Speaker 1: A little late, but better than not at all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what I'm saying, baby listen. We put an extra work the last couple of weeks having guests on. Actually we did it. Honestly, it was probably easy.
Speaker 1: It was easier.
Speaker 3: Literally, you guys came up with the questions for them, we asked him, and now we're going to act like it was very hard.
Speaker 1: Work.
Speaker 2: Was a little work coordinating with our significant others to come into the studio look forward with us.
Speaker 1: But welcome to that. I'm still fun podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks for being here. I will say that Andrew was kind of bummed that you didn't ask one of the questions that was asked.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: It was, how do you feel about Jenny talking about your sex life on air or on the podcast?
Speaker 3: Well, the reason I didn't ask that because I had already asked a version of.
Speaker 2: That, I know, but he was he wanted that specific question, like, okay, specific because he said that he wanted to be able to answer and say that people should talk more about sex because he's a feminist, he's pro female orgasm. Okay, So he wanted to make sure that that answer got in there, and that's how he feels about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's all he had to say. I'm klably clear that up.
Speaker 3: We did get an email, which was surprising to me about our guest and they said, longtime listener, love you both. I love the episodes with Jake and Andrew. I was wondering, has any other from like Katie w B has any other people wanted to be guest stars. They said, I know if you have in past podcast they were thinking morning show people cult Max. Have you know about having them come on at some point looking forward to the next podcast, I do think we talked about having Cult on.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll do him. I did want to.
Speaker 3: Take a week off from guests and maybe see if Cole wants to do it, like next week or the week after. I because someone else had messaged you saying we should have coult On. Yeah they did, and when I showed him, he was like totally down for it. And I did have Cult on my Heartbroken podcast a long time ago. He has a great story, but I think he'd be fun. He's can I just tell you so? Cole does not like talking about sexual stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he.
Speaker 3: And I have been working on and I don't mind sharing it here because we're like launching it tomorrow basically YouTube like videos, right, and we're kind of trying to find our flow because it's kind of like a podcast is different than doing a morning show. A podcast is different than do our afternoon show. So we came in here and I think I was like, I'm so used to doing a podcast with you and we can be really sexual. It felt so unnatural. The first episode we did was fine. The second one I worked in a couple of things and he does not feel comfortable with that. And so at the end of the episode, I'm like, everything felt off about that. That is not us and I'm like, what, we're deleting that? So he'sa A yeah, and deleting it, scrapping it. That's not our that's not our thing. And that's fine. But it's funny how I feel so comfortable with you. But it's not because Colton makes me uncomfortable. I think that he just is someone. He he said before, like which this is probably sharing too much of his personal information, Like he won't watch like adult videos, oh since like having kids and stuff. He just said he can't. He's not someone who can compartmentalize. He like feels like those women don't want to be there and like it makes him uncomfortable, and so that's his least favorite ord is the P word.
Speaker 2: Really, he hates it.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel like, Okay, I'm trying to think back, which was so long ago now as to like when I joined the show, I feel like I've always been very sex positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was and.
Speaker 2: You know, I joined the show during my party girl era, so like my life was sex like, yeah, it was very much. So I feel like I've always been decently open. However, with you, it was always easy. With Steve, it was funny because Steve's just fucking naive.
Speaker 1: And weird and whatever naive.
Speaker 2: But with Dave, it took me a long time to feel comfortable sharing certain things with Dave and vice versa with him, Like, and I think there's still plenty of things on him and I don't share it too with each other.
Speaker 1: You're right, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think like if he's if he just doesn't like talking about it, then that's like the end of it.
Speaker 1: But maybe it's I think.
Speaker 2: The future he'll feel more comfortable to me.
Speaker 3: But I think I think it's okay, Yeah, I think so many things are sexual, and like, it's not that we can't make jokes about like how long it's been since our mom's gotten any or I'm sure we could make jokes here and there, but it wouldn't be a top Like it wouldn't be a direct topic like some of us and I don't think it ever will be. And I'm okay with that. It's like whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, and of course I also feel like, I mean, I was just saying when I started on the show, it was like lots of those kind of stories, and my life is so different now. Yeah, you know, like sex happens once every six months, so it's like, you know, I can't.
Speaker 1: Andrew would die if that's how it was.
Speaker 2: But no, no, but I do think that like as I've gotten older too, I also have chilled out a ton on sharing so many of the stories.
Speaker 3: We I agree there were like I remember early on in radio I shared like the sound my partner made orgasming, and even briefly after that it started making me like a little cringey uncomfortable, to the point where I went into the system and deleted it so that Steve or Dave could never find it again to ever play it. Again because I was like, h and I'll have those moments I've actually thought about before the Morning Show YouTube. Yeah, and I've like had to like kind of in my mind think about, oh my gosh, is there anything on there I should delete? Because twelve years ago, thirteen years ago, very different time. And like when you first come on to a new show, you're willing to do just about anything because you want to like please people. You'll go down paths of storylines or share stories that as you go on you're like, Eh, maybe I don't want to. And so I was like, oh God, are there any of those on there? I should look into that and delete them.
Speaker 1: If there are.
Speaker 2: I feel like the stuff you did on YouTube, but I granted I wasn't a part of the show till like a handful of years in when you were on it, but I feel like they were all just over exaggerated dramatic things like you on your period.
Speaker 1: Those are my favorite.
Speaker 3: Every twenty eight Days are just my favorite series we did. A lot of them were just when I had gone back to look at all they were stupid parody bits or pranks or not pranks, like like a payoff for losing a bet and you had to do something dangerous or disgusting.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't something I'm like, oh, I'll get canceled over that necessarily. Who knows, maybe there's one that exists somewhere, though I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the only thing I can really think of because I just I don't know. I just feel like I've never done too many things that would be super out there. But we did roast Dave one year, or like the Thanksgiving roast of Dave or something. It was intern John was back in town and we all did a roast of him. And the only thing I can think of is I did make a Trump joke because it was twenty sixteen. I think it was like an election year and I made a Trump joke and something with like a wall, yeah, And I don't remember exactly what it is, but like that, it wasn't offensive one way or another. It was just like kind of making a joke of the situation whatever it was at the time. But I would never ever make a joke about like a president or anything like that anymore. Like I know, you just don't.
Speaker 1: There's no room for any form of joke because you.
Speaker 2: Will be attacked no matter what you say. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Going back just very quickly to the email, I was actually surprised that she sent in saying she wanted more guests, because not that Andrew and Jake didn't do a great job, but typically, well, I think since it's our partners, I if I listen to other people's podcasts, I usually don't like when they have guests on, except I haven't actually enjoyed when their partners have been on, so I can see where that would be fun. And someone else was like, oh, you guys, because Steve was on the morning show this past week. Yeah, someone was like, you should have Steve back in again. I'm like, maybe you never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Steve.
Speaker 2: That man came in on Friday morning, just sweaty, but I also was sweaty because I was running around doing a million things that morning. But I gave him the biggest hug. And then of course I texted Fallon a picture of him and your response because he was using Fallon's headphone exact how perfect to not even know but know he was probably sweating.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, you want that sweaty ass where my headphones? Disgusting, And then.
Speaker 2: He goes, I'm gonna need to use your computer, and I was like, what do you mean like, and I'm thinking like back in the day, Steve would just like had this blackmail thing about him, absolutely, like where he claimed he had like a folder on all of us, and I still think he does, Yeah, he probably does. And I'm like, what do you mean you need to use my computer? I got a call with like someone in Sweden at nine and I forgot my computer because I was takings Olivia here. And then I, you know, Christy asked me if you and the next thing I know, I forgot my bag in my computer and I go, that's all that I know, And so I wanted me to use my computer. But the entire time I was thinking that he was fucking around with stuff on my computer. Probably literally was I'm like waiting to find something somewhere in my folders that's like, hey, you bitch, you know, like something like that.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised I didn't get an email from you just calling me a C word or something. I'm like, what the hell, Jenny, I'm like on the company email. We do have a couple of other emails, but maybe this one's kind of more so for me. Uh, this one says, Hey, ladies, you asked what you should call your question section of the podcast. I think you should name it. I'm still wondering. Okay, it's like it would fit. But they do have a question for you, Jenny. As a wanderer traveler by nature, do you get claustrophobic in the city. I am also a wanderer, but I live in the country. But I imagine I would get very claustrophobic being in such crowd areas when nature is my true happy place. Always wondering, Anna, No, I.
Speaker 2: Love the city, but I also don't. Like I'm trying to think of what she's saying. So, say you're walking around in Chicago, and.
Speaker 3: Because there'd be so many people around you, and like the buildings still close into you, you don't have like a field of trees or anything to go into.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I don't feel that way. If there's a lot of people around me anywhere, I don't love that because then that makes me feel like I'm in a tourist trap. So I avoid situations like that quite often. But I love the feeling of like just walking around a big city. At Morning Show boot Camp when we won a couple of years ago. I got up one morning and went for a run and just like explored around the area and I just love everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, she masturbated on the bean.
Speaker 2: I would have, but there were people that are being and also on the bean. It's really hard to like get onto the bean, yeah, like get close to it, but you could.
Speaker 1: Rub yourself against it. I wouldn't suggest it.
Speaker 3: That's how you probably get like some kind of uti staph infection.
Speaker 1: Is that thank that?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know staph infection, but I wonder if anyone's ever done that, like as.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, this would be so funny to.
Speaker 3: Grind on the bean, yeah, or just masturbate by it. Oh, you know that someone definitely jerked around it. Well, I'm saying like I would be more surprised if a woman has rubbed it out, though harder to hide that. No, it's not harder to hide it. It's just I feel like.
Speaker 1: It's more of a longer a guy who's on drugs kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, But no, I didn't do that. I actually just explored the city and I liked it, and so yeah, I don't feel quite Did.
Speaker 3: You masturbate in the bed next to me? When I was I would never do any I think there can you imagine?
Speaker 2: I think the only time I've done that where I probably shouldn't have was in my childhood bed when like I was home visiting sometime.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But it was weird because it's like I didn't do that growing up when I lived at home, and so like to do it when I was like visiting home, it just fell fucking weird. Yeah, and you know, my mom's like in a room like down the hall whatever. So I think that's the only time I feel like I've done something like that where I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I could have. I could have probably skipped today. Maybe.
Speaker 3: I asked Jake if he has ever masturbated in bed next to me while I've been sleeping. He's like no, And then I was like thinking I wouldn't only because I would be afraid he would wake up and he wouldn't be judgmental. But I still think I would be embarrassed. And some people would be like, oh, if you're horny, why wouldn't you just wake him up?
Speaker 1: Because sometimes I don't need a full sash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yes, have you ever masturbated next to Andrew while he's been sleeping.
Speaker 2: Nope, I've never done that. I thought that I had woke up one morning and he was doing it, and so I was kind of just like letting him do his thing, because honestly, I didn't want to get involved. I felt like if I would have acknowledged that I was awake, he would have been like, come on in, and I'd have been like, no, you can shut that door.
Speaker 1: It's all you, baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I asked him.
Speaker 2: Later and he's like, no, I was not, like, I don't know what you were and I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It felt like there was like movements in the ocean been under.
Speaker 3: The blanket, and he's like, no, glad we could clear that up. Did you guys have sex over Valentine's Day in the camper van?
Speaker 2: We did, and I think it's why I'm sore now because we don't have a high roof band, so it's very it's the low roof. You're already like bending over to stand up in it period, but then standing no, but then to add in the sex aspect of it. You know, I was getting a little frisky on top, whipped my head up and just banged it up against the ceiling.
Speaker 1: I was like, God.
Speaker 2: Damn, and what a way to throw off the motion in the ocean. You know what I'm saying, Baby, I had a groove. We were in sync and I was like bam, and like I don't know how you and Jake are when something weird happens are inside.
Speaker 1: We are immature and knowledge We just like you.
Speaker 2: Don't just like sit there and like continue on. It's like, man, that must have heard. I was like, yeah, it did, you know? And then we'd get back into it. But yeah, no, that was that was the fun shenanigans in the van. Honestly, a lot of times we don't have a lot of sex in the van because it's just not the most convenient situation. It's got to know the aftermath and all that stuff. What about you, you guys get down dirty on V Day?
Speaker 1: We did actually on V Day? Yeah, nice. Look. I looked at him. I was like, do you want to do it on the couch or do you want to do it in the bed? And he tried the couch. So we did that.
Speaker 3: We watched all of Love Is Blind this weekend, all six episodes.
Speaker 1: We binged it.
Speaker 3: We stayed up late on Saturday night because it was like, I was like, I want to finish it. I do think six episodes in the pods is not necessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did it used to be?
Speaker 1: Was it less? I feel like it's been. I think it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was because I was on Reddit this morning, and I think some people were saying that they expanded it because they wanted us to get to know the relationships better before we saw the And then they're like, but we didn't get to know the relationships better. They they didn't produce it in a way to get to know the relationships better. They just like featured more people. I don't really know. But regardless, I.
Speaker 3: Thought a lot of interesting stuff too, because they said they had more people than ever, but it seemed like they focused on less couples than ever. Yep, And I did think it was really weird, and I'm like, maybe they were just couples they weren't shown. I thought it was bizarre. They didn't feature like a single munk person. I didn't there was barely any diversity, which people already think that about Minnesota and so and then a lot of the guys do have a similar look vibe when you like, when you lay them all out next to each other, and so I was a little disappointed in that aspect, because I like people already look at Minneapolis in a certain way. You couldn't find any other diversity to put in there. We have a large Somali population as well, so I don't know, I thought it was. But also maybe they didn't apply or maybe a lot of the time. I learned this from season one. There are couples that get engaged and get married and go the full way, but they're not like apparently featured featured ors like is interesting enough. The guy who owns a like Trubadour wine bar, I keep seeing him post about it. I've only seen him in the background of one clip, which and I think I look like he got engaged.
Speaker 2: Maybe I think I have heard that before too, But I also have heard like the horror stories of some couples did get featured, but then like, oh something bad, but bad things have happened and so they were like completely cut out once the editing actually took place and stuff. So gotcha. Yes, I've heard multiple different kinds of stories, and I do have connections with like a couple people that were on the cast this year or this season, So I feel like I want to reach out once everything's said and done. I just they're under such strict NDAs. And I know you probably know this since you had Ben on the show right last week, But it's like, I want to be so respectful of not getting them in trouble, but it's like I want to ask so many questions too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, you know what's one question I did not think to ask that. Someone did ask Ben if they get to wear whatever they want, and he said, no, you have to lay out your outfits and they'll tell you which ones you can and care were Obviously, if it has logo on it, you can't work kind of thing. I thought that was interesting. I'd ever thought about that. But do you have any predictions or anything yet?
Speaker 2: Well, it just sucks because I'm on the side of TikTok that has some spoilers and some thoughts and some rumors and whatever. So the only thing I'll say is that I am rooting for like some of the couples more than the others. But I feel like the only one I have faith with at this point is Joey and Monica maybe being the ones that make it dull?
Speaker 1: Are they the first ones that got engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joey has got the long hair and then Monica's like a little bit taller, dark hair, and they seem like very sweet Minnesota, nice human beings. Joey's thick ass Minnesota as it is the wild.
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting they like didn't kiss. I didn't think when they saw each other and stuff, I think they were the only couple that didn't. They seemed almost like sister or rather laughing, playful. So for a moment, I was like, you know what, that not everyone is comfortable immediately doing that, because and I had to remind myself of that, because I was like, I couldn't tell, like was she not into him right for a moment, because why wouldn't they kiss? But I do You're right, they seem like the most wholesome couple.
Speaker 2: Andrew pointed out that we've never obviously been in this position before, and so we're just judging how we think that we would react, But we really have no idea how we would react if we went on a show, got engaged and all of a sudden, you're just like forced to have this physical connection within seconds. You don't necessarily know how you're going to react. And some people might just like not feel in that moment that it's appropriate almost and some people aren't physically attracted to them. That is what happens a lot of times. But we were kind of like, oh, we're being so judging of all these people who clearly don't have a connection. But like, also, how can you imagine talking to someone for a week or or whatever it is and then all of a sudden you're supposed to just like want to bone them within seconds.
Speaker 3: Well, so that is one thing I I did ask. I was like, how long are you actually talking to him? And he Ben said he it's like around twenty eight hours, okay, which I was like, if you break that down and you're doing two to three hour dates at a time with someone, twenty eight hours, I mean that gives you a lot of time to actually, yeah, I get to know them.
Speaker 2: And I also think that you have to keep that in mind when you start making judgments of all these people, because we're getting like the best juiciest dramatic clips that they can find a lot of times, and like some characteristic building clips. So I feel like, you know, there's certain people that I don't really think I like that much on this season that were featured a lot. But then I think about it, and it's like, somebody could take stuff I say on our show or on this podcast and clip it down to you know, ministerial things, and I would sound like an awful person too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was disappointed in the guy who opened up about hurting his back and taking the medication and abusing medication and crying, and the woman was crying and so receptive, and then she was like, I think, was like, oh, we're in like this vulnerable sharing moment, and when she shared hers, I get you can't predict how your reaction is going to be to things, but I do think in a moment like that, even if you're like I don't necessarily see myself with this person, to see how receptive and kind and loving she was to his stuff, to not show her the same courtesy even if he was faking.
Speaker 1: It, Yep, I agree.
Speaker 3: I was really disappointed in that, and they weren't a match, and that's fine, they knew it, But I think the producers specifically showed him sharing the full story two times, purposely because you don't typically sit through and let people see someone share the same story fully through two times I feel like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They know. I mean, there's an agenda of course with like everything that you're seeing, because it's going to play into whatever we see the rest of the season. But I do agree, I don't know. I feel like certain people have connections. I think certain people are on the show because of the fame of it, and oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I would say it's fifty.
Speaker 2: I would say even higher for the people that are on it for the fame, but I don't know. In the end, the funniest thing that came out of the entire first drop of episodes was when Virginia right that I think that's her name, met Devin, the two that end up being together with the ibuprofen story, Oh okay, and then the other girl when they met and Virginia's only compliment to him was you have nice eyes, and he said I don't normally get that, and she goes, well, the shape of them, and it's like, you don't find this man attractive whatsoever. If the only compliment you can muster up is I like the shape.
Speaker 1: Of your eyes.
Speaker 2: Why we like, gosh, it's it's a brutal, it's so weird. How we want to see their meeting, but at the same time, it's so cringe you want to turn it off. Sometimes it's all I hate it so much, but yeah, I want to see it because everyone's you can see people.
Speaker 1: It's impossible for them to hide how they feel. I know it's impossible.
Speaker 2: Think about opening a shitty present you got from like your mom. It's impossible, and you're like, what is this crap? Imagine having to do that on TV. I'm someone you love and you're like, uh no, you know, I don't know, but I mean I am very hyped. And Andrew got into it this season and now he wants to go back and watch all the other seasons because he like, hasn't watched a lot of them, and I only watched I haven't watched every single one either, but I've watched the last couple. There are one or two others that have been boring, but the rest have been pretty good. A lot of people are saying this is boring, and I'm like, I think it's because they're spending so much time on the fucking pods. Everyone knows it gets way better when the alcohol gets in. They see the people they passed up their scandal, like are you talking to her.
Speaker 1: That's when it gets good.
Speaker 3: Like sorry, the whole I've said it before, the wholesome couples that are just like actually happy.
Speaker 1: I FA's forward through their chunks because it's not entertaining.
Speaker 3: I want to it's it's messed up, but I want to see the drama.
Speaker 2: You do want to see the drama. I just get really sad, and I don't know if this has ever happened, because I don't think it has, but I haven't watched all the seasons. I just really hope that at least one couple gets married, because then I just usually at least one, I was going to say, I feel like it always has been at least one. But there was one season, I think two or three ago, where only one of the couples got married, and I think only three made it to that point, and I was like, oh, it was a rough one. Yeah, that was like a really rough season. I feel like, but I'm curious to see what will come of all of the people on the show. Who's going to become like the next influencer, who was going to gain a following. I've creeped on a lot of the people who were like featured a lot on this season so far, and you know, some of them have a little bit of a following already. But what was interesting to me was the girls who have like a higher following. They don't seem to be like the Instagram people, Like they have hot pictures of themselves, but they don't post a lot. Yeah, Like so I thought that was interesting where it's like they're not really like super big on social media.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem.
Speaker 3: I've never followed a single person from the show Love Is Blind ever, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I have either. I follow some Bachelor and Bachelorette people. I do do that, but that's probably about it for reality TV.
Speaker 1: The only.
Speaker 3: Bachelor Bachelorette person I follow isn't from that. I follow Becca Tilly, yeah, and it's I've never seen her on that. I follow her because she does a podcast that I like, and I discover the podcast because of her co host, Tanya, because she's Ryan Seacrest's co host. Yep. And I think I just have more interest in like radio people of course, but and there's like a higher profile one because she has Becca and stuff, so they'll when they talk about bachelor bachelorette people, which isn't that often, but they'll have them on his guests sometimes. I never let I do not care. I don't listen at all. It's like such a tune out for me.
Speaker 2: It's funny though, because I bet you I have the audience listens because of so that they are probably like Bachelor, Bachelorette. Absolutely, but yeah, I would imagine it would be the same for me if like somebody had a real housewife on their podcast, I'd be like, nah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: No, I know.
Speaker 3: This week we have on Thursday, we have Carolyn from The Traders, and I think she was on like another reality show because usually anyone that's well, she had to have been, yeah, anyone who comes to Traders. They were on a previous reality show. But she's from Minnesota and people are very excited that she's going to be on and I'm new to her. But I did start watching The Traders this season. Doing the TV show man, you have, like they talk about TV so much. I've really had to up my game with watching stuff so I'm not just sitting there like uh huh eh, I don't know who that is, you know, Like I'm like, oh my god, I'm watching so much more TV.
Speaker 2: That's how I kind of feel lately too, because I had interviewed Craig Conover on Bravo yep, And actually I'd been kind of waiting to give some of these details that maybe will be interesting to anyone listening, because I know a lot of people watch Bravo stuff. But one thing that I learned in my interview, because Craig kind of just like talks off the cuff, like with I know it was probably a little different with the TV because you guys had him on the Jason Show too, right, Yeah, But with this interview was just in front of a crowd of like one hundred people at the home and remodeling show, and he kind of just rambled about things. And one thing he brought up is he can't watch reality TV because he knows how it works, so he knows how it's produced, he knows how it's done, and so he specifically said that At one point, him and Shep who's one of the main people who's been on that show, Southern Charm, they were like out hunting or something and production was like, you need to ask him this question, and it was like about his feelings or something, and like their dues and they don't ask questions like that. So he goes, all right, SHEP you ready to work? And SHEP goes yep, and he goes, so have you ever been in love before? And then SHEP just like went off and actually like open up. But that was interesting to hear that they kind of set them up. Yeah, they don't necessarily tell both of them, but then like Craig to give them the heads up, like, hey, I'm asking you this because production asked me to ask you, like, hey, are you ready to work? I thought that that was interesting. And you know that a lot of the stuff on real TV has to be set up because they're not being filmed twenty four hours a day exactly, so they have to be like, hey, you guys need to have this conversation because we're filming for the next hour, you know. So I thought that was a fun little insight into reality. Yeah, the reality TV world.
Speaker 3: He was saying, they do. There's a lot different like behind the scenes. He was saying that they do. There's a lot different than a lot of reality shows how they set things up. And I don't know how a lot of them run. So I didn't know what he meant by that, but also, yeah, I don't do I just don't do a ton of reality.
Speaker 1: I still watch the Kardashians.
Speaker 3: I just started watching their new season last night on Hulu, And yeah, but I don't do a ton of reality. Although everyone says, if you're going to do a Housewives, you should do the Salt Lake City one, and they're only like four seasons, so part of me has thought about going and watching that.
Speaker 2: There is just so much too much there. There's so much because I was like, oh, I don't really watch any Bravo shows, but below decks Bravo, I think, right, I don't know how to watch that. See I get cooked on that on airplanes? That was like the first time I ever watched it, and so anytime I go on an airplane, that's what I'll watch. But it's like the only time I watch it is if.
Speaker 1: I'm on an airplane.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But have I missed anything in your life lately? By the way, I don't know what we're at with time.
Speaker 3: But we're almost of the time. I can share one thing because I do like I I haven't really told me. I just did it yesterday, but I went in I had to do I think I talked about had my first mammogram and then they found something on like my left breast, which they said was pretty normal to get like a callback because you have to do your baseline. They don't know what your boobs look like and your tissue and all this.
Speaker 1: So I got a call back.
Speaker 3: I had to go back yesterday and they were like, we're going to do another set of photos and then we'll do an ultrasound. And so when I went in for the photos, she was like, just so you know, this is not abnormal.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, yeah, they told me that.
Speaker 3: And she's like, we're gonna do photos and then i'll show the radiologist and if she, you know, thinks it's all fine, you can go home. If not, then we'll do like an ultrasound. I was like, okay, which I was already signed up for the ultrasound, but I guess that's you know, might as well have it signed you know, signed up for that appointment or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I did the photos.
Speaker 3: I have to go to the waiting room and then the ultrasound tech comes to get me. And I hadn't been nervous about it at all. I wasn't I wasn't stressed. I didn't stay up. But then when they were like, okay, let's go to the ultrasound now, then I started getting like a little bit like oh, they just said if they didn't see anything, then they wouldn't need to do this. So they brought me back and did an ultrasound, and then she was like okay, I'm gonna go get the radiologists to come in, and so you know, I'm like looking at the screen and I definitely see something on the screen.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, well, what the hell is it? And she came in and she looked at it.
Speaker 3: She was very quick and she's like, okay, it's a benign cyst. So I do have a benign cyst. And there like we don't do anything with it. It just stays or whatever. So it was like very quick. I thought it was great that they can just tell you quickly like that. Yeah, but I am happy that I went in out. She's like, you know, come back in a year and we'll do it again. So it's just important to do it as just another reminder to set up the mammogram. I think they say it's not covered by insurance if you're under forty I don't want to speak on everyone's insurance.
Speaker 1: I don't know what yours is, but.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know because I had to have stuff like that done when I was twenty three years old, and I'm pretty sure I had some insurance help with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's somewhat covered, but a lot of people were saying I wanted to get this done proactively in my insurance, So I'm sure it's based on your insurance. Yeah, but I I thought, God, why wouldn't they cover that, Like, why wouldn't they let because women are getting breast cancer younger and younger, So I thought it was bizarre. And then someone else got frustrated because they said, when you get the call back a lot of the time, insurance won't cover the other things. So I called with my insurance and I called like their financial thing, and they were like, it should cover it. If not, it'll be this percentage. And someone messaged me that works for like insurance, and they were annoyed with this narrative that it never covers the follow ups, and I'm like, she's like, that's some insurance. I'm like right, But people were messaging me to make me aware that it's not necessarily covered, which is also crazy. The handful of insurance that doesn't cover a necessary follow up to see if you have breast cancer.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want to make this about me, but I went through this last week because not with breast but if you remember, I had I have swollen lymph notes in my neck and I had the ultrasound done last December, this past December, and then I had to go in and do a biopsy and it was like a whole surgical thing, like I was in a surgical room. They had to put some numbing shit in my neck.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the bill last week and it was not a single dime was covered of it.
Speaker 1: I had called before.
Speaker 2: I had done the ultrasound appointment, which my doctor said, I'll set you up with someone in network. So I called the head of the ultrasound appointment saying, hey, I want to make sure that this is covered. They're like, yeah, but you're not at your deductible, so you will be paying for some of it whatever. And I understood that that's how the deductible works.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then comes back, the ultrasound comes back that I should get a biopsy done and so my doctor sets me up, same hospital, same area of the hospital, everything that I just went to for the ultrasound, get that bill, and then a single dollar was covered. So I had a full mental breakdown when I opened that letter because I am so exhausted of calling.
Speaker 1: And very much of this.
Speaker 2: And I do not know if this is illegal or not, but when I call, I record on my computer every single thing someone says. Now for the last couple of years, I will turn on the mic on my word doc and I will record what they're saying so I can verify this is exactly what they said to me. This is like this should be cover And so I had a whole mental breakdown, called my insurance the next day. It actually ended up being a mistake on the hospital's behalf because they had to get prior authorization for that surgery and they didn't and so then the insurance didn't cover it because of something that they didn't do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now it's a process and I'm hoping that it'll all get cleared up, but they said it's going to take a couple months now. But yes, to your point, it is just important to check even if there's a narrative out there that certain things are covered or not covered. I just feel like, just check no matter what, if you're doing anything big, just get it checked, because it is it's heartbreaking to get that bill and see that you owe a ton of money out and not know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: I've watched it go through this multiple times between like wrist surgeries, when you were getting on your meditation was covered, right, They're going through.
Speaker 2: Like mental self. I was told I was covered and it wasn't. And I've been fighting with them for like seven months now about that and I keep getting the same answer.
Speaker 1: So there's that. But yeah, and one time it was my fuck up.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that I had changed insurances from the previous year and I kept going to the same doctor. But it was also happened to be the same year I had to get my birth control and plan out and a new horman and I did all this extra stuff because I knew I met my deductible because I had my rest surgery, and then none of that was covered. So that one was my fault. But I learned my lesson and I've done it right ever since then. And yeah, I just keep feeling like I get bid in the ass. And I know there's a lot of people out there because anytime, like when you've gotten your messages, when you post about health insurance anything, so many messages come in.
Speaker 1: So many it's exhausting, it is. But I'm happy you're good, and yeah, me to good and thank you.
Speaker 2: Go get checked and make sure you're looking up for your boobies exactly important.
Speaker 1: They are all right. Thanks for listening, Have a great week.