Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing Emo has something living One's pasty of all time.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your master? Can you dig it?
Speaker 3: Can you did it?
Speaker 4: Where you did?
Speaker 5: Allowed to play? Allowed to play, come out to play, come to plays.
Speaker 2: The personal wars and the.
Speaker 6: The sun is rising God, Oh wake up?
Speaker 4: Wake up now, Joe Roy.
Speaker 6: Are you weare am here to show you how Jena Wiz Horses Ross Station, k m MO g Homer go listen.
Speaker 4: Is it's a sad mumpy don't turn.
Speaker 3: Out down, just wait and see. Are you ready? Are you ready to go?
Speaker 2: It's time to start to show.
Speaker 6: Let's kick the cline of my pressco Whisping Man Mary Show, Welcome through.
Speaker 4: The organ week.
Speaker 3: It's on such a war kick back, makes up that something and.
Speaker 4: Make it hardcore.
Speaker 6: Hey, you're whisby and then mess picked up your phone there line, you're on the air.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's the Big Man Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Bmmas some wayever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. It's an online the website that rockskmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under b MMS. Listen with your cell phone the iHeartRadio app available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com. And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash BMMS six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, good morning, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, give me hell good morning.
Speaker 1: We got tickets to give away to rock Olahoma Weekend GA tickets. It's all happened in Labor Day weekend over in prior, God's Math, Poparoach and more. Get your lineup in the full link for tickets to website at rockskmod dot com. We're gonna try to get somebody to win today because we have not been successful at it, so that'll happen at seven point thirty. We've got listener emails. You can always email us. Show at kmod dot com. Show at kmod dot com. We read emails on the air and you guys get to give advice, and then at nine o'clock we'll do to tell the truth. It's your chance to get to know the show better. You can ask any question you want that's coming up at nine.
Speaker 2: There's this wild story here from here which feels like somebody say a lot.
Speaker 1: But yesterday, a morning, almost at this exact time, a fireman was on his way to work and he saw a man unresponsive, lying under a motorized.
Speaker 2: Wheelchair on the side of the street.
Speaker 1: So the firemen did what firemen do, and he stopped and he tried to save the guy, gave him life saving measures.
Speaker 2: They took him to the hospital. He was pronounced dead.
Speaker 1: Officers obviously showed up and investigated the scene, and they found pieces of a dark gray Nissan Sedan mangled into the wheelchair. And this happened on thirty sixth Street North, and it's one of those motorized like a rascal more more, something you don't borrow from Walmart, right, And.
Speaker 2: It's to me, it's a wild story.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you gotta say this, but if you hit something, a person, another car, and leave the scene, you just made your world dramatically worse. Yes, because accidents happen, But to flee the scene and kill somebody in a wheelchair, you will be going to jail if they find you guilty.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say, well, maybe they didn't know they hit them. I don't think that's the case. How do you hit somebody and not.
Speaker 1: Know that you hit them drunk fair enough, which oblivious causes their reason to flee because they know they're intoxicated and they'll get in trouble.
Speaker 3: So it's like, hurry and get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: There are plenty of aloof people who are scrolling while they're driving and then like, oh what was that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that upsets me greatly. Get off your damn phone. I'd like to know how they knew it.
Speaker 1: Was a Nissan, Like was the badge imprinted somewhere on the person?
Speaker 3: Or like did the h did the badge come off?
Speaker 1: Like and it's lodged in the wheelchair, like the wheel the plate yes, ss Nissan on it, you know, or whatever. So from what I know about this type of stuff is that parts that are left sometimes have number imprints, and those number imprints can be ran to know what car kind of car went to. Okay, they may not tell the year things like that, but they can go, oh, this goes to a sedan, a Nissan sedan. So it's like maybe the headlamp, bumper something like that, it had serial number on the back of it, and they're like, oh, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: And so I mean it is kind of dark here, right, So it's.
Speaker 1: Entirely plausible that they did not see this individual.
Speaker 7: True, And if the guy in the wheelchair didn't have any kind of reflectors, you know, be it reflective vest or reflectors on his wheelchair, you know, something to be able for people to be able to see him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Night. I'm not saying it's entirely his fault, but if he didn't have any of.
Speaker 1: That and he's cruising the streets at what time, did you say, three, six, six thirty thirty in the morning, when it's super dark out still, yeah, yeah, it's kind of partly his fault. No, anytime a pedestrian gets hit, hey, it is not their fault.
Speaker 3: I have to disagree with you, sir.
Speaker 2: You can disagree all you want, but the law dates. I know what the law dates. That is it is, Well, that's the law if.
Speaker 7: You're walking in the middle of the road, or you're trying to cross the highway as people do. You know, I get it. The pedestrians have the right of way, but your dumb asses in the middle of the road. Your dumb ass was trying to across a busy highway on foot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But you're not got to.
Speaker 3: Have some kind of accountability there.
Speaker 1: Accountability is different than the law, right, it's your fo It says when you take the responsibility to operate a motor vehicle that you understand you cannot hit pedestrians.
Speaker 7: I understand of sentences, stand that, but if you're in the middle of the road, there's nothing you could do. As the driver of the car, there's nothing you could do about it.
Speaker 8: Right, which was like to my point last week when the people were in the very middle of the road, not using a crosswalk, when I was startled by them crossing in the middle of the road when it's pitch dark. So I see where Gimpy's coming from. Because they're being irresponsible crossing where they're not supposed to be in the middle of the road. Now the person that hit them has the responsibility to stop.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll agree with you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because now they're fleeing and this is where it becomes murder, right or ham would be right, yeah, where it would have been a lesser charge had they stopped.
Speaker 9: So yeah, it's awful on both sides.
Speaker 1: There's always an incident of there's accountability in any situation, right, But the law is the law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, It.
Speaker 1: Is up to you at a four way stop to make sure that it is clear to go. And if you don't do that and just blindly go through, like okay, so I know it's my turn, I'm going and aren't aware, and the other people didn't do it, it's their fault, right. So But but your argument, or what I mere and you guys say, is that, well, no, you as the other as the driver, it may have been your turn, but.
Speaker 2: You have to you have to.
Speaker 1: Stop, right if you're at a four way stop, that is the rule. You have to come to a complete stop regardless.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is when it's your turn and you go and the other car does not, the law clearly states that those people have to wait your turn.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The law clearly states you can't hit pedestrians. End of sentence. There's no accountability than nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't agree with the law.
Speaker 2: Well that's okay, that's obviously fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 7: I get it, you know, Like I said, pedestrians have the right away for sure, one hundred percent, you know, but that doesn't give them right to just go willy nilly all into the road, walk in the middle of the road, impede traffic, this, that and the other, you know, and especially when it's a safety thing at night it's dark, you're not having any kind of you know, reflective you know that lets people know, hey I'm here. Yeah, you know, but you don't have to do that. That's not a law.
Speaker 1: And the wheelchair when there's no sidewalk, president is treated as a pedestrian, right as a jogger, as what like, you're allowed to be there. And in this instance, the person was not just that we know of, not you know, taking a ninety degree straight into the traffic. Right, maybe they were, I don't know, but the idea of this person in their wheelchair and when you see with the footage of it, you're like, damn, how horrifying. Yeah, you're already annoyed. You got to be in this wheelchair? Are there people excited they're in a wheelchair. I'm gonna guess not like you may have come to terms with it.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you were walking before and now you're stuck in a wheelchair, no, you would not be happy about that. But if you've never walked before and you're like, ah, finally i'm mobile.
Speaker 1: I can see you, right, you're grateful people texting Nissan drivers. This is normal activity kind of by default.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in that?
Speaker 1: Lindsay, do you believe that there are certain cars is predictive of the type of driver that they are?
Speaker 9: No? No, I don't.
Speaker 8: I'm well, maybe, uh, sportscar ferraris. I think there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: What's the presumed personality of a Ferrari driver?
Speaker 2: Fast or.
Speaker 9: Both could be true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do believe in it. Do you GIMPI in a sense?
Speaker 7: I guess you know, people who drive fast cars, most car, sports cars, stuff like that, are a little more reckless.
Speaker 1: They are than I agree here typical driver somebody who's driving like a Kia or something like that. Yeah, because they have the car that can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or they think they're in NASCAR all yeah, oh huh.
Speaker 1: More often than not, you've seen a Mustang or a charger imply that they're dropping it down a gear to go around you, and then they cut you off to try and move up to traffic.
Speaker 2: Sure, much like rice rockets, right, rice rockets motorcycles?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, those are implied to swerve in and out of traffic really crazy, and some do. I've also seen not those type of motorcycles do it, sure, But I do believe there are certain cars that I mean, I guarantee if you drive a convertible Miata, you probably put sunscreen on the top of your head.
Speaker 3: I love you, I have a tiny little dog and marching certain breed.
Speaker 2: Their race cars can be baha, sure they are. You wouldn't say that if you show yourself lined up with one, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I have no need to drive them.
Speaker 1: There's no world that exists that I'm ever lining up next to another car to do anything.
Speaker 3: Those days are pass me.
Speaker 1: Those days were never with me. I don't have the mental mindset to do that. And I don't think you get anything at the end of the day.
Speaker 7: Ah, your own bragging rights. That's about it. There's no trophy at the end of it. Here's here's a question for the ladies.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had sex or gotten with a guy because he was a good street racer?
Speaker 7: No, sadly enough, they're they're those ladies are out there.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking you.
Speaker 7: The ones that are in that scene. They are all about it. It's the same way with your buckle bunnies.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell everybody what a buckle bunny is those.
Speaker 1: Are the girls that go to the rodeos and they're chasing the rodeo stars, you know, the ones with the that win the big buckles and the big prizes, and they do it for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: That's different.
Speaker 1: Those are quote unquote stars. And when you're lining up to run your you know, with your against your friends or whatever, it ain't the same. There's a widely accepted circuit of NASCAR because you race locally, uh you know on two sixty six are used to or wherever.
Speaker 2: I don't think that makes you a celebrity.
Speaker 7: No, But much like these rodeo guys, they're not all stars. They're not all tough hetamn, you know what I mean, or Lane Frost or any other outdated rodeo name that I can think of right now, you know, but they they're like, hey, that guy, that guy can ride.
Speaker 2: So what I'm hearing you say?
Speaker 1: The masculinity that emulates from riding a bull is equal to racing your hyped up ultima with neon glow down the road. Guess yes, it's all an adrenaline rush. Well for the female or proceed from the female. The female doesn't go I'm attracted you because that's an adrenaline rush for you.
Speaker 3: No, she likes your she likes your cool car, she likes to paint job.
Speaker 2: Do women like cool cars? You could say no, all that's your own personal preser' it's zero.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 8: I don't think they don't. I don't think they mind them, but I don't think they're like, I'm gonna datum because of his cool car.
Speaker 3: It's also a younger, yes girl sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Women Lendsy's age, maybe not so much, but if Lendsy was in her early twenties, one hundred percent. There's a lot of those girls that are like, I just listen. You know, you obviously know a lot more about that stuff. But I'm just not going to take your opinion on what females think it's single in that world, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you're wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, ah, I think you want to believe that because you are more leaning towards a culture, or because I've seen it.
Speaker 8: Or if I was if I was at this age still and I was single, I might look for a cool car because I would assume that he has money. Right, Let's face it if I had to do this all over again, I'm not I'm not looking for love.
Speaker 9: I'm looking for money.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: Most of the people that have souped up cars money, they're financing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they dotting all their money in their car. Yeah, you know much some of that stuff costs ain't cheap.
Speaker 1: No, maybe there's a few out there that have, you know, a silver spoon, but they ain't. Yeah, it's a little hard to you know, work at air air Topia and then also finance your car. You can't get enough hours. I don't care off when you work that. You know the Dodgeball trampoline area.
Speaker 7: Right, my experience, least back in the day, it was rich mom and dad that paid for those parts.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But then you could argue it wasn't the car, it was that the person just had money, right, Because obviously the kid that's a silver spoon who flashes his money all around totally gets right.
Speaker 3: The lettuce a bunch of gold digging hors. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why green? Why neon green? What the color of money on the car. There's a car in a Wasso, a truck in a Waso, and it's got white underneath the truck.
Speaker 2: It's a white truck.
Speaker 1: It's always super clean, white lights, bright like office white lights.
Speaker 2: Was that five thousand?
Speaker 3: Right? I'm glad you can see into the future, bro.
Speaker 1: And then in and it's lifted so it's in the wheel well and then the the wheels are kind of open and you can see the brakes, and then the white light around the breaks as well.
Speaker 3: I remember what truck you're talking about. I've seen it around town and you're like dying. That's a lot. That is a lot of money.
Speaker 7: That's that's what I want to be seen, not for you, not seen for safety, but I want everybody. Hey, hey, look I've seen for attention is what that guy wants. And it's a jacked up lifted truck. So he's probably got a small wing or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't care no, nor do why.
Speaker 1: But you know, that's how the stereotype goes. A big lifted truck, big fast car must have a small dangling.
Speaker 2: I've never understood a lifted truck at all.
Speaker 7: I have, Like, if you're doing a lot of off roading, you know, if you're doing a lot of like going out into the woods and stuff, that makes sense, you know. But the ones that got it jacked up a ten inch lift with these giant thirty three inch wheels on it, and you're driving around town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find it hard to believe you're a gear head and then you think that's the best road vehicle. Yeah right, you must not love silence in the cab of your truck, right, or gas mileage?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I agree that if you're into four by four, you have a vehicle that you do that with. I know plenty of people that do that. You need it, you needed to get through the ruts and over the logs and stuff like that. But you know, driving down thirty first Street one nine right when you need a step stool to help your kid get in the car, I don't know if that's a logical thought process. Right, So now I'm questioning a lot of stuff that you're deciding. Yeah, so if you know of a Nissan Sedan that's missing part of the car, I think it's worth asking him where they were yesterday at six thirty. Yeah, dark gray, not light gray, not silver coin gray.
Speaker 7: Right, dark gray. Probably missing part of the grill, bumper, bumper, probably fender's probably smashed up a little bit, plastic, probably breaks up right, Probably all that sunburn on it.
Speaker 1: It's made it brittle right all right. We got to take a break. We got tickets to Rockaholmer. We're gonna give away.
Speaker 2: We'll be back. We do news quickies. These are stories that you may have.
Speaker 3: Missed in the news.
Speaker 10: It's time for newsquakies, World news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, Gimbi and Lindsay with What's going on news Quakies from The Big Man Morning Showing ninety seventy five.
Speaker 9: D dad sues after teacher advises kid to cut back on the doritos.
Speaker 3: Hey fatty Yeah.
Speaker 8: So this happened in the UK where a dad has lawyered up and filed a suit against the school council, claiming damage of over thirteen thousand for discrimination and injury to feelings and another eight thousand for breach of duty and human rights. So, the boy in question is a twelve year old with autism, and this suggests from the teacher to seek out healthier snacking alternatives cross the line, according to dad. The dad also claims that this is the second time his son has been targeted by the administration after his son was involved in an altercation with another student who was tormenting him. His son decided to choke the other kid and he was pulled off the other student with excessive force, his dad says, leaving him bruised on both arms for weeks. And he even had photos to back up the claim. And the school did not deny pulling off the child off of the other student. So the judge here's both sides and ended up tossing the case out and ordered the father to pay the legal fees of the school council.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not only that, but he told the dad that no child has the right to put their hands on another student and they should feel safe at school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the dad's being wild.
Speaker 9: I agree.
Speaker 2: Now, how do we know the school said that.
Speaker 8: They didn't They didn't say that, They didn't say they admitted.
Speaker 2: Well, they tell a lot of kids to have healthy choices.
Speaker 9: Exactly, right, exactly, But.
Speaker 7: To be like simon, you need to lay off the drita's bra ah.
Speaker 2: And also, your kid got in trouble. How are they supposed to stop it lightly pull him off right right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's it's their job to protect all the children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even the ones that are fighting each other. Exactly why did he fight the other kid?
Speaker 9: He was tormenting him, getting picked on.
Speaker 2: His son was tormenting another kid.
Speaker 3: No, the other kid was tormenting this.
Speaker 2: That's the father's take.
Speaker 1: That's not necessarily that might not be true, right, My kid would never do that unless they were tormented.
Speaker 7: Right of course, in all reality, your kid's just an asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your kid might be the fat bully.
Speaker 3: Right now, lay off the deritas, Fanny.
Speaker 2: I think the school should say, hey, eat healthy.
Speaker 1: Sure, but to look at one kid like if they go class, eat healthy and you Simon, slow down on those doritos, that's another thing, right, Yeah, you shouldn't do that. Or miss Smith, can I get my doritos? Well, remember we're trying to eat healthy. We might need to lay off the doritos. That's not a real critique.
Speaker 3: Right right, right.
Speaker 7: It really depends on how she said it, and we're not there, right, we're taking Simon's word.
Speaker 1: But our parents will sometimes go, well, you can't tell my kid what to do. Ah, they can, That's why you have them.
Speaker 9: There are we get.
Speaker 8: We will get a letter at the beginning of the school year all parents that get sent home and it'll say what snacks are allowed and not allowed in the classroom.
Speaker 1: We get that too, and it's enforced for the first four days. Yeah, and then it goes away because eh mm hmm.
Speaker 3: The kids just willing nearly eating in the classroom whenever they want.
Speaker 8: No, but they'll have like certain times where, you know, like if they have like a reading hour or something where they can have a snack in class, or you know, or special days where you know, we're gonna eat lunch inside the classroom today or something.
Speaker 1: Some schools have rules like you can't there's no soda. Some some schools have like, hey, no drinks that are red because it did you know, stain stuff.
Speaker 2: Things like that.
Speaker 1: Man poops and mosh pits two days in a row for you, huh, yeah, for you. So this comes out of New Zealand during the Devil Skin concert at the University of a Tago.
Speaker 2: I missed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it was apparently it was a pretty crappy show. I just heard it stink, right.
Speaker 7: So the band up they're playing, right, The story goes, the band's up there playing and then there's a moshpit that breaks out because that's what happens at metal shows, and people are jumping. People are slamming into each other, they're stomping, they're doing things that you would do in a mosh pit, right, and then that's when the smell of fresh caka permeates the air. And then people realize that they got they got it all over their shoes and clothes, and there's literally ass everywhere.
Speaker 3: So as people start freaking the.
Speaker 7: F out, naturally people start getting visibly, you know, visibly sick, you.
Speaker 3: Know, heaving in a gag and everywhere.
Speaker 1: The band takes a little break from the show so the event staff can come in and clean up the mess before they get back to the show, and eventually they got it all cleaned up. The mystery booper was identified as a middle aged man who was seen shaking it out of his pant leg.
Speaker 3: Gross.
Speaker 9: That is so disgusting.
Speaker 3: Go to the bathroom. You can still hear the music in the bathroom. It's not like you're gonna miss anything.
Speaker 1: Man, did you take something like yeah, Hamburger before I got to the show?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Do you have a loose anus? I'm just saying that like that doesn't that's not an easy thing to achieve.
Speaker 7: No, no, but if you are that comfortable doing that, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Some people are just like that.
Speaker 1: It's still not a like yeah, and make it cool, man. I don't want to talk about it too many details. Team pushing law for pet owners to sue over wrongful animal deaths. This happened in New Jersey, where a teenager is pursuing state lawmakers to act on his proposed bill after he witnessed a pit bull kill his chihuahua. Mokshah's law is named after the five pound dog that was mauled outside an apartment complex last March. It would open the door for pet owners to recover damages for emotional distress and wrongful death of an animal. Under current state law, pet owners can only sue to recover compensation for the animal's value. The thirteen year old Xander said he was inspired to draft the bill after animal control told his family there was nothing they could do in the wake of the attack, to which I say, yes, because pets are property, right, they aren't people. You already can be compensated in a way. And then what do you do. Let's just say they make this a law. What pets right? How do you determine a pet's value? In a family. I think it opens the floodgates. Should there be some sort of repercussion, of course, but wrongful death?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, it's property. I know people don't love hearing that, but until otherwise, the law is it's property, so.
Speaker 3: You can sue them civilly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, can get your money back, get you a couple hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: But no one will police the memories. That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 2: So then let's just say this exists.
Speaker 1: I'm driving down the road, your dog got out, I accidentally hit it and kill it.
Speaker 2: Should I get wrongful death?
Speaker 3: You're on the hook for it?
Speaker 1: No, this is what I'm saying, Like, there needs to be some some limitations on this. Yeah, right, What if your dog gets on my land and I shoot it?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Do I have to go with stand your ground because your dog who's now considered wrongful death?
Speaker 3: Like it opens too many doors? I agree, Well, those things aren't happening.
Speaker 1: This is specifically for if your dog mauls, okay, then it can't be wrongful death.
Speaker 3: Even then they're wild animals, they're not there's no control.
Speaker 2: There, right, And I know a lot of chiua.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know them personally, but I've seen a lot of chuaas they think they're bigger than their breeches.
Speaker 2: And I know some chuah.
Speaker 1: Most most, I'm sorry, most pit bulls will let a dog yap at them until they've had enough, right and then they finally snap. There are a few people that train their pit bulls to be super aggressive those it happens. But also there's plenty of videos of pit bulls out there being like.
Speaker 2: They try to turn their back, and they keep trying to turn and the chuah won't stop, and then they just go listen, I'm about to go, mama.
Speaker 3: Let me remind you of your place. Boy.
Speaker 1: You know a video I've seen a lot online lately, and I know it's AI and I don't care.
Speaker 3: Is uh they line people up in.
Speaker 1: A hallway at a dog adoption place and they let the dogs pick the people that.
Speaker 2: It's not real. It's all hundred percent fake.
Speaker 3: That's disappointing, Ruin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awfu, but I don't care.
Speaker 3: You're like that is a mate that feels like dogs would do that.
Speaker 7: There was one where like it was this little five year old boy or whatever, and this Dougherman comes up and it's kind of you know, picks the boy as its owner and it's whimpering and the boys like, oh, don't cruy and then they start crying together or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, it's awesome. It's like some of the best use of AI.
Speaker 9: How did you find out that it was AI?
Speaker 8: It's clearly okay, my mom's going to be so disappointed, so like so disappointed. She loves those videos. In fact, I think she's cried to them.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah it's good. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: But so it's also AI when Chuck Norris shows up in every movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see nuts, which is awesome.
Speaker 2: We got to take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 4: The Big Med Morning Show returns next.
Speaker 9: Good Morning Corbin.
Speaker 8: For the second time in history, the American Red Cross has declared a national blood supply crisis. Donations are in demand right now here in Green Country. If you register to donate with OBI now through July thirty first, you can enter to win a ten thousand dollars luxury vacation to anywhere in the world. Visit Our Blood Institute dot org to find out more and schedule your donation.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Gimbie well, good morning.
Speaker 1: Corban Drillers are in action this week as they're taking on the naturals of northwest Arkansas this.
Speaker 3: Week on a Thursday Thursday.
Speaker 7: You can get drink specials of course, and a Margaritaville Jersey for the first thousand pan buy in printing your tickets Centrals of Drillers dot com.
Speaker 1: So I love reading about the wild West because we talked a little bit yester about World War Two in the Fascination. But I also loved reading about the wild West because there are so many things we believe the wild West that happened in the wild West that did not.
Speaker 2: Like guns.
Speaker 1: As an example, guns were really expensive and so every cowboy having one was not real.
Speaker 2: Just wasn't a thing, right.
Speaker 1: But these are some other ones that people get wrong about the wild West. That fighting with Native Americans was commonplace. That's a Hollywood point. That wasn't a real thing, and Hollywood implied there was always a conflict between cowboys and Western settlers and Native Americans, and reality, the classes intension between the two did happen, but as day to day occurrences were very very rare. In fact, cohabitation, cooperation, even good business dealings were all just commonplace, more common than the actual fighting, i e. People be people right, right, they get it, They figured out how to get along, and then there was always a couple of bad apples amongst one side or the other. Another thing that they get wrong about the wild West that it grew from America's first gold rush. That's what we were led to believe, right, everybody went west to find gold. Happened in the mid eighteen hundreds, and characters like Jesse James and Doc Holliday were implied.
Speaker 2: That's why they were going that way.
Speaker 1: Some were like, well, this is as far as we can go, right, and that's why they landed where they landed. The event took place almost fifty years earlier and at the other end of the country. A twelve year old boy named Conrad Reid found a seventeen pound nugget of gold in the Little Metal Creek and rural North Carolina back in seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: So gold was it? Yes, Yes, another thing that is a.
Speaker 1: Foothold of cowboy lore from the wild West. Bank robberies happened every day. They didn't, They did not research into banking activities. In the late nineteenth century Frontier Period found that in the four decades from eighteen sixty to nineteen hundred, about a dozen bank robberies were recorded. That's twelve, and two of those were by Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Speaker 3: But we were led to believe that there were. It was all the time.
Speaker 1: That they were constantly robbing banks, and that's why they had the metal bars in.
Speaker 2: Front of the the teller.
Speaker 1: Another thing Hollywood depicted was that cowboys were ever forever fighting duels. You mean, they didn't go out into the middle of the street, take ten paces, turn around shoot each other. Dueling as a means of settling dispute came from Europe. By the nineteenth century, it was already falling out of social favor. Most gunfights in the West were less organized, more spontaneous, and more symbolic as a result poor marksmanship. That's also a thing people are like, Oh, cowboys were great marksmen. No, they weren't, and a desire to restore honor made the few dueling gunfights that did take place not quite as deadly as.
Speaker 2: You might think. So it wasn't really a thing. There wasn't a lot of practice.
Speaker 1: You never saw the movies about cowboys where they went to the gun range to practice. Well, no, they set bottles up on the fence, you know, shot at them, or cans of beans after they've eaten the beans.
Speaker 3: Did they have cans of beans? Would let you think they did?
Speaker 2: When were canned beans invented?
Speaker 1: Cause you take your knife and then sure open it up and you throw it next to the log on a fire and you're warm up and you're you're eating campfire beans. Eighteen seventy seven was the first can of wild beans. Can of beans? Okay, and the wild West ended about eighteen ninety, so I guess there's a good ten year overlapping. Yeah, man, So I don't know what the cowboys did before that for practice?
Speaker 3: Right, Wow, they got their bottles, it's that's gorilla.
Speaker 1: I don't know if glass bottles were a thing, Sure they were, and it feels like a luxury item.
Speaker 3: What else are they going to drink out? I've got metal metal cups.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying bart like the saloon didn't have one ceramic.
Speaker 7: If you think about those old moonshine jugs with the XXX on the front would be made out of clay.
Speaker 1: This as eighteen fifties to seventies, handblown simple mold blown black glass wine liquor and porter bottles eighteen eighties. Then the machine kind of created it where they could start doing local soda. It was until nineteen oh three they invented the automatic glass bottle blowing machine, which is the movie Lindsay will promote at nine, She's a nice lady have glass bottles back then, I mean at the end of that era. One of my favorite ones that cowboys wore Stetson's.
Speaker 3: That's a brand, right. I couldn't tell you when that brand was started, though.
Speaker 2: They did not.
Speaker 1: They wore more like weird hats, like bowler hats. Yeah, because cowboy hats were expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh. John B.
Speaker 1: Stetson was even born until eighteen thirty and it wasn't until eighteen sixty five that he founded his now famous Stetson Company of hats in Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: In Philadelphia, not the wild West the mediocre East.
Speaker 1: The time he had spent with cowboys in the West in the early eighteen hundreds led him to want to improve the mishmash of ill suited it and mail equipped head gear that was common there at the time. So that's when he created what we know is the stetson hat. It became very popular Buffalo Bill Annie Oakley.
Speaker 4: Who were sideshow characters.
Speaker 1: Right Annie Oakley because of her her marksmanship. Yeah, yeah, uh were cool hats back. There's a lot of top hats.
Speaker 3: Back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, the height of your hat implied your superiority or your intelligence.
Speaker 2: It's the lifted truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right. That guy's got a big head, must have a small pains a blinkets right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They wore a lot of bowler hats and derbys. I think I'd probably wear a bowler hat.
Speaker 3: Those are the cooler ones out of all.
Speaker 2: Of them, I think. So. The derbies aren't bad though.
Speaker 1: It's always that around Oklahoma, that that guy that makes hats that I'm always like, I think I want one of those, right, you know? They steam it and put like chains on it, the black.
Speaker 3: Feathers and really get into it.
Speaker 1: Whack, put wax on it to give it that look, and you're like ah, And then I see myself in one, and I go, oh good, that's not a good idea for me.
Speaker 3: I'll just stick with my bull cap.
Speaker 2: I'll just leave it on backwards. That's better.
Speaker 1: Another thing that people get wrong about cowboys that they were all white. Most of the cowboy culture is Mexican and Spanish black cowboys, Native cowboys and immigrants also worked on cattle ranges.
Speaker 3: What do they call them, the catos? Yes? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another myth that cowboys were independent, wealthy adventurers. Nope, most were young, hired laborers who weren't good at anything else. They were load paid seasonal work moving calf and cattle across the wasteland. They didn't give it to the best people. That type of work always went to the lowest bidder.
Speaker 3: Because who else wants to do it right? Exactly.
Speaker 1: Another implication that's wrong that cowboys spent most of their lives doing cattle drives. Okay, not true. The major long distance cattle drive period was very brief from the eighteen sixties to the eighteen eighties because of railroads.
Speaker 3: Ah coming in here, ruining everybody.
Speaker 1: They took her drib barbed wire settlements, harsh winters.
Speaker 2: Helped end all that. People were like, this is dumb.
Speaker 1: Right, Why are we traveling all the way across the country with these stupid cows.
Speaker 3: Let's just let them up on a train. This fence was it here right?
Speaker 2: With this Bob Wire here. Another one that people get wrong that the West was lawless.
Speaker 3: All right, that's why they call it the Wild West, right.
Speaker 1: The government was weak and uneven with the justice. Towns had sheriffs, marshalls, judges, local ordinances, courts, citizens groups. The famous lawless towns had surprisingly low murder totals, although statistics are incomplete, and violence varied greatly by place and year. Cause, yeah, guess what. They didn't keep track. It's one of my favorite arguments about the the guy who murdered Jack the Ripper is that they didn't log crimes. So it's kind of like when you're like, man, we just went to Florida. Yeah, no, that was like six months ago. Uh really that was just last weekend. We went over to your house and swam. Nope, that was last month. People's ability to understand time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: One of the wanted dead and Alive posters were in every town.
Speaker 3: They weren't.
Speaker 1: That was mostly for entertainment. Rewards and wanted notices existed, but the giant illustrated posters were dramatic. Dead or alive wording was nowhere a thing.
Speaker 9: Just a bon jovie song.
Speaker 1: The West was populated by gun slingers. Most Western residents were farmers, miners, railroad workers, merchants, domestic workers, laborers, ranch hands, and families. The gunfighter became the symbol because he sold newspapers, books and tickets like Annie Oakley's Coming to Town, not because they were the average person. I love that stuff, man, I love it when you're like, way, way, Way, Way.
Speaker 3: Just goes to show we've been lied to all of our lives.
Speaker 1: Cowboys and movies they always make them look like not stressed, right, chill like it's all good, right, I'll handle this.
Speaker 7: Nope, the good guys were white. Bad guys wore black, and.
Speaker 1: We know that's not true. We know that's not true. I think it was the red sash was more of a thing. Oh yeah, well, gangs always have always had colors.
Speaker 3: How is you gonna tell them apart exactly.
Speaker 2: Some sort of visual.
Speaker 1: Identifier, so you know if you're with the right people or not, or who to stay away from. It was a little different to go, hey, you're on my corner of the plantation, right. It wasn't a fence line. Some st I got stacked rocks by the pond all the way to you know, creeves corner. Don't know Creas Corner, Yeah you do. It's past that pond on Smith's Land. I don't know where Smith's Land is, Yeah you do. You know that oak tree that fell. I'm not from here, man.
Speaker 3: Follow the line of rocks.
Speaker 2: I put them there myself, right, those those type of fences where the rocks are stacked three high property markers, my land property markers. Yeah, all right, we got to take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game because we had tickets to give away. Rock Oklahoma is Labor Day weekend. A bunch of bands are going to be playing over in prior to get your tickets and everything you need, lineup and all. That website that rocks is kmod dot com.
Speaker 3: Sinxing is the game.
Speaker 1: Current record is well, I'm leading with eight and Lindsay has six and you have four. Last week winner was a bunch of nobody. So you get your choice of Lindsay, Gimpion Coorbyn to give you clues. Whoever whichever team gets the most right is gonna win those tickets to rock Lahoma. Let's go to the phones. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name, Colton? How are you today? Buddy Good, Colton, who would you like to give?
Speaker 3: Clues?
Speaker 1: Lindsey Gimpier Corbin. All sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue. Here we go, All right, Colton, this is a mid nineties.
Speaker 7: Girl group with three girls in it. And this is what happened. Like Uh, when H two O goes over a clip. If you call that what.
Speaker 3: You got it? Fifteen miles to the side of the road.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you see a little sign there you go. If somebody dies and you don't want them to, you might do this. They might say this it's that band with Amy Lee. Amy Lee's band. You know which one I'm talking about? Yeah, probably the most popular.
Speaker 2: That's part of the song.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the one as I walked through the Valley of the Shadow, what Death?
Speaker 3: I take a look at my.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is the really the only song about baseball and baseball you have left, right and blank and it's out.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is that same a girl group that we talked about earlier with falls, But this is what do there you go?
Speaker 2: Colden is out for Death.
Speaker 8: I'm getting Maclaholma tickets.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did impressive, my friend, Colton, hang on the line. Okay, don't go anywhere. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name, Clint? You gotta beat six. Who do you want to give clues? Lindsay, Corbin, Lindsay or Corbin. Sixty seconds are on the clock. The timer starts after the first clue. Here we go, Billy Joe Armstrong. This is his band and they're singing about a street, not an avenue, not a circle.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: When you're asleep, you have these visions in your brain. They are known as yes, name of a street, and then the opposite when you take a mirror and throat on the ground.
Speaker 2: It's what.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: If you didn't, your wife is going to end your marriage because of your performance today, you would have a blank heart.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's that. That is broke.
Speaker 2: You're close broke.
Speaker 1: So you've got broke and you've got dreams and the name of a street, famous greet song by an artist.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I agree, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Indeed, you did not do well.
Speaker 3: Clinton.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you are not getting tickets to rockaholm my buddy, that a little more challenging than when you're just listening.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I haven't played it in a while.
Speaker 2: That's what she said. Hang on the Laurel steal anybody, congratulations called you're getting those tickets to Rockklahoma.
Speaker 8: Let's go, Bay finally broke.
Speaker 3: That tie streak. Let's go.
Speaker 1: You did man, Not only that, but you did it impressively, and you're getting tickets to rock Lahoma. Buddy, hang on the line so you and Gimpy can gloat together.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: This is the one that I ended on Gimpy and started on and didn't even move an into with. I walk a lonely street on the blanky blank blank blank blank blank, And that's as far as I go.
Speaker 3: That's the opening of the song.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I don't think it would have mattered.
Speaker 7: That Probably wouldn't have a boulevard. Isn't that a road that has trees lying down the middle?
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, Yale, I don't think it's Yale boulevard. No, I only gets seventy first boulevard.
Speaker 3: The actual definition of it.
Speaker 7: A boulevard is a type of broad avenue planted with rows of trees on boards.
Speaker 1: Remember that on the fourth grade. That is the dumbest thing. There's no actuality to that. No I'm just telling you how I learned it and what the Wikipedia says for it. So you drive down seventy first Street between here and one sixty nine, and.
Speaker 3: You're like, this must be seventy first Street boulevard. There's not really any streets down the middle of it or trees down the middle.
Speaker 2: Not right here.
Speaker 8: In my hometown where I grew up, we had to say off the boulevard because it was the bad street, because that's where all the drugs were sold.
Speaker 1: Okay for me growing up, boulevard was where like the fancy houses were.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, yeah, houses on our boulevard were all run down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I Also, what's court? What's the mister street Apedia over there? What is court? I believe that's just a small area. Court is a place or group with the Okay, what is a court in streets?
Speaker 7: A court in a street address is a short residential road that ends in a dead end loop or cul de sac.
Speaker 1: Then what's a circle? I know that sounds dumb, Well, then let's just find out, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: A circle in streets is a round intersection or a curved road layout, commonly appearing as a traffic circle or modern roundabout or in a neighborhood a cul de sac style loop. Okay, basically, lane, place, and court are all the same. Basically, an avenue is a wide roadway traditionally lined with trees and prominent buildings on both sides. A street is a public way lined with buildings or houses on both sides, and a road is a general path or open way of connecting two distant points or places. Shit up, hmm, can just hear my father arguing with me. Nope, that's a road, right, it says street. Nope, it's a road.
Speaker 3: It's a.
Speaker 2: Well the record now.
Speaker 1: Well, I finally break that and keeps me in a lead with nine, keeps Lindsay with six, and keeps you with folks. Ah, you urban planners, put your phone down. I don't need your text. Let's not not cly stole the things.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I get a If.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Big Mad Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Well here that.
Speaker 7: Trump talks up American auto industry in Detroit. In a campaign style speech at the General Motors Milford Proving Grounds in Milford, Michigan, Trump said that.
Speaker 3: He's done more for auto workers than any other president.
Speaker 1: He says that his tariffs targeting FOURIGN autos have boosted domestic production. His visits less than one hundred days before the midterm elections and a week before Michigan.
Speaker 3: Holds its primaries.
Speaker 7: A Democrat Senate primary contest between progressive Abdul el Sayed and Congresswoman Natley Stevens is in the national spotlight. The winner will face a Trump endorsed Republican Mike Rogers. The US and Iran pause fighting to give peace talks some space. The US and Iran are continuing a temporary hiatus to hostilities. US diplomats sought to give peace talks some space on Friday, bringing a halt to two weeks of military strikes. Iran said it will reciprocate falling following a China led push to resume stalled diplomatic efforts in Pakistan, though Iran denied media reports that it had agreed.
Speaker 3: To a ten day seasfire.
Speaker 1: Old Mom Donnie says that he'll stand with nine to eleven victims families. New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdanni says that he'll be at the annual nine to eleven remembrance ceremony in September. Despite some victims families not wanting him there. Mom Donnie says that he'll proud the honor families, the survivors, the first responders forever impacted by the horrific terror attack.
Speaker 3: Reaffirming the city will never forget.
Speaker 7: Several families of nine to eleven victims have started a petition to have the mayor banned from the official ceremony that will mark the twenty fifth anniversary of the attacks. Organizers accuse Mamdanni of supporting groups and individuals who have been critical of America and being sympathetic towards radical views going now get we don't take kindly to your type around here. And then lastly, Cherokee Nation opens applications for college housing Assistance program. The Housing Authority of the Cherokee Nation has opened up applications for its college Housing Assistance program for the twenty sixth fall semester. The program provides accepted.
Speaker 3: Students with one thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Per semester to assist them with how costs as they pursue a first time bachelor's degree. The organization says priority will be given to students who already receive assistance the previous semester through the program.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Corbin.
Speaker 8: I hope you got that gas cash word this morning at eight. If not, that's okay. You've got twelve more chances to win one thousand dollars while you work today from eight am all the way up until eight o'clock tonight. When you hear that keyword, enter it online at kmod dot com or on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Gimpie, Well, good morning Corbyn.
Speaker 7: Do you enjoy laughing at chubby people who wear flowerty Hawaiian shirts?
Speaker 3: I bet you do.
Speaker 7: Gabriel Iglesias is gonna be at the Cove and Side Reverspiracy on September nineteenth. If you want to go for free, just sit up that contestab right there on the free gingheartradio app.
Speaker 3: Good luck all right.
Speaker 1: Time for listener emails, you can always email us show at kmod dot com. Show at KMOD. I got this email on Sunday night, and it says, Hey, y'all, I'm gonna try and work through this. Hey y'all, I'm gonna try and give y'all the best description ever. Longtime listener, first time mailer, my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Of life three years.
Speaker 1: She also tried to choose between me and a different guy at the beginning, and I know that because her coworkers told me about it. She a bartender and I'm a blue collar guy, so our sleep schedule doesn't line up.
Speaker 2: But she also seems to be gone.
Speaker 1: Me then should be most nights, but she also doesn't want me at her job. I'm gonna say she also seems to be gone more than she should be most nights, okay, but she also doesn't want me at her job anymore because apparently, when I drink, I'm just a dick to her. But when I'm sober, I just bite my tongue because when I've had a few, my tongue knows no bounds you. But it's just no one's fault. It's just no one's fault ever but mine. And it's hard to tell her to leave because she has some so much stuff at my house, but when it's good, it's good. But she never fails to tell me that apparently I'm a dick to her when I've been drinking, even though that's not true, because I've learned to bite my tongue accordingly.
Speaker 2: Should I stay or should I go?
Speaker 1: Stream oil from a guy who's in quite their kerfuffle doesn't know if he should leave his girlfriend because she says he's a dick, but only when he drinks. But he's learned to bite his tongue even though his tongue knows no bounds. Yeah, and I mean the whole Hey, she's got a lot of stuff at my house. Well, I mean, I'll just go ahead and say this, PSA, who cares? Right, I don't care if she's built a log cabin inside your house. That should not matter. If you're debating whether to leave or go exactly, it's easy to put that stuff on the front lawn.
Speaker 8: Is that the only reason why you're staying in this relationship.
Speaker 1: I have a friend and he ended his relationship with the girl and she just never came and got her stuff.
Speaker 3: That happens sometimes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good will takes it right. Yeah, they got no problem taking it.
Speaker 3: He even was like, I'll leave, you know, you can come get get in the house all that stuff.
Speaker 7: You never did Nope, to just leave all your stuff behind. I guess if it's not important to you. But I mean we're talking what clothes.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and shoes, shoes and yeah, dishes, make up. Yeah, dude, I'm not shocked by this. When a woman's done, she's done. I would rather just have nothing. Yes, do what you'll fu? Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 8: Think that could be true if she leaves, but none, if she's getting kicked out, she's getting broken up.
Speaker 2: With I've kicked out leave. What's the difference if she leaves?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, yeah, he's got a small penis. I get it.
Speaker 2: It's all arbitrary, right.
Speaker 8: Uh no, Like if I'm leaving by choice, I might be. I'm out of here. I don't need my stuff. I'm more important than my stuff, which should be true in both scenarios. But if you're kicking me out because you're breaking up with me, I'm taking my stuff and yours.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Possibly yes.
Speaker 2: Ammie Morrison took my favorite sweatshirt this day.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I had it, we broke up. I don't have it.
Speaker 3: She probably doesn't have it now, or maybe she does. Maybe she does.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 3: Curls up with it at now.
Speaker 2: No, it's like her night sweatshirts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: Listen to email from a guy who's trying to decide whether he should uh stay or leave. Some great texts coming in. Uh, you're a dick and she's a cheating whore, deal with it. Another one, what's her number? Name a number, I'll talk to her. Another one, she's cheating? Another one, does anyone else smell burnt toast? Also, he sounds like a douche canoe. Another one sounds like he should leave her so he can go back for an education. My god, man, Hey, he could have been voice to texting. Yes, we get a lot of that, highly accurate. That voice to text is uh. If you want to drink and say whatever you want, then find someone who's willing to put up with it.
Speaker 2: I want to know what he's say.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that matters, because if she says he's being a jerk, then he's being a that's how he makes her feel. Yes, regardless of he could be like, you look pretty, and if she goes, well you're a jerk, she feels like you're a jerk.
Speaker 2: Maybe she thinks you're being cynical.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I want to know what he said. Does he show up to her work and sit at the bar, slouched over his pint right and his shot, sitting back and every time she comes back, he's like, did you want.
Speaker 2: To have sex with that guy?
Speaker 3: Very well?
Speaker 2: Could be he were over there a long time, right then, Yeah, you're a jerk face.
Speaker 9: Yeah, gave that.
Speaker 7: Guy an awfully long hug when he walked in, right.
Speaker 8: Or he could be sitting at the bar or just talking politics or something, and it could you know, it could be you know, offensive to other people sitting at the bar, and it could make them uncomfortable and not want to be there.
Speaker 3: Well, she says that he's a dick to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he's at the bar, not so much, or when he's drinking not so much.
Speaker 3: Everybody else that's there.
Speaker 1: What if he's at the bar and he's like, that's my girlfriend, Like he's constantly like ruined the vibe.
Speaker 9: And it costs her money.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, yeah, h kills the vibe for her, Yes, which is probably it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think a guy would be aware of that, and that's I think that's different than you're a dick. I think that's more of like, you're ruining the vibe. I'm trying to make money, right, don't you think Don't you think there'd be a little more clear to him if she was conveying it that way, You would think to me, I hear you're being a dick tells me that he's saying mean.
Speaker 2: He's being mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, reasonable answer. Maybe I'm just old. But you both sound like you could do some growing up. Nuclear answer. The solution here is obvious, show up drunk at her job, and every chance you get, maybe she'll done. Maybe she's a cheating horror, but maybe, just maybe she'll get fired and totally be dependent on you.
Speaker 2: Now she's right where you want her.
Speaker 1: Unpopular opinion, maybe you should communicate better with your girlfriend. The worst part of today's society is everyone knows how to talk, but nobody knows how to listen.
Speaker 3: That's deep, jack Andy, I would argue most.
Speaker 2: People don't know how to talk, yeah, and people don't know how to listen.
Speaker 3: It's a combination of the two.
Speaker 1: But we've got a guy who's trying to debate whether he should end it with his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: She works at a bar.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like.
Speaker 2: That she is there, so he goes to the bar and she says he's a dick.
Speaker 1: And they have odd schedules, and he says that she's gone more than she's home.
Speaker 2: If she's a bartender, that makes sense.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, And he says he's a blue collar guy, so that implies that he gets up early, go does some kind of manual labor job.
Speaker 3: You know, it makes sense. They're like ships, ships passing in the night or the other.
Speaker 2: I tried to date a girl that was a bartender and I just couldn't do it. Yeah, just the hours.
Speaker 3: We're never hanging out, and when you do want to go hang out with her, you got to go to the bar to hang out, but she's busy working.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not dating, right.
Speaker 3: And flirting with other guys to get their money.
Speaker 1: Or you have to go do something at like one o'clock in the afternoon, which is fine, right, but.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like a date. No, it feels like a lunch.
Speaker 1: She's probably not cheating you being there's probably affecting her ability to get tips.
Speaker 2: But she's probably cheating.
Speaker 3: They're all cheating ers. They were last one of them.
Speaker 1: Do we have that same opinion about guys who work at bars? Why do it When we have like a woman that works at the bar, we're like, oh, she's cheating. But a guy you never go, oh, he's cheating because he's working at a bar. You think a girl who works at a bar is automatically just having sex with whoever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think some girls would think that the male bartenders are doing the same thing, you know, just banging Every broad that comes in.
Speaker 1: This deck says alcohol and self control are the problem. Litten email from a guy who is not sure whether he should He said, I'm.
Speaker 2: Been dating this girl for like three years.
Speaker 1: She also tried to choose between me and a different guy at the beginning, and I know that because her coworkers told me about it.
Speaker 2: Not sure why we need to know that. I'm not sure the context.
Speaker 1: She's a bartender and I'm a blue collar guy, so our sleep schedules don't line up. But she also seems to be gone more than she should be most nights. But she also doesn't want me at her job anymore because apparently, when I'm drink, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just a dick to her.
Speaker 1: By the way he put that in quotes the dick quote unquote no dick, but apparently quote when I drink, I'm just a dick to her end quote. But what I'm sober, I just bite my tongue because when I've had a few, my tongue knows no bounds.
Speaker 2: But it's just no one's fault. Ever, But mine, and.
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell her to leave because she has so much stuff at my house.
Speaker 2: But when it's good, it's good.
Speaker 1: But she never fails to tell me that Apparently I'm a dick to her when I've been drinking, even though that's not true because I learned to bite my tongue Accordingly.
Speaker 2: Should I stay or should I go? What do you think, lindsay?
Speaker 9: I think she.
Speaker 8: Should go because clearly this guy's got some issues. Like you said, why is it important that we know that she chose him over another guy?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 9: Why is that important? Because you're that's you're you're still.
Speaker 8: Thinking about that, like you're wondering if she's still thinking about this other dude. You're not confident in this relationship, bro, And this is a you problem.
Speaker 9: She doesn't want you come.
Speaker 8: Into her work, so stay away from her work because you know what, you're an ass when you drink. Maybe you drink too much, Maybe you got a drinking problem, who knows, And maybe she's just trying to be nice about it, like, hey, we can fix this if you just don't show up ap at my bar. So and either way, you guys aren't seeing each other enough in the long run, This relationship isn't going to work out unless both of you get different jobs where you're on the same schedule. So cut ties now and just break up. She can get her stuff out of the house. I'm sure there's plenty of guys at the bar that will come help remove her stuff out.
Speaker 3: Can be what do you think?
Speaker 7: I think that if you don't want to be with somebody, if you're on the fence of being with somebody, that means you really don't want to be with somebody, So you should probably not be with somebody. Go leave, go, go go now and get that guess for both of them. You know, sure you could. You could work on yourself. She's told you what the issue is, right, So maybe not drinking, you know, don't be a dick.
Speaker 3: The thing is, is he like?
Speaker 7: He says, Oh, I learned to bite my tongue when I'm when I'm not drinking.
Speaker 1: Why why why bite your tongue? Then? I don't get it, But I guess in the end, if you ain't happy, then go on now, hit the road.
Speaker 3: Go find something else to do.
Speaker 1: Feedback's funny because if you like someone and they give you feedback, you go, well, I like.
Speaker 2: You and I don't want to do that anymore. You don't like her.
Speaker 1: She gave you feedback, doesn't sound like you want to do it. You said bite your tongue, and your tongue knows no bounds. I'm gonna guess would drink when you wrote this. I'm also gonna guess you were drinking when you go with it.
Speaker 3: I'm being an.
Speaker 1: Addictor that's what it felt like reading it, and the out of context context that she picked.
Speaker 2: You over, So who cares she's with? She picked you, so how does it matter how you got there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: As far as her stuff in her house? Again? So what so much stuff? What are we talking? Does she have furniture?
Speaker 3: Right? Are you gonna lose your couch?
Speaker 2: You gotta hire a crew, you gotta rent a truck?
Speaker 3: What are we talking?
Speaker 2: Sounds like you are lessie.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's why he doesn't want her to move out, because it is so much of her stuff and he's gonna have an unfurnished place now.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it was his place and they started dating, she just came over, right, rather than they live together. If they live together, I'm with you. But if he had a place and she just started coming over I don't know. To me, it doesn't matter. I'm of the mindset of if you're not happy, leave, don't settle.
Speaker 3: That's the easiest best way to put it. It's scary.
Speaker 2: I understand it's scary too, Like, oh, I may be alone for a while.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's all right. Guess what good news if you in this relationship.
Speaker 1: I understand it'll be scary, maybe because you'll be alone, but also, no one's going to tell you you're being a dick. No, you ain't got nothing to worry about, nobody to worry about about yourself. Lots of great things on there are on the other side of scary truth. So and you know what, if you make a mistake, maybe it'll work out or maybe not. But to put this much weight into something like this, it doesn't. It isn't worth it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You might want to evaluate. You might be being ad dick to people when you're d So let somebody tell you got a tail twice before you turn around. You know, somebody besides his girlfriend to tell him that he's being a I'm sure. I think if somebody tells you twice, you should go. I should reflect on this. What makes me? What makes you think I'm being a jerk to you. Well, you tell me I'm fat, that's okay. Yeah, No, you're right, Well that makes sense.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 1: Honesty, honest, and dick wrapped up in the cloak of honesty is not honesty, right, it's an excuse.
Speaker 3: Well that's what people say.
Speaker 7: Man, Well listen, I just tell it how it is, right, You hear that all the time. Why just telling it how it is? Well, you know, that's just you being an asshole.
Speaker 3: Is all it is.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you got to say statements like this. In general, we need more empathy and grace in the world, especially to those you like, really.
Speaker 3: Like you, they'll be fine with it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 1: The natural filtering process, right, that's what you're alluding to, the natural filtering process.
Speaker 2: A lot of alone people have that mentality.
Speaker 1: Right to live with other people, you have to barter with some of the things you want in life. Yeah, and some things you're willing to let go of and some things you're not. And some people you're willing to let go of. Thing like mine was like, yeah, I'm gonna leave you, or're gonna eat okre, I'd be like, well, all right, I guess I'll try.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try a will bye.
Speaker 1: No. I love my wife so much I would try to eat okre for her.
Speaker 2: Some people would feel that as a giant gesture.
Speaker 1: Yes, that I would try to consume a weed that tastes like snot that is really not a food that you're all just wrapped up in the morals of it.
Speaker 2: You think it means something. I digress any tangent I can get on, Okay. I don't know why it rouse me up, but it does.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got their thing.
Speaker 2: Man that in four way stops.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: You can always email us show at KMOT dot com.
Speaker 3: We'll be back Rush four of the Big Men Morning Show is your emails.
Speaker 2: You can always email us. This one is short and sweet.
Speaker 1: My wife told me last night she doesn't like my face right now, that's something I did my face. I didn't even know what to say, so I just went to bed. By the way, she's pregnant. We have nine more weeks.
Speaker 2: Wo Yeah, you did that right, You did that. You got are pregnant, assuming you're just not one of those guys who gets with a girl who's pregnant and you're not.
Speaker 3: Those guys exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do all the heavy lifting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let me talk to her.
Speaker 3: I can save her.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can.
Speaker 1: That moment of pregnancy where the volatility is there, that's fun.
Speaker 3: Right, hormones are raging.
Speaker 1: You can't tell them, man, No, oh, you can tell them that. Yeah, yeah, just prepare for the aftermath. Just be on the other side of the plexiglass. Right, you can tell them that in a note, right and run. But there are countless stories of people who their partner's pregnant and they had a really rough time with their partner because they were what's the scientific term, they were growing an alien in them.
Speaker 7: Right, emotions are heightened, everything's out of tend because you want to get this damn baby out of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Always talk about like when a baby's born and the mother's bond to the baby, like right when it's born, and it's like super strong, And to the guys, it's it's just it's there, But it's just not super strong because to them it's the first time there's been any connection to it at all.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You may put your hand on a belly and feel a kick, you may see a picture, but to you, it's just a normal day.
Speaker 2: It's like nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing.
Speaker 3: Baby. Yeah.
Speaker 8: How long does it take for the baby to recognize the dad's voice.
Speaker 9: It's not like two weeks. I think after it's born.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they ask the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how they validate that.
Speaker 3: Well of this world? Would you like to take a survey?
Speaker 2: Is it wag its tail?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How do we know?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But a woman having a baby is is a special type of whoa doggey? Yeah, my wife was pregnant. She had two things she loved a lot. They weren't me but bean burritos okay and Brussels sprouts, not together, just those were the two things she loved eating, and so I bought every week. I buy like five or six bean burritos, put them in the freezer, and if she never ate them, I just threw them away, eh, because I didn't want to go get bean burritos at one o'clock in the morning, and I kept Brussels sprouts on hand to make whenever.
Speaker 3: Right, he was pulling out the freezer, boom, you're good, right?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: Texts coming in sounds like something a fat person would say. Okay, sounds like this is a young relationship. You must learn to never go to bed angry. And if she is pregnant, she's always right. What's her name and number? I'll talk to her. I am not a believer of you should never go to bed angry. It's okay to go to bed angry. Yeah, because whether or not you make up at the end of the night, because we don't want to go to bed angry, those emotions still carry over to the next day. Well, I would argue my sleep is important and to solve it just so we can go to bed.
Speaker 2: Not really great.
Speaker 7: I tried that once. I gotta get up in the morning. I've got to work. I need to go to bed. Ha, you are staying up until we figure this out. Hell if I am She didn't like that too?
Speaker 1: Awful money, no funny thing about a conversation. It does take two people right another one. Pregnant women are cranky and vulnerable. Trust me, just take this and love on before it gets worse. Or tell me your name and number and I'll talk to her. Okay, Guys cranky and vulnerable? Are pregnant women vulnerable more so than any other time? Does being pregnant make you more vulnerable?
Speaker 9: I think so.
Speaker 8: I mean, I would cry at at a Kleenex commercial.
Speaker 2: Is that vulnerable or emotional?
Speaker 9: Both?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 8: I think it opens you up. You see that you want to talk about your feelings. You you do like you, you want to you do want to talk about a lot of stuff, and you do talk about what you're going through with especially with other pregnant women or with your spouse or partner, and you want them to understand what you're going through.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I think you you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's communication here on your part. To think someone's ever going to understand what you're going through, regardless if they're also going through with it. It's not reality, right, everybody's journey is different that. This text says, I love a good cheating whole email. Another one, well, obviously she likes your face nine months ago with what I'm assuming is your child. Well, to be fair, there are plenty of people that like someone's face for an hour or so.
Speaker 3: It's all you really need, ye, Na, I really need to like it that much.
Speaker 2: Another one wear a mask of her favorite celebrity.
Speaker 1: Another one, I would be happy if my current seven andred month pregnant prenatal psychosis wife said that she didn't like my face. Hell, I'm just lucky to come home without police present every day. Sounds like he's in it. M reasonable answer. Pregnancy is a hell of a ride. Don't take anything she says right now personally, strap in and get a helmet. You probably did the smart thing, but just going to bed. Nuclear answer. She made me pregnant, but that's no excuse for her behavior. You look her straight in the eye and list off everything about her that's changed that you don't like right now, sauce goose giga. Oh, that's a total different image. Good catch, and the new dump isn't close, so it takes me a minute to get my mouse. And you know it's on two screens, so you know, if anybody's ever worked on two screens, it doesn't automatically.
Speaker 2: You're like, ah, where is it?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 2: Though, Let me rephrase that the way it was written.
Speaker 3: Take a deep breath and pull your feelings out of your manngina, then change your face for the next nine weeks.
Speaker 2: Don't look too much. Don't look too much into it.
Speaker 1: After going through having two kids with my ex, she wasn't that bad, but.
Speaker 2: There were moments she got nine weeks. So she's at the point where she wants a five minute break.
Speaker 1: Maybe give her standby counter and lift her belly for a few minutes at a time.
Speaker 2: Don't any of that. Just rest that baby right here on account.
Speaker 3: Let me.
Speaker 1: You want me to hold that for you, Let me go get a Let me go to Joey and Fabric and get a couple of yards and we'll tie that up like a splint.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. That's a belly hammock man.
Speaker 1: It's a movie that Lindsay's gonna promote a nine. All I gotta say is she's pregnant. Good luck, my guy. Another one, she's a cheating horror. What's her name and number? Okay, start doing the John cena. Maybe that'll help. Oh god, you can't, no one. I'm glad, I'm ugly and single.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 1: Tell her to calm down, remind her she's acting like her mother. Oh god, great advice. That's probably the winner right there. Listener email from a guy. My wife told me last night she doesn't like my face right now, not something I did my face.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know what to say, so I just went to bed. By the way, she's pregnant. We have nine more weeks, Lindsey.
Speaker 8: Calm down, she's pregnant, Show her some grace. She just doesn't like your face right now because she's pregnant. She doesn't like anyone's face right now. Because she's pregnant. Everything's going to annoy her.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 8: She's gonna wake up and go, hey, I'm sorry. Probably maybe, maybe not. If she doesn't, in nine weeks, she'll be so much better. Just think think of how she's going to be in the hospital room like, it's going to be up and down, up and down, up and down, So just be therefore.
Speaker 9: She doesn't mean it. Right now.
Speaker 8: It is one hundred and ten degrees outside and she's nine weeks away from giving birth. It's it's the heat, man, Blame the heat.
Speaker 9: It is not her.
Speaker 8: Just ignore it right now and get through it, because that's what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Gimme, yeah, you can and can't take it personally, man, she's she's pregnant, she's hot, she's emotional hormones or raging whatever.
Speaker 7: Uh okay, that is what it is. You gotta deal with it. She doesn't like your face. I'm sure there's times you don't like her face either, but you just don't tell her that it's part of relationship.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 7: Did the right part by just going to your room instead of making a big deal out of it, you know. Or you could be like, h I don't like your face right now. Okay, well I'm here, I'm not going anywhere, so don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: Eh, don't. I wouldn't take it personally, man, keep on keeping on.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's probably the best advice, don't take it personally. But also, you don't get a pass for being a bitch. It isn't an automatic implied pass. She gets grace, right, but shouldn't she have to be like, hey, that wasn't cool, or is there just a standing blanket apology for nine months?
Speaker 3: Pretty much? Basically, no, we don't.
Speaker 1: That's not how you got to be a good human And if you love people, you're allowed to make mistakes. But you don't just get an automatic pass. But that being said, you also need to be a little empathetic about what she's dealing with. She can be uncomfortable and have large donuts around her ankles and be sweating because it's sixty five degrees in the house and want Brussels sprouts. And it's not gonna be better when the baby's born.
Speaker 2: That's a myth. It's forever different.
Speaker 1: She'll be stressed because you're not getting up to breast help or breastfeed, or clean the bottles or make formula, or we're out of diapers, or because life gets harder. It doesn't get easier. It ain't going back to normal. There's new normal, and then there's a new normal, and then there's a new normal. But uh yeah, don't take it personally. It is a side effect of being pregnant. But also she should also you'd be like, hey, you said I was ugly.
Speaker 3: I'm a good looking man.
Speaker 1: I know you're having pregnant and it's not fun for you, and I'm sorry, But also, can you not call me ugly?
Speaker 2: That doesn't feel like healthy.
Speaker 3: You're my feelings.
Speaker 1: You don't even have to say that. I don't let people call me ugly. Maybe that w's what you can say. I don't let people stand there and breathe, all right, I don't let people take space. Okay, all right, we gotta take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 4: More of the Big Men Morning Show is next.
Speaker 8: Good Morning, Corbin, Happy twenty sixth porn Star birthday to miss a freea Meyer. Check out this natural blonde in the kind of born.
Speaker 9: Your girlfriend watches Licking Lovers and meet the select squad.
Speaker 8: She's a student studying psychology and languages.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Gimpill, Good morning Corban.
Speaker 1: Just got another keyword to score yourself a thousand dollars cash for gas If you missed it this okay, keep on listening. You got plenty of chances throughout the day catch that keyword, plug it in and get yourself a thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: Time to tell the truth. This is your opportunity to ask anything you want. Just remember, keep it clean. No bodily fluids, nothing sexual hand don't forget. We can and will pass on a question. Let's open up the boone lines. There's Corbyn in the gang with all the truth.
Speaker 3: You got any.
Speaker 2: Texting? Your question?
Speaker 1: BM mass and whatever that is to eight two nine four five? Do you lindsay in your house it's your children who have phone like devices.
Speaker 3: Do they call you from other rooms?
Speaker 2: Because my daughter facetimed me from another room, I'm like, why don't you just walk in here?
Speaker 3: Does that happen?
Speaker 9: Yes, once in a while, it will.
Speaker 8: It'll be a text, not so much a phone call, but yes, a text message. And sometimes I will ask the same question and it will.
Speaker 9: Be, well, I didn't know if you were in.
Speaker 8: The bathroom, or I did holler for you, but I didn't get an answer, so I figured maybe you were sleeping.
Speaker 9: Always an excuse you.
Speaker 3: But if they thought you were sleeping, you'd still wake me up.
Speaker 9: Yep, mmm hmm, Yeah.
Speaker 3: My kids are in it in that.
Speaker 9: Huh, how are you.
Speaker 3: Doing being lasi, being.
Speaker 1: LESSI exactly to tell the truth eight three three four six l km od or you can text bmms uh and then what you want to say to eight two nine four five. Woke up this morning, gave one good cough, had a problem in my pants.
Speaker 2: Damned bad lettuce. Lindsay said something.
Speaker 1: She said, with all the cycle spora stuff, she's never craved salads more than she is.
Speaker 2: But she's not eating.
Speaker 3: Lettuce, right?
Speaker 2: Are there a lot of people not eating lettuce because of that?
Speaker 3: Ah's not stopping me any It's not stopping me either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let us comes on a burger, I'm eating it. Let us comes in your taco, I'm eating it. I think there's just as likely you get sick from other things. I don't think it's the whole lettuce world isn't destroyed.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's just one company that's under scrutiny, right, it's not. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's the problem too, is that people's misunderstanding of how the food system works.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You think the lettuce you get at Walmart is different than the lettuce you get they supplied to the grocery store that has a different litt No, they're all the there's like two major companies. They just put different packaging on it.
Speaker 3: I am the lettuce king.
Speaker 1: How about this one. You're staring at the candy aisle, What are you picking? And what is the nastiest.
Speaker 2: Option to you? The second part of that question is really fascinating, So let's just do the first part. You're staring at the candy ale. What are you picking?
Speaker 9: Lindsay if they have it? And lately the dollar store has had bit of honey.
Speaker 8: That's normally where we'll buy candy because it's so inexpensive. So bit of honey, okay, Grandma, I love it?
Speaker 3: Sure, GIMPI probably a score bar. I like me some scores.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen a score bar forever I'm doing gummy nerds all day.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I love them so much. What is the nastiest option?
Speaker 9: Alm enjoy?
Speaker 2: Okay, GIMPI sour patch kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't like sour?
Speaker 2: They are good though.
Speaker 9: They are so good.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say that's I would pick that second if I don't want chocolate.
Speaker 3: Here a baby right now.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the sour gummy worms that are two There are two worms stuck together and one of them sour and one of them sweet.
Speaker 3: No, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bit of honey that's what I'm picking. Is the nastiest option. But the honey is so gross.
Speaker 9: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: That's why it's hard to find.
Speaker 9: Then crazy, that's why it's hard to find.
Speaker 2: It's not hard to find because it's in demand.
Speaker 3: So that's something you only see coming around a Halloween time. And the Multi Bag or at.
Speaker 8: Ace Hardware they have it in their candy aisle and the big they.
Speaker 9: Have it the best. Pro You have to get it because it's special.
Speaker 1: No, because it's a nostalgic candy, because all those old people go to those places.
Speaker 8: Old people don't eat it because they get stuck in their teeth and they'll pull out their dentures.
Speaker 2: So no, I know plenty of old people. Guess some I know that have dentures.
Speaker 3: Zero.
Speaker 2: How many other people do you know? How many have dentures? I grew up going to my grandma's house and.
Speaker 1: She had a a but blue bonnet butter container for her dentures.
Speaker 9: Yes, so did my grand my grandparents.
Speaker 1: I being honest, I don't know a senior citizen that has dentures.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I do either, I don't know. I don't know them on that level.
Speaker 8: But my my mother's parents both had wore dentures, and my grandmother keeped hers in one of those butter containers, and my grandfather would just keep them in a glass of water.
Speaker 3: So you can put it in dry. Man, you gotta have some kind of lubricant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to tell the truth, bem a mess and whatever that is to eight, two, nine, four or five tell truth. If you guys had to enter the dating scene.
Speaker 1: Again, if you weren't married or in a relationship, how would you guys prefer to enter the dating world again? Dating app or social encounters?
Speaker 8: I know, social encounters. I'm sure that there's plenty single dads out there, like at a football game or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, Kimb, I'm open to either one, honestly.
Speaker 3: But dating apps do you make life a whole hell of a lot easier? You know you can?
Speaker 7: You can sit down and get to know somebody and whether or not you want to hang out with them or not, and never have to see them, never have you know, see them face to face. You know, you can like finally be like, Okay, I like where this conversations at Wentz.
Speaker 3: I like the mojo that we have here. I think it's a good deal. Let's meet up or you like this ain't working?
Speaker 1: Crazy bitch, I want to say, social encounters, but also less.
Speaker 2: To tell truth.
Speaker 1: Cordin, what are you not like four way stops? They're quite the cluster puddle man. People just can't seem to decipher when they arrived or someone thinks they can tell everyone else when to go. It is a oh, it's a science experiment for sure.
Speaker 2: I have three kids, two.
Speaker 1: Young daughter okay, young daughters under five year old year old Corbyn Gimpie Corbyn have teenage daughters? Right, any advice for a future father of teenage daughters?
Speaker 2: I do not have teenage daughters. I have a eleven year old. I don't have a teenage and an eight year old. He's a full grown adult, twenty one years old.
Speaker 7: So if I was to give you any advice for future teenage daughters, just like you're dealing with your old lady man, it'll pass by.
Speaker 3: Bury it.
Speaker 2: What he's saying is ignore.
Speaker 3: Don't take it personal. Be fine.
Speaker 2: Almost less than a month away.
Speaker 1: What's the first thing you want to do at Oklahoma other than what you have to do for work?
Speaker 9: Lindsay, I'm a little offended that they didn't ask me what to do with teenage daughters.
Speaker 2: You don't have a teacher. I was a teenage It's not the same. That's not the same.
Speaker 8: I'll say that dads are the most important.
Speaker 2: Come on, we're moving on almost a month away.
Speaker 1: What's the first thing you want to do at Oklahoma other than what you have to do for work?
Speaker 8: Crack open a beer? So that's hot and that is refreshing. One of the best things about it, or get is that Hawaiian Brothers is that what it's called the Hawaiian noodles.
Speaker 9: Their food is so good.
Speaker 2: Hawaiian Brothers is a chain.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 8: The up of noodles. It's Island noodles. Yes, thank you, Gimpy.
Speaker 2: So good, Gimpy.
Speaker 7: Something we haven't done in a long time, and I really think that we as the show need to bring it back because honestly, we're the only ones out there. And that's the traditional shotgunning of the beers used to be a Rockeloma tradition Fridays, you know, get out there, jocks, get out there, you know, shotgun a beer and uh, how things have changed over time?
Speaker 3: Not sweat good l Yeah, good luck with that.
Speaker 1: If you discovered you had a long lost evil twin, what would be the distinguishing characteristic? Like how evil twins in soap operas have a mustache, so we can tell you apart.
Speaker 9: My evil twin would be a redhead.
Speaker 3: Okay, Gimpy, my evil twin would have too good.
Speaker 9: I want Want.
Speaker 1: Instead of on the penis, the scar would be on the face. I'm with Lindsay, bit of Honey's Good liquorice is the worst.
Speaker 3: Alickorice is good.
Speaker 9: Red liquorice is good.
Speaker 2: Do you guys listen to any good football podcasts? What are the best college football podcast options?
Speaker 8: I don't listen to any so I can't help you there.
Speaker 3: Sorry, listen to podcasts at all? So wow.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to college football podcasts. But I know with the free iHeartRadio app, you have many options.
Speaker 2: What's the worst beer you've ever had? Oh, lindsay, what's the worst beer you've ever had?
Speaker 9: I can't say that I've had a worst beer.
Speaker 8: There wasn't one that I was like, Oh, that's awful, spit it out, spit it out us.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I'm sure one is. I've never bought it again. I don't know what that was, though.
Speaker 3: Him be where do I start? Man? Any craft beer is a good place to start.
Speaker 1: I get you've had some craft beers with me and been like, this, isn't that bad? Not that bad, that's not awful, A totally different things. They're Milwaukee's best is terrible.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: There was this one that I had. It was called Camo, and it was It only came in forty ounces. It was like an eight point eight percent beer something like that, and it tasted like hot garbage.
Speaker 3: But enough of them you'll end up pissing in a clothes hamper. I know that for a fact.
Speaker 1: Typically when something doesn't taste good, keep drinking or eating it.
Speaker 3: That's just me.
Speaker 1: There was this walnut beer I had. It was a regional beer. I'm trying to remember where it was from. And I was like, oh, that sounds good, like thinking it was going to be walnut, like a walnut mesquite type of I don't know. It was not good. It was I couldn't. I could not finish it.
Speaker 2: It was so gross.
Speaker 1: That's the one that comes to mine off the top of my head. My mother has had denters since she was in her early twenties. Her teeth started breaking and falling out after her pregnancy with me in the late eighties, and I bet she never.
Speaker 2: Let you forget it.
Speaker 1: Doctors told her pregnancy made her calcium deficient, causing her teeth to become brittle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was quite common.
Speaker 1: But I think the point is still valid that we're saying is that since the late eighties, I don't know if I think they've kind of figured that out.
Speaker 3: It's more of an extreme scenario with denters. I know more younger people with dentures than I do older people, even people I know that are good point that are younger. It's not a full thing. It's like a thing that's like one or two teeth.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, but those are called partials then okay, yeah.
Speaker 7: These people just made poor decisions growing up and decided meth was a good thing to smoke.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: What movie quotes do you say all the time that no one understands?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: None, because I don't really watch any obscure movies that people don't get. So when I say, like, do we just become best friends? People know that step brothers.
Speaker 1: Gim me, daddy, would you like some sausage?
Speaker 7: I'm the backwards man, the backwards man. Nobody walks past back again because I'm the backwards man.
Speaker 2: You thought you, we thought you was a toad?
Speaker 3: All right? Oh brother, we aren't.
Speaker 1: Why do pedestrians have right of way when it's easier to stop walking than it is to stop a vehicle, especially when at higher speeds. I don't know, Go talk to the pedestrian police. Can be your evil Tim Twin would have a gimpt right arm and a normal left arm.
Speaker 2: Oh to be opposite right here? Okay, any ip A some people believe that's true.
Speaker 3: I've had.
Speaker 2: I could introduce you some ip's that are pretty pretty good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I they're not my favorite either, but there are some that are really good.
Speaker 9: I guess any warm beer is a bad beer.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: If you don't like I PAS because you're just you know, against it, then yeah, they're not gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Lost Lake taste how it sounds, that's true.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever had it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have, I yeah, because I've brought it to functions before. Okay that in pig's eye. Lost Lake is a silver can blue or used to be. And I only ever found it at one place and it was the your store over by your bar. Okay, Okay, yeah, I've heard people talk about it. What's been the go to summer treat so far? My wife keeps making lemon cookies and they are a problem. Well listen, diamond shoes, I get it, man, what do you think, lindsay, they're not.
Speaker 9: A problem for me?
Speaker 8: Lemon pissette. I made that recipe this summer and now it's a fixture in my household.
Speaker 2: What is lemon pissette.
Speaker 8: It's like a custard and you can brewlay it as well. It's three ingredients, cream, lemon, and sugar.
Speaker 2: It's delicious, KIMPI.
Speaker 3: At this particular moment, it is what is it? Banana split ice cream? Oh yeah, I got it.
Speaker 9: I got it.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you right now, but I got a tub of it, and I sat down first night and ate ate half of that tub by myself, and it's, uh, it's just a little end of the.
Speaker 3: Night right before I go to bed. Treat your frott on art.
Speaker 2: Free zero sugar pink lemonade from Minute Made vodka and tonic Ie so good, and the ratios are never the same when I make them.
Speaker 3: Just for the record, a little less lemonade the more you drink.
Speaker 2: It's a little pretty pink in the beginning, right then think it's less less pink.
Speaker 1: I tell my wife it's just there's more ice in it, but she doesn't believe me.
Speaker 3: Right that I smells funky.
Speaker 1: Right, somebody's saying please do everything rhymes with the orange is a pretty easy I pa to drink and doesn't have that piny kick in the teeth.
Speaker 2: Taste. Okay, Uh, that's the one off the top of my head that I can think of. Favorite band at Rockklahoma And what band do you wish was going to play?
Speaker 9: Hmmm, who do I wish was going to be there?
Speaker 8: And my favorite Papa Roach is probably going to be my favorite. And who do I wish was going to be there? I don't have a wish pass.
Speaker 9: On the wish.
Speaker 7: Okay, Kimp Godsmack's favorite band is going to be there? Who do I wish would be there but will never be there? Would be the Mighty Metallica or hell even ac DC, you know, because Metallica is such a expensive band. I think ac DC could do it cheaper, and I've never seen them. I'm gonna go with ac DC because I have sea.
Speaker 3: Metallica, but I have not ever seen ac DC.
Speaker 2: I would like that favorite band that's playing this year.
Speaker 1: Besides, I'm not going to pick gim me pick Scott's Mad because it's a favorite band. Besides the Big Ones. I'm gonna pick Hollywood and Dead. They put on a pretty good them are suicidal. They put on pretty great shows. Okay, okay, And then wish Danko Jones. I would love to see Danko Jones play. I've played him before here on the show. I think that would be pretty awesome to see him play.
Speaker 2: All right, we got to take a break and we'll be back.
Speaker 3: I saw this.
Speaker 1: News story this morning, and I find it incredibly fascinating. It happens in Florida where a story that's been going on for four decades came to a close.
Speaker 2: Finally, four decades.
Speaker 3: Dang a woman went missing in March of nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: She was twenty three years old.
Speaker 1: It was profiled on Date Lion's Cold Case Spotlight, and they discovered the remains of twenty three year old Rose Gayheart in a canal. And they've identified the remains as this missing girl for decades, and now they can classify it as a homicide because if there's no body, there's no homicide, right. So the family obviously is very relieved that this is coming to some getting some closure. She was last seeing outside. This might be the reason I'm really reading the story. She was last seen outside Big Howie's Hot Dogs. Oh, she apparently worked there. She was then living with her boyfriend and his mother in a trailer park. She was ported missing by her parents. In a twenty seventeen interview, her sister said she believed she was murdered, referencing reports of concer it fighting at the trailer park. So now police are moving on to that phase of investigating a homicide.
Speaker 9: Uh, huh.
Speaker 2: I don't know how police work operates.
Speaker 1: Do they like, until there's a body, do they even try to investigate a homicide? Or is it if there's a clue that leads them to that then they pursue that.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe in the beginning without a body, investigator investigate, but after a while you got to kind of you know, and we're using up resources, So wait until we get a lead and then go from there.
Speaker 9: He the boyfriend.
Speaker 8: They probably questioned him, and he was probably at work and there was probably witnesses or the mother said he lived with a boyfriend and mother at the time.
Speaker 9: They probably didn't think the mother would do it.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm sure they questioned.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, right, and then well she was at work and that was the last time we saw her. So then they figured she was a runaway because they didn't find a body.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think they just automatically jump to runaway. There has to be information that leads them to believe that, right, Sure, kidnapping maybe, yeah, unless the eyewitness accounts are the people they're interviewing make that up to elude that maybe they could get there. I think that would be an awesome job to do cold case in Florida, anywhere, anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just do it.
Speaker 2: It feels less dangerous.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, and think of the rewarding feeling at the end of that if you solve that and you get to take that information to a family it's been so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if that would be the highlight, but I hear you. Yeah, I don't know if I want to see them break down.
Speaker 8: No, but they are grateful. It's finally, you know, finally have some closure.
Speaker 1: And it feels like in that situation if you're working cold cases, everybody knows it's going to be a long.
Speaker 3: Road, right, So you can take your time on this, not have to rush it.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: So, really do your research, really do Not to imply that isn't normally happening, but there is probably a pressure point to get things solved.
Speaker 8: To move on to the next case, right, But like there could be like, well, at this time, we were, you know, investigating the O.
Speaker 9: J murders, and you know, we put this on the back burner.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know if that's a good phrase to say.
Speaker 9: Wow, Yeah, allegedly, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's a good phrase to say there was a more important case than yours. Well, it happens, they only have no I don't think it does happen. I think they only have so many resources and those things. If if there's five detectives and ten murders happen in a week, right, those they have to work on.
Speaker 2: Those, they don't go. We'll get to it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: This isn't us in our inbox, right.
Speaker 9: Or at the time we didn't have DNA.
Speaker 3: I'm listen.
Speaker 1: I A case not getting solved has zero to do in my opinion, with the detectives. Okay, there might be instances where it's the detectives, but overall it's not the detectives. There's either data and information or there isn't.
Speaker 3: Right, they're doing their job. There's just not enough evidence.
Speaker 2: I think it's fair to us.
Speaker 1: There are reasons to cite bad police work or lack thereof, but overwhelmingly they're doing it more often than they're not doing it. They're doing it, Yes, their job.
Speaker 3: Yes, of the.
Speaker 1: Thousands of police hundreds of thousands of police departments across this country, of detectives, they're doing it. Even if there's one in each state, that's fifty, right.
Speaker 7: You know, what I'm saying, But you're not getting the answers you want, so therefore they're not doing their job.
Speaker 1: I exactly exactly. I think that's what it is. But for this family to get some closure finally, twenty three years now, it's a whole other thought process.
Speaker 2: Right now is thought process of like, how long was she there?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Did she suffer? Is there trauma on her bones?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did she go through?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh, I've walked by, I've driven by, I've stubbed that, I've went through millions of times by that spot, and I didn't see her?
Speaker 2: Why didn't I see her?
Speaker 9: Sure? Were her parents still alive? To get the information?
Speaker 2: He just didn't say. I would imagine.
Speaker 7: Possibly not right, but at least you know siblings if they're already, yeah, cousins whatever, her sister yeah, yeah, which is good for her. So she gets that information, she's like, Okay, finally there's some closure there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it would be good for the parents.
Speaker 3: You think it'd be too much for him to take and they'll kill over and die.
Speaker 1: I don't know about all that, but I think that to hear how bad it was, like, that's pretty gnarly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not awesome to hear.
Speaker 1: Forty one years you've come to terms, right, I would think, right, you've come to terms that either she's happier or she's moved on.
Speaker 3: Right, somebody wants to get.
Speaker 1: Away that bad, whether it's a runaway or they were murdered. I think you go to Okay, you've got to for your mental state.
Speaker 7: For sure, but don't in there a small part of you that wants to know how it happened always, you know what I mean, Like did she drown? Or was she bludgeoned to death? Was she stabbed? Was she raped?
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah. Sure, sure for that that little bit of closure.
Speaker 1: I guess Psychologically speaking, there's you know, you never give up, right, But you also have to Yeah.
Speaker 3: You got to move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to normalize them not being around, right.
Speaker 3: Because you still have a life to live, you still have bills to pay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you got to move on.
Speaker 1: I've never enjoyed that phrase when you're talking about somebody dying, But you do have to normalize them not being around, right, instead of acting like they're not. They're gonna come back or your life is now not existent because of right, you still have a life to live, You still have to go to work, you still have to pay your bills, or you don't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sometimes it's hard for people to move on. They get stuck until they get answers.
Speaker 2: That's the dumbest thing you've ever said. Well, I highly doubt that, sir.
Speaker 3: You must be a new listener.
Speaker 2: And also, which thing right you've done?
Speaker 3: Already? Forgot?
Speaker 2: I've said a lot of dumb things in life ten minutes.
Speaker 1: So, uh, since we're on the topic, if you get on the rabbit hole of the Idaho for murders, that's.
Speaker 2: Not the Brian Kromberg thing, is it?
Speaker 3: I think Sue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Sue. He wants to withdraw his plea. I didn't know that. I don't know if you can do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that works.
Speaker 1: I've never been accused of murdering anybody before or on trial for it. Yeah, I don't know if you can withdraw. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. I'm not leading guilty anymore. I was just kidding, what do I get out of here? No, that wasn't me, you crazy judge.
Speaker 3: They forced me to plea that way, I was under duress.
Speaker 2: So you said you were you were guilty?
Speaker 1: No me, no, No, it's probably my evil twin with the short arm on the other side. I thought he said he didn't he wanted to plead guilty to not put the family through it again.
Speaker 2: I thought that's what he he said.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, I don't know. I haven't really kept up with this.
Speaker 1: But if you're trying to go for the I'm crazy. Hell yeah, change your turn every five minutes away.
Speaker 9: We all knew that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you got to remove the whole. Obviously, anybody who's killing somebody like that is crazy. But if you're trying to plead that in a court, flip flop a lot, or take peanut butter with you.
Speaker 9: Why would you want to face the trial.
Speaker 1: Maybe he feels like there's evidence that shows he didn't do it. Maybe he didn't do it. I don't know, right, it's entirely pottent entirely possible he didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he didn't do.
Speaker 1: It, But it's entirely possible that there's new evidence or there's things out there that show he didn't.
Speaker 2: Right, what's the have you watched DTF Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: No, that's on HBO, right, Yes, yeah, I don't recommend it, but really I that such high hopes.
Speaker 2: I mean, go ahead, go down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: But the thing that is interesting about it is the main character, one of the main characters, gets in trouble for murder murdering his friend, and he sits in jail and doesn't say anything, eludes he's not going to say anything, says he's not going to say anything, and they're like it's you, Like we got you, it's you. And even his lawyer is like, you gotta tell if you didn't do it, you've got to start telling him. And he's like, I'm not going to embarrass my friend.
Speaker 2: Justice will work out.
Speaker 1: And the friend's like, no, it won't. Plenty of innocent people go to jail all the time, So what I'm getting at, it's entirely possible. This guy is like, it'll work out, right, and now it's not working out, and he's like, hey, whoa, whoa, whoa. Now I don't believe that. I think he killed these kids. Yeah, but it is possible. Plenty of of of innocent people get convicted of crimes all the time. Right, go to jail for a long time. All Right, we gotta take a break.
Speaker 3: We'll be back.
Speaker 4: Morning Show returns next.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I was gonna ask you, because I saw Saving Private Ryan was on yesterday?
Speaker 1: What is the best World War two movie is? Because I think Saving Private Ryan might be the best World War two movie. Now, keep in mind, it can be a movie that doesn't necessarily have gunfighting or battles in it, like Shindler's List for example, right, or or.
Speaker 2: What's the Beautiful Day?
Speaker 3: What is it with the kid? What's his name?
Speaker 2: And the kid and he stands on I'll have to look it up. I don't remember it.
Speaker 3: That Christmas movie Schindler's List.
Speaker 2: Nope, just said Schindler's List.
Speaker 9: The Pianist.
Speaker 2: No, that's a great movie with Aidan Brody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, Adrian Brody.
Speaker 9: I don't know which one.
Speaker 2: Your Life is beautiful? Oh it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Uh uh?
Speaker 2: Inglorious bastards not a true World War two.
Speaker 3: Movie still set in that time, though?
Speaker 2: Are we even sure that those things existed? Not that that matters.
Speaker 8: I mean, Dunkirk was decent, but I agree I think Saving Private Ryan was better.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of them here, that I have never seen.
Speaker 8: Wasn't Brad Pitton Fury? Yes, that one wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: It's got Inglorious Bastards listed as a World War two movie.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm going with a Glorious Bastards. That's a damn good movie.
Speaker 1: It is a good movie. The acting in it is top tier. So I'll name some of them, will just evaluate them. Okay, Okay, we already talked about Saving Private Ryan. If you don't cry during that movie, you're broken, right, Patton, great movie from the seventies. Yeah, it's fine. George Scott is a killer in it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: But Schindler's List again a wild movie. Never seen that movie, dude, It's crazy. I's been around for a long time.
Speaker 3: I just never it's never tickled my fancy to.
Speaker 8: Go the other sad one. Yeah, I mean it's another one that you would cry too.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if everybody cries that that end scene where they stacked the rocks, that gets me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Longest Day came out in nineteen sixty two. I don't think I've ever seen that one. The Great Escape Nope captures the Daring Escape by British Commonwealth POWs from a German camp during World War Two.
Speaker 2: Steve McQueen, James Garner, Richard Ottenborough.
Speaker 3: Casablanca's Listed. I know, I don't think that's a great World War two movie. Great movie either, it's just good.
Speaker 1: A Bridge too Far, Bridge of the River Qui dost Boot nineteen eighty two, German war film puts viewers inside the submarine during one of World War two's most intense and dangerous clashes in the Battle of the Atlantic.
Speaker 7: Fun the Thin Red Line, Oh my gosh, awesome this lineup Man, Sean Penn, Adrian Brody, Ben Chaplin, George Clooney, John Cusack, Woody Harrelson, Nick Nolty, John c Yeah, and John Travolta.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think I've ever seen this movie.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to check it out.
Speaker 1: Terrence Malick movie Man, Okay, Terrence Mallock movies are always fantastic, Uh, Tori Torah, Midway, twelve o'clock High, Enemy of the Gates, Dirty Dozen, Dirty Dozen is good, Okay. Letters of Him Magea, Memphis Bell. That's fun. It's not what you think in a typical World War two movie, but it's good. Fury is on here. Of course Battle of Britain. There's so many I haven't seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of them I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: In Harm's Way to Helen Back, Flag of Our Father's Darkest Hour, Gary oldman who plays Churchill, Winston Churchill, that's amazing. Okay, to answer your question, you're probably right. Saving Private Ryan probably is. World War two is probably one of these things that I feel like I've learned about all my life in some capacity, right, And the number of things I keep learning is bizarre, Like, listen to this. I just learned this one recently. There was a Spanish man who wanted to work for five. So he went to I five and was like, I want to be a spy for you, and they're like, get bent yo.
Speaker 2: He didn't give up, went back said I want to be a spy.
Speaker 1: Let me be a spy. They're like, no, go away. He keeps doing this a couple more times, they keep denying him. He then decides to go to the five equivalent to what the Germans have, ok. And it's like, let me be a spy. I've talked to them like he tricked them into and so they're like this is a good idea. So he did, and then he went back to England and was like, they trusted me to be a spy, but I want to be a spy for you, and they're like, we see an opportunity here, so they intentionally. He was so good of a spy that he tricked the Germans into believing something got destroyed, that he helped target and tell them where it was at and they made like blankets to go over with printing to make it look like the building got destroyed. That they gave him the highest honor in German Nazi for being a good steward, right, And he also got an award from England for being a good steward right wild that's not the best part. He became such a trusted ally to the Germans that it was because of him the reason we were able to storm the beaches in Normandy, because he got the Germans to believe that we were going to go somewhere, we were going to land somewhere else, all because of this guy who I don't even I don't remember his name.
Speaker 2: Isn't that insane?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it's a crazy, crazy story and it's not done.
Speaker 1: And so he does this and he goes, I'm done, decides he's gonna be done being a spy, just enjoying life, gets killed.
Speaker 2: I forget where it was, but he gets killed, and then come to find out years later, he walks into a bar with some other former spies for MI I five and he's like, eh, I just didn't want people to know where I was.
Speaker 3: Wow. And he knew nothing about being a spy.
Speaker 2: He just persist in afright right, smart guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, And just the sheer number of things you continue to learn.
Speaker 2: About World War two.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just mind bending, man, completely mine bending. Winston Churchill, he would they have a bunker that you can go and visit where he would live during the bombings to coordinate and be in charge. And now you can go visit it, and it's not awesome. And so they do all these things.
Speaker 3: The war over.
Speaker 1: They just abandoned it for like forty years or some crazy number. Yeah, and they leave everything down there. And then they, you know, like, we should make this a museum. People will pay twenty five dollars to get in or whatever, and you know they do, and they do, and they do just a wild, wild story World War two.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I never get tired of learning those stories and I don't know who I'll make a bold stay. I don't know if our country's up for something like that. Again, probably not.
Speaker 3: Although history does tend to repeat itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so well, history repeating itself and people stepping up the same way, that's a difference.
Speaker 3: Sty Oh no, I don't think that we're going to step up quite the way we did.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't need to do one.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't need to It wasn't well, bombs and drones, okay, right, you don't need a bunch of eighteen year olds giving them planes and telling them to fly for twelve hours straight and drop bombs.
Speaker 3: Is the Selective Service still a thing?
Speaker 7: I was wondering about that the other day, like things you got to do when you turn eighteen or whatever, because there I never registered to vote and I will never register to vote, but you have to sign up for the Selective Service in case you're drafted or whatever.
Speaker 3: And I was say, is that still a thing? Are kids at eighteen?
Speaker 1: Or at least it is still a thing? Okay, there's no active military draft, but you still get just the strace you never know, hey, man got to be at the ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, And how.
Speaker 9: Does that work. You turn eighteen, and then.
Speaker 3: Your name goes in a hat and they see you're coming with me, sir, you're enlisted.
Speaker 1: I kind of I think they should change it to everybody who turns eighteen should voluntarily not voluntary, they should be forced to serve two years.
Speaker 7: Kind of like the way Israel is yep, yep, Israeli Army or air Force or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of countries actually they do that. They're like, you have to serve a couple of years mandatory.
Speaker 1: Was it doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna fire a weapon, doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna be in theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: South Korea is like that too. I learned that from when I was uber driving. I picked up this Korean kid and he's going to school out at Spartan and h and he's like, I just got back in from home South Korea, where I had to serve military because you know, you have to do it whether you like it or not.
Speaker 3: I was like, Oh, that's cool, I guess.
Speaker 9: And then what do they get for serving two years?
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Yeah, you get to live. Yeah, like that's the price of admission.
Speaker 3: I guess. I don't know. I didn't ask. I didn't ask.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with it, and I think even for people, and I'm just gonna use Gimbia an example, who have some situation going on that might impede them from going to an actual conflict, right, I think there's still a place for stuff to do.
Speaker 2: We're back up for the backups, back up.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You'd be fully capable of working on a tank, for sure, you'd be fully capable of you know, logistics, right.
Speaker 7: Doing administrative work, yes, yep, yep. But they still wouldn't let me in even though I could do all that stuff. Yeah, you can't do.
Speaker 3: A pull up?
Speaker 9: So did you want to?
Speaker 7: I would have done it. My parents both were Air Force, and my grandpa was. He fought in the Korean War and the army. He was a clerk.
Speaker 3: Whatever, so I guess he really didn't fight, but he was there, So yeah, I would have. But they wouldn't let me in. So I was like, all right, cool, I ain't gonna worry about it.
Speaker 7: While y'all's off of war, I'll be back here banging your bitches.
Speaker 1: No, there was no bitch banging happ uh. These are strange facts about World War Two.
Speaker 2: Okay, woshtech.
Speaker 1: The bear, a Syrian and brown bear, was adopted by the Polish Army, held an official rank as private and carried heavier artillery shells during the Battle of Monte Casino.
Speaker 3: That doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 7: Put those animals to use as workhorses, bear though, Yeah, okay, I mean, are there you know what other options do you have in a donkey a Russia?
Speaker 3: All right, there are a lot of donkeys in Russia.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like the bound bear feels a little hard to train and also also very intimidating. How do you get him to take the dress off?
Speaker 3: Get off of the tricycle. We need you to carry these munitions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that scared the shit out of me if I saw I was walking down a trail and saw a bear with you know, carrying ammunition.
Speaker 3: Eh. Okay, we're good, bro.
Speaker 1: First bomb on Berlin that was dropped by Allied forces didn't hit a military target.
Speaker 3: It hit an elephant in the Berlin zoo. Oh damn it, this is a good one.
Speaker 1: The last surrender Japanese lieutenant was hitting in the Philippine jungle for twenty nine years He finally surrendered on March of nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 3: Wow. I wonder how he got caught.
Speaker 2: How they convinced him?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I think after that long I'd be like, okay, bro, you can go. There's gotta be a movie about that, right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: German submarine U twelve oh six sank in nineteen forty five because the captain tried to operate the advanced high pressure marine toilet incorrectly, causing water to flood the boat and leak onto the batteries.
Speaker 3: Oh god, man in charge sank the ship.
Speaker 1: The US military tested a weapon consisting of thousands of tiny timed incendiary bombs strapped to hibernating bats, released from airplanes over enemy cities.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Because of wartime trade and bargo. Oh, this is a great one.
Speaker 1: Because of wartime trade embargoes, they cut off Coca cola syrup shipments to Germany, and so that's when we started getting fonta.
Speaker 3: Right, made by Nazis for Nazis. Yeah, and now we drink it up.
Speaker 2: Don't you want some fun da funda some fun delicious?
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 9: It tastes like sunkissed.
Speaker 2: It tastes like syrup. With carbonation aring, nothing special about it.
Speaker 1: I've never been a big fan fan strawberry orange, none of them.
Speaker 2: Uh, I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: About World War Two, an astonishing number of soldiers died during pilot training.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I knew.
Speaker 1: There was a massive rush to train pilots like they were getting like a few weeks. Fifteen thousand deaths occurred during pilot training, and they were mostly due to pilot, air or mechanical failure. It was such a problem that the B twenty four bomber was also known as the most dangerous plane in the war, receiving the nickname the Flying Coffin. To put this in perspective, around fifty two thousand American flight crew members died during World War Two, meaning almost thirty percent died during training.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Some more bizarre weapons.
Speaker 1: One of the most ambitious projects was a V three cannon, a gigantic machine that could hurl projectiles from Germany across the sea into England. Instead of using rockets like the V two or V three, would be a stationary canon that would shoot projectiles at distances of up to one hundred miles across the sea from mainland Europe to the United Kingdom. The canon was never completed during so the bombing runs destroying it, destroyed it before it could even be put into use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the drops on this thing is massive. Wow. Uh.
Speaker 2: Gandhi got involved.
Speaker 3: You're guy Gandhi. Okay.
Speaker 1: He was known as a peacemaker right he was committed to peace that he tried to write a letter to Hitler referring to him as a dear friend and pleading for him to stop the war. It's unclear whether or not the messages ever got to Hitler. Heinrich Himmler, which seems like the name of every German soldier ever in any story that was like Hitler's number two, wasn't It was one of Hitler's first supporters, becoming the head of the Schreztotzel Schutztoffel.
Speaker 9: That sounds like something you eat at October.
Speaker 1: Fe and eventually being put in the charge of the army group of Vistula, which is about five hundred thousand soldiers and they were assigned to protect Berlin. This task was so much for him that he required daily naps and massages and only worked a few hours a day.
Speaker 3: Lucky.
Speaker 1: Eventually they were overrun and he abandoned his post and he fled to a nearby spa.
Speaker 3: Of course, to deal.
Speaker 1: With this stress and negotiate the peace treaty, Germany was attacked by night witches. The Soviet Union had a regiment of female pilots who flew nighttime bombing raids against Germany to avoid detention that women would cut their engines before reaching their targets, and the sound of their planes gliding for attack made Germans think of the sound of broomsticks. As a result, they were nicknamed the night witchesh that's fun.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that, that's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: British Special Operations executive developed the rat bomb.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, strap little bombs and dire little rats to send them off.
Speaker 1: And a dead rat full of explosives was to be hidden in German coal bunkers and then hopefully disposed of in furnaces when discovered, which would trigger catastrophic boiler explosions. The first shipment of bombs was discovered by the Germans, who then wasted an enormous amount of time searching their coal supplies for more, like, well, how many are in there? Soviets had anti tank dogs. They trained dogs they would leave timer detonated bombs underneath vehicles and run away. These were later replaced with bombs that detonated on impact, killing the dogs in the process.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of animals and more.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah uh.
Speaker 1: The weirdest part of the war was the Battle of Castle Itter, which saw American gis fight side by side with rooms decked soldiers German soldiers that had teamed up against the attacking force of the waffran SS to defend an Austrian castle which held prisoners of war. The two included former French prime ministers, famous tennis player and General de Gaulle's sister.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Japan tried to launch over nine thousand high altitude incendiaria balloons against the United States with the intention of starting forest fires.
Speaker 2: None of the balloons reached.
Speaker 3: The States.
Speaker 2: Because the forests they landed in were too damp. Oh we know this. I don't know why we don't talk about this more because it's so cool. Native American languages were used to carry top secret messages. The US military was aided by Native Americans to translate messages into Navajo language during the Pacific Campaign. Navajo's an incredibly complex, obscure language. It was thought to be impossible to decipher by the Japanese, who had no knowledge it even existed.
Speaker 3: That smart.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, Brilliaint planned to attack I'm sorry. Britain planned to launch an attack on German livestock. The British thought about the idea of dropping linseed cakes laced with anthrax spores on German farms to kill the kennies, sheeps, pigs, and cattle. The mission was amusingly given the name Operation Vegetarian, but never came to fruition.
Speaker 3: That's pretty smart too.
Speaker 7: Attack their food supply, m you know, oh yeah, kill their animals they can't eat, they'll starve them out.
Speaker 1: Best war tactic is to frustrate your enemy, right, not necessarily attack them, but to frustrate them, right. And if they don't have food, then they can't focus on the real thing.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: The Nazis wanted to launch a giant mirror into space. The Sun Gun would have directed the Sun's raves onto enemy cities, reducing them to ash. It was soon dismissed as impossible with the technology available at the time.
Speaker 3: They wanted to.
Speaker 2: Build an aircraft carrier out of ice.
Speaker 1: Project Habakuk was a British plan to build a gigantic aircraft carrier from an extremely sturdy mixture of ice and wood pulp. The carrier would have been used against U boats in the mid Atlantic, but the plane plan was scrapped due to rising costs to the development of long range aircraft and better escorts for the Atlantic convoys. Yeah, plants better choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that aircraft carrier wouldn't melt over time. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: The United States had a ghost Army Mayre, about eleven hundred men whose sole job was misleading the Germans about the location and size of Allied forces. They carried out more than twenty deceptions during the war, including filing fields, filling fields with inflatable tanks and planes, and creating fake radio transmissions. Right, what you do during the war? I blew things up really like with bombs, A kind.
Speaker 3: Of with these lips.
Speaker 1: There was an operation called Operation Cornflakes Gross, the British operation that dropped mail bags full of fake letters addressed to real people near bombed mail trains. The mail was picked up by the Germans postal service and delivered to people's homes. It was full of depressing, downbeat content that was meant to lower civilian morale.
Speaker 2: Get them all the press propaganda. Yeah uh.
Speaker 3: One of Churchill's plans remained a secret for over fifty years. At the end of the war, Churchill ordered a plan to be drawn up called Operation Unthinkable. The plan looked at the feasibility of launching a surprise attack on Soviet forces stationed in Germany. It was considered so sensitive that its existing existence was not revealed until nineteen ninety eight. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they wouldn't go over well, they were considered allies for a while, not then, you know, because then afterwards it wasn't them. They were like, they're the enemy.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: World War two man, great stuff, that beginning part of saving Private Ryan. But the old man's looking for the grave, right, He's like, especially if you've seen the movie, and you know, if you haven't seen the movie, you're like, oh, okay.
Speaker 9: That definitely has to be the best one.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree. I can't think of another one.
Speaker 8: We didn't mention the Diary of Anne Frank, but that is more so about her life.
Speaker 2: It's about World War two.
Speaker 8: Yeah, also a good one, but not as good as Saving Private Ryan.
Speaker 3: No, it's on paramount plus and Pluto.
Speaker 1: You know, the conspiracy about diary of Ann Frank Ryan. No, people believe that there's no forensic proof that it was hers and that it's all made up, just slapped your name on it.
Speaker 2: It's just a good and feel good story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There have been forensic testing though, the Netherlands Forensic Institute improved that the handwriting across the notebooks and loose sheets entirely matches Anne Frank's authentic script. How they got ahold of a thirteen year old's writing before the diary, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Maybe old ladders.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything was kind of destroyed.
Speaker 1: Laboratory examinations of the paper, glue and ink confirmed they matched the exact time period, disproving forgery, eyewitness alignment. The timeline of hiding in the secret annex, the daily struggles of the eventual betrayal match historical records and the testimony of the Soul family survival survivor Otto Frank Bennam. Yeah, helper mee up Geese rescue the original papers from the annex after the red and safely handed them over to Auto, preserving an unbroken chain of custody.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's Auto's fault.
Speaker 2: I forget who the tattle tailor was, who tattled on Anne, Frank.
Speaker 3: Or Buddy.
Speaker 1: No definitive proof exists, but a twenty twenty two cold case investigation suggested that Judish Jewish notary named Arnold Vandenberg may have given up the hiding spot to save his own family.
Speaker 2: You don't say you're safe with me unless they threaten me. They're upstairs, right, I wonder how much quickly he turned over.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure it wasn't that long at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't blame him if it comes down to.
Speaker 3: Me and my family and the family that I'm hiding up in my attic. Sorry, guys, you all got to go.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna have a conversation. I'm just telling them. Yeah, wow, yeah, fun World War two stuff.
Speaker 3: Didn't have that on my radar. Today. You'll learn some things today. See, right, are we entertaining? We're educational?
Speaker 2: I don't even know if we. I think this might be the first morning dumb that doesn't include sex and barely very little, if any profanity.
Speaker 3: Well, buck, there you go.
Speaker 2: You guys have a fantastic week.
Speaker 3: Se uh h