Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Allonce Podcast, Recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe for the comics, TV and movies. Who will go from first six one six to the to the moto verse to and to get to the bar. It's right Marvel, right to you. I'm the man without dear Chris. I'm the nerd with the mouth, David Alliance A symbol A symbol, Volume two hundred and ninety seven. And as you hear that cry, you know it's Punish your time the Punisher to see he hes the special presentation to Punisher one last Kale has arrived. David and I have thoughts, a lot of I.
Speaker 2: Definitely have thought surprising, yep, but thoughts we had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought we had, you know, and maybe some hot takes by some but somebody consider. But if you're watching the video, you will notice that David is not in his normal nerd setup. He is in a very it almost looks like he's in a very boring like hostage taking situation, which I appropriately Punisher I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm in witness protection.
Speaker 3: I saw some things with the Nucci family that you know, I had to go take cover. But no I am I am live from a hotel room. Like I always say, we do this for you, the listeners. I am out of town, I'm away from home, but I still wanted to give my thoughts on this one shot, so I brought my setup with me to the hotel in order to do the best that I can.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know again, we do this for you, you the people. But we appreciate you taking the time out of her at your travels to do this. It is a you know, kind of a big deal. This is, you know, right now, the end of a very long string of guaranteed content from our lines. Well, we'll see what happens as we go forward, as we head into the summer. At that point, we've got bears layer in there, a lot of out loud exactly thoughts to be had. It was interesting. Yep, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. It's just it. You know, we'll let's have to talk about it. But yeah, week's been good. This is I at time recording the I am less than a week from closing out the school year. This is the last full week of school year, go through half day Wednesday, close out the year, and right now we're looking real strong. I'm so happy with what our teachers have been doing and everything like that. I can't be any more proud of them, proud of what the students have been able to do. It's it's it's been. It's been a long week, but it's been a lot of good surprises and a lot of good affirmations. So so good to end the week on a strong note.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, so let us get all the lovely network plugs out of the way before we break the special presentation down. So we are part of the ge Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the fole schedule, check out the show not It's Blow, and to check out and subscribe to the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at guaypod Networks and when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon it too. If we want to throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers. We've got our tiptart to say hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got our five dollar tour with ad for episodes, early access episodes and Patreon exclusive shows. We've had a few shows in the back catalog there weekend watches all day, the Marvel Lines, Infinity Saga, Rewatch Tales from the House of x where we watch all the Fox our favorite movies at the Fox Air of X Men, and then the backs to broadcast fantastic for retro film reviews. So you know, summer is coming up, So I hope in the next couple of weeks David and I should hopefully come up with some sort of idea what we may want to do for Patreon, So be on lookout for that. And know we keep saying it, well, we'll figure out something we got to. Yeah. So but if you're and we want to thank our patrons and candidates out sport, you've got the DC Alliance guys doing the DC film through the years and Joe doing his multi verse minutes Disney Dives in the first and the fifteenth he looks at the animated classics of Disney in chronological order. And if you're not a member of Patreon, go to www. Patreon dot com backslast gua network sale. You can join our Patreon Patreon club. But if you can't, if the very least, can you take thirty to ninety seconds to rate review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazamies, wherever you get your podcasts. For Garrett, you'll appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, panel Boundcomics dot com for are your Omnibus hardcover collect edition needs JP and the crew at PBC have got it going on with excellent customer service, immaculate packaging ships around the world. We're entering probably what may be the final week of guaranteed it increased discounts on these Marvel books here again they do. PBC does all different types from INDI's DC Marble, but with let's focus on Marvel because we're a Marble a good show. You know. We got x Men Ah of Apocalypse Omnibus back into print, the new Avengers Omnibus Volume three, closing that that era of the title, Venom War, new new event from Venom in the past year, and Omnibus for the first time, Spider When Omnibus Fantastic four by Dan Slot volume two, and X Factor the original X Men volume Omnibus Volume three, Every Omni you can think of, and we got two codes that you can use. You can use that code Marvel gua at checkout to get two dogs off every single order or use that could m g U a sit to get four or they get five percent off when you order four or more books together. They don't, they don't have to. They're not gonna be held to be shipp they'll be shipped at that point, but use those codes. Let them know you're a listener, and we want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, so the Punisher one Last Kill special presentation. We'll do some quick high level thoughts at this point. Go ahead, David. As always high level thoughts.
Speaker 3: It did not feel like a one shot, self contained story. This felt like it should have been episode one of a series.
Speaker 2: It had some moments. It definitely had some moments.
Speaker 3: It had, you know, John Burnhal like encapsulating Frank Castle.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it for it supposedly being a one shot, a self contained thing, I think it really dropped the ball. If you are a fan going into this knowing that man Nucci was gonna be a character, and you're thinking of the Garth Innis, welcome back Frank run.
Speaker 2: This ain't it that?
Speaker 3: There were just there were a lot of missed opportunities. A lot of stuff left on the table. And you know, I will say, as someone who likes shows and episodes where people throw hands, you get plenty of that. But that's pretty much the meat and potatoes of all of this is very little story, very little anything to really pull you into Frank and him being who he is. It's just, you know, a little bit of story in one massive fight scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, as my best friend Truck would say, is this a Punisher special presentation? Yes it is, There's no doubt about it. Like you, you channel basically the basic ideas of what the Punisher is, the battles he has raging inside and mentally outside the world, what he's going through. And then, like you said, I honestly I was not when I got to when we got to the sequence when it started the huge fight, I was like, oh, I've got a prediction. I think what's been told to me is drue the last couple of months. The last half of it is legitimately and nothing but a NonStop action sequence, which again I mean, I know he said, I suppose, but that's not really giving too much away. We're not going to specifics with it. But like when I saw again the length when we've heard the official length of this, Oh yeah, this is there's not gonna be too much time to really delve into some stuff. And where the action sequences were great. Yes, it channeled the Punisher. It was really cool some of the kills. This is definitely the most bloodiest violent thing the MC has ever put out there and produced. But to your point, this seemed like there was more that could have been done to flesh outs some characters, like the New Cheese Ma Nucci. Though the whole thing was very quick and it almost seemed like, Okay, if you've never seen anything about the Punisher, this is a quick and dirty version to get you through it to understand it. But we're not even sure exactly like again the character, did he really change? Man? I don't. They tried to make it seem like it does. No, I don't think he has changed really at all. But I'll get into some of my you know, my hot quote unquote takes and again this this is a this is gonna be an interesting one because I did I had when I say, I had high expectations. I had expectations this to see a show again focused on John Burnhal's you know, characterization of the Punisher because I like it. I didn't know necessarily what was going to be happening with it. But then I started hearing things, people telling me. They weren't telling me spoilers, but they were kind of warning me, saying, don't get your helpes too high up for what this is gonna end up being, because they're they're not necessarily limits were placed on it. But it was more like, this is gonna be very much as I said, a cliff Notes version of the character, this would be maybe like you said, it's not necessarily one shot. I could see like a two issue mini series at that point. But again again not saying it's a bad special presentation. It just I kind of was hoping for just a little bit more depth to it and bringing something new to the character that has been put out on the screen. But they I think they took the safe route, good or bad, however you look at it. I think they stayed safe with this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again, there was a lot left on the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so let us get over the spoiler wall, so we start with what else? We're gonna start with one of my favorite guitar heroes play songs all time, Mother by dancing. When I heard that, say, oh that took me back. I mean I knew a mother beforehand before it came to the man guitar hero that brought that to the major in audience. Man, I loved it, and at that point, man, this is this is appropriate, especially with where we're entering in Frank. So I guess we start with something else, but this seems like a pretty over the play selection of Frank Castle. This is followed by a shirtless, bearded Frank slow mo walking by his murder wall, where he literally puts together the clues. Not a wall where he murders people, but possibly he could have murdered people on the wall, wouldn't be sparts own possibility. That's followed by his bloody hands gripping a chin up bar while he does pull ups and screams. Now. I couldn't tell what necessarily was it just doing pull ups until he's bleeding? Does he have barbed wire on it? Is it just bad? I don't know. I could see like all the above with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cool to see frankness spot. He kind of looks like he did coming out of Season one of Daredevil.
Speaker 2: You know, he's got that beard.
Speaker 3: Look, he gets to about forty one of the pull ups, hands bleeding and he just drops.
Speaker 2: Down, can't take it anymore.
Speaker 3: But like he's in immaculate shape, and you can tell like he he is a man who has been on a mission.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he makes it to the forties and the music distorts. He drinks does pills, so he's not necessarily doing what you know, medical doctors prescribed, don't be drinking alcohol with pain pills. But this is Frank Castle. He's going to do what Frank Castle does. He's never met a metaphor he couldn't punch, and he punches the mirror and breaks his own reflection. That's very obvious symboli, isn't there. I'm not going to break that down for you. You know, his shatter itself more screaming up and now as Frank tears down the clippings on his wall starts, we cut to the titles that I'm not sure one last kill. Now we're over to a news report. However, it's not BB reporting in there's a lot of violence going into where this is taking place in little Sicily, New York. And follow the an unhoused man with a little dog, probably a Marine just because he's wearing a US Marine Corps cap, nothing else signaling that could just be wearing the cap, but you know, it would tie into kind of frank later on towards the end of Maybe Why Finding a Kinship with him, he's singing wand during the street And if you notice in the background, for those of you that are kind of playing though, who's had always appearing in the movie radio Man? Yes, Radio Man is in the background, blinking to miss him. He's back there under the bridge as as our Marine Corps guy with the dog comes out. Radio Man is always seems to be he was a former unhoused erst unhoused individual, but just always suddenly had was in caming on film sets things like that, and it's become kind of like, if you're filming in New York, radio Man's not too too far behind, and they seem to work him in in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has been in not only a bunch of Marvel projects, but also like a bunch of movies and in general, so there's something going around on the streets in New York. He has got a cameo, a background feature something, and it's really cool that they, you know, more people have adopted this unhoused man and have put him in there and given him.
Speaker 2: This little shine. So it's that's a cool little Easter egg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's wandering the streets. No more Cadillacs out here, how boy says, and explaining that Nucci gorillas are gone. When the when the viewers don't know what that means, comics fans do, It means the Nucci gang has left, Yes, And I mean we already knew they were going to be part of this, but you know, I was saying, Oh, I know, we've got we've gone over on this show. We did a whole thing on that that arc of Punisher, the violence have let violence got worse as some thugs come up to it. Basically, I kit the guy in the back of the head, try to knock him out, take his dog, Camo, and almost he almost gets hit by a truck. And then the guy, the guy who's grabbing the dog and you know, holding him not necessarily. Well, that guy's begging for his dog back, and he tosses the dog into the garbage truck and you the man just scream sobs, no more dog. We could already see this going, all right, We're trying to channel some of those John Wick vibes. Now, I would say in that moment, everyone who's ever watching us, they just want Frank Castle if anyone's gonna be biting it hard and should be tortured at that point, you know, that's that's what they're hoping. The audience is like, just end him. He needs to die. That person needs to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At that point, I was like, I I hope this is the first kill.
Speaker 1: Or one could be the last kill. That was easy. There's no time to worry about this though, because it's back to Frank, who is going nuts in his own empty room. You know, I realize it's my choice and my choice alone, to be a renaissance marine, he mutters as he sees visions of his old army. But he's Nick Nick Calamonados as Nick, and Colton Hill as Coulton, as well as Curtis Hoyle Jason Armer Moore, who folks should remember from the Punishing Netflix series. Now, there are sequences that we go back and forth with. He sees these visions and what it mounts be hallucinations of his former buddies. You know, I know the idea was, oh god, did they kill Curtis as he had ghos things like that. No, because if you notice, if you remember if watched the next flik show, Curtis was never one to kind of break Frank down and bust his butt for anything like that. This is Curtis, but this is Frank Castle's version of Curtis. This is Curtis speaking as Frank.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This these are images of his marine buddies that he has propagated in his mind, but it's not necessarily true to form of them. It is just them expressing Frank's thoughts to himself through the visions of these three.
Speaker 1: Frank cuts to his like this is what he got? Oh my god, he's like. He literally takes a nip and cuts his chest where the Marine Corps emblem is like both X three and he screams, and Curtis, or rather a dream Curtis as I'm gonna call him, tells Frank to talk to him, tells Frank to talk to him. I think I need some help, Frank says Hard. Agree, Frank, Hard agree, you're doing that. Yeah, you need to help A long time ago. However, I think you might make a therapist quit their job after they try to get an idea of going on, what's in your mind? Frank? Actually, yeah, Frank packs up, leaves the Marine Corps stuff behind, locks it up, and he's recognized by a neighbor with a young kid as he heads onto a busy neighborhood street wearing a hoodie trying not to be noticed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He again, this is Frank and his psychological damage. I mean, the man is isn't admitted He's damaged by the things that he went through, not only in war but after war, his time as the Punisher.
Speaker 2: The man has been through some stuff. He is broken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we get a little more info as we headed to the diner run by Andre who has a granddaughter named Charlie. The TV going on, letting us know that Frank has killed the Neucci crime family, saying that they're one of the last gangs tied to the death of Frank Castle's family Major Gripe number one. Ladies and gentlemen, if you have seen the Netflix, though, you should all stomatically be maybe possibly he could look past it things like that. We are now entering the third retcon of the death of Frank Castle's family in the MCU three times three times. We have we have added to who has been responsible for his guest. First, we had the idea of it's his war buddies that we're trying to silence him from becoming a whistleblower for things that had happened. Then what was it? It was the FBI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was uh, it was.
Speaker 3: Gone wrong and you know it was all their fault. And now we we have number three. Somebody needs to call up a mam Vlani and tell her to sit in a chair and tell them what happens so that they can stay on track. I know these big studios normally pay somebody to make sure things stay within the established timeline.
Speaker 1: Spears is.
Speaker 2: MCU needs to.
Speaker 3: Just ay if y'are not putting out any more Miss Marvel stuff, then just get Mama Lani to sit right next to you and be like, yeah, now you can't do that because we already did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And outside the diner things are pretty nuts, and the nuts in the diner outside of the diner, But Frank can't be bothered, won't do anything because in his mind, that's why he's going nuts, because he thinks his mission's over. He's done everything, He's gotten rid of those who have been responded for her family. That's why he's kind of losing touch with reality because he doesn't see exactly what's the point anymore. He's even ignoring the madness. Like I said, on the streets, in the in the in the diner, they're coming to get us and a group of thugs beating up into some people. Is that in Frank's head? Is it actually happening or both? Like this was an interesting I think I when I wrote this down, it's just I started to think about it, saying, is this really happening or is this Frank like losing touch, Like this is the this is the chaos literally going on in the head and he's literally walking through it. That is a if that I don't know if they're that good to pull something like that out, because I don't think it is. I think it's literally what was going on, book man, what a mind screw up at that point. If they said, actually, this was all in Frank's mind, None of this happened. This was just him trying to work through his stuff to get to the point of getting back to being punisher. That's a very interesting and I think plausible idea. That's why I wanted to put it out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because some of the stuff that was like going on in the background just kind of seem like this would be an attention grabber to even someone like Frank, Like you would take a second look.
Speaker 1: Where's where's Kingpin? Where's the AVTF? Like this is something that I think that they like, what is happening? And it's always a big question, but something like this, like where Spider Man if it's New York, where Spider Man? Where's there? Like when we know this takes place, like after he gets he leaves that he escapes to sell that Kingpin's got him in, but like you wouldn't know that if you hadn't seen Daredevil, Like there's absolutely nothing to connect this to anything. You know, you don't have to connect to Netflix here because they've ret conned the whole bunch of stuff at that point. You know, Like they're not supposed to know who Curtis is. They just know it's a wartime buddy. Those of watching Joe, we know how important Curtis is. I don't think he's dead again. I just think this is part of his mind and people that he loves and cares about, but that he always seems to put a danger and as I label Frank ignoring everyone, I'm gonna call him the ignorer. So the soundtrack drives home what Frank is going through as he sounds the transition to helicopters and gunfire from the war, from his war days, and then we see where he's going the graves of his wife, Marie Elizabeth Castle and his children who were killed in the crossfire of a mob hit. I do have some questions about Frank walking from Little Sicily to Greenwood Cemetery, but I digress. The only reason I think that because that is that is a that is not as close by as they're making it seem, you know now at all. And and again he's going back sitting by the grave sites. And this is where we get through more hallucinations. At this point, Frank's giving up. He's confessed to wife, I told you I would never quit. I told you I would never give up on of you. But there's a problem. I'm affing tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This this, this is.
Speaker 3: The sensitive side of Frank, the the broken man that is finally coming out. Like he's letting all that emotion and everything out and he's like I'm over this.
Speaker 2: Shit, like I've been I've been doing this so much. I'm just I'm over it.
Speaker 1: So and I should have put this in quotes, and I wrote it shocking. I put this and put this outside in quotes that Frank puts a gun to his head, picturing his daughter asking him to upstairs and play with him. His daughter, interesting enough, is actually John Bernthal's daughter that's playing for this, you know, continuing a recent history of MCU actors bring their children into play parts. Then pictures his son hopping on into the pool and hilariously his wife e'scia. His daughter picks up that bonkers one batch two batch book who that Frank is obsessed with and punish your season one. Lastly, he pictures his wife, who can't connect with him. The vision turns wrong and his family turns away from him, blending and screaming, bleeding and screaming as he relives their death and perhaps knowing that killing himself will eliminate their memory from the world. His daughter goes, you okay, daddy, and you know, she waves at him. He tries to apologize, but she's gone, almost like she was never there, Frank, and he goes, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no no. John berthaal says a lot in every project and begs his daughter to come back. And you know it's you know this is you know this, you know it's back on the streets, back in Manhattan, and Ghost Curtis mocks Frank by having nothing left to do. So what's your purpose now? Marine? Again not totally clear, but with the new cheese gone, Frank has eliminated the last group that was another group that was responsible for his family fights over right. Hold that thought. I think as the trend goes, they're gonna find someone else that secretly was also the pulling the strings. The background, the shadowy figure in the back has a chatgy to bt work.
Speaker 2: It's it's always something new.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he walks through some school buses, sees himself in uniform, looks at each other coming the other way. That's yeah.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of the meme of the two people crossing, just like having the slow look at each other.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's he's walking disheveled, and then he sees his full on punisher version of him walking past, and they just have the moment of lucking eyes. Yep.
Speaker 1: And so that's when he meets Ma Ma Nucci played by Judith light Man. Nucci explains that she needs his help. Her family was taken and she wants to tell him a small story, my entire family, Frank, same as you. Now. Here's the thing. As much as Frank does research on who is taking out things like that, he should know who this is, and so the story that she's telling she he should have. Man, shut up, I already know. What do you want? You know, how are you still alive? You know, it's like do you want to say I'm sorry or anything like that. You know, it shouldn't have gone to the park. But again because protagonist, because plot. You know, she talks about a hunger that you just can't that's all she's got left. She explains that her family went out. Her husband Benny died first, shot in the head by the pool while he hooks up with one of his floozies. Her oldest Bobby was next. She calls him a great policeman, though all we see is him eating.
Speaker 3: Eating him and someone who I presume was not his wife or anything else, because she seemed kind of young, and he is having some intimate time with her and yeah, doing.
Speaker 1: Things and his and his throat is slid from behind, bloods braying everywhere. And then Eddie when there's the Nucci restaurant, is and gunned down with all his guards. So again we all like, it's acting like we don't know who this is. They're hiding it. I don't know why they were hiding it. It was supposed to be a mystery. Maybe they were trying to make the audience who didn't think it was gonna be Frank saying, Oh, she's gonna try to hire him and take him out. At that point, it's like, no, no, no, this is Frank that it's one of those kind of like mister Rex, it's not that's not really done well in my opinion. And then there was my prince, my beautiful Carlo Manucci continues, and she didn't believe the rumors that he was he was doing bad things with children. I don't want us to get taken down, so I'm not gonna say the whole P word at that point. But that's that's how I took it. I don't know how else he could take it. Because he said I didn't believe those things with the children. Some people were saying, oh, he's talking about this. No he's not. He's talking about doing bad things with children. That's what he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, if you know anything about the Punisher, I mean, if he finds out anybody, including a Crown boss, is you know, doing Prince Andrew things with kids, then he's going to do what he's got to do. He did the same thing in his own series when he was in the pawn shop and he was walking out and the guy offered him some of those DVDs from the back, and he was like, you know what, I was about to walk out of here, but now lock the dough.
Speaker 2: I got to take you out too. Like that. That's been his mo o.
Speaker 1: So yeah, uh so you know, Monuc says that you are like a hungry advert very average ever said I write this and I can't even pronounce it. Avers animal and standing up as we get the shocking reveal that the Punisher killed them all, bless my heart, you took everything I had, and uh, Eddie says, I love you, ma as Frank crushes his skull with his foot. They don't show it, they don't show the whole grody details. But as Brent and I would constantly say, when the you know, Defender for coming back on Disney Plus things like that. We were waiting for that whole thing where walking down the bloody hallway saying Hi, I'm Frank Castle aka the Punisher. You're watching Disney Plus. You know that's what should be added into on top of Kingpin slamming some decapitating him in a door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went full American history X on this young man and just right there in front of his mom. And you know, now I can't I couldn't fully tell in this moment, it looked like Mannucci still had all of her limbs about her when she was in the car. She was crawling over, she was yelling things like that. Because now when we see her now she is in a wheelchair. Her legs don't work, one of her arms don't work. You know. It kind of harkens back to again the garth Ennis run where she gets mauled by a polar bear and loses all her limbs, so and she ends up in a wheelchair into that. In this version, she she's in a wheelchair for other reasons. But I can't tell from this shot if she was wheelchair bound beforehand and could just crawl through the car or if something happened afterwards, because she mentions Frank forgetting about her.
Speaker 2: But then I'm wondering, like what happens to her?
Speaker 3: Because, like you said earlier, I would think if Frank did all this research on the Nucci crime family, he knows she's part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so well, you know, before we can tone out with the last half it, we're gonna take her first ad break of the evenings listeners. These ads help keep the lights on the Geegle Tipan Alliance network. We don't get cheos with ads. Come on, they could be a bit loud to give it a three count before they come on, three two one, We'll be right back, and we are back. So Ma Nucci tells him that she has put a bounty and a hit on him, and at six forty seven pm, the same time that Frank killed Eddie, she's sending every thug in the neighborhood into the building to find him and kill him and everything in their way. And she goes, I'm the one who's punishing you. Now, no roll credits, and that's that's that's like a David Caruso CSI Miami opening thing. I'm the one who's doing the punishing.
Speaker 3: Now, so funny funny enough is Judith light Is from Who's the Boss? For some people of an older age, and and so in our group chat, it was said when she gave that line about who's the one doing the punishing now, it was well, I guess she's the new boss.
Speaker 2: Not Tony Danza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not Tony Danza. God, I love that show when I was a kid. Who's the Boss?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: One of the best openings of a of a sitcom. Absolutely, I like. I like the later versions of it more than the earlier versions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, I love that show.
Speaker 1: Uh So she rolls away, flicking him off. So, because you know why not legally awaiting would watch Frank Die do his best impersonating of being of the raid that's about to happen. So that's when upstairs, Frank, next to his next ghost of Christmas past, shows up, Karen Page. Who would have thought? Who would have thought Karen wouldn't be one of these people that would show up. She lays out that Frank Castle the family man, was just a masked and she should know something about mass and he goes, Karen, are you here? He asks? Are you with me? And Karen says she's there and that there's something more for you to do, though of course she's really not there. It's all in his head. That said, she almost kisses him, which probably would send the Karen Fisk Karen Frank shippers going nuts, saying, oh, you almost gave it to us, Why do you keep so close? Regardless after that, after he comes to the raid, the hit begins as Frank hears Doug's going nuts in the hallway, breaking in the apartments across the street. Across the hall say he splash gasoline on Frank's door and with a little boy across the room, screaming, the gas his lip and you know, igniting basically Frank's legs instead of instead he screams, and Levie and Roast by Louis Armstrong plays and it begins for real, like he gets punish her, punish your strength at this point, and Aaron goes as she's she's kind of half paying attention as I'm watching this downstairs, and she's like, how did he get the flames off? And he's just like kind of moving. At that point, I was like, it's to punish your honey. He's he doesn't have superhuman and vulnerability or anything like that. He's just he's just a impassioned true believer of the sense of I'm if someone standing in my way, I'm bringing a sledgehammer and a nuclear weapon and knock it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When when Frank is man, Frank is one just massive tank of a man. And I mean they even show for the first you know, thirty seconds or so of the fight, like he is still slowly on fire, like it's going out as he's moving around. But he goes through that door and he takes out the first goon. His legs are still on fire. He goes after the other one, it's still like at the bottom of his feet, so the fire slowly dissipating. But yeah, he just and you know, interesting enough, like we saw in our chat, he really John Burnhal really got set on fire for this scene. He wanted to live it out and you know, I guess it gave that yell a little bit more realism for him to be set on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's and this is where basically the rest of the episode is. The rest of the episode is a I wouldn't call it like it's trying to do one shot to different points, but it's basically trying to do a massive one shot action sequence for the rest of the time. You call it what it is, the raid, John Wick anything, it's You're not wrong. So we're gonna kind of quickly go through this because it's kind of fun breaking down the kills and things like that. Because it's punisher heading outside, he sees the scale of what's happening. The entire apartment of Conflict is under attack, and now he's going on offense, grabbing, grabbing guns. Frank blasts his way through the balconies, throwing man over the railing, shooting across the way as well as pinpoint with pinpoint precision. Any hesitation Frank had at the start of the episode is gone the wake of innocence being attacked. It's fun. It's funnily enough that more of a vigilante than Frank usually is. Mostly he's a methodical serial killer who just happened to be lumped in with vigilantes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say this one thing that I did like about, you know, Frank's fighting, you know, going crazy and picking up the guns, and this did give me on Wick feels. And it did that because I felt the realism as he was battling and picking up the guns like this wasn't I have unlimited m This was like legitimately, I take a couple of shots on Mount I gotta search for the next weapon, search for the next gun. Not every gun is full Amo, So he will pick up a pistol and he may only get three shots before it's done. Then he's got to move on to the next Like it gave that realism of I'm just picking up and using whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Frank continues to fight his way through the building, making his way to roof Don't Worry, killing lots of other bad guys and on his way up his respite. His brief though as more guys and now it fits leftover from the Purge pop up as Frank fights them one by one, u punishing then if you, if you will, One gets the better of him, tossing him onto an air conditioning unit, though Frank kills the man as he falls and gives him the site line to the main villain, Mom Gucci, who's blow watching the whole thing, And I don't care what the producers are saying a Hollywood reporter or anything. That was one of the most atrocious, atrocious shots like that is I wouldn't say it's as bad as the rag Dolph scene of Catwoman, a movie of which I've never seen, but I've seen enough of the memes and things like that to know what I'm talking about. They say, oh, well, it was Frank doing this, and then we it's super imposed something his face on this, things like that. I don't know what they did in the editing bay at that point. I'm not criticizing the VFX side of things like that, but whatever was done, I do not know how when they watched this through round up to round and stuff and no one said, guys, that looks bad. You know it?
Speaker 3: It is like, and as someone who works in education, will you will fully understand this. It is like when a kid already has all a's and then gets to the final project and they just turn it see effort, because they're like, eh, I'm good anyway.
Speaker 2: That's what that VFX was.
Speaker 3: You had this amazing fight scene in and they're like, you know, what is good enough? I'm just turning it in like it is. I know it's not finished, but it's good enough.
Speaker 1: It's good enough, good enough for government work. Frank falls through various pieces of wood on on the side of the building, past school buses approaches to men, beating them down easily. The streets are wild, probably for real now, and Frank sees Andre fighting back against the people as Charlie's in trouble. Meanwhile, Magucci is being spirited away, so Frank has choice save the girl or kill Margucci's man. Nucci, excuse me, And it was almost like there's not even anyone going after her getting wheeled into the limousine, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like all this craziness is going on, my nude. She's just sitting out there like it is, is what it is. Frank hears the you know that helped me and recognizes it being you know, Andre's daughter and everything going on with that, and he has his little his crisis moment of do I keep with my mission or do I go save these people? And you know, Frank, I'd be Frank, small little baby girl in trouble.
Speaker 2: He's going to do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so heart breaths, I will be heard is As Frank makes the only choice he can save Andre and save Charlie. He enters the diner, opening fire with only one man left. He takes down with a with a cam. He smashes another with a coffee pot and slashes the back of the man's throat with a knife, which I guess in his neck. Leave me alone, I don't know. I also don't know how bodies were. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yes, So he took the guy down and as he takes him down and he slams his head, he turns him sideways and then pulls up with the knife to slit his throat and he just he kind of bleeds out from there. But right after that comes, in my opinion, the my my favorite kill of the episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was intense. So it's not done yet. An enormous tattooed man enters and starts choking Frank. Big mistake, huge, Uh, the man had a body for Frank to stab with with these a lot of these folks seem to be making the same mistake having a body. As I say, so, Frank stabs him everywhere over and over again. It's everything like he's just it's with a pin with a pin going to definition of death by a thousand cuts, even though not a thousand, but you know, it was just like what I know, it's desperation or Okay, this is all I have to do in order to take this guy down, just literally put as much holes into him so he bleeds out.
Speaker 3: Yeah that it was like he started and he was surgical with that. When he's going through like he's doing the karate and everything else, then he goes like right into the bicyles.
Speaker 2: He's hitting arteries with this pin.
Speaker 3: He knows exactly what he's doing as he is stabbing this man out, and I'm just like, man, franktt is one dude that you do not want.
Speaker 2: To mess with.
Speaker 1: Nope, not at all. So over for real. Now Frank seees that he saved Charlie andres stumbles in holding his daughter with his roofs while his wife is sobbing Charlie and gives Frank a flower that she painted and cut out and smiles. Now his family get Now he's finally got redemption for his family dying and can kill again with a clear conscience. I guess no, he can't get his does and killed male Nucci. He just leaves no other thing like she's just gone, and I will be very surprised if we ever see Manucci ever again again.
Speaker 3: That's why I feel like this this felt more like an episode one and not a one shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so Frank wanders into the streets pondering what has happened? Is the absolve So rather than go after Manucci, which he you know again, we had way to play with your food, Frank, Frank walks over to Brooklyn again and visits his family's graves again and thinks they were with him today and he sees the key on the ground they left on the ground and still still there and not stolen by some grave robbers. Yeah, baby, I'm gonna get going, Frank says, one batch, two batch, Penny and dime. Papa bears a baker, and so am I one batch, two batch, Penny and a dime. I love you, baby girl to the end of time. He cannot get through a punish or anything without that freaking thing coming back.
Speaker 2: You gotta have the one batch too, Batches.
Speaker 3: It is ingrained, you know, ever since he sat on that roof and Matt was like, what is that, and He's like, it's nursery rhyme. You know, my baby girl. You used to always have me read it to her. Now we just we have to have it multiple times.
Speaker 1: So then it's over to a couple. Ali and Charles on the street. They're about to be axe chopped by a man who killed Camo at the beginning of the episode, and Frank has now cleaned up his beard, his hair, and once again wearing his Punish your flak jacket. The unhoused man gives Frank uh the hat that he stole back. A man says that's not the only thing he stole from me. Frank knocks the man over and then shoots him directly in the camera. The Punisher is back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a new sleeker tactical outfit on, you know, the the vest in the bulletproof aspect of it looks freshly painted, the hair high and tight, like he's he's ready to do this. And you know, we have the guy earlier who killed the dog and he's on the streets and Punishers got him himned up, and you know, the unhoused man is like, yeah, you know what he took more than my Hat's like, oh, all right.
Speaker 1: Well they say that I trust me, bro, trust me. So here are my final thoughts on this Punisher special presentation. This is a curious place to end. You know, he hasn't taken care of Manucci. They haven't gone to the Zoo, which is the major part of the Mannucci storyline in the comics by Garth Ennis and Steve Dylan. So why not kill her? And the short answer is because then the Punisher's fight would be done, leaving some thing out there. Leaving something out there for him to kill makes means the quot unquote fun adventures can keep going forever? But will they? It's curious that when there's no way to address what happened to Frank after it of a born against season one, or where where was he during season two? I guess going nuts more. It's a character portrayal of the Punisher, going from I think I want to die too, I think I want to kill. That's called growth. But it does leave several lingering questions about this continuity. You know, yes, So all in all, what would you give the special presentation?
Speaker 2: After my second viewing?
Speaker 3: Honestly, my second viewing got had a better feeling because I didn't go in with such high expectations. So my second viewing, I would sit it at probably about a seven point five out of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go a little lower. As again, my best friend Chuck would say, is this the Punisher Special? Presentation, Yes it is. Did I enjoy the action sequence? Absolutely? I enjoyed the action sequence a van I'm a Punisher fan anytime I get to vote on like most wanted omnibus reprints. At that point and it hasn't come back, I need. I've only got three right now. I've got The Punisher by Garth Ennis volume one, I've got Punisher Max by Jason Aaron, and I've got The Punisher by Rick Reminder. At that point I need, and it's volume two, I need a few others. At that point, I'll even get the old school ones where he got his own Caesar proper. I'm a big fan of the Pusher, not because I agree with what the Punisher does. I understand and get exactly the difference of the character. But the Punisher is more than just an action sequence. I mean, yes, they hint it towards the idea of his mental instability and what he has to constantly deal with, which is why I adore the Ennis run. I think that they nail that character so well and bring it to the forefront of what is going on with so many different issues that are very relevant to today. But as bears Layer says in there I wish this was a miniseries. Didn't have to be a complete season, but some expansion on the story would have been great. And yeah, that's my biggest thing, Like this feels like a part one of likes you said it could have been three episodes of doing it, but like, yeah, Monugi's out there, whether he goes after or not, whatever. I didn't need that particular arc to be fully like put the page to screen. I was just it felt like we dealt with the mental health stuff and then we dealt with the action and then he's back. Like this has been the same story for Frank Castle since Daredevil's into on Netflix. Seems one and two of Punisher and to some extent Born Again season one, Like we're having this thing where Frank's retired, Frank can't do it anymore, and he's trying to find a life and then something brings him back. At this point, instead we get like, Okay, Franks thinks he's done with everything and he's losing touch with reality because he doesn't have a purpose anymore. Well, turns out he didn't kill everyone, and then everyone after him and saying okay, I go and be Punisher again. This is now for uh, this is now three ish times that we have gone through this again and again and again and again. You know it's we can't do this. We have to start moving on with this character and do something different. If I'm hoping in Spider Man brandit day, I don't need a total reinvention of the character. I just want to see something, something more that like I got from The Punisher seasons one and two. We can't just key. I don't want to hear Frank Kamp's questioning himself whether he's doing the right thing. This is who he is now. We need to stick with this and go forward. All in all, did I enjoy this? Yes? I thought it was okay. I had a good time with things. I just felt it was rushed. I felt it was there could have been more doing this. As we've all said, I'm keeping this at a seven, flirting with under seven if this went, but I'll keep out as a solid seven. Do I recommend watching it? Yes, you're gonna have a good time. If you're a Punisher Van, You're gonna have a good time. But this is not something that I will sooner put on the Netflix shows than this special presentation. Just being completely honest, agreed.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm waiting for the Punisher to get kind of that feel that we got from Punisher in the comic book version of Civil War, where.
Speaker 2: He knew who he was, he knew he.
Speaker 3: Was not the guy to be looked at up to not that is like, you know, go celebrate Captain America like this is me. I'm the down and dirty dude, Like I'm not here to be your poster boy. I'm here to get you done. Like I want them to transition to that version of Frank uh sooner rather than later, because I think between Daredevil's season two, between the two seasons of Punishers Netflix now on this we've come full circle on Frank adopting the this is who I am now?
Speaker 1: Yeah so so yeah. So that is our breakdown of the Punisher one last kill. We will see him next again in spider Man Brand New Day, so we'll see what's next in store for them. So we're gonna take our final ad break for the evening. Listeners use ads help keep the lights on a gigle to mid Aliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads common and they could be a bit loud. Just give you that three count before they could free one. We'll get back and we are back, all right, So no news this week, nothing really huge. We got a small little news item, but in post credits at that point. So if you're saying, oh, there was something, I said, yes, but it'd be a quick mention and it's newsworthy, but not to the extent to put it outside of post credits. So hold on to that. So we are going to go straight into listener feedback. We got one person, long time, longtime listener, sometime host and occasional creeper into the show notes at that point, since he still has access to it, has sent us questions.
Speaker 3: Yes, so Brent decided that he was gonna pop into the show notes while we were all busy, you know, working and living in our lives.
Speaker 2: And so so Brent has dropped in a couple of bullet points here.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna start off with his first one, which is, why do podcasters who absolutely know better about Sony not allowing Tom holland slash Spider Man on Disney Plus continued to whine about him ignoring the events of Punisher or Daredevil, but ignoring all of the other heroes that could show up. Iron Fist, Hawkey, Captain America, any of the Thunderbolts, swords Men and that is left and so on.
Speaker 1: Go for it, Go take it on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this part of it to me feels like, you know, they just want that argument. It's a fun, easy argument, you know, when you're yelling about the Spider Man thing. Because anybody who's like in this, and especially the high level podcasters, they definitely know if we know, they know, like Tom holland Disney the agreement between Disney and Sony and what is allowed versus what's not allowed, like Sony Steel controls Spider Man, like that, they get to say when he shows up, how he shows up, how he gets to be used. There's a reason why, you know, those movies spend some time on other platforms before they go to Disney Plus and things like that. You know, Sony's gonna gonna maximize their dollar's worth, so we know what it is. I think for some of these podcasters it's just fun click baity arguments to include the where is Spider Man versus where's Iron Fizhawk Eye, Captain America, so forth, and so on. When I and also, you know, for a lot of the general audience Spider Man is such a household name that. Again, if you are trying to just get those clicks and get those those moments that are captured and then put on TikTok for people to share and discuss with, you're going to bring up a Spider Man faster than you're going to bring up the Swordsman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again echoing kind of what David is saying. They're trying to get the things that I mean, we yes, we want Daredevil Spider Man to be in a project that we wanted it, and so just to even put it out there's getting them clicks in and think like maybe some I hate to say, don't know any different and arn'tes dialed them. They're just therefore the the as the kids say, the Ora farming as it were. But it's I just roll my eyes, especially when they say it. Even I just do it just to troll. Some people say, oh, you're in the jail, that means he's gonna break brink A. We're gonna see Daredevil break out of cell and join him in the hope that that's thing under there. It's gonna be Daredevil coming in Daredevil. I hate to break it to you guys not not coming into brand new day. It's not not happening, and nor will you ever see Spider Man in uh a show like this because Sony's not allowing it. Yeah no, so so just we can keep hoping one day it may happen. It is not gonna be this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, okay, so next one from Brent one last kill felt like a one shot on the side of a main story. It's in the cannon, but could fit in multiple places on the timeline. On the official Marvel podcast The Bad One, a producer said it was I stopped after like episode four when I realized, Okay, this is nothing but fluff.
Speaker 2: Yah, I gave that up.
Speaker 3: But a producer said that it was a few months after Daredevil Born Again.
Speaker 2: Does it really matter? Though?
Speaker 3: I think this could have been nice to have something in the show on stream that places it, but ultimately not too big of a deal.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's placement.
Speaker 3: Does not really affect the story unless they there's going to be fallout from here, if they are going to maybe do another special or you know, bring Punisher back, then yes, it's placement, you know, fall somewhere, But as it stands right now, it could be anywhere on the new MCU timeline, anywhere, you know, post the Netflix shows, and it doesn't matter because it does stand alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I think it matters, like you said, just to always kind of have this place neatly to see if you want to do an immense chronological order things. I get that, But this, this it has if you didn't know dar To were Born Again season one happened, or the Netflix shows like this is this is what it is. Yeah, it's it matters to people like us just because we want to know, But in the end it really doesn't matter too much. Yep.
Speaker 2: And finally, do you think there is hope.
Speaker 3: For a proper ironfict costume for Danny nown that Marvel Studios is behind the shows to that, I will say, if you want anything close to a proper iron Fish costume, you need to go rewatch the Netflix in the episode where he is fighting in Kunlum, because that is about the closest that you're getting. I don't think this as your version of it is gonna go as it's kind of hard to use Danny's costume because it is more of a leotard than some of the others in this, So the the mask, the open extreme v neck down to the navel ads, that's gonna be kind of hard to bowl off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see we're getting some homages to it, but I know if we're gonna get the full one, it'd be but it's it's I don't feel it yet, but.
Speaker 3: I think you'll get something that may be close to again when in the Iron Fish Show when they showed him and he is in the gee with the mask on. You might get something very similar to that. But I don't think you're getting the full green costume and the yellow head band and everything else. I just don't see that being a thing in this version.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So all right, well we appreciate you, Brent for putting that out there at that point. And uh, let's get into factor of fiction. So from last week, all right, Number one, Bullseye will return in season three off There to Devil Born Again in an episode focused on what he is he's doing for mister Charles one hundred percent said yes, then we get Electra will be reintroduced in season three off There Devil Born Again fifty to fifty split, and then Daredevil will done a new version of a suit fully embracing the d D logo in season three. A There, Devil Born Again sixty seven percent in fact, thirty three percent in fiction. All right, what you got this week?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Fact fiction number one Foggy Nelson will return and Daredevil Born Again season three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't help that not having flashbacks.
Speaker 2: So yeah, sure, yeah, I think that you know that they want to have him in there. He is a huge.
Speaker 3: Compass and a huge like touching point from Matt. So you know, I would like them to do the whole Foggy faked his death thing, just because.
Speaker 2: I know it would piss a.
Speaker 3: Whole lot of people off to try and go back and say, but this happened and that happened. But I do at least think that we're gonna get more flashbacks that kind of again establish him as Matt's you know, heartbeat and keeping him grinded. Yeah, because Karen ain't keeping him grinded. No more Karen off the deep end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The second one of fact factor of fiction number two is we will see man Nucci again.
Speaker 2: This story feels so open ended.
Speaker 1: I'd say, if we're going to get another punisher focused stuff, yes, but I don't know. I don't know how and when that's happening. I think, I you know, the interesting thing is it's it's very much you know, uh, I think we could. I think they left it open in order to continue that because the rose gallery of the Punisher is not vast in a sense of known villains. So I'll say yes, I just don't know when we're getting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I feel like they left it so open that there is a chance that we could have some way that that that peers, and that actually kind of rolls into my factor fiction number three, which is Punisher will have a cameo in season three of Daredevil Born Again.
Speaker 1: They're halfway done filming, over halfway their scheduled to be done with filming in a month and a half with principal photography. I haven't heard anything yet. I haven't seen anything yet. I think that would be something seen, especially with how we got, you know, the ending of season one already out there. Could they do it? Yes? Will they do it? Burn falls into play right now. It would be an easy thing for him to do, being already in New York. But I think that I don't see him coming back for a season three. I think this is going to be a Defenders focused at this point and not saying he can't come back, but I do not see him returning for season three.
Speaker 2: I and this is where I'm mixed about it.
Speaker 3: I could see him, uh returning again just for a cameo and we kind of get an explanation of what he's doing, and then he goes on about his way. Him and Matt have another little moment, or him and Karen have a little bit of a moment, or I could also see them doing and I pray this does not happen.
Speaker 2: Do not get me wrong, I pray this does not happen.
Speaker 3: I could see them pulling a book of Boba Fett and having a one episode that is just about the Punisher that's like wedged in the middle of the season.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot to see, but uh yeah, we will let you let I'll put those out on Sunday, So let your voice to be heard with that. And let us close out this episode with diving into Age of Ultron issue number nine. We are now dealing with the post apocalypse, not an apocalypse, but like the Hella carrier being destroyed over New York City with you know, with what was it forgot her name already. Yeah, I want to like, in my mind if I say surance, it's not a chance with Morgan Fay and we're left.
Speaker 2: With the most unassuming, like that's who you'll chooses.
Speaker 1: Y'all villain yep, exactly. And so you know, we get Wolverine there, surviving it, going after these mixed Lorgan le Fay doom bots. At this point, Tony grabbing on to Wolverine saying, you know, look what you did. If you you cause this, if you let Pim live, you talk to us that when we want to done something, trying to get through to Wolverine, and then we start getting into great, he's gonna go back in the past, try to stop himself, try to do like it and cause more chaos. And man, this is like keen for when we see, you know, the Wolverine of the quote unquote past slash future. Then the future one comes back and says I need a different uniform and goes with the old school Wolverine uniform. You just expect the point. I mean, they're trying to get through to Hank Pim, and even Hank Pim looks at one point and saying, God, well, someone just telling like just get them out of here and do something, like you're sitting down and just trying to listen to these two banter back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's.
Speaker 3: Literally sitting there with his hands on his chin like this, like I'm trying to follow what's going on. It sounds like one of you came from the future and the other one is trying to stop the past.
Speaker 2: But what the hell is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Sue comes in there and tries to talk some reason into them, and they're all just basically saying, if you're going to create this thing, fine, but you need to find a way to stop him from taking over. He's like, fine, you know, we'll figure it out. And so they go back to the Savage Land and now they got too Wolverine to deal with, and they basically the way they're going to solve it is one of them's got to kill the other, and so it's basically going to be past future Wolverine is going to kill future future Wolverine. And they do that for however he does it whatever, they don't really go into him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hits him with the you know, you know exactly what you need to do. So they and he he pops those those claws and you know as they walk into the cave to have a moment.
Speaker 1: Yep. And so we end the issue with Hank Pim developing his new Ultron in a very different form, saying no needs to plug me and Daddy, I'm alive, just like you, looking evil as ever. But next week we deal with the conclusion of Age of Ultron issue number ten. Yep, all right, well, BOBU ninety seven of the book. So this is where now we enter the unknown times until at the very least we know we're getting Spider Man Brand New Day, but that doesn't come until the end July, so we don't know. We haven't heard if they're going to be doing any sort of project at this point. I would venture to guess at this point, David, we should have heard if something was going to be released on Disney plus MCU. Wise, I would have ventured we would have heard about it. Don Now, for the summer, I think I think Spider Man Brand New Day is the next thing Marvel has coming out, and then in the fall we're gonna basically the end of summer fall, we're gonna be hit with a bunch of content being that x N ninety seven fall by Spider Man Friend Friendly with Spider Man and then ending with Vision Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, or.
Speaker 1: Maybe I wouldn't say they're too animated. Project back forward, I think X Men ninety seven comes after Spider Man followed by Vision Quest followed by Friendly Neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong in that kind of assessment at this point, because I think we should have heard something by now, if something's coming this summer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely assumed that we would get something, even if it was, you know, some new show, a small, little animated features something, we would be getting something. I'm like, y'all are about the coast between now and the end of July on.
Speaker 2: Nothing, but.
Speaker 3: You know, loosely base Marvel, not MCU, but loosely Base Marvel.
Speaker 2: We've got Spider Noir coming.
Speaker 1: But outside of that, like yeah, yeah, yeah, you guy, So we do have that, we do have that coming up, but that's a binge model. We're basically going to be doing what we did for Wonder Man two weeks in a row for that. So I mean, yeah, I guess that's it, because that's coming what June.
Speaker 2: That is coming into May into May.
Speaker 1: Into May so we've only got a couple of weeks for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: That having nothing on the horizon is is a little bit shocking, and but.
Speaker 2: Hey, I guess they are.
Speaker 3: They are ready to backload the second half of the year and just hit it full steam.
Speaker 1: Yep, I guess they just do that. So so we're entering so we'll have a couple of weeks before we get Spider Man Noir. We're three episodes away from episode three hundred, so we'll see where that lands. There may be next week where there's nothing at that point. David and I are going to take a week off at that point, so after basically would have amounted to nine weeks full of content, guaranteed content at that point. Yeah, we're probably gonna have a couple of these in a sentence point, but don't worry episode three hundred, We've already got a plan. We got some special stuff planned for that. So, but want to thank you for joining us. Following two hundred ninety seven, David tell people they can follow you.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on all socials at the Fantom. You can follow me here on the geek First Network as a part of our wrestling show The gimmick we come to after all the major events, and then we come to once a month with our WW two K twenty six live stream. We've got another episode coming up this Saturday. I know we've been doing a lot of Sundays, but next sorry, not this Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be next Saturday. It's gonna be the twenty third again.
Speaker 3: We normally do Sundays, but with me being out of town this week and then next Sunday being my fortieth birthday, we.
Speaker 2: Decided to switch it to a Saturday.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna do it on the twenty third, come to you with the wrestling stream, so stay tuned for more information on that.
Speaker 1: All right, check it out. Yes, you can follow me on all the socials at Chris Balgap And as always, we want to thank our official sponsor, panel Bound Comics dot Com. Use that code marvel gua to check out to get two dollars off every single order, or use the code mgua sit for five percent off when you order four or more books together. You can also follow the Marvel Alliance at Marvel a podcast and Twitter. You can follow the geeg Altimate Alliance Network on Twitter at Guapod Network You can email the show at Marvel Alliance podcast at gmail dot com. Feel free to tweet email if under I feedback, ask questions, continue to rate, review of the podcast and Apple podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music where to get your podcast for really appreciate it. Thank you all for joining us live in the tach Thank you all for listening. Stay safe out there everyone, and stand the man would say, excelsior, true believers. All right, David, what do you got for post credits tonight?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So at the Disney up fronts we only got really one piece of Marvel stuffing. Net was confirmation that Vision Quest will debut on October fourteenth on Disney Plus. So with the so you continuing after Dune's Day in confirmation of additional seasons of your friendly neighborhoods Spider Man and X Men ninety seven, When do you think we will get more TV news from Marvel?
Speaker 1: I would say probably D twenty three. This is the big year for D twenty three. They alternate every other year. Last year was the small year. So they are coming. Marvel is supposedly coming to I don't think it's been official yet. I think this is just coming from umberto and the rap saying that they're coming back, but it's never been officially confirmed Marvel as returning.
Speaker 3: Correct, Correct, it has not, It has not been It has not been been said. There's been a lot of rumors that they are going to go back to their roots and do the hall Ah thing again.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping that's.
Speaker 3: That's true, especially since this is the year of you know, a big Avengers movie again. So and that was my guess is they are gonna save the big guns for the return to haul h.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that it'll be very much obviously doomsday focused, Spider Man Brand New Day would have just either come out or be coming out. I think that if they will, because we don't even hear anything filming at this point for next year. That's the thing. It's gonna be very interesting in landscape where what is coming next year outside of Secret Wars, you know, and that's not until December of next year. So I would say if they're putting something out there, we could get Marvel Zombies next year, but that's only four episodes. I don't hear anything live. Actually, well, we'll have Daredevil season three, so but that's not that we already know about that, So I say, Daredevil Season three's next year, Marvel Zombies could be next year new project. I still I'm sticking to the idea that they're going to do a new TV project or in streaming project. It's going to be a d twenty three. But I don't see I do see them doing any Marvel TV stuff, streaming stuff at at San Diego Comic Con.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, the the only thing that worries me about San Diego Comic Con being a vehicle for big TV announcements is the fact that it is the week before the premiere of Spider Man Brand New Day.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you.
Speaker 3: Can announce without spoiling too much. But you know, I'm again I'm or taking away the thunder.
Speaker 2: Of this upcoming event.
Speaker 3: But I'm hoping that maybe hey, they announced something and it gets people excited for Marvel again, and maybe it brings a crowd in to say I need to jump back on the bandwagon and start with Brand New Day to get back on for those who felt the tiredness of way too much Marvel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So all right, well we will see what happens next week. Again, there might be a possibility that we go dark next week. If there's nothing out there, but if there's some news, you know where to check us out. Next week, same Spidy time, same spidy channel. Hope you all have a great UPco weekend and week ahead, and stay safe and take care of yourself, take care of each other. We'll see you next week maybe bye bye see