Speaker 1: What up though, and welcome to whatever it's live, which he don't buy. Spin more racks. Young Chris Sky to my face, coming on.
Speaker 2: Kid smashed like button, be a friend to the friends, share the stream. Yeah, we'll be talking about at some point. I don't know if you guys want to now we get into it now, you know it's.
Speaker 3: I think we gotta make a rale Fritz. Okay, throw a pole in there. Pause, all right, throw a pole not much take care of that.
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 2: About to get to it. But before we get to anything. Actually, shout out to uh, shout out to Chris. Another Chris. I watched the show every day. He's an HVAC worker. He worked with my boyfriends today and the Dave Montgomery stuff came up. My boys, that's my boy. Do you that your fucking boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you watch every day. Shout the Chris put it against some bullshit. There's some Louetoe hit that start the way the show. Be honest, you guys. We gotta get to like. So we say hundred hundred likes likes, We get a hund of likes in here right, hard likes. We're talking about the Monzi stuff. We'll get to it. Waituntil then we have are an electric pool. Actually buzz beat this video because I think there's a song playing in it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so turn the volume all the way down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got you, all right, So here we go.
Speaker 3: There's a bear on an electric pole? Where's a bear? Oh no, is this AI? Or is this really?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: This is real? So if if the sound was on, this is a nine one one call?
Speaker 3: Oh no, the.
Speaker 6: You can't park there?
Speaker 3: As Caleb Williams trying to work extra on the weekends, make some money at the club. That's a bear on a poll.
Speaker 2: Let me actually check. I'm pretty good at detecting the AI. But who knows that it's getting crazy and crazy about the day. Yeah, but appreciate it was legit because they called the nine one one and that the video if there was a sound.
Speaker 3: Cabo said, it's dead now okay, all right, yeah, how the fun?
Speaker 2: So that's what I was about to say, the nineber one call. He's like, the lady's like, yeah, we've got multiple calls about that, but we can't He's just posted, you can't do anything about that fucking five hundred pound bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: You get? I mean, they could the bounty down there a little to catch him, a little thing from the fallen I don't know, man, they said.
Speaker 1: The only thing they thought about doing was trinquilizing him. But then your fault.
Speaker 3: But then he falls and dies. Yeah, you can catch him. I mean he went out on the top.
Speaker 2: Fuck did he get up climbed up that thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, those things are that strong.
Speaker 6: Bears can climb trees like I known.
Speaker 2: Some ship my uncle goes. He used to go bear hunting up north and he had that two dogs chases one of the bear and he's fucking just easiest ship climb up the tree running from dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bears are scary, man, terrifying. Black bears those you throw hands to the black bear. Grizzly bears.
Speaker 2: Grizzly bears are different.
Speaker 3: That's different. Lambortini with the super chair, he said, shout out, Chris, Shout out to Chris. In the house. Somebody said Cocaine Bear could be I could maybe.
Speaker 5: Seen that movie.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anybody saw that. I mean, it's a true story apparently, which is kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: They definitely, but it's like the whole.
Speaker 3: Story, like fifteen minutes in the movie was like two hours. Yeah, I mean it's a cool concept, like cocaine bear.
Speaker 7: A bear was just doing his best Nick and pressure. That's the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Nick's not here, he's actually on benders and we just lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: True, you see that. If you guys have.
Speaker 1: Seen Nick, please let us know. He want to make sure he's all.
Speaker 6: We really got getting air attack for him.
Speaker 2: We really should put on.
Speaker 3: Jose Red says, that's how far you reached on the Monty situation.
Speaker 2: People reached all right, bro, whoever said it go, I would. I would love to know how I reached on that.
Speaker 6: It's gotta type that out thinking it was so tough I got.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna give you fair chance. I could just attack you right now, but I'm gonna give you the fair chance to explain how that's a reach.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Javonte Green Hey brother stayed in Troy, re signed. So another year of the WU with the Pistons and Happy birthday thirty three.
Speaker 2: I will say this about the Monty stuff to my friend JJ. You know who you are, JB. We made We made one hundred dollars bet Dave Montgomery at a thousand yards nine ninety nine point five that's Booner, that's who I'm talking. That's a little.
Speaker 3: Jj little jj wa. Oh that's I think that's a good bet.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how many yards? I think it's a good like. I think it's a pretty fair bet both ways, because it could happen and it couldn't. Like if what he mark stays healthy, it probably won't. But if he goes down, which he was injured a little bit last year, it could happen.
Speaker 1: That's what like this sucks about.
Speaker 2: This whole thing is like yesterday, if you guys watched show every day, I was defending Dave Montgomery. I was in this year arguing because you guys that he was number one back. Yeah, it would be a lead back in the league. And like, is it possibly a thousand yards? Yes, But the report that came up yesterdays they splitting carries and the Woody marks disrespect it's well, I don't think it's granted. He just undered Dave Montgomery and rushing guards last year Dave Montgomery thirty what he March thirty one, And arguably Dave Montgomery wasn't a better offense. It wasn't the greatest version of this offense, but it's still better than the offensive line in the offense the Texans have for we all know that that's the worst offensive line we've ever seen. He got the same amount of yards down there as a rookie.
Speaker 3: Mark's had a lot more carries. But but yeah, I mean it's we'll see what happened. I think it's like I said it yesterday, I think he's best suited and honestly, what's better suited for an NFL team is to split a backfield. I think it just makes more sense to have multiple running back. Yeah, it's economical. I think, you know, it's hard to be a bell kow back in this league. That's why there's only a couple of them out there. So I don't know. You know, he took it personally about splitting the backfield, but I think that's where he would get the most. I think that's where a team would get the most out of him, and I think that's where he would see the most success.
Speaker 2: And again, don't mean that any disrespect. I don't want to offend anyone. I'm saying I thought he'd be lead back, but he's be splitting it. I said yesday while I was defending him. I don't think he's a hit that thousand yard mark because because of the split and what the situation that offense is in. It's not a great offense. It's a horrendous offensive line. They did draft my guy Emmanuel Pragnant though, Yeah, but he showed it on that before I made he felt super fun. But he's like twenty five. Yeah, he's up there. He's up there in age, so that we got money on the line. And then not in a disrespectful way, but yeah, on many likes we had cons won't get into it. Yeah, we can just get into it.
Speaker 4: We are at forty two, that's what we gotta get those likes up. We gotta get to fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send the original video. I might be in downloads already, Chris, if you can look for it. If not, I'll just send you and slack myself. But yesterday I put out a video following I think it was an underdog that reported that Dave Montgomery and Woody Marks are expected to split carries in Houston.
Speaker 1: There's a cooler.
Speaker 2: Feature that I want to try on on Twitter now where he's hold donald react button.
Speaker 1: It puts it behind you on a green screen and you just react to wherever the tweet is.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn force the way out of Detroit just to split carries with fucking woody marks.
Speaker 1: You got, there's a video.
Speaker 2: Bro forced his way out of Detroit just to split carries with fucking woody marks. You can't make this show.
Speaker 1: Now, everything. I blame everything on the WANTA no way want the sound effect.
Speaker 2: It's a way worse. I just a shitty all round scenario.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, I like David Montgom. I'm a fan of Dave Montgomery. I have a fucking hat.
Speaker 2: My kids got shirts like I'm David Montgomery. Was cold here. It's all upsetting all around, Like we lost the best running back duo in NFL history in my opinion. He left to do the same thing, the worst offense in my opinion.
Speaker 3: For another contending team.
Speaker 2: That's it's that's that's how I felt about it. And the wamp wak came.
Speaker 3: In super chef from Lambertini. Real quick, before we get too far into it, he says, O, Lol, Coke Bear movie is banned over here. That's kind of crazy censorship. Damn shame has a damn shame. Cocaine Bear.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, So I don't change how I feel about the situation, because no, I'm not happy that our our fucking running back tam was and broke it up again, the one I think is the best in National Football League history. Yeah, I'm upset about it. I'm upset that he didn't get the carries. I'm upset that he wanted out. Like it's just a shitty situation all around, and he did for Force could be aggressive, force his way out if that upset, if anything upsets him, by the way, completely fair, Like he's the guy who's directed at You're allowed to be upset the fans that I haven't read sh up about anyway.
Speaker 1: You guys got to relax. You gotta fucking relax.
Speaker 2: What did I say?
Speaker 1: It was disrespectful?
Speaker 2: What I say to that video is actually true. Force could have been.
Speaker 1: Aggressive, but he wanted out that he hassed out.
Speaker 2: Willing Lee trade David Montgomery.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, the Detroit Lions, I can guarantee did not want to trade David Montcum the picture from Instagram. That is what I've seen the most contention with it over is the forced one.
Speaker 2: That's the way that you can have contention over.
Speaker 3: I didn't hop on.
Speaker 2: It's like Dave Montgomery sucks David Montgomery's mid I didn't say like disrespectful shit too about him at all. I just said, damn, you force your way out of Detroit to go be the same situation in Houston. What he marks.
Speaker 7: I feel like, I mean, Dave Montgomery has been my favorite line for the past two or three years, and like when I heard that he was going to the Texans, I was like, damn, that kind of sucks for us, but like, you know, good for him. He's gonna go be a lead back on you know, a good team and the offense needs help. And then you just kind of hear he's splitting reps with what he marks and it's like, damn, yeah, like why'd you even leave?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: If like maybe he's feeling a little bit of because like you know, normally, if you know, you just look over so if you're lashing out at something like that like you did, like it's normally got some truth behind it. You normally only really get upset over stuff like that if it's got some truth behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it was an arcle bombas Blenn carries. And again maybe it's I could see it as an opportunity to like. No matter who they bring in, I'll probably win that competition if you're Dave Montgomery versus compete against jamr Game's form here, but again, the term force if it feels aggressive to you, I don't know what else to tell you. I mean, look, you got the tweetnubs or the the thing?
Speaker 1: Now, Chris, is it the com or yes? The ig comment?
Speaker 4: Okay, because I went and grabbed the story. Sorry, I have this.
Speaker 1: No just the ig comment.
Speaker 2: If you can't buy yourself it is, here's here's a comment somebod damn you should request the trade. And then he fucking liked it, and that type of ship persisted for two months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't just that.
Speaker 2: What am I led to believe?
Speaker 1: I spoke with Davy last night. I spoke my piece.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 2: I apologized because I know what. I've watched enough. I'm a David Montgomery fan. I'm watched enough from on and off the field to know that he has had his mental battles from fans attacking him, and I didn't want to be the one to pile on top of that. I'm straight up I respect him as a father. I think he's a great, loving, caring father. Obviously, he made it out the you know, the best of his opportunity in Cincinnati becoming an NFL pro had dealt with the situation with his sister. I respect David Montgomery as a man, and so if I'm piling on top of that, I'm straight up I'm sorry that I did it, But I don't think any anything I said was egregious enough to be that offended as from the fan base, more so from Brunner. You know, I don't think I said anything like that, but it's his opinion.
Speaker 1: He's entitled to it.
Speaker 2: I've responded the same way in the past. I crashed out in Denver Blair last night, but it's your public figure. I understand it because I deal with the shots of the world. I do the Denver Blairs of the world. He sees it twofold. All the same stupid Lions fans are here talking shit about the team, and Dan can't like those guys arettacking him the same way because the trade too. Yeah, so probably we've seen it from me Cherry on top.
Speaker 1: No, I'm pissed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he had my back in the past and the reach we have, Yeah, it's it's you know, it's where the biggest truth, and there's a little bit of truth to it, because like I said, you know, if you want to say forced out is aggressive or he didn't force his way out, Okay, whatever adjective you want to use, he didn't want to be here anymore. Yes, And I find it very hard to believe that the Lions were like, you know, what we should do is trade David Montgomery and break up the best running back to handem in the league. I don't think that's a smart decision. And the whole like contract, like, he's still in the same contract that the Lions gave him, and it is adding up to where that contract would have resolved by the time Gibbs knocks in. So it's set up perfectly. So it's not like they forced him out because they didn't have money for Gibbs. That's not true. It's not like the Texans paid him, you know, starting running back money, because that's not true. And now he's going to be sharing the backfield with what he marks. So I think, uh, you know, it's a little bit of truth. If the forced out was too aggressive, all right, what word would you would make you feel better. What word wouldn't hurt your feelings? He asked out?
Speaker 1: He agreed to leave.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't he requested a trade.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to be here anymore, Like I just like again from David, You're allowed to be upset.
Speaker 2: I guess again. I get I'm seeing a pile of shit every day. I deal with it too, you know, so I'm sorry if I was at Cherry on top. Again, I respect him as a man, and I don't want to add anything to that. I guess I'm sorry in that sense for sure. But like, I don't think I say anything egregious. I'll stand on that.
Speaker 3: I don't think you did either. Like I said, the only thing that anybody can have any type of gripe about is the forced word. And if like if, if that's the society, like are we? Are we that big of snowflakes that a word locked forced its tupigrassive flake? I mean, just okay, he didn't force his way out, but he definitely asked to be traded, because do you think Brad Holmes walked up to him? Actually, you know, Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell, we're pretty vocal about needing you keep David Montgomery. So I doubt the Lions were the ones that walked to him and said, hey, we're gonna trade you. But you know, obviously all speculation never never knows what goes on between closed doors. Adam from the D with the super chat, this is aggressive. This is not my words, is Adam from the D. He said, f him, who gives a f what an X sens he ain't here, So no due respect are geez and the most never apologize to anybody. I ain't apologize, and I'd like to apologize absolutely fucking no one. Yeah, Adam from the D taking aggressive stance for it. I agree. I mean to a point for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just like again, if I'm adding to the bullshit, then I am sorry. I'm a Monti fan igain. If you guys watch Daily, you watched the clip from yesterday, I was defending Montgomery right here in the seat, still him. I think he's gonna be the lead back in that Tianna. But the for sures putting carries and.
Speaker 3: Uh less less is if you wouldn't say it to his face in private, then don't I would say that he would say it to you.
Speaker 2: Again, there is nothing disrespectful set up, and that that's the truth of what happened. Like I didn't say anything disrespectful.
Speaker 6: I imagine that, Like he didn't really want to leave the Lions.
Speaker 7: He just got to a point of shitty situation. He just got to a point of frustration where he was like, you know, I need a new change of scenery. I want to go be a lead back somewhere. It's not he just needed to get out, you know. And like he goes to the Texans and maybe the situation he thought he was gonna be in isn't as good as reality. So I imagine him, you know, acting out at you about that is more of just like behind what happened, and maybe I regret leaving my former situation. We were the best best offense in football.
Speaker 4: And you know, yeah, keep in mind also these athletes are the top you know, point what points zero one percent like the of athletes of humans, and so when it comes down to it, like they need that extra motivation, they need that, Like he could be just you know, a lot of this could be looking for it to almost fuel them to almost you know, because look, I think that reading the teles, I think that he didn't really want to leave. I think that he just felt the situation reached a point where, you know, where it was in his best interest to move on. But I think he did have genuine love for Detroit. I think he had genuine appreciation for his time for sure. So yeah, I think him he's probably using that as as extra motivation. Yeah, and you know, and that's how these guys are wired for. Fuck you all right, bet now it's on you know what I mean, anybody wants messful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you take that ship and turns the fuel absolutely, and like, yeah, that's for sure what it is. Because there's there's like sentences and like stuffing he's responding to that. Never said, yeah, I never said he didn't represent Detroit. I never said like we were saying. I didn't say none of those things. Yeah, so those are ship he's waiting from other people or he's the one reaching, you know. And I just fucking compiled and I was a cherry on top of Yeah, No, you didn't say anything disrespectful to the guy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Freddy felt three one three. Speaking of disrespectful with a super chat, he says, Sonic and moose knuckle, I'm t easy. That's funny. One Adam from the d with the super Chat.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: He says, if Chris and I see Demo on the streets, he'd better be watching his dumper hashtag. It's not really mister Biggs at the super Chat says it was the tone and the womp wop. I'm telling you the womp wop and his song song I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: And I didn't do the I just when I was doing it, though, Pop spinning the thing, I was like, all right, well yeah, see what Spinn's gotta say. Well again, like I guess like the the mast for content is to go at this guy and double down and all that stuff like that. I'm not genuine beef think that guy's an asshole, David. I don't think that at all. I think David is a great guy, better father, loves his son, and it deserved to lead a backfield and I get all that. Why so if I added on of the bullshit once more, I'm sorry, I'm in the fault.
Speaker 7: I can confidently say, like every single person in this room right now, especially like easy, like we want Monty to go to the Texans and just ask him all out this season.
Speaker 6: You want him to you just tear everything up, you know.
Speaker 2: Like for sure, I hate the Bears with a passion. Yeah, I think that's quite clear. Maybe that's why I'm not on the Kate Williams type dream too. I don't know, but like what I would like watching him in Chicago. He's just fun to watch. He's a fucking physical runner, but I know he gets like that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to use the word emotional.
Speaker 7: He's a person like everyone, Yeah, yeah, aren't just like regular people.
Speaker 6: And granted they're not regular people, but like there's still people.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he's just frustrated for sure, but there's like you watch the podcast you did with same Brown and his brother and Monty was taking offense to Yeah, he keeps from a power back. He's I'm more, I'm not just power back and more than the power. But he got really pissed off. So yeah, if I do somebody that, he's for sure gonna be pissed and whatever.
Speaker 7: That's probably what everyone says online is just like, oh yeah, demos are power back.
Speaker 6: So I probably pissed that people call him that.
Speaker 2: Because he thinks he could do more than that. Yeah, exact the truck play that he had against the Seahawks.
Speaker 4: That was a catch. Like, I don't know, but I don't think you were the first I don't think he opened his social media you were the first thing he saw and then he just let rip.
Speaker 3: I think it was it was a build up, build up, and like again, there's probably some truth behind it that you know. Yeah, hit a different chord.
Speaker 1: And I'm not mad at what he said. I've said worse.
Speaker 2: I told a guy that I have his wife sucked my dick from the back just to get a nose my buttle. Like I I can't be mad at what he said. I've said way worse thakes he offered a man.
Speaker 3: You did offer a bounty on a man's girl. That's why I can't be back that boomer.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's trying to be like, oh, shitting on you because angels said this ain't it and and commindus at l posts.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's shitting on me. I'm sorry if you feelize a way that that's you shitty.
Speaker 2: I mean, is what David did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, David called names.
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't the other guys did it.
Speaker 2: Kirby quote tweeted and said, we just can't we can't tell you guys a fan or not, Like this is laying that you were trying to be funny. I was, well, I'll making content. I was trying to be funny, but I stand out what I said. I don't think it was, you know, offensive, and I apologize.
Speaker 3: Freddy felt with the super chat, he says, easy trying to find the worst to describe them without being disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Damn knuckles, damn you will power back.
Speaker 3: I had him from the d with the super Chack, says Chris hearing power back right now, hashtag pants.
Speaker 4: We'll finding out a lot about Adam's fantasies right now.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, I don't know. I think he took a lot of offense to something that was pretty pretty light. Jab if a jab at all, felt beniine for sure, but you know, whatever it is. And you see like Zach Soap obviously standing on his soapbox for this one, no pun intended, what I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, he's he's real worked up about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, and and again when it boils down to it, like, yeah, we appreciate David Montgomery for what he did in Detroit. It was awesome. He was a part of arguably the greatest running back tandem in the history of football. Like, that's it, that's an actual thing, special time as Detroit Liant. But you know, things didn't go his way with the carries or whatever it was. He wanted out, he got out, and now he is splitting a backfield for another Super Bowl contender. So are we supposed to be happy for him? He actively made your team worse and made another contender better. I don't like that, but you know, whatever doesn't change what he did here. He's but he's a Texan now.
Speaker 1: Antonio says, easy, I promise you wouldn't say this to his face. Issue on everything?
Speaker 2: I love that, I would, Yeah, like what you actly I'm saying, like something about his mothers. Don't know, I don't think people like do you guys actually like talk to people in real life.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I don't understand if I said something like crazy or something like disrespectful.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I see it's something taken in disrespect in terms of like a content piece and the wamp womp and everything included. Sure, but I ain't saying nothing crazy like that that I wouldn't say to his face. It's insane again. Talk to him last night about it. He spoke his peace, I spoke mine. Where we're at. There wasn't no hostile at the end of it. It was just I'm my bad and I'm staying on that. And you guys know, if I'm pissed off enough or I'm thinking it's justified enough, I'll stand on business CJJ. That's still rolling. But Monty, I don't feel that way about Yeah, And if you're actually bad, you go below the belts.
Speaker 3: That is true. It is true. If it's not of disrespect from Easy, you know it. There's no gray area. Kenny Power is the super Chat says, this seems like a perfect time for a friendly reminder. Easy. We are in year six of this coach quarterback duo. That's what all this blowback is. I mean, it definitely does. I'm sure a lot of it is the feeling of failure for for us and for them, like for the fan base and for for the Lions that you know, they know what they had, We know what they had. They had a window they did and you can create a new window with the young talent that you have, and it's you know, you just got to replace the guys that you lost. But we're losing the you know, the rag Nows, the Deckers, the Montes, the Azos, that type of guys. Their window with the Detroit Lions is now gone and they didn't capitalize on it enough. So I'm sure that's part of it as well.
Speaker 4: You hear that's Jared Gosfault.
Speaker 2: We got some of my that today in the prep and I'm saying you stay tuned. We just stay tuned for that one.
Speaker 3: Chris. Also, do you have the Blake Miller stuff from a couple of days ago. We're not doing it right now. I just want to, yeah, because I do want to talk about Blake Miller because I'm I wish Nick was here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we can actually praise you now here. Don't want to him jump down my throat. But honestly, I made I made a statement yesterday that Blake Miller's gonna catch a touchdown next year. I think he is. I truly think you will. Demo doesn't believe in golf, says CHESSA would but all right, yeah, we're not speculating.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on a second, why would he leave the best quarterback in the league?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why would you.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, uh less less says our fans, starting to be some spoiled af shit. Demo gave you the greatest season in your lifetime fifteen and two. Some of y'all acting like, how asked Patriots fans? Oh, ask Patriots fans? Probably what he meant?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: Was it just Demo that gave us a fifteen and two season?
Speaker 3: And two? Uh yeah, fifteen and two season was great? The goals to win the Super Bowl? They haven't done that yet, man, So like they're a good team now, we can't we can't keep looking at the Lions like, oh, we should be grateful that we won games. No, that's that's not the mentality you should have anymore. We're not the joke of the league anymore. The mentality should we should win multiple playoff games and be competing for super Bowls. That's the mentality that you need to have, cause like you're not the boohoo sorry piss Lions anymore.
Speaker 7: I feel like we were so asked for so long that people see, you know, twenty twenty three, and they're happy with that, and like that's all we can.
Speaker 6: Focus on now.
Speaker 2: Who gives a fuck?
Speaker 7: How we performed in twenty twenty three when we have a great, a great team right now that could go win a Super Bowl, and you guys are still talking about twenty twenty three like it's in the past at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my thing is, I mean, I don't know if he's been talking to was, but like, how does the end of that correlate to being a spoiled fan?
Speaker 3: I just think the only the only fan base is that would even somewhat think of having an opinion like that are the Lions and the Browns, Like, oh, look, we won fifteen regular season games but lost in the first round of the play or lost in your first playoff game that year, didn't even get a playoff win that year?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 3: I mean, yet was it cool during the regular season? Sure, it didn't mean anything, though.
Speaker 2: Zach so the double headed Monsters better than Gibbs by himself fucking idiots.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 3: That's why I wanted David Montgomery to stay here and not ask to be traded.
Speaker 2: The whole point of the video we did there, you left your fortunately out of here to go do the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, David Montgomery for sure a better running back than Isaiah Checko. I would say that, but and that's why, you know, him going to another Super Bowl contender to split carries in their backfield makes the Lions worse and makes another super Bowl contender good. So that's what kind of sucks about it. But you know, what are you gonna do when a guy doesn't want to be here anymore? You can't hold onto him, can't hold a hostage.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, like people like Zach soep I genuinely don't respect your opinion at all.
Speaker 1: It means he's just being mad. Nothing to me unless you with some susmans.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked for yesterday hashtag come harder, just come correct, like you be mad, have something to be mad about, like bees have something genuine have some numbers, have some stats. No one fucking said that Gibbs better than Gibbs in Manti. We had a whole fucking segment about it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, Scott Langlis says Demo would have had to take a pay cut. That's not true. Contract he's on right now. He's getting paid like three million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Like he's base out.
Speaker 2: He's one and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he would have that contract that he's on right now that you know the Lions gave to him, and that would have ended right when Jamior Gibbs would start getting the actual money on his real deal.
Speaker 2: That's gonna sign it lined it up, lined up perfectly so, but may have worked out for other guys like Sam Laporta, Brian Branch. I mean, who knows.
Speaker 3: But I don't think he wanted to spend again, this is uh, this is speculation, but I don't think he wanted to spend the last two years of that deal going into free agency being a backup like he was. I think he wanted to, you know, he wants to. He wanted to go somewhere where it's like, all right, these last two years of my deal, I can showcase myself so that I can make more on my next contract. But we'll see, you know, him and what he marks are gonna.
Speaker 1: Have a battle for RB one basically one and a half the cap hit three point three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so can't pay two. Number one RBS is Scott Langley. He's not getting paid as a number one RB. You you could afford him, and Gibbs isn't either. He's on a rookie deal for the next two years, which was the remainder of David Montgomery's contract. So you weren't paying either of them as a number one RB. So that that you know that that's just not a true statement. No, it is a true statement. You can't pay two number one rbs, and they weren't, and they wouldn't have been paying one.
Speaker 2: Zaxvill's Diami's didn't utilized Monty last year, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And yeah, it's like the Lions aren't blameless in it. You know, we we said that that they should be giving David Montgomery more carries. I wanted to see them doing what they were doing where he'd start off the game and you know, he sets the tone and stuff like that, and that was a part of you know, Johnny Morton being here new offensive coordinator, some turnover and that, and and they got away from it and and you know he didn't like that, and obviously that's where it created the rift.
Speaker 2: And Johnny Moe was known as like a pass first guy. Thats one of the criticism when he got hired here as an offense corrider because he out positioned before and that was Christism there and why he.
Speaker 5: Was let go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But and I think he would have thrived in uh in tra Petsing's offense for sure. But Pacheco's gonna get th s carries and.
Speaker 2: Seeing fucking cooked last year with a little bit, agrees that he had he fucking cooked. I mean, think about the if you guys played fantasy, just think about the fucking no name backs you were picking up. You know what I'm saying, just to start that week, because whoever was into that week was going off. The rushing attack is back, baby Gibbs. Yeah, a little nerves. We the tackles with the conceit see of it, but all you need is one. We see hm multiple times and him he's taking to the crib, did against the Giants last year, for the win did against Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 1: He's he's what he does.
Speaker 3: And I agree with American Grandpa Joe, which is a crazy, crazy name. He says Pacheco is a step down, but I don't know about a massive step down. Yeah, I agree, especially for the role that he like. I really like Pacheco for the role that he's gonna be to where now it's not a we're not gonna have the Oh should Pacheco be getting more carries than Gibbs. Like, that's not gonna be a thing. No, now that he you know, there's a lesser running back. It's Gibbs backfield and Pochecco is going to be the hammer, which is where he excels on, you know, one in two yard games, coal line stuff. That's what he's gonna be doing. And like like what Jamal Williams was a true power back.
Speaker 2: You know yep, once more before break, I just like to apologize to the man, the father, man of God, Dave Montgomery. I didn't mean an offense. I apologize, bro without dude, tell us about Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness, the home of the judgment free zone. I was there today.
Speaker 3: You know, we had dmac on Woodward Wings, so I had to switch up the routine a little bit, wake up a little earlier. But it's okay because Planet Fitness is twenty four to seven and right now, athletes, high school athletes or just high school students can work out for free all summer long. So if your daughter, your son, your niece, your nephew, whoever is trying to stay in shape for football or cheerleading or volleyball or whatever they got in the fall, they could do it at Planet Fitness for free all summer long, joining Club Brownline at planefitness dot com. Planet Fitness, weir Fitness is essential. And let me tell you about All Day, All Day IPA man. They've been in the game for fifteen years. Founders Brewing Company a Michigan staple, and you can find them at Art and Jakes on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday five dollars short. So go check out All Day IPA and at Art and Jake's near you. It's Michigan companies supporting Michigan companies.
Speaker 5: The hunting season is almost to your Detroit.
Speaker 2: You are on the pro.
Speaker 5: Make sure you're locked into Woodward.
Speaker 9: Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, com and Roth first Downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Stay locked in on all your lines coverage right here, Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 5: Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious Jim that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free PF app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 9: Gives breakout season bloatings to the toutsdown Woodward Slots the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 7: Water Water Hazard is the very first can vodka cocktail from Founders. It's a vodka based cocktail at five percent ABV that's citrusy, refreshing, and gluten free, best served over ice with the slice of lemon preferably. Give five dollars cans at any art Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Please drink responsible. Let me tell you about Thrive. Most people think energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid. But you guys, you guys know better than that. It's time to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches sis in your Daddy's dips, tobacco free, nicotine free, mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of clean smart caffeine including alpha GPC and LFAAN nine, no jitters, no sugar crash in zero bloating. I can be found online at dipstop dot com and remember to use promo code w s N for fifteen percent off your entire order and exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. Thrive clean energy, zero distractions, They just fing work.
Speaker 1: What up the welcome bank whatever weights live the sports dot com racks sparkles.
Speaker 2: And take a Sparkles smashed like button b friend, Tell a friend and share this dream. You know I showed the popping this wing on a lie. We have the two biggest topics of the week. You know that jabo stuff. You know, somehow breaking got in the crosshairs. It was my intentions there. That was my wampnyeah. You know I did want to say something those yes to your jotape because you did say I did.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not allowed to say yeah. You can say it so obviously and by by the I'm just my bad too. I should have pulled this up, and I was so pissed off the day that I didn't. Jamo led the lean drop slash she did, and we brought it up in the group chat. Yeah greaty you had Jami twelve and then I think the next second highest was tenway Jami led leg.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring it up. Whatever brought it up in the chat though, where Spencer responded, I'll let you say.
Speaker 3: Well, I said, you know, if he had a quarterback that could consistently throw home a viral, maybe that's not And again I only say that with half truth because a lot of those were on JMO, So I'm not going to you know, if it hits you in the hands, you should catch it. You're a wide receiver in the NFL, and those, you know, some of them were on JMO. But when he's running twenty fucking four miles an hour down the field looking over his shoulder trying to catch a ball like this and it's fucking fluttering in there, it makes it a little more difficult for him to make that catch and track that ball.
Speaker 2: I will like, that is science in fact, and we know our guy JG.
Speaker 3: You know, he's very accurate with the ball, but they I don't know how he's as accurate as he is times because those bitches look pretty ugly coming out. But again it's on JMO. You do have to adjust to you know, your quarterback and do different things. But I think, you know, I wouldn't say that his drop problems would be completely gone if he had a different quarterback, but I would say it would cut down on a couple of them at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's somewhat of a fair point.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that does throw a better deep bault.
Speaker 3: He definitely does.
Speaker 2: I think the game you'd point to when it comes to Jared Goff in that scenario is the Browns one where JMO was streaking and they just a little bit of a fluttery one and then he had a miscommunicated one. It was like, with the fun he could have gone the same page that two touchdowns there for JMO in that game. And so I went to the numbers. Shout to I guy Warren Sharp Sharp Analytics. Every time he emails me, it's is Warren Sharp anal. It's a shot to him. But he's got this stat that he does and it is highest percentage of wide receiver air causing drops, in which the Detroit Lions ranked thirtieth in the league.
Speaker 3: Wait, what is this?
Speaker 2: Sorry percentage? I'm sorry, highest percentage of wide receiver air causing drops like the drop the miscommunication and the incompletion it's on the wide receiver. Okay, Detroit Lions ranked thirtieth, and then in the football in football, and then if I should say not football, it's.
Speaker 3: Thirtieth good or bad. Thirtieth is good for the wide receivers.
Speaker 1: Good for the wide receivers, bad on golf.
Speaker 6: And the truth prevailed the percentage.
Speaker 1: Of incompletions caused by the wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Caused by the wide receiver. We are thirtieth thirtieth in the National.
Speaker 1: Football So it's not.
Speaker 6: What that is saying.
Speaker 2: Maybe Jamie has better than Pies. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm not going back to that one.
Speaker 6: But throws fucking mallards.
Speaker 1: That's this question.
Speaker 7: The difference between catching a perfect spiral and a Jared golfball is honestly bigger than most people would would think to realize.
Speaker 3: It definitely makes a difference. It Like again, I I'm not putting it all on golf and I'm not putting it all on j MA. I think Dan Campbell even came out remember years ago and said, you know, harsh truths, which he has tended to do, is that Jameson Williams is never gonna have those superstar, you know, ultimate hands and that's but also you go look at college, you know he wasn't got pretty good team ball. But I think again, I don't think it would have completely is completely the reason, but it's definitely a factor.
Speaker 6: I'm sure some of those are like on the wide receiver's fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, it's it's both Like Jamo needs to catch those balls too. He like, if they if they get to him, if they hit him in the hands, he needs to come down with them. And I'm in Ross Saint Brown obviously, I believe it was a one off year where he was dealing with an injury for a majority of the season, where we had saw him on multiple occasions where he had a cast on on his hand. The swelling on his thumb was crazy anytime you'd get a shot of it in the locker room. So for Am and Razire, I'm chalking it up to that, and I think aman Ra, barring another injury, will be you know, back to his best hands in the league ways. But for James and Williams, the type of routes he runs in the type of catches that he's looking to make where it's a lot of tracking the ball over your shoulder and different things like that. It's definitely a factor. Maybe you know, you want to call it a small factor at that for sure, I would agree with that. But it's a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's an advanced analytic and it's like, okay, who's deciding the air? Like I'm saying, what's the definition here? That's why do we fucking with advance a lytics? But we fucking Warren Sharp? It was on there. I thought it was interesting giving the discussion that we had about Jamover's pickens and jame Oben drops and you know, yeah, according to Warren Sharp, it's that's you know, and a most of w j G.
Speaker 3: Skywalker is a confessed and known golf hater. Yeah, he as you know, we're not going to.
Speaker 6: Follow mad for the show for sure, but his ball is not like that. That's not really something up for.
Speaker 3: No, it's yeah, I mean, if you're gonna sit here and look me in the eyes and tell me Jared Goff's got the best looking ball in the NFL, I'm gonna call you stick.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like we we can you could say things that are true without it being Oh, don't disrespect them like that. It's true, It's all right. They're still accurate. They still get there, which is why it's on Jamo as well, Like they might be a little fluttery, but they're there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still think. I mean, we've also seen James ship drop fu for sure.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of this is the stat as a team, This is like a team stat. I would be interested to see what it is specifically when James targeted, because I think we all can say Jamo's hands aren't the greatest. Yeah, Dan Campbell's come out and said Jamo could probably whenever be an elite pass catcher.
Speaker 4: That's the part that makes me questioned the equation just a bit here. It's like someone like, I get it, that guy shouldn't be drop dropping balls. I mean, and he normally, he normally does it. Outside the time he had the hand that was like three times the size of his normal hand. Yeah, it was insane. But yeah, the Jmo part makes me kind of question it a bit. I don't know what the like precise definition is on this step, but it does make sense, man, Like, it does make sense because golf doesn't throw the most consistent consistent ball. It just kind of gets there. I'm and Ross said, you have to learn how to catch his throats, Like there's there's a real there's a real part of the equation. That's that's Jared Goff.
Speaker 7: So yeah, there's a lot of validity in what Spencer said about James and William catching the ball. Like when you're running that fast and you're going for you know, like a over the shoulder fade kind of ball like it is, it must be impossible to like concentrate.
Speaker 6: Like when you're running that fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe that's why they keep it so short and sweet with him typically, and he is amongst the league lois and air yards year after year.
Speaker 4: It's because maybe that's the reason. And you're shit on for it. We got the team for it again.
Speaker 3: JMO has had bad drops in the past. Two These are these are true things. It's okay to say, like, you know, we can we can look at these guys and say they're not the greatest player of all time at their specific position, no matter who they are. Everybody's got their flaws, so it's all right, and we you know, we love them all the same. But there are multiple factors, you know, it is a two point connection, like a you know, quarterback wide receiver. It's two things.
Speaker 1: But tell us about the Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you.
Speaker 7: Looking for a career upgrade, check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work.
Speaker 6: For in the state of Michigan.
Speaker 7: We saw their incredible company culture first hand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. So if you're looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Troy. I call it two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the Pros handle it.
Speaker 6: More.
Speaker 9: Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward.
Speaker 5: Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get non.
Speaker 9: Stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports. We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 5: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shot Woodwards Sports.
Speaker 4: Buddi's Pizza, home of the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years and you can save ten percent with that promo code ten meal. But it doesn't just get your pizza. It gets your bread, it gets your salad, it gets your meatballs, chicken wings. They got it all at Buddy's Pizza. To make sure you save ten percent on it all with that promo code ten meal when you order at Buddyspizza dot com.
Speaker 3: Check it out, check it out.
Speaker 1: The h the hashtag cancer wolver sports, my boy Scott.
Speaker 2: Hashtag cancers sports Scott, and the sports chat smashed like but and be friends to the friendship this dream. I'm easy when I got some more rags Young Chris who got Skywalker in the building.
Speaker 3: Also the Mayo hate and the chat is crazy like mayo is a top tier condiment for sandwiches and burgers, especially Chipotle Mayo.
Speaker 6: I just started liking it.
Speaker 3: I think my two my two goat condiments are Chipotle mayo and honey mustard. Bang bang. It's fair dipping sandwiches burgers.
Speaker 2: Whatever catch Montgomery clipped that puts on the story and said, this guy's fucking corny, Honey Mustard.
Speaker 1: Waha the wampom. I'm telling you, I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad I have that much motion. Don't even have to say words.
Speaker 2: I gotta take the blame.
Speaker 3: That's like Neil. Neil used to say him and Drew Sharper like that all the time. He'd say whatever he wants and everybody would blame.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: That happens here quite often. All right, Yeah, you guys.
Speaker 3: Are victim now.
Speaker 2: No, the Blake Miller stuff. I was the only one that hype about him, and then Nick was all mad at him and the show got labels and Blake Miller and that's not the case at all, a little bit until we've fucking got to speak our piece. We hated him until theyck interviewed them. I think it's because people thought Jeff was you. Now that's some funck ship. I might take Jeff out, Jeffy having some crazy takes.
Speaker 1: Out to get the pistons.
Speaker 3: What what are we?
Speaker 2: What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Tiptato is solid. Tiptato solid. I'm more of a yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're not here to talk conniments. We're talking deachroy Lions. I saw someone put.
Speaker 1: I think it was Kyle Brand.
Speaker 2: Actually they voted on who was the best pound for pound player in the NFC North. Now his answer was Jamior Gibbs. Once we'll get to the correct answers. So I think it's but if you're going skill position, obviously for media and clicks, I still think it's Justin Jefferson pound. Jefferson, like Jamiir Gibbs, is in top three conversations based on expectation on these ere finishing top three anything other than touchdowns, which that's you.
Speaker 1: Know, great about to have, you know, but Jay Jettas has been that guy in the top three.
Speaker 2: Eighteen hundred yard season right every single year is one thousand yards of his career, despite having some ass quarterbacks at times too we're talking past or not J J. McCarthy. I mean, that's the level of quarterbacks this guy's been working with cast thousand yard seasons. It's Justin Jefferson, like Jamiir Gibbs can be in the conversations expectation he's there.
Speaker 3: Yes, but what are we doing? I would say Jamier Gibbs would be five on my list. I again, you know you want to put Jamiir Gibbs over I'm in Ross Saint Brown. Again, I think you can only do that based on expectations. I think you know I'm in Ross Saint Brown has been a multiple time first team All Pro in this league. I would put Jettas over him, and I would put Sewell and Parsons over him as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did pound for pound when I did these.
Speaker 2: Or Parsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was part of what kind of you know, what kind of parsons.
Speaker 5: Are we getting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thought about that in back and this sounds sick. I actually don't want to say. I don't know how many players are watching, but if he's slowed down by that, I'll take it. Michael Parsons was I mean, for Michael Parsons is scary if he's healthy and back to for me get a face in a fucking rookie, Blake Miller, I mean, my god, I think, uh, that's mere fuel.
Speaker 3: J Jamir saying Jamiir Gibbs number one pound for pound in the NFC North is hot take, A very hot take. I think it's I think it's aggressive, and again it's based on projections, and I think we all think Jamiir Gibbs is going to fully establish himself as well of excuse me if not the best running backs in the league this year, but he's still got to do it. You know, we did have wamplump here for a while and they played off of each other very well, and that was a part of it. And I know Jamiir Gibbs has had more touchdowns than anybody since he's gotten in the league and stuff like that, but being a feature back is a different story. And Heded did it well last year. But this year, I think with all the hype which is there rightfully, so we're getting just just too early to the party. And maybe this is when you want to be too early, because now you know, realistically, when Jamiir Gibbs is top three in yards and top three in touchdowns for running backs by the end of the year, Kyle Brand will go back and see like, look, I told you, But as of right now, I think you still would have to put at the very least Pennay Parsons and Justin Jefferson over him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, he's doing a skilled thing, but even skilled thing, you're talking Justin Jefferson, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I agree with that, So I don't know about Parsons that's close for me because I think, I mean, Gibbs is I don't think there's any doubt at least a top two running back, you know in the NFL. Yeah, i'd probably say Michael Parsons is a top three. I would say two probably too. I probably haven't had too. Yeah, but I think that's close. I think Penny for sure, pound for pound better. Yeah, and Justin Jefferson. People forget how good he is just because of the situation he's in. You know what I mean, he was.
Speaker 3: Neil what Neil hates. It's crazy argument. See, he thinks. He says that every time he comes up to a big game he has you know, five or three catches for forty three yards.
Speaker 2: Or just j Justson has no playoff wins. Okay, yeah, we don't play that game with receivers, bro.
Speaker 3: That's yeah. Receivers gave a quarterbacks coach. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think wide receiver in the NFL is the only position in sports that is completely dictated off of the performance of another position. Yes, like, you can be the best wide receiver in the league, but if you got the Pastronaut and Max Browsmer throwing you the ball.
Speaker 2: You know it's gonna be George Dickens going from the Steelers situation with where the fun was over that cat remembers in can he picket to Dak Prescott, I hate and he pick it. So he went from just cracking on thousand yards a season to third in the league.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you could be like wide open forty yards down the field. But I mean, if Jared Goff is throwing to you, Okay, right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Playing God David Skywalker, you got some chet. Yeah, we got a couple of super chats in there. Blow me sixty nine. Shout out sixty nine sixty nine. Sorry, I forgot the other one, he says. J J gets shut down by Lions second string defensive backs, not number one. Mean Robinson did clamp him a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the thing. I mean, they played against other.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you want a very niche reason, that's a that's a valid point.
Speaker 2: But if you go and watch that bat if I'm being honest, by the way, and I praise the meek for that, I deserve you. So Detroy Lion's family, Yeah, I gotta do that. We talked about you gripping them up the position, being like, oh that too, yeah, a little handsy little you know, let me get away with the fucking five five. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sam Donald was missing him. Have Sam Donald missed him a lot?
Speaker 1: Sam Donald was fucking I don't know where at this time he was wide open.
Speaker 3: Sam Donald choked so hard against the Lions in that last game, insane.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that. Guys want to fucking super Yeah, we have to.
Speaker 3: Do that video stick. We gotta keep that in the fucking hopper. You guys better watch. We should pay Lens to find some booner. Dirt Booter does it to himself every single day, that's.
Speaker 4: True, comes in and asks questions. One of these days he's gonna ask a question that's just gonna uh.
Speaker 3: Blitz does bits with the super Chat says, if you don't like Mayo, you have the palate of a five year old. Love you boys, thanks for the entertainment, as always, appreciate you, brother. I agree, QP.
Speaker 2: Mayo is elite man.
Speaker 3: I don't care what anybody says, how about AOI I always just Mayo from a socio economic like a higher socio economic.
Speaker 2: Upre great though it's literally Mayo. It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's made the same play, it's made the same way. Yeah, they just put garlic in it. Spener, I do refuse, I do, I mean, don't.
Speaker 4: Talk. Let's talk about.
Speaker 3: All right, we get back more Detroit Lion for JJ's as mister does. It's literally the one that is the one position where you can say it's the other.
Speaker 6: Guy's fault, completely dependent.
Speaker 3: Like if I was your quarterback, it doesn't matter. If you've got Randy Moss and fucking Jerry Rice out there, we're probably not having too good of a passing offense.
Speaker 4: I can't believe he's never demanded trade honestly with quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what Minnesota does. They burn superstar wide receivers. That's a that's what they do, Chris Carter, Justin Jefferson, Stefan Diggs to a lower extent, Adam Theeln. If you're a white guy, like it's you know, I mean, healing's probably the greatest what in them in the modern era, outside of outside of Jordy Nelson. I'll tell you, maybe I would give Julian Edelman maybe feeling Edelman. Edelman is one of the best playoff receivers ever, regardless of skin tone. But I still think I think Adam Feeling was a better receiver than Edelman. Edelman just played with Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: So we look at who has the most steam yards playoff history. I'm curious.
Speaker 3: I think it's Julian Edelman. No, I honestly think it's Mike be Travis Kelson looking up.
Speaker 2: Someone looking up, don't just say yeah, look it up, all right. I think he's got the most receptions. Let me tell you, guys, I'm about the newest member the Wolf's sports family. That's Icon Auto. We're excited to have him here, and you should too, because now you're getting hooked up.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: They got three convenient locations one of Madson Heights. They got Shelby Township and Pontette covered. If you've been in an accident where your vehicle needs repairs, make sure you trust a team at Icon All and Collision. They offer free card owners and even I have to pay your to doctor both his Icon Auto dot com.
Speaker 1: It's the Icon. You can count on, a ton of.
Speaker 2: Fun, a.
Speaker 5: Ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights live.
Speaker 11: Some days call for light others lean bowl. What about everything in between all day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment.
Speaker 12: One's great two even better brood with you and money, no short cuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much.
Speaker 11: All day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 9: Hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prowl. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, common row first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Gibb's big plays, and of course Jack Fox.
Speaker 5: His leg yes day.
Speaker 9: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 5: Sports.
Speaker 4: Supreme Lending Chatted Christ. These guys are the dream team. They got zero percent doubt payment programs available, a ninety seven percent customer satisfaction, scored in ninety nine percent clothes on time. These guys don't waste your time and they save you money. And on top of all of that, you can get five hundred dollars off your appraisal just by mentioning will Ward's Sports. So please, while you're shopping for a hope. Tell them what'll Ward Sports such at Supreme Lending give them a call today.
Speaker 3: Wamp womp.
Speaker 2: I missed time.
Speaker 3: That fuck super chat from Chad In there, he said, I remember when Woodward had the shake check adds and spending would exclusively glaze the garlic.
Speaker 2: Aoli.
Speaker 3: Aoli's great. I'm not. I'm just saying you can't say you like aoli and then say you don't like mayo. It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Oh never said. I was just saying, I mean, if you like ranch, ranch is made of mayo. Yep, the good ranch at.
Speaker 3: Least good ranches.
Speaker 1: Thick ran bullshit, or you do buttermilk ran ranch's.
Speaker 3: Ee the buttermilk or mao, or it's water and it's just awful. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I used to make ranch.
Speaker 1: Yeah all the time.
Speaker 3: Do you put ali on your cheese roll ups?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: On him.
Speaker 2: I completely forgot to make a poll for the next topic. So I'm gonna go to Spinny here because he's excited to talk about Blake Miller.
Speaker 3: I am excited to talk about Blake Miller. Chris, did you find those in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And there there was another. I think there's a tweet from Al shut out football football guy Al because Yeah, I do want to talk about Blake Miller a little bit, because we do have a another topic coming up. We're gonna we're gonna talk about a player on both sides of the ball that we expect to have the biggest leap from last year. But I think Blake Miller is going to provide something very refreshing for Lions fans. And I know, you know, is the pass blocking going to be elite? Is that going to be locked down, you know, at the highest rate of all time? Probably not. He's gonna have some rookie moments. He's going to get beat a couple of times. There is a lot of very good ed rushers in this league, and when you have Penny Sewell on the other side of you, it's going to force those guys to be on top of you the whole game. But Blake Miller is the most athletic lineman the Lions have ever drafted. And that's not hyperbole. When you look at the RADS scores from some of these guys, Blake Miller's rad score was higher than Penney Sools. And these are all of the tackles that they have drafted in the last twenty five years. Shot at our guy football guy l for putting this out there. Blake Miller with the number one rascore nine, almost a full point higher than Penney School. And then you've got Goster Cherylis, Jeff Beckis, Taylor Decker, and Riley Reeve with a five to nine to one rascorre woff.
Speaker 2: But I'll blink Chief eight. That was my guy.
Speaker 1: Shout out Riley.
Speaker 3: But Blake Miller is a unit and like Nick saw him face to face, he talked about how big he was. The guy is agile, he is fast, He's good in open space, and we know that the Lions really like to get their offensive lineman out there moving. Give him in front of the backs of some of these wide receivers the tight ends. I think Lions fans are going to see a much, much, much improved run game and the biggest part of it is the athleticism that the Lions are bringing to their offensive line, not only him, but uh Caide Mays as well, being a very athletic guy. We know that Tate Ratlice had the nine to nine nine RASD score when he was drafted out of Georgia. We know Penne sewell and the type of athlete that he is, the same with Christian Mahogany. So the Lions offensive line it got younger, it got more athletic, and I think it got a lot more versatile in what they can do in the run game. And it starts with Blake Miller.
Speaker 1: This is the stuff I chop bringing up two weeks for the draft. He got shut down quick.
Speaker 2: This guy is a fucking freak. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously there's some tape.
Speaker 2: Out there against you know, some better as ushers, some questionable stuff, but I think at the very least he's a damn good run blocker because of athleticism. And I talked about before too. You've seen Penny suwon space. It's highlight film. You're watching highlight table on an offensive linement. Blake Miller, I think has at least a saying capability they help you in space. I don't know if he's rolling people the same way Pace will doing, but at least get.
Speaker 1: Your body out there.
Speaker 2: I love that for what this offense is predicated on, and that's running the football with Jared Goff. His best feature that you'll get even out of me is play actionability, and in order to run an efficient play action game, you need to run the football. The Detroit Lions offense was best when we were running the football. One of the reasons I was disappointed that we're losing David Montgomery bringing Blake Miller in is he's able to steal that job week one. I think Jamier Gibbs have a fantastic season results Again, the rest is Detroit Lions office having a fantastic season. I coupled that with the fact that Drew Petsing, that's his number one attribute has been in the number one thing on as his resume is running the football, and we have a pretty good damn situation.
Speaker 9: To do so.
Speaker 3: And the sorry Skywalker, but the like complex run schemes that we were used to seeing under Ben Johnson, the not just the you know, hand it to Jamiir Gibbs up the middle and then throw it on a pitch to Jamiir Gibbs on the outside. No, we're going to see advanced, complex, second level blocking schemes again, and that is going to provide so much depth to the Lions running attack and what they can do out there.
Speaker 2: Kad Bays a seven to five seven rast score. I'm kind of surprised by that. Pretty aalytic for a big guy, but I mean the dual run is gonna be there between him and Tate Rabits for Dams, I know he's not looked at as the greatest run blocker, and maybe that's fair.
Speaker 1: May I do some more homework. I think he'll be a lot better than people are expecting.
Speaker 4: So here's his full rast score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is uh, this is Blake Miller's full RAZ score there, and you see the green all over the shuttle is extremely high. Obviously, the forty yard dash is impressive where he would hawk the shit out of Nick, and then the vertical and broad jump.
Speaker 2: Like the guy he's just a flat out freak like he is. He truly is.
Speaker 3: And again you get, you know, a guy like that and a tight end like Samlporto or Brock right in front of a Jamiir Gibbs or Jamison Williams on the outside and it's two on three and you've got three cornerbacks looking at two big ass dudes with one of the fastest players in the NFL behind them. I like the Lions odds in those situations.
Speaker 2: Drew Pretzing, those advanced run schemes as well too, Like you can only teach those things to your players when you fully understand them. You only fully understand them when you're coming up with the concepts. Yeah, and even if they're not his own, he's best friends of Ben Johnson. I'd assume that both been coaching field. They they shared that and that one's down pat.
Speaker 4: And again shot out to shout out to Hank Fraley, one of the best offensive line coaches in the league as regarded by by his players. So I think that that is a huge thing to have, you know, the kind of I think it's very huge that you have a lot of the same infrastructure that Drew Petsen is walking into. You have the same head coach, you have the same offensive line, so, you know, I think that there there is going to be a quicker kind of learning curve, and I think they are gonna find ways to put Blake Miller in positions to succeed. I do worry about his or not worry. I just wonder his long term ceiling. But outside of outside of like, did we get a productive offensive lineman? Absolutely, I feel very confident in saying in saying that just from what I'm seeing at what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Shout out Gordo, Shout out Gordo. Hot in this bitch. Yeah, put these fans on rotate. I got nothing point at me. Maybe that one that's like the ass side of it. Yeah, I'd be clutched. I'll take that all day.
Speaker 1: All right? Uh, you got anything else on Blake Miller being athletic?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. All right, let's go to break.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about mad packs.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about mad Pack's gonna get mad packs dot Com and find a location near you carrying the best product in the game. They got a bunch of deals all over the place, So find a dispensary near you at get madpacks dot com.
Speaker 9: For more Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Oh Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long. You'll get NonStop Tigers contents.
Speaker 5: From on field interviews, postgame.
Speaker 9: Reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit and That's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 13: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and you have an avenue here. Maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability?
Speaker 2: And you know, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a.
Speaker 5: Guy named Darren McCarty on our shot Woodward.
Speaker 2: Sports artin Jakes is my spot. I'm there for my UFC Saturdays, my NFL Sundays.
Speaker 1: And everything in between, including last night's Tigers game where the boys took it home.
Speaker 2: Shout out the Gordo, Nick Roll, heal you on the desk holding it down.
Speaker 1: You know I had to pull up.
Speaker 2: Not only did I get my cookie bliss all right, we're working out these days, had a little bit of protein, got the wings.
Speaker 1: Do you you don't remember wh I think? I got the Chipotle line so good?
Speaker 2: Proved Yeah. By the way, they got the good ranch too. If you're wondering in sorry, fine Donny flavor sports bar setting.
Speaker 3: Of course Arton Jakes has the good ranch.
Speaker 1: You want to fucking you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's the sports bar win like the team scores or teams winning claps, you know what I'm saying. I always love that because it's like you're at the game, everyone's taking part together. That's where I fucked with claps around on the room. We won last night.
Speaker 1: Go Tigers real quick.
Speaker 8: I remember being at Applebee's one time with like a group of my buddies and we were watching Bears Lions. Jamo got a touchdown. I stood was like, yeah, let's go. I was the only one in the entire sew sports.
Speaker 2: That's why you go to Art and Jake's quite.
Speaker 3: Literally, Hey, Applebee's had it spot in my heart.
Speaker 1: It had spotned your heart. When you're nineteen, you take a bitches on twenty.
Speaker 3: Had spot prices and drink specials man Maruria's discussed drink ten of them for ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out.
Speaker 2: They held it down to the we're grown now we visited and Jake's Yeah, let's go to Art and Jake's children go to Applebee's Lions topic. Yeah, I'm just thinking of the ovgar and disrespect. Yes, truly, but for the games when Art and Jakes quitch saying an the restaurants, you fucking hassles.
Speaker 3: What about.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you guys about the line topics we have.
Speaker 2: I was about to go to add voice. I don't know if guys doing there breakout players what we voted on. I think we're going to offense and defense. I'm gonna start Beca. I'm gonna give Spinning the guy he called in the draft all I know that's gonna be his answer offense.
Speaker 1: I think this was pretty obvious for everybody.
Speaker 2: It's Isaac teslah We're talking big things about Jamo going out there beating George Pickens numbers. One of the things that might affect that not happening is this kid's growth in the offense. That's Isaac Teslau. One of the things he's done with Jared goff over this past year, not all games, but in practice.
Speaker 1: As well too.
Speaker 2: You've seen the tape if you follow him on social media, catch the fucking ball, no matter who's there, no matter who's around him. I mean, he's doing He's Vanilla Tron. I don't know why we try to discredit that nickname. By the way he's doing. Vanilla Tron thinks. I think it's a great nickname. He's very suiting Isaac Tesla. I think you saw the raw athletic ability out of him. We just talked about a rascal with our rookie Blake Miller. The route running was probably the only thing he had to work on. Get that down. The hands are there, the speed is there, the after the catch is there. He's a big mofo. I think he'd be a breakout of via Tesla. I'm not saying he's gonna be better than Jamo or am Ross Saint Brown, but he canna be a regular stable in the Eachroe.
Speaker 1: Lines office for damn sure. And maybe that's why it's import might not get paid.
Speaker 3: What I mean, I it's hard to argue that you look at what he did last year in extremely limited opportunities. I mean, he was your best red zone threat and he only had like eight red zone targets sixteen catches six of them. Yeah, the guy is I mean, he's a highlight weighting to happen. And with his size, with his ability to play kind of anywhere on the field. You can put him ant X, you can put him, you know, in the slot, you can put him in different spots, and he's he's a matchup nightmare for some people to have. I definitely like to slot there. I think I think he's really gonna show, you know, show how impactful he can be and why Brad Holmes traded up and gave up the the assets to go get him. But that's the other thing is like with Sam Laporta being back, that being kind of the role that he was playing last year where he was, you know, that other option when you looked outside of the regular pieces, will there be enough give for him to be a true factor in the offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why I think spot they'll have a role in for damn sure is the red zone, red zones, maybe third downs Again, we looked at those numbers where Jared goff'son in trouble is all same Laporta and Amara, but red zone for damn sure. I mean that's what they went to last year and they needed a touchdown against the Steelers. Yeah, before lastly going into Tom Moran the short route.
Speaker 6: But I'm kind of on the other end of the spectrum here.
Speaker 7: I think in terms of like a breakout player on offense, I was learning more towards Sam Laporta.
Speaker 1: Actually I think breakout.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, coming off, I.
Speaker 1: Guess he's broken out people top five.
Speaker 3: I broke down last year.
Speaker 7: I guess I'm saying breakout more as a comeback player kind of thing. But I expect him to play that security blanket role for Goth. I wouldn't be shocked if he approached, you know, one hundred receptions by the end of the year, and I think GoF needs somebody like that when you got a good slock guy, like a deep threat with Jamo. I don't think there's gonna be too much love for Isaac Tesla and I think, uh, Sam Laporta will be taking a majority of those those those balls.
Speaker 3: You gotta remember, Drew Petzing had three wide receivers on the field, less than any other offensive coordinator in the league last year, so uh, he does like the heavy tight ends, and we know how impactful Sam Laporta's presence is to this offense. I I I like that one as well. I think Sam Laporta could definitely get back to his ways, get back to being that, you know, number two option for Jared Goff if.
Speaker 4: If I if I want to get weird, because I think those are the two right answers.
Speaker 1: Has broken out.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but I think I do think it's a It's a bounce back. But how much of a bounce back do you think? I wouldn't put this guy at the top of the list, But how much of a bounce back can you expect Isaiah but Checko in a in a better in a better system around him, can you I know, he's a number two back and everything, so it's like tempered expectations, not break out bounce back player. Yeah, but kind of a bounce back. Could you see him as like bouncy bouncing back in some regard?
Speaker 2: Now, I mean I'm hoping, I'm hoping, so I think, you know, once to find out what we're getting consistently out of the left guard position, we probably not gonna get it into the season. But yeah, I think he had to have a better first season the year than he's had in passed for sure. Another breakout canon, though, I'd say for offense, I mean, unless you got one that you want to say as different.
Speaker 1: If it's a Tate.
Speaker 3: Ralie, I was gonna yeah, I mean, I think again, I think he is going to solidify himself as the second best offensive lineman on this league or in this team next year, like I think you have Penny Swell and then next season Tate Ratudge will solidify himself as the second best offensive lineman on this team. And he really showed stretches of quick improvement down the stretch last year. He was the best graded off or rookie offensive lineman for like the last seven weeks of the season consecutively. He was not allowing any type of pressure on golf. The guy really really solidified his position as as the guy on that you know, solidifying that side of the offensive line. And that's the biggest part of it is you need Tate Ratledge to step up and be the guy because of Penna Suwell moving to the left side. You need Tate Ratledge to step up and reach my expectations of him because he's going to have a rookie on the other side of him, and we've seen multiple times how good Pennae Sewell can make people look in that right guard spot, whether it was Dan Skipper or whoever was filling in for you know, Vatai or whoever was injured at the time, Penny Suwol would make them look like if very valid replacement. I think Tate Ratlice is. I think he is a very good guard in this year or in this league, and I expect him to go out there and to be playing at a Pro Bowl level next season.
Speaker 2: Wow, do you guys want to go to break or continue on to defense?
Speaker 1: You come back?
Speaker 3: We gotta y, Yeah, we gotta keep going.
Speaker 2: So defense side of the ball. Williams, Yeah, yes, everybody else? I mean, who else is young enough to break out on that? I'm I think, uh, Jimmy're older?
Speaker 3: Rocky scene Okay, Yes, I think I think Tyler Williams is the obvious one. You know, you need him to step up because of the loss of Roy Lopez, the loss of DJ Reader, And I don't think I mean, some Lions fans obviously have extreme expectations for him next year, but I think every Lions fan is holding him to go in there and be the space, either be the run stuff or be that guy. If you get some pass rush on top of it, that's an extra. But you need him to step up and be the the kind of force in the run game in the middle. But I think a breakout year for Rocky as Scene would be the best case scenario for the Detroit Lions defense. Obviously, what happened with Terry on Arnold was unfortunate, and you thought he was gonna be a good player going forward. But I think that if Rocky as Scene can step up and actually be a dude, actually be a high level cornerback in this league and be you know, taking the best receiver off the field like we saw him do to aj Brown, like we saw him do in certain games down the stretch for the Lions last year. If he can do that consistently, man, that would be elite.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely. But but I again I start with Tyler Williams just because I like that that's a good poll spencer. But I start with Tyler Williams because again, going off of what we saw this team go the furthest with is you didn't necessarily have the great pass defense. But you damn sure have one of the best run defenses, and that starts with a guy like Tyler Williams. So you really need him to take that step, and all signs are pointing to it, you know, like the Brad Holmes put his chips in on him. He put his chips around not only just because he's a first round draft pick, but because he liked what he saw this year and he let a lot of like you said, that depth go in the middle of the defensive line. So he would be the guy that I'm looking at to to break out. And then you know, I talked about him yesterday having pressure the rookie Derek Moore. I think, you know, him having a situation where he's walking in with a bona fide top three, top four edge in the league in Aiden Hutchinson next to him. I think that sets him up for success, especially if Alam and Tyleek are doing their job defensively. So he could be somebody that I wouldn't say like breakout season because it's his rookie season, but he could be someone that hits the ground running a little bit faster than we expect. Yeah, maybe not quite. Nick eight and a half sacks, or whatever. Yet what do you have? He had him like seven seven seven. Yeah, I'm not quite there with it, but he could hit the ground running a little bit.
Speaker 1: The rookies don't do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Skywalker, who do you got anybody or tight league?
Speaker 7: I think he's got a whole entire offseason under his belt now he knows what to expect from uh, like an NFL caliber offensive line. I think the transition between college and an NFL being a d tackle can be kind of humbling because the talent is just.
Speaker 6: That much better at the next level.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I feel like he has a better judgment of what to expect this season, and he knows what he needs to work on. Right, So if he can just play his role and you know, stuff holes and and getting people's way, he's gonna he's gonna do just fine on this line's team, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think it's ti league as well.
Speaker 2: If I'm just picking pinpoint someone just because I see him do it at times last year. Just the only thing I think he was missing was the consistency of it and the fact that Roy Lopez just happened to be outperforming him, and how how to not play this guy?
Speaker 1: He's bawing out.
Speaker 2: Roy Lopez getting the TfL, He's getting quarterbacks faces. I'm kind of disappointed. Let him go too, Yeah, shout out to the King of the Tortas.
Speaker 1: He went back back to Arizona.
Speaker 3: Could be one to play, you know, he probably I don't know if he lives there, but I assume.
Speaker 5: I think we're achieved.
Speaker 3: Maybe he never sold home.
Speaker 2: Yeah he didn't get that pick from the Arizona I don't know. I don't know if it's from Arizona. Roy Lopez the tackle of the last year. He was pulling that back half of the season. I think that's the majority of the factor that kept Tyley go off the field. Now, DJ Reader gone, Roy Lopez gone. He's from Arizona. He's from Arizona. Okay, that makes a little more sense. But like now Toddy has to step up, and I think he will.
Speaker 3: He went to Arizona. Oh no, Yeah, he went to Arizona and he's from Tempe Arizona.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe he's want to be home. I love to hear that he's fucking balling.
Speaker 3: I think that's part of it. I mean for sure, I mean they probably offered him the same money. He's like would I rather play in Detroit or rather pay my hometown for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have him for a revenge game.
Speaker 3: Thought out, what about what about a guy like Derek Barnes, Because you see that, I mean, he's going to be asked to do much more in this defense. He's going to have to step up and be the second best linebacker on the team. And we've seen him obviously, We've seen some high highs of Derek Barnes and we've seen some low lows of Derek Barnes. You know, he had an interception to clinch a playoff win. He got cooked by Jamis Winston on.
Speaker 2: A route right.
Speaker 3: Derek things. But I think I think with you know, Drew Petsing and his I mean with Kelvin Shephard and saying that he wants to run a little bit more zone, his relationship with Barnes. Using Derek Barnes as a blitzer, I think is where he is best and where you can get the most value out of him. And I could see that, like you got more backs on the field, you could send those linebackers, And so I think you can see Derek Barnes kind of have a career year when it comes to putting pressure on the quarterback and being that that fifth guy off of the edge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope so, I mean he flashed at times last year. I just I think he's here long enough. We kind of have a fair expectation of what he's gonna provide you. And I don't know if that's like enough to call it a breakout season, but I mean for him to be effective and have his moments. I mean, for sure he got to get five sacks last year.
Speaker 1: I'm mistaken.
Speaker 2: So uh yeah, because he's got a job of a sam right, Like you're the fifth man down. They talked a lot about doing that this year too as part of the defense. And when you're you got thinking about that, you got five men down, that's one on one, all right, unless someone obviously got two people else on hutch. But like, somebody's gotta win. And Derek Barns would create those opportunities or those opportunities to be created for him, and because that would capitalize, was really fucking good at that too.
Speaker 3: Like we talked about how much coverage we're gonna be missing from a but and is a damn good blitzer as well.
Speaker 2: He was he was Barnes will bit more on the line, But you're not wrong, Anzo was. He was a great linebacker. Honestly, he really was defensively. How about this name, and it could tie into another conversation from another player that we had on this prep sheet.
Speaker 1: It's one that's been hyped.
Speaker 2: Up in some articles. Thomas Harper. Hmm you got those numbers, Chris, Yes, I do, so I just uh let me put up here for myself too, outside of PFF. So just nine games started, was that two pds, one interception, seventy seven coverage grade overall or an overall grade?
Speaker 3: I apologize, PFF grade, Yeah, whatever that means.
Speaker 1: Eleven ninety eight pretty solid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's a top ten safs Like that's a PFF grade.
Speaker 2: And then he started one interception according to Pro pro Football Reference five pass deflections.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh.
Speaker 2: And it goes on impressive numbers. That's solid for sure, but we've seen I didn't felt that way. He had the game where obviously we felt that way the legion to whom, But like, how many more after that were like, oh shit, you see Thomas Harper out there today?
Speaker 5: Not a lot.
Speaker 3: But maybe that's a good thing. Maybe that is a good thing. You don't want to poke out. You don't want to be seeing defensive backs poking.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: You don't want to point out defensive backs too often. It's kind of like offensive lineman, Like, if you're getting your name called his defensive back, you're probably getting torched or you're making insane place. But I think for his case, it's better to not hear his name than it is to hear his name.
Speaker 2: Is he candidate for you for breakout player on defense? No, I'm pulling those numbers right now from PFF. Welly, I don't know Wise wants it was different, why do they have two pass breakups? And then because PFF sucks and what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Fuck PF bankrupt, poor poor.
Speaker 14: Poor brokeyro solid like if Harper's probably gonna be your starting safety, like you're starting free safety, which he said, but like Broke, what do we mean breakout?
Speaker 5: Can he?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, my my free safety play is very skewed because Kirby Joseph is the fucking man and that's who is normally is supposed to be playing free safety for us. But if we're talking breakout in terms of he could be a quality starter, I could I could buy that, but breakout and tournaments of like, you know, force a bunch of turnovers and creating interceptions.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: His worst graded game was against Green Bay. He had a sixty two against Dallas, which that's fair out off yea probably the best wide receiver. Seven against Pittsburgh, seventy one against Minnesota, sixty eight against Philly. These are actually all kinds of shitty offenses that he has performances up against some other than may thing.
Speaker 3: We're playing a bunch of bad teams next time.
Speaker 2: But he did have eighty seven against KC but only played seven covered snaps.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take him out of.
Speaker 5: My breakout candidate.
Speaker 2: Little for Geesy for Gazi there and those numbers, what about you provided context?
Speaker 3: What would the best breakout be? Who would they if you could pick someone to be the breakout candidate?
Speaker 2: Derek Moore, Yeah, Derek Moore.
Speaker 3: I mean what about Ennis Raikeshaw. That'd be nice too, But Derek Moore, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure, nice too. I just like we've been talking all week and last week too, and we've been there with shitty corners, and like, I think the guys are serviceable enough. I don't know, it would be nice to have a lockdown guy. I'm not saying it wouldn't be, but I know we could win with just those safeties healthy, you know. So it's like what helps these corners regardless too, is gonna be a pastor us. I'd rather take someone on the offensive our defensive line.
Speaker 4: I should say, yeah, I would either go more or I would go tightly, just because I know, I just know we need to be like a top five run defense in the NFL this year. If we want to be anything type of close to serious, we need to be top five for sure.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Rolder would be one two just because again, Malcolm's on the second contract. I feel like we've seen enough of him to know like what he is and like if is a serviceable Yeah it was, it tremendous. No, So like if we could you know, upgrade there, because again I think our weakness and run defense last year was at the perimeter and linebacker will linebacker.
Speaker 1: Specifically can be there to clean that up at times.
Speaker 3: So Bogie time, says Ruben Bain.
Speaker 2: Too soon, too soon, too soon, See he looks like a like an eighties player too.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be so good, dude, like he's just football guy.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be so good.
Speaker 6: Those edits from the draft were just like he's an actual mind.
Speaker 2: He's a freak.
Speaker 1: That's uh.
Speaker 2: That's when we'll be thinking about if he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be it one, we're gonna have to pay a close attention to.
Speaker 2: He's beyond the line with fucking Peter Veya.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, he's gonna get one on ones.
Speaker 7: Often those defensive linemen that just don't care what anyone thinks and are literally just there because they want to hurt people, like they're always good. Like that's just a whole different caliber of like mindset wise compared to offensive linemen. Oh yeah, yeah, Like there is no stopping somebody who doesn't care about money, who doesn't care about being famous.
Speaker 6: He's just there to like do a job.
Speaker 2: Just there to fucking ball. Scariest motherfucker to go against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's go to break, and I think we got a guest coming on, sir. That's what I'm walking.
Speaker 2: Tell us about, y' all though, easy, I'll tell you about they alldo, I center shot to my guy, y all at the y Aldo I center of picking people's eyes. All right, give yoloiser dot com Slash sixteen ninety nine, throw away the contacts, throw away the glasses, Save the money one time payment sixteen ninety nine to get your eyes fixed.
Speaker 1: Today, the hunting.
Speaker 9: Season is almost to here, Detroits, and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, COmON Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox.
Speaker 5: His leg yesday.
Speaker 9: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month?
Speaker 2: How do they like.
Speaker 10: Working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint plated business today with the pre pf app online or in club and start getting that big business energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 3: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit. And that's why I.
Speaker 2: Think it's cool.
Speaker 13: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and so if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that.
Speaker 13: Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability?
Speaker 2: And you know it also to me, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your Detroit and your lions are on the prows. You're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg yes day locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network, sports.
Speaker 3: Loom dot com. Go to loom dot com to find a Loom location near you. Use promo code WSN thirty, get thirty percent off of your order, get some of those new buzzing energy seven and a half milligrams th AC one hundred milligrams caffeine and the can go check it out. It's Loom cannap. It's find a Loom near you at loom dot com.
Speaker 2: What if they welcome back to whatever waits Live sports dot com. Easy must be morax. Young Chris Skywalker and my guy Rodney Walking shout out, longtime friend owner of Black Lenox. Yeah, we got you here because you have a special vin coming up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we got the Circuit Pro am coming up on July twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, it's dope, LESE.
Speaker 2: People know what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's second program. It's a program.
Speaker 15: We're doing two basketball games, one for women at starting at one o'clock and then another one for the men pros starting at three fifteen. They're all pros. So these are all people who've been overseas, who've played in you know, the NBA or wherever the you know they played at. They're all pros. And we got some dogs, man, you got some dogs Where is it at. It's at uh depths of High School. Okay, doors open at twelve ten dollars online right now.
Speaker 1: Go get your tickets.
Speaker 5: What's the website?
Speaker 15: We are black Aletics dot com.
Speaker 2: We are black letters dot com.
Speaker 1: Yep, we are black Aletics dot com. Read the League of the Chattoos.
Speaker 2: People show up that one one more time to date twelve.
Speaker 15: The date is July twenty fifth, this Saturday. Doors open at twelve pm.
Speaker 5: UH.
Speaker 15: The first game for the women pros are at is at one o'clock and then the men pros are is at three fifteen.
Speaker 2: Are any names that some people could be excited about that some people might be familiar with, like from the area or.
Speaker 1: Just you got man.
Speaker 15: You got Simon Wheeler that's coming. He was one of the high school phennes who you know, he went pro as well. We got a lot of women coming out, you know who are just they dogs? Man, they dogs. I'm working with two people who've helped me with this program. They've kind of been to like the program directors and Taylor Jones and Edward Carter. They're both pros and D one athletes, so they know all the athletes. I let them run it because they know all the athletes.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 15: I'm not too familiar with all the athletes. Yeah, but they run, you know, everything. So they got all these people who are coming in. Bro, it's about to get crazy.
Speaker 2: Man. It's uh yeah, you're good. You're good.
Speaker 1: It's dope because it's something like I've always talked about.
Speaker 2: We've talked about since like forever's kids, you know what I'm saying, have these tournaments stuff like that, and like growing up and like here you are, like actually doing it.
Speaker 15: It's the first one. You know, I'm gonna be there. It's dope, man, It's dope. You'all gonna be there.
Speaker 2: I'm pulling up for sure. Oh yeah, already know what you mean. Yeah man, I'm playing Actually you don't know. Yeah, Chris, I think like christ the team so okay, okay, yeah, all right, I might not show up.
Speaker 3: Is there any favorites right now? Like, is there a team where you're like, all right, there's you know you got you got the three dogs on the same team.
Speaker 15: For me, you know, for me, No, because I'm running an event. No, I'm staying out of that. I have no favorites. But we got the rapper GT. Shout for one of the teams. And then we got Daisy Lane, Los and Nutty. They're gonna also be coachd So shout out to y'all. I really appreciate y'all. Man, shout out to y'all for real. But they're gonna be coaching, man, and it's about to be dope.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 15: We got youth performers who performing at halftime. We got DJ Michaeh Marie. She's dope. She's gonna be DJing the event. The mayor is going to be there. Oh hell yeah, Mary Sheffield, her and her team is going to be there. So it's going crazy, man. I can't believe how all this stuff happened within a month. That's like, all of this happened literally, be signed the contract within a month. We've gotten all of this stuff, So.
Speaker 3: Why don't you tell us about how it starts. Didn't like how you got a roll in and how it led to this.
Speaker 15: So back in April, I wanted to do a one v one tournament, Okay, I just kind of felt led to do some type of tournament with black Letics. It just felt like the maturation process of black Letics.
Speaker 2: Just led me to this point black Lets is a real quick two action.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so black Letters is My company is an an athletic where company. We also do custom jerseys for sports clubs. And that's who we are.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 15: It's a black owned active war company that I started back during the pandemic in twenty twenty and six years.
Speaker 1: Later here we are probably still going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris, can you put the link in the chair?
Speaker 5: Put it in there?
Speaker 2: What did you think of the demo? Do you think I was out of pocket? I was saying that. Did you watch the extra video?
Speaker 15: I watched the commentary?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you say?
Speaker 2: I think I think word for word I could pull up there's an article somewhere, but it was like bro Force's way out of here just to split carries with fucking Woody Marks. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah you should see it because he had a one don't want bro the that was if you.
Speaker 3: Say that genuinely?
Speaker 15: And why are you catching all the smoke because Ben said the wampomp?
Speaker 1: Because I mean I was you started it. Yeah, I was like the main thing in the video.
Speaker 2: I mean it was plural.
Speaker 3: It was it was yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was a plural attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not dot you.
Speaker 15: I got your back, man, I got your back. Just say the word. Man, I'm just playing. I'm just playing. I'm just playing.
Speaker 16: Apologize, I apologize. I still meant what I said. I don't I don't think that was super offensive. But if you took off, uh, that'll be the effective.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all good man.
Speaker 3: It's blaming the wamps crazy.
Speaker 1: I blame that added an extra one to headphones?
Speaker 2: Can you show him the video? I don't know were you using?
Speaker 1: He said this live on the show.
Speaker 3: It was like he like, screener cord.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm gonna find to you.
Speaker 2: I mean, audience won't see this at a time, but just so you can see for yourself, because I just need something.
Speaker 1: You're you're very uh what's the word I'm looking for? What's the words?
Speaker 2: Even?
Speaker 1: Okay? I healed. Yeah, I'm biased, Yeah, I'm biased.
Speaker 3: Opinion.
Speaker 2: You had some real real conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, yeah, I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was anything malicious. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We talked about it. How it's like to get like upset about something like that. There's gotta be a little truth behind it, you know. It only really like we'll get somebody fired up if it's you know, if it's just some bullshit blah blah blah whatever.
Speaker 15: So why do you all think athletes get upset?
Speaker 1: I think they just did so one of them. Just as a public figure, bro, we see the worst of everything.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like people hide of mind burners saying that the craziest ship. And obviously he's more well known than us. I think he has seen tons of it, and I've watched the views he was talking about it, and we've always had his back. I can't do you don't feel like, I mean talking like myself is that much special. But I feel like getting it from us on top like everybody else is like the cherry on the cave.
Speaker 1: Like you guys right, because you have been riding for them hard for years, bro.
Speaker 2: And he hear that just yesterday on the show.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to ask a question like, as you you know, continue to grow this bread, like I want you to kind of like speaking to consistence. What's like the one on one or the player or like some type of three v three combination that you're like, you know what. I wanted to get to that level because I want I want to be able to see this in person. I want to host the event that has this matchup in person or just this person there, who is it for you?
Speaker 15: You know, to be crazy if we had Team Lebron versus Team Michael Jordan and whoever they wanted on the team, and that'll just be like a one day event where you got Lebron and Jordan just going. They teams are going because you can't have them go one on one. Yeah, you know, like one on one is the big scene right now. But if you had Team Lebron when they're both retired, so when Lebron hangs it up and they do, and Black Letters can sponsor the whole thing. You know, Lebron and Nike and Jordan bro.
Speaker 2: Mj Now you want to hop on the time machine. We got the time machine.
Speaker 15: But no, no, no, but not them actually going on on one, them picking the teams that they want and they coached the teams.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be tough, saying yeah, it would be tough. That would be crazy.
Speaker 3: That would be crazy because Lebron would probably pick what d Wade and no, he's just like Christian Thompson.
Speaker 15: I don't know if he'll pick retired whatever he was whoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but you've seen we've seen him j as a GM and it didn't work out.
Speaker 4: But Rich Paul is half the n b A, so he could grab.
Speaker 3: Lebron would definitely take and Anthony.
Speaker 2: Davis team any team.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I thought you meant they were playing on the teams and two other guys because you can't you len.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's fair, Okay, because and Lebron going on one for real or any other retired players like that.
Speaker 4: I'm ji bring back Kemba Walker, the only person in Charlotte could beat when he.
Speaker 15: Was the man speaking that into existence. Black Letters hosting Lebron.
Speaker 3: Versus Team Lebron versus Team MJ. That would be shick dope.
Speaker 1: We are black Legs dot com. That's the same website to grab your clothes to. Yeah, all of the clothes. Yep.
Speaker 15: I got the shirt on today. I have I wrapped the Black American Heritage Flag. So this is the necklace right here. The Black American Haired flag greated nineteen sixty seven by Melvin Charles and Gleason T.
Speaker 1: Jackson.
Speaker 15: I've partnered with the family who created the flag. Oh yeah, so we've been doing all types of merch, authentic flags, bandannas that I'm wearing right now, necklaces, graduation stoves have been a hit. A lot of people want to graduate wearing their you know, heritage, their flag. Yeah, and so it's it's been amazing, man, it's been a blessing.
Speaker 1: Since the flag. Are you familiar with that?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, Yeah nice six seven. Melvin Charles was when he was a kid, he was looking at a parade and he saw a lot of different Americans with their own, you know, ethnic flags. So you had the Cuban American flag, and you had, you know, the Jamaican flag, but none for Black Americans specifically, and so he took it upon himself to make his own flag, and he made the flag. The Black American haired his flag back in nineteen sixty seven, like I said, and it really didn't take its wings until about twenty twenty, twenty twenty one. So he passed away and I believe twenty seventeen, so he wasn't able to see what it is now. But the family, they are all acstatic just to see the legacy that their fathers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty dud.
Speaker 15: Their father has done it and the daughter. She's like my main point of contact, Joy Charles k. She's been amazing working with her. She's been you know, speaking all over, traveling all over. But right now our partnership has just been like we've just been operating like this, yeah, on all levels, like at a high click. And so my job with the Black American Heritage Flag is to keep its integrity. There's a lot of like dukes going around people making you know, replicas of the flag, being revisionists and stuff like that. So you know, the primary goal that I have right now is to keep the Black American Heritage flags integrity. So that's not only just you know, the meaning behind the flag, but getting the flags to the people. You know, because you get you go to some companies that people are ordering from it, they're not getting their stuff, and it's like, that's not me. If y'all didn't get it from we are Black Letters dot Com, I don't know what to tell you. But if you get it from me, you're gonna get your stuff. And so that's been like, it's just been amazing man to see you know, Mono Leo had it in her video and that went crazy. Yeah, it was it was amazing and Mono Leo was absolutely amazing with the whole entire process. She reached out. We spoke to her a little bit, and she's amazing. She's such a sweet person, so sexy. So line, Wow, yeah that one for sure.
Speaker 1: It's dope.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Got two things for you. One, we will play sports together. We play with TC.
Speaker 2: This man claims to have beaten TC.
Speaker 4: I mean, see what I mean about this guy? At first you throw Spencer the US. Now you tried to throw me.
Speaker 3: We're just two womps in the room. Chris, what year was this? Give us a three sixty?
Speaker 2: Hold up?
Speaker 3: Shaking as hold on?
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, you're shaking that No, So I was I was in I was in sixth grade. He was in seventh grade.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we were what he was? Yeah, right, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: There's no way you're crazy.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I believe Chris.
Speaker 4: I mean, what what would I have to lie? I know he knows him like that'd be that'd be crazy. As if I just like if I just double I did one on one. Yeah, we did a one on one. The score was eleven to seven.
Speaker 5: Did you was t returmined?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 15: We got close? Yeah, yeah, tc, just he tc. Man, he just did his thing. They had a good team. They had a really good team. I claim the fame is that Derreck Canson. Right, it was on the team as well. And I blocked his dunk, blocked this dunk. But no, we we got all the way. I don't know if it was like the final game before or whatever, but we got to them, and you know, they just just operated out a higher level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we couldn't really keep up. So but you know, Tyler has always been a dog.
Speaker 2: So and the lastly you told me, you say you came to spot takes ready.
Speaker 5: Off, we got you here.
Speaker 15: Well, first of all, I don't know how I feel about this whole David Montgomery situation, man, because that when I honestly, when I heard that, because you've been told me before like there was some you know something whatever it was going on. But I don't know, he like, I feel like what you said wasn't that harsh, you know what I'm saying. But then again, it's the timing of it, you know what I'm saying. But my biggest hot take in sports right now, Detroit needs the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Obviously. I think that.
Speaker 15: We need to get rid of this whole Bad Boys saga.
Speaker 3: We lean into like faul baiting and stuff he's saying, or just like the persona of it.
Speaker 15: Just trying to live up to what we were in the past.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: It's not you might be right.
Speaker 2: I mean the trade is stude. Yeah, it might be.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying, like you gotta you gotta because Kate Cunningham isn't like a He's a greedy player, right, he gonna get in on defense, He's gonna do everything that he needs to do. But when you think about like the Bad Boys era, I don't think he's not like that type of player to me, like he's gonna go and he's gonna give you buckets every single night, like he's gonna do the same thing every single night.
Speaker 1: You cannot stop them.
Speaker 15: But when it comes to that Bad Boys, I'm gonna file you. I'm gonna punch you in the mouth. You know, we're gonna get the whole crowd on our side because we're ready to fight, like some hockey type stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know, but I would only I would only push back on that slightly and say that like the pisses, Oh, the going to work pisses had a bit of DNA of the bad boys, they were evolved the pit. This Pisces, to me, has is more going to work pisces than bad boy pistons. Like, yeah, they got their toughness, you got Stu who's now Who's now gone, so you don't get them in the future. But I feel like I I feel like, if you see something that works and has worked across multiple generations, I feel like replicating that with adopting. I agree, you got to adopt it, but but taking that and adopting it in some way and like changing it a little bit. I think there's real truth in that. That's why I think I believe in this regime of pisses is because they're drawing from an identity that win. Now they have to change it a bit, but I feel like if they if they keep it like that, then they'll be good.
Speaker 1: But what did that change look like to you?
Speaker 4: I mean, just playing more the more of the modern more of the modern game, like leaning into the three point shooting a bit, like running the like I mean, the actions in place that they're running aren't necessarily the same as that, Like they don't have a rip Hamilton just running around, running around, running out, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 4: Like it's a different they're still playing a different style basketball. They're they're physical, but that's about all. That's about all they are in terms of like related to the Bad Boys. I think that's the way to go is I'd be a physical team.
Speaker 3: I do think I agree. I think you should carve your own type of identity of what what your team is. I don't think you like trying to walk in the shadows of like legendary teams from your own franchise is most of the time doom for failure because like, you know, we we got you know, Caid, And you want to talk about Kid and Isaiah, Like can Kid be Isaiah? He's got to win a couple of chips, but he's definitely right there talent wise. But you don't got you Joe Dumars out there, like so it's it's tough to kind of live up to that. So I do I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think they should.
Speaker 3: They should try to carve their own niche and be who they are rather than try to kind of force the Bad Boys angle.
Speaker 1: A little bit and I think they kind of are.
Speaker 15: I think they kind of are with like a certain times for being out there, Duncan Robinson being out there, like those type of players, I don't necessarily think I would have seen them on a Bad Boys Pistons team. They're so niche, down to what they're supposed to, you know, do specifically, so I don't. So that's just kind of like how I feel like over the years, and I've been at this Pistons fan my whole life, like mine.
Speaker 1: I remember being in two thousand and four.
Speaker 15: I was in fourth grade and I sat at my bed in Detroit and I was about to keep the stats of the Pistons game because I just wanted to feel like I was included some way, somehow, like I've always been. And Tshon had always been my favorite player, Tashawn and Chauncey, they had always been Chauncey's swag. Man, it's just mister Big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. But that's how I feel, man.
Speaker 15: I feel like we've we've done, We've done all that we should have done with the Bad Boys era. Now if we can find something, because you can even see like we're constantly going back to the old Jergs and all that stuff, trying to like relive this, you know, this type of or embody, this spirit that we had at once. But we can still win and not claim to be the Bad Boys.
Speaker 1: You know what I saying.
Speaker 15: I don't think there's anything wrong with the whole Bad Boys era. Don't get me wrong. I don't think there's nothing.
Speaker 4: Wrong with that.
Speaker 5: But it's different.
Speaker 1: It's a different games, just.
Speaker 15: A different game, you know what I'm saying. You've got a different team, Like Kay Cunning is just a different player. He's a different leader, you know, on the floor. So that's just my hot take. And then also I feel like when the Bad Boys, especially like the Four Pistons Five Pistons, when they got when they got in that Bad Boy era and they were like really you know, getting gritty, they played better like Rashee Wallace, you make him mad, you give him text, he's about to play better us when we get mad now, it was like it just started doing, gonna start getting real crazy.
Speaker 1: So so that's just another thing I don't think.
Speaker 3: And that ship fly anymore, like back then, you could be doing all the pushing and shoveling and ship and you just you're fine. You move out the next play you shove somebody. Now you can kick it out of the game.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's flagrant too, And they reviewed it for two minutes and then yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't hate it, but not at your Tournament's right, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, tournament.
Speaker 3: Before you get out of here, let the people know what you got coming up?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 15: Circuit pro Am Detroit hosted by Black Letters. It is going to be at Depsa High School on July twenty fifth, Doors open at twelve pm. We got Alternatives for Girls who we are partnered with. They are a nonprofit women's shelter. And then we also have Autism in the D. They work with kids with autism. They're trying to build a sensory gym for kids with autism. And so part of the proceeds are going to those two companies, Alternatives for Girls and Autism and the D. And then we got a couple of different vendors that are coming out. They're going to be, you know, selling their merch or whatever the case is. Black Letters would be there selling our merch the Black American hair, the flag would be there, and then the two directors. I have to shot them out, man, because without them, this entire tournament is not happening.
Speaker 1: This entire prom is not happening.
Speaker 15: Taylor Jones and Edward Carter like, I'm telling you, man, all the work that they have put into this time and time again, you know, And because I had told I told them about this maybe about three months ago, about what I wanted to do, right, and they were like, all right, just let me know as soon as you get you know, whatever venue signed, just let me know. And it had just been like trying to get this venue, trying to get that venue, and people were saying no, and people cancing last minute, then contracts being signed it then it's been crazy, man. But God has saw you know me this entire way through, and it's a blessing to work with people like that. So Taylor Jones, Edward Carter, I love y'all. I appreciate y'all. This pro am would not be happening if it was for them. And I'm excited to see some really high level basketball. I want people to come out and see high level basketball up front. The tickets are only ten dollars to see professional basketball up front. They're gonna be able to see how they get their shots off.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, yeah, three on three too, it's five.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's five on five.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, it's full core.
Speaker 15: And I think Depster has the only NBA regulation basketball court in Detroit for high school. So it's a full scale, you know, NBA pro basketball.
Speaker 3: Curry Range Street, Curry.
Speaker 1: Range three all day.
Speaker 15: Man, And they got some dogs on the women's see man men's team. I was watching their highlights of a lot of the players. I'm like, man, I couldn't keep up with these people. Tell you I can keep up with them, like I'm a casual. So if you're prime, my prime, No, absolutely not. I have no ego at all. Like these guys are amazing, man, Like I can't. I can't do nothing. I feel like if I would have no, I ain't gonna. I ain't even hold you. I can't keep up with him.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 15: Could have got one guy name Jordan Young, and he I saw he dunked over like a seven four or sixty five six three. It's like all these people lined up and I'm like, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I can't do that.
Speaker 15: So yeah, it's gonna be dope, man. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Shout out, we appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming on the Absolutely we are Black Letters is linked in the chat, and make sure that Saturday you get out and see the tournament. It's gonna be a great time for great calls and raising money for some great tanks. So appreciate you joining us. All right, let me tell you guys about amnesia. Shout out the Amnesia Switch. You can find it at any location around Detroit. They're all over the place. It's two different flavors of liquid THCA diamond in a single device, so make sure you go check it out. Find a dispenser near you and ask him for the Amnesia switch.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, COmON Row, first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox.
Speaker 5: His leg yes Day.
Speaker 9: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 5: Sports.
Speaker 17: It's game on at artin Jake's wings, Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail. Wall to Wall TV's great service that keeps your crew coming back. Art and Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 11: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops big on refreshment.
Speaker 12: One's great two even better brewed with you and money, no shortcuts, no fuss, big.
Speaker 11: On flavor, never too much. All day IPA hop into Easy.
Speaker 5: For more Detroit.
Speaker 9: Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams. All season long. You'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: I had a frustrating night last night with the stuff going down the former Detroit Lion Love Him Dearly kind of shitty situation, so much so that I forgotten my backpack at Art and Jake's. My boy Gordo came through, dropped it off and I had a smoke amount with the Gold Crown, the one and a half Grand Quad and Fuse Keith coated Live Resident Fuse TC diamonds and turpenes all packed and the one we broke peace shouting my guy Gordon for dropping off my backpack and shall gold crown next him in it spensery, don't think, just ask, get gold crown and smoke like royalty awsome. Let me talk about the massage chairhouse. My guy, doctor Duncan Holt down the corner Woberd Long Lake Road where has a large massage chair showroom this side of the Mississippi. Also, if you guys can't make it in, I know some guys listening out of state and whatnot. You know what I'm saying, Man, I be by the corner of Wilbert and Long Lake Road.
Speaker 1: Go online. He has a number massage sare of you you know in the world. I mean the world to me.
Speaker 2: If you guys go subscribe hit a like say hey the Heavyweight sent us, Hey what do you think about Dave Montgomery beating up easy do whatever.
Speaker 1: You guy do, will support those support us?
Speaker 2: Check it out? What if then walcome bite whatever its live? Which sports dot com eas you must be more ractional? Chris what skywalk in the building. It's time for our mail bag segment.
Speaker 3: Get your questions in mail bag, get some stories in, get your mail bags in there, get your mail bags.
Speaker 2: I had one that thought I should have told you guys, but a mail bag. No, no, no story.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how I never told the story.
Speaker 2: I told my story. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I met up David last night. We threw the hands.
Speaker 2: See I still look good, uncared, just playing. Maybe at twenty five and give myself a chance David.
Speaker 4: Beat the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I said, hey, y'all, but I said maybe.
Speaker 1: I said maybe at twenty five and give myself all right.
Speaker 2: Professional athlete, because like the get them on the ground, Okay, people have trouble getting that guy in the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough humans, professional struggle to get him on the ground.
Speaker 1: But I want with him anyway.
Speaker 5: I got again.
Speaker 1: I got love for David. He's a great father.
Speaker 3: Mail bag from Dundata. If you could take an internship in any part of the Lions organization, which would you choose Dan Campbell? Like, I'd be Dan Campbell's personal assistant. That would be the internship out one.
Speaker 2: That'd be social media.
Speaker 4: I've always wanted to be like front office any sport like front office.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Front office.
Speaker 3: I'd be Dan Campbell. I'd wipe the sweat from his brow like I would be Dan Campbell's personal.
Speaker 4: Easy would just be the demon on Bradhall's shoulder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Mail Bag did some digging on Helen Keller today. Honestly, I think she was lying any thoughts on h kss the away fan.
Speaker 2: Helen Keller is a fraud, absolute fraud, absolute fraud Tomorrow's show.
Speaker 1: I just want to apologize to Helen.
Speaker 2: I'm like, she's a great father, respect her as a man, man god, I think she.
Speaker 3: Could split the backfield with Montgomery.
Speaker 2: Or you'll always be a fan of her on and off the field. Yeah. No, Helen Keller is a fraud for sure. I don't I don't agree with what she did. I'm sure she.
Speaker 3: Did some cool stuff because she's supposedly blind, deaf and dumb, right or she just blind blind? Okay, um, that's the Wizards, that's the pinball Wizards. That deaf, dumb and blind kid.
Speaker 4: Sure plays pitt and ball.
Speaker 3: But like if she was blind and deaf, I'm sure she did some great stuff. If somebody let her fly a plane, they should be fired. So it's either like everybody was telling, oh, you're flying the plane, Allett, and like she was just like standing on a milk crate in the backyard with air blown in her face. But you know, I digress. It was either very exaggerated or she thought she did all that stuff and she's just getting like what if she gtad that ship?
Speaker 4: She just snatched a play.
Speaker 2: You're getting debo by a deaf blind woman.
Speaker 4: You better hit the gym, brother the fuck wire the heck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got you got bigger problems.
Speaker 2: What's the cosm in Detroit that's coming? What is that like a stadium?
Speaker 8: That that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the screen thing.
Speaker 1: We got it, We got it.
Speaker 2: I want to do one of those so bad videos that would be pretty sweet. They look that real from like phone footage. I can't imagine what it's like in person. It's like the mail bag they got downtown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you guys gonna get a clab with the new cosm place opening up in Detroit? Have you's got to bless that place once it opens. Joey's in talks. I will say that our guy, our guy, Joey Namu's in talks. So everybody, if you want to do us a favor at Cosm, on Instagram, on Twitter, wherever they are, and be like Wiobard Sports, Wiobard Sports. You need Woodbard Sports there you guys easy to fight David Montgomery line.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm joking. I'm joking.
Speaker 3: That's so.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed this is this in your chat too?
Speaker 2: You see this is got a Chinese sign that says it says fat Drama club and then Watch. Yeah, it's American Grandpa Joe, I know. But look at it and I wave my my mouse over it and turns into Gordon Club.
Speaker 3: Drama Club Gordo. That's what it says in mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I watched Watch when I take my mouse off, Wow.
Speaker 3: That's pretty. I don't know, know that's cool. It's not cool.
Speaker 2: It's weird completely. It's just fat drama and hers Drama Club Gordo, like hang Gordo, fat and dramatic. No, I think you just said. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But maybe the hair, the hair because he's yeah, he's in the back sitting, Okay, okay, hair is popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just shows up different on mine.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, whose side when Neil be on tomorrow easier Monty, Monty, for sure.
Speaker 3: No, Neil hates when people ask out. He'll be on your side unless if.
Speaker 2: He does, Neil's gonna do anything to get the people on his side.
Speaker 1: That's how Neil.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know man Neil. Well, yeah, but I don't know he really he really hates when people.
Speaker 1: Ask out yet Stafford, Yeah, check.
Speaker 2: Larkin, Grant Hill.
Speaker 1: Is he disrespect Barry, No, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: But it's because Barry didn't play somewhere else, and like Calvin didn't play somewhere else. They just retire.
Speaker 1: That's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 3: If Neil does take Monty side, that means he hates you. That's like, that's a solid principle of Neil's that.
Speaker 2: If you ask out, I don't want you anymore.
Speaker 3: Like that's that's he he stands by that. So I would assume that he would be on your side.
Speaker 2: Uh A J asked, easy, would you fight Demo if he wanted to fight you? If I was getting paid for it? Celebrity celebrity boxing match.
Speaker 1: I used to I used to, you know, do little kickboxing, But like he would be as.
Speaker 3: He would definitely be your ass he'd beat my ass too. Jordan Taylor with a super chat what up? Heavies A buddy of mine thinks brock Right is better than Sam Laporta at everything thoughts. Your buddy has a crush on brock Right. Listen, I like brock Right.
Speaker 2: You gotta get him a sobriety guy's gotta have a sit down with that going on.
Speaker 3: He's blind chef and Helen Keller like, is your buddy Helen Keller? Listen, I like brock I think Brockwright is a very good tight end. He's a he's a good blocker. He whatever his name's called upon in the passing game, he normally takes care of business. Sam laport is an all pro like it's I don't want to disrespect brock Right because I like Brockwright.
Speaker 2: This is what you need to do first foremost, call his mother, no, no, no, call his girlfriends, his girlfriend, just to make sure everything's all right. You know, have you been keep an eye him. It's been out late at nights doing drugs.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: And if you don't trust like her answer even the vibe that is coming off with with a wamp womp, call his mom. We gotta get down to the bottom, Like, what the fucking with your boy? Yeah, that's crazy, and he's blessed you didn't name drop him, to be honest with you, that's crazy. Spendy and easy versus Monty. Who wins give us a championship. I'd give us a chance. I take two on one.
Speaker 3: Two on one is such a big advantage for like, but he's still super Yeah, he would just I mean, I feel like.
Speaker 18: He could just like like if he's just like running back and forth, just like, I mean, it would literally win. Like if we were in a fight with David Montgomery. The only way we could win is if one of us like grabbed onto him and got him down.
Speaker 2: But he would just be trucking both of us. Yeah, can't do that. Yeah. The only thing gives me hope is ap can't fight a Yeah. Also would not want to fight Adrian Peterson. But god damn it, how many times y'all watched the guy ass? It hurts my heart every time. He has lost quite a few, like a fucking average size, like poking.
Speaker 3: He lost a fight to Jeff pretty much. Yeah, Yeah, no offense, Jeff, no fench Jeff. But that guy, I'm pretty sure I got his Mexican too, so like, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Got I mean not to be racist, but he looks, Hey the Mexicans got chins. That's Mexicans can fight, for sure.
Speaker 3: I would love to have it if I if I'm in a fight, I see Mexican's got my back, I feel instantly better.
Speaker 2: Chack remorse shakeure Morris is, I want we're sports to shut up because they're always wrong and never been right, and they always speak straight.
Speaker 1: Bs. That's a factual statement. Yeah, it's just that you just pull that one out of your ass, right, how's that c J g J going.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be a twelve year old, So it's been Yeah, we appreciate you, skim Rist and I hope you have a great day or I hope you know your your sixth grade semester that you're going into next year. I hope you do well.
Speaker 2: You're right, I actually apologize. That's probably that's probably good. Probably be better than me. Yeah, probably change. That's gotta be a kid.
Speaker 3: He also said, I bet David Montgomery can whoop you all as I bet that too.
Speaker 1: I mean we just said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you probably can't appreciate you. Jordan Taylor again went to super Chat. He said he's He also says Kevin is better than Dunk, that one is at least like arguable Kevin Herder. Yeah, like, hey, Dunk, Kevin Herder is not a better shooter, but like he's a better defender and probably a better, you know, better finisher. Finisher for sure. He's not scared to dribble. No, he's not scared to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And me looking for fucking passes was starting to crack me up.
Speaker 2: He was like he was actually genuinely scared to put the ball on the floor. It was kind of it was kind of too.
Speaker 3: Much, mates. You gotta relax, man, stop writing fan fixing the chat. Brother shot Leo, shout Leo, appreciate you, brother. Well, well that'll do it for us today. No hands getting thrown, No fights with David Montgomery squashed, beef beef squashed for Easy, for Skywalker, for Gordo, for Rodney, for black Lettox, for Chris. I am Spencer with the heavyweights, and we'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Peace, Save the best for last.