Speaker 1: He's night side with Dan Ray I'm w Bsy Costin's Radio.
Speaker 2: Theyy you very much. Dan Walkers also bring Red Sox fans up to date. Raffie Devers, in his first ab for the San Francisco Giants struck out, so he's all for one for the Giants, but I suspect he'll hit a home run pretty soon. We're going to take an opportunity here to talk about the Karen Reid trial today. There were four questions that were submitted by the jurors to the judge, Judge Beverly Canoni. All of those questions have been interpreted differently by different people. Very difficult to tell what's going on. My suspicion is that I thought the questions overall, just overall, were beneficial for the defense. That was my take on it. Now you might agree or disagree, It doesn't really matter what to know what you're taking is on the case. And also love to talk to some people who have actually been out there for the duration or have been out there many days as part of the support team of Karen Reid. I think it's interesting. It's a high profile case and people do get interested and they become committed and again, I'm not going to detegrate what they're doing out there. They have every right to be out there, and I'm sure that it provides her a lot of psychological support. The only lines open right now are six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. You could be from New England because this is a New England case of Massachusetts case, or you can be from anywhere in the country and you may have a belief in what did or did not happen. That's what we're talking about. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Next up is Steve in Bridgewater. Steve, Welcome to Night's I go right ahead, Steve.
Speaker 3: Hi Jan Yeah, I got a few things I want to say. Comments first, and that is yeah, I heard a gal talk a couple of several calls ago, and she went over a lot of things that she the one that said nobody will ever know what really happened that night, which is she's one thousand percent correct, but based on a lot of things she said, obviously she's been following the case a lot more than I have been, and I hear the case being saturated with reasonable doubt. That's how I hear it. So I think the jury should have an easy time getting you know, finding her not guilty. But the question that they asked the judge today, you know, and the judge said she couldn't answer.
Speaker 2: I think that I think that the question that the judge felt she could not answer was the fourth question. If we find not guilty on two charges but can't agree on one charge, is it a hung jury on all three charges or just one charge? That was a very specific question. Uh, And she said this is a theoretical question, not one that I can answer. I think that's the one you're talking.
Speaker 3: About, right, Yeah, But I thought they have to find they have to come to an agreement on all of them, you know, not no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no. That's the point that was I thought the mistake if there was a mistake in the first trial. So she's charged with let's just walk through it. She's charged with second degree murder. That's the most serious charge. You have to prove on second degree murder, some form of intent. I don't think that there's any evidence that you could come up with any sort of intent. Normally, second degree murder can be a crime of passion. It's you know, a barroom fight and and some guy hits uh, hits the guy, no question about that. Hits him. However, however, h he didn't intend to kill him, and it's he hit his head on the floor or whatever, and so that's what happens. It's more, it's not an accident. He threw the punch. But that's your classic second degree murder case or a crime of great passion. All of that. Then the second one, manslaughter while operating a vehicle under the influence of liquor. Now, if you take that, there's three lesser included charges, which means they could come back with simply manslaughter without reference to the liquor. They could come back with motor vehicle homicide, or they come back with a simple OUI. And then the third one, leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death. They could come up with any combination here. I think second degree murder is probably off the board. I think yes, leaving the scene of an accident resulting in a death, that's kind of straightforward. She did not know, she did not have to know as an element of that crime that the guy was dead. But she could have known, or you could impute knowledge to her that that she hit him if she did. And again that's why the lawyers are arguing there's no evidence and that that that her vehicle struck him. It's not like she's got to get out and say Lee looks dead to me, I'm getting the hell out of here. No, it's it's you have an accident in the road with somebody, uh, and and and you don't go over and and somehow, some way that person dies from the accident. You could be on the hook for leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death or resulting in damage to personal property. So yeah, I think that if they come back, they could come back or they could say not guilty on one, they could say not guilty on two, and they could come back with guilty on three. Well they could yeah, yeah, or different combination.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true. There are times people are found not guilty on certain things but guilty on this. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, juris can come back with split verdicts. It's attap to that. So we'll see what I make.
Speaker 3: One of the comic you know, you mentioned about, you mentioned about you. Don't think the entire country knows you. I think every everybody in else, the entire US knows. You know why I'm saying that, Why that's your tube. I watched Court TV and there and they talk about it every night and there.
Speaker 2: I know they're nation wide, well they are nationwide. But I got to tell you, there's a lot of people who don't know the name of the vice president of the United States. They do those polls all the time. There's a lot of people who live in their own reality and they just don't have a clue. I mean, you know, that's just that's the reality that they have. They're they're living their life. Yeah, when I say it's I mean I think everybody knew about the O. J. Simpson case. I don't think this is at that level. It's known by a lot of people, there's no question, but yeah, I don't think everyone. There's a lot of people kind of zone out. They lived their life and they probably there were some people who don't know. Well, it was tough to Donald Trump, but there were people when they asked who was president with Joe Biden, there were people who were I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I knowed My brother out in Arizona. If he knows, I'll ask him tomorrow. He lives out in Tucson. Dan I'm gonna ask him if he knows, all right.
Speaker 2: Call me back, let me know what he says.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, all right, Jan, thanks for the call.
Speaker 2: Thanks Fred, appreciate your call. Brother, Steve, excuse me, thank you, Steve. I appreciate your call.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Frank is next. I got some open lines here. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'm still looking for the first person who has been out there, uh, and would love to express why again. I can understand following the case. I can understand maybe be over there a couple of days, but there are people who have been out there religiously throughout the trial. That's quite a commitment. Six one, seven, two, five, four tenth six seven the Karen Read case. My sense is that with based on the jury decision questions that were directed to the judge today, I think you're going to get a decision on this tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to bet my life on that, but I think it's more likely than not you'll get a decision tomorrow. If you don't get one tomorrow, we'll get it on Thursday. I think that this this jury is getting close, and that's my view. Whatever you have to say on it. Agreed, disagree, More importantly what you think. That's what I want to hear from you. Join the conversation back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get right back to the calls. You're going to go to Frank in Boston. Frank, appreciate your patience. It is paid off. You are next on Nightside, Frank.
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you, sir. Hey, he got hit by the car. Okay, he got hit by the car, the tail gate smashed, the the sharp edges and the cutting his arm and that's how he got the cuts. And also my my, my other question, but my question is after that, just why are these people gravitating to this woman so much?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, first of all, I think you stated you're The first thing you stated was your belief in the case, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Uh. I think that there's a lot of people who have come to the belief that nothing happened at the car and that uh, he went into the party at this house and got into a bit of a dust up or a fight, whatever you want to call it, with people inside. Uh, and.
Speaker 6: The the are argument that people have made to me is oh, yeah, he he uh, he got punched out by someone and then uh, maybe they they didn't realize he was dead and they just threw him out on the lawn to have him, you know, sleep it off or something.
Speaker 2: That's that's the the other point of view. And you can talk to some of those folks and they are deeply committed to that belief. They they they cite all sorts of uh facts. For example, they will tell you that there was a dog that was in the house which was rehoused, was moved away. I had no idea where the dog ended up. I don't know if the dog is still alive. And and that they there was a carpet which was cut up and removed. And obviously people who believe that, and I haven't seen evidence to that. It was not put in as an affirmative defense to the best of my knowledge, but but that's what people believe. And and as a result of those beliefs, they assume that Karen Reid is being set up for a homicide indictment, when in fact she's a victim like her former boyfriend who was killed but not by Karen Reid. That's where that's where they come from. Where they're coming from.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that that that's my scenario about the sharp ends on the cracked tailgate light tail light might be the cause of those those scars on those cuts on his arm.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's what the prosecution would like the jury to believe. I think you're right on that. That's what the I think that you're correct that with that's the prosecution's theory.
Speaker 5: But I still don't understand how these there's something going on in that community have made these people such celebrities. I mean, something bad going on over there for them so jump on his case like they have. It seems like, well.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a high profile case and it involves a young couple.
Speaker 5: You think so, I don't think so. It seems like it seemed like a recul murder case that that would that that would just be on the news one off the news the next day.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, the man who's dead is a police officer, his girlfriend is his girlfriend is accused of having in some form of fashion killed him. That's I think That's what I don't know. Maybe someone will call and have a better explanation of a Frank I'm I'm I'm not an expert.
Speaker 5: No reason I say that is because they've come out so loudly against the police.
Speaker 2: Well they kept them come out against I think the Canton police. Yeah yeah, well, I mean I think that. Well. I think that as the story got told and retold, people came to believe it. I don't know the truth. I'm not I don't know what happened. I wasn't there. All right, Frank appreciate you call. Always gonna hear your voice. Thanks much. Tuck right back at you. Okay, we're picking it up a little bit here. Let me go next to Matt in Franklin. Hey, Matt, welcome back to night sig go righthead, Matt.
Speaker 7: Yeay dan So I said from the beginning, I thought they should have sequestered the jury and relocated the trial. I just think she went on such a pr campaign with the bloggers that everybody's mind was already made up. And the Free Karen re conspiracy people. You can't convince them otherwise. They're just completely convinced. It's like, have any of you people done any serious drinking in your life? The first thing you remember when you sober up is what you did wrong, and she is four hours later going out looking for someone she's assuming's dead. It's like usually when you get into the argument met with someone that's like got to be your ex, It's like I'll wake up and noon and forget about it and maybe we're still together. But she's out there looking for him like he's dead and finds them. It's like, well, that's usually what happens when you sort of blackout or a blackout or were almost there. So it's just like, yeah, they're gonna have a tough time. I think it's gonna be a repeat.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. You know, Matt, It's funny, if you were a psychology professor, you could have been a witness in this case because if you had yeah, if you had the.
Speaker 7: She's from here, they flow her out. She's like, oh, I want to come home and visit and I sort of know you Alan, and then they fly her out here for the weekend and she's somehow an expert after having treated the dog bite in thirty five years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, well you obviously know more about the case than I do. I was joking with you, and what I'm saying to you is that if Let's say you were you had a psychology decree, then you could have gone in there and you could have presented that and said, hey, the first thing that people think of in the morning is oh, that's what I did, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: First hand experience from back in the day. What I'm gonna say too.
Speaker 7: About that's crazy about it is like everybody's like everybody in the town's in on it. It's you're from Sherburne, right.
Speaker 2: I lived in We lived in sherburn for twenty.
Speaker 3: Years, but I grew up overnight.
Speaker 7: Like a lot of those towns are like the Keystone Cops overnight. It's like, does anybody think we'd have like the best of the best investigating this thing in the morning at seven in the morning. It's like and they're like, oh, they all know each other. It's like that's every single town around Boston. It's all people that are like Irish that move one town over.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, we got we got be knocking the Irish here on dan Ratio.
Speaker 4: Go yeah, but I mean I'm Irish.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no. What I'm saying to you is this, when I understand the argument you're making. However, what mitigates against your your argument is that when a police officer is dead, generally police officers get on their best behavior because that's the case they want to solve. Now, the behavior of a couple of the state police investigators on that case seem to be pretty cavalier, which surprised.
Speaker 7: That they obviously weren't expecting them to get up their hands on the phone. And I think a lot of that had to do with Rachel Rollins.
Speaker 2: So well, again, you're you're going deep into, uh, into a theory that I'm not familiar with. But what I'm saying is, as a police officer, and you're a state police officer, and you're a homicide investigator, and and the and the and the body that you're investigating or the crime you're trying to solve is that of a fellow police officer. In my opinion, most police officers to take that responsibility pretty seriously. They wouldn't be saying, hey, check her file for nude pictures or whatever. I'm checking her file for new I mean, that's a little over the top, but and and I think it's it was egregious, that's all. You don't think that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And at the same time, like if you have the woman that was hammered outside the house screaming should hit him, and then their cars.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 7: It's like, how much of an investigation are they really going to do into.
Speaker 3: The house, on the surrounding tables, the bodies on the yard.
Speaker 7: There's a glass there that they found. It's like, why would they talk to all these Okay, well.
Speaker 2: You're well, I still think I would think that that even if they concluded, let's assume that they concluded, oh yeah, this uh, this this woman who's running around saying I think I might have hit him. I think I might have hit him. I would think. And I'm not a police officer, No will life play one of the radio, but I would think that I might not loo on a few doors in the area and say, hey, you guys happen to have like a video cam or anything that that that has been you know, those cameras as you know, self erase in many cases after twenty four hours. Yeah, you would think that did you hear anything out here last night? Were you guys asleep at twelve o'clock? Oh no, we had a party. Oh really? Oh okay, any drinking going on? You know? I mean, I would think not only the house where he was found on the lawn dead, but maybe the next door neighbor's house and the guy across the street. I would think, I don't know, maybe I'm asking too much, but.
Speaker 7: You or no, they're probably half awake anyways.
Speaker 4: But that's that's.
Speaker 2: Why, that's why, that's why God invented Duncan Donuts coffee so police would wouldn't be half half asleep in the morning. Come on, a man, I love you.
Speaker 4: Call you.
Speaker 2: You got to You're you're kind of sardonic, but I loved your call. Thanks man, keep calling. Okay, it's a good one. Coming back on Nightside, we get the news at the bottom of the hour. We are keeping our eye in the Middle East. Don't worry about that. Coming right back on Nightshide.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Your own personal Raffie Devers watch continues here on Nightside. Devers has just doubled first hit with the Giants and drove in his first run with the Giants. Meanwhile, the Red Sox are losing in Seattle tonight. The last time I looked at it still is five to nothing. Let's keep going here. We're talking about a different scorecard and gonna go to John in Salem, Massachusetts. We're talking about the Karen retrap. I'm still looking for some people who have been out there a day after day after day. Hey John, welcome next on Nightshide.
Speaker 3: Hey how you doing.
Speaker 8: So I just want to answer that guy's question real quick, is why is the fanfare about so high?
Speaker 4: It's always that way when it's.
Speaker 8: Just non criminal people. I mean, nobody's going to follow a trial of some criminal that you know, murdered somebody in the streets somewhere. But anyway, that's why they're They're all kind of normal people.
Speaker 4: She was a professor, he was a policeman.
Speaker 8: It's understandable.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great point obviously, the O. J. Simpson trial because of who O J. Simpson was, the guy who played football, the guy who was a Heisman Trophy winner, the guy who was was it was it hurts or avis that he was that he used to run through airport.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then and then you had the Scott Peterson and the Standard you know, husband kills the wife and the baby.
Speaker 4: You know the Peterson Well, they weren't well known people.
Speaker 2: So I mean that's if Peterson is closer.
Speaker 8: To this, but that Yeah, that's what I'm saying, though there were not they were non criminal people, whether or not. I mean, no, I know it wasn't well known either.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If there's a couple of guys who you know, end up in a in a fight, I don't know, you know it involved you know, in drug deals or something like that, you kind of assume that that's what's going to happen, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when it's clearly somebody that's guilty, you don't really want to follow them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me ask you one more question.
Speaker 8: Sure anywhere in the trial, and I know you haven't been there the whole time in me neither, but did anyone ever talk about insurance? Like, you know, so I have a trampoline in a pool, and if somebody gets hurt, just hurt, you know, and maybe brought to the emergency room for stitches, the insurance company does investigations, and what do they think happened? And was the body really on city property or their front lawn because it was their front lawn, there's going to be one hundred page report on that.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I assume that whoever owned that home would have had some homeowners insurance because obviously, if someone walks up your steps and slips on your steps, so there's a loose brinker front steps, and you have personal liability. So I would assume that, but maybe they don't. I don't know that this is ever brought up at all. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't followed the case on a day to day basis, but I haven't followed like I'm following Raffie Devers in San Francisco tonight. Let me put it like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and maybe maybe he did just stagger out there. I mean to be honest with you that I staggered home a couple of times in my days, and I don't want to tell you where I was sitting on rocks or doing whatever I was doing. Yeah, so maybe he didn't get dragged. Maybe he did get in a fight, they thought it was over, he walks out, thinks she's coming back, and he just falls down.
Speaker 2: I guess that's why I said earlier. No matter what happens with the verdict, I'm not sure that we're ever gonna know for sure. I mean, if there has been a doorbell camera, Let's say that there was a doorbell camera that the state police had discovered and on the camera were pictures of him walking into the house, and the state police had secured that camera, that video footage that night. She never would have been indicted.
Speaker 8: But if it really was a blizzard, those cameras aren't the best things in the world anyway. If it's a blizzard, you could just see an image walking in. But I think he walked out on his own after a brawl.
Speaker 2: Well again, what you think? And I think it is interesting, but it doesn't the jury's not going to have go No.
Speaker 8: I wanted I wanted to know what the insurance company thinks. That's where I want to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I don't. I don't know if to the best of mine, I have heard nothing in any of this, and we have a lot.
Speaker 8: Of and even the even the auto insurance. If you have a beautiful Lexus that kill somebody or you know, at least accused of, there's going to be an investigation there as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely there should be.
Speaker 8: But again then you can compare it, and then you compare all three. Yeah, okay, one, all right, John, thank you, Dan, thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's someone out there listening who's going to be able to say to us there was an insurance report filed. I don't know that to be the truth. So simple as that, I'm one of these guys. I enjoy the conversation. I learned as much from you guys as you might learn from me. I probably learned more from you guys. It's as simple as that. I there are some things that.
Speaker 8: I and there is a bottom line here. The bottom line is something something happened to him.
Speaker 2: It's the bottom line is a young guy who adopted two children. Uh is not in a police officer people?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I mean you assume we're all flawed, right, Yeah, they weren't gang members, is what I think you're trying to say to me in a different way.
Speaker 2: Simple as that, Hey, John, I gotta roll here. You gotta go. Thank you much, Thank you. Good call. Thoughtful, thoughtful, Appreciate it, Appreciate it. Mike is in Newton, Mike, you were next on a Nightsiger Right ahead, Mike.
Speaker 4: Damn, my blood is boiling.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm happy to that. I hope it's only caused by the conversation and you don't have some sort of blood.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, No, I haven't been down in Denham, but I've watched just about every single day of both trials. We have watched everything. People that are calling in they haven't watched the evidence, Dan, the evidence, the arc of people. They didn't nobody hit him. The vehicles did not hit him. That, doctor Lapisada. The vehicle did not hit him. The X rays, there was no bruising, There were no broken bones, Doctor Russell. They were dog bites. There were animal bites. The Dighton cop who picked up the car from Karen's father's house said it was a cracked tail light. And when he was instructed to go to the house at five o'clock or something in the afternoon there to pick up the car from from her father's house, he said, we're investigating the homicide. That it was a done deal by the time they got to the car at Karen's house. And then a hare followed from from wherever it was. I don't know where it was. It was fall River or something. All the way back to the Canton Sallyport. One piece of hair was stuck on the bumper. And then the Boston cop who recanted her complete story, her complete testimony because she went upstairs and talked to the police commission. Oh that I had a brain. I had a brain.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal, here's the deal. You're you're speculating wildly in terms of that. She talked to the police commissioner. I know no evidence that that was introduced in court to that effect.
Speaker 4: It came out in trial, Jess. They talked to See the problem is you guys didn't listen to the trial.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the deal. Here's the deal. It came up, here's the deal. Here's the deal. You're correct. Let me be honest with you. Okay, Mike, you're correct. I did not spend my day as apparently you were able to do listening to No, No, No, No.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't spend my day. No. I worked all day and then I came home at night and Will I listened to Better Throw. I listened to UH a number of other stations. We watched the trial. We watched every single bit of it. We watched all the evidence.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got to get a life, John, You've got to get a life here, Okay, excuse me, Mike, Mike.
Speaker 4: Dan You're you're losing it. You got a little dementia.
Speaker 2: Oh please, you know what, Mike, you know want you you know, stick it in your ear. Okay, have a great mode. Yeah, okay, uh see you see you. I was actually I was panning to go to my lext my next caller. Uh. You you need to get a life, Okay. Uh I I know enough about the case to know what what made UH coverage both in the Globe, the Herald and on the major stations. So again, anyway, stick it in your ear mind as simple as that. Okay, we'll leave it at that. We'll take a no, I'll take one more call here. Actually I'm going to go to Ian and San Antonio, Texas. Ian has this story made its way all the way to Texas?
Speaker 10: Oh? Yes? And yeah. So this is what I wanted to tell you about the way I see things. And I didn't follow the first trial. It was a glance. It was at a glance every once in a while. What caught my attention on the first trial was the comments of a detective proctor. I couldn't believe my ears, but it harkened me back to when I grew up there and I knew and I have one hundred support behind law enforcement. Personally, I believe in safety. But there is something particular, particularly peculiar about some jurisdictions there in Massachusetts. I grew up there, and I've seen it with my own eyes, and I did watch the first trial because I didn't want to make an opinion unless I saw for myself the evidence in trial.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what's.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 10: She is completely not guilty. It was a frame up. The evidence in court was compelling in that in all those on all that those counts, they police completely did not do their job un ethically or ethically. The night of the accident. Nothing he was investigated but a little, a little bit around him. They didn't knock on if this is what I think happened, if they had done their job that night, they would have known what happened. I believe that he walked in the house, into the not into the house, excuse me, the garage. There's a door to the right that went directly into the garage, and he was attacked by the dog. In the force of that dog, uh knocked him back right back on his head, and the dog did him. Okay, I don't believe there was a fight. I believe they came. They didn't know this happened. The occupants of the house for a little for a bit, and then he was found, and then they tried to cover it up and frame her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well again, well I don't want to say frame her. No, I take that back. They I think they really did want to make it look like the plow, you know, stopping.
Speaker 4: Their job.
Speaker 10: Okay for investigation.
Speaker 2: So did you grow up in Boston? And is that what you said?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, you realize that. So you're not related to Dave the other fellow who calls from San Antonio. No, I didn't know if you were next door neighbor or something. How'd you get to San Antonio?
Speaker 10: My husband's job is taking us all around the world.
Speaker 2: Really, okay? Military military, Yes, yes, good for you, Thank you, thank your husband for service. Well, I that's you presented it very well. You presented what your belief is, which is what which is what we do here on night side.
Speaker 10: And uh, I believe that she was drunk driving, I mean to drink that much and go in a car, and they all did and that was I found that quite striking that nobody and this is law enforced, and they had no compunction about getting in the cars and driving after drinking at a bar.
Speaker 2: There was Well, I think that part of that is that police officers sometimes figure that they get a courtesy from another police officer. But like anything else, you gotta you gotta always make sure that Yeah, no, you're right on that one. Yeah, thank you so much. That was a great I really appreciate it. Keep in touch. I thought you would like I don't know. I figured that you must have known Day from San Antonio. When you see him down there, say hello for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, thanks, I talk.
Speaker 2: To you than now. See I just had a mystery solve. Let me take a quick break. Come right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on wz Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Right, let's keep rolling here. I'm gonna go to John and Boston John next on nights. I go ahead, thanks you.
Speaker 4: I don't want to nurse. The other n I called to that he was Johnald Key was missing three liters of blood. There was a lot of blood that was missing. I try to find that in the records of the court that I couldn't quite fight. It's not saying it's not there, but whether I do no, even if it was three pints of blood, it would be all over that ground there, and it just wasn't that amount of blood. Also, there was blood going down a shirt. And if he was laying a hit by the car, he would it would be around his neck and his shoulders. And a couple observations also did the experts. The experts said he was not hit by a car. So then what are the amateur jer was supposed to think? If the experts said that he was not hit by a car, then how was the amateur jervey What are they supposed to think?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: And you don't need to be a trained journalist or at the beginning to know that. Hey, you know, just to the Palace of O. You can't have a tremendous grass of the obvious, just know one. Hey, wait a minute, the experts said he wasn't hit by a car.
Speaker 2: No, No, I get that. No, I get that. I understand what you say, and I understood it was but normally normally, and again I had the disadvantage of being honest with people. I'm not going to tell you that I watched every frame of the testimony, that I stayed up late at night, like my friend Mike. I don't know what Mike does for a living, but he's got a lot, he's got too much time in his hands. What I'm saying is there probably was experts on the other side. Normally in these cases you have two experts prosecution, defendant, a defense expert, and one says one thing, one says the other. It's very rare John that Let's say an expert gets up with the witness stand and the lawyer for the other side jumps up and says, your honor, I have no questions. This guy knows what he's talking about. I'm with him, or vice versa. That's all I'm saying is that there's probably stuff that that the jury can look at from different ways. If that's the way trials work. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 4: I agree to you. Like Brettan, he's highly educated trained. I'm sure in the powers of observation. I'm sure both sides had access to all the documents the examiners had ye like, for instance, Attorney Brennan, and he had access to the Document's examiner cut the holes in the back of John o'keith sweatshirt, and yet he presents the sweatshirt to the jury and points out the holes, specifically implying that they were created by getting hit by a car, and that they were created by as opposent. He had the document did yet he was highly educated and he knew he had the documents from the medical examiner that said they were created by her, and he presented it to the jury. And then he says he makes a mistake.
Speaker 2: That's exactly true. Guess what, John, John, Guess John, John. I bet you you've made a few mistakes in your life. I know I've made mistakes in my life.
Speaker 4: And I don't believe it was a mistake. I'm I'm sure.
Speaker 2: You don't, John. I'm sure you don't, John, And I'm not going to disabuse you of that notion. John. And there's no reason to talk over me. I've given you plenty of time to talk here.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying you interrupted, no time to explained before I got my thought through, that's all, Dan.
Speaker 2: I think you've got your points out very clearly. John. Okay. Is there any point that I have prevented you from making?
Speaker 4: Sometimes you just cut in and just stolen me finish it, that's all, But go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, But is there a point that you want to make that you haven't made?
Speaker 4: The only other point I'm make, Dan, is the detective Galagher is here in the morning, thirty years experience. He doesn't check the video across the street that's looking at the crime scene, but he goes and gets borrows the leaf flower to blow snow. Does that not create suspicions? I would go up and again you be you're a detective of thirty years and you don't go check the video on a ringer that's at the crime scene.
Speaker 2: John, all of that evidence is going to be with the jury. What I'm what I disagree with you about. You're making a conclusion that Hank Brennan, who I know a little bit is a highly ethical lawyer, would be a fool, and he's not a fool, would be a fool to try to say, well, I'm gonna I'm somehow gonna scam the jury here into thinking I don't know, I've made mistakes, You've made mistakes. I think we're all pretty hypercritical here tonight, and a lot of you have figured this out. And it's too bad that you weren't in the jury, because maybe we would have a verdict by now. All I'm just telling you is, go ahead, John. I'm sorry to be talking while you're interrupting me.
Speaker 4: But go ahead, go ahead ahead. I'm not good.
Speaker 2: Well, you were trying to you were accusing me of interrupting you, and then you're doing the same thing to me. All I'm saying, John, is that I don't know the answers that you seem to have, and that Mike from Newton has the and others have. I'm simply trying to whenever a set of viewpoint, I play a little what's called Devil's advocate, John. That's my job. My job is not to sit here and say what George, right up, yup, up up up up? Good good points, John, And guess.
Speaker 4: What I get it?
Speaker 2: Matt. Matt was Matt was right on the money. Matt was right. I don't do that, John. I I try to pick your arguments apart. That's what my job is. So don't be offended by it. Okay, that's all I'm saying. Don't be offended by it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm it's just said. It's not even my eye, but just telling you what what the attorney said in court and what and as matter of fact, character.
Speaker 2: I know what he said in court, John, and he said I made a mistake. Have you ever made a mistake in your life? John? Have you ever said to someone guess what. I'm wrong. I made a mistake.
Speaker 4: I have I just again. You know, he had access to the documents, he.
Speaker 2: Knew he was.
Speaker 10: Trying.
Speaker 2: He was trying to scam the joy throwing up John, him up on my brake. I gotta let you run.
Speaker 4: I think you got it. Attorney too, So let's hold him again.
Speaker 2: Let's hold that against him, because Whitey Bulger didn't deserve to have a decent attorney. He had to be crumbed. He probably worked with Mighty, with Whitey Bulger, maybe killing a few people. Come on, John, that's really beneath you. John, And I know you well enough to know that's beneath you. There's a lot of people of Alan Dershowitz was Donald Trump's attorney, Okay, and Alan Dershowitz, come on, that's beneath you. Good Night, Back on Night's side. Right after this