Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM sixty on demand.
Speaker 2: Pleasure being with you as always.
Speaker 3: We've got a cancer specialist and oncologist who specializes in prostate cancer is going to join us coming up here. In our next segment, we'll talk about what's going on with President Biden and the diagnosis of an aggressive form of prostate cancer. And that seems counter to the other piece of information that says it's responsive to hormone treatment. So I don't really know how that stuff works. So we're gonna ask the expert about that. A little confusing for me. I may just not be smart enough to figure that out. So we asked a question on the talkback, and we'll get some of yours here in a minute. The question is, would you watch a reality show of undocumented immigrants who are vying for citizenship? DHS is considering this reality show, and by considering it, I don't know if they're genuinely considering it, but they have received the proposal and they haven't responded yet, which by definition means considering. I don't know how serious though they would be considering it. Here's the story. Kay Cal had the story, but they talked to the producer who pitched the idea as well. Now wait until you hear what he has to say, and I'll tell you why I would watch it for generations.
Speaker 4: The creator of The Hunger Games.
Speaker 5: Hollywood has made movies, Welcome to v scames and TV shows starring people who will do anything to get rich.
Speaker 3: Take home this generational wealth of five million.
Speaker 2: Dollars, or just survive hard Time or Prime Time.
Speaker 3: Newish.
Speaker 2: One I loved was just Wipeout. That was so great. Just wipe Out.
Speaker 3: I mean, those people took some brutal hits, but everybody was okay, big padded thing. I loved it. I loved wipe Out.
Speaker 5: The Trump administration and Homeland Security Director Christy nom are reportedly considering a new reality TV series that would star immigrants.
Speaker 2: To become US citizens.
Speaker 6: Everybody who's going to be on this show is going to volunteer to be on this show.
Speaker 5: The man who wants to produce the show Rob Warsof, a Canadian American whose past credits include Duck Dynasty, Dating Naked, and The Millionaire Matchmaker.
Speaker 3: Did I've seen Millionaire Matchmaker? Unfortunately saw Duck Dynasty. That was just poking fun at rednecks. Have you seen the dating naked Did we see that? Did you guys see dating naked?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would not do that. I got to get you to fall in love with me before you get to see what's underneath. Because if we go to first, you know, third base first, then you're not gonna go on a second date.
Speaker 2: So there's no dating naked here.
Speaker 5: We spoke with Warsof about his pitch to the Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Once you get past the shocking headline of like, oh, it's the Hunger Games for immigration, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not that at all.
Speaker 6: This show would offer the opportunity for one lucky person of America's choosing to skip to the front of the line in that process.
Speaker 3: Okay, so not the Hunger Games. So no deportation if you lose.
Speaker 6: And fast track there way the citizenship.
Speaker 3: But come on, I mean, we would know what you look like, we know that you don't have documents, and I mean they're gonna they're gonna come get you. So it is deportation if you lose.
Speaker 6: I think this show is gonna celebrate and humanize the people in that journey to actually sort of get to know the real people behind it and their stories and their backstories, and we're gonna cheer for them and we're gonna love them.
Speaker 3: Ah, there you go. That's the reason that DHS should not do this. It's the reason that we would watch the idea that we're going to humanize people because the DHS is gonna say no because they're worried about the backlash.
Speaker 2: They don't want to you can't do something like that.
Speaker 3: Although with this administration, the more you tell them that they can't do something, that's some more more likely than they are gonna do it. But I think in the end they're gonna say, now, this is gonna look this is gonna look bad, this is gonna make us look really bad.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: But the real reason they should say no is that the portrayal may have the effect of humanizing people that are in the country illegally. The momentum with these mass deportations hinges on the majority of Americans dehumanizing the undocumented.
Speaker 2: To be able to point and say you're a criminal.
Speaker 3: You are, and then what we do is we say, we're going to put you in this box, We're going to identify you in this way.
Speaker 2: And because I've labeled you.
Speaker 3: Because I've identified you, and because I regard you in this manner, I now feel morally justified in sending you out of the country. If you humanize people and you find out that someone is working a cash only, low paying job because they're fleeing from some disaster elsewhere, or because they're taking care of their child and their brother or sister's kids as well, and they're just trying to get by. If we humanize people and then they're deported again, suppose you've got fifteen contestants and only one wins. You're gonna take a look at those other fourteen and at some point news will come out that they're being deported. It will, it will happen, and when that happens, people are gonna go, wait a minute, I saw that person on the TV show, and that person was had this redeeming quality. That person had that redeeming quality. And if they have redeeming qualities, we relate to them, and if we relate to them, we don't want to see bad things happen to them. And if we see bad things happen to them, we don't look at them as the criminals. We then look at the government as being the unjust enforcers of something we regard as unethical, whether it's legal or illegal, we look at it as unethical and not right, okay, And so that's why DHS really should not do this if they want to continue with the immigration crackdown. It's also the reason I would watch that's I want to see the human aspects of things, because what we do is we say, the people who are coming into our country are rapists, are murderers, they're from insane asylums, and what do we do and some I suppose might be good people? Right, those are the terms we use to describe people that are in this country without documents. We don't say as a husband and a father trying to provide for their wife and children. Because if we say they're struggling, like we're struggling, they have similar life experiences. They've got this other hardship they're overcoming, they're fighting.
Speaker 2: We love an underdog story, and if you start.
Speaker 3: Making people relate to those who are undocumented immigrants, suddenly we start rooting for the underdog. And that's not what this administration is gonna want. If they want to continue the crackdown, they're just not going to want that at all. So that was our talkback question on the iHeartRadio app on what your thoughts on that as well?
Speaker 7: Oh here's another one for you. If you do the illegal aliens show that they compete to be able to stay, but add a twist into it.
Speaker 3: Oh, another twist is if the premise wasn't twisting enough, what is it?
Speaker 7: Get a group of homeless cats.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, where are you going with this one?
Speaker 7: Get a group of homeless cats?
Speaker 3: Okay, homeless cats. They have to eat the cats. Where are you going with this?
Speaker 7: Or even ones from the shelter. And it's a known fact that if you are a bad person or have bad vibes.
Speaker 2: Oh you hurt animals, right, a cat will.
Speaker 7: Not go to you. So whoever has a cat that stays with him the longest, well I can win. Great show, guys.
Speaker 8: Bye?
Speaker 3: Is that true? Is it a known fact that cats won't come near you if you're if you have bad vibes?
Speaker 9: I think that that's pretty made up. But I'm not mad at the logic behind her game. I think it was very creative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's creative, but I also think like she's trying to justify why she walks around with tuna fish in her pockets all day long.
Speaker 9: Well, I also heard of a thing called cat ism. If you think all cats are bad, or all cats are good, or all cats are ora oracles of you know, you're performing catism all cats are different?
Speaker 3: Is that a thing where we think cats are oracles?
Speaker 9: Well, I asked the talkback lady. I think that she she has some strong feelings about cats, and I'm not.
Speaker 2: My cat only faces south in the litter box. That means my cat thinks that the equator is north.
Speaker 3: What what's proof of aliens? My cats?
Speaker 2: An oracle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: All right, all right, hey Chris and.
Speaker 2: Group, that's you, Kayla your group?
Speaker 4: Okay, damn it?
Speaker 7: Okay, No, I would not want to watch a TV show like that.
Speaker 3: What if we added cats?
Speaker 7: I have a hard time watching Naked and Afraid?
Speaker 2: How did he know we went straighten Naked and Afraid. I'm kind of with her, though.
Speaker 3: I have trouble watching the first few episodes of Naked and Afraid. But then after they've been out there for a while, they start to they start to really trim up, and then they start to get hot, and then.
Speaker 7: I'm in so watching that illegal show. No I just wouldn't do anything for me. Okay, sorry, all right, love your show.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, what if we made people who are here undocumented naked and had to attract cats?
Speaker 2: I think we've just we just hit on the winner, guys.
Speaker 4: I think we should stop talking about.
Speaker 2: It on a winner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 9: We should create this and keep it as an.
Speaker 3: Give it away the good got good ideas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I love it.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you so much for crowdsourcing the naked and illegal uh reality show that we're going to create. Thank you so much. All right. Bad news for former President Joe Biden has been diagnosed an aggressive form of prostate cancer. We're gonna find out just how aggressive that is and why didn't they catch this sooner.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: Chris Merril CAFI AM six forty more stimulating talk on demand anytime in the iHeartRadio app and today's program. You'll find all right on the Featured Segments podcast in the KFI AM six forty dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, if you missed it.
Speaker 3: A spokesman for former President Joe Biden says that he's been diagnosed he's got an aggressive form of prostate cancer. So what I'm hearing is doctors found a nodule on his prostate on Friday. They wanted to do further evaluation, and they said he's got cancer. That is a statement from the former president and his family. They are looking at treatment options. Joining us right now is doctor Tanya Dorf. She's a professor in the Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research with the City of Hope and an oncologist who specializes in prostate cancer as well as a number of other cancers.
Speaker 2: Doctor Dorf, thank you so much for being with us. How what is this?
Speaker 3: What is this cancer that we think that former President Biden has and how common is this?
Speaker 10: Prostate cancer is extremely common. You know, close to three hundred thousand men in the United States are diagnosed each year. Fortunately, it's most often diagnosed in a curable state. What we're hearing is words like aggressive, So you know, even in those more advanced aggressive cases, it's important to realize that we have very effective treatments for prostate cancer thanks to a lot of advances, and so there's still a hope for even in advanced for many years of good quality life with effective treatment.
Speaker 3: So they talk about this being and it helped me understand this, so I know so very little about it. They talk about it being a responsive to hormone treatment, but that it has it spread as I was reading, spread into his metastasized to the bone. Is when I'm reading the New York Times reporting that, So that sounds bad to me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can't speak to President Biden's case specifically. And just to take a step back, you know, sure all of us at the City of Hope recognize how life changing a cancer diagnosis is, and our thoughts go out to President Biden and his family. And these words like aggressive or metastasized, they can can certainly be very scary. But generally speaking, even when prostate cancer has spread to other parts of the body, it is still very treatable. There is still very effective treatment that can help manage the cancer for many years with good quality of life. And it does tend to start with hormone type therapy.
Speaker 3: So okay, so hormone therapy, and then I mean we're talking chemotherapy, were talking radiation, what other sorts of things might someone go through? Not the President specifically, because we don't know enough details. And obviously you're not as doctor, but what do you normally see? You see it starts with hormone therapy and then what might be the next steps.
Speaker 10: Well, so prostate cancer takes a very multidisciplinary approach, and beyond standard hormone therapy, we do DOUBLET or triplet adding more sophisticated drugs like androgen receptor pathway inhibitors. We sometimes do use chemotherapy, we sometimes do apply radiation, and it's really important for people to get a specialized opinion in a commerhensive cancer center that will provide multidisciplinary management so that every tool that can possibly help is available and apply to a person's case.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there a way because now this kind of thing scares a hell out of me because I have something in common with President Biden, and that is I have prostate So what should I be doing now to avoid diagnosis like that.
Speaker 2: In the future.
Speaker 10: Well, the good news is there is screening and that's part of why most prostate cancer is detected at an early stage and very curable. So screening is generally done with a blood test called PSA, and that's something that all men in that age range should speak to their physician about Obviously, cancer screening has to be balanced against a patient's overall health conditions, but PSA screening is something that men can be and should be doing in order to have the potential to be diagnosed with more early stage, more curable prostate cancer.
Speaker 3: Doctor Tamy Dorff is a professor of the Department of Medical and Coology and Therapeutics Research at the City of Hope and specializing in prostate cancer and bladder cancer, TIS together cancer PAL cancer.
Speaker 2: She's been, She's been.
Speaker 3: She's written one hundred plus papers on this stuff and knows are stuff better than anybody in the country. So, doctor Dorff, the president is one of the most and he's only been out office for a few months. He's he's one of the most highly monitored individuals in the country. How come this doesn't show up in past physicals?
Speaker 2: I mean, what does this? Does this sort of thing pop up this quickly?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, we generally think of prostate cancer as more of a slow growing cancer, and that provides us the opportunity to do screening and detect it early. There are some cases that present more aggressively and have already spread by the time we detect them.
Speaker 3: What if, how does somebody know if if they okay, if I had a PSA test at my last physical, but I might be experiencing something. What what might that something that would send me back to the doctor and say, something's not right. What are my signs or symptoms?
Speaker 10: Most of the time it's it's there are no symptoms, right, So it can be as simple as noticing a change the PSA last year or two years ago was three and now it's four, Or it was two and now it's four. You know, it's the change in the number as well as the absolute number. But some men will have some symptoms, some urinary symptoms that might also lead to to referral to urology and a possible diagnosis like.
Speaker 3: What is that like like increased frequency or I mean, what what might that be? We can be listening, we can it's Sunday, nobody's listening. We can get a little a graphic here what might well be experiencing.
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't want to worry people because it's very common that benign enlargement of the prostate causes men to get up and urinate frequently at night and have urinary frequency or urgency. So I don't want people to be worried that that means they have cancer. It's much more common that there are no symptoms than that we pick it up on the blood test. But you know, if someone is having persistent symptoms and not getting released, you know, with standard measures, then I think discussing with the urologist and making sure you've had a PSA checked is a good place to start.
Speaker 2: So that does that PSA?
Speaker 3: Does that replace the old getting to know your doctor a little more intimately a test that we've.
Speaker 2: Had in past years.
Speaker 10: Not that it replaces, but there are there's a limited amount that we can find on a rectal exam. Rectal exam is still considered to be helpful, and I certainly have seen patients where their PSA was normal, but their doctor did a rectal exam and felt something and that led to their diagnosis. So they provide you know, different information.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm fascinated by all of this, and now I'm thinking that it doesn't matter what I eat, doesn't matter if I'm exercising.
Speaker 2: This sort of thing is just kind of random.
Speaker 10: It absolutely matters that you eat healthy and exercise. You know, these things are known to be good for us overall. Waiting carcinogenic subsans of in foods, right, will help reduce our risk of cancer across the spectrum. But you know, there's not necessarily a specific set of recommendations to avoid prostate cancer.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, it's not like smoking and lung cancer and that correlation kind of thing, right, I mean, it's just general help.
Speaker 10: There aren't strong correlations. Okay, yeah, I mean you know, yeah, so many men get diagnosed, and sometimes there's a genetic predisposition, right, so if there's a family history, that's certainly a reason to pay attention and get PFA screening. You know, if you have a brother or a father who is diagnosed with prostate cancer, that that does significantly increase your risk of being diagnosed with one.
Speaker 3: All right, well, listen, I actually feel a little bit better now because, like you said, we've heard some pretty scary words, right, aggressive, fantasticized, those are scary words. So thank you so much for putting our minds at ease and give us a little more information with appreciate that, doctor Tanya Dwarf.
Speaker 2: Pleasure having you on. I can't well, actually I can wait.
Speaker 3: I hope that we don't have to talk to you very often because that would mean more people with cancer. So yeah, but if that, you know, if it happens, you're pretty good. Okay, thank you so much, doctor Dorf on College A specializing prostate cancer City.
Speaker 2: I hope pleasure having you on the program. I feel smarter now.
Speaker 3: You noticed, Kyla, she said that those healing crystals you've been trying to sell me they don't do any good either. She never brought that up. So it looks like I am gonna need a return on my investment. Thank you char much.
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: On demand anytime in the iHeart Radio app. So we asked the question, would you watch a reality show of undocumented immigrants vuying for citizenship? Dhs is considering as a producer, has pitched the idea would you watch it? Was our question on the talk back. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, just click on that talkback button and record a little message you got seconds. By the way, if you go over then you just get cut off. It's not even me cutting you off. It's just the system. It's kind of like the old days of running out of tape on the answering machine. So you got thirty seconds? All right, just tell me which are the thirty seconds?
Speaker 2: Uh so what say you?
Speaker 8: Hey, Chris? It was already a program done early two dozands and Channel CC two. It's a reality show based off of Fear Factor. Who's called really translates to when the Green then we get help with immigration papers when they were the program.
Speaker 3: Okay, so somebody already did that on Spanish language TV. Well, yeah, this would be network. Are you kind of surprised we don't have a White House Entertainment uh network? Remember what like like we have for you know, you got like the well we don't have the PAC twelve network anymore, but you got like the Big ten network for your UCLA and USC games, and you got uh, you got the you know, the Yankees have like the Yes Network, the Yankee I'm just kind of surprise we don't have a I guess we sort of do with c SPAN. Not very entertaining at all. All right, what about you? Hey, this is chat here in La.
Speaker 11: I really enjoy your show and thank you everything that you're saying.
Speaker 2: Everything Kayla. He enjoys everything else.
Speaker 9: I don't know, maybe he's one of the ones that get that get high.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Kayla needs to chill. Just keep that in mind.
Speaker 11: I had as far as this documentary documentary, but this reality thing, Yeah, it's not hundred games. It's it's it's Running Games, that old movie with our former governor. Yeah, Running Games. It's just prisoners who are trying to basically get out, but at the end all their bodies were found down somewhere and nobody got out. So yeah, it's this is running Games.
Speaker 2: Did you see that Running Man? Right?
Speaker 3: That was his movie Running Oh, I get what he's saying. He's saying Running Man versus I got you. Yeah, Running Man and Hunger Games. Okay, I'm down. That's kind of what it is. He's right in the end, we're all soilent green. Now that's another one, altogether different all together. I'm just confusing all the different old shows. Walmart says they're going to raise prices, always, raise prices always.
Speaker 12: The nation's largest retailer says it is hiking its prices to offset rising import costs due to the President's tariffs.
Speaker 2: How dare they?
Speaker 12: Walmart says shoppers can expect to start to see those increases towards the end of this month. ABC's Christian Cordero has more.
Speaker 3: Christian this morning.
Speaker 13: America's largest retailer, known for offering great deals on everyday products, is bracing for the White House to strike lasting deals of its own with major trading partners. Tariffs are expected to drive prices up on all imports. In its earnings call, Walmart CEO saying customers will feel a pinch uh uh.
Speaker 14: We will do our best to keep our prices as low as possible, but given the magnitude of the tariffs, even if the reduced levels announced this week, we aren't able to absorb all the pressure given the reality of narrow retail margins.
Speaker 3: And let's remember, we got to pay ourselves. The Waltons didn't become the wealthiest family in American history.
Speaker 2: But losing cash all right, people.
Speaker 3: So when we say we're going to do everything we can, we mean not quite everything we can.
Speaker 14: And retail managing inventory is always important.
Speaker 3: Also full disclosure, I bought Walmart during the last recession for this very reason.
Speaker 13: The company expects the cost will hit back to school shopping as it likely looks to adjust pricing on non essential items first, so that grossery items like bananas, avocados, and coffee are less affected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well coffee is going up anyway. We're getting hit by that anyway.
Speaker 15: What we hope happens is that there are changes from a policy point of view that help us get prices back ex. Tariffs on bananas and things that we don't grow here. So food inflation is very much on our mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, So remember when the well, they're America's largest retailer, was the online retailer Amazon, and there was the rumor that they were going to add the they were they were going to show what you were paying in tariffs. Remember that was what, oh god, what was that like, six seven, eight, ten, twelve years ago? Oh no, it was last week that that they said, you know, we're going to start showing how much the tariffs are costing you. And then Trump called Bezos and said, not Basis, but called the yeah Amazon Bezos and said.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, what do you what do you don't do that? And Basis went, whoa, We're not doing that.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: This is internet rumor, President Trump, We're not doing that.
Speaker 3: So Trump said, yeah, don't make me look bad because you don't want my wrath and Besis went, nah, we're not going to do that. Well now, of course, Walmart actually said it in the meeting, and that did not make President Trump very happy.
Speaker 16: Tonight, President Trump is warning Walmart against raising prices, telling the nation's biggest retailer engrosser to quote eat the tariffs.
Speaker 3: Oohooo, barbecue tariffs.
Speaker 16: The President returned to Washington, d C. Last night, wrapping up a three nation trip to the Middle East. CBS is Willie James Enman is at the White House.
Speaker 2: Willie, what did he say?
Speaker 3: Eating to you?
Speaker 17: The President spent the day here at the White House, out of sight as he faces pushback on his so called big beautiful bill and tariffs.
Speaker 2: All right, get to the point.
Speaker 17: This weekend, President Trump warning the nation's largest retailer against raising prices, warning them posting on true social Walmart should stop trying to blame tariffs as the reason. He then added the retailer and China should eat the tariffs.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 17: The post comes two days after you.
Speaker 3: Mean, Walmart is saying they're going to do what we all said that they were going to do, and then the President says you shouldn't do that, and we're what surprised.
Speaker 17: Walmart CEO Doug McMillan warned on a quarterly earnings call that prices may rise amid the president's trade war with China and other nations.
Speaker 3: So the uh truth, what do you say? He didn't tweet this out? He truth?
Speaker 2: This truth, truth, truth truth?
Speaker 3: Did it out? What a terrible name for social media. Here's what he said. Walmart should stop trying to blame tariffs as the reason for raising prices throughout the chain. Walmart made billions of dollars that's in capital letters last year, far more than expected. Was it isn't that what earnings are earnings expectations between Walmart and China? They should, as is said, eat the tariffs and not charge valued customers anything. I'll be watching, and so will your customers. Yes, we will be watching, because, uh, we are always looking for where we can not spend more money? Does the president? I think we're already watching, because we are. We're already watching who's got the lowest prices? Where can I get my eggs? We're watching the prices that's happening. But here's the other thing that I think all of us ignize. The prices are going to go up and the tariffs are going to be blamed, whether the whether the tariffs are the reason or not. This is what we call in the business cover. It's sort of like your gas prices go up when there's a refinery fire, like we're seeing right now refinery fire in Benetia, and all of a sudden, prices go up. And then Valro says they're going to close that that refinery next year and prices are going to go up. And then after prices at the pump skyrocket, what do we hear? The oil companies make record profits, which means there is more being charged than they need to. But we don't have really any other option, right, But they say, well, it's supplying demand, it's supplying to it's a refinery fire. I mean, what were we supposed to do? That's covered. Egg prices skyrocketed right bird flew. But the thing is is that the government was reimbursing any farms that were affected by the bird flu. If you had to kill off your flock, the government cut you at check. And yet and we didn't see a reduction in supply, not the way that they're talking about. And certainly there's no reason for the price to go up because the farmers were already compensated. Even if there was a disruption of the supply chain, that didn't necessitate more profit taking because they had been compensated. Which is why you saw wholesale prices drop last month or the month before, once the bird flu thing starts getting ironed out. And yet it's only just in the last week or two that we start seeing egg prices, retail prices start to drop. That's because they had cover. So if prices start going up, right now, what do we say. We say, it's tariffs. So Walmart can raise prices and they go man those tariffs whether they need to or not. They can blame the tariffs. And the President knows this. He walked into it, which is why he's issuing these threats. I'll be watching and then, what what are you to do? Shut down Walmart? You're gonna have the government come in and shut down an American business because that feels very Chinese Communist party like. So you can't do that. And the cost isn't just gonna get passed down to you and I the consumer. It's going to be passed down to the US suppliers as well, not just the Chinese suppliers. It'll be passed down to the US suppliers in the form of aggressive cost setting. This is something Walmart does. So Walmart is similar to CMS, that's the centers for Medicare and Medicaid services, and they have all the leverage and they tell the suppliers. In the case of the Medicare Medicaid, they tell the providers. They do what the providers will pay, right, and we've talked about how CMS sets the prices and providers.
Speaker 2: Don't they can't make any money on it.
Speaker 3: Same thing happens with suppliers to Walmart, and the suppliers a very little choice other than to say we're not going to supply you Walmart, and then they cut their market share. So the margin that Walmart's talking about actually fall on the suppliers, not on the retailer itself, which is why Walmart made billions of dollars, but their suppliers don't make nearly as much.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: Clock and there's no business like serviceiness.
Speaker 2: That's good. You have POSAZ tonight.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like when you bring the energy.
Speaker 2: That's very good.
Speaker 3: That's very good.
Speaker 2: Chris Merrill. I Am six forty.
Speaker 3: The podcast for tonight show is going to be in the featured segments at KFIAM six forty dot com after the program. So if you missed anything on tonight's show, including some splendid ideas for making the new reality show of undocumented immigrants vying for citizenship in the United States even better, you're gonna want to grab that podcast tonight.
Speaker 2: It included nudity and cats.
Speaker 3: So some really great ideas, guys, really good idea And I love all of you for it. Another big story that we're all watching. I don't know why it is that we love it so much, but we do. And I'm I'm just like the rest of the rest of you. I love watching a good man hunt after a jailbreak.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's some good music, Tayla, need more of that in your life.
Speaker 1: That's odd.
Speaker 3: I think that song is twenty years older than you.
Speaker 2: It's pretty great. Love it, Love it.
Speaker 3: Seven men still at large after escaping from a jail in New Orleans after they crawled.
Speaker 2: They didn't really crawl through the toilet, but it was close.
Speaker 4: These photos released by New Orleans officials.
Speaker 2: You can't see it.
Speaker 3: This is Dave packer from ABC tell us about photos which we can't see because radio.
Speaker 4: So inside the cell where they say ten men escaped, prompt an intense search, authorities announcing some of the escapees have been captured. Photos show a dislodged toilet inside one of the cells and the words too easy scribbled above.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was also misspelled. They wrote to easy instead of tooh. I mean, come on, people, there's a reasoning behind bares. You should have paid attention to sixth grade.
Speaker 4: Pointing to a hole where the inmates are believed to have escaped, The sheriff says deputies discovered the men were missing during a routine head count.
Speaker 18: And based on video surveillance, they were seeing exiting a door on the docks where we normally bring in supplies, scaling a wall and running across the interstate.
Speaker 4: Officials say at least two inmates have been captured, including Kendall Miles.
Speaker 3: It's like when you drive by the prisoner and says do not pick up hitchhikers, and you think how often they have an escape where you got a hitchhiker?
Speaker 4: Well in New Orleans, officials say at least two inmates have been captured, including Kendall Miles, who was found less than three miles away from the jail hiding beneath a car.
Speaker 3: I was slow.
Speaker 4: Miles is charged with attempted second degree murder. The other inmates facing charges from murder to aggravated assault.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Officials believe someone inside the jail system may have helped the inmates escape.
Speaker 3: Oh you guys want to take bets on this one. You want a guess who was on the inside. I'm gonna say it was a guard that somebody was sweet talking. Oh yeah, I think it's always the case. My niece was She did the guard training thing for a prison and she said that they spent an inordinate amount of time warning them about relationships with prisoners.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yes, Like she says, it's a They reinforce it constantly about how do not start falling in love with a prisoner.
Speaker 9: I guess it's like having a work husband. They probably like lay it on real thick. They're probably desperate, and it's like, after working with this person day in and day out, you're like, well, what, I believe them?
Speaker 19: Oh, people don't know the real him. Plus like you know, just watching, I don't know how real it is. But like Orange is the New Black. Yeah, people have relationships talking like it's it's not necessarily yeah they're getting close or not. They're not trying to create something, but it's like you get close with each other.
Speaker 2: I love that your your experiences with Oranges the New Black.
Speaker 3: That's outstanding.
Speaker 9: I thought, for sure, who's gonna say a sixty day lock up or something?
Speaker 2: But I thought so too. I thought he was gonna be like, yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Scared straight or something, right, and he was like okay. So I was watching Oranges the New Black with my boyfriends and ha ha, just remember when Piper was talking and yeah, it's perfect, it's really good. That's really good. So no, I gotta it's always a guard who's falling for somebody. And like I said, my niece had to do this training and they said, don't fall for And the thing is a lot of these guys. Why wouldn't you want a befriend one of the guards. What's the disadvantage to it? Right, everybody's playing a game in there. Everybody's the game is survival, whether you are trying to find Maybe they genuinely want to find love and that guy guard represents love. Maybe they're manipulating the guard, whatever it is, there's no reason for them not to. There's when you start weighing risk versus reward. There is no risk to befriending the guard. The only risk is on the side of the guard.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a reason.
Speaker 2: Believe that.
Speaker 11: There were some assistance with this.
Speaker 3: That's why we thoroughly investigated.
Speaker 18: We placed three individuals on administrator leave pitt an outcome of this investigation.
Speaker 3: Ooh, three of them. All right, maybe it was more than just relationship. Maybe they were being strong armed from the outside. I mean, look, could be wrong. I'm just saying in the past, it's always been some guard with some relationship. Okay, we don't know for sure.
Speaker 4: The US Marshals are assisting with the manhunt, and the FBI announced a five thousand dollars reward for tips leading to the capture of the escapees. Dave Packer, ABC News, New York.
Speaker 3: Dave Packer sounds like AI, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: He sounds like a game show host. He's so good. Yeah, he's so good.
Speaker 1: He's got KFI A M six forty on demand