Speaker 1: This is the in This League Fantasy Podcast network, in This League Fantasy Baseball podcast online at in this League dot com. Now here's your host, Bogman and the Welsh.
Speaker 2: What's up friend as to welcome into the in This League Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 3: It is April eighteenth. We got a whole week ahead. It is not April eighteenth.
Speaker 2: It is May eighteenth, Boman, May eighteenth, almost June, almost halfway through the freaking year.
Speaker 3: It's Bogman, It's Welsh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be talking about the injuries, the news, who has been hot the last week, and what discussions can we have around said players, both hitting and both pitching, and a little bit of closing action. We got it all for you on a brand new short week, Boggs. Because I will be going.
Speaker 3: To a Revolas Vegas. Yeah, I'm gonna have any fun of it. I was gonna say, it's gonna be great. Right, You're gonna go, You're gonna see the show, is, You're gonna eat a bunch of great food. It's definitely not there to go and spend thirty five of you thirty six hours in a hotel doing dance competitions. Right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking, could I do a twenty four hour live stream just to help fund this trip that I'm gonna do, or Yeah, and here's what the funny thing would be.
Speaker 3: The twenty four hour ass is charged up.
Speaker 2: Well, the twenty four hours I could do as a live Well, I was like, if I did a live stream before we went to Vegas, that would be the fun I would have staying up for twenty four hours with all the crazy people talking baseball, doing goofy stuff. Miserable is going to be hauling bags and dance competition stuff, and just in so you could go to.
Speaker 3: The Aies new stadium and take a picture of the construction.
Speaker 2: Someone actually was like, you should go and do like a triple A game. But it's like we're staying like it's like off strip. Of course, this competition isn't even like on strip, so it's gonna be off strip.
Speaker 3: It's it's may. It's gonna be like one hundred degrees. I have to drive there.
Speaker 4: It's a go to be measurable Reva Reva Las Vegas, and that's what.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be. It's gonna be the worst time in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like trying to explain to my kids too, because they're like, Oh, it's gonna be cool.
Speaker 3: Vegas isn't made for you. Vegas is built for adults. So you're going on them like your PCA.
Speaker 2: No no, yeah, I didn't definitely to do that, but there's people on the streets in Vegas that are screaming PCA stuff. That's the whole point. It's not Vegas is built for adults. So then you're gonna take adults and kids to a place where adults can't adult. Like, it's not a good recipe, but that is what I've got later in the week, so a little bit earlier, next episode in store. That's the stuff and the things prepping you out good to be here. Baseball this Week is available on Patreon right now, so you can check out the sheet. I actually had to make a change before I hit published because of cold Emerson getting called up. What you talk about fifteen prospects close to the call up. We took five off of the last sheet, so I think I got a good little pulse there, plus waivers two start pitchers. I've also got We're within the last week updated of the top five hundred prospects, Top four hundred, Dynasty all the stuff and things are there.
Speaker 3: Plus we've got the group me rooms where you can come and hang out.
Speaker 2: All the stuff and things are so much fun, and I think I'll do it on the next episode. I got a little surprise I'll share with some people that is gonna be some fun stuff. So be on the lookout for that. Patreon people will know ahead of time and kind of be at the forefront of it. So in this league dot com, sign up in this league dot com, in this league dot com, in this league dot com, please love us. That is the only way that I know that I'm loved. Otherwise I'm sad.
Speaker 3: You know I love you. Wesh, thank you, Thank you very much, appreciate that. All right, baseball stuff. Let's talk about baseball stuff. Let's talk about PCA. No, I love you, I said, didn't say I love you.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I've said I love you way more times than you've said it to me, because I've done it on accident.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'm getting off the on all right, love you bye, alright, let me bye. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Facts, absolute facts. I asked Joe this and he definitely got the answer wrong. But I said, if I were to tell you, there's a baseball player that yelled.
Speaker 3: At fans and told them to s and d. Uh. Who would that player be?
Speaker 2: He saidca, I said, no, that's who did do it. The only correct answer in ten out of ten people would have said Jared Duran, Like Jared durand one hundred percent would be the player that would do that. That was not the case. That was Pete k Armstrong decided to chop it up.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: He said, like, oh, yeah, some lady was talking some mess so I thought I would give it back.
Speaker 3: But you also told her to s your d so uh.
Speaker 2: That's probably gonna get a little bit of a discussion going on around the sport.
Speaker 3: True, But let me say this, I think he would have said the same to either gender.
Speaker 2: To be you know what, maybe, but he told this.
Speaker 3: Does matter because he said it to a woman. Yeah, I'm saying that, but but I'm saying I bet he probably would have said it to either gender.
Speaker 2: That's all either way, funny, but it holds a little bit more weight in that discussion. But like also, I think I'm just completely detached. It's never something I've gotten into now. To be fair, I have yelled to players before, but I think I've always done it. Okay, maybe one wasn't funny. I don't remember what I used to do to Will Myers, but Will Myers was remember Will Myers was like.
Speaker 3: A dick to people. Oh yeah, but that was that was fun because we would wait for him to refuse nautograph and then we he boo the holy ass out of her. Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: The only other one I ever really well, I did sing u tshota or shoga akaiyama, shogo akiyama.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I did do that one time. But the only other one was yelling at crap, his name just escape me. Who's the dude who was friends with Tory Lane, Mike Napolines Mike Napoli And it wasn't Tory Lane.
Speaker 3: It was oh yeah, yeah, yeah, b b b b bb Joe, not bbe Jones. That was a Rob Gronkowski thing. That's right, Actress. I don't want to do a search because that's good.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's a Tory Lane liked person.
Speaker 3: No, you're doing like the biggest film actresses like this was not it's not James.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I know you could go down the list.
Speaker 2: I'm just guise you haven't said her name, but he was very good friends with this adult actress, and it was kind of well, uh.
Speaker 3: Rachel, Rachel Starr, you got we got there. Rachel Starr was the one, by the way, I was about to google no googling. I couldn't remember the first name.
Speaker 2: I was thinking it was a t but Rachel Starr and I would scream Rachel Starr at him and try to get him to turn around. And I did do that in two different occasions. What I'm getting at, though, is I don't I think I've I've completely missed the like I'm gonna scream horrible. I don't think screaming Rachel started Mike Napoli was anything bad. I don't think booing Will Myers when he was being addicted to somebody was bad. I don't think singing show Go Akiyama was bad. But screaming and the stuff that people are saying to these players to make them have these reactions, I just don't blame Pete Crown. I don't blame any player for having these vitriol reactions to people that are saying awful stuff to them. But I also don't know what the chick said.
Speaker 3: I don't know what she said to him. I think for the most part, you're a professionally, you paid a lot. You should be able to keep your cool. I do think that there are lines or probably you know you've heard it all game and you're sick of it.
Speaker 2: But you need to keep your cool when someone is like screaming, like like you know, the whole like.
Speaker 3: Journal, if it's horrible, then answer back, like you're still people, right, that's the thing. If they're saying something horrible, then you're gonna hear them answer back. But if it's giving you a hard time, like the guy that was giving Haleo Ramos a hard time for oh for three Halio three strikeouts, and Halio like did the the fake ball throw at him? I think that's pretty funny. Actually, I think I think you think it was funny. But should he have done it? I mean, you know, it's actually funny about this.
Speaker 2: It's actually similar to what you and I were talking about off air about the troll people online.
Speaker 3: There are like exactly, there are troll people.
Speaker 2: Online that do stuff that like the context of how they're doing it, they have no self awareness, but then when you call them out, they're just like, oh, like because I had one. It was like a whole thing with like the fantasy spost put a videot about Boba schet. They didn't really give it context, and this guy was like garbage take. And then I was just like, oh yeah, super garbage take, and I printed out, like, I did a screenshot where I snapped back at him because he was like, Boba SHOT's gonna have like amazing no no, But I said, oh, you're probably right.
Speaker 3: He is going to have big counting stats. And I did a screen.
Speaker 2: I was super sarcastic and snarky about it, and then the guy responded back kind of being like, you know, hey, by the way, this is just like my opinion, and.
Speaker 3: I like what you guys do and I and I was just like yeah, but I was like, hey, I hope you're right.
Speaker 2: But also at the same time, I didn't dig in to be like, Okay, that's fine that you're gonna say that, but you also were like kind of a dick by being like, you know, crappy take. But to me, that whole interaction, it's similar to the guy being like, hey, you're zero for three and then Hellia Ramo's faking.
Speaker 3: The ball, like that's that's a baseball.
Speaker 2: Real life version of that interaction. The problem is is there are way more of the woman reaction or the people with Jared. I'm not saying the one thing Jared Duran said was good, but the other one where they're like, hey, if you know, off yourself whatever, like there are people that do that, and then they kind of claim, oh, I'm just trolling. That's the same all those people do the awful things. You're like, oh, I'm just like chopping it up, blah blah blah, and then you get you've pushed a player beyond or you know, like like when we'll have our little meltdowns of someone doing that type of stuff, it's it's kind of in the same vein.
Speaker 3: F around as much as you want, but eventually you'll find I think that's basically what as the kids would say, is basically what it is. It's like, look, you can say whatever you want. No one's gonna take that away from you. That's you know, that's what the country was founded on. But you can't be surprised when people have a reaction. That's the thing is like you get to say whatever you want, you don't get to control other people's reactions to it. That's that's the whole thing. That's you know, uh is you can say whatever you want, but people are gonna feel a certain way about it, and you know, you don't have to respect that either. But it's the old get to say whatever they want. It's the old radio call in thing.
Speaker 2: Like I I do not connect with the type of person that calls into a radio station and is weird. I don't connect with people and YouTube comments that are horrible to somebody. I also don't connect with someone who says something essie and then backtracks that are being like.
Speaker 3: Oh well I was just blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, do you clearly said something that's not me.
Speaker 3: I don't do that to people.
Speaker 2: I don't think like that, And I don't also think that I'm in the okay, and that same type all the same person that does the kind of either a horrible or trolley fun comment. They're the same type of person that yells at a stadium and yells at players and stuff. So I mean, I guess I fall into a little token where I'm I'm you know, screaming Rachel Starr at Mike Napoli back in the day, but also I think like I'm literally not saying anything mean, like I'm having fun. I get the Will Myers one is the hypocrite one. We do boo at him when he did that, so but I feel like that's more in the line of like people that come in and leading off and play along with the jokes. They're not like, you know, oh your garbage, you know, like and then they're like, oh, but I'm just joking. I like what you do, and it's like, no, go piss off and never listen to anything.
Speaker 3: I have come down to your work and knock that you know, what's out of your mouth. Shut the hell up. I guess I know.
Speaker 2: So this is funny because we spend a lot of time talking about this stuff. Off area had nothing to do with the peak Crow thing, but it's kind of the same thing. I mean, the same thing, and we just yapped about it. He's just not going to really get away with it. Like unfortunately that was a pretty aggressive thing and it was on video, so you know, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to do the weepee public apology and you know all that crap. So maybe I don't know, or go go to Mexico and play on Trevor Bower's team. He's actually in Long Island right now. Yeah, that entry out there.
Speaker 2: He's playing with the Long Island Ducks. It's an independent baseball team.
Speaker 3: He actually sounds like he's exactly where he belongs. He threw he threw a no hitter the other day. Oh my god, he did. I mean, you know what I did in MLB the show. It was kind of on rookie mode though.
Speaker 2: It was like throwing a no hitter on rookie because then somebody showed it was like this, like sixth The guy on the other side of the mound was some like fifty year old electrician who was playing like competitive, but.
Speaker 3: Like this is the guy he went up against. Yeah, this game with I gotta do sheet walk and electrical to McDonald's up there.
Speaker 2: There are some former players that are playing on that team, but it.
Speaker 3: Is it is a it's a bit given.
Speaker 2: But they're all like fifty right, like no no, like form like former players, like you don't remember what's him? Like Wolford Demo, d I m O music a national Like I think he's on that team.
Speaker 3: Wilmer Dafoe, Dafoe. Yeah, that's that's what it is. Not Willem Dafoe, but those guys.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not trying to defend it or anything like that, but he is playing independent ball. He did throw no hitter and then he had like fourteen strikeouts.
Speaker 3: But I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think I think this league is quite a step down from him playing like in Japan.
Speaker 3: You know what he's doing. Yeah, yeah, exactly. I think the Long Island rubber Ducks or whatever way worse than the Japanese.
Speaker 2: What an open we're doing right now talking about Trevor Bauer and Pete car Armstrong with the lady and hey, we got a fun one. All right, let's talk about some baseball stuff. I love that you put this together because this is hilarious. How about a versus Fernando Tatis versus Kyle Schwarber. Kyle Schwarber twenty homers is twenty homers this year with a pretty bad batting average, by the way, but absolutely going ridiculous to Fernando Tatis, who is now, like I think, one of the only regular players ish right without a homer. Tim and Chandler Simpson, I bet you if you win and look on a perfect qualified I'm gonna go look but he's be if you look at qualified, he's the only player without a home But you know what's funny that same thing you're putting up here, did you know that Tatis and Schwarber are within like a mile per hour on their average exit velocity of the hardest hit balls.
Speaker 3: Like that's the thing that we can't get over with Tatis right now goes in the air, one goes in the ground. As much of a disaster as it is.
Speaker 2: He's got a ninety one point nine overall exit velocity is maxib is one thirteen.
Speaker 3: I wish I could see. I think we did this. I have the qualified players that have enough at bats. There's one hundred and seventy three five with zero home runs. You know, two of them Simpson and Tatis. It's not a rise anymore. No, I believe. I believe we did this a couple of weeks ago. No, we did do it.
Speaker 2: And there were like five five guys your favorite restaurant amount. But I don't remember what the wh I.
Speaker 3: Don't have eight six dollars to pay for burgers on five guys that much. Uh Rangifo, Nasimnuniaz and Nickenzals are the other.
Speaker 2: Three one thing, by the way, I wish Baseball Savant would change.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. If they have it, why can they not put EV fifty or EV ninety would be great? Which is the average?
Speaker 2: You know, the top fifty nine, the top fifty. If you do EV fifty, it's the top fifty percent tele of hardest hit balls.
Speaker 3: What that averages?
Speaker 2: Why cannot not be on the Baseball Savant page?
Speaker 3: Why do I have to go search for it? I did go and find it. Fernando Tatis Bogs.
Speaker 2: Has a higher EV fifty than Kyle Schwarber.
Speaker 3: What's his launch angle? It's garbage, that's the problem. It's the worst.
Speaker 2: It's Fernando Tatis is the worst. He has like a two degree launch angle. He can't get the ball in the air.
Speaker 3: But for perspective, real quick.
Speaker 2: The best EV fifty in baseball right now is James Wood at one oh seven point four. So that is the average X velocity of the top fifty hardest hit balls, fifty percent of his hardest hit balls. Oneil Cruz is one oh seven point one. Fernanda tis Rinks thirteenth overall in baseball, ahead of Junior Cameronaro, ahead of Kyle Schwarber, ahead of Mike Trout, ahead of Shaneleanngaliers. He has it is crazy. He is smashing the ball hard, which is, by the way, why there's kind of a really hardcore aggressive like buy on him. Joe told me he looked on CBS. The number one most traded player on CBS right now is Fernando Tatis. And I think the people that might be buying in on him are the smart ones because there's so much about his metrics. His barrel rate is better than last year's hard hit rate is better than last year. His max EV is better than last year. He's a two degree launch. He's striking out a little bit more a two degree launch. I go, and he cannot pull the ball.
Speaker 3: But the problem dubs in your max EV leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the problem is that it's in the swing and there's a lot of people that are worried. It is the approach, like the pull and the launch angle is a obviously it's a negative, but it is a symptom of a problem in his swing.
Speaker 3: Two and sixty six batters on Baseball Savann, Fernando Tatis is twenty sixth in air percentage or twenty six worst worst. Yeah, I think it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like he can't get so like you can look and you can be like, well, he's not pulling the air because he's not getting the ball in the air. If he could just get the ball in the air, that's an easy fix because everything else is good. But then there's also this element to say that this is the symptom of a mechanical issue in his swing that he has not gotten fixed, and can he fix it in season? And that's like the big question. I tend to think, like I would buy on him because he's so low, but it is so hysterically ridiculous that it is like it is it's actually almost asinine what he's doing and how bad it is. But at the same time, dude has a better you know, ev fifty than Kyle Schwarber, who is like twenty homers in and looks like he's facing out to have a sixty home run season. It's just like, it's a weird, weird baseball world right now. Would you buy would you want to buy Bernando Tatis Junior at let's call it eighty five to ninety percent of his costs or would you want to get out of the tatist business because you don't think he's.
Speaker 3: I'm not paying I'm not paying eighty five or ninety percent, right, because this is a top twenty player going into the years. So what you have to trade a top thirty five forty player.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's say like you got to trade like it's you have to trade Jordan Walker and like a little pitchy piece, I'm keeping Walker, Okay, So then you're out of the tatist business.
Speaker 3: I am yeah, zero homers, no, thank you. I'm just not doing it. That plus his uh, his injury history. I've just I don't know, I get it. I understand that he is a bye, but I'm not I'm buying low. I'm not that buying high. It has to be seventy five cents on the dollar, ninety can't do it. Trying to figure out, like then who is that? Like, like, I'm not trading Jordan Walker's white hot. I don't think you can trade Jordan Walker straight up. You wouldn't do that trade. I I don't think I would actually had the CBS thing up that I've been interesting to see what the what the TATIS trades end up looking like maybe I could really quickly. If you want to talk for a second, I'll look in see if I could find that fantasy pressure port. But we're trying to look at someone because he is, like I could tell Martes struggling, so like it maybe could tell Marte and something smaller, Uh, you know, for Tatis. Maybe that like I just I don't think I could trade. I could trade a struggling player, You trade Tatis. I think that's a fair deal based on both of them sucking right now. But that's what you would do. No, I think it's fair. What what I'm saying is is that I'm not paying ninety percent of real value that's playing well right now if I can trade another low player that somebody else thinks is going to come back, or like even if it's if I am trading a hot player, it's a pitcher, right, so someone that's more likely to be injured than a position player, and not trading a hot position player that's holding value in winning me weeks or keeping me high in the standings to get a guy that's that low. Okay, so this happened.
Speaker 2: These were from sink Leagues on Fantasy Pros in last week. Tatis for Gunner straight up what side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's they're both struggling, So that's that's when I think that's fair. I think that's what you want. I think i'd rather have Tatis in that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tough one because Gunner's batting average is struggling, but he's got the counting stats. I think i'd want Gunner there, Tatis and mikeel Garcia for Gunner and Kutel.
Speaker 3: Marte Gunner Marte.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would do that too, and then Tatis and Y Savage from Michael Harris and Spencer.
Speaker 3: Streider tatising you Savage for Strider and who.
Speaker 2: It's Michael Harrison, Strider for Tatis and y Savage.
Speaker 3: I think that one's pretty fair. I think I want I think I want the Tatis side on that one. I think I want the tattoo side on that one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish you could have. I wish I had the Fantasy or the CBS one. That would be interesting to look.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just never gonna get right, it'll never sit right. But there's just a there's there's some ridiculous stuff in Tatis that I do look at it, and it's like, man, there is like there's one change, there's one thing, Like he's got to change that swing, so he's getting on top of it so you can get the ball in the air. But like, is that manageable? If it is manageable, everything else is in line with the player that we know.
Speaker 3: And then do you want Buckston er Tatis for the rest of the year. Buckston Smith's four days in a row, but he's not expected to go on the IL.
Speaker 2: That is a great question because Buckson also has put up some video game like numbers fifteen homers to start the year for stolen.
Speaker 3: Bases, three runs.
Speaker 2: See, I think this is a testament to the you were talking about with the like Walker hot player thing, like can you even get the production? Like is a lower side of Buxton still a better flash.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna take Tatis.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Okay, I know it's that you gotta work it out. I think I would trade Buckston to get Tatis in there. But that is a little bit of a leap of faith, that's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's the thing I feel like for Buckston. Maybe I would because you know me personally, Like I just feel like bucks it's gonna get hurt. Yeah, miss time, although he didn't last year, so he's definitely like on a better side for me than he was a couple of seasons ago. But that's a hard trade to do, specifically if like some of your other guys are struggling as well, and Buckston's a guy carrying your team, I think that's a difficult trade to do. But I'll trade trash for trash for no problem or someone that's way over performing. Like how about this Mark Comedy is hitting two thirty five from you know, May eighteenth on who has a better year? Tatis? Markami? Yeah, I mean I would go with Tatis on this one. That's what like that? I think I would too.
Speaker 2: That's a really fun trade because it's like the best versions of him might have already, like of of Markcomy might have happened. I think it is clear the best version of Tatis we have not seen yet this season.
Speaker 3: One more and then we can get off the Tatis man. Like we're kind of beating things to death today. But Randy rose Reina right now is hitting over three hundred. He's hitting three zero one, only four homers, but twelve swipes in thirty two runs. Guy is playing really well. It's the top uh thirty, He's thirty seventh ranked on Yahoo right now, Like, what are we doing there, Rose Raina or Tatis? Yeah, it's pretty easy tatis in most thought processes, but a Rose Raina is playing great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think I tak tatis there. But Rose rain also is one of the bigger like XBA differences. If I remember correctly, I think he's like Xba's around like two sixties. So they're again, Like my biggest thing is I do still feel like the best of Tatis is to come.
Speaker 3: It has to be because we haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, it kind of comes back to, well, I think we might you said we might mention this, but you know, I've I've had a lot of Bobashet this past week, from trashing him on a video and then having to like talk about it one of my biggest debate points for and maybe it'll just be wrong.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Bashett has just been like the best version of Bashett. It's still really not that good lately, Like maybe there's a verse. I don't want to dismiss that the best version of version of Bashet could be. He hits me fifty and he had lots of homers coming he starts stealing bases. The best version of Bashet for the last three or four years, it's just really not that good. Like he doesn't steal bases, he doesn't hit lots of homers. Maybe he could be a ninety ninety plus guy with a high batting average, and I think that's what we assume. But like, the best version of him, to me, isn't worth like having this heavy investment, and we're the best version of Tatis. It is a first round player.
Speaker 3: He's already stealing a bunch of bases.
Speaker 2: He does hit homers, he drives in a bunch of these guys Like I just like the best version of Tatus is not in question to what the best version of version of Bushett is. And I think I agree with that where they were drafted and stuff. But that's why I think we're thinking.
Speaker 3: About like Bashett, I think we're all chasing that twenty twenty one dragon right where he hit two ninety one or two ninety eight.
Speaker 2: He has everyone's chasing the pregnant season and never happened again. It's like the same thing I didn't mean I talked right over you.
Speaker 3: But no, no, but it's it's the same point. It's the exact same point, right is we're chasing that dragon, and it is one of those things where, look, we know he can do this, we've seen him do it, but we haven't seen him do it in half a decade. That was five seasons ago, So why are we still expecting that he's shown us for five straight years. He's not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: To be fair, he does have some of the higher like expected numbers in his favor, but I think it's been a pile. The team is a pile right now, And like I said, I just hold to it, like I just don't know if that the best version of what we could get out of Tatus is really going to be this like huge Like hey, you know, guys, I bought them, but and I traded away Tati. Not saying that that's the trade, but sure, I just don't know if it's especially in a ten man, it's just really not worth it.
Speaker 3: So all right, some other stuff out there.
Speaker 2: Spencer Raghedtty took a no hitter into the eighth, ended with five strikeouts seven to one third. He did walk a bunch with one hit. You big big Arraghedtty guy.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean the guy has just been pitching great recently. So, uh, I did ruin this for John because I think I sent him the imoji like oh, two batters before they hit came up. But uh, Raghetty's been great since coming off the il here, He's been real good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Named a huge three run differential between his expected and his actual era. He's expected Ari's four point eight nine this even after that no hitter with a.
Speaker 3: Really high walk rate. I think it's a tremendous time to sell on Spencer Arraghedtty. Tremendous time to selling him coming off a no hitter one five era. Look look on that can can you look up Arragedy on that trade thing. I just wonder if any single trades have been done with arraghetti I. He feels like he's so like to.
Speaker 2: Your point, I know you're going with him. Yeah, like because Joe did that. We had this whole big.
Speaker 3: Debate and he put it on a video.
Speaker 2: But he was like, Hey, I'm trading Otto Lopez and I'm just like, what are you gonna give anythink anything for him? I think he's just you're better getting the production from him on your team than trading him away in some underwhelming overall.
Speaker 3: But like I would also put like Davis Martin had another good start and he keeps stacking these great starts. His era is one six y one, his whip is under one. Like, what are you getting for these guys in trades? That's my question. I don't know, Like I I think, float them, sure, but don't be surprised when you get garbage offers. Same thing with Otto Lopez, anyone that was like below the top three hundred players in his way over performing. I feel like you just never get anything worth it. The search function in this thing that I'm in is just here one. It is just the biggest pilot garbage. Yeah, I mean this.
Speaker 2: I'm not even say this trade because this trade I just found it doesn't even make sense. It's like a five player trade or whatever. Yeah, I think it's a fair point you bring up, is what does Spencer Arrogatty get you. I do feel feel like pictures after six weeks hold better non going pictures hold better weight than non going hitters. And what I mean is like out Lopez kind of nobody. He's like leads a league in hits. He's got Homer's stolen bases. I still don't think people buy it. But a young pitcher with a one five v R, yeah, you know, through six starts, I think people are going to pay more attention to and I think you there's a better return rate from the picture than the hitters. So if I could, I would try to get out of the business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you at least float these guys when a major picture goes down, right, yeah, three Scooble goes down, go, you know, and uh and trade Chris Sale gets hurt, Paul Skins gets hurt. Go and try to trade them to that that manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think he's gonna come back down to Earth. Big call up new Colt Emerson was called up as the Mariners put Brendan Donovan on the aisle with a groin strain back on the aisle. I don't actually think it's like I obviously it is because of Brendan Donovan going down, But I think this is like Colt is set because this was said a little earlier on. There's a rumor going on that they were going to bring cold Emerson up when he was to come up as a third baseman and Donovan would move into a super utail role. Well guess what, I think this just activated that and that's where we're going to head it to. So when Donovan comes back, unless cold Emerson, if cold Emerson is just way over his head, I don't think he's going anywhere. But I also don't think he's super fantasy relevant. They put him at nine. You know, his homers and souln bases kind of popped up a little bit. He's more of a doubles hitter. I don't think he's going to steal aggressively. I don't think he's going to hit homers, especially in a suppressed ballpark. I just view him more at the bottom of the prospect rang But in a fifteen team league, I would be interested because if his contact rates do go up, you know, like he's he'll be worthwhile as in the middle infield the twelve team, if you want to speculate, I think that's cool.
Speaker 3: Ten team No go, just absolutely no go. That's my take on cold Emerson, euon Walshman way over him right, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I Mean, Colt's one of the youngest dudes out there, and I was talking with somebody who's kind of close to Colt in a way, and they were just like a little worried that they didn't like this move, that it was too soon because Colt is so young. You forget how young he is. My take has been like I think the Mariners have kind of slow like let him just get to every level and adjustin stuff, and I think they're ready to see it at the major league level. I'm just not sold it will be super fantasy relevant like cold Emerson, to be honest with you, to me as like a Bobaschett type of player, you know, like fifteen to fifteen guy could be a high batting average. I don't think he has tremendous power stolen bases, like you're hoping he's a bobashett type, but you know what bobaschet can be like, so that's kind of like the same. I don't think Colt has the contact skills right now because there's still too much of a strikeout problem.
Speaker 3: But that would be the stuff. Baby, he's going to turn twenty one and get his first beer during the sea in the bigs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's super young. It's crazy in the injury market. Blake Snell not hydrated my elbow. I don't even think he pitched in the majors, he got activated, and then they found loose bodies in his elbow.
Speaker 3: I think this is four to six weeks.
Speaker 2: But I think this is supposed to be the similar like Terrek scoubl timeline, Yeah, because I think he had the surgery, but Scoobles was more like six to eight. So I'm not really one hundred percent sure. But that is horrifically bad news. Like Blake Snell, stuff is just beyond.
Speaker 3: So are we, like, is this the final Scarlett letter? Blake Snell is now an injury prone player moving forward in his career until he proves he isn't. Yeah, I think he already kind of was. But the problem was too, but I'm over zealous in that.
Speaker 2: The problem was was like once Snell got adjusted, he could be one of those pictures in baseball. I'm not sure. I'm just not sure it's worth it. And by the way, I think you were reverse muted right now. Yeah, I know you're you're good right now because I saw you go for the mute button and then you in the mic went and then I saw you hit it again, so I thought you were going to be unmuted. Yeah, I think what this means for me, I don't need to be in the Blake Snow business.
Speaker 3: It's not worth it.
Speaker 2: Like he is just perpetually hurt, he's getting older. That upside of like how they perform Mike Crutch is, yes, if a guy is injury prone, but if they come out and they're the best picture in the world or hit her in the world, Like, I'm just gonna fall for them.
Speaker 3: Mike Trout, Jacob Decrom Blake Snow. We're at a point where it's just like, what's it, what's it worth? Dude?
Speaker 2: Like he's just he's dehydrated, Like he's just not gonna be good. He'eah there, he's good if he's there, but he's not there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you going to fall Seinfeld here? Yeah, man, I think it's just gonna be one of those things where if he's not ready going into the year, you just can't draft him. You know, if he finished his off this year after coming back from this and there's no issues, he goes through spring and he's fine, there's no issues, then fine, let's call him that. But he has to hit all those benchmarks after this injury to like trust him going into next year, and even then it's gonna be questionable. So yeah, I think it's probably just gonna be Blake Snell gets the hairy eyeball from everybody moving forward. Yeah, he kind of at this point has shown this is what he is.
Speaker 2: Also loose bodies. That's like the new thing this year, you know, was it like we get overlie.
Speaker 3: I like it better than TJ surgery. I'll take the loose bodies all the time. I think most people describe my body that way. It's loose. Is this going to be a precursor though? I mean, I hope it's not a precursor. Hopefully it's just something that they get done before that happens. So hopefully this is just like a new thing, and it's more like two months instead of a full year and a half. So fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I suppose Byron Buxton, as you mentioned, missed. Oh I'm sorry, Max Freed, I l with a bone bruise. He's gonna be shut down for a few weeks. Maybe that's the best case scenario, but they still have more imaging to do. This is going to probably buy like Ryan Weathers, Will Warren, like whatever that whole debate we were.
Speaker 3: Having, that's just a non non starter.
Speaker 2: They've also got guys like Louise Heel and Carlos Lagrange that are floating out there. Elma Rodriguez, Like, this team is just kind of stacked with guys, but it's brutal. If you have Max Freed, I think this is gonna be much worse than like a few weeks. But I think he was a little optimistic about it. You mentioned Byron Bucks and four straight games, not going on the IL, but just you know, not great, not great when he's missing time, not also great. Corey Seger went to Arlington to see a team back specialist.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, man, I saw the first comment about this I saw on Twitter was should we buy low on Seeger? And I it took everything in my being to not be like, what are we doing? Why are we still doing this? Like Seeger is just going to have this. He's josh Donlinson at this point, right, Yeah, Well, I mean he's young, he's older than those guys, so like, remember the end of josh Anenson's career is just calf, calf calf. I feel like this is back back back with Corey Seger and not the Chris Berman kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm also kinda I mean, I'm just having to come to terms with like I guess I'm growing up. I'm having terms of these players that, like I would justify the production versus the injuries and stuff, but Seger it's I guess Snell hasn't even gotten into a space where he's not producing, but Seger is. So you're just hitting one seventy nine. Obviously the back is just lingering into this year. Why is the back going to like if you're seeing a special If the back is holding you back, then you're going to see a specialist, and then you got to go do something. Nothing is going to have a big immediate return. I think this is the biggest get out of Corey Seeker business, but I'm not sure what value is held on there. I just I don't want to be in it this year because like, what's the worst case you have to have surgery off of the season. What's the best case You're going to do what take like injections and you're gonna be lingering all year and then it's going to kind of float back and you're probably gonna be what ninety eighty.
Speaker 3: As soon as the Rangers are out of the playoff picture he's shut down. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It seems very ominous for so I completely agree with you on Corey Seeger's L two V to the io with an oblique strain that is not great, horrible obliques.
Speaker 3: He's played one hundred and fifty three and one hundred and fifty five, so like the last time he missed a big chunk of the season I think was when he broke his hand in the WBC. But I think this might be the first because I mean, how old is Altuma now? Thirty six? Thirty old, thirty six, so older than he is tall. Yeah, uh yeah, I think this might be. You know, he has four bombs and one swipe this year too. Beginning of the.
Speaker 2: End here yep, unfortunately, uh moved away. Clay Holmes fractured fibula that was actually from a Spencer Jones. It was like a one to eleven back at him.
Speaker 3: So ex fibula telling him about it, about telling Spencer Jones, No, telling, yes, telling Spencer Jones, like, Clay Holmes, you fractured his fibula and he's gonna be out for a long time. He's like, oh uh sorry, Like yeah, that's kind of a garbage comment. What are you supposed to say, like, oh my bad?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: What was he supposed to be like, yes, I'm gonna aim for his head next time.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here for me to now make my public statement of apology, Like, yeah, I kind of agree with you.
Speaker 3: That's so weird.
Speaker 2: I don't reporting has gotten so weird with all the questions for these guys. Trevor Story to the IOW the sports herning. He's been horrible. He's not even fantasy relevant right now. Ryan Hearn's gonna miss multiple weeks with a quad strain.
Speaker 3: Not good.
Speaker 2: Uh, Jordan Westberg out for the season, Tommy John surgery. He'll be good for next year, but I don't know if it matters. Jackson Holidays working at third base, and I think the I know the rehab is going on right now. He restarted it, so if he gets back, he'll be playing third base, so watch out for that. And then Chase Dolander to the ile with an elbow loose sprain.
Speaker 3: Not good. Not they were making it sound like it was really ominous. Maybe not so much.
Speaker 2: But he's also Colorado Rocky's picture on the injury front of coming back. Ronald Acunya is he's not when he returns, he's not going to immediately play the outfield, and they're saying it might be the next series.
Speaker 3: I think I think they actually said he won't return until he came Oh okay, I read that incorrectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think they said that would be like either next week or the next series, because it was potential that he was going to come back to this last series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the last series was going to be if they just stuck him at d H and they don't want to do that. They want to make sure the outfield. I don't know, Yeah, I know I can get into the reason that rhetorical that he's going to I don't get it, Like you want Acunia his bat in the lineup, Just get him back there, don't make him do his hack a triple ag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why they wouldn't just be like, let's just get it. It doesn't it doesn't jive with me. Jacob Mazarowski is slated to start on Tuesday. He had left last Wednesday's game with a quad strain. It didn't seem like it was much of anything.
Speaker 3: Does a lot of these little lingery things, but none of them I looked at it, it's all like lower body. Yeah, I think it's okay.
Speaker 2: Hunter Brown is gonna throw VP, is going to throw VP on Tuesday and then sort of rehab assignment if all is solid there, So that's probably.
Speaker 3: Like middle of June, I think aiming for Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Pania returned on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Hallelujah, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Roman Anthony is gonna start swinging a bat on Monday, so we'll see where that goes. Ryan Helsley played catch on Friday. No timetable, but that's still your time for Rico logan O Hoppy was activated on Friday, and Yelich played Sunday and hit a homer.
Speaker 3: After there was the potential.
Speaker 2: There was like one day where they said where Pat Murphy was like, essentially, however he wakes up is going to determine if he's out for a long time or if he gets back and apparently felt okay. I guess because they activated him and they're like, well, this.
Speaker 3: Is my fault. I've been off the Yellis bandwagon last year he played, so I took him this year and now we're getting this, so this is my fault. I apologize every one that's rostering, crushing out a little frustraty.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a break, we come back. Let's take a look at who is hot over the last seven days, hitters and pitchers. We do have a few slumpy guys we can maybe talk about, and then on hitting and pitching, and then we have got some saves. We'll see if there's any save information that's floating out there. Don't go anywhere more in this league.
Speaker 3: Right after this, Hey, in this league, look at us? Who would have thought not made?
Speaker 1: Who made me?
Speaker 2: Who is scoring all the runs last seven days? We will start in the ren department and it goes to mister Max Munsey, Max Munsey scoring nine runs over last week, Spincher Steer with eights or no, I'm sorry Steer was with Monsey with nine, Corbyn Carrol had eight, and then we had on Hell Martinez. I don't know why, however this is written, is just breaking my brain. It's it's just not making sense to me. And then seven from Manzarto and Mullins. Really interesting thing that came out of the discussion I had if you want to check it out Fantasy pros. It was me, Rico and Frank stanfol from CBS. We debated a bunch of players and what was the debate. I think it was because Spencer or south Stewart was there was a third base debate. I'm kind of forgetting who it was now, But the point of it is in the discussion of ranking said third baseman, whoever it was, in there, Frank kind of alluded to him having Max Munsey, like really high. And that's one where I was doing a little of the Frank thing where I was still a little bit I hadn't like made this in season adjustment to him, but it can't not be acknowledged. Like ever, the whole glasses thing held true. He is an absolutely phenomenal value this season. His hitting profile looks sick. He's got twelve homers in a two sixty seven batting average. But I hadn't quite like been willing to boost him up a ton.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what it was.
Speaker 2: It was that I had Kevin McGonagall high, and I had McGonagall above like Machado and Riley, and Fred was kind of we were kind of him and Han on that. But when he said Max Munsey and how high he had Max Munsey kind of made me rethink like that's the one I hadn't really jumped on. And god man, he is tremendous right now. The profile looks great, it looks sustainable. His XBA is actually forty points or twenty points better than he currently has. He's walking it just everything looks like it is fixed.
Speaker 3: And this is a Dodger.
Speaker 2: This is he's projected thirty plus homers like he is playing like a top three or four third basement in Fantasy. I hadn't quite valued him in there, and I think he should be. What do you think about that? I'm not sure where you like? If you're comparing Munsey against both Riley and Machado, where would you put Munsey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's tough because I think man Riley's hitting two twenty this year. I think he's starting to come out of it. Uh Hi, Machado is even worse. Right like Machado the last two weeks has been miserable. And what is Machada rank for the year. It's awful because he's hitting one eighty two. Hey, it's not doing anything. I think I still want both those guys over Max Montci for the rest of the season, but I like any trade involving those guys, I probably will agree with and say it's fair, right because they're playing so terribly. So, you know, Months he's great, but it's not like he's killing everything. He's scoring a lot of runs. The homers are great, twelve homers are are awesome, but he's hitting two sixty seven. His RBIs are low nineteen there with thirty five runs. Just weird specifically because it's huge, but but it's really weird that he has so many runs and not so many RBI hitting where he doesn't line up because he's like six and seven is where he's hitting. So so I think I would take those guys still above Monthsey for the long term. I think they're getting kind of their bad part of their year out now. But again, if you want to do a trade and you're getting a better picture back and you're trading Machado in your picture for Monsy and the picture that you want, totally fair deal with the way they're both playing right now. So yeah, I would put Monsy below those guys, but not not with a lot of confidence, and it wouldn't be by a wide margin. I put Mounsey above those guys. I don't have an issue with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like I think Monsy. I guess you could make the argument that maybe what Mounsey is doing right now is like the highest of high version. But Babbitt isn't inflated. His XBA is telling a better story. He's striking a little bit more. But I don't think it's worse. Like I just think like you might have a Sudo as a semi sustainable version of this type of Max Monsey he hit two seventy eight and April he's only hitting two twenty four in May. Maybe he's around a two fifty guy. I just think he's gonna hit thirty five homers and even the best versions of Macha, like maybe Michado does bounce back. Maybe from this point on, could Machado be better It's possibility, or Riley, But I think they're all the same versions of each other. So to your point, if like moving off of a Riley or whatever, or Machada got you a Monsy plus, I kind of like that. But I think maybe what's more important, Munsi should be considered in the same valuation as the good versions of Machado and Riley, if that makes sense to people, Like that's the level he's playing, and I think the the eye this is he's been doing this since uh he got the glasses, you know, so that's what's kind of being sustainable. So I'm just super interested in Max Munsey right now, and it's had no.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at his career splits and there's nothing like huge from first half the second half. So it's not like he's traditionally been a hot starter and then faded or anything. He's pretty even all the way through.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's I think of how underperforming the Dodgers have been as a team too. Kyle Tucker's been and Otani hasn't even been great like they've been about Mookie Betts. And now you're gonna put you you say, like, hey, where all those RBIs? All those guys have been kind of mid. It's Andy pas has been carrying this team. Ti Oskar's been garbage. Now, if the team does start getting hot, I mean, hopefully Monsey doesn't go in the wrong direction, but if he keeps at his his sustainability to score.
Speaker 3: The Angels thirty one to three in there, yeah.
Speaker 2: Dude's gonna have one hundred runs. He might probably even a bad year get eighty RBI looks like he's gonna go thirty to thirty five homers Like I I find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty five, you have forty eight runs on one hundred games. Last year he has thirty five and forty four. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'll also point out on how Martinez on this list. Just want to say he's everywhere on this list too, but guess what. Yeah, and his percentages, he's still like super low in leagues. His consensus rank is under forty percent between Yahoo and ESPN. Nine homers, eight stolen bases, hitting two sixty six. His XBA tells a nice story. He's barreling the ball like he does. He doesn't walk, which I kind of hate. But he's hitting off speed pitches really well and he's doing his damage. He's doing he's only hitting one seventy nine against fastball.
Speaker 3: I was listening to Frank in Towers yesterday and Frank made a good point. He said, this reminds me of Perdomo from last year. Uh yeah, I think there's similarities for sure, Like in the home the first guy that's hit for a low average but stayed out there. Well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: On Hell also was a second baseman who moved into the outfield, which is funny. Yeah, I definitely see some of that. He's increased his hard hit rate. That's probably a good comp he's also getting the ball in the air and he's pulling it like I just think on Hell Martinez is like a I know he's not floating out most of the leagues you guys are playing in, but if he is, he's a guy to be picking up. I think he'd also be a cool guy to get thrown into trade where someone thinks they're getting one over on you, like ooh, I'm trading this guy picked up blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But it's like, if you can get him thrown in, I would do that. I really would.
Speaker 2: In the homer department, we had four homers from Dalen Lyle, On Hell, Martinez, and Kyle Schwarber, and three homers from Sheets Bait, Baldwin Kurtz and Colsont Montgomery. So anybody you want to hit in the three homer department because we were Lyle, I mean Lyle with four homers. He's kind of had this like you know, popular draft stock. I think he's had a quietly solid season. Yeah, two seventy two seven homers, three stolen bases, pretty good, pretty solid profile, actually some increases over last year. Anything do for you?
Speaker 3: On Dalan Lyle, I mean I like Lyle and he I think he was definitely of value, but at this point I think maybe he's because of the homers, he might be a little bit overinflated. Right. The average exit velo is still in the bottom twenty five percent. Uh. The barreling is right like at league average hard hit percentage, it's pretty low at thirty two percent. So I think, Oh, would you rather Lyle or on Hell Martinez?
Speaker 5: Ooh, I think on Hell Martinez is probably Oh. I think me too, But but I I think they're both, like you know, his profiles pretty bad as well. Hard hit is in the bottom thirty three percent average XCV lows and the bottom forty percent. He is barreling more, his expected slogging is better. He does chase way more bottom seven percent of chase percentage. I think they're both probably going to fall back, but I think i'd rather have Martinez.
Speaker 3: Very very interesting. I think me on that with you as well.
Speaker 2: I think Gavin Sheets has also kind of been a solid, just little valve. I think there's been a few of those guys that have just been there, like under picked up decent values. Nine homers, two sixty two average profile looks really good Rather about those other guys.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I guess if I was hugging stolen bases, I would want yeah, not on how Martinez more. Yeah, but yeah, sheets versus Aisle is a really interesting one. I think I would probably go with sheets as well.
Speaker 3: Me too. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like just kind of an unsung hero floating out there and the RBI department. Dyalan Lyle is there again. He had ten with JJ Bleday, Berger ended up having nine or am I reading that wrong?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm still reading this wrong. It's Lyle, Blaedet and Berger who had ten, Kurtz and Schwarber had nine, and then eight from Otani Ruiz, Sheets and Walls. It's ok at JJ Bleday, He's not incredible. Yeah, he's been a monster. He's got six homers, hitting three oh three with a four eighteen OBP six eighty two slug. It is only in like sixty six at bats. He is through the f and roof on his profile. The only thing he's doing is he's whiffing a little bit, but he's not chasing in that whiff rate. He's got a much lower strikeout percentage, only fifteen percent. His walk percentage is higher, He's actually higher.
Speaker 3: His XP is three ten, he's hitting three oh three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually the most ridiculous profile I think I've ever seen, in that everything is pinned. His XBA is higher, his walk rate is higher, He's doubled his barrel. He has an insane twenty degree launch angle with a thirty seven percent poll rate. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. And even in like the individual pitch types, like he's underperforming against fastballs, he's underperforming against off speed, he's overperforming against breaking pitches.
Speaker 3: But the XBA is three forty six.
Speaker 2: Against like it's just small sample size. But good lord, dude, Bla Day is gonna continue to hold. Who would you rather have Bla Day or Gavin Sheets?
Speaker 3: I take blade over all those guys we just talked about. I want to give you a good one. Who would you rather have rest of season BLI Day or a returning Jackson Holiday? Hmmm, I think Jackson Holiday in that one.
Speaker 2: Brother, I think it might be Bla day, it might be. I feel very I said this on that debate show. I feel more prisoner of the moment than maybe I ever have. And I want to be really careful about that because you don't want to buy in to these short sample sizes and stuff like that. But what gets me, this is what really gets me on short sample sizes when I see things that create a low floor. And what creates a low floor to me is a low strikeout, high walk and pulled air balls.
Speaker 3: You mean you mean a high floor. You said a low floor. Oh yeah, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I meant a high floor is like, when you see these guys, You're like, whoa fifteen percent barrel? Whoa fifty three percent hard hit rate?
Speaker 3: That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Like what can sustain that doubt? Because like, let me look at his babbit. Babbit isn't even crazy.
Speaker 3: He does have a massive splits. I mean for lefty versus riety. Now still only fifty one at bats against righties and eighteen against lefties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's the thing. But the thing that gets me to hold onto a player. I think this is a similar thing I did with Sal Stewart. It's like, but they're striking out really low, he's walking a lot, he's pulling the ball in the air at a degree a launching. Oh, it's over twenty degrees. Like those are things where it's like, Wow, you're probably going to be able to withstand some bad stuff. I guess Blade could turn into an absolute pumpkin because, like you said, brother can't hit lefties whatsoever.
Speaker 3: But he's they're not even putting him out there against left But by the way, yeah, he's sitting at home in the road, and I just I kind of think Blade is going to keep holding I look at Salstor by the way. I don't know if we notice this, but he's hitting one seventy five in May one Homer, he had nine in March and April. I picked one. You know.
Speaker 2: One of the debates was, as I had, like Sal Stewart over Tati's rest of season because he qualifies a second.
Speaker 3: I'd luck dude, he's like ten ten, He's a ten to ten guy. Yeah, but it is all in April. Yeah, but it's low strikeouts. It's a great ballpark, Okay, but today you would take Tatis over South Tourt for the rest of you. No, I would take Steward. I didn't change it for three days, all right, It was not three days. It's a month and half a month.
Speaker 2: Three days ago, I would take Salas Stewart. I'm not gonna chaice my mind because of three days. To your point one hundred percent, he is stinking ass in May, and frankly, April wasn't insane. He did only hit two thirty five, but the NBA that's almost twenty five points higher. He's getting the ball in the air and he's not. Maybe that's a crutch of mine. I see walks, I see low strikeouts. I see an XBA telling a better story. I see a great ballpark, and he's hit ten homers with ten stolen bases. And while some of that suck has been happening, I tend to be like, well, I'm gonna kind of side with this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, he's still doing okay. He has fifteen strikeouts and eight walks this month, well one seventy five average. And he have big lefty righty splits too. No, he actually does. No, you can hit right and lefties. He's home away is big two seventy at home, two sixteen away. I just think like, the further we get away from that hot month the worst South Stuart, I might be wrong about that.
Speaker 2: That might be one where you know, super cool dudes are going to tell me I'm wrong about that on that video, you know, like that's a crutch of mind that guy I get a shirt that's a super cool dude.
Speaker 3: Super cool dudes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's one of those things where I look at and I'm like, you know, all right, what is something if someone's wondering for me, what is something that makes a hot crazy start or you know, a run seem more sustainable where you would take them over not? And to me is a guy that's not striking out, is walking and is showing something in the hitting profile that could help get away with stuff. And to me, that's getting the ball in the air and pulling it and he's doing all of those in a super hitter for the environment. So I look at Blade and it's like, well, I don't know, man, like this does seems am I going to say make him over Vlad Junior? No, you know, but like Jackson Holiday is injured with the hamdmate thing that hasn't returned, Like, I don't think that's a hot take for me to say, Like sure, I'll take Bladet over him, But yeah, am I gonna take Blade over Roman Anthony?
Speaker 3: Like no, I'll still go Roman Anthony.
Speaker 2: That he's in a bounce back and stuff, but I guess I'm I'm getting that, like maybe maybe blau Day is a little bit more sustainable.
Speaker 3: Let's go to average.
Speaker 2: Gavin Sheets led the way six twenty five, a Rosrain at four twenty three. Burger was hitting well, Corbyn Carrol was hitting really well. A Rise hit his first two homers this weekend, a little wind aided, as people pointed out, and has two more homers in Tatis, which is fun. Marci was really good and ty Oscar uh for you when Tasker nice little bounce back. I don't know any comments on any of those guys that jump out to you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think are we back on Jake and Marcy now that he's starting to hit. Let me look at the first month was real bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to see the full thing. He's up to two twelve. I don't love the strikeout rate that it's still uh, let me look at the split. I mean he hit one eighty two in all of April, one fifty eight in March. It's May is more of the outlier right now where he is hitting two eighty eight, which is that's solid to see, but thirty one.
Speaker 3: Games between March and April at one seventy eight. He's had fifteen games this month, he's hitting two eighty eight and he has he had ten stolen bases, so he's holding there. But he already has two homers this month when he only had one. He is thirty one.
Speaker 2: Game, so he is checking off a couple of those boxes where he I didn't realize. He's got a twenty one degree launch angle with a twenty six percent poll rate. That's absolutely sexy. You got to make contact with it. He's only got a four percent barrel, which I don't love. He's walking thirteen percent of the time. The only negative is his strike cut rates up around twenty four percent.
Speaker 3: So what do you think his ownership is on Yahoo? Thirty eight percent? It's still seventy three percent. I didn't know when I went to ask you, but I thought a lot of people would have cut him, uh three, only the three homers. But he's up to two twelve, like you said, thirteen swipes, fourteen RBI and twenty five runs, So I think he's he's improving. I think I'm back on the market. Yeah, I think I'm going to join you on that. I'm I'm down to like if.
Speaker 2: He got dropped, to like repick him back up, because I mean, that's some interesting if you look at his rolling well see here's a funny thing. His rolling ex wOBA chart though, went from well above league average to he's gotten to about league average right now. You would have loved the last one hundred plate appearances to be telling us like a you know, a more positive narrative because he is hitting two eighty eight. He just hasn't amounted to a lot of that stuff. But either way, I think I'll buy with you. That's that's an interesting take. Stolen bases, four stolen bases from Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 3: He led the way. I think he he lead the league still the way.
Speaker 2: Rose Reina at three with PCA, assuming that's Justin Crawford, Jose Fernandez, on Hell, Naylor, Soto, A bunch of those guys are in there. But Jose Ramirez absolutely ridiculous. And he's still like underperforming, Like the bat has twenty nine yeah, yeah, the bat has not come alive this year. But he's twenty f'n stolen bases is absolutely insane. Dude, he's gonna have another.
Speaker 3: Forty player, he's thirty nine even he's gonna have a thirty forty season again. I know, because he's gonna steal. He might steal fifty bases.
Speaker 2: Dude, He's killing I. Chandler Simpsons driving me absolutely bonkers. It was one thing when like Nasiem Nunia is like Naesee Nunia is annoyingly he is not hitting for average and he has nineteen stolen bases. But like dude Ramirez up at twenty, Chandler Simpson is fourteen stolen bases. He's six off of the lead from Jose Ramirez, but he has the best batting average of any single player. It's Ramirez, Nunias, Oneo Cruz, and Chandler Simpson are your top four and stolen bases. And you know, I don't think anybody would have thought Joji Ramirez would be in this marker, like like Nunya Rameras is an incredible bet right now, if you had bet that you could buy out in a market, I don't know if that I don't think it's going to can you, But I don't know if.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna win that Chandler Simpson bet. Just looking at these solemn bases and seeing ONeill Cruises up here, I feel like we haven't said his name in three weeks. Is ONeill Cruise having like a terrible may? I don't think so. He's still hitting two fifty nine.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's gotten to the point where I was like preseason, cell cell sell, first week, sell cell sell, second week, sell, cell sell, And then it was like, oh no, it's just it's wrong.
Speaker 3: Sitting two sixty six. There's no homers this month. One homer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he had to hit left even I saw him. He didn't even play the day I went to that Pirates game. By the way, it's stupid, like, oh.
Speaker 3: Wait, no, maybe he did. Actually, oh yeah, he was dhing that day. That's what it was. But I mean, no major splits outside of month to month, right like lefties right ees is two eighty eight to two forty six, so okay, but not like Aime, I.
Speaker 2: Just buy, I just buy into like this verse, I'm back like I'm okay. I turned he can hit lefties. If he's a two forty two to fifty guy, he's gonna have like an absolutely really because you have ten homers sixteen soleon bases. It's gonna have twenty five homers and thirty eight solen bases this year.
Speaker 3: It's just he hasn't hit. He's hit one homer this month. That's it' that's the thing. Yeah, and I think it will too. He does have an almost thirty five percent percentage. Holy crap, let me look at this.
Speaker 2: He has the hot How many players with ten or more homers do you think have a thirty percent K percentage?
Speaker 3: M how many total have a thirty percent K percentage? No, no, you have to.
Speaker 2: I'll give you how many have ten homers because I'm asking you. How many have of ten homers or more have a.
Speaker 3: Thirty percent K percentage? So there are twenty eight players with that's what I wanted. Let's say seven. There's actually six and you guessed them. Not bad? Something should be easy. I don't think one is going to be Murakami, right, Yeah, that's one. He's number.
Speaker 2: He was seventeen homers with a thirty set cruise, Oh, Neil cruse. Obviously he has the highest of any thirty four point eight. There's two strikes out is what Walker's on striking ant that much?
Speaker 3: Is he? Uh no, nineteen percent? That's why things look good.
Speaker 2: I think two are hard ones really hard. No, Kurts does not have Let me make sure, let me take off qualified by the way, well sometimes qualified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're it did screw us because we added one more player.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that. Oh you know what that Schwarber is, he's number one at the top of homers. That one player added a thirty percent K percentage. So now we're at seven players and you have you guessed three? Yeah, you were dead on. By the way, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think those are the only three I'm going to be able to get.
Speaker 2: Guy six seven. Okay, I'm guess I six seven, all right. So the other players were James Wood thirty percent.
Speaker 3: I should have got him. These three players are the ones I won. Specifically, I don't too.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have got Hunter Goodman, who actually I didn't realize. He has a higher percentage thirty five percent K percentage, just higher than O'Neil Cruz. Damn Ian Happ has a thirty one point smiley and then the player that was added, Luke Rayley has a thirty four percent K percentage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Raley is like so hit or miss. I probably should have guessed him. Ian has Ian have been? Is his strikeout percentage always been a problem.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's been this much of a problem because he's hitting only two twenty eight last year.
Speaker 3: Twenty two point eight percent last year. Yeah, it's never been this issue. Wow, what's the not since his second season in twenty eighteen, where he struck out thirty six percent.
Speaker 2: Highest launch angle of his career, but worst batting average, worse expected batting average of his career as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hasn't gone over a thirty percent career or thirty percent strikeout percentage in a season since twenty eighteen and twenty seventeen. That was it twenty twenty one, it was twenty nine point two. But since then he's been over twenty five one time, and that was twenty twenty four to twenty five point six percent. It's weird in how one characteristic and I can't determine is that someone I want to buy? Is that someone I want to sell? I mean, I think just in most cases Ian Happ is underrated, So I think in most cases it would be like buy him when he's cheap, which would be right now the uh yeah, the stat cast page is pretty on par with what he's doing. Bat speed is below league average of forty eight percent, but squared up is bottom fifteen percent with and strikeout rate or bottom ten percent at seven XBA is bottom twenty percent at eighteen. Everything else is well above average. Hard hit, barrel exitve low, x WHOBA, walk percentage in the ninety six percentile, barer percentage in the ninety five percentile. So when he hits it, it goes, but he is whiffing a ton. Yeah, I don't. I don't. I think I think I'm buying. I think I leaned to buy too.
Speaker 2: Like the strike up rates, I'm very uncharacteristic with like just massive fun stuff across the board, the like you said, the barrel, the walk rates the highest. He's pulling the ball the most he's ever done. Maybe, like let me look at the shape. Let's see zone contact has plummeted. It's actually the second worst, third worst of.
Speaker 3: His career besides seventeen and eighteen. Yeah, beside seventeen. Why does he regressed so much back to that over the first month here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that's what I'm trying to figure out, like, is that something that he's swinging less in the zone. His chase rates up, but his chase contact is down. Maybe just making a concerted effort, you know, contract coming up, like pull the ball in the air, try to increase those homers.
Speaker 3: It's killing his batting average. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I tend to think that thing that's gonna rectify.
Speaker 3: Is he a slow starter? I don't think he is. Uh, yeah, well, I guess he's a little slower in the first half, but to two fifty one in the second half.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four, it was the exact same, exact same in twenty twenty three. Pretty much, he's pretty much the same guy.
Speaker 3: Both haves. Yeah, not much money here. I don't get it. Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Guess by guess I buy going over to the starters, some of your high percentage starters who had some good starts. Cam Schlitzler continues to roll six and two thirds nine strikeouts against the Mets. I think I'm coming around more because I made a big change in saying that Misowski's top five sp That means Nolan McLean and Chase Burns are easy top fifteen if I think I have them both near the top ten, and Shlitzler's got to be there.
Speaker 3: It's a little part of me that.
Speaker 2: Wants to be like Schlitler's stuff to me, maybe seems a little less sustainable to those guys. But then, like, who am I to pick and choose my narrative When he has a one, three, five era, he's.
Speaker 3: Expected as four or five, or he is now the number one player on Yahoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has a less than five percent walk rate, thirty percent k percentage, Like those things are hard to compete with with, like a big power fastball cutter sinker. I just I gotta let go of a preconceived notion and say that Cam Slitler's there. And by the way, think of it like this, Misrawski, Schlitler, McLain and Burns were all kind of seen in the same grouping, you know, of each other. They're probably all top ten pictures in fantasy, and I don't see any foreseeable change.
Speaker 3: So really big year for that.
Speaker 2: Like middle group of pictures that have made the jumpson Schlitzler is you know, leader of the pack. Chris Sanchez had to bounce back nine innings thirteen strikeouts against Pittsburgh Pirates, Boggies, Chris Sanchez, great bye. Also Zach Wheeler seven innings, eight strikeouts. That was someone I've been making in debate for that. I think he's still top fifteen even those Vida's down.
Speaker 3: A little bit. Yeah, would you trade Wheeler? Like what's like what contexts?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I'm open to it, but I mean, just like in general, would you look to trade him right now? Oh, he's performing this well, didn't start the season right like I'm not just don't think you're going to get enough back?
Speaker 2: Well, like this might maybe this was the one. I actually I'm not really curious at what one. Frank didn't like. His take on this one right here might have been it because he said he barely had Zach Wheeler's a top thirty SP.
Speaker 3: And I had him at like seventeen or eighteen. I think he said that every call that he made on that show made him look dumb. This weekend, well, I think because there's a recency to it.
Speaker 2: But then also like I think his Stewart won against Stuart's fine, but Zach Wheeler like being almost the top only top thirty SP when he just rattled off eight and seven. If somebody views Zach Wheeler as like if they're giving you the story, they're like, well, you know I want him, but you know he was injured and his Vlo's down and Bubba and they all of that type of nonsense, I get out of my face. If I were to trade, I'm open to trading Zach Wheeler because yeah, there was an injury, and yeah the villa slightly down, but it's is a top fifteen in Fantasy, top fifteen starting pitcher in fantasy. Anything less than that, it's not worth it. But at the same time, like, do you really want to trade that valuable of a pitcher off? It have to be a trade that, like, really.
Speaker 3: You have to be stacked at starting pitcher and have avoided the injuries and stuff like that to trade a starter as good as Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 2: My argument on Zach Wheeler in drafting, which was your argument to start and I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying I'm just throwing this question out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but I'm saying you were the Zach Wheeler guy before I got interested in and then things started to turn, is that Zach Wheeler is unquestionably when he is Zach Wheeler top ten pitcher in baseball. Ye, I'm probably putting him lower than he should be. So if he can return to ninety percent of that, that's a top twenty sp and he was going as like a thirty five to forty, So that's why I was so invested in him.
Speaker 3: Yes, his villa was down. He took some time to adjust. But what is he right now? The top twenty picture easy in there? So that filo in your first few starts, man, like, who cares unless you're five miles an hour down. If you're less than two miles an hour down, who it's your first start, thinks?
Speaker 2: I think it's fair, like a piece of pa it's fair to look at that and be like that worries me. But to me that negated understanding or knowing I'm not and I'm I gotta be careful how I say that, because that sounds see how I'm saying that. But to me, that's being like only looking at the numbers and not understanding who Zach Wheeler as a picture is. And like I was putting in this really good picture as a benefit of the doubt exactly was one of the best in baseball has been. Yes, he's getting older, yes, the villa's down and it's scary, but giving that benefit of the doubt, knowing what a great picture is and also knowing what the upside is, like you put all those calculations in and you take a concerted risk, and it is kind of a risk, but it's I think it's fair to someone to see the Velo considerably down and also him get blown up and a rehab started to and think this is a problem. But the difference was was like I think Joe was like, I want to get out from Wheeler now, and I'm like, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I think everybody did that with Spencer Striider.
Speaker 2: I did that with Spencer Striider, so yeah, and I did. I did that exact same thing. That's where I was wrong. I was like, ooh, I don't think I want any part of this because I had I'd given the narrative after his first start. Every single season, his Velo has decreased year over year, every single year, diminishing results. He's more of a two pitch picture. I don't like where things are going. And I was out and that's been wrong so far that like I gave benefit off for McClanahan, for shame McClanahan.
Speaker 3: I gave it for Wheeler. I completely wrong about Strider. And you know, here's what it is. That's how it goes. That that's painting trying to figure out the narratives of it. Wheeler's not. Everybody's the same. I get it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Gossman six innings, Norton runs, five strikeouts against the Tigers, Gavin Williams six innings to and runs seven strikeouts against Cincinnati's been good. Joe Ryan six innings, seven strikeouts. Let me get your opinion on this real quick.
Speaker 3: Box. I in our trade video that.
Speaker 2: Joe and I do, we do every Monday. We buy one, we sell one. I put Joe Ryan in there and I stated that I don't have a compelling case in the numbers of why you want to trade Joe Ryan. But I was sticking to a narrative of a player that gets injured. Returns has scaries. Once they rattle off a couple and people start to forget, is the time to trade him. I want to give Joe Bryan the benefit of the doubt, but he had a back issue in spring which miss a WBC, and then an elbow issue recently. There's a long season still ahead. I think I'm going to put him out there at fair value because I think people are now like, cool, we got one hundred plus pitches, he's gone six innings, you know, good starts, we're back, maybe he'll get traded.
Speaker 3: I think that's fueling things.
Speaker 2: I think I want to get out of the business with Joe Ryan this year, even though he's been good, because I think those two looming issues are very scary ones for pitchers, and I just don't feel like we're done with it in May. So I am kind of just reiterating that thing. We would say if Joe Ryan were hurt right now and someone were like, hey, would you trade him? We would say like, well, wait till he comes back, has a couple of good starts and do it. I'm just doing that now without that that's the context.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, So I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, a guy that you're playing for a team that's in a tough spot, you're one of the most likely players to get traded. But then how does a trade work when a guy's had an injury already? You know what I mean? Like that might be more difficult as well.
Speaker 2: Would you do would you trade away Joe Ryan right now, Yes, okay, so with me? Yeah, I mean that that seems like you're a plan too.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah. And that's this is when it works perfectly, right, is when he comes back. He didn't have to miss an extended period of time. He pitches well on the next couple starts. This is the perfect time to be moving, Joe Ryan. I'm one hundred percent with you on that, Okay. Cool.
Speaker 2: Treya Savage six innings, six strikeouts against the Tigers. Very good to see, Nady of all these seven innings and runs, eight strikeouts against Houston.
Speaker 3: Another good one to see. Yeah, No, really good one to see. I'm not sure what it says.
Speaker 2: Houston's offense has been pretty bad, but him and actually the next one Sandy al Contra six innings nowhere and runs, no walk, six strikeouts against Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: Those are two really big ones. Let me do this for you. You have all the al Contra Davis Martin rest of the season rank them?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Davis Martin wins six innings, seven strikeouts against the Cubs. Davis Martin is still the last for me, because I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna go Sandy Nate and then Davis Martin.
Speaker 3: I think I go to Nate Sandy Davis, but I think it's the same for me. Daves Martin is at the bottom. But I mean, I gotta tell you, those guys both wrote off bad starts, or like, you have all these skips to start and now Kintara gives up six again. It might just be Davis Martin over Maybe it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Rangers need to trade Native valved. If the Rangers are just falling apart, they should be trading in Faldy and I cause I'm still assuming like Ocntra is gonna get traded some other higher owner percentage pitchers that did well. Bryce Elder went eight innings, he only had three strikeouts three earned runs though against Boston good start. Emerson Hancock continues to roll dude. Six innings, six strikeouts, one and run against San Diego. This one I want to throw out. I've been so weird about this guy. Justin Robleski six innings, two earned runs, five strikeouts against the Angels. I had started this process of talking about him on Fantasy Pros last week where I was like, I'm just not into him, thinking because he's got like one of the most ridiculously stupid strikeout rates. It's so bad versus his innings pitched. But one of the things realizing too is this is like a relief pitcher adjusting into a starting pitcher, and the strikeouts seem to be starting to click, and I think it's a it might be an interesting.
Speaker 3: Biops team now for at least a month.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm getting at, is like, his really good results don't help in the buy department, but there might be somebody that like sees the strikeouts and doesn't love, you know, maybe the expected number. And I think I'm a buy on Robleski because I think the strikeouts are going to take a massive turn here and he's not walking Like I'm into Robleski right now, so I want to try to buy him on the cheap. He's only sixty seven percent owned on here, which what is this Yahoo sheet? Yes, yeah, so, I mean, I mean he's still gonna be owned in all the places. I just think i'd love to get him thrown into a trade because I think the strikeouts are going to be better and he's got a rotation spot rest of season, so a great Okay, Mike Soroka five and two thirds eight strikeouts against the Rockies. That's been a nice turnaround. Nick Martinez continues to roll six innings for strikeouts, Randy Vasquez six innings, two strikeouts, low strikeout guys, but they're getting innings and being efficient. And Peyton Toley eight innings, eight strikeouts against Atlanta continues to roll with it. Some lower percentage owned guys with some big outings. Logan Henderson I had talked about on a streaming video this past week five innings, seven strikeouts against Minnesota forty two percent. That's gonna change.
Speaker 3: He should be rolling.
Speaker 2: And how about our boy murlemurle mur game only three strikeouts at Colorado though forty four percent. The Diamondbacks pitchers really big turnaround between Soroka, Kelly, and Ryan Nelson all had big bounce backs here. Who do you buy the most though?
Speaker 3: Of those three? I think Merrill out of those three, I don't like throw Eduardo in there.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have Soroka over all of them in there. But when you throw Edwardo it does make it tougher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think it's Meryl Kelly for me, just because it looks like he did find his command, which has been gone all year. So I was ready to bury Merril Kelly in a shallow grave like, but the command all came back. Let's see if he does it again, right. I don't know if I trust any of them really. Soroko for the strikeouts, probably the most. But I think Merril has been the most consistent over his career, so I probably would still go with Meryl out of that group. I just think I'm interested in all those guys, is like beyond just streamers. Yeah. Look, Ryan Nelson was really bad in his first like five starts, and he's been good last few, so uh he is still I'm still on the fence on Ryan Nelson. I feel nervous every time he takes the mound. All I know is a Brandon fot socks every time he's out there. Yeah, he stinks.
Speaker 2: The worst who does not stink recently is Roki Sazaki seven innings, eight strikeouts against the Angels, and I talked about on leaning Off today. What's really interesting is the stuff is up and he's changed his pitch mix and it's working. He's throwing this harder version of a slider. He's got this split finger in here he's and more so than what was happening last year is he's got control of the zone. He's actually changing the eye in the zone instead of everything going dead red. So Roki, I don't I'm not sure we're in a level where he's going to be a leader or anything like that, but he's looking much more like he could stick in the rotation. This is why you know you you want to give these guys time, you want to make them balance. He's just looking like a much better option. He's only thirty five, so I think I would be picking him up because he's got a better idea to stay in the rotation now with Snell out.
Speaker 3: This is also like, you know why maybe you wouldn't like Robleski a little bit right, is because look, I think Glass now is going to be first back with it because his back spasms is what he's for. The six man though they probably do uh but but like who's getting skipped on those days? You're going to skip some of those guys occasionally, probably skip Robleski. I mean you could skip or Sasaki. It's one of those, that's one of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know who yet, everythink I would think Sazaki is the guy at this point.
Speaker 3: But I do like the fact that Sassaki even was like things are starting to click for me after the game. So, and I think Justin Mason talked about this. It was either I think it might've been before last season, but he was talking about, you know, foreign pitchers coming over and he said they usually perform way better in their second season anyway, and I think we're kind of seeing that from Susak. How many innings did he even pitch last year? Fifty? Well, and then he had the playoff innings so too. So yeah, so I mean I think it might have been fifty total because I think he was under fifty for the regular season. I'm just looking at it here, thirty six and changed. I think it was forty point two.
Speaker 2: Oh that's this year, thirty six point one last year in the majors and then and.
Speaker 3: Then twenty and two thirds in the minors.
Speaker 2: So and that's so that's what like fifty and then there's probably like another fifteen at least in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So like sixty five innings. So this is you know, we're kind of we're still very early in his career in the States, that's all. Yeah, But with him and Robleski like both.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe they piggyback those guys or something like that, like really interesting, But I know Sazaki is a guy would probably be speculatively picking up Jake Jack Lighter seven innings, six strikeouts against Houston at thirty two percent.
Speaker 3: I'm into that.
Speaker 2: Grant Homes six innings, four strikeouts versus Boston, and then you go into some lower owner ownership.
Speaker 3: Kate Cavally, though he still is he's a really.
Speaker 2: Interesting start six and one third, eight strikeouts, three and runs against Baltimore sixteen percent. Lucas Giolito came up five innings, three strikeouts.
Speaker 3: You also, have you right about that? I was not into it. You were right about Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how like long term, I'm into that, but it was a working out now. But what I was gonna ask you is, then Connor pre Lip six innings, eight strikeouts.
Speaker 3: You have Kate Cavali, pre Lip in Giolito essentially all the same ownership percentage. You can only pick one. Who do you pick up? Probably pre Lip just I think he is the mystery box of ceiling. I think we kind of know what we have in Cavali, although it's a great year for him and probably gonna be his best year. I still think he's a little capped, and I don't want I don't want anything to do with Chilaito. Jillie Filo was three miles prour down from last year. He was throwing a ninety mile in hour fastball and he got away. I'm he's still again, you know that? To me, that probably means he's a mile and a half down over last year, eventually, since it was his first start and everything, but but still down. And I'm just not a geeleadal guy. So yeah, it's probably gonna be preliped for me and then Cavali and.
Speaker 2: Then some poopy starts Bubba Channel three innings, four and runs, three walks.
Speaker 3: We just gotta be down to it.
Speaker 2: You're dropping him, You're done, yep, done, done for Redraft, got nothing for me.
Speaker 3: He's a spot starter.
Speaker 2: Jamison Williams, Jamison tai On, Sorry, not the wider's here from the Lions. Five innings, eight earned runs, He got his tits lit Logan Gilbert six and two thirds, seven earned runs.
Speaker 3: He is just not yike existent this year. It's not great.
Speaker 2: Holder Soriano bogs five and one third six and run six walks, six strikeouts. The mark of the Beast start six and runs, six walks and six strikeouts. To his credit, he's still surface level, looks like a great picture, and he's era is still under three. But just pointing out the like, are we done with the conversation where we're like, no, no, no, you I'm a motor or Soriano like that still seems a little silly. But is a two four one era, a one point zero seven whip and a twenty eight percent k percentage.
Speaker 3: So like this is still a good picture. Yeah, but he's turning into a pumpkin a little bit Soriano or Wheeler wheeler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you didn't even hesitate like we were hesitating like a month ago everyone was doascinating about Sriano.
Speaker 3: Like, let's be real, well, look I think it for pictures specifically, you add something, you change something, you can become a completely different picture from your year. Doesn't really work like that for hitters. You know, sure you can lose it. You can mess something up in your mechanics or find something in your mechanics and change wholly and complete, holy and completely. But pictures are typically the ones that do that more often. So with a hot start, as hot as start as he had, it was kind of hard to deny it to begin. And he is turning into a pumpkin. And yes, I think when he was the number one overall player, you can probably argue with anyone that's in the top fifty. Now that he's, you know, a top twenty five player, now it's gonna be guys within the top one hundred you can argue. And it's just gonna get lower if he gets worse.
Speaker 2: Gury Perez five innings, five and runs, four walks five k's eury Prez or Sriana rest of the season. Yeah, it is Soriano. Isn't that gross? Doesn't make you feel say it?
Speaker 3: You know what? It's funny. It's like, I feel like my calls this year have either been absolutely hits in absolute misses, and ury Perez is absolutely a massiveness. He has been awful. Yeah, he needs a change of scenery. Get him out of Miami. He's not getting a change of scenery. No, no chance. It's Sandy. It's going Uri. They're going to build around him.
Speaker 2: But I think he just needs to what he's weird though he I was doing the the breakdown on him too. His problem is just command like every pit his go look at it. If you ever look at this his heat map. I think you might have heard me talk about this on a heat map. It's like the pitches that are in the zone dead red, You've got some other pitches that are outside of the zone. His walk rate is up, his stuffed numbers are actually better year over year, but his pitching, uh plus, it's down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I heard Tower talking about it, and I've seen it in a couple of his starts too, where it's like it's not many times where you've seen the catcher set up somewhere and have to go the opposite way. Yeah, he is like on so many pitches that he's thrown this year, it's crazy. Yeah, he just does not have a feel for them right now. So I would take Soriano two.
Speaker 2: Paul Sken's got roughed up five innings, five earned runs, seven strike cuts against Philly Brian Bao seven earned run.
Speaker 3: He's got to be done. Gotta be done. Tom Bao had like two or three starts that were okay. Uh you know, before this just absolute like one I think being annihilated. Was it just one because I'm maybe possible, but it's it's been majority bad. Because I was like, maybe we're coming around, And then I saw this one. Yeah, you know what. It was two starts in a row. He had quality starts, seven strikeouts in seven innings and one earned run against at Detroit and then against Billy A good start, but I mean Atlanta massacred him for seven.
Speaker 2: Runs by by George Kirby was bad. Five and two thirds, six earned runs. I don't even know what to do about these guys. And Grayson Rodriguez. I was laughing with Joe on this one because he was like, all about Grayson starting. I was like, brother, there's no against the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter who it was. I would not start Grayson, but the Dodgers. No. At three and two thirds seven earned runs and four walks against the Dodgers. Yeah, that's tough. I mean, I guess if he had, if he had like killed his rehab starts or something, you could feel confident about him. But Jesus, not that against the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Thanks in the closing world, we had some blown save losses. Sir Anthony Dominguez. A blown save on the seventeenth Lucas erseg on the fifteenth with the blown save, David Bednar another one seventeenth.
Speaker 3: Pete fair be old, Yeah, I was afraid of Bednar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really were unsaved with a win. Though for Pete Fairbanks and Gregory Soto had a blown save on fifty one in the fifth or five and the fifteenth. I'm still on soda as a joke. I don't know if I have any worries really about any of these guys. I don't love Bednard getting two blown saves back to back, but.
Speaker 3: I thinks Sir Anthony c is getting a little warm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could always I mean they've been stretching Grant Taylor out, so I guess he couldn't get there.
Speaker 3: But there's They've got the green arrow on Sean Neukom because he he doesn't have any saves yet, but his the ra is two six oh yeah, actually has one save my bad and three holds, so I don't know. His strikeout percentage isn't crazy. I'd rather have Grant Taylor in that role, but he blew a save when given a chance on Tuesday, so last Tuesday, so I don't know. I don't know what they're doing there, but it's ugly. Yeah, and they're winning. They're over five hundred for the first time in like thirteen hundred days. Absolutely whatever.
Speaker 2: Imagine if they became buyers, I know, that's what I'm saying, Like this should offer closer Kyle Teal and Brad Montgomery for Garrett Crush, the Red Sox sinsor sellers.
Speaker 3: Do you get the joke there? Yeah, yeah, traded for that's literly what they traded for. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: There's a chase mydraw too. They could throw in this piece non closer saves. Tyler Rodgers ended up getting that. Varlin had twenty six the night before, So I don't think there's much there. Tj Antone continues to just red situation. They're one of the worst bullpens in baseball.
Speaker 3: I've heard you talking about how they should trade everything for oldest Chapman.
Speaker 2: They just like they have so much volume of minor leaguers. Unless the Red Sox don't want to like get out, how could they not want to get out of the business of just a thirty seven, thirty eight year old closer, Like when you.
Speaker 3: Know who's great, who they should trade for? Paul cy Walt's been playing great. Sure trade for Paul sy Wall please.
Speaker 2: Yeah we got pucking Justin Martinez coming back. Yeah yeah, Jeremiah Strada got a save. That's nothing. Burger Matt Gage ended up getting one. George Soriano, Richard Lovely. Is there anybody in the non closer department that got saves? It mean, I mean, antone's probably the most like real event because they're just like, I mean, they're about they're about to do public tryouts for players.
Speaker 3: You imagine the red sign. Trevor Bauer by the way, oh brought him back, Like that's how desperate make him a closer?
Speaker 4: Uh? He may.
Speaker 3: He'll make Pa look like he was giving the lady flowers halfway through the year. I'm maybe maybe love Lady like Varlin. But he wasn't good in his save either. He got one out and he loaded the bases. There was already guy on. He walked one and gave up a hit. Uh yeah, I don't know that there's much here. Yeah, I agree, they're all bad situations.
Speaker 2: Go get Rico, Rico Garcia, go pick him up right now, Rico, if that's what you gotta do, and.
Speaker 3: There you go. That is the episode.
Speaker 2: Friends, We're gonna do it a little bit earlier this week. We're gonna record on Wednesday because I will be out Thursday.
Speaker 3: And beyond to Vegas.
Speaker 2: I will be out doing that. So if you're in the Vega area and love dance, come hit me.
Speaker 3: Up, but I'll be out there.
Speaker 2: I was told to go to Yeah, by the way, I need you a fun razor stream too to survive Vegas with my I was told Nacho Daddy.
Speaker 3: Is a badass place to go, and that is a food.
Speaker 2: Place I'm gonna hit. It is like tons of different gourmet nachos and it won't cost you one hundred dollars per nacho.
Speaker 3: So that's, I guess, a good thing in Vegas. But Nacho Daddy.
Speaker 2: So if there's any other food places that must not be missed, let me know and then send me money. So in this league dot com, that's the way that you guys can help go there. In this league dot com, get access.
Speaker 3: To the sheets. Baseball this week is up there, and talk with the community. Have a ton of fun.
Speaker 2: Bogman has got some stuff over on Fantasy Pros. We've got football action up on in this league, so a ton happens to make sure you guys are locked in with us.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Twitter in a couple of weeks. Yeah, you're working on now all black book stuff, right yep? Yeah, on the release date mid June. I think it's June first, so Jesus crazy stuff's got to be done by Memorial Day. Send everything in by Memorial Day so it can be edited for June first. That's why you're on the crunch because you got you have you have a week. Yeah, how get it done? Yeah? Okay, you got that. I I I got seventy five percent of it done.
Speaker 2: So then hell bogmin too, Sen Bogman, Uh my daddy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Uh is it the Welsh Bogman Sports? Find us on the Twitters and the Instagrams and all the stuff and things. Love you guys for hanging out with us, and we'll talk to you later in the week.
Speaker 3: We ouch piece by