Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: Everyone's Alex was chilly? All right, everyone's here, everyone's here. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen. He rod Ryan, where is that guy.
Speaker 4: Day?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, wait you wake your hands.
Speaker 5: Off snake Epe rod Ryan show check it in Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Well, we had talked about.
Speaker 5: Putting some songs in there earlier this week, and somehow it worked out. Those songs made it into Throwback Thursday. So the Pixies are in there, the Hives are in there.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about songs, song clips.
Speaker 5: Maybe after seven o'clock we'll get to that. I got paternity Paul going for win number four, freshout of bad, Head to Head Challenge, Fresh out of bed. At six twenty, Pixies Here comes your Man. That'll be in Throwback Thursday today.
Speaker 3: We'll give away tickets to go see the Pixies in home Room.
Speaker 5: You'll win those on the fun Fat Flashback Cohat and Cambria tickets at seven twenty.
Speaker 6: Then read my lips.
Speaker 3: Alex takes on I.
Speaker 5: Think it's Siphany Tiffany Tiffany for Hives tickets Hives in Throwback Thursday Today. Bus Best tickets, all shprim tickets in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: Man, what a beautiful day yesterday.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about the.
Speaker 5: Golf tournament and pictures, and we'll share all that stuff with you today. Sunny's guys today. Ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty seven.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Alex.
Speaker 3: What are Houston's headlines? Good morning ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 7: President Donald Trump announced the ninety day suspension of most newly imposed tariffs yesterday afternoon, reducing the reciprocal tariff rate to ten percent for numerous countries. However, he also increased tariffs on Chinese inputs to one hundred and twenty five percent China's lack of respect towards global markets. China did not take the hike in its tariff amount quietly. In retaliation, China as an eighty four percent tariff on US goods. The stock market exploded upward on the news of the pause, with the Nasdaq having its biggest day in twenty four years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was wild yesterday.
Speaker 6: We were out at the golf tournament.
Speaker 5: But I know that nobody cares about the stock market, but holy Kyle, it was wild, wild.
Speaker 7: Like it's like not real to me. Where it's like, oh, it's the worst. It's arra been okay, psych never mind, it's best in twenty four years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like the same week.
Speaker 5: It's crazy talk in a day apart from one of them, Yeah, one day.
Speaker 7: The US Postal Service is proposing increasing the cost of a first class forever stamp from seventy three cents to seventy eight since beginning in July, pending approval by the Postal Regulatory Commission. The proposal includes a similar price hike for postcards, metered letters, and international mail. The USPS asserts that these increases are necessary to achieve financial stability, containing a trend of rate hikes in recent years. Since twenty nineteen, stamp price has risen forty six percent. President Donald Trumps indicated that he may place the USPS under the control of the Commerce Department to address the agency's continuous financial losses.
Speaker 3: Happy National Siblings Day, everybody, Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: A recent poll found that eighty eight percent of people grew up with at least one brother or sister. Thirty three percent of people with siblings think that their mom has a favorite child, compared to only twenty two percent who think that their dad does. Only thirty percent of people think that they are the favorite child, eight percent of people claim to have had a serious physical fight with a sibling before, and ten percent of people consider their sibling their best friend.
Speaker 5: This is a big fight between you and your brother over who's the best back and forth. Yeah, who's the better son? Right, that's on, That's been going on forever with you guys.
Speaker 6: Right, very funny.
Speaker 3: Well, what did the best number of siblings that have? Though?
Speaker 7: People were asked how many siblings they wish they had growing up, and the top answer was two. That was twenty six percent of people that answered the survey. That was followed by one and then three in zero. So you had nineteen percent of people wanted one sibling, eighteen percent wanted three, and fourteen percent of people wanted no siblings.
Speaker 6: I could do without one of.
Speaker 3: Mine, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Could Jessica Simpsons snake semen vocal remedy be bs?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: One zoologist, sure thinks so.
Speaker 7: Jay Brewer from the Roku channel show Reptile Royalty says that he highly doubts that it's doing anything for her and claims that whatever she's drinking may not even contain any sort of snake juice in the first place, mainly because it's extremely difficult to get any significant amount from a snake. But Jessica claims that she's going to continue with her snake semen remedy, saying, quote, it's just really clearing my throat. I'm just a great singer when I have snakes.
Speaker 3: Ferm. She thought that chicken.
Speaker 6: Of the sea chicken.
Speaker 7: So I'm not saying she's a scientist, right, but a scientist zoologist guy says no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not real.
Speaker 5: You can't extract that amount of snake juice out of them.
Speaker 7: The Shriner is the wife of weezer Bassis Scott Schreiner, and she was shot by police in charge with attempted murder following an incident in the Eagle Rock neighborhood of Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Officers were searching for suspects.
Speaker 7: Involved in a nearby hit and run when they encountered Jillian outside of their home, allegedly armed with a handgun. Despite repeated commands to drop the weapon, she reportedly pointed it at officers, prompting them to open fire and Striker in the shoulder. She retreated into her home, but later emerged with the family's babysitter and surrendered to authorities. Jillian was treated for non life threatening injuries and booked for attempted murder, and police did confirm that she was not connected to the initial hit and run incident. I was reading this story right when I got home from the golf tournament.
Speaker 3: Shay crazy, like, wait what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought she was shooting at police. I get like, yeah, you can't point a gun at police. But like I thought, there was like a shootout with police in the Weezer basis wife. Not not the case, but it was just like, why you don't. I don't know how those went down. I think a lot more is going to come out over the following days.
Speaker 5: That's they're gonna have to sort through a lot of things here for sure. Those are Uston's headlines, all right, Switch Caps sports.
Speaker 7: Astros fellow the Mariners. Yesterday seven is six. They have five and seven on the season. They'll have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the Angels tomorrow night. In basketball, Rockets lost to the Clippers last night, went thirty four to one seventeen, so they were already locked into the two seed in the Western conference playoffs, so they sat four out of their five starters. Like the Astros, the Rockets are also going to have a day off before playing the Lakers tomorrow night in La.
Speaker 3: In golf Yeah, day one of the.
Speaker 7: Masters in Augusta, Georgia. World number one Scottie Scheffler is the favorite to win the event at plus five hundred. The first group is gonna tee off at six forty this morning, and I'll give you guys score.
Speaker 3: Updates throughout the show. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 8: There we go.
Speaker 5: Four hours of paying starts right now. First phone call. It's all yours. If you want it, come get it. Seven, one, three two, The most interactive show on the radio, it's this one ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show, checking in and now.
Speaker 3: Lock and load.
Speaker 5: Four hours of pain underway. Wakey, wakey, hands off, snakey. We're gonna be busy today. I don't know who's I don't know what level of hungover my team is here. I know there was a lot of partying going on yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was a beautiful day.
Speaker 5: Thank you to everybody that came out to the Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open benefiting Texas the depth of aquatics.
Speaker 3: It was a great day yesterday, So I.
Speaker 5: Don't I don't what what I'm going?
Speaker 3: Fine, buddy, are you fine? Yeah? I feel pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel pretty good. I didn't see much of Chili, but I don't think he really left the Willies Hole Willie's ice house.
Speaker 3: I saw him shooting some photography.
Speaker 6: Was he okay?
Speaker 3: Photography extraordinary? I saw him having a good time. Will these ice eyes? You like that hole over there?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, that kept my my belly fool right.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They had some uh crablet crawfish.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was a couple of crawfish teams out the geez.
Speaker 3: Then what they had like the new item was crawfish eggirl. Oh, it was goodish great.
Speaker 5: They gave me a jug. There's no alcohol in it, but they gave me.
Speaker 3: A jug of the cucumber water. Of that cucumber water. Nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he put a jug aside for me and that saved my life yesterday.
Speaker 10: What I guess I drink about two gallons because they didn't come from here into gallons.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 10: I guess I drink about a gallon or two because they didn't offer me any gallons.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they gave me a little half gallon.
Speaker 8: It was awesome, man.
Speaker 3: So all right, all right, pictures are coming. Maybe they bring some guests and stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got I gotta go through them and upload them.
Speaker 3: Okay, make sure that they're appropriate. All right, very good?
Speaker 5: All right, So pictures are coming. We'll talk little golf tournament. And then we've got Tiffany that's gonna be coming in to play Alex today. That's always exciting. So let's let's clean the place up a little bit. We've got Tiffany should be.
Speaker 3: Joining us in studio.
Speaker 6: And where did that go? Okay, that's all right. Go over to the phones here, get the first phone call.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's no time for the first phone call.
Speaker 3: Of the day. Okay, I don't want to hear anybody's hungover.
Speaker 5: Steve the Breadman gets up earlier than us, and he was golfing yesterday.
Speaker 9: Yesterday.
Speaker 12: Hey dug, Hey morning guys. How y'all doing today?
Speaker 3: Really good? Thanks?
Speaker 6: I know you already sent some pictures in too.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Did you ever get time yesterday?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 12: My god, dude, yesterday was the blast. It was my first time getting out there and golfing with you guys, got to hang out with Chili a little bit and watch Rosie finally got to meet you and Alex get some pictures in Man, I don't think he could have asked for better weather for a golf tournament. Could and everybody, everybody out there was awesome. I mean, there's so many people meeting from the show. I met Josh Tree, Ashley with an eye. Uh, you know, it's just it's totally awesome. You couldn't looking forward to going back in October.
Speaker 5: Yeah, please please come back. We will another one. And this is for everyone that didn't play in the tournament.
Speaker 9: You know, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: Normally I won't like rub.
Speaker 5: Things into listeners that didn't do things. I don't mind rubbing this one into people. You guys missed a great party on a golf course, and we'll do We will have a boobs rock tournament in October. And this is just it's your warning, it's your hey, you need to join us out there, because man, you don't want to miss out on this.
Speaker 6: It was awesome yesterday. Thank you, Steve. I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: And again you get up earlier than we do, so if you can get on hurting today.
Speaker 3: We're all hurting today, bro, Thank you dude. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I appreciate everybody and all the sponsors and all the volunteers and uh and I can't wait to see the pictures when Chili gets them up today.
Speaker 3: All right, on the flip, got a rec check for you.
Speaker 5: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll bring on Paternity Paul and we'll get somebody to play him in the fresh out of bed Us.
Speaker 3: Rock and aal tear Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good morning everybody, thanks for being a part of Homeroom six twenty.
Speaker 3: Hungover but on time, chancer ring.
Speaker 5: Nothing over that today, sunn these guys expected again a little warmer than yesterday. High today of around eighty seven. She got over there trending.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Weezer.
Speaker 7: I saw the Weezer bassist Scott Schreiner's wife, Jillian was shot by police after allegedly porting to get a handgun at them. They were investigating a hit and run accident in the area. And then she can't ross her aside and she had a handgun in her hand.
Speaker 5: Okay, so there's there's an accident in the street. She comes running out of the house with a gun.
Speaker 3: I guess. So she's standing with a gun when they came across it, and then the cops look at her and like put the gun down, drop the gun, dropped the gun, dropped the gun.
Speaker 6: And she did not drop the gun alleged. They got some stuff to sort of here.
Speaker 7: I think a lot more is gonna come out about this story in the coming days.
Speaker 6: You'll be talking about this in music tomorrow too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what else? Masters is trending. It's day one of the Masters in Augusta, Georgia. They're gonna tea off here in a couple in about twenty minutes or so. Over hellos, friends the Master. You'd like to wet the beak a little bit at Gavy Gambles on X. I'm gonna post my my picks. Oh Masters week, Jack Nicholas to win it all?
Speaker 7: Uh no, no, no, I'll kind of go with a long shot Arnold Palmer.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's got a shot?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Lebron James is trending.
Speaker 7: He became the first male athlete to have his own barbie.
Speaker 3: They gave him like a Lebron James version of a Ken Dolls. Okay, yeah, is it Ken? It is a Barbie set. Okay, it is with Lebron. He's got a fit, He's got all the stuff.
Speaker 7: But check it out and uh yeah, it's spotting on nighting by the bus.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody. This is two time Hall of Famer Fraternity Paul. You're welcome Ron. Two questions, two answers, Join me on Thursday when I will make it win number four my beat.
Speaker 3: All right, have you been listening?
Speaker 5: Is he beatable? Can you beat him? He is a two time Hall of Famer, as he said seven one three, two one two five nine four five, here's lit on the buzz ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod.
Speaker 5: Ryan Show, Wakey, wakey, home room, Hands off the snaky and Jessica Simpson's lying about that snake juice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta, I gotta link up. You're not drinking snake stuff.
Speaker 5: Snake expert chimed in and said, you can't get enough stuff out of it and can't do that. Yeah, all right, let's go Sunny's guys today.
Speaker 3: Low chances of rain, high of eighty seven. We gotta play a game here. I don't have time for Jessica Simpson's nonsense.
Speaker 14: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge listeners to your corners.
Speaker 5: Hey, Paternity Paul, you have morning, brother Rod and Carew got your name while I was on paternity leave, right, That's what Other John told me yesterday. Yeah, all right, seven years ago.
Speaker 13: That was from Yeah, that was from Dina actually, so I was like my second Hall of Fame, you know.
Speaker 4: Ron.
Speaker 13: She was like, well, what was your history?
Speaker 3: And I said, well I was.
Speaker 13: I was you know, I was on when Rob was out on maternity lead and she said you mean paternity, Yes, that was it.
Speaker 6: Paternity all right, Paternity.
Speaker 5: Paul, all right, well yeah, Other John knows all that stuff you're taking on.
Speaker 3: Alex. Good morning, Alex, Good morning brother run Chilly made me a little note.
Speaker 5: He said, you played in twenty twenty two. How specific where have you been.
Speaker 3: Just hanging around twenty twenty two? Dude, you can't leave us for that amount of time.
Speaker 12: Now, I have won some tickets, you know, just kind of up there.
Speaker 6: In all right, so you didn't take off.
Speaker 5: I'm like, dude, if you haven't checked in in three years, friend, all but you've been around, all right, Alex, Well, welcome back to the game. Paternity Paul, I don't know if you've heard anything, if you've heard a way.
Speaker 6: To beat him.
Speaker 3: He's been playing lights out.
Speaker 5: I got tickets to go see three eleven in Bad Flower to the Winner today. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Alex. He's been chiming in early No, Alex.
Speaker 3: On the phone. Sorry, I know I'm still paying attention Alex on the shows.
Speaker 6: Am I playing? What what?
Speaker 3: I can't allow? You're not allowed, but you're playing. Read my lips that I only played one time and I beat Phyllis.
Speaker 6: That was a house played the game before.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I might have played house, so I think I lost.
Speaker 5: Al Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Alex. You got this on the phone, Alex. Okay, Paul, I know, Paul, I know you got this all right. Question number one, what is the long distance running event that is twenty six point two Paul, marathon? Yeah, twenty six point two miles long. It's a marathon. Where were you Alex listener.
Speaker 9: Alex, Yeah, I don't do much running.
Speaker 5: I like that zero point zero baby, Okay, you don't have to personally be invested in the questions like that might you just have to know about them.
Speaker 3: Let's not rule anything out.
Speaker 5: You're allowed to answer even though you haven't run a marathon. I'm assuming paternity Paul has never run a marathon yet he got the question right, Paul, have.
Speaker 3: You run a marathon? I am not, but you can still chime in on those things.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Let's see if we can get Alex on the phone, get him something excited to answer about.
Speaker 3: Which nursery rhyme character sat on a wall?
Speaker 13: Paul, Humpty dumpty.
Speaker 5: There's no evidence that he was an egg either. Zero evidence that he was an egg. Makes sense that he was just kind of drawn that way and then people ran with it.
Speaker 3: Alex. Alex is not a big nursery rhyme guy. Nod him, never sat on a wall so robbed.
Speaker 6: Not a Humpty dumpty guy.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm more a.
Speaker 5: Little miss muffet on her tough end guy, Alex, Alex, I'm done with you. Don't wait three years to play Okay, you don't.
Speaker 3: Leave me like that, Alex. All right, paternity ball. Are you going for the Hall of Fame tomorrow?
Speaker 5: I am holy Connolly's you just won three eleven bad flower tickets too.
Speaker 8: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're racking up. That's the cool thing.
Speaker 5: We really downplay it. The cool thing about this game. Every day you're winning, winning, winning, and you've won some great things this week.
Speaker 15: So hang on The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 5: Ninety four five, The Buzz. I'm sorry, let me put down my air guitar.
Speaker 6: I was jamming out to that. That's good.
Speaker 3: That's Alex's favorite song.
Speaker 5: Alex got very ballsy yesterday and said, that's the best song on the radio right now.
Speaker 3: I think. So there's a lot of good stuff out there right now.
Speaker 6: That is a good one.
Speaker 5: It's Lincoln Park and up from the bottom.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's Show, six point thirty two. Thank you for being in home room. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, sunny.
Speaker 6: Sky's high of eighty seven.
Speaker 8: Beautiful day.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna top yesterday. We've been All we're doing is rubbing it into hall. Hall had like grown up, like work, like money, stuff like.
Speaker 3: You and your job, you and your little job.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You'll never miss golf tournaments.
Speaker 8: That was tough.
Speaker 3: It had to be.
Speaker 6: It was just the prettiest day ever.
Speaker 3: Dude, did I tell you how nice it was out there? Alex is your fun? I had the best time. I had the best time ever.
Speaker 16: Dude, I did not have that much fun working your.
Speaker 6: Little money over there.
Speaker 5: All right, I can't wait for Chili's working on getting those pictures up.
Speaker 3: Hey, bring the champion over here, a fresh out of.
Speaker 14: Bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 17: Good morning, every buddy, this is paternity Paul. You're fresh out of bed head to head four day champion. Two questions to answers again, Rod, You're welcome. The laser focus continues as I play on Friday and get that win number five and get back in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 13: Might be there.
Speaker 8: You have it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is laser focused.
Speaker 3: And not using up too many of my questions.
Speaker 5: I'm on that side of the game now, like oh, two questions to answers.
Speaker 6: I like this guy.
Speaker 3: All right, I do have a great ticket for you.
Speaker 5: I got pixies who are in the lineup today for Throwback Thursday. Alex is very torn today on all these songs. We'll do song clips in the seven o'clock hour, but right now.
Speaker 3: It's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart, bunny.
Speaker 7: Here, buddies, it's the funk back to the day.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: One thing that Hal has done is he has witnessed as I have the power of a Coldplay live show.
Speaker 6: Wow, they're unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Everything s here.
Speaker 5: I never would sit around and listen to Coldplay at my house, but it's by the fourth song, the place is trash. There's beach balls everywhere, there's confetti. By the fourth song. It looks like the finale of any other concept.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Coldplay has never ever had any lineup changes since the beginning. They've also never used any touring musicians. It's the same four guys playing and touring together since day one, almost thirty years now. There's a lot of sound coming out of that stage. There's nobody in the back, and it's just four dudes.
Speaker 8: If you get a chance to go, you gotta go.
Speaker 5: It's a stadium and they're filling a stadium up those four guys. You know, And unless you're a diehard fan, nobody can name another member of Coldplay other than.
Speaker 6: Chris Martin, right, yeah, that's it, or.
Speaker 3: Or wouldn't recognize them if they bumped into me on the street.
Speaker 6: It's just him.
Speaker 3: Right next up. If you add up now Hall knows this, see smart.
Speaker 5: If you add up all the numbers on a roulette wheel, you get six hundred and sixty six.
Speaker 4: That is fun.
Speaker 3: That satan where.
Speaker 16: It didn't actually count from those I think you told me that.
Speaker 5: Uh, biz Marquis, what's the song?
Speaker 3: You got what I need? But she says I'm just a friend?
Speaker 5: Oh baby you biz Marquis never planned to sing the chorus of just a Friend.
Speaker 3: He couldn't hit the notes.
Speaker 5: None of the people he asked to sing showed up in the studio, so he had to do.
Speaker 3: The whole song himself. That's neat.
Speaker 6: It worked out pretty good.
Speaker 9: It's the fuck that's.
Speaker 18: To the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, It's the fuck that's to the day. Okay.
Speaker 5: Tickets to see the Pixies and Spoon September sixth.
Speaker 3: White Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 5: You what travels at ten feet per second, which has been clocked at right around seven miles an hour.
Speaker 8: The show is so silly. Now your draft ball?
Speaker 5: Yeah no, yeah, seven one three, two one two five fives.
Speaker 3: Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain k.
Speaker 8: What was your score yesterday, Rod.
Speaker 5: I swung one club right handed, not good looking.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 8: I swung once from the toilet.
Speaker 5: I didn't even do the toilet game. I went to the toilet hole. Jessica was over there, but no, I.
Speaker 6: One swing.
Speaker 3: Nobody's got lefty clubs and I.
Speaker 5: Don't bring left DAPs overcome, dude, did you bring clubs?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 5: Wild wild stuff on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 16: How Yes, that's what I was taking care of Actually, yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, he was taking care of it. I'm glad we had the right man on the job.
Speaker 16: What happened, Yes, it was a grind, but we ended the day up pretty well. The Dow was up two thousand and nine hundred and sixty two points kick off this morning at forty thousand and six eight. NASTAC up one thousand, eight hundred and forty seven to seventeen twenty four bench Marting or Treasures trading at a four point three percent in oil since the sixty dollars ninety one cents a burrow to the most actives, the big studs, Navidia, Nike, and Boeing. There were no duds. Everything was green on the Dow yesterday. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer price index for March right now, futures they are on the downside.
Speaker 8: Come on this, turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 16: This is Highland Man as you director with Ramon James put it for the Right Ryne Show from Ramony James on stand, philp Ben Agusta.
Speaker 8: Never forget toys a rock out with their stock out.
Speaker 11: Maman's expressed are those of Hellland and not necessarily those are Ramon James and associates. Income ever nt AS, IBC, IART Radio or A sponsors. Information was based on Star so it's believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to youran. This program is are educational and informational purposes. On masts of it are based on the movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five. Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Alex.
Speaker 3: We're running a little early today, but now Wizard.
Speaker 5: Like normally on these days, we were your golf tournament, you know the golf tournaments you know all day and we could come in the next day.
Speaker 6: We're running behind. Now we're all kinds of time. We can talk about whatever we want.
Speaker 1: It's your fun.
Speaker 3: Roberts, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, brother Ron. How are you this Friday?
Speaker 9: Not bad?
Speaker 5: I'm really not that bad. I behave myself. I mean, don't get me wrong. I partied, but I got to bed at a decent time.
Speaker 3: I drank some waters. I feel pretty great today. Thank you for having a goo.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, brother, you got through on the fun fact flashback. What travels about ten feet per second, which is about seven miles an hour.
Speaker 3: We learned this yesterday, Yes we did.
Speaker 2: That would be a bar a.
Speaker 3: Fart only on this silly show, only on this show. That would be cool?
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: What would be cool.
Speaker 2: If you had a charity bart run and it just goes seven miles and you get you have an hour to finish, You get a shirt at the end if you under it says I'm faster than a fart.
Speaker 3: Do not that would be off. Do not put that kind of dumb, dumb crap in my head.
Speaker 5: Dude, do not put that there, because then it's locked in there forever, and then I'll try to cry.
Speaker 2: I'll work for you. You got a spare time.
Speaker 3: Robert, you're great man.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, you got the tickets to go see the Pick Season Spoon.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you brother, y'all have an awesome day, you too.
Speaker 19: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: Getting ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 14: The rod Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four.
Speaker 5: Five The Buzz ninety four or five buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. That's just the thing I need to do to get Chile kind of motivated and woken up this morning. Yeah, he was already awake, but now now I know he's gonna get those pictures up and he's moving around a little bit more. He loves him some pod. He'll be at Buzzfest. We'll be at Buzzfest. We'll all be there.
Speaker 3: You can be there.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a chance to win some tickets. Shortly after nine o'clock today. Buzzfest is Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 3: Now, what was announced this week was bring on Buzzfest.
Speaker 5: Local bands got a chance to be the opening act up there on the stage with Marilyn Manson and Chavelle and Blue October. And you know, chances are you're gonna bump into somebody backstage.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You gotta be backstage to get ready to be on stage, so you'll be rubbed elbows with all the peeps.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if you uh, you have to submit. It can't be your girlfriend who's like, oh my god, wrap, my boyfriend's.
Speaker 20: Band is so good, you gotta come out and check it. My boyfriend's band is so good. I'm like, are they are they send us their stuff. Yeah, but they have to send in the stuff. We have to send in the live.
Speaker 5: All the information is on the buzz dot com and Chili put up a link to on our page. Sunning today high of eighty seven, low chances of rain alex with Houston's headlines, Well.
Speaker 3: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 7: President Donald Trump announced a ninety day suspension of most newly imposed tariffs yesterday afternoon, reducing the reciprocal tariff rate to ten percent for numerous countries. However, he also increased tariffs on Chinese imports to one hundred and twenty five percent, citing China's lack of respect towards global markets. China did not take the hike in its tariff amount. Quietly, in retaliation, they announced an eighty four percent tariff on US goods. The stock market exploded, though, upward on the news of the pause, with stack having its biggest day in twenty four years.
Speaker 5: And the tech stocks that you know had been getting crushed like there was news that Okay, you want manufacturing here in the States, have fun with your three thousand dollars Apple iPhone.
Speaker 3: Well, puh, that killed the stocky what it was.
Speaker 6: Up twenty six bucks yesterday a share?
Speaker 3: It was just by a by law.
Speaker 8: Kids.
Speaker 6: It's a crazy day on Wall Street. Crazy crazy.
Speaker 7: A significant oil spill occurred on the Keystone Pipeline in southeastern North Dakota, prompting an immediate shutdown and clean up efforts that are still ongoing. The rupture led to an estimated thirty five hundred barrels or one hundred and forty seven thousand gallons of crude oil leaking into an agricultural field. The pipeline, that was constructed in twenty ten, has a history of spills, with nearly one point two million gallons that have leaked from it since mid twenty seventeen. The exact cause of this week's spill is still under investigation. Low pets can be expensive, but a new study found they are more than worth it. Researchers in England looked at how much happier people are when they have a pet and managed to put a dollar a figure on it. Oh really, so they claim that having a dog or cat makes you as happy as you'd be if you earned an extra ninety thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 6: Oh, you don't want bosses to hear this.
Speaker 3: There's dogs. You go ask for a razor, Like, go get a dog. Here's a puppy.
Speaker 6: You'll feel like you got a raise.
Speaker 3: You'll be ninety thousand dollars happier if you go get a dog. If you had to get up voodoo for ninety thousand dollars, would you do it?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 3: That's my thing.
Speaker 7: It's like, I don't know, like ninety thousand dollars there's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: But like if you're like you had to trade your dog for it, I wouldn't do it? No, would Wazy?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No? I know?
Speaker 3: So they Yeah, they also.
Speaker 7: Just remember that, like next time you're buying that that dog food, you're like, how like Wheezy has pancreatitis, So I got to spend one hundred dollars for like next time.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, I would be miserable without this dog.
Speaker 5: O good reminder. I gotta actually vooz out of food. I gotta go pick some head to.
Speaker 8: Work with them.
Speaker 3: Thank you, same that did.
Speaker 7: The study also say that being married can up your happiness by an extra ninety grand a year as well, So.
Speaker 3: Being married happier.
Speaker 7: That's why I feel so happy because I'm married like ninety million dollars. I'm not rich in the bank, but I basically have one hundred and eighty thousand dollars worth of love.
Speaker 6: You know Hitler killed himself, right?
Speaker 3: Do you know Hitler going on? But do you know that Hitler shot himself?
Speaker 8: I do know that.
Speaker 6: Do you know what happened the day before.
Speaker 3: He got married? But he wanted to check that off his list before he got married.
Speaker 6: The day before he blew his face off.
Speaker 7: Justin Bieber confronted the paparazzi yesterday and palm springs. He was headed to a coffee shop with some friends when a photographer told him good morning. He responded, quote, no, not good morning. You already know why are you here, and then went on to tell the paparazzi that's all they cared about was money and not human beings. He then kept repeating the word money over and over and over again.
Speaker 5: I know you rolled your eyes when I sent you a Justin Bieber story this morning, but I like the beabs. He's been in the news a lot and I have avoided it, Like we talk about Britney Spears, like is she okay?
Speaker 3: Is this guy okay?
Speaker 7: I think he's going through some stuff. I mean he said he's he's been dealing with angry issues. I think maybe some other issues.
Speaker 3: As well is what he's also been dealing with.
Speaker 19: He's married now, and I don't know, like I've never I'm not blaming that we're not in that stratosphere where you have paparazzi, but I would imagine that, like, like I don't really get that mad.
Speaker 7: When people lose their mind on paparazzi. It's like, bro, like you killed Princess DI, Like you guys are kind of the worst people. Yeah, So like after like you're not, you're having the worst day and you just walk out and there all in your face, like just leave me alone.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 6: He just looks like he's going through some stuff.
Speaker 7: I think so too, But then when you're going through some stuff and somebody's in your face all the time, I can see how it'd be easier to snap.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we wish the best for the beams Man.
Speaker 7: The Metallica's Kirk Hammett is setting out on a sixth city tour to discuss his new coffee table book, The Collection Colon Kirk Hammett. The series of live events is with the Coincide with Metallica is twenty twenty five seventy two North American tour, including stops in Toronto, Nashville, Columbus, Philadelphia, Tampa, and Denver. Tickets are limited and will be available starting tomorrow at ten am. Kirk's book is a four hundred page hardcover book that's going to offer an in depth look at an extensive guitar collection and Hammett's book tour may not be making a stop in Houston, but the band's m seventy two tour does to play an RG Stadium on June fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 5: There's also information on the music blog page at Metallica. There's a documentary that's going to be shown in the cities where the band is playing. So they say it's a fan focused film highlighting the impact of the band's music it's had on its listeners. So special screenings of the documentary will have to find out where it's going to be. But when they come to town, it's gonna be a documentary in the theater somewhere.
Speaker 3: They're really good about doing stuff like that. They're the best pop ups and all that. Yeah, they're I mean, because they're so huge, but they.
Speaker 6: Still are, for lack of a better term, trying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're still doing things. You know, they never fashion in on what they've already done.
Speaker 6: They've never gotten lazy, just like that.
Speaker 3: Remember they did that contest with the Marching bands. Yeah, that was crazy. They still do cool things, you know. All right, Yeah, yeah, anyways, it's fine. It's early.
Speaker 7: They're a higher end cty two games, guys, we haven't even played that many.
Speaker 3: I think they've played twelve. All right, it's fine.
Speaker 7: Ash was Austin Marigers yesterday, seven to six. There's five and seven on the season and basically five hundred. They're gonna have a day off before opening up a weekend series with the Angels tomorrow night back at home. The Rockets lost to the Clippers last night when thirty one seventeen, they were already locked into the two seed in the Western Conference playoffs, so they sat for their five starters. If you're you got anybody banged up, let's rest them up. Let's get ready to go for the postseason. Let's not risk getting anybody injured. There's no big deal. But if you don't win out right now. Like the Astros, Rockets also have a day off today before playing the Lakers tomorrow night in La. In golf, it's day one of the Masters in Augusta, Georgia. World number one Scottie Scheffler is the favorite to win the event at plus five hundred. First group tease off at six point forty this morning, or they just recently teed off and we got Davis Riley. The only group that's going on right now, Davis Riley at even par is your current leader at a guste. That's what's going on in sporting.
Speaker 5: Okay, hey guys, I need you to step it up just a little bit, just a little bit.
Speaker 8: I need you to step it up.
Speaker 5: I need some word suggestions. We're not playing reading my lips until after eight o'clock. You know, at eight twenty.
Speaker 13: Is the game.
Speaker 6: Tiffany's gonna be coming in taking on Alex.
Speaker 3: So that's fun.
Speaker 5: But I need some more word suggestions. I got a bunch of you got the old standbys, but I need some fresh some fresh words. Speaking of fresh, we got some songs that I don't know that have ever been in Throwback Thursday before. I do think this Pixie song has ever been in before. I like that, and that was the suggestion that we talked about earlier this week. So we're gonna play song clips for you. I'm really excited to play these songs and we'll get you voting too on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 6: That's all coming up.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rocking Alternatives A rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 14: Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz.
Speaker 9: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: We got some stuff to unpack here ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. What is today Thursday? Throwback Thursday. We'll do song clips this hour.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that Hives and Pixies and Jimmy Eat World clips. Get your familiar, you know, get you familiar with the songs. Chili's got them up for you on links and guests. And he just told me.
Speaker 5: Chili confirming we got gold pictures up on links and guests.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I just posted it right now, just some of the good pictures that I could post. I want to see the stuff you can post. I mean, where was I It's meant deleted? Okay, okay, I'm sorry I missed out on those movies. I deleted those pictures quick.
Speaker 5: All right. Chili's got pictures if you want to go, start looking at them on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: We missed the Eli. No video from Eli this this year. Yeah, he was busy.
Speaker 10: Speaking of the golf tournament and yeah, please I did make it to the whole way they got the meatballs.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Yeah, wait a minute, stop. Did you guys both get meatballs yesterday? It's the first golf tournament. I didn't get meatballs. By the time I went over there, they had already packed up spaghetti spaghetti Western.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I missed them. I love those people, and they were like a whole number ten.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right after that, right as soon as you get out of the heel that's where they were.
Speaker 6: I love those guys, man.
Speaker 3: They were good people, man, Meatball, oh God, don't tell me that. And they had some peeps. You'll see it in the pictures.
Speaker 10: I took pictures of them and everything, so you can kind of save by watching the picture.
Speaker 3: I love those guys.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you Spaghetti.
Speaker 3: Western and all the great sponsors. Yes, all right, we just played that Weezer sock.
Speaker 6: Thank you Chili.
Speaker 5: Listen, this is gonna be I think I feel like we're gonna be talking.
Speaker 6: About this all over again.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We're unpacking the number one trend this morning. You'll see Weezer. You'll see Weezer bass player Scott Schriner. You'll see Weezer bass player Scott Schriner's wife, Jillian Schriner. All these words are out there, and they're all trending topics right now. The wife of Weezer bassist Scott Schreiner had a pretty busy day on Tuesday. Okay, she was shot by police and arrested for attempted murder. Sit down, Sit down. It all started, and this is what I know. A hit and run accident in Los Angeles. Three suspects got out of the car fled from the police on foot, ended up in a residential neighborhood. Well, guess who lives in that residential neighborhood, the bass player for Weezer. Cops approached the back of a hall where one of the suspects had been seen running. Enter Gillian Shriner. She gets out of her yard. What's all the commotion out here? She goes outside her house, in the yard of her own home. She's next door to where the ruckuses happening. We're one of the people that's running. She gets out and she goes outside with a handgun.
Speaker 3: What's going on? She's got a handgun?
Speaker 5: Okay, She's like, this doesn't sound good. She grabs a gun, goes outside. Police don't know who she is. And the police look at her and they want with a gun, you see it?
Speaker 3: Drop it?
Speaker 5: She refused numerous times she was asked to drop the gun. Now, according to reports, these are early reports, she pointed it at the officers. Then they shot her in the shoulder. Did she fire at them? All I can go with is what rolling Stone running with. They refer to the confrontation as a shootout. Shots have to be fired on both sides for me to call it a shootout.
Speaker 3: That's yeah. But she did. She apparently pointed the gun at the police. They're like, no, no, don't do that, and they're like, uh ah, we're not having this.
Speaker 5: Boom.
Speaker 6: They hit her in the shoulder.
Speaker 5: Now, the wife of the Weezer bassist, Jillian, goes back in the house. She's in there for a half an hour. Good bullet hole in her shoulder. I don't know if that bullets lodged in the shoulder on what's going on. She comes from the she comes outside a half hour later with a babysitter, surrenders treated at the hospital for her gunshot wound.
Speaker 3: She's okay. She's booked on an attempted murder charge right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just to tie this all up with a bow, Weezer supposed to perform at Coachella this weekend.
Speaker 3: I feel like that might not happen.
Speaker 21: I don't know, ken.
Speaker 5: I mean, if she's fine and they're dealing with this and letting the the process happen, does.
Speaker 3: Weezer have to not play? I don't know. It's Thursday.
Speaker 5: It's Thursday. They're set to perform in two days at Coachella. This is all pretty fresh stuff, right, now that's what we know. It's headlining the music blog page, and uh, there's there's gonna be more on this for sure. Absolutely all right, let me take a break. When we come back, got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending. We'll get song clips ready to go. We'll get some Coheed tickets and some taking back Sunday for that show. We'll hook you up with some of those tickets, and uh, I don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Rock and Alternative The.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody. Thank you.
Speaker 5: You guys are doing a great job. Yet you have stepped it up. I'm going through all of your emails. I got great word suggestions coming in.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play Read my Lips next.
Speaker 5: About an hour from now, we'll be setting up for Reading my Lips and we will know what's the story with Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Listener, Tiffany's coming in to play Alex today. I got a great ticket.
Speaker 5: Coming up for you, though, Sit tight for that sunny Skuy's low chances of rain high of eighty seven.
Speaker 3: I mean, you couldn't have had a pretty day yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, perfect, it might have been one of the most perfect the weather of the year so far. Oh my god, it was so awesome out there. So yeah, a little bit warmer today. Weezer number one Get Everything with Weezer is trending.
Speaker 7: Gallien Shriners, the wife of bassist Scott and Wezer, was arrested and charged with attempted murder yesterday.
Speaker 3: We just talked about it, but that is on the music blog page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just kind of explained the whole situation, what we do know about it, and we're going to find out more.
Speaker 3: Aaron says, clearly she got tired of the homies dissing her. Come on with the jokes.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 3: Instagram Thursday is trending.
Speaker 7: Anastasia k was sent to us by listener Jackson, and a lot of people are checking her out and liking what they see at the world famous rod Ryan shrimpage at the Buzz dot com and then Masters continues to trend this morning. It's day one at Augusta right now. Davis Riley is one under par and he's your current leader at Augusta.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending on ninety by the Buzz.
Speaker 5: All right, tickets, Cohat and Cambria taking back Sunday, September eighth, seven one to three Music Hall. Would you line up some song clips for me? I can do that, all right, we'll do he's working on that. Chili will take your call. We'll get the caller number ten, the tickets, and then I'll do this rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 3: The buzz.
Speaker 5: Alright, here we go ninety four five buzz, wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 3: Throw Back Thursday. I can't wait to play these song clips.
Speaker 5: Get you fired up, fire up the base, you know, those of you that get out there and do some voting for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 6: I think we got a good one today for you.
Speaker 5: Nothing over at ten percent chance of rain, sunny skuys high eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Seven twenty seven.
Speaker 5: If you need me to tell you what time it is, I just did Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Good morning Hello?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 22: Hi?
Speaker 2: Amanda?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi Amanda?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm wonderful?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Your call her?
Speaker 9: Ten?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. We do silly stuff like that. I go to the phones. I tell people to call you call, I go to the phone, I pick up and boom, there you are.
Speaker 5: You just happen to be the tenth person through so Coheat and Cambria taking.
Speaker 3: Back Sunday, September eighth, seven and three Music Hall.
Speaker 5: You now own those tickets, Amanda, Oh my god, Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 11: It is because we're also going on the till Heating Cambria cruise in November.
Speaker 3: You gotta be kidding me. No, I'm not really, Holy cousin, you're like super fan. Yes. Wow, I didn't even know that those guys had a cruise, is it?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 9: It is the third one we went on their last one.
Speaker 3: Two is their cruise or they just associated with another A bunch of bands they put it on and then a whole bunch of bands joined them. Wow, did you know about that? I had no idea.
Speaker 5: I never I mean we I met some people that were on the Creed cruise and I knew that. I knew that was the thing. I didn't know koh Heat had their own thing. That's wild.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, listen it is. We got the right person on the phone here. Congratulations. I'm gonna give you those tickets and then tell the guys we said hi on the cruise.
Speaker 5: All right, Oh, no problem, all right, A man to hang on for me, send me pictures from the Koheen cruise. Where you got old pictures? Send those to me on what's it all about? I've been on a cruise for a long time. My kids been kind of beating me up to go on a cruise.
Speaker 3: Okay, can we do throw it back?
Speaker 2: First thing?
Speaker 5: You can see here, everybody's clicking on that Wheezer story. The music blog page is doing really well today. Nobody ever looks at that thing.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 5: This is a radio station. I put on a music blog page every day. No one clicks on it.
Speaker 3: You just for that fix the gram. It's true, I get it though.
Speaker 5: Only two hundred and twenty five people have voted, and the number one vote getter.
Speaker 23: Is this song right here, boomer Abble Belt, No Gonna Solve and not get burried.
Speaker 16: Chop.
Speaker 3: This is a Jimmy World. I forgot about this song called pain. Remember we saw them a dashboard and they just kicked ass. I do remember that. It's so fun.
Speaker 7: I've seen that I think four times, and they are always an amazing show.
Speaker 5: So Jimmy Eat World is playing with the Offspring and Newfound Glory. So all the bands that were gonna play for you this morning are all coming to town. And that was kind of the theme today. This has got the number one vote. Wow in second place.
Speaker 3: Oh, Alex, this is gonna be a tough one for you. This is why I'm gonna just be happy no matter what.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: This is the Hives. And I hate to say I told you so. There was a time that if you turned on MTV you were getting the Hives and the Vines, the Vines, the Killers, yeah, and the the whatever.
Speaker 7: Some did a whole music video on No the new hot thing is does Yes, Yeah, this is a great song.
Speaker 6: Here's the Hives.
Speaker 9: Because I.
Speaker 3: Sprinkling a little jet in there around that time.
Speaker 6: You know, they were all at the same time. They were all popping.
Speaker 7: Back when MTVS came about, right, Yeah, great music video that's on.
Speaker 3: The voting page. Yeah, this was a good video. It was them playing and then the.
Speaker 5: Lead singer kind of looked beat alesque and his head was cut out and was spinning around and stuff.
Speaker 3: The Strokes also another Strokes that was the other one I was thinking of.
Speaker 5: And finally, yeah, Alex, you were totally on board with me with the Pixies going into throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Now you're tell me you like these others. I mean, we just ad and then we also added other awesome songs. Oh it's hard, guys.
Speaker 5: Black Francis is the singer. This band's out of Boston. You know who is in the band, Kim Dieal who went on to form the Breeders. That's our canniball. She was in the original lineup of the Pixies. Okay, so yeah, they're out of Boston, legendary band. So this song is called here Comes Your Man, same band that did the final song from the movie Fight Club Pixies. Okay, yeah, so yeah, they're just like they're they're a band's band.
Speaker 6: All bands love the Pixie they are.
Speaker 3: Come on, that's Kim Deal singing backups right there.
Speaker 6: That's we're singing.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: Those are your three choices today.
Speaker 3: All these this one maybe the most difficult of the year so far.
Speaker 6: They're all three. All three of those songs are great.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be very pleased with whoever will get.
Speaker 5: In there and cast your vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 6: It's a good one today.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Good Morning America.
Speaker 6: What are they talking about?
Speaker 5: Weezer bass player wife rock is back shooting. Rock Star's wife shot by police and arrested. We've been talking about this all morning long.
Speaker 3: If you, if you go to the Visa blog page, people are actually clicking on the music blog page today.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh that Weezer story.
Speaker 5: It's not a Weezer story, but it is. It's the bass player of Weezer, it's his wife. It's the Weezer story. Weezer's trending. So that's on links and guests this morning. We'll talk more about it. Beautiful day.
Speaker 3: It's seven thirty seven. Chili still by himself for now.
Speaker 5: Well, usually I know he tries to tell the people that are playing read my lips to get in at around seven thirty or so. Okay, in there all by himself, working on he's just big stretch, big stretch. Look at that guy now, a Karen, the world not listening to us, doesn't even have us pulled up in the room, just stretching, surviving.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: We'll check in with Chilli later.
Speaker 6: I guess he's busy stretching.
Speaker 5: So people are now calling this the last straw, the last straw. There's been a lot of weirdness with the self driving taxis California and Arizona. I feel like there's most of the stories are coming out of there, but nothing has been such a threat to America like this. The drive through lines at Chick fil A notoriously pretty long. They're good at it, but they're just people love it. People love Chick fil A. A Monday night, one of those way Mow driverless taxis glitched out caused a major backup.
Speaker 3: At a Chick fil A line in Santa Monica. People said, this is enough. Now you're messing with my Chick fil A. Now you're messing with my fast food. I'm cool and it's just a highway. M hmm Chick fil A.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: No one was hurt.
Speaker 5: The driverless car caused enough commotion that they closed the drive through.
Speaker 6: A walk up window remained open.
Speaker 5: Witnesses hungry people complaining being stuck waiting for over a half an hour. Everyone survived. The world did not end, but witnesses say that the way Mo is what they call these things. It stalled out with its hazard lights on. At one point, it backed up a little, then stopped again, and then backed up and then went like like.
Speaker 6: It was completely glitching out.
Speaker 3: Was anyone inside the car?
Speaker 5: Cannot seem to get an answer on that, so it's unclear if anyone was inside or was.
Speaker 8: This Uh.
Speaker 5: Was this I'm just getting Chick fil A by itself? Was this driverless taxi hungry and just went through Chick fil A? I am assuming somebody was in car, but they're not saying that someone was in the car. Can you send a cab with a will it will it talk?
Speaker 3: Can you take a note on the window and one Chick fil A? Please? This is it the final straw.
Speaker 5: People said, that's enough of these things, now, yeah, just shill it. Messed with their Chick fil A.
Speaker 3: You can take a lot of things, but you can't take people's Chick fil A.
Speaker 5: We doubled the votes for Throwback Thursday. Another two hundred votes came in and no movement at all. Jimmy Eat World in first place. The Hives hate to say I told you so. In second place, I mean Jimmy Eat World by a mile. They have sixty five percent of the vote, the Hives twenty percent of the vote. Pixies in third place with just thirteen percent of the vote. It's the oldest song, but man, it's a great song.
Speaker 13: Though.
Speaker 3: Guys, do what you do?
Speaker 5: You vote, and then Chilly's got I haven't even gone through the pictures yet. Yeah, Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do during the break, after I tell you about the Texas Lottery, then I'm gonna go and look at all the pictures up from the golf tournament. World Famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 9: The Rodryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 5: The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 6: Huge story the other day, Alex was talking about it.
Speaker 3: Bunny XO biggest story there was is.
Speaker 5: Back on the road with her husband, Jelly Roy. Thank god, that was a story that my guy.
Speaker 3: I informed, Man I sent it to him. I might be informed.
Speaker 5: My guy felt on this show he needed to let everyone know that, hey, Bunny is back on the road.
Speaker 3: With with Jelly Row. So great. Thank you for keeping us up on that. It's really good of you.
Speaker 5: Go on here for so the driverless taxi that was going through the Chick fil A in what is it, Santa Monica, California.
Speaker 3: This is the last draw.
Speaker 5: People are like, enoughs enough, you're messing with my food. One of those driverless taxis glitched out in the to go line, and you know those to go lines are already pretty long, so this just made things worse because it's just now everyone's.
Speaker 3: Got to back up. You got to get out of there, and you got to go get this car.
Speaker 5: Becky says, Rod, you can send one of those driverless taxis to pick up food for you and deliver it to your house. I saw the video on TikTok. One was delivering Chick fil A to a home and yes they can talk as well. What a wild time to be alive. She says, you ain't wrong.
Speaker 3: I like it. You ain't wrong on that. All right, let's go.
Speaker 6: We're talking about some other things here, we sure can.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's been a full fifty minutes and the word tariff has not been said on this show. I believe we're supposed to be talking about tariffs every twenty minutes, right, Yeah, no we're not.
Speaker 3: I think not. I feel like you, Bro Brad made me feel that way.
Speaker 5: Bro Brad came out to the golf tournament yesterday. I forgot what just an enormous man he is. I picked him up and then like I was just trying to be cool because he's in such wicked shape.
Speaker 3: But he's huge, right.
Speaker 5: I picked him up, and then I realized, Okay, that's kind of a dumb thing for me to do, and then I was just gonna put him down, but then he proceeded to wrap his legs around me.
Speaker 6: So not only did I pick up ro Brad, but then I was holding him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I just like, oh, this is not good for him. And Hernia.
Speaker 5: Yes, but he was saying, you're killing me with all of this talk, because he's in the financial world, and he's like, you guys are killing me about all this talk about the stock market lately.
Speaker 3: So go ahead, what are Houston's headlines? Well, these are Houston sadlers, not my headlines.
Speaker 7: But President Donald Trump and I was a ninety days suspension of most newly imposed tariffs yesterday afternoon, reducing their reciprocal tariff rate to ten percent for numerous countries. However, he also increased tariffs on Chinese inputs to one hundred and twenty five percent, setting China's lack of respect towards global markets. China did not take that in the tariff amount quietly and retaliation they announced an eighty four percent tariff on US goods.
Speaker 3: The stock market exploded upward on the.
Speaker 7: News of the pause, with Nasdaq having its best day in twenty four years.
Speaker 3: Wild times again, Wild time, so wild.
Speaker 6: Time to be alive?
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 24: The US Postal Service is proposing increasing the costs of a first class forever stamp from seventy three cents to seventy eight cents, beginning on July thirteenth, pending.
Speaker 7: Approval by the Postal Regulatory Commission, the Postal Or. The proposal includes similar price hikes for postcards, metered letters, as well as international mail. The USPS asserts that these increases are necessary to achieve financial stability, continuing a trend of rate hikes in recent years. Since twenty nineteen, stamp prices have risen by forty six percent.
Speaker 3: Do you have stamps in your house right now?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: Or no? We do?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 3: When was the last time you put a stamp on an envelope?
Speaker 8: I will?
Speaker 3: When was the last time you put a stamp on an envelope? Nam?
Speaker 6: It's nam My wife uses she does all that. She's the stamper.
Speaker 3: He's the stamper.
Speaker 5: The chili have stamps yes, Miss Christina has Miss Christina has stamps.
Speaker 6: That's right, you got stamps in your house.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't know. He doesn't know. He's got to watch. He doesn't know. He just I just use email.
Speaker 5: He just knows what time the impanadas hit the table. Yeah, here's stamps in your house.
Speaker 3: I think Christina might have some from her mom or dad. I got stamps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Christmas. I have Christmas stamps too. They come to roll, right, Well, I got.
Speaker 3: A sheet of them. They do come in a roll though, Yeah, some of the ones we have having a roll.
Speaker 5: Okay, the boys got stamps there, you go Okay, Well they're going up, guys, right and go up.
Speaker 7: Yeah. President Donald Trump has indicated that he may play the USPS under the control of the Commerce Department to address the agency's continuous financial losses.
Speaker 3: Happy National Siblings Day.
Speaker 7: Everybody or found that eighty eight percent of people grew up with at least one brother or sister. Thirty three percent of people with siblings think that their mom has a favorite child, compared to only twenty two percent who think their dad does.
Speaker 6: You and Chilly going out to eat today or something?
Speaker 3: Siblings, I mean, you're free for lunch bud. Yeah, he's gonna take me to Ojo's Locos. Oh, yeah, he's a that's our spot.
Speaker 6: He's a fan.
Speaker 5: They got they got a seat for him. He's like Norman cheers. Yeah, he's got his own spot. They played the Lonely Bull when he walks in.
Speaker 18: They do so.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Only thirty percent of people think that they are the favorite child.
Speaker 7: Eight percent of people claimed you have had a serious physical fight with a sibling before, and ten percent Yeah, you had the stabbing of the lunch box and then you get stabbed with a pencil.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I threw my six million dollar man lunchbox at my sister. Believe me, if you ever see my sister here in Houston, ask her about it. She loves talking about that story. I'll forget my sister loves telling that story. When I threw my lunchbox at her, she got six stitches. She still has a scar on her face.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: My scar is from my brother where he took a number two pencil and just stuck it as hard as he could into my thigh.
Speaker 3: Where is his scarfriend? Does he have one? I don't know that I gave him a scar.
Speaker 5: The other probably like a scissors or I probably whipped some scissors at him or something. Well, I threw scissors at him. I was stabbed. Well, you also seem like you might have stabbed it for a scissors interview. I threw something at both of them, but my brother picked up a weapon, a sharp number, two pencils, lead lead pencil, Okay, graphite stuck him.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, the thing went in my leg an inch.
Speaker 7: I will happy National Siblings Day, everybody, Good times, good times. Could Jessica Simpsons snake seemen vocal remedy be a bunch of boloney?
Speaker 10: It is?
Speaker 3: It's a lie. Yeah. One zoologist definitely thinks so.
Speaker 7: It's Jay Brewer from the Roku channel show Reptile Royalty. He says that he highly doubts that it's doing anything for her, and claims that whatever she's drinking may not even contain any sort of snake juice in it, because it's extremely difficult to extract that any significant amount from a snake.
Speaker 3: But jess what is she doing?
Speaker 6: Is she giving snake tuggies and getting the juice?
Speaker 7: Do you think she owns a snake? It's literally like snake oil. It's probably somebody's just like, I don't know. Yeah, I put this stuff in here. This is what's in It's coming from Jessica Simpson. Guys, the Chicken of the Sea. Yeah, she's got a bad track record, so yeah. Jessica still claims that she's going to continue her snake semen remedy, saying it just really clears my throat.
Speaker 3: I'm just a great singer when I have snakes run. Those are her questions.
Speaker 6: She's staying in the new cycle.
Speaker 3: She's happy.
Speaker 7: Jillian Schriner, who's the wife of weezer Basis Scott Schriner, was shot by police in charge with attempted murder following an incident in the Eagle Rock neighborhood of Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Officers were searching for suspects.
Speaker 7: Involved in a nearby hit and run when they encountered Jillian outside of her home, allegedly armed with a handgun. Despite repeated commands to drop the weapon, she reportedly pointed officers, prompting them to open fire and striker in the shoulder. She then retreated into her home, but later emerged with the family's babysitter and surrendered to surrendered to authorities. Gillian was treated for ninth non life threatening injuries and booked for attempted murderer or attempted murder excuse me. Police did confirm that she was not connected to the initial hit and run incident.
Speaker 3: Those are Euston's headlines. Yeah, there's that.
Speaker 20: That's all right.
Speaker 3: So the Astros didn't get it done yesterday that game long seas, it's a busy day.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, they were probably concerned with like all their stocks were doing so well that they were probably focused.
Speaker 7: On a historically as a big stock guy. Astros did follow the Mariners seven to six. They're now five and seven on the season. They'll have a day off before opening up a weekend series.
Speaker 3: With the Angels tomorrow night back at home.
Speaker 7: In basketball, the Rockets lost to the Clippers last night when thirty one seventeen. They were already locked into the two seed in the Western Conference playoffs, so they sat for the five starters.
Speaker 3: They wanted to not risk any further injuries with anybody.
Speaker 7: Like the Ashros, the Rackets also have a day off today before playing the Lakers tomorrow night out in La. In golf, it's day one of the Masters in Augusta, Georgia, world number one Scotti. Schffler is the favorite to win the event at plus five hundred odds. The first group has already teed off, and currently we've got five guys tied at.
Speaker 3: One unbar as your leaders added Gus to that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am.
Speaker 3: The bus, ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 5: It's Lincoln Park and somewhere i'd be long. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm making my last minute preparations here.
Speaker 5: I'm going through all the words that you guys have been sending in and uh, Alex is going to be taking on Tiffany.
Speaker 21: Oh, she's here all ride Hi.
Speaker 3: Someone's in the room. Someone's in the room with Chili. Is that Tiffany Chili?
Speaker 25: It's me?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 25: I'm doing great?
Speaker 3: How are you doing? Rod? So great? How are you feeling? You sound like you got a lot of energy here. Are you nervous?
Speaker 21: Are you excited?
Speaker 6: What are you feeling?
Speaker 9: I'm nervous.
Speaker 25: I was hoping that Alex was gonna be a little hungover, but I understood he behaved himself.
Speaker 3: So I'm a little dumned. He's downplaying his hungoverness. He's down now, I drank waters yesterday. I mixed in water. Okay, I had to take care of a kid, so I couldn't be drunk the same. I had to do that as well.
Speaker 5: So but I did get stuck at your dumb hole and all your little gravy ladle ladlers.
Speaker 3: It was pretty fun, wasn't It was fun?
Speaker 6: But I did have to drink out of an eagle, a bald eagle.
Speaker 3: That was adam. It was a bald eagle like.
Speaker 6: A funnel situation, like a beer bong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I had to do that. I had to do that.
Speaker 7: Named Gizmo I used to get one of them was named after the big beer eagles.
Speaker 3: All right, Tiffany, can't wait to getind out more about you.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have you in in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, sounds good.
Speaker 6: All right, clean up, there's chicks, Clean up now.
Speaker 5: I just got an email. Uh slat Zone. Splat zone was out there. I don't know if you got a chance to see them. Had a blast yesterday at the golf tournament. Looking forward to the next event, so hopefully they're gonna come out.
Speaker 6: That's from a viv vv trend.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I did stop by Splat. It's an indoor paintball, Alex. I ain't get a chance to make it out that way.
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna ask you something.
Speaker 5: Did you see There was a movie Christopher Walkin. It's a movie called Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead.
Speaker 3: No, never heard of that, Never heard of it.
Speaker 5: It's pretty good. It's Christopher Walkin in the movie. You'd know it if you saw it.
Speaker 3: I think it was called I think he ordered a buckwheat. He ordered a buckwheat killing.
Speaker 5: That is where where you are executed with a bullet in your rectum, and it's a very slow and painful death.
Speaker 3: And I think it comes from the mob world. Okay, fine, So Christopher.
Speaker 5: Walkin in the movie Things to Do in Denver, he orders a buckwheat kill on somebody in the movie, and then they show the person just they don't, they don't show it happening, but then they show the person suffering, and you know what they did because they kind of tell you.
Speaker 3: They tell you what it is.
Speaker 5: Now, why am I talking about this old movie Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead. Splat zone. I'm over there and they've got the guns and stuff like that, and you know the paintball guns, but they're I think.
Speaker 3: They're like little water pellets. Maybe yourself, don't little pellets. I don't know what it is. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: We're over there and I'm thanking them for coming out.
Speaker 5: My friend Hustle takes one of the guns, puts it in my buttthole and empties the clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah he can't. You can't really trust him, Like what, hey did he? What's going on here?
Speaker 5: Empties the clip ordered a buckwheat on me yesterday. He can't be around them. The Hustle can't be If Splat's coming one or the other, they both can't be in the same golf tournament anymore.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, that was interesting.
Speaker 3: That was That was my afternoon. How was your I that meatball?
Speaker 6: I missed the meatball.
Speaker 5: I saw Chili's got pictures up from the golf tournament and uh and I see my my favorite couple, the husband and wife they owned the spaghetti Western.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how do you guys work together in a restaurant setting? And it's just it's unbelievable how they pulled that off.
Speaker 5: By the time I made it over there, they had already left so mad that I didn't get a meatball yesterday.
Speaker 3: Addy Western, I'm coming to see you. We're coming to eat there. I'm bringing the cliff. Come on, it's about to read my lips. Tiffany Alex squaring off against one another.
Speaker 5: We'll find out a little bit more about Tiffany. She sounds super awake. She sounds she sounds way more awake than you.
Speaker 3: Spy didn't get up as early. Friden't get up as early.
Speaker 5: She didn't do I mean she proba didn't have a whole clip of ammunition unloaded on her dash.
Speaker 3: I would bet you didn't. I don't know what Tiffany does.
Speaker 5: But I don't think that happened to anybody but me yesterday. We'll get her in here, we'll get set up for the game. Any last minute words emailed me Rod at the Buzz dot.
Speaker 15: Com, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: All right, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's show on this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 6: Just talking to Tiffany over here. High Tiffany, good morning, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning to you.
Speaker 3: And what did I tell you?
Speaker 6: I said?
Speaker 5: I'm going through all the words that people sent in all morning long, and I'm trying to figure out what words Alex isn't gonna yell at me over right?
Speaker 3: Did I tell you now about all of them? And She's like, I kind of want him to yell at you today.
Speaker 5: I want him to not know the words, because if Alex is yelling at me, that means that those words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, So we got to get into all of this. Okay, read my lips is coming up.
Speaker 5: We got studdy skies today. Low chances of rain, high of eighty seven. It's eight twenty one right now.
Speaker 3: Weezer trending Jillian Schreiner. Yeah, she is continuing to trend.
Speaker 7: The Weezer bassist wife was arrested in charge with attempted murders. Wow, we have all of that info on the music blog page today and people are finally checking out to.
Speaker 3: Music blog page. So that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually getting some hits. Yeah, okay, so that everything Weezer. The question is they're playing Coachella this weekend or are there somebody said bring back Matt Sharp remember him?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are your friends with Pete?
Speaker 4: He had?
Speaker 6: He quit and started his own baby.
Speaker 3: So they said, well, maybe get the old bass player I don't know. I know it's possible.
Speaker 6: What else is trending?
Speaker 3: Tariff pause is trending.
Speaker 7: People are talking about Trump's pausing of the tariff City and forced. I think it's a tariff started at midnight yesterday and he paused most of them, but then he raised them on China.
Speaker 3: So that's what people are talking about. And then in Instagram, Thursday continues to trend.
Speaker 7: Anastagia k was sent to us by listener Jackson and a lot of people are checking her out at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: That's just trending on night.
Speaker 5: But by the Buzz people checking Tiffany out right now. Yeah, you know, we're on Facebook Live and the YouTube. Yeah, she's not shying all the YouTube.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, tiffany where are you from? Full shirt?
Speaker 5: And we were asking you about your job, which is fascinating. You're is it a stenographer? You're in the courtroom. You got the headphones on, so you already she's already a headphone.
Speaker 3: Gal, you mentally typing whatever Rod's saying right now at.
Speaker 6: And you're typing everything that's being said in the courtroom.
Speaker 5: Yes, dude, Obviously people talk at different rates and speeds.
Speaker 25: Absolutely, especially when they're nervous.
Speaker 5: And is it awful when somebody's just going super fast? Does anybody ever talk too fast that you cannot keep up?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah, and we'll just ask them to please slow down.
Speaker 25: Yeah, because in Texas we speak a lot faster than other places to be in with. But then you get nervous or you're reading from a document, and yeah, please slow down.
Speaker 3: What is that machine called? Because you don't have a quirty keyboard either, do you know it's there's a couple of different one mine is. It's just a stenograph machine.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm fascinated by all of this.
Speaker 9: Really are.
Speaker 25: And then my everything that I'm doing on my computer are on my machine will go straight up to my judge and she has an in front of her.
Speaker 3: She needs to roll on an objection.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm rooting for you, Thank you. I'm rooting for you, so chilly. This is when you brought us. Yeah, Tiffany versus Alex.
Speaker 8: I'm got her, buddy.
Speaker 3: I've got tickets to go see the Hives, who are doing pretty well.
Speaker 5: In the voting right now. Hives are in there for Throwback Thursday. I've got a pair of tickets, but I will also just in case you don't win, Just in case you don't Jonathan, Jonathan, good morning. Hello Jonathan, Oh Jonathan, Jonathan, Oh, No, here he is hi Jonathan, Hello, Jonathan, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, how you know my name? Don't worry about it? Okay, don't worry about how I know stuff? Did I get it right?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 3: Jonathan?
Speaker 5: Okay, now, if Tiffany crumbles on the air, I'll give you the tickets. Okay, okay, all right, you stay right there, Jonathan, Sir, sir, that is your name.
Speaker 6: All right, get your mind right. You got three minutes.
Speaker 5: If you gotta go whiz, if you gotta get some coffee, whatever, you got three minutes Read my lips after this The Rod Ryan Show on NINUS Radio Service ninety four or five, The Boss, Pat Almonds and Just Pretend Good Morning, Brought Ryan Show, throw.
Speaker 3: Back Thursday, Fix the Gram Thursday, and.
Speaker 5: Of course the day we play Read my Lips. We got Tiffany in the studio with us from full Short Tiffany, Yes, sir, you practiced?
Speaker 6: I did with how did you practice?
Speaker 25: I did a couple of different things so I would watch you on. I did a couple of like the old live stuff that you used to do with Tessa, and okay, when I could, because, like I said, sometimes you were turned around. So I just had to listen to the music.
Speaker 3: And then I just mused the sound and more.
Speaker 5: Oh, you were actually trying to read my lips on the YouTube videos.
Speaker 6: Interesting. Okay, did you listen to that silly song?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely absolutely. I'm going to go to church and pray after this.
Speaker 6: Now you want to go first or second?
Speaker 22: Second?
Speaker 3: Please? You want to watch how it goes down. I want to watch how it goes down.
Speaker 5: El She wants you to go first. Yeah, that's a ball that's a ballsy move. Meanwhile, Jonathan's on the phone wondering how I knew his name.
Speaker 3: Jonathan, you're still there, Yes, sir, Okay, don't worry about how I know your name. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 12: You're good.
Speaker 8: I am good.
Speaker 6: Don't ever forget that, Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Now we'll see.
Speaker 5: If Tiffany's not good, you're gonna get the tickets to the Hives. If Tiffany is good, which we think she's going to be great, she's going to the Hives. But I got you as a backup, I got Alex right now he's going to be swapping out headphones.
Speaker 3: Okay, now this is now.
Speaker 6: I have the words.
Speaker 3: I'm just shuffling. I don't care who gets what right. Okay, he thinks I got it out for him. He's like always bitching about these words. I did turn in some words for him. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, she oh she sent me the email yesterday. That was funny. I I just so I didn't listen.
Speaker 5: He's an animal. I didn't want any conflict of interest. I appreciate sending those words.
Speaker 3: I might use them.
Speaker 6: I might use them next week.
Speaker 3: Though they were good. Okay, they were good. You know he won't say I'm but okay, shuffling, okay.
Speaker 6: I don't care who gets well worre right?
Speaker 25: Right?
Speaker 8: All right, here we go.
Speaker 21: You look serious though, yes.
Speaker 3: He does, and I don't like it.
Speaker 6: And always be more hungover, always with a girl in the studio.
Speaker 3: It's all balls and stuff.
Speaker 8: Come on, clean it up?
Speaker 3: Said you got kids, right? Are they listening too?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 25: Of course, well right, they better be in school, but they will be listening absolutely.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're gonna hear this, all right. Dallas Daniel sent this word in twenty seconds on the clock. S all right, and then I'm gonna ask you. When I say thumbs up, you tell me thumbs up, and then you know, then you start guessing.
Speaker 3: Here we go, thumbs up, thumbs out, Here we go.
Speaker 22: Slimy oyster, slimy whisker, slimy oyster, slimy oyster.
Speaker 25: Oh, I told him I made notes. That's my first one.
Speaker 3: Oysters. Tarnt you wrote down oyster as a note. Yes, it's my very first one. Oyster.
Speaker 6: You thought I was.
Speaker 3: Gonna say oyster.
Speaker 6: We were talking about oyster.
Speaker 5: She did show prip Holy cow, Okay, I don't we want to see what's on that list the dumb things that were said on this show this week.
Speaker 3: I was pretty offensive.
Speaker 25: I was like, oh, I gotta close out.
Speaker 3: So ob see that?
Speaker 8: Oh boy, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: H Kellen sent this one in Kellen, thank you, twenty seconds on the clock. Thumbs up.
Speaker 22: Sneaky pickle? What sneaky pickle? Some sneaky pickle? Leaky pickle, sneaky sticky pickle, sneaky pickle, sneaky pickle?
Speaker 16: Much?
Speaker 3: How much? Okay, sneaky pickle? Did you did you have that written down? Did I have pickle, pickle, sneaky. I don't know what they came from.
Speaker 5: All Right, it doesn't have to be said on the show for it to be word a word that's used.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I've said some dumb things this week.
Speaker 6: I don't know that I said sneaky pickle?
Speaker 3: Did I say sneaky pickle?
Speaker 5: We should have you like typing out the show every day, like, Okay, we're waiting for Tiffany's transcript. We'll figure this out if that was said or not.
Speaker 3: Do you read that back to us? Yeah, it'd be awesome to get a full transcript. All right, Kathy sent this one in this I did say something about this on the air. I'm not I feel shame. I feel shame.
Speaker 6: Tiffany thumbs up.
Speaker 22: Yeap Bean tug a bean tug, big star Bean, pink Bean Tug.
Speaker 3: I don't know, bean, pitt tug, Bean Tug, I don't know. Bean. I'm not proud.
Speaker 5: They're talking about Jack Black becoming the world's sexiest.
Speaker 3: Man, and I said, is anybody tugging their being in there? Anybody tugging their bean to Jack Black? Bean tug It's not going to get that one number number one submitted word today space tuggies, tuggy space that that report. Yeah, they like the NASA person said they have sex in space.
Speaker 5: All right, Tiffany, we're gonna have to put in those other headphones. I'm gonna give you three words. You can screw up on one of them and force an overtime.
Speaker 3: Okay, do do do.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay. She just had the shock of that.
Speaker 5: Song Alex Oh yeah, boom boom boom boom. So she's now listening to that silly Mastadon song. It's super loud in her ears. She can no longer hear me. She's a court stenographer. Does she know how to read lips?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 3: I mean she's.
Speaker 18: All right.
Speaker 6: Well, she's got to get two to tie.
Speaker 5: I feel great about twenty seconds on the clock this rock. Chris D sent this one in thumbs up.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm yelling.
Speaker 25: Am I yelling?
Speaker 3: No? You sound great? Thumbs up? Okay, nobody yelled more than who dinah damn?
Speaker 6: She was loud?
Speaker 13: What what?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Thumbs up?
Speaker 13: Here we go?
Speaker 26: Ball washer ballwater ball, washer ball, waiter ball, washer ballwater bad water ball, mall ball, washer ball, washer water waister ball, waister ball, washer, ball.
Speaker 3: Watched ball washer.
Speaker 7: You wasn't.
Speaker 3: Ball washer.
Speaker 1: So mad, so mad?
Speaker 6: She was so close.
Speaker 25: Okay, okay, okay, two more, two more, I gotta do this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Oh God, I told her, I said, every time a girl comes into play, it's all dolls.
Speaker 3: It's all dolls. Alr heather and it's heather too.
Speaker 18: Girl.
Speaker 3: All right, thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 6: Here we go needs this to stay in the game.
Speaker 3: Wiener Sprinkle Winter Sprinter, Weener Wiener Sprinter, Wiener.
Speaker 27: Sprinter, Wiener Sprinkle winners, Wiener Sprinter, Wiener Sprinkle, Wiener Sprinter, Wiener Sprinkle Sprinkler winners were Sprinklaer, Wiener Sprinkle, Wiener Sprinklaire.
Speaker 3: She said, Wiener Sprinkler. Yeah, sprinkle, she got it. That's up to that's up to. I'll give you that, Alex. She didn't say that.
Speaker 6: You were so close.
Speaker 5: The closest you got was saying Wiener Sprinkler, Wiener sprinkle, O Wiener sprinkle.
Speaker 3: Cannot give that to you.
Speaker 5: Jonathan, Yo yo yo, I'm gonna give you tickets to go see the hides.
Speaker 6: She was so close.
Speaker 3: On both words too. Yeah, diaper filler was coming.
Speaker 5: I'm like diaper filler was headed your way, and then the overtime word was going to be Willy whole, Willie whole.
Speaker 3: You guys are so dirty, Tiffany. I've enjoyed having you into that. You did really really, I mean did really good.
Speaker 5: I just sit here and talk to you all night about this the Court cinemography. Jonathan, I'm gonna give you those tickets to go see the Hives. It's September ninth at the House of Blues. The tickets go on sale Friday tomorrow Ticketmaster.
Speaker 3: But you're in okay. Thank you, my fellow goats, oh fellow goat.
Speaker 21: Very good.
Speaker 13: I told you your go to brother.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jonathan, Thank you, Tiffany. Great job today, Great job today, Charlie. We need people to sign up for next week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's up there on the website already.
Speaker 5: All right, all you gotta do is log out of the world famous Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 9: Yes, Lenner.
Speaker 5: Ninety four or five the Buzz. Well, I think we all agree. Tiffany was very very cool.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: She did a great She did a great job here. She was so close on that word. Damn it, I thought she had it. She said her phone was blowing up afterwards.
Speaker 6: Very fun.
Speaker 3: It's been, really, it's been so much fun happening you guys in. I haven't talked at all about this on the air, and I'm just gonna leave it. I'm just gonna drop this year because I'm still not I'm not in control yet.
Speaker 5: An offer letter has been put in someone's hand for a job here. An offer letter is in someone's hand right now.
Speaker 6: As we speak.
Speaker 8: So that's it.
Speaker 3: I get emails every day, dude, are you getting.
Speaker 1: A co host?
Speaker 3: Are you guys doing anything? What's going on over there?
Speaker 5: And we just haven't talked about it at all, because, to be honest with you, are just kind of going through the daily and we're doing great, you know what I mean, Alex Jilli, everybody stepped up and doing a great job. But somebody has an offer in their hand, and I'll just leave it at that. But man, this has been fun.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 5: Having the listeners come in and play has been so awesome. And it's like, I'm not I don't know that I'm ready to kiss that goodbye. I don't know, but of course this new person's gonna have to play the game, and I don't know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: It's been really fun though. It's been so great. You guys are so awesome when I when I use the hashtag and very good at meeting lips.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I use the hashtag best listeners in the world, Man, I believe me.
Speaker 6: I mean it when I say it. Thank you, Tiffany, you were great today.
Speaker 5: We'll get somebody in next week too, Chili said. He leaves that link up on links and guests, so we'll have another one of you come in and you'll be playing Chile next week.
Speaker 15: Houston's Alternative and tell him at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 5: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, It's Green Day, an American idiot.
Speaker 6: I feel like you've be talking about green Day every day in the Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: And you've got a couple of music stories this week about Green Day. There's a new book out, several other people are coming forward. There's a new book out about Lollapalooza. One of your stories this week was Billy Joe Armstrong was upset with the creator and founder of Lollapalooza, Perry Ferrell from Jaine's Addiction, who kind of thought they were a boy band before he really understood what was going on with Green Day Billy Joe's never forgotten that, is it?
Speaker 3: Wayne Cohen? Is he the guy that's from a Flaming Lips coin Queen con He's now saying that he had a problem back in the day with Perry Ferrell. I mean, you know, Perry put on this festival, gave a lot of bands, you know, a big shot at being out on tour, on a big, big tour. I'm sure there was.
Speaker 5: Some feathers ruffled here. Yeah, I do want to read that book. There's that book, and then you said you ordered the Mark Coppas book. Yes, the Blank Win eighty two.
Speaker 3: Marc Coppas has a.
Speaker 5: Book, So yeah, I forgot to write it that. I'm gonna go look it up. I forgot to go write down the name of that Lollapalooza book. But I want to get my hands on that less than a ten percent chance of today, guys, I'm not going to talk about it anymore. Sunny Sky's high of eighty seven one final time, Alex Houston's headlines Please good morning everyone.
Speaker 7: President Donald Trump announced a ninety day suspension of most newly imposed tariffs yesterday after him producing a reciprocal tariff rate to ten percent for numerous countries. However, he also increased tariffs on Chinese imports to one hundred and twenty five percent, citing China's lack of respect towards global markets. China didn't take the hint or the hike and it's tariffs quietly, though. In retaliation, they announced an eighty four percent tariff on US goods.
Speaker 3: The stock market exploded.
Speaker 7: Upward on the news of the pause, with Nasdaq having its biggest day in twenty four years.
Speaker 3: Well just hold on to your seat there, bukaroo.
Speaker 5: The Dow is down eight hundred points, the Nasdaq is down five hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 3: It's wild. It's wild him roller coaster volatile.
Speaker 6: I think they call that.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 7: A significant oil spill occurred on the Keystone Pipeline in North Dakota, prompting an immediate shutdown clean up efforts that are still ongoing. The rupture led to an estimated thirty five hundred barrels or one hundred and forty seven thousand gallons of crude oil leaking into an agricultural field. The pipeline that was constructed in twenty ten has a history of spills, with nearly one point two million gallons that have leaked from it since twenty seventeen. The exact cause of this week's spill is still under investigation. Pets can be expensive, but a new study found that they are more than worth it. Researchers in England looked at how much happier people are when they have a pet, and they managed to put a dollar figure on it.
Speaker 3: They claim that having a dog or a cat makes you.
Speaker 7: As happy as you'd be if you earned an extra ninety thousand dollars. So the next time you're spending your hard earned cash on dog food, just remember that you'd be miserable without them, and think of ninety thousand dollars that you're as happy about. I think some people might disagree with this study, but I'm not trading my dog.
Speaker 5: I'm just wondering if places are going to start giving out dogs instead of raises.
Speaker 3: Yes, anything but money is probably what they will do.
Speaker 5: I would imagine it's like, hey, we got a great deal at the ASPCA. We got free dogs for everybody. Nobody's getting raised, but we got free dogs for everyone.
Speaker 7: The same people that did this study also did say that being married can up your happiness by an extra ninety grand a year as well.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, maybe take it with a grand assault. Oh, every time I tell that Hitler story, I get people mad about it. It's not a lie. It's a factually accurate thing.
Speaker 5: I retold the Hitler story that was on a fun fact years ago. Hitler shot himself in the head. He killed himself. The day before that, he got married for the first time.
Speaker 7: She had been nagging him for a while and he was like, all right, fine, I'll get married. Some people don't like that story, It doesn't mean it didn't happen. It because you don't like it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: It's history.
Speaker 5: It's factual history. Yes, all right, what's going on with the Bieber here?
Speaker 7: Beeb's Justin Bieber confronted the paparazza yesterday and paul In Springs. He was heading to a coffee shop with some friends when a photographer said good morning to him.
Speaker 3: Bieber then responded, quote, no, not good morning. You already know why are you here.
Speaker 7: He then went on to tell the paparazzi that all they care about is money and not human beings, and then he repeated the word money over and over and over again. He's reportedly been dealing with anger issues as well.
Speaker 3: As some other things. I would imagine him and Brittany.
Speaker 6: I think they need to be checked on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I mean it's good to We haven't talked about Britney Spears in a while.
Speaker 5: It was this week the days kind of run together. I did put up a Britney video and I'm just like, just check it in on Brittany. Here's another normal video that you guys think she's fine And it was just the craziest thing that.
Speaker 6: She posted on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Hey but we freed her though, you know.
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 3: Thank god, Yeah, thank god she's free.
Speaker 7: Metallica's Kirk Hammett is setting out on a six city tour to discuss his new coffee table book, The Collection Kirk Hammett is the name of the book, and then a series of live events scheduled to coincide with Metallica's twenty twenty five seventy two North American tour, including stops in Toronto, Now, Nashville, Columbus, Philadelphia, Tampa, and Denver. Tickets are limited and will be available starting tomorrow at ten am.
Speaker 3: Kirk's book is.
Speaker 7: A four hundred page hardcover book that offers an in depth look at his extensive guitar collection.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think this book. I don't think it's going to be like a juicy Metallica book. You have to be out of Metallica to put on a juicy book like that. He doesn't want to rock the boat.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a.
Speaker 7: Coffee table book though, like you don't read yeah, crazy stuff. Like the best coffee table book though, is Kramer's from Seinfeld. You could also turn into a coffee table That's right. Hamlett's book tour may not be coming through Houston, but the band's m seventy two tour does make a stop in h Town on June fourteenth, where they're playing in RG Stadium.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Okay, that song just went away on its own.
Speaker 3: Sorry, love that?
Speaker 2: Love that? All?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Can you do sports?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 7: Play? Can thanks the Astros fella the Mariners yesterday.
Speaker 3: Seven to six.
Speaker 7: They're gonna have a day off where they open up a weekend series with the Angels tomorrow night. In basketball, Rockets lost to the Clippers last night one thirty four to one seventeen.
Speaker 3: They were already locked in.
Speaker 7: They've already locked into the two seeds, so they rested for their five starters. Like the Astras, the Rockets also have a day off today. They're gonna play the Lakers tomorrow night out in LA in golf.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, go for it.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Day one of the Masters in Augusta, Georgia. World number one Scotti Scheffer is the favorite to win the event at plus five hundred. The leaders right now, we got five people tied at two under par Zach Johnson, Chris Kirk, Noah Kent, and Aaron Raye are all your co leaders at Augussa. That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Houston.
Speaker 9: And the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: All the buzz, The buzz stayed right here.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 21: Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll go take a look. Well I did take a look. I did already take a look, so I know he exactly what you're doing over there. I know what you're doing at all times right.
Speaker 18: Now on.
Speaker 5: Throwback Thursdays, over fifteen hundred votes, six percent of you say the Pixies is what you want to hear.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 6: You have to listen to that on your own. I think you're gonna turn around.
Speaker 5: This is I think it's impossible for that song that jump up to first place. Sixteen percent of you say to hives, hate to say I told you so. Those are the two songs Alex that we highlighted specifically this week that we said, hey, let's get.
Speaker 3: With Wizard and put those songs in there. No one cares, No one cares. Yeah, John, I think that dig Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are they?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Dude?
Speaker 1: Are they.
Speaker 3: That song Pain Jimmy Eat. World.
Speaker 5: Pain's got seventy seven percent of the vote. Seventy seven percent of your over fifteen hundred votes.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll find out. We'll gotta run this.
Speaker 5: Until nine point thirty winning song will be played. I'm gonna leave you today with Offspring, Jimmy Eat. World, Newfound Glory tickets.
Speaker 28: Now, what band are you most excited about out of that trio? Jimmy World over the Offspring. Yeah, not like, dude, I don't have anything against off Spring. I love Offspring, Dude. I stood next to you, I know I like Jimmy Will just as mine.
Speaker 3: And I'm pretty sure you blew an oyster in your pants.
Speaker 5: Singing every word of every song of the ring and you're telling me that Jimmy World is It's like.
Speaker 7: If you your two bands like that together. That's that's how excited I am.
Speaker 3: Which which one of the three is your oyster shooter Jimmy E World.
Speaker 7: I'm probably still offspring, but like the World, I'm very excited about.
Speaker 6: All Right, Well, they're gonna win. They're gonna win.
Speaker 3: Throwback Thursday here, it's gonna happen. Nine winning song will be played.
Speaker 5: You know what, I asked our early, super early late night audience on our Facebook page this morning, what what is the one type that.
Speaker 3: You would never date again?
Speaker 16: Did you like?
Speaker 3: Is there a type that you said?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 5: A lot of you are just saying, listen, I gave up on dating ten years ago, Rob, I'm destined to be alone. It's a good thing to put up on our Facebook page because like, somebody might look, somebody might take that bait. Aaron says, typo negative. He doesn't take those types anymore. He's being funny. You know, people mention, you know, negativity was Negativity was something that came up over and over.
Speaker 8: And over again.
Speaker 5: So all I asked on Facebook, what's the one type that you would never date again? People that talk about the problems, people that are perpetually miserable.
Speaker 3: That was coming up over and over.
Speaker 7: People you're dating them, you will probably hear their problems, but you know that's a part of a relationship, you know.
Speaker 3: People that just have a dark cloud over them. Yeah, and they're just not bright people.
Speaker 5: I don't mean I don't and I don't mean bright as in, they're not smart, they're not bright, they're not shiny, they're they're dark. And it's just like morose. I think it's the word. And people don't want they're like, I'm done dating that type. People that are just constantly complaining all the time, People that are emotionally unavailable.
Speaker 3: Was brought up.
Speaker 6: They're not people aren't dating that type anymore?
Speaker 3: Uh, woe is me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, One guy wrote, people who use the term i'm a free spirit, I'm out. I think your intentions are good when you write down I'm a free spirit, but then all.
Speaker 3: Of a sudden, I don't though. I think that you just don't have any answer.
Speaker 9: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a free spirit doesn't mean anything. Really, are you wearing shoes? When you're being a free spirit, or you do you have like Dave Matthew's feet when you're a free spirit.
Speaker 7: See, I don't know, I think because I think people just think it seems like whimsical, but it's like you're just that's a very generic thing to say because a lot of people say it.
Speaker 6: Does a free spirit have a checking account?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does a free have a job?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Sometimes this guy said he's done. I thought it was very funny that he's like, I'm out, I'm the free spirit.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 6: I'm not dating them anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my only one would like I mean, not that I date anymore, but like, just like my old biggest turn off is just like people that were constantly like I'm obsessed with sports. I get that I have a problem, but like politics, if it was the equivalent of that, like people that are always talking politics.
Speaker 3: I was mentioned like that's that was a big note no to me.
Speaker 5: Yep, unmotivated people. What's the one type that you would never date again? Oh, people that are secretly married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's probably a big red flag.
Speaker 18: Ouch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to do that. And then I'm sorry guys. Jim Brows mentioned Jim Bros. You know, I think that just goes to anybody that's like super.
Speaker 6: Into something could be politics.
Speaker 5: If all you do is work out, and if all you do is just fitness, fitness, fitness, and you're going to be a you're going to police every bite and every crumb.
Speaker 3: I can't be around that either unless.
Speaker 7: Yeah, unless you are also that, unless you're all yeah, yeah, yeah, then it may not make you as compatible. Hey no, I wanted a burger. Well, we can't because I have to do this and I have to have this out there in my protein.
Speaker 5: Powdern Sorry, Jim Bros. You were mentioned there's somebody out there that's what they're talking about on.
Speaker 6: Our Facebook page.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll bump that up to the top so everybody can get in on that discussion. If you want some Buzzfest tickets, you want to join us on Saturday, May twenty four thought at the Woodlands. Now, I've got the tickets for you, and I have to mention that we are right now taking applications and videos for local bands. If you want to bring on Buzzfest, all the information is at the buzz dot com. Call me now, call her number ten if you want to go and see the great lineup which is about to be added to with a local band seven one, three, two five.
Speaker 3: Rock and alternative Fever.
Speaker 11: He used to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 5: A ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning rod Ryan's show on the chopping block.
Speaker 5: Right now, our tickets to Buzzfest. Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: What's your what's going.
Speaker 5: On with Buddy?
Speaker 3: Step us up?
Speaker 18: Who's this's Mobby Baby?
Speaker 3: Your color ten?
Speaker 15: Dude?
Speaker 3: Congrats. Yeah, I'm gonna get you some Buzzfest tickets now.
Speaker 5: The only band we don't know about is going to be the local band that's gonna open up this whole thing. But we do know that Eld Marilyn Manson, Blew, October, Pod Evans, Blue Statty, Westward, and Sleep Theory are on the bill, and.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be in the audience.
Speaker 2: I ain't never seen where the match.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I did go see him over the summer, and uh, he's he's at the top of his game right now.
Speaker 6: Dude, you're gonna love it. You're gonna You're all gonna love it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: If you were at the show, you understand, I mean Marilyn Manson was just so great he opened up for five finger death Punch. So all right, Bobby, congratulations, thanks for listening.
Speaker 8: Dude, loikes Sir hang.
Speaker 14: On online, Kid's Alecks Online ninety four five The muzz.
Speaker 7: Okay, dude, today's an Well, it's called name that Beard, and you're gonna be shown just the beards of a bunch of celebrities and try and see how many of them are gonna match there.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's ezy top have the most recognizable beards in the world?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Or no?
Speaker 6: Is there somebody that has a more recognizable beard?
Speaker 3: I would say that's probably up there. David Letterman Man Santa Claus and Letterman. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I might be confused on those two. I don't know which one. They're both pretty snow white.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So you're gonna get it's like a multi multiple choice test that you're gonna take basically, and you're gonna have four people.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to pick whose beard. Who's the guy? Well, he doesn't always have a beard. Sometimes he's standalone mustache guy.
Speaker 5: Is that ken Offferman, you know the Parks and Reck guy, Nick Offerman, nick Offferman?
Speaker 3: See a beard?
Speaker 6: Guy, or is he standalone mustache guys?
Speaker 3: Mustache guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you see him.
Speaker 3: He's in a new movie.
Speaker 6: He's jacked.
Speaker 3: Oh, he got jacked.
Speaker 4: Jacked.
Speaker 6: It's like super workout guy. Yeah, all right, name the beard.
Speaker 3: Name that beard.
Speaker 7: You can play it at the world Finish rod Ryan Show page, at the Buzz dot com, the bus ninety.
Speaker 5: Four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on nine twenty nine.
Speaker 8: We got it.
Speaker 3: I got a stall for sixty seconds. It's not this scot it.
Speaker 6: It's not necessary. It's not necessary.
Speaker 5: But you know, nine thirty is when we say we play the winning song for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: So I'll respect, I'll respect the process.
Speaker 5: Here sunny today, high of eighty seven till he's got a lot of pictures up from the golf tournament.
Speaker 6: We haven't really talked much about the golf tournament today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was all fun. It was really fun. You know some of these things, it's like, Okay, should I rub it into people? Yeah? I should, I should rub it in that. You weren't out there like we were giving it to hell pretty good this morning.
Speaker 5: He he just got caught up in a business thing yesterday, Like hell has a real job. Yeah, he's a financial advisor.
Speaker 3: Still I should that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like settle some estate yesterday. So it was that real adulting going on and we were giving it to him. Good meeting, dude, you missed out on one of the prettiest days and maybe the pretty stay of the year.
Speaker 3: Of all time.
Speaker 5: Even Alex took it further and said it was. Alex said it was the greatest golf tournament of all time.
Speaker 6: He told him that.
Speaker 3: Is there going to be another golf tournament in October?
Speaker 7: I think so?
Speaker 5: I think so if Roger will help us out. Roger it puts this one together. He's been doing it for years, long before I got here. But I've been working with Roger in Texas Adaptive Aquatic since I got off the bus. And what a great tournament yesterday. Chilie's got a bunch of pictures for you. I'm going to go through my pictures. I know we put stuff on Instagram and Twitter. I'll do a photo dump as well. I took some pictures yesterday.
Speaker 8: It was just great.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Rosie for coming out and playing live, all the volunteers, all of the great sponsors, all the whole sponsors. It was a party on the golf course exactly how I explain it, and I usually i'll get.
Speaker 3: One or two like, hey, Rod, you know this nothing nothing. Everybody just had a great time. How could you not? It was fun day like that.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna refresh one final time, go Back Thursday. I appreciate all the votes. I thought it would be fun to put the Pixies in there. We're giving away tickets to the legendary Pixies. Homeroom got them this morning. Spoon's opening up, Here comes your Man. And then Alex jumped in and said, I didn't know that was their song.
Speaker 6: I love that song. We should do there for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 8: No, we shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Ever, it was a good idea. Nobody wanted it.
Speaker 7: If I did, doesn't mean it's gonna win. Good idea likes your ideas. It can be a good idea even if you don't win.
Speaker 5: Eighteen hundred votes, five percent of you said you wanted to hear the Pixies, okay, Alex. Five percent of you, Hey, it was not me. I love the song too. Fourteen percent of you said you wanted to hear the Hives. You and I thought that was a great idea. I also think yeah again, whoops, We'll just let Wizard do this from now on.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 5: Jimmy Eat World the song that Wizard put in there, he's good.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna let us forget that. Jimmy Eat World Pain got eighty percent of the vote today. I'm damn it.
Speaker 6: That's the one he put in there too.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Mom, it's so much Thursday beever the hell that is.
Speaker 14: Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five.
Speaker 18: The buzz out of the boom abble belt. I know you're gonna smile and not get buried. The trap on it shows you many one can make what you have built you got on now then one can fill save my tails.
Speaker 4: It's a bad reps not bringing that bottle man, you have a lie.
Speaker 21: These are time.
Speaker 1: I get that at the bottom man, not fall.
Speaker 3: Away from you.
Speaker 5: Did.
Speaker 18: But it's a fun sense of accomplishments every time I quit.
Speaker 4: And one can see not every black that isn't harm.
Speaker 1: And one can say about that song, it's not it's a mad she's.
Speaker 4: Myself nice, she's not reading problem.
Speaker 14: We have a mind.
Speaker 4: He's all that. I can't bet a problem, man, You tell me.
Speaker 12: It's on.
Speaker 1: Us, not.
Speaker 15: The rod Ryan Show, Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, White Stripes of a Nation, Army, Jimmy Eat World.
Speaker 3: Before that, it was good, it was good. It was really good. It was really good. It was three really really good choices today. The thing but I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I don't know that you fully listening to the radio, fully understand what you have done here. Okay, Alex and I suggested a couple of songs for read my Lips. We made the mistake of leaving one of those options open. Radio Wizard put that third option in there. We did not dictate all three songs, and then you guys chose the song that our boss put in there.
Speaker 6: So you've done us no favors today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's going to mention it. Oh, oh, well, you know you did realize that the song that I suggested.
Speaker 6: You know, I got all the data here.
Speaker 5: I was looking at the data, and you know, I got the graph here and it shows that Jimmy Wolves. All right, that's what you guys have done. That's what that's the hell that you've unleashed on us. Yeah, now, that Wizard song is the one that won today.
Speaker 3: It was so great song.
Speaker 6: It was good, It was good.
Speaker 3: All right, man, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: The look at a Girls blog page is really packed today, just with a lot of there's like stories on there, like there's a new study that says female representation in film has increased in the last decade by how much.
Speaker 3: Well you gotta go look all right, Erica Jane on there. Brandy didn't she go to the prom with uh Kobe Bryan Kobe? I believe so.
Speaker 5: Think they went to the prom with each other back in the day. Brandy was she in the I didn't. I didn't watch any of this. I know what you did last summer stuff.
Speaker 3: I did not either.
Speaker 5: And it's just not a horror guy. Yeah, I'm not a horror guy. But Brandy must have been a part of it, because she's returning to the franchise.
Speaker 3: Finally, do you know who Amy lou Wood is from White Lotus?
Speaker 5: You do know her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's the kind of the chick with the huge teeth. Yes, she's super hot.
Speaker 7: Walton Goggins love interest in the serious. Yeah, my wife and I are gonna binge it this weekend. Okay, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 5: I haven't finished it yet, so I don't know what the endings like. People are bitching about the endings.
Speaker 3: The ending was spoiled, but that's on me.
Speaker 9: You did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not like a headline, so don't tell me. I'm not going to so Amy lou.
Speaker 5: Wood is the chick with the big, huge teeth, the British chick. She's really good in this. I like award winning good. I think she should be up for something. And Walton Goggins, who I love. They don't follow each other on Instagram. This is how Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is the this is the life that people have. Well, you guys are working together. You're both on Instagram and your love interests on the show. Somebody realized that they're not following one another.
Speaker 3: Wow, whoa trouble in paradise.
Speaker 5: It has to be a problem there, right, All right, let's move on to some real things. Offspring, Jimmy Eat World, Newfound Glory. I've got tickets for you. Alex is gonna ask you a question. Know the show coming up?
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am.
Speaker 5: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. All right, we're gonna wrap up this program. Man, Thank you guys for hanging with us. We're I'm done yet. Nine fifty Time for Know the Show, Offspring, Jimmy Eat World, Newfound Glory Woodlands August twenty third.
Speaker 3: I believe the guy that won these yesterday.
Speaker 6: It was his birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, fiftieth birthday, that dude. So I don't know what. Just free yourself up on August twenty third.
Speaker 6: I will.
Speaker 3: I'm free myself up. What's your question? These are great tickets?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: We had Tiffany come in to play the read my Lips game.
Speaker 1: She was great.
Speaker 3: She was awesome.
Speaker 6: I see Chili posted a picture of her. She was so fun.
Speaker 13: She was.
Speaker 3: She's on her Instagra.
Speaker 5: Really great time Instagram at rod Ryan Show. Are you guys following us on Instagram?
Speaker 3: You should be just do it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 22: Well?
Speaker 3: What was Tiffany's job? It's just a really cool job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I had a lot of questions for seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 6: What does Tiffany do for a living?
Speaker 18: Wrong?
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz twenty four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Wrapping up with the Chili Peppers. Well, I hope you uh, I hope you have a good time this morning.
Speaker 5: We turn you loose to the rest of the day throwback Thursday. You guys chose the song that my boss chose.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: I don't think we have a meeting today. I think he's letting us off the hook, unless he's gonna chime in from Dallas.
Speaker 3: Because of the meeting calculator that I had, well this this week. He said, well, actually it's gonna cost us money.
Speaker 8: Maybe.
Speaker 6: I don't know that we have a meeting today. I don't know that for a fact, we might have a meeting today.
Speaker 3: I don't think we do.
Speaker 6: It's sunny, it's nice outside.
Speaker 3: Can we go outside?
Speaker 6: Can we have the meeting outside?
Speaker 3: It's nationalist and she was supposed to do lunch.
Speaker 5: Oh, it is a National Siblings Day today. You're right, all right, let's wrap up.
Speaker 14: The show is now time for you know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: La la la la la, la la la la la.
Speaker 21: Good morning, Good morning, Hello Jamie, Yes, sir Jamie Jamie.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 4: Jay.
Speaker 6: How are you, bro good Man?
Speaker 8: How are you great?
Speaker 3: Alex?
Speaker 6: What's your question for Jamie.
Speaker 7: Jamie, we had listener Tiffany in studio to play the read my Lips game earlier today.
Speaker 3: She had a really cool job.
Speaker 12: What was it, Jesus sonographer?
Speaker 3: She sure was, yep.
Speaker 5: And then you should have seen us interviewing her, like, wait a minute, what's it like, Tom, are your keys you have on your keyboard?
Speaker 6: What is that thing you used?
Speaker 3: It's not a cordy keyboard. It's like she's got to write down every.
Speaker 6: Single thing that said in that damn courtroom.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be nuts.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you win. Congrats.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you the offspring Jimmy World Newfound Glory tickets at the Woodlands Pavilion August twenty third.
Speaker 3: Okay, bro awesome, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you, Jamie. Have a great day, man.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all tee, that's it.
Speaker 3: It's enough, show up fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got enough of myself today.
Speaker 15: That's it.
Speaker 3: Let's just can we get done and just get out of here.
Speaker 6: There's no meeting, I mean, no meeting today.
Speaker 3: Okay, go home.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go to the gym.
Speaker 3: Hang in the gym.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna torture me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna torture myself like working out, Like, okay, you want to drink all day, dummy, you gotta work out now.
Speaker 3: I haven't even drink that much I did. Yeah, yeah, but ubers, ubers back and forth. I don't drive do any of that. I drove to make sure that I wouldn't drink very much.
Speaker 21: Chili.
Speaker 3: You got all those pictures up?
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 5: We got a bunch of pictures up from the golf tournament on LinkedIn guests today.
Speaker 3: People checking those out? That's good, yes, sir? Them mouth and what about Bobby Jokes?
Speaker 10: Where do you send me some pictures? I'm going through them right now. Oh great, okay, and I'm gonna post some of them up.
Speaker 3: No meeting today. He canceled it for sure because he's driving. He's driving back from Dallas. He said, is this a for sure thing?
Speaker 6: Don't get my hopes up there?
Speaker 10: On Tuesday when I saw him on Tuesday, he sent that canceled requests. If you look at his email, he canceled the meeting today. Fan flippantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a day?
Speaker 5: All right, listen, tomorrow we're gonna do this all over again, hopefully better paternity. Paul is gonna go for win number five, all right, and then so that'll be a big moment for him.
Speaker 6: He's only been using two questions.
Speaker 5: It's free beer Friday, and I hate saying this stuff on the air if I'm not sure. I think with all the beer winners, I've been working on trying to get tickets to Love Street Fest to give away with all the beer tomorrow, Love Street Fat is going down on Saturday. So that's that's something that I'm working on. I'm gonna I'm gonna try to close that deal today. So tie that and so beer every hour tomorrow, open phones Friday, Tomorros Friday, right, yes it is. It's Thursday, Tomorros Fridays Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it threw me off, okay, all right?
Speaker 5: And then offspring tickets, Buzzfest tickets, all that stuff, all the Fame game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 6: Did I forget anything?
Speaker 9: Chilly?
Speaker 8: No, you got it? All right?
Speaker 7: New episode of Past Brady up now, Yes, been up a little bit early, but really good, good one.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 6: All right, We're not twenty hour break. Jeremy's gonna take over.
Speaker 5: He's got the NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: Guys, have an awesome day. Try to get outside if you can.
Speaker 21: AMF Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 14: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.