Speaker 1: The West Tigers Podcast is brought to you by the West Tigers Podcast Forum. Join the conversation today at wests Tigers podcast dot com dot areu.
Speaker 2: West Tigers Podcast Episode number four hundred and seven A. You've got a very special edition tonight got the two stars of the West Tigers Life Podcast. We've got Rob Bashara and we've got the coach. Adele has Thank you very much, boys for coming on. The Boy's going to be debating Benji Marshall off the top, that's the lead. Tonight, Adele's going to be talking a little bit about the West Tiger's current coaching staff, a little bit of a breakdown of particular roles the guys have. We're going to do a bit of a masterclass on a tack, defense and contact, not looking at yesterday's game, but looking across the season, and what the boys make of some strengths and weaknesses of the West Tigers in those departments. And we'll end with one of our sort of favorite segments on this podcast, to buy, sell and hold. But Rob, thank you for coming on. Mate. Just tell us a little bit about how it came about you doing a podcast with Adel this year, because I know it's very popular with the West Tigers fans.
Speaker 3: Good a erdie and thanks for having us both on. It's a strange one. I just met Adele through a couple of cousins of mine about three or four years ago and the boys I invited him over to watch one of the games with us, and yeah, we just kind of kicked off a friendship from there and we've been bantering quite a bit over the phone, and I suggested, how about we trypot on Sunday night and if it goes good for the first couple of goes, we'll run with it. And it seems to be a very popular podcast. Adele is absolutely the star of the show, and I think the fact that he gives that perspective from a coach's lens, and he's so calm and calculating and definitely the complete opposite at me of me, at least when we're analyzing on hyper emotional and he's just so suave and cool and he loves it.
Speaker 2: And just for the fans out there that haven't heard it, Rob wins it on, I think your boy's going to be at like cart this Sunday, ain't.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure where we're going to do Sunday Nights one, but generally we record on Sunday Night, which would have been last night. Unfortunately, Adele was ill had some nause here and I jokingly said that he got that nause heer from all of Benji's chopping and changing positions on the field yesterday, which we'll get onto a bit later. But we're actually going to record what we would have done last night tonight after doing your pod. We'd made a commitment to doing your show eding we didn't want to let you down and thank you for starting a bit earlier, so we've got a bit of time to put a bit more content out there for West Tigers fans and Adele.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure to have you on mate. I got to say, I'm an ardent listener of the Sunday Night show and I always find like I learned one or two or three things and then go back and have a little look at the replay or jees, I didn't spot that or something. But first off, Mate, tell us a little bit about where you're coaching at the moment and also your sort of coaching history at the West Tigers.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me, idiot, I do get a little bit embarrassed when you guys call me like a coach and whatnot, because the day I've never been to the level that was sort of talking about at the moment, so it's a little bit difficult for me sometimes hearing some of the compliments, but well, at the moment, I'm went to South Slogan Magpies up here in Queensland, so I coached their Cyril Connells side this year. Pretty interesting. It's pretty relative to what's going on at West Tiger at the moment with our club in regards to sort of the area and sort of we're a little bit of a merged entity as well. Two clubs that have come together but which got a pretty rich history. They're also the Magpies. So I coached at Cyril Connell this year, which is the Harold Matthews team, and I had to make some big decisions to be honest at the start of the year in regards to a lot of that age group. One of the things you used to doing is playing the hod age kids. I played a lot of the younger age kids this year because I thought that was the best development of the club. I did move on for a little bit into the being around the host Plus Cup team. We've taken a bit of a break from that at the moment, just from work wise and whatnot. So yeah, well I'm truly in trenchfer with the South Helgan Magpies. Love the club, love everything about the club. You know, a lot of really good people involved in the club. So yeah, that's where I've had at the moment. Obviously spent five years of my life, the last five years of my life at the West Tigers, started more so coaching just a junior rugby league and then went to the Sydney Roosters in twenty seventeen. I think it was when there's a the SG ball was there for a couple of years with Adrian Lamb was our head coach for the first couple of years and you learned a lot of him. And then through COVID I accidentally ended up at the West Tigers Harvey Norman side, purely because there was no other ragby league going on by the Harvey Norman competition was the only one that actually come back other than the NRL. So Adam Hargan was the general manager of football at the time. It was a close friend of mine and we sort of had a conversation. I come on board for the back end of that year, and that was really something different.
Speaker 2: Girls want to press.
Speaker 1: Not in the first year, No, No, that was I was there for three years as an assistant and then yeah, I just got lucky and got a job halfway through the year of a team that was not on too well. And I like to tell people I sprinkled on magic dust and we want to come. But yeah, that's a story for another day. But obviously moved on into the NRLW before making them move up here.
Speaker 2: That's your coaching history. What about your history as a fan? Mate, We were a big West Tigers fan before coaching at the club. I'm guessing you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I you know what it's it's pretty relevant to say this sort of stuff because I don't know if other people you know the same as me. But I was a kid, you know, I grew up at first sort of my my first years as a four or five year old, I lived in Ashfield, so that's where those sort of years were. And relative to us, Bennie Alias was a hero for us. Not so much these days with the way he carries on, but you know, he was a hero to us, so I followed Bennie Ollis and for that I follow the West Tigers or the Balmain Tigers. At the time, I was banned from watching Tigers games a teenager at home because of the carry on and the way I love the club. And you know, put it this way. In my year twelve the back of my year twelve jersey, when you could put a nickname, I don't put a nickname. I just wrote Tiger for Life. That was the back of my jersey. So I love the club so much, or was even one of those things. I was advised by people to not actually work at the club when the opportunity to come, because sometimes you sort of don't want to know what you will end up knowing. Yeah, always been a Tiger's fan all my life. You know, I'll be honest and straight. I don't consider Balmain and West to be anything anymore. Like the end, it's the West Tigers for me. Yes, I support him with Bowmain and Tigers, but I'm a West Tiger.
Speaker 2: It's funny that I actually went to school at Ashriel Boys and I was about Main Tiger's fan growing up. Played Ozzie Rules for the West Magpist so it was almost like the perfect merger for me. But boys, we are not going to dwell on yesterday's game because I know you're going to have to go through that torture later on your own podcast. But we are going to lead with Benji's presh conference because that was a bit of a hot talking point on our podcast last night.
Speaker 3: Rob.
Speaker 2: I'm probably glad you went on last night because you were breeding fires on the text I got. But what did you make of it overall? Twenty four hours later?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely am glad I wasn't on it last night, Eddie. I think I've cooled down somewhat in the last probably two or three hours. Only I was disappointed with a lot of what he said. I get that he had to cater to the New Zealand media and he was back home. I just couldn't get over the fact that it was just rather blase joking around the compliments that he gave to Tanner Boyd and New Zealand and how they played, and then complimenting their style and their ructure to a degree, and it was almost like his compliment his compliments towards New Zealand, we're actually denigrating what we have at our own club, and you know the stuff about he's very honest, like he's actually one hundred percent honest. He takes the blame for a lot of things, but the fact that he does say a lot of it's on me. And then you go back to previous press conferences, like, for example, a manly press conference where he says, oh, look, it's on me for tinkering around with all the positions. Yet all that tinkering went on yesterday. Granted some of it could have been premeditated that it was going to happen, but I just find how do you establish combination and flow and continuity when you keep chopping and changing, and to be fair, made I feel sorry for the players. I know Adele's a staunch defender of Benji, and you'll give him his opportunity to talk, but after yesterday made in that press conference, he's actually kind of lost me because I think that family first attitude, nothing wrong with that in life, but that family first attitude, as to me, comes across as winning isn't the primary focus, and he just gets on with it and it's like, oh, well we lost, we lost. But I know he loves the club. I know he's trying his best, But from my end and from what I see on the field, I don't think he's capable of caning as to where he wants to get us to.
Speaker 2: We'll get into some of his perceived strengths or weaknesses in a minute, Adele, But just on that press conference itself must be difficult because I assume they go in there like ten minutes after a game. They probably haven't really had a chance to speak to their players. What was your take on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually haven't heard it till Rob today, and sort of when I heard it. Look at honestly, I don't understand what everybody's up in arms about. Like he went into a press conference spoke about the Warriors, Well, I said the Rob today, like the Warriors are a top four sign. Like if we're not going to acknowledge that, well, I get that the fact that I'm losing players, But if we're not going to acknowledge that they are who they are and they've got a really, really good coach, that doesn't take away from what Benji is, or the stage of his career he's at, or where how our results are going. But it does not matter to me how a coach speaks in a press conference. I'll be honest if I was coaching a row used that as an example because the level I could or should be at, and I went into a press conference, which I do these things, I'm not going to always be genuine as to what I'm actually feeling and what I'm thinking. Sometimes it's a little bit strategic in what I say. Sometimes it's also one of those things where I also got to understand my position and whether the things I say they are going to be taken out of context too much. Benji's being himself and I know we're going to touch on this a little bit later. I have no problems with what he said. I'm not a staunched defender of Benji. In the words of Rob, I try to think, I try to think I'm objective, and at the same time I put myself in his position.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt we are progressing, even if it is painful progress. I actually saw your own Instagram account West Tiger's Life. One put up a stat today that there are only three NRL teams being the Warriors, Raiders and Tigers, who have more wins at this stage this year and are better for it against than they did last year. Obviously, Warriors and Raiders in top four and we're forty eight. But my question to you is are we progressing enough given the improvement in the roster.
Speaker 3: It depends on what you compare it to, Eddie straight up, just on yesterday's game being the Warriors game, I compare it to where we were a Round four and when we played them in Round four at Campbelltown, I felt like we were unlucky not to win that game. I thought we matched them physically well, a lot better than yesterday anyway. I mean, we still could have been a little bit better in that day, but they didn't score many points, nor did we, and it came down to a Luke Metcalfe penalty goal from about forty meters out to win the game that day. So if I compare it to round four, we're regress. Now. There are certain reasons I think we're have regressed. I mean, obviously, Lochland Galvin was a focal point of our team and was probably, you know, the main man in terms of trying to create attack. So we don't have him anymore. So if we've built our whole preseason around Lochland Galvin and Jerome Lewie, being in the harves and suddenly that guy's gone. I understand it takes a while to improve what bothers me from yesterday, Eddie, in terms of talking about whether we've progressed or regressed, that's our best forward pack. Like when we looked at that team and spoke about it on Wednesday night on our show, that was the best lineup I thought we could have named, given that who we had and who was available. So for that team to get basically belted yesterday physically, not win the collision, not win the ruck, as Joel Helms always says, lack of physicality, that really disappointed me. And like I said, you know to Adele privately, obviously they were missing half their spine in Metcalf and Nicol Klockstad, but they're also missing Mitch Barnett, they lost Rock Oberry through the game. They just seem to know what they're doing, and we are still searching for our playing identity, Eddie, and I feel if Benji, I know, Benji's got to be himself, but Benji should know how we want to play. He knows who we've got, he knows how we want to play, and we're not there. We don't seem to have our own style. Yet he mentions it quite often, whether he's telling the truth in press conferences or not, that we're still trying to search for our own identity, still search for a way to win and how to win. And I think by now he should know what we should be doing, what we shouldn't be doing. And I don't get any confidence from what he says in the press conference. Granted, I really don't care what he says in the press conferences as long as everything's going better on the field and.
Speaker 2: They'll give me two or three of what you think of Benji's biggest strength doesn't have to be specific to on the field, but in terms of the fit for our club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the obvious ones for me right now is he's relatable to the players. I think I've said this on the West Lagger's Life podcast and it's probably something that's a little bit uncomfortable having this conversation at the moment society. I think the fact that he's a Maori, he has that relatability to a lot of the specific eye on the boys. I think that's significant. Now. People can have their opinions on whether that's a positive or a negative, but I think that's that's an obvious one for me.
Speaker 2: It's probably been a fact in recruitment, hasn't it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely? And you know, from a mentoring perspective, I think it's really important. But at the same time, I also understand why that could be something that doesn't attract certain people. And you know, it might be a little bit controversial saying this. The boys that have left are not specific on the boys, so I don't know how much of an impact that's having attracting players or attracting certain players. He's done a good job in doing that. And then the last thing is probably something that he hasn't been able to I guess translate into his current thing as a coach. But he's got the football like you. I meant the end of the day, he's got the football ability like no other. There is this notion that great players don't make great coaches. I don't necessarily think that's true. But he's got that football in IQ, that's his strip. They're the obvious ones without being on the inside.
Speaker 2: Rob, is there a pass mark for Beggie for you for the rest of the year. I mean, I said at the start of the year, I just thought I set fairly low expectations that if he could just avoid the wooden spoon and get a few more wins and I'd be happy enough.
Speaker 3: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Or he's got to be better?
Speaker 3: No, he has to be better the way I see it, look from what I see on the field, Eddie, there's a certain clunkiness to our attack. I was actually pleasantly surprised when Skelton scored that try really early yesterday because that was a really smooth looking back line player, looked really simple, really effortless, and we scored, you know, with precision in the corner. But generally our given Benji such a great attacking player and the guy that could strip numbers from any defense, it's upsetting to me that he can't translate how to how to you know, how to get that to the players, how to teach them to actually do it? And that's what coaching is about. It's about teaching players how to do it. There's no point Benji, you know, running shape of training. He needs to be able to explain to Loui and Latu and how to do this and be really x's and those and specific about how to do things. Sometimes I've questioned some of the team selections. Obviously, you know we don't know what goes on during a game, but your question the interchange. Sometimes, particularly when some bugs haven't got out on the field, I can accept, like Adele's pointed out to me, that a back or you know, a hooker or something doesn't get a run. But when a middle you know doesn't get on the field at all, I mean that there's something wrong there. It's either a lack of trust in the player or he's got the selection wrong. But no look for me. For me, it's a it's a it's a fail right now. And I put it this way to Eddie. We've got three players that were incumbent premiership winners in Happy corus Our, Jerome Leui and Tito Taruva. Now, if I go back to two thousand and six, and I know they're different players, but put those put players from those positions, such as Robbie Farrow, Benji Marshall and say Pat Richards, who'd be the three equivalents in those positions. If I took them out of the West Tigers in two thousand and five and put them in the team coming last in two thousand and six, I don't think they'd come last. Okay, so we've got basically a quarter of a premiership winning side sprinkled with some other talent there as well. We should not be wooden spooners. We shouldn't even be in the fight for the wooden spoon And to be fair, if we'd have won the games we should have won, we wouldn't even be talking about this right now. We should be in the middle of the pack, but we're not. And it's such an even comp you see too. That's what's most frustrating about it. This is probably our best chance to make the eight because the top four have separated themselves and we should have been in that fight from fifth to eighth and now we're basically in a fight for the bottom four.
Speaker 2: I noticed you didn't mention Brett Hodgson there, rob in your little comparison. But Adele espose from a coach's perspective, do you reckon they set like win targets at the start of the year or is it simply about next training session and improving individuals throughout the year. Do you think there was a specific top eight target or is that looking at it too simplistically?
Speaker 1: Oh, I think they'll have different targets amongst different parts of the organization. So you know, your football administration, your football committee would have targets, Your coaching staff will have their targets. You probably have one with the leadership group, and then obviously as a playing group as well. One of the things I always talk about is you sort of target little blocks of the season, so maybe your first four rounds, your first six rounds, a middle further orangein period. You know, I'm sure they break it down into that sort of stuff and try to target certain things. You certainly look at that period we lost six in a row and that's a massive negative and that that would put a lot of pressure, will take the confidence out of you. Sometimes it really takes its toll. But yeah, I'm sure they'll have targets or they'll have expectations. No doubt. They do change though during the year as well, both positively and negatively. I mean, if you have targets that are trying to be fifty percent, i'd say seam of the Camber Raiders, I recommend their goals will change halfway through this year, haven't they considering what it was to start of the year. So it's one of those things where you do have targets and you do have expectations, but they can change depending on circumstances as well.
Speaker 2: Rob twenty twenty six, So I think you know whether you like it or not. I reckon Benjie's going to be here for twenty twenty six. Is it as simple as top eight or bust or not.
Speaker 3: I think the goal should be to win a final. If you win one finals game, I think that would be a success. I've always been a believer Eddie that if you aim for a certain spot, you're probably not going to hit that mark. So if we aim for eighth, we're going to finish twelve. I think I think you really should be aiming top four every year and if you fall short, you fall short. And you know, teams that came for the premiership, they probably will still make the eighth. So just set your goals as high as you can and don't put any expectations. Like if Benji was to acquire a few more good players in the off season besides Kay Pierce Paul if you rate him as one, and Salen May who looks like he's going to be a really good asset to the club based on what he showed him Cup yesterday. There's no excuses. Just because we come seventeenth last year or potentially seventheenth this year doesn't mean that we should accept sixteenth or fifteenth just because we came last. There have been teams, you know, like the Rouses, you know back in twenty ten, that were Wooden Spooners in two thousand and nine and they made the Grand Final the year after. So I don't think we should set the bar so low, Eddie. But it really just depends on the cattle. If you know, we get a good run of injuries next year. There's lots of factors, you know before you really judge on what Benji should be doing or shouldn't be doing. But yeah, if he's not thinking finals thinking, you know, coming twelve is just a lot better and that's a good year. I don't buy that twelve is still a failure. We complained when we used to come ninth every year. Ready, so the glory is rob nine. Yeah, it turns out they were. The glory is we were like really depressed, weren't we? But yeah, I think if you're not playing finals, mate, and I don't even want to make I don't want to even come Ethan just get belted by thirty in week one, like you make the finals, you want to make an impact, So hopefully we can do that next.
Speaker 2: Year's changed tact a little bit adele like in terms of putting together a coaching staff, like I assume it's you know, Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett. It's a big part of their success is getting good assistance and looking at the West Tigers, I can see from what I can gather, the three assistants of Brett Hodgson, Chris Hrrington and John Morris, and then you've got Aaron Paine. Do you want to maybe break down from me what you think those guys specific roles are within thein the team at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes. Again, a lot of this is from what I know and what I understand. Again, that sort of stuff can change on the run as well. So specifically those guys, from what I understand, Brett Hodgson looks after the attack, John Morris looks after the defense. Chris Hinnington, I think his role can sort of be around the forwards. Plus he's what they call an effort coach, and from what I understand, he's really good at that. And what it does is it's one of those roles where I think the old school rugby league fans sort of sits there and sort of frowns upon some sort of role it's been created. It's not a role, it's been created. It's actually pretty common. And what it does is it actually focuses on the small parts of the game that you can't actually coach, but you sort of highlight to the players more so than anything. And then Aaron coaches obviously inhas Cup coach, but what he does is all of our transition coaching. So guys that are not playing first grade, he'll be working with them on their development and giving them all their feedback. So even guys that potentially are playing, especially with that club played Rob, Massy Cup, all that stuff. He's in charge of. Guys that are playing Flag that are on top thirty contracts. You might have someone like a Macassini who's a development player or I'm not sure he's a development player, or even the train and trialist. They're currently playing at the club. So who will go after those guys? So that's from what I understand, the current model they've got at the moment.
Speaker 2: Of Rob, that sort of structure at the moment, I mean they are is two thousand and five mates? I mean John Morris wasn't there two thousand and five. I think he was there two thousand and seven to two thousand and nine. But is that the right mix for Benji? And should some of those assistants be under pressure if Benji's not?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know if it's the right mix. Dy it depends. I mean, based on what I've seen so far, possibly not. But Bret Hodgson I don't think has had such a senior role with another NRL club before, So I guess you've got to give him some time in terms of whether someone else, like not in the two thousand and five Click or the West Tigers Click, should be there. I guess Benji's got to be able to trust the people he's got around him. It does concern me that it always seems to be that West Tiger's people are there only and maybe we need someone from the outside looking in, but we're not inside those walls. He so it's really hard to hard to judge that. But I will say if we do fail, the problem is that, like Benji needs to be able to say to whoever it's happened on the shoulder and say, guys, you know you're not the right people, because ultimately it's going to cost Benji his job if his mates aren't doing their job properly. So I think they're all responsibility.
Speaker 2: How important adele is having trust in your assistant coaches, Like, for instance, if you're a head coach of say a new franchise next year, and the organization says to you, we're going to give you this assistant coaching attack and this defense, would you be fine with that? You obviously want to take the job, but would you prefer ideally to pick guys that you trust and know or you open book on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess the situation and your resume sometimes can dictate that. If you want me to speak honestly, Benji Marshall as a rookie coach should have never been given that opportunity. You know, Ricky Stewart in two thousand. The only comparison I can give to Benji is Ricky Stewart at the Roosters. And this is where I say there's always an exception to every Ricky Stewart has the same experience that Benji did. And if anything, I'm going to say I think Benji was probably a little bit better player than Ricky Stewart, but same sort of character I was not say for a character, same sort of characteristics that he's taken from his rug from his football career's taken into his coaching career, same as Ricky Stewart. The difference was Riggy Stewart got given from what I remember, Shane Flanning and Ivan clearly, John Carr, right, Dean pay and there was one more and I can't remember who it was as his assistant. So he got given a massive team and he had Phil Good. That's what Benji should have been given, and he should have been given that with no questions asked. You know, and if you if someone approached me today and said I want you to go coach at the NRL West Tigers team, the hardest thing to do, as a guy who hasn't been coaching at that level is for them to bring a Jason Demetrio or David Ferner or I'm just throwing names out there, Brad Arthur to be my assistants. Because at the end of the day, what I know is if I don't do the job, there's already made replacement there. So I can understand how that would be tough me personally. I love that challenge, so I would want it. Have I been given assistant coaches in the past. This year I was given assistant coaches I never met. What you do is you work with them. You give them your trust. You don't They don't need to earn your trust. You're a head coach, You're responsible. Part of the challenge of being your head coach is being able to look with everybody. It's the same as players. You inherit players, and I'm saying, you know recruitment officers signed players at clubs that you don't want to be there. The easy option for me is to say I didn't appoint you, I didn't assign you, so you're good for me. I think the challenge needs to be as a head coach and be able to work with everybody. But then if those people can't do their job, you can be comfortable up and tell them they can't do their job as well.
Speaker 2: Interesting one that Adele raised their rob didn't raise its specifically, but Todd Payton like if he was to be sacked by the Cowboys, which I think he will be at the end of this year unless they go on a run. He would then become I think I don't think he's going to get a head coaching job straight away. It could be wrong, but he would then become that sort of figure that would have more experience than Benji and they are it despite being five Grand Final mates. He could possibly see Toydy Payton is some sort of threat or already made takeover. Where would you sit on someone like Todd Payton coming in? Maybe he as an assistant coach.
Speaker 3: Well, given the fact that he's won a premiership at our club and has had multiple roles as head coach now not only for the Cowboys but he had that great season with the Warriors as well, I think you know we'd be manned not to get him on board. He's got the experience. I know he's not having a good season this year. He's actually really only had one good season at the Cowboys, but the one thing with the Cowboys we have seen is they can attack and we seem to lack that attacking skill. So at a minimum, if he can help our attack, and if he's got that, if Benji can trust him enough to know that he's not going to get undermined by Todd Payton, then I don't see it being a problem. Adele's mentioned on our podcast Eddie that you know, like the head coach could go and then he could take over. I'm of the opposite belief. I think if Todd Peyton, for example, came to our club and we still failed miserably on the field, I don't see why he should. He should just be the next coach. I think you get rid of everyone, So I don't understand that logic. I know it happens, but I just don't get the logic behind that. So I think you're under as much pressure as an assistant coach. So hopefully, look, if Todd Peyton does become available, I'd love him to be at our club. I mean, he has some success with you know, with the younger kids. He underwe any ones or whatever it was back in those days. So yeah, if he's available, I'd certainly want to have him on board. But again, will Benji be happy with that? All he see that as someone's about to come in and take over from me.
Speaker 1: The hardest challenge of being an assistant coach sometimes is your loyalty to your head coach means you still implement a lot of the things they want and as an assistant coach, You're never going to go away from what the coach wants from you. Sometimes the change to an assistant coach can actually be of a benefit to the club, especially if there's fresh ideas. So for example, if the Panthers and I know they will go really, really well, Cameron Surroualdo was always talented and spoken about just as highly as I've been. Theory sometimes your assistant coach, even in the good and the bad, can be the difference between you're improving or you're not improving. I have no doubt if Cameron Sarreada stayed at the Panthers and took over from Ivan, I actually think the Panthers wouldn't be even better than what they are right now. The other thing from that perspective is if it also depends on who the coach is. If it is a Brett Hodgson or a John Morris who hasn't had the same type of experience as a Todd Payden has, well, then potentially I probably go along to what Rob just said there. Well, you can't really make that change. But when it is someone who I actually think they go pretty well to Cowboys, I don't think it's anything to do with Todd Payton, watching his coaching some of the things he says. He's actually one of those good ones that excuse me. When he speaks in press conferences, you can tell he's being really honest and he's very raw. There's no strategy in what he says to the extent where he'll call everybody out if they need to be called out. He's also shown that he can make some really big decisions. The reason why the Cowboys aren't going well, that's a very good question. I want.
Speaker 2: I've just got one more sort of nerdy one on this, adele, because I love, like, I love watching press conferences and body language and things like that, but coaching from the sideline, Like I was at that game against the Roosters and it was great TV for the people watching at home because it was like Benji was coaching Chelsea FC or something. It was nearly on the field. But what are the advantages and disadvantage do you think of coaching from the sideline at enter L level?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't think there is. I think there's no at another A level, there's no need to ever be on the sideline. I think it's like almost like a spray that you give a team you might, you know randomly on the on occasion, make your way down there. That's personal though, that's a personal preference. Richie Steward sits on the sideline. He's one of the few. But in the modern day, I don't I don't like it. I don't think it's ever necessary. I do it a lot at junior Rep level because it's different. You're at junior Rep level and I'll be honest as open as I can be here. Sometimes my assistant coaches and then you get at that level sort of don't have the experience and don't have the same ability, so sometimes your assistant coaches can have an impact. I don't know this information a fact. To me, it almost looks like that. The reason they're doing it at the moment is Benji is delegated game day interchange and all that sort of stuff, and one of the game day coaching to his assistance, which is pretty common across the league. I know Craig Bellamy barely does any of the x's and o's and the innertre inter change in Melbourne, so he's one example. Wayne Bennet doesn't do it itselfs So it is pretty common, but from my perspective, I can't understand at that level way they ever want to be on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Rob last one on sort of Benji is the West Tigers in general need sort of more help around him in terms of Benji and rich I tend to be doing everything at the moment, so they need someone who could potentially be like a general manager of football there or you don't think rich I think is not needed.
Speaker 3: Well, we haven't had much luck with the football managers in the past, have we. I guess rich O you for a start, did that as a cost cutting measure and everything wanted to go through him. So the fact that rich I wanted to micro manage what players we got and didn't get and it was just him and Benji, I think that's an easy, easier way to get your roster right because obviously, you know, if like we saw the disagreements with Benji and Fulton over over different players and what have you previously, so there it helped to get a football manager if you could trust that person. Yeah, but again it just I just want our players to have that system below first grade where they can develop, where they understand what the first grade team's trying to do and the players just play to a system. And you know, like we saw yesterday, when you know the New Zealand are missing their main guy, they're half back, the next blow can come in and just do his role and understand it. And that's what we need. Below that, we need to find our style. And then I just hope we set up the platform below first grade that that's where we need the help, Beattie, That's where I'd like to get the professionalism, the assistance the guys with experience below that, not the young guys. We want the older guys that around for years that can devel. We need to poach the blokes that are whatever they're doing at Penrith, Mate, we need to poach those blokes because they've just got that way of just getting the best out of their kids coming through and by the time that he first grade, they're ready to go. So I'd be more focused on getting the Pathways right as opposed to just getting a football manager.
Speaker 1: On that note, and we do have a general manager of football and Rob should know this because it's my good friend Betsy Matthew Betsy who was our head of Pathways previously. His strength, he's not a recruitment manager. So obviously when he moved into the role, we did have recruitment in scott Fulton and there was someone else actually McDonald as well and Warren McDonald were the two guys that were sort of doing that role. Then they obviously have to separate one because they didn't get along, and then obviously it's going into this model. It's funny. I actually sent rob a a podcast today of Steve Gillison David Riola, who a two prominent player managers. And one of the things I'm talking about, without dropping names, I'll talking about how certain clubs with the recruitment and how it's important with the recruitment and all that sort of stuff. Certain clubs have five six people in their recruitment and we're talking about how one club batterly and one official person working in their recruitment, and that's our club. We've got Shannon Gland does the role. But even from that perspective, Shannon glan has the role, but he doesn't have the role from an NRL perspective where he can you know, he makes the final decision around recruitment and all that sort of stuff. That's where our resources need to come in and like I said about Benji in regards to coaching, there is so much more. And look, this is me presuming I can't say this for fact. I think Richo has made it a conscious effort because we've heard him saying now on multiple podcasts and multiple interviews that it's about making profit this year for the club and showing that and the way to do that is by cost cutting in jobs. And I get it. In the short term, it's not going to show anything on the field because probably resources wise, but we don't have ahead of Pathways anymore. We don't have anyone on our beside Channon recruitment team. We do have Bronson Harrison is our bell main junior rep coordinator. Shannon Gland doesn't do West anymore. I'm trying to remember who I think who does West right now. I'm not sure who it is, but yeah, still, we do have a general manager at football, but his role as not it's not your Gus god role, it's not your Frank Benisi role. It's more of an administration role.
Speaker 2: Let's dive into boys a bit of some of the words you use then minute ago, rob structure, system, stuff like that, and I'll go specifics with coach in a minute. But rob attack wise, the team's played seventeen games scored three hundred and thirty four points, which is about average of twenty points a game four or five years ago. That would be decent. I don't think that's very good now. Only the rabbit O's, Eels and Knights have scored less points so far this year, so fourteenth ranked in attack. What have you made of the sides of this year generally.
Speaker 3: Eddie, I think it's a pretty simple style, and I don't mean that as a criticism. I just think when you've got so many new additions to the team, like we had four or five year recruits from other clubs, we've got young guys coming through, you know, some debuting or some have had less than twenty games. You know, you've got to try and keep it reasonably simple. I'm a little bit surprised, as Adel always points out to me, that we're not more appy centric. You know, Appy's hardly run for any meters in the last few games that he has played, and we've got, in my opinion, the best hooker in the competition. Galvin leaving mid season obviously didn't help, as I touched on earlier with you, so you know you've gone from basing your game plan around Leui and Galvin. Now Galvin's not there. You can't just fix that in five minutes. Granted I love everything that La too faint who's bringing to the club. I just think we've never had a problem getting from our try line to the other end, and our kicking game is not bad. It's just literally, Eddie, when we get in that red zone, we're just like a deer in headlights. So I don't know how to fix that. I'm not a coach. I'm sure it all has better ideas in terms of that, but given we've got one of the greatest playmakers in history, I just don't get how he can't teach that because he's got capable players. It's not like he's got bums there, mate. He's got a four time premiership winner as his captain. Before he left, he had the hottest young prospect in the game arguably, and now he's got another brilliant prospect too. In my opinion, in terms of halfbacks, he's only probably second to Young Katowa from the Dolphins in terms of what they're potentially capable of being. So he's got great players there. He's got Buller at fullback, he's got great finishes in Taruver and Skelton. Tower's found a leg this year. I don't know why we can't score in the red zone, mate, just other teams seem to be able to strip teams of numbers so easily. I watched that Saint George Ruce's game Saturday afternoon that was quite late, the five o'clock game or whatever it was, and the first five tries we're just basically stripping teams of numbers and scoring and it looks so easy. So again, I don't know how that all works. Adele would know better than me, Eddie, but look it's it's probably a pass because we get to the quarterline reasonably well, but once we get there we seem to lack a bit of creativity.
Speaker 2: I'll ask you two questions at Adele, what is our style if we have an attacking style? And I often hear the coaches before a game, and whether it's just a throw a line and whether it was Seabold or Cleary or Robinson. A couple of them said in pregame West Tigers are an unorthodox or unconventional side. And I assume they're talking about with the ball. Is that almost like a backhanded criticism to say they sort of you know, when they fall behind, they start throwing the ball around, or how do you how do you sort of read that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, answer your first question, I don't think we have a style yet. I agree with Ron, and I don't know whether that's a positive or I haven't sort of figured that out in my own mind. Sometimes you sit there and as a coach, you're sort of trying to you believe in what you believe in, but at the same time you're trying to figure out what you look like. I think the problem for us is we're too focus too much on about our attack. I should think our attack isn't too bad. It's not pretty, but it doesn't fundamentally base what you do as a team of results. Wise. Look, I don't take much notice of what other people say about us because we've won three wooden spoons, Like nothing is genuine that comes out of other team's mounts. So you know, I think they try to be respectful, but at the same time Mike gives them backhanded compliments or even some backhand pieces of criticism. But I don't really worry too much about what other teams say. It's a really good question you ask in regard to our style of football. I don't think we've been able to figure it out, and I do think there.
Speaker 2: Is reasons for that look and some individuals Rob obviously the big names in our attack, you know, Happy Chorus, our Gerene Buller. But I'll start with Jerome. I think the plan initially obviously was to turn him into a halfback. That seemed to shift halfway through the year. I can only go off Shane Richson chasing Adam Reynolds. Now he's back playing in the six, in the seven, where do you see his best moving forward for our club?
Speaker 3: I see his best as a six. But just to touch on that a little bit further, I mean you've got to put that down to a fail from us. We've identified him as a seven. We're paying something in the vicinity of one point two to one point three million dollars to get the best out of him on the field. I love I love the guy. I love what he brings off the field. I love what he's trying to do to the culture of our club to set up a winning formula. But we're not seeing enough on the field. I think he is better when he's got a little bit more rumor, as all players do, and gets into that second receiver role. I certainly think lats who can help him do that. Excuse me, but yeah, I think moving forward he has to be he has to be the six. But geez, a lot of money to be paying for a six, So you'd want him to start producing a little bit more on the field in terms of results, in terms of you know, try and see something. You know, I keep mentioning Galvin's name. Galvin left the club a couple of months ago, and he's still got more try assists for the Tigers than Luli has this year. So you know, it's quite damning in that way if you if you're just looking at it statistically, But again, you see how hard he tries. Generally. I think he was suffering a little bit of an origin letdown yesterday. I mean, given he had a fair bit in terms of the contribution to our failure in Game two and Game three, though we did have some good moments. Yeah, he was definitely on a bit of a downer yesterday, But normally he's really upbeat, he's really driving the team and it's funny, Eddie. We've got co captains in Romey and Happy, but when I watched the Tigers, it looks to me like Roamy's team. I don't look at Appy as the captain anymore because that's how much influence I see Roami with barking instructions, and I just feel like Appy is more of a what's the term, like he's just been given the captaincy as a like a little bit of a royalty sort of thing. But really the main guy is Jerome Leui do you mind?
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for boys, So it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I'll go to that point first. I don't think he's been given a token, because if you look at Isaao and Nape and Theory, you can still tell the difference on who's your captain. I think that's just the fact that Jerome is the general. I'll say a couple of things. One, I don't think being a six or being a seven, honestly, in the modern day makes too much of a difference. I think at the end of day, you look at Darren Lockier. Darren Lockey was a six, but he ran the theme, puts the ball more than anybody, even at someone like Camera Munster. He gets the board just as much as Jerome News does, but obviously Jeromews brings a different dynamic to the game from their perspective. I don't want to be perceived as someone who comes up with excuses, but I have no doubt in the world that Jerome coming in so late. Then on top of that Origin, then on top of that Galvin, then on top of that even Lato's issues with injury. You cannot expect, doesn't matter who you are. Even Nathan Cleary had to struggled with started this year when they're chomping and changing Halds with him until they put Saloni there and he's played week in week out. You cannot expect someone, it doesn't matter what level you're at, to be able to just go click and that's going to work. And I know it's easy for us. And I'm going to have the Red Holt crack. And then when I get on the West Tidle of my podcast tonight, I'm going to have a Red Holt crack at our fans at the moment because some of the narrative and the conversations around your own to me are really really disappointing. He had a bad game yesterday, Absolutely no doubt about that. You're entitled to have a bad game. I think footballers are in general, are entitled to not play well a couple of times. I think some of the narrative around his origin performance are disgraceful, some of the blameing in regards to that one kick, Like if you're a team, am I allowed to swear on this video? Or like if you can't defend a effing set of six because of one seven seven tackle set? And people in the media want to sit there and rip into one blow about one seven tackle set, Well, you did say, kidding yourself, like he's been made the scapegoat at all, and it's just terrible, Like it's so poor. And I think it's because he plays for the West Tigers, which I don't blame people for criticizing our club and making fun of us. We won three wooden spoons. I think you're allowed to make fun of people who are failing at a professional level, and that's what we're doing. I think in the long term, Jeromes is exactly what we need. Do we need the pieces around him to be just as good and better, Yes, But the number one thing we need is a competitor in our team. Someone to set a standard from that perspective, and that's what Jerab does.
Speaker 3: No offense to Adell, I can't buy that we're coming into round twenty. I get everything you're saying about what he brings with the attitude and all that sort of stuff. In terms of the Origin Adele and again that's not West Tiger's related. That was like an arm wrestle where your new South Wales and I'm Queensland and you got me three quarters of the way down in that early tussle, and he was the first thing that went wrong with that kick, and I know it led to a seven will set in the penalty and they got to Neil. But these are the moments, like how many games do we need to score? When we score first, we generally win, you know, except for yesterday. But that's so important in Origin to get off to a great start in the decider. He had a bad starting in game two in Perth. I mean that first trisis it was lucky to hit his foot and he had a terrible first half. He certainly made up for it in the second half, but the guys won four premierships. At what stage is he meant to click for us, like he knows what to do, Like what what stage do we get to see him in a cohesive unit with our club. I accept what you're saying about Galvin and origin and interruptions and a new Young's Halves partner and all that, but what are we supposed to do? Like, so, where is it going to be? Middle of next year? Is it going to be in year three? Can you answer that formula? What's what's the right timeline?
Speaker 1: If where? If I'm If I'm someone who walks around at seventy helos and I put on thirty kilos of weight, I can't expect to lose his thirty kilos in a year or not, Let's not say in two or three weeks. And that's the sort of timeline we're talking about. When can he expect When can we expect him to be at his best when he's been given And it's not his fault, it's not the club's fault, it's not even the playing group's faults, not even Bensi's fault. You can't forecast what was going to happen with Galvin. I still have no doubt, and I think rich I remember Richard saying it in the preseason. The fact that he come in in January is not ideal. I actually tried to google a little bit earlier to see if someone are playing this year. But when you get a full pre season in which he's not been able to get with us, especially coming to a new team where you're dealing with young kids, a new combination, you know, obviously yes he's got the combination, but happy that that's all he's got. He does not know anybody else. It's not easy to just walk in and go click. If him and Galvin, let's just say, let's just use that Galvin as hypathetic. If we are in the sane Harves combination all year and we got to this stage, i'd agree with you wrong. But I think I look it. I actually looked it up the other day. Record when Galvin and Luil are our halves, it's above fifty percent. Now we can start sitting that standard with him and Lato and see where how they go.
Speaker 3: But you know, I was just going to say, all the numbers on their back side. It kind of does make a difference these days, Like you know, not even two years ago, it was literally the numbers meant nothing because it was literally one guy plays left half, one guy plays right half. But we've seen with some of our success this year when we've score tries or made breaks, so we've had both halves on the same side of the field. And particularly that game against Canberra when Latu Feynu came on as soon as Jerome Leueye got wider. I mean he did some great line breakers this, you know. I think one to Adam Dewey Wonder SAMUELA feyn who, like I just think he needs a little bit more room. I'm not sold on his kicking game, mate, I thought that. I mean again, I'm probably I've still got yesterday's kicks in mind. It's not that they were bad, it's just they were what's the term impotent, Like you see Adam kick a ball like he can boot the crap out of it. I just don't think he's got the strong enough kicking game to be that dominant halfback. I think he's more suited to being a six, more suited to being a second receiver than being a first receiver. And we've tried to put him into a space that he really didn't fit into, and from what I've seen so far, I'm sure he's capable of being a really good seven, but from what we've seen this year, I don't see that mate.
Speaker 1: Last time, Sorry, Eddie, I think you're going to ask a question a little bit later about a position week and sign I'll answer that question said.
Speaker 2: Just last one on sort of Jerome Adele and I'll tie Adam Doweens as well, because like I'm just a creat coach, mate, I teach you a lot of our Indians for defense. A big shout out to Indian fans are listening. But like the last twenty minutes was interesting yesterday, Like Adam Dewey going to thirteen, and I know he sort of did that a bit against manly, it wasn't thirteen. I think he went into the halves late and maybe it's easier to dominate a game late when everyone's struggling. But just thought of Isaiah yo penrith. And please don't confuse me for saying Adam do's Isaiah yoh, But I thought could that potentially help Jerome Lewi just get him a little bit wider left and having that central guy in Dewey orchestrating a bit more from a great coach perspective.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you that observation is much better than a footy coach. It was actually what I was about to answer when you talk about what we need. I also think it's no flute that even earlier in the year when LA two was coming on at thirteen, we look better. So I potentially think that's what we need as a group, not just it's not so much the individual. Someone who was a genuine ballplayer at thirteen, I think unlocks a little bit of what we do. Look he's doing that guy, well, I think that's up to do it. If he wants to play the role. You know, it's something that could happen. It's just about whether he wants to do it or not. I've been around long enough now in the last couple of years, watching his team very closely to know that Adam has his ups and downs, and especially his challenge has more been around defense and his application of his defense. This year, it's improved. And if anyone doesn't acknowledge that, or they're kidding themselves. And I think Adam is in the same boat as a lot of other players, where people either criticize him, don't like him and criticizing or don't say a word when he's playing well, I don't think he's our halves solution in the long term. He might be able to fill a gap in the meantime because I actually potentially think that, you know, if Latu's got the attitude, we think, potentially you go back to putting Latsu at thirteen while he's building his game and playing that role off the bench that he was early in the year. But they're the sort of decisions you get paid for as a head coach to make, and you live a name work and you know that when you lose, you're going to get criticized for it, and when you win, no one's going to he's going to compliment you. They're still going to wait for you to lose, especially in a position we're in. But yeah, it's something that I'm sure the club looked at. I mean, considering Benji made that move in the second half on the weekend, I think it's something that I think my perception of that and I said it on the podcast last week, is I think why he made the move is because I think Taylor made will be in sooner rather than later, and I think Adam's in our best seventeen So I think Adam will go to the bench and we'll come on and play that fourteen roll.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that question, I'll go there. Now. Let's let's assume you know KPP and Taylor may are in the side next year. Is lock the position you think most needs addressing, because do his off contract would if just let's say he moves on. Do you think a ball playing lock is key for this side.
Speaker 1: I think a middle forward. I think a middle forward is the key for us. If you're not going to get a ball playing lock, a genuine or even thought the man to be. I mean, who would have thought Kirkman and Bailey Hey would are going to be genuine ball playing locks and have influence on football games? No one, right, So it's either putting time and effort into somebody and turning them into that, because I think that's the only way you can do it. I don't think there's anyone out there that you know you're going to sign a Cameron Murray or Isaao. They're not coming off contract.
Speaker 2: With Dylan Perfect. He went to Parrot earlier this year. I watched him play yesterday. I thought, man, he's footy, IQ's high in the middle.
Speaker 1: But again, Dylan walk is a manufactured lock. Yeah, you know, he's not someone so from our perspective, it's we identify. We maybe go to at him and say, look, let's put a bit more bulk on you, let's work on you. We'll give you a bigger contract, we'll give you a longer term. We want to turn you into our third And in the long term he may want that. I think the person's got to want to accept the challenge as well. The other one for me is a middle forward. And when I when I say middle forward, I mean a genuine destructive middle forward who can find that front, who generates good line speed, who has a little bit of intimidation and a bit of fear factor. I think our forwards all play very very similar. Obviously, I think we tried them in Roy's Humber. That experiment obviously hasn't worked. I think in genuine hard running middle which is not available for next year unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Rob last one on sort of the attack, I still think we're lacking in a bit of pace and power and that's probably captain obvious statement. But like look in our centers and edgeback rowers, do we have enough athletes coming through or is it just the way that we don't run hard enough of teams or to me, it looks like physically we don't look like we have some of the athletes other clubs do.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, we don't have the athletes other clubs do. But that said, we've got young Macasini coming through and I think you'll find I hope Taylor may All be named in the team this week to face the Titans. So we've got two guys that run hard and run fast.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: We're definitely lacking speed, Eddie. That's one thing that we're really devoid of. I mean, Buller is deceptively quick, so I'll give him that. And we keep hearing about the Forbes Ferrari, but we doesn't seem to get in the clear too much. Old mate stainsy, But yeah, we're devoid of pace. And yah, I just think even when you look at our forwards, I think some of the other club's young forwards coming through, they just seem to have this prototype of big six foot three, six foot four, young big Polynesian boys and we don't have all that coming through. So I don't know if it's who we identify or what we're doing, But yeah, other clubs seem to have more natural, naturally talented players or physically talented players than we do.
Speaker 2: I think Blocker called him Dan Stain yesterday, so a bit of a flashbackin in the nineties for Blocker. I mean, he's loved listening to his commentary. Not with defense. Adele four hundred and thirty six points conceded this year, average of about twenty five and a half a game. Only the Cowboys and Titans have conceded more. But there are a few buyers and stuff and variables in there, so I think we were only slightly higher than two or three other clubs. Do we have a specific defensive system and what have you made over all of the team's defense this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. Be harsh for me to say this, but it's hard to tell if we do. I think it changes. And again I'm saying this off what my eyes are telling me. This is not inside information of anything I learned previously being at the club at all. It almost seems like the individual makes the choices in how they defend, especially on our edges, because some of it doesn't make sense. You look at the staff to teller when it was the stuff to its Chanelle Harris of Entitroy and staff to Teller's decision making a correct defense if the system would never allow Senator make that decision. So either the players just cannot implement what the coach's system is or the system is broken. The hard part for us is we don't know what the truth is. It's got to be one of the other. It's not even in between them that it's got to be that there is a good system or there is a system going to need to be a good system as there is one, but it keeps getting broken by the players because I am seeing so many insistencies with the decision making we are coming up with, especially on our edges. We are middles of the defensive system. Middle Wise, the onely thing you really can focus on is things like tackle control, principles around a defenders, principles around market work, all that sort of stuff. Unless you're hearing things and you actually can get access to the players on the field, you can't actually really tell too much about your defensive systems and around the middle of the field. But I have no doubt how defensive well. Defense doesn't have a consistent system and the principles get broken too frequently in my liging.
Speaker 2: Does that where like a player like Skelton can get exposed because he's got a lot of heat at the moment. And I remember an offer back in the day. He used to drive me crazy running off his wing. But I think he came out once basically a bad idea on Twitter or something and said, basically, a lot of the problems are happening inside me. Is that happening for Skelton or has he got his own defensive issues.
Speaker 1: He's got a really big problem with decision making if you look at the dall and try on the first half of the scrub. So there's one, for example, where Adam Doing makes a decision to come off, to come off to basically turn in. We call it come in to take the lead runner a proper defensive system, and I'm a very comfortable saying this. Any logical defensive system says, when your center makes the decision, you follow, So you just take the next man and you challenge him to be able to. Skelton doesn't neither one or the other. So he's sort of in between making the right decision or making a decision. I think he just struggled with that. It's funny I see a lot of our band talking about Tui Tupo, who's in the cup. Very similar. As a winger, you've got to be good with understanding the defensive system, the defensive principles, and being good at making decisions. That's where Adam do. He has been really good for us at left center because I think he's done a really good job and reading defense and making good decisions. He's been let down by his winger way too much.
Speaker 2: Last focus point, boys, in terms of sort of system and structure, I just want to focus on like contact and collision. I've listened to your podcast number of times this year, Rob, What do you make of the forward pack in general? Do we have too many forwards of a similar ilk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there, Eddy, we do. Look, I think yesterday has really affected my opinion on how our forward pack has gone. I think ultimately we've done really well this year. I think Terrell May has just been the standout forward of the competition in terms of his output, in terms of the meters he makes, you know, the tackles he makes, the lack of misstackles. He's got an offload in him. He's doing two men's work. And I think it's a little bit lopsided in terms of how our pack is. We're certainly getting some good output from Sioni Feinu Ballet is a great player. Though we didn't have a good game yesterday, there's enough there to work with. But just seeing the way that pack was manhandled yesterday by New Zealand, who are arguably missing their best forward in Mitch Barnett, that was really disheartening for me. But I guess overall you give it a pass. But I guess I'd rather judge it in another seven or eight weeks from now, Eddie than right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard you an other times coach talk about losing collision and contact. Is that like that was obvious yesterday? But is that a gap in talent between the sides or can that be a deficiency in either application of the players or how they're being taught by coaches or combination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely a combination of both. In regards to collision, a lot of it comes down to your competitiveness As a competitor. You need to want to come out of a line and show the line speed that's needed at that sort of level. But then there's also a second part of it that comes with what's been coached. So as a team, for example, I think we don't have an emphasis on winning tackle one and two. What I mean by that is pick any game and I'll use the balld on because they're really good at it. Go watch every time it can kicks the ball down the field, and watch the first tackle, and watch what the emphasis is on what the defensive side does, and then watch what our team does. We tackle. Okay, our job is to It's almost like our players all they care about is getting it, trying to get to the guy on the ground, the guy agree you look at to a picky yesterday, how many times he bumped the first man. Our dual contact is not there. Our kickchase application is so poor, Like there needs to be so much more work on kick chase. It's where it starts for us. Then if you can win tackle one, usually you're a chance of winning tackle two, which will have a big impact. And I just think our wrestle work is not good enough. I know the club has a wrestle coach. I know who the wrestle coach is. He is very highly regarded, So you know it's potentially from a resource perspective, They've got the right person there. Potentially, I don't know. I don't know him personally. I just know who he is and how he's regarded around the league. He used to be at Canberra, previously worked under Ricky Stewart, So potentially you turn around and go well, other players capable of doing it. I'm not sure what the solution is to that, because to me, it's almost you sit there and work on that till it becomes perfect. If you cannot win tackle one and two defensively in a football game, you will not win football games. And I think we've proven that this year. It's been a big reason why we have not won football games in my opinion.
Speaker 2: My boys, Well, that was fascinating sort of insight tactically from both of you there. But we're going to go to a bit more rapid fire stuff here. I've got a few coaching questions. I'm going to intertwine them into buy cell, wholes or release. So I want you to just give me one word, but then I want you to expand on it a little bit. So Rob, I'm going to fire you the first one. Okay, old school coaches, and I've got in braggets here, Madge Dez, Shane Flanagan. Are they on the way out? Buy sell or hold?
Speaker 3: Now? I'm buying that. I mean for one simple reason, they're getting older, aren't they. Yeah, definitely definitely buying that. I think now it's just about what you can get out of your players, getting the best out of your players, getting the best out of your team. You know some still have it, like I know Souse are failing, but obviously Wayne Bennett still got that aura about him and he can still do it. And don't know where we stand with Madge. He's a little bit up and down. But look, as far as I'm concerned, as long as you've got the right coach and who's done the hard yards on the apprenticeship, believes in what he's doing, I think that's all that matters now. And I think we're going to go towards younger coaches now. It doesn't affect us, guys, but I would be so excited to see the Gold Coast get the Walker brothers because I know they were doing so many radical things six and seven years ago and they haven't coached for a while now. But if they do end up getting that Titans gig. That's the sort of thing that would excite me to watch a team like that and see what they come up with. I think everyone just copies everyone else now, like most people have follow you know, copying Penrith obviously because they've won four Premierships in a row and can it's just another version of Penrith at the moment. And I think, you know, we need someone to rejuvenate the game and be a little bit more revolutionary and come up with something new. So yeah, I think the old coaches are out data, but they've certainly got a place in the game still.
Speaker 2: I'll ask you one more question, Adele, because I don't know how to frame this as a by cell whole. But I was listening to Phil Good and I can't stand the guy, but I do like listening to him, and he was talking about trying to get clubs off the bottom of the ladder, and he pretends that he loves the Tigers and blah blah blah, but he was saying, basically, when you're in the bottom, you have to improve your attack first, and you buy trying to buy players that can hit the scoreboard for you, and then you can improve your defense. Does that make sense or not.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't make sense if you look at his model as what he's got at the moment. So it comes down to your coach. Your coach dictates what you want your team to look like. If you're asking me, you know I can't use it. For example, I can use an row for example. If you the club called me to mine and said you're our coach for the next three years, I would go buy a halfback. The first thing I'd do is go buy a half back. So I'll flip it back to the NRAL if you if I'm a West Tiger's coach, I look at what position we need. And the funny thing about that is you're actually building your attack for us, because I would go by a lock. I think the habits you can build in pre season will improve your defense and the application the players put into that. But yes, your attack needs to become better.
Speaker 2: All right, Rob, We'll go just one word on this one. Our young players these days hit maybe Galvin de Silver more entitled, or is it because of the environment you create.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of both, mate, But honestly, I'm going to say it's the environment you create, because we see so many players at other clubs that you know are young and they're happy to buy their time. I know, I've heard Steve on your podcast, you know, mentioned that the grants of the world, and I can't think of the I eight the sitting behind Munster that hurt his knee, But guys like that, even the winger that just did his hamstring from Melbourne, they're all young. They don't seem to have an ego. And even if you look at the guys that aren't as young anymore, like your Dylan Edwards and your Isaiaeos, they've just always looked like respectful people and they've never had egos. They were really young ones and they never busted to get out of clubs or do anything differently. So yeah, I think it's about the environment you create. And look, there's nothing wrong with trying to please your players, but I feel like, you know, from what we see, with what we've seen with Galvin and Tallon, we're just letting people get their way, and that's something that I think all were Tigers fans are frustrated with. And I've got no issue with letting them go. It's just trying to get something in return for them, whether it's a player. I don't think getting one hundred and fifty one hundred and sixty thousand means anything to us. We don't care we've we've got, you know, big salary caps. We keep hearing how much money we've got in the pool, in this war chest and everything. It means nothing to us. We just want to get wins. So I just think it's about setting having a good environment and you know, teaching young people to be respectful and making them work hard and just yeah, just I guess the generation is entitled Eddie. But I think if you create the right environment at the club, you can get rid of those egos. And look, I think the test will be in terms of what you've just mentioned. Now, let's judge Lockie Galvin where he's in eighteen months from now, in terms of how he acts on and off the field and what his performances are like, and if he does put his head down and do the hard work, then I guess you could say, well, he's gone all a better environment than what we have.
Speaker 2: I thought I noticed a bit of stopping by him, and then that Broncos game, Rob when he threw a couple of passes that hit the deck. He was looking around like it was someone else's fault.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just think I thought Henry might have coached that out of him in a week, but maybe not.
Speaker 3: Mate, that was That's probably the worst game of his short career. And I know it sounds harsh, but he did cost some victory. He pushed the pass at every opportunity. Even the first two tries that they ended up scoring from were from push passes. One that got a six again off Adam Reynolds, one that went behind their whole right hand edge, and it ended up being the winger Montoya who picked up the ball and did this amazing pass behind his head that ended up leading to a try. Like even his bad passes turned into gold at the beginning of the game. But he just kept pushing and pushing and pushing, and then to push the pass that he did at eighteen mil up, you know, twenty meters out from the line to kickout. I mean that turned the whole momentum of the game. So he'll learn from that, Mate. He's only young, and he's a talent. There's no and there's definitely a bit of sour grapes from me. But let's just see how he is in eighteen months from now. And also let's see how talent to Silver is and see if Jason Rowles, you know, keeps him ground and if they do that, then you'll say it's the environment that's not the player.
Speaker 1: Surprise. Surprise is awere with Rob I'll say this, I actually think that My conspiracy theory is I think Lucky Galvin got punished for the Bulldogs. Well what you just said any about his reactions of some of the players last week. I think that from a standards perspective and what I understand about Serroaldo, he's really big on that. I think he was punished. I think he was dropped because of that. That's my that's my I like theories.
Speaker 2: I like that. I'm going to run with that. I think that's fact.
Speaker 1: Coach.
Speaker 2: I'll ask you bysel, hold do NRL sides play in the personality of their head coach?
Speaker 1: So whole means in between.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold means on the fans.
Speaker 1: Hold. I'll hold on that, and I'll say they should do they necessarily do that, not necessarily, but they should the good teams do.
Speaker 2: I say to my cricket side coach, like I'm a bit of a prick and you know, we finished third lass in the spirit of cricket, so they play in my personality. So I was quite happy when we finished third last in the spirit.
Speaker 1: But the question, the question for that is, you know, when you batter, were you aggressive? When you bold? Were you do.
Speaker 2: You want to pay more? A grinder? Gritty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's the sort of personality I think that the players should show, you know, I think that's where you look at South Sydney, even though they're not going great. You look at Cody, you look at a lot of the players, a lot calmer this ye would wig in there right again, a reflection of his personality. You go to Melbourne, they are intense and don't stop. You know, they're always you know, you go to the Roosters, their coaches have silk, their silks, you know, it's a reflection of the personality of the coach.
Speaker 2: Righty, boys, I'm going to take a few of these out because I'm mindful. You've got another your own podcast.
Speaker 3: Again, mate, ask what you've got to ask it and if you make it a two part pot let it be a two part part. It's fine, mate, We're he for.
Speaker 2: You, right rum rich O with the beard, not including the bid, still has you one hundred percent backing.
Speaker 3: He's got one hundred percent support.
Speaker 4: But then, if I can rephrase that slightly, Eddie, I've gone from one hundred percent confidence to about seventy five percent confidence in him.
Speaker 3: Now. I thought the whole handling, particularly of the the Silver situation, that's just lost me a little bit. We got nothing in return other than saving a tiny bit of cap space for letting him go early. I do not see the reason why we strengthened another team who were in the fight for the spoon with and how he couldn't have been an asset to us, you know, whether Appy goes down next week, got Heaven forbid that, or Young Hope or anything like that. So he's just lost me a little bit that way. Plus the fact that he went rather silent through that whole Galvin period of him about to go or soon to go, and then he went. And I know there were legal ramifications and all that sort of stuff, but I felt like the Richo we'd seen prior to that situation would have come out, been on the front foot, done a ten minute behind the roar, or whatever the case may be. Or send an email out to members and put us at ease, and I just felt like I just started building a lot of doubt. Eddie said, look, he's always going to have my backing mate, like I even I'm not seeing Banji anymore, and Benji will always have my support and I'll be cheering the team. Will the cows come home? But in terms of whether I believe in rich, Oh, I've just lost a little bit of confidence.
Speaker 2: There now, Coach, you've lost your hold. You're not allowed to hold anymore. It's only by or Sell. It's a mistake to resign happy until twenty twenty eight. By or Sell, I'll sell.
Speaker 1: It's not a mistake, man.
Speaker 2: Why because at the.
Speaker 1: End of the day, you can never ever ever doubt the experience of a player, and class is permanent. Class is always permanent. So for me, you know, unless you can potentially back the unknown. And like I said previously, and I said this earlier in the year, and I almost feel like I've been a little bit vindicated. I mean not yet, especially with the galvan one. But I've always talked about the fact that I think that if you didn't sign up he now for the next two years, it means you're needed a stop gap solution until I think the better hooker for us is Jared Hayward would come through. So I think it's the perfect signing and the timeline sort of works.
Speaker 2: Rob. We're not going to go down the rabbit hole with this one, but James Tedesco is the club's club's greatest ever fallback.
Speaker 3: You know where I stand on this.
Speaker 2: Sorry, they'll back you up on the other one. But just to throw my little defense of Hodgo, I just thought Hodj's O five season was Bennet and Teddy sixteen season. Am I wrong? Coach? Do you think I'm way wrong?
Speaker 1: You're way wrong? Man? Toscos that season from Tedesco that was.
Speaker 2: He was Maybe it's because we lost games on switch or something.
Speaker 1: I'll put it to you this way, Tedesco. Tedesco was in five. We win the minor premiership.
Speaker 2: Rob. We'll just go a short answer this, otherwise we'll we going forever. Does the club need to settle on a maximum of two home grounds by twenty twenty seven by ourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm buying that. Look, the decision has to be made if we're serious about growing that MacArthur region. Mate, I really need this Campbelltown thing to get through. So if you don't want me to go on further than that, I'm happy to stop there. But yeah, we need we need clarity. We need to home grounds only, not multiple home grounds. Our team needs a home ground where they can get the full support and where they're used to playing and where it's a fortress. We don't have that now, mate. We're playing games at paramatter against paramatter. I don't care about the corporate facilities where we're giving away two competition points when we do that. So you're not going to get short answers out of me yetie, And don't let the bell so easily with the whole stuff, ok mate, Because of course we because we do play to Benji's personality. Mate, He's a natural at everything he does and there's not much hard work put in. That's how that's our seem. Okay, I'm going to I'm going to fire him up.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to take the bait, but I will say this. I'm going to be very controversial here. I think like can't over should be our home ground full time.
Speaker 3: Gosh.
Speaker 1: But but but obviously yeah, at a loss from in regards to financial you.
Speaker 2: Know, now, like I would listen to people for years say, oh, the big sides play at the big stadiums and that's how you grow your club. And I don't want to use Pranulla as an example of success, but they play at a twelve thousand seed, but they have a genuine home ground advantage and so demandly and it shits me no end that we've played one game at like Art and we're coming up in around twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'll also say this, I mean, I've seen the numbers in regards to the Bridge and Broncos and how much money they make. I guarantee you this not a lot of it has to do with sun called stadium. It's an advantage, but it's not a lot of it to do some cars fadium perspective. So look, once I've become a billionaire, I will buy the club. I will play every game at Like Art Oval and then thanks for coming.
Speaker 3: It's a double edged sword to Eddie because Campbelltown's season fifish at the end of June. So the people in MacArthur are you don't get a game out there as well?
Speaker 2: They're meaningful games if you're down the bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're depriving, so Campbelltown are going to get to cry for the rest of the year. And like Art's only had one game, As you said, we're coming in a round twenty. It's not good enough mate.
Speaker 2: With your coach. I've got one for you here, Lart too fine. Who is more likely to become a rep level player than talent of silver or Lucky Galvin? By ourself? By?
Speaker 1: Well, it's likely, Yeah, so bye, because he'll play for time this year.
Speaker 2: That's a bit of a sideways cut out there. But do you think better in our ochera Galvin or fin him?
Speaker 1: I said it previously. I was attacked by blokes who work in rugby league. I think Latu will, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
Speaker 2: Rob. Only you allowed one word for this one, because this is a negative one. A fourth wooden spoon in a means the club is impossible to turn around. No, thank you for being positive there, Adele. There are at least five players in the current roster that could be a part of the West Tiger's next premiership side.
Speaker 1: Bye, yes, absolutely. Do you want to know who they are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Going, I'll give you five. Jerene Buller, Plio taruva a La two fine happy carras our jeron lay there's five and there's probably about five.
Speaker 2: Beautiful rob We still have a bottom four roster. And when I say roster, I'm talking top thirty by ourself one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: We have a bottom four ross. I'll go further. We've got the worst roster. We're clearly a bottom thirty roster. It doesn't mean I don't think our best seventeen wasn't capable of making the eight. We've got absolutely zero depth. You know, we've seen that with Benji not even wanting to play Kit off the bench because he knows he couldn't do a job, and when he came on against the Russes, he didn't do a job. We've let go of Galvin and the Silver so we're already weakened. We only replace them with Tailor May. In some ways, Adele all loved this. In some ways, you can probably defend Benji given that we've got a really crappy roster, but who created that roster? Like Benji's been there going on three years now since he got employed as an assistant.
Speaker 2: Adele West Tigers are not given a fair shape by referees, by ourself.
Speaker 1: Change the response to is the Pope, Kathleen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I can't. I know you guys, Rob was seeding at the rest. I can't. I just almost can't be bothered because I just don't even want to talk about a guy like Jared Sutton. I just find him nauseating talking about him, like he must be going that bad to get our game every week. We see him, to get him every week, like he must be Reford poorly or something. But god, he's a bad referee.
Speaker 1: Thin at the start of the year, look at the end of the day, until you start turning yourselves around, and sometimes that'll be having to deal with some of that adversity, which clubs like Canberra have done well. The Worries I think did it well. Then the worries is to cops some absolute garbage and they've got some good stuff this year. But if you can turn it around and you can start winning football games, usually you'll see the course coming your way. Still doesn't mean I'm not going to rip into them.
Speaker 2: Let's do one more each boys, Rob. This might be an unfair one to the club giving our roster West Tiger's daboo their juniors or hot prospects too soon By ourselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately, I'm buying that, but I don't think we've got a choice given how poor our roster is. I mean, we're going to We're most likely going to see that with Macasini this year. The difference I think with Macasini, I would like us to give him a taste of first grade just so he knows what he's got to work on in the offseason. So actually, even if we're when we're totally out of the race for the finals, which it looks like we are now, I would give him a game regardless of how well the centers are in the team the previous week. So for example, if Taller and Tailor may have had blinders, I don't care. Just move one of them or shift one of them, give Macasini a taste and then go from there. But yeah, they look, we've seen it for so long, Like Tallon played a couple of years ago, We had to play for Letty a couple of years ago. We've tried so many guys and you know, unfortunately, whether our fans want to believe it or not, and it's really harsh Eddy, we destroy careers sometimes. So we've got to be a little bit better and a little bit more concerned about, you know, the player's development, instead of just rushing him in or playing him injured, or playing the long minutes just because we're desperate for wins. There's got to be a duty of care that's a little bit better from our club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the most ridiculous statement, because if you are a player at that age and playing a couple of games in first grade, you cannot handle that. That kills you career. You were never good enough in the first place.
Speaker 3: But so what's so ridiculous about saying that I can go back ten years before Benji was there, I can go back to your Miller's and all those sort of guys or you know, they just they get thrown in the deep end and they just end up in England after five minutes because they just haven't been brought up in the in a slow way. They haven't Like someone like Macasine, he should be playing twelve games of Cup before we even consider him for first grade. Tailor May hasn't even done a full preseason yet, and just because he's scored three tries in Cup, we're going to throw him in like like Lob scored three tries a week before. We're not We're not certainly going to put him there. We've got to respect for Cup being what Cup is. And I just think other clubs don't do that. Mate, they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't know they do they do well, give me some nas they one hundred percent do do it. The problem the difference is we don't get to watch them week in week out. There would be that many There is a stut out there about how many first graders have played less than five first grade games, and I guarantee you you know, not the high majority of them, not West Tiger's players. And that's because it happens across the league. It does. It happens across the league. The difference is us, as West Tigers fans, we focus on our stuff and again we're damaged by the fact that we've won three Wooden Spoons. But there is guy playing for other clubs right now who would not get a game at any other club as well. And I'm talking about clubs that are struggling. I'm not talking about clubs at the top. When you're at the top, you don't need to, but when you're in our position, you have to. And it's not a negative and those guys you're talking about is when we've been back, and we've been back for a very long time.
Speaker 3: It shows death. It shows a lack of depth, like it might be the right thing to do, but it shows that we don't have anyone in between. There's no padding there. There's like it's literally like the gun or the kid. There is no one. We don't have enough journeyman. We've seen it with our forward pack. We were crying out for someone that's played one hundred and fifty games. You and me have spoken about it. Get someone that's languishing in languishing in cup that the club doesn't want, you know, is on the way out. And again, someone like a Ryan Madison who everyone hates. I get that, but that type of person that's played plenty of games, and instead you've got to put Kit low Lee on the bench and you know he's not ready for it. Like there's guy, there's just no in between. With our clubmate, we've got really good, top quality players and then got you go from the penthouse to the basement. There's no middle of the road players there.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, I don't agree with you that either put him in too early. I think we have got players that have been a part of our top thirty who were never an RL players. That's where I think we've failed. We have signed guys that Brandon Timith respectfully, was never an n RL player through the ranks. He may have played under the nine ing's origin, but he to me, I watched him, he was never gonna He looked at him and he's going to be good at an RL level. He never was. Kiit Lowie did the same thing, like he was a good player at Harold Matts. If you're going backwards from Harold Matson going up, I'll see you another one. Heith Mason's another one. To me, he's actually got worse every year. Well, I watched Heith Mason player schi ball last year. He's Mason couldn't dominate ant ball game. So I'm sitting there going whereas Talon did. So I'll give Talent the credit he did. On Talent went back, he dominated Luke Ouri. When he goes back dominates. These are the sort of differences between the guys that can play an RL. When guys go back to the lower grades and your Filetti's and they can't do anything and they're not having an impact. They're not in rol players. They never were. The problem for us is we have this notion about building from within. We fallen a victim to a Harrell Matt side that won one comp. Well done to them. A lot of teams win one comp and we thought, what we'll do is we'll turn that into a golden generation. It was one competition and that's what we decided to do. And off the back of that, we actually ended up playing Rocky Galvin at six, who was the actual back roller in that team. So it's not even a consistency of what that team looked like. So I will agree with you we have guys that shouldn't have ever belonged in first grade. But to say that that's our fault that we played them to early, we never had a choice. Unfortunately, Well is.
Speaker 2: A going to throw this last one to you. It's a bit of a fun one. So we could put the boxing gloves down for a minute. If you could bring back one current West Tigers player, I don't care if they've played one game for the club or left the club like treacherously, like Moses or Tedesco. If you could bring one player back at the peak of their career, into this current side with the makeup of the squad. So we've got Buller, We've got Jerome, we got Happy, we've got Latu. Who would it be? I'll give my answer first. I thought about Gareth Ellis giving our lack of back rows, but I'm still going with my man Scottie Prince Rob. Who would be for you?
Speaker 3: There's only one answer to this, mate, although I've got two, but there really is only one answer.
Speaker 1: It's going to be the same as mine.
Speaker 3: It's going to be the same as yours. Put the clipboard down, mate, You're not a coach, Okay, we love you. You're the greatest player our club's ever had. Get back on the field. You'll fix our attack instantly. You will strip the defensive numbers. You will run rings around these guys. You'll make everyone else in the team look good. Benji Marshall, you're only forty years of age or there where, so just turn back the clo just five or six years and we'll have you. But my second choice was Gareth Ellis because he was a man mountain and he I know we had a lot of good forwards in that pack, Eddie, but he carried that pack. So if I had the choice of one of those two, it'll be one of them. But yeah, Benji just fixes our problem this week at Leichhard Oval against the Titans.
Speaker 2: Right now, the coach, you're going to agree because I just look at Benji and Jerome and I go, man, there's going to be some great stuff, but there's going to be some balls out of the sideline and people I'm not going to know what's going on. I look at Scotty Prince just just steadying the ship there.
Speaker 1: You know what. My initial anthem was very easy, and then I realized Dream Buller is our fullback, so it's going into this turreentee. Because I was automatically going to say, James to James desk On to speak to me is yeah the top of them. But when Rob said that, I sort of went, well, hang on a second, I'm not going to replace Jeram, So yeah, it's got to be Benji.
Speaker 3: I may don't agree with me, Please do not agree with me tonight, but you've been smashing me from pillar to post. You're going to cop it on our shows.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely going to tune in later tonight. You want the show because there might be some afters on that, but I can't thank you enough. I've really enjoyed tonight. I know it's been a marathon podcast and you're doing a double shift tonight, So thank you so much for coming on. And let's do it again sometime later this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks very much, Eddie. And you just want to say, like, we're going to do some more of these collabs in the bye week. I'm sure we'll talk to your guys and you guys talk to us and we'll get together and we'll work out something. So looking forward to having you guys again in a few weeks, and you're welcome to have Definitely you can have a del Mate, have a del on your.
Speaker 2: Going to say and come over to ours after tonight.
Speaker 3: He can come over to yours and make people are sick of hearing me. He's the star of the show. So you can have adele on me or Josh or Aaron, whoever you want.
Speaker 1: And do you give me permission to the next bet I put on with Rob If he loses, one of the things he has to do is get in front of a bowling machine and clicks depends.
Speaker 3: I've got to say one thing, I know you want to sign up Dye I've got to say one thing, Adele. You've you've really let down the listeners by not telling them word for word what you said to me today about Jared Sutton, word for word and it wasn't rude. Just tell them what you said to me and make our West Tigers fans happy.
Speaker 1: Actually what I said, you said, we.
Speaker 3: Never stand a chance of winning that game with him, and look, we would have lost anyway in my opinion, but he said, we never stood a chance of winning. He always gave the six agains on the fourth tackle. He said all these things. He said, mate, We're never going to win a game with him as reference.
Speaker 2: I'm not a conspiracy theorist with the rest, but I do think, like coach. I know we're meant to wrap up, but I still think like Origin is a bit contrived, Like that game too, man, like that ten to one penalty count to Queensland. I guarantee you who ever loses Game one gets a not in a wink referee, We're going to win game two and blah blah.
Speaker 1: So look, I've got myself in enough trouble in the past with her three so I'm not gonna I'm not gonna speak about reference. Look, my opinion is that, But like I said, if you win football games, I think you've turned that around.
Speaker 2: Do we beat the Titans, coach before.
Speaker 1: You go absolutely like hard over, Let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous, says Rob.
Speaker 3: Thank you boys, Thanks Eddie, says Guy
Speaker 1: Septi