Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by LA Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking like the back damn cakes today belongs to mister fifty to fifty Show.
Speaker 2: Hey O Tany, the first and only member of the fifty to fifty club, and he sets the record today right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Thanks for being with us in his postgame Dodger Talk here on your home of the Dodgers AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Our phone lines are wide open.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. In case you've been at work all day. You're sitting in the car heading home, frustrated on a Thursday afternoon for a deal that didn't work out for you, a bad day at the office, We're here to make you feel better. At eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy as the Dodgers beat the Miami Marlins twenty to four as they clinched a playoff spot for the twelfth consecutive year. The Dodgers, for the twelfth straight year, are going back to the postseason with this win today in Miami, a record for the Dodgers. Now twelve straight years they are going to the postseason. The longest postseason streaks in baseball history. It belongs to the Atlanta Braves who did it from the early nineties to two thousand and five, fourteen straight years. The New York Yankees did it from nineteen ninety five to two thousand and seven, thirteen straight postseason appearances. The Dodgers now from twenty thirteen until twenty twenty four, twelfth straight postseason appearances. But that is not the story. The Dodgers win going to the playoffs. They get the victory their ninety first of the year. But today belongs to mister fifty to fifty show Haled Tani who did it?
Speaker 3: Yes, he hit number fifty.
Speaker 4: One ball, two strikes, runner a third, two outs, and the pitch coming to show Hey, old towny Hey swings.
Speaker 3: Hits a tract to left. This bow's back there.
Speaker 5: It is fifty, the first player in the history of Major League Baseball to have a fifty to fifty season.
Speaker 4: He is incredible.
Speaker 6: Show Hey, old Towney with an opposite field home run fifty fifty.
Speaker 3: What a day for show?
Speaker 6: Hey, he is the new all time single season home runs leader for the Dodgers, in the first ever.
Speaker 4: With a fifty home run season.
Speaker 2: There you go, he did it. Fifty home runs. He had two stolen bases earlier in the game, the first player ever in the history of baseball to get to fifty to fifty. What an accomplishment for show, hey, Otani? And he wasn't done. Can you believe it? Sitting on fifty home runs and fifty one stolen bases, the Dodgers bat around to get him one more at bat in the ninth inning, two to one for show, hey, could he make it fifty one?
Speaker 4: Amazing day, career high, five for five day for him. And that's ball too. And now Bruhan hearing it. Folks want to see a strike and so does Otani. Here's the pitch slag.
Speaker 3: In the drive deep rightfield.
Speaker 6: He has done it. It's the first time Otana in his career has had a three home run game. Can you believe this? Ten runs batted in for Oltani. That's also a career high. Fifty one home runs for Show. Hey, o Tani, this is the show that never ends.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani.
Speaker 2: Fifty one home runs, fifty one stolen bases. You missed a little, You missed a lot if you miss this Dodger game today, But show hey Otani did it? He gets the fifty one home runs, fifty one stolen bases. He has ten RBIs in the game. It's the sixteenth ten RBI game since RBIs became an official stat in nineteen twenty, the first ever by a Dodger Yes, Duke Snyder and James Loney. The previous Dodger record with nine RBI in a game that gets broken today by show hey Otani as he has a record breaking day for the Dodgers, also surpassing Sean Green for the most home runs in a single season for a Dodger record. He's got fifty to one now in counting Sean Green had forty nine, which he set back in two thousand and one, Adrian Beltray forty eight back in two thousand and four, Cody Bellinger remember had forty seven home runs back in twenty and nineteen. Gary Sheffield had forty three back in two thousand, and Duke Snyder back in nineteen fifty six, had forty three home runs in a regular season. What a day for show, Hey oh Tani. You heard him on the postgame show with David Vasse, you heard him with the media.
Speaker 4: What a day.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts was in awe from what he has seen from show.
Speaker 3: Heo Tani.
Speaker 2: Not only just see this season, but today in particular, Dodger fans, I don't think you understand the historic day, the day that show Heytani had this afternoon in Miami. He is going to go down arguably as the greatest player in baseball history. When it's all set and done, he will set all the records. I believe he has now set the record for Dodger home runs in the season. He has set the record for RBIs in a single game. He has become the only player in the history of the game to hit fifty home runs and steal fifty bases. But today alone, show hey Otani six for six, three home runs, two doubles, two stolen bases, and he drives in ten. It is unbelievable. The day that he had down in Miami, first fifty to fifty player, first ten RBI game by a leadoff hitter. Franchise records for home runs in a single season, single game record for ten RBIs. He ties Sean Green for the same game record with six hits in the game in an unbelievable day in Miami for Show, Hey Otani, today one of those days, Dodger fans, you will never forget, and we thank you for being with us here on a five to seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. How about Sean Green's previous record? If we can pop this up right here, Colin Sean Green with a message via Dodgers social media just minutes ago, congratulating Show. Hey, I'm breaking his record.
Speaker 7: Show, Hey, congrats on becoming the new Dodgers single season home run record holder, and more importantly, congrats on surpassing fifty to fifty. What an absolutely amazing accomplishment. You're the greatest player who's ever lived, and I'm honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as you, at least for this week. Keep it going, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Sean Green, classy as always as his home run record gets broken by Show. Hey Otani. I don't know about you, Dodger fans, but as you were listening to this game, getting goosebumps when he hit forty nine, and the sixth inning when he came back up in the seventh inning, Colin e and I could not believe it. Matt to Mecky, our social media director in here, could not believe it as well. We're high five in each other. As he hit number fifty, Tim Neverett with an absolute great call as you heard on home run number fifty, and then to come back up in the ninth inning, how great was it in the eighth inning? Tim never telling you he's four away? Two Dodgers got to get on base. Things got to get right for him to get on And wouldn't you believe it? If you look on social media right now, who is trending besides Showyotani Chris Taylor of the Dodgers. And you're wondering why is Chris Taylor trending? Well, Chris Taylor was batting ninth for the Dodgers today. Chris Taylor had to get on base somehow, some way in order for show Hey Otani to get back up again in the ninth inning. So the fact that Chris Taylor got on base so show Hey can get another at bat, he was able then to hit his fifty first home run of the season. It truly is a historic day in baseball because think about it, Dodger fans, as you're driving home, you're listening right now.
Speaker 3: We may never see this again.
Speaker 2: And this is a unicorn of a player who will be a Dodger for the remainder of his career, and in his first season after six seasons in purgatory down in Anaheim with the Angels, does this individually and now collectively. He's going to his first playoffs ever in the major leagues. But remember he hasn't pitched this year. He was a dh only he just worried about hitting and at the same time worked on his base running, his stealing, the mechanics of getting a good jump, learning pitching techniques and how to get good off of pitchers lefties and righties, and he became a bass stealer. Show Haotani, how many times has he stolen fifty bases in a season?
Speaker 3: Once this year? How many times in his career?
Speaker 2: As show Heotani stolen forty bases in his career once this year, the highest amount of stolen bases in his career before this year twenty six back in twenty twenty one, we may never see this again.
Speaker 3: And why you ask, because when.
Speaker 2: He starts pitching again next year, every five or six days. A part of this Dodger rotation, my guess is his legs won't allow him to steal forty fifty bases in a year again because he is a hitter only it has allowed him to work on his craft of stealing bases and running the bases.
Speaker 3: And because he's not pitching, look what he did.
Speaker 2: He became the best ever at stealing bases and hitting home runs at a single season. Imagine that one thing's shut down for a year because of injury. So he decides to get better at a different part of his craft to baseball, and that's stealing bases and running and he sets historic mark with fifty to fifty. Now, when he's back to pitching, I don't know if Colin and I were talking about this is when he comes back at any point in the rest of his career as a pitcher and a DH in the same year, if he's able to have fifty to fifty again or even forty forty. I mean, this guy is not only a unicorn, but he is out of this world, out of this galaxy to have that much stamina, energy to be able to do that as a pitcher and a player.
Speaker 3: But because he's not.
Speaker 2: A pitcher, this year figures out how he could be better at his craft of baseball. It gets better at base stealing. Unbelievable what we saw today.
Speaker 3: It truly is.
Speaker 2: It's not hyperbole, that's not hyping up the moment. It's not Dodger Finns. This is the first time in the history of the game of baseball that a player's gotten to fifty to fifty. We may never see this ever again. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back, and then we're gonna get to your phone calls. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. I got one line open, somehow, some way, I got one line open. Here on postgame Dodger Talk, Brett Paisley, where are you? Dodgers beat the Marlins twenty to four, win number ninety one.
Speaker 3: They clinched their twelve straight.
Speaker 2: Playoff spot with the victory today, but today belongs to number seventeen. Show Hey Otani, who sets the record? Mister fifty to fifty now sitting on fifty one home runs, fifty one stolen bases, and nine games to go.
Speaker 3: We'll come back more your phone calls. We'll even probably get some more postgame reaction.
Speaker 8: What a day.
Speaker 3: What a day.
Speaker 2: Thanks for sharing it with us right here on your home at the Dodgers A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 3: Come find it.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: One ball, two strikes, one are a third, two outs, and the pitch count. Like the show Hey Old Tony Hey swings HiT's a.
Speaker 3: Track to left.
Speaker 5: This bow's back there last fifty the first player in the history of Major League based to have.
Speaker 6: A fifty to fifty season.
Speaker 4: He is incredible.
Speaker 6: Show Hey o'tanny with an offposite field home run fifty.
Speaker 3: Fifty, Mister fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani with three home runs today, He's now got fifty one on this season, fifty one stolen bases. What a day for show, hey Otani becoming the first ever player to get to fifty to fifty. Daniels Jewelers the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniels Jelers location and say home run for your free team bracelet and a fifty dollars gift card towards any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two, five, seventy show. Heyo Tani sets a record today with his now fifty first home run of the season, the first player to get to fifty to fifty in baseball history, as the Dodgers beat the Marlins twenty to four. All right, let's go out to the phones. Thanks for being with us. Steven Ordondo Beachs is gonna start things off here on postgame Dodge Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing, I'm.
Speaker 9: Doing really good, Kate's what's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: What a what a historic day. And I heard you heard you shout out that you got a line open. So I listened to the show a lot, and I just wanted to be able to say I got. I got on Dodgers Talk when show, Hey hit fifty to fifty man, and and you know, uh, it's it's a crazy thing, dude. This guy, he doesn't shy away from the moment and the way that he's locked in is so insane. And then I see time and time again teams and players face position players pitching and it's not a it's not an easy thing to do to hit home runs. So for him to hit fifty one off a position player, it's just, uh, it's just super cool. And uh and yeah he he And then Sean Green, I remember when he was passing out, is throwing his batting gloves away when he was hitting his home runs, A streaky was going on. So go Blue and I hope we make a deep payoff run. And you know, I just want to thank you for doing the show. And I love the Dodgers Man.
Speaker 2: Awesome, appreciate it. Steve, thanks for checking in. Yeah, an historic day and you were part of it. Here on Dodger Talk eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Heather and Utah joins us here on Dodger Talk. Heather, Welcome to a historic edition of Dodger talk.
Speaker 8: Hey, Tim just had to call in. It's been a little bit since I've called in, but man, what a game. I hope Dodgers stands are absolutely jazzed right now because that was absolutely incredible. When in the world have we ever seen this happen? We haven't show Hey created the fifty to fifty club. He didn't stop at forty forty. He said, I'm going to push through. I'm going to break that ceiling with my bat and my ball, and I'm going to go right through and plow through. I mean, he's already on fifty one, fifty one, and I like that he's doing it in even numbers. I don't know why, but I just think it's really cool. It shows his steady pace. And I just think, as I'm watching this game today, in this whole season unrolled before our eyes, I feel, and maybe this is a little bit cheesy and romantic, but how can you not be romantic about baseball? I feel like I'm watching a baseball movie about the greatest player to have ever lived, and with the entire season he's had from rehabbing his elbow and his closest friends betraying him and stealing sixteen million dollars from him. I think we're going to see this as a movie, and I mean that in the most respectful way. That we are watching one of the greatest players of all time and one of the greatest athletes, arguably the greatest athlete of all time. So in this historic day for Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Heather, you say they're going to make a movie out of this, All I think about is who's going to play me?
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding yourself. I'm just kidding, all right, thank you for the phone call? Is joking? Literally just joking?
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seven. No, really, who would play me? I mean if they do a movie of shoe Yotani in the day that he hits fifty to fifty, and they're like, let's go back to the the home base of the Dodgers Audio network an FI seventy LA Sports, and there's Coliny and I jumping around like two kids.
Speaker 3: Who's playing us? I mean, that's that's a valid question.
Speaker 12: Ah.
Speaker 2: Look who it is from the dojo in Wittier joining us here on Dodger Talk. A man who I know wants to celebrate mister fifty to fifty show Heyo Tani fake the brick, Jacobs bTB, Hello.
Speaker 13: Tim Kates, the baseball world has gone wacky, so guy nay unbelievable. No, my Japanese relative, Yes, Marie and Rio called you go and myself from Tokyo, and we're all exulting in the moments as a mount Fuji of mas fuerte erupts in Miami with the greatest single game in hardball history, a box score that blows the minds of the baseball cosmos, but beyond them local numbers the six for six, three home runs, ten runs batted in, two stolen bases, scored four runs, but it's the profound impact of Oltani shin first ever in the fifty to fifty club he created.
Speaker 14: It propels the Dodgers into a playoff. Berth breaks the record for the most home runs in a Dodgers season, held by Sean Green, the beautiful Sean Green, and Oltani shatters the records with such dynamic, grace, dignity, and respect as the most selfless superstar.
Speaker 13: In sports history. Moshin no mind, mocah no ego, show Old Tani, that's feeling you.
Speaker 3: Thank you Vic Yeah there he goes Vic the brick Jacobs.
Speaker 2: We knew we had to hear from VTV after this historic monumental game for show Hey Otani cappying off with would have been a historic It has been a historic season for number seventeen, now the only member of the fifty to fifty club in Major League Baseball history. Tim and plus then she has been waiting patiently. He is next up here on Dodger Talk. Hi, Tim, how you doing?
Speaker 13: Thanks?
Speaker 15: Tim, appreciate it.
Speaker 12: First off, I think we got to get Russell Crowe to play in the movie.
Speaker 3: Ooh not bad, not bad?
Speaker 9: Right, all right?
Speaker 12: I think at night like tonight kind of basic question what is the offense.
Speaker 15: Going to do their part?
Speaker 3: What is the offense going to do? I mean they scored twenty US support you okay, all right?
Speaker 9: But two things.
Speaker 12: One, I know this time of year it's really easy for for Dodger fans.
Speaker 15: You know, we get anxiety about the postseason, especially the off couple of years. But I just really hope that that fans really appreciate what just happened tonight. I mean, like you said one hundred times, we may never see this again, and it's it's insane that we.
Speaker 12: All got to watch it. It's insane that it happened in a Dodger uniform. And then to make it even sweeter, the Giants got eliminated tonight.
Speaker 15: That is always a good intention, always a good day.
Speaker 12: So idiots like Will Clark that went on to say that the Dodgers overpaid for for just a dh after you Tommy signing, you know, it's just kind of perfect justice that Tommy's business thing tonight. Giants get eliminated all as well in Dodger World.
Speaker 3: Tonight, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely appreciate it, Tim, thanks for checking in seventy Omar and El Paso is next up here on Dodger Talk. Dodgers beat the Marlins twenty to four. But showy o Tani because mister fifty to fifty, go ahead, Hi.
Speaker 9: Tim Man, how do I follow up?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 12: Jacob brig Jacobs Man.
Speaker 16: It's kind of hard, but hey, thank you for taking my card to say.
Speaker 12: I love these day games.
Speaker 16: I always look forward to these day games. But today I just had a feeling that was gonna happen. I don't know why, but I just had a feeling. I think we all remember Magic Johnson shooting that Skyhook in Boston. Remember that, Remember Kurk Gibson betting that home run? And today, I know it was not a championship game, but it just felt like that. So I'm looking forward to the playoffs, looking forward to hopefully making the World Series.
Speaker 9: And winning it.
Speaker 16: But my question to you is, Tim is what do you think do you think you'll make fifty five to fifty.
Speaker 17: Five this year?
Speaker 3: I think he gets fifty five to fifty five, thanks Omar.
Speaker 2: I think he could get there. As far as stolen back. You know, there's nine games to go. Okay, three against Colorado this weekend, three against the Padres.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a back and forth series.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's an explosion series for him necessarily, But then you got three in Colorado to finish off the regular season against the Rockies. Could he get to fifty five fifty five man five home runs, no, No, four home runs in nine games. That's pretty impressive to think that he's gonna do what he did today. Again, you're crazy. You're crazy. If this is an historic day. That's why I'm telling you. If you're driving home right now, you had a bad day at work, that should put a smile on your face.
Speaker 3: If you listen to the game, you should be a static.
Speaker 2: You should remember this day forever where you were with Shoel Tani went six for six, three home runs, two doubles, ten RBIs, four runs, scored, two stolen bases, and set the record for fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases in the season. Probably never gonna happen again in a day like this. Most likely never gonna happen again. Certainly, you hope so right, you'd love to see days like this, but reality is, you just don't see it very often. But can he get four more home runs in four more stolen bases in nine games. I'm gonna say no. I'm gonna say now that he has reached the fifty to fifty mark, there's the exhale, there's the all right. Now we get ready for the postseason, and still you want to clinch the division, certainly, but I don't think he's necessarily gonna get to fifty fifty or fifty five to fifty five.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see, though, we'll see. I hope he proves me wrong.
Speaker 2: Alex Impostle Roboles love the weather up there, and the one Alex how you doing.
Speaker 18: I'm doing good, Kate. Think thanks for taking my call now. So I just have a question for you realistically. I mean, is this something we're never ever gonna see again? I mean, I just can't think of another guy who's gonna get closed. I mean, obviously Ronald Dacuna had a great year last year, but I mean I just can't think of anybody. Elie Delacruz. I mean, the guy's fast, but is he gonna hit no doubt it. No, I just I just I don't. I just you know, the fifty six game Hidden Street. You know that that's we're probably never going to see that break in our lifetime, right, Is this up there in that echelon?
Speaker 3: It's pretty close? Yeah? You know what.
Speaker 2: As you're talking here, Colin, he and I are looking at each other and he just said, yeah, Ronald the Kuna junior, he might be a guy that could do it if he puts together one of those seasons. He already's a forty forty guy, he's twenty six. If he could stay healthy over an entire season, I think he could do it. I mean what last year he played at one hundred and fifty nine games. He only played in forty nine games this year, So if he could stay healthy, and I appreciate the phone call, as if he could do another season like he did last year. He played one hundred and fifty ninet of one hundred and sixty two games, which is gonna be hard, six hundred and forty five at bats. I mean, that's a full season. If he could do that, it's still at the age of twenty six. I think there's possibility. Maybe he gets the fifty to fifty, but look at his stolen bases. Outside of last year, where he sold seventy three bases, it.
Speaker 3: Hit forty one home runs.
Speaker 2: He's only had one other season where he's gotten over thirty and that was back in twenty nineteen where he was a forty one to thirty seven guy. So he may get to forty forty again, But I mean, Ronald Acuna Junior would have to do an awful lot to get to fifty to fifty on the season. Shoey Otani is clearly a unicorn, and there's nobody else like him. Eight sixty six, nine, eighty seven, two five, seventy. Sergio and Azusa's next up here on Dodger Talk, a historic edition of Dodger talk on a FI seventy.
Speaker 19: El OMG OMG show.
Speaker 13: Hey, Otani, I'm.
Speaker 4: Here with my son.
Speaker 9: He's eleven.
Speaker 19: I told him this is a moment you'll be saying, I was there bad day, like you said, working on the car with my brother, and it just made it all worth it to just appreciate the little things when this is given to you, because this was amazing and seventeen total bases. I mean, you know when guys like Rick Bundy describe it the way they do and they're just speechless.
Speaker 4: It just I'm just in awe.
Speaker 19: Here, here's my son.
Speaker 3: Say hi back, what's going on? Enjoy the game today? Yeah, yeah, pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Pretty impressive to be able to enjoy that with your dad a day both of you will never forget being together and enjoying it together.
Speaker 3: What a special day for you both.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 19: And he's such a good role model for the kids, you know, coming from his humble beginnings and just not being pampered as a superstar. He sets a good example for kids to do the work, and he's just we're really impressed by him. We're really happy to have him.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Sergio. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for both of you guys listening there out at a zuza. Hopefully it made your day a little bit better, no doubt Dodger fans feeling good about the day that showey Otani had a day that Dodger fans will never forget. Shoeyo Tani had three home runs, stealing two bases. Now part of the fifty to fifty club, a club that he looks around at the table and he's the only one sitting at that table in baseball history. Mark and Culver City is next up here on Dodger Talk on an FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Mark, Hey man, I'm good.
Speaker 17: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm fantastic. Couldn't be better on a day like this.
Speaker 17: Yeah, man, I was at home getting ready for work and turned to my wife and said, you.
Speaker 20: Know, let me check the let me check the score on the game real quick.
Speaker 17: So Tony comes up and hits the hits fifty. Life don't get much better than that for a Dodger fan.
Speaker 3: No it doesn't, No, it doesn't. Then he hits fifty one.
Speaker 10: Mark, that's right.
Speaker 17: And the thing is, I was at Dodger Stadium in sixty five as a child when Sandy threw his perfect.
Speaker 20: Game against the Cubbies.
Speaker 17: So I saw history made when I was sick, and I saw history may when I was sixty five.
Speaker 1: Live.
Speaker 17: Don't get much better.
Speaker 3: Than that, No, it doesn't. That is awesome. You've lived a great and blessed life.
Speaker 2: Mark, appreciate you checking in here on Dodger Talk eight sixty six nine, eight seven, two five seventy show. Heyo Tani does it fifty to fifty, the first player ever in baseball history to reach that mark, and he goes past it with home run number fifty one in the ninth inning and fifty one stolen bases. Now on this season, he also breaks Sean Green single season home run record. He's got six hits in the game today, and he also sets a Dodger franchise record with ten rbi in his single game.
Speaker 3: As the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Collectively collectively get their ninety first win of this season and they clinch a playoff spot for the twelfth consecutive season. Larry and Temecula love the wine down there as well.
Speaker 3: Larry, how you doing, I'm.
Speaker 21: Doing really good? How are you today? I'm doing f to he sound pretty Hey, you sound pretty psyched. Well, you know, I've been following the Dodgers. I'm I saw him play at the Colisee him back in nineteen sixty. This is pretty exciting day. And I gotta tell you, it couldn't have happened to a better guy. Show Otani. He's so selfless. You know, you watch his interviews, he always refers.
Speaker 9: To his teammates.
Speaker 21: On that comment about that, I was it Will Clark or somebody that said he's overpaid. I don't know our athletes overpaid, but if anybody is deserving of seven hundred million dollars, I think at Show Hey, O Tommy, the guy's just a good guy. And you know, I was driving home and I was thinking about this. Hate to be a greedy Dodger fan, but if you know, if one of those doubles had been a triple, he would have hit for the cycle on top of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 21: So anyways, just wanted to, you know, give a shout out to the Dodgers and show Hey. And by the way, if you made a comment in your last segment about he's gonna break all the records, well it would be beautiful to see him break all the records. I think there's some records that are going to be out of his reach, but he's gonna break a lot of them. So anyway, thanks for.
Speaker 9: Taking the call.
Speaker 22: All.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Yeah, Okay, Okay, I got caught up in the moment. He's not gonna break the Maggio's streak. Okay, never will, nobody will. And he's not gonna break the record by that guy set up in San Francisco for home runs in a regular season. I mean, he's just not okay, So I got caught up in the moment, Larry, I apologize.
Speaker 3: He's gonna break as many records as.
Speaker 2: He possibly can that are attainable, and who knows, maybe Demaggio streak is attainable. We got a decade to figure that out. In the Dodger uniform, we'll see. Nobody thought he'd ever get to fifty to fifty, or anybody would ever get to fifty to fifteen, Folks, he's not done. He might get to fifty five, fifty five with nine games to go.
Speaker 3: Cannanel Hambra is.
Speaker 2: Next up here on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers beat the Marlins twenty to four, and shoey Otani becomes the only mister fifty to fifty.
Speaker 22: Hey, I'm first time caller calling in. I'm really excited about the the fifty to fifty. I'm a little bump because I was hoping to catch that tomorrow at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about the same thing here about how it would be kind of cool if he did it in a Dodger home uniform at the Ravine this weekend against the Rockies. But you know, he sets it in the career day in Miami today going six for six. But you know what's funny, ken is I want to know what happened to that ball. I've been checking social media. I haven't seen anybody claim the ball. Certainly there were some people going towards it, but the camera on sports and at LA and MLB network cut away and showed owtany run at the bases, so we never really saw what happened to the baseball itself.
Speaker 3: I'd be interested to see what happened to doing Yeah, hey, I.
Speaker 22: Got a question for you. I know that Ricky Henderson hits the home run and set the rector home run and stolen base in a single season. I think it was twelve or thirteen? Yes, did he do that? Did he catch his rector? Or did he pass it?
Speaker 3: He tied it today at thirteen?
Speaker 22: Today he tied it? Okay, cool, all right to day man? Stat six six or six four runs, three home runs and ten rbi.
Speaker 9: That's great.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, Really is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Ken, appreciate the phone call eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy Stephen Lake, what is next up here? On postgame dodge of talking with the Dodgers won twenty to four over the Marlins, But shoeo Tani becomes mister fifty to fifty?
Speaker 3: How you doing there, Steve?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 13: Got what an amazing game.
Speaker 20: You know, I'm a little older. I saw the Dodgers the first time in nineteen fifty eight. My dad took me, and this is one of the top games today. Yeah, what a game? And uh well, Tommy, what a miracle he is?
Speaker 2: He really is unbelievable, Steve. You've seen a lot of the great ones. Where does he rank there as far as the great Dodgers you have seen over the last what sixty years?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 17: God?
Speaker 20: Top five?
Speaker 3: Who else who is in that same category?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 20: Start out with Copex and Drysdale, no doubt, no doubt, and Sean Green. I love Sean Green too, So yeah, God, I can't believe that twenty to four unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, Steve, Thanks for checking in.
Speaker 2: Lifelong Dodger fans, seen a lot of Dodger baseball, and he admits today pretty historic. Seeing fifty to fifty from show Hey Otani Rich in Long Beaches, next up here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How are you doing? Rich?
Speaker 20: Great?
Speaker 22: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good? What do you think about today? And with the historic performance from mister shoe Otani.
Speaker 10: We'll never We'll never see it again unless he does it and U. As far as all the other records, I don't think any of them are safe. And just wait until the man starts hit cheap and see those records fall.
Speaker 2: It'll be something to see what he does on the mount. I think what he did this year, as we've discussed, probably never gonna see it again. We'll never see shoe Heotani with another fifty to fifty season just because of the dem on his body as a pitcher and a position player slash hitter next year and moving forward now this year not pitching because of the arm surgery, but certainly the time to focus on base running and hitting showed what he is.
Speaker 3: About as a complete athlete, a.
Speaker 2: Stud able to turn what he does as a hitter into base running and the techniques and learning how to get good jumps into a fifty to fifty season. Franken Monrovia is next up here on Dodge Talk.
Speaker 23: Hi, Frank, Hey, you know a great show today, you know, just epic performance by Show. Hey, you know the micro of this is the macro First, is the fact that you know, this is just the historic moment. Especially you know, Show has just battled through so much injury, you know that, right risk getting beamed a couple of times, him playing through a couple of you know, ankle strains. This has just been tough on him. You know, the macro being this is probably the greatest performance of the year from an you know.
Speaker 24: From a play offensively. I don't think we're gonna see another player in the next nine games or so many games that took that these other teams have, you know, come anywhere close to what he did in just this game, right, this game alone is probably the greatest of any player this season.
Speaker 2: You're right, Frank, I don't think people understand that. I'm glad you reemphasized and I appreciate that. Man, I don't think you realized Dodger fans, this game, not the season, the fifty to fifty season is unbelievable. This game alone, six for six, two doubles, three home runs, what he did driving in ten runs, It's unbelievable. And then to set the record for fifty to fifty while having this historic single game is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you can't. There's not enough ways to describe it.
Speaker 2: It's one of the greatest single game performances you are ever gonna hear or see from an athlete. It really is, and I hope you enjoyed it. Right here on a FI seventy eight sports mark in Huntington Beach Mark.
Speaker 3: How you doing, buddy, Oh hey great.
Speaker 25: First off, I'd like to thank the Marlins manager for not putting up four fingers at Otani.
Speaker 20: He could have just as he is.
Speaker 25: That you're not going to do that record in my house, right he did. He let his pictures try to challenge it. So first off, I really appreciate the manager for doing that, and the sky's the limit. He'll probably get fifty five to fifty five. But he reminds me of such a presence in the Dodger of clubhouse, and then you know, the dugout, the only one I can remember that would kind of stoke that it was.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you.
Speaker 25: Remember Jay Johnston. Now, he wasn't a fantastic player or all, but he got the rest of the guys going. And I'm sure sh O Tommy's doing that same thing right now, you know, with all that being said, so you know, just him being in there, just he just inspires the rest of the guys to play better. And then then there's the last thing that I think might happen here. This will probably be the first time and maybe never again. It's all up to the Baseball writers that we get a designated hitter voted in as the mb of the season.
Speaker 2: Good point, great points all around. Mark, Absolutely, I think you're right. I think this could be the only time we see it doesn't need hitter like that get the MVP.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I know, uh, Lindor's had a great season, but anybody that's been watching baseball and has actually their eyes and ears open to what's happening here in twenty twenty four and the records that are been set by showyl Tani appreciate what he has done. Final call the Knight's got to be Izzy in Anaheim. Izzy, how are you?
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm great. I'm really happy to show. Hey, he's the best thing in the would right now. And I'm just really okay. But they went tonight, I mean, yeah, they went this great but it was just a big night and it was just it was just so great. It was so happened. When I tell you, guy, it is fifty and I show it s the tear in my eyes during the commission after the postum field win, the guy had you guys out to you. I don't know why. I may have been super sentimental, but ye, so anyway, but listen, Yeah it was a good game, man, I'm just doing so we'll talk for soon. And oh yeah we need to take you. We need to thank you being stupid not be signing him. So thanks angels, all right.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, I appreciate it. I'm glad you got emotional. That was very cool to see. Uh And I think baseball fans sports fans truly understand what happened today, and if you didn't, maybe it'll sink in tonight. Maybe it'll sink in tomorrow. Maybe you need to get on social media before you go to bed tonight and realize, Oh man, look at that.
Speaker 3: What he did?
Speaker 2: Look forty nine fifty fifty one, the stolen bases fifty to fifty on the season, six for six, ten RBIs in the game, setting Dodger single game mark, setting the single season home run record. Pretty special, Pretty darn special. What show hey all Tani did tonight? I think Steven heinzen Beach is right, thank you, Skip Schumacher, mark in heights the beach, Skip Schoeman, Docker Dot. Marlin's manager could have easily runners on second and third in the ninth inning and the game out of reach already, could have said put up four and intentionally walked Showy Tani just so he couldn't hit his fifty first home run and pitched to Mookie Betts in that situation. But show Heyotani got to bat, Skip Schumacher didn't intentionally walk him, and what happened. Three run home run number fifty one on the season. That's going to do it for postgame Dodgers. So, like, man, what a fun day hanging out with Colin Ye Matt to Meggy, Brian Blackmore, Don Martin High five and in the studio, Tim Conway Junior from KF five's coming over, Moke Kelly hanging out with us in the studio.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like a.
Speaker 2: Packed house here in the AM five seventy Dodgers studios this afternoon, as everybody wanted to be a part of it history right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports, you're a home of the Dodgers, and you got to hear it.
Speaker 3: What a day. Dodgers beat the Marlins twenty to four. They clinched a playoff berth for the twelfth straight year.
Speaker 2: The dow ninety one and sixty two nine games left and still need to clench the NL West with the Padres coming to town next week.
Speaker 3: But back at it tomorrow night. Dodger's flying home right now.
Speaker 2: They'll start a three game series against the Rockies beginning tomorrow night. Well, I have Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck, Beginnia at six, first pitch at seven to ten. Congratulations to mister fifty to fifty the Unicorn himself show. Hey, oh Tani, I'm a great rest of your Thursday night. Thursday Night NFL football coming up next or.
Speaker 3: Just before the half. Jets fourteen, Patriots three. Enjoyant.
Speaker 2: Here it comes, CHUCKL.