Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like the ninety year old guy that goes to a urologist and says, doctor, I can't pee, and the urologist says, how old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm ninety because you're peen enough.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, don't forget to tip the waiters on the way.
Speaker 1: Out, and now handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: And this is I can't find Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Here on a Friday morning, March the seventh. It is a foody Friday, and it is a ass handle anything Friday, and it's the end of the week where everybody's happy. That joke that I was telling you about the urologist and the ninety year old is so stupid. Now I must make a point here, all right, Yesterday I told Anne and Neil a joke about prison, and uh, it was very funny. Even Anne and Neil broke up laughing. Thought it was very funny. And that is a last day broadcast joke.
Speaker 5: No, you saved the funny stuff for off the air. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it just goes to show you how.
Speaker 2: Debasing or how depraved and the two of you are all right.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: All right, we start with Will say good morning, because now I can see will will good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, t shirt Jack Stack.
Speaker 5: Is that what it says barbee in Kansas City? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, barbecue.
Speaker 2: I'm getting so into barbecuing. Even my world famous. World famous means there's one person in London knows about my barbecue, so it's world famous. I make a meat loaf and for the first time I actually grilled the meat loaf.
Speaker 3: Had never done that before.
Speaker 2: You hurt your wrist, yeah, because it was so damn heavy that I was flipping it.
Speaker 3: You don't want to flip a two or three pound.
Speaker 2: Meat loaf or a piece of meat or anything with your wrist at the end of a very large spatuel of one of those grill flippers. All right, So anyway, we'll love your haircut, very strong. Oh with Neil love his haircut.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we go to the same barber.
Speaker 3: Well you do go to the same barber, yes, we do. So Good morning, Amy, good morning, Good morning Bill and Cono.
Speaker 2: I have no idea if he has hair under his hat, no idea, because.
Speaker 3: Cono, do you shower with that hat.
Speaker 5: No, it's not the same hat. I have multiple iterations.
Speaker 2: There is a very very dear friend of mine who is one of the most quiet people in the world, very very quiet, and he has never raised his voice. And a few years ago we were in Las Vegas having dinner him, his wife, Savile, and me and and there were there were a group of us, and I think Lindsay was there. There were a group of us that we're sitting at this table, and somehow we were talking about his how quiet he is. And I turned to his wife and I said, let me ask you something. Does he murmur when he orgasms?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Six oh six am?
Speaker 2: And it was uh, there were crickets there, there were crickets. But half the people thought it was hilarious. Uh, and the other half of the people thought it was even more hilarious.
Speaker 3: By the way, the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh God, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, you know what else is on the table?
Speaker 5: Nothing? Now?
Speaker 3: Did I not say hello to Anne? And I'm sorry, it's okay, No, it's not okay.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that goes. Here's my memory.
Speaker 2: I am looking at everybody because I'm at home today and every single person is on a monitor in front of me, and I still forget people.
Speaker 5: But if that Anne's the queen too, she should be your first thought and your last thought of the show.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's true. She's a queen Bee. Yeah, she she puts the show together. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Without Ann, we don't Without Ann, we don't have a show.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: Much. You look at these monitors and you think of the Hollywood Squares, she'd be the center one.
Speaker 3: She's up her.
Speaker 5: Left, She's like, she's like our Paul Lynde.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: For people that don't know Hollywood Squares, that was three versions of a Hollywood Squares ago and Paul Lynde was a comedian and television.
Speaker 5: Explain a reference I gave when you used the Lindbergh baby the other day, Rex the Wonder Horse and Paul Linde needs an explanation.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh yeah for some people, sure, sure, okay, all right, Sacho and Vinzetti.
Speaker 3: Anarchists put to death. Lobe and Lobe not a law firm.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about anarchists at the turn of the last century who were put.
Speaker 3: To death, okay.
Speaker 2: And World War One started by an anarchist, the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand when he was in Serbia, and the fellow who threw the bomb that killed the Archsduke's name was.
Speaker 3: Neil.
Speaker 5: I hope it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody know the man who started World War One throwing a bomb in the car early cars and in nineteen oh, yeah, nineteen twelve.
Speaker 3: Now, well it was actually nineteen fourteen, early nineteen fourteen?
Speaker 2: Was gavidol princep. You could look that up, Okay. I have no idea. I had something this morning, and I don't know what it was. All right, you guys, ready to do it?
Speaker 5: That is what an idiot savant is. That's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, I don't know where I go with those things, you know how I it's even.
Speaker 3: You know where you know? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Never mind, all right, never mind, all right, guys, you ready to do it?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: We have some kind of show here that I think I know the name of it. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: It's time for handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me laate story.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna push ball.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So now Trump did another turnaround, and now on the tariffs to Canada and Mexico and Mexico he pulled back. If you remember, it was twenty five percent tariff on everything coming in from Canada and Mexico except for oil energy coming in from my Canada. And so that was Tuesday night. There were terrorists are supposed to come in on April one. Then he changed his mind Tuesday morning and said they're coming in tonight, and they did come in. And then two days later, three days later, he said, okay, I'm going to hold off for thirty days and I'm going to expand the goods exempted from the new tariffs.
Speaker 3: And here's what's going on.
Speaker 2: One of the things that markets want is consistency.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Stability is the number one thing that the international markets want. They're not getting it from him. He is all over the place. Mercurial is the word that's used. And we're feeling it. World markets are reeling. The stock market has dropped significantly this last week. Consumer confidence has dropped. It's not fun.
Speaker 3: It really isn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on. We'll see what happens the next few days. In terms of tariffs coming in.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of tariffs, China says the US is just a big old bully. The Foreign Minister for China said that major powers should not bully. The week, in a veiled swipe at the Trump administration's foreign policy, the US slapped an additional ten percent tariff on Chinese imports this week, it says, because of the continued flow of fentanel into the country. China says it will resolutely counter those tariffs.
Speaker 2: Major countries being the United States, of course, veiled reference.
Speaker 3: China is absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Major countries do bully the weaker ones, not necessarily by bullying, by simply leading the charge economically.
Speaker 3: Throughout the whole world.
Speaker 2: The other bully is so, I don't know China.
Speaker 5: I was good to say, you know China. Taiwan was like.
Speaker 4: Ooh what yeah, so And Trump is absolutely right.
Speaker 2: The tariffs of American goods going into China blows away the tariffs on anything coming in except four electric vehicles.
Speaker 3: Electric vehicles, the tariff is one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So if an electric vehicle can be sold, which it can, for ten thousand dollars under what we're producing it or Europe is producing. I have a BMW, for example, and I paid Let's say I paid sixty thousand dollars for it. I wish if we would, if I was to buy the equivalent of the Chinese version, which by the way, are very very good, it would be one hundred and twenty thousand dollars because the tariffs are one hundred percent. So guess how many vehicles from China are being sold here zip and how many vehicles are being sold in China. I think Buick is the only car that's available in China. For some reason, It's really popular over there, very strange.
Speaker 5: Okay, guys, all right, what's one plus zero just one one zero plus zero one? No, it's none. And that's the kind of that's that's the Department of Education. Mister, it's gonna be zero, yeah, truck.
Speaker 2: But this and I mean, there's an argument that the Department of Education is bloated, doesn't do what it's supposed to do, is Neil pointed out yesterday, we're doing our students are doing worse today than before the department was created in the seventies. However, it does some value. It does some valuable things. And this is one of the things about the Trump administration and Doze and Elon Musk is not only throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but throwing out the tub, throwing out the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Throwing out the house. Uh with the bathwater.
Speaker 2: And hey, let's instead of this mass layoff shut down we've been talking about. Hey, there's some valuable stuff going on within these agencies that are either being shut down or decimated in terms of the fires the seventies.
Speaker 5: Pardon, we lived without it until the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those some of those programs didn't exist. We have become insanely liberal that we have, and the goverment since the seventies has expanded dramatically.
Speaker 3: And the argument is, I don't even know when USAID was created. For example, Well.
Speaker 5: You program itself about doge being about fraud. It's not. It's about waste. Fraud is part of that.
Speaker 2: It's also it's also about politics.
Speaker 3: It is also about politics.
Speaker 5: To put it in there in the first place, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Uh. And so those people that somehow are able to do an end around within the agencies, they're playing doge ball.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, here's the thing. Though Trump has long signaled that he wanted to close the Department of Education. Uh, but fully illuminating it, as you pointed out yesterday, I believe would require an Act of Congress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he can decimate it. It's still around with four people. So we'll see where that one goes.
Speaker 5: Neil, I just did that one. Oh, this is miss this is miss number four is mis labeled. It's for Okay, got amy, Amy, gotcha?
Speaker 6: Well, Governor Newsom's apparently stepped in it. He's got his new podcast, This is Gavin Newsom, and in the first episode of it, he broke from progressives and spoke out against allowing transgender women and girls to compete in female sports.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: He said, I think it's an issue of fairness, and he agreed with the person he was talking to, which was Charlie Kirk, and said, it's an issue of fairness and it is deeply unfair.
Speaker 2: And it is I think most Americans the surveys agree that is unfair. For example, women's football team. Right here comes Carolyn. Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Caroline, I'm six foot four.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it is unfair because the physiology with men and women are different.
Speaker 3: Even when even when.
Speaker 2: Men desponsify themselves and become women, they still have the bone structure, et cetera.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: And this is, by the way, this is where the Democrats got nailed because this stuff was so important to them. DEI had this kind of philosophy and America just wasn't ready for it. The Americans we cared a lot more about inflation, cared a lot more about the border, and the Democrats just missed it completely.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, even those of us who would be four trans rites and I am for people to have those freedoms, you have to be reasonable and look at it and say, you wouldn't put a qualifier in front of a woman. You wouldn't call her a trans woman if trans didn't mean something, and that that could mean that you have different muscle structure and.
Speaker 2: Now and that's true too, although the muscles do I won't say atrophy.
Speaker 5: But that different hormones and the like, but still the bone structure doesn't change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: You're not going to find two bodies a male and female body and one's a trans one hundred years ago, you know, later buried and someone say, oh, this is a trans person, they'd go, no, is a male skeleton and that's a female skeleton. Okay, you know what word what solid point it is.
Speaker 2: It is a good point. I didn't argue with that, and neither did you, Neil Scores when today, so far idea, so far idea? Djure Okay, very strong, all right.
Speaker 5: South Carolina man Brad Sigmund is set to become the first murderer executed by firing squad in fifteen years. This is per his own desire. He said that this is a guy who admitted to killing his ex girlfriend's parents with a baseball bat by the way, after she refused to come back to him. I wonder why he said he chose to die by bullets, because looking over the options, the other choices offered seemed to be a little worse.
Speaker 2: But he's got a point because if you look at the other options, they're you know, they're not wonderful. They're trying to figure out quote, humane ways of killing people and make it death is almost instantaneous.
Speaker 5: But you say, they say it's cruel and unusual.
Speaker 2: No, everything unusual. Everything, everything is cruel and unusual among the anti uh, the anti death penalty, death penalty people, thank you for that.
Speaker 5: This is I'll make it easy though. You killed them the way they killed someone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, well, and that's cruel. And see that becomes cruel. Unfortunately, that right, that becomes cruel and unusual.
Speaker 2: Now this is interesting because there are only three h three gunmen. Uh, and these are volunteers. By the way, there were so many volunteers they had to hold a lottery.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: It was like one in three hundred thousand that actually were chosen, and.
Speaker 3: Usually it's five.
Speaker 2: And traditionally you have one one of the rifles has a blank because you never know if you actually shot the bullet that killed uh, the uh that killed the.
Speaker 5: Upty has a real bullet and the rest have.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no, they're no. They want to make sure this guy dies.
Speaker 2: Oh. Also, there's a target on his chest right over the heart. There's an actual target that they buy at Target.
Speaker 5: Interestingly enough, and one of the volunteers was Alec Baldwin. So this is going to be probably televised.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: And by the way, they could sell tickets to that like crazy.
Speaker 5: Hey, I want you to know if you ever are in the same position, I will volunteer. Oh that's a friend.
Speaker 2: I am a huge fan of the death penalty across the board for every reason. There is restribution justice entertainment, just the entertainment value of it is so strong, the foody Friday party part of it.
Speaker 3: Last meal, there's a world to that. Oh we should have a.
Speaker 5: Last week for you. You remember before you got your gastric bypass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a last meal. Oh man, we have a last meal.
Speaker 5: Oh what did you have? Oh?
Speaker 3: We went to Mastro's Steakhouse.
Speaker 2: Nice and I knew I wasn't going to eat again for a long time, certainly not like this.
Speaker 3: And I ordered the left side of the menu. That's it so much, I said, I'll take this side. It was spectacular.
Speaker 2: And Neil was there and he joined He joined in the festivities.
Speaker 5: The only difference is I kept eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the last twenty years.
Speaker 6: All right, another one bites the dust. SpaceX has launched another of its mega rockets from its SpaceX station in Texas. Lifted off yesterday. Everything looked good, except then, about twenty seconds away from the end of its ascent burn, SpaceX lost contact with the ship. Several of the engines appeared to cut out during the live stream, and then the ship started to go into a spin, and then they lost contact with it. And this is my favorite SpaceX posted on x ed the vehicle experienced a rapid unscheduled disassembly.
Speaker 3: Another word for explosion.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: And this is uh the uh this is the ship that's going to be taking people to Mars. I understand if.
Speaker 3: I have that right. And it's you know too Musk's credit. He views every one of these as a learning experience.
Speaker 2: He actually likes these uh uh uh, these spaceships, these rockets to blow up because they.
Speaker 3: Learn more and more and it seems to work.
Speaker 6: And you know what they did successfully do yesterday is they caught that booster again with those things, yeah, chopsticks where they catch the booster rocket instead of just losing it, then they can reuse.
Speaker 5: It, alrighty. The FBI announced just yesterday that Canadian former Olympic snowboarder Ryan Wedding has been added to the agency's top ten most wanted fugitives less this is because of some cocaine running. He faces several US charges, including conspiracy to export cocaine, running a criminal enterprise, and murder. And again it just shows you, you know, we got to deal with these these violent immigrants from Canada.
Speaker 2: Usually you don't think, yeah, that's why we're going to shut down that border. We don't usually think of guys whose names are last names. Wedding as head of cartels, and he's also known as el.
Speaker 3: Hefe and his name is Ryan Wedding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but these white people they come over, they take our jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, you know, hold on, that's not fair. It's the cartels that should be bitching and saying this guy is taking our jobs because we're the cartel.
Speaker 5: You know. We think, oh, Ryan Reynolds is going to be great, and then just one at a time they come over and they start taking everything over. Yep, and then they go sorry.
Speaker 3: All right, an or Amy Santa, That's where I met Amy.
Speaker 6: San Jose has a plan to give homeless.
Speaker 5: People permanent housing.
Speaker 6: San Jose's mayor, mat Mayhan unveiled an initiative and so that homelessness can't be a choice. So he's proposing that after three offers of shelter, they plan to hold people accountable for turning their lives around and will offer them a permanent house in jail.
Speaker 2: By the way, they used to do this, you know that prior to the Reagan administration. I'm talking to the Reagan government governorship administration, because when it was governor of California. They used to lock people up who were mentally ill or homeless. They used to grab them off the street and lock them up in mental health facilities. Matter of fact, you see Channel Islands was a mental institution.
Speaker 5: Where they locked people off state hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so what ended up happening, Well, the ACLU sued you have the right to be homeless and live on the street. Ronald Reagan shut down the program because it was just too damn expensive. And when it was the last time the ACLU and Ronald Reagan were on the same page. But that's what happened. And this is what he is saying. What the mayor is saying is we're going to go back to those days.
Speaker 3: Now. Is that going to succeed?
Speaker 2: Probably not, Because you do have the right to be homeless. I don't know if the court's going to go against that unless you are a danger to yourself or others.
Speaker 3: Homelessness per se.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, I'm going to do a story about homeless coming up at seven o'clock, yet another chapter.
Speaker 5: We've got people dying on the streets, but it's not yeah problem there. I will tell you that you gotta love La because they're trying to get the one of the writers I think from The Simpsons to take down a treehouse in his front yard. Yes, it cuts unpermitted. Yet there are gar City everywhere across Los Angeles that are these lean tos and tense and somehow that's okay.
Speaker 6: That's a very good point, Neil.
Speaker 5: I hadn't even thought of that second.
Speaker 3: Two good points today, two good points.
Speaker 5: Reason prevails everybody. Reason prevails. Alrighty, So Broadway Musical Hamilton not gonna take its shot. It's canceling its plans to play at the Kennedy Center in twenty twenty six. They say they're pulling out of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, d C. Next year, citing President Donald Trump's shake up of the art institution's leadership and they just cannot be a part of that.
Speaker 2: He named himself chair of the governing board, and we'll be putting in his own people, because that's who selects the board. It's funded the Kenny He Center. I think the Feds have, or at least the President has a lot to say. So.
Speaker 5: Uh and Donald Trump, he came back and he says, well, I'm gonna do a whole new play with white people playing white people and singing but not rap. It's all gonna be country, you know what.
Speaker 2: That's that is a good point, having white people play white people, because in Hamilton, the only white person is King George. Everybody else is an ethnic minority, George Washington, Hamilton, Uh.
Speaker 3: Virtually everybody.
Speaker 2: I think, Ben Franklin, everybody's every single one of those performers are people of color.
Speaker 5: That's the whole point of it.
Speaker 3: Actually, you think so, I don't.
Speaker 5: But there he says, that's DEI so he's bringing Hamilton and it's good.
Speaker 3: You think, hold on, I want to I want to question it.
Speaker 2: You think the point of Hamilton is that people of color should play white people pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's part of the it's part of the message is it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not the point of it. I don't buy that at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's saying the history played by modern something or other. I think was the tagline. Hello, Well, you know, if listen, I wouldn't question me.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean I already I mean that these people were white. I mean that's the reality. I mean they were white. I mean they make they make a point that Alexander Hamilton's mother was a hooker a horse. That's what is said in the musical itself. No, they don't, boy, you know, they don't cover that up.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Yeah, they're going to make a movie of King Kong and it's gonna be played by a giraffe.
Speaker 3: Yes, very funny.
Speaker 2: Just although you know, you know, to the other side of it is as far as the Western culture, Jesus was white and he wasn't No.
Speaker 5: He was is it white? And he didn't have blue eyes.
Speaker 3: No, he did not have blue eyes.
Speaker 5: And he didn't speak with the with the English accent.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, that's true, but I think what language did they speak?
Speaker 3: Aramn at that point?
Speaker 5: What did he.
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 5: The vast majority and only very little of the Bible is an Aramic Go figure.
Speaker 2: Out and you know why because Aramaic. In reality, Aramaic is the legal language of ancient Hebrew documents. Uh, the sales documents were written in Aramaic. Right, five Books of Moses Aramaic. So I thought i'd share that with you and we are done. H This is KFI A M sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle show Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.