Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteenth fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services Insure your most prized possessionets.
Speaker 2: Were good enough to do and everybody welcome to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, He's Dave Silver.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. Dave got to.
Speaker 2: Be back, and we have Henry running the board, so we should be okay if I don't screw it up. Welcome to Wednesday's show. Everybody, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Dave. Good to be here. Kind of getting a little roll coming in a couple of times. Day, Yeah, what else? Retirement? What else?
Speaker 4: This is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? See if I can still do this? Now we get Dave.
Speaker 2: Now you just need to have coach Lopez in here, and he's not doing anything.
Speaker 3: Yep. I'm set for the rest of my life.
Speaker 5: Have all these guys who've been in the business sort of and they can help you out right. You can talk poop about it a lot of different things.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: We're getting posted to the game on Saturday. I don't know how big it is. It would have been big head Arizona been playing well. I think it's just kind of like a play and survive for Arizona, I think.
Speaker 5: So, you know, there are still obviously six more games to go, so I think it's not exactly the end of the world. But we saw last year they were kind of in the same boat, but they really went in a different direction, right and you know then they're going right now.
Speaker 3: But Colorado comes in.
Speaker 5: You know, their top player is supposed to be back, Travis Hunter we talked about yesterday and Dion you know, bringing his whole show to town with his son at quarterback. It's it'll be interesting to see, it'll be it's sold out, it's on national TV, so there's a lot of a lot of coverage for that.
Speaker 2: It's it's not that I find this funny or anything. It's just kind of not even ironic. But people go back to last year. Well last year there were three and three and they went on this role YadA YadA. It runs reminds me of the times when I hear Arizona going to the n C Littleity Tournament. Well, they finished fifth in the tournament, the fifth fifth in their conference, and they won the title. Okay, how do you get a pretended or connected to this year or whatever? You know, you know, they always say, hey, you never know, Well you don't never know. You just kind of play you have to see. You have to see the same playout.
Speaker 5: And you know, I think just as fans, we've we've noticed that it's dropped off a little bit here to start the season, hasn't been as consistent, and I think everybody is hoping that, you know, we know, we've got this quarterback who was great last year and these receivers who were really good last year still here. So I mean there's still hope, I think, and like I said, there's still six more games to go.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about is everyone wants to know the why it's happened. I don't think there is a why, or if there is, there's a bunch of whys. You know, the quarterback's not playing that well, they can't get them to the right receivers. Defense has been okay but not great. Offensive line has its issues, running game, who knows, injuries in injuries. There's like five or six things that have happened and all have kind of combined times to get them at three and three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you said, that's kind of what's going to happen. I think, you know, if everything was perfect, the record would probably be a lot different, but those injuries that I think have snuck up on them, especially on the defensive side. I think the offensive line had some injuries early, but the defense has really been hit hard.
Speaker 3: So that's not good.
Speaker 5: And you've got a potent offense coming into town this weekend too, so hopefully things are short up and guys maybe play a little bit above their level.
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 2: How much do you think and I don't think I asked you this yesterday? Does one person make a difference? And I'm going to go to their guy? Who's Travis Hunter? Yeah, he's really good, He's really good. You know, there's I'm trying to remember back over the years, there's sometimes there's a deep a defensive back and maybe in this case it's him, other defensive backs who have just like even when Dion played, now that I really think about it, you know, he would just take over. They would never throw to his side of the field.
Speaker 5: So maybe you know, that could be something that he's in envisions with with Travis Hunter, or you know, a great defensive back like like Arizona's had over the years, there's just dB you just don't even go after him.
Speaker 3: Because there's there's so tough.
Speaker 2: And and I hope to see I don't know if it will happen, hope to see him going against Mac, just because you know, to two premier guys on each side of the ball going after one another or defending one another. And I guess last year that happened a time or two and t Mac did take advantage of a couple of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Arizona's had pretty good success against the Buffaloes in yeah decades, so big high scoring games, the Khalil Tate game, what was in twenty seventeen where he just went went crazy.
Speaker 3: That was like his coming out party.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm trying to try to get him on the show tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be able to just to see, you know.
Speaker 3: What he's up to. One he's an honorary captain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so he Yeah, he said he was coming. I'm trying to have some people fill out for me so I can kind of get him on the show, not kind of to get him on the show.
Speaker 3: But I haven't heard yet. And we'll see.
Speaker 2: You know what a what a potential guy and didn't live up to the potential.
Speaker 3: Whether his fault or.
Speaker 5: The it was range especially how you know, he had such a great couple of years going and then I guess, you know, coaching change here. They changed the philosophy of the offense and maybe asked him to do different things and he weren't his strengths and it just didn't right.
Speaker 3: Well, Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I understand what you're saying. I don't know if that's entirely true or not because you're saying it or wrong. But I can go back to the first game or second game of the year his senior year, that final year, right, he came out, was the quarterback through like thirty three times, And I was the guy that asked him. I said, are you okay throwing the ball thirty three times? And I asked it almost like that, almost like should you be doing this? He looked at me and he says, that's what quarterbacks do. Yeah, you know, I think he was.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: He wanted to get ready for the next level and they're not going to get a guy, although they did. They had a number of teams have the runner and then the passer right, and he would have been perfect for some team, but he tried to prove that he was a passer.
Speaker 3: He was not a passer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like in the NFL, I'm not sure the runner who runs most of the time like he was kind of doing here would work, you know, Lamar Jason to pass.
Speaker 2: And that's that's exactly where I was thinking. What I was who I was thinking about, because he's fantastic and it's hard to compare the two, but that would have been the guy, you know, the r PO, but he still lacked throwing.
Speaker 5: So important to keep the quarterback healthy. And if you're gonna get you know, go out on the run twenty times a game. The chances of you you're gonna get you're gonna get him.
Speaker 2: And remember remember what happened to him the year the year before uh Ashue game. You got crushed, he got he got hurt, and I think that that affected him too, because you know, he's been healthy kind of most of the year and then he got hurt. I think Dawkins was the guy right him and him and Brendan, so they both got hurt. And then he came in and he was a powerful quarterback, right. He got hit pretty hard in the Arizona State game and he suffered a big shoulder injury. I think something like that, and he was, what's the same player, right?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean even yesterday talking to Willie Tetama, who was not that type of a player, right, And he got he got crushed a few times and had some concussions like you.
Speaker 3: Said, three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't know which one. I couldn't remember which one was worse. But those are not not good signs for a quarterback. So you want to you want to keep them healthy. And it should be you know, it should be a high scoring game. I would think everyone's talking about Schaduur and Colorado putting up points.
Speaker 2: So you think that, right, didn't we think that last the last few games, that's room and it doesn't happen. Texas tack we thought, I think the sixty five ish something like that, nothing forty forty something, and last week it was relatively small. Yeah, and because everyone's not putting up his bar holding.
Speaker 3: Up the markets. True.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll see it's going to be sold out. Obviously, if you don't have a ticket, good luck. I'm sure there'll be some people on the sideline saying, hey, ticket ticket, Yeah, I'm not sure. If I'm going yet I was going to go as a fan. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: It should be great and it's a day game and it's gonna weather.
Speaker 3: Looks like a might cool down a bridge, bring bring a little overcoat or something.
Speaker 5: It might It might rain on Friday, but could mess up the big bonfire that they have outside Old Main on Friday.
Speaker 3: Are they going to have that? They still they should be, well, they should.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they do, because I know that I've had Kirby, one of the guys, one of the Wilbers, and the homecoming group that they canceled that stuff, all.
Speaker 3: The thing they canceled the parades, the braids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know if they have been doing a bunch of here a couple of years ago, they did because I worked in a building right next to it, basically right behind Old Maine.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was pretty cool the situation.
Speaker 5: The band comes down, fans are kind of walking over from you know, University area, gentle bends and those kinds of places, and they's just come right.
Speaker 3: Up, let's go watch a fire. Yeah, and it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: I mean they've got just tons of wood and you know it lasts an hour or so.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. Yeah, Okay, so we'll see. I've been checking to that. I guess that the golf golf teams are in Scotland or you know, in Scotland Andrews. I'm going to ask or they're playing in tournament there. I'm going to ask a question to Michael lev he's one of our guests. Uh here on the other side of four fifteen for seventeen, because I got a text from somebody who used to work at you base.
Speaker 3: How are they pulling this off, setting two teams to.
Speaker 2: Scotland and aren't they in trouble financially as that work out?
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said, they're kind of separate. What do you mean? What do you mean? Well, I'm kind of not, kind of pregnant.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, I don't know exactly the financial situation, but I think athletics kind of has their own budget going they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 3: Well, that's was part of the problem.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently they got enough money to get two teams Andrews and one of them, one of them won, you know, he won the match plays Zach Polo.
Speaker 3: Oh that's was that? That was? Are they still there?
Speaker 2: I thought they were there now because if yesterday yesterday, ye, I think they're still playing.
Speaker 3: They're playing now the team.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes because I did send a note back to him, so so I thought they were done and he said, no, they're playing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So that was my question.
Speaker 2: How can they afford to send two teams out there and you know, claim that there's no money and they could use that money for other things.
Speaker 3: It was probably scheduled years ago. It's not my money. It's not my money, So I don't know.
Speaker 5: They probably budgeted it a long time ago. And you know they built they just built this incredible golf facility out there too.
Speaker 3: You were with me when we were talking about that yesterday. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, we destroyed BIS Tucson about it. Pretty impressive And uh what were they before? Tuson National?
Speaker 5: They were all over the place, but yeah, at one point National, they were at Arizona Arizona, they were at Solo.
Speaker 3: Yeah for a while. Yeah, Arizona National.
Speaker 5: There was a big a logo right there on the eighteenth, the eighteenth green.
Speaker 2: So and you speak of Selo golf course, that's a single Dell soul. We're gonna have Jeff Wheels. I think that's how you spell his names. W E A L E S. He's the GM at so Well Golf Course. He'll be on to have a big tournament next week helping out Ronald McDonald house at Interfaith the Church. So we'll talk about that and just all the things going on down there, one of our big sponsors, and we'll talk about that, and then Michael Levitt the four fifteen hour for seventeen hour talking about u A basketball, UA football and all things in Arizona.
Speaker 3: That'll be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been asking some good questions. Yeah, he does about the team. I want to ask him if there's a temptation, you know, he's he's following, and I don't know if I'll ask him this.
Speaker 3: I will. I'm close enough to asking him.
Speaker 2: So he's following in the footstep of Greg Right and everyone who knows Greg either he's there for him or against if he's a polarizing the character and a friend of mine. It's like when I when I write snarky. Let me when I write snarky every once in a while, and I do, I'll admit it.
Speaker 3: People are saying, what happened to you?
Speaker 2: Because I don't I usually a positive when I write, you know, I faid, well, when you're covering looton those guys, how many times are going to be snarky because they're pretty good, but when things turn bad you could get starky. How it is for him to follow Greg because he's nicer than Greg. I mean in his writings right, it's more straightforward there than polarizing. So if there's any pressure to do to do some of that.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interesting. I mean, I don't really know him.
Speaker 5: I was gone by the time he got here, so I know he's from southern California, so he's got to be influenced by a lot of the great writers in the you know, the history of the La Times, especially that you know I grew up reading and write.
Speaker 2: That's another paper that's the show of itself. Really well, most of the guys are. He's still there, but I mean he's the centerpiece and he won't have much more time. I would think, no, no, And there's everybody else kind of young. They I think they were going to do something with athletic or they let a lot of people go, A lot of people go with when the last year one of my buddies.
Speaker 3: Ben Bulch kept his job.
Speaker 2: He covers your cla but it's it's a show of itself, just like every place else.
Speaker 3: I mean the New York Times. I mean that's.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, right because now they're using the Athletic. In the Athletic, there's really no local coverage.
Speaker 3: This is the New York Times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is not some small paper. No, but that's a that's a big adjustment. And like you know, like you said, we kind of grew up looking at these guys and admiring him. If you got to that level, you pretty much got to the top of the business.
Speaker 3: Right right now, there's not even that level anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not. I mean, you get a job. So Henry, cover your ears. It's tough. And Henry knows this right comes from New York. Who is your Did you have a childhood guy you read in New York?
Speaker 3: Not really, No, It's funny.
Speaker 5: We have friends here who are from New York and they either grew up or they knew. Mike Vaccaro who still writes for the New York Post, and he's been covering the Mets, and so we've been texting back and for like, I don't think my friends here even knew that he was doing it, but I would find the article and send it off. So, I mean the New York's Post guys, and like the Daily News, I mean they're kind of they stuck around.
Speaker 2: Sure, those are those are the ones where the older people kind of have stuck around. Although if you're older now you're you're dead meat because you're make too much money in their eyes, not in your eyes.
Speaker 3: So you know, no one special, not really.
Speaker 6: I would read the New York Times because like my family got yeah, and that's specific.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like the Post of the of the day.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It's totally different totally and how they cover things.
Speaker 5: Yeah exact, and yeah, Phil Mushnik, he's gonna check him out. He's in the New York Post. He's their media guy. So you talk about snarky. He so he would rip and kill different either local or Nashal and how they did like when you know, when I was in the business, it was kind of like, oh my gosh, the stuff he's saying about on air.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you pick on some you know CBS guy or you know somebody big.
Speaker 3: Time, but he's still around.
Speaker 2: Okay, we gotta go we gotta go get back with mister Jeff.
Speaker 1: Are your chance to win one thousand dollars? Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website dollar that's dollar enter in right now Foxsports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 7: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wildside, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort. Discover all this and more. Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the Soul of Tucson. Are you ready enterprise so fasco YUCKI trye.
Speaker 8: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space Today. Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can to help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your love. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Doratle Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Houn the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 11: School and the fall sports season are in full stride. Time to give that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a Chris looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follows. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 3: For over one thousand fun items to.
Speaker 11: Choose froom dome, visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight Westtrackman Street.
Speaker 6: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpei is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six five six two six today in MLS three H eight seven Arizona BK nine two nine too two Equal housing opportunity, got to commitment to lyndricsy and credit rates and available loan programs of subject to change the don't notice?
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 11: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at start or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in.
Speaker 3: Sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 11: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on EA Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 12: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score. You can borrow better with pream. For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid.
Speaker 9: FCU dot com.
Speaker 12: Slash one Rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally ensured by NCUA.
Speaker 9: Got bugs, termites, mees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Selling your home want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Homes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes for more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, breaking.
Speaker 1: Down all they says at OHS. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Blox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I in the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 3: I'm Steve Rivera.
Speaker 2: Then with me today is Dave Silver And now on the phone we have Jeff Wheels, the GM at Sewil Golf Course at the Casino Dell.
Speaker 3: So, Jeff, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm very good. Thank you for having me Steve.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's Jeff. I would assume as the temperatures kind of simmered down here, you're a pretty popular guy down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: As the temperaures drop, we definitely see more action on the golf course. And we've just come out of overseating changing our grass, so we're an outstanding condition.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm sure that even before the CD and all that stuff, I know of no one and I'm gonna go down to the casino and I know the guys who golf on there love the place. I have never heard a bad word about that place.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, Steve, I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys have had a pretty good history there with you of A as a home course. I know there's been I believe was there a PAC ten or Pac twelve championship was played there. So it's been a kind of a good little destination for a lot of different types of events.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely. We have a very good relationship with the u of A. They still frequent our facility quite a bit, and we're actually looking to host additional additional events with them in the NCAA in the near future.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Nice. Nice.
Speaker 2: In fact, you have a big event coming up in a week from today again tomorrow, can you talk about that, I guess in conjunction with the Ronald McDonald House.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can, Steve. This is our ninth year for our Casino Del Soul Charity Classic. The tournament is, you know, we have to partner with all the businesses and vendors here locally as well as some that we use in other areas, and they come in and help us to raise money for a couple of charities every year. This year our charities will be the i'll McDonald House and then we also have interfaith community services here locally. We will kick this off on October the twenty third. On October the twenty third, we are having basically a preregistration meet and greet cocktail hour at the Prima here in our hotel, the bar area, and we will obviously walk outside in the pool area as well, and then on the twenty fourth we'll have the golf tournament. It is a ten am shotgun seven to ten. We have breakfast in networking here, registration and then kick it off with a golf course, a lot of fun out on the course, a lot of tents, a lot of local vendors will be here, you know, allowing their goods to be sampled as well. So we really look forward to it and it seems to just get a little bit better every year, Steve.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no no question. Let me ask you, so, do you still have spots open or is it full?
Speaker 4: We are sold out. We actually have a waiting list, Steve.
Speaker 3: How many foursomes?
Speaker 4: We have thirty six fours wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So not about gig you got there a lot of people believing and helping out with the nonprofit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely. And Ronald McDonald house and Interfaith are are very deserving of support, both great organizations.
Speaker 2: I know, and having dealt with or dealing with Jacklin and the group down there in the marketing department, as you know, we do a show down there now, you guys do a lot of things. I'm talking to Del Sola to help the local nonprofits.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we actually are lucky enough and fortunate enough to have a lot of nonprofits that not only we help, but then also utilize us for some of their own fundraising, whether it be golf tournaments or you know, different types of events. But yes, we do get an opportunity to partner with many here locally.
Speaker 5: I've had a chance to work with Courtney's courage. They've been there a number of years. In fact, I was just there in August. So that's been a great summertime event sure for the course and for the casino. I know a lot of people stay there because it's it's an early start, like a seven am shotgun, so people like to spend the night and get up early and go out and play.
Speaker 4: Absolutely a lot to do here at the facility, you know, different from some other facilities. You know, you have more than just golf here. For entertainment as we have the you know, the casino and of course the ava Amphitheater with live shows there. So yeah, a lot to do and a lot of events come in and utilize everything to be able to maximize what they can get out of their event.
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming that you're you're a big golfer or at least was in the past, and what do you what's your background?
Speaker 4: So, Steve, I actually am a transplant to Tucson, originally from Indiana. I did play college golf. I've been in the golf business in one way or another for twenty eight years. Actually owned a golf course at one point and am looking was looking for warm other ended up in Tucson and I hope to be able to retire here. We really love the Tucson area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the older stuff is one thing, and hey, let somebody else deal with that.
Speaker 3: Let me just run the thing.
Speaker 5: That is for sure, there is not are you are you thin the youngest golf course in Tucson. There has not been a new one, I don't think in a while.
Speaker 4: We Yeah, we are the youngest golf course in Tucson.
Speaker 5: Why would that be specially you think, why would it be different than say going out and play you know a Randolph or a Tucson National, places that have been around for you know, forever.
Speaker 4: Sure, and if you you know, if you're in the the golf industry, and this is actually the second young course that I've been at. You know, as a golf course matures, you know, things begin to change a little bit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: The nice thing for us is when when Notova Gay designed this course, he opted to put in bent grass greens as opposed to bermuda greens. Bent grass greens do not have to be overseated, so you don't go through the change of grass from season to season because bent grass will stay green year round. And I think that is a competitive advantage for us here in the Tucson area. And also, you know, our facility being newer and the grass and everything is still very fresh. We're not looking to have to do any kind of major renovation, and the golf course is always an outstanding position or condition. Are superintendent is a Southwest guy. He's been in the business for about thirty years, and I don't know that I've worked with a finer individual than Jason Rogers.
Speaker 2: So just let me get you, let me get you some background on things. As we all mature, we all change. I didn't have a gut, I didn't have gray hair, and now I'm just a cranky old net So a lot of things changed when you're not matured.
Speaker 4: If that's happened, Yeah, absolutely, I resemble that comment.
Speaker 3: We all do, but I embrace it. By embrace it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk real quick more about about the golf tournament. So you're loaded down there. How many of these things do you do in a.
Speaker 4: Year of the Casino del Sol Charity Classic. We just do this one once a year. Now, we do partner you mentioned Courtney's Courage, you know, we we've partnered with more than a bed. We partner with local firefighters. We do a lot actually with the base and the U of l u of A as well. So we get a lot of charitable whether it be you know, raising money for cancer or raising money for local families. We get to do a lot of that, and we actually do in excess of probably thirty to thirty five of those a year partnering with other organizations.
Speaker 5: Review of the Week, What type of international type visitors do you get? I know a lot of people come from all over the place to Tucson. Do you get that type of clientele as well, especially maybe in the winter.
Speaker 4: We do, uh, you know, the Canadians really frequent two son a lot we get. We partner with a Canadian travel company and they send us a good amount of business. And then we also get a lot of Canadians that they come here. They're just snowbirds, you know this. They they have secondary homes here. We get some from Europe as well. We do see some of that travel and something that's kind of unique. You know, I wouldn't call call these as far, but we've had the last couple of years a group that has come from Juno, Alaska and kind of overtaken our facility for a week, and they're always they're always fun to have around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tucson's lucky.
Speaker 5: We have a number of those kinds of places, you know, the canyon ranches of the world, places where people will come as a destination, spend a week, maybe work in some golf someplace if they can.
Speaker 3: So that's got to be kind of cool to have that.
Speaker 5: You know, Hey, why don't we partner with X resort and see if we can get some of those people to come over to the casino and to that part of town.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And I really feel like Tucson is kind of a hitting gym. When you're talking golf. There are so many great tracks around Tucson. You know, Ooral Valley. Whether you go east west, it doesn't matter which direction you go, You're going to find a golf course out there that is not only enjoyable to play, but it's going to be in great condition. And many of them have really nice resources to stay out as well. Although I'm kind of partial to Casino del Sol.
Speaker 3: As you should be.
Speaker 2: So how long has this transfert been in Tucson from Indiana?
Speaker 4: Myself, I've been here since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you're kind of a rookie.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of new. Yeah, I'm kind of new out here in Tucson. It was actually i'd never been to Arizona prior to coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what has struck you the most You're only two years in. I'm sure don't say any heat because everyone self for seat and then they start loving it. So what's the thing that struck you the most about this town?
Speaker 4: I think what struck me the most about Tucson for our family I have even though I'm a little bit older and gray with the pot belly. Like you said, I do have young I do have a couple of young kids, eight and thirteen. And just the multitude of things to do here, especially for kids, you know, whether whether it's going to Tombstone or hanging out at Tubac or you know, just seeing some of the sites, maybe going to the Botanical Garden. You know, main event is just a blast. There's so many things to do. And and Steve, I really think when you when you talk about being a foodie or something like that, and there's some great restaurants around Tucson, right, you have.
Speaker 2: A couple down there in fact, that are fantastic. Let me ask you are you Are you a Hoosier or what where'd you graduate from?
Speaker 4: I actually went to University of Evansville.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, back in the day too. I don't know how old you are, but they had a pretty good basketball program. Was there as well.
Speaker 4: At the University of Evansville? Yeah, they had. And then they had the plane crash and had to completely rebuild the rebuild the program. And then of course I lived fairly close to Bloomington, so I am a Hoosier fan. Uh, actually got to know coach and when he was there, and so uh uh you know a lot of good basketball in Indiana Adas. Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, now you've only had two years of arias little basketball one kind of maybe two years. Uh I guess you learned that basketball fans are basketball fans, and they're kind of crazy and kooky and their team is the best. But uh, I was going to ask you to compare the two, but it's probably hard to do that because I know who's your fans are kind of bonkers too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're a little bit bonkers. If you've if you've ever been to Bloomington for a game, it gets pretty loud and crazy in there. But we've been to a few games here at the u of A. It's loud and crazy too, right, everybody loves loves U of A basketball here, and of course we've been lucky enough the last few years to have some very talented team. I think I look forward to where that program is going to go, and I look forward to being able to continue to take my kids and my wife and and and see games at the u of A. It's it's a lot of fun to go down there. And the football program, Hey, let's let's talk about that as well. They seem to be kind of getting on the right track. And been to a game so far and it was a blast. And I'm hoping to get to go this Saturday as well to see Colorado and Dion come in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Indiana's had a nice little football season so far too.
Speaker 3: It's kind of kind of a surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that before this year, you know, I didn't really follow Indiana football because it wasn't much to follow. But yeah, this year, they've gotten off to a good start, kind of changed some coaching staff, got some recruits in and it looks like they're kind of hited in the right direction as well.
Speaker 2: So did you follow mister bollow Umar now he's with the Hoosiers? Did you follow him here?
Speaker 4: I did not follow him?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, so I guess now he's working, well, working is the right word. Apparently he's making more than a million dollars over there as a student athlete.
Speaker 3: Good for him. But you know, now, yeah, is it the coach woods? Wo's it? Mike Woodson.
Speaker 2: Mike Woodson, Mike Woodson. Yeah, So let me tell you, I'm not too sure I was wont to played them. I guess two years ago in Vegas, I was at the game and those Hoosiers took about seventy five percent of the stadium or the arena it was when I had like twenty five percent. So I know that they travel well and they're pretty rabid. So we'll see what happens with that program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, it'll be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, anything else with that with that big tournament next week? Yeah, yeah, next week. A week from tomorrow, one hundred and forty four people I think are going to be out there. Can people just go watch or how's that?
Speaker 4: It is actually primarily a closed off event just due to the amount of activity that we have going on on the course with the vendors, and then you know afterwards, it's gonna wrap up pretty quick on the twenty fourth, But it'll be a blast. Everybody has a good time, and it's really fun to get to work with the charities. I've been fortunate enough at other facilities that I've worked at to be able to work with Ronald McDonald House, and it's a class organization. And coming from somebody that has a son that has special needs and has been down that road, it's it's very near and dear to my heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, good, good for you. That's very nice, Jeff. Well, appreciate your time. He's the GM at Swallow Golf Course at Casino del So go go see him, go play the course. I mean, how can people just general public go see you and get on the course.
Speaker 4: Just call yeah, very easy. You can call us at five two oh eight three eight six six four five or our website at Casinodelsol dot com. So Wilo also has its very own app, So if you go on the app store you can download the Sowilo app. You can book t times live through there and it also has GPS as well as as a range GPS on it. So it's a really nice app to have if you're coming out.
Speaker 3: Great, great, thank you, Jeff, appreciate your time.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, Steve. I appreciate it, Jeff.
Speaker 3: You will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's last one. Okay, let's take a break. We're a little like a little over, but we're cokay.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Henry Brett Airson, a men's basketball fan. You know it's been successful for nearly forty years now. Take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach. Lessons from net is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 13: Hi, this is formal Wildcat Leman Huntly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal.
Speaker 3: Space in your life.
Speaker 13: We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started and keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 14: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial lad available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PIMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at pima dot edu. Slash someday, Hey tuson.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance.
Speaker 3: With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands.
Speaker 2: Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the Ihearts Radio AAP. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I in the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. He's Dave Silver. We have Henry running the boards today.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 2: If you want to call it now, is the time five two zero four one six seven forty.
Speaker 3: Were we'd be glad to hear from you. We're ready for it.
Speaker 2: Henry's got it under control over there, you know, by the way, Henry your guy Matt.
Speaker 3: He did a pretty good job. He lost a couple of callers, but you know he was little. He was all right, he's got it. Yeah, Yeah, he's fine. Got to get those calls coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the number again, five to two oh four one six seventy four forty Do you want to call give us some grief or whatever. I think the podcast is up. It hadn't been up up to about two hours ago, so uh, well, we look out for it if you missed yesterday's show. A lot of people, Dave, I don't know, feel like we get about a few a few thousand, you know, give or take a lot of thousands. They listened to us. Half of those listened to us on podcasts and half live. Because you know, it's that drive time, but it's near drive time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's kind of my life, well used to be. But I'm a big podcast listener these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, lots of good ones, right, you know.
Speaker 2: The one thing that's one of the guys said to me, I was at tour today in one of the guys we're connected to, so you know, I don't I don't buy the paper anymore.
Speaker 3: They don't buy the paper. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you buy the paper, you can subscribe. And he says, it's like fifteen hundred dollars. And this is no criticism, but I worked at the paper and it was fifty to get the subscribe to the paper. I'm taking. What in the world does the world come to? And he says, yeah, I don't, you know, get everything on line now. I don't really need anything. But I listened to you guys because you guys are kind of Newsy. You're a lot of fun. But you guys kind of have the same stuff in there anyway, and you guys are free.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 5: I subscribe online electronically, and that's not stopped. I stopped, you know, getting the actual physical paper. Every once in a while, I'll go out. You know and walk in the morning in the neighborhood and you see a few papers, but not many.
Speaker 3: Not that it was ten years ago, No, ten years ago, twenty years ago, and thirty years ago.
Speaker 5: Remember we used to get two papers when I was a kid. Yeah, we would get the morning and afternoon where San Jose.
Speaker 3: San Jose, the San Francisco.
Speaker 5: We'd get either the Chronicle of the morning or we get the San Jose Mercury. And then then they had the San Jose News in the after afternoon, right, and then they combined, yeah, eventually. But yeah, as a kid, you know, I would my parents would probably read the morning paper and then I'd check.
Speaker 3: Out the afternoon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how people recognize me. And I'll say this about Greg again in the polarizing Tampa thing. We'd go to one dude at a boxing match, pulled me aside one day and he says, you know, see, I read you growing up, and I'm thinking, oh, thanks, so I'm really old, and he was like thirty something. Well thanks for he says, but I read read you and Greg and you guys would be at the same event and come up with two different angles, two different thoughts that were you know, Dole opposite.
Speaker 5: That's just the way it is. You know, well, I mean, you guys were we were all kind of there. I mean, the way we approached the story was different how you guys did because we just.
Speaker 3: Didn't need, yeah, all that space, the description stuff.
Speaker 5: We could show it and not have to write and describe, you know, a certain play.
Speaker 3: We could just show it.
Speaker 5: And plus, you know, Greg's basically what was doing commentary, so he's doing his opinion and you were pretty.
Speaker 3: Much straight reporter straight.
Speaker 5: A lot of people still to this day don't understand the difference in that right in news, especially.
Speaker 2: Right well even today look at today's world, because it's not it's not straight news.
Speaker 3: It's well, they're one side of this. What I'm saying that yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But so yeah, and that's I mean, that was one of the great things about what we got to cover. We had a lot of people kind of at the same game, and you know, you look for Quirky or looked for you, you look for you know, Greg or you know, Bruce or whoever the beat writers were. You're going to get that basic story and then you're going to get the thoughts on the thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right right. I enjoyed that even more myself. I still do go to that first usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you had you know, CBS, you had you with ABC and and NBC of course. Uh. And I'm sure when you were doing your your gig there, Dan Ryan made you better. You made Dan Ryan better. And at thirty, at thirteen you probably had who Who's Cooney?
Speaker 3: Who's Who's thirteen? You had so many there a lot of people there through the years. Kevin McCabe was there, Kevin mckab of course. Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, But my attitude when I was working was I tried not to worry too much about the competition and worry about our team, what we were doing, and if I could go home each night and say, you know, that was a pretty good show.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 5: We worked hard today and we got good stuff. And then you know, usually especially there wasn't that much competition. It was kind of the same. Sure, how was it going to be packaged? How are you going to cover pretty much the same story?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I firmly believe in Jay was on the other side with the Star early in my career. You know, we made them better, They made us better because we always kind of wondered what the heck they were up to, and same for them for us with us so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's only so much news that goes around in this town.
Speaker 2: Well that's too and then you know how they cover it now and everybody gets the same stop and under the thread of you better not screw up and break the story that you're not allowed. You know what I'm saying. There's always that they're going to take your and it's not true. You do your job and it would look bad in the school in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they tried to remove credit or threaten you. I don't think that happened.
Speaker 2: Well you saw what happened you see a year or two last year. I think it was when the kid who had him on the show. Yeah no, he was a young kid who worked for the Orange Kenny Register quoted somebody that wasn't on the podium. They were getting ready to go on the podium and they quoted him saying what should I talk about?
Speaker 3: What should I say?
Speaker 2: And he wrote about and it was just a passing. They didn't know what they were going to say before. It was just a scene set of really and Riley took his credential. Way, you're not gonna cover my team. You're gonna be suspended. That took a national tone and says you.
Speaker 3: Can't do that. You can't do that, no matter who you think you are. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, we saw the thing this week with Jerry Jones right in Dallas, right kind of going after these talk show guys. We need to be careful when we call some of these folks and don't don't get am angry at you.
Speaker 2: But the hell they're not paying my salary? Well, I don't think he was paying their salary. He said that, He said that, but the guy said he's paying my salary.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, no, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I may have pissed somebody off by Jay's mostly the one that does it or did it.
Speaker 3: But hey, they're here to talk. Let's talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not this is not brain surgery. Now, that's why you get to do it. I would have failed at a few things already.
Speaker 5: Speaking of fail I was checking some of the stories today and the Chicago White Sox the king of failures in his baseball so oh yeah yeah yeah, and Rhyin's door if Jerry Hinsdorf, who has Tucson ties. Excuse me, his son went to the u of A. And then of course he had the White Sox train here in Tucson. He's talking about selling the team. Of course he owns the bull does he still owns the Bulls, right, all those championships so yeah, yeah, and nothing with the White So maybe he did have one World Series time.
Speaker 2: And what a great what at the time, what a great owner, right because they were so good with Michael Jordan and all that, and then you had his Crouse I think he was. He was the bad dude, and then it all came out for the the the Jordan's big thing was it?
Speaker 3: Tell me what was God? That's it thing? Did you see that as a kid? You didn't see that? I didn't watch. Oh you got to watch it. Watch. It's really good.
Speaker 5: Very sad for Jerry Cross, I guess. I mean, yeah, it was weird. Why in the world did they break up that team? Who knows? Right there was you know, their financial reasons or whatever the whole situation was. But you know, why would you do that? I have six championships in nine years. But yeah, Rhine's door thinking about selling. He bought him by Bottom for what was it twenty million? And they're worth over two billion? Now, so what did you buy a good deal? It's like ninety oh wow, so in thirty years they wow. Well they had the remarkable record of forty one and one hundred and twenty one this year.
Speaker 2: So so well, you know, you know what, what's the Kenny Rogers?
Speaker 3: No one to fold them?
Speaker 5: No one actually bought him in nineteen eighty one. So it's been forty forty years.
Speaker 3: No, I remember. Yeah, he had a family.
Speaker 5: That came and he had like a son who's an alum of the U event. Yeah, so he was here and he would come into games and you'd see him at you know, maybe some basketball games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, busy his son, and then the White Sox trained here.
Speaker 5: In fact, the year that they won the World Series was part of the time that they were here.
Speaker 2: Right, that was in the nineties, right, I was like two, like five, really, yeah, I'm getting older and you know two thousand and five?
Speaker 3: Yeah pretty sure? Yeah, Well how would you know that you were like two?
Speaker 2: Good memory? Yeah, he's like two. That's why we have you, Henry. Well, it's like me chasing down with you to a Tommy yesterday. I couldn't remember his name after talking to some people about him one and then I he was a while back. And then then he tells us, I'm thirty seven years old. I thought he was quarterback ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, it's just how quickly things got done, because you know we I think one of the good things about what we have done. We have good memories. You know. I can remember, oh yeah, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: And then you start looking at the date and you go, my gosh, it was seventeen years ago.
Speaker 2: And most of my dates are basketball related, not like you get football.
Speaker 3: You give some football. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I play games in my head sometimes, just trying to remember, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, give me a game. Now, we're kind of just reminiscing. If we get any calls. We have about five minutes. Give us a call. What was your most incredible game you watched that did not because you were in Indianapolis. I think, yeah, yeah, that wasn't a championship game like that. Have I asked you this before?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe my memory is going already a lot of the games that got them to the final four. I mean I was there in Seattle when they made it the first time. Yeah, I was there in Los Angeles when I was needed. Yeah, I was a sports arena.
Speaker 2: That was the weekend I was in Seattle, which was a great one because Bobby was right by the side. Uh. I don't know if you remember that, because it was Jim was his first year a d and Luke got to the final four again, right. He had been taking a lot of heat from Greg and some other writers about he hasn't gotten back, blah blah blah, and he had a press conference and got all over the locals. I know more about basketball and my little pinky than you guys will ever know. You remember that.
Speaker 3: You were probably there. I think I was there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then then not too long after that, Jim had to sit down with US sports reporters. I don't know if you were there too, saying what's the animosity between everybody here?
Speaker 3: Because he didn't know he had just gotten here, What's why is it like this? And he told him it's just the way it is. There was there was a lot of non game.
Speaker 5: Related stories that were really interesting something like that, and I mean most of them were good memories for me, just you know, meeting everybody and you know, just learning the business.
Speaker 3: And what's it like to come. I mean, I remember I do.
Speaker 5: This is one kind of fun one is I remember kind of a Arizona got to the number one position in the polls and that, you know, in that one year going back to Ona on four, all of a sudden, like there's the New York Times coming to our little Tuesday gathering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like why are they?
Speaker 5: You know, all of a sudden, Arizona became a national product and that just like that, like a snap of the finger, you know, one week there they go into the top ranking in the country.
Speaker 3: Sure, people started carrying and it's never really stopped.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say that you're you're exactly right New York Times Washington Post because at the Post it's who's the PTI Tony Cornheiser, wil Wilbon would come in. He would be the college guy back in nineteen eighty nine, Really was he came here?
Speaker 3: Pretty sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of those guys can USA today was still young at the time in eighty eight, eighty nine, eighty seven.
Speaker 5: That was a good memory and really kind of like put things into perspective for us doing Oh we're doing local news, we're doing local TV. And it's all of a sudden, it's like rubbing elbows with Michael Wilbon and you're rubbing elbows with the New York Times guys coming and just to do a whole feature.
Speaker 2: Were you there at all any of the n cub A tournament games too that Arizona was not involved here in Michale, Oh those blast those were those are big time games. Michigan is here. I think at the time, Indiana was here. Yes, with well, I mean Jeff who we were just talking to. It wasn't when it was when Knight was at Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: Texas Tech. He came in with that team right and and he didn't he get into some squabble.
Speaker 2: It was Jay was he was Jay and Bob Bob we talked about. Was the no, No, he was sitting in the stands, but he was had been the moderated But no, Jay was sitting in the stands at the time. I think it was maybe a different time. Dave Bob asked me a question. He did a story on Bob Bob Knight. Bob didn't because he pointed out Bob who did Who's Bob Knight? And blah blah didn't have the story blub Bla and Jay after the after he went on his ratu, Jay and J would tell us better than I would. Uh, your question, but why do you care about stuff like this? You aren't even worry about with people, right, And that's what kind of ended the press Covermence.
Speaker 3: It's funny because just yesterday I was talking to somebody who has asked me why doesn't Arizona get the tournament anymore? Is it? Basically McHale? You would probably know Michael.
Speaker 1: Enough.
Speaker 3: The luxury boxes and stuff and every other new I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: And it'll put a bit for they did the women's obviously, right. Yeah, I don't think it's big enough. I don't think it's big enough. Yeah, that's what even because they go to Boise, they go to bigger arenas.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But it was nice. I remember Michigan coming here, some other great games. But I was always on the road with the team, So yeah, I was missed.
Speaker 3: So it depends on what my duties.
Speaker 5: Usually I usually would stay here for the first and those years I would if there was going to be a regional here, I would stay and the other person go and then I'd go to Sweet sixteen. So I did get to see like I think Tim Duncan was here with Forrest and definitely you said Michigan the fab five years. I mean we were pretty lucky. U c l A was I'm sure came came through once or twice.
Speaker 3: Could have been ninety five or something like that.
Speaker 5: Might have been like an obandon years. Yeah, were awesome, and you know, we being in the media, were like right there. Although I remember the game that night where I was sitting I couldn't see him as well. It's kind of down the other on the other end, but just to watch him.
Speaker 2: Coaches, just ya, do you remember much when Kansas State came here and Frank Frank tell me his.
Speaker 3: Name, he's at South Carol.
Speaker 2: He was at South Carolina, got fired there, Martin, Frank Martin, very big dude, very authority.
Speaker 3: I thought that.
Speaker 2: I thought he was fantastic. He spoke well, he was fantastic with you know. I said, if I had a son, I don't want him to play there. But he was kind of like a military dude, like very yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I think it was the same events. I think when Knight was here that same year and I was sitting behind the Kansas State bench I was almost embarrassed because what he was so out and mean to the.
Speaker 3: Very I mean like in there face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was and I'm like literally like three feet behind them so I could hear everything.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit strange, right I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't, And parents were like right behind me, like that was my kid, and he was just chewing him out in front of.
Speaker 3: Everybody with language. It was a little rough. Yeah, it was rough.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 2: He was known for that, right, No, and he got to the final four in twenty seventeen eighteen when Arizona could have gotten there, when Oregon was there, but no, I remember him.
Speaker 3: There's some great memories. I think Adam Morrison was here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Matza Gonzaga and you know getting as he was diabetic and he was drinking orange juice onthing.
Speaker 3: Oh really real?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, he like every time out he would have to almost get his blood tested. Oh he's pretty interesting. And again as worse like sitting a going why is he going over there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was.
Speaker 2: It was okay, we're ready to go, right, yeah, Okay, we're gonna come back. Henry will have some breaking news and they're gonna have Michael liv on the other side,