Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's come.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is EDMC fan and now ladies and gentlemen see ride ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Hey, good morning everybody. Rob Ryan shows checking in, ready to rock for a wild card Wednesday, Big day around here, golf tournament. Beautiful weather today for our golf tournament's sunny skies high of eighty two, no rain, baby Jesus loves the golf tournament. But we got a busy four hours with you. We got paternity Paul going for win number three, fresh out of Bedheads to head challenge, got those Pixies tickets in there, working on getting them in to throw back Thursday tomorrow too, Coheat tickets and taking back Sunday hot your fun fact flashbacks. So Homeroom, you're getting set up pretty nice. I got Hives tickets at seven twenty three, eleven, bad Flower tickets at eight twenty, Offspring tickets early in the nine, buzz Fast tickets on No the Shoe, and today's the day we pick a name. Somebody will come down and play Read My Lips tomorrow with us. So Chili's working on that and he'll keep that link up all morning if you want to sign up. It's still not too late to sign up to play Read my lips Tomorrow in studio you'll be taking on this guy right here. Good morning, Alex.
Speaker 2: What are Houston's headlines? Good morning Rode, Good morning, Home Room.
Speaker 3: The tariffs announced by President Donald Trump last week went into effect at midnight, including a one hundred and four percent tariff on Chinese imports. It's not just China's having tariffs levied on goods they sell in the US, but other nations are trying to take a different approach to dealing with them. White House Press Secretary of Caroline leave It indicated that the administration's tariff strategy aims to encourage negotiations with various countries, emphasizing that deals will only be made.
Speaker 2: If they benefit American workers.
Speaker 3: Since last week's announcements of the tariffs, the SMP five hundred and NASTAK have each lost more than twelve percent. At least ninety eight people are dead and two hundred and fifty five others were taken to the hospital after a roof collapse at a nightclub in the Dominican Republic yesterday morning. One of those that passed away in the tragedy was former ASTROS pitcher Tavio Dotel. Center of Emergency Operations director Juan Manuel Mondez says that the search for potential survivors in the rebel at jet Set nightclub in Santo Domingo was continuing through the night, and said that he presumed.
Speaker 2: Many people were still alive.
Speaker 3: He also said that teams are still working to determine the total number of people who were present at the scene at the time of the accident. They've also brought in a specialized canine unit to help with the search. Having kids can be rewarding and meaningful, but it's definitely not cheap. It's always been costly, but these days it's especially challenging for families to keep up.
Speaker 1: My man knows this now, Yeah, and another one on the way. Yeah, lucky me.
Speaker 2: When you see these numbers, do you freak out?
Speaker 1: I try not too. Yeah, it's tough internally expensive. Kids are expensive, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: While parents can only control some costs, understanding where the money goes can definitely help. In a recent study from the company smart Asset estimates that the cost of raising a kid now is nearly thirty six thousand dollars a year. Apparently Massachusetts is the most expensive state to raise a child, while Mississippi is the cheapest. Based on research from lending Tree and smart ass At, the biggest expenses in raising a child today are housing, which is twenty nine percent of the total cost childcare and education, which is sixteen percent of total costs. You have food at eighteen percent, transportation is fifteen percent, healthcare is nine and clothing is six percent.
Speaker 1: So thirty six thousand a year times eighteen. Have fun with that, mass Neat, It's all of my money.
Speaker 3: Law and Order actress Mariska Hargatay is directing an HBO documentary about her mom, Jane Mansfield. It's called My Mom Jane, and it will feature intimate interviews in a collection never before seen photos in home movies while Hargitra Hargitay tries to grapple with her mother's public and private legacy to discover the depth of who she was. She was only three years old when her mom died in a car accident. She and her siblings were in the car at the time, but were not injured. This documentary is going to premiere in June.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the awful not so fun Fact? Dark Fact? About it. Jane Mansfield.
Speaker 1: No, that back bumper in the back of eighteen wheelers. Oh yes, it's called the Mansfield Bar. Jane Mansfield. She did not get decapitated, as a lot of stories will say. But she was driving with the two kids. Marissa Mariska Harkete was in the car. She went underneath an eighteen wheeler it and it took out the whole top of the car and that's where she lost her life. Every single eighteen wheeler you look at now when you see that back bumper, that so the car can't go underneath the wheels and underneath the underneath the trailer that was put in for Jane Mansfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough, Yeah tough.
Speaker 3: Green Day front man Billy Joe Armstrong apparently thinks that Jane's addiction pair Jane's addictions.
Speaker 2: Perry Ferrell is an a hole.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Apparently it all stems from the time the Green Day almost wasn't the opening band at Lallapalooza in Night ninety four because of Farrell. The stage manager at the time, said that Perry never pushed back or beat it.
Speaker 2: A band except for Green Day.
Speaker 3: He claims that Farrell said they're a boy band, and I don't want to book a boy band. He obviously later changed his mind, but it took the manager to convince him. Speaking about the incident, Billy Joe said, quote, it was really disappointing because Perry was someone that we really respected. I think that it made some of us want to play Lollapalooza even more actually, because we wanted to prove that he had his head very.
Speaker 2: Far up his own ass.
Speaker 3: You can read more about the history of Lolla Palou's in the recent recently released book titled Lollapalooza, The Uncensored Story of Alternative Rocks Wildest Festival.
Speaker 2: I want to get that book, yeah, I do want to get it. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Those are Uston's headlines. Now I've got some good music, Yeah it is. Astros got to win last night. They got by the Mariners two to one an extra innings. They're going to wrap up their series with the Mariners this afternoon. Hunter Brown is going to be on the mound for the Astros, going up against Seattle's Luis F.
Speaker 3: Castillo, who is a different person than the Luis Castillo.
Speaker 2: Who started last night for the marriage Louise Castillo and Luise F.
Speaker 3: Castillo back to back games, first pitches at three to ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA, Rockets are back in action tonight, writing a three game winning streak. They're gonna play the Clippers out in La tip Books at nine thirty, and you can hear the game on.
Speaker 2: Our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: In golf, the Masters starts tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bring it down, Hello, the Masters.
Speaker 3: But today they're gonna do the Par three contest. You can watch it starting at one o'clock hours.
Speaker 5: A par three starts at one sign Jim Nance Hello, you can watch it at one o'clock on ESPN.
Speaker 1: One o'clock on.
Speaker 5: ESPN and those What's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go four hours of Pain. You want the first phone call? Well, Nat up, come get it. Seven one three, two two five. It's hard to like be all rock and roll on top of this here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go with the Metaco on the next one, if.
Speaker 1: You would like the first phone call seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. Four Hours of Pain ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show that we are often running for a wild card Wednesday, Smack Dad in the middle of the Way pumped it sunny today. Ten percent chance of rain pies up around eighty two. Uh deep deep down on the music blog page. I thought it was a cool story, although I don't know what kind of interest there's going to be. Nirvana and Kurt specifically his favorite band was like the Melvins, and the Melvins were like this band that was around and didn't really get the pop that all the other Seattle bands got during that whole grunginess. But the Melvins. Everybody, all the way through Chris Cornell, everybody said that the Melvins were were awesome. They had they used the tour and they had an old van that Kurt put a mural on it and he drew Kiss on the side of the van. That van still exists, it's being dismantled and the parts will be auctioned off.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't know who wants the Melvins van bumper.
Speaker 1: But but I wouldn't mind that mural that Kurt Cobain drew of Kiss. I mean, that's going to be that's going to be the crown jewel of that van. Dismantling that van and selling it. I don't know what's that show? Not the pawn guys, what's the guys that go out the junk pickers. There was the skinny guy and the fat guy who I think passed away. Do you ever see those guys driving round? Yeah, American pickers something like that. Yeah, they found an old Aerosmith tour van and that was on an episode that was like in some guy backyard.
Speaker 2: So this American pickers.
Speaker 1: Yes, So this is kind of a similar story that's on the music blog page today. Again, the mural would be awesome. All right, it's golf tournament day. It's going to be a beautiful day out there. It's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Thank you to our golfers. Thank you to all the volunteers that are going to be out there today. Thank you to our sponsors that dug deep in their pockets to help us raise a lot of money today. So we'll sprinkle a little bit of that in. But we've got a show to do here. Fraternity Paul's going for win number three, fresh out of head to head. Where are those offspring tickets? Nine ten, nine ten? I think it's the biggest ticket. Well, nine o'clock hour. You got my two big shows. You got Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory nine ten. We're giving those tickets away and then Buzzfest tickets on Know the Show. So Chili loves the people in the nine o'clock hour. I personally love the people that are up right now in homeroom the most. And I see a lot of people on the phones.
Speaker 2: The kids that time.
Speaker 6: For the first phone call of.
Speaker 2: The day, Morgan, good morning, good morning, Well hello, how are you good? How are you great?
Speaker 1: Thanks for being up in homeroom today. I appreciate it what you got for us for the first phone call.
Speaker 7: So I just wanted to wish everyone luck on Star testing and all the tests that they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, my kid is doing some testing. First grade, they're doing testing.
Speaker 2: What the hell that's soil?
Speaker 1: It's wild, it's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Where where are you? Uh? You got kids in school or you're a teacher. I'm I'm the kid.
Speaker 1: You're the kid.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Morgan?
Speaker 3: I am in ninth grade.
Speaker 7: I am the ninth grader from.
Speaker 2: From where did you drop? Morgan? You're still there? Morgan?
Speaker 1: What happened if Morgan told me that she was like forty two and had test. Hi, I had three kids in school. Morgan did not sound that young, right, but she's not there anymore. Hang on a second, Organ, Morgan, did the Star People intercept that call?
Speaker 2: It sounds it seems like it. There's no other logical explanation. We got somebody on the road Ryan Show talking about Star test.
Speaker 1: Intercept immediately intercept immediately, Hang on a second. Did you call back, Morgan?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hello, I thought the Star People got you. Holy cow you Okay, there was a dead section. Okay.
Speaker 2: Where do you go to school, Morgan? I go to Incarnate Word Academy.
Speaker 1: Can you study for the Star Test?
Speaker 8: No, I'm taking the p s A T.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, good luck, Good luck Morgan. You're awesome.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do You're gonna do great. You really sound a lot older than you are. You fooled me for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can do all kinds of phoney phone calls. Nobody would think you're a kid.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm also the ninth rereader from thresh out of bed.
Speaker 3: Head to Head.
Speaker 2: I know Morgan, of course, I remember. Morgan.
Speaker 1: Listen, You're gonna kick ass on that test today. Thank you, for chiming in with us.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for letting me talk.
Speaker 1: You're the Morgan. I got that from Felix yesterday too. You say good morning, brother Rod and Alex. Can we get a shout out to all the kiddos taking the Star Test. I don't know about other districts, but our starts today and it will go on this month. Also to the teachers and support staff that have to give the test. Please and thank you longtime listener sock sox shoe shoe that is Felix. All right, Star Test, Good luck to everybody. Morgan, thank you for getting us started brilliantly today.
Speaker 2: Let me take a break on the plift.
Speaker 1: Got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's training and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 6: Hou Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody. It's six twenty three sunny's guys today, no rain, high of eighty two. What a day for the Rod Ryan Show. Charity Golf Open all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Okay, hey Alex, hello Rod, are you coming up to the golf tournament?
Speaker 2: I will be ask hal if he's coming.
Speaker 1: No, as a matter of fact, don't ask how I heard, don't ask cowbt.
Speaker 2: He's ruining our.
Speaker 3: Stocks, ruin for your stocks at least stocks drewing stocks.
Speaker 2: Now he's not going to a golf tournament. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Not great stuff to start us off at Octavio.
Speaker 2: Hotel is trending.
Speaker 3: The former Astros picture died after a roof collapsed at a night club he was at in the Dominican Republic. They're still doing search and rescue right now. About over two hundred and fifty five people were taken to the hospital and nearly one hundred people have been reported dead.
Speaker 2: After that tragedy.
Speaker 3: Tariffs are also trending because Trump's proposed haaris went into effect at midnight and people are talking about that.
Speaker 2: And then Mike Malone is trending.
Speaker 3: The Nuggets fired their head coach after a four game losing streak, despite still being the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff picture right now.
Speaker 2: He won a title with them.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty three and is the best coach in Nuggets history. Kind of a shocking firing coming down in the NBA right for the postseason two but as it's trending a nighty move by the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: It's Maternity Paul, So sorry, No one pump jump here. This two time Hall of Famer is your fresh out of bed head to head two day champion. Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number three My bees.
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two one two five four five. If you want to play, it's a mad you're at and Dragons ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, chill.
Speaker 2: He's over there lining up for somebody to play. Paternity Paul.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's six point twenty eight Sonny eighty two today, you kidding me?
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Fifty five out there right now. It's gonna be a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners, Maternity Paul, Good morning, Hey, good morning home round, two time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Right you heard No One pump chump two stroke joke is still on the table.
Speaker 1: You're going through. That doesn't come up that on the You're going for win number three today, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you take it. On Daniel, Daniel, good morning, Hey, good morning Rod.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the game, dude. Now you played with us this year already, yeah, back in February. I think, how'd you get through? How'd you get back on? Daniel?
Speaker 2: Got a call a lot?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean I knew that was going to be your answer.
Speaker 1: I just want people to hear it from you, because I'm going to get some wing nut that's going to say, Dude, I've been calling every day. I can't get through. This is your second time in twenty twenty five playing. Have you had any success on this game?
Speaker 2: I made it to game number three left on?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I made it to game number four. I won three. He won three.
Speaker 1: Okay that's what Paul thinks he's doing today. Okay, so maybe do something about it. All right, Daniel.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: I got the Pixies and Spoon tickets September sixth, White Oak Musical. Shout out your name. When you think you know the answer, Daniel, you lock and load. Ready, ready, paternity, Paul you ready, ready, here we go. Questions start right now. What beverage does Rod give out on Friday? Paul? Here? Yeah, the the what beverage does Rod give out for free on Fridays.
Speaker 2: Beer is the answer.
Speaker 1: Paul's on the board, and Daniel, I just looked at the board.
Speaker 2: You're not on there.
Speaker 1: But it was only one question, so you were right there. You did well, you shouted out your name, but it was just a little behind Paul. Okay, just a little behind him. All right, here we go. What gas station chain has a beaver.
Speaker 2: For a Daniel?
Speaker 1: Paul?
Speaker 2: That would be BUCkies. He got you, Daniel, he got you. Hey, your game. You were just right there on his beaver tail.
Speaker 1: It's one of those questions. I'm sorry, that was dog, Daniel, have a great day. The complete question, which gas station chain has a beaver for a mascot and is known for their beaver nuggets monkeys was the correct answer. Paternity Paul, No two stroke joke. It's three wins for you, dude, and we're gonna get you those Pixie Spoon tickets.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: I love it too, dude.
Speaker 2: Good job, Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The buzz All right, my Buffalo boys, the Google dolls that slide. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for being a part of homeroom. Love you guys, That's why we put it in. Such great tickets in there in the six o'clock hour, Coheed taking back Sunday tickets.
Speaker 2: Coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today sunny skuys high of eighty two fifty five outside right now, bring me that champion, the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody. This is two time Hall of Famer Paternity Paul. You're welcome rod. Two questions to answers. Join me on Thursday when I will make it win. Number four might be Alex.
Speaker 1: You're pretty good at this stuff. He got the name Paternity Paul because he was on paternity leave. That's why he was up early playing with us like a long time ago. Yes, yeah, yeah, one time out of child Okay, I thought expensive raise way. Oh yeah, well yeah, we got learned that Alex is crunching all morning. He's got the data of how much it costs to have a kid.
Speaker 2: My like chalkboard and my grease board. I'm trying to do like a beautiful mind. Don't do it, dude. It's just this guy at the rob A bank. So I I'll cut that out of that. I don't know how Hal feels about this.
Speaker 1: But we just went to Disney and Universal Studio, you know, spring break, and.
Speaker 2: I thought, for one second I.
Speaker 1: Might go in there and just crunch all the numbers to see exactly what I spent.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, And I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to know. How should I go in there? And look, I don't think. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: It was only going to cause pain. Yeah, like it's you're not gonna be well good.
Speaker 8: I got out of my head.
Speaker 2: What's done is done.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, well, you need one hundred dollars for this photo pass, and then you need this over here, and it's just it just kept adding up. It's just there was just this on top of this lightning pass, this that I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: If somebody asked me, Rob, what do you think it's gonna cost.
Speaker 1: Me to go for a week in Disney and Universal, I don't have the answer. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. Look what you tell him is well for me, it was just a rounding error. I dreaded. Oh okay, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go we make you look smart and funny. Your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: Well, you must know what you spent, No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I just know that there's a credit card there's a big credit card bill that I'm chipping away at right now. All right, here we go, guys. Some fun facts for you today. You ever heard the Eagles song Life in the fast Lane, Laugh in the fast.
Speaker 2: Lane and arrow? You know that one happens are well? Glenn Fry wrote that song from the.
Speaker 1: Eagles, and uh, the line came from his drug dealer. The drug dealer was well known in the Hollywood area as the Count and uh, Glenn Fry and Fry, Yeah, the Count rights, that's three pills. The drug dealer used that phrase when they were driving. Well, that's just life in the fast lane, whacked out. Glenn Fry whacked out on Scooby Snacks, remembered it, wrote it down, and then wrote a huge song about it. Another fun fact for you today, there was a politician named Daniel Webster. Now don't worry about it. I know you're going to be looking through all different periodicals trying to find out Daniel Webster.
Speaker 2: Why don't I know this guy?
Speaker 1: He turned down the offer to be vice president two times in the eighteen hundreds because he thought he was presidential material. Okay, the offers came from William Henry Harrison and Zachary Taylor. Both of those dudes died in office.
Speaker 2: That is fun. Whoa he would have been president.
Speaker 1: He would have been president, but he turned it down. He just wanted the He wanted to He wanted QB one.
Speaker 2: Why did you do it himself? You know, I didn't want to get handed a job.
Speaker 1: When you fart, it travels about ten feet per second, so that's uh, that's seven miles per hour. There you go. It's the funk that to the day we make you look smart and body ere bodies.
Speaker 2: It's the funk that to the day. He didn't want to be a backup quarterback, did not want that job. So I've got these great tickets.
Speaker 1: Coheyden Cambria taking back Sunday, September eighth, seven, one to three Music Hall. It's your fun. Let's see what did I think? Okay, this is what I thought I would ask. Oh yeah, what cereal doesn't contain any nuts? The specific one we talked about yesterday. I know there's a lot of cereals. I don't think there's any nuts in count chalcula. But that's not the that's not the cereal we talked about yesterday. Okay, uh what cereal doesn't contain any nuts? Seven one, three five.
Speaker 3: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 1: All right there he is, Hi, hell brother ra Okay, I do want to get into it with you. I just saw this. I just saw the futures. What the heck?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's tariff day today, go ahead, tariff day. Uh yeah. So we started yesterday off pretty well but ended down.
Speaker 10: The Dow lost three hundred and twenty points kick off this morning of thirty seven thousand and six forty five, Nasdaq down three hundred and thirty five to fifteen thousand and two sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Bench Martin or Treasury up in yield Agan, we're.
Speaker 10: At a four point four to one percent, and oil stands at fifty seven dollars thirty seven cents of burrel to the most actors. The big studs, United Health, Travelers, and Chase. The big duds Nike, Apple, and Amgen on the economic calendar this morning, with numbers on sol inventors for February. Right now, futures guess what they are down Colorn Storm's baby around.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 10: This is hallan Man. He's director with the Raem James, reporter for The Rod Ryan Show from Merrimony. James on STANFLEYP. But I think I said no forget doors or rockout with just stock out.
Speaker 11: Vimin's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC, as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmns. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to yourand because program is are educational and informational, serposes on the studs of duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The bus Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Jordan, Hey, good morning brother, un Good morning brother Jordan. Welcome to home room.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being up early with us.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The serials specifically discussed yesterday during fun Facts does not contain any nuts. What's the name despite the day. Honey, honey, no nut cheerio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, honey, nut cheerios, no nuts.
Speaker 1: If you called your buddy, hey, honey, nut cheerios, back off, you'd be telling your buddy that he could. Bro, you don't have any nuts. It's like honey nut cheerios. Jump already.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They replaced the ground almonds with some natural almond flavor, ground up peach and april cop pits back in two thousand and six. Hey dude, I'm gonna give you the tickets cohed taking back Sunday, September eighth year in.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, bro again, thank you for being in home room.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's Jordan.
Speaker 1: Everybody blank.
Speaker 2: Two is First Date ninety four five The buys Leo Donardo DiCaprio watching the set. You won't spend a million dollars through in the middle of the desert.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Astro's gotta win.
Speaker 3: Last night, I think got by the Mariners two to one an extra inning. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Mariners this afternoon. Hunter Brown is gonna be in the Mount foris shows. He'll be going up against Seattle's Luis F. Castillo, who is a different person than Luis Castillo, who started last night for the Mariners.
Speaker 2: First pitch is at three ten.
Speaker 3: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're riding a three game win streak. They're gonna play the Clippers out in La. Coming into this is six and a half point underdogs. Tip Off is at nine thirty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And in golf, the Masters, Hello, Press, I.
Speaker 1: Was already for the Metallica When you're like psyched, you out all right, damn we're getting ready for It's me jim nantz Oh Chili said, hello, friends, he's still.
Speaker 2: Upset about you, of h.
Speaker 3: The Master's Week, Yeah, the Masters is starting tomorrow, but today they're gonna do a par three contest.
Speaker 2: You can watch it.
Speaker 1: Three cons three.
Speaker 2: That's not one, not two, but three pars three pars.
Speaker 5: Can anyone get a hold in one? We'll see today at one o'clock on That's what's going on this spot.
Speaker 1: Get some Metallica one in there, Okay, fine.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, seven oh seven. On this wild card Wednesday, home Day, beautiful day on Tap fifty five outside right now.
Speaker 2: Sunny Sky's coming.
Speaker 1: Load chances of brainload it none hide today of around eighty two are golf tournament shotguns start at noon. Chili's bringing a bunch of stuff out there. We got all these great auction items that we're gonna have out there for everybody. You know, at this point, I want to sit here and rub it into everybody that's not playing.
Speaker 2: But it should be rubbed in.
Speaker 1: I mean, it'd be the prettiest day of the year today and it's our golf tournament, my goodness. So I mean the whole thing is to raise money. Of course, it's the party. It's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. So thanks to all of our great sponsors and all the golfers that are coming out today. Like I said, Rosie's going to be playing beforehand out there on the golf course. Like we party out there. It's just a party on a golf course, it really is. But we will be out there, all of us. Alex gotta get your stuff done.
Speaker 2: You've got a couple.
Speaker 1: You got some holes there that people are expecting you to be there. I imagine they're expecting you to be at the past. The gravy hole right right, there's a bro brad hole, there's a chili hole, ANYC signage. It's the first time they're going to be out there. They got a new hole, sponsor saw. They got some free items at their table. I want to thank Duke and CC Admiral Transfer and Rigging. They're the ones that out there. They'll be out there, the best dressed people out there in their matching outfits, Duke and CEC. They're easy to find. They I don't think they ever repeat items. That's the that's the thing like carry underwood with their with their changes of their costumes. Yeah, I always looking great. Enjoy a couple of car box out there.
Speaker 2: M m m, all right, that's gonna be fun. Should I know today is what is Tariff Day?
Speaker 1: Well, it's it is tariff Day, but I choose I choose not to talk about Tariff Day. And I know I'm gonna be enjoying a couple of Love Street blondes today.
Speaker 2: But it is National Gin and Tonic Day. Hmm, your new late in life Gin and Tonic.
Speaker 1: I have a latent life Gin and Tonic guy. I've talked about it before. I just decided that I needed to drink something other than beer all the time. Not that I drink beer all the time. It didn't sound right, but it's just like, you know, sometimes it's cool to.
Speaker 3: Order a cocktail and I fancy, like I'm wearing a suit, I should order something with with Nicker in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I went with the Ryan Reynolds gin. And then my buddy Mark, who's coming out today. Mark's the guy that works for Sticks and he got us the autograph Sticks guitar that's gonna be in the auction. He's like, Hey, the guy I work for which is the drummer of Sticks. He drinks Mermaid Gin. Now I'm a Specs guy. I'm a Specs guy. The problem is Total Wine is the only one that carries this. It's mermaid zest. It is the best gin I've ever had. And then as I'm talking about National Gin and Tonic Day, this came to me this morning. This is how my brain works. I'm sitting around Gin and Tonic Day, have the gin Blossoms ever toured with Tonic and they called it the Gin and Tonic Tour.
Speaker 2: They never have, they should have. How do what the hell are they even thinking?
Speaker 1: I looked it up. They've done shows together. I may have seen them together, and then you know they made the reference.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know that they ever did.
Speaker 1: But these are two bands, Jim Blossoms and Tonic. How they have never put together the Gin and Tonic Tour. Why don't they.
Speaker 2: Come to me for these things?
Speaker 1: Why doesn't anybody ever ask me?
Speaker 2: Well, because it would have been.
Speaker 1: It just hit me this morning, Gin and Tonic Tour would be a pretty damn good show. Ginger Baker was in h Ginger Baker even drummer of cream. Yeah he could.
Speaker 3: They could have done cream and they could have still been.
Speaker 2: Well, he could have filled in on the kit.
Speaker 1: Well. The other thing that which this would never happen. But if Sticks went out with the Rolling Stones, the Sticks and Stones to our sounds pretty good too.
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty good. So Noah kN has Season and Stick Season. They could have Stick Season Tour.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just saying the Gin and Tonic Tour would have been something that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a huge miss man. I'm like mad that that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: I am too, I am too, all right, like just somebody should hire you.
Speaker 2: Chili gets Chili, get Tonic on the phone. If great ideas here, no one listens. What's his name? Emerson?
Speaker 1: Emerson Hart lead singer Tonic right off the top of my heat boom, Carl Emerson.
Speaker 2: Tell him to call.
Speaker 1: I got a big plan for a summer tour for him. Let me take a break. We'll come back. We've got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending. I got tickets to go see the Hives, stay.
Speaker 12: There, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody, have some concert tickets coming your way, so don't go anywhere. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Seven twenty two, beautiful, beautiful day on tap. You're still in the upper fifties right now, but sunny skies are on the way with highs of around eighty two and next to no chance of rain.
Speaker 2: I see all the same. Stuff's kind of trending right now. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 1: Our number one blog page is the Wildcar Wednesday link.
Speaker 3: So that is definitely trending. Megan Felix. Yeah, just Josh, he's checking her out.
Speaker 1: I'll get you started on that.
Speaker 2: Dominican Republic Nightclub is trending.
Speaker 1: And then locally because Dotel a one time astro's pitcher.
Speaker 2: He was in the club, he passed away, he bought to the hospital.
Speaker 1: He lost his life in that accident.
Speaker 3: At least ninety eight people are dead and over two hundred and fifty five people are injured from the roof collapsing in the Dominican Republic nightclub. Terrible, terrible stuff out of there. And then lastly, I have Hailey Welch. The Hawk to a Girl is trending, dude.
Speaker 1: Number one story on the Looking at Girls blog Page's she.
Speaker 3: Landed a cameo on Glenn Powell's new streaming series Chad Powers, which is a project backed by former NFL should be Hall of Famer Eli Manning. It is set to premiere later this year. There's that's a triending one night.
Speaker 2: Everybody buzz talk to a Girl?
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah, the Looking at Girls blog page a lot of birthdays, a lot of good stories on there. We're looking at Girls blog page is really really good today. Put a lot of work into that. I got some tickets for you.
Speaker 2: The Hives are playing September ninth at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: Tickets will go on sale Friday at ten ticketmaster dot com. If you'd like a pair of tickets now, call us seven one three two, win two five, nine four five The.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show. Found ninety four or five the.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five to buy this. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Offspring, you gotta get away. Offspring coming to town with Jimmy E. World in Newfound Glory, August twenty third. Where where did that little scamp Chili put those tickets?
Speaker 2: Nine ten? Yep, he did put them at nine ten.
Speaker 1: That's where you're gonna win those right now. I got tickets to go see the Hives September ninth, playing up the House of Blues. Chili, the Scamp, you put those tickets right here? Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this is Jamie? Jamie you caller number ten. Please you go to see the Hins. Thank you, rod Thank you appreciate it. I appreciate you, dude, Jamie. I appreciate you. Like just being a part of the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've been listening for years and years, so this is awesome. Do you call a lot or is it you just more just like listen and let over the people do the stuff. I mean, you clearly called today to win tickets, But do you call often to try to get through?
Speaker 3: I do call often, but rarely do I ever get through like this.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude. I'm so happy you got through. You know, radio wizard tells us and then just the radio numbers are there.
Speaker 2: It's like, not even I don't think it's one tenth of the audience that tries to call inter stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, wild oh wow. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's like, yeah, I'm driving all day, so I'm always listening to you all stations.
Speaker 1: Your truck driver, No, I do AC work, okay, So you're yeah you're out there commercial.
Speaker 2: Or home residential and commercial residential okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I always I talk about you guys a lot. Like in the summer, I like.
Speaker 1: I see my guy Bill, I see him go up in the attic. He comes down a different person.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, he lives about five pounds, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He builds a big guy. He comes out about ten pounds lighter. He's got a different color skin, I mean, and he I'm like the third house he goes to. I'm like, how many changes the clothes you got in the truck?
Speaker 2: You guys go through a lot of clothes.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, Jamie, have a great time at that show. All right, thanks for keeping us cool.
Speaker 2: Hang on for me.
Speaker 1: Don't got to worry about that heat today, the beautiful, beautiful day for the golf tournament.
Speaker 2: I mentioned the fact that it was a Gin and Tonic.
Speaker 1: Day, and then I talked about why has why the gym Blossoms never going on tour with Tonic calling it the Gin and Tonic Tour, and then just to outdo me, Jamie listening to the show, he said, fun fact, my cat's names were Tanga Ray and Tonic when I was in my twenties.
Speaker 2: That's better than my story.
Speaker 1: That's better.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Jamie. I appreciate you sharing.
Speaker 1: That with us. Now. It's also ASMR day. Where do you land on anything ASMR Alex?
Speaker 2: Does it hit with you?
Speaker 1: Do you get that tingly feeling? Do you like it?
Speaker 3: I just don't really consume it either, do I I don't really I don't.
Speaker 2: Like it that much. Okay, Like it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: When I do hear it, I like it really, why am I not sitting around asmring? Now, there's probably somebody that don't know what ASMR is. That's fine, that's fine, that's what you got us. ASMR is an acronym autonomous sensory meridian response. So I guess the easy way to talk about it is it refers to a tingling or a calming sensation that some people experience in response to certain stimuli, like people whispering. There's a there's a million YouTube videos on this, so there's you know you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work with dudes. It's like chicks.
Speaker 1: I think it does work with dudes though obviously guys, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, it works on dudes. But are dudes doing the.
Speaker 1: ASMR they scratching their fingernails on microphones and talking all sultry into a.
Speaker 2: You know, into a mic. I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's I feel like there's a lot of girls out there that have these videos, millions of followers. They're whispering, they're tame, they're like, you got to get rid of everything, though, And it's like.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't know they're tapping on the mic there, there's it's just okay.
Speaker 2: I was gonna play an example, but.
Speaker 1: Like I learned about the Who's Chewing Those Chips games that Who's chewing those ships, there's some people that absolutely hate the sound of somebody chewing. People have told me that's the least favorite game on the show. And Who Sip in the Soup that we play.
Speaker 2: A lot of people say it's the greatest game of all time. I think Who Sip in Those Soup is the worst thing we've ever played. True.
Speaker 1: Jessica on the show would have to take part in Who's Chewing Those Chips? And she hated it. She would take off the microphones. She couldn't listen to that sound. And I think ASMR hits people that way too, where it is grating, like jumping out, like jumping.
Speaker 2: On a cheese grater.
Speaker 1: Let me see if this is a decent example of somebody doing some ASMR because she kind of I chose this clip because she explains it.
Speaker 13: Hello, my name is Maria, and I'm here to tell you about as MR Autonomous Sounds ory. Marie game response.
Speaker 1: I like it, dude, I don't like.
Speaker 13: Pleasant tingling feeling. Did you experience when you hear unique soft voices or here certain sounds happy?
Speaker 2: Did that do anything for you? Did you get any Try to chill out, lady, but did you.
Speaker 1: Get any tingly? You got nothing from that?
Speaker 2: It's like a little bit of annoyed or they just talk normal? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not concerned with what they're I don't care what they're saying.
Speaker 2: That's what bothers me. Okay, why are you talking to me like that? Stop? Hi, I'm trying to just do you stop? Yeah? I needed a little bit more whispery. I like it.
Speaker 1: I forget about it. I forget that it's out there. Nor do I ever take the time to sit around and do things like this that are good for me or whether it's not good.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's good.
Speaker 1: Is it good for you? I don't think if it makes you happy? Chili? Where are you at? Hey man? That's my as hey man? What's up?
Speaker 2: I get that tingly feeling too? You ever listen to any of this stuff?
Speaker 1: Does it do anything for you?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 8: It doesn't. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you a question specifically, does.
Speaker 1: It do anything for you that is pleasurable.
Speaker 8: Not I didn't feel nothing.
Speaker 1: I like it. I'm telling you, I get that. It's just it's it starts like in the back of my head. It gets like a little tingly, I don't know, and then it kind of goes down your spine.
Speaker 2: A little bit because you a freak.
Speaker 1: I want to do more of it. It's not freaky, dude. We don't kink shame here, and it's not even this isn't even a kinky thing.
Speaker 14: I mean, but like Alex said, dude, like she seemed like she was trying too hard by talking the way she was talking.
Speaker 2: I should have brought a better example. Oh they're all the same.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like you could have been like, did you watch Rob?
Speaker 2: What's up? Man?
Speaker 8: Did you think about this?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Oh, I got other parts of me moving now.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies, I need to write down, like Rod, take five minutes to do some ASMR listening today? Does anyone do this? Does anyone sit around and listen to ASMR?
Speaker 2: But see if they're continuing? You do this?
Speaker 1: What is that dumb show you started me?
Speaker 2: Watching? Seven?
Speaker 3: Is not a dumb show. It's terrabum shows honor.
Speaker 1: I need an ASMR buddy, like to send me like some cool links.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go look at this.
Speaker 3: Somebod's best to it, Like, what's the best stuff it's gonna come hang out of you during break.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, it's gonna put me in a good mood.
Speaker 8: I mean, if this, you guys should want this.
Speaker 14: And there's if there's leather outfit handcuffs and leather whips and.
Speaker 1: Have nothing to do with chips and decks and chains and whips. Okay, this is a different thing, but that's how it sounds like.
Speaker 14: With that that acronym the asle or whatever, it sounds like it's gonna be that kind of a party.
Speaker 1: Everything's ham titty with you over there. You guys should be sending me links. It puts me in a great mood, makes me feel good.
Speaker 8: All my links are blocked by the company's what's all right?
Speaker 1: I need an ASMR buddy to send me the good links, all right, Rod at the Buzz dot com Shine down ninety four five, the b ninety four five the Buzz, you can all agree that's badass.
Speaker 2: We like the sound of that.
Speaker 1: Shine Down dance Kid dance what we cannot agree upon.
Speaker 2: I'm getting blown up over here.
Speaker 1: People do not like the ASMR Today it's Gin and Tonic Day, It's also ASMR Day.
Speaker 2: I've already explained what it is.
Speaker 1: I like it, Alex doesn't, Chili doesn't. People are experiencing mesophonia like miso hornia, but miso phonia.
Speaker 2: That's like.
Speaker 1: What Jessica, who was on the show, had when she heard people chewing chips. You don't like the sound or something, and like, absolutely it's off putting to you. Yes, the people that I'm hearing from this morning, OMG, I almost turned the radio off.
Speaker 2: That is the most annoying sound ever.
Speaker 1: It's not what I'm trying to do on this radio show, Melanie.
Speaker 2: ASMR does the opposite.
Speaker 1: Of what it's supposed to do to me. It literally makes my body in my ears cringe. I had to turn down the radio for a few seconds. What you were playing on the radio. I cannot stand that whispery voice, says Chad mc.
Speaker 2: If we're in person and you're whispering in a.
Speaker 1: Room, that's fine, But on ASMR videos, that kind of whispering drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: It does anything but relax.
Speaker 1: Me, I have the complete opposite. I love it like I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to explore it. That's why I love the room.
Speaker 1: People are saying that their kids are into this, okay, and then it didn't even hit me. London uses this phrase all the time. Now, she's like, oh my god, look at this. It's so satisfying. Like she says that to me, right, and that's got to be an internet that's got to be a YouTube thing, right.
Speaker 2: And she's really into making slime.
Speaker 1: We make slime at the house all the time and she puts things in it and then she does that where she's playing with the slime. She's like, listen to this, it's so satisfying. And it's like ASMR because you're hearing something that it so. I don't like she's into that, but that that came through me. She's into the ASMR because Dad's into it. I'm just a clause.
Speaker 2: I need to be in it more. I need to do more of it. People are upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it though, having the complete opposite effect.
Speaker 2: It's not your voice, all right, sorry, guys.
Speaker 1: Let's just we'll focus on Gin.
Speaker 2: And Tonic Day Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 6: The Rod last Morning show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show Chat MC rod.
Speaker 2: My ASMR is the guy in the song saying tell them what you want, I'll have the case. Billy Gibbons from Seazy Top. I listened to that song for years not realizing.
Speaker 1: I know you can watch the video and real and seize and see the great legend Billy Gibbons doing it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's his voice.
Speaker 1: That's him doing the ASMR in that song. Ten percent chance of rain. Nothing over that Sunny's guys. Highs up around eighty two for your wild Our Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That's the Instagram feature today.
Speaker 1: Beautiful day rod Ryan Show. Charity golf opened benefiting Texas Adapted Aquatics. What a great day today, Alex, What a great day today. Happy Tariff Day.
Speaker 2: Happy tariff Day to you as well.
Speaker 1: Full lot, I mean, get into the fast laying Grandma. The Bengal game's about to roll. We're like pedaled to the metal on tariffs. Well all we know now, I'm all tariffs all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everyone in The tariffs announced by President Donald Trump last week went into effect at midnight, including a one hundred and four percent tariff on Chinese imports. Is not just China, it's having tariffs levied on the goods though that they sell in the US. Other nations are trying to take a different approach to dealing with them. White House Press Secretary Caroline leave It indicated that the administration's tariff strategy aims to encourage negotiations with various countries, emphasizing the deals will only be made if they benefit American workers. Since last week's announcement of the tariffs, the S and P five hundred and NASTAC have each lost more than twelve percent. At least ninety eight people are dead and two hundred and fifty five others were taken to the hospital after roof collapse at a nightclub in the Dominican Republic yesterday morning. One of those that passed away in the tragedy was former ASTROS pitcher Octavio Dotel. Center of Emergency Operations Director Juan Manuel Mendez said that the search for potential survivors in the rebel at jet Set nightclub in Santo Domingo was continuing through the night, and said that he presumed many people were still alive. He also said that the teams are still working to determine the total number of people who were present at the scene of the time. At the time of the accident, They've also brought in specialized canine units to help with the search.
Speaker 1: There's tons of cell phone video of you know, people just had their videos out, their phones out because they were filming the band that was on stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the.
Speaker 1: Singers singing, and he's pointing upwards.
Speaker 2: He can see you.
Speaker 3: Can see it kind of like it sinks in and the last day, everything dropping and like the video is kind of all go black at that point.
Speaker 2: Man, it's so scary.
Speaker 3: Having kids can be rewarding and meaningful, but it's definitely not cheap. It's always been costly, but these days it's especially challenging for families to keep up. While parents, you can only control some costs, Understanding where the money goes can definitely help. In a recent city from the company smart Asset estimates that the cost of raising a child right now is nearly thirty six thousand dollars a year. Apparently, Massachusetts is the most expensive state to raise a child, while Mississippi is the cheapest. Based on research from lending Tree and smart asset. The biggest expenses in raising a child today are housing, which takes up twenty nine percent of the total costs. Childcare and education is about sixteen percent of your total cost. Then you got food at eighteen percent, formulae cheap, and then you gotta get those little berber things and they're like, oh, hey, we know that you want cheese and shells for your kid.
Speaker 2: That's eighteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Three hundred thousand dollars a kid. Yeah, that's what you're looking at.
Speaker 2: I don't make that. I'll make that at all.
Speaker 3: But yeah, very expensive, breaking news, very expensive to raise a kid.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, keep your stuff in your pants.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're having another.
Speaker 3: One, maybe long Arter Actress Mariska harget Day is directing an HBO documentary about her mom, Jane Mansfield. It's called My Mom Jane, and it's going to feature intimate interviews and a collection of never before seen photos in home movies. While Hargeta tries to grapple with her mother's public and private legacy to discover the depth of who she was not only to her audience, but to those who were the closest to her.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about her mom, nor she you know, and this is probably the narrative she's trying to change. I think she was a poor man's Marilyn Monroe. Okay, she was a blonde bombshell, super attractive. I mean Mariska harget Day's pretty good book, it ye right, Yeah, so her mom was super hot, bombshell of her time. But there was Marilyn Manson. I'm sorry, Marilyn Monroe. It was number one. But you'll never look at a semi truck differently, or you'll never look at one the same. And I've already had three people send me photographs. Oh my god, Rod, I never knew this. It's called the Mansfield bar. Jane Mansfield. She died in a car crash. Mariska Hargatea was in the car. She's about three years old and her brother and the car went underneath the trailer of the eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 2: Did not decapitate her mom. But that's what the story said.
Speaker 1: That state that steel bar that is on the back of the back wheels of the trailer of an eighteen wheeler, that's called a Mansfield bar, so that your car cannot go under the trailer. Yeah, that's what it's commonly called. Every truck driver says, oh, yeah, everybody knows that. I'm like, dude, not everybody knows that, you know, and then you'll see it on trucks now when a truck passes you on the road, so you'll say.
Speaker 2: That's the bar. Oh my god, I never noticed that. It's like, it looks like a bumper, like a low bumper.
Speaker 3: So the documentary is going to premiere in June this year. Green Day front man Billy Joe Armstrong apparently thinks that Jane's addictions Perry Farrell is an a hole. Apparently it all stems from a time that Green Day almost wasn't the opening band at the Lollapalooza show in nineteen ninety four because Farrell. Because of Farrell, the stage manager at the time said that Perry had never pushed back or vitoed a band except for Green Day, and he claims that Farrell said, quote, they're a boy band, and I don't want to book boy bands. He obviously later changed his mind, but it did take the stage manager convincing him to change his mind. Speaking about the incident, Billy Joe said, it was really disappointing because Perry was someone that we really respected. I think that that made us wanted to play Lallapalooza even more actually, because we wanted to prove that he had his head very far up his ass.
Speaker 2: It's weird to have an axe to grind after all those years.
Speaker 1: Obviously Perl people don't forget though, But obviously Perry Ferrell, I mean, is a genius. He put all these he put all these bands. He's responsible for getting all these bands on Lolla Palooza and okay, Green Day.
Speaker 2: He didn't know about them at the time.
Speaker 1: So remember like.
Speaker 3: When you were coming up, there were people that were there were dicks to you and you don't forget.
Speaker 2: Who those people are.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But to be talking about this, I guess is it for the book? Is that one for the book?
Speaker 3: So yeah, you can think more about the history of Lollapalooza in the recently released book titled Lollapalooza The Uncensured Story of Alternative Rocks Wildest Festivals.
Speaker 1: So, like we've been talking about on the show, a book's coming out and they go and they grab one story to try to sell the book.
Speaker 3: Not like Billy Joe's book either, like they like, yeah, hey, talk about when you first played Lollapalouza and he's like, actually, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we almost didn't. And that was not him being like I don't hate that guy, all like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just asked him about like tell us about your experiences, and that just happened to be it. But when the book comes out, those are the expert excerpts you get.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in reading that book. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go Astros got a win last night. They got by the Mariners two to one and extra innings. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Mariners this afternoon. It'll be Hunter Brown who's going to be on the mound for the Stros. Who's going to be going against Seattle's Luis F. Castillo, who is a different person than Luis Castillo who started last night for the Mariners. First pictures at three ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the NBA, Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight, riding at three game win streak.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be playing the Clippers out in La Tip Up.
Speaker 3: That's at nine thirty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and in golf, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's our Masters.
Speaker 3: The Masters start tomorrow, but they're gonna do the par three contests today. You can watch it starting at one o'clock on ESPN. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Of US, rock and altern So the rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Half what part of the show?
Speaker 1: Wait hey to wait over halfway? My goodness, good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to you today. I got a ton of ASMR clips. I'm gonna play for you this hour. I won't do that Alex in upisode do it? It really ups set people? Yeah, man, it's a Gin and Tonic day. I thought that'd be a fun thing to share with you, And then I did a little btw it's ASMR day and I played an example of the air or what a mistake that is?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. It just had the absolute opposite effect. People got upset.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, swing in a miss.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of range.
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today, highs of around eighty two. It's our golf tournament today. We'll take lots of pictures. Chili will take lots of pictures. Chili, let's take lots of pictures today. You know who's not coming out, friend off Eli, He's.
Speaker 2: Not gonna be there.
Speaker 1: If you guys made a video for us with the last ten tournaments, right, he's got to work today. He's taping titties or something.
Speaker 8: I brought the big camera today.
Speaker 2: Look at Chili with that badass camera.
Speaker 8: So I brought it today just in case.
Speaker 2: Are you a canon or a Nikon man? What are you?
Speaker 8: It's whatever I could afford.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 8: It's the cannon at the time.
Speaker 1: It's a cannon. Okay, you're a cannon guy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but do you want to use that thing? No? No, I know one setting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I mean it looks badass around your Yeah, it's a very expensive necklace.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why I only bring it for special locations.
Speaker 1: Let's say lots of pictures today, and that's gonna be my goal too.
Speaker 2: It's on me. That's on me.
Speaker 1: I need to take lots of pictures. We will do so we want to share that experience with you guys. And then maybe next year or if we do another tournament in uh October October, if we do Blue Rock this year, then you'll say, oh, wow, man, those pictures really look like everybody's having a good time. Yeah, you know why, because everybody's having a good time.
Speaker 2: It's literally just a party on golf course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly it.
Speaker 14: And usually I'll take about a thousand pictures, about half of them or over half of them would be very blurry.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true some of you. It's just that's just your art, that's just your style. Yeah, get it. Yeah, that's the look he's going for.
Speaker 8: I'm waiting for.
Speaker 14: Taft to call me. So I'm gonna have my own wall A studio, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna be the next up and coming artist.
Speaker 8: Yeah, photographer.
Speaker 14: You know, a little Chicano text Max whatever, spin to.
Speaker 2: It, little Impanada.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it gonna be my artist name.
Speaker 10: Keith.
Speaker 1: Keith's got the right idea, he said, Rod, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go. I'll see you out there. Rooster's bar hole number one.
Speaker 1: Is roosters is roosters.
Speaker 2: The first hole I don't come on that.
Speaker 1: It's like walking into a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they're ready to party. They do parties, are ready to party. Water Burger's coming out. They're bringing some food early on. So again there's a lot of people playing for the first time. They're asking me, well, what time do I need to get out there? I mean, you want a honey biscuit?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, honey, but a biscuit from Waterburger, Then get there early. If that's just wreck list, If Rooster's Bar from Dayton, Texas is whole number one, that's reckless, okay. Yeah, and then where where are you putting Willie's ice House?
Speaker 2: Shotguns? Done to get it, But like Willie's grill and ice house? Where you putting them? Don't you put that in the middle. They gotta space them out.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they should put them next to each other, because no, after leaving.
Speaker 8: Ross Hole, you need some food in your belly.
Speaker 1: Here's what happens at Will's. Here's what happens. Okay, there's a couple of old dudes.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, with a Jimmy Buffett tequila.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, you can't bring that stuff. They're they're really cracking down on that No, the old dudes I'm talking about are the guys that work at the golf course. Oh yeah, you know, they're probably guys that are retired and they still want to get out in the morning and go do something. So they're kind of like the guys that yell at me. They're they're paid. They're paid by the golf course. Like now they find me, and then they yelled with like, Rod, you gotta get these guys moving. What happens is you get these fun holes on the golf tournament, party holds.
Speaker 2: Them and then all of a sudden, you see and it looks like a drive in.
Speaker 1: Okay, it looks like like Mel's drive in where you see twenty carts all parts and everyone's just it's.
Speaker 2: A dance party.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. So I get I get some old guy in a cart and he's like, Rot, you gotta move these guys along. Okay, I can't have you here, you know, wrapping up your tournament at nine o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess we're gonna have to. Unfortunately, sometimes that happened.
Speaker 1: I take the heat.
Speaker 2: I take the heat on that.
Speaker 14: Actually, I'm gonna start offering my valet services everyone.
Speaker 8: I'm saying tip.
Speaker 14: Polease and then the cars that way, we can leave an open paths so people can just play on.
Speaker 1: I need you to put a hook on your golf cart, hook up a couple of those cars and just drag them out of there or tow truth truth. Yeah, I get in trouble for that. I got these guys on my ass the whole tournament. They're like, Rod, you know what I'm gonna say to you, all right, I'll tell everybody to keep moving, keep listen. It's fun and thank you Wildcat for putting up with us because we you know, it's just the party out there and.
Speaker 2: It's fun and they're awesome. They're awesome to work with. Well's like it's one of the best.
Speaker 3: Like I don't golf a lot, but it's one of the best views from any of the golf courses in Houston that I've bet where you just you can see Astrodome and NRG on the top of it, and it's.
Speaker 1: Thick and it's a great story because when they built Energy Stadium, they had to dig and all of that dirt that they that they removed to make Energy Stadium, because there's a big portion of that that's underground. All of that dirt, they threw it over there, and that's where they got the hills.
Speaker 2: From recycled golf course. That's what I was told. All the dirt that came from NRG went over there. And that's why.
Speaker 1: I mean, cause you know, Houston's flat as can be, but that's why you have those rolling hills out there. It's all that dirt that they removed to put in the stadium.
Speaker 8: I learned something new today.
Speaker 2: Cool story, bro.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know if it's true.
Speaker 2: I just tell I tell that story. I like that story.
Speaker 8: I'm rolling with that one.
Speaker 1: I got three eleven bandflower tickets on the flip Don't go anywhere, hou.
Speaker 12: Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rock Right Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Ninety five because all.
Speaker 1: Right, welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show on this wild card Wednesday. I got some concert tickets coming your way in just a.
Speaker 2: Moment, So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Still in the fifties, about fifty six outside, Sun's gonna come out, Sunny's guys loads next to no chances of rain, high of eighty two. We you know, we're kind of rubbing it in and I don't mind rubbing it in. You should be at the.
Speaker 2: These still have donated money to charit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, I don't mind rubbing it in a little bit. You should be out at the rod Ryan Show charity golf auction or tournament today.
Speaker 2: There will be an auction and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Auction, tournament. But you know, even if you can't golf, who cares. I can't golf. I don't club at all.
Speaker 2: I don't golf. I'm just gonna be hanging out.
Speaker 1: So it's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Dude, the Looking at Girls blog page, I saw it was trendading. I was very very happy about that. That's the one that you know, you guys all know that takes the most work. There's we pull from more websites to pull that together.
Speaker 2: This is the Hawk Too girl. Let's getting everybody in there is Hawk too is what's bringing them in.
Speaker 1: She's back. She's got a film cameo coming up. But there's some birthdays on there. Jenna Jamison. What do you know about Jenna Jamison?
Speaker 2: Do you know her?
Speaker 1: I interviewed her before. She was really nice. She used to be married to Tito Ortiz, the guy that choke you out. Yeah, she was married to Tito for a long time. How old is Jenna Jamison today? Forty nine fifty one?
Speaker 2: Was close.
Speaker 1: I got a video of a mermaid almost gets her head taken off by this huge fish.
Speaker 2: Awesome video. You know. I got a person wearing a tail to a mermaid. Yeah, a real person wearing a tail.
Speaker 1: It's a mermaid in the tank and this fish is swimming by and just goes gulp. Not a shark. But I don't know what is some big tarpin. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Odd. Look, I'm a fish expert. Okay, yeah, please.
Speaker 1: And then Dinah's.
Speaker 2: Favorite actress turns thirty five today, Maryles, I don't know ninety. That's why I was like, it can't be caset. Oh, Chris christ and Stewart. It made me crazy that she liked her so much. For god, I can't stand Kristen Stewart.
Speaker 1: So she's looking at girls.
Speaker 2: Looking at girls is trending.
Speaker 1: So what else?
Speaker 3: Well, not fun stuff. I could just say. Past Degrade podcast is training a new episode up early. You want to go check that out.
Speaker 2: We talked about swimless fish.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, I didn't know that you were up this early.
Speaker 3: We we talked, we did, we talked a little masters, we got into dire Wolves, and then my favorite mock draft maybe that we've ever done. It's a mock draft of things that we don't understand, and that got pretty fun. Uh so go check that out past gray podcast up right now.
Speaker 1: Send me down the rabbit hole. Give me, like, what's the thing that we don't understand? Like, so I know what direction you guys are going on. Could be anything like.
Speaker 2: How microwaves work.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just put food in there, turn it on for two minutes and somehow it's warm. Like I know that there's a lot explanation. I do not understand how the rules the craps.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Don't understand that. I go check it out past your podcast. It's up on the Wildamis Road Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: I have stood with Captain Cash hell End at a craps table for over an hour and I didn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 2: I don't like that's I want to play it so bad.
Speaker 3: It makes like the funnest thing ever, but I'm just like ha, it's like Spanish.
Speaker 1: It's everyone in you feel like the whole table's on the same team and everything.
Speaker 2: I can't figure it out. I can figure it out.
Speaker 3: And then wild Card Wednesday Megan Felix, submitted to us by just Josh.
Speaker 2: Also at the wild Famish Rode Ryan Show page the buz dot Com. Go check it out. It's tending tickets.
Speaker 1: To three eleven Bad Flower May ninth at the seven one three Music Hall. I'll take call her number ten, seven one three two Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Five, I pooped? What the buzz? Ninety four five the buzz?
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Breaking Benjamin and I will not bow, won't do it?
Speaker 2: Let me do it Sunny today, Dude, I mean, just what an awesome day.
Speaker 1: Maybe Jesus loves the rod Ryan Show Charity Gulf Open.
Speaker 2: I think he does.
Speaker 1: Baby Jesus loves loves this tournament. Baby Jesus, huge, huge charity guys, one of the biggest, huge charity kid just dialed up a perfect day for us, Sonny in eighty two.
Speaker 2: Just awesome, just awesome, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning rod Ryan's Show. Who's on the phone here?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: What's this we got here? What's going on?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: This is orlanda Yolanda. Yolanda, it's a beautiful name. There used to be Yolanda Vega. She was I don't know if that was just a New York thing. She was the chick that would be on TV, like they'd break into the news at eleven o'clock or you know, I was on East Coast time, but they she would call out the numbers of the lottery.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, the Baltic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she would read landa Vega, landa vega.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hi, no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking like a fool.
Speaker 2: Your color ten. Would you like some tickets?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, Yes, that's the door.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's three eleven, bad flower, it's May ninth. I don't know if you're free that day.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I will make myself free.
Speaker 1: Those are the balls, like say, it was a it was an air system and it would shoot the and it would shoot oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Oh my god. That was the way back of the day. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, it's May night at seven one three music.
Speaker 2: Yolanda, you're going to the show.
Speaker 1: You're awesome. Thanks for being so cool today.
Speaker 3: Can you get a lottery ball machine for the studio?
Speaker 2: We don't even got to giveaway prizes though. You got me the lottery balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 3: Like who we have torture ten, But it's just you pick numbers and then whoever gets closest wins.
Speaker 1: We got that big thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want a machine? You want the air machine?
Speaker 3: Reach buy one please. I'm sure they're only a couple of thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yolanda, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you for be It's so cool during this ridiculous segment, Hang on, Yolanda. Oh, go anywhere Jelley set her up.
Speaker 2: Here's something next for I should have put up on a lot there.
Speaker 1: Traffic Copter Jim calls in sometimes in the morning and shout yeah like for some reason his phone sounds like he's in a chopper.
Speaker 2: And uh, I don't believe that he's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he got the name traffic copter Jim. He said he's learning how to be a dealer for craps right now. He goes, I got a pretty good understanding of how to play the game now, but knowing how to deal in all the different possible bets and payouts, it's a it's an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 2: That ride. I know that thing I just you know what I like.
Speaker 1: Like we said earlier Craps, it's it's the funnest area of a casino because it's the most noise yause it's everyone they do. It's communal. Everyone's together and you're hearing them. The guy that's rolling the dice. It's but it's it's been portrayed in movies. You got the hot ship blowing on the dice for good luck, you know what I mean. Got a hooker next to you, you rub it on her titties, then you throw the dice.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you make lots of money.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe that's one movie I saw. And I don't want to know how to do any more gambling that I that I already know. I don't want to be the.
Speaker 2: One that I really want.
Speaker 1: But this is kind of scary, like retirement's got to be coming at some point for me. I don't want to sit on a gamble.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know. I don't want to learn. I just want to.
Speaker 1: Know the things that I know. I know it's laughable. I don't know that there's such a thing as a five dollars table anymore. For blackjack, it's a machine, right, but is there a five dollars table maybe at some awful off way off the strip, like Joe's Casino, like you know, regular Joe's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they have dealers just set up at the gas station and it's table all right? They might, Now, I mean, that's that's the level that I want. I don't want to know anymore. I don't caps.
Speaker 3: Also seems like you can like not like blackjack is fun. I like blackjack, but you can also be like, damn it, I just blew through five hundred dollars in ten seconds.
Speaker 1: But what makes it fun is I am at the introductory table and I have actually gotten into it before with somebody. When some guy said, dude, you shouldn't have hit on that. Yeah, I hate you know, the guy from Wisconsin. I'm bad at it too, And I said, bro, you're at the table with the lowest minimum in It. Sounds like this is pretty important to you. You should maybe go up to a more important, you know, a higher up table. This is where people learn, That's where the nubes are. I mean, I never get into it with people. It's happened to me twice. When you just got that guy, it's like, oh, don't do.
Speaker 2: This is Chris Moneymaker. Chill out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm at.
Speaker 1: The five dollars table. Okay, I'm with the old ladies golden girls over here. You're gonna yell at me because I made a mistake.
Speaker 2: To waste it on long iron iced teas. I didn't do what the oil book said to do. So well, Good luck traffic copter Gym.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's going in a new career rule career path.
Speaker 2: Send me some some tips, explain it, Like I'm five to man.
Speaker 1: We talked to yesterday about jobs that you have to deal if you have to have a high tolerance.
Speaker 2: For people yelling at you. You think dealers get.
Speaker 3: Yelled at absolutely, but that maybe I think I felt like we were more sort of talking about like co workers and like bosses. Yeah, this is definitely no because we did talk about customer service.
Speaker 1: That's customer service. So yeah, like you're definitely getting yellow come on, Yeah, I wonder if dealers have to deal with that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that would be terrible.
Speaker 3: I know that people aren't tipping them chips like they do on all the shows and movies.
Speaker 2: I know that doesn't happen as much.
Speaker 1: Good luck, bro The rod Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rot Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: That's new music from Lincoln Park from the bottom too.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite of the new Lincoln part with Emily Armstrong. That is the best song they have put out. I know, we I know that wasn't on the original new album.
Speaker 1: That is the best song they've done. Or are you being chilly right now? And it's just the last Instagram feature that you're in love with?
Speaker 2: I listened to the album. I liked the album. Yeah, that is better than anything on that album.
Speaker 1: That's strong.
Speaker 3: It might be the best song on the radio right now. I haven't said that one in a minute.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, No, it is a great song. I love it too. I love it too.
Speaker 2: And how can you not like her? Now?
Speaker 3: I understand we loved Chester, but how can you not like.
Speaker 2: Emily Armstrong when you hear this?
Speaker 1: And like you said, and I'll go eaven step further. That album they put out, it's full of bangers. Okay, there's four.
Speaker 2: There's not really any skips in that whole.
Speaker 1: Thing, right, that's that's a listen to like straight start to finish. I agree, But there's four singles on that album, and they just didn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to wait. They're like, we have stuff just pouring out of us right now. They went and recorded more stuff and they come out with that, right.
Speaker 2: It's it's awesome. They're getting better and better each time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's for me.
Speaker 3: And I don't compare it to Chester. I don't compare it to that edition. I compare it to this is. This is the new Lincoln Park, and this is what I drive it based on.
Speaker 2: We got to get to.
Speaker 1: A point too, and it's fine, it's still new. You're not gonna have to qualify it every time you say it. Right now, I see what you did and why you did it, because everybody, nobody wants to disrespect Chester. But I look forward to the day where you just listen to that, Like, man, this new Lincoln Park is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I love Chester.
Speaker 8: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're we should be.
Speaker 2: There're gonna miss two bands that are the same band basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: The rock Yeah, what's up with him?
Speaker 1: Adam Levine, Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, George Clooney, if with Booze, Matthew McConaughey, June law All, Ben Affleck, Pierce Brosnan, I'm going back now, Brad Pitt, Harrison Ford, o'clooney again, Denzel brad Pitt A couple of times in there. These guys have been awarded the Sexiest Man Alive. Oh, People Magazine, John Krazinski.
Speaker 2: He's the reigning champion. Right now.
Speaker 1: There is a People Magazine staffer who has made it her mission for this year for Jack Black to be named Sexiest Man Alive.
Speaker 2: Okay, is this.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets a trophy?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Listen those I went through that list of names on purpose. Those are pretty good looking dudes. Okay, most of them are jacked. I get it.
Speaker 2: Sexy is different for everyone.
Speaker 1: But Jack Black, okay, is one chick Robin or bean to Jack Black?
Speaker 3: Yes, who I don't know, but I feel like, what weirdo. Everybody out there has somebody that would okay, you know, I mean like it's like one of those like you can think about it.
Speaker 2: Somebody's into it.
Speaker 3: Maybe not a lot of people, but there's definitely someone out there.
Speaker 2: Maybe this lady.
Speaker 1: I mean, this gives mules like me hope don't get me out, and I should be.
Speaker 2: I should be happy about this, But that kind is why I think I am not upset.
Speaker 1: About I don't lay it.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't lay awake at night shot thinking about people Magazine like Sexiest Man Alive and who it's going to be. But I mean, Jack Black, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Okay with a beard and everything.
Speaker 1: Just you just do a spelling bee or something, you know, just put the best speller on the cover. Who cares what they look like.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day, and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz that's Pearl Jam and Daughter, rod Ryan Show, Wild Car Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Now it's gonna call upon you one more time. Sure, well, I'll try to have the last I'm gonna call upon you. But I'm gonna calls what I'm here to be called upon.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna be called upon.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be called about.
Speaker 1: One more time at least to uh talk to us about what you lined up for. Houston's Headlines today, Tariff's Day, happing Tariff's Day. Everyone I looked, I looked. I shouldn't have looked I looked.
Speaker 2: It's not good. I looked, is probably not great. It's not good? Go ahead, what A Houston said? Wells, good morning everyone, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Tariffs announced by President Donald Trump last week went into effect at midnight, including a one hundred and four percent tariff on Chinese imports. It's not just China that's having tariffs levied on goods that they sell in the US, but other nations are taking a different approach to dealing with them. White House Press Secretary Caroline leave It indicated that the administration's tariff strategy aims to encourage negotiations with the various countries, emphasizing that deals will only be made if they benefit American workers. Since last week's announcements of the teriffs, the S and P five hundred the NASDAK have each lost more than twelve percent.
Speaker 1: Hey, things are on the upside right now.
Speaker 2: So less than twelve or bit better than twelve percent.
Speaker 1: Well, the market's open, no, so on the overnights things were looking back bad. The futures were down. But now market's been opened since a thirty, thank god.
Speaker 2: And things are up.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Looked again, how's how's the dow doing?
Speaker 1: The Dow is now up one hundred and fifty one points, the Nasdaq is up two hundred and thirty two hundred and forty six to Sagui predicted. But half of our audience doesn't care. Did we determine that in our question?
Speaker 2: Literally like half of the people said, we do not care. Okay, Well, what else is on Houston's headlines today?
Speaker 3: Where counter terrorism experts have recommended that Bourbon Street be permanently closed to traffic, an unsurprising recommendation after the terrorist attack that happened there on New Year's Day, when a man drove a pickup truck down the crowded street, killing fourteen and injuring another fifty seven, and the city officials are considering the recommendations to ensure the safety of residents and visitors in the future. Recommendation was specifically to close the first nine blocks of Bourbon Street off to vehicles. I'm trying to find out who's sent them to me, but somebody had sent over a It was a picture of something they do in Europe, and it's the barricades that they can lower the barricades kind of like a drawbridge style. So he was like, that way you could let in trucks and stuff to unload and load, and then you just leave. You lift the barriers again. So what they just would sink into the street level and then rise back up when it's done.
Speaker 1: So what they've done after the tragedy on New Year's Eve they had to get ready for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And you know the French Quarter is the crown jewel.
Speaker 1: Of New Orleans, right, Yes, all of the arteries that go into Bourbon Street, there are these like you would say, like a drawbridge.
Speaker 2: You can drive over them, and it's a big hump during the day.
Speaker 1: But at night, Yeah, they put them up and they're about maybe five feet high and you can you can't get through it. So you're right, there are ways of doing it. They're what they're proposing now is no traffic at all on Bourbon Street, which I said, is impossible to get to all the bars just for the beer delivery alone. You know, you have to have trucks that go up and down on Bourbon Street.
Speaker 3: If you had a system like that, Okay, you got to have some sort of pass or something like that where you get the waiver. Okay, hey I'm delivering to these bars, PLoP them down.
Speaker 2: Let you go PLoP them back up.
Speaker 1: But they cut off traffic and they have barricades up after like let's say five six o'clock or so, that's when you can't drive down Bourbon Street anymore.
Speaker 2: If you think about it.
Speaker 1: New Year's Eve, that guy was it was three o'clock in the morning, barricades were up, he went through them.
Speaker 2: That's true. So I mean you need different barricades. We're reinforced. Yeah, barricades at least.
Speaker 1: I'm all for no pedestrian I don't know what that would be called. Just non commercial vehicles. I'm all for non yess. Yeah, like to stop non commercial vehicles. You don't need to drive on Bourbon sh I.
Speaker 3: Don't have all the answers, but it seems like this that Martin said was.
Speaker 2: A good idea. Okay.
Speaker 3: Uber released its annual Lost and Found index that looks at all the stuff that people left behind in rides hears last year. The most common things people forgot are the stuff that you would probably expect, like phones, while it's keys, luggage, and headphones. But they also shared a list of the most unique things that were left behind in ubers last year, and it included a viking drinking horn, a turtle, a urinal, that's right, a urinal. There you go, a chainsaw, shrek ears, fifteen hookahs, ozimbic, ten live lobsters, two mattresses, and even divorce papers. They also released a list of the weirdest food items that people left behind in their ubers, like a five gallon bucket of beans, one and seventy five sliders, a bucket of feta, and one hundred and eight eggs.
Speaker 1: Usually when this list comes out, there's always like a prosthetic leg or something that like did you not know that you were hopping around on one leg?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you leave your How do you leave your prosthetic in a uber?
Speaker 3: The craziest one to me out of all of those goes to like the two mattresses unless there were those like boxed mattresses, like you can get where they mail them to, and somehow you're just lugging those around, Like if you had mattresses that.
Speaker 2: You had to carry, usually you had to have people help you carry them.
Speaker 8: How do you leave that?
Speaker 3: And it takes up a lot of Yeah, baby, maybe mattresses. I don't know, wild stuff. Have you ever forgot.
Speaker 2: Anything in an uber? No? In a cab.
Speaker 3: I've less sunglasses. My wife forgot our keys one time. You're going, it's the worst.
Speaker 1: The cab in New Orleans and tracking down that cab to try to find your your phone, it's the worst.
Speaker 2: It wasn't an apperating. I think you just had to call like the number or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had to call the cab company. It was a mess. Years ago, Yeah, years ago. It wasn't my phone. It wasn't my phone. It was it was a buddy's phone. Ruined the weekend for the world's now ye.
Speaker 3: Bill Gates recently discussed on a pods that his three kids will not will not inherit all of his money.
Speaker 2: They'll only inherit one percent of his money.
Speaker 3: Forbes estimates that is worth is one hundred and one point two billion dollars, so one percent of that is still at least one billion dollars. It's not like they're gonna be out on the streets or they're getting nothing. My dad was like, hey, son, I'm giving you only one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it, Okay, Dad, that's it, dude, You're worth one hundred Why am I only Why am I only getting one billion?
Speaker 2: You're set up for life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, Gates did say in my ca or quote in my case, my kid's got a great upbringing an education, but less than one percent of total wealth, of my total wealth, because I decided wouldn't be a favorite of them. It's not a dynasty, and I'm not asking them to run Microsoft. I want to give them a chance to have their own earnings and success. The highest calling for these resources is to go back to the neediest through my foundation. I believe he's talking about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. If you can't make it out to the desert in California this weekend for Coachella, that's it's okay because you'll be able to enjoy the festival from the comfort of your own home. You can even be barefoot, smoke your reefer, where your weird outfits.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what you got going on?
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna be busy this weekend.
Speaker 3: But uh, the event now is that will once again live stream performances on YouTube starting on Friday. This year's live stream is also going to let fans watch up the four stages at a time.
Speaker 1: We'd call it that the quad box. Yeah, what time do you think the fc U K E r s are playing. Oh, how do you say that?
Speaker 2: The f qukers? How would you say that? The f qukers? I don't think that's probably what they're trying to to say.
Speaker 1: I wonder what's happening to go on.
Speaker 2: I don't know stream that California Times.
Speaker 1: It was super early barefoot with weed, watching the wearing your little your flower crowns.
Speaker 3: Do that on the couch. If you're doing that, sent us a picture. You can watch it in your quad box. Green Day, Lady Gaga, Post Malone, Travis Scott, and Charlie XCX are all set to perform at the festival. Kashall is also going to be streaming the festivals second weekend from a eighteenth through the twentieth. Is it weird that they space out the weekends like it's not just like back to back weekends like that they take a week off.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know they did that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that either. Lest they're sharing the lineup with somewhere else. The number one's coming back, but no, that is yeah, no, it is. It's back to back weekets. I'm dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gotta be I'm dumb. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The f Qukers. Yeah, go see them.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to check them out of time for that Astros win. Yeah, they beat the Mariners two to one in twelve innings last night. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Mariners this afternoon. Hunter Brown is gonna be on the mound for the Stros. He's gonna be going against Seattle's Luis F. Castillo, who is a different person than Luis Castillo who started last night for the Mariners. Same name, just a different middle initial. First pitch is at three to ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 2: In the NBA, the.
Speaker 3: Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're riding a three game winning streak. They're playing the Clippers out in LA. They come into this as six and a half point underdogs. I think they need one or two more wins to clinch the second seed. They are four games ahead of the Lakers right now. Rockets can get the job done. Just all you gotta do is get another dub Boys, get another dub tip.
Speaker 2: I was at nine thirty.
Speaker 3: You can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In golf, The Masters starts tomorrow, but today they're gonna do the par three contests out of Augusta. You can watch it starting at one o'clock on ESPN. That is what's going on in Sports Houston.
Speaker 12: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Have in Essence with Paul McCoy and Bring Me to Life. I'm gonna do with these golf tournaments for a long time. Paul McCoy was in my four some once when I really I did a golf tournament. Yeah, because he was in the band Twelve Stones. They were from Slidel. I believe they're from Slidel Slide slidell Louisiana, which is just to.
Speaker 2: Outside of New Orleans. The hop Skipping a jump Away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were young guys too. They were young when they got signed to twelve Stones. So the story Paul McCoy is on the same label as Evan Essence.
Speaker 2: Evan Essence.
Speaker 1: You know, they get signed and you're gonna do whatever the label says, right like, well, you know Papa Roach and you know Lincoln Park is kind of doing this thing right now, what if we get this guy to like rap on your song. Well, Amy Lee's not gonna say no, like okay, whatever, sure, whatever we need to do. So they got Paul who was also on the label, and he does his thing on that song. There's not another Evanescent song that even remotely sounds like that. That was all done by some dick behind a table that made them do that. Now the song won a Grammy, So here I.
Speaker 2: Am calling that guy a dick.
Speaker 1: He made them do that song won a Grammy, I believe. But go listen to every single Evanescent song. There's nothing that even common that even kind of sounds like that. They were absolutely forced by the label to do something that was the flavor of the week, and ultimately it worked out. It was good for Paul because twelve Stones didn't really.
Speaker 2: Do a whole lot.
Speaker 1: But as to my recollection, I don't remember him even getting a phone call after they want a Grammy for that song. And I love Amy Lee, I love a but yeah, that's the story of that song.
Speaker 2: Bring Me to Live.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Welcome to the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Everybody. It's almost golf time. Oh my god, almost off time. Man. Wait, it's such a beautiful day. Outside.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jilly, I got an email here.
Speaker 2: Mm hm hmmm. I did have an email here, my father, I had an email here. I got a lot of emails. Oh, I got an email, Jill.
Speaker 1: You know anybody named Tiffany. Yeah, you know, like a bunch of Tiffany's, or you know one specific Tiffany that would be one specifically one that's coming in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, you already picked your winner. Huh. Yeah, I already picked te Doug Tiffany Newell. Yeah, so said.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm absolutely over the moon excited that Chili selected me to come in tomorrow to play Read my Lips with you guys in honor of my visit. I thought I would get more involved and made some suggestions for words for Alex. She suggested it for that now. She suggested a bunch of words to use on you.
Speaker 2: She's playing you.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow, right, She's already trying to cheat.
Speaker 2: Interesting, that's for her.
Speaker 1: That's not cheating. Yes, you can, you absolutely can.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I like to leave it up to the listeners.
Speaker 8: We like to play fair.
Speaker 2: She's a listener, guys. It's Tiffany tea dog.
Speaker 1: You just said it tomorrow.
Speaker 14: She's a player. So she's not listening tomorrow. Tomorrow, she's a player.
Speaker 1: She congratulations, Tiffany. Until then, I'm very happy for you that you're going to be in here, and I can't wait to meet you, she said.
Speaker 2: I'm so stoked to meet everybody tomorrow. Don't say anything dumb right now. That's gonna ruin that, I said.
Speaker 3: She it's all love until she steps into the arena, and then it's gotta be hate.
Speaker 2: All right, we got it just then?
Speaker 1: All right, well the stage love, the stage is set, Alex v Tiffany Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I can't keep losing at A twenty at twenty.
Speaker 1: I don't know what tickets to Chili's gonna put in there, but I can't wait to play tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, she's excited. That's good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's off the table. I do have some tickets to give to everybody.
Speaker 2: I've a chance to win.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got a chance to win these offspring tickets right now, Jimmy World in Newfound Glory.
Speaker 2: What a lineup? August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for caller number ten right now, seven one three.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, The Buzz welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll throw it over to Alex in a second, but first, good morning, go to the phones here. Hello, yes, sir AhR, just ourday. How's it going? Yes, sir Art, it's going great.
Speaker 2: Thank you. How's it going for you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Excellent, man. This is my second time being on here. I did the.
Speaker 10: Hammer Game one time and I said the country music song we talked about c J.
Speaker 1: Stroud, So you didn't win the country You didn't win the Texas Hammer Game because we don't normally do like country songs on that. So right, yeah, I was the idiot that day.
Speaker 2: All right, you took an l on that, but you're taking a dub today, dude. Congratulations, nid thank you.
Speaker 1: That's my fiftieth.
Speaker 10: Birthday to twenty third of August, so I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how that works out. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people are more motivated to call for the shows that are close to their birthdays, but more times than not, when we're giving away these tickets, there's a birthday associated with the person that's winning or whatever, and this is completely I mean, you're the tenth caller, Art, so you just went tickets on your birthday, Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory. What a great way to spend fifty dude, Yes, sir, thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's awesome. Part Thank you, bro. Good to have you on.
Speaker 1: That's their love, y'all man love you mean it when I say it online.
Speaker 3: Kid's Alix Online ninety four five The muzz.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how that worked out. That's awesome. What are you doing today? Okay, this is a pretty cool one. It's called what song?
Speaker 3: And like if you ever watched a show or a movie and like what is that song?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like I know that they got apps and stuff, but maybe you don't have that app on your maybe you don't get to it any time.
Speaker 2: Well, now you can go and you can just.
Speaker 3: Search like this episode or this show, this episode, and it'll show you the soundtrack to that episode and all those songs they played in just to like you can you can also reverse it. So like Evan Essence. We just talked about Evan Essence before the break. I just searched Evan Essence Free middle Life, and you can go see what shows.
Speaker 2: Or movies Evan essence.
Speaker 3: Breamdy Life has been featured in like The Office Season seven episod twenty three, that' when Will Ferrell does the fake juggling act. It was also in the two thousand and three Daredevil movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember that on that soundtrack.
Speaker 1: I listened to music in movies, probably more so than most a lot of the stuff that I play on the show and the things. Just yesterday when we were doing the you want a Cool piece of music? Just yesterday when we did the Torture ten. I don't think I've ever talked about it on the air. That song that I use for the Torture ten. It comes from the movie Smoking Aces, but it's a real powerful scene and it's Ryan Reynolds not being funny and he's in the hospital and he's pulling the plug on Jeremy Piven and his dad and this music is playing it.
Speaker 2: It's so powerful, and I yes, and I knew.
Speaker 1: I like, I don't know what I'm gonna use it for, but I need that piece of music right.
Speaker 2: This is perfect for me.
Speaker 1: I love when I hear a song and it's powerful and it fits the moment.
Speaker 3: It's the best, Like if you're a Severn's fan. You're in Seven's Clasp with me, and you like Defiant Jazz. You might be a fan of Shaky Jake. They played that in the Defiant Jazz. Really fees, so go check it out. You can just search any show or any movie and it will show you the soundtrack from that and it'll show you like episode by episode, like season whatever, episode whatever for TV show.
Speaker 2: So pretty cool. Go check it out. To the well famished rod Ryan Show page, to the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: This is the best AOL you've ever done. This is the best one.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 6: Try you're listening to The rod Ryan Show on the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Pop roach and kill the noise. Well, we got Tiffany lined up. She's I mean, normally we wait till the end of the show, but Sheldy felt so strongly about Tiffany. We got Tiffany coming in tomorrow for reading my lips. So that's out of the way, that's off his plate. He's working ahead because he's got to get out to the golf tournament. We all want to get out to the golf tournament. We got to get out there early. So that's my reminder to you. I know you a lot of stuff to do after the show every day, so.
Speaker 2: Just do what you gotta do. Get out there. Boom.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a beautiful, beautiful day for the Rod Ryan Show. Charity Golf Open benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics thanks to Admiral Transfer and Ringing Rigging dukon CC. Thank you guys, Grazzy Italian Kitchen, Carbock Wanna Burger Roosters Bar in Dayton, Texas. Are they whole one? I'm here in a rumor that they're whole one? But what just out of the gate Willie's Icehouse and grew Express Craned Rigging in this year. Shehelle FCU, Integrity Pool Scapes, Thank you, Splat Houston, the great Jim Adler Mainland Tool, Yellowstone Landscape Company. Just the list goes on and on and on. So many great sponsors this year. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Sometimes I'm planning out.
Speaker 2: The morning show.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm early, like, what am I going to have time to get to?
Speaker 2: What don't I have time to get to?
Speaker 1: Sometimes workshops and things on I'll use our Facebook page. Yeah, yeah, we got a huge I mean three hundred thousand people. Zuckerberg sends my stuff out to about twenty people, But those twenty people are great. We have three hundred and fifty thousand people on our Facebook page and like ten people see our posts.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Makes no sense. Give it up for the algorithm.
Speaker 1: Everybody, what actor, male, female, what actor nailed their role so well that you could never, ever, ever see anyone else doing that role. It's hard to separate it when you like something, it really is. It's hard because I think you have to you have to reserve this conversation to somebody. That's just no way know how could anyone else have done that? I'm going to give you an example that somebody had brought up to me. All Right, Gladiator is one of my favorite movies, and Russell Crowe he nailed it.
Speaker 2: I think a couple of other actors could have done that well.
Speaker 3: They I literally ran it back with basically almost not quite identical, but very similar storyline.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily knowscal did it.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily know that anyone else could have done Braveheart, but I think actors could have done Gladiator.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not gonna go over Well.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be it's gonna look at disrespect.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite movies. You know.
Speaker 1: So people are saying, for an example for this, somebody that nailed their role so well that no one else could Johnny Depp, Captain Jack Sparrow.
Speaker 2: Could anyone else have done that? I don't think so. I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: I think that's one of those unique roles that we just embraced.
Speaker 2: Trying to be him.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, you're not him, and you got to think and give it up to Johnny Depp, who's he's never on my list of favorite actors, but he came up with that character, like he he created that character.
Speaker 2: You know, Keith Ledger Joker that got brought up done in a million times, I know, but that got brought up so many times. I think Joaquin Phoenix did a really good Joker too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the same when I didn't watch that one, but the first one.
Speaker 2: But Heath Ledger got brought up a lot.
Speaker 1: I would go on record as saying almost everything that Jim Carrey and Robin Williams have done, no one else could do it.
Speaker 2: Missdoubt Via would be impossible to do with anyone else.
Speaker 1: But think about what Jim Carrey has done, even if it's a stupid movie like The Mask, No one could do that, only him.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 8: I think he's.
Speaker 1: One of those unique guys that when you hire him, you're getting a part that's been written for him, but that now you've got to keep the cameras rolling because you don't know what he's going to give you someone else. And Robin Williams was like that too, And I just think both of those guys just about every role they ever did, I can't see another person trying that. You just you would fail, and they did fail. There was a Mask too, There was a couple of you know, there was.
Speaker 2: Dumb still his thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, No, someone else that had to that would be Mike Myers because I know that it's voice acting. But like we've we've seen the Chris Farley Shrek renditions of it.
Speaker 2: There are there are some versions that you can get on the internet.
Speaker 3: I can'tnot see my like you're like, no, that's not that's not Shrek.
Speaker 1: Though, But like he created the character Austin Powers, nobody else could do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Powers Wayne's world, Like I can't like if someone else tried to do Wayward, What are you doing?
Speaker 1: So what God mentioned a lot to me, and this is just I'm gonna put this in the court of the of the superhero people. Don't say anything, dumb, Try not to.
Speaker 2: I'll see what I Robert Downey Jr. As Iron Man, Mister's Doctor Doom.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think he saved the whole genre.
Speaker 2: He was so good.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it needed saving, Okay, but Robert Downey Jr. People so many people mentioned that he was so great as iron Man whatever the character's name is, And that's what blows Yeah, that's it. Thanks. So that's what blows my mind that if he's so good at iron Man, why would they risk putting him in there as Doctor Doom or whatever he's doing. Yeah, it's crazy, Like, how are you going to unsee it?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: But these superhero people are.
Speaker 2: So forgiving they don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, hey, I can I can suspend reality and I can be in this other universe and all of this stuff. Like you guys are very like open to these things obviously, but if he is listed as a guy as iron Man, like he just was so great at it, no one else could ever do that. You're just gonna accept him as someone else. It's like I can't un see him. Yeah, it's Robert Downey, Junr. You know, I don't know, James Gandelfini, Tony Soprano mentioned a lot.
Speaker 3: No way anybody else could have done it, and there it's funny when you look at like all the people that tried out for it and stuff like that. I think Steve Carell in the office, like Michael Scott, knowing that other people tried it out for that role and didn't get it. You're like, I cannot see because like he's he's the point where he's Michael Scott and everything I see him in now, like and the Morning Show where it's a very serious character.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's Michael Scott. What are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then the other one that I thought I saw, I got mentioned a lot was Anthony.
Speaker 2: Hopkins Hannibal Lecter. Yeah, he's pretty good. He nailed it so well.
Speaker 1: Nobody could have done that.
Speaker 2: Nobody could have done that.
Speaker 3: So it's just from the cruise in Mission Impossible, Like it's kind of weird to think of another Mission impossible.
Speaker 2: Guy, I don't know. I think that's a plug and play thing.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that he's not good at it, but I think this kind of came up too because Vell Kilmer, you know, like Vel Kilmer for me, and I know Tombstone's not it's just one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 2: And Doc Holliday. There was another.
Speaker 1: Tombstone and I think it might have been called Wyatarp and Doc or maybe the movie was just called white erp And there was another it might have been.
Speaker 2: Oh Jee.
Speaker 1: I forgot who played it because this just wasn't good. Val Kilmer was just so good at that, like nobody else could have done it.
Speaker 2: So Rayleoda and Goodfellas. Yeah, I like that. It's like his voice is a narration for the whole thing. I couldn't picture someone else's voice doing that.
Speaker 1: Yep, I could see that as well. I'm gonna bump this up to the top because I know a lot of people are gonna want to contribute.
Speaker 2: I'll bump this up to the top.
Speaker 1: I'm exciting to goes on like it's like an overnight It's an overnight deal that just took off.
Speaker 2: I got three hundred people commenting on it already.
Speaker 1: I'll bump it up to the top of our Facebook page, and you can tell me what actor nailed their role so well that no one else could have ever compared to that. Here's Stone Temple Pilots in Creep ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Stone Table Pilot's in Creep.
Speaker 2: I've officially.
Speaker 1: Gotten my first text message from the golf course. Oh boy, you think it's like Roger, you know, out there getting set up and everything.
Speaker 2: No, it's Hustle. He's already driving her. It's hustle. It's on Brandon, he's out there already. The weather. Oh my god, it looks so great out there. It looks so awesome out there. It's a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: Just know that you should be a part of this rod Ryan Show charity golf open that's happening today, don't. It's so much better than stinky work work socks today. Thomas almost over for us, most over for us. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for joining us. We did leave some Buzzfest tickets to give to you. I want you to join us out there at the Woodlands on Saturday, May twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: We know the lineup, Well, we don't.
Speaker 1: Know about the entire lineup, because we still are going to have an opening band that is going to get things started for us, and it's going to be a local band. And if you want to be that local band, you can get all that information at the buzz dot com. But tickets to buzzfests coming up on No the Show, Stay There.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Shows ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's Show. We got to get right into this comb all.
Speaker 6: La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, time for know the show, take us the Buzzfest on the chopping Block.
Speaker 2: Alex, your question, what.
Speaker 3: Did we learn that Rod is a fan of today?
Speaker 2: That Chili and I both Oh my god, every listener just wanted to reach out to me. I mean, I feel like every listener hated that segment today on the show. I'm into it.
Speaker 1: I just don't do it, but I want to start carve out.
Speaker 2: Some time to do this though. You don't do it on air. Do it every day? Yeah, I'm not gonna do it on the air ever again.
Speaker 1: Please if I ever try to do it on the air, stop me, okay, please done.
Speaker 2: Throw something at me.
Speaker 1: People hated that segment today on the air seven one, three two. If you know the show, it's ninety four to five The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan's show, an infarm there, Michael Jackson cover of Smooth Criminal.
Speaker 2: That's it it, guys, we gotta go.
Speaker 1: Well, let me go to the phones here, take care of this person. Please now time for know this show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi, Nikkia, welcome to the show. Hello, Hello, all right, let's get let's make this painless. Alex.
Speaker 2: All right, what did Rod admit to liking today? That chili? And I hate amr?
Speaker 1: Where do you land on this, Nikki? You do you like it? Does it do that tingly feeling cool thing to you? Or is it like fingernails on a truck board?
Speaker 2: Me and the kids watched a lot of mostly people eating and stuff. I'm not too big on the whispering, but we like all.
Speaker 7: The other stuff you do.
Speaker 1: And it's weird because the eating. I'm not interested in people eating at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 1: Other things of like opening things and the fingernails and my kids got London's doing this with slime. She's like, listen to this, can you hear this? It's so satisfying. I guess that's I guess that's a version of as Mr.
Speaker 2: Whisper. Thing really gets me going.
Speaker 1: Though it's not as I can't explain it. It's not a sexual thing. It's just like a tingly like I like the way I feel. I need to do more of it.
Speaker 2: Nikki, you win.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna get you some Buzzfest tickets. All right, thank you, Thank you, Nikki, have a great day.
Speaker 2: We'll see you out there.
Speaker 1: All right. This guy and his camera over here, Hey, Andy Lebowitz, what's time you're leaving?
Speaker 2: He's the only photographer I could think of.
Speaker 1: Is there a famous photographer? As soon as we get out of it, yo, Ansel Adams, you take us some black and whites?
Speaker 2: Today is today food? I really don't know a lot of photographers.
Speaker 1: I don't think, well, not right now, I don't.
Speaker 2: All right, you know me. Let's get some nice artsy black and whites out there.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah you already filter.
Speaker 2: Second, get on there, hand some chili Adams?
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, why are you here. You should be in the other room doing something. Can't I have to finish the show, Okay, Yeah, let's finish the show fternity Paul. According to other John started playing when I was on paternity leave. So I walked in and found out that he was like the champion.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who is this? Who's this Paul guy?
Speaker 1: And he was on while I was on paternity leave back, so that guy played seven years ago when London was going. So he's going for win number four tomorrow, fresh out of bed.
Speaker 2: Head to head.
Speaker 1: Bull have Tiffany in studio taking on Alex. She is the chosen one tomorrow. She'll be in with this at around a twenty or so.
Speaker 2: So that's gonna be fun. All the tickets, the Buzzfest, the Offspring, the three eleven, the.
Speaker 1: Hives, all these tickets that we've been giving away, We're going to continue to give those away tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 2: And it's throwback Thursday. And I think I got and I think.
Speaker 1: I got the okay on the Pixies, what was the other one that we suggested? It was Pixies, the Hives, Ives, Hives, And then I said, I told him, I said, why don't you, I go. I always wanted to make him feel like he's in charge, because he is, I said, and then maybe get an old old like Newfound Glory or a new or an old Jimmy Eat World song.
Speaker 2: You throw that in there.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what he's gonna do for that third song, but I think we got the thumbs up on the Pixies and the Hives.
Speaker 2: Because we were just we were excited about those songs this week. So that's it.
Speaker 1: Jeremy always excited about seeing him. He's up next. He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: I promise, Okay, I got well.
Speaker 1: If I could just come up with one more, I came up with two photographers, one more, one more, one more famous photographer. I got chili out there taking pictures, but I just chill. I'll make sure that I get a bunch of pictures as well. I know everyone's emailing me famous photographers, and I just can't. I just can't be funny right now. I just want to be on the golf course, have a great day. Everybody can't wait to see all my golfers and all my volunteers. And everybody involved in all the sponsors and everything out there for the tournament.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break and you know we'll all be hung over tomorrow a m.
Speaker 7: Af Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the
Speaker 7: World famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.