Speaker 1: And now we have basketball, and some of it was better with other basketb oh Man, you want to lead off with that?
Speaker 2: Should we lead off with that?
Speaker 1: Sixteen years in a row?
Speaker 2: I mean we can.
Speaker 3: I kind of already did it. I'm already I'm still sad about it. I've also been waiting since Saturday night to say that. So, yeah, it was bad, Landon, I feel like that.
Speaker 1: Reading the group text, Cam and I were both angry about Kansas losing for the sixteenth consecutive time to Kansas State. Landon, you are twenty four years old, so that would make you a solid third grader. The last time Kansas beat Kansas State and football, you just seemed more accepting at the back, like you just know.
Speaker 2: I was wildly dejected. Actually after really it got me.
Speaker 3: What flavor of kran were you eating on the last time that Kansas beat Kansas State?
Speaker 2: And I was a forest green guy? Myself didn't help. I tried it. I tried to go back to it for luck, like one of those you know, like ritual things, superstitions didn't work, didn't work.
Speaker 1: How many times I would grab the forest green crayon because it looked like it was just a normal green crayon the colored trees or something, and it was so much lighter than I wanted it to be, and it was just disappointing. It's kind of like that blue crayon that wasn't actually blue. It was like indigo, but it looked like it was supposed to be blue. Just me, just homeschool problems.
Speaker 2: Anybody only homeschoolers used crayons. Well, it's better if you didn't eat them. I probably ate a few in my prime.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well that's the So eating a crayon would be the equivalence of the Zach Clements experience through two exhibition games, which we will talk.
Speaker 2: All about a person. I don't mean to put on blast. I've only met this person once and he was very nice. We got along great. But the a friend of mine, her brother apparently eats Plato, or at least has for Like, wow, really.
Speaker 1: What age are we talking about? A four year old?
Speaker 2: Eighteen or like twenty or something like on a rat trip. He just had something. She was she okay, like that's that's a thing. Apparently he was fine when he ate it. Really devastating stuff though, was upsetting to learn.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm actually speechless I remember eating Plato as a like a like a four year old and then being told you don't eat plato. I now, one thing that's not true is any parent that told their kids like it's really bad for you. That's really not true either. It's just flour and salt like it's fine. The problem I think was you're touching Plato that a bunch of other very sick kids have touched at one point, but like just picking it out of the containers and eating it. I wouldn't think that would do any harm to you, aside from the moral harm of everybody thinking you are from Mars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and doing it as as a grown person on purpose with that intent is really something to me.
Speaker 1: Well, whether you eat Plato or whether you eat crayons or anything. Get ready for a fun season of Kansas basketball. We're gonna see are they more like the team against Arkansas or are they more like the team against Washburn. Can't believe that those two games went the way they did. We're gonna recap the exhibitions and get you ready for the real games, which do not start until one day before the election. So our first ASCARCB, who are you guys voting for? In this uncoming. Oh huh, that's pretty good, Landon, I'll go ahead and give it to you. This is Inside the Paint Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Riaan Landris, I'm Landing Fields, and I'm Bill self here to remind you the one pill can kill.
Speaker 1: That is true. I lets it's from It's on the radio, sir, it is. It's Brian freaking Haney saying, and now an important message from our coaches wives. And it's the two. It's Cindy self and Kelly. Why aren't our lousy ass fans in the stand live bol telling you that you need to not share.
Speaker 2: Because and so is your husband.
Speaker 3: I kind of think Lance Leipold is on opiates at least for this part of the season because they're two.
Speaker 1: It would six, It would explain, it would it would explain he chugs them in the fourth quarter of every game. I think we might need to update this drop. Instead of Bill as his head ups ass so much, Hi, Nick, it could now be uh, lance Leipold.
Speaker 2: As his head ups ass so much.
Speaker 1: There now we could just have them both play side by side in case we need it, because he yes, But did you guys know before we talk about the basketball, if games in the UH in college football were three quarters long, Kansas would be seven and one in a top the Big twelve, correct, but there aren't no they that. That is five in case you're counting at home, five one for each fart noise that you're about to hear you there, that's the five times that they have lost after leading after three quarters.
Speaker 2: It is and that's what makes this the most painful Kansas football season that I've ever witnessed, because not only A did they come into the season with any amount of expectations and blue those they've they genuinely I still don't think are like that bad of a team. No, they all know they're two and six, like they're not good, but like they should be at least like a four or five or six win team, and they're not. And it sucks. It sucks that they're not even bad and they're still bad.
Speaker 1: They were like seven or eight expected points better than Kansas State in that game and lost by two. That's like the story of their season. So if you had to bet, does the streak to Kansas State end in the twenty twenties got to your head? You have to predict it otherwise it goes off at New Year's Day twenty thirty. What are you saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's not a terrible fate seeing the track run in this world here, But I'm gonna go with seeing that they're losing most of the roster and then coming back next year with not a lot of hope.
Speaker 2: I think hesitly. I say yes in the twenty twenties because at some point you have to think it ends. But at the same time we have no reason to truly believe that. But I'll say yes twenty twenties. So what you got it?
Speaker 1: You got five chances, right, twenty five, six, seven, eight, and nine, you got five more chances. Yeah, the odds say yeah, I would think like it happened next year. I agree, But but at some point they happened.
Speaker 2: To it could?
Speaker 1: It could?
Speaker 3: Could Lance Lighthold coach the Golden Globetrotters to a win.
Speaker 1: The Golden Globe Trotter Globe Trotters, that's a sound bite that you gotta I think he probably could. Like if the team existence Globe Trotters, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lance Lighthold coached k State, what would happen? I think they'd be worse. I think it's there's no doubt it would happen in the k State KU game. Would Lance Lightpold be the dominant force there or would Kase State continue the dominance?
Speaker 1: Oh man, And the thing with Lance is not to turn this into the Lance light Bulb show, but landon you and I for years as Kansas, like three years ago, beat Texas and then they were right in there with teams as a twenty point underdog, and it was apparent they get to the fourth quarter and just do unbelievably stupid stuff like punting at the thirty eight yard line or back to back timeouts triggering penalties. I'll never forget that, or the kicker can't make anything, and yet they keep kicking field goals despite the fact that they're a twenty point underdog on the road. And I think that our fear was Lance is going to get this program to where it has expectations and talent. But when they get there and the expectation is to win, and you are routinely in close games because your roster is everybody as good as other team in your conference, will you get out coached in those moments and five blown fourth quarter leads later? I think that at this point and Lance people are like, well, Lance is only in his fourth year or whatever. The man's been a head coach at a lot of levels. He's been coaching far too long for these clock management screw ups and all these.
Speaker 2: He's a six time national champion in Division three. He can't be an idiot and do.
Speaker 1: That right, And we don't think he is an idiot, but it is maddening, as I mean, the professional football team at least that I root for has Andy Reid at the Controls, who was thought to be one of the most continuously maddening coaches in the history of sports, and now is root is absolutely undoubtedly considered the best. So it can change if you get the right players quickly. And I think Lance is very, very good and he is undoubtedly the best coach that Kansas football has had in Are you gonna say he's better than Mangino. I think he's better than Mangino probably, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. Mangino won an Orange Bowl with Camas. Kansas was a loss to Missouri away from playing for the Natty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Kansas want to guaranteed rate bull I mean, that's the epitome of against the UNLV team that like sixty percent of their team didn't play. That is true, that did happen, and.
Speaker 1: They would have beat Arkansas except for the fact that said coaching decision decided to have the backup quarterback go out there with the most important play of the whole night. All right, let's talk about it right into the hot Dogs stand. That's why this drop exists on the show. There goes the ball in the row three of the crowd. What you're a future Heisman winner. He wasn't playing, no fear by the time he's a senior. I bet he's going to kick all of the buns whenever it comes to college football. Right landon, Jayalen Daniels for Heisman? How's that going this year? Let me just pull up this badly?
Speaker 2: It's going very bad, all right.
Speaker 1: I went into I went into Raising Kanes the other day and there's Jalen Daniels holding a box at chicken tender in a cardboard cutout, not actually him, and it's like the official chicken tender. He did not throw them to the opposition.
Speaker 2: I went into the Overland Park Canes the other day and the first thing I said when I went in there and saw that cardboard cutout of Jalen Daniels. Was that guy blows all right?
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a good good notes to turn the page and talk about how well the Arkansas game. That game blows all right. So there's two exhibition games here. I know, whenever we get into the regular season, we'll read scores, we'll do stats like there really isn't a whole lot of stat analyzing to do an exhibition games where you had an incomplete roster. They don't count, the score doesn't really matter. But Kansas goes out there and just gets blown out of Bud Walton Arena. They lose by sixteen to Arkansas and get eighty five points hung on him, and then they predictably come home and just obliterate poor Washburn. They're up by already some points before putting in the walk ons. So you got two games to recap. I'll let you guys decide do you want to start with the bad or the good? Just give me some takeaways. You watched eighty minutes or well eighty minutes worth of Kansas basketball via highlights. What were your takeaways from the exhibitions.
Speaker 2: My takeaways mainly were that Kansas played a very athletic team on the road in a hostile environment without their best offensive player in their first game together as a team, and didn't look very good. And then they came and played a team that they were so much more talented than in their second game with one of their better players back, and they looked much better. And I think that might actually be all you can actually take away from the games, genuinely is that Arkansas is just pretty good and it was the first time these guys have ever actually played fully together, and boy, could you tell. And then Washburn is just not very good in Kansas ran them off the floor. We'll get into a lot more than that, but I think that's my general takeaway.
Speaker 3: Cam Yeah, I mean that's pretty much the spark nose version of it. I wouldn't read too much into the Arkansas game actually, really either of the games. It's so early, and like Lannon said, no Hunter Dickinson, the guys have not played together in a formal setting. Also, interestingly enough, Dawan Harris led the way with twenty six points right after I ripped on him on the opening show of the season.
Speaker 2: So that makes me feel really good.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean, it really it's a tough environment to go to. It's an early season John Caliperry team, which we all know tend to look better than the late season John Caliperry teams, and I wouldn't read too much into the Arkansas game tonight. They look way better, but they also were playing a Division two school, So that's pretty much what I would take away from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess we can kind of put this into two different categories. The players that we didn't really learn anything from slash didn't need to, and the ones that we did. The main team takeaway that I had, and this is fresh on everybody's minds after watching the three point broads against Washburn. So last year, in eighteen conference games plus a Big Twelve tournament game, plus two NCAA Tournament games their last twenty one basketball games, Kansas made more threes than their opponents once one time in the final twenty one games did they make more three point baskets than their opponent. Even with the atrocity that was the Arkansas performance, they still made one more three than the Razorbacks. And then obviously they just put it on Washburn. They made fifteen threes. That was the biggest weakness on the team last year. It was our biggest weakness coming into this season. Would they get enough three point shooting, would be balanced enough. Through two games, they've outscored their opponents from behind the three point line. I think as long as they continue to do that more often than they don't. They're not gonna do it every game because they have to play at BYU, so there's at least one that they won't. But as long as they can do that more often than last year, I think that's going to give you such a better chance of not being able to put together wins. Whenever you can't make threes, you're not putting together a four or five game winning streak in this conference. Now that they can shoot the ball better, I think you're gonna see that be a little bit easier for them. And in this particular game to want Harris against Washburn only four points and twenty one minutes after scoring twenty six in a game where Kansas was missing several premier players. Against Arkansas, we didn't really learn anything from Dewan Harris. We expect his stats I think a little bit to tick upwards this year. He's in the last year of a five year career. I gotta think that the arrow points up on the stats a little bit, but he's primarily going to be the facilitator of the offense. Let's talk about the backup point guards though, because Kansas has a few different guys. Cam you said at the beginning of the first show that David Kuoite you thought was a potential difference maker for this team, and looking at the two box scorers, I think that you're off to a right start. Quoit didn't score zero for five against Arkansas and Kansas looked awful, and then against Washburn he goes out and makes five to three shoots a lot early and scores nineteen points. Are you expecting him? With Zeke Mayo, who he saw not play very well against Arkansas and then makes it threes against Washburn, Rick Heath Passmore has played well and Shack Moore who didn't play in either of the games because of an injury. Dwan Harris has some help this year, and these guys can score. I gotta think that that gives you more hope than you had last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean absolutely, it's nice to have options. I also think the big thing to remember with David Coy is he is really small. I mean he's five foot eight. They listen is five foot eleven. He's five foot eight. So tonight, playing against Washburn, he's gonna look like prime Wilt Chamberlain. I mean he's about the same size as everyone else on the floor. But what I do like about him he plays with a lot of confidence. He's not scared. He has a lot of experience. He was a standout at Northern Illinois, and I really do think that that gives us hope this year. And it'll be fun to watch because you don't have to worry about if Kevin mccoller is not playing, if Johnny Furfy's not shooting well, we Kansas won't have any three points scoring and that's not the case this year. So yeah, it's definitely a comforting feeling for sure.
Speaker 1: So Lennon and I want to ask you about aj Store, who was Kansas's highest crowd our most touted transfer from over the summer. They're paying him a good chunk in IL money to not go to the draft and play presumably one year at Kansas, and he opened up the Arkansas game with an emphatic dunk and screamed in someone's face and I'm like, Wow, here comes this dude. Then only made three of his final ten shots, scored eight points against Arkansas, and then scores eight Morgan's washburn eighty percent free throw shooter from a year ago that was just three for six in the wash spring game, So still working out some of the early season yips. This is a guy that I think a lot of us. It's a decent bet to say he might be Kansas's second leading scorer this year. Bill self acknowledged throughout the week that he thought that he was responsible for Store being a little confused at this point because originally he got onto Store to be less aggressive and share the ball more, and then he started doing that and now Self said he wants some of that aggressiveness back. He seems like the sort of player that when it's going well, he's going to be getting a lot of baskets at the rim, driving downhill and then occasionally shooting threes. But his game appears to be driving of the cup. Store is important this team. You mentioned overtext during the game that you've been pretty unimpressed through two games. What has it about his game that has that has you feeling that way? And do you have optimism it will change as he gets some experience.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there's definitely optimism that I think he will still be a very solid player. Like it's two exhibition games, you never know. Obviously, I think he still be good. The main thing is that I just haven't really seen him do anything particularly well in either game, Like you know, and again it is like the Arkansas game is the whole thing because it is the first time these guys are playing together. Arkansas is very athletic, like it's a whole the environment is tough, But I think the main thing is I haven't seen him drive to the cup very well yet, which is especially kind of concerning against washingburniye Onlios two for seven from the floor against the Ichabods and then also not knocking down the threes. I know, he's not like a premier shooter in the way that some of these other guys are, so he isn't going to take and make nearly as many as some of these guys hopefully, But yeah, I just it is that aggressive this thing, and Bill self does have this tendency at times. I think you mentioned Ryan in the chat during the game, like a little bit of over coaching. Sometimes it feels like it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened, where you know, Bill self feels like he's asking players to tone back their natural instincts, but then kind of regrets doing that at a different point in the season when you see that player not really knowing Remie Martin what they're.
Speaker 1: Doing all the time.
Speaker 2: So hopefully that's not the case, or hopefully that will, you know, wear off. I do think by the end of the Wash spring game he was starting to look a lot more comfortable. But yeah, I just haven't seen anything particularly stand out about him. Unfortunately, when he is a guy that yeah, coming into the air that he's a guy you were thinking could average, you know, fifteen sixteen points a game, be that kind of guy knocked down a couple threes, be a Kevin mccullor type. I still think he is the Kevin mccullor player type. But we'll see if he can actually fit the Kevin McCuller role. So far he hasn't, but real game start in a week, so we'll get a much better feel for how that goes against Howard. I think, well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Very curious to hear you guys' thoughts on something that immediately came to mind for me. For store, the last three well known three man, three men, three man's whatever you want to say, guys that played the three at Kansas, Sophie m kay look, Christian Brown, and then last year Kevin McCuller. All three of those guys were very good passers. They all had good assist numbers. It's an integral part of a bill self Hi lowl offense AJ Storre and neither of his first two seasons averaged one assist per game. He was under that in both seasons last year zero point nine assists while playing thirty minutes a game. Passing really isn't his strong suit. You expect that to go up when he's playing with a walking bucket who's seven foot two inside. I get, But this is a guy that when his three point shot isn't falling, which it hasn't so far, and he hasn't got a lot of success with penetration off the dribble, getting of the cup, he's not going to add you much on the glass, less than four boards per game last year when playing starter minutes, and he's not going to contribute much passing the ball less than an assessed and I don't think defensively he's known as a big time He's certainly not to the Kevin mcculluor Christian Brown level defenders. So I'm a little concerned about Store. Not because I've seen him not be sharp so far. That's not it. Plenty of time, Jalen Wilson was the arguably Kansas's best player in the National Championship Game and in that entire NCAA tournament run, after being dreadful for the entire non con Slow starts do not mean slow finishes. But I am a little concerned if Store isn't making shots, is he going to contribute enough in other ways to keep him on the floor when you have guys like Koit on the bench, or Zeke Mayo who may or may not be in and out of the starting lineup, or Rylan Griffin coming off the bench. I don't know. I don't think Store is that. I don't feel as confident as I did about Store's impact. And it's not because he played poorly. It's more because of the other guys I've seen play well.
Speaker 2: Is that fair? So basically, is he gonna be Wayne Selden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly. And Selden was a better pastor than than Storr has been in his career too. And Selden was the worst of all those players. You listed, a guy who if he was making threes, he's an impact player. If he wasn't borderline liability even as a junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yet of time.
Speaker 3: Landon actually had an interesting point in the group chat this morning, and he was kind of saying, amongst all the inflammatory statements that came out of my mouth, he was saying that it's interesting how Bill self and Kansas goes into the portal and gets these players that might not be an amazing fit.
Speaker 2: For the system. Yep.
Speaker 3: And I think with aj Storr in theory. Yeah, if the shots are falling, it's great, but it will be interesting. As Ryan said, I mean, yeah, you have Hunter Dickinson, but if he's not, if he doesn't have great court vision, then yeah, I don't. I don't foresee him I mean that big of an impact at least right away on this team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be the hard part because there are guys and I understand it was just one game against Washburn, but what we saw at as Zeke Mayo, Ryland Griffin, and David Koit tonight definitely doesn't leave us or Bill self saying I'd like less of that, please. And you know, kJ, Hunter and to one are not gonna play fewer than twenty seven to thirty minutes a game unless it's a total blowout, So you got two spots and plenty of mouths to feed for those spots. I think Ryland Griffin. I'm in total favor of starting Ryland Griffin. I don't know how you can watch him play basketball and think that he should not be one of the five guys getting the most minutes. He is your ultimate X factor. He is your best shooter. He is the guy that's going to command the most defensive attention, and he is the guy that is going to make the biggest impact on Hunter Dickinson, who is the most important part of your offense. I want Ryland Griffin playing close to thirty minutes a night. I want him playing starter minutes. And then you got guys like Mayokoit and Store all fighting for the last spot. I think they got a lot of mouse defeat in this team, and I'm not quite sure how they're gonna do it. But if Store struggles, there's going to be somebody, by chance that is going to earn those minutes that he's not of those other guys who else kind of caught your eye. I mean, Zeke Mayo made three threes all on a very short amount of time, just one after the other, bang bang bang, and then obviously what we saw from from Ryland Griffin. That's the guy. Am I am I weird for saying that that guy's got to be in your starting lineup and if you don't have him there, then that's just the wrong choice.
Speaker 2: I feel like I remember us talking about Ryland Griffin having like borderline lottery pick or like NBA draft pick at least like level upside. I'm not saying he is that, but that was what felt like the talking points were coming out of his decision to come to Kansas out of the portal. Like so it feels like, if that guy is like competent at all, he's gotta be in the conversation to start. Obviously, Zeke Mayo has played pretty well. He was a little bit rough against Arkansas, still hit a couple threes, but also you know that's his that's another again, like just a huge step up in competition in comparison to what he's used to it. South Dakota State Griffin.
Speaker 1: Was a starter on a Final four team. Like like, he's got the most. What he has done in his career, I think is more impressive than anything aj Store has. Spare me the four more points in the game. Griffin was the best shooter on a Final four team.
Speaker 2: I agree, And I think he has a dynamism to him and to his game that not maybe maybe not anyone else has quite on this team. With his athleticism and his shooting ability, Like, I think those those pair up for a really really explosive player potentially Obviously, again, you'd like to see it against someone not Washburn, But I mean he he grades out as a really tough end player. And I agree with you, Ryan, I want to see him start. I and we I'm sure we will get into the kJ discourse. Maybe we'll just do it now. I don't think kJ should start, Nor do I think Flory has been that great despite putting up some pretty good numbers against Washburn. I've he's also just been okay, but that's kind of to be expected. But I think I think you should start essentially four guards around.
Speaker 1: Hunter Cam, go ahead and give me some Flory Badunga analysis, because yeah, he played about twenty minutes in both games. They didn't have Hunter Dickinson, so he got the starter starter nod. Against Arkansas, he was very overwhelmed, especially defensively. Arkansas took it right at him. Offensively, shot a decent percentage seven for eight shooting in the two games. Led the team in rebounds, I believe in both games with seven as well. Looks to be good on the glass. Looks to have pretty good front court vision too, whenever it comes to assists. He was very good at Hunter Dickinson level. Hunter Dickinson's very good at spotting open shooters. I don't think that gets enough appreciation. But Doonga does that pretty well, and he's obviously super athletic. But defensively, eh, there's not a better way or a better thing you can do to work your way out of Bill Self's rotation than to be a revolving door on the defensive end.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, guys, I actually think Zach Clements should play all five positions.
Speaker 2: That's the key to a Final four run. But no, I mean I think I think Flory it's about what you expect, right, I mean, he's he's a freshman going to play Division one basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an amazing athlete. It's going to take him a little bit to get comfortable with the speed of the game, and he's playing against a really good Arkansas team last week, so nothing to nothing too concerning. I think it will take him a little bit of time to get comfortable for the game to slow down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But he's exactly what we thought. I mean, he's a good athlete.
Speaker 3: He's going to be a great rebounder, he will be a good shot blocker, and I think he's going to be a nice compliment to Hunter Dickinson. I don't know how that will work with spacing and how the rotations will work. I don't think Bill self even knows yet. But overall, nothing nothing too concerning there. I do want to talk about Zach Clements at some point.
Speaker 2: You make sure that's gonna be covered today.
Speaker 1: I only have four hundred and sixty show under my belt, so I feel like I'm experienced enough where you should trust that. There's no chance I'm closing out this recap without giving you the floor on that. After seeing what the group chat looked like about an hour ago. But Landon, I feel like last year we watched Parker Brown. We watched him be unspectacular but not a complete liability, and it was enough sometimes and other times it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Now, the goal, according to Bill self, is Hunter Dickinson should play less than thirty minutes a game. Okay, well, he's hurt already, he's got a hurt foot, sounds like he'll be fine. But still two things right there. You don't want Hunter Dickinson playing thirty to thirty five minutes a game. In order to do that, you got to make sure that the center position behind him isn't a dumpster fire, especially considering they play North Carolina, Michigan State, and Duke in the first thirty days of the season. Well, I didn't see anything in these two games between Cam's man, Zach Clemens or Florie Badonga that would make me think when Hunter Dickinson sits down that Kansas that we know exactly what the other which is gonna call for in that moment, go right at the big guy. I don't think Hunter is gonna be on the bench very long. I hope that his foot holds up because I'm assuming you don't feel comfortable at all, but with with these guys, at least at this stage in the year, if Dickenson needs a breather.
Speaker 2: Not for very long. I mean, I don't think Flori is like a complete liability, but he did. He was very easy to pass in the lane, it seemed, which is weird because he's still This is where block shots is not actually a great defensive stat Like, it's not a bad one, it just isn't necessarily indicative of being an actually good defender.
Speaker 1: Just bad defenders can have good shot blocking numbers, right, yea, yeah, Mitch Lightfoot, there you go, yeah, Mitch go.
Speaker 2: I don't think I don't think Flori is a bad player. I don't think he played poorly, but I do think it's gonna be a learning curve type thing and then all you know, kJ is not gonna really be a five guy. Zach Clements woof, Okay, if yeah, go, just go if just based off yeah, just based off of what.
Speaker 3: We've seen, and we've we've had this, like you guys have had this argument in the past. Do you think it's worth just throwing Flory out there early in the season, even if it means a couple losses early just to get him experience and kind of see what happens, or do we Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: This conversation again, this conversation again, the one that we do every year. Yes, yes, yes, the answer is yes. Bill self will say no and he will ride Hunter until that size thirty two foot snaps in half. But yes, they absolutely should they Flory being established and developed in March is worth way more than maybe losing the North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yes, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I concur We've seen that. We've seen that fall apart many times. And then Bill self next year is like, hm, maybe I should have played check yallamore in case Land and Lucas got foul trouble. We're like yeah, and then he's like, I'm gonna do that next year, and guess what doesn't happen next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want to just take the Zach Clements, because I'm willing to let you do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go with dam Clemens. Here's the stats. He was zero for four from the floor and the two games he did lead Kansas the second game with four fouls, and he led him the first game with four turnovers. If you're doing the math on that that is five turnovers, eight fouls, good Lord, and no baskets for Zach Clemens, who Bill self said was the most improved player that go go for it, Cam, It's it's yours.
Speaker 3: Not to ask like history questions. But did Obama close Guantanamo Bay like you said he would? Because I have a perfect state and play package for him, free gym membership.
Speaker 2: Free food.
Speaker 3: He's taken care of, because I think we all need a shelter for when that man enters the game. I have never seen, I mean I probably have, but in recent memory a player that has not gotten better at all. In according to Bill Self, Hall of Famer Bill Self, he's the most improved player on this Kansas team. I don't I just don't understand. I will forever remember Zach Clements as the guy who shot a volleyball line three pointer with four seconds left in whatever game that was against Wisconsin, only for yeah, yes, only for Bobby Pettiford to put it back. And that is how he'll be remembered by me.
Speaker 2: So that's my ran.
Speaker 1: That was the Atlantis Tournament, I think, and they that was on Thanksgiving morning at like eleven thirty in the morning, and yeah, and Zach Clements if I if I believe I'm correct on this, Kevin McCuller hit a game tying three with like eight seconds left in regulation to send that game in overtime. I think Zach Clements missed a three that then they rebounded and dished out to McCuller. Before that, I think he tried to be the hero in both regulation and overtime, and much like he did against Washburn and Arkansas came out of that with zero points.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 1: It's honestly, that's it's it's it is surprising. I'm with you that we cannot get we can't get it to be better. Because Bill self did say that he's the most improved player, and we talked about on the last show, there's some worth in having a stretch five that can go out there. Boy, Flory, you better get caught up to speed faster than we thought you needed to because at this point, oh my gosh, are they totally boned If something happens to Flori and Hunter Dickinson needs to rest his tire sized lungs, and I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: The I think Flori's already about one hundred, one hundred points better than Zach Clements in all categories.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you ever want to know that recruiting doesn't mean anything. Zach Clemens was the number thirty six recruit according to ESPN and twenty twenty one, ahead of the names Tyres Hunter, kJ Adams, Arthur Kaluma, Jonas Adu, who's a seven foot monster. I think for a he started at Tennessee. He's continued to move throughout. Ryan Nemhard very good player, ranked below Zach Clements on the recruiting website. So and uh. And then there's Bobby Pettiford way down there, who plays for who? Can you guys tell me that I don't know if it changed again?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I should know.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, it's changed. This is not what I expected.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know, but I'm just gonna throw up towsand for fun.
Speaker 1: You're on the right coast. He plays for the high Point Panthers.
Speaker 2: Wow, I saw they got a They got one vote in the coaches poll, I believe, or maybe it was the AP.
Speaker 3: I think high Point you get like a five dollars foot long coupon for your nil money.
Speaker 1: And high Point last year I do remember at high Point was pretty good. Last year they made the championship game of the CBI Tournament. They were twenty seven and nine lost.
Speaker 2: To Seattle U quality. I don't know what is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Bobby Pettiford maybe can take them to New Heights. Okay, kind of looking at that. Anything else from these exhibition games. I went back into homework once and tried to figure out, like, does how much they win the Washburn game by actually matter in terms of how many games they win in the regular season, And no, it doesn't. The national championship team looked really bored. Remember when Bill Self, like Remy Martin scored twelve points against whoever it was like Fort Hayes State, and Bill Self was like, Okay, this isn't gonna work. Mitch, go out there and show him how it's done. It takes some charges. You guys remember that, Like he's like yelling at Remy that game for scoring too much.
Speaker 2: I remember that game being very un eventful in general. Yeah, most little self tradition, welcoming in transfers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and back to what you guys have both talked about, like they said on the radio at which, oh my god, the Kansas radio booth is so bad. I'm not trying to to to throw glass stones at the at the house whatever, throw whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't want to throw stones at their glassuse there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but because like I'm not trying to say that my commentary is is excellent by any stretch, But you have to throw Brian Caney into a cannon and launch that thing in outer space, like you cannot. You cannot let this man call basketball games anymore. Washburn made a three and he goes and the Ichabods have hit the half century mark? Who says half century mark? That? Why? Why? He sounds like a Saturday Night Live guy making a basketball game and a game show. He's so bad. Do people like Brian Haney either one of you know someone who likes Brian Haney? I mean no, yeah, I haven't seen anybody be like Brian Haney is so good. You'd see that about Bob Davis. And it's it's just painful. They're painful to listen to. He lines up a three.
Speaker 2: He got the three.
Speaker 1: Wow, bullsye. The only bullseye is the is the is the sniper mark on my tail for me wanting to pull the freaking trigger listening to these awful announcers.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're so passionate about Brian Haney, It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I just I just wish he was better because I listened to more games on the radio than I used to, and and it, Yeah, I just think he's bad. They did say, uh that one the new Allen Fieldhouse renovations. They kept talking about them, and then they kept complaining about how the big new scoreboard apparently doesn't show how many points or rebounds or fouls players have. You have to crank your neck ninety degrees and look at the giant Costco TV they put in the corner of that place to find out that information now. And they also said, at no point on the no part of that giant scoreboard doesn't say how many team fouls each squad has, So they were having to keep a tally on the sideline. I figure that's not gonna last too much longer, but yikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty pretty brutally bad mistakes.
Speaker 1: What did you guys guys saw the stream?
Speaker 3: I think I think all the money went to the new Kansas Football Stadium for a college football playoff bound Jayhawks.
Speaker 2: So for Isaiah Marshall to throw five touchdowns to thirteen interceptions next season.
Speaker 1: Get that son of them to show up the field right now. I can't. It's yeah, that's that's that would explain it, because then they try to, like I heard they put that Greg Gurley said, they went from sixty to one hundred food stands, And I'm trying to figure out how the hell there's one hundred different places to buy food in that place, which is like one per one hundred and fifty people now in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that math doesn't math.
Speaker 1: No, it's something's not right with it. But like, hopefully they'll get that figured out. You guys watched the stream, did it look different? Like did the scoreboard? My grandma was at the game and she sent me some pictures. She said that the scoreboard was sharper, but she was irritated how it didn't say how many points and rebounds each player had. I don't. I've gotta figure they'll fix that eventually, or is it too small they make it's more on the wall was just, yeah, that's the one where you have to look for the that's the that's the one wherever you have to to look at to find out how many points Zach Clements had, because you know, he was scoring so much that it was hard to keep track of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I I don't want to waste too much energy on Zach Clemens because I feel like, if I keep going, I'm going to fall asleep by ASCARCB.
Speaker 1: So if Zach Clemens plays more than a few minutes a game, you better be blowing out Howard or Hunter Dickinson.
Speaker 2: Isn't an air cast like it's something exact wrong. If Zach Clemens is on the floor for over ten minutes in an Elite eight loss against Oregon or something like that, I will drive my car through a costco, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm not hasn't happened before, That hasn't happened once. I don't think they've lost an Elite eight game to Oregon because they're big guys, were worse than the other teams.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also that I'm watching, I just see a picture of the new video board. They've really gone all out with the circus fun. It's everywhere now and it says fifteen final fourth. Really, like, how how long are they gonna are they gonna like obey that? How long before they grow some balls and tell the NCAA, you know what?
Speaker 2: How about no about the same time everyone else does. Yeah, it'll wait no longer is a thing.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Kansas will have beaten Kansas State and football by that point. Rock's pass more. A couple of other notes. Ricky's passmore looked really good against Arkansas he and then he was he was quite bad against Washburn, missed all five of his shots. He should be easy. I think he's going to play fewer minutes than a lot of us want him to. But that's not because of anything of his fault. It's just because the team's so deep. And Greg Gurley was very confident that Jamary McDowell would be red shirting. He said a final decision will come out at the end of the week, but he said he is far and away the team's most likely candidate. And then whenever he made a three, Greg Gurley said, wow, jem already made that basket his final one of the year at Alan Fieldhouse, So I think he's red shirting.
Speaker 2: Guys, well, it was pretty telling on the broadcast they were talking about the same thing and immediately cut to Jamar McDowell without saying his name. So I do think that is kind of the consensus opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my final takeaways from the exhibitions. I don't want to bark at Bill self or make this the podcast host complain about the Hall of Fame coach era on this podcast, but Bill selfs got.
Speaker 2: To play with the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's gotten better the last couple of years. And now that Ryland Griffin's there. At the same time that kJ Adams is who we didn't talk about, we probably should talk about kJ real quickly. kJ statistically was what he was last year. Struggled to rebound unless it was against the Echabods, but against Arkansas he was just four for ten from the floor, led the team in minutes. Against Washburn, he made all four of his shots and once again led the team in minutes with twenty four. He is what he is, right, He's the same player he was last year. They make him sound like he's just this this this Hakeem Elijah won On the broadcast, They're like, oh my gosh, the the the power and the force that is kJ Adams And I'm like, okay, well, yeah, as long as he's within a foot of the basket, he is.
Speaker 2: I still like Keg Adams. I think Cage Adams is a good basketball player. I do just think it's a system thing more than anything else. He would be absolutely incredible if he played in like the Missouri Valley Conference or something like that. He'll be Stephen a certain games, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I hope that kJ finds that fit. Like we were all very skeptical that David McCormick would ever work at Kansas, and then the senior ear happened and it all came together at the right time. He proved to be a very valuable piece for Kansas. There were a lot of trends that when he played well, Kansas won almost every single time. Uh, and it worked, and sometimes it just doesn't work, Like you keep trying to make Nick Timberlake happen and Nope, it's just not happen. I hope that kJ Adams doesn't prove to be a liability, and I do think it will be more obvious than it was last year. Last year he was the third leading scorer, second leading by the time McCuller tapped out on the season. And whenever you have have that, it's kind of hard to criticize your second leading scorer who also is your most athletic. But man if kJ is clogging up the paint and keeping one of those three point shooters on the bench. I don't know. I saw what the offense can look like whenever you give Mayo, Griffin and Quoit all a lot of playing time and the result is fun basketball and lots of threes. Any final takeaways, I hope.
Speaker 2: Kansas can shoot the ball as well as they did against Washburn. Obviously it's not gonna be fifteen threes a day, but I hope that is more the sign of things to come than the Arkansas game. I think I think Howard might take it in the shorts a little bit shooting perspective. I mostly like what I saw. I'm not hitting the panic button by any stretch from the Arkansas loss. I think this team, genuinely, he does have a lot of depth. Hopefully the Hunter Dickinson injury is truly just precautionary. Excited for the real things to start. Yeah, go Wikabuds.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that echabods are are a good story. Brett Ballard obviously has Kansas ties. That's Nick's alma mater. We I I Landon asked Nick who he wanted to win the game, and Nick just said, I just hope everybody has fun. And I think that Kansas had more fun than Washburn did in this game. But Washburn probably got a nice check. They probably got a couple hundred grand to go in there and get their get their doors blown off them by the Jayhawks. Right, so athletics work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll find a few trips to McDonald's for him.
Speaker 1: Hey, all right, that's that's that sounds good to me, as Landon knows, I'm a McDonald's connoisseur. Uh and uh, that's that's something that we disagree with, which I just don't get it. Maybe one day I'll show it.
Speaker 2: The way Donald's. I just don't know.
Speaker 1: You guys are good. Have you guys tried the chicken big Mac?
Speaker 2: I have? It was fine.
Speaker 3: I have not had fried food since the that's right administration.
Speaker 1: So well no, no, no, no, no, no no please. All right, So now it's time to do forty prop bets, but this year it's thirty because inflation hits all of us, guys, we're all we're all shrink flating a little bit. We'll try to cut some costs. And also because about ten of the props every year, none of them, about ten of them weren't winners. So you get thirty and and and here we go. What we do every year is we write up some props and after watching a couple of exhibition games there they're questions that only have one answer, and then we had them at the end of the year. And usually thirty five percent is good enough to take home the gold and Cam and Landon have already agreed on the punishment for this season. Pick them. Well, we'll keep that a secret until well, uh, we'll keep it a secret until a video surfaces next day for one of us. It'll be but here we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be on Reddit and also hotnewhip Hop dot com.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I'm supposed to follow that up by asking you how many points the one here you can score this year, But I guess that's the only thing I can do. So here we go with twenty twenty four prop bets, starting with let's ask about Hunter Dickinson over under eighteen points per game four? Hunter seventeen point nine was his mark from a year ago.
Speaker 2: I will go over. I will also go over if he plays.
Speaker 1: All right, then what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna change this line until we have a discrepancy what if I take it to nineteen point zho? Is that too high?
Speaker 2: That feels right? I think that's the number.
Speaker 1: Okay, nineteen nineteen slight.
Speaker 2: Oh, nineteen and ten.
Speaker 1: I think he wins the nasmith and I'm going to take an ever so slight under on nineteen because I think it's his rebounding numbers that more. Do it. If he gets the nineteen I think he is. The accolades will roll in at that point. All right, over under eleven point zho rebounds per game for Hunter? I will take it over on that. I think his numbers are crazy good.
Speaker 3: Probably also over Yeah, give me the over on that as well.
Speaker 1: All right, what if I make it eleven point five? Anyone who want to switch?
Speaker 2: I'll go under?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll stay over. I'm gonna say he gets nineteen twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go over. Probably nineteen twelve.
Speaker 1: I mean that would be really really nice. Last year it was eighteen and eleven, so surely you can take it up one there over under twenty three and a half total three pointers made by Hunter Dickinson. He made twenty four last year, So this question is does he make as many as he did last year?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I'm gonna go under. Actually I think he has. Yeah, three point shooting is not a problem for this team. He also shot like one for six hundred and forty five in conference play last year.
Speaker 1: So wow, I'm surprised. I thought for sure i'd get you guys. I thought that'd be easy. I thought you guys would both go oh yeah, if he's just got to do what he did last year, he wasn't very good last year. I'll take it over. But I like my and my logic was gonna be no, they have better shooting, so I to be different, will say over, I say they play a few more games. We're not gonna worry about him missing any time because that foot's already sore. Don't worry at all. I'll take an over on that.
Speaker 2: I'll say.
Speaker 1: I'll say Hunter gets thirty threes all right, over under nine points per game for Dwan Harris under under, Wow, both of you. I think it's over. I think Harris gets the double digits. I mean, if he can as a fifth year, then when is it gonna happen? No, that was quick, you guys immediately set under.
Speaker 3: But there's there's more scorers this year.
Speaker 2: That's that's the only thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, he can score, but why like, would you rather have him shooting over Ryland Griffin but Zeke Mayo.
Speaker 1: But when he plays that much, I think I think he's gonna score enough to get over nine. I don't know, Maybe I'll be dead wrong. I'll say I'll say I'll say over, and you guys can play that later whenever in the last two weeks of my life before I have to do the punishment, can decided on over under seven seven assists for to one Harris over?
Speaker 2: Alright, seven's a lot. Yeah, well you know what, Yeah, give me over.
Speaker 1: When okay, seven and a half? Still over over?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Under, Yeah, I think it's under on that one. Landon, you're you're they gotta be. I will say this, if they any three point props, Landon, you know, have to take an over because if Harris needs to get if Harris gets to eight plus assists per game, it's gonna be a lot of threes. He can get four or five to hunter, but he's gonna need the threes to get into that eight to nine range.
Speaker 2: That is probably true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's a Devonte Graham average?
Speaker 2: And he was point two?
Speaker 1: That's it is I think he had more assists than anybody I've seen. At Kansas, he had seven assists in a college game for an average.
Speaker 2: Is it's a lot. That is a lot of assist per game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is. And I think Harris is going to play the minutes. I don't care what Bill self says about how he wants to balance the time out more. I think he's gonna get the minutes to get there. All right, let's talk about aj Store over under thirteen points per game for aj.
Speaker 2: H, I'm going to think of where these points are gonna come from for this.
Speaker 1: That's that. That's how the props kind of work. By the time you've answered four scoring ones, you're like, oh, I have him scoring one hundred and twenty points a game, and it doesn't work. So you kind of have to.
Speaker 2: Put him like that.
Speaker 1: It makes it harder. I'm gonna say, Under, I don't think it ever really clicks for Store like it did at Wisconsin. I think he's gonna have good moments, but I don't think consistently it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I think I think Under.
Speaker 3: I think Under as well, And I'm gonna guess he averages somewhere in the realm of like ten points per game.
Speaker 1: That's a lot lower than I'm comfortable going. So, okay, how low do I have to get it to get you to switch? I think i'd take an over on eleven and a half, but I don't know if I'm taking an over on twelve.
Speaker 2: I take an over on eleven and a half. Yeah, okay, I'm just gonna make it twelve eleven eleven.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make it twelve, and I will say over. I think he gets the twelve and both of you don't. I'm like by myself. You guys are in like perfect sync at this point. If aj Star Store only averages like eleven points a game, someone's got to make up for it, especially if you guys don't think the one aris is gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not a mathematician. I basically filled math in college, but I did pass eventually, So this is not my best.
Speaker 2: My best he's gonna score over nineteen a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and everybody else is gonna be under. Let's see if you think the points get made up here over under thirteen points per game for kJ Adams. He was at thirteen point four last year. I do think his stats go up. I think he will score. I don't know about the rebounding part, but the scoring isn't really a problem. He also should be improved at the line. Give me an over. I think he's about fifteen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna go under.
Speaker 3: I'll say over and say fourteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this Landon should be a very interesting question. Who finishes second on the team in points per game?
Speaker 2: That is a really interesting question. I could say an answer that will be wrong, but I wish would be true.
Speaker 1: I think it's kJ H. I don't know if that means ceiling reached, but I think it's going to be kJ uh.
Speaker 2: You know, just flame me later. Griffin scores like fourteen a game.
Speaker 1: I wish, sir, if the music if Ryland Griffin finishes second in scoring, then this team's gonna be so fun.
Speaker 2: It would be fun. But Bill says we can have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I've definitely done that a few times. That's why this drip exists on the board cam Who's second is scoring?
Speaker 2: Thing?
Speaker 3: I hate? I hate this. I actually think you are right with it being kJ Adams, But I also, yeah, you're probably right with kJ Adams. I just I can't see I want to say someone like Ryland Griffin.
Speaker 2: I just don't see it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So like this is not a prop, but I think there is a I think that the gap between Hunter and kJ is closer in scoring than the gap between kJ and AJ Store, And that might be lu nassy at its finest, but I don't know. That's just I think AJ. I think Hunter is gonna have nineteen. I think kJ I'll have about fifteen. I think Store will be about eleven. I think it's all They're kind of all in the same pattern.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I think there's gonna be games where where Griffin goes off and has like twenty points and goes five for six for three. But I think consistency wise, kJ probably yeah, is gonna be right around thirteen fourteen a game.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: I think there's a good chance there's like six players between nine and fourteen points.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you're totally right on that, which is what makes this really hard. Moving on from scoring, Who's finishes second on the team in rebounds, so you are you don't have to just we're all assuming Hunter is gonna lead, Like if you, for whatever reason, think Hunter finishes second. You're allowed to say him. I just figured if I asked who's first, that's too easy. Who's second in rebounds based on their history? It's not Store, It's not kJ.
Speaker 2: I mean it has to be Flory, right.
Speaker 1: Oh you think Flory. If Florri averages more than kJ with the season you're predicting Hunter to have, then kJ didn't do anything to step forward in that regard.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: I have to think it's gonna be better. I'm gonna bet on senior kJ. I think it's him same same. I have to go Caj here.
Speaker 2: He's got to, right, he has to. He's rebounded okay in the exhibitions.
Speaker 1: I do like Flori just having nasty per forty numbers saving you on that one cam. That's that doesn't sound have bad. I'm not saying that they won't be a better team if that's the case, too. Who finishes second on the team and assists not Aj Store? You? I think it's.
Speaker 2: Wow, No, no, no, kJ Adams.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, that's wild. I think it's Zeke Mayo flaming hot take. That will not happen whatsoever Hunter Dickinson, because he'll be swarmed in the paint and passing.
Speaker 1: That's a really good call. Three very different approaches there. So looking forward to seeing it not be one of those three players who scores more points overall, Zeke Mayo or Ryland Griffin.
Speaker 2: I have to say Rylan.
Speaker 1: Griffin has the higher floorer. He's done it at this level. The question is will he get the consistency like, if he does, it's him. I don't think it is. Uh manh yeah, I think it's Griffin. I that's that's close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, give me Griffin as well.
Speaker 1: Over under thirteen and a half minutes per game for David quit.
Speaker 2: Over it's yeah, easily over.
Speaker 1: Okay, how far do I have to bump this up? Because I'm gonna say over too, but I'm gonna take an under on this updated line sixteen and a half minutes per game under.
Speaker 2: Slide over.
Speaker 3: I think you're probably right, but it would be really fun to see him play.
Speaker 1: More and see it's even more fun whenever you start trying to do that. You got to average two hundred minutes a game as a team, and you start putting all that in there. I will say if quit gets over that, then that's a good sign. For the Harris and kJ not playing every freaking minute. Who plays more overall minutes? Shack More or Rakeys pass More?
Speaker 2: Oh, I will go with rakeees see, I think it's Shack.
Speaker 1: I think wow, all right. I think Shaquille Moore is gonna be one of Bill Sells faper. Shaquille Moore is going to play because he's better at defense. And they're gonna have forty points in thirty five minutes. And Ryland Griffin will be growing a mustache on the bench from not playing because self will insist on the Harris More front court or backcourt. Uh, that's going to be Yeah, just watch does oh man? Here we go, guys, this is even better after after the game we just watched. Does Zach Clemens make multiple three pointers this year? It's gotta make two?
Speaker 2: Everyone go to your shelters. Two threes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say whatever, you guys, don't You guys can have whatever you want.
Speaker 2: No, sure, why not?
Speaker 3: I think he I think he banks in one and then he makes one that makes zero sense when they lose by ten points in the round of thirty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say walk on God, Zach Clemens makes one against what UNC wilmingson and then yeah, give me whoever they play in the first round. Yeah over under ten combined points and rebounds per game, So you gotta have whatever the points per game and rebounds game if they average six and four at works got to get to ten for Florri Badunga.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Yeah, I just I say Cam kind of has right around where he's gonna hover.
Speaker 1: I well, really see, I don't. I think Clements is gonna play way more than we think. Oh gosh, and I think Hunter is gonna play way more than well, Sarah, have you met bill self?
Speaker 2: He will make it to like January and this is happening. We're gonna get better help Therapy to sponsor the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the I should have kept their number from all the years that we watched Landon Lucas and uh Jamari Traylor play over future lottery pick that absolutely is gonna be upstud in the NBA. Shacked Yallo right two shek Dallow references in one podcast that's been a while. Who leads Kansas in free throw percentage? They have to take at least twenty shots, so justin cross going two for two does not count twenty free throw attempts.
Speaker 3: I think it might be Dewan Harris, okay, Zeke, Zeke.
Speaker 1: Mayo AJ Store was an eighty two percent free throw shooter at Wisconsin. But I yeah, really, I see. I think it's Zeke Mayo. I'll say that. I think Harris is good.
Speaker 2: Fine, fine, you cowarded me into keeping the pick. I'll take Zeke.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be store, and we're all gonna store. Will not will not do much of anything compared to expectations, but it'll be a good free throw shooter, which is fine. That counts. By the way, over under six different players actually no, h yeah, over under six and a half. So the over would be seven different players start a game, and it does not count if they start on senior night, like just a by the way, senior night start doesn't start seven over under six and a half different players start a game. I think it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's over.
Speaker 1: You would would you all abandon ship? If I made it seven and a half? You think seven and eight's the deal breaker? Because I'll say over on seven and a half, okay, I'll say over under seven and a half. I think that koit's gonna start. I think, uh, well, who would that be? Who is that? Who would that be? At this point? And injuries count, right, someone's gonna get hurt. Koit's gonna start, and Griffin's gonna start at some point they'll start a game. Am I crazy? You think Digginson starts them all his foot? It doesn't feel too good right now, it has to be.
Speaker 3: I just it's hard for me to see Billsof starting eight guys in the span of sea in a season.
Speaker 2: I don't know why which is hard.
Speaker 1: I'll go over and hope I'm wrong, because we have five guys that just take the ground and run with it from the start. Does Hunter Digginson score it thirty points at least once this year?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes? Okay?
Speaker 1: How high do I have to get it?
Speaker 2: Thirty two?
Speaker 1: Does he score thirty two this year? I think yes, thirty three?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, give me a number. What's the highest? You go.
Speaker 2: He's going to score thirty five? Oh?
Speaker 1: Really? So if I made it thirty five, you'd both say yes, I guess. So this is the same guy that Bill said's gonna play less. Okay, all right, I'll make it thirty four. You I'll make it thirty three. I'm feeling generous, and I will say he does not. I will say he does not make thirty three. So you guys have a little bit of a cushion there. Who has the highest scoring game of the season for Kansas excluding Dickinson.
Speaker 2: I do kind of think you have like one, either Zeke Mayo or Ryland Griffin game where they hit thirty.
Speaker 1: Griffin's the best bet I'll go with.
Speaker 2: I'll go with Ryland Griffin.
Speaker 1: I want to say CAJ but he doesn't make three, so it's and he doesn't really make free throws, so it's so much harder for him to get there.
Speaker 2: I mean, kJ can make ten times.
Speaker 1: kJ could make ten baskets in a free throw and that's the same as Ryland Griffin making like six threes in a couple of buckets. Like, Okay, you guys aren't ready for this. I'm gonna say it's the one Harris. I'm gonna sayd one. Harris has one.
Speaker 2: I considered him, he was he was my third option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say he has one, Like twenty seven. Wow, I didn't know you could do that. Where the hell's that been? The last four years sort of game. It kind of saw it against Arkansas. Does Kansas lose at least one game to a team that finishes in tenth place or worse in the final Big twelve standings?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, every year.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me make it. Let me see how bad I can make it. Twelve bottom five teams. Do they lose to one of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably so I'm gonna say no on that one. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that they take care of their business. Sir at Utah on a Tuesday night, No chance that bites him in the rear end, No chance who leads the team in total three point makes we all know what we want to say.
Speaker 2: I think it's maybe easy.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, really.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's Griffin, I will say, yeah, I don't think it's that close. I think he's gonna make like I think Ryland Griffin will make like eighty or ninety threes. It'll be feel like, well, well he should, he should if he's allowed to play. We will see predict the round Kansas reaches their final round in the NCAA tournament, I will say, final four, yeah, final four, yeah, play the music, Final four? Yeah? What could go wrong? Over under fourteen and a half conference wins.
Speaker 2: Out of twenty mind you, yeah, correct over on fourteen and a half? Yeah, give me over fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if I made it fifteen and a half, you'd say that that gets you to both flip.
Speaker 2: I think it's fifteen, So I guess under.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say under under whatever, screw it, they get to sixteen. Do they want to share the Big Twelve?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: Do they reach at least the finals of the Big twelve tournament? They have a one one of these in a long time. I'll say they sure. Why No, I hadn't always getting that right because he's the only one that ever says no over under six and a half wins in the first seven basketball games they played the month of November. That's Michigan State, Duke and North Carolina mixed in with four cupcakes. What Furman, Wilmington, Howard, and.
Speaker 2: Oakland. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'll say they win them all.
Speaker 2: Screw it. I think they take.
Speaker 3: Give me the yeah, give me the over. But I am a little worried about North Carolina, even though it's at home.
Speaker 1: I don't the only thing if Dickinson plays against North Carolina, I think they're fine. Because I don't think UNC's front court is nearly what it was when Bacott was there. But if Dickinson doesn't play and we got the Zach Clements experience trying to in Flora Vedonga, trying to stop our J Davis in the paint, then it's gonna be a little different. Yeah, all right. There are I believe twelve road games on the schedule. That is ten conference games plus Creighton and Missouri. Do they win at least eight of them? Yes?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear the number you cut out eight.
Speaker 1: Do they win at least eight road games out of twelve?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And their confidence is palpable, folks. Is the Missouri game decided by eight or fewer points?
Speaker 2: No? Really, I think it is. Actually yeah, I think this is the one that's actually closed. I still think Kansas wins.
Speaker 1: It's the most likely one to be close. Yeah, I think they'll win. But I always get this one wrong. Last year it was eight, and well like Missouri was awful last year and they're building this year. Yeah, he's closed as landon laughs. Do they lose a home.
Speaker 2: Game by math? Yes? They do.
Speaker 1: I say no, I say they run, though I think they run the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me, give me undefeated at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've said that so many years in a row, and it's just an annual l for me on this. But we'll roll with that. And I lie. There are thirty one, not thirty. Oh the last one over under twenty and a half total points for the walk on unit does not include that clements.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's gotta be under this year.
Speaker 1: Really, see, I think it's over. I think they're just stampeding some of these teams. I say, the walk on is getting to the twenty scirt whatever. All right, that's your that's your prop bets. I feel like this is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Like those.
Speaker 1: I feel like that those are all kind of painful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like them. Yeah. I actually had to think a little bit, which is scary at.
Speaker 1: Least a little bit, just like Landon when he said this, Okay, let's talk about ask rcp uh Cam. I saw you in the mentions responding to some of these tweets. I like how you are in Okay, I'll find it whenever I get there. There are twelve today and these were posted before the Washburn game, when the tension was at an all time high. And so now we'll see if things are a little bit better at Kate Eden fourteen, Uh, shooting and spacing is badly needed. Will Ryland Griffin start over Adams to begin the air no? Or how long will it take until self starts him? My answer to that is, uh, laughs in laughs with tears sound effect. He should? He should.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's the correct answer, though, Ruyn.
Speaker 1: Are we sure that kJ? Are we sure that kJ should be the one that doesn't start?
Speaker 2: I think schematically it makes sense because I.
Speaker 1: Think you can argue that they should start Griffin Overstore because of performance, and Griffin over Adams because of schematic fit.
Speaker 2: Or you go Harris koit mayo Griffin kJ and we just run and dunk forever, which I think you start all five Zach Clemens's.
Speaker 1: Which most of those lineups would work fine if they run into Washburn in the twenty twenty five NCAA tournament, But I don't know. Zach Clemens didn't score against Washburn in twenty twenty four to twenty five at Ryan underscore Landrad. Have you guys seen Iowa States basketball schedule, because oh my gosh, is it total?
Speaker 2: Who's in? I have not, but I'm gonna look it.
Speaker 1: Up all right, here it is. Here are their opponents. Mississippi Valley State tickets for four dollars, Kansas City Ruise tickets for three dollars, Indianapolis University of Indiana tickets as low as three dollars i.
Speaker 2: U p U I.
Speaker 1: Then they play Auburn and Marquette in back to back games that are both preseason top twenty teams. They didn't schedule either of those teams, by the way, those were challenges by the league. Then they resume with Jackson State four dollar tickets at Iowa Caitlin Clark's not playing, so it won't be hard, Omaha six dollars tickets, Morgan State seven dollar tickets. Then they start Big twelve play, Like, how much is that athletic department shelling out for by games?
Speaker 2: I mean charging seven dollars ticket.
Speaker 3: You know it's bad when the top story when you search Iowa State basketball is from two four to seven sports and it's the methodology in Iowa State's basketball schedule.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean last merchants. Yeah, last year there were great in the net, but they didn't get the one seed that a lot of people thought they deserved in the NCAA tournament because their non conference schedule was buns and so they went out there and doubled down this year as I still have Fox four News on after the World Series and the top story on tonight's news is developing tree falls on children. It must have happened because one of Zach Clements's three balls in practice been a little crazy and it hit one of those loose trees, and well, you know what happens. Sometimes sometimes there's a kid standing underneath it. Ouch at Kujhawks Underscore fan, not much review about the Arkansas game or is there Nah? It happens. Man. They didn't have Hunter Dickinson that game, and I think it said more about Arkansas than Kansas. I think Arkansas should get top ten, if not top five votes after that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agree, it's early.
Speaker 1: All right, let's ask, let's answer some of these questions about Hunter Dickinson's foot, because that is a very very righteous concern I think at Bernergoff eighteen zero zero two, how concerned are you about Hunter Dickinson's injury?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Terrified. I don't like the sound of it. Could it wind up being a big nothing burger? Yes? Is it more likely to be nothing than something, probably so, but how many times have we seen this? The day to day thing? We know how one turns into two if he's not in uniform and playing a healthy amount of minutes against Howard, I am concerned. I don't care who they could beat without him. That is the most important player to their team, arguably of anybody in college basketball this year.
Speaker 2: I do think if if he doesn't play against Howard, the caution light goes from yellow to orange, and if he doesn't play against North Carolina, it goes to a blinking, screaming red.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's if he doesn't If he doesn't play against North Carolina, I'll be unresponsive on the floor.
Speaker 2: So I lit'tle worried.
Speaker 1: Why Landon, are you not worried if he doesn't play against Howard? If he's missing regular season basketball games in a Nasmith.
Speaker 2: Campaign like there's there, it's it's a glorified exhibition. Yeah, it would be notably like it would be notable. I should say it would be a step worse than not playing exhibitions. But it's Howard. It's it's a team that you still should beat by like twenty five without him. That's why I'm not super worried because I could see if for whatever reason, if it's not a one healed thing, give him as much time as he needs in games that you will win. The North Carolina one is not a guarantee like that, even though is at home. I think Kansas should beat North Carolina, probably with or without Hunter Dickinson. But if he sits a game like that, that's when I truly smashed the panic button.
Speaker 1: I think that's right in premise, if you are blind to the history of Kansas basketball, I think that's a fair opinion. But I've just seen way too many Oh, we're just gonna hold him out against this team. Remember last year, they're like Kevin McCuller knee kind of hurts. He's not gonna play against Oklahoma State because they're like, oh to six, So like, we'll be fine, and look what happened. Like I don't know. I think regular season basketball games, especially from a Bill seth.
Speaker 2: A conference game in Howard.
Speaker 1: But especially when you're Bill self and you play Dwan Harris thirty seven minutes a game. Whenever you're up by sixty at the end of the Howard game, he's still out there. Like I think that Bill self he does not believe in resting players. He does not believe in that sort of thing. If he's not playing Hunter Dickinson. I don't think the at least not publicly. I don't think the opponent matters nearly as much as some people think it does when it comes to holding people out of regular season games. These games count. They they're gonna be out there, So I hope he does at C Underscore Wayne's world does pass morning consideration for serious playing time. He looks the part. He didn't look very games Washburn. This is coming off the Arkansas game. You guys think he plays more than shack More though, which means that you think that it's him and Zeke Mayo playing the the two and backing up to one. Harris.
Speaker 2: I think pass Moore has a chance to play some. I don't think he'll play a ton. Maybe maybe I'm just totally blanking on shack More being a good player. Maybe he'll be really solid. I think pass More will play some.
Speaker 1: I mean shack Moore will play a little bit.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be He's gonna be one of those guys that'll have spurs. So it would be like, why does he playablere and then he'll also do things you're like, that's exactly why, So yeah, we have it.
Speaker 2: I think that's great. I think he'll try him out there against like Oakland or something, and he'll have like ten and five and like wow, or he's passing, like this guy's amazing. And then the next game against a real team, he'll which Oakland's a real team.
Speaker 1: But he'll be the guy that yet at easy.
Speaker 2: Go with him physically and he'll do nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll put him out against Creighton and he'll immediately launch a three that will miss badly, and self will be like, Okay, that's enough for you the rest of the night. Yeah, we've seen that more and more times than we have it. I also just think that he is Shaquille Moore is a guy who was a starter on a power league team in Mississippi State. I think he's gonna play more than a freshman in bill selves offense. But maybe the injury, maybe it never gets off the ground. That sucks to be in a walking boot at Elliott ruson h cam. How does it feel to maybe be right? I assume this is about the Hunter Dickinson foot cam. You're gonna be right a few times, at least I hope on this podcast. I certainly hope the first time you're right isn't about Hunter Dickinson's foot being cursed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you guys seen the movie twenty twelve?
Speaker 1: Yes? I have.
Speaker 3: Long you guys remember the guy you guys, remember the guy that like predicted the end of the world and then he's like out in the wilderness as the volcanoes ro Harlson.
Speaker 1: What Harrelson is that is you? I guess in this scenario.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it gets like firebomb and dies. That's kind of how it feels.
Speaker 1: That movie is so ass I was so excited to watch that movie. It came out like two thousand and nine, and it like that was a thing. The twenty twelfth Day was like, oh my gosh, this is gonna happen. And it was like three hours long, and the Earth doesn't even end. It just ends with like the arc arriving and like the calendars like year one. That's not how it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you guys remember there was a Twitter account called the Mayan Apocalypse and it had one tweet and it was on twenty on that day, on twenty twelve, and it just goes Sorry, running.
Speaker 2: A bit late.
Speaker 1: I do kind of remember that. That was when Twitter was good.
Speaker 2: It's it's Twitter name was like at kaboom with like ten O's we need to go back good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well tell Elon, well at the Wheel Reel too, y'all tried the Wheel pizza. I need to give the Wheel Reel to his kudos because he actually got me to tweet out his Rock Chalk blog a report that Doug McDaniel is too stupid to play basketball at Kansas State because GBA's too low. So you got me on that one, buddy. I've never been to the Wheel.
Speaker 2: I've been there, but I didn't eat.
Speaker 1: Is it good? Like? Is the is the vibe good?
Speaker 2: It was fine?
Speaker 3: I mean it was It was after I think it was after the Villanova game in like twenty eighteen. I was with my dad, so we were just kind of hanging out.
Speaker 2: But it was cool. It was different.
Speaker 1: Landon, have you been to the Wheel? You're kind of a bar guy, aren't you, like like like kind of a night life kind of guy. Aren't you more than like you were when you were homeschooled?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, No, I haven't been to the to the Wheel. I wouldn't be opposed, I'd.
Speaker 1: Go, all right, well there you go. At some point, somebody take Landon to the wheel maybe if maybe we'll let him, like we'll do a contest. If Landon wins pick them, he'll get to take one of our listeners to the wheel. None of you volunteer because Landon doesn't win. Pick them in case you're new here won't be needed at let's see here at olr Casey Turkey or Ham on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Ham baby, Oh, I think the correct take is him, but I'm gonna say Turkey because I haven't had ham in a while.
Speaker 1: That's the answer. Ham is better than turkey. But you have turkey on Thanksgiving. It's just what you do. It's one of those things that we're never going to shake like that. There are so many things in society that we do even though we really shouldn't. Uh, And that's that's one of them. Turkey is worse than ham.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: What is you, guys, is do either one of you have like a bizarro holiday meal tradition, like like some people have like freaking pizza on Christmas and stuff like that. You guys have like a tradition that you do that would make everybody else.
Speaker 2: Go huh for food specifically, Oh.
Speaker 1: Is there? Yes?
Speaker 2: I meant it makes it sounds like there's nothing else, but I don't there's anything else shocking. I know. I'm a very strange man, not the most normal person in the world.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: I used to do uh.
Speaker 3: I would have pizza with my dad on Christmas even than we watch ye A Christmas Story back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I am here we go, cam. You have no idea what you just did. A Christmas Story is one of my five favorite movies. I've watched it. I if you put it on mute, I could do the script. Really, every single word of that of that amazing movie that is based on an amazing book. And God, we trust all others pay cash based on a book was very funny, very amazing movie. I have two leg lamps in my house. Actually one is on my desk. I'm touching the gleaming sex in the window leg lamp here.
Speaker 2: I'm I know.
Speaker 1: So it's great.
Speaker 3: Some people, some people watch that movie on Charter spectrum. Ryan is on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: And therefore I remember every word of A Christmas Story right like it all fits there.
Speaker 2: You couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: About it Landon, and you, on the other hand, think that movie sucks.
Speaker 2: I watched it for the first time, like all the way through two or three years ago, and the first time I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it was funny. I had a good time with it. And then the second time I decided to sit down and watch it, either last year maybe two years ago, just dreadful, just not built. I thought. The second time, it just everything about it, like the the the utter, sheer, raw annoyance that I felt watching that movie hit me. Hit me like a ton of bricks, like a wave crashing in the ocean. Yeah, this is very bad, sad loss.
Speaker 1: I grew up just thinking that if you plug two things into the same outlet, that fuses could blow and that the whole house will just be plunged into darkness. I didn't know how that worked, and I now I do. And also I grew up thinking that whenever you change a flat tire, if you let the bolts go, you have to say a very naughty word that Bill self said to a reporter once. If I recall great, great sound effect, I need to clip. That is what I do. A couple more here at show me hawk, this will get us on our on our on our happy pats. Kansas football has been a disaster this year oh and five and one score games and lots of senior talent leaving this offseason. Do we have any reason to believe Kansas football would be good in twenty twenty five? And there's the one can reply to with bugs Bunny going no in gift mode on reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, yeah, no, there's not a single reason, not one, not one reason they.
Speaker 1: Might be better than they are this year by record, just because are you watching how it's going? Oh?
Speaker 2: Somebody did next year's on oh to twelve watch is my prediction.
Speaker 1: The Cole Ballard era is gonna be gonna be more fun at Preston Skerson. Has Cal gotten more likable over the years since he's at Arkansas, especially now, Yes he has. We've always liked Cali Perry on this podcast after very much so not liking him around the time we started it, And yes, I like. I think he's great, good for the sport at Cal.
Speaker 2: I think Cal's an overrated coach now, but I think he is good.
Speaker 1: He's Landa thinks he's washed. Cam and I both think he wins one of the next like four or five national titles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's built for it.
Speaker 3: He he was doing nil before nil was a thing, so was Bill. Shout out to Bill. But I think he's built for the nil era. He's gonna win a title in the next five years.
Speaker 1: At k tweets and news Well, kJ Adams ever seen minutes at the five with Badonga in the fold? No, he won't, And like I know, we're growing, but Clements is here too. Like kJ is never gonna play at the.
Speaker 2: Five, which is kind of a shame because I think I'd rather see him play a little five than the four. Yeah. Yeah, if he plays at the five, something went really wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct at Blue Blood's Blue bottom line as Aver exhibition games aren't real. I don't believe Kansas is actually twenty points worse than Arkansas. It's Gonzaga lost to USC as well. Yeah that is true, there's a little and I don't think Arizona State is sixty points worse than Duke as they showed him that talked about how they need to improve with the ball screen d but overall not a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always saw that get shinier against Washburn and the last question from Boom and Frosty. Even with the one scoring, I still think we have a better option at point guard on this team. If you could pick one, who would you start in his place? And what would Dewan's role be?
Speaker 2: Sensitive topic? I do think Dewan grades out as like a pretty traditional backup point guard, like a guy who's gonna play pretty tough d won't make a ton of mistakes and can hit an occasional shot. Yeah, he reminds me of Russell Robinson. Has anyone ever made that comparison? Yeah, he is.
Speaker 1: That's not too bad. And Russell Robinson was never the primary point guard, right He played alongside Mario and they had Sharon, And therefore I think Russell Robinson was remembered as being the defensive specialist who could hit an occasional shot but wasn't asked to do too much. If he had been asked to do more, it never would have really worked. And look at what they asked. Look what they asked the one Harris to do. It doesn't always work. That's really not the worst comparison, it's actually pretty good one. I think Harris is the best point guard on this roster. But I would start Zeke Mayo if I had to start somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the answer. I agree.
Speaker 1: If you ever have asked. GARCBS used the Twitter hashtag landon why don't you like pizza Street. We'll get to that all right. Now, you get a preview a game, Camus is your very first game on IP. It's very exciting. Well, actually your first game was the Arkansas game. But we're just gonna pretend that that one didn't count because that wasn't a great start, and the history book show it didn't. Howard at number one Kansas on Monday, November fourth, that is, one night before the election, at seven o'clock on ESPN plus, ESPN plus. Almost as toxic as this election is, Kamala Harris is Howard Bison of the MEAC. You guys may remember how Howard losing to Kansas by a million in the NCAA tournament, only to be told that they quote did so good by Kamala Harris in the locker room right after the game ended, and everybody there looked like they wanted to leap to their deaths. Howard was eighteen and seventeen last year. Oh go ahead, cam I'll never I'll never stop you with I was.
Speaker 3: Just gonna say, in contrary to what they were told, they could not unburden what had been done in that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's gonna be a real fun year. I can tell. They were eighteen, Howard was eighteen and seventeen. Last year they finished second in their conference. They lost a playing game to Wagner in the NCAA tournament in a game that you guys didn't remember because I'm not sure it actually happened.
Speaker 3: Defind I just became privy to this now, yep.
Speaker 1: And you also can become not pervy, almost said pervy. Don't do that, don't.
Speaker 2: You can pervy?
Speaker 1: You can also become You can also become acquainted to filling in Knick's role here in the Ryan Land and Cam order of paragraphs when we do this. And Nick was great at a lot of things, but remembering that three step sequence was not one of them. I had to edit out a lot of pauses over the years because he would just forget that he was supposed to read paragraphs. Let's see if we can do better, and the new era of itp Land and tell me about who plays for Howard?
Speaker 2: Uh No, it was hard enough to do this for the first game. Now with the transfer portal, no one knows who plays where. Last year, Howard got to the free throw line a lot and played a very slow pace. They've also been a top sixty three point shooting team in three consecutive years, so it's probably gonna be about that. It's probably gonna be trying to draw fouls, slow the game down, but take a lot of threes while doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now that I just added in an awkward pause, I will continue the tradition of Nick whipert as I was for some type of introduction. I did not actually, you know, I really did not do that on purpose. That was just really poor podcasting. Kansas has played Howard twice.
Speaker 2: It is the same level of podcasting. I'm just keeping up with the tradition. Kansas has played Howard twice.
Speaker 3: They beat them by twenty eight in the first round of the twenty twenty three NCAA Tournament, and then in twenty eleven, the Jayhawks beat them by an impossible eighty nine to thirty four score. Here is the box score of that game, which I was not supposed to read out loud inside the paint.
Speaker 2: We do quality podcasting and in that game.
Speaker 1: In which Kansas beat Howard by an apocalyptic fifty five points, they only had two players reached double digit scoring. Oh, actually, I didn't see Connor tn Way down there on the bench. He scored thirteen. They had. Their leading score was thirteen in a game they won by fifty five, Howard's best player. Howard had one player score more than five points.
Speaker 2: Not a good game there. I don't think this one's gonna be that bad, but it's gonna be a win by a lot for Kansas. Give me Kansas eighty six to fifty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, give me a Kansas ninety Howard sixty three. Bill Soff says, we didn't guard anybody, and then we go play a better game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that feels right. If Digginson plays. I like Kansas to hit one hundred in this game. I just watched an offense that I don't think can be stopped by Howard. I'm gonna say Kansas scores one hundred, one hundred and two to sixty five and blow out over the Bison in the season opener. And these games count for real now, both for the Jayhawks and for us, and pick them. No pressure, boys, but it's a pretty soft opening week, so you get a few layups, and then there's a couple of actual competitive games. The best game from this week is set to be number eight Baylor at number six Gonzaga in a rematch of a couple seasons ages blowout national championship game. They will play on Monday at ten thirty pm. Good for you at college basketball making sure that the scheduling windows are great for your marquee games. That eleven thirty East Coast tip off for the only game between ranked fos in the first week of the year. I want to say Baylor wins because we've seen this matchup before, but I think in Zag is actually really good this year. I will take the Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Spokane, I agree. I will also take the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: And then number nineteen Texas kicks off their sec ERA by going into Vegas and playing Ohio State. I don't know why this game's happening or why they're opening, they just are. I think Texas is a is a force to be reckoned with until Rodney Terry remembers how to coach. I will say that they beat the Buckeyes.
Speaker 2: Uh give me Ohio State. Wow.
Speaker 3: I will also say that Texas beats the Buckeyes and shout out to fad Mada. I'm sure he's selling insurance by now.
Speaker 1: I fad Moda is coaching somewhere. He's at Butler, Yeah, he's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's at basically the same thing.
Speaker 1: But he did take like a four year hiatus, so he probably was selling farmers insurance at that point and then he got he got hired because there's so many freaking coaching jobs out there. And then you guys can have a couple of layups. Maine at number seven, Koop Flag, I think that Duke squeaks one out on their home floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Cooper Flagg has a chance to score mains points. Yeah, Duke by seven.
Speaker 1: And then I was going to give you guys Houston and Jackson State, but instead a night before a very important night for the man, Elon Musk will go into Chapel Hill and play number nine North Carolina. I don't think it matters which game we pick. Have your free pickham point. Here's your Mario Gold sound effects for just going into your bag.
Speaker 2: The team that you've heard of, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the team that you've heard of. So at this point you guys should have three in the bag for Pickham, and then we'll see Landon will start off by being one game behind everybody else. That's kind of what happens. Yeah, well then that will never end poorly, all right, So we will do a show at some point in the middle of the next week after we have an actual game to recap whenever we're morning hunter Dickinson's setback that he suffers whenever Bill Selp throws him out there up eighty five to forty with three minutes left against Howard, and then they'll get ready for the tar Heels of North Carolina, one of the most anticipated games in the history of allan Fieldhouse. But until then, you've made it through two shows. Cam, you're doing great. This is inside the paint a Rock, Chuck flog on maryan.
Speaker 2: Land and I'm Camlpool. I'm Landing Field.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody behave yourself.
Speaker 2: Bye, Zach Clements