Speaker 1: It's night Side, Dan Ray, Undonian Mazy, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we have reached the end of a full week here on Nightside. We have been together five nights this week. And for those of you who are keeping score, and I don't think probably too many of you are keeping score, this is my three thousandth nine hundred and ninety ninth show on Nightside. We started in two thousand and seven. We officially named the show of Nightside on October first, two thousand and seven. That was a Monday. We had done some shows during that previous summer of two thousand and seven, but it was not titled Nightside. But counting those shows, we will hit show number four thousand next week. That's a lot of shows, eighteen plus, well seventeen plus years. We do about two hundred and twenty five shows a year. Anyway, Having said all of that, I want to thank you all of you who have been so loyal to this program over such a long period of time. Let me if I can just quickly recap this week. We started off on Monday talking about that earthquake up off the coast of Maine with Professor John Ebel of Boston College. The Western Observatory. We talked about simplifying your home. I guess making it more livable. Monday, during the eight o'clock hour, we had a little bit of a weather forecast because we had a snow coming in the next day. Didn't quite mount to too much. Then we talked with Debbie Colton about Holocaust Remembrance Day. We talked with State Senator Julian Seer of the Cape and the Islands about a banning cell phone usage in schools, which I think is a good idea. We talked about the Columbian president caving to Donald Trump over the acceptance of Colombian migrants who are in this country illegally, and also talked about the Trump administration needs for transparency to let people see what's going on, simple as that over the weekend. I didn't think they were particularly transparent last weekend about the initial raids. They seem to be getting a little bit better, but they need to get even better. The next night, we talked about some programs at Arts Emerson with Susan Chinsen. Talked with Matty McCarthy about a Valentine's Day roundup lots of different restaurants for next Friday, night, if you're interested. Brenda Siri talked with her about the frustration of people having college degrees but no jobs available, and to talk with Chris Price as of the Boston Well sort of a Super Bowl preview. May White mayor wo excuse me, that's the last mayor with a W. Kevin White Mayor WU has been called to testify about sanctuary cities and cooperation with federal government in Washington. We talked about that on Tuesday night. We also gave President Trump a lot of credit for the executive order which will open up the assassination files dealing with President Kennedy, Senator Robert Kennedy, and the Reverend doctor Martin Luther King. We need to know exactly what happened there. Then we talked with a character whose name is Phyllis Watt Wheatley about the Freedom Trail the African American Patriots Tour, which are now available. Talk with Deborah Graham about the psychic connection, Lee Holden about Chi gong a way to relieve stress and it actually does work. Talked about the future of robotics, talked spent an hour with Professor John Ebel of Boston College. Because we not only had the earthquake on Monday, but we had an aftershock on Wednesday, and then we spent a couple of hours talking about the Robert F. Kennedy at hearing, and that was interrupted sadly by that DC plane crash. And of course last night we talked about the DC plane crash and its impact as we found out on people from the New England area. Early in the show last night, we talked about the best cars of twenty twenty five with John Vincent of US World and News Reports. We will hope to have him back and take some calls from you. Talk with Caleb Thome about LEGO sixty seventh birthday. Talked with a writer from USA Today, Kathleen Long, about Americans tens of thousands of Americans retiring around the world. I was stunned by. I talked with William Forschen about EMT attacks electromagnetic pulses. We also talked last night with Don Grant, who's a mental health expert. By the way, the interview with Professor at the nine o'clock interview on Wednesday night with Professor John Ebel of Boston College and Western Observatory will be replayed as the best of nightside this coming Sunday night, so I hope you get a chance to listen to that on Sunday night. We always take one hour during the week and play it in the following Sunday night. And then last night we talked about keeping your New Year's goals with a vain artery specialist, doctor Bob Anderson, talked with Joel jeff Zeff about National Have Fun at Work Today, which was kind of interesting, talk with an attorney Dawn Fountain about Amazon now being responsible for products that they send that are not that cause damage, and talk with doctor Jennifer Curtis about a new school opening in Weymouth for children who are dyslexic. The nine o'clock hour talk with Gayla Crowley, Boston Herald reporter about the White Stadium controversy, and also longtime activist City Boston activist Lewis As joined us. And then last hour we talked with the couple's therapist, Carolyn Sharp. Now I mentioned this those of you who do not normally hear us, I mention it by telling you that we cover lots of stuff. We really do cover lots of stuff, and if you miss it, you can always listen to an hour. You missed a night'side into Vietnam. Here's what I want to do tonight, my least favorite month of the year, has about forty five minutes left. This is Friday Night. We always do twenty thousand. We try to pick a subject that everybody can participate in. Everybody gets what we call a hall pass, meaning even if you're called earlier this week, you can call them this hour and express yourself. The question tonight is I am thrilled whenever January ends. I look at the calendar as what's six months from tonight? Six months from Dynay's July twenty is July thirty first. And I don't like when we're partially through the summer, because half the summer's gone. But I do like when we're halfway through the winter. I don't like the month of January. I will give you my reasons for it, but I am happy. January is about to slide off and on into oblivion, and we will be in February in about an hour. I want to hear from you. Are you happy? I'm particularly happy. There's no month that I like to see off the calendar more than January. I'll give you some of my reasons, but I want to hear yours. If you love January, I mean, if you are somebody who goes skiing every day in January here in New England. You can tell me that I'm an idiot. That's fine, no problem, okay, But I am thrilled that January is gone. I'll give you some reasons I want to hear from you. Do you agree with me that this is a happy night because tomorrow will be February and we are another month closer to spring and summer. Uh and February has lots of good stuff in it and January has very little good stuff in it. I will explain I hope to hear from you. Join the conversation. You can call now even before you hear what my reasons are, which is even better. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty. Coming right back on the nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on w WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, so I can give you a thousand reasons why I do not like January. You probably can give me reasons why you don't like it as well, and if you can six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. I'm gonna start it off with Laurie in Idaho, one of my favorite callers. I've never met Laurie, but someday we'll have a chance to meet, maybe in Idaho, maybe here. Who knows, Laurie, welcome back to night, said, how are you? Thank you?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm with you. I'm so done, like bye bye January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what is it about January that that troubles you?
Speaker 3: Winter? And this especially this winter it's been we just had basically we've had so little sun since October. It's just overtask and wet rain and it's what it's cold rain or whatever. But in general, so we really do have more daylight technically in January when the sun comes out than December. But you think about it, December is kind of bookmarked or book ended by holidays. You get the holidays before the holidays, during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like this Thanksgiving in January, Thanksgiving Christmas. No. I mean, first of all, look, I know that there's MLK Day in January, which kind of breaks the month up a little bit. But other than that, what does January have to offer? I know they offer football playoffs, but we know it's a always going to be the Kansas City Chiefs in the super Bowl. I mean that's what. Well, it was the Patriots, now it's the chief You know, that might be part of my problem.
Speaker 4: Patriots.
Speaker 2: The Patriots are done there, they're they're done. So there's no football, there's no baseball. Uh, the the Celtics have been in the swoon and the Bruins are have really not together. They they haven't put much together yet and they're in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Might miss the playoffs. I'm telling you right now, they might miss the playoffs. Yeah, which would be which would be stunning as far as inatruction. But then you look at feal. What else does January have? Long days, cold, nothing, that's it nothing. You know, after New Year's it's all over, and and New Year's Eve is over before January starts.
Speaker 3: Think a true and I don't like the ski so that there there's no carrot for me there and I.
Speaker 2: And the besides bills in January, they're no, they're no more Christmas cards, that's over, no notes or anything. The only thing you get in the mail. Are your regular bills? You know you have no money left, so they want you to buy stuff January sales if I get about it, or or you get stuff that you have to put in your file in prepping for taxes, you get.
Speaker 3: All that stuff to step it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you got to keep this file and you got to you gotta. If you lose something, God forbid February. You've got Groundhog's Day is going to be on Sunday? Wow? Right, isn't in February? Second Valentine's Day, there's always hope in Valentine's Spring training baseball in Florida. The truck leaves from Fenway Park. Ye, Lincoln's birthday, George Washington's birthday are too, arguably greatest presence my birthday born in February, and I think Ronald Reagan was born in February. And your birthday when is your birthday?
Speaker 3: Nineteenth?
Speaker 2: Nineteenth?
Speaker 3: Wow, we'll all Washington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have to sing Laurie Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: That's okay. But yeah, this is going and it just it gets it's it's getting towards spring, and it's just January, and of course January has to be thirty one days. Yeah, it'll be the thirty you know.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I hear you, I totally hear you. So those those are my reasons. And uh, and there's probably a few more. The other thing too, in all honesty is I kind of feel like winter's half over now. I mean I know that in New England it doesn't get great until May. I get it. I get it. So we still got to go through February, March, and April.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: I know we'll get black somewhere along the line.
Speaker 2: Right right, But but we've we've gone through October, November, December and January. So we got four of the big, you know, big months out of the way. February will go by quickly, March will be there. We got Saint Patrick's Day? Who does and love Saint Patrick's Day? And then yes, absolutely, you got January is really getting the short shrift here, that's all they try.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make me want to be there any less, just because I feel sorry for it.
Speaker 2: Only if you graduated from Ohio State or Notre Dame, did you really care about who won that football game the national Championship? There was nothing to that. It was. It was not like the sweets, you know, the March madness. March madness gets people.
Speaker 3: I've well, I've always rooted for Nerding no matter what, I was really hoping for them. But now March madness is just they made such a big thing of it. It's so much fun now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh absolutely, absolutely Well, Laurie, thank you very much. You got us go in here, and hopefully we'll hear from some other people. I think I think that this is an argument that there really isn't much of an argument in favorite January.
Speaker 3: I mean no, it's more just a chance to chance to rant a little bit.
Speaker 2: And well, they used to have correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they used to have long time ago in January. White sales.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Remember those were you could get like sheets and pillowcases all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine them having a white sale now? I mean they would be so inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Even Black Friday. Nobody has a color left in them.
Speaker 2: That's exactly it, you know. So anyway, Laurie, you are the best, You were the best. I wish you a very happy month of February and we will talk many times.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you you as well. Thank you for letting me get it off my chest.
Speaker 2: Thanks for getting it going. Okay, thank you all right. I want to hear from some more of you. Six one, seven, two, five, four tenth. Now everybody says to me, well, you only do brushes with celebrity. You don't do Look, we do like grinds your gears, we do that. I try to come up with some things that are different. Okay, that's today. It struck me. I said, it's January thirty first, it's the month. It's almost over. It's we've done nineteen shows here in January, and I had how many days did I have off? I had a bunch of days off this month. I mean I would have done it. I would have had to have done like twenty three or twenty four shows this month. So feel free. You got the number six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'm loving the fact that January will be in our view rearview mirror in about thirty five minutes. Let me see what Christine and Dedam says. Christine, welcome, How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm good, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling it, very happy that February is upon us.
Speaker 3: Me too, me too.
Speaker 8: I don't like January because it's a Christmas. It's such a letdown and it's so cold you can't walk outside. But I love go to is see what the groundhop says in February.
Speaker 2: Allan, but by the way, you know the groundhog's not legitimate, right, I don't even think that's a real groundhog. No, Well, they always think bring about the poor thing, and it doesn't make sense. They'll say, if he sees his shadow, that means winter's over. If he doesn't see his shadow and it's sunny, then we're gonna have six more weeks of winteret That doesn't make any to me. I've never figured out.
Speaker 7: I know that's true. This was the last chaf for the groundhops.
Speaker 2: What what is the best part about February? What do you like about February.
Speaker 7: I like that you it'll it'll start warming up in red soft team will becoming spring training, Valentine coming and then not pay cackers and then Easter. I love like the spring Easter.
Speaker 3: I love that it's everything flower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like we have gone we have gone through the worst of it. I mean, it's winter's not over, but we've been pretty lucky with a big snorm storm. Some I read I listened to the one of the weather people today said that we actually have had more snow. I don't believe this, by the way, but they said we've had more snow this winter than the last two winters. I guess we didn't get any snow the last two winters.
Speaker 7: January, you gain your game your game weight because you can't get out and walk out. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a that's another thing. Yeah, or or you have to. I don't go to a gym and pay money. Once April comes, you get out and and and walk however, however far you're able, however you want, that's for sure. Well, Christine, so far as you it's you, me and Laurie against January. And I like it. I like those odds.
Speaker 3: Me too, me.
Speaker 2: So hey, have a great rest of January. It'll be over in thirty three minutes and we'll be we'll be halfway this summer, simple as that, right.
Speaker 6: Day.
Speaker 3: Well you allright, I'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: I'll be back next week. I gotta take a couple of days on personal business. Thanks Christine, doctor you soon. Thanks good night. Florence is in Groveland, Hi, Florence.
Speaker 4: How are you tonight, Oh?
Speaker 6: Great, Hi, Dan. Then I find that January it's always very boring, really, and I look forward to February because all three of us, myself and my two children were all February birthdays. Really, yes, we have nine. My daughter me the sixteenth, and my son is the twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: And then my son always remembers me on Valentine Day as well, with a card and little gift, and he's been doing that for years.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's great, that's great, you know, and he shall always be his Valentines.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And so February and extrastential because all three of us being in the same month, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll tell you. So that's a pretty good trifecta. Okay, But I got even another trifector for you. In my opinion, three great presidents, arguably close to the three greatest presidents, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Ronald Reagan February all February. Reagan was on February sixth, Lincoln February twelfth, and Washington was February twenty second. So I just think, and there's probably a couple of more presidents there when you think about it. I mean, we've only had you know, forty seven presidents, but really we've only had forty five because you've got to count. I mean, you know, Trump is forty five and forty seven, and then you had Grover Cleveland, who is counted twice. So we've only had forty five presidents. And there's only you know, thirty days. In most months, thirty days has September, April, June, and November all the rest of thirty one except February. We know that from our grade school. But to have Reagan, Lincoln and Washington and Florence and two of her children in February, that's a pretty special month. Florence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I look forward to it.
Speaker 2: You're in good company. You're in very good company. Florence. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for calling in. And I'm gonna I forgot to tell everybody tonight Happy New Year, because I have a rule that as long as it's January, I can still say Happy New Year. Once it's February, the happy New Year greeting goes away for another year. So let me be the last to wish you happy New Year, okay.
Speaker 6: And happy New Year to you and your family, great.
Speaker 2: Thanks Florence, we'll talk soon. Okay, thank you much, good night. Okay, so so far we have unanimity. Laurie, Christine and Florence agree with me that January is a horrible month. I mean, it just is no fun. It's a no fun month. Oh, it's the month when you stop drinking, It's the month when you stop eating stuff you like. I mean, it's New Year's resolutions are good, don't get me wrong. But still it calls for sacrifice and denial. So I want to hear from you if if you really see some value to January. Okay, I mean, it's it's fun. It's fun when you say, wow, it's a new year, twenty twenty five. But that that kind of weirs off pretty quickly when you think about it. Okay, Now we have another plane crash tonight. This one in Philadelphia. Doesn't sound good. It's smaller, but certainly it was I guess it was a medical flight on its way to Springfield, Missouri. Here's the CBS News special report on the question.
Speaker 1: Now you're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w BEAZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're talking about the end of January. I am very happy that January is over. Love to know what you think. We are taking phone calls. Let us go next to Gary and Woolburn. I don't have no idea what Gary's going to say, but it's going to be interesting. Gary, you happy January is over?
Speaker 3: And no, no, it's not going to be interesting at all. Dan, January, February and March is absolutely miserable. I hate everything about it.
Speaker 2: So you don't like So how do you? How do you like January?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Even when I was a kid, I didn't like winter, even though I went out to boggaining and ice hockey and so forth. But it's just miserable. It's cold, and at sixty one years of age, it's just just brings you down. I'm talking to you from a McDonald's in Woven right now because as you got off the road, because I was working and uh claiming offices and uh for the past hour. I'm just drinking my diet coke and about to go home and I'm enjoying myself. A couple of things I want to bring to your attention out there before I leave is I went to the store today again. I had no idea. I have a bad habit of eating a certain breakfast of breakfast sausage and home fried potatoes where I live again. I didn't know a dozen eggs and six dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where it was the last time you bought eggs? Uh?
Speaker 3: Months and months and months. H. I go to a buddy's house and I eat breakfast there and uh, and he serves eggs and so forth. But I had no idea. I'm very oblivious and stupid to this. I mean, can you explain what's going on? I know there's a bird flu.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, there's the bird flu, there's there's there's there's some complications there. Obviously, prices have gone up. Even before bird flew, prices were getting expensive, and it's got to work its way through the system. I guess it's you know, there are people who just rely upon eggs, and I eat eggs like everybody else. But guess what, when they become too expensive, I can pass on them. You know, I don't look at them as something that is critical to my to my existence. I mean some people from for me, it's I I every morning I eat my packet of Awaken one eighty cocoa cereal. That's you know that ever goes out, I'm gonna be in big trouble. But others are different. People are different. Gary, you got to learn. I guess to say, hey, okay, maybe take a break from eggs.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you had a show I believe it was last night. You had two different guests. I forget what it was about. My mind's a plank because I'm getting so old. If you can remind me, because it was one of the best. Oh, you had an hour. I gotta tell you again. You know I hate political talk, right, you had an hour on OH with the woman from the USA Today newspaper, and it was so outstanding. Every time you never talk about politics, you talk about other issues. Your show is number one because everybody doesn't have guests, Like is it your production team that picks up all these guests for you?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm very happy to hear that. We also had a great guest last night, a mental health expert from Los Angeles, doctor Don Grant. We had a couple of good guests tonight. We talked about the Yeah, we try to we try to have different topics. Gary's that's we don't do the same show every night. It takes a lot of work to put a show like this together. And by the way, we do our four thousand night side show next week. Tonight is three thy nine ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Well, Dan, this is why you're number one in the radio. And I'm glad you take days off because after all, you're like atting any younger and so forth is.
Speaker 2: Just find me someone who's getting younger. Gary, if they found the fountain of youth, that would be great. Gary. I gotta keep rolling here, enjoy your pepsi, and get home safely if they. I know it's rained a lot tonight, but I think the temperature is going to drop, so make sure you get home before the roads the roads freeze. Okay, thanks, thanks a mat, I appreciate it. Thank you much. David in San Francisco. David, do you like January? And if so, why so?
Speaker 5: January is very boring. I guess it's because of the excitement of the holidays and everything, and there's really nothing going on. It's easily cold and dark. But anyhow, I really like February though, because it's, first of all, it's President's months. Yeah, and it's also Black History months.
Speaker 2: We got Black History, you got President's Month, you got Valentine's day, you got Groundhog Day, you got the Super Bowl. Yep, you got a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, a president, let me ask you a well trivia shout out to your audience. Two great men were born on the very same day, February twelfth, eighteen oh line? Do you usually are?
Speaker 2: Well? I know that Lincoln was born on February twelfth. In the other one, I don't know who. Who would that be?
Speaker 5: Charles Darwin?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's that's a great piece of trivia.
Speaker 5: I think you're both born on the very same day, February twelfth. Line.
Speaker 2: Yep. Well, everybody, when you think about it, you can look up in your horoscope and you can find people who were born on your exact day. I don't know when I looked up to find out someone who was born not only in my birthday, but on my birth year. There was a children singer who was born in Alexandria, Egypt, who became very famous in the nineties. He used to do concerts, children's concerts. His name was Raffie r Affi, and I met him, actually went to one of his concerts and went backstage and explained he was born in Alexandria, Virginia. I was born in Boston on the exact same day. By the way, I'll give you three presidents in February Lincoln obviously, George Washington another twenty second, and my favorite, Ronald Reagan on February sixth. Yep, David is always great to hear your voice. Is it a nice day in San Francisco today? I hope?
Speaker 5: Pardon?
Speaker 2: How is the weather in San Francisco today? My daughter lives in soo.
Speaker 5: Oh, actually had some rain. It was evercast all day. But it's cold. It's such somebody once said the coldest winter they ever thought. It was the summer and a Francisco.
Speaker 2: I've heard that. I've heard that I had earlier. One of my favorite Italian restaurants, uh is on on Fillmore Street, Via Venudo. If you if you like Italian food, try it. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 5: Did you really a restaurant called called Frisco?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The fellow who owns Via Venudu is an older gentleman and he's great. If you ever get in tell him, tell him you're a listener to Night Side, okay, and he'll give you a break. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, before I go quick say out, yeah, we give.
Speaker 2: You a happy New Year because it's it's the thirty first. We can't say it any any That's it. I stopped saying Happy New Year once we turned to February. Thanks David, appreciate your.
Speaker 5: A quick joke. Dan. Okay, what happens when you don't pay your exorcist?
Speaker 2: I have no idea what happens when you don't pay your exorcist?
Speaker 5: He get repossessed.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's a good one. That's a good one. I heard a joke today and I'm going to tell the joke because it's Friday night and it's my show. Friend of mine told me a joke today. So this husband and wife married a long time and they finally the marriage dissolves and they both get divorced, and it wasn't good. So the day that she dies, she dies. First she goes to heaven. She meets Saint Peter at the gate and Saint Peter says, have you been good? And she said, I've been very good. He says, Okay, I'm going to give you a word. If you can spell it right, you come to heaven, You get into heaven, and you'll be happy for a trinity. If you don't you're going to go the other way. She's a little nervous, but she says, okay, what's the word? He says love? She says, oh, that's an easy one, l ov no problem. So she's up in heaven for a few months and one day Saint Peter comes over to it says, hey, do me a favor. Well, I have a couple of appointments today. Would you mind manning the front door heaven? And uh, you know what the drill is? You got to give people a word to spell. She says, sure, first person up when you know it. Former husband, who she wasn't particularly happy with, So she said to him, you know, I'm gonna treat you like I treat everyone else. You got to spell a word to get into heaven. And the husband was a little apprehensive, but he says, okay, which what is it? She said, Czechoslovakia? All right, thanks, David, gotta go. We'll talk soon. All right, let's keep rolling here six months, seven two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Any of you who say to me, well, I don't like brushes with celebrity, I'm always gonna say to you, no matter when I try to do something different. You guys don't like to play. I want to know, are you happy that January is about to end? At least for a year eleven months. It'll come back around, but you're gonna have three hundred and thirty or so days of non January. This is great. Back on Night's Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the end of January. It's imminent. Ten minutes from now, we'll be in February. Let's see what people think about January. No one out there seems to like January. Let me go to Karen in Wisconsin. Karen, I assume you hate January because it has to be really cold in Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: Well, how did you know?
Speaker 2: Because I studied geography and I used to watch Green Bay Packer games on the frozen tundra.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I kind of quit. I mean, I'm still a red sex. I'm not used to having to travel to go to a sports game, you know, And now I'm in Milwaukee, so I'm staying miss just but uh, I don't like January. I hate August really because I don't like keep humidity and I also don't do well with the change of seasons. So here we are in January, and I you know, I'm just most people are waiting for it to get light.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: I can watch it get light out a little by little, and I don't. I mean, I adjust, but it's difficult.
Speaker 2: So no, I hear you, I hear you. But it is getting lighter. I'm telling you. Every day it's a couple of minutes. And then sometimes Arch we'll jump ahead spring forth an hour and we'll feel as if spring has arrived, and won't that be a great feeling.
Speaker 9: I only want to say that last year, in about a week from two weeks from now, we had for the first time, all of a sudden, our enormous tornado is sitting down ten miles away from me.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 9: February, that's weird. No, that's weird. That is not right. And it happened again. So so you know, I do not like any month.
Speaker 2: You don't like June, you don't like June, you don't like September. Those are the great months. I know, July and August the great, don't get me wrong, but I think my favorites are June, and uh and September, Karen, I got to run. I got a couple more.
Speaker 9: I gotta get you.
Speaker 2: Wait to hear your voice. Since it's still January, Happy.
Speaker 9: New Year, okay, Dan, And I'm an hour behind you, so I don't think you can figure it out. Okay, good bye and thanks blood.
Speaker 2: Okay, great weekend, good night. Let's go to Glenn. Glenn's a bit of a curmudgeon. I suspect he's going to agree with me.
Speaker 4: Hey, Glenn, how are you pretty good? Well? I gotta ask you if you know what a Unitarian's favorite Christmas movie was.
Speaker 2: I have no clue.
Speaker 4: What is that coincidence on thirty fourth Street? I like that?
Speaker 2: Okay, I like it.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I get I get that joke. I do, I dood So what about January? Come on?
Speaker 4: Let's yeah. I want to join I want to join you when you pick pile against January, even on my birthdays in January January twenty third.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations of belated happy birthday, Glenn.
Speaker 4: I'm now seventy two. But John, I want to join you and Laurie and Christine and your anti January. I love February because of the Daytona five hundred on President's Day weekend.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. I never even thought of that, but you're right. That's a log. That's a great race, and it kind of kicks off the racing season. Yeah. I like that one. That's another good reason for February's a lot of reasons for February.
Speaker 4: The Red Red Sox are going to go to winter Haven, Florida.
Speaker 2: Not winter Haven. They know they haven't been in winter Haven in about thirty years. Club Fort Myers.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, I can't. It's in Florida, that's all.
Speaker 2: You're definitely you have the right state. But winter Haven. They they left winter Haven I think sometime in the mid nineties and they have relocated to Florida, Florida. But that's okay. It's good that you knew winter Haven. I metter of fact. I went to a couple of Red Sox games in winter Haven. I think I was there for the last Red Sox exhibition game in winter Haven before they left. Winter Haven was pretty depressing. It sounds lovely, you know, winter Haven, right, but it wasn't a really lovely place. Club Yeah, it was. It was depressing. It was really depressing. So we got you on our side. Glen, and I'm very happy about that. You join us, you join Laurie and Christine and myself and everybody else. Florence, Gary, Yeah, everybody. I'm glad I picked this one. And guess what it was the best of my callers will call tonight. That's that's always great, and you're one of them. New Year, Happy New Year. I'm gonna be the last to wish you happy New Year because after January you can't bople happy New Year. That's a rule.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I know, I don't wish that was Steve always rule too. After February first, no more happy New Year.
Speaker 2: I'm after January first. I don't want to wish anyone happy New Year in February because they the year is already when you think about it, it's quite old. It's already a month old.
Speaker 4: Thanks Glenn, thank you too.
Speaker 2: Have a good one. Let me go next. Finally to Jamie and Worcester. Jamie, everybody agrees they hate January. What say you?
Speaker 10: I actually like January because it's my birthday and my father's birthday. Number one, okay, number two, number two. It's a whole month is playoff football, and then you have the college championship game too.
Speaker 2: Ask him, was there there was no anticipation, no excitement to me, at least Ohio State and Notre Dame.
Speaker 10: I mean that was that was a disappointment. I didn't like that game at all. But nine times I don't even know. Well, I don't want to get off topic, but it's the playoff format something that maybe if you want to discuss I don't know you have discussed sports like that, but that playoff forman what people think of it. I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, no they did, They haven't. They haven't been able to replicate. We talk about sports sometimes, Jamie. They have not been able to replicate what college basketball has done with the AA March Madness Tournament. You know, it used to be the n I T was the big tournament, and the NCAA has eclipsed it incredibly well, and that they really have done an absolutely great job on it. Playoff football this year was kind of disappointing too.
Speaker 10: I mean the first playoff games, where is it? You know, it has great maybe the maybe the in the City game that.
Speaker 2: Was a good one, Yeah, that was a good game. But I mean the last weekend the Philadelphia Washington blowout. I didn't think Philadelphia was that good a team. Obviously, Barkley is a great running back, and I'd love to see Philadelphia beat the Chiefs. I don't know.
Speaker 10: It's funny because my boss tells me all the time. He goes everybody in the store goes, oh, I didn't want to see Kansas City again, And my boss goes, see, everybody doesn't a stand. This is what probably everybody else in the country felt when the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Were like this.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely correct, But you know what, I'm kind of done with Taylor Swift. You know, marry the guy, get it over with, get it married with him, have some kids, and go retire. All right, Hey, Jamie, I gotta let you run him flat out of time.
Speaker 1: I know I do that.
Speaker 10: I could believe you got me in.
Speaker 4: So thanks.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year. That's my last Happy New Year, Jamie, you got it. Thanks Rob, Happy New Year to you as well. Thank you, Mariita, Thank you very much. We've had a great month. We'll continue. Gary Tanger, been a couple of nights for me. Next week, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. This's Mike Pelle. Charlie ray Is who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. I'll see you again on nights Side with Dan Ray on Facebook at about two minutes. Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe, stay well. We'll talk to you next week.