Speaker 1: We talked earlier about finding someone's adult toy, and we got some text messages in about that. Let's see if I can find one. Here's one. My husband is in housing maintenance. He recently pulled up somebody's mattress to clean a massive water leak while she was standing there and accidentally discovered her hiding spot. He said he tried to play it off, but said she was very uncomfortable. Suddenly I can imagine. Okay, another one. I have a hilarious story about finding my mom's dildo when I was a high schooler. It goes on for a little while, but basically they were looking for the liquor cabinet key, and while looking for the key to unlock the storage for the liquor cabinet, I found my mom's massive purple and pink dildo, which was still vibrating. It's not turned off, ex actually vibrating to this point. They haven't been home since like yesterday, and I called my brother down. I hold it up and I showed it to him and we have about died. We were so beside ourselves. Here's one of my little up. I guess she picked it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I want to touch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you mean. Let's see another one, says. My little sister found my mom's once and asked her about it. My mom said, oh, that's a battery holder, which I thought was a really good answer. Battery holder in it. Oh, if you have any stories about that, then let me know. Send me an email to Ryan Show at katiebat dot com.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the time that I was on the show, but I was new to the show, and my dad was helping me move The one box that he dropped held my vibrator.
Speaker 1: And I knew there was a story about that one.
Speaker 2: Box, and so luckily it was still in its physical box that it was held.
Speaker 1: In, didn't come out floor, and it was like.
Speaker 2: A little a little girl like it was anthing wild. But I was like, oh my gosh, I watched it happen literally like a scene out of a movie in slow motion. As I turned around and I set a box on and I turn around, I see him drop that one and he quickly put the belongings back home and we completely ignored it the situation, but yeah, it was awkward.
Speaker 1: I just thought of a joke and I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there. And you tell me whether it's funny. What's more uncomfortable than finding your daughter's vibrator finding your son's vibrator. Oh, now, see, that's a joke. I just made it up off the top of my head. Now, of course you would say, well, maybe your son is gay, and then it wouldn't be that big of a surprise. I don't care either way. Finding your son's vibrator would be really embarrassing, really uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Maybe they are using it though for their partner. Oh maybe they have it because of the purpose of their partner.
Speaker 1: Nice. I used to go in Spencer's and I don't know if spencer sells vibrators anymore, but when I was a like, you know, junior high kid, Spencer's used to be the coolest store in the mall because it always smelled a little bit like incense. Way in the back were posters of girls in bikinis, and then like the optic fiber optic lamps and lava lamps, and it was just like that. Is it still like exactly like that?
Speaker 3: I went there like last month.
Speaker 1: Yep, okay, and I have been into Spenser's in a long time. But when you are, you know, like eleven or twelve years old. It is kind of like you feel like you shouldn't be in there, you know what I mean. And it was just really cool. And they sold vibrators and I remember there was a warning label because I'm old, I was old enough to know kind of what they're used for. But it said not to be used on unexplained calf pain. And I remember that label going, why can't you use it on unexplained calf pain? Blood slots? Oh, blood clots?
Speaker 3: Okay, that I mean, that does make sense, Yeah, because I don't want to release once on in my calf? And yeah it.
Speaker 1: Did you use a vibrator on the calf?
Speaker 3: I did not?
Speaker 1: You did not? Okay, gosh, you should not do that. I read that on the warning label and Spencers or right. If you got find the vibrator story, then send it to me Ryan Show at KTWB dot com. Here we go. Don't say my name, Hello, Crue. I've been a listener for years. I've always wondered about a few things regarding behind the scenes parts of the show. Number one, you guys have a way of communicating while on the air that we can't hear. Example, instant messaging on your computers, holding up a mini whiteboard, etc. All of the above. Will send us a text message and say, hey, there's a shout out, and he sent us one this morning and I forgot to do it. And then we used to I bought for Steve one time, a little it was kind of like an etch a sketch and you would take a little pen and you would write on it and then you could clear it with pushing a button. So it's like an led kind of a thing. And it used to be here, and then I think Steve lost it or something. Jenny and I will like, I'll write something on the piece of paper and hold it up, and that's Jenny and I communicate. Whenever I want to say, play a song, I will make a violin gesture. Yeah, okay, Jenny. And I'm not gonna make this up. But Jenny, when she used to sit in the other room, the sign for where's Jenny was to cup two giant boobs. You know this right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do. I'm aware.
Speaker 1: So it'd be like, where's Jenny, And because Jenny has giant boobs, it would be like cup giant, you know, make the cupping sign. Okay, And Steve Steve had really fucked up frizzy hair. So I would put my fingers above my head and wave my fingers, and that's a where Steve. That was where Steve. Yeah, I thought that.
Speaker 2: Stood for like a moose. For some reason, it stood for where Steve. But I was under the impression it was like a moose and the moose had something to do with it.
Speaker 1: No, because Steve used to have like, you know, he's bald now because he buzzed all his hair off, but when he was newer here he had really messed up frezzy and frizzy thinning hair. Are there any other signals? There are ways will be communicating.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll do like a tee to you sometimes if I know we need to give away tickets to something and you were, I can tell you're about to like go to a commercial break, and I'll hold that up. Gosh, I don't know. I used to use so many more gestures when I sat in the other studio, but I can't think of any of them anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, how do you guys go about potentially cutting each other off while talking or knowing when it's who's turn to talk? In my head, I imagine day, pointing to the person when it's their turn to talk. Aha, you know, you just kind of get a feel for it. And we still do it sometimes, but I think we're better than a lot of shows. I used to make fun of the view because the view all would talk. The women on the view would all talk over each other, and they would try to shout each other down, and I found that really annoying. Then we used to do a bit where we all talked at the same time, and then we would all stop and I would say something really appropriate, inappropriate, So let's try that. So we're all talking about something at the same time, we're each other, and then I would say, Grandma, I love to be fisted, so you know what I mean. So, and it was just kind of like, yeah, that was a bit bit.
Speaker 2: That was the best you could think of this time. Grandma loved to be fisted. Yeah, you are filthy.
Speaker 1: Well, let's try it again. Let's try it again. Okay, So walk around and then all of a sudden, I look and then Grandma's over there being fisted.
Speaker 3: Okay, the same one, Yeah, the one.
Speaker 1: But you get the idea. You say something shocking at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you let the person talking no to wrap it up? We actually do have like a wrap it up kind of a sign, and I try not to use it too much because Jenny uses it a lot when we recording we got to take a break or whatever, but Jenny will do put her finger in the air and spin it in circles like wrap it up, like yeah, kind of yeah. And then I'll also point out my watch sometimes, like the Daily Bailey's going too long or gets long winded, I'll point out my watch. I think the wrap it up sign is a little bit rude because I had somebody do that to me one time and it really annoyed me. They were a promotions director and we were doing a show live somewhere and he got bored with what we were talking about, so he gave us the wrap it up sign, and I'm like, who buck are you? I need to give us the wrap it up sign? Anyway? Dave, do you stand the entire show? Every live stream? I've seen your standing. Yes, I do. I'm standing up right now.
Speaker 3: Why do you have a reason Because I.
Speaker 1: Can reach things easier because that way I don't have to roll my chair back and forth.
Speaker 2: I feel like you also do it for energy purposes, like I dooking and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think that. Somebody once told me they said, stand up when you're on an important phone call, because you'll sound more energized and alert. And finally, how does Jenny know who is on the phone if vont answered the call, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, like the computer, I think, yeah a lot of times, No, a lot of times I'm the one who might have answered the call because Sponn's busy doing something else. So then Dave will be like, oh, who's on the phone, So I will tell him, or I set up all the callers, like when we have someone for group therapy, I'm the person who's emailing back and forth between me and that person to set them up to be on the phone. So Dave will be like, oh, who's the caller on for group therapy? And then I tell them the name. So that's probably what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Hey, really interesting questions. Thank you, And I won't say your name, but I will send you a staff writer sticker. Let's do another one. Morning Homies was listened to the pod the other day. Jenny was talking about van life and the shower situation. Not sure she knows this, but if you fuel at truck stops with their loyalty cards, Basically she goes on with some really good information about how to get a shower at a truck stop. And I'm not going to read the entire email because it really only appeals to Jenny, but I will forward that to you. And then on another note, I packed up my Minnesota roots and moved to the East Coast. And I'm so freaking happy that iHeart lets me still listen to you while I truck up and down the East Coast. I lived in my comfort zone for far too long, and it was time for me to take the leap and push myself to do the unknown. Also signed up to take flying lessons so I can hopefully one day buy my own plane and fly home to Minnesota for the holidays. That is from Christy. Christy, that is awesome. I love that you're taking flying lessons. Yes, it was this time of the year that I started taking flying lessons. I think late August, around maybe September, and I was soloing by like January, I'm sorry November fifth or so.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was fast.
Speaker 1: It was pretty quick. Yeah, And if you want to take flying lessons. I will recommend Thunderbird Aviation because I was just out there the other day. One thing that's on my weekend in five photos, you get a chance take a look. My friend nurse Wendy, who's on the show once in a while, lives with her boyfriend down by red Wing. And I said, send me a Google Maps view of your home and I will find it and fly over it if you're going to be home on Saturday. So she sent me a Google Band's view of her home farmhouse, middle of nowhere, red Wing and I found it and I flew over it, and she's like, and I was texting her and she was in the backyard waving a yellow hoodie. And if you go on my weekend in five photos, you can actually see a teeny teeny tiny little windy waving a yellow hoodie.
Speaker 3: Ah, so I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Look, I did it.
Speaker 3: I did message you, Eric, texted you and I said when can we go find and he never responded to me.
Speaker 1: I think it was one of those where I got it and then mental respond you want you would go, oh, absolutely, yeah, I love to take you up. Okay, all right, on of the emails, let's click the right tab. The best part of the Minnesota Goodbye is when Dave is trying to find the right tab.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite party.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're there, there, there, and let's try this one. I really like it, but I might save it for the radio. Why don't you go ahead and read it to you now too, Okay. Scary thing that happened to me this weekend driving through a neighborhood north of downtown Saint Paul to go to a birthday party. My friend was driving and said ninety four was closed, so we were diverted north of the downtown area. The neighborhood we drove through it was no means full of mansions, but it remind to me of like working class neighborhoods I lived in myself. And it's broad daylight. So we drive by a car on the side of the road, the driver standing outside of the vehicle waving us down with a gas can. My friend the driver rolled down the window and the driver said he ran out of gas and needed to ride to the gas station. He's very friendly and nice and looked like there was a kid in the sedan waiting. We'd only see the top of the head the mom and me wanted to help immediately, and my friend, a mail over six feet tall, offered cash. The man with a gas can said he just needed to ride to get to the gas station. We looked up the closest station on my phone and saw it was three minutes away. Now I am way more trusting than with my friend, way more trusting than my friend, I think, so I thought we should just give him and the kid a ride, but my friend was smart and said no. We decided to call an uber to pick him up. While we were waiting for the uber, my Spidey sense went up and I said we should roll up the windows and lock the door. Once we had the uber settled, we told them coming and we texted the uber driver to let him know the situation. The gas can guy was so gracious and thankful and made me feel silly for feeling unsafe. We wished him luck and finished our drive to the brewery. We ride to the brewery and as we're walking in, my friend's phone beep with a notification from the uber that the driver the rider the rider had refused the ride. So, in other words, the uber gets there, yeah, the passenger's like, no, I don't want it. My husband was waiting at the brewery and was like, yeah, you guys avoided being carjacked. WHOA. Thinking back, I think I just assumed the person in the car to be a child, but was likely someone waiting to help him out. More than anything, the situation made me sad. I am not a Karen. I lived much in my life in neighborhoods like this, when you minor ow business and people mind theirs. I never felt unsafe and didn't this day, except when my spidey sense went up. All this is to say, I wish we could be more trusted me want to make sure what the people are safe. I still believe the world is a good place and people are mostly doing their best. I hate that we live in a world while people do end up in desperate situations and take advantage of others. But this was a good reminder it's okay to keep yourself safe and be kind and help make the world a safe place for everyone. Just wanted to share this story in case it is something you want to share with your readers. That's funny, we're listeners, but I know what you mean. I always appreciate when you alert us to scams. And things. Thanks for making a daze. It is so fun to have a full house in the studio. Again, I would say, always there on the side of caution. Always never stop for people like that. Don't just always assume it's a scam. It's kind of like when you get a suspicious email that says click here, always assume it's a scam. If he's stuck by the side of the road and he doesn't have gas, tough shit. Ye, And I don't mean it sound he can walk to get gas, he can wait for somebody else, but it ain't going to be me. I don't want it to be my son, my daughter, Bailey, Jenny vond for Susan. Tough shit.
Speaker 3: I feel like two in that situation. Like I wouldn't have stopped anyway, But like if if I was in the same exact situation, instead of calling an uber, I would have taken the gas can, gone to fill it up with like, you know, three dollars worth of gas, and then come back and give him the gas versus ordering an uber, because then I feel like I would be putting the uber in a bad situation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I didn't really think about that either, because.
Speaker 3: Like it's a good thing. They refused the uber because they could have just carjacked the uber.
Speaker 1: Well, right, right, we're just subbing.
Speaker 3: One car for another car. So like I where I'm not saying that like this person was a carjacker, because then they could have just carjacked the uber. But they didn't carjack the Uber. Maybe they were just like, you know what, I don't need the Uber. I'll just walk or something, because I mean, you could still potentially give them the benefit of doubt either way. But I would have just taken the gas can, filled it up with gas, and then brought it back and be like, here you go by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I think you're nicer than I would have been. I would. It's kind of like with me. I don't give money to people begging at street corners. I don't give money to people holding the sign that says anything helps at the end of the exit ramp. I just don't because I figure, you know, somebody told me that there is somebody who does that. In chan Hassen, they make about one thousand dollars a day. Well, they stand at a street corner. They make a thousand dollars a day, and you can't stay in the same place, because if Helen comes by in her range rover, and Helen rolls down the window and gives you a five dollar bill and sees you there the next day, she's not going to give you five dollars every day.
Speaker 3: Run Their sign says something specific like I need seventeen dollars and fifty three cents for insulin, but it says that again the next day.
Speaker 1: Right. I never just never do. The last one I did was probably three years ago. I was getting off a highway fifty five up in Plymouth from four ninety four, and there was a woman who just looked disheveled. She reminded me and my sister Donna. She didn't look like, you know, somebody who put on a pair of old sweatpants and dirty shoes. She really looked disheveled and like not a lot going good for. So I gave her twenty bucks because I thought, you know what, even if she is a scammer, she really looks like she could use it. But I just don't.
Speaker 3: I give them food.
Speaker 1: Do you like, where do you have food in your car?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sometimes I go to like Costco and get like just a box of granola bars and I'm like, you guys want a granola bar? If they say no, then I'll be like okay, then bye, But I give them food.
Speaker 1: What do you do, Jenny, I don't do anything.
Speaker 2: I know that. Andrews tried to give people food before too, and they've been like, no, I want cash and then he's like, you know what, then screw you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then if you don't want the food, then you're really not anything helps. Or if it says hungry, anything helps and I offer you food and you say no, then clearly you're not hungry.
Speaker 1: And that is all the time we have for today's Minnesota Goodbye. I got to clean out the email box. The email boxes a jumble of shit. It is awful. So I got to clean that out. And so uh because I think I'm missing emails that people send because there's such a cacophony of emails in there. Send those to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.