Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Giant BombCast, episode nine hundred and thirteen. I am your host today, Mike min Naughty, and joining me is a cast of the scarous games media people out there, including No, that's not a leather face, that's just his normal face.
Speaker 1: It's the Ohio gruff saw massacre. Oh Captain of the ship Jeff Grubb, b I have a normal human face. I swear I saw a house get t peed this morning, and I thought that was I'm glad we still do that. Good job, kids. And of course he has to be associated with Jason Vorhees because.
Speaker 2: He wears a hockey mask. That's where I went to Bachlar the thirteenth, Jeff Baklar.
Speaker 3: That's right, there have been twelve before me. I am the thirteenth. Backlaar, what's up, Mike MANAUGHTI it's good to see your smiling face.
Speaker 1: It's good to be here. It's good to be awake.
Speaker 2: You don't want to fall asleep because that's when Dan Rikert will get you. Everybody, and we all remember the dame of that movie, that Nightmare on Dan Street.
Speaker 1: Dad Rikert.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm failure. I've never seen any nightmar on ELM Street. And I've never tpeed a house, and I feel like, personally, I really should have tepeed out. I think my fear of getting in trouble yeah, Birley, Yeah, like I like causing trouble that I can't get in trouble for you know what I mean? Like not, I don't. I don't I abide by the law. I'm a scamp. I'm not a criminal.
Speaker 3: You're you're a nark, sure do you?
Speaker 1: Anyways? I would seen those movies. You's got a weird white face and a knife. You know what that mask is, right, It's a It's a Shatner mask. It's a and they just like guided or bleached it or something.
Speaker 5: Now, hang on, grub. I'm curious to see if Mike is implied that I have a weird white face and a knife. Here.
Speaker 1: Oh was he introducing you with that? That's weird. That's a weird say about a coworker. Yeah, and he'll suck your blood. It's count turf a shot shot macdow.
Speaker 5: You see, I wasn't gonna give you ship if you didn't like read the intro as I have a highlight and bolded. I swear to god, Mike, if you miss a single thing on there, I am just gonna roast you for the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: Here I open up this dock. There it is.
Speaker 4: There's an energy from Mike today that feels like you just had like nitrous earlier in the day, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, like some sort of head injury. Yeah, did you wake up? I woke up at eleven, of course, and of course pretty good for once, which is a shock. Yeah, it's actually felt relatively rested.
Speaker 4: I let me go to bed.
Speaker 2: I fell asleep at about three or four probably PM.
Speaker 1: Well I can relate. Yeah, so I feel pretty good. Look, look I got nothing to do. Look, you guys need me at noon today, and here I am right, he's look, no complaints, We can't say anything, seemingly heart.
Speaker 3: Out, Greg Miller, no one's got anything on mister up at noon.
Speaker 1: Mike Holler is.
Speaker 4: Not getting up at noon anymore.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, yeah, I'm saying that, yeah, saying.
Speaker 2: Nothing I think important happens in the morning. And I don't need to be a wake for any of that.
Speaker 1: That's for sure. That's just true.
Speaker 2: And I got you know, I had so much Pokeymans to play too. Every night it's always something I want to play on my switch for not just like you know, cute little three minutes before I fall asleep, but for hours, and I just do it. I just sit their bed and I just keep playing. Then you look up and it's five am. You're like, that's okay. I'll just you know, get up an hour before whatever. I gotta do a giant bomb, and it's okay.
Speaker 1: It works out.
Speaker 4: If it's going to be hours of gameplay, why are you doing it in bed instead of like uncomfortable couch where you're sitting properly in.
Speaker 1: Oh, bed, it's way more comfortable. I'm comfortable.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh I never played games in bed.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I think these days probably eighty percent of my gaming happens in bed. Wow, that's a crazy number. Now, Actually, I don't want to be associated with him anymore, no, are you? It's a lot. It's like it's like one of those famous people that gets too famous. Then you just hear like they've been in bed for seven years, Like that's what Howard hughes, Marlon Brando or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Aviator Mike Manati edition respect to Mike, and Mike's getting Comfi's living his best life. You can't be good like posturely and skeletonly.
Speaker 1: That can't be good. Sure, it's just already kind of shot. Let's be on it. And I don't know if like gaming in a chair is doing much for you. Maybe if you're Dan, if you're talking about like you play games standing up, then maybe we can have a conversation.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, you get a good ergonomic chair. Even just a couch has to be better than a bed. I don't think it has to be better. No, really yeah, really, it's all just sitting down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do probably have to get like a new mattress eventually though. Beca's just kind of sitting in one spot, putting all your weight, you know, via butt on the same spot in your mattress for years. You get a little bit of a difficult rotated rotated it once. You can really only do it once the mattress. It could turn it right, It's.
Speaker 3: Get you can't can't flip every math already.
Speaker 4: You're sitting on your bed.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm sitting sometimes I'm like leaning against the way he's going into that bed butt first, like the most of the weight is going.
Speaker 4: Through the into the bed, which I guess I was picturing you laying like propped up on a couple of pills.
Speaker 1: That's that's actually not super comfortable to me. I could do a little bit of.
Speaker 2: That, but my arms will get tired eventually just laying up and doing this for a while.
Speaker 3: You're describing a very what I believe to be a very uncomfortable lifestyle. I feel like the la couches and lazy boys.
Speaker 1: Like I'm with Mike mostly on this because I'm just in general never comfortable, So like, what's the different. Yeah, I don't think I've been comfortable in like fifteen years.
Speaker 2: So I have a little like sad about how little I use my living room. It's my least used room in my house. I have not played a video game on my couch on my TV in like months.
Speaker 3: I think you guys are just out of the comfort zone. Like there's been fabulous. I enjoy sitting the recliner. After sitting in the recliner, I almost stand up and it's like, oh, that was a bad choice that like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You get it.
Speaker 4: Gave one of those recliners with the lumbar support thing where it's like you can have control and it can like put you out there, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a reason that they need lumbar support. It's because sitting these things is not actually good for you.
Speaker 4: That is when I felt the worst. Is like during the pandemic and I was like doing everything from that recliner. I was working from the recliner when I first came back to Giant Bomb, always sitting, and that's when my next started getting sucked up. My back and all that stuff like that is no good.
Speaker 1: I I bet I play games on the toilet more than any of you. I think that that I'm not gonna no, I don't play Gamelet you can have that yeah that falls asleep, you have the healthiest game. I don't think it's unhealthy other than when my legs fall asleep and it hurts a lot. Okay, so maybe it's unhealthy.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know what's helping me in the living room is only when I get the Christmas tree in there, then I'm gonna want to be in that room a bunch. That's when I finally played Ghosts of Yo Tai or Yotay. Sorry every time I say it wrong, and then I double gets.
Speaker 4: You should make a home gym and just fill it with Christmas trees at this point, light little train go around it like just making mom a's hell, oh.
Speaker 1: I do have a start. Took the next generation train that I got for Christmas last year.
Speaker 4: You really jacked mikey Christmas room playing Pokey BoNT like Chad saying. She also was playing Pokemon in bed last night. So you got that Kayla lifestyle going on?
Speaker 2: There we go, Yeah, seeing it's that Klas healthy right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean she she also loves McDonald's and stuff like I do, but she she's been at she plays volleyball every week and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh that's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I went to an apple orchard this weekend, Mike, and I thought of you a lot.
Speaker 1: Don't think of me real quick, Mike, forget that he was hosting the show there and that he just woke up to see how. I know it's bad podcasting, but I find it.
Speaker 3: Along the routine of most hosts who just roll out of bed and get on the stage.
Speaker 1: And they felt great, I go fantastic the rest of us do, but all right, go yeah it was did you throw up? I would have? Mike. I thought about you.
Speaker 4: The whole time, because not only are you just surrounded by like five hundred trees covered in hundreds of apples each. They're also you forget the part where they're all over the ground too, like every other for you about that you were like crunching apples underfoot like every step you take.
Speaker 3: Again, not to exploit your uh you know, atypical kind of like.
Speaker 1: Uh um, let's do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mont so so can you?
Speaker 1: So you you can't go? You can't go? Or no, I will go to the apple orchard. God, because if if, if the apples weren't just saying put in the trees maybe, but it is all the ground walk around and start jumping up a buttole yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know India Jones or he like looks in the pace like snakes.
Speaker 4: Trying to figure this out with Mike. So, Mike, I've heard things that you are very averse to. Would you rather go to an apple orchard with me and taste test every type of apple for like hours? Or go skydiving with me?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, there's an option of like, well, I could jump out of a plane to avoid the apples.
Speaker 1: I probably skydive.
Speaker 4: Apples and jumping out of a plane.
Speaker 1: Apparently, I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: But that's honestly such an indictment, right, like that is if that's not evident of how true and real true? Ye?
Speaker 1: Like, oh god, that's why I feel bad.
Speaker 4: Do you remember I was planning a bit where it was like an SGF or a Game Awards a few years ago. I almost had a Kenney Omega is almost gonna swing by, but he couldn't make it schedule wise, And I was like, Mike, can you Omega is your favorite wrestler? Can we do a bit where Kenny Omega like brings in a fruit platter for you? And He's like, no, absolutely not. That's when I realized how real it was.
Speaker 2: He's like, we can't bit this, yeah, just like you can't take bits and bites out of apples because there gross. Uh, we got a little housekeeping to do here. Uh, Jeffery, you are you good to talk about some of this? Chuck wants us to talk about some stuff with the news site everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the whole thing here, Okay, premium site bit is still happening. If your premium member get over to Enormous Explosive dot com. Uh that you know, that's a good reason kind of join us and help us out and build what what you want the new site to be. We are still welcoming feedback. There's a lot of people using that every day. It's very helpful. Thanks to everyone who has done that. Also, we're gonna keep putting out calls for helps for aid for the Wiki Street Team. I'm just gonna read what it says here. The wiki needs your help. Programmers, editors, testers, join hashtag wikidash Street Dash Team in Discord. There's a channel in there. If you don't see it, just ask one of the mods for help with that. They'll get you put in there. And really we're trying to crowdsource this as much as possible to really save this thing. So if you have any sort of love for the Wiki Street Team, if you are, if you're possessing any of these abilities, or you know anyone who does, let us know. Let's try to do our best to keep make that happen. You also go to BombCast dot com slash wiki and that will give you the code repo. I believe that they're storing there. Beyond that, Mike, I think that's it for the new site stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chuck, you know made a calculators like Yeah, Chuck, Chuck meets top with that everybody, So you know, saving the Discord again. That's hashtag wiki street Desh Team in the Discord or BombCast dot com slash wiki. If you're a program or editor, tester, if you think you can help in any way, if you're sure you can help, just go check it out.
Speaker 1: See if you can do. Chuck needs our help. Damn it help.
Speaker 4: Chuck dot com.
Speaker 3: And that's not to say that there hasn't been an outpouring of support already. Thank you to each and every one of you who has taken the time to get in touch. It means a lot. We've made tons of progress with the wiki. We still have more to do with every intention on preserving it, don't worry about that, but yes, we still need some help as we close in on the relaunch of this website.
Speaker 1: Very exciting. Yeah, the people out there that are we doing that work would just love to see even more people joining because it would just kind of reinforce the work that they've done. So thanks everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of stuff coming together. I mean, this is our last show before we do the bombas on.
Speaker 1: Right, and that's crazy. So that's that's this weekend.
Speaker 4: Some plans have really been coming together. We might have had a two and a half hour meeting yesterday where we already had to run a show set up, and then we have all sorts of incentives and segments and stuff that is very fun, greb, Can we tell them about the Can we tell them about the thing we were talking about the shuffle?
Speaker 1: I think people start thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah I do too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we were talking Dan about a bunch of fun ideas for this, and we're going back and forth, and I think at one moment you mentioned like Bishawk and the Shuffler, that that Bishok can do at Bishok as an emulator. Basically, the idea is at two am, Look, we play a lot of bad games on this site. I'm looking for people's most out there games, games that are an assault on the senses. And if you want to, you can submit this and make us play it by We're gonna have an incentive where if you donate a certain amount, we'll get all the details later, but you can suggest a game for the two am Nightmare Shuffler during the bomba Thon and I will put it into the playlist and that every like thirty seconds to a minute and a half somewhere in that range. It's gonna switch from one game to the next with no warning, and suddenly you're just gonna be playing whatever crazy stuff you want to put in there.
Speaker 4: Now, we're gonna pass the controller when it's we're gonna be that's right.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna passing the controller back and forth. It's gonna be chaos and we're probably gonna keep going for a while with that. So the more games the better.
Speaker 4: I mean, take Tuesday off work, folks, stay up playing with us. We had to do a Monday night for this thing. We know it's weird timing, but take Tuesday off. It's gonna be a long fun stream. Also trying to make sure like the Nightmare shovel stuff and everything, a bunch of the whackiar stuff is the late night loopy hours. So it's gonna be a fun time for sure.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun stuff planned and yeah, you know programming. Note this is next week, starting Monday night, I believe at eight pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: This is when Nope, nope, did you do that?
Speaker 5: That's what's in my calendar, dude, what do you mean do that? It's on Mike it's right on the dock.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at my calendar.
Speaker 3: Monday, October twenty seven, starting at five pm.
Speaker 1: That's what I got to.
Speaker 3: Fives look like Gates, I get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's when it starts. Yeah, it goes for like twenty four hours. So this is gonna be our promo for it start.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I know I have to fly there. Take all what do you you batting? Averaging? Perfect on that either listen.
Speaker 3: If you can't take off work on Tuesday, quit your job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's important, damn it.
Speaker 4: Chad does say? Can you write us something we can send to our bosses? Can we make a note that we can just post to the to the our blue shot and people can print it out and give it to their bosses.
Speaker 1: I make my dad sign it. He'll love that to stand by that, right, Yeah, I know you're right. Prescription pack Yeah, is that still a thing? Our blue prescription pads? I think it's all digital. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's always been straight to pharmacy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Of course, next week there is going to be some you know, like Wednesday, Thursday. Don't expect anything. We're gonna be in New York. We're gonna be flying home Friday. I might do something. It's Halloween, so I'm by myself. Might do a little Halloween stream, but nothing big. Yeah, next week is really all about the obambathon. Will make me some other fun stuff well where there may be that we'll post later, but yeah, it's a big deal. You know, I see some people asking this is a drive for us, wait to get some support, get some subscriptions for Giant Bomb Premium. If you're already subscribed to Giant Bob Premium, there are going to be other ways for you to monetarily support us. So we have a lot of fun stuff planned.
Speaker 4: And some of the incentives are really cool and that they will allow us to do some bigger things that you know, we would not be able to do without this drive and the support. So you'll see the incentive list once we get go in. But there's some very very fun possibilities there.
Speaker 3: And also we've you know, we haven't really talked a lot about like where we're doing it and all that stuff, but I just want to say, like next week you also start to be the start of like a couple of new partnerships that we're very excited about that. We've been working on for like months and months and months. It's going to be sick. I'm very excited. There's a lot of new opportunity that's going to come along with this.
Speaker 4: So things are moving here. We've got somethings are on. It's because it's real good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's gonna be merch rich as well, mrch as well, let's not it for the year. We are still going to do an Next Life. I don't think that this is the only, you know, marathon thing we're doing, or that we're not doing the charity thing because we're doing this.
Speaker 4: That was part of what we're playing yesterday too, is getting the flights together and everything for folks coming out here doing a nice long marathon extra live stream. That's gonna be great. Someone in Chad says, are you guys doing anything with Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection? Stay tuned next week? Stay tuned, Yeah, stay tuned, and something that's very much on my radar. So yeah, yeah, I'm excited. I'm just very excited about Like, that was a long meeting yesterday. I remember leaving that and just being like, hell, yeah, I am excited about so many different things right now here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can all shut up about mugs. Absolutely not. Uh all right, anything else anybody before we get into game, any question about the apple or mic gosh, I just what's the point? I don't care.
Speaker 4: What's the point?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Like quaint and nice it is?
Speaker 1: I guess. I guess I like going to a pumpkin patch. I get that, but that doesn't apples.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: He would like cider? No, I've I know what cider tastes like, so good a problem.
Speaker 5: He likes the juice of it all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd rather drink a glass of cider than eat an apple.
Speaker 5: Clearly because it is the juice coming out, like the juice coming out of the crunch seems like a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that don't both together to be optimately bad.
Speaker 4: That's that's why I was thinking of you every time I stepped on an apple, because it's like that crunch that pop. I was like, oh that, I I con feel like shipper from across the country.
Speaker 1: Now. I mean the most the most easy, the most easily consumablepple thing is like the dried apple chip. If I had to do that, I could do that because it was pretty much it turns into an apple.
Speaker 2: There's none of the texture, there's none of the juice. It gets rid of a lot of the problems to gross skin.
Speaker 5: He's consistent at least, he just doesn't like the consistency of fruit.
Speaker 4: So is like, Okay, I don't know if you're like a jolly rancher guy or anything, but like like apple flavored candies, does that do anything?
Speaker 1: Even that does really taste like apple?
Speaker 2: Yea, Even then I don't like the apples like the app that's probably association at this point. Yeah, I thought it was a ton of bullshit. When skittles were replaced green lime with green apple.
Speaker 4: I was all for that change because green apple is one of my favorite candy flavors. And then they went back to lime, like coww Yeah, I love the green apple era.
Speaker 1: I was with you, and I was like, I was like, I don't ever need lineback. And then they brought line back and I was like, oh wait, actually this is better.
Speaker 4: Ones. The lemon, the lime, and the orange are the boring skittles. They're good, I mean, they're skittles, but like, give me some purple is the best? Yeah, red, then purple, then yellow, than orange than lime. Apples that jumps up purple the flavor colors. Yeah, absolutely, Purple is the best fake fruit flavor by far. I think red. They don't have grape, they don't have fave purple. Fave reds.
Speaker 1: About We're gonna have joy.
Speaker 4: Lives back our.
Speaker 1: Lowest tier trash candy imaginable. I have a chocolate from the dude. No, Skittles are.
Speaker 4: Low tier trash candy. The two most iconic candies.
Speaker 1: Ever garbage garbage tear.
Speaker 3: Don't be smirch this holiday season with your fucking nonsense that nobody wants in their trick or treat bags. You know what they want first? They want Snickers. Clickers is the best chocolate based exactly what are you been talking about?
Speaker 1: Then? What are we even?
Speaker 4: Snickers and Skills and Tarbets are better than Snickers. Snickers is number three, though, Sean, the best chocolate picks candy.
Speaker 5: I would like to give away from the candy discussion just to save this podcast. Okay, okay, talking about Jet's pizza, but I guess we want to talk about.
Speaker 1: You've got the floor. Wait better come correct, Sean, swear to God?
Speaker 5: All right, all right, all right? So I was having dinner with my mom and I was like, okay, let's let's order this pizza. So we didn't get a ton so we got like a small Detroit deep dish corner or corner. No dance is small.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight corners.
Speaker 4: Corner is like four corner Yeah, okay, okay, okay yeah corner corners all right, yeah yeah, yeah, the corners were had. We got the turbo sticks and we got these cinnamon sticks that we got, you know, turbos stick.
Speaker 1: Crazy bread.
Speaker 5: Good news is Turbo sticks god like, like probably the best cheesy bread breadsticks things I've ever had from a pizza placed. I did realize it didn't come with any dipping sauce because I like marinara while I'm dipping breadsticks. Turbo sticks is incredible. Okay, I'll have to I'll have to try that next time. The pizza it was really good. I think you guys oversaw it a little bit like it's it's really good pizza, especially when you consider that Jets is like a chain.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that, Yeah, well, I think I'm always couching it. Like I'm not saying that it's going to be the most gourmet Michelin star stuff but like compared to any other chain.
Speaker 4: I think that's the thing I put it up next to. You know, you're compared to a pizza hut, a Domino's, those types of definitely here of that. But also you're in Wisconsin. What do they know about cheese?
Speaker 5: You're not going to get.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's nothing here. I have a ton of Europeans who.
Speaker 1: Football team is literally named after packing meat. That's an insane thing on their heads.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sits in between, It sits in between. It's it's definitely a step up from like Domino's and Papa Jack and stuff and like that. Stuffs getting so expensive that like Jets was roughly the same price anyway, So yeah, Jets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like like said, it is not you know, you go to a restaurant or a gourmet pizza thing, that is a different type of thing. But if you're just ordering a pizza for you're watching football game or restling, paper view or something like, this is like the top tier of that type of pizza.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do still prefer the local place because it's it's also around that price there they have thankfully kept it low, but Jets, you know, just as solid. I'm reporting in. I do like the Jets guys were not off the mark.
Speaker 1: Are there any out near me?
Speaker 4: I wasn't even aware of it.
Speaker 1: There's some in New York, there's some in the city, there's one in one in Brooklyn. There's a couple of they. So they sell by the s I think every Jets location sells by the slice. So if you want to go in there and try to try their big slices, yeah, like they're fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah it sounds it sounds pretty good. But I think we need to jet away from this conversation and talking about.
Speaker 1: Your video games. Whoa you had me? All right, you guys were talking them up that pizza. How about you beat them up instead?
Speaker 5: No, what to do with.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: It's a main up port? What do I got for Absolum?
Speaker 3: I think that barbecue joke ruined your lifeting.
Speaker 1: That's it. You are brain broken.
Speaker 2: I've completed a run in Absolum. Now, Dan and Grub have been, uh you just doing test runs for your This is the run I.
Speaker 1: Think we did.
Speaker 4: I think we aired those. But yeah, we've just been kind of testing the tank and we test, you know, making sure we can connect and everything. Yeah, it's looking good. Well, we will do a run.
Speaker 1: Such based on what we've tested, though, Holy crap, that's a good game.
Speaker 2: That game, it's awesome y for people don't know. This is the the new beat them Up published by dot emu, and it.
Speaker 1: Is basically what if what if Hades was a beat them up instead of the kind of top down action game thing. Uh, And it has two player co op and it is really good. It's very pretty. That beat them Up mechanics are fantastic. U.
Speaker 2: Some of the people who worked on Streets of h four involved here, so you know, there's a lot of that vibe to it. But yeah, like the progression is very hades and that you get a lot of permanent things between runs, and then during the runs you essentially get boons that power you up in different ways and different resources and other things, uh meeting here too. There's a lot of branching pass also, so there's kind of a nice exploration aspect to it too.
Speaker 4: And we see something yeah, yeah, we've seen stuff whe it's like, oh, you need a key to go up to this island, and it's like, okay, I'm sure at some point during one of these fasts we'll get a key and then on the next run, we'll go up here. Like I'm curious because like, I'm having so much fun doing a co op. This is ideal to me. But Mike, have you been doing solo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've just been doing a solo and it's still solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still very good. I mean any fun co op for sure, But I don't feel like, oh, I'm like having some kind of lesser experience or some kind of experience because of that, or a harder experience, even like it's pretty good difficulty.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons I'm really loving it is because like that genre of just that side scrolling beat them up, you know, Streets Raide, Final Fight, you know, the Simpsons Arcade, Turtle's Arcade, all that stuff. Like I loved those games so much growing up and playing them in arcades and bowling alleys and stuff. And then it was once they started coming out on Xbox Live Arcade and stuff, where it's like, you know, obviously you can just infinitely hit quarters and stuff like that. So when it removes that kind of challenge factor and like to get yeah, the magic's kind of gone and it does just kind of boil down, like, oh, this is very simplistic especially like the Simpsons Arcade game, which is one of my favorites. It's like, boy, there's not a whole lot going on there outside Simpsons of it all. So this being like, okay, this is that type of gameplay, but with some really fleshed out stuff and bringing in you know, roguelike mechanics and stuff like that's this is doing it for me in a major way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beat them upse have definitely had their renaissance. I was when they went away. I was glad. I'm like, these things are they don't make sense in modern gaming coming home on a console and trying to play through this because of what you said, Dan, And so when it when when the resurgence did start to hap happened with? Uh? I guess Mike? What was like the early first one.
Speaker 4: A Castle Crashers. I means going all the way back then.
Speaker 2: Castle Crashers is the start of it for me. Some people would say that Scott Silver game, which I didn't care but.
Speaker 1: Deftly part of that. Yeah, and then it's I think for a while there everyone's like, well, Castle Crashers did it, We're not going to necessarily be able to do with that what they did, and then we, you know, we get that string of really great ones sort of culminating in streets Rage form. For me, it's like, oh, you could do so much more with just a little bit more complexity to the combat. And now like, this is the team that did the combat for streets Rage four or Guard Advanced, Guard Blocks, guard Break, I think that might be Guard Break, Yeah, and it's like, okay, yeah, so they once they got that down and it was like, oh, this just beating people up in the beat him up should be the funnest thing you're doing in the game. Now we could just start layering stuff on top. And now we're at a point where it's like, Okay, we've learned a lot from all these other Rogue Light games. Mash these things together and it just works. And I think Mike you were saying, like it's not going to feel super different run from running the way that Hades always does, because you are getting like the same weapons, but like some of the boons, like I got the rocket Dwarf and I'm just sitting there blasted back and forth and kind of learning how to use it and realizing that he's using his gun to like basically do a triple jump in the air and it throws him across the level. But if I do a triple jump upward, he's shooting his gun down, so I can kind of attack that way. Or if I rock at dwarf into an enemy, I immediately hit them and I could start attacking them. So like, I had all these options available to me, and it's like that was an awesome build and never expected it, and I'm like, oh, I can't wait to go again. You unlock more stuff that does help runs feel a bit different, Like you kind of unlock different sort of categories of boons eventually, Like at first it's basically just like fire electricity. Then you get win ones.
Speaker 2: I have Necromancy ones that will kind of spawn skeleton minions for a little bit based on things that I do right. And then you do unlock more characters, just four that you get in total, but you know they're all pretty different as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're mentioning the runs we're doing.
Speaker 1: You're familiar with. This is the run.
Speaker 4: We have brought it back with this game, and we're trying. I think we've done it every weekday since we announced it was back. So we will do a run today. Grub I assume you're good form rid this evening, maybe like maybe like five ish. Your time five is eastern yep, yeah, so we will do that.
Speaker 1: Tune in.
Speaker 4: We're doing a thing there where it's like everyone can watch free live on twitch and YouTube, and then the archive of these test runs if we don't beat it go up on the website. So tune in live for free. If you're premium sub, you can go back and watch all the VODs.
Speaker 2: I was amused to see Jeff. I was like, hey, you should talk to that training lady in your camp to teach you things. And then like I see, so I was like, hey, Mike said we should.
Speaker 4: Talk to that person.
Speaker 1: I think. I was like, well, let's not do that.
Speaker 4: It's me and him.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: I did look for the previous time and she wasn't there. So it's like when when it didn't happen in that moment, I'm like, it's probably never happening. What did happen? Said? Mike told me about this that, like, just let me ask you this. Do you guys know what a clash is?
Speaker 4: Is that when the little sprinkle when you do the dash forward? Nope, group, should we check that out? I have had an idea maybe we should check that out.
Speaker 1: All right, Dan, I like it.
Speaker 2: Let's yeah, all right, fantastic, but uh yeah. I mean, it's been an incredible year for roguelikes. You'd almost think it'd be too much. There's so many of these popping off, and yet I'm still actually not sick of it yet. Dan, You've been playing a ton of them, including this one. I want to hear about.
Speaker 1: Ball x pits. I don't know if it's ball cross pit, if it's just ballit.
Speaker 4: I think people say it's just ballpit. I thinka let's just we'll just say ballpit.
Speaker 5: It's not exits a cross you don't pronounce crosses.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go. So yeah, Ballpit's another one these. It seems to be popping off pretty good, Dan, How are you finding it?
Speaker 4: It's really good. I don't think I love everything it's doing, but I love most of what it's doing. And like the core game is you've probably seen, you're just kind of going up. It's almost like Shmump style, you know, and it's not full bullet hell or anything, but you are dodging a lot of projectiles and stuff like that. But instead of like you know, Galagas style or schmup enemies. It is blocks, so it's almost a bit of like a breakout arcanoid situation, and you are a character that, like I always turn on auto fire. I don't know if anyone else have been playing this, but like, I don't even know why I would ever turn Like some say, if you turn off auto fire, you can move quicker, but I have not felt the need to do that. So if you have it on, you're just constantly shooting, and you've got like eight slots, you know, the way like in a in a Vampire Survivors or feel like there's another one I'm playing where it's like you have a certain amount of slots for balls, and when you start, you have your characters like baseball, like okay, this one has it's a fireball or a bleed ball or something like that, and then the rest are baby balls, which I hate how much I have to say baby balls when I'm discussing this game, but they do some baby balls constantly in this game. So as you level up, you get to pick things to replace the baby balls with, like okay, a poison ball, a freeze ball, and then like Vampire Survivors, you can fuse them, you can evolve them, like certain ones confuse with others, and you can really do some fucked up things where it's like, okay, now my freeze and my poison combined, and then I fuse that with a horizontal laser one. And so this ball every time you're shooting out a horizontal laser and poisoning and freezing everything it touches. And then you can get all these perks and stuff where it's like, okay, the ball launches at seventy percent speed, but every time it bounces it gains like twenty percent speed. So there's all these different ways you can kind of go at it. For a game that's basically just shooting balls at blocks that are moving down the screen, Like, there's a crazy amount of variety, and all the different characters are cool, Like one of them is a set of like I don't know, or twins, or it's like this like weird spooky guy and weird spooky lady, and then like they shoot opposites, so if you move one left, the other shoots right. But cool, dam so, Like there's a lot of different ways to play. The thing that I'm not as hot on is in between the runs, you know, like I love in Hades. When you finish run, you go back and like all the hub stuff and the incantations and talking to the characters and all that stuff. Like Hades has maybe the best in between run of any Rogue Light I've ever played, probably, and so compared to that, it's pretty weak. It's this, like it looks cool. It's this like kind of base building thing where you're kind of clearing out land, like this farm land you're kind of clearing out and you're building structures and so like, oh, this structure will unlock this character once it's built. This one is a wheat field and every time you go over it you get wheat and there's like currencies in a wood stone stuff like that. So it's just kind of like pinball type thing. But it's not super engaging, Like it's pretty easy to just be like, all right, I'll just I need wheat, so I'm going to range it so you know, the wheat fields are blocked off here, and it's just gonna bounce back in Worth real quick and get a bunch of weed. That part's not super fun to me. It is just the runs themselves I think are great. So there's a lot there considering how simple the core gameplay would appear. Definitely gonna keep playing it. But yeah, it's the town building stuff is the weak part, but the rest is very, very fun.
Speaker 5: I would say, Yeah, I didn't get a chance I actually play much of it, but I did fire it up the other day and at least a run and got to bass building stuff. And when I fired up, I thought like, oh cool, this will be like a little arcady thing where you just keep doing the runs. It's like Vampire Survivors, where it's just that's it, that's the game. And you know, I think it's fun enough that I could see myself putting some time into it. Then we got to the bass building. It was such a brick wall for me of oh, I'm gonna go play something else right now, come back, like, I do not want to engage with this when the other half of the gameplay is like, you know, fast paced arcadie stuff. May maybe they thought it would be a good way to like calm down at the end of a really intense run or something, but to me it kind of reads as we need something else in here to elongate the gameplay time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like you know, like imagine a Vampire Survivors if you had to do kind of a half baked thing in between every run. Like part of the beauty of Vampire Survivors to me is just how just simple it is, like how elegance and simplicity. And I didn't need that thing in between the runs, Like not every rogue Light needs that. So if it's not gonna be like a Hades thing which really thought out and fleshed out and everything, I don't like it that much. And that's the case here.
Speaker 2: You gotta love roguelikes because they always got you replaying them, just like grub is checking out Yuka replay Lee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you play the original Yuka lately at all? Uh? Jeff, I played it. I played it enough to find out that I didn't think it had the juice I thought. I remember being like, hmm, this game just feels absent, like there's just not a lot of spark here when I'm playing it, and so I put it down pretty quickly and pretty disappointed because I was looking forward to it. And that's so that's your experience to all, Dan.
Speaker 4: So, because we both loved three D platformers and everything, I remember like that was one of the first very high profile like Kickstarter games, as there are so many.
Speaker 1: Of the people who were actually involved that rare.
Speaker 4: Right, I think they've got and everything and they have all these rare people and it's like, oh man, that sounds perfect. I would love Like I was so ready for like three D platform er stuff, some sort of a resurgence, and yeah, I felt the same way Groboard. It's like I loaded it up and it's like, okay, on its surface, a lot of this like sure, this looks like rare characters, they're talking like rare characters. But there's just kind of an emptiness or a coldness to the actual gameplay that I bounced off very quickly originally, So I was I went.
Speaker 1: Into this You Could Replay League specifically to investigate if that had changed at all, because I think the talk for this game was this will be a chance for us to sort of address some of the criticisms and make some improvements. And I'll say, the thing that I think I noticed is that there is more like, uh, very quickly you are encountering more challenges and more of the page's which I think are there are the primary pet you know, thing that you're game. Yes, their star. Yeah, seems like there's more of those, so that was already an improvement, and yet it's like maybe fifteen percent more juice like there is. This is definitely better. It's just it's it's not like Night and Day better. I think that's where I kind of ended up with it, how about you, Dan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't play that much of it, but like initially, I think I'm liking it more than the first time around. Like I like the look of it, like it just looks like it made there. Yeah, yeah, totally. So it's like it is something that is on my list of stuff to play, but like and with everything out right now, it is so far down on the list. So yeah, maybe I get to it in February or March or something like that. But you know, played a little bit did not grab me enough to keep it going, even though I love that genre so much and I would love to see more rare like platformers. But I think I like the Donkey Kong country style one more. That made that two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear that a lot of people the possible fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one's a lot better, I think. Yeah, So I'll get back to.
Speaker 1: It though, Yeah, I think, I'll, I'll play this a little bit more. I'll. The other thing is it does get started quick more quickly. You don't have to unlock all of your moves, you just have them from the beginning, or you get them very quickly at the very least, like within the first half hour, half an hour, and that immediately makes the game feel a little bit better because it's like, Okay, now I'm encountering challenges where I can use the role move and sort of roll on a slant and not worry about falling down, and that just feels good. It doesn't feel as good as a lot of other like three D platforms that are kind of in its same space, like that Big Hop game. I think, just immediately use so much better.
Speaker 4: Than Yes, But what's the other one? The demon? It's a demon's taking, yeah, and then that's the person that's making as well.
Speaker 1: Right, is got more going on than this? But this is not bad. It's just like, you know, I don't necessarily know how you translate banjo because we sort of like plotting, run animation and stuff like that. I think I think what made Banjo KAZUOI work was it was a really good looking in sixty four game that did seem like I had a lot of love put into the characters charming and yeah, like in over the top like visual aesthetics that kind of complement to that and brought it into a charming zone. Here, it's like it's a little bit harder to pull that off these days, and if you're kind of just being a standard three D platformer with standard three D platforming visuals, which again they are better here. Uh, it's not as like aesthetically like interesting as something like a demon s Turf which has that like two D cutout character style and stuff like that. Yes, Uh, Yuka's the the lizard and lately is the bat? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Were we all bracing? I noticed we all were bracing. Did we think he was going to try really hamphis See?
Speaker 1: It was just a question because like the bat is just kind of hanging on there. Maybe second butter of as well, like some kind of parasite. And speaking of parasites, I was checking.
Speaker 4: Out Don't go Anywhere again so much.
Speaker 1: Hey, this this has been a big one on my back law for a while. This is a PS one game from the Squaresoft's era of just releasing Banger after bangor uh since I know, oh this game holds up. It's so freaking cool because it's good. It really is this weird combination of Square Enix out their peak or Squareesoft really back then of just like oh, their games look really pretty.
Speaker 2: They have all these insane uh FMVs. There's just incredible production values. Shim Moor is doing the soundtracks, so the soundtrack is just incredible. So foring it, it's like some of the best stuff you will hear.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then it's got a lot of you know, Resident Evil survival horror influence, with things like a lot of the pre rendered backgrounds off the Square was doing that as well.
Speaker 2: It's some of the survival horror mechanics. But it's not like you know, a tank control you know, aim and shoot zombies kind of game. The combat is.
Speaker 1: Kind of turn basis. It's real time turn based. You have an at B bar kind of like in those Final Fantas games, and every time, you know, while it's filling up, you do run around and you're dodging attacks, and once it filled up, you push the button and the sphere kind of expands from you and anything within that sphere's influence. You can then attack with your gun, so it's yeah.
Speaker 5: All offense, offenses turn base, but then defense is like hell active, it's real time.
Speaker 1: Now, it's really cool systems.
Speaker 4: So I'm curious because I remember, I think I was working in a funkal land when that came out, and we're looking at that box and reading about it and be like, Okay, people seem to like this game and it looks cool, like it looked like like it was certain kind of modern times.
Speaker 1: And right it's just in New York City Christmas Eve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think the reason I never checked it out was I saw it was square, and I just associated square with like, oh, okay, they make those games I don't like. So do you think if I were to play it even like now, like, do you think I would enjoy it? Or is it too square?
Speaker 2: I think unless you were like like really upset about the idea of laying for a bar to fill up to have to shoot people, right, yeah, I think you'd be fine if you like like original style Resident Evil games, because the pacing is yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely it's more like what if they made a Residentavil RPG rather than a Squaresoft like horror game.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, yeah, and I even like that even the magic system, like you have abilities and it uses something kind of like MP, but it also is refilling constantly, so you have to take like a man of potion, so you can kind of just you know, use those abilities relatively frequently and not have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Ifact at least early on, when maybe my criticisms that the game is a little easy because one of the abilities you have is a healing spell and your MP is constantly recharging, so it's like, wow, I could just heel myself basically infinitely, So unless I'm really messing up, your things are going to be fine. But again, it's okay because just the vibes and the aesthetic of the game is absolutely prop but like even just like it's such a PS one game, right, even when you're in the car, and just the weird way they're framing these three D models in a car that is a pre rendered background and behind it is this animated loop of a city scape. I'm like, oh, I could just stare at this for hours. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's the same people who did f F seven, By the way, it looks sometimes.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, but I love that look. Like, I don't know why I associate it with like Vagrant story of like similar. Oh yeah, we're like I would be curious about Like, okay, it sounds like they're doing something different than just kind of like the turn based battles, you know, so I was like curious about them.
Speaker 2: I think Vaga story has like the same kind of expanding sphere things. Yeah, very similar.
Speaker 4: I think I want to play Parasita.
Speaker 5: I think I should. Mike you said, this is your first time ever checking it out.
Speaker 1: First time ever playing a moment of it.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's awesome. It's been a huge I also had it on my backlog forever and checked out for the first time last year for Christmas because its a you know, it's a little made diehardy, but like it takes place during Christmas and so it kind of has those vibes, especially in the beginning. And yeah, it totally holds up, especially because it is such a unique combination of that turn based and real time. It's just really fun. And uh, you know, last night, as I was fall asleep, I pulled up a six hour Shawn Johnson video as you know, as one does, and here's the part in the square Enix one where he talks about parasite. Even I'm like just looking at Yeah.
Speaker 4: This holds up.
Speaker 5: It's so good. It looks so cool, it's fun to play, it's gotten, you know, compelling enough story like it's solid. I like you a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the translation is pretty good. I did laugh at like one part. I don't know if this is the original right now of the translation. But they're going to a museum. We got to meet this scientist third. You know your play as cops right, you're in the NYPD had to meet the scientist third at the museum and she's like, what is a guy with a PhD doing working at a museum? It's like chat, that's very that's a very normal thing. Yeah, that's really people normally do. Yeah, there is also something about horror game setting Christmas. It's like I can play this on October, November or December.
Speaker 4: That's great. Run in play sdio games. It'll run in May if.
Speaker 1: I get that. Get that out of here. But yeah, if you've been curious about this game forever like I have, I think it's just absolutely still worth checking out. I'm curious about the sequels. Apparently the sequel is much more traditional Survival Horror, and it's still very good, but it's kind of like a bit of a shame that it lost some of the uniqueness. Then there's that weird third one for the PS two that nobody seems to like, and I'm kind of curious what happened there with that one. But that is enough about Parasite Eve. I'm gonna I don't really have a good transition step no no, no, no, really stealthily move over to this next game, almost as if some kind of some kind of Ninja, which makes me think.
Speaker 4: It's the least stealthy game ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can push why person's unsuspecting and.
Speaker 4: You can't assassinate.
Speaker 1: It is like the least stealthy Ninja series, and I respect that about that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, not very stealthy. They just got in four. Uh it's now. I played a couple hours of it yesterday. Sean's been checking out Dan. I think you've been playing maybe the most of it.
Speaker 4: I think I'm probably well over halfway.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. It turns out I'm really nostalgic for that, like PS two era Devil May Cry, moving into like the three sixty Bay and Netta like that, we used to call it stylish action genre again in format and like that. I love that shit. And like nowadays, I feel like we still get a lot of you know, third person action games, but it's very much in the From like that is what's kind of in vogue now. And I have a lot of respect for the From style of you know, an action game. I respect them more than I enjoy them, Whereas I really love playing this style of like you know, this, I'm it brings me back to those type becames like fucking Ninja Blade and stuff like that on the three six, you know, even like the kind of like B tier ones like this is. I'm not saying this is a B tier one, but it reminds me of that. It is so fucking fat. It's Backler. I've been thinking about something you said about this game when we were playing a week or two ago. You compared it to another series, and now I can't stop thinking about that. Do you want to tell people what you told me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just Sonic it indeed, But you know what I mean right like I do.
Speaker 4: Because it's like you were just in Sonic You're just kind of flinging around doing stuff and like weird music's playing. This one is like you're just zip zapping all over the screen, chopping head since it's like a more violent sonic, but it's got that kind of music that toned to it and everything. God, I think Backler's right. This is kind of the sonic of action games.
Speaker 1: It's just it's violent sonic.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god, someone push a Yeah, I guess sure, someone puts sonic in a gee and now he's just like swords and now he's just fucking fools up and chopping their heads off.
Speaker 4: And you're rail grinding and like and you've got like a glider and you're flying around the sky and yeah.
Speaker 3: And a lot of the early parts are sort of just like hanging out on like gigantic elevating platforms to like the next area. It's just the sonic game, folks, you know what.
Speaker 4: I fucking okay. This was after my heart right away, because like I was going the options first, and some of the options were like, do you want to enable emphasized dismemberment please defaulted of that and also defaulted enable blood bath kill camera. I was like, yes, I'm listening. It's like very excited about this, and then it starts. There's not even a fucking cut scene. There's not a line of dialogue. It starts and you were on a moving train dudes with guns and you chop up their bodies and then their body parts stay on the train, and as the train moves, their body parts are like sliding around and stuff.
Speaker 3: This is my fantastic It's definitely funny. It's a fun game for sure. I think for me, you know, obviously you really dig it. I like, I can only handle so much of something like this because after a while I'm just like, oh, cool, out of the gate you unlock I don't know seventy three different combos you get.
Speaker 4: You're like mine though, Mackler, we probably got the same code. That was like, we got a ton of currency, even.
Speaker 1: Even what you don't do that. Yeah, it was reclaiming that and I even did say, like, boy, it is a lot to keep track of it.
Speaker 4: It's a lot, a lot because ever you get multiple weapons and each one of them has this like is it the blood Raven mode where you can hold LT so I actually love this system, but it is a lot where you can hold in LT if you have meter to kind of like you get kind of red and glowy and you can do these like kind of stronger attacks and it opens up a whole new like suite of attacks for your weapons. Like your katana has all these combos, but if you're in blood Raven mode, it does these combos and then you start unlocking more weapons and they all have the blood Raven mode, so like, yeah, back, you're right. It's like I have to go into that list a lot and be like, oh, right, I can do that thing where I hold in LT for blood Raven. Then I do RB and A, which will make me po go up on my bloody sword, and then yes, but it's like way taller, and then you can do different O X and Y, which which one does the sweep, which one is the single attack? Like it's it is a lot. You kind of got to find your favorite moves and stick with that.
Speaker 1: And lean into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's combo barf right. There's just like so much that you that you have at your disposal that me personally, I'm sort of like, man, I really wish like there was maybe a fifth of these combos available and I would really master them into like a super cool choreographed kind of ballet of death and exactly, and I'm just like not able to like do that. I'm not able to like very quickly i lose the thread and I'm just spamming buttons and I'm like, I'm still doing cool shit. I'm still dodging. I'm still being a fancy murder boy. But like, I don't I don't feel like I'm really controlling this guy where I want to be.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I see that's interesting because I think that's the sign of good action game is they said, you're still having fun with it, do just kind of pressing bunds and cool stuff happens because this game, what you just described, that's what makes a cater to both you guys and the action game siccos like me because I'm the kind of guy who when they gave me training mode, I hop in training mode for half an hour to see how long can I make these as how high laing. I'm labbing the game so I can convert into a tough currency, get even more moves, and keep my combos going even longer, so that way, when I do enter combat, it's just a chain of me rolling around, sliding, you know, jumping, off the walls, grapple hooking, and maybe not even getting hit during the combat, just because I'm doing so much for these enemies.
Speaker 1: It's kind of applying a couple of things that work for you, Like I am still doing the Azuna drop Like.
Speaker 4: Yes, every battle, I jump in, flying swallow you do the thing. We're gon do it three times. Yes, I'm doing to drop you like guidance.
Speaker 5: That's what Ninja guy in his always you only need those two moves, but those are stuff if you want it.
Speaker 4: You know, for some reason, never seems to do anything, but it looks cool.
Speaker 1: What a pointless thing.
Speaker 5: That's the thing because it allows you to add damage to the board while you're moving, and with your enemies it will stagger them, so the dudes with a gun don't shoot you.
Speaker 1: It's sonic and it's pinball. It's both the I want to say that.
Speaker 4: What Shron is describing as something that I think very few games can do, and I love it when they do, where it's like sole Caliber to me is the ultimate of this where it's like you can jump in, you can hit buttons, and it's look cool. You're gonna have a fun fucking time. You don't need to know anything. Yeah, but I was the sick of soul caliber that I went into training with every fucking character and learned everybody's moves, and it can be really rewarding on that front. So it's like, I do think that, like having this many combos and stuff isn't necessarily a bad thing, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know the it's funny you say that, Dan, I was thinking that this weekend with a different game, because I just picked up Ninja Guy last night when I came out. But over the weekend, you know, I've doused at Agaki song. All right, pe we lost the last week, I fired up Dead or Alive on my three sixty all the Dead or Alive games and thinking to myself, that's the Koe Techmo legacy there, because Dead or Alive is so easy to hop into, press some buns and he like a three hit auto combo, or you can extend it. Really you do, like the wall bounce stuff and all of that. That's what makes this feel like it's in that legacy of the Ninja Guy in games, you know, the three D games and Koe Techmo and everything they're doing. Despite the fact that it is made by Platinum because you know, this is kind of Melecu Rising Tudes.
Speaker 4: I immediately thought of that because like the way you run and kind of like auto parkour over stuff and everything. It's like like the slide under things, like, oh, this feels a lot.
Speaker 1: The most you get that is.
Speaker 2: Like the first Big Boss fight there's he goes into a face transition and then the song that was playing gets lyrics and I'm like.
Speaker 1: This just revengeance. It activated me just like that.
Speaker 5: So for Platinum, Platinum never got the chance to do too, even though they were clearly planning it that weird tgst's and everything, but they just put it into Ninja guy in form got the contract. It's like diverernetic ninjas and everything. Just like Rising. It's all that futurism and like invading like the enemy's.
Speaker 1: Character that you're playing as instead of Red you this new guy. It's very rioting coded.
Speaker 4: He's very sort of like grabbing the gatorade spines like and Rising. You're doing the obliteration moves which you can hit why or hold why. At a certain point you just it does this animation and everything where you're just tearing these fucking dudes apart.
Speaker 5: But you you also get something similar. That's kind of what the blood bath kills are. When you know you're when you're in blood Raven modey, you charge it up and it gets the red. The screen turns black, white and red, very mad world with like Japanese characters on it, and it says you do that over and over and over until they're all dead. Oh yeah, he gets the same feel as doing Zendatsu over and over.
Speaker 4: That blood bath mode. So you got your your blood Raven bar, and then you have the blood Bath bar. I'd probably not call that, but once you fill that up.
Speaker 5: It's Berserk mode. So it's the difference between the blood Binding, which is blood binding you were describing as like blood ravens almost like a stance where you do different moos. That's kind of like the true heavy attack of the game. Because you get armor on the attacks, you may do much more damage, can hit multiple opponents. And then you have the Berserk Gauge, which is like devil trigger.
Speaker 4: When you're in Berserk Gauge, at any point you can hit or I don't know if you hit or hold. I think it's both sticks and it does this. Yeah, you hold it and it'll do this thing where it just does some crazy animation and it's kind of a scream clearing thing. Any like low level enemies will be torn apart. So you get that later I don't care. Maybe maybe that's not right away, but like once you get that, it's like, so you'll activate it the berserk mode type thing, and then if you hold in an attack, you can kill one enemy, a low level enemy with yes, just holding the button. But then if before it runs out, if you do the hold L three and R three thing, that's where it does the kind of screen clearing thing, and god damn it if that doesn't feel awesome every time.
Speaker 2: The one thing like I don't love about the game is the story stuff. But the story has never been anything interesting in these games.
Speaker 1: It's very forgetable.
Speaker 2: No, it's so forgettable. It at least it starts you off right away. But then there is like a bit where it's like, we have to talk to this character for a while. And it's also when the game suddenly looks ugly because the character models close don't look amazing and their mouths are moving like they're still in an Xbox three sixty game.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of that, but I like the look of like those Dinger guid In games, the three d ones, Like they all kind of look like action figures. There's just kind of a plastic quality to a lot of models, and like everything's just kind of everything's just wet and plastic looking, and it's like it's kind of cool. What's with his face, Mike, that's going on?
Speaker 1: Come on, these characters are going to talk about how everything is wet and plastic? Dad at all? Timer, All right, I'm.
Speaker 4: Lost, Yeah talking about what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Mike?
Speaker 1: All the girls in these games have giant big Yeah, what what are you talking about? Like weapons, like like plasticons that what you mean?
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 1: I don't get it. I was like the furry especially like you're gonna go talk to this priestess and I immediately its like, had a picture in my mind of.
Speaker 3: What I expand this character to look like. And you forget what series it's in. Yeah, but it is like, of course, any of you guys, were you like a sickle like me? And you just are like, I wonder what, like the hero difficulty does? No?
Speaker 4: I did that on Ninja guid in Black, the kind of re release of the first one you're talking about with this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not talking that yet. I went in there just to see what was going on. It was it's kind of cool, Like obviously it's incredibly easy and you you can just put your controller down and it'll sort of almost kill everyone for you.
Speaker 1: But I just wanted to.
Speaker 3: I wanted to taste of the of of the Forbidden, you know, I wanted to like get out and see what that was all about. And I don't know, I feel like the game felt easier than I thought it would be in regular mode. I'm sure you know there's puns, you know, parts that lie ahead, but it was still somehow kind of fun.
Speaker 4: Fights are pretty tough. I've die a lot of boss fights and like really chew through items, and like some items are pretty expensive, like I always like to pop the attack boost and the boost, but like those costs like seventy five hundred of your Ninja coin or whatever.
Speaker 2: I did realize pretty quickly though, when you like die during a battle and retry, you get your health back. So if I if I'm going to a battle without much health, don't use healing items.
Speaker 1: Just go in and die and then you can retry and get all your health.
Speaker 4: I'm such a freak with you know, because like you'll die and do you want to use your potion of revival or whatever. I have not used it once because I had that dumb brain thing where it's like, well, I'm gonna really need this sometime, I'm not going to use it on this loss. So I literally have never used one.
Speaker 5: You're you're min max and I get that because you know, you don't until a little bit like oh, they actually give them to you with a decent cadence. It's not often, but it's like, you know, a couple times a level a chest will have a revival one, so it's not like super scarce, but you do have to be like conservative, like oh I died right away, y'all, I'll I'll just restart. Don't even bother using it.
Speaker 4: So the levels are pretty linear, but like there are those kind of like Okay, I clearly if I go to the end of this side thing, I'm going to get a treasure chest with something like I'm.
Speaker 5: Not a ton of exploration in this I will I will say, speaking out what Jeff was talking about with like, you know, the difficulty in everything. This game does have a lot of like accessibility options related to difficulty. That's something that they focus on their TGS presentation was the fact that like euro Mode is there where it's kind of just like the guided story experience, which is a little bit heavy handed maybe, but if you really just want to see what's going on in this game and not really feel pressured, you can do that. But there's also like, you know, auto opening things. If you don't want to just be constantly hating buns. There's auto like wall running and traversal stuff. If you're like not good with the timing on that thing, that kind of thing. There's a lot of those options in there, not like a ton of ton but enough where it's like, Okay, if I have trouble with this element of the game, there's probably something that can help alleviate that. And I think that's cool because that's the kind of accessibility option I like, where I can play on the default difficulty get a slightly difficult experience. There's a more difficult experience to be had, but also it can be scaled back if people just want to have more fun with the game and not to worry about that too much.
Speaker 4: Are we passed the point now? Because I remember when Benetta came out, there was some online discourse about like they added like an easy mode where basically like you just jam on a and she'll do a bunch of combos, and everybody was furious about it. Like do people still get mad about that?
Speaker 5: All those people? Okay, well those people are still on Twitter, so we kind of just don't see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they've also they also have their stuff now with the front Soft games, so it's like they can they go over there and argument those games. Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, boy, you also made me eat hungry when you're talking about all the pizza earlier, makes you wish I had a nice hot zaw right now talking about it?
Speaker 4: You do a segue doesn't have to technically take this thing and connected to this thing. I don't think you can go back. You have to go from the current one to the next one. It might restart.
Speaker 1: If I could just drop an oue there too.
Speaker 4: But just because it's like in your.
Speaker 1: Head doesn't mean I don't know. I think that's actually he does have to.
Speaker 4: So again, this is all I've always known that about my but I especially learned it last week with the with is Urethra about is your Ethra.
Speaker 2: Sure speaking of wide holes, Brie playing Pokemon Legends z a pizza, Pokemon Pizza, say it, Poking pizza Pokemonza. Everybody, come on down to Pokemon Legend Za. We can get a hot, fresh slice. We've cooked it earlier. Don't worry that will pop it back in the oven and heat it.
Speaker 1: Up for you. Got a little fresh and muzzarella on there.
Speaker 5: Hey is Italian, he can do this.
Speaker 1: How do you reheat your pizza? I don't. I'll eat cold. I like.
Speaker 5: I would have an air.
Speaker 3: Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't care. Yeah, Mike, what I can't tell if I do like a colder. I eat a lot of things cold. I eat like my left or apasta cold. I eat it all cold because I'm just like it's fine this way. But maybe I'm just lazy. Hand cold pizza is. I feel like a bit of a stretch. For the most It's like a whole thing. People like pizzas. People like it so but it's canceled. I'd like me.
Speaker 2: Ah, Jan left the note here, uh I said, please read if I'm not on pod. This is how Jan god is groove back. It got the sauce. Dang it that could have been another pizza reference. You guys should really let me go with the pizza thing all the way. Uh, I've been playing this a good amount, Sean. I think you've been playing a lot. Yeah, yeah, you might have played a little bit, uh, Seannotte. Let's start off with you. You're you're probably the biggest Pokemon fan among us.
Speaker 1: We both like it. You like it more than I do these days. You play it more.
Speaker 2: I always just like play the story and then I'm usually done. You get deeper into it. You've also liked Scarlet and Violet a good deal more than I did. I couldn't even get through that game. So how are you finding the zawd?
Speaker 5: It feels good because finally, lately the thought that popped into my head when Jan was streaming it. But which, by the way, if anyone wants to see the beginning of the game, just to check it out, we have a video on YouTube the first three hours of Pokemon Legends ZA. It's actually closer four but I low bald. The thought running through my head when we were streaming it and when I picked it up is this is just a really good video game. No asterisk, which didn't be the thing You're aiming for. But with game Freak, it's kind of the thing the problem we've been having for around a decade now, if there's always something wrong, especially in the Switch era. You know, scarltand Viola was the height of that, of like running and looking like trash because they rushed it out. No, they just made a very good video game. It's a ton of fun to play, and I think I'm I am curious to see what you guys think. I want to hear your thoughts because I'm curious how it plays to people who are a more casual with it, you know, Mike being more casual than I am, and then Grubb not really being into the series in general, because this is the game that I always want as a kid, because it's just the Pokemon battles from the TV show that's the focus of this game in general, the real time Pikachu Daja, the way that's finally something that happens in the video games and that's really cool to be brought to life. I got some deeper thoughts on it, but I'm curious how you guys are finding it.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at a lot and yeah, like the move over to cool down based battles, more real time actually works really well here. It changes the dynamic.
Speaker 1: It makes certain moves, but I used to like never think about using Like there's a lot of moves in the old games, like like it'll do a little bit of damage each turn, and here they kind of become traps on the battlefield, so suddenly they're more interesting. Just the fact that because of the system now you don't have PP anymore, like, oh, you can only use this move five times. No, the stronger moves just have longer cool downs. Between those cool downs you're using other moves. So maybe like sword dances and something I would ever use just playing through story mode, because you don't really need to use stack boosting moves unless you're playing competitively, you're doing real late game stuff. But here it's like, again, maybe I'll throw away the swords dance here and there or something like.
Speaker 5: It gives you something to do while you're waiting for your big, heavy hitting attack to come off a cool down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even besides just all that, I like the setup. I like having it all take place in this city that's you know, big enough. It's on some giant city or something like that. But it certainly gives me enough to explore. I like the kind of during the day that's when you're doing maybe missions and catching Pokemon. Then at night that's when they're doing your train the diviyas the Doug zones, right, there's kind of like a nice formula to that that feels really good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that in a lot of ways, this is a really nice direction. You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if, like if all this is going to be taken to the main series. I don't know if I need it to, but I think I definitely like that in the Legend stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was kind of already turned onto this because I enjoyed the last one quite a bit, and then hearing Mike told me about the combat system, the real time combat system, and just like him giving the reason why now he can use Leer, and it's like, oh, that's something that always bothered me, So yeah, let's go see this for myself. And it's all true. You're going in there like okay, yeah, but the other thing's on cool down. This will be a great thing to use right now. It just feels more engaging in some ways, and I hope they like find ways to loose some of these ideas back into the main game, even if they keep it turn based. I have no problem with turnbased, but they got to figure out some other way to get mixed in these other moves in the story mode. But whatever. For this game, it's like I also was really impressed with the way it looks now there are obvious, like just real limitations. The background of the city being a jpeg on a wall is absurd. But I do come to Pokemon games because I think Pokemon are cute. I think that these are good character designs for the most part. Some of the later evolutions often like miss me, but like pan Sham, like him running through the city. He just robbed the louver or something and he's running out for running through the streets, and I'm like, that is just cute. I'm having a good time chasing this little freak, And so I think they nail that side of it in terms of the visuals, and so it's like, yeah, I like looking at it, and I'm really enjoying playing it. I think the last lack of voice acting is kind of absurd at this point.
Speaker 5: It's awkward. It's awkward. It just seems like the one big like presentation thing that like everyone knows is and has a problem with including me.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's because it's like they don't even do the animal crossing blah blah blah. There's no there's no sound when the characters are speaking. It's just silence and text and their mouth moves and that it's it's a bad combination. It's got a bad look, bad feel, and I think the you know, the actual baseline, there should be there should be voice acting. This game should have voice acting. I know other Nintendo games, Zelda continues to get away get away with it for whatever reason. It doesn't bother me in the Zelda games really bothered me here, but that was kind of the one n If you're playing this game in bed while watching long YouTube videos about playing every Simpsons game, that's kind of any voice acting.
Speaker 5: It's the thing I was thinking of when Mike was talking last week about the voice acting in U Trails in the Sky being maybe subpar, and it's like, well, I guess sometimes it's a plessing in disguise, but yeah, it should not be the case for sure. Like and as we know, because of the leaks, that was a budget thing and like clearly like the cuttings are even animated as if there should be voice acting. Yes, even if you like insist on pulling a constraint in their development do the persona style thing. Big major cut scenes are fully voiced then like the efforts, you know, like the yeah okay when like other like dialogue boxes.
Speaker 2: It was definitely most impart the beginning when it was like this you know, animated cut scene.
Speaker 1: It was still just the die.
Speaker 2: And everything, like like got Steve down at the officers to come in and record some lines.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's also a bit, quite a bit of just talking in general and delaying the gameplay. Maybe maybe it's not it's not so much that I'm not going to keep playing the game, but it is quite a bit that I do feel like it's a half to get through blank all right. Yeah, it's not as bad as Pokemon can be. But because they established this system of like, hey, get so many battles and you can do a rank match, I almost wish they really lead into that and it was just almost entirely that and I didn't have to worry about this kind of larger story thing. Maybe that's you know, wishful thinking here, So that's like I don't even know it's a complaint, that's maybe just a criticism. It doesn't feel like there's a ton of Pokemon to catch, especially early on. Maybe that's another because you have like these zones where the Pokemon are, and each of them will have like six or seven or eight Pokemon to catch there. That's it. So I felt like I didn't have a ton of variety. Oh I said six have it? Oh my god, it's like what is Backlard doing?
Speaker 4: Literally Cartman in the New South Park.
Speaker 3: Dylan's Dylan scored over the weekend and celebrated with a sixth.
Speaker 1: And sean, this might shock you, but I still do not love mega evolutions.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, because you're a bad person with bad opinions. We know.
Speaker 1: This game emphasizes them so much that it's just a Pokemon your party who can't mega evolve. It kind of feels like a little bit of a of a of a wasted slot sometimes like this.
Speaker 5: As it is, because those are inferior pokemone you should put the cool ones on your team.
Speaker 1: I don't, but I'm not. I want this Pokemon and it's not my fault. They don't bother designing a mega evolution.
Speaker 5: Well that that's The thing though, is that you also have to remember the target audience. The vast majority of people love mega evolution, like then think it's the coolest, Like if you're gonna have a gimmick, If you're gonna have a gimmick, this is the one to have though, because you know it's temporary, but you get cool design. It doesn't get in the way of very thing, and it leads them to do cool stuff like that. Basically, the raid battles that are in here you don't have, like they've had dumb versions laught for the past few games, and like no taking down a Pokemon that uh didn't want to mega evolve, It just like happened, and you're trying to solve the mystery of why that happened. That's also like a good story beat by the way, The story, like if you're paying attention, is kind of interesting because it's weirdly political, Like it's very much about like local politics of I don't think they should be turning you know, this this street into like a wild zone for Pokemon to rome free, don't you agree, Tyrannatar.
Speaker 1: It's just like what there's Nimby's not my backyard, all right, let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's it's interesting if you're like looking like if you're paying attention to the main story and you're looking at all the little dialogue boxes that pop up better as you're walking around, there's there's there's telling an interesting story here, and people say that does get kind of interesting towards the end. So I'm I'm wondering about that. I'm curious where it goes, Like you did bring up that. Yeah, there's the day night cycle. During the day, you're exploring the city and you're catching Pokemon in the wild zones, which are kind of like thanctuaries, almost like zoos almost where you go in there, Pokemon are roaming free Indian catchum. That night, it goes into the Za Royale, where it is a bal royale and the goal of the game. The reason it's called ZA is because you're buying the ranks from Z to A. I think they undersold how interesting that system is. That's because yeah, like, first of all, it is a bow royale, like so you have real time combat and you're just like fighting all these different people as you run down the street, and it's pretty fast paced. But I think there's also two different levels to it, where people who are you know, it's kind of like we're talking about Ninja Guide and two different levels of like people who are more casual are gonna like probably to get that advantage the first striking so that they can like have a little bit of time to figure out how to best defeat this pokemon they don't really know, or the type matchups they don't know, where as someone like me or like jan for us, we know the pokemon, we know the type matchups and everything. It becomes a speed run because you get rewarded at the end of the night the more trainers you have defeated in the z z A Royal that night. So it's not just about getting enough points to get to your next promotion match. It's about like defeating as many as possible because you get a's like a combo multiplier going and stuff. That way, you get more money and that you can go around buying cool outfits, buying more items for the gameplay, buying more poke balls. Yeah, like it all feeds right back into each other. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: Pokemon News.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, sure it's unrelated to this ZA game, but do you still want to hear it?
Speaker 2: Let me say one on one thing real quick about the whole like structure the ranks, because they also kind of like cheap you out on that a little bit like no BIGSPLO. There's a there's a part where they're like, you're like rank like w and they're like, ah, we're gon, we gotta get you off. This is a now match for rake F and you like shoot past fifteen of them, Like I kind of wanted to go up on the ranks, but okay, so but so.
Speaker 1: What go ahead? Jure.
Speaker 3: This has been in the rumor mill for many breaking, many many months, and I have yet to feel confident enough to start talking about it with the confidence that I.
Speaker 1: Believe it is going to happen. Pikag is gay. Why would you ruin yours? Was way better?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Act that a lot.
Speaker 3: That's Pikachu's choice when he wants to come.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Stern Pinball's next game for Q one twenty twenty six is most likely Pokemon Pinball.
Speaker 1: Whoa interest? What do you mean interesting?
Speaker 2: You mean holy sad? That's not more like the Gaboy Advance game.
Speaker 5: Probably because there's a literal legacy of Pokemon Pinball. I'm wondering how much of that is going to translate into the board.
Speaker 1: Probably would say zero. O person, I think there's a chance they like make it like Pokemon like which what is the red and blue? Is that the first pinball one was like basically Pokemon pinball and then I did ruby and sapphire for the gub sapphire That's what it was. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, you have to They don't make pinball games the way video games do that, right, Like they are built on very proprietary platforms. They are not you know, the assets. It's just not the same thing.
Speaker 1: I know, what would I know?
Speaker 3: Uh so, I look, it's really like is this game going to be good? And I'm not worried about the theme implementation. I'm sure that's gonna be just fine. I don't know, and I hope it's fine for Pokemon sikos Sean, I guess you and Jen will have to be the test of whether or not it's implementation is have.
Speaker 5: You ever played the Pokemon pinball games the video games? No? Oh, okay, I think you're missing out because they do some cool stuff with like it's they don't try too hard to make a Pokemon game. They try to like have Pokemon adapt to pinball mechanics and get some really cool stuff. We're like up on the screen, like you'll go into catch mode. You need to hit certain things on a table like you do in pinball all the time. Sure, if you hit enough of those, the Pokemon will unlock, and then you hit a point in the center of the board and then you catch that Pokemon. And so I'm just curious, like how much of that is going to be in the board because that.
Speaker 3: I would imagine, Yeah, I would imagine the primary objective of Pokemon the pinball game is catching Pokemon.
Speaker 1: I would imagine that is like the only thing.
Speaker 3: And I and I guarantee you they'll probably have like you know, the ball on the table. There'll be some fun gadget, some fun toys. Again, that's all speculation, but.
Speaker 1: They should, Yeah, just because we're on the topic of pinball, they should make a real world pinball game that is also a rogue light like you can upgrade your pinball. Oh, Like I don't know like how that would work, but I guess like physical pinball, Yeah, they have to like all of the things would just have to like react differently. Depending on the upgrades you got on your or something.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I mean that's you know, there is that right like you are stacking combos, you're the current ball you have is can be worth more than the ball you previously had because of where you've leveled up that ball.
Speaker 1: So there is that.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of similarities with like the sort of psychology of like points scoring and whatnot.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's all I have to say.
Speaker 3: Q one, you can pretty much lock it in, I would say, judging off of some of this reporting coming out not totally confirmed, but here Pokemon Pinball, thank.
Speaker 2: You for that the news update. We are of course an ally for pimball. We are an ally for Pokemon. And speaking of allies, going Dan, sure if you have any.
Speaker 1: Updates about that rock Xbox ally x Oh you're signing like something else happened, Dan, What happened?
Speaker 4: I mean, I posted a series of short videos and Blue Sky. I have a thing I was dealing with the other night where it's just like, oh yeah, gonna watch the aw pay per view and I'll play some ballpit on my rock ally here and load it up, and it's normally it's like Okay, press your finger on this h on the fingerprint reader and it loads you right in. Oh that's not working great, you need to create a pin. Okay, I press that button and the keyboard doesn't pop up, and I'm like, okay, I can't really type a pen in here. So I'm doing all this stuff, trying to like authenticate it through Microsoft Authenticator, trying to like I can't attach a Bluetooth keyboard because you need to get to the Bluetooth settings, which is past the login screen. So I'm just fucking around this and then at a certain point, I like restarted, and then I'm just pressing the screen to like try to enter a pan or something, and it's just getting that Windows error noise over and over and over again, and it's I just wanted to fucking load this thing up and play some ballpit, and just nothing fucking worked.
Speaker 1: So you couldn't. You couldn't like plug in a keyboard.
Speaker 4: I mean I couldn't. At that point, I was like, a fuck this, I'm just like I grabbed the steam dock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is something ading that about. Yeah. At that point, I am kind of like that's like it's letting the machine win, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, it's conscious it could, it knows when it's won.
Speaker 1: I think Dreamcast think I just look.
Speaker 3: I'm with you man, Like again, I I really do stand behind the take of like this, it's just the portable Windows eleven machine that has a couple of layers of uh, you know, Microsoft branding around it, like that's it and no until it completely jumps off to a forked os version of whatever the fun like you're just not going to have the experience you have on on on steam Deck. So you know, I've been enjoying it it because because again the performances is untouchable, like it fucking risks. Which the battery is pretty good too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, batteries great. And we can also say now that Ninja guid in four is maybe best examples of like I tried to run that on the steam Deck. You don't want to go down there, like it'll run kinda but like you don't want to play it on there. It runs pretty fucking good on the ax Fox ally, like I played a lot of.
Speaker 5: Well, to be clear, the ally act, because I think that's part of the problem here is like, like I've been meaning to get this out there. I think the main problem with this product is just say, like, who is this for? Type of situation? Because on the one end, because they it's not just the Alix that's what most people are reviewing, but is also the regular ally at six hundred dollars, it's you know, the more it's like a beefed up steam Deck in terms of specs. You know, it's it's the same tear ish but it is more powerful. But so who are they trying to go for with this? Are they trying to go for the casual audience and say, like, hey, you know there's been the switch, the PlayStation portal and everything. Finally we had the Xbox handheld and you have the option of yeah, six hundred ards, it's you know, it's more reasonable. And then if you want the premium one a thousand, are they going for that audience or is it for like the hardcore audience who's like listening to these podcasts and everything knows everything about this, knows that it is a Windows handheld. But that's that's also like what you're going after an audience of like a few one hundred thousand people total that seems is guided when you are behind and are trying to reinvent yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, so so we kind of figured it out live on stream, right. So one, there's the Jeff Grubb perverts of the world who are just going to buy this because they can't help themselves and they're just might need the best thing because yes, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 3: I fell into this weird category of like, hey, I have a Steam Deck, but I do want to access epic my Epic games, and I want to access my Xbox PC Game Pass games.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, this is doing the thing for me. And then I think.
Speaker 3: Number three is this like you know, idiot brain where you're like, what, Xbox has a portable, I'll just buy that, which is misguided of course those people.
Speaker 1: It's an Xbox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an Xbox kind of in name only, right.
Speaker 5: So that's that is kind of part of the problem though, is like because I know some people were like, oh, like who would even be looking at this and doesn't know that only plays PC games, and that I would say, well, remember they're saying it's an Xbox, and I don't mean that in the sense of like, oh, like you can't expect it to run three sixty games. It's still just a Windows PC sure, But also like someone could buy a game as recent as Elder Ring on their Xbox that will not run on here because that is not a play anywhere.
Speaker 1: Grand the thought of six is not going to run on this Xbox.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, exactly, like any Xbox console game that is not play anywhere will not run on this thing that they're calling an Xbox. Which that's to me, that's the actual problem. Like I saw in a comment I think it was retro game course video, maybe it was ours where someone was like, I have about three hundred games in my Xbox library, only about fifteen and run on this thing. And ye, that is the problem when people actually get them in their hands.
Speaker 4: I think, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know it's funny because like we've definitely unpacked that talking point a bunch and I you know, I was like, yeah, I know that because I know it because I'm very ingrained.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: The situation is when you put that, when you step outside of that sort of vacuum that I exist, and you're like, oh my god, that is so insane. Like again, they're not they're not outwardly saying there. I don't think there's necessarily this like nefarious deception campaign at play right, because it's not like they're like but but on the other hand, it's like, you have this brand thing, you have this thing called Xbox that is now incredibly fragmented literally like you know, to decouple what it means on console and PC separate, Like you've just you've just painted yourself to such an impossibly you know, decipherable corner. Like sorry, I don't know how you can justify talking about this without very conveniently leaving out some serious details about what this thing.
Speaker 1: Is unable to do. I think the thing is this will be a not maybe not short lived, but a temporary situation because I don't think any way they launched that next Xbox that might be a PC without it being able to play Xbox games. I really, I really think there will be an emulation layer.
Speaker 5: And yeah, they mean like like this is a handheld, so there are going to be some concessions like obviously you can't pop a disc in or anything whatever, but you can't have the next Xbox console and you clearly market it as a console, even you don't use the word. You can't have that go out there and then it doesn't play Xbox series games like backwards compatibility has been Xbox this whole thing. That's why it's all an Xbox is because each console just runs. There are exceptions every single generation, but it just runs like the games you want to play from the last console. That that cannot be a case moving forward.
Speaker 1: The crazy thing to.
Speaker 3: Me, greb is like I'm with you, I I fundamentally believe that's what this thing, maybe you know, hopefully will evolve into. Just say like, if that's the case, though, say it, say that there's a path like you will, people will buy it, will take your word for it, and they will buy this thing preemptively. I'm telling you, Like the fact that they're not saying it certainly leaves room for uh, you know, worry.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 4: And I think too it to Sean what you said earlierbout like who is this for?
Speaker 1: Is is for casual?
Speaker 4: It is for hardcore. I think about things like, for instance, Kayla, Kayla loves playing video games, which she's never played on PC. You know, growing up we never had gaming PCs or anything like that, so we were console kids. But there's so many games I know she would love and I would love to recommend to her, and I've thought before, like, oh, you know, a steam deck would be great because that is something that like you don't really have to like you can play that thing and never go into Linux or anything. It's just you download it, you play it, it works, Whereas I couldn't do that, Like I don't if I gave her a you know, Xbox Rock ally or something. It comes with all the hassles of a PC, which is the complicated stuff that you don't want. Like, that's why the steam deck is so great is you can access PC games without a bunch of bullshit.
Speaker 5: So right, that's the problem with it being just Windows where I know they you're not gonna have DRF said this explicitly, you're not gonna have that seamless experience until you have a fork of the OS designed for this. But I saw some people saying that as like the reason that this is the case over like the weekend when people are talking about nah dog, that's the problem. That's what all of us who are critically are pointing to. If Microsoft is taking partial ownership of this, I know it's a partnership, but they're taking partial ownership. You make Windows make the fork of the OS designed for this don't have Desktop replaced by the Xbox app as the desktop shell. Like that's that's a clever way to get around it. But then you see things like when Dan has tech issues, it's because something broke in that chain that you didn't expect. And like the Steam Deck is incredible because Valve made Linux accessible, like it just works the vast majority of the time. Unlust the game is incompatible and they tell you that. And if you want to boot in desktop mode to get your epic game set up, gog games set up, it's all that stuff you can optionally. I just think this hardware could have been really cool, especially because the power is there, Like it's a very powerful handled and that's awesome. I think there's a place for that. They just really fumbled when it came to like setting up the OS and then marketing it correctly.
Speaker 1: The password issue that Dan had is something I have had on the original Asus rog ally because of Windows. Since it launched. It's happened about once a week anytime I'm using it actively. And the fact that they have not fixed that and it still shows up in this is kind of that to me, that's the whole story. That's all I need to hear to know they're not taking this seriously. At one thousand dollars, they're not taking this thing seriously. They're not even fixing the base bugs that have been in there for literally years. So what why should I have any faith that they're going to be able to navigate kind of the difficult process of building a new either forked version of the OS to do this or so I'm new top layer that is so well thought out and so integrated into Windows that you never have to think about it. I have zero faith that they can do that.
Speaker 4: Did you see the videos I posted and I'm blue Sky Like it's like there's like four different Windows bullshit problems happening simultaneously.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it was just very reminiscent of eighty times. Anytime you've like gone online and complained about it, it's something like that. It's been happening to me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The worst part is that it forces you to like come to terms once again, to be reminded of just how fucking lost Windows is. It's just how off in the goddamn middle of the fucking ocean that OS is, where.
Speaker 1: You're just like things used to just work better.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to be reminded of the frustrations like I guess you kind of got numb to it when you boot up a PC or a laptop where you're just like, well, you know, it's Thursday. I guess it's time for a fucking typical Windows fuckery and you know, like, oh, this, your PC just restarted by itself. It didn't tell you it was going to restart. It installed eleven things, and now you have to go through this nonsensical onboarding again of like.
Speaker 1: You sure you don't want to look up with the fucking useless piece of fucking bullshit.
Speaker 3: It's like, stop, you are the most pervasive software company on the goddamn planet.
Speaker 1: Leave me the fuck alone.
Speaker 5: And getting that full screen office ad is offensive. Don't sell me something. Why I'm logging into my due that's insane.
Speaker 3: I gotta send you this like anti bloat fucking package description, the PowerShell thing. Oh my god, what a god send friend of the site, Anthony, send it to me and the pinball buddy.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's why another reason why I think they are infinitely far away from delivering on this concept, because there is something so important about picking up a switch to and just being like Oh, everything is about funneling me into the game, because once I'm in the game, this thing works really well. That's true of the of the Xbox Rock ally X as well. Once you're in the game, it's really great. But I faint that the whole experience of like when you pick it up, is not about making that as simple as possible. Just they do not understand the importance of that intimate connection you have between yourself and a gaming device that you're holding. That's pretty special, and they kind of don't respect that at all.
Speaker 5: Like, like you said, it's like a faith thing. I don't have faith in them because they kind of keep fumbling all the small things and leads up to a big issue like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their priorities are somewhere else.
Speaker 4: It's aisy, My fingers are crossed, and I'm gonna have a better time with I've got a DHL truck that is two stops away with the ay n thor so.
Speaker 1: I w okay.
Speaker 4: Mess around that quite a bit and hopefully that's a better experience.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's it for games and hard We've been checking out. Only take a quick bricky break. We'll be right back with the news. Stay tuned everybody. What's that? Can you hear that? Folks?
Speaker 4: It's oh god, it's coming down the pike. It's the Giant Bomathon. My good news, folks. We are one week away or less, depending on when you're hearing this. That's right, The Giant Bombathon is coming your way live from the East Coast five pm Eastern on Monday October twenty seventh to five pm Eastern on Tuesday, October twenty eighth. Take Tuesday off, listen. We had to do this on a Monday night. We know it's during the week. Take Tuesday off. Take it off now, get your request and that's right. Twenty four hours of local multiplayer Shenanigans, gimmicks, fun, Hullablu, all this uff, Pyro Balley who know no Pyro. We have the confetti cannon. Last time that didn't work. Well, We're gonna have a lot of fun, folks. It's gonna be the five owners of Giant Bomb you know who we are. And we also have Chuck and Sean flying out to join the festivities. That's right. Remember Monday at five pm and to Tuesday at five pm. Take Tuesday off work. We're gonna be there live on Twitch, on YouTube. Check us out. It's going to be a lot of fun and we'll make it worth your while. We got some incentives, we got some we got some stuff you might like to see. I got things. I'm biting my tongue on. I'd like to say some of these incentives, but you'll have to tune in Monday night, five pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: Be there the Giant Bamathon.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the real news, I have my own breaking news for Jeff Grub You're pregnant. No, I'm productive first, and fantasy credit because they took aided four got me good amount points, has an eighty two and open credit, which but from what I play, i'd say a little bit better.
Speaker 1: But who knows. I got to play more of it. But I was the only one here with the foresight.
Speaker 2: To think that maybe Jurassic World Evolution three might do decently.
Speaker 1: With reviews, and that has an eighty five.
Speaker 5: Right now, Okay, I got you definitely the only one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got some Jurassic World points on my side.
Speaker 4: Now I signed for that thor I'll be right back, all right, go for it.
Speaker 1: So there you go. I'm sitting pretty right now projected, but just a little bit. It kind of seems to be well, Sean has a shot here, but it definitely is Jeff and I favored the most right now, and is gonna come down to It's gonna come down to Metroid. If Metroid does very well, I probably win. If it kind of does anything beneath that, I think it's all you. I I have age of imprisonment, which is a little risky because I'm like, I don't know, maybe that'll, maybe that'll. I don't think you're gonna lose points with it.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's skipping below seventy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been.
Speaker 3: I think I give you a run for your money if I didn't fucking counterpick blueprints like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dumb, yeah, the gate back, Yeah, I haven't heard of this one.
Speaker 3: And she was like, you done fucked up.
Speaker 5: It could have been really stupid and pulled a bonehead move like counterpick out metro Prime four or something.
Speaker 1: Couldge moron. That'd be absolutely ridiculous, all right. Jeff played me as a get to the news. Oh, it's fun to be able to tell you to do things then you do them. We'll get used to it, don't you.
Speaker 5: Doesn't he always do that like a chicken.
Speaker 1: Cluck cluck, cluck, cluck. All right, I have some news here at the news roost block Black. Let's start here with Nintendo's second Kirby air Riders direct is this week and will last an hour. It's longer sixty human minutes of Kirby air Riders information from Sakkarai himself. What the hell it's October twenty third, at six am Pacific time, nine am Eastern. Yeah, that game's out November twentieth for seventy dollars, So they're like, yeah, we really got to talk talk this up. I'm shocked though, that it's even longer than last time. Remember our idea of having only backlreact, But I don't remember that. No, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Maybe you keep talking about if you're funny, Jeff, if it's not all of us reacting to this thing, which, you know whatever, We're probably.
Speaker 2: Just gonna get on tangents to talk about our own bullshit because it's very long.
Speaker 1: What Phiel, is only you reacting to this Kirby racing game deep dive for an hour. I could not think of something that would be more of a waste of time. Let me stand, do you think it's funny if only Jeff Bakalaw reacts to this hour long Kirby Air Riders presentation.
Speaker 4: The answer is so obvious to that that it's almost insulting that you asked that.
Speaker 1: And would you have to be surprised that we have to commit to someone? Jeff, Yeah, you're you're exactly right for the goode business and what we do.
Speaker 3: And I promise you from a dead ass, serious fucking point of view, my time would be better spent doing something else than hopefully do that.
Speaker 1: How is that not painfully obvious?
Speaker 4: Whatever you're doing, email or something I can do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've we've we've discovered all of these things. We're all equally capable of doing. No, absolutely not. What do we have to do? What do we have to do? Well?
Speaker 3: I don't know who knows a phone call? Who who knows what it will be that will be worth my time in by a magnitude of fifty.
Speaker 4: I'll venmo you, you will venmo me?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll pull it together.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a money comes from. There's a number, there's always a number. Writers. The idea would be funnier than the execution edy.
Speaker 4: It will be really funny.
Speaker 3: It would, yeah, it would be funny, be like, oh wow, do you see that grown ass man have a mental breakdown on switch?
Speaker 1: Did you see that? They gotta just talk about everything that's in this game, like every character, every read, did they find a third button or something?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm with I'm with Mikey though. I do think on paper this is hilarious, like without.
Speaker 4: A doubt to do the two hour pre show for the last one, right, maybe a two hour pre show.
Speaker 1: Leave and back cours there alone. Yeah, and then we became millionaires.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 1: That was the moment all changed for us. Yeah, they're going to talk about everything I think games. Yeah. The vgc's hand hands on did suggest the game is deceptively deep, very deceptive for to be another wanted to be too deep. That's part of the charm of Kirby Air Riders that it was a one button game. Now I will allow the second button. That's fine. I don't want too much to depth in this baby.
Speaker 5: Are you a big Kirby a Ride fan, Mike?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If I call myself a biger ill everywhere else everyone else.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good game, which is like a bridge other people will cross. I suppose it is funny that like this is the bit, you know what I mean, it's funny that this is the bit.
Speaker 3: That it's like, oh, we're gonna give you like so much, so much more than you could possibly need about this.
Speaker 1: It's a good funny.
Speaker 4: It's honestly very good.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I mean part of it's definitely still sucker. I is, he has that sway and they kind of wanted to keep him happy. But I think they're also like that last game maybe underperformed, so it's like, really go out there for this one. Tell you what, if this one doesn't do well, it will not be for lack of them trying. They have made the effort here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I looked like I did not like Herbieerra the first, but this one, I'm in full support of this because like love soccer, I do whatever hell he wants. The man's earned it. You want one passion project on the company's dime, Take one my man.
Speaker 1: Absolutely uh next gen Xbox console plans heading into twenty twenty six. Sarah Bond commented on these. She after talking about the handheld stuff and like kind of you know, talking like saying, oh, yeah, we definitely have a lot of ideas still for improving the rog Xbox ally X. She went on and confirmed the Xbox it's still actively developing its next generation console. The follow ups to the Xbox series X and S. They you know, they didn't really give too many details again, but she did continue to point to that AMD statement that Microsoft or that Xbox and AMD made a previously where they're like, yeah, we're developing a new chip and we are gonna have backward compatibility. Like so they said, like whatever they end up doing, if it is going to be this PC thing, it will have some sort of backward compatibility. But this is her reiterating this once again as there have been questions around the future of Xbox and how committed they are to any of this, and every time they're sort of put in a corner to ask that sort of thing, this is how they respond. I do we buy that this is something that they are taking seriously over at Microsoft or does it feel like well, of course Sarah Bond takes it seriously, but maybe the people above her could undercut this thing.
Speaker 5: I think that second, I mean the ladder there is what's maybe going on there. Clearly Microsoft as a bigger company, their focus is elsewhere, as you said, And yeah, at this point, it really just comes down to you, like we said, faith, Like, Okay, you're gonna have this more PC style box that's mostly up to rumors at this point, by the way rumors and reporting. But if you're gonna have this more PC style box that will have backwards compability with Xbox games, it's just a disconnect of well, why didn't you do that for the handheld that you just launched, because that right have gone something a long way. Yeah, exactly, like you gotta do something there. So it's the idea of it is cool, I mean honestly, like you know, I was dump by an Xboxer in a segment, but their ecosystem is my favorite of the big three right now because they let me use the hardware that I want to except for when they don't apparently so oh no, my I was actually like mildly interested in what this console could be. But you know, the launch of this new hardware has my faith waning a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course, uh, you know, price increases, inflation, all those things continue to cause various headaches for just the current gen of hardware where it's like the Xbox series X and S have gone up in price multiple times, especially in the United States, but around the world, and so it's like, what is what is the pricing even going to look like for an XT gen Xbox. I think everyone is expecting the absolute worst there, right, We're talking about like a flour of seven hundred dollars. Even that feels unlikely. It's like, maybe we're talking about eight hundred dollars and maybe the like the real version you want to get is one thousand dollars, eleven hundred dollars. Like these are things that people have actually said to me when we had these conversations. And meanwhile, everything's still going up in price, including the Xbox development kits, which have they just announced have increased the price from fifteen hundred dollars to two thousand dollars, and they it just mean reflects macro economic developments. We remain committed to providing high quality tools and support for your development efforts, and these are these are the kits that like, you know, they get you like licenses and all that stuff. So they were always kind of expensive at fifteen hundred dollars, but maybe it's not expensive relative to previous development kits, but now you know, even these things are getting hit by price increases. You need people to make games for your platform, right, yeah, yeah, part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's also weird. I didn't realize that they were fifteen hundred because I thought because they don't think call well, yeah, don't they call the alternate mode on Xbox the developer mode? And that was kind of the appeal, is that that's twenty.
Speaker 1: Dollars to unlock that. So this must have some other feature that worked, Like maybe it has more fully fledged out a development kit aspect to it, you.
Speaker 5: Know, a dedicated dev kids well, like a Triple A studio is going to use sure, and so I guess maybe they're getting a little more money from those places.
Speaker 1: But how many of these do they even?
Speaker 5: So I just exact strange.
Speaker 1: Markup right, Yeah, definitely, it's like, yeah, every dollar you raise, this reduces the number of people who are going to be making games for your system. Something that seemed like it might be still be important to you at one point, maybe not so much in this moment. You know, I think maybe that's something they're not They're less worried about if they are kind of going to go to the PC route, which would, like you said, show me like that rumor it's the reporting. We still don't know for sure. They have not said that, but if they do go that way, maybe that kind of gets them out of this where it's like any PC game can just work on this new Xbox and that's what we want. So we'll see. Uh. The Simpsons is reportedly coming to Fortnite, including an entire Springfield map. That's that's the thing that really made me do that same sound right there. It's like, oh, that's a cool place, Homer. Wait, Springfield map, that's brilliant.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Play virtual Springfield all the time. That was barely even a game. I just want to see Springfield, you know.
Speaker 1: I was about to.
Speaker 2: Say, Dan, I just watched a two hour video about virtual Springfield last night. I loved Virtual Springfield. So yeah, just walking around Springfield is actually fun. I mean, that was a big part of the appeal of the car game that everybody liked hitting.
Speaker 4: The road, rage and hit and run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm in that's I mean, man, I haven't played much Fortnite in quite a while, but moment look that sounds fun. That's great. I wonder if it's going to be like it's a separate map.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Or is it a part of the large.
Speaker 1: Time go ahead, like you're trying to read it out here. It's like the extensive crossover, which includes a cell shaded Springfield Nuclear power Plant, is a rare occurrence for Fortnite, as most collaborations are limited to skins and items. Uh so it makes it sound like they're going to be implanting Springfield kind of into the current mass in some way, is what's right? They usually do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I want to do like zero build. I want to play normal like. I don't want it to be a side mode thing like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll get that. I'll get me in. I'll play that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drop it at most boys, let's go, do you guys? Also see that Futurama total conversion mod for Simpson's Hit and Run. Yeah yeah, that's really well, really well done. That's a good game. By the way, that's the whole Timer license game. Hitten.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I never played Hit and Runner road Rage like it's a genre I like Console I loved with my favorite license pretty much ever, like, yeah, if.
Speaker 2: You played hit and Run, God, I gonna need to remember this next time. I can maybe give you a punishment because if you played hit and Run right now, I think.
Speaker 1: You love it.
Speaker 4: Run a road rage, which one's reach just.
Speaker 1: A crazy taxi like, but hitting run it's like a it's like GTA but instead of yeah, but instead of like doing the shooting, it's like there's some platforming that you sure times that sounds great.
Speaker 4: Man, I gotta I gotta tank the next punishment thing. I gotta lose the only way I can play it. Yeah, Wow, you won one.
Speaker 1: You won one. You're very good at Tony Hawk. I'll tell you what you were the best I see? Thank you. Wow, Yeah it was impressive. Resident Evil zero remake casting seemingly found as lead actor refers to Project Chamber in his resume. People believe that that reference is Rebecca Chambers, who is the star of Resident Evil zero. This lines up with some other rumors out there that this game is one of the ones being remade right now, alongside Code Veronica, which could come first. That one could come in like twenty twenty seven, and this one in twenty twenty eight, or maybe twenty twenty six and twenty twenty seven, although, of course Requiem's coming out early next year, so maybe this is going to be a little bit further off. Resident Evil five continues to not be in active development for a remake apparently, which, yeah, that seems like a challenge, so they probably want to do all these other ones first. We're good. We're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am glad because I was all worried that they would just go to five and brute force that and figure stuff out there, which someday they will, They'll they'll figure that out, But I was kind of worried that they just wouldn't do Zero a Code Veronica, which would be a shame. Zero, which is a game that very has, like such a good premise, good ideas, and some of the execution is just lacking. But remake that, Like you know what they've done with these other remix Gross Evil two and Resing Before Remix are just some of the best games ever. They did such a good job with that. Just seeing that treatment give it the Zero and to Code Veronica. I am super excited about Zero.
Speaker 4: Could super use it, Like you're right, Like I love the concept, the two characters and the train and everything, but It's like it just was it was missing something for sure, So like full remake treatment sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: For that, uh averageer Frontiers of Pandora. That game is getting a free third person moting, a new game plus update. They kind of talked about this a little bit before, but they re reiterated that it's going to launch in December, on December fifth, right alongside Avatar, Fire and Ash. I guess I did want to like ask you guess the games like this these like, because we've kind of reached the plateau with visuals, kind of a licensed game that is a few years older can get a small update and maybe ride the excitement for a new movie, especially one that's going to be as big as this. I think that's a strategy that these companies might be able to use going forward. Maybe this one also got like a full on expansion of that's coming down in December.
Speaker 5: It's releasing along outside the movie, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's also getting that, which I think. I think that's definitely the smart thing to do for this.
Speaker 2: This is a game I actually liked and would like to play more of, especially I bet I'll be in an Avatar mood after Le's that movie bomb somehow, but I don't know. I liked I liked Wave Water so much that I'm pretty excited for Fire and Ash.
Speaker 1: But it's work.
Speaker 2: We don't actually get anything of this scale even for games anymore, right, even releasing an expansion theme to the new movie for an existing game in the IP. Most franchises don't have an existing game in that IP anymore. So it's kind of like out on an island, and I'm glad we still have this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm glad that they didn't give up on this or Star Wars Outlaws so much that they're like, when they did have these opportunities, they didn't take them. Like it seems like they're like, you know, but this will get a some return, and launching Star Wars Outlaws on switch to that could probably work, and that did work really well, so maybe they're gonna stick with these things a little bit longer. I don't expect them to go back to the well of doing another licensed game like this anytime soon, though, especially having MASSI to do that.
Speaker 2: No way, Yeah, I don't think we're going to get another. This might be the last Avatar game like this week ever. Again, I think you know, people will kind of keep finding it through sales and because of you know, the movie's coming out again.
Speaker 1: I don't think this. You know, this game wasn't some Gangbusters success, clearly, but it'll have a tail. Warner Brothers Discovery puts itself up for sale basically like, hey, there's some interest in acquiring us, and we're gonna go back out there. And I think they're talking like Larry Ellison might buy this as well, because he fucking buys everything else. So of course, but you know, Warner Brothers has several game developers, another realm that all the DC stuff rock Steady, and so they've also been pretty disillusioned with making games themselves for a while, even despite having multiple hits. I mean, they had the Batman games for a long time, and then Harry Potter did very very well for them, and then the immediate aftermath of that, they were talking about the next Harry Potter game is going to be a live service game. Screwmaking the best selling video game of the year. We want to do something different next time. So they've tried to sell their studios before. They have not been able to do that because they weren't selling the IP alongside that so yeah, I guess what do we do? We think that the video games are even going to factor into this at all, into this deal, and where like oh yeah.
Speaker 2: A rock Steady, right, because they you know, they're so suicide squad ramifications to a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Right. That's like Gossam Knights was much better over on that side. Right. It seems like they've been I mean, they've been deemphasizing it for a while now, but I don't know if they totally crossed the bridge and start selling or closing studios off. Yeah. I think they're like, it's too big to close down. We need to get something back for it. Maybe this is maybe this is the opportunity. But I don't think whoever acquires them that will actually have any good answers on how to run these studios either. That will continue to be a challenge. Atari announced the in Television Spirit, a revamp of the iconic nineteen eighties gaming console. I guess this reminded me that Tommy tall Rico did lose the television game. I think they just call it the Amigo now and they dropped the intelevision parts. Incredible, that's the whole point I thought that was that big, but so too. This thing is let's see, it's available for pre order at one hundred and fifty dollars. It's shipping December fifth as well. It's also December fifth. Basically it will play your old games, I believe, but you can also install games on it and then it's it uses HDMI, so it's an easy way to get in television games onto a modern television, like a lot of these devices. They've done this with their twenty six hundred and other HAI devices recently. Now they're just doing it with this. Do we know how those sell? I think they I think they seem to do Okay. You know, there was a long time where like, uh, you could get one of these Atari like joystick things that plug directly into your TV with like r RCA cables. Those were like popular stocking stuffers for a very long time, and I think that that actually probably mostly continues for these kinds of things. But one hundred and fifty dollars is maybe getting up there where it's like it's it's probably for the person in your life that you know likes old video games as a gift to give.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not as successful as like, you know, you go to Costco and you see all those like you know, pac Man tabletop things and everything. Yeah, I just want like a cool thing in your house. You just have a funness for olled games, Like I think something like that would go before, like this is a little more niche, you know.
Speaker 1: Yep? Is this they called the television Spirit or the intelevision sprint? You know what? I thought it was the Spirit and then I googled it and I and then it came up a spirit, and then I but I do I had that same question is it called the sprint on their website? I think it's the sprint on their website? Okay, because I got this from a website that from a news story that covered it and called it the Spirit, And I was like, okay, so it must be right. I think if you look at it quickly, it looks like spirit instead of sprint. I guess I think it's no right.
Speaker 5: There's a bunch of news stories saying spirit. I think they may have misspelled it in the press release because like their YouTube channel says print, what's the hell man?
Speaker 1: This is this rules we clarified it. There we go. I had that same postion when I was getting this story so I'm glad you brought it up. Okay, it looks like Sprint is the actual name. Incredible, Okay, I mean that's a weird name considering the you know, telephone people something.
Speaker 2: The intel is always weird to me because it's like, man, I feel old, but there's like a whole other generation above me still.
Speaker 1: And I bet you know, if I was there, I would love this thing.
Speaker 2: Even looking at it, I still kind of like, eh, there is something about the way this thing looks that even though I wasn't there, it somehow makes me feel a nostalgic wood paneling.
Speaker 1: Very cool.
Speaker 4: Imagine, Mike, I'm with you on like retro stuff, like I love it so much. But it is really like as soon as you go before the stuff I personally grew up with, it's like, well, I'm sure that's important or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, it's pretty. It's like, well you better be some like you better be King's Quest or something on PCs or medicare.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, I had the Kaleco vision. I'm like, I look at that thing, all right, that looks nice, very cool, awesome. Yeah, And then of course we mentioned it early, but Itagaki to Minobu Itagaki did die last week. He was fifty eight years old. He uh spearheaded the modern reinvention of Ninja Gaiden originally in two thousand and four for Xbox, also obviously known for the Dead or Live series. The first game he worked on at Techno was Techmo super Bowl for Super Nintendo, which was plastic game. Uh so, just a legendary career. Really cool guy. I'll mentioned on a game Mes Mornings like him. His persona that he was very good to portraying was he definitely was putting on errors a little bit because there's a lot of footage of him before the persona and it's very cool to see.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, wearing the cable guy.
Speaker 5: He was like he maybe like to learn that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like I was doing this to get attention from the Western press because they like basically like gimmicks and it was.
Speaker 5: Charm if you ever really the story of where he invited Harada over to Tecmo at one point he like invited him. I think it was for Dead or Alive two? Is the o A two or three? He invited him over and like Harad told the story, it's on Twitter somewhere where like he like brings him in and they like it's a very serious, like almost confrontational thing where like we're walking down the hall, brings him into a room. It's like a dark room and he's like here, sit and then turns on TV and it's like dead or Live two or three. I was like, isn't this amazing? And Harda's like, am I mean kidnapter something?
Speaker 1: It's become a made man, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if you like again, if you see Harada's post about this over on Twitter, it's it's so sad. I'm not even gonna pull it up because I might start tearing up. But it's just like he was very obviously like afterwards, you know Itagaki sort of like you know, kind of apologized and like they became maybe more like rivals, but like a friendship of a type, and it was clear that he just like loved why he didn't want to, like you know, put on a show for everyone, and so yeah, it's it. This is definitely a sad one for sure.
Speaker 1: Yep. Definitely. He did put a message and basically just said he didn't have any regrets, but he was he did have some sorrow about not being able to do just one more game. And it's like, that's that's a worker right there, that's someone just like they love what he was doing. But yeah, I got a lot of great games out of him.
Speaker 4: Is there an easy way for us to uh play Devil's Third?
Speaker 1: I need you.
Speaker 4: I'm always been very curious.
Speaker 1: There's a way, easy way. Yes, there's there's an easy way. And we also have a show where that might make sense.
Speaker 4: We do have a show where that might make sense. Maybe I should add something to a doc.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, okay, that does it for the news headlines I have. I was going to hand the showback over Jan Jan. The show is yours please, Joe, Thanks, Grob. Where else a little coffee break here real quick? Like wow, nobody say set a clocker else I'll have to uh imbibe in alcohol. I wouldn't want to do that. Barbara Jan might might disapprove. Actually, Barbara Jan, Barbara jam might like that. We'll be right back everybody. It's quick break, Well buye.
Speaker 4: Jane doesn't see this.
Speaker 1: That's my pass word again.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, let me just pack into the main pram for you. But I'll get you set up.
Speaker 1: Oh Chuck, thanks for the help.
Speaker 7: Can can I return the favor. Actually, Jen, you and the folks at home can help me with the new website, which we're hoping to launch in December of this year. Wow, neat, that's that soon.
Speaker 4: It's soon right.
Speaker 7: Specifically, we need some help with the gb wiki street Team. We are rebuilding the wiki as a community for using media wiki and PHP, JavaScript, XML templates view js. Do you know these words, then we could sure use your help.
Speaker 1: If that's you and you feel like you could help, go over to the Giant Bomb discord and find the wiki street team channel, or go to BombCast dot com slash wiki.
Speaker 7: Thanks Jan, that means a lot.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Chuck emails, You.
Speaker 2: Can send your emails to bombcasts at GiantBomb dot com and who knows, maybe we'll read them on the air, just like this one from Valerie from Denver says, Hey, Bombers, I know Mikey likes pliny click adventure games. I want to ask if he's played Poco yet. It's a venture game with a gorgeous hand pitted art style where you play as an adorable little two inch clown named Poco, and it's free. I have no idea why no one is talking about it. But it's driving me crazy.
Speaker 1: Please give it. Uh look, I have not played Poco. I'm looking it is free. Why is this game just freeze? This is a point click adventure game that's overwhelmingly positive reviews. Came out in May. Why is this thing free? It can't have micro transactionally, this is a point and click adventure game.
Speaker 5: Huh, well do that project? You know they made as Passion products. Sometimes it does played out for free. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: I a two inch clown reminds me. I was playing a game for like, I was looking for stuff for the Nightmare Block and I found this beat him up that is kind of awesome called gour May Warriors or something. And I'm playing as this lady who poses and sticks her butt out to get her health back or whatever. And that's whatever. But I like beat up a Moai statue. I think that's how you say it Moi statue. And then when that exploded, a tiny little man like and it's like a Super Nintendo game or something, so it like looked like a Pitfall hairy character. But he was like like seven pixels or seven, yeah, seven pixels on the screen and he's just start running and started beating me up, Like he started fighting back again, and I like had to like try to hit him, but he was too tiny so it's very hard. So I kind of had to like wait for him to jump right in front of me and I punched him. Yeah, how did you regain your health? But you just post and you stick your butt out. Okay, but is it the butt out that gives you health or I mean, just got a Cami like situation back there. Oh Weggie a Weggie, I call him camis.
Speaker 4: For her ass. Oh my god, damn, we can't.
Speaker 1: We can't. All right, anyway, did I know that? Oh my god? Alright? Then the next up is from Travis we got here. A question says, how old do you feel?
Speaker 4: Hmmm, mentally physically.
Speaker 1: I think I stopped aging like as as a holistic person at around like twenty seven ish. I think that's like in my head when I think of myself, I'm still that person I was when I was twenty seven for the most part, like from from just a mental state, from like just the way I consider Jeff Grub as a picture of Jeff Grub in my head. Okay, I'm picturing kind of the person I was at twenty seven, got it?
Speaker 4: I mean in terms of like interests and tasting things and humor and stuff. I feel like I pretty much a at like fifteen and have been in print is positive forever. But then I have had the actually kind of emotional uh oh sure, separate things like that. That is a separate thing, so that I feel is proper. Basically, I think I'm I'm going back now because I'm getting back into a workout thing and everything, so I'm starting to feel a little better with that stuff. So yeah, maybe thirty.
Speaker 1: How old do you feel? You feel thirty?
Speaker 4: But that's there's so many factors.
Speaker 5: It's like broadly speaking, like like Jeff said, like Jeff grub, his head is like a twenty seven year old. Like you just think I'm like.
Speaker 4: Lifestyle wise, lifestyle wise let me okay, because I do like drinking, so it could be over twenty one. I'll say lifestyle twenty three. That sounds like playing video games and drinking beer and having fun and stuff.
Speaker 5: That sounds pretty acurate to me.
Speaker 4: Emotionally, I feel like I'm a proper Like you know, forty one, I feel like I've an old girl.
Speaker 1: I'm five hundred years old.
Speaker 4: Emotional yeah yeah, and the physically, I'll say thirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Mike, I'm curious how you feel.
Speaker 2: I guess I feel thirty eight and I am thirty eight. I don't know feel about right. I've had too many kolonoscapiece to feel younger than that.
Speaker 1: That's it's just like a good punch lone, yeah right, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, like my mom had to have her first, like I don't know first a second one. I'm like, you're not getting any sympathy from me on this one.
Speaker 5: I definitely got you beat here. I don't feel thirty. I don't know. Something about that number just feels like, eh, you're old as shit, dude. But I know, may like twenty five for me, I definitely feel older than just like you know, still in my wild teenage years or anything like that. But I don't know, thirty hasn't sunk in yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think it's there's just a natural sort of like you feel like you're changing because you are changing. And then at a certain point, like you know, they want the Key demo because they still haven't decided their their brand loyalties. They don't want older people because older people don't change brands. I think there's a certain point where, like the change after twenty five ish has to be like really driven by a decision to change, where as opposed to before that it's just happening all the time.
Speaker 4: I would think we are special in like this line of work probably changes that because I bet if I had never gotten into this line of work and I was just working at a call center like I was beforehand, I bet I would feel a lot older and beaten down by life. I think I think playing games for a living has definitely helped me mentally feel very young, you.
Speaker 1: Know, So we can we address this super chat real quick, mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tony Morass is super chat. The Devil's Third is on the way, Penis Antonio.
Speaker 1: Antonio, I'm gonna send that back to you when we're done.
Speaker 4: Come on, you can send it to me, Antonio, compose my box.
Speaker 1: I think, all right, I'll pick it up and uh that I could just give to someone else, so maybe someone else could play that. We'll see. Oh boy, all right, thank you so much for Tonio.
Speaker 2: Next email here is from Chris from Rhode Island. He says, Hello, my wife and girls are away this weekend on these unicorn weekends, I always get taco Bell. I ordered too much for lunch and had a crunch wrap supreme leftover. It feels sacrilegious, but I saved it in the fridge for later and then reheated it for dinner. I feel dirty as the Taco bell Fishonado.
Speaker 1: I must know from Dan and Free Heating taco bell is a no no.
Speaker 2: I'll still vacuum out my car, car seats goldfish and all then played eighties two for four hours straight today.
Speaker 1: Help cheers from Chris. Uh Dad, you know you heat taco bell.
Speaker 4: It's fine. Not only is it not a no no, it is something I specifically do as a strategy. So if I'm having a weekend night or whatever, I'm gonna be up late having some beers and taco Bell really just sinking into all that. I will specifically get stuff for the next morning, because then you wake up a little bit hungover on a Saturday and they're like, oh, fuck right, I have that case of DA and that cheesy roll up.
Speaker 5: I like to have two.
Speaker 4: Items in the morning, and the thing is to air fryer. Air fryer, air fryer. We were talking about that with pizza earlier. Get one of these fucking things. They're cheap, they work so fucking well in Taco Bell, I swear like a Casadia will sometimes taste better coming out of an air fryer. It's a crispier than it will from the Taco Bell And.
Speaker 5: Have you Are you much of a Taco Bell breakfast person by a chance?
Speaker 4: No, I'll do it on occasion, like if we're like doing like a road trip or whatever, and you know we just got stop and get some food, I'll get it. Like it's fine. They do eggs and shit, yeah, definite, like a crunch wrap with eggs in it and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: And I think it's underrated because they like combined the breakfast stuff to make Taco Bell things, like, you know, a breakfast crunch wrap. Instead of having like the hardshell in there, they have a hash brown, like like a flat hash brown thing. They do scrambled eggs and cheese and stuff and there. I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I mean it's fine, but it's just like every fast food breakfast thing. It's like, I'm just like Taco Bell. You can order from the main menu during breakfast. I'm always gonna just order the lunch stuff. That's why I think if I go to McDonald's a breakfast, I'm like, I fucking hate this because I can't order quarter pounder and fries.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think mine does the normal menu in Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Actually, it was the last time I had Taco Bell breakfast, and then when they had breakfast here.
Speaker 3: You don't like McDonald's breakfast.
Speaker 4: Then it's fine. It is fine. I just I've come in terms with my thoughts on eggs now I am. I'm not. It's not a phobia thing. It's not a gross like you know, I'll eat them, They're fine. I just they make my stomach a little bit queasy, and I don't particularly love the taste of them.
Speaker 5: Just the sausage muffin by the way, Oh no, that's what I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll just get like a sausage and cheese biscuit or a mcgriddle or whatever, and you know, take an egg puck out of They're really easy.
Speaker 5: Well that's what that's why I'm saying. Last time we talked about it, you're like, yeah, I'll just chuck the egg. I'm like, order without the egg. You saved like two dollars.
Speaker 4: Did you check a lot of egg pucks in my life?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you? Did you say this?
Speaker 3: Someone in chat?
Speaker 1: Becare this?
Speaker 3: U put a quote?
Speaker 1: Did you say this? Just now?
Speaker 3: I've come to terms with eggs.
Speaker 1: Again? I think I've also come to terms with eggs.
Speaker 4: I understand I'm at peace with eggs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, alright, makes sense. But I mentioned cleaning out the car.
Speaker 2: Look, I say this as all lot of the people with kids, but your cars are it's so disgusting there.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how many cars.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is terrible.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 7: I'm out much.
Speaker 1: I remember those dark days. Man. You know the kids still eat breakfast in the van some mornings, and it drives me crazy because I'm like, that's what I'm going to find whatever that is six weeks from now, no matter what I do in this moment to prevent that from happening, and the worst get to me. It really like it bothers me a lot. Well are they both one of Are both your kids in booster seats still? Or no? I know they are books there. I got some little girls. There's some they're little kids. Yeah, like like the their age they are, it's their size, ye little kid? So when when did got out of the booster seat. That was a revelation where it was just like, oh, he's a little bit more aware of where the trash is and like right stuff and there isolated in their like little spots and they're kind of helpless in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I probably know the answer to this. But do kids today, Uh maybe this is a specific part of the country thing, but like you still ride around in the beds of pickup trucks. What it's that that Midwest said, what you know, I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. It's super it's super illegal, and it's it's like a bad idea, but it was awesome. I mean when I was a kid, we would ride around in the back of the station wagon and we would just be rolling around the.
Speaker 4: Back, i mean, open air, better the truck.
Speaker 1: I'm aware what we were doing that eighties.
Speaker 4: Still you were a coastal boy.
Speaker 1: It was It's insane. Man.
Speaker 3: There's people live where I live, like you, Yeah, where no one sees you and you can get away.
Speaker 1: With crazy ship you do that. You're crazy, dude, that.
Speaker 4: Where people people live there. It's like that's just the thing.
Speaker 1: People live there.
Speaker 5: I'm sure do you ever, do like you ever do like an equivalent though turf like ever like a doubling up on seats because we have one too many people or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like like four people in the back, sure, but we you.
Speaker 5: Know someone has a truck instead of a van. You know, it's Midwest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like four people in the back is not even in the same solar system as in the flatbed of of a pickup truck.
Speaker 4: Like, You're right, it shouldn't be chat, says Backler, thinks everything that happens outside the Tri State area is like Narnia or some ship.
Speaker 1: In some capacity. Yeah, you know, I'm not I'm right. I think you know, I get it. Answer the question.
Speaker 2: I think you see it much less now. It was more acting in certain areas, and it was it's very safe. It can't be fun, but it's not safe.
Speaker 1: I mean like like I was like surprised because we were in Denver for a long time with the really young kids, and it's like everyone had car seats, everyone, like especially a kid under fifty pounds for sure. And then that's a little bit more r rural here and I will drive the kids to school and every kid is just no seatbelt, flop around inside the car as I'm like, what that's going on? And that's where I've shifted. Like as a kid, I was one of those kids rolling around the back of the station wagon not thinking about anything. But my parents didn't know any better because there's been a lot of advancement on advancements on this stuff since then, and so now I'm like, well, that's just what everyone does, and it's like, oh no, we're kind of only people who have their kids like safely buckled up in their cars.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, even like if I wanted to go to the closest thing to like the Boonies where I live, which is like Catskills right like upstate New York, like Woodstock like that kind of area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you would still never see.
Speaker 4: That up there either, and that you know, really the boies though that.
Speaker 1: It's rural compared I've seen it at all. It's like kids, no way, maybe some like workers or whatever. I've seen the like cress down on that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And also like there's ice, there's snow, what are you doing? You're gonna skid out and murder. A bunch of kids died when we did that, dude, it doesn't sound like they all made it out though, but right, three memories.
Speaker 5: But to be clear, listeners, we are not saying these are good things to do. We're just saying they are normal.
Speaker 1: Where it's literally saying it's awesome repeatedly.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'd be like, hold me in the back of that truck.
Speaker 1: You know what the problem is now?
Speaker 3: This is like I'm not even really in the same conversation, but now, like e bikes are a huge problem.
Speaker 4: Like on bikes, man, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because all that ship is is just like a thirty mile an hour fucking you know, dirt mountain bike.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, you know. It sucks.
Speaker 3: People are getting killed.
Speaker 1: It sucks. It's insane. Jared from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada says, let's move on from dying kids. I didn't bring it up.
Speaker 2: About Rushmore discussions for games doesn't always make sense to me as someone who doesn't live in America. I was thinking about other styles of ranking, and the Michelin Star system seemed fitting. The original intention of the Michelin Stars was to indicate a freshant was worth going out of your date to drive to up to three stars. So Doom twenty sixteen is a three star first person shooter we're checking out. If you aren't familiar with the genre, also get Michelin stars. To developers, super Giant games would be one if at least a couple of starts for their consistent quality. Dankes for all the arbitrary rankings you do. Jared from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Speaker 4: This is two different things. I mean, Mount Rushmore is like the four kind of staples throughout history of whatever topic it is. Where is the Michelin star thing? Is just a rating system, Like you know.
Speaker 2: It's not even really a rating system, because you could have zero stars and still be a very good restaurant. If you have a star, that's amazing, right, That's where That's why I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, this Michelin star system is confusing to me a little bit, so I don't think it would be a very good shorthand. Now, of course, the Aunt Rushmore it's also not a good shorthand for a lot of people. But it's become one because it's like it is a parlance, especially in sports. I hear it all the time. I like, how do you get a second Michelin star? Is it? Like? Is it? This is even better than a one star or is it like, oh you got one one year and another one another year. I'm confused. I don't know how it was.
Speaker 4: So there's something weird too, because like certain states don't have it because like, okay, so Minnesota doesn't have the Michelin Guide because they have not expanded the restaurant inspection and rating program here. So we have James Beard Awards. That's the thing there. It's like it's the same thing. It's like it is a it's just a stamp of quality, whether it's a Michelin Star or James Beard Award. It's just like, hey, people that know their shit said that this is a good place you should go out of your way to.
Speaker 2: It took me a long amount of time in my life to realize that the Michelin Stars were literally given out by the tired.
Speaker 1: Micheline because it's worth miss me too. Yeah, And it's like the Guinness, the Guinness Book of World Records is the Guinness, you know, the company the mixed beer. Yeah that's wild all right? Then? From Andreas and Nielsen from Sweeten it says, hey, cuties, just wanted to say absolutely love you guys. Please don't change a thing. I listening to the bomb Cast, where honestly I've lost track of how many years Now, lately I've realized I tend to skip or just kind of zone out when you talk about games, and I'm way more into the parts where you're just chatting about everyday life. So that curiosity. What do you think would actually keep more listeners A only talk about games or B only talking about your or yourselves. Big hugs from Andre Snilsen. You kind of do have to have both. I know that's not answering the question.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, nobody would just listen to like four randohs for no reason talk about the soulsu list. They were already the Coon O'Brien can do it right, but us people need to hear. But like, if it was only one, I think it would have to be about games. But it works because you're doing both things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got you get like half of that on I guess dumb truck right.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even then there's like you know, I guess we're talking about ourselves a lot. So yeah, I guess that is the most just talking about ourselves. That is the least video gaming program we do here.
Speaker 4: You never want to sell to people like out like people outside of the bubble. Hey, not new games or anything.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a good norm you recommendation and perhaps one for our friend from Sweden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you should listen to the voicemail dump Truck. Have you heard of it? More? People should uh start their emails with saying, Hey, cuties, I like that. Oh yeah, that really want me? That made me feel good. It's gonna going to carry the energy throughout the rest of the day.
Speaker 4: I did ask Nicki Glazier this weekend if she'd be on the dump truck for you. She's previously said she'd be up for it, but turns out she's kind of busy right now with the hosting snlle it.
Speaker 1: How about that? So that's this week? What about next week? She could promote it.
Speaker 4: At some point she will be on, but she is, uh, just continuing to be busier and busier, understand Yeah, asking a guest.
Speaker 1: Truck, so I think you would have promote Yeah, I'm going to be on Saturday nights. Actually, can you can you refer that? Can you promote the voicemailed truck.
Speaker 3: Give her a dump Truck shirt for SESSNL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll work.
Speaker 4: Lauren Lauren loves it.
Speaker 1: Give her a Spoon Heaven stored out giant bomb dot Com. All right, I just got my Spoon Heaven shirt and I wore it around the house and my kids are like, what is is that the game you were playing where the people were making all the weird noises for hours and hours of why is it spoon Heaven? I finally had to explain the joke to my family. Nothing like that. Some of you guys that's really said anything. You could have said anything. I literally had to explain it to a nephew this weekend because my brother.
Speaker 4: Was wearing his What is the with the reaction?
Speaker 1: Just like, oh.
Speaker 4: Reaction somebody could have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, of course they like what they have to do with spoon or Heaven. I'm like, oh, that doesn't matter around here. Huh Yeah. His shirt, which many people have bought, is me just laughing at Jeff Grubb by myself. That's the business we're in, Like, yeah, all right. We got some super chats too from folks. Let's read those until Morali says I will call off work for doctor manaughty note. Uh Well, I tell you what. I had good access to those on my back. What I needed notes they were easy to get.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the first Andrea says, Mike fears mugs. But how about giant bomb shot glasses? You all need to drink less there.
Speaker 3: But even before my time is probably during your original run, Dan, there were shot glasses, weren't there.
Speaker 4: I still have them. Yeah, yeah, they're good. They had the tipsy bomb logo and yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe people shouldn't drink water.
Speaker 2: Maybe something we'll do some more we are, you know, we're dropping a good amount of merch as part of BOMBA. You don't ever want to do too much, but there will be some some fun things there. And no not mugs, shut up?
Speaker 1: Uh, pixels and thoughts is homemade alcohol? Exciter is the best juice? I doubt that. It's got to be so good. I love a so good my fridge. Right now, I'm gonna go get some soons. We're done.
Speaker 2: But the thing about Apple Side, I know is that if it's clearer and yellow, you got juice there.
Speaker 4: If it's that brown, you're insider town.
Speaker 1: There you go, you know, I got that part. Don Al Grex is coming in late so sorry.
Speaker 2: This was talked about by I need Backlard to play Zeno Tilt, the sequel to Demon's Tilt, So I know if it's a good pinball game.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know they made another. Yeah. I saw this and I guess I conflated it with Demons Tilt and was like, oh, it's just that game, right, Okay, I don't know it was new. All right, let's uh, let's do something there. Hostile pinball action sounds good. That's how we describe back hostile. Hostile shirt. I want another shirt.
Speaker 2: I want yeah MiGs, says Jeff Bacala wears DIBs insulting t.
Speaker 1: Shirt for Dan. I'm looking at it like right now, yep, like like past the screen. So we can't do I don't want to see I don't want to be spoiled.
Speaker 4: So what's I've not seen it?
Speaker 1: Do we have plans? Like I think we have a plan, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's just you know where it's coming down to the wire. I do think it will be ready by Bombathon.
Speaker 1: Oh so what you're looking at the completed design? Yes, it's not been turned into a shirt yet. No, not yet. It's it's ready, it's gone. What was the deal there? What do I have to wear it?
Speaker 8: Have to wear it for a month. He used to wear for a week, right month, you know, either way, that's a lot. I think a week?
Speaker 1: We said, right? Yeah, where else again with that sending double third our way, thank you so much, Antonio Rio Roku says our super touch the pay to win of BombCast emails of course yeah, yeah, uh makes He's back saying when will you guys be playing Lego Party again.
Speaker 4: Next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's that one's happening, right. We can just say that we're gonna play on the bobon. Yes, we're very excited about that. We'll play max turns, which you know, is it gonna be super long or anything?
Speaker 1: Right? I believe, but.
Speaker 4: It's pretty long on there. But it says the max turn on there is like three hours, but like I think they really overstate that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and the level that has the most complicated bullshit as well, Like I really want to get into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it will actually be fun, which is sick.
Speaker 1: Do you think that'll be like a top ten game for you? Dan?
Speaker 4: I was looking at my top ten kind of starting to get that together, and it's it could be, It could be. But this has just been such a wild year that I don't know if it's been a long I don't know. We'll see. I haven't played enough of yet either, so it's something I will be playing for years. I'm sure Dan.
Speaker 1: Slam mcausin says, Hey, Mike, I don't think the people that only listened to the bomb cast had heard your brisket joke yet. No, you're the host. Now, nobody could stop you. You're there, You're not the producer.
Speaker 5: To clear Mike, what happened.
Speaker 4: I did not see the dump truck last week, but I saw it was the thumbnail. Was there any anything of notes with the brisket joke that I missed?
Speaker 1: Is there? I think? I think like we're going around just like you know, traumatizing people. Seemed to genuinely be a little bit like I'm pretty sure Danika didn't like that.
Speaker 2: Like No, I think I think Denka was just sort of like a champ. I did see somebody I forget to do it, but somebody chat out a good twist on it.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you this?
Speaker 2: And if you were a chat you could speak up. I need to come up with a like a naughty or more triple X version of the joke. Do you though that I can have a Briskee brisket.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, my god, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Hit the brakes. Here's that goddamn brisket joke. That's right. He called Kayla on stream and told the joke what she loved it.
Speaker 3: The worst part of your joke is that every time you tell it, it grows by thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: But and that's the joke we need to do. To get it.
Speaker 4: I need to Mike, just do the brisk version the brisk first.
Speaker 1: To say damn.
Speaker 4: He has to like make it a real thing. He has to make it like a sexy risky.
Speaker 5: In the moment.
Speaker 1: A right, so living alone and hasn't known the touch of a man for a while, a plumber to work on her pipes. You seem right there, man, But first I've gotta wait for this brisk at the up temperature. He's like, oh yeah, you like you're like working on on big meat. Huh. He's like, oh yeah, But you know the thing about there's two.
Speaker 4: He's laughing. He's making himself laugh.
Speaker 1: There's the fatty part of brisket. And she's like, oh, I only like the fatty part, if you know what I mean. He goes, yeah, I know what you mean. You're talking about burn ends And she's like, no, what what like, Yeah, you take the fatty part you cut up in the cubes and you put it, you put it out there on the smoker again, let it all teck up. And she's like what And then he's like, yeah, that's good. The lean is okay, but it takes you know, at least you get feed people to the leans while they're waiting for for the burn ends. And she's like, ha ha ha, Yeah, when are you gonna get over here so we can, you know? And he's like, m but don't worry the the the ends will justify the leans. And then she hangs up.
Speaker 4: That was criminal, baby, wasn't that, Brisque? I think you could do better?
Speaker 1: And then they fucked. Now now I'm back on board. You got Alian miracle, says I missed the joke last week. Boo, thank you for that jet uh oh the Samo Nicas is this Italian brain? Hey everybody, we have a great week planned for you all. We still got gay Mess Mornings popping off Blake Club as we're turning with more of the day Dance of Ruin Days of Dan. What's it called Darkest of Dance, Darkest of Dan's everybody can we also for the Kirby's air Ride thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we even talked about doing a talkover of that, Mike, do you think you could do a solo one where you maintain a brisket joke the entire time?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: The challenge out there?
Speaker 1: No look e they were all either were all watching that or none of us are. I don't know what we're gonna do with that. Yeah, I guess we'll talk if we actually want to do a talk over.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you guys, you don't want to do that? Come on, we did it before, I know, for the first one, the first movie. I'm committed.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: Oh god, when is it am? What would day?
Speaker 1: Thursday? Right?
Speaker 4: Thursday twenty Well, then I actually can't wait eight am. Maybe I'll be able to Oh great, have to be at a brewery at nine am, as you do.
Speaker 1: I take a couple of quick looks coming your way. So everybody some some some new stuff we can play for GPF as well. Don't know we can talk about that yet, but yeah, you know. And then the Bombathon Bombathon next week starting at five pm Pacific, Eastern five pm Eastern on Monday, October twenty seventh, and that is going all through the night and all through the day on Tuesday. It's gonna be a giant drive. Tell all of your friends if anybody is interested in supporting us or just hanging out with us, we are appreciate it.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be very good. There's just no way looking at this run of show that this is not gonna be a fun time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people don't have a lot of fun. Yep, it's gonna be good stuff. Anything else. Anybody out their housekeeping? Are we ready to get out of here? That's good. Good job, Mikey, thank you everybody. I do my best, and that's that's something. It's the twentieth anniversary of the One Up Show today. There you got to the One Up Show, Crab.
Speaker 2: I still want at some point, I gotta do some kind of I got to host a big one upper union just for my own entertainment.
Speaker 1: That was the best, all right, everybody. I've been Mike, he's been Dan, he's been Jeff, he's been Jeff, and he's been Sean. Thank y'all so much for hanging out with us tonight. Radio games, We gotta keep playing them. They still keep coming out, they still keep something out being very good. So hang out with us this week, hang out with us next week. I'm just gonna say, we love you. We're not afraid the commit anymore. We love you. Don't leave us.