There was a Fresh Princh reunion thing. You could do one show here and there if there's a big enough guess that.
Speaker 4: Makes sense, I would do that.
Speaker 3: I would do that. I'm open to that for sure. And you know, I was asked to, you know, do I really want to quit? And I'm like I do. And it's nothing against the parent company that that that uh distributes the podcasts or podcast one or anything like that. It's just time and the podcast game is starting to get saturated and I see a lot of things I don't like about it, and it's just I'm just not it's just not for me anymore.
Speaker 4: Like I just I'm not feeling it like that.
Speaker 2: So it does hurt that there's almost a stigma around having a podcast. Yeah, Dona doesn't who doesn't like? Yeah, tell me about your podcast. It's like telling you somebody about your fantasy team. Nobody has, nobody wants to hear about it, exactly.
Speaker 3: Everyone has one. Now it's like six million or something like that. And I don't want to be just lost in the dust. But it was fun. I enjoyed it. I loved it. You know, I'm not I'm open to something in the future, but you know, right now, it's like no, no, no, ru far here man, I'm good with it.
Speaker 4: I'm not. There's no regrets. I've left it all out there on the microphone. I left it on the microphone, man, so.
Speaker 1: Now and the microphone doesn't stop for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, I'm bringing you on here on Clippers Talk and during the season, we always end a show with an appearance from the fake philosopher big Brother Jake Warner. You know, you add you know a high coups BTP would say, or just something positive at the end of the night, something uplifting for the audience. I know we got a contract regarding that, and that is not running out in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: I'm still on here in some places.
Speaker 3: I still host the show for Adam and Doctor Drew on the podcast one network it's the Adam and Doctor Drew Show Classics, so I still host that. I still do some things with Nick Hamilton over at Serious ex Sam and of course the Fake Philosopher, you know, bringing Supreme after at the end of every Clippers talk shows.
Speaker 4: So yes, I'm not going anywhere. Adam, you got me, Bro, you got me as long as I'm still welcome, do you have me?
Speaker 2: We will have a new venue to do some fake Philosopher segments coming up this season. But before we look forward to the end of it, Dome, I know you've gotten your tour in as well. I want to go back to Crypto dot Com arena. It's a really Staples Center and.
Speaker 4: Jess, it's always to me forever.
Speaker 2: What South Figuaro Street means to you, well, just what are some of your best memories, Because if people don't know you've been a head engineer for the Lakers in the Pasty, you are the head engineer for the La Kings as well, so you're gonna have more opportunities there. So it's not a complete goodbye for you, but just I share some of those historical.
Speaker 1: Moments with the listeners because I know you've seen it all.
Speaker 3: I have I've seen quite a bit of work some NBA finals for the Lakers and the Orlando Magic, but there's two games that stand up. And I know I've said this before, I'm gonna keep repeating it, but the two games that stand out, Like to answer your question, Staple Center not Crypto.
Speaker 4: Staple Center means.
Speaker 3: Everything to me because when I'm having a bad day personally, you know, things aren't going right.
Speaker 4: Girl problems, kid problems.
Speaker 3: I could always pull up and Lot SEE and risk my life, but go to Lot C and walk over, and as soon as I get to the doors and go through the curtain and see the wide open arena, all my problems went away.
Speaker 4: And I always knew when I you know.
Speaker 3: Whether it was Noah or Brian or now Carlo and you, I knew when i'd see you guys, it's like we're gonna have a good day to day. So I always enjoyed going to Staple Center to work. I never had a real bad day there. And even if something wasn't working and I'm scrambling, I'm never freaked out. You know, I'm pretty like I got it.
Speaker 4: But it was always fun. We always had a good time.
Speaker 3: We always joked before the game, during the games, after the games, you know, and we're like family, and I'm gonna miss that aspect of going to Staples Center, you know, the two things, the two games that always stand out, of course is Kobe's last game. I worked that game, and I never heard the arena that loud. But to see this man give it all he had, like literally was just out there, just tired as hell and dropping sixty and it was like they won the championship.
Speaker 1: Man, you had the game winner.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing is in the Kobe in his career on a pass and it was like no but that and the Western Conference Finals against the Mavericks man that game and I got goosebumps thinking about it, like you can't see it, but I got some goosebumps. But being there and it was like when we had the play I think partitions because of COVID, but Brian Seeman was there not working, you know, Noah, Eagles there, you and I are there.
Speaker 1: And oh the Terrence Man game game, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, that was like you teh yeah, yeah, goosebumps on Utah sorry yeah.
Speaker 3: And that crowd next to the Kobe game that was the loudest I've ever heard that place. And to see you smiling, Brian Seaman tearing up. Yeah, I put him on blasts. That's okay, he can't fight me. I love you, Brian. But and Noah, We're just sitting there like this is amazing. This is freaking amazing. And seeing all the Cooper faithful on their feet cheering. You know, they weren't able to go in for most of the season because of COVID and all the regulations and all that stuff. And to be able to all be there together and witness that as one collective was one of the highlights of my twenty five year career doing this. Now, I've worked World Series games, I've worked with Vin Scully, I've worked with all kinds of people, Steven Span, everybody.
Speaker 4: But to be there with my guys and witness that moment, oh man, there's nothing like it. Like I would not have wanted to be anywhere else but right there at Staple Center with my guys witnessing that moment. That was so amazing. Bro.
Speaker 2: I think one of the reasons subliminally you were on my mind and I wanted to do this today was because earlier in the week, Jamal Christopher was on comes on Clippers talk. Great guy, great analyst, great basketball mind.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 2: I had mentioned I'm not sure why, I think we were talking about how loud it could get at into it Dome, and I had mentioned you attesting to the fact that the only game that you ever heard with how many of you worked at Staples Center.
Speaker 4: A couple thousand for sure, Easily.
Speaker 2: The only game louder in that game six moment with the Clippers coming back down twenty five with Terrence Man and Paul and George and breaking the curse or whatever you want to say, getting to the Western Conference Finals for the first Simon franchise.
Speaker 5: History was Kobe Yes, his title game, and I'll argue with everybody on that that is those two games are the loudest, and it's one in like one A because it was so.
Speaker 3: Loud, and you know, it was so loud. I'm gonna get a little insight here. I have what's called an effects lever where you can hear the net, you know, or the brick when on the ball, the squeaks of the sneakers. It was so loud in there. I turned it all the way off and you could still hear everything. It was wild, so absolutely, And I think with taking a tour at the end to a dome, it's gonna be so freaking loud. Just the way it's built and set up. There's no bad seat in that arena. It's gonna be an amazing experience for the fans. I'm telling you. Just getting that tour and seeing it firsthand, I'm like, this place is gonna be crazy loud, crazy fun, interactive. In that scoreboard, my god, that thing is huge.
Speaker 4: I'm like looking around like this is like an anchor, and then I look it up. It's an anchor. It's so big. But even the upper decks will get T shirts now, So I think that's amazing.
Speaker 3: You know, it's gonna be a great experience, and I think it's needed because the Clippers, according to some basketball players that I no longer like or follow, and I'm sure we'll talk about that. You know, for the for the longest time, the Clippers have always, in some people's mind been the.
Speaker 4: B team or junior varsity team of Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Well, the Clippers have their own identity, which they had anyways, but it's like, all right, we have our own home now.
Speaker 4: We're not reny. We own it. It's ours.
Speaker 3: You come to our house and there's gonna be a whole bunch of people there excited to cheer on their Clippers and have a good time. You know, I sat in the seats just to get the experience, and I'm like, man, the fans are gonna love this. Man, it's gonna be so much fun. I cannot wait to do the games and into a dome.
Speaker 2: Now you're giving me future goosebumps here, like has even been a game yet already, Let's go, big brother. Jake Warner uh, the head engineer for Clippers Radio, has zoned in the past for the Lakers, does it with the Kings, has done it for the Dodgers, mentioning work with Ben Scully Moore on that coming up.
Speaker 4: Sure, I know.
Speaker 1: Jake has stories for days.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long we're going to go here, but as long as you could get.
Speaker 1: Interesting, put a week on it.
Speaker 2: You've always had not the gumption, but the initiative and the confidence to whenever you see a star at Crypto at Staples Center, you'll go up and say, what's up over that picture? Who are some of the best people that you have talked to? Who are some of the idols that you have met over the years, what are some of the best experience you've had with that?
Speaker 1: And then somebody that just turned you dead right away.
Speaker 3: I'll put them out the don'd care. The best I would say, by far been DJ Quick, Like DJ Quick is one of my idols. Man, I love DJ Quick. I'm wearing red, but I would never wear red usually I just matched today. But but he was just so cool and just chilling.
Speaker 4: Was like, what do you do here?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, I'm the audio engineer for the Clippers radio. He's like, oh, let me swa kind of equipment.
Speaker 4: Walked up to the club one eleven and looked at the equipment.
Speaker 3: He's like, that's all you need for radio broadcast. I'm like, bro, that's it man. He's like, okay, cool And I was like, man, if he's saying, that's dope, like I've been crowned so DJ.
Speaker 4: Quick for sure. I mean, I've spent so many great people. Oh man.
Speaker 2: I tried to get up on Kentrick one time, but they wouldn't let me it. Well, man, it wasn't his people, no, no, no, no. He was sitting down. It seemed like whoever was sitting next to court side.
Speaker 1: Get to him. Yeah, bring up DJ Quick.
Speaker 2: I started thinking of DJ Muster on the beat, but yeah, no, I mean that was just one of many great experiences. You met a little Dickey recently, right, Yes, Little Dicky was one here.
Speaker 3: I was jealous of that. That was cool at first. Oh man, my headphones over there. I can't do it. I'm like, no, it's cool man. He's like, no, no, no, you're here already, Let's do it. So I got to meet.
Speaker 1: Him with the exhibit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: I had a deep cut for him because he's on the Compton album, which I think is massively alterrated.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Waiting for Detox is like d Talks came.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a return like the copt.
Speaker 1: Album is Detox and it's freaking amazing.
Speaker 3: And his Verst in particular, I got this past season and he was real cool and and I asked him a question. I was like, I know you hate this question, but do you get tired of people bringing up my riot? He's like, and then he does that laugh. He does like, man, it's so.
Speaker 4: Tired of that is man, I'm so tired of it.
Speaker 3: I was like, I ain't gonna bring it up. I just wanted to know how tired of it you were. And then he proceeds to tell me about it.
Speaker 2: But you met you met Snoop in the booth. I did helped call a Kings game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what happened was it was during an inter a commercial break and he was doing the TV side and shout out to Jeff Mueller, one of the PR guys with the.
Speaker 4: With the Kings. He can't see me. Look over and he's like, come over here, come over here. So I went over there.
Speaker 3: Then Uncle Snoop got a good twenty seconds with him. He's nephew, what do you do? I was like, I'll work in the radio next door. He say, oh, think my brother's working in hockey, and I was like yeah, man. You know so that was a cool experience to do that. And just meeting some legends during the games. You know, I've really had bad experiences, but I have too. A particular okay two, A particular one was Queen Latifa.
Speaker 4: I went up to meet her twice and she.
Speaker 3: Just wasn't having it at all, and I was like, dangn like for real, But she would slap her bodyguards like thigh to let him do the dirty work.
Speaker 4: So she didn't look bad.
Speaker 3: But it's like, no, but he was around because I don't I wait till no one's around you that sound check because a lot of these people performing halftime or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and from the right way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't go up through a camera in my face. I say, hey, hey, you doing, I'm a big fan. Do you mind if I get a quick selfie? I have my phone ready in hand selfie mode. So when we do it, it's like, damn, that's it, and I'm gone. It's not even three seconds, you know, And I know they appreciate that. So twice with her, and then two chains. I saw him going to get a drink at halftime, you know, because I have to have my my drinks, my Arnold Palmer's from you know whatever, and uh, I walk up to him. He's like six seven, he's tall. He's like, you don't have to get the one walking. I'm like, and I got it, and it was blurry.
Speaker 4: I was like, can I give me morning? He's like, you had your chance, and I was like, you know what, forget it?
Speaker 1: So blurry looked like he had ten chance.
Speaker 4: He just wasn't cool about it. Whatever. Man, but maybe it was a bad day.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a bad day were you.
Speaker 3: Never know, you never know because but you know, I had that SIMI with will Smith.
Speaker 4: But it happened twice and he was a jerk twice. But that's a whole other subject, man, you.
Speaker 1: Know whatever I mean, he wasn't how much of a jerk was he?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Contentious?
Speaker 2: We are talking about the baseball player either, No, no jerk man.
Speaker 4: I don't feel bad for anything for him, like at all.
Speaker 1: Whatever A lot the thing for men in black. So we can wipe this memory from now.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to forget all about it, but I'm still a little hurt by it.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's hurt.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, he's an all timer, so he is there better than that. Into it, into a dome, into him. One of the things I'm looking forward to most most you cand of touch upon it. It feels like there's not a bad seat in the house. It's amazing, like whatever the top seat is, seat three hundred and two hundred sections. It feels like you know, they've they've said and some people have said, oh that's just you know, companies speak type stuff.
Speaker 1: Whatever they have said.
Speaker 2: You know, some of the seats are forty five feet closer than they were relative to that position at Crypto at Staples Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels even closer than that it does.
Speaker 3: And I asked them during the tour if I could sit in different sections just to get a feel so I could tell because I know all my friends that when I know what it's like in there, I wanted to give an accurate report. And I'm always very brutally honest, and that's a good thing at a bad things sometimes, But to get the full experience, I asked to sit in every area at one seat, even way up, I would go all the way to the top and I was like, man, even up here in the those bleeds, it's not a bad seat.
Speaker 4: You could see everything. So it's not company speak.
Speaker 3: Because I'm far from a company man, you know, but the fan experience is going to be top notch at into a dome. And I'm not getting paid anything extra to say it, you know at all?
Speaker 1: This is me, trust me. I'm paying Jason Beyonce tonight.
Speaker 3: Pay me in water, so you know we're good. But just experiencing it and all the interaction. And I went on the corridor and I found my high school, Pacific High School, Sermondino. Every California high school has a jersey along the corridor, so and you could go in the app and find.
Speaker 4: Your high school. And that's how I did it. You know. They have a trust.
Speaker 3: System with like Fountain Drinks, and the food is gonna I tried some of the food that they put out.
Speaker 4: Phenomenal, Like this place is going to be amazing. I'm really looking forward to working there. It's gonna be wish items. Did you dine on? I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I didn't get that I can get the full red carpet tree.
Speaker 3: They weren't giving it to us, but you know, I'm going to ask, Like I'm not scared to ask, you know.
Speaker 4: So I was like, oh, is that is that? Like the hot dog?
Speaker 3: You got to yeah, you gotta try it, Like okay, So I tried a piece of They didn't get a whole one.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like, let me have some of that.
Speaker 3: They cut a little piece and I ate us. Oh my god, I'm not even a hot dog person. Phenomenal and it looked like this kettlecorn popcorn. That's like they were like, oh, you love this stuff. I'm like, well, I won't love unless I'll try it.
Speaker 4: But then they gave me some.
Speaker 3: Of that and I was like, oh, okay, all right, and it's coke products too, so I'm like, yeah, there you go. So yeah, man, I'm telling you the fans, y'all are going to love this place. Man, It's going to be an amazing experience for everyone involved.
Speaker 2: How loud when we talk about decibels and the loudest games that were Crypto and Staples Center, That's what I'm most curious about because we're no one's going to be able to know there was a concert. There have been multiple concerts now, but I had to borrow Christopher on because he was at the Bruno Mars concert last Thursday night. I wanted to hear what the sound quality was, like, how loud it was. He said it was very loud. It sounded great. It sounded more for them than it does a Staples Center, which you know once the crowd comes and it kind of washes.
Speaker 4: Out sound a little bit, No doubt.
Speaker 2: The air checks they do were the sound checks they do pregame when there's nobody in the building sound pretty good, but once the fans fill in, I don't know it kills the sound there at Crypto.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna it's not gonna kill the fans. Sounds not going to kill the music sound. They were playing music and testing out speakers while I was there, and I was like wow. And so I go and talk to the guys on stats because you know, I'm a tech guy. So I'm like, how loud was it when you put that up? It wasn't bare They barely put it up, like, oh, we can go louder. I was like, man, go louder. So they were like, love it, get it loud, and it was so loud. I was like yo, But the acoustics of that place. Being a sound guy, I could appreciate it. And I'm like, man, this place is going to be rocking. It's gonna be like a playoff atmosphere every game with how loud it's gonna be so man.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I know I'm repeating myself.
Speaker 3: But I cannot wait for Opening Night against the Phoenix Suns. My god, it's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 2: I want to get a little bit more personal here with the Big Brothers, James Warner here on Clippers Talk. I know I've asked you this before. That's why how did you end up? It's fitting? I have an idea why, But how did you end up with the nickname Big Bro J Warner?
Speaker 3: Okay, so it goes back to I'm a California native born and raised, but I lived in Virginia for two years.
Speaker 4: And I was working at Mickey D's.
Speaker 3: And there's a guy by the name I don't know what's really his first name, but his name was Ronald, but the name they.
Speaker 4: Called him was twelve Gage. He was saying, it's for nine. He looked like Homeboy.
Speaker 3: From what's the movie where they adopt the kid Michael Ler, Like it looks like him, Like he looked just like him, six ' nine, like three bills. And we were working at McDonald's McDonald's. McDonald's comes out with my dad, you know, work at McDonald's together, and his car broke down, and the mother of his child said, if you can't come see your son, I'm going to make sure you never see him again.
Speaker 4: So it was like my day off.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get free food because I knew he was working there, and he's crying, a big man crying, you know, that's something wrong. So I was like you all right, and twelve Gage is like, man, I got to see my son and like today or else I'll never see him again. It's like take my car, take my car, and I was like, what's from your car?
Speaker 4: All I needs this? This is not and I'm like, I got the money.
Speaker 3: So I helped him out while he was using my car, took his car and got it, told got to fix.
Speaker 4: He came back to work, He's like, man, you did all this to my car. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, you're like a big brother to me, even though I'm older than you. You know, so your name is big Brother Jake. And I was like okay. So the kind of just caught on. And then, like I was telling my friends when I moved back to California, You're like, and my man, twelve Gage, he calls me big brother Jake, and it just stuck, you know. And then it's like the TV I learned he got it from the TV show from Jake Steinfeld whatever. His name is the bodybuilder. So he had a called big Brother Jake. And that's how it gets he got the name.
Speaker 4: You know. Luckily I haven't been hit with a copyright fringe, but it could always be big Bro Jake too. If I have to.
Speaker 2: What are they going to do when a guy named twelve Gage gave it to you.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, twelve age man, that dude. He was like a real cool dude.
Speaker 3: But he's like, man, you help everybody out. And then like all my other friends are like, man, you're always there for us. You know, You're like a big.
Speaker 4: Brother to me. So yeah, so it just stuck. It just stuck, full disclosure.
Speaker 2: Big brother Jake Warner is like that. He's built like that. He's a mentor, he's a big brother. He's somebody that when I've gone through hard times, he'll stay with me. An hour after the game, we're talking, an hour after the game, an hour after the.
Speaker 1: Postgame show, Hawkin goes on too long for whatever. Maybe it's my fault, I r O.
Speaker 3: But it's all good, Adam. I mean, you know you've been there for me too, man. So that's what we do with family, bro, That's.
Speaker 2: How I sorry, Yes, sir, what got you into this crazy business with radio?
Speaker 4: Said? Years? Been five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it started growing down, you know, growing up in southern California. I was a big fan of Rick B's worked at Kiss FM for many years, and I always got in trouble for talking too much in class, like all the time. As you can tell, I talk a lot. Now, you know, that's why we're behind the scenes. They don't want me on the air.
Speaker 4: Because I'll just keep going.
Speaker 3: But I would listen to him and be like, man, he gets paid to do all this stuff. And he had this bit where he was like Chewy from Lapuinte and they acted like a solo on the air, and I'm like, you know, And then I would hear Phil Hendry and I'm like, man, and he's the king I love. Yeah, yeah, the Ted Bell bit, you know, Oh my god, that's my favorite bit.
Speaker 4: And I was like, man.
Speaker 3: So then I started listening to people, you know, all over the A, M and FM dial and I was like, I want to do that. So I was already doing block parties where I would do the sound for like rive bands and stuff like that in my neighborhood. And then you know, I was a DJ once upon a time in some mixtapes back in the nineties in high school. So then I was like, man, but I want to really be on the radio, but I don't know how to get into it. I joined the Navy. Realized I don't want to do twenty years with that, and so I called him sick from work. I worked for a senior citizen HMO like customer service center. I hated it, and so I would call in sick all the time. And I saw commercial for the Academy of Radio and TV in Huntington Beach, California, and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna go down there.
Speaker 4: So I called in.
Speaker 1: That stuff was a scam.
Speaker 4: Is kind of is.
Speaker 3: Like there's a process where you, you know, you have to try out. There's a kid not to be mean, but he stuttered, and I used to study when I was a kid, so but he stuttered, and he was like, yeah, you get accepted. I'm like, okay, I see.
Speaker 4: Where we're going.
Speaker 3: But if it wasn't for going there, I would have never got my starting radio because I wasn't even done or graduated yet. And a man by the name of Max Krasny that runs the entertainment part of Westwood One saw my hunger and I asked him questions. He stayed after and I talked to him. I had an interview the next day. Had a job before he even graduated, and I said, yeah, this is what I want to do. And so from there on, I just grind it every day, work seven days a week for like three years, and I love that you can talk and produce stuff and have fun with your co workers and get paid for it. And I'm like, man, I want to do that. Forever, I had no idea to ever get into sports. I thought I was working talk radio my whole career and I was fine with it. But once I got my taste at sports at Fox Sports Radio and I got hired there, I met a man by the name of Tom Bowman that runs near Field Communications now and he took me on with him to work for the Dodgers and shoot man restless history.
Speaker 4: After that, I was hooked.
Speaker 2: Well, that begs the question, what was it like that first day meeting Vin Scully?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, so here's what's crazy, and this is a true story.
Speaker 3: The first day I met Vin Scully, we were in Mexico City in two thousand and three to play the Mets for spring training, and so there is no elevator, so I had a lug three big heavy like crates of equipment in high altitude. It's seven thousand feet altitude of Mexico City, and I'm like, there's no elevators and it was hot. So about a third time I get there, damn fall face first in the booth and all of a sudden, I feel cold water poured on my neck and I hear sorry for the bad impersonation that I hear, Are you okay? I'm like, God, sounds like Vin Sculley and he could not stop laughing.
Speaker 4: It was Vin pouring water on my neck to wake me up and rubbing my back. That's the first time I meet the guy I'm working with.
Speaker 2: Okay, you passed out from carrying all that stuff, and Vin's pretty much saved your life.
Speaker 3: You saved my life, man, the true stories. So Evan's like, oh my gosh. I was like, sorry, Van, I'm your engineering. He's like, oh my goodness, this is.
Speaker 4: Gonna happen every time. And he had a good laugh about it. Every time. He would see me if he had water in his head and be like, I'm ready for you to work with and work for.
Speaker 3: Just pleasant and who he is off the mic or on the mic is the same off the mic, you know, just watching that man just pull things out of the air and recite them and do it with grace and with ease and and oh just a professional. I would mess up all the time and he wouldn't even get mad. He's like, you're starting.
Speaker 4: I think that was the way you better get it together. Man.
Speaker 3: So but nothing but class. I miss him every day. Loved working with him. One of my greatest experiences ever.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I know this is high praise, but I don't care. You've worked with no ego. Oh, no, are there any parallels?
Speaker 4: Are there?
Speaker 2: Is there anything you can say? Noah has something that Vin Scully had.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: We know we hold Noah in that regard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's our brother, you know. But I remember, and I've told him this story. I haven't told him to him cause we kicked it.
Speaker 4: In New York.
Speaker 3: You know, I went out, I went back there, and that's my guy. I would I would take a bullet for that, man. Okay, I'm gonna just say that now.
Speaker 1: So I remember.
Speaker 3: After I think it was the fifth or sixth game, and the way he just was so smooth and effortless. I was like, Wow, this guy's special. And I haven't told him, like, you know, I would admit, Noah, I thought you got this gig because of your last name with your dad, you know, and I'm a fan of your dad, but man, you're creating your own niche. But I think it was like the fifth or sixth game, after the maybe it's halftime or we went to commercial and and I took.
Speaker 4: My headphones off. I was like, how long are you here? For all?
Speaker 3: I got a you know, a two year contrac or whatever. I was like, he ain't gonna be around for that. I see big things for you, bro, I see big.
Speaker 4: Things for you. He's like, no, man, no, no. I'm like, you're going places.
Speaker 3: And then God rested saw Dennis Degastino. We both look at each other and he's like, that kid is freaking good. We're not going to keep him. We're not going to keep him. He's gone. So we all knew, and so I knew that every game we got to work with him was special and he has the it factor and he showed it blatantly during the Olympics. He was killing it and everyone's like, man, this announced with drooly good.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I used to work with that's Noah. Oh that's Noah, Like yeah, fool, that's my boy. I knew he had the it factor.
Speaker 3: And I'm not just saying it because he's with NBC now and all that I knew right away because I've worked with broadcasters at Hall of Fame quality, and I worked with some not so great, you know, and I won't go on and say who they are, but they know who they are, and a lot of people know who they are. But he has that factor, and he's one of the greatest broadcasters the way he preps and mixes him pop culture.
Speaker 4: And we're twenty one years.
Speaker 3: Apart, Like I'm don't know if to be his dad, but he knows pop culture references from my time, so it feels like I'm talking to somebody my age.
Speaker 4: And then I remember, like, damn, I could be his dad, you know.
Speaker 3: So now I know he was special from day one, and I got Carlos got the same thing, man. So it's like I've been blessed to work with a lot of people. No ego will be all Hall of Fame broadcaster. You mark my words, Man mark the tape on this.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Twenty years from now, you're gonna be like man, big brother Jake was right, because that dude has the IT factor completely.
Speaker 2: It's like Luca ant or one of these young guys, like I've seen enough. I've seen enough.
Speaker 1: I already know. Oh yeah, I already know what's happened. We call the goat like he's already. He may be young, but he's one of the best.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad the world got to see what we got to listen to every single night. How amazing he is, how he's so on it when it comes to play by play, even on TV where you don't have to give every single detail like radio, this guy I would listen. I was putting on the Olympics on my phone and listening in my car driving around LA and I was like, man, I still see the picture even though it's TV, so the whole world. He was on the biggest stage and everyone got to see. And I'm so happy for him and all his success. Man, the team crew for life. That dude is man. Fire love that kid.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make sure to cut just this couple of minutes out of the podcast to send it to him, so I make sure when I pitch him I'm coming on the show and be like, no, come on, we already talked about you.
Speaker 1: You got to come on that. What's up right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's already in the bag, that's already happening. Of course, somebody else that I don't know that well mm hm, he may be misunderstood. I did talk about him my very first Clippers Talk YouTube episode that I did two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith, somebody you know well you've worked with closely over the years.
Speaker 1: He talked about.
Speaker 2: You in his book. I called him out, just scanned out a little bit. I talked about him because he went after Kawhi Leonard again, and that's what I made the first episode about because I thought he was taking cheap shots and acting like Kawhi has some control over his injuries, or he presents the situation as if Kawhi just doesn't want to play, which is far far the truth. The guy is a dog and if he could play, he's a killer.
Speaker 1: He would be out there.
Speaker 2: In fact, I didn't think he should be out there in game three after the first in I was like, he don't look right.
Speaker 1: You got to pull him.
Speaker 2: You can't let him be playing on this. So he was pushing through pain obviously with the knee swelling. There's another side to steven A. I'm guessing you know, behind the hot takes behind the music. Yeah, there's got to be another side there is.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you, like, he knows what he's doing when he stirs the pot, Okay, there's no question. And that's this business. You gotta kind of be like that in order in a squeaky wheel gets the oil. And so he's doing what he's paid to do. But this is a man, Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith.
Speaker 3: When I was married at the time and had baby number two on the way, I was not getting paid a lot by Fox Sports Radio, Like I couldn't afford what I had and I was kind of just down in the dumps one day right before the show. And he trusts me so much to this day. You know, we can talk to me like, Hey, what do you think I did on this segment. I'm like, yo, it sucked, and he'll take it and we'll get mad. Needs more people like that around him. And I'm gonna say that for the record, because not a lot of people do that for him. I will anyways. And he's like, so what's going on. I'm like, man, I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to bounce. I'm have to find another job because I got a second kid on the way. You know my wife, you know, she's taking care of she's making more and we're struggling. He's like, you can't leave. I'm like I have to. So he went upstairs and he brought me with him and he said, I needed you guys to take care of this guy.
Speaker 4: And I'm like no, no, no. He's like, chill, man, chill, I got this. If you don't take care of him, I'm out. I don't care what my contract says. I need him to do the show.
Speaker 3: He is like the biggest cog in the wheel for me, like, we need him here. So you need to take care of this guy or both leave it. And I was like, oh man, we're both fire. So his credit they were like you know what, we got you and they gave me more money all because of stephen A. And I was like, man, what can I do to repay you? He's like, just keep doing what you're doing, man, keep doing what you're doing. And I'll never forget him for that. And that's kind of guy he is for his people that he likes. You know, you see him and he does that strut and he wears his goofy suits, you know, walking to the game like he's about to put up twenty two and seven.
Speaker 4: And see him yeah, and I'm like, man, what's with the wop? Bro?
Speaker 3: I'll send the video like what said. He's like, man, I look good and like shut up. You know I talked to him like that and I don't care. But the other side of him, Yeah, he takes cheap shots of Kawhi and I tell him all the time, Bro, that wasn't warranted. He's like, man, you gonna argue with me. I'm like yeah, because you know I'll argue with you. But the side of him where he works for charities, where if a camera shows up, he leaves because he doesn't need the notoriety for his charity work. And I know he's embarrassing if he here's this. I said it, Stephen, and I said it. The man is he does that for people. If you need something, he will be there for you. I can call him right now and be like, I know we don't talk, but I need a favor and he'll come through.
Speaker 4: He's really that dude.
Speaker 1: That's good to hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he could be on.
Speaker 3: The air, though sometimes I watch first taking like what the hell is he saying?
Speaker 4: Man? Shut up?
Speaker 1: Apparently it's working for him. He is make sure he.
Speaker 4: Pays for every meal when we eat.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know you mentioned working for the Lakers and some of those moments in Kobe's last game, and I know you grew up a Laker fan. I did, as many did in southern California. Oh yeah, what was that point where you crossed over and started rooting for the Clippers? And how did your Laker friends react to that?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, the paycheck always helps, I'll be honest, you know, But like if you weren't for Coca Cola, you don't want Pepsi to beat you, right, So it's like, yeah, you know, there's there's that incentive, and I'm gonna beat honest, and I know gonna catch hep for this. But once Lebron came to the Lakers and once his people we're.
Speaker 4: Doing things behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: I won't get too much into it for the for the sake of the other people involved. There are some things that I liked that his people did. And then just hey, let's get this guy. Oh he sucks, Let's get rid of him. Let's get this guy. Oh he sucks. Let's get this coach. The team has ran by him, and that's when I was like, Magic wouldn't have done that, Kobe wouldn't have done well, Kobe kind of did that. Magic did do that, apparently Paul and all that, but it wasn't to the point. It was like other jobs that weren't on the court related and stuff like that, and then just the way they were finding over him and then but it wasn't even really Lebron, even though he's a big part of it. It's the Laker fans because my friends, we all grew up Laker fans. I offered back when you know, they give us a lot of tickets before you know Kawhi and Paul Paul drugs came by it and on that, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm locked.
Speaker 3: And when I would offer my friends Cooper seats and we would get great seats like sixth row, third row, tenth row.
Speaker 4: And they'd be like, no, man, it's a it's a clipper game. I'm like, wen't cares to playing the sixers man watching bead, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't want them, and I like the arrogance and it's like, look up there, man, how many yo go?
Speaker 4: Who many yo go? Who? Man?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 3: So I always come back with, well, does Genie Bus pay y'all? No, but Bomber pays me, So yeah, Clippers dude.
Speaker 1: There is an entitlement factory with Laker fans. Very off. I don't care who you are.
Speaker 3: I was that guy, and then I realized, like, man, I wasn't a punk. That's not a good look, bro, because I'm not like that, Like that's not my natural attitude.
Speaker 4: So I was like, man, man, we look bad.
Speaker 2: There's almost even, you know, a civil war schism between Lakers fans.
Speaker 1: It feels like, yeah, there's old school Laker.
Speaker 2: Fans, then there's this cutoff point they would disassociate themselves with the new school fans.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: I see it outside.
Speaker 3: Showtime Laker era, baby, that's that was my team, you know. Love Magic Johnson my favorite player of all time.
Speaker 1: So not a Laker fan. I liked him back in the day.
Speaker 2: You're a kid, you could see the colors for a team, You'd be like, I love this team. And the Lakers gold colors got me even up in Sacramento because the King's weren't going to win anything.
Speaker 1: Ever at that time.
Speaker 2: At some point, yeah, they were barely a legitimate franchise, so I had to find another team. When you're a kid, you can get away with that having two teams. Eventually you grow up. And I didn't like the Kobe shack era Lakers.
Speaker 4: No, well, I know why you did it because they should have been in the finals. But Tim Donague shout out Tim donaghe for opening the second.
Speaker 2: Damn time this week I've had that wound open up on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Jameel Christopher brought up I'm sorry man that Paysier airbolled Game seven. I'm like, man, there should have been a Game seven. But I was like, I was like, yeah, you want somehow.
Speaker 2: That made me bring out my Dick Vetta Lakers jersey on here. Uh, Paul George, we've been texting about it a little bit. I wouldn't recommend reading some of those text messages on here. I've had mixed feelings because I said a month beforehand, before free agency opened up, and on that Sunday the writing was on the wall that he was going to be in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: I said I wouldn't give him the Max. I just wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't give him over two hundred million dollars to put them over the second apron. It puts them in cap hell. So I was somewhat okay and comfortable with him leaving and had prepared myself for that. How are you dealing with it? Because you know, we've seen all of his games as a Clipper together.
Speaker 4: Every single game. And here's the thing. It's a business.
Speaker 3: And understand even though he's all already made a lot of money, but you want to take care of your family.
Speaker 4: I get the business side.
Speaker 3: That's why even my jerseys anymore, unless it's like players that are retired because they're not going to be around the business aspect I get and I respect two. I get it, and I knew the writing was on the wall when it was I think in the NBA Finals and him and Embiid were guest analysts.
Speaker 2: But but here, yeah, I was taking shots at Kawai taking shots.
Speaker 4: But here's here's the yeah. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: People need to realize. If you want to be a real insider, don't listen to the insiders. Follow the players wives. Paul George's wife and Mbiid's wife followed each other way before all this happened, and I keep an eye on that.
Speaker 4: So see, I'm giving a free game here, so I kind of knew it was gonna happen, and I was okay with it. But then he goes on his podcast and says.
Speaker 3: The Coopers were like little Brother or the B team in LA And that is what hurt that's upset me.
Speaker 4: I wasn't mad that he made his decision to leave.
Speaker 3: I get it. It's a business. You gotta take care of your family, gotta think of your future. And now he's gonna make it off two hundred million dollars. I know that's hard, Like I got that in my pocket right now.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 3: But the fact he took shots at the team. This is the same team that took chances on him. Bomber's been nothing but good to everybody since he's been with the Clippers and took it over and bought it. And this guy's taking shots at the team, taking shots at the fans.
Speaker 4: That's what upset me. Not that he left.
Speaker 3: I get it, but you don't take shots at the fans that had your back, by your jerseys, came to your games, and then you're gonna say, oh, the B team and they weren't really respected.
Speaker 4: I didn't feel like I was on the real of a team.
Speaker 3: Lakers didn't even want you, or I say, would have signed you. Ain't gonna go take shots, man, take rocks, Bro.
Speaker 2: I can think about it. That's how many Clippers fans feel. Look, it sealed his fate making the B team comment or how he's going to be received once you were stand to it. Dome November six is that Sixers game, So it's pretty early in the season.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are gonna be doing them. The majority.
Speaker 2: I I'm going to boom too.
Speaker 3: And I don't care if it's unprofessional. He would get a boo from me. I don't care. I'm saying it now and you think I'm lying. You know, I'll do it now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna boo.
Speaker 2: I'll probably know there's gonna be a tribute video and he's earned it. And I think, honestly, Bro, he's a top five Clipper I think of all time.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, And that's where it kind of hurts, because it's like I would have loved to see his legacy get even bigger, Like, Okay, you know what, I'm going to sign for a little lesson, I want and I'm going to prove to everybody that I'm a winner and I'm going to take this team with whomever's with me to the Promised Land. If he would have did that, he would never have to buy a drink from a Clipper fan, like Clipper fans would buy his food and drink the rest of his life.
Speaker 4: In thee at you, he'd have a stas. But he took the easy way out.
Speaker 3: So you know he wants to trust the process in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, go ahead and trust the process.
Speaker 3: You could have had something special here, make a little less money and then eventually you get your paper. But no, you want to trust the process with somebody that's a dirty player.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, peace out.
Speaker 2: It's nice that did MB just take a stray who It wasn't austray.
Speaker 4: It was intended target. Bro, this is the twelve gage. It was Yeah, I'm not afraid.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's like, you took the easy way out. You know.
Speaker 3: Kawhi could have been like, I don't want to resign and be be done.
Speaker 4: He could have did that.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, I'm gonna work if I'm gonna work through, and I'm gonna show these people. I'm a winner and he is a winner. You want to San Antonio, we went to Toronto. I think you could win here. He just needs to get his knee right and he'll be fine. But Paul George had there's tools in place to make this team a championship team, and he took the easy way out and and that bridge on fire as he was walking away.
Speaker 1: That's the part I don't like.
Speaker 4: That's one reason to go don't take shots?
Speaker 1: What no reason with the car exploding behind the woman? What movie is that the gift that's out.
Speaker 4: There waiting to take tail or the other one. I'm trying to remember edge of a Basset.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I everything to me, seventy two million more dollars is significant.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to hate on anyone.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Taking that that's life changing, even for someone that has made.
Speaker 1: A lot of money already. I'm not going to hate on that.
Speaker 2: I just it was unnecessary to take the shot of the Clippers franchise to call them the B team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no need, no need?
Speaker 4: Why why do that? Like? Who are you trying to win over Laker fans? As you leave?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: And then you know he would always say, oh, Laker fans w be like, oh, you should be playing for us, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Why even say that? Why even say that? Like? Why take shots?
Speaker 2: Well, and he said he grew up a Clippers fan, so so you should know how the franch has been viewed in the past year. It was part of his responsibility really to take it to that next level, and I think he did to some degree. I'm not gonna you know, him going to come here. They became a destination franchise. There's a ton of good that Paul Jordan did that outweighs the bad. I believe his jersey I think is going to be hanging someday. I really, I really think that. I think he's I think he's earned that.
Speaker 4: He's definitely earned it. But if you look at him, he's earned it. And he did a lot of great for the Clippers. But think about everywhere he's gone, he's the same spiel. You know, I've always loved this franchise, you know, and I think we can win every place he's gone. He's loved the franchise. Okay, so prove it.
Speaker 3: But I'm telling you now, when he comes November, and it's going to be the loudest booze you've ever heard.
Speaker 4: There'll be some cheers. Again. I don't fought him for the business side.
Speaker 3: You got to get you got to take care of your family, make money, and if you could get that money, get your money, you know, because if you left him and worked for you know, Doublas, I ain't going to be mad you left, but I'll be mad if you talk trash about you know, the TM crew when you leave, then I'll be mad at you. But it's like, oh, I don't know. You got to get your money, that's fine. Don't take shots at the people that love you. That's ridiculous to me.
Speaker 1: People that battle for you in the NBA Twitter spaces.
Speaker 4: Oh god, every day.
Speaker 1: That's not easy work.
Speaker 4: No, Cooper's Twitter is not easy work. You battling people all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, don't get me started, because I got time most of the time, and I'll just.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: That's mostly just self hate. At the end of the night, I'm like, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: Why did I get to man?
Speaker 1: Speaking of me being an idiot.
Speaker 2: Speaking of me acting a full last question might be the toughest one. Okay, the people want to know how difficult am I to work with Jay? Okay, okay, listen, this a whole nother podcast.
Speaker 4: It could be Adam losing dies with this team. If they're doing great, he still will have a critique, but he's in a good mood. But if it's like a blowout, or if it's like a turnover that shouldn't have happened, this guy is his face is in his hands.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, it's not that bad turnover.
Speaker 4: What I don't know. You brought me on here because I told you.
Speaker 1: Well, if it's a must wait game or something, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, well, yeah, we all get frustrated.
Speaker 3: But if we're a commercial break and I ain't trying to get too inside, you're breaking down the plus and minuses with so and so is on the court, this is during a time out, I'm like, you should be on the coaching staff, you know. And there's times you know you're joking, but you're not joking, like, oh, where's my water? I brought you to like you want a third one? On giving you my second one? Come on, that was always a joke.
Speaker 4: I know it's a joke. I know it's a joke, but overall, I wouldn't say you're hard to work with it. To me, it's funny, you know because like when I was younger and I'm older than you. When I was younger, I would live and die by losses and wins and how a player played.
Speaker 3: But now it's like direct the positive cleared. Okay, we got tomorrow, we got we got two nights from now, we'll get them, you know. But I get it, you know. But it's called passion, and I respect your passion. And I'm gonna tell a quick story before you have to go. When we surprised the great Noah Eagle during his last Clipper broadcasts, we went to Arizona. I had worked for the Memphis Grizzlies on a contract gig when they played the Lakers in the playoffs. And that night after the game, Adam swoops, picks me up, drives all night to go to Arizona, stay at my sister's house for a couple of hours, shower, go to the game.
Speaker 4: We surprised Noah.
Speaker 3: One of the top five dopest moments ever in my career, and he was like so like happy Iron and everybody Christina Pink was there was a great time when they lost and it hurt because we knew that was the last game we go to work with.
Speaker 4: Noah, he took that loss so hard. At him took the loss. We were listening to like Clippers podcasts and sports talk like the whole six hours, and we were supposed to stay at my sister's house after the game. And I looked at him, like, you don't want to stay here. He's like, now I want to go home. I want to go home. And I already hit Arizona, so I'm like, yeah, I want to go too. I hate this place. So sorry but not sorry.
Speaker 3: But we drive home and I felt so bad for Adam, but I was so exhausted for that quick thirty six hour turnaround.
Speaker 4: I couldn't stay awake.
Speaker 1: Thirty six bro, we weren't even there.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: It's all right, okay, twenty four hours even quicker. And you know I had just worked the game and this and all this stuff, and you know, you took it hard, and I felt bad for you. But it's passion.
Speaker 4: You could be.
Speaker 3: You could be kind of all to work with. And this is this is how I knew we had to work things out. I think it was like fourth game we worked together. Now the equipment we use is mine, not the clippers. And you gotta set about something and you slam it head said.
Speaker 5: I'm not slamity headset on my kids lives and mind like you did it.
Speaker 1: It was all off somehow.
Speaker 4: It was like, ah, you kind of threw it like that, like that right.
Speaker 3: So I was like, Adam, listen, bro, I paid five hundred and fifty dollars for that, like, please take care of my equipment.
Speaker 4: And we were cool after that. I was like this, mother, but that's the only time I ever like, see you mad. Well, I've seen you mad.
Speaker 3: But I was like, come down, but yes, you're not that hard to work with, because if you're just.
Speaker 1: One that hard. Was not the question, not the answer. I was looking forward to this question. I regret everything.
Speaker 4: No, listen, man, you're fun to work but you know this right, you know it's fine, man.
Speaker 3: You can do whatever you want. You can piece this together. Adam was the greatest person. I forget Vincecie, forget Stevens. Adam awesome was the best. And scene there you go. But no, in all seriousness, always fun to work with if you know you're passionate, you know, and when you start getting in a weird mood. I just ignore you, eating my uncrustable dream. My Arnold Palmer mixed the game and I'm in La la land with my with my mixing.
Speaker 1: So that's the way. This is the way, you know.
Speaker 4: Now, You're always fun to work with, Bro.
Speaker 3: And I wouldn't want to do this journey with anybody else, you know, with Carlo, you and Brian you know, and Katie you know most of the time.
Speaker 4: I love Katie. I just saw her the other day. She's great. But you know, we have a cool like collective of people, man. And and if I'm going to do this, I don't want to do it with anybody else. But y'all, man, And I mean that like I'm not even smiling right now, and I smile all the time. I mean that, Bro.
Speaker 1: It's a rider, die fast and furious like family.
Speaker 4: Family. All right, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: This has been fun. This has been fun, man, big bro, you give me a hell of an interview. I don't know if I can wait till tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The podcast, and now I might have to. I might have to put it up tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna wait till Friday morning. But I see things get eating up on a Friday. That's a news dump.
Speaker 4: That's all right, man.
Speaker 3: So what this is, This is worthy of posting whenever you want.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You know I told you right after you told me, you told me I'm gonna have you on that said, I'm gonna bring it.
Speaker 4: Let's go. I'm ready. We can do this another three hours. Man. It's been broad podcast no more after October, so I'm a ready And.
Speaker 2: Somewhere, no, I've been getting Nancy. That's why I'm doing these shows. I gotta stay sharp. The seasons, you know, still two months away. But I can't wait to talk about the Clippers.
Speaker 3: But you do a great job, man, and I've been watching it and you always bring it bro like you do man, and that's why it's like, Man, look at Adam just all over the place.
Speaker 4: Now, he's like he's season He's in season four. So I'm like, yeah, go ahead, Anam.
Speaker 2: What are you watching? Carlo with all these tiktoks and stuff, It's like, I gotta hang with these young guys now.
Speaker 1: I gotta make sure I'm up on my social media game.
Speaker 4: Call on me the hobby.
Speaker 3: I love you call them, no man, Calo doing what he does and Callo is the next big thing to y'all about to look out, man, this kid is so dope. Like again, I've worked with the greats man Carlo call on him in is.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you about this kid. He does his homework, he studies the greats, he listens to critiques, He's not afraid to try new things, and he brings it. And one of the dopest things I see every game where we were sitting at Club eleven, he'd have a line of TikTok followers and he's signing autographs on hats, taking pictures, doing video shout outs. This kid does it all.
Speaker 3: Man and the Clippers, they got a future Hall of Famer on their hands, just like Noah and everybody else.
Speaker 4: Man. So this kid's the truth.
Speaker 3: He's the next, He's up next, the next upcoming young young doat. Y'all better pay attention to this kid. Man, I'm telling y'all's dope.
Speaker 2: I said the first night we were with them, Carlo him Hennaz emphasis on the.
Speaker 1: He is in Austin Reeves. It's Carlo.
Speaker 4: He is him, big bro.
Speaker 1: As are you thanks for doing this tonight?
Speaker 2: Thanks for being honest, thanks for keeping it one hundred with the flame emoji to the stories. Man, I know we're gonna do this again. I gotta wait till after the season's over or anything like this. I can will be doing this again with the next couple of months.
Speaker 3: Whenever you want me on you know, and even better that half a season goes by, because then we can be like, yo, check it, this is what they really need to do.
Speaker 4: And no, I'll be honest to a.
Speaker 6: Point, I'm like, this owl not a part of this. The guy engineered guy, I see nothing, I know nothing.
Speaker 4: Big Bro?
Speaker 1: Where can people follow you at?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: And put out the date again for the final Big Brother Jake sodcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the final date of the Big Brother Jake Podcast will be October first. That's the anniversary when I did my first episode. So I found it fitting to on a sixth year anniversary to drop it on that day. And we're gonna have all kinds of fun on there. You can find that on all digital platforms, and you can follow me on Instagram and now extra Twitter whatever you call it at Big Brother.
Speaker 1: Jake all right, do it.
Speaker 2: Big Bro is also very active on the Instagram. I'm trying to learn from him in that way. My goodness, he's got a lot of inspirational if you couldn't tell, this is an inspirational guy, something you can always glean something from. Learn from The fake Philosopher is not a fake title. It's there for a recent thinking, big bro.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: This has been another episode of Clippers Talk. I'm out of miles and I think I'll take a couple of days off now until Monday. I already have an interview lined up for that. I'm probably gonna have at least three next week here on the show. Wi bro, Hey, I got time. I got time today. Fred Rogan allows me to have enough time.
Speaker 4: I love Fred.
Speaker 1: Good luck out the podcast frequently next week as well as I'm in the trenches for big Brother Jake Warner, I'm out a Moslin. Talk to you on a future Clippers Talk episode next week