Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the ham Radio two point zero audio podcast rip. This is the audio taken out of a video or a live stream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support, and thank you for being a member of the community. Okay, I don't know what that means forty five, but it's funny. I'm laughing. I'm laughing with you, brother. I didn't watch it. I didn't watch their live stream, but heay.
Speaker 2: There you go. So see why camera's focused. Yeah, camera's focusing.
Speaker 1: Stream is streaming and uh happy happy Sunday guys. Appreciate everyone being here tonight. Hike It and Hammon in the chat. What's up, buddy? How are you good? To see you out there? Shout out to the YouTube channel members Nick, Wayne, Jason, Brian Other, Wayne, Wayne, Garrett, W five, w LG, Carle, Carl Carlyle, Carlyle, KO four Q and t IF I'm saying that right, Carlyle, James Redman, Hikin and Hammon. See smoke signals are f in the chat my wife is in the chat. Thanks for being here, guys, appreciate y'all's time tonight. Let me get that off the screen right there, there we go. Okay, good to be back in the shock. I was in Alabama all week and we got a brand new general class recorded. Gigaparts does classes in their classroom at their facility in Huntsville, Alabama. Some of you may have known that, Yeah you have a Wayne Army now it looks like it looks like it, but yeah, Giga Parts does classes. I was out there in March for a completely unrelated reason and I went by there and they were actually teaching a technician class that week, and I asked them about it and I'm like, is this how often do you do this? And it was like it's like every Thursday night for like an hour or two for like thirteen weeks. And I'm like, okay, can we condense that?
Speaker 3: Can we?
Speaker 1: Cause I need a new general class. The general class on my channel, the question pool, expired about two years ago, and the club I was working with here they don't have a new one put together yet. So we got one recorded last week at Gigaparts and I got to work on the editing for that, and we're gonna put it up soon. They're also doing drone classes now, doing drone classes now, so guess what, i'ma have to go out there and get my freaking drone license, which is something I should have done a long time ago. But but speaking of gigaparts, we are going to do. Mark your calendars. It's going to be quick because we already did one of these. When was this We did one of these like a week ago. We could go last Thursday, I think it was this Thursday. This coming Thursday, so like four nights from now, where my calendar go. I pull my calendar up and look at that. We're gonna do another. Let's make a deal. That will be June twenty sixth seven pm Texas time be eight pm on the East coast and five pm on the West coast. Gigabarts, Let's make a deal. Gigaparts dot com forward slash deal. You won't see anything. This is old information here, but this will be the link here. They're working on some new stuff for the back end that they want to do some testing on, so they're like, hey, let's do it on They wanted to do it on Friday, night this time, and I'm like, that's great. I'd love to do it on Friday night, but my wife and I are leaving for a vacation next Friday, so we're gonna do it on Thursday night again. So you guys put that on your Yeah, I know it says June twelfth right now. This will be updated, but this will be the website still be gigaparts dot com forward slash deals or deals dot gigaparts dot com. I think that takes you to the same place. And yeah, so it'd be Thursday instead of Friday, So you guys make sure to join us for that should be some good deals and in addition to that, we're gonna have some prizes to give away. We're gonna do some giveaways and make some deals and it's gonna be a slightly different format than we've done before, but not exactly not exactly different, very similar, but slightly different what we've done before. Brent Brent Time again is seven pm in Texas, eight pm on the East coast, five pm on the West coast. This this coming to this next Thursday, four days from now, June twenty sixth, so mark your calendars for that. Send it out, tell people to join let's get let's get a large showing in the livestream that night, because gigaparts has been gracious enough to do this my channel numerous times now. So really appreciate them and their support for this type of thing. And I don't know, they got some new software on the back and they're like, oh, our back end software worked really good last time. We got a couple of tweaks to do it, and so they want to do it again. I think they're kind of anxious about it. I think they're looking to tweak this and I don't know if they're looking to do it more on a more regular basis or not, but they're looking to do it again. So, No, you do not have to sign up for the giveaway. You do have to be present in the chat to win. We're going to do real time giveaways in the chat of some It's not gonna be a big chef radio or anything like that. It's gonna be some smaller items, but we're gonna do real time giveaways. You have to be present in the chat to participate in that. So yeah, mark your calendars. Why do you do this before I get paid? Sad face I don't know, man, just good timing on your part, I guess, I don't know, so, so yeah, mark your calendars for that this coming Thursday. Also, I'm still adding a bunch of stuff to the website. Got a bunch of new brands here, O Light Lee Time, Madman, right in the Rain. I've got two or three other different things arriving this week going to be adding to that. The mystery boxes are still up here. Those will renew. Those of you who participated in the first month, those will renew somewhere around July fifth, I think. And I've already got the new round of T shirts ordered and I've got extra stuff. And the first round was a little rocky because I didn't know how many to expect, but I am totally prepared for the second round to come up, so it should be a lot quicker this time than it has been. So mystery box is there, and go check out all the new brands and different things that I have on the website. Great Fine amateur Radio dot com or shop dot ham Radio two dot com. Both of them will take you to this website right here. Appreciate your support on that and hope you guys maybe have any questions about that. Surely let me know Edfong and Tens are back in stock too. Those are always a hot item. So let's go. I saw Frank join we get this put up over here right there? This switched around. You never know with Frank if he's going to actually, you know, show up on time or be here or what's up?
Speaker 2: Dude? How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm usually here. I let you know what. I'm not here last week. I'm sorry. I got a killer of my graine.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's all right.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm not even able to fake it, so I just laid on the couch.
Speaker 2: That's all right. Freddie Mack did a bang up job.
Speaker 1: We did some We did some all star work that worked on the the first time we did it, no way, it was amazing.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: It was totally new concept to me. So it actually worked the first time we tried it. So it was not in Nuggets episode.
Speaker 2: Let's see about that.
Speaker 1: Let me move myself over a little bit there, Sebastian, how are you tonight, sir?
Speaker 3: How are you? I I'm great, happy to be here with you guys, even if Frank can be unreliable sometimes, so I appreciate. I appreciate the effort. Frank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is why Sebastian fits in very well with this at at the campsite of the Hamfest.
Speaker 2: So h yeah, good dude can.
Speaker 4: Talk smack because he's already been on my channel.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yeah, totally started out. Yes, Okay, so before we get started, this is a good question, right, I really like this question right here. So what are you guys doing for field Day? Field Day's next weekend too, that's next Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 4: So you want me to take that, No, let's smash.
Speaker 2: You go first, and then and then you get.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, the things that I don't have good things to say, it's like the the effort here in Sullivan County, New York, where I live, we actually fell through. So we're not gonna be able to do it. Uh, but I'm thinking I might be doing a a robe. I'll go visit a bunch of people around here that are doing field Day that I have. I have lots of friends, like a couple of hours around and might even combine that with stopping at at parks on my way and activate a few parks. I tried to get the the I need to get the ten park rove. I think it's the rhino. I have the five to fifteen and the twenty five rove awards, but I need to get the ten and the twenty park.
Speaker 4: Is that all in one day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All day?
Speaker 4: Dare you to do that in Texas? Come down here in England.
Speaker 1: You got a picture, you can drive, You can drive around Long Island and do ten parks in a day. I mean there's a lot of parks out there. So in an hour, yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, and then well maybe not an hour, but yeah, quickly. So I did a Poto rove of several years back, maybe ten years ago. Now it's been a while since I've done that, but I did a pro PoTA rove in Texas and I drove to the I looked at the scoreboard from the year prior and I found the highest scoring club for North Texas, South Texas, and I don't remember if I went far out as well. There's three section three able ORL sections in Texas, North, South, and West, and I don't remember how far west I went, but I know I went to three or four clubs and they were all some of the leading clubs for the year prior. So I just went and interviewed them, looked at their setups, kind of talked to people about what to do.
Speaker 2: That was fun. I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to participate myself that year, but it was fun talking to everybody else and seeing their setups. So what if you, I know, you and Robert got something going on, Frank, what do you guys.
Speaker 4: See Robert and Paul, Paul and Paul.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going.
Speaker 4: To head to Cooper Lake State Park. We got ourselves a cabin that has ac and a nice restroom with a shower and okay, that was my acquirements for a cabin. I was like, I'm not just staying in cabin if I have to go and walk to the bathroom. So we found that awesome one Oprah Cooper Lake State Park. We're going to be running a three station as of now, and we're going to run like eighty eighty forty twenty ten.
Speaker 2: And six meters.
Speaker 4: Okay, of course we're going to get that satellite contact also, of.
Speaker 2: Course you will.
Speaker 4: Robert's there, Hey, Hey, hey, I got a satellite station too, did y Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, I brought it. You see it?
Speaker 1: Well, I tried calling. This was two or three months ago, before I realized I was going to be out of town. I'll tell you guys what I'm doing here in a second. But I called that that last state part of the Dangerfield and try to get that same cabin we had and she was like, no, it's rented that weekend. Would you like the next weekend? And I'm like no, She's like, oh, it's open the next weekend. I'm like, I need it for an event on this weekend. If it's not open, it's not open. But yeah, she's trying to talk to me in the next week. I was like, no, thanks, but yeah, good, well, I'm glad you guys found a spot. Perhaps I can work you because I will be in a park that weekend. I forget which one it is. My wife and I are going to Colorado for our annual vacation. We're doing a road trip. We're gonna leave here on Friday and stay somewhere outside of Denver Friday night, but then Saturday and Sunday night. Her cousin. Yeah, her cousin has a cabin in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. I think that's like in the south west corner of Colorado. We're gonna stay there for a couple of nights, but our purpose in doing this is we're gonna tour for about it. We'll be gone for about eight days. We're gonna tour the entire state of Colorado and hit all four of the national parks that are in Colorado. I'm gonna do some hiking and some of them. I'm gonna activate all of them. She's probably gonna activate all of them too. I think that's what I said. We'll be in Peghosa Spring Saturday and Sunday. I think that's what I said, so will be I might have said it wrong. Will be, Yeah, Saturday and Sunday will be in the same spot. I think we're gonna change places we stay every night except for those two nights. We'll be in the cabin for those two nights, and then every other night we'll be in a different spot. So during field day I will be able to operate from maybe from a park, maybe from the cabin. I don't know, but I'm just gonna operate as myself. So I will look for you guys on the bands, Frank, and hopefully we can. Colorado to Texas is challenging, but it's not. I mean, it's it's.
Speaker 4: Pretty I've gotten Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we can.
Speaker 1: Get Colorado pretty regularly. It was fun, it was fine. The band has been so kind of up and down lately. When I was in Dalveston last time I had, I worked a station in Midland, a station in Olpaso, and some other guy in like I think I worked a station in the Dallas Fort Worth area, but he was down in the noise.
Speaker 2: He was really hard to hear.
Speaker 1: But it's unusual to work Texas that that short of arrange on twenty meters, but I did it, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bands has been characteristically weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been kind of weird. So yeah, thank you for the super chat.
Speaker 2: Izzo.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you being here, brother, And uh, you need to put Ham Bencheon on your calendar, buddy. All right, So tonight we're going to talk about pol Polo is the subject tonight, and it is a ham radio logging app. It's one of the easiest to use most updated apps that's out there, in my opinion, the kind of the thing that and I'll admit this right now just upfront, so everybody's on board. I have Polo installed but I've never actually used it blasphem me. I know, I know, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: What change screens with me?
Speaker 1: I actually generally speaking, when I'm longing, I do. I do take my laptop a lot, yes, but I usually when I'm logging, I'm usually on Android.
Speaker 2: Uh not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm probably sixty percent Android and forty percent Windows something like that. So but you but but Polo only works on Android iOS right right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, right now?
Speaker 3: Yes, you can run it on Mac laptops that the new Max can run iPad apps, right, but we're working on a on a desktop version that will run on any Mac laptop, Windows and Linux. Okay, that's coming up in a in a couple of months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, uh prep, And Paul says, burn the witch. They're talking about me not using Polo, and then n a Yo says boo this man.
Speaker 4: So right, I feel like I got to take over there.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of really good apps out there right now, I like and want to use all of them. And Sebastian and I were talking at Hamvinchin. I'm like, well, we need to get you to come on to the show and just talk about Polo. So I can learn more about it myself. But yeah, and I think deal.
Speaker 3: I think we're in at a great time for HAM software, a resurgence of ham software. There's a lot of of people trying to come up with new innovations. I think that that we we've kind of been stuck with N one MM and UH and three UH and three JP of the of the software world, which they've done a great job, that's what they've lasted so long. But it's kind of like they they never jumped into the the mobile bandwagon like right do mobile apps and UH and even on their desktop offerings, they all feel like, I don't know, a a a certain most HAMP software feels like it was built maybe not in but for the nineteen ninety seven crowd, right, it's a certain vintage, yes, correct, Yeah, there's maybe maybe ninety nine. It's like post Windows ninety eight, Windows MT four. That's kind of like where the the style came about, Like you know, when when my when my space was a thing to the geocds and MySpace. Yes, it's predominant in a lot of app and websites, but but in the last few years, I don't know, with with Hammers, with the World Radio League and other efforts and and of course Pollo up the I don't know, it's been interesting seeing new apps coming out and offering new ideas and new styles of doing things.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know.
Speaker 1: And something we hear often as YouTubers is just like, oh, Ham radio is dying, it's going away, it's gonna you know, everybody's gonna nobody's using it anymore, you know, blah blah blah blah blah. And I'm like, you know what, there's some really good innovation, innovation and forward thinking projects in the software world for amateur radio. And if if if Ham radio was really dying, which it's not, it's it's just not the statistics prove otherwise. So everybody who says that, I was like, now you're just being a blowhard, and that's okay.
Speaker 3: And the hardware too, companies are coming with new radios and new ways of doing things too, Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's there's still lots of innovation in hardware and software and applications and stuff that does new stuff and all kinds of uh innovation still going on. So seeing more options become available outside of the m LEE, m M and N three F JP is is great in my opinion. So yeah, so gonna looking forward to seeing what you've got tonight to Sebastian, because I know a lot of guys who use Polo that just say they started using polo and they're like, yeah, that's all all I use anymore. And I don't know, we'll see if I get swept up in it when I use the f In fact, I'm gonna I'm gonna make it a point when we go on our vacation next week I will use Polo in at least one part and kind of see how I like it.
Speaker 2: So do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the best thing. A lot of people don't don't want to log on their phones, and that the main thing I want to there people is to give data shot. I think that logging on your phone is more than than possible. Is Actually I actually prefer it nowadays, unless it's is like a serious contest effort. Yeah. I prefer to log on my phone than to log on a on a laptop or even a tablet. I don't know. It's it's less things around me. It makes the whole thing more convenient.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And I could say the thumb typing on a small key it's fine. The speed at which you have to type a call sign, it's still very slow. It's the speed at which you're repeating the call sign. If you can say kilo India to Delta, that's kilo India to Delta. That's as fast as you need to type. You don't need to type much faster than that. And then not having to carry more gear with you, and not having to put more stuff around you in the table where you're operating or in your lap, it makes a big difference to me. I mean, I've I've learned, I've gotten used to log into my phone, and the main thing I would want to invite people is to give that a shot. Go do an operation and log it all on your phone, or log it with a tablet and a small external keyboard. Tablet keyboards I do hate. I don't like typing on a tablet keyboard.
Speaker 1: I've got a big I've got that big ten inch our Finder tablet. It's an Android tablet, and I will log on that sometimes, but ever since I mounted it in my truck, I don't. I won't take it to like, I don't take it out of the truck. I just leave it in the truck all the time. And someday if i'm activating from the truck, which I have a Kimwood ts fo ad in the truck, I'll use that sometimes. But if I'm getting out of the truck sitting at a picnic table, which is generally what I do, I like to have the laptop there because of the bigger keyboard. But I'm with you on the whole lugging too much stuff around. So there's a lot of the times where I was driving back from Alabama and I wanted to activate a park in Mississippi because I don't have that state yet, and I didn't find one on my route. I found that there was one that was like a forty five minute diversion off the route, which would have been forty five minutes to.
Speaker 2: Get back on the route.
Speaker 1: So I stopped at the park in Tennessee again, and I just sat there on my phone and logged thirteen fourteen contacts from the truck.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get out of the truck.
Speaker 1: So yeah, logging on the phone is perfectly doable. I mean, it's certainly good to if you ever find yourself where you're like, well, I wouldn't really stopping and you stopped by a park. Sometimes I'll be driving along and I'll see that's a cool name, like the Lewis and Clark Expedition historical site. I'm like, that's got to be a pot to spot. But if you ever pass anything, I passed a battleship monument one time when I was going somewhere.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a total and I looked it up as like there it is podas So I just sat in the parking lot with my phone and logged it and it was it was easy. So it's it's always good to have that available to you, even if you don't like to use it on a on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: But yeah, good deal.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, I want to invite people to try their phones. But we're working on getting Paula on all kinds of devices because it is nice to have a bigger screen and a bigger keyword too. Yes, it's correct, I want it. It's better to have more choices than to be forced to do things a single way.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm yeah, yeah, good deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I totally agree, totally agree, And I like a lot of these a lot of these apps coming out now. Are are multi platform, so the work on Android, iOS, mac Os, Windows, even Linux, you know, some kind of Debian install of Linux. So that's that's a good thing as well. So cool man, we'll show us what you got. I know you got to share screen for us, so let me.
Speaker 3: Share it the screen and give you a quick look of what Houla looks like. I'm going to be running like a development mode on my computer here, and so it's a bit slower to start. And what you're looking at is the upcoming July release that has a couple of We normally do monthly releases, and I gave up on version numbers and I just called them after the month of the release. Okay, okay, because people tend to interpret too much. And when you moved the major number the middle number, what does that mean? Did you change enough? You know what it's going to be the month, and that's it. We're updating it all the time. We never stop. So when you first started, if you were installing the first time, and it will ask you for your call sign, whether you like to do poda, soda and whatnot, and you kind of land on this screen and all you need to do is start a new operation. You say you want to do it PODA, and it gives you all the nearby parks to where you're located, if the park you happen to be. This is kind of based on the what's known as the yellow dot on the PoTA website, which right what they determine is to be the kind of like the center of the park or the most interesting place. If this doesn't match what you want, you can always enter here like like Lewis and Clark Memorial State Historic SciTE, or if you want to enter the number, you could if you knew the number by hand by heart, could enter that and basically activate that park that you can get your device location if if it doesn't have to happen to match the park, et cetera, et cetera. You pick the park and you go into CUSS and you can start logging. You can get frank yeah yeah, and you notice that little smiley face if I tap. We have a list of who is who and who isn't in amateur radio. We kind of have a list of all the YouTubers, all of the social media people, people involved in software development, people involved in the PODA programs, the SODA program, the world Wildlife Fund, et cetera, et cetera. You can even if you're bored, you can click on Tank Radio's YouTube channel and it'll open here a on a web browser and you can start watching him if the activation gets slow. But yeah, I basically I lugged him. I can, I can. I don't know. November Kilo two Yankee, my dear friend Jasper, who I go roving with the twenty four park road. I did it with him. It gets his data from cure Z if you've entered your cure Z account settings. It'll get his state from cure set if you did that, so I don't even have to enter any of that. The space key will switch between fields quickly and you just log him.
Speaker 1: I just typed in my own call sign and then clicked on it and brought up my YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: You got you the channel.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it did that.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 4: What is your what's your icon?
Speaker 2: I don't see an icon?
Speaker 3: Oh you have a TV probably I think that the standard YouTuber.
Speaker 2: No mind minds of mind's a pig face.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, because you asked for it. You ask for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about that.
Speaker 1: It's at him mention yeah, last years sam mention I.
Speaker 2: Have was it?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have the pig face on my h I picked the face on my profile for Metastic.
Speaker 3: And maybe on ham Cash.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was ham Casion, Yeah, maybe maybe it was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can. You can look at the spots and try to find somebody to work, and if you do, you just stap here and it'll get here and their park reference will be already typed and you can just save them mm hmm. If not, say you're you're working uh canto x, you can enter the park number here. And this is this is something that only Polo did back when it's one of the first app the first app to do it, which is you don't have to type the freaking us dash.
Speaker 2: All you need to do is really okay.
Speaker 3: And it'll it'll do it for you.
Speaker 2: That's pretty okay, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: If you were to be in Canada and he identified afkn x to slash ve, you notice this already changed to c A yes, or if this would have been a Canadian call sign, it will be c A. So you type one two, three four and it will be Canada. And if and if they're A two fur you just press space or a coma and enter the other number and they get them both. And when you lock them, you see the two trees here that tell you that this is a two fer.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Paulo does not require you to enter them twice or something like that. Polo keeps track of the the the park references, and we'll export the right data to the to the PODA as the program requires. As photo requires, you can do. Let's see if we find somebody in the spots. Sometimes they have somebody working. Yeah, this is a good example. If Polo finds two people working in the same frequency from the same park, it assumes that they're working together. So you tap here and it comes here, and it's a coma, a common list of calls. When you save, you get two of them on the log. Okay, and if you're working this is like the the a very common scenario which is like you're doing, You get Jason and Jason tells you, but please stand by. We have a second operator. Right, I came here, I entered your park reference, and I already ready to save, and you say please stand by for a second operator. I say, sure, go ahead. Can you tell me you're working with kilo India, Kilo one, kilo quilo. I just put a coma and submit and I get both of you.
Speaker 1: O would so you don't have to hit some MIT twice. You just put on the same field and.
Speaker 3: You don't have to enter the park reference for the second one.
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, yeah, because you've already entered it once.
Speaker 3: Okay, even if you did this and they came back, we please stand by for a third operator. You can tap on this one to edit, and you edit it and you enter kilo two, kilo quilok and it basically duplicates the settings nice or whatever park you've entered. It does things. For example, let's say Quilo five AFL. Let's let's say that that you are running your calling CQ and Kilo five AFR comes and calls you because they're tired of running their frequency. POLO realizes that they from the spots that there are at this park, so you don't even have to wait for them to give you the park number because they've recently spotted themselves as being at this park. So POLO gets the park reference already into your into the field.
Speaker 1: If you if you but you clicked the P two P button first, right, I just.
Speaker 3: Clicked to open it. It was visible here already, so okay, okay, So I'll pick another one, just to give you an example. Victor Alpha three Echo whiskey, Victor. Okay, Victor alpha three echo whisky.
Speaker 2: You're not in there, Victor.
Speaker 3: Alpha three, echo whiskey, Victor. Was it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 3: Or Victor Alpha three Eco whiskey, Victor. I think they might have been there for too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be yeah, fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: It only does it if you if they've spotted themselves ten minutes ago or less.
Speaker 2: Ten minutes or less.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, okay, alphte nine Charlie's okay, alph wipe everything here. Alpha tell nine Charlie. It'll get you see the slash P two P. That means that you've had the park to park reference already here there is. You don't have to enter it. It just happens. And then the other thing is, say that you're done hunting part two parks and you want to start running and calling c Q. You find yourself a nice frequent see. Let's say you're going to talk on seven two hundred. Just you could click on the little radio here and enter the frequency here and that'll work. Or you can just enter it here and press enter and that gets it here and.
Speaker 1: It knows you want to war typing numbers, and it knows you're talking about a frequency in there.
Speaker 3: So you want to work am instead of a sideland you can enter it here. Say you want to work, you want to move to seventy two to one, you can enter. You can enter it at seven two hundred. You can enter it this way. Polo figures out exactly what you mean, because that's something that that always bothered me at other logging apps. Or I went to enter it without the period or with the period, and one app once is one way, the other one said the other way, and all they do is wrong frequency. Now you can figure out which one it is. There's really little overlap in those numbers in ham radio.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest pain I ever have is that the photo website itself doesn't like periods. Yes, if you're on fourteen one four to two seven, oh, there's no period in there, And I'm like ah, And I got spotted one time on like one forty four megahertz two meters and I'm like, no, the period's alone.
Speaker 2: So that's not without I like that.
Speaker 3: And or for example, if I entered two seven to oh one, but I could also enter point two oh three, okay, and that will move me to seven point two oh.
Speaker 2: Three because you are already on seven right. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, if I work to seven oh fifty, it will change my mode. Oh seven fifty is actually FT four. Let's go seven oh thirty. It'll change my mode to CW automatically. If I went to seven back to seven two hundred, it will change me to sideband automatically because it knows the band plan. You don't have to keep that updated.
Speaker 2: Nice And then.
Speaker 3: Once you're here, you can come to self spotting. Click this button and you're spotted on the PoTA site. Or you can even enter two r V here and hit enter. I'm not gonna do it because then I'll be spotted. Get mad when you spot yourself at a at a random part, I type q r V and I self spot with the message q r V. If I type q s Y, you'll self spot with the message to s y, and q r T will sell spot with the message qr T.
Speaker 1: Now if you type q s Y and self spot, do you do that after you've changed the frequency in the app or what is Okay, you change and you type s y gotcha.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like the flow We are working right now on cat control so that you will not have to type your frequency. The Apple will get it from the radio mm hmm. That's that's also coming soon in the next month or two hopefully, and you will like again if you if you were to hit here on the spot, it will switch the frequency and mode for you. You'll do all that controlling your radio, VA, Bluetooth or cereal, and that will make it even nicer to you, like do the self spotting. You're not You're not. You're not gonna have to be entering frequencies on the app. One of the new features is that you can also spot someone else that you've worked.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you just work to park.
Speaker 3: See if you work a part to park and they're not spot or you just want to refresh the spot, you can spot them here. It's the same control, but when when you select someone else that's not you, you'll let you spot them instead of the self spot. If I DI select this a self spot. Another first for Polo was that you could do this and do summits on the air at the same time. So now I have parts of the air and summits on the air. And if I were to spot myself, Oh, I don't have my my Soda account set up here, but you will get a little mountain here mm hmm, and the Apple spot you on both services at the same time.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: If you add World Wildlife, Flora and Fauna, it will do the same. You can spot yourself into the park into each one of those services at the same time. And then when you're done with your operations, just come here into the Manager operation logs and it will offer you to export the ADI fiul needed for Quota submission, the EIGHTI foul needed for Soda submission, and then a full adif that has all the data in case you want to upload that to your cure z or your your desktop law or whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Does it auto upload those to the PoTA and Soda website or is it just putting it in a format not.
Speaker 3: Yet, because none of those services let you do uh direct uploads.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I thought. Yeah, okay, okay, I've been I've.
Speaker 3: Been working with the Poda developers. They just have a lot of other things they have to go through first before they can enable uh direct uploads. I've been looking at maybe hacking my way around it, but I want to with all the things. I mean, the main thing with follow is that I have way too many ideas and not a of time. Yeah, the rental photo will probably calm after we'd finished the cat control the desktop software and also cloud sinking, which is the other big feature that's in the works, so that when you're working, all of this will be uplated to the cloud and will sink between your devices and you will open the desk of version and get the same qusos and so on, and that is that you have.
Speaker 2: That is a nice feature to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have the map. Like old yes and blogging apps, you need to have a map. You can even get like a nice globe view if you want to say it that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the question for you. How does it handle d X stations because those because a lot of the Hammers. I think maybe Hammers pro handles this better. I don't know about the original Hammers. If you entered like a Victor Echo or an x ray echo call sign went on PODA, it didn't it didn't know where.
Speaker 3: That was yeah, it'll know that it's Mexico just from a call sign. Okay, this one doesn't seem to be a real call, so I don't know. Uh I let let me try to get a Uh.
Speaker 2: Will it put it on the map?
Speaker 3: It will put it on the map if if you have if you've configured so if if you go on the settings, you can configure your cure Set account. Yes, if you don't have cure Set, and that's why it was so slow, let me, Uh, I'm not going to pace my password here in the screen. But there's there's uh, there's MDB. It's a pre service. But you only have USA and Canada calls.
Speaker 1: Right, and yeah, that's the one that that Hammers had and I just I never enabled qr Z.
Speaker 3: But if you don't have a cure Set account, then Paula will figure out the country from the call sign and it will show on the map in the center of that country.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Okay, So if I let's.
Speaker 3: Make a trial here, if I if I do for folks were for I don't know, Victoria Hotel, that's France. I say it here. It has a little flag mhm, and then in the map it will show you France. There it is, okay, but it's in the middle of France, not any not their true location.
Speaker 1: We've got some DX call signs coming into the chat. Try h I eight d Hotel India eight delta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hotel in the H Delta.
Speaker 2: So there's Dominican Republic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll show in the Dominican Republic as you can see here.
Speaker 1: There we go, there we go. Okay, yeah, that's see. That's an improvement over what I've used in the past.
Speaker 2: So that's that's good.
Speaker 4: I got some questions in the chat. If this is a good time, sure, go for it. You were talking earlier about Windows. When are you expecting or kind of think the Windows version will be released?
Speaker 3: I don't want to give dates because life is complicated always. I've I've started working on it. I've made some progress because I'm building it in a way that will reuse a lot of the code that we use sort of for the mobile version. I expect that there will be little visible progress as I built all the scaffolding, and then all of the features will work. So it's going to be all of a sudden I'll have a fully featured application, but getting to that point will be hard. So that'll take That will take a bit longer than I would like to, but I'm going to say this year for sure. But I've said things that have been wrong in the past, so don't ask me to put a bet on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 4: You're mentioning cat control since this is a mostly a phone application, Will cat control work via the phone?
Speaker 3: Yes. The approach we're taking is that I tried to find a way to get the the most features for the least work. So we're building a little bridge device, which is it's this little Raspberry Pie zero running a custom firmware that since we'll start to the stop.
Speaker 1: Stop sharing your screen for just a minute, Sebastians, so people can see.
Speaker 3: Let me establish there. There you go, this little Raspberry Pie zero to wireless. Any Raspberry Pie that has Bluetooth would work. And this is like a twenty dollars plus an sty card is another ten dollars, so it's not a significantly expensive thing. And this is the thing that will connect to the serial port on your radio and then this speaks Bluetooth low energy to your phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if your radio has Bluetooth like a seven O five or something.
Speaker 3: So the at some point will support native CAT of the seven O five and say the FX for CR or any other They're not that many radios that have Bluetooth.
Speaker 2: No, there's really not. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: And part of it is that I started working on controlling the seven or five directly and I run into so many little problems and then the idea of having to struggle to support every single radio one at a time, and then I realized there's the Hamlet library that supports all of them already. Yeah, so building this device will support any radio that is supported by hamleb and also in a way that works on Android and iOS through Bluetooth wirelessly, and then we can I mean, I'm not going to stop there, but that will like release the pressure from having to support CAT. And then people say, oh, but I want the Yasu eight nine five ninety one, but also on the U nine nine one, and I have the YESU eight seven seven, and like, with this, it will support all of them more than good enough, and then we can we can work on getting better support for for the radios that can use better support through through through Bluetooth directly or even like network like controlling a flex by just being on the same Wi Fi network is another possibility.
Speaker 4: Nice Okay, yeah, okay, I've seen sub a question also about kind of group logging around field Day events? Does it support and field Day does field Day in general? And then let's do a second part for group events.
Speaker 3: Let me go back to the screen here and show you something, which is that yeah, you could, you could start a new one and it's not enabled. So in the settings, there are more settings for things like the app features. You can enable field Day, you can enable thirteen colonies, quso parties. There's like the Georgia State Spark on the air Winter field Day, their support for uh lighthouses, castles, bunkers on the air, Global Mountain Activity, silas in the air, all of those and you can do all of them at the same time if if slash when that makes sense. But let's say you want to do so. The bad news is because we don't have yet the cloud sync, it does not support group logging for field Day. That's that's something that's very much in our goals and I really want to get it right and make it a much better experience than on what it usually is. But it's not going to be ready this year. Both you could do your field day and let's say I'm going to be at two Alpha in eastern New York and I'm going to be at one hundred Watson less and with battery power m and why not? And why there you go? And I can do that also with parks on the air.
Speaker 2: You can add a part to it also, so.
Speaker 3: You can have both things going on at the same time. And when you're done, it'll give you the experts for parks and the air and for field Day in Cabrillo. As the each one requires different formats, so you get each of the experts separately. Now what that means. Now, if you notice I now have the class and location exchanges from field Day, I can, for example, I can I don't care about the five nine, so I'll remove those fields. You can select that here if if that's what you want, and then I can log field day. I can. I can November one Charlie whiskey whiskey Charlie Brian, for example, and he'll call me and he'll say that he's a two Bravo in uh Tennessee. And for example, here it will confirm the location name of the section. This is not states.
Speaker 2: This is ARRL sections, AWL sections.
Speaker 3: So you are where are you Jason?
Speaker 2: November Tango x ray.
Speaker 3: So you're November Tango extras so in Northern Texas. Northern Texas is easy one. But I always like to give the example of California. I hate what I'm doing field day and someone tells me they're in Santa Barbara. Oh yeah, not sure what Santa Barbara is. So if I type, if I start typing the name, you give me all the list of things that start with Sana and if I press space, it will just pick Santa Barbara, okay, or if you know it and if you know San Diego, says DG, just type it. But you get it confirmed right here. So you know what the name is. You're November Tango x ray. You're North Texas. So this will lock you the sections you'll tell you if if you type a class that's two hotel, it'll show in red because that's not a valid class these days. If you type a location, say you're you're in West Texas, it doesn't work. You have to be in southern Texas. Now, what's the other Texas section?
Speaker 1: West text WWTX, WTX.
Speaker 3: Why doesn't that show? Maybe because I didn't put a call sign. Yeah yeah, killing the to delta will be West Texas. And right here, if you top on the this line here or what it says here, you get a summary of your operation, including the checklist of the sections where worked, the points based on your power multipliers, et cetera, et cetera. And this is another feature. This is an exclusive reveal. No one has seen this yet. I've been working on this the last couple of days. I was talking with Tim Graymond Poda recently about field Day and how you know, the the usual people complaining about please copy one alpha. Right, so in the new version of POLO, you can log them as please copy one alpha. And I don't know where he is actually.
Speaker 1: Indiana and Indiana.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Indiana. And now the little plus tells you that they were a police copy and in the stats you get a percentage of police copies.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what that is freaking cool?
Speaker 2: Right there?
Speaker 4: What was the that had.
Speaker 2: Kyle's idea PC please copy please? Yeah, that had be Kyle's idea, he.
Speaker 3: Said, ken Man, Yeah, it came from gay Man.
Speaker 2: That didn't really come from Tim.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we did talk about about Kyle when we were talking about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course we can call it.
Speaker 3: We can call it the Kyle stat Yeah, and maybe the the the field day operation that locks the highest percentage of field copy of police copies will gain will will be awarded the Kyle Memorial.
Speaker 1: Yes, something with a unicorn head on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so show me before you click off of the screen. Here, you put your doing field Day on the screen right here. But you're also in a park, so I think it's on that menu kind of it.
Speaker 2: That's right? Yeah, see that.
Speaker 1: So what if someone comes by and there in a park you want to log a park to park at field Day? Is it in there menu? It's that menu? Okay, you had to scroll over to it. I was thinking it was right there. Oh you can expand it, okay, good, and.
Speaker 3: Say you care about soda. You can even include the soda gotchas here for example, or if you want to keep notes, et cetera. Okay, you can expand it. You can, you can. Yeah, if you have enough room on your screen, you can always have it visible like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, awesome, Okay, I I kind of assume that's where it was.
Speaker 2: I just want to do confirm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're running on a tablet, let me see if this works. If now that I switched the screen. Yeah, on a here is a bit tied, but in a tablet you have more room. This the screen is split and now you have your operations stats visible all the time here or the operator information m HM, and you have you can have this spall or the map always visible and adjust the width of the of this. This on a phone is a little bit too tight, but on a tablet it looks very nice.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to see how that looks on my z fold phone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so good.
Speaker 3: And see this like the little tree icon is for PoTA volunteers.
Speaker 1: H M.
Speaker 3: Let's see if I can get them. Never demonstrate things with development.
Speaker 4: You didn't do your demos.
Speaker 3: Mike is in the PoTA Board of Directors. So you will be operating and randomly some people will call you and you will note that there are PoTA volunteers, so you can say thank you to them for all the work they're doing. Yeah, people ask if it'll handle club call. If you want to set up a club call, you click here. So it could be operating on the Ham to K radio club and you will have the station calls and b ham to k Radio Club. The operator is kindled India to Delta. And while I'm operating, say I I want to switch operators. I can type op and say cant X becomes a new operator, so I type OP ken t X and there's any further accuses who will be attributed to him as the operator. So it works for multi operators single station field day. It doesn't work yet well for multi station field day groups. Okay, there's plenty more little tricks. There's there's I mean, we have a great manually you can access it from the app here and has lots of things on the features and how to use everything in there. It's not a bad idea to go read it. We have a YouTube channel. Please, actually, by the way, before we continue, go on the YouTube channel, subscribe, like, link, comment, do all the things that the algorithm likes.
Speaker 2: We have Frank, go ahead and share that in the chat.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you. We have we have Instagram. We have loose Sky, but mostly YouTube and Instagram are our most active things. We have online forums and a discord chat. They're both equally important. The discord is more interactive, but the forums are great for searching what other people have said in the past, or if they've run into the same problem you have. We have a very yay. I broke the app. There you go, let me let me we started. I was going to share the list of developers that's there in the about page, but it's broken on my developer version, so go check it out. There's there's we have. We have almost a dozen people helping. Because Polo is open source, so it's free as in speech. As I say, it's also free as in beer. It costs zero dollars. You can all you can get it for free. I like to think of it as as pay what you want if you if you really like it, if you appreciate it. We really appreciate any any donation, any contribution you center a way is think of it as tipping your your your waitress, your it's a it's not but it's not needed. And if you're on retirement income and you really can't afford it, I'm more than happy to see you use Polo and enjoy Polo and not pay any thing. So it's it. That's why we made it be like pay what you want and free and open source, and the open source is also a guarantee that even if I get tired of this and abandon the project, other people can pick it up and keep it going. They don't even need my permission to do that. So if if if I start being a dick and say no to people's ideas, then someone can take the project and fork it and come up with their own version and reuse all the existing features. So it's it's that is. It's kind of like a way to force myself to pay attention to what people want and to to make sure that you're not going to get left behind. But if somebody decides to abandon their app, if you get invested in POE and learn how to use it and that becomes your routine and I get tired of it or I get hit by a boss, then some other people can pick it up and keep it going.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else did I might be missing.
Speaker 4: It's you have another list of questions if you're ready.
Speaker 1: One second, one, yeah, yeah, hold on, Frank, I did want to mention I didn't want to interrupt you a minute ago. But you have a logging thing in there for the thirteen Colonies event, which actually starts in like eight days. That's July first to July seventh. I'm gonna be the out of town when it starts, but I'll be back home before that. So we're going to be trying to work some uh some thirteen colonies from Colorado in the National Parks as well. So that is a that that's a fun event. I really enjoyed that event every year.
Speaker 3: I I I last year and this year I'm gonna do it too. I'll be activating for New York for Quila Tu Alpha Good and last year I logged I did about two thousand quses and I love them all using Polo nice okay on my phone with my thumbs. So that's the That was a big test that that you can log a lot of cuesos in Poland and it will still work fine.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I imagine this.
Speaker 3: Feature is more for hunters than for activators because there's there's a lot more hunters than activators. And it basically you get if you work Kila to Alpha, it'll tell you here it's a New York colony. If you work Kilo too, Beta is Virginia, Bravo, et cetera. And in the sorry, if you tap here, you will have the checklist for the colonies you've work. But an even better thing is that this is my general operation log. Say that my field day doesn't overlap in days. But let's say that I add thirteen colonies to my field day. Now I can see and I during my field day, I work Quila two, Massachusetts, Kilo two Hotel. You see this little start, It tells me I've worked three colonies already, and if I tap here, it will show me the colonies, including the ones I've worked in a different operation. Okay, so anything you work during that week, even if it's through multiple parks, multiple activities and whatnot, it'll show up as the checklist here.
Speaker 1: Now, can you go out and export just the thirteen colony contacts?
Speaker 3: I was working on trying to figureut how to do that. I'm not sure it'll be ready for they for the time, but yes, it's I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: Like you were, you were showing an example of exporting full log or sodo log or potologue by by itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sote colonies doesn't have an export just yet.
Speaker 1: Now you don't have to upload thirteen colonies. You just have to write down it on the paper and mail it or scan it or something like that.
Speaker 3: All you need to do is say that you work the stations and write yeah.
Speaker 1: So so they don't require an adive file upload, but it's still cool to have it would be.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree, yeah, yeah, it's and all of this you're seeing will go out. We're gonna be releasing the July version next week, okay. All the features for field Day will be out, and thirteen Colonies starts right after Field Days. It's on Tuesday, is the first of July.
Speaker 1: It's always the first seven days of July.
Speaker 3: Yep, the first seven days of July. So starting on Tuesday, it will be thirteen Colonies. And the way we do it's possible for us to work on this and next week release an incremental patch update that adds the export so gotcha the there might be there might be time to include the thirteen Colonies expert. Okay, before the end of thirteen Colonies.
Speaker 1: For the end of July, before July seventh, basically, right, Okay, yeah, okay, okay, just a question, all right, Frank, I know you got some questions.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, yep, yep, there's a question. This was a while ago. If I log a park to park with someone like Jason is in a park in Colorado, he's traveling, Will the map spot him in Colorado or Texas?
Speaker 3: Colorado as soon as you put a park reference, even if you don't have you or Z. We have the database of parks and since you said that this person was at this park, will use those coordinates for the map, for the location and everything else. Perfect.
Speaker 4: Nice. You talked about the partial call sign tracking for when you're working a pile up.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't, but I can do a quick share here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw that question command I wouldn't really follow into what he was asking.
Speaker 3: So, so this is this is cole stocking. Now this I mean restart the app call. The feature is known as coal stacking because you can stack calls in a list and then work them as as they come. Okay, man, what's going on with my phone today? Virtual phone?
Speaker 2: It's still a beta still in beta right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is this is the development version, not the so it has all the stuff I've been working in the last couple of weeks that will go as part of the July release, and so we still need to clean up some things. Whoa yeah, live demo. Let me see if I can get this. Okay now, it's now it came to life. Here we go, so whatever any part here. So I'm working a pilot and I hear Quilo Charlie five, and then as I was saying that, I hear Tank coming up much more loudly and over Jason. So I type slash slash and I start getting Kilo Goal five Alpha Hotel, and then on top of that, I get Whiskey one, Whiskey Charlie. So all of them are here, and I know that this is a good one. I go back to him, Whiskey Charlie, you're five nine, New York, and he said, yeah, you're You're Please copy one Alpha Tennessee and I log him. Now after I log him, he disappears for the list, but all the other ones separated by the double slash are still in the list. So I can now say, okay, who's the Kilo Goal five? And Tank will say Kilogal five Alpha Hotel, Juliet, Oh, Juliet Perfect five nine, New York, and he says one Alpha in North Texas. I worked him and it clears every thing from the list, and now I'm back to the Kilo Charlie five, and I call the Kilo Charlie five, what's a call? And you'll sometimes you moved on and I don't hear you, so I delete and start calling SEQ again.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: So it knows that that those partial call signs are not complete, right, and.
Speaker 3: It will pick the first complete call. So you could even do kilo one slash slash. Let me let me demonstrate something here also with uh without the hardware keyboard, because it's slash slash. But if you've noticed, well, there's the number row here that POLO gives you to enter numbers more easily. But even even without that in the indiandro, in the phones, even on on an iPad, you sometimes don't have the slash at hand. You have the period the coma. You can enter a period and it will replace that with a slash if needed. So if your keyboard has a period, you can enter that instead of the slash, and that works the same way. OK. So if if I enter kilo one and then I enter a full call sign, let's say Kilo India five, Oscar echo bravo, H Kilo India five, Oscar Echo bravo, and then slash slash, and I hear someone else say zero. Oh, so if I hit send. Now it will enter kilo in the A five echo Bravo. That's the only full call in the list. And then I can say, okay, who's the zero oscar and I'll get the I'll have to tap here and enter zero oscar. What was it called whiskey India zero oscar? Submit and it gets logged and I'm back to the Kilo one and I can ask for a Kilo one.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 2: That is a neat feature.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see to use this feature. But then I remember me like station and a H stand by I heard, but time I've done work in him, I forgot who you forget that? Not?
Speaker 3: What you need to do is do slash slash a H and it will be there on the screen for you to call on them afterwards.
Speaker 1: I like, I don't have to try that on Poda. That that's a cool feature. I like that, all right, Frank, we got anything else?
Speaker 4: Smoking signals? Don's asking I am operating, I am operating phild day and the station states that they're in a Poda park. Do I click the P to P tab and then entered their park number. Yes, that's all you need to do sweet. And this was question was when you're talking about exporting logs, do you support expoding logs directly to World Radio League.
Speaker 3: Not yet we we I don't know when we'll get to it. But I want to make a feature that lets you automatically sync your logs to cure Z clublog World Radio League, any other app that has any kind of API that lets you push log data to it. So when you're done with your operation, you get back home and you have your Internet, you press a button and you'll say, okay, working on it. It'll spinner, it says boom, don't you've uploaded all your logs to whatever you wanted to upload that that will come soon, just not sure where when. Okay, Like I said, lots of ideas, not enough time.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: And here are several different other something's on the air that people want you to support, BUCkies on the Air, Scouts on the Air, Drags on the Air.
Speaker 3: That we built Polo thinking about the world beyond Poda from day zero. It's one of the reasons, I mean, Polo has a great support for Soda and great support for all the other programs you saw there on the list. If you have a program, and and you tell me what the list of references are and what the requirements are for the logging, we can add it topolo, very easy. Like it's not a it's not a big deal. It's a harder deal to come up with a program that's a I mean, I I want to get breweries on the air, But it's it's easy to say that. It's harder to get the right list of breweries and decide what are Yeah, yeah, you know. It's like by the time you were set on the rules, you're so drunk you're forgot what the roof where and then have to start again the next day.
Speaker 4: Welcome to most club meetings, right, yeah? How many times we got to reread the minutes from the last minutes? Yes, this was a fun one from dawn, He asked Sebastian, what is your favorites? Beverage and or cigar?
Speaker 3: I don't I used to smoke cigarettes a long time ago. Uh, And I was like doing even like two packs a day, and then one day decided to quit cold turkey good for you and uh. And the the main reason I don't smoke cigars is that I'm not sure if you'll trigger the addiction response from back then kind of avoid it, I do, I mean, actually have the bottle here. This is one of my favorite drinks is Venezuela and rum Diplomatic Goo Ra Cerva Exclusiva. Look for this green bottle if you see it. It's worth getting. It's not that expensive and it's one of the best sipping RUMs. Don't mix it with diet coke.
Speaker 2: No, no mixing.
Speaker 3: This is sipping, not a mixing rum unless you're I mean, if you're doing like a fancy cocktail with drum with premium drinking, and it's probably worth it. But otherwise it's just sipping rum. It's my favorite and I highly recommend it. And I don't know if it's true in all the all of the US, but they have great distribution in the East Coast. I find them on every liquor store and usually like between thirty and forty dollars, which is not that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's not bad at all. Okay, good to know.
Speaker 3: And if if somebody from Diplomatic is listening to this, which I don't expect, but but I'll be your official ambassador on the Ham community.
Speaker 4: I had a cigar rep tarked to me over at the cigar store and I've been itching to smoke some of his cigars. I got a good batch of them. But that's that's in here or there. I just just you said rap. I was like, yes, I could do that for you. Oh we got another one ghost Towns on the air. I know the spirits.
Speaker 3: I mean there's there's a famous uh uh what was it Walmart parking lots on the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was an Instagram thing, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there is also port on the air. Yeap that that's the thing that I need to build better support for that for the next time. Mention.
Speaker 2: That was the thing at ham Bension.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had two or three guys do parties on the air at Hanvension.
Speaker 3: I'll for next next year, I'll have a better, better, better support on the app.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's all the questions I banked, sir, Okay, any other questions in the chat. Let us know, Sebastian, this looks really good. I'm looking forward to trying it out. And uh, I'm gonna have to. I was able to I was able to open my my z fold here and if I did turn it sideways, then it would act like.
Speaker 2: A tablet and side. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so definitely gonna try it that way.
Speaker 2: I like that view of it. So that's that was good.
Speaker 4: H A on the air. Yeah that you're guaranteed to get no contacts.
Speaker 2: H we don't want that.
Speaker 1: No, we don't want that. But yeah, good, Well, this is awesome. I'm looking forward to trying it. It is free. You can download it on iOS or on Android and uh, I.
Speaker 3: Hope you've shared a link earlier. But the best place to get it just go to Polo or hamptk dot com and you'll get on the links there or yeah, it's got hamp to k in your preferred app store and you'll find it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a there's a link to both app stores from the front page of the website.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: And do we have a do we have an invite? Do you have an invite link to your discord server.
Speaker 3: If you go to PLoP dot com at the very bottom of the page in the food or there's a discord link and that's the.
Speaker 1: Oh, there it is, I see it. Okay, yeah, there it is. Okay, yeah, yeah, down here join our community at the bottom left link to the discord server.
Speaker 2: There, okay, good, excellent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, Well cool man, I appreciate your time tonight.
Speaker 3: No, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bet it was.
Speaker 3: It's been a time, it's been a while into works. We've been talking about doing this for a while, right, yeah, and now the thing we need to do is to get you to use and.
Speaker 2: Get me to use it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and then and then and then to send me money for us.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, yeah, next, that's the next step.
Speaker 3: It will happen. I know, I know it'll happen.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'll happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. Well, thank you, thanks everyone for being in the chat. Don't forget this coming Thursday, seven pm, Texas time another let's make a deal with gigaparts. It's gonna be right here. This this right here says Thursday, June twelfth, But we're doing another one on June twenty six. This page will be updated. Pretty sure they're using the same r L. If they're gonna change you r ls, then I will let you guys know via my email list. But I am pretty sure this will be the same U r L here. So I'm gonna do it just like we we did it last time, and we're gonna be giving away door prizes. For lack of a better word, people who participate in the chat, you have to have you have to be in the chat in order to be entered into the giveaway. I think they're gonna do a giveaway like every ten or fifteen minutes, So.
Speaker 4: How are you going to be doing that? There was a question or two about the chat and I kind of glossed over that. But since we're talking.
Speaker 1: About it now, I'm gonna use this night bot night but this night butot, Well, we'll do the keyword thing. Everybody will type a keyword, then it'll come up on the screen.
Speaker 3: So I've used that.
Speaker 2: I've used that once or twice before. It works well.
Speaker 4: The will night by also pick up discord. That was a specific question.
Speaker 1: It I think, so I think it picks up everything that comes in through the chat.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I believe that it will cool.
Speaker 1: Because I've because there's people in discord because restream ties everything together, so there's people in the chat coming in through Discord. So yep, yeah, yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 4: Will awesome, awesome, And I dropped my link to take radio in the chat. And here is one more time the buy me a coffee for a polo, because this is completely free and amazing and if you're able to head over there and support Sebastian and keep this going because we want to see more updates.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: They're coming, they're calming.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, all right, guys, Well, thank you once again, Thank you, Sebastian, thanks to all the people in the chat. I think you had a couple of your team in the chat. Sebastian, I'm sure, yes, yeah, but appreciate everyone being here tonight. We will chat soon and everyone have a good Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks, appreciate it. See you