Speaker 1: Hey, hey, everybody, welcome back to Relationships is a Bitch. This is episode thirty seven. I am Mike here with aj Benza and our sense Arena Wood.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, hey, hey, everybody, what's happening.
Speaker 3: How was everybody's well? I mean, there's a lot of show we did. I'm losing track of the day.
Speaker 4: It was before the fourth of July. You can ask everybody how the fourth was?
Speaker 5: About the fourth? How was your fourth You guys went on the boat. What'd you do?
Speaker 4: We were all together. We went to the club.
Speaker 5: Oh nice, very nice.
Speaker 4: Wow, you didn't see all Kenny's videos posts?
Speaker 5: Didn't I didn't see anything. No, no, I didn't.
Speaker 2: They were very nice fireworks. It was kind of club celebration. There were tons of kids are out and we had two kids on the table. We've been five of us with the mother, Kenny's mother, and two couples. And it was myful.
Speaker 4: It was really really nice.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we uh DoD had I think six desserts, six or seven desserts.
Speaker 4: Again, we all had.
Speaker 2: Until now I can't get rid of those ponds and all eating.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Since I landed in the United States three years ago, we usually did celebrate in Jersey in Manusquam. Katty had some Italian friends over there. They are based in New York, but they have Italian roots like you guys, and they very nice family with a bunch of kids, and always it's a huge celebration in the yard with barbecue, with NonStop drinking, and a lot of people are coming over from different states. So this year I've been missed out because we're doing way too many trips to New York which are random for different reasons. So we couldn't squizz in and do one more for this one day celebration, and we decided to stay here. But I think we did great because we spent time together. It was different in a fy, organ nice way. It was nice, you know, club.
Speaker 5: Very nice. I got.
Speaker 3: I got nostalgic because all I remember was Fourth of julys on Long Island, where my father's birthday was the fifth, So the fourth of July was always a big party, weekend, fishing, clamming, stick ball.
Speaker 5: It was just you know, the pool, the music, the food.
Speaker 3: And I just stayed in with Rocco for but I didn't do anything, just chilled out home.
Speaker 5: What a difference. But I'm glad you guys did the big the big day. That's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it was really nice.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 4: Did you ever do the yacht club dances? Yacht club bablon yacht club dance?
Speaker 5: Now we brought it.
Speaker 1: Was such a oxy moron to call that the yacht club. I think I think the biggest boat there was like a twenty two foot Boston whale.
Speaker 4: There was nobody there. I had a yacht.
Speaker 1: It was basically an old house, a pool, a room with a couple of ping pong tables, and then they had a nice dock that. There were a few people who had decent boats, but mostly you're you know, we were always bringing my nineteen foot Mako around.
Speaker 5: Make dock over there. I love that. I love that makeup. Uh No, you know we did.
Speaker 3: We did break into Southwood Home now the Southwood ho on the left shirt month.
Speaker 5: Sure, Me and me and Ronnie and Freddie broke into that through the roof and.
Speaker 4: Through the roof.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was like a I don't know how we heard about this. This is forty years ago, maybe forty five years ago. There was a way to get in from the roof and walk down these steps and get in the joint.
Speaker 5: Who knows. We just you know, we were kids just looking for fun and we found it. Just crazy shit. Oh, this is not Fourth of July related, It's just it's a general yacht club.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got you talking about clubs, I guess. But the Act Club always had like.
Speaker 4: A Fourth of July dance right right.
Speaker 1: And back, you know, beginning of junior high it was like the you know, one of the only times you'd be guaranteed that all the girls in the area. You go right and you know, your girlfriend, Sue was a stable at the h and so it was always nice to see her at those events.
Speaker 5: Of course, and uh, a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: I mean, we had some cute girls at the.
Speaker 5: At the at you know, you blew my mind last week with Amy Lapenna's name and Nina Riggio.
Speaker 3: I haven't thought of those names and so long, and now I can't. That's all I'm thinking about. Amy La Penna was so sexy. Gosh, man, I forgot about Nina with the red hair.
Speaker 5: Great great, great stuff?
Speaker 4: Am I responsible for you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Take care of yourself? A couple of times to high school fantasies this week.
Speaker 3: If if I saw a picture of Nina or Amy in that in that state in high school, or Jennifer Jennifer so.
Speaker 1: A so was the high school junior bikini pick would have done for you this week.
Speaker 3: It sounds gross, but when I was younger, the first girl I ever so, I wasn't like, I'm sorry for saying this.
Speaker 5: I wasn't a big masturbator, Like I just didn't do that.
Speaker 3: I had girlfriends here and there, and at some point I discovered it and it was over.
Speaker 4: At some point. Yeah, at some point in at age eleven now, I would read.
Speaker 3: The magazines on the floor of the bathroom penthouse for him and read those stories about long haul truckers meeting a hit shiker. You know, I wrote those out of college. I used to be one of the guys who wrote those stories. But no, I Jennifer Cutey was the first chick.
Speaker 5: Who was a year younger than Nuns in high school that I thought of her one night and the.
Speaker 3: Blankets hit me a certain way, and I'm like, oh, this is interesting, this feels really good.
Speaker 5: I guess I'll keep doing this movement.
Speaker 4: And there we go, Wow, yeah, there you have it, folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when I listened to stories like this, I understand. It's know, how powerful is imagination living in the illusion. If you think about it, when we get acquainted with a new person, no matter what what age and gender you are in uh, you have a first impression about the person, and sometimes we give the better qualities people deserve, and we create an image of the person in our head and we have fallen in love and we get attracted and sexually and emotionally and get sensitive about those people and the same here. You know, imagination is so powerful. They say that that all life has illusion. If you think about that, about the reflection of the eye and how physically it's working for us. So it's all we see. It's already the post. It's never the present.
Speaker 5: You know, it's amazing. And it's just a snapshot of Jennifer Cuti at the front of the high school by the girls gym and the sun behind her, and her eyes were so blue.
Speaker 4: Grown my god.
Speaker 5: I mean that's the only vision I have. I never like, wow, you know that's the version she was right.
Speaker 1: Now, this is big, This is a this is big, This is a worldwide announcement. AJ doing his first his first high school whacking to a picture of Jennifer Cutie in front of the Ghost.
Speaker 5: I'll go I'll go forward.
Speaker 3: She had a light tan sweater on and this is what got me ready. She had a jacket that said Hunker Mountains. She skied hunked it right, But her nipples came through the tan sweater and that destroyed me.
Speaker 5: That destroyed me. Killer. Can't see that.
Speaker 1: I can't see it, Okay, I can't. I'm drawing a blank. I can't come up with the high school girl. You know, I had to say I had the Farah poster, and.
Speaker 5: I had I did that too.
Speaker 4: Sure, I love that Farah post.
Speaker 1: That's the all time because she looked innocent at the same time.
Speaker 5: She made you, you.
Speaker 1: Know, uh like maybe the most she She was so beautiful, yeah, so photogenic, and just that poster did it for That's got to be the top poster of all time.
Speaker 3: Right, he has the orange the orange one piece. And if you remember, her hair spelled S E X the way her curls were laying. If you looked at it and said sex on her post, you could see the.
Speaker 5: S and the X and her hair.
Speaker 3: Really, her manager at the time was a friend of mine when I was a giant, when I was a columnist and old Jewish guy who was a master at marketing, and he came up with that, and then then he wanted me to date his girlfriend.
Speaker 5: It got so weird.
Speaker 3: He was much older than I was, and I did end up dating his girlfriend. He was very good at finding beautiful girls and taking them to the next level with their beauty with posters and uh co starring and shit.
Speaker 5: That was Jay's Uh, that was Jay's thing. He was great at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so looking forward to the Superman movie coming out. I don't know why. I just thought I never go to superhero movies. I don't watch any of that Marvel shit. But it's been a long time since it was a Superman thing. This time they're gonna get it right. Blah blah blah. And then they woke the whole thing out.
Speaker 4: Why the hell would they do that?
Speaker 5: Well, I know they didn't. I didn't like the guy they chose to be Superman.
Speaker 3: That was a terrible I saw the commercial and I said, this movie is not gonna do shit. Terrible, terrible casting. Everything nowadays get gets snipped, gets neutered. It's just the way a lot of studios are. They're being overly protective of people's feelings, and political correctness is still something that is out there. Every different type of person is recognized in writers' rooms, trans people, gay people, black people.
Speaker 5: It just it's not the way Hollywood used to be.
Speaker 1: Does nobody get nobody sees the ratings of Taylor Sheridan shows. I mean, I don't understand what the heck happens. It's like you have a good season of ted Lasso and then you have to freaking ruin it, loook the whole thing out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I started watching this golf series called Stick.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First episode really promising, boom. Second episode, okay, boom. Third episode He's got to meet a girl. The kid meets a girl and she's out of freaking control. Woke, crazy, ruin the whole freaking show. Never watched another minute of it.
Speaker 4: While we do that, I don't.
Speaker 3: Because I know a couple of showrunners, big guys Michael Sure who did Boxing Wreck and The Office, and major major writer showrunner another guy named Dj Nash. I coached their sons. They told me, you have to have representation in writers' rooms, even if they contribute nothing. These are people making big money who just happen to be from the margins of life, ens, L, G, B t Q, whatever, from Africa, from and they all have to be a part of the package of how that show goes out and how it's looked upon and in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: And it's it's not dead yet, it's not dead. It's gonna happen for a while.
Speaker 1: I'm launching a series now where I think they do it really well.
Speaker 4: Like There's it's called Hacks. It's been out for a while. Hats is great.
Speaker 1: But you have one of the lead characters, I don't know the actress's name, where she's bisexual and that theme runs through, but not in a lecturing you about your life way. I mean, she's very likable as a character, even though seldom do I end up liking, you know, characters that are are coming from that direction.
Speaker 4: But she she's really good whatever her name is. And then it's Gene Smart. I think it is.
Speaker 5: Smart's who's great too.
Speaker 4: But that's a great series.
Speaker 3: It's a great series. But they're doing this constantly, and you know, it turns me off. I don't like, you know, every single movie or show I watch has a.
Speaker 5: Angry black female.
Speaker 3: As a top cop. It's like, can we stop this. Every black chair's got to be the tough detective that shuts the guys up and come on, it's not real life. But that's where we're.
Speaker 5: At right now. I don't know. I don't see a change in sight.
Speaker 4: For a long time, I missed the good old days.
Speaker 1: I would have loved a real Superman movie. But he's not even this guy the actor refused to say in the American way or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And also the director, James Gunn, who used to have pedophile quotes on Twitter years back. It was like we called him. It was awful the shit he was saying.
Speaker 3: He said, the New Superman is about the new immigrants coming into America.
Speaker 5: I can't take it.
Speaker 3: I can't take it. That's really what Superman's about. That's what ruined the movie with ruined Captain America. It ruins every superhero movie because they go too much politically correct and it blows apart.
Speaker 1: So he he is an illegal immigrant from Krypton.
Speaker 4: Is that that's what it is?
Speaker 5: I guess that would I guess.
Speaker 1: The intergalactic border patrol didn't didn't get him at Earth's atmosphere and and block them out.
Speaker 5: But I'll tell you is I tell you speaking of ice.
Speaker 3: I know you guys don't see it as often as I do here, but it's dip dick cracking down in l A.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw that craziness with your lovely Mayor in the middle of.
Speaker 4: It, and.
Speaker 1: It was bound bound to happen with all the crazy rhetoric that's out there. But anyway, well, let's uh, let's look at my topics for for this week and see if there's some fun there. Let's go to the relationship that I think has probably been the top relationship of the twenty twenty four twenty twenty five time period, which is the bromance turned non romance between Elon Musk and Donald Trump, the one time co presidents, as I still love to call them. It's gone to a different place. So, you know, Elon's been really critical of the Big Beautiful Bill since the onset.
Speaker 4: I mean he was.
Speaker 1: It's not like there was a period where he was heavily supportive of it, but he's been critical.
Speaker 4: But he ratcheted up that criticism.
Speaker 1: As we sort of got to that July fourth deadline that that Trump had put out there, and he's now saying that he's going to create a third political party, the America Party.
Speaker 5: Oh god.
Speaker 1: So the guy who once declared a love for Trump as deep as quote one heterosexual man can have for another has lost that loving feeling in a very deep way. He's now claiming that the policies of Trump will lead the country to bankruptcy.
Speaker 4: And then Trump put out I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like an eight hundred word post on Truth's social where I just read a little bit of it. I'm sad to watch Elon go completely quote off the rails, essentially becoming an all caps train wreck over the past five weeks. He even wants to start a third political party, despite the fact that they have never succeeded in the US. The one thing third parties are good for is the creation of complete and total capitalized disruption and chaos, and we have enough of that with the radical left Democrats who have lost their confidence.
Speaker 4: In their minds.
Speaker 1: Republicans, on the other hand, are a smooth running machine that just passed the biggest bill of its kind and the history of our country. It's a great bill, but unfortunately for Elon it eliminates the ridiculous electric vehicle mandate. So he's putting Elon's position on the on the big beautiful bill, on the electric vehicle mandates, and that's really not what has set.
Speaker 4: Helon off in the direction he's gone in.
Speaker 1: But any thoughts on the bromance gone bad, guys, third party.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let Arena do this, But I want to say one thing real quick.
Speaker 3: I did predict months ago there was going to be a fight between these two and they wouldn't get along anymore. I know Trump too well, it's just the way he is and Elon he did kind of walk his statements back a couple of weeks ago, and now this new bullshit with a third party.
Speaker 5: I learned a lesson.
Speaker 3: You can't heckle a comic when he's on stage with the microphone because they always win. In the same way, you can't keep heckling the president who leads the free world. You're not going to beat Trump right now where he's at. So Elon is becoming a cranky baby. But Trump's going to win this war. But Arena, you tell me what you think about the relationship finished two men.
Speaker 2: You know I told you before about creating an image of the person after the first impression, you probably have seen a lot of couples when people meet and they say, Wow, she's exactly like me. She's my best friend, she's my past. See, we have so much in comma and after these two we just never talk again and hit each other great classics. So here kind of that type of thing, because don't become illusional about persons, so you don't have to become delusional afterwards. It was a very quick merriage. I know it should have happened so Trump would have won, and he did, and it was very empowering for him to get Illn Musk on his side. And I'm not would say who is right who's wrong, Like I'm nobody. I'm not in financial or political field to judge and none of those guys. But I feel like a little fortune teller because as Uaj said that it's going to be a fight one day in disagreement, I've said a couple of podcasts ago or maybe the last one that's going to be a new party, Elon Musk will try to do it. And now he is doing that. And I have to tell you, as far as I see American people, they are very dedicated and determined to everything what have been created for centuries, whether it rituals, I don't know, tradition or food. They're very consistent, consistent, excuse me about their choices. So I have no idea if the third party would survive in this country. But I do believe that American needed a little change. I always have been speaking about the independent about something. I'm independent. I think Mike you did that. You said a couple of times I'm independent. That I would probably call myself closer to Republicans one hundred percent, like because I respect a lot of a lot of a lot of things about their choice making. But there are a couple of things that I have my own opinion about that. But they're still in process, so maybe they will get there. So that's why I would say that I'm independent, much closer to Republicans if I had a choice to vote. But there is no such a party as independent. You can feel independent, but you can vote for that correct. It's you go left or you go right, and truth is always in the middle. We know it in life. So I have no idea what Elan Musk will be doing right now. I would say one thing Trump, whatever he is doing with any country of the world, with every inside and outside out action. It's always for the benefit of American American people. Meanwhile, Ilan Musk has a globe. He's already traveling to Mars. He's already building this train for two hours to get to London or even less. So he is kind of president of the globe because the That's why I think they had a disagreement of this big, beautiful bill, because they are too strong personalities. Plus Trump was thinking about America and cut off expenses and taxes and so on. Elon Musk was thinking about all to debt of United States, which all countries have. So I think he's thinking way too globally to represent just America. He should go on very international level. I don't know, like he lives here. So that's why he's taking care of America in his own way, the way he thinks it's the best for the country. But I'm just telling you, I think he has a very very global view on the world, not on America when he's based where he is based.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: I think these two people.
Speaker 1: Don't understand the times, or maybe they understand too well just how many people.
Speaker 4: They reach with their words.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: With the following that Elon has on X, you're gonna get tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of views or listens to anything he posts. Trump will do it on truth Social, but then it gets picked up on X and it will get tens of millions or hundreds of millions. So there's nothing discreet about anything that they that they say. And there these two personalities who raise the volume to ridiculous levels.
Speaker 4: They both of them.
Speaker 1: Say things they don't mean, just like other volatable people do in relationships, and it raises the bar and raises the bar, and then you know, there's there's an explosion. But you know, I don't blame Musk for his frustration. I mean, here's a guy who, I mean gave up, walked away from so much every day that he has going on with his companies to try and help this country. He gave an unbelievable effort at at least showing the pathway towards saving half a trillion, three quarters of a trillion, maybe even a trillion.
Speaker 4: Dollars, but didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Trump was really probably not serious about it from the get go, I mean, was only gonna let so much happen. Washington was only gonna let so much happen. There's just it is what it is. What it is, and you know, trying to to do something like get a balanced budget amendment passed or you know, something to finally shake because he's absolutely right, People like Thomas Massey and and Ram Paul and others are absolutely right that at some point somebody has to be brave enough to say, we can't continue down the path we're on. We can't continue with social security, we can't continue with with thirty plus million trillion dollars in debt.
Speaker 4: It's we got to cut the spending because you can't.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Trump's plan here is he believes he's going to raise the revenue enough to impact the deficit. Look, he'll prove a shit ton of people wrong if that actually happens. And the independent people or groups that have looked at this bill have been pretty unanimous that it's going to increase, not decrease, the deficit.
Speaker 4: So but you know, it's such a game of compromise.
Speaker 1: And when you run the kind of companies that must runs, you're a dictator. I mean you are a dictator in those companies. It comes down to you. You're the controlling shareholder. In every one of those circumstances. If something's going to happen in those companies, it's because you said yes. And if it's something that's not going to happen, it's because you said no. And you are used to being a king.
Speaker 4: I mean, people like to.
Speaker 1: Use that terminology as it relates to Trump, but if you look at the two of them, the one who lives life more as a king is actually Musk because he's running companies and can make those kind of decisions. And so to come into a job and to find all of this fraud, all of this misuse of funds, everything that they were able to find, and then to not be able to take action on so much of it, and then to watch a bill get past that's going to increase.
Speaker 4: The overall deficit. It you know it. It drove a man so.
Speaker 3: Well that that's why right now Trump is the king and you're not going to get much done in terms of going against him and this third party shit. But you know, Elon Musk is a young guy. He's also once in a millennial millennium genius. Uh, He's certainly going to be around and and you know, get with the next several presidents to push his agenda.
Speaker 5: So in the long run, he's gonna win.
Speaker 3: But right now, with Trump holding the gavel and holding you know, America over his head, uh, Elon has to make his points and just you know, jabbing, well.
Speaker 1: Elon is going to appeal to a lot of people like me. If he actually really wanted to run to find people who are more or less socially liberal but fiscally conservative. That's kind of a lane that nobody's servicing right now. That is kind of looking for a home and and that's what he presents. But but to fragment the Trump vote and create a lane for the Democrats to drive through would would be so self defeating. He's got to know that, and people advising him have to know that, and so something has to give somewhere along. I don't think he's gonna let a bunch of congressional seats go by the go by the wayside and hand him over to Democrats.
Speaker 3: And right, but we have to remember we have to remember too that if the Democrats wanted twenty twenty four, Elon's businesses would have been doomed. So it isn't like he made this partnership and friendship with Trump just because he's a good guy. The other side couldn't win or else Elan was gonna have a big, much bigger problems than he has now.
Speaker 5: So as I said, he's gonna be around for a long time.
Speaker 3: And this third party thing, I'm not sure, but I know the next the next administration he throws his his strength and trust behind, they're going to do a lot better than other people would.
Speaker 2: So may I give a little tougher about it. I totally think that no matter what which country you do, represent that political movement, any kind of movement, it's a dirty place to be. Why it's always be a trick in for that pops up a lot of things and facts are hidden, a lot of manipulation on very international level, and you have to do this or that. So to be a political guardian, it's going to be restricted to be. You have to do things that you have to do sometimes. I see Ellen Musk, I don't know. There are people, for example, like killers. They can't get married, and they can't get married because God doesn't want them to belong to one person. They want them to belong to the world. I don't know why Ill and Musk being genius one of the kind wants to be married to America and to political movement of United States. He's so up to me. He's so special. I didn't even want to know his personality because I only only wanted to know that Ila Musk did this, Ill Musk did that. He's interviewing people, he's spontaneous, he's doing innovations, he's flying to Mars. I love him like that. I want Elan Musk back. His whole is world. It's not America. He's exceptional, super talented, super gifted, and he's going down to politics. Why there would like because he was.
Speaker 1: He was so offended when he took over Twitter. He's so offended at what had gone on inside of Twitter, the impact Twitter had had on the twenty twenty election, et cetera, that it drove him.
Speaker 2: So he feels used and he wants to put I.
Speaker 3: Don't think it's I don't I still think you have to know his businesses would have done worse if the Democrats won in twenty twenty four. So he did this to survive himself. It wasn't like he just threw a support to John is a good guy.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't think so I mean, look a little bit better, a little bit worse. His businesses, none of it mattered.
Speaker 1: His grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren have more money than they well be able to spend.
Speaker 4: And that's just not it.
Speaker 1: I believe he's incredibly principled to the point.
Speaker 4: Where, uh, you know, his sort of his his.
Speaker 1: Principle and his aspergers or whatever you want to call his condiction, those things combined to where he he becomes just so driven and singular in his effort that this is all he's offended. He's offended by what has happened here because he gave so much to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not saying he's right or wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that's you know what I didn't. I didn't get I didn't understand what you said there. Fact he does. He does feel us for.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely. And I tell you as a person because my uncle was not that level but politician in Ukraine into parliament one or four hundred and fifty people like who's part of the rulers of the country. And I have to tell you he was poisoned. It was a criminal murder. And that's why I'm telling you I don't know why sad this genius, extreme talent, one of the kind. We don't have them a lot and enough in this world. He's moving the world, you know, with unbelievable speed to the stars. Why he is going on the level of politics which is always dirty and manipulity.
Speaker 4: Because he wanted to help and he thought he was uniquely.
Speaker 2: Positioned, not before before what he wanted. I know what he wanted. Now he has to pass on it. And I believe that American needs refreshment, okay, and not only left on right. And I told you two podcasts ago that he will do it, you will, right.
Speaker 4: I was right.
Speaker 2: It's a woman's intuition. But I have to tell you because he's so unbelievable with his thirteen ideas, that's his place the world, not one country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we'll see if if this third party takes off and it's really serious, then the midterms are going to be very interesting because you're going to take away votes and uh, you know, a lot's gonna be hanging in the balance.
Speaker 2: All the world depends from America anyway. Maybe that's his way to influence. The world started from United States.
Speaker 1: Not a bad idea, well, wild, I don't think he'll, you know, bite his nose off to spite his face. I think he'll there'll be some sort of channeling of whatever this ends up being to where it's not going to damage the Republicans, who he certainly sees as much more viable for the country than than the other side, even though he sees the uniparty, if you will, right, right, right, let's let's turn to this that we haven't been able to probably turn away from. I know, I haven't this tragedy in Texas and then everything that's sort of grown out of that, the stuff that's beautiful and amazing and the stuff that's disgusting and political and and everything like that.
Speaker 4: But we're just such a freak thing. And you to me.
Speaker 1: When I looked at the topography there, which I've heard of Texas Hill Country, I never really spent. I've been to San Antonio a bunch of times. I've been to Austin, and I know it's kind of in between there and just north of the.
Speaker 4: But I've never been through it.
Speaker 1: These hills have like fifteen hundred to three thousand foot sort of elevations, so there are many mountains and that area that got hit here sort of if you think of the mountains as like a u and there being.
Speaker 4: A flat bottom to the you all this water. It's like the camp was at the bottom of a drain.
Speaker 1: It just all this water just came in, flooted down these hills, right into this catch basin, right where this camp stood, and.
Speaker 4: I mean three feet of rock. But but just.
Speaker 1: The timing of it, four o'clock in the morning, the tar the rain could have could have focused ten miles in another direction. And it's no big I mean, it's a perfect storm of storms.
Speaker 4: If you will. And yeah, and just there's nothing worse than seeing.
Speaker 5: Kids, families slept away. I can't. I can't say.
Speaker 3: You know, the great Catherine Stewart, my longtime listener, lives not far from there. She knows people who have died and stuff and friends with people who died.
Speaker 5: Uh, I can't you know.
Speaker 3: Look, we talked about Katrina with with your buddies in Louisiana last year.
Speaker 5: A couple of years ago. Did did the fact that the water gets so high, so fat.
Speaker 3: Twenty two feet in Texas, twenty two feet in a matter of hours.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, but well got to thirty thirty thirty really Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's hard to keep reading it because of all the tragedy. But there's always happens, whether it's.
Speaker 5: Katrina or Sandy or any disaster.
Speaker 3: North Carolina politics, finger pointing, where's FEMA?
Speaker 5: What did you do?
Speaker 3: The trump suck a lot of the dough, suck a lot of employees out and make it different for the alarms to go off and people be told. I don't think so, because I heard that two days before they were warned about a possible flood. Maybe a lot of people don't like to leave. People just we'll be okay, we've been through this before. We'll be all right. We see it all the time, but this is so sad. But it's trumpet fault. It's dose at fault.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's like I think the United States, it's as just say Snickele zone. It's geographically, you know, there are so many trials unexpectedly and it's a huge country. And I would tell you that when somebody is leaving this planet, you usually think about God and you think, oh, he was taking this person for a reason, for good for bad, and you have lots of thirds. I know that some people don't love to leave their roots because that's what happened in was my citizenship, not citizenship with citizens of Ukraine. A lot of people could leave Ukraine, but they still don't. So people here are very loyal to their territories and origin as well. But I would probably hear on this episode speak more about how to deal with it, because you know how many people lost their children, for example, and how you overcome the grief because it's almost impossible. I'll give you another example, which was Kenny's friend guys from Cigar Lounges too, like great guys. Actually they lost two sons. And when you think about this, what happened in Texas, because that's a massive thing that nature created, and there were kind of death, very very strange test. One guy he fell on the bottom on the swamp or he was going with a dog and it was a bad weather. So one person death and the other guy had a very unexpected and extreme death as well. And you never know, because death is the death. It doesn't matter it's aircraft, its flows, floats in Texas or what happened in California, or it's Katrina hurricane. I think that it's very difficult for people to like to live after people who stayed alive. Because if you think about this, what is trauma? It's always personalized because you think that your grief is the worst because it touches you and let's say, worried somewhere else, but here, I lost my brother or father. That's personal, that's about me, and it looks bigger than anything else on the planet. It's always shocking or unexpected, and it's always you know, traumatized. It's painful for you and how you live after. Because people first think they do they deny it. They think, oh, wow, it's not happened. Maybe this person is alive. Because if you think, now, what's happening to the mother's who look for the kids? You know your parents like and it's horrible, it's the worst. But after they feel a lot of anger. Why why am I child? Yeah? The other thing people start to think, what if what if we left on vacation into Hawaii? What if we went our birthday or some party celebration in New York? What if you know, what if I left here? In that signal that you should leave, And then after it starts kind of guiltless depression and the worst thing that acceptance. It's far away, so I'm sorry for the souls for a gun because loss is a loss, but I've been most sorry for people who stayed because it's a painful life afterwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't imagine this.
Speaker 3: I do think there's some yan and yang to this, which is, you know, you think about all that the talk over the years of Texas at one point being Mexico and then we take it back blah blah blah, and now you've got all these ice agents everywhere getting.
Speaker 5: Rid of Mexicans and Central Americans. And if you think about the you know, the Guadalupe means the river of the Wolf. It's a very strong, strong river, and Guadaloupe in Spanish it represents resistance against oppression. Isn't that poetic about all the stuff.
Speaker 3: They're going through now, these Central Americans and then this river overflows in America and kills somebody.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it's almos. It gives me chills.
Speaker 3: It's like, what bigger, what bigger entity is listening and watching all this stuff that's going on. Well, you've got boxers like Julio Caesars, shovels, they're just sport getting arrested and holed out of America the other day.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, what's going on. There's a building around the corner that old.
Speaker 3: I guess they're all eagles because the buildings stopped being put up. No one on the site anymore. It's like six stories high, an apartment building and it just stopped. It's wild, what's happening.
Speaker 2: The second favorite state. I love Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah I've not been there enough, but I want to love it. I love Texas people and what they stand for. But yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: I know what I would be doing if God forbid, what do you do lost a child that way?
Speaker 4: I would be.
Speaker 1: Obsessed with just hoping it was immediate, that they didn't know it was coming, they didn't feel anything. It was over in a millisecond and that's it. But I'd be having nightmares about them going through some horribly traumatic experience and having a painful death. And I mean that would drive that would just drive me crazy. I see these the family from Dallas that has the two just beautiful.
Speaker 4: Little girls, yeah eight years old.
Speaker 1: And the grace with which that family's handling everything, it's it's amazing and the strength is showing early. But you know, been around a lot of people right after tragedy and the grief doesn't kick in because the supports systems all around, friends and family are all around you. It's in the news, there's there are funerals to attend, there's stuff to prepare.
Speaker 4: There's all of that noise around it.
Speaker 1: And then there's going to be when things get quiet and you're supposed to move on with life and you can't move on because there's just this huge hole in your heart.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That when the last relative leaves your house because you lost a parent or what have you, and the food is already and the funeral is done, the wake is done, they're all gone and you just left with your family and you then that's when you break down, like, fuck, now we have to deal with this with no one around us.
Speaker 5: And look at there's a woman and I'm sure there's many who has carried twenty miles out of town. They found it clean into a tree. What.
Speaker 3: I don't know how long it takes to go twenty miles in a flooding river, But what the fuck was that like for this woman?
Speaker 1: I can't imagine. It's a brutal thing. And when when that kind.
Speaker 4: Of a tragedy happens.
Speaker 1: How anybody starts poking around the edges trying to find somebody to blame for political gain.
Speaker 4: Look it.
Speaker 1: The problem is it worked so well on Bush's second term, blaming the aftermath of Katrina all on him, the pictures of him flying above it in the in the helicopter and go to the ground and FEMA and and everything became his destroyed the rest the remainder of his presidency.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's where it was learned, how to do this, Take a tragedy and restage it for political gain and position happenings for political don't don't.
Speaker 5: Don't waste a big tragedy. There's a lot of ammo in that. Don't waste the tragedy. It's horrible.
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's sad.
Speaker 1: And anybody who believes that anything that happened is the fault of this administration or the prior administration or its folks, it's just a horrible, horrible tragedy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: But then again, and I know you're right, these things converge, and you know, the impossible happens. But like in California, no water in the hydrants, you know, not sug not getting bullshit out of the forest, the dead wood. There were things that were done where California executives, administrators, politicians are guilty of being lax in those So, I mean, we're gonna find out.
Speaker 4: Sure now, I don't know if anybody's gonna be able to.
Speaker 1: Tell what would have happened had those things gone according to plan or or not happened, But there was going to be a tremendous amount of devastation.
Speaker 4: Regardless, you know so.
Speaker 1: And that's what happens is the right does it when tragedy happens when the left is in office, and the left does it when a tragedy happens when the right is in office.
Speaker 4: And it's just a horrible it's disgusting.
Speaker 5: I just let me correct me. From heat. This is caused from just heavy rainfall.
Speaker 3: That's what began. I mean, that's essentially what didn't rainfall in the mountains. The mountains become the water oall flows and it just destroys.
Speaker 1: A tremendous amount of rainfall coming in a very short period of time. It all only has one place to go. Oh yeah, and you know, look it happened in nineteen eighty seven. It didn't happen to can't mystic happened to another killed a bus full of young girls, not this young. I mean they were teenagers trying to evacuate. But this is an area that is susceptible to these things. It's just like, look, when I moved to California, I had no frickin' idea what I was doing. In New York, we had hurricanes and in my lifetime, we never really had a super bad one. And you moved to California and you're not thinking about wildfires, and you're not thinking about mud slides, and you're not thinking about earthquakes, even though you're scared of them. You don't know that there's like a place to live and not live to avoid. We just so happened to find an area we liked and buy a house there that is actually pretty protected from shand area from everything but earthquakes. I mean, I don't think there's a place to go that you're protected from earthquakes. But these people who live in where every Santa Ana event there, you know they're crossing themselves or you know, have the vulnerability to mud slides after the fires.
Speaker 3: It's you they should they should do like a long study on this area now to find out in the long run, how many divorces will there be, how many suicides, how many people stop working or just lose their their love of life for losing children. I'm not I don't want to read this survey. I don't want to read this down the road. But I can't imagine life just continuing when a child or two of yours gets just sucked away and gone. I can't imagine getting up, like you said, but everything's done and the papers are gone, and then what you go back to your fucking job. You go back to your cubicle, go back to the office. I can't imagine it.
Speaker 4: Hopefully the people around those families.
Speaker 1: Find a way to rally around those families and help support them. You you start charities in the name of the lost kids to raise money for this cause or that cause, or you you have to. It's like a tunnel of the towers. Frank Siller starts this thing after so do I, and it's it's that kind of thing you have to. I think the only way to kind of get through it. The families that I have seen get through things like this throw themselves at trying to find a cure or you know, help avoid the kind of city because now you're doing it in memory of that persona And the whole idea behind you're doing is everything you're doing is wanting that memory to live on and.
Speaker 4: Give it greater, greater purpose.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you're right.
Speaker 3: I know five K races, I've been around those tragedies, but as a race for the kid who died, et cetera. I know, it just puts on a very very sad course in life. And I'm sure marriages to deteriorate and suicides go up.
Speaker 1: And you know, I had a guy that I worked with for years who, at age thirty nine, had his aortic valve burst in our office.
Speaker 4: While doing a meeting and he.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand what was I got in the ambulance with him as the MS guys came and they looked at me and they said, you know your friend is dead.
Speaker 4: Oh God, And I didn't know.
Speaker 1: And it and I had called his wife and said, Glenn fainted.
Speaker 4: I'm taking him to the hospital. Meet me at the hospital. So now I've got his wife coming.
Speaker 1: To meet me and she thinks they fainted in the office, and she's going to get there, and.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have to tell her these days, and well, you know, we we used to.
Speaker 1: He had three young kids at the time, and we started a a trust to pay for college for the kids and did an annual golf tournament and raised a lot of money through that golf tournament that that got the kids through college and kept Glenn's name a lot of it. But her life afterwards, I mean, you know, just and she's a really strong, really really a brilliant woman. But I mean it's a struggle.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's no we're talking about this right this river.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile in Ukraine, where Arena's from, this is happening on a daily basis, Like people are losing the cellar.
Speaker 4: Still happening, happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what, aj, what's the difference? In my mind? I think that this is very horrible to admit. But I don't know it's a political mistake, it's administrative mistake, or it's you spoke about administration, it's God's administration. The things like these massive things, whatever it's war or its hurricane, are happening because if you think about it, how many lives I'd taken at the same second, the same moment I know, like all over, different genders, different ages, different inspirations, different beliefs, different mentalities, nationalities. Sometimes depends because America is a multicultural country. So you can't say that we're only Americans. They were, you know, so people with different destinies and different you know, aspirations.
Speaker 3: We Trump said today or yesterday, we have to keep arm in Ukraine.
Speaker 5: They have to protect themselves. So he's on board, and Putin doesn't want to stop. It's bad.
Speaker 2: You know. I definitely believe in President Trump's decisions. You know, I said that since he won, I said, I hope he's going to do something, not only for America, for my mother and two. So I was kind of believing in him twice the only one thing where he didn't expect it to be so because he's thought Putting his talkative. You can talk to Putting and his joke, his jerk joke and everything. What is an idiot and the sick personality, So yeah's you how you can talk to a sick person who is about to like you know, nobody knows he's about to die. There was another version that his dead already and this his operating.
Speaker 5: I'm obsessed with. He might have clone.
Speaker 2: That's very who are traced to him because he's scared to be shot and to be you know, like kidnapped or whatever go on to the trial. So we don't even know with whom we deal is and who is really like take take care of Russia and all those governmental decisions and you see they are like they look like they represent Soviet Union with Verans and the border and like, you know, any.
Speaker 4: Was who is the guy that just got killed?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Another one I don't know, probably know, but he was he.
Speaker 1: Was fired by Putin and the day after he was fired he was murdered.
Speaker 5: Oh really, but we don't.
Speaker 4: You don't know who I'm talking about, Arena, I don't. I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 2: Shame on me. I don't. My mother probably does because she's.
Speaker 3: All it was the minister a Russian minister found dead. Uh.
Speaker 5: Fired Russian minister found dead in his car with a gunshot head. Uh name Roman Starovoid.
Speaker 2: I don't watch Russian news forever. I never was interested because there are no news in this country. There's just manipulation. They live in prison. I don't want day.
Speaker 5: They don't want to look at the end of the day, but they don't want us to know anything. We don't know anything.
Speaker 4: Just you're never You're never gonna know anything, just like that.
Speaker 5: But Jeffrey Epstein, you know, yes, we all look, we all feel.
Speaker 4: Don't go there.
Speaker 5: But it just drives me crazy.
Speaker 3: I want to like Patel and Bondi, And I said Bondi and Bongino I wasn't crazy about. But I didn't think cash buttels and bullshears. But now I just I find it in saying that, oh, there's no less, there's nothing. We forget it. You didn't do anything. Come on, guys, j you're.
Speaker 2: A bigger movies. How many serious we watched already sharing together all of us. You know how they discovered, they investigated after they find out that it came from the same person who was actually ordering the investigation, and after okay, what do we have to do? We have to drop it off because somewhere else, on the other part of the play, it's going to be an influence. That's why I said, political is uh like affairs. They are dirty. They have to be. Maybe they don't want to be, they have to be.
Speaker 5: It's a filthy game.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Okay, can we go for something a colic.
Speaker 1: So you're you're on the the list is the You're not on the he didn't he was murdered thing?
Speaker 4: Are you still on the he was murdered thing?
Speaker 5: I I do believe that with a minute missing from that tape. You can see there's a minute missing. I don't like the fact that Michael bidden.
Speaker 3: I love that Michael Biden said the bones that were broken in his neck more resemble a strangulation, not a hanging.
Speaker 4: No, this guy, Michael Michael Boden is a for higher crook. He's a fucking liar. He's guys, guys.
Speaker 3: He sat over how many hundreds, hundreds, and.
Speaker 1: He's for hire to say whatever you need him to say. Look at the Look at the Derek Chauvin a case with him.
Speaker 5: But Chauvin wasn't killed by me on his neck.
Speaker 4: Chauvin didn't kill anyone.
Speaker 3: He was Shelvin didn't kill Saint George Floyd with me on his neck, was on his upper back.
Speaker 1: Boden said, he still puts pressure on You're experts said, he did.
Speaker 5: Well, look at I can't.
Speaker 1: He'll say whatever anybody pays him to say.
Speaker 4: Disregard anything that guy said.
Speaker 5: I don't believe Evert was killed himself. I just I don't believe. I want to know why the cameras around, and what there's a minute missing, and why the guards were sleeping. Look at man, if it smells like shit, it's ship. That's just too many, just too many.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll have I'll pull the episode and and have you listen to the John Ziggler taking apart every every bit of this thing.
Speaker 5: Let's not let's not forget.
Speaker 3: John Zigglers said Donald Trump cannot win, and I said he's gonna win by a landslide, and I fucking was right, So Sicki's not always right.
Speaker 5: He's a great reporter, but it's not always right. Not everybody is.
Speaker 4: What what you're that?
Speaker 5: You mean?
Speaker 4: Twenty sixteen, I said Trump's gonna win by lance? Yeah, no, look you were no one.
Speaker 3: Sigla, Jay Zigla's done more of this than you can imagine.
Speaker 4: Got it ninety ninety something percent, you know what, the odds.
Speaker 5: Were a great report.
Speaker 4: He pulled it unbelievable inside straight and won a.
Speaker 3: Great But anyhow, I just think Epstein has there's just too many bad things surrounding him. Maybe I'm wrong, but a lot of people feel like I do. It's just very strange this guy's gone. But anyhow, that's a whole two shows in a row.
Speaker 5: Forget about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's this is like the third week in a row.
Speaker 1: I get, I prepare like five topics and we get to like two of where she invites thanks for listening, and we will be back at you with episode thirty eight.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks guys.
Speaker 5: Then that was weird.