Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Taelsee Tech podcast. Ladies and gentlemen. We've been gone for a couple minutes. Thank you for your patience. Randy gets his own square.
Speaker 2: We have to share one.
Speaker 1: I have crashed Mike's house. He's asked me to leave many times, but I'm still here.
Speaker 3: I got Drew to leave my house, but not without a parting gift of his double USBC brick thing. First.
Speaker 2: You know, somehow I knew you were going to bring this up.
Speaker 3: D Uh when we said finale, I wasn't thinking a year.
Speaker 2: But it's not a year. Has it been a year?
Speaker 3: Almost eleven months?
Speaker 2: Just like eleven and a half months. It's not a year.
Speaker 3: Come on, I feel like, uh, there is so much to talk about in I mean, hey, the beauty of waiting eleven months, we now all there's no there's no dead space. We have so much to cover for twenty three we'll probably miss something.
Speaker 4: So I got my ultra, Randy got his ultra. Drew, where's yours?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I gained this. Since the last episode, we all have a new watch.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: If you are listening on a podcast Apple, you're watching on YouTube. If you are not tracking us outside of this specific uh uh medium. You should really follow some of us or go subscribe to the channels to catch up, which are.
Speaker 1: On completely different platform.
Speaker 2: You have to follow me nothing. Randy's no longer on Twitter. I am only on Twitter, so we're on the different It was.
Speaker 3: Completely Uh, there's no more tellors of tech channel, there's no more anything.
Speaker 1: All gone throwing off because of the desk.
Speaker 2: His arms are going over the three D effectveshol of the It's.
Speaker 3: Really welcome to the artificial intelligence they didn't want you to know about.
Speaker 2: I'm getting that. What's that Google demo? No, this is that service.
Speaker 5: iOS twenty six, the spatial depth thing.
Speaker 2: Oh right, so it's called twenty six.
Speaker 3: Where do we start? Well, first of all, before we even start, Hi, guys, I missed you.
Speaker 4: Hi Raandy, and I can tell you trying to kick him out, and for everybody to the people who have pinged.
Speaker 3: Me NonStop for eleven months, the band's back together. The gangs are here, reunited. You could stop saying we need to have this conversation on the podcast.
Speaker 5: I got it for the last time yesterday.
Speaker 3: I said no more. We are doing this.
Speaker 2: Bags streets.
Speaker 3: So much to talk about it. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should probably go in order. What was like the first thing that happened with Apple this year.
Speaker 4: Was the first thing that happened last time we were on Is that you left your device at Randy's place.
Speaker 3: That wasn't.
Speaker 2: That wasn't. No, we did a couple of remote ones.
Speaker 3: But the finale, I remember holding a candle saying, Mike, you're fired. I haven't done Trump in so long, it's not even.
Speaker 4: We were alive last time we recorded.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Carter was alive. Wait, no, was he alive?
Speaker 5: That guy was still living? And about the cyber truck, I think I've hit all the checks.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's actually a good reason to be and everything else in that company so.
Speaker 2: Much to catch. I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 1: Oh I do remember, because I was in LA when it happened. Uh m, four MacBook air.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Carter passed away December twenty ninth, twenty four, So, yes, that was right.
Speaker 2: He died with the finale.
Speaker 1: Oh my, it was probably directly because we didn't continue the show.
Speaker 4: So is it confirmed that Jimmy Carter's back? Since we're back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got up the high pad. Since the yeah, last, what is that.
Speaker 2: You have the finess? This one's better.
Speaker 3: I feel that one is, in my opinion, I think better, But so many people want us to fight Drew, and I don't know what you disagree?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh sixteen E six E? That's right?
Speaker 2: That was this year. That was a phone. Do you remember that? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's similar to this because it has one camera on the back.
Speaker 2: So I have a sixteen?
Speaker 3: Okay, before we battle battle the minds? We I'm really As you can see, guys, we didn't actually prepare notes for this, as we always don't. We had since when do we do that? Dub dub?
Speaker 2: Did we disagree on sixteen? Is that what you were bringing up?
Speaker 3: I remember people saying you and Drew need to talk about this because he has a different stance. I always twenty six is another one.
Speaker 2: I think that's where we probably differ.
Speaker 3: But you can start there. Just hit the ground running and beat the hell out of each other.
Speaker 4: Randy has more skinning the game than I do.
Speaker 1: Well, both of you are rocking. I'm sorry, Which thing do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: Mike has a seventeen pro and Randy has a seven. Oh you guys got the same case.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel nice.
Speaker 4: Better though, because mine's either a Ninja Turtle or Master Chief.
Speaker 3: Yours is just clean minus clean and I on this. Okay, but you have the iPhone Air and I saw you review the pro So.
Speaker 2: There were those. I threw them away. They're in the Oh it's very expensive.
Speaker 1: No, I returned them and they didn't check the boxes, which I thought was very interesting. I'm not saying which Apple store I went to, but the employees were very young. I want to say nineteen twenty years old, iOS twenty six then.
Speaker 2: Years old.
Speaker 5: Unready emails older than them.
Speaker 2: You emails.
Speaker 3: Not on my old email count the one I don't use anymore. My AOL Yeah AOL dial up is gone. That's what we missed.
Speaker 2: It was here? Was it around? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just like Jimmy Carter? What what are you even talking about right now?
Speaker 2: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I want to go into okay sixteen E were you four or against?
Speaker 3: Four? Dang?
Speaker 2: Okay. I was hoping to move on.
Speaker 3: Actually, now that I know the rest of the year, I'm against. But when it came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there was no mag safe.
Speaker 3: When I asked people that I felt like it was targeting for they don't use max safe.
Speaker 1: They use cables, and they use lightning cables too, But that doesn't mean we keep lightning around, right.
Speaker 3: Well, that's been a few years now, We've had enough time to transition that. But mag safe is an option, not a necessity. A cable is a necessity. Oh, this was good. This was good.
Speaker 2: I just I'm doing Henry cavill.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 2: You just grew a beard doing that?
Speaker 3: Yo? Am I tom cruise because I'm short, I'm sure. But also since the last podcast, I lost like fifteen pounds and maybe a black I heay, thank you. Hey, nothing in the universe has ever gone or lost. It's just transferred.
Speaker 2: I think that's how that works, transferred.
Speaker 3: All this watching Mike, you'll get the other fifteen Okay, wait before you already get this.
Speaker 4: Fifteen every fifteen pro macs.
Speaker 3: Hey, before we continue with the sixteen year whatever. I just gotta I'm curious because I see you having some white stuff in your ears, Drew, did you keep the AirPods Pro three?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Woo, everything, you know, everything went, everything went back because I know in two months I'll be able to get them for much, much cheaper on Amazon, So no need to pay full price. I think they went on sale before they launched on Amazon, so it was like, well, shoot, I was gonna pick them up, but I already could have waited. But I'm also a sustainability for because tech user, so my intention is to use these until they stop working because they're fine.
Speaker 4: So lucky you. I'm rocking beats now for ye haven't followed me?
Speaker 1: Whoa, he's fully committed to the orange here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, orange orange.
Speaker 3: Are those the beats that have the little wings that go in your ear? Yes, your ear right now?
Speaker 2: They're really well hidden. Actually your hair covers them up.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lighting.
Speaker 4: I would equate them to the old ear pods actually in terms of sound quality.
Speaker 2: The old ear pods. Yes, so that's not a compliment.
Speaker 4: I would say they're they're good for what they are. But going from air pods Pro to them, there's a noticeable change. Even though that they have a n C like feature, it's not as good in fact, like it would prey U be me turning on and I can still hear like air conditioning going. It's just slightly quieter versus AirPods Pro, which like subtracted entirely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the transparency, a n C.
Speaker 1: Stuff they do is unbelievable, the third gen especially, I was like, these can't be twice as quiet.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make strange hear my heart beat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, doctor strange, but.
Speaker 2: Uh but yeah, they're all right for what they are.
Speaker 4: They hurt my ears after a couple hours, which is good because I shouldn't have them in all the time. But the battery life is pretty good to where I don't have to take them out because the battery is low compared to the pros, which I felt like I was always putting one in, taking one.
Speaker 2: Out, checking one out. They love to die all the time, for sure.
Speaker 3: I wish I loved anything in this world as much as these things love to die. And it's not even close.
Speaker 2: Such a good quote.
Speaker 3: You guys miss me yet.
Speaker 2: Are you rocking the new ones? Randy?
Speaker 3: I am so glad you asked, Mike. I am who I am? Rocking the air Pods pro with lightning. If it wants to focus.
Speaker 2: I feel like a grandma. I can't see anything.
Speaker 5: I know it's not focus.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I thought you upgraded everything this year.
Speaker 3: I'm like you, Drew. I am waiting for them to go on sale because I am a maximalist on minimizing my payments.
Speaker 2: Maximalist.
Speaker 3: So nobody told me I when I talked about AirPods Pro three, I was confused on something and I still didn't get corrected. And you're my wiki source here. When did the Lightning Pro twos come out? Twenty nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: I don't know twenty one, I believe.
Speaker 4: Wow, you're trying whoa, because that's why I got mine.
Speaker 1: Grock is the second gin No, No, wait, I remember when the first gen came out.
Speaker 3: That was twenty nineteen, twenty nineteen, because I got pots pro dang it.
Speaker 2: I should know that it was twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: I had to be twenty twenty because I had them before the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I never the.
Speaker 3: Version before this that didn't have the speaker. I wonder why my autofocus doesn't want to hear anything.
Speaker 2: Wait, so it has the speaker and Lightning, Yes, sir, I don't know when that camp.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a really dumb way of finding this out. I'm going to be a role and I'm going to scroll says.
Speaker 2: So many dog photos.
Speaker 3: It says. Here's what it says. Designed by Apple in California. Why do you have assembled in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a lot of stuff to twenty twenty two is when at least that's when I exported the b roll.
Speaker 1: So that's my best bet because I have reference that many times, and I always choose the clips that don't show the charge poort on the case because.
Speaker 2: If you showed that, you couldn't tell the difference between This wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: If Apple would have just freaking named the first gen USBC AirPods pro Gen threes and then these would be these would be forced. This would have simplified so much. But now Randy is like, you can look at the bottom of this case and still not know exactly which gen it is.
Speaker 4: Right, I guess I was thinking, mind that didn't have or the speakers.
Speaker 2: So it must have been the one. I believe that was Gen one.
Speaker 3: I had Gen one September twenty twenty two. They were announced September between the b.
Speaker 2: Roll folder work.
Speaker 1: That's a good fact checker. How big is the b roll folded? I'm just curious. Two hundred gigs right there?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, so you're rocking the old ones. You're both waiting for Amazon or whoever to give you a great deal, right, I.
Speaker 3: Will pull the trigger. I mean, worst case scenario. The deals normally drop the same time that holiday window opens up for through December, so I will be.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you guys, Uh, here's a tech podcast exclusive.
Speaker 3: I will be picking up the iPhone Air when it goes into the holidays windows so I can actually thoroughly live with it to see what the.
Speaker 7: Hubbler is all about. Respect I predict he won't keep it. I agree, okay, is that.
Speaker 3: I protect I'm not going to keep it, and.
Speaker 4: Then he surprises all this including himself, by keeping it.
Speaker 3: So no, this thing is amazing. I For years I've wanted an aluminum pro and Drew and I, despite our differences, I can't agree on one thing to the grave. Aluminum is the better best material for heat dissipation. Wait, aesthetics, if you want to have multiple colors, Mike being the example with the cosmic orange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are you guys liking it?
Speaker 4: I just want orange.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do that now.
Speaker 4: I had a white fourteen and I'm like, I kind of want some color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you put your camera back in frame for me? Real quick Cortana. I need to know that's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, speaker, what if you miss pro?
Speaker 2: I need a weapon.
Speaker 3: I need a cosmic orange. Honestly, Drew, if I'm being honest with you, Drew, I suspected that you were going to actually upgrade to this one because the fifteenth to the sixteen was literally not noticeable. Is the button that we all hate.
Speaker 1: It was very lame, and I regret making the upgrade. I should have kept the fifteen feel very.
Speaker 3: Fifteen to the seventeen on the pro lineup, in my opinion, still kind of pushing it. But I feel, especially for you, Drew, I feel that front facing camera does wonders.
Speaker 5: Dude, I love that thing.
Speaker 3: My my current setup of how I kind of rock with the thing. I would have gotten the base model seventeen just for anybody who was wondering is the color?
Speaker 4: But you just make like three or four videos saying why I'm not going with the regular one.
Speaker 8: I'm going with keep talking, keep talking, I'm just thinking what it just talks to each other.
Speaker 2: Oh he's bad, Oh it's still Oh you bought a second copy. Good job you had to get that.
Speaker 4: Well, no, he had to get his own version, because of course you can't part with the one that his wife was getting.
Speaker 2: M So I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: For there's got to be a good analogy for all the tech reviewers who all kept saying the exact same thing, which is, everyone should get this phone. This phone is perfect, this phone is great. I'm not going to get this phone, but everyone else, Well.
Speaker 5: The thing is, uh, telephone, it's great.
Speaker 3: I've been using I've been using telephoto the daily and I film I'm pulling a te loas of tech and ev here and I film on on this primarily. And I like the ability of stripping that artificial sharpening that you could do just by going to uh log to or I don't know what the difference between log and LOG two is, but but doing that with the h g VC codec is still a small file. So I'm able to actually like crank out videos pretty quick in trans and air drop them relatively quickly video wire. I totally get why you've done it with your with the since the fifteen pro, I see why you've done that now, Drew, I'm like, oh, this is actually like low key fun, the same reason why I've made the iPad Pro the main computer for me because it's fun. Filming content has become fun and I get excited to put out a video daily because of this little uh sucker. And I keep experimenting. You made comments about my lights. I'm experimenting with formats and stuff like that. So as a creator, the Pro is the first profone that feels like a pro, whereas for everybody else, the base model iPhone is the best value that you can get for any of it, which is why my wife got it. And the Air, I don't know. I don't know where that lines up besides your review that I watched. I don't understand what the Air's function is when it's next to the iPhone seventeen base model, which is why I want to live with it for at least a month. Yeah, at least through the holiday season, so I can better understand it, and then I can, you know, formulate the opinion. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm going to be sticking with the seventeen Pro.
Speaker 2: Okay, perfect.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed holding the Air when you had it, Yeah, I remember you were.
Speaker 1: You kept saying, I'm impressed by the design. Yeah, I don't want one, but I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: Ie flirted with it for a little bit.
Speaker 5: I'm like Apple in a nutshell.
Speaker 4: All the camera was it sixteen or eight or twelve lenses?
Speaker 1: It's like having fifty seven lenses in your pocket because you can zoom in.
Speaker 2: At like fifty seven different intervals.
Speaker 4: Right, So still slightly blurry on photos by the way, I take photos like this looks a little bit better than the fourteen, but.
Speaker 3: You're holding it wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you Carter have to do with this?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good question for the panel. Why do you think Apple made the air? What's the rationale behind it?
Speaker 4: My theory is that they're gonna put two airs together, okay and make a fold, So it's.
Speaker 2: Purely a manufacturing exercise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think the air will still be around when the fold comes?
Speaker 4: Well, they can't eliminate all of them on earth, so yeah, they just they take them all back and crush them like GM.
Speaker 2: It'll be great, ev one. Yeah, they're at least.
Speaker 5: Why I don't want to work with GM, that's right.
Speaker 3: I was like, there's a reason why I don't like them. I don't care what they do with the bolt.
Speaker 4: That's a conversation for another podcast, and you take that name.
Speaker 2: Out of your day.
Speaker 3: Okay, j John Turner, that's his story for another day. Are soon to be next CEO?
Speaker 1: You better be careful. We gotta yeah, we gotta respect the turn us. He's taking over soon. I think turn out.
Speaker 3: Turna wait, wait your turn us.
Speaker 2: So we gone back to the sixteen we kind of jumped.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking about the phone now that I'm over the sixteen E.
Speaker 5: That that was first half of the year problems.
Speaker 2: The question was why did Apple make the air?
Speaker 3: That was a question, and that was the question.
Speaker 2: You know your your explanation. Do you agree, Randy? What's Randy?
Speaker 3: I do feel it's not solely an exercise of manufacturing, but I do think that's an element is to gauge one the stressors that they do on the back end to produce these things as well as and not just like four I'm talking. I'm talking about that too. See one x uh, the.
Speaker 5: The plateau, the housing of the plateau.
Speaker 1: I went and saw that coming one with the sixteen E and then one x months later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: That that feels like the iPad.
Speaker 3: That feels like the iPad when they did thirty pen and then six months later, lightning different.
Speaker 5: So how often do you guys think about the Roman Empire.
Speaker 2: Daily? One? X is my Roman Empire? Put that in the sixteen? I don't care. It wasn't read the Roman Empire in the sixteen? Yeah, I don't care. So do you think.
Speaker 4: It's an exercise in manufacturing but also partly facilitate.
Speaker 3: The C one partly there there because this is the first I believe this is the first device that's completely all in house with connectivity. Everything's done in house, and the air minus, like some of the aesthetic or compromises that they went with, is a Gen one stress tester, which like the like the regular or the OG two g iPhone or the iPad. There was things. There was a lot of noticeable compromises with the first product, but then the second one was instantly like that. So I do believe that we will get another iPhone air at least one more year. I don't know what happens after the twentieth anniversary. That part is up in the air, but I do think we'll get it again next year because typically under at least Tim Cook's reign, assuming he is still around by twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: No product only has a one year life.
Speaker 3: So even if it knows is not performing well, we had twelve minis, had one fourteen, fourteen plus, fifteen plus. Uh actually deven did sixteen plus. Even though things he's selling well, I said, the mini's already they had. I know, we got to have our thing.
Speaker 5: Let's put it.
Speaker 3: Put our listening ears on children.
Speaker 1: It's been so long, I'm rusty. I couldn't even remember when air punts Pro too launched.
Speaker 5: I'm like, and you're the apple sheep you.
Speaker 2: Every day. I don't even have a seventeen like the rest of you.
Speaker 3: Who is this poser?
Speaker 4: I've been tying the guy in my house this whole time, and he's not leaving.
Speaker 3: I do think, I do think that the air is a precursor is a folding phone though, So yeah, for all things considering, that's I think. I think the lineup is going to look something more like iPhone fold, iPhone Air, iPhone Pro, bas iPhone number and I think that's what that's more or less going to look like and env But now I guess in twenty twenty six we're not going to get an iPhone eighteen that was that's if the rumors are true, that the deployment of that is going to get pushed to be more aligned with the iPhone blank E and then the base model of the same blank however.
Speaker 4: Blank Everyone's kids just perked up right there.
Speaker 2: So that's a good theory. Though.
Speaker 3: The fall, the fall timeline, in my opinion, is going to consist of a fold, an air and a pro and then from anniversary something or whatever more again that that's that's.
Speaker 2: My suspectly expensive iPhones next year for the holidays is expensive. The only one that's expensive is the base one. The Air will be the cheapest one.
Speaker 3: I okay, yeah, do you guys think here's my theory, and I want your guys to feedback. I think the Air is going to be the new standard. That's going to be the new iPhone uh out the way iPhone ten became iPhone eleven ten are as well. But like I think the design language of how thin it is and everything's done in the house, the Air will have its air and then you'll have the iPhone take on that form factor no different. Then there's really no difference between an iPad AIR and an iPad when you do a side by side from aesthetics, a loan I think that's what's gonna start happening with design language, and the air is launching pad to that, and assuming all goes well with all these reviewers who aren't keeping the phone, that that that's that's what we're heading with it, and it's it's gonna be so synonymous with Apple being luxury, jewelry and everything all things that is make it Apple tax that they'll take that form factor and then make that part of the fold as well. So I think that design language will exist for the masses and the pros will continue to just be pro by design function over form.
Speaker 4: I think people are going to be riding the streets over losing six to eight lenses on their phone.
Speaker 2: That's lenses that's.
Speaker 1: Off right, That's another way of looking at it. So does that mean the base model would be titanium?
Speaker 2: That feels wrong? I know, I don't. Maybe it won't stay No, maybe no.
Speaker 3: I don't think it will stay titanium. My brain went to the iPhone ten R that.
Speaker 2: Was illuminum, but it wasn't that. It wasn't so thick.
Speaker 1: I feel like the titanium is kind of key to hitting that thinness.
Speaker 3: I suspect aluminum. Maybe they'll incorporate whatever new design is happening here to a certain caliber where it's so sturdy. I don't know. Bending is their focus point when it comes to a thicker A thicker profit margin is what I'm trying to get at. I don't feel like I don't feel like the aluminum by like where I'm getting asked, you could not bend the twelve Mini and the thirteen Mini, and those were aluminium. Those were the smallest, and those were your most potential. The plus size aluminums also weren't really bendable if you try really really hard. Yes, more susceptible to bending than the titanium of the air, but like you really got to get in there and be a Jerry rig Everything.
Speaker 4: Or whatever it was in the days of the iPhone six.
Speaker 3: Are done.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for the plastic ones to come back. The five E is the c Yeah, bring that back with the new air. Oh that'd be cool. Yeah, I'd like that more color. That's my whole thing.
Speaker 5: So stay on that trail with me for a second.
Speaker 3: Do you guys, do you not believe then that that form factor will take on the base model iPhones as well? You think it's just going to stay as the air then or what do you think?
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 3: I don't ask questions.
Speaker 1: My suspicion, knowing how Apple tends to do things, is kind of how the sixteen E phased out the SE. Remember how we kept expecting the SE to come back and then it just went away in favor of Well, but this one's so much better. It's O lad, it's face I D. There's no more.
Speaker 3: Homebody Apple intelligence.
Speaker 1: It's got a I right, but it's all so like two hundred dollars more. My suspicion is that there's gonna be too much overlap in not twenty twenty six, but in twenty twenty seven. We're allegedly getting the eighteen regular and the eighteen E around the same time. So like one will be one hundred and twenty hertz with two cameras on the back, and one will be one camera, maybe no mag safe and no one hundred and twenty herts, and there will be such a big price gap between those two that most will go for the cheaper one because the most people are stupid, And then the regular base model will get phased out, and the idea of having a sub one thousand dollars iPhone with a dual camera. My guess is that's gonna go away, and they're gonna slowly inch up the pricing ladder and just the E will will stick aroun but not the regular, So you'll have long term you'll have like iPhone twenty pro, twenty pro Max.
Speaker 2: There will be an.
Speaker 1: Air maybe if people keep buying it, there will be an iPhone, a folding iPhone which I think they'll call Ultra, and then the regular model will just become the E and it'll be one camera and it'll.
Speaker 2: Have sixty hertz and then we'll be back in this. Why does it have to be E? Economy efficiency?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but why have the either that's so unclean? Just nothing after it?
Speaker 1: Just because then you have to say regular or base anyway. Yeah, it's like if I said, if I said, oh, yeah, Mike has an iPhone seventeen, but that's technically not true.
Speaker 2: You have a seventeen pro yea.
Speaker 4: If I don't have a seventeen Yeah, but if I could.
Speaker 1: Refer to it as he does not have a seventeen E, he has a seventeen pro. Oh, that's technically like fewer letters and syllables than saying base or a regular, because that's what people come up with their own suffix. Anyway, if you don't attach one to it, people will say.
Speaker 4: Like subtracting range from the word standard range.
Speaker 2: So standard, yeah, exactly, the base the regular. Yeah, so now you're adding something instead of subtracting something.
Speaker 1: I just don't see a scenario in which, like we get six iPhones a year.
Speaker 2: No, that sounds ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I don't think something's gonna get phased out. Either it's the air or it's the regular. My guess is it's going to be the regular, and then the E will stick around. Is the cheaper model.
Speaker 4: My oppression is that the E just comes and goes as it pleases. Okay, I think that's just the Christmas special that comes not on Christmas.
Speaker 2: Kind of like this, yeah, okay, sorry, what you're gonna know? You're good?
Speaker 3: You're good, You're good. I feel something is going to get phased out, but I think it's going to be the Promax.
Speaker 1: Oh god, please know that's the best selling pro a bigger one.
Speaker 3: The one that takes its slot is this new twentieth anniversary folding, Like whatever is happening that's going to upsell because here's my thing. Here's my thing. Apple has gone this long without price increases, and I think we're going to get a jumpin price the way we did with the iPhone ten. And I think it's going to be a fifteen or seventeen hundred dollars or even a two thousand dollars iPhone. I believe the folding iPhone, this ultra that you might want to call it, is going to be the.
Speaker 5: Priciest one because it's the most versatile, and I feel people who go.
Speaker 3: Towards that are the same demographics that go towards the pro maxes. And if you drop the pro max for something that's giving you just as much more screen, real estate, more battery, more everything, then that's the one that goes away. So now the lineup would looks something like iPhone nineteen, e iPhone Air, iPhone, folding whatever, and I phone fro.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, my Apple sheep muscles are slowly coming back, because I here's why I disagree from what's been from what's been rumored of the harder of the folding iPhone, it's not going to match the promax in camera it's rumored to be on the folding model, an ultra wide and a main but not a telephoto, and it's rumored to have a fingerprint scanner on the side, not face ID.
Speaker 2: I like that, so some.
Speaker 1: People might prefer that, but it's kind of a toss up on you know, which one, and I think most of us would agree the folding iPhone will probably be the most expensive, right, like, yeah, you've got double the screen.
Speaker 3: I am wholeheartedly inconvenienced in that the unification of software is to prep for this folding phone that's going to do an iPad os iOS combo, while we eventually want to get these wearables that are going to mimic Vision Pro but not in Vision Pro, just be Vision os Light. So I think what's happening is all this software is converging to where if the design language is the same and the interactions and how you engage with it is more and less the same, then the hardware is the only true variable. For the most part, you have the twenty to twenty five percent of like, oh, well telephoto, if you want an Apple pencil, if you like, There are outliners there, but for your your your main drivers here, I think with the software being so all unified, the best Gen. One test subject will be that folding phone to see how that works, where we might get Apple's version of Apple Decks or what if they call Stage Manager or whatever they want to call it, and that's that's going to be the all in one device that people have begged for for years that Apple.
Speaker 5: Is like, yes, now here you go.
Speaker 3: There is virtually no difference between iPad os and iOS except the fact that they want to give all of those Mac like features to the iPad os and it only makes sense when you have a bigger screen, real styere. We have multiple windows or multiple apps or whatever you want to call them, and all the things that they've been testing out now with iOS twenty six is laying that foundation for habit and repetition and getting familiar with it. So when this folding phone comes out, that is that's the new and what I feel is going to be the new Pro, but not call it a PRO because we associate pro with camera battery and up until this year promotion. Now Pro to me is all things GPU with as much cameras that you could throw at it, chalk it out, make it the best battery possible, do everything that you can on the Pro that compromises off form for function. But the folding phone is that design is not just how, it's how you use it.
Speaker 5: The form is the function, and the function is the form.
Speaker 2: With the folding fits how it works.
Speaker 3: It just works. And honestly, I think if John Turnas is really in my head slightly still thinking about this new CEO thing that's happening, I don't think anything that we're familiar with over the last ten years with Apple will function the same way under this new leadership. And I think that's too Apple's I think that's the betterment of Apple and how they do product releases and software releases and stuff like that, because I think we can all agree the hardware has for a very long time been on points. Software is what's been lagging. Sorry Craig, you're not gonna get the job, but hardware has been fiity and take that same energy and trickle down to services and everything else like that too. That's the Apple. I think that's the vision of new innovation we will see, and it really has to just do with how we choose to engage with all these devices. Apple Watch will be exactly the same, no changes on the Apple Watch.
Speaker 1: Every figured they've figured it all out.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to add.
Speaker 3: They figured it out seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Drew, mm hmm, oh, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I think you're wrong because for the exact reason you're not gonna rock a base iPhone seventeen. We're gonna keep calling it that while we can. You want a telephoto lens and guess what, the folding phone's not.
Speaker 2: Gonna have.
Speaker 3: Never say never, maybe not the first gen. I really feel like, uh, I don't think telephoto is as important out of all the lenses. But yeah, but what.
Speaker 1: But you're not rocking the base model for no one specific reason.
Speaker 3: To two specific reasons, Apple logue, telephone, the log. I use telephoto more way wait, wait, way more. The only time I ever used log is when I'm making the content and so block out an hour of a twenty four hour day. Everything else is telephoto.
Speaker 2: But people get log on the folding phone.
Speaker 3: That's something worth considering. But here's the thing, Like I I, I feel the sensors are just gonna keep getting improved to where telephoto won't be telephoto, it will be this uh.
Speaker 2: Seventeen lenses, periscope, periscope.
Speaker 3: I feel like the we can only you know true depth, optical we can only do that right now, we stay at two for everything because everything's forty eight megapixels, but that we're peak megapixels at this point. Everything has a to function for each lens ultra wide, macro wide, ankle two x zoom, which for years was telephoto. Then you have telephoto and you have bigger telephoto, and all of them are in increments of two steps, so point five times two.
Speaker 5: Now you got you're moving up one one to shoot or.
Speaker 3: To eight, and then after eight it's all just straight uh digital zooms and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: There's nothing to optical about it.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like Apple can do anymore with the cameras now, and that's intentional, as we are ending this era of iPhone.
Speaker 9: This is whether you like it or hate it. This is peat dad bod. This is the optical father form for mail.
Speaker 3: And I believe that we can't we can't use all my body. We can't do any more with the cameras. So where we make those improvements is in all these fake zooming capabilities that has some post processing, a pipeline that it goes through to you know, have be lossless. Blah blah blah blah blah blah, who cares. I don't think you need a telephoto the way we're using telephotos now. I use the sucker so I can look at the top of mountains and stuff like that, not because let me get that good portrait shout of you. That's what the main sensor is for. That's ninety nine percent of people who have that stuff. One of the other one percent is people who live in Colorado. You were going to say something and then yeah, what's up?
Speaker 4: Like, Oh, I was gonna go the whole different path. I was happy that you said you're wrong. And here's why he's more entertaining than what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I do. I do still use my telephoto, which is a five X, not a.
Speaker 2: Four which is not what the new one is for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a four X, but it's a forty eight megapixel four X, whereas mine is a twelve megapixel five X. But most of the time you're not taking what do you call it full res uh res max? What the the option you'd go in settings where it actually takes a forty eight megapixel picture.
Speaker 2: Usually you can do it with raw, but it's not exclusively braw.
Speaker 3: No, you're talking about heath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Max Heath, max heats.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 2: H E high efficiency image.
Speaker 3: No, h E.
Speaker 2: I c oh codec. It's one of those.
Speaker 1: Oh go ahead, I will say, especially when I'm at work taking all kinds of pictures of.
Speaker 2: That's a wonderful photo at work. A specific road like this is probably a good example. Yeah, this is the telephoto. I think I saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a portrait mode shot. If people Boka doesn't like it, there you go, thank you, Mike. But I personally think the Boka portrait mode shots look best the further away you can get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you taught me that the other day. Oh yeah, we were at the I haven't used portrait mode ever. Was like, have you heard of portrait mode?
Speaker 1: I'm like, now, because there was a stack of pumpkins. We were like, we were there with our wives. It's like, let's get pictures. But yeah, but it's like, how do we get the pumpkins to fill the entire background when there's a lot of people and we can't get too close or whatever. It was like, well, you just back up a ton and then zoom way in and now this small thing that if you tried to do it on the one X lens.
Speaker 2: It would have looked lame.
Speaker 1: It would have been like, we're standing here, here's a tiny pile of pumpkins behind us, and then a parking lot.
Speaker 2: But instead you narrow the what do you call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, focal compression. Thank you, Randy, And that came out great. Those shots were someone did a very cool so side tangent.
Speaker 4: I was scrolling Instagram the other day and someone was doing a really neat thing with that. Or some viewers or listeners might know this, or I've seen it. This guy's on top of a mountain and like there's another mountain way far away, and then he starts kind of pulling it in.
Speaker 2: Like he's got a rope on it.
Speaker 4: But what the cameraman does is he starts like pretty much hiking it backward as fast as he can, back pedaling while keeping the guy in the shot, and then changing the field of view so that way that the mountain goes from really far away and starts coming or appears to start coming closer and closer and closer, like the guy is pulling it.
Speaker 2: With the rope.
Speaker 4: So that was a really great demonstration.
Speaker 3: Of how that works in one of his music videos where he's he looks like he's growing and he's shrinking to the background of what's happening.
Speaker 2: Well, go back to the Jaws movie. Isn't that the original?
Speaker 1: They're like they put the camera on a dolly and as they as they move the No, as they move the camera away from Rob Schneider.
Speaker 2: No, it's.
Speaker 1: Something the protogonists. They zoom in simultaneously and.
Speaker 2: It narrows that depth.
Speaker 1: And it just it's trippy. It's a good effect. But all that to say, I guess my running thesis is I don't think the folding phone's going to replace the Promax because I don't think most people are going to prefer it, even though in many ways it will be like the best of the best, because.
Speaker 2: It's got two screens, and it's got touch Idea again, and it's got ipedos or a version of it on the inside. I think that.
Speaker 1: What's really taught me to be skeptical is when I've reviewed folding phones in the past, people don't want to have two different ways of using something, and that's why the landscape home screen has died. Like on the iPhone eight plus and seven plus, he used to be able to use it in landscape. They got rid of that. And also, vertical video is booming these days because people don't even have the energy to do this.
Speaker 2: No, that's too much work.
Speaker 1: They would rather be on their phone this way and just scroll and have the video be optimized for this orientation, simply so they can avoid doing this. So the idea that people are going to get comfortable unfolding.
Speaker 4: I think it's for a different demographic. But you do have a point with the fact that now on the seventeen pros there's now a square sensor in there.
Speaker 2: Is it on the regular as well? Yeah, they all got it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so instead of being rectangular, square, so you don't even have to turn your phone sideways for a selfie.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's another example. It's like, that's too much work. Don't make me do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, just hold it vertically, which I thought that was the same case for the back camera sensors.
Speaker 2: But oh, that would have been cool. You can do it.
Speaker 1: And I remember pitching that I probably don't have the video ready, but I remember.
Speaker 3: Go away back, I remember right here, Drew right.
Speaker 1: I just remember there was a time where I hated vertical video with a passion, and I was like, oh, yeah, I was making a phone. I would make the sensor square so that it would be impossible to film things in vertical.
Speaker 2: This isn't exactly that. The opposite, Well, this is like you.
Speaker 1: Can switch to landscape without having to move the phone. My idea was that if you film this way, it's landscape. If you film this way, it's also landscape. If you don't want landscape, screw you.
Speaker 4: I did that with my wife and I said, did you know that's why I did?
Speaker 2: And she said, no, what did you do?
Speaker 4: I'm like, look now it's wide viewer, it's landscape.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, okay, same story here.
Speaker 3: Did you film or take a photo photo?
Speaker 2: That's my film? Oh?
Speaker 4: Is it more dynamic if it suddenly goes to video.
Speaker 2: No, it's the same.
Speaker 5: It's still square sensor.
Speaker 2: It's still square.
Speaker 1: But what was handy was, as you could probably tell, I've been filming in the car a lit no what exclusively and not having to hold the phone like this as I was recording. Yeah, I could actually just hold it like this and it's still landscape. That actually felt more comfortable and more natural. The only problem was I kept wanting to look at the viewfinder, and it is much more noticeable when your eyes aren't looking at the center, when they're going down to the center of the phone, whereas this way.
Speaker 4: It's on the same. There's no difference. Sorry, there's no distance between.
Speaker 2: Not vertically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, left to right a little off if you're recording a video of yourself on the store.
Speaker 4: Right now, I look at Randy than looking at us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like a slight, slight difference. But when it's vertical, it's.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, guys, you know you're looking way down here, and it's more noticeable. But I did like it.
Speaker 1: That one time wasn't enough for me to justify keeping it, because sixteen promacts is still going strong, and more importantly is on iOS eighteen.
Speaker 3: Oh here we go. The monkey is saved the best for a last.
Speaker 2: Hey, gotta be more. I made to be fair.
Speaker 4: I was the OG in this because I did not upgrade.
Speaker 2: From you never iOS seventeen, or you were on seventeen and then you went straight to twenty six.
Speaker 4: So many versions of iOS.
Speaker 1: It skipt like nine generations, but which I appreciated because so many people told me, don't.
Speaker 2: Go with the new iOS.
Speaker 4: They ruined the photos app, and then now I'm on twenty six and actually, to be frank, there's not much of a difference between iOS seventeen and iOS twenty six.
Speaker 10: I don't know if there's ever I don't know if there's ever been a difference in your mind, then if the difference between seventeen and twenty six isn't that big, there is no big iOS update.
Speaker 2: Yes that's Apple.
Speaker 1: Mike could go from like iOS four because that's as old as it went nerds all the way to twenty six.
Speaker 2: And be like loser.
Speaker 3: A bad joke.
Speaker 1: It wasn't called iOS back then. Oh they used to call it, Frank, it was I think it was called OS ten.
Speaker 2: It was just on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, Steve Jobs, at the first iPhone on nailing it was iOS.
Speaker 2: It was iPhone iPhone OS.
Speaker 1: But at the very first unveiling you can fact check me, he said the iPhone runs OS ten.
Speaker 5: A modified version of OS ten is what he called it.
Speaker 2: Very slightly modified.
Speaker 3: It's as slightly it's as slightly as we modify iPad os. But the reason why he said OS ten is because iPad os was not a thing yet.
Speaker 1: So oh no, I wasn't the thing until after he commit oofed commit oof what fruit he breathed with fruit cancer here.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't want to get demonetized on my dead channel.
Speaker 3: I am so cute. So what the the analytics are going to show out of this?
Speaker 2: So anyways, you love iOS eighteen?
Speaker 1: No, I still hate it, but I don't get more than Sorry, Craig, how do you like twenty six?
Speaker 3: I enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Good, Randy? I like the bubbles. Do you like the bubbles? Do you like the glassy feel?
Speaker 3: I love it everything about iOS twenty six everything, huh everything?
Speaker 2: So bound, go ahead, go ahead, very.
Speaker 3: Ask me put me in a category. I love it.
Speaker 2: I just showed Mike that you can like swipe through things like that. Sorry, just making sure.
Speaker 5: You are gonna have you guys are gonna have a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm just going through modifications.
Speaker 1: So I think this is what people were asking us to fight about.
Speaker 3: Okay, starting with the.
Speaker 2: Lock screen from the top, use case you got a side with Randy.
Speaker 5: You can move, you can move all the all the compilations.
Speaker 2: At the bottom.
Speaker 3: I'm trying it out. I'm even doing it with the watch. I'm I wanted to see what the impact on battery was going to look like and I don't notice anything. So I figured, it's this is my first promotion with always on display and everything, why not go crazy with it. But custom was.
Speaker 2: Never about battery life.
Speaker 5: It's about it is about this rude off.
Speaker 1: It's it's that when I shut that screen off, what I see is a reflection of myself knowing that this is an extension, not an accessory.
Speaker 2: Sorry I'm quoting too much. Job.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, Alfred and Alina, do you have the power of the sun in the palm.
Speaker 2: Of your hand?
Speaker 3: Look at you all grown up?
Speaker 2: With iOS twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with iOS twenty six. So so the lock screen, starting with the lock screen it has the carousel, is a better use of space. Now you can move all the compilations down to the bottom, which now you can actually have compilations and depth of field with the timepiece, I use a mountainous things. So you know that is pritty purpose. It's a filler. But uh, everything about the device now when it when it goes to engaging with it feels it's it's the second version of iOS seven. It's the second coming of iOS seven. Go ahead, and I know there's a joke in there. Grab it.
Speaker 2: Seven plus seven is not twenty six. Now six will always feel weird.
Speaker 5: It does really that there.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't like about iOS twenty six, the name, especially that.
Speaker 2: It was unveiled that dubbed UB twenty five.
Speaker 5: Which was in June. We weren't even halfway through the year yet.
Speaker 3: What day of June, early June, it doesn't matter, you're not halfway through the year until.
Speaker 2: July could be a leap yer.
Speaker 3: Still July. I like, I like the oh wow, yeah, you know what, screw it, let's let's just gloves off or just god.
Speaker 5: I like the updates to AI that is on this phone.
Speaker 2: What did they change with they?
Speaker 3: I I don't know what is happening on the back end because I don't use it. But it's it's less, it's feeling less beta. In regards to the notification summaries, it doesn't botch the summaries as a whole. I actually get like relevant information off.
Speaker 5: Toggle that sucker back on.
Speaker 3: You can use the you can use the new content. You don't have new products.
Speaker 1: I genuinely hate the notification summaries. They irk me to my core.
Speaker 4: I like anything anything, and sometimes it's good.
Speaker 2: Other times I.
Speaker 1: Don't trust it, and it makes me actually more paranoid. It makes me want to read the message more regularly. I'm like, what is what did it really say? What is it trying to say? I don't believe it? And then I read it, I'm like, oh, there was a bunch of context that mattered with punctuation and with timing, and I'll oftentimes give me a super vague summary that makes me more nervous.
Speaker 4: So if I send you Bob Bob Steve, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not gonna it's most likely that's not gonna even get summarized. They'll just summarize because because it needs it needs some context to like, uh, to give you a summary of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it needs something, but no, especially with UH, you know, for the first time in many years, Like I have bosses now that text me quite a bit, And when I get a text from them and it's summarizing it, like I get weird. Same thing with emails, it just makes me go, what did that really mean?
Speaker 2: What is it? And then I have to go in to check it. No, that was not a good summary.
Speaker 1: And then I find myself reviewing the summaries constantly of just like, no, I can't trust this one.
Speaker 2: I can't so I genuinely.
Speaker 3: When when and when was this?
Speaker 2: This wasn't recent, No, this was when it first came out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say turn it back on for a day or a couple of days and just run within see because it's from my LA. So that's that would be very interesting to see. Is it an iOS eighteen slash iOS twenty six upgrade or is it that the beta is just getting more refined everything that I get for summer. I love the filtering that's in iOS twenty six. For text phone calls spam, I don't get any of that stuff no more.
Speaker 4: Mind I'm on hold when I'm not on hold, which is very entertaining, or says, do you want us to tell you when you're not on hold anymore? Press this button? I never press it.
Speaker 2: Because I'm I will.
Speaker 4: Tell me that I'm not on hold anymore, and then oh I waited fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: I don't make many phone calls, so I don't know about the holding. But I get a lot of spam and the filtering system is out the gate day one on boxing the phone is s tire I love and I love that it over filters because some people I don't really care to see their text.
Speaker 5: Too if I have them saved.
Speaker 3: But it automatic enough.
Speaker 2: Why you haven't answered my text?
Speaker 3: Okay, right back when I in May of twenty twenty five, when there was no sorry, it was debata, say, if you have a contact saved, it's going to bypass all the filters and come straight to you with notifications for the text or phone calls or voicemails or whatever. But verification, garification codes not a thing. Those aud it has been getting deleted. But worse than that, it's.
Speaker 2: Like he is on fire red interruption, So notifications. I'm using the breathe app.
Speaker 5: Honey me, we just got furloughed.
Speaker 2: Honey, Apple is suing us.
Speaker 3: I got another leak video coming soon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and this is a review unit too, boll.
Speaker 3: Not from Apple. It ain't sponsorships don't count. That didn't come from Apple. That didn't come from everything.
Speaker 2: A review unit now? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, me, just sorry. I didn't buy this. Apple sent me this, change my mind, put me wrong?
Speaker 2: Whatever, Oh boy, okay, I'll turn it back there.
Speaker 3: I would say, just just give it.
Speaker 6: A try, give it, uh, run with it for a couple of days and see if you've knowed an improvement.
Speaker 3: For hours.
Speaker 4: So I was making note of it's nine to twelve exactly right.
Speaker 2: So we'll see how long it lasts.
Speaker 3: We will rally back next time we record next year, and we'll see if that worked.
Speaker 2: So as soon as we end the show, it's going.
Speaker 3: It is done. So the filtering system I enjoy a lot. I like, I like the updates to the photos app suck it drew, and I also.
Speaker 1: Go on an older version. This is what I did. I picked up an old iPad that was on like iOS fifteen or sixteen or something, and I couldn't believe how easy the.
Speaker 2: Photos that was to navigate. I was just like, Wow, everything is just in one place. It's still simple. Still.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope is on You don't see what has seventeen or something. I'll look into that. I don't think it's on eighteen iPad mini, so I'll see.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is your Also, I like settings.
Speaker 3: I like what the third party apps have done in conjunction to have that symmetry with the design language of iOS twenty six, so I haven't I don't use Twitter, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: But Instagram does nothing.
Speaker 5: Instagram looks refreshed and cleaned and just more minimized.
Speaker 3: I'd say the the the banking apps that I use took full advantage of like having uh new series shortcuts. Evidently I didn't even know that was like a thing. So I've been looking into that. Uh and I think, and it's risky banking with my city shortcut.
Speaker 2: Just trying to think of what I would use a shortcut for in a banking app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the banking app for me, I get a soft pull on my credit through Navy FED and I can I can be notified, for example, my mortgage for this property. The loan got transferred to a different lender, so an account recently closed today, and then my credit score shot. It's funny, the moment I stopped caring about a credit score is when it got really good. I'm like, Okay, that's a key.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh that's that's that's uh sus right there.
Speaker 4: But uh negative the bank credit?
Speaker 5: No, oh, get them get them out.
Speaker 1: Having a wonderful time right now, it's not loading anything.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's the thing. Listen for me. All my bugs I've experienced all year with the iOS eighteen are all rectified, specifically the autocorrect UH issue. I would be typing and they would just fill out a word, and there was so much typos for the last year. People actually thought I I have been taking the tism pill Thailand. All people thought I was because I my text looked terrible. And now it doesn't have this auto fill thing that's happening in Iowa twenty six And I haven't changed Jack.
Speaker 5: It just did it by itself and fixed it.
Speaker 3: All bugs and crashing, just weird bugouts that I would get from even just loading like Pitcher and Pittron on YouTube. On iOS eighteen crashed all the time, not on iOS twenty six. All my crashes that I experienced basically daily fixed and that if there was nothing else but under the hood things, I would say iOS twenty six was worth it, and it was worth it for me. And what the weird thing is other people have had inverted responses. They loved iOS eighteen because of house move it was, and they hate how buggy iOS twenty six is. And that just blows my mind that we that we just live on the same earth where that's happening, and probably right no there some of them are saying that they're running at the time iOS or not sorry, iphoned sixteen pro like they have the latest and greatest anything from A fifteen to forward. If it has a USB sport, if it has a USBC port in it, it should give you no issues. But I don't think it has anything to do with RAM. I don't think it's because I got twelve gigs. RAM that now is like oh animations more fluid, or whether the case may be, I won't know because I don't have a phone that has eight gigs. But I'm pretty sure my iPad pro does. And I love iPad oles twenty six. I love mac Os twenty six to everything all this, this has been the cleanest, most stable software release for me, and I liked. I just like the refresh look for the sake of it. It could be completely superficial in all aesthetic space, and it will make so many people happy for the sake of Like there, shut up, don't look at don't look at Apple Intelligence. Here's all this clean stuff the future.
Speaker 1: You piss off a bunch of other people who didn't want it to change and just wanted their phone to work well, the phone so.
Speaker 3: Called bloomers, and they'll be dead soon.
Speaker 1: Literally, people I work with complaining to me will be dead soon exactly.
Speaker 3: But the thing is change, Change is inevitable. That's the point I've been trying to like just make in at least in my sphere of tech stuff that like you will have to upgrade eventually. You can kick and scream. Change is inevitable. And if that means there's certain things that you have to relearn some stuff, that's the price you pay for getting free software updates.
Speaker 5: We take some time to learn some stuff and you'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Relearning is not that bad. But choosing a design language that actively slows down the older hardware, that's where it's not like you got to relearn some things. That's more like we decided it should look like this, and because we decided that now you need to upgrade sooner than you would have otherwise.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I can't. I can't. I don't have my own experience with that because my oldest device is the MacBook Pro and that runs smooth. So I can't say nothing with that.
Speaker 2: You're like, that's a you problem with that.
Speaker 3: I am aware. In your settings, you can turn off a lot of these animations. You can even turn off the glass and make it more frosted, and you can have a more stable use case if things are lagging, because I don't know how an iPhone eleven is performing in these use cases, like I would suspect terrible. But people who are on iPhone eleven or twelve, in my mind, those people don't upgrade software or hardware like they just stay with what they know.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people who did and now regret it and wish they could go back. But I just feel like if it could perform and get way better battery life with those settings turned off or down, it should do that by default to just in that update, because not everybody's in their grandma is going to know how to go into accessibility and look at the frosted settings slider and make liquid glass ice or whatever like we'd well, I'll.
Speaker 4: Just do the same thing that video games to these days. Do you want to optimize for performance or for stability? There you go, and then that's at the beginning of the game, right is you choose either you want very pretty but might peach or yeah, very pretty but might be choppy or looks meah but not choppy at.
Speaker 3: All, and that's or train when you get a new device it happened on all my devices, or when you update to iOS to my six for the first time, there is a tutorial screen where they let you start tinkering with some stuff, and I hear you, Mike, maybe they should be more in depth about more tinkering things.
Speaker 5: But I am aware that you.
Speaker 3: Can set some stuff from the offset when you get a new device or you upgrade to iOS twenty six, because I had to go through that three different times.
Speaker 5: On mac, iPad and iPhone, so I maybe that's maybe that's it. Maybe there needs to be a way.
Speaker 3: I hate the fact that they throw out the tips notification. I mean, get that out of my get that trash away from me.
Speaker 2: But I didn't have that happened to me.
Speaker 4: But that's probably because I switched to de SIM and I didn't switch anything else besides number, which is very fun. By the way, thanks Verizon for making it a headache. But otherwise, yeah, them, Frontier and every other company that they own awful, awful, But no otherwise I'm kind of in the middle there, Randy, where my experience has been stable except three or four times I could count. I guess my hands where it's bugged out, either on the lock screen or I.
Speaker 2: Tried opening that and then it just didn't.
Speaker 4: But it's not so much to where it's like, this is a very unstable software package, but at the same time it hasn't been immutable for Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you update your iPad?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Do you want me to now, Army, that's take too long.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna it's gonna take like forty minutes. You'll watch it.
Speaker 3: I I'm not saying too I don't. I don't really care what you do. I'm just curious if you had because that's that's the twenty twenty one iPad Mini, right.
Speaker 4: I'm graded to eighteen seven to one. Oh, he's on seventeen, eighteen six whatever.
Speaker 3: I need to see the photos app offline to see what Drew's talking about if it's actually you know, because I part of my brain tells me Drew Drew is living in the past with nostalgia and he thinks everything looks great.
Speaker 1: And uh, I don't like eighteen to be clear, but I just I can't go seventeen.
Speaker 5: Back when I was a YouTuber, things worse, things worse, decent.
Speaker 2: Back when No, it's just I'm afraid.
Speaker 1: I've heard too many scary stories about sixteen pros that perform horribly after the updates, And I'm like, wo.
Speaker 5: So do you also you suspect it's the device. You don't think it's the software. Is the device then?
Speaker 2: No, I think management or something like. Okay, it's the software that's optimized to run on this hardware, but not this hardware. So it makes this.
Speaker 1: Hardware run hot and laggy to make me want to get this.
Speaker 2: That's what it feels like to me.
Speaker 3: If it got addressed in a point one or point oh one or whatever, then you're like, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I will update when I have to when they make me.
Speaker 3: What does that? Okay?
Speaker 11: So so so you don't like the aesthetic of iOS twenty six, No, it felt too I don't know, as usual says everything best because she comes in from this like non nerdy perspective and she just looks at something in the first glance.
Speaker 1: And the first thing she said when I showed her iOS twenty six was it feels like a kid version. Feels like everything's just like more playful and shiny, like a kid's toy.
Speaker 2: It's like, ooh, look at the lights.
Speaker 1: Look at the refraction, and ever since she said that, I haven't been able to unsee it. It just feels like the GPU and everything's working overtime and the renderings are kind of over the top and is a shame because I did really enjoy the hardware on the seventeen Pro Max. I was like, this is it never got hot, the battery life was good, the display was bright, the cameras were great. It was just like all this pro hardware that I've always wanted, and yet it felt so kind of childish and playful. When it came to software that I was just like finding I had to tap more things, whether it be Safari with all tabs, which I know is a setting, but still it's like, why why does that need to be a set? Why can't there be a button I pressed to get to all tabs, or why do I have to like look for hidden menu options?
Speaker 2: And camera?
Speaker 1: I've found that very annoying when I hand my phone to someone else and they were like, wait, how do I get to panorama or how do I get to portrait? Because all they say is video and photo? Yeah, I kind of to be a little bit awkward. So there's all these like settings that they decided to hide, which you can get used to it. There are so now you're swiping around and you ended up on spatial mode instead of just.
Speaker 4: Set on spacial mode yet so it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: And then look at that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a prime example. Look at how shiny and refractive the menu options are at the bottom. But then this video icon is not shiny or reflective. Then it's old fashioned two D flat And I can find like a million examples like that whenever I use iOS twenty six where I'm just like, okay, so this is old fashioned two D, but then this one is liquid glass and it just keeps bouncing all over the place, and that inconsistency always drove me nuts.
Speaker 2: I was just like, so you're shiny, but you're not shiny.
Speaker 1: It's like, how do I know what to expect to be liquid and what's not to be liquid?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just found the design more consistent, and as far as a design language on this, I think, so what I'm go ahead?
Speaker 4: I would disagree only because the thing that is liquid glass on that selection is it showing you what you're on where the list isn't shiny at all on whether you're going to cinematic or time lapse or whatever. Nothing's shiny until the selector.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's your frame rate and your resolution. That's flat. Yeah, it's all flat. Everything's flat.
Speaker 4: The only thing that's not flat is it showing you you are on video specifically you're on well, I'm on a different app.
Speaker 3: Is iOS has gotten so good. The only thing you can hate on is nitpicking design, aesthetics of this part's flat and this part is not. Not the functionality of the tool itself.
Speaker 5: What a great problem at the top.
Speaker 2: Glassy.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, sometimes certain things are glassy, and sometimes that is well, I just pick one because they can't pick one because it's it's designed.
Speaker 2: Don't get me.
Speaker 3: One punch mic.
Speaker 2: You can physically do it now.
Speaker 1: I just I don't. I just don't see the point. I guess it doesn't feel like it feels like it's a definite way to ramp up the GPU for no functional game.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it really does ramp up because these things are so minute on a screen.
Speaker 2: So when you have a vapor chamber, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: That's not what the VA gaming. It's for gaming, or when you're outside and you get the three thousand nits of brightness or extensive uses on any application that requires that GPU to ramp up. The vapor chamber kicks and then I've never felt this phone get hot, which tells me I'm not doing a good job pushing.
Speaker 1: It because it's the kind of vapor and it's aluminum. It's not in a glass steel chassis like something.
Speaker 3: So you're saying you would take this phone with iOS eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yes, if there's a way to, or seventeen would be better, but anyway, that's that's my random, crazy tangent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is your age showing that you're acting.
Speaker 3: You're acting like I don't want.
Speaker 2: To getting worse.
Speaker 1: And Drew likes older versions of iOS. Now it's getting bad.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm wearing thirty. That's just around the corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think do you think? Oh well, then let me let me wrap up this iOS twenty six period. Yeah, so I'm gonna wrap it up here.
Speaker 2: My final question for.
Speaker 3: You both of you. But you're the one.
Speaker 2: Yes, the sixteen is a good fund.
Speaker 3: It is, thank you, Mike. Does that mean you're not it's a two parter? Did you upgrade your Mac and if not, does this mean you're not interested in any new hardware because it's going.
Speaker 5: To have the latest OS?
Speaker 3: Is that really where you're adding your headspace at this point?
Speaker 2: For now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I loved the new AirPods didn't have liquid glass on them, and I'm waiting for the O lead redesigned MacBook Pro before I consider a new Mac.
Speaker 2: Because I spent a lot of money on this.
Speaker 4: Don't you have at least two more years.
Speaker 2: With this Mac?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Legally? Won? Was?
Speaker 1: I signed a contract this has to last me five years.
Speaker 3: And had to go through his chain of command? Yeah? Exactly how much storage do you have left on it?
Speaker 2: I filled it up? Not long? Really a bunch of stuff. Yeah, I hit eight terabytes like six months ago or something. Wow.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of stuff I could delete. I just didn't because I.
Speaker 3: Was a problem. You have a hoarding digital horder problem?
Speaker 2: Well, last guy wes on here are not mine either.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: The last guy we cured of his digital hoarding.
Speaker 3: We cured him so hard he left the tech space altogether, and I think we're gonna have to do the same for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, I may come around to it if I get inspired one day, but as of now, I don't. Apple intelligence is step one of this multi stage pro Ladies.
Speaker 3: And gentlemen, we've made progress because because of of that, there is hope that an Apple sheep is somewhere in there. But if you can't live with this fake sheep, I'm your new Apple sheep, Randy Nexus. See you later, So bye bye