Speaker 1: What's up everybody. It's me Cecily Nobler here with Stephanie Wilder tailor.
Speaker 2: And say, hey, yo yo yo, yo, yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that much.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't even it's a lot of yos. I went crazy, you know why, generous?
Speaker 1: Yeah, generous. Also, today's a bit of an emergency. We had something scheduled for tomorrow. Obviously, I texted stuff and I was like, we got to get on this broad. We're a couple of days late, actually, on this brad pitdsitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're two thousand late.
Speaker 1: What I was gonna say is just I okay, I'm glad that we're a little bit late to it because my opinions changed a little bit and I needed a couple of days honestly to sit with this. And really I got myself real worked up on this stitch. I bet you did too.
Speaker 2: No, I'm surprisingly not worked up about it at all, but I do have many opinions about it though.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's normal not to be work. I mean I'm not worked up like I had to like take a day off work. I mean like I'm not making it about me, like oh triggered. No, it's nothing like that. I just well, also, let's get into it and then we'll just tell each other because we don't even know how we feel yet right from each other. We're obviously talking about Brad Pitt announcing making an announcement. Probably probably didn't plan to do that. That was just one of those kind of got gotcha moments unexpectedly where he announced that he has gone off the way. Are you on the wagon or off the way? He's off the way when you're yeah, he's off the wagon. He's gone off the wagon after allegedly seven years of sobriety. I have doubts about that, but I don't feel that's my business. So this is the time where he's saying, Okay, yeah, I drink now I can drink again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So let me just go back really quick before we get into because there's so much to get into. But apparently, according to page six and a lot of other places, he was seen at Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey's wedding, because of course he'd be at that wedding. Kind I want to say, like, all right, Taylor, you know I love her, you know I do, and I know that they love a celeb and they're so a list and the most a list you can be. But like, are they friends with Brad Pitt? Like did Brad Pitt need to be at their wedding?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: That's that kind of threw me, to be honest in the first way.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, is is one of them or both of them friends with Brad Pitt? Who? I mean?
Speaker 1: I could see Travis being friends with them, actually though, because isn't Brad from like Missouri originally either Missouri or Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: But I could see him being Oklahoma. I think he's Yeah, I think he's Southern.
Speaker 1: No, I swear it's Missouri, which some would also consider the South, but you could look that up.
Speaker 2: You could just see either way being Brad Pit. Should I write where does Brad Pitt hail from? No, I'm not. I'm just going to go where's he from? He is from Oklahoma? He is, But listen, we're both right. He was born in Shawne, Oklahoma, grew up in Missouri. So either way, you'd be a Chiefs fan. That's the closest team. So I could see him like having become buddies with Travis. So I guess it kind of makes sense in many ways. But it just kind of struck me just right off the bat. So apparently, according to page six, guests at.
Speaker 1: The wedding, we're surprised, they say, to see Brad Pitt tipping back drinks, so he's getting this is a little getting ahead of something that maybe hadn't come out. I'm surprised. I guess people had a pretty hardcore nda from that wedding. You could not take photos, so people just didn't leak it, I guess until now. So I was told page six last month that he had been seen at the Star stud at affair, and they noted at the time the guests were shocked to see Pitt, who vocal about his sobriety, drinking at the high profile event with Adam Sandler, Paul McCartney. We don't need to name everybody that was there. So why was Tom Cruise there? Okay, So now I'm happy to you because it is listing some more people that were there that maybe we didn't talk about. What is Tom Cruise that Taylor's just sweating? They cannot be friends.
Speaker 2: I don't see how they could be friends either.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the thing. Is Taylor Swift not a movie star? This is all just that's wow. Okay, what evs? What evs? Oh my god, that's gross. It's like the met Gala. Okay. So he went with his girlfriend who is thirty years his junior, the model. Just to remind you that, in no way has he ever stepped back and taken a moment and been alone in the crisis that is his family. So he does an interview and tell me, if I'm jump in whenever, I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: We're good right now. I'm going to all have things to say, but keep going.
Speaker 1: In an Esquire interview, which just came out, we're not that late. It just came out a couple of days ago. By the time you're hearing this, he confirmed he made the decision to drink again. He said, quote, I was sober for seven years and then I got back off the wagon. And apparently he kind of laughed when he said that, because it's just hilarious. Right then he said, in a more restrained manner, I got overconfident a couple times.
Speaker 2: Now, what he said was he's drinking now in a more restrainedment.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's saying that right, And he says he got overconfident a couple of times. Went yep, nope, not good for me, not in big quantities. And then he explained that he can quote have a few glasses of wine, but can't have a lot. To me, a few is a lot, but that's where I'm very small. And then he said, quote, I have to be professional about it. So this is an esquire so lucky.
Speaker 2: He's so lucky because he's one of the few, very few alcoholics that can just have a couple. It's very rare.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First off, okay, let's go back to when he had sort of started talking about a sobriety, which you went back and listened to the podcast with his buddy Dak Shepherd.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I yes, and I do. Uh. Why do I always have to I have to make it known that I do not. I do not care for Jack Jack Shepherd. I'm sure many people like him. He's gotten very almost alt right. I don't know what he is, but he is, you know, taking a lot of testosterone supplements, and he's very you know, he's one of those guys now and that's just who he is. But he loves the sound of his own voice. He loves interviewing celebrity. First of all, I was listening. The reason I say this.
Speaker 1: Is like a tiny bit off topic, but oh my god, he took He talked so much, and so did his producer. And I think her name's Monica from what I've heard, But the two of them were talking so much. I was like, Brad fucking Pitt is on your podcas has shut up for two seconds.
Speaker 2: Let the man talk. It was crazy. Okay, so here's what I got from it. Okay, so Brad Pitt. So they were talking about so Dax Shepherd is very open about his sobriety, Yes, even though he had a big relapse and he did not talk about it openly. And then he got like called out by his producer who started noticing he was like high on pills, is what happened. So then he sort of came out about it and was like honest about it again. So in this episode, one of the things I didn't love is that they were totally talking about meetings. But now, don't get me wrong, I talk about meetings too when I'm doing drunkish, but it was the way they were talking about it was so kind of like, yeah, like we go to like special celebrity like Dax's just kept saying, oh my god, like when I saw you at that meeting, and like when you came in and then like you said that thing, like they were just outing each other. It was insane. It was really weird and boundaryless, and so Dax was like, yeah, I was so proud of you when I saw you there, because like, you know, it's got to be really hard, like you're a big star. And then the woman I guess let's just call her Monica, if that's her name.
Speaker 1: Is like, yeah, like, did you were you worried about like if you shared stuff like that, people would like say stuff about like what you said.
Speaker 2: It was. It was also weird that she was even weighing in because she wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then Brad goes, no, you know, I was really like desperate basically, and he says, I'm trying to remember like exactly what he said, but he goes, yeah, it was like I'm very shy. He goes, so I didn't really want to talk. But then there's these other people and they're being really vulnerable and people were so nice to me, and I had just he was talking about how he just surrendered, how he was in a really bad place and he really needed the help, and he you know, kind of threw his arms up and jumped in, jumped in needed the help.
Speaker 1: It was things were not going well for him. Can I ask a question, and honest, this is not a joke. Was he core ordered to do that because he was investigated? Remember this all came after he was investigated by the FBI for the plane incident, which we've talked about many times, where he allegedly, we have to use that word, allegedly poured a drink on Angela Angeli put his hands, possibly on one of the children. The children were terrified. He was drunk and getting drunker.
Speaker 2: Right, we just read that whole report about.
Speaker 1: Which you have to say, it's not from the FBI, it's from Angelina's legal team. It looks like so that is not necessarily that is her account of what happened. It doesn't mean we can't say for sure it happened. I was there, but I am not allowed to say.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, and you wouldn't You wouldn't say because it's like not your business and you don't you know, you let Angelina do it.
Speaker 1: Friend? Yeah, yeah, I'm not going to ruin that friendship. Obviously, But but don't you think like he was that was part of like some of the stuff he had to do. Is that possible, you know, you'd have to show up, anything's possible. Yeah, I mean he did make it sound like he decided to quit drinking. But yeah, it's I mean, it's totally possible that that definitely happens. You if you get arrested, then you get a court you might get a court order to go, and then somebody has to like sign your court card, and it's yeah, that's a whole thing. That's very possible, probable that that's what happened, because we don't know how often he showed up at those days, and we're not putting down I don't want to put down the idea that he did do that, and he did show up and talk about it. That's helpful, like, you know, if he was serious and was trying to better himself in some way. But I have more thoughts on that, So tell us more about this interview or anything else you want to tell us about them. Those two.
Speaker 2: I don't like, that's all. That's all I know from the The interview was kind of short, and it was a lot of sort of patting themselves on the back and and you know, just about his sobriety and how great it is, and you know, I mean that that's really kind of it. But it definitely seemed.
Speaker 1: What there's more, there's more from this Esquire then, so that's the yahing. So he said what he said. And then okay, as we know, he's not like almost I guess all the kids have dropped the pit from the name. I mean, it's a big deal, so he says in this Esquire interview. Also he talks about how dark that period of his life was. And I haven't heard the whole thing or read the whole thing, to be fair, so he may have gone into this. I don't know. Sometimes age six just picks up, you know, it takes an angle, but it says he admits he wants quote felt suicidal while navigating quote family stuff. Now I want to just say that I know two people interviewed not the brightest bulb at least as far as like verbal like, he does not present very well. Okay, So if he says like family, it just might be how he talks. It doesn't mean that he's like, you know, you know, dismissing it. In some way. I just don't think he always has the words. So he said, quote, I've never been suicidal except for one little period. And in that one little period, I just thought I just couldn't didn't see a way out. He said, the pain was so oppressive that I wasn't going to act on this, but I could feel I could feel the cold steel of the bullet in my head and it felt like relief.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I hadn't even read that full thing until I just said it now, so trigger mm.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, introactive tugger warning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, and that is awful, and I believe him. And then he said quote and I thought, Okay, now I understand. I understand suicide in the sense that it's just relief, it's just looking for relief from the pain. But I also think we have incredible survival instincts, and for me that immediately kicked in. But it was just dot dot dot. He paused and said, quote, this shit ain't easy, and you're talking to a guy who won the lottery. So I'm glad he actually said that because he knows how privileged he has been, so he's saying, look that's coming from me, that I felt this way. I can't imagine basically, if you're not a movie star, like the best looking guy in the world with all the money in the world, Like, maybe it's even harder, right, he's probably saying. And then when the reporter asked him if what if he was dealing with quote, kids stuff, he replied, family stuff. We could leave it at that.
Speaker 2: We could leave it at we can leave it at that. We can leave it at that.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot to dig into, and I can I just tell you, like my first yeah, sure, go ahead. My first thought might be different than yours, and it has changed. But my first thought is like, oh my god, reading all these threads posts and everybody's this armchair expert speaking of Jax Shepherd, everybody's whatever, and I'm like, you know, you guys have a little people should have a little grace. Like his drinking and what he decides to do with it or not do with it, or whether he's an alcoholic or what isn't none of y'all's business. That was my first thought. I know that's crazy, and I have changed my mind.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that's crazy. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I was scared to tell you. Of course, you're gonna because I just felt like some of the people on threads, it's like, Ari, who are you?
Speaker 2: Of course a lot of these people. Yeah, I mean, you're absolutely right. People's sobriety is their business, of course.
Speaker 1: And they can make it whatever. But then I got mad in a separate way. So it was separate. So I'm like, I still believe it's none of the business of their like how much as these people are doing god knows what on their computers and taking whatever they take or drinking whatever they drink. Talking about Brad Pitt, I hate that shit. But I also got really mad. I'm like, does Brad ever publicly take any accountability for anything that he's done? No, And I don't know answer, but I don't think so.
Speaker 2: The thing is that that and we can be of too, We can be of a few minds. I will. I'll tell you what I think, and and it changes too, because it changes depending on like what I read. You know, I read something and then I go that makes sense, and then I read something else. But like, from from my opinion, this isn't going to work out like that's that's that's my opinion. I've never seen it work out for anybody. Who's really had to take a very hard look at their drinking. It's it's not like it's not a thing. Alcoholism doesn't go away. And we've talked about this, We've talked about the idea that people have about like, well, no, I was just going through a stressful time and now I'm going to be now I can moderate. That was just that was just a bad time of life. That that's just not it's not how alcoholism works once you get dependent he's.
Speaker 1: An alcoholic or in other things like is he maybe just a rage addict? Is it a pot? Is it? Could it not be alcohol? And he's like, I can drink wine. I just shouldn't take this like is that pump? I mean that's the thing where I'm like, I don't know if he's an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: Well okay, okay, but this way of thinking is this is kind of part of the problem, the thinking of like, well, we don't know if he's officially an alcoholic. He could just be a problem drinker. None of it really matters to me. But the idea and this is like this is hard because this is this is going to sound really pompous, but this is like a lot of the work that I had to do around this whole topic for years. Okay, so I'm sober seventeen years. I've had a lot of different thinking about it over the years, especially at the beginning. Your brain constantly questions like, okay, but I don't know if I'm an actual alcoholic. Well, try to think of it this way. What if there's no such thing as an alcoholic What if it's not a diagnosis. What if it's when you drink, bad shit happens. So for regular people who don't have a drinking issue, they don't get so drunk that they're beating their wife on a plane and scaring the shit out of all their kids.
Speaker 1: Or cheating on another wife or god only knows what when they're using whatever they're using. Yes, wo, So whatever that is, whatever that thing is that's in him, he that doesn't go away. It doesn't go away where you're like, oh, I've mastered this and.
Speaker 2: Now I only have one drink. And case in point is that he's already saying I've already had. Yeah, there's been some incidents.
Speaker 1: Oh right, because he's like yes, A couple of times I'm like whoa, whoa, whoa, Yeah, No.
Speaker 2: Nope, you can't do that. Okay. You can't tell me that prior to this he didn't beat prior to getting sober, you can't tell me that he didn't go like, oh God, maybe I shouldn't drink. You can't tell me that he didn't have one hundred incidents where he drank too much. But guess what, he's a celebrity, so he gets away. It doesn't matter. People are going to cover for him. It's like, oh, that's just Braddy's heavy drinker. Same with George Clooney, same with that whole fucking group.
Speaker 1: Except Clooney well aff Like, yes, Clooney doesn't have the reputation of being an asshole. He's definitely a drinker. I would say alcoholic if I had to use the word, because I've told you I had to sign an NDA at a thing with him.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he has even alcohol issues.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, he likes he likes a drinky drink, but he doesn't have no negative issues seem to come from it that I know of. I'm sure he's womanized or whatever. He's George Clooney, but like he seems to be for whatever reason, there's not that monster.
Speaker 2: We haven't been public Yeah, correct.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I mean Brad has had quite a few. By the way, I did google whether he apologized to Jen Anniston because I keep coming back to, like, where's this freaking accountability about his kids or anything? And it says that AI says that he did apologize to her privately, which is fine, according to them, that he called her at some point and made and made amends maybe during his sobriety, and said he was emotionally absent as a partner and sorry about the painful way they're a marriage. So I mean, okay, right, he doesn't owe it to us, She doesn't. Nobody owes us. This is their life. But like I'm now thinking about those kids, and I'm like, dude, dude, even if you're still struggling with your sobriety, why are you what And I'm not speaking to you. I'm speaking to Brad Pitt because I know he listens, Like, why are you being so pompous about it yourself? Why are you like, yeah, yeah, I mean I drink him. It's for fucking crazy, Like you have six kids who are not speaking to you, and your press couldn't be worse right now? Why what are you thinking, dude, sneak it man, which is kind of to your point. He probably has been sneaking at this whole like a long time. This isn't the He didn't just start drinking at Taylor's wedding.
Speaker 2: Let me read you. I found this article about Angelina Jolie's reaction.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, this is on VT dot co. I don't know if you've ever seen that. I get it on any It doesn't really matter. Angelina Jolie admitted she wasn't taken aback upon hearing that X husband Brad Pitt was no longer sober. She shocked fans this week with Oh. He shocked fans this week with news that he was no longer sober after seven years of avoiding blah blah blah okay. He began his sobriety journey after splitting from Joe Lee as he was accused of pouring alcohol on her and their children during a fight on board the private jet Okay in twenty sixteen. The sixty two year old previously revealed that he was working on battling his demons at and then of course they alcoholics anonymous, and that he was done with drinking for good and now blah blah blah, he admitted he'd gotten back off the wagon.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 2: A source close to Joe Lee has now commented on the situation, telling this whatever column, Angelina is not surprised. She tried to warn people she knew this was always a possibility. They added that the actress had quote long believed that sobriety did not necessarily mean the underlying problems Brad had had disappeared. She doesn't believe Brad is fundamentally changed. She believes Brad is who Brad is, and no amount of sobriety or reinvention changes this. So I mean yeah. Also, also, let me say this. Supposedly he got sober right after the incident, right that was in twenty sixteen, But also supposedly he's been sober for seven years. Well, that math doesn't add up, because you're right about that, there's three missing years. So either he started drinking three years ago and has been drinking ever since, or he didn't stop drinking after that plane incident for another three years. I think it's the other way around. I think he stopped drinking right away. I think he stopped drinking after that happened and his life was in shambles, and then I think he's been drinking for the last few years. I think you're totally right about that.
Speaker 1: He can't so he can't claim he's had ten years of sobriety because all of his people around him would claim bullshit.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? That would be so gross. So he's acknowledging Oh, I was seven years sober. Yeah, I think I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I think I also feel even us talking about it, you know, because I was saying all the threads, posts and stuff are kind of gross to me, like micromanaging somebody. Not you're we're not doing it, but like the idea of doing that that must be so hard. You're struggling with something, and you know, every you're under this microscope of every single person online who's like, oh, you had a drink, because you know, everybody's just trying to like throw it to somebody else to deflect from their own lives. But that said, how can you not Why is it that you're not doing everything you can to repair your relationships. I'm not I guess I'm not saying that he's not doing that. Maybe he reaches out to his kids every day. Maybe he sends a text every day to every kid, or at least four of them. I know, I know the older ones he's probably not going to. There's no hope at all, I don't think, but like, you know, maybe he tries, and we don't know. We're not pretty to that because we don't know, but I will.
Speaker 2: It's surprising that all of his kids are not speaking to him, like that's you know what I mean, things had to have been kind of bad, and so to me, this is just my feeling. And this, you know, this could be judgmental, okay, but my feeling is like if if none of your kids are speaking to you and you claim that that's really awful for you, and there's been news reports that he just feels right that she's poison the kids against him and it's just so sad for him. Well guess what. Drinking is not going to help. And also I don't love and this is this is where I do feel like it's nobody's business and I don't think it's helpful to people to, like, as we call it, take their inventory and decide whether they have a problem or not. Like you're like, you're saying it's not really our business, like whether he drinks or not. I mean, but on the other hand, I think it's kind of a bad example for people. And I think when you are glib about it and you're just like, yeah, it's not a problem for me anymore. Yeah, I guarantee you it's going to be at some point. And I guarantee you when your Brad Pitt and you're like, you know what, I was sober for a while, got over my problems and now I can like totally drink again. Do you have any idea how many people are going to be like, oh shit, well, I I'm sure I can too. You're so right, and that's also their business.
Speaker 1: But like when you're when you get like public about it and you're like, hey, making a big announcement, I'm totally fine to drink now.
Speaker 2: I don't know is that responsible?
Speaker 1: I mean, I only have you know You're I'm way more interested in your opinion on this because I I don't know. I you know, I've dated some people who've had issues like this, and I one in particular, who I mean he went to rehabit bun she went to AA about and then he would just start drinking, and then it was never like he could he could never have one glass wine. And that was the argument back and forth because I never understood.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: He would say to me when he was sober, you understand, I can either have I can't have one. If I have one, I have ten. And it was and I didn't understand. We've talked about this where I was just like, why can't you just have one? We're all just having one. He was like, I literally can't. Once the door opens, the door doesn't close until I pass out. Well, then I'm like, then why do you drink? Like I understand? And he just kept going back.
Speaker 2: But I'll let me say this, and this is, you know whatever, this is. This is my experience. My experience is that, like, there were many times that I could have one. The problem is when you've kind of proven to yourself that yeah, maybe a bunch of times you can have one. But obviously, and this seems to be Brad Pitt's experience as well, there are times that you can't well, when you can't predict that bad shit's not going to happen if you accidentally have more than one. So you take somebody like me and I'm not saying that my experience is everyone's experience, but for a very long time, I don't think I was somebody that people would go, oh my god, Stephanie, she's such a bad alcoholic, Like you can't like the second you know, she always has like ten drinks. That wasn't the case. Yeah, I'm sure there were people that were, like, Jesus, stuff really gets drunk sometimes, but there are plenty of times I didn't, and there are plenty of times at home I didn't. And at a certain point, when you keep trying to manage your drinking and trying to manage your drinking, and then let's just say, you go like, hey, I'm just going to be somebody who like drinks sometimes, you know, but I'm only but I'm going to control it and I'm only going to have like a few, and I'm never gonna drive.
Speaker 1: And then cut to like I drove, cut to you're justin Timberlake. Have to cut to your justin fucking Timberlake or Britney Spears where you could go like, hey, if you're justin Timberlake, let's compare him to Brad Pitt. You're not somebody who can't is drinking from morning till night. All you hear about Justine. He's not Shia Laboof. He's not constantly having these issues, right right, I'm just saying he's not. He's not Andy Dick, And I'm shy that justin Timberlake is like guys, everybody stop overreacting, Like just sometimes I get a little drunk, but I can totally control it. Now, that to me is a similar to the Brad Pitt thing. But one day when he's not controlling it bad, something bad's gonna happen. I mean maybe or maybe not, because it didn't for a really long time. He never got and I was gonna say this before, like not that he should. Okay, so he has a drinking problem, he has family stuff in his life happens. He's still a movie star. He's still a really good actor actually, and he gets cast and stuff. So he's still a working actor. And I only bring that up because when women do this, have you noticed, then they're out. Women gets drunk and weird shit happens and they're no longer seem to be cast in things. But when these guys do it, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it is kind of a guy thing. It's like a little bit macho. It's a little bit like you know, the guys, boys will be boys, right.
Speaker 1: And if the hotter, you know, the hotter they are, like, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I think I think my bottom line opinion is like I feel I feel kind of bad because you know, it didn't work for me. It hasn't worked for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Most people I know can't learn to like control their drinking. So it's gonna be sad if if if it doesn't work, then I kind of feel bad again. His business, it is.
Speaker 1: His business, and it is it probably has been half working quote unquote for a few years. But what's not working is his relationship with his children. So I don't know how he I don't know what that private situation looks like. I hope there is one, Like I hope he's writing them a letter once a week or doing something. But I have a feeling, my gut feeling says he's not doing that.
Speaker 2: But you know, you could also make the argument that that's also kind of none of our business. Like maybe in his mind he's like like I've tried, these kids don't care, So now I'm going to live my life. I'm going to drink. If I want to fucking drink, I'm going to do what I want to.
Speaker 1: Do, be my granddaughter, and I'm gonna go about my life be in a hot red bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that obviously, maybe some stuff has happened, maybe somebody's seen him drunk, because I'm not sure why. And this is what a lot of people are saying too, like why the announcement, Like why are you talking about it? Yeah, you're trying to do some damage control. He offered the interviewer some wine. Did you know that that?
Speaker 1: I read that somewhere where he started where he was like, do you want some wine? And the guy I apparently I don't know exactly how went down, but that's how the conversation came up. Because you know, they have been fighting for how long eight years over this French winery. It's all so freaking weird. It's all so crazy.
Speaker 2: He's like, listen, I can totally drink. That's why I need to remain in control of my winery. Like that's his whole thing is like I she can't have it, like I can totally drink. Maybe Angeline was like, you don't even drink.
Speaker 1: He's so vindictive, even with her. I mean, from what I've read, she is the one who really did want to just be like, let's cut this off. She sold her shares, she didn't want any ties to him. Then he's the one that kept coming back and back and back making it. Hell, I'm not a huge fan of the way that she handled things in that whole thing. You know, it was a weird thing, and I think she's just like she kind of sucks too. But in this case, I do really think she was trying to get out of that, you know, legally along before that he would even allow it, right from what I can you know, who knows, who fucking knows? Maybe I don't know, but you know what we do know, would.
Speaker 2: Now be a good time to talk about hers. Yes, let's talk about hers. That's this is And listen, I'm gonna tell you something. But it's not FDA approved for this use, but it can help you if you feel like obsessive about certain things food, drink. You know, it's not necessarily for that, but I'm just saying it can have that. So I've heard good things about the side effect of GLP ones on like addictive behavior such as eating as you know, I've tried. I've tried a GLP one. I started it last October. I take it every once in a while. It's worked wonders for me. And hers has offers access to the FDA approved we go vpill and we go vpen, designed to help you lose weight and keep it off, and it's all online. It's very private. You just work with a provider. They determine if it's right for you. So ready to reach your goals, Visit for hers dot com slash rose pricks to get personalized affordable care that gets you. That's f O r H t rs dot com. Slash rose pricks for hers dot com slash rose pricks. Wait lest by Hers is not available in all fifty states. We go These, a registered trademark of novo Ortics. To get started and learn more, including important safety information, we go be clinical study information and restrictions, visit for hers dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys, well, thanks for listening to our yeah kind of random opinions. I guess we didn't really bring much more information to you, but we just wanted to talk about it. You probably already know all this shit, but like I want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have any like last like anything from like threads. I feel like people's opinions are kind of all over the place.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're I would say, the threads that I see are very like mad at Brad. They're very they're taking it very very personally.
Speaker 2: Why are they? Why are they mad?
Speaker 1: I love them those they are mad. But that he's drink They're like, how dare you say you can drink? So in real life this happens all the time. Like most people don't get sober and then like that's it. They just never drink again for the rest of their lives. Like I mean, right, oh, people that.
Speaker 2: Do, I think it's way more rare and they have to be really actively working a program.
Speaker 1: Here's what somebody wrote. This is interesting. This is just an hour ago. Someone wrote, dear Brad Pitt, haters, addiction is not all or nothing. What seems to be the real problem is your intolerance and unscientific approach to substance use disorder. Contrary to popular belief, it's possible to moderate I don't know if we agree with this, to moderate use harm reduction and yes, drink again. And to those who say this rhetoric is dangerous, it may cause someone to relapse. One you're speaking for others. Two you're invalidating others' experiences, and three you're believing Minnesota abstinence model nonsense. What is Minnesota abstinence like the opposite of California sober? Interesting We're just put the states in there, but then the next person right down says, I've been sober over six years. Brad Pitt is an addict. There's no quote controlling intake. My mind is mush trying to understand what his pr people were thinking. Fuck all the way off, Brad. Now they kind of lost me on the fuck all the way off Brad. But I guess you could just say that because he's, you know, has been a dick to his children, and that's what I get. I get that, But it seems like they're saying it based on his drinking. And you're like, okay, well.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what Kristin Johnson said, who was from the actress from Third Rock from the Sun, who is very famous. She wrote Guts.
Speaker 1: Little Krista, don't she fell out the window in Sex and the City.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, of course, tiny little side story. Way back when she wrote Guts, she argued with somebody, I want to say, on like an Amazon threat or on Goodreads or somewhere, somebody wrote a review and didn't love her book, and she got really mad and was like, yeah, well, why don't you fucking call me when you've written your own book, bitch? And I was like, oh, I like it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I mean, I get you mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, So she says. She says, I'm not judging anyone because it's such a tricky disease and your brain makes Olympian sized leaps to accept your quote normal and can now quote have a few drinks. But no matter what you convince yourself is okay for you. In my personal experience, myself and everyone I know with this disease, it always always ends the same way, on your knees, staring death in the face. It's brutal and scary and so painful. Ask me how I know.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, that gave me chills. I know. Okay, here's something that's a little off topic, but it's about Brad Pitt. But I can speak to this because I was at the Coffee Bean at the same time with him once, which is so random. He was in his Brad pit heyday he was dating Jen. I mean he was married to Jen Anniston because when they were like letting their hair go already, you know how he like just takes on whoever he's with their hairstyle. So he was being all like pothead Malibu. But for some reason he probably had a meeting. He was in Hollywood and I was there, and so somebody wrote worst hygienia celebrity I've ever come across by a mile, and I can attest that is true. He smells really bad. Now. I know that's not a nice thing to say. I don't always smell great. I get it, it's fine, but he does. There is a waft wherever he is very bad beat out. Yeah, isn't that interesting? So like so like the Lord gives you this base and body. But then also it's like, but m but do you think it's just because he's just not showering.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I said you could smell him come into his manager's office, long before he actually entered the true story. Once in a while, my kid will take off his shoes after running around in a field for a day, and I will sigh and say, oh, hi, Brad, gread to smell you again.
Speaker 2: I will tell you. I'll give you one last thing. It just one last quick comment somebody made on threads, which is quote his life changed equals. None of his kids speak to him, and they've disavowed him as their father by dropping his last name. Bottom's up.
Speaker 1: Mmmm shit, you're getting the good comments that damn Anyway, I finally wish them all well. Yes, said, he's okay, and I hope that like. And I'm still a fan of his work. And I hope his family's okay and that they heal and I'll do the best they can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all can, all right, Thanks everybody. Ye, after all that