Speaker 1: On one Linchin Taco, Orlando's rock station one O one w j r R. Did you get your vote in yet? For ten or for you say we play it?
Speaker 2: A lot of people did a lot of people did?
Speaker 3: J R Our Facebook pages where you're voting on which warrant song.
Speaker 1: Listeners suggested you say we play it this morning? Now, your vote will automatically qualify you for this morning's prize, which is four day passes for Welcome to Rockville. Somebody's randomly picked two votes and gets those tickets. Please keep in mind, only vote once. Yeah, just one vote counts.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: So have had it? Got about fifteen minutes, all right? Quite sure what to make of this. Remember a few years ago the rage was and the advice was, stop sitting at your desk all day. You got you gotta get yourself a standing desk. Yeah, I remember, our boss Rick did it, and still he still stands. Most of it still has one. You know, the whether you got the standing desk or the desk with the treadmill underneath the two that's another one.
Speaker 2: That didn't happen in my world. You know what desk guy?
Speaker 3: Have this one right here, pat where I can sit not only sit, but have my feet up. I find myself doing that a lot at my desk out there.
Speaker 1: Do you know that the global market for standing desks is absolutely booming and projected to reach upwards of twelve point six billion dollars by twenty thirty two.
Speaker 2: Why couldn't we thought of that?
Speaker 1: You know, hold on, I'm gonna pour cold water all over this. Why A new study from Australia involving eighty three thousand participants found that prolonged standing does not improve heart health and could even increase the risk of certain circulatory problems.
Speaker 2: Okay, so hold on now.
Speaker 1: Researchers discovered that standing for extended periods of time did not reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. In fact, spending too much time either sitting or standing was linked to a higher risk of problems such as Verico's veins and feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
Speaker 3: So there's all these desks being sold, but now you're telling me it's not good to be standing.
Speaker 2: I am not telling you this.
Speaker 1: I'm simply the vessel communicating the research. That's why I just said, with feet up, just like this, as you said, and I anticipated that as your response. Actually, a lot of times, I just love putting this chair next to me, wheeling it over and putting my feet right there. And then I think of all the guests that we have come in, like Coughin every week, or when we had Matt from Trivium here last week, and I think you probably shouldn't put my feet in that chair.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna sure it's your comfort first, Taco. Yeah, thank you. I'm gonna I'm gonna start giving interviewees that far chair over there.
Speaker 2: Is that That's how I could plan.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you could just disinfect that chair before a guest arrives. I mean you disinfect everything else in the studio every day. M hmm, that's one of Taco's tasks. I don't disinfect it. I just my side over here.
Speaker 3: This is the side that guests will sit on, and it gets greasy from people, so I can just wipe and can decrease it. The grossest germophobe. We know some of that grease is from yours truly as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've covered the potential problems with standing desks. Let's move on to this also something in your area of expertise.
Speaker 3: I don't see you in a standing desk. By the way, Pat, I don't see me in a standing desk, and you won't and you won't see me either. Don't sit on the toilet for more than ten minutes. Doctors warn, Oh, that's a no brainer. That's why I'm so quick. Well, that and other reasons.
Speaker 1: Assistant Professor of Medicine and director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Stonybrook Medicine on Long Island, doctor Bara Monzour says that extended sitting sessions on the toilet could impact your health. Adversely, we're talking, well, let's go right to the hemorrhoid department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't wanted to sit too long. That's it.
Speaker 1: The open, oval shaped toilet seat impresses the buttocks, keeping the rectum in a lower position than if you were sitting on the couch with gravity pulling the lower half of the body down. The increased pressure affects your blood circulation. Here's where it comes down. It becomes a one way of you were blood enters but really can't go back. As a result, the veins and blood vessels surrounding the anus and lower rectum become enlarged and in gorged. With blood, increasing the risk of hemorrhoids.
Speaker 3: All that aside, I'm just picturing if you're a doctor out at a happy hour and you work at what's the name of that place?
Speaker 2: You work at the bowl.
Speaker 1: He's the direct Let's give him the proper kudos here, director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Stonybrook Medicine on Long Island.
Speaker 3: So what do you do for a living? I hate to it. I'm glad you asked the director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Stonybrook. He's got to have initials for that. You know, he's not busting out with bowel at a happy hour. Director of ib DC. Yeah, at Stonybrook. Oh really, that sounds like a prestigious job. It was really nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna buy me a drink. You gotta smell.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Uh, you'll never have to worry about this. So you are one of the quickest sessions. Uh when it comes to this that there is thank you you are. If there's world records in this, I would think you would be.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Perhaps a contender mentioned it at the very beginning of the story.
Speaker 2: Did you disinfect your chair with dudewives? No? Dudewives.
Speaker 3: You don't use on furniture, use them on you. What would you spray on that chair if you wanted to discum it iceol?
Speaker 2: Is it just light saw? I guess just mask it with a fabreeze. It is only smell clean.
Speaker 3: It is rude that I put my feet up there. I definitely need to start making that far chair for the guest because.
Speaker 2: Think of what's on your shoes.
Speaker 1: Do you realize they would be none the wiser if you hadn't just outed yourself on one hundred thousand want radio station.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they weren't listening.
Speaker 1: Anybody who was watching Wheel of Fortune this week, I bet caught this.
Speaker 2: If not, you're gonna love it. This is a must watch a video clip.
Speaker 1: On our Facebook page if you want to see it. So the category was phrase taco phrase, Uh huh. The number of letters up to this contestants guests have been flipped over and it's pretty clear to see to most folks. I think that the phrasing question is give yourself a round of applause.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: This guy didn't see what most people saw. I like to buy you, Well, you're gonna get three yu's.
Speaker 2: I like to solve the part role. Okay, well, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Treat yourself a round of sausage.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's not it. Over to Katina, I like to solve. Okay, give yourself a round of applause.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, although well I kind of like yours better.
Speaker 2: That sounds that sounds better than just flopping.
Speaker 4: Right now, Treat yourself a round of sausage. I'm looking at the last phrase. Johnsonville Sausage. People jumped all over this man. They're like, we agree, make sure it's our sausage.
Speaker 3: The last letters he has for wherever he came up with, round of sausage start with a blank blank blank a U S E.
Speaker 2: That doesn't even spell sausage.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Ryan, I'm really hungry.
Speaker 1: This guy is certainly uh no. Director of the inflammatory bal disease that at Stony Brook is j R R M HM