Speaker 1: And this shudder lines.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode five, shadow Lands and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is gonna be super fun.
Speaker 4: It sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website, the.
Speaker 3: Bluey Podcast dot com, our email address blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free for just one dollar a month via Patreon, and a huge, huge, thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are. We can't thank you guys enough for subscribing to us. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching shadow Lands.
Speaker 3: What do we play?
Speaker 2: Shore Legend said, yeah, Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of the episode, Louie, Snickers, and Coco were playing what was the Time? Missus Wolf? Coco was the wolf, and right when they got behind her, she said darenthime, saying she could get them easily. Bluie said a Coco that you always do this and that he changed the rules sydey can make the game easier. So then Snickers suggested that they should play shadow Lands.
Speaker 2: Right, so they're at the park. It looks like and Henry, what is what's the time? Missus Wolf?
Speaker 3: What it is is twere one person is the wolf and everybody else has to listen to a wolf because they'll ask what's the time, and they'll say, for example, say five, so then they'll have to walk five steps closer, and then at one point the wolf will say dinnertime, and then the wolf have to chase them and tag them.
Speaker 2: Right. It's kind of like Simon says, or red light, green light, Yeah, where they get closer and closer and then you try to get them. Blue's saying that Coco always waits until they're all the way up there before she says dinner time, so it's easier for her, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really cool that when Blue tells Coco you always do this, her reaction was that she didn't realize it and she was going to try to do better. She didn't get a defensive and say how dare you or anything like that, which I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. She was being very good about listening to her friend and not just acting like she's being accused of something.
Speaker 2: You know, right, Stella, could you tell us what is shadow Lands?
Speaker 3: Sharland's is a game where you have to stay on the shadows because the sunlight is water where they're a crocodile and they are trying to get from where they are to the picnic blanket where their parents are.
Speaker 2: Right, so the sun shining down on the grass and anywhere a shadow gets cast, they can walk on that. That's what's safe, right, Yeah, that sounds pretty cool, but it sure looks like it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: Blue wanted to make sure she got something out of the way right then.
Speaker 5: He can't just change the rules. It makes it easy this time. Okay, n I want you promise.
Speaker 2: I promise, Amanda. How does the game go for them?
Speaker 4: The game was going pretty good for them. They were all able to jump from shadow to shadow without having any problems. But then they get to a point where Snickers has an issue trying to get from one shadow to the other because of his little legs, and Coco says, well, how about just this one time, we pretend that he has crocodile proof shoes and he can just walk across where it's Sonny and the crocodiles can get him. And then Blue says, see, that's what I was talking about. We can't change the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was exactly what Blue is getting at. And in this case, Coco had the best of intention. She wasn't making it to where she would win. She was just trying to help out Snickers, which I thought was sweet. It was very sweet, Henry, the girls came up with a different plan. What did they end up doing?
Speaker 3: Blue and Coco ran over somewhere, and Blue had Coco get on her shoulders and their shadows made enough land for Snickers to jump onto so he can get across.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his little dog legs were able to get him across there, and he made it. Right after that, they're jumping across the shadows of the cars that are parked up on the street and Blue gets distracted. What does she see?
Speaker 3: She sees a bug that it's like bird poop.
Speaker 2: I love that, That's what she said too. She got so busy looking at it that something bad happened. Estella. What goes on?
Speaker 3: The car that was making the shadow that she was standing in started driving away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Bluie was backing up as fast as she could once she realized what was happening, And when she makes a dive for it and throws herself down, miraculously she's safe. But now she's trapped. Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 4: Well, they're trying to figure out how on earth Bluie is going to get from the land that she's on to the other side, and Coco once again comes up with an idea to maybe, just this time, they could break the rules. So b Louie could get across.
Speaker 3: How about it.
Speaker 5: Just pretending this st it o the crocodile's eyes sleep.
Speaker 4: You can't change your up?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Because then along what did they end up doing?
Speaker 4: They saw that there was a bus coming along the street, and Coco and Snickers told Bluie to get ready to run, and as the bus is driving by, it closes up the gap of the land, so she can run from shadow to shadow. But she has to run really quickly because that bus is not stopping. It is just going on down the street. And she gets there, but ooh, it is really close.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised there weren't flames being left on the grass from how fast she was going. She was moving. The very next obstacle they get to doesn't seem like it's going to be too difficult, Henry. What ends up happening though?
Speaker 3: They start walking, but then the wind starts blowing the tree back and forth, so they have to keep moving back and forth. They think they're gonna fall into the sun. But they make it to the end, and they're so close to getting to the picnic blanket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty close, and there's a chance that maybe somebody's feet had gotten outside of the shadow. I remember when we watched this three years ago that Henry pointed out that they should have been out because they gotten a sign. I'm like, man, you are just no mercy on these four little kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, no bending the rules there.
Speaker 2: Huh No, they did. They made it. It was pretty scary though it was close. But now they're on a palm tree island and they're so upset.
Speaker 5: They got on a palm tree island.
Speaker 4: Oh no, ritis must be hungry. Oh I brought something full.
Speaker 2: Chili and the other moms see the kids rying, and she does something to make it even worse. Stella, what does she do?
Speaker 3: Chili tells the kids that there's cupcakes.
Speaker 2: Oof. They want those cupcakes pretty bad, don't they, kid? Yeah they do, Amanda, did those cupcakes look good to you?
Speaker 6: Um?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they looked pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's alrising a springles spring cools.
Speaker 2: The kids were bummed out that they might not be able to get to them. At this point, Coco wants to change the rules again. Amanda, what is she saying they should be able to do?
Speaker 4: Coco thinks that they should play the game where they can just walk across the water so they can get over to the cupcakes, because that girl really wants her cupcake. But there's no way that they can do this, and Snickers suggests that the only way that you could walk across the water is if you were a water boatman.
Speaker 2: I remember when we watched this the first time, that we didn't know what water boatmen were, and it seems so familiar to me, and I had to look it up later after we recorded the episode. I was thinking, maybe it was a guy standing on a paddle board or something. Yeah, but what it is, it's a bug. You know, those bugs like we see it on Papa's pond that can kind of skid her around on top of the water. Yeah, those are called water boatmen, that's what they are. And Snickers is right, water boatmen could get across there, but none of them are water boatmen.
Speaker 4: This is true.
Speaker 2: Henry Chili is making this whole thing even worse. What is she saying?
Speaker 3: She said that she was gonna eat all their cupcakes if they don't get over there.
Speaker 2: Oh, Coco said, that's it. She is just going to go ahead and change the rules and go and Bluie tells her, you can't change the rules.
Speaker 5: You can't just change the rule but he still hasn't told me why, Well, because I didn't know.
Speaker 2: See, there's no reason Blue's been enforcing these rules the whole time. But it turns out she's not sure why you can't break the rules. Is that what was happening?
Speaker 3: Henry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they want to get across and they don't see any other way, and both Snickers and Coco say let's just forget the rules and go and Blue was pretty upset, wasn't she, Stella.
Speaker 3: Yeah she was.
Speaker 2: They were getting ready to go ahead across, but then something happened, Stella, what was it?
Speaker 3: A big cloud came over and blocked out the sun.
Speaker 2: Bluie is filled with hope when she sees the cloud coming in, and suddenly poof the entire ground is shadow, Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 4: The kids take off running towards a picnic blanket, and they're telling Snickers to run your little sausage dog legs so they can get there before the cloud moves away from the sun. Well, on their way there, Snickers tripped, and Blue and Coco go back and pick him up like they're carrying a log, and they run, run, run, and they make it to the picnic blanket.
Speaker 2: I love that part when they were carrying them like that, talk about good friends too they are, and Snickers he's keenly aware of what his little legs do to limit him, and he's like, yeah, okay, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's cool with it. Oh.
Speaker 2: When they get over there and they're celebrating, Henry, what realization do they come to?
Speaker 3: They realize that the reason why you don't want to change the rules is because that's what makes the game fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the challenge, isn't it. Yeah. We cut to the next thing. They're playing what's the time Missus Wolf again, and Chili sees that Snickers is living his best life.
Speaker 1: I got cake for ee chance nicause you got it made in the shade.
Speaker 2: I thought it was pretty funny that she said made in the shade. After their whole game, the point was them staying in the shade, right, That was pretty cute, Henry. What happens with their game this time?
Speaker 3: They're talking about how they might think it'll be dinner time this time, and Louie says, no, it's not. Coco's just gonna wait for us to be up closer, and then she yells dinner time and everybody starts running and Blue's like, wait what.
Speaker 2: Bluie said? It will be Coco always blah. And I thought it was funny that Coco's mom is right there and Bluie is trash talking her friend right in front of her friend's mom. But boy, Coco sure showed her a thing too, didn't she.
Speaker 4: She sure did.
Speaker 2: And that was the episode. Henry, did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Would somebody like to tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: I think I learned that having the rules are is always good. Or else there's no challenge, it's not as fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, very good? Anybody else?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with Henry, it's best to follow the rules when it comes to playing the game because sometimes games like this one, it was a little challenging, and if you don't follow the rules and play by the rules, then it kind of takes the challenge out of the game and makes it it could make it a little less fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Coco had the best of intent. She was just trying to make it easy. She wasn't trying to subversive and cheat or anything. She just wanted to make it to where everybody could go along and do their thing and not have to stress out too much. Yeah, but it turns out the challenge is the fun part, even though it's difficult. Oh yeah, how about you, Stella?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think Moms said it pretty good.
Speaker 2: One thing I would throw in there is that the reward of the cupcakes was even sweeter after they overcame the challenge. If they had just given up and walked across, I don't think the cupcakes would have seemed quite as awesome. Don't get me wrong. They still would have been awesome, just not quite as awesome.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the payoff the challenge makes the payoff all the more excellent.
Speaker 4: There you go, Yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: You know, I still liked this episode as much as I did when we watched it and talked about it a few years ago. It's cute. I love seeing Blue play with her friends. You know, we didn't see Bingo in this one, and it was just Blue in her friends and I enjoy watching that and that snickers. He sure is a cutie.
Speaker 3: I think this episode is probably one of my most favorite ones. And also I'm pretty sure this is the first episode to where it's just Blue in her Friends and there's niney bingo. Yeah, and band It wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, band It wasn't in this one, but it was still good. Nonetheless, you know, he's my fav.
Speaker 3: Now, just imagine the episode both Bandit was in there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he would have done in this one, so I think it worked out just fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I like the game that they played, the shadow Lands. That looked fun.
Speaker 2: It was It's a lot like the floor is lava when you think about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of just spread out more, yeah, just outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like Snicker's character. I think he's a good character. I wish we could see him more in the series.
Speaker 2: He's pretty cute. I like his little tiny sausage dog legs, and I like how comfortable he is in his own skin too. It's like, well, what are you gonna do? I'm a sausage dog, got a little sausage.
Speaker 4: My little legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one's fun. It's fun to see them playing. I like to see the ingenuity, and it is cool to see the way kids interact with each other. They really nailed it with the writing the way blue He's like, oh, Coco, and Coco coming back to tell Blueie matter of factly, Oh gosh, I'm sorry. I just thought that was neat. They're honesty and openness was really cool with each other. This is a good one. Yeah, it's a really good one. We think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next? The howl outs, Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa yet? All right? That's awesome? Got it? Ooray? We have the best fans ever. I can't begin to tell you, guys how much we appreciate all of you reaching out to us. The five star reviews, the comments, the emails. You guys are the best and we could not do this show without you.
Speaker 4: That's right, you guys are awesome. Thank you for everything.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at Spotify. We heard from Emily and she said her sister's starting to listen to the show too, and that is awesome. Thank you guys for listening. We heard from Gabriella. She lives in London. Then she sounds pretty awesome. She thinks the.
Speaker 4: Girls are the best, well, thank you.
Speaker 2: We heard from Gideon, Allie, fazlean Ethan, Julia, Marin, Poe, Puppy Doggie one, two, three, four, alex.
Speaker 5: A j.
Speaker 2: Skippy, Layla and Seamus Squishy Grant who had a birthday. Happy birthday, Grant.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Grant. We hope you had a great day.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, do you.
Speaker 2: We heard from Daisy, and we heard from Ray who likes the episode's past, the Parcel and Cubby, both of which are excellent.
Speaker 4: Yes they are.
Speaker 2: We got some emails. We heard from Eli, who is working out how to send a voice message to us and he can play the Bluey theme on the piano, and I said, well, Eli, we would love to hear that.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Witch, I didn't mention this earlier. In the French dub of Bluey, the theme song is a higher pitch, a higher key than it is on the others. I did not know that.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder why they did that. It's pitched up and I'm not sure why exactly. If anybody knows, send us an email. We would love to know. We got a voice message from Ellie.
Speaker 7: Hi, Dinner with the Healers. My name's Ellie, and I'm eleven years old and I love your podcast. My favorite people are Amanda and Stella and Charlie. I have a favorite moment from the episode on the Sign for you guys to hear.
Speaker 5: I think they do have eyes, but they just covered by day.
Speaker 7: Fridge Bingo is so sweet. I love your podcast. Keep on the good work.
Speaker 4: Bye, Ellie. Thank you so much for your message, and we love the Sign. It's one of our favorite episodes.
Speaker 2: Ellie, thank you so much for your message. And I think that's cute that Charlie's one of your favorites. He is pretty spectacular, Charlie the Wonder Dog. We also got a voice message from Sloan.
Speaker 5: Hi Dinner with the Healers. My name is Sloane and I'm ten years old. I love to listen to your podcast. It's the only podcast I listened to. I listen on my way to dance Eage week. I like it when you include the blue clips. I want to hear more of everybody. Talk to you again soon.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 4: Hi Sloan, thank you so much for reaching out and sending us a message, and we're so glad you love the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Sloan. That was awesome. We sure do appreciate you listening to the podcast, and it's a pretty big deal to be the only podcast somebody listens to, so that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: We also got a voice message from Lucy and Hayes.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 5: My name is Lucy and this is my brother Hayes.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 5: My favorite characters from Bluie are Snickers, Rusty and Muffin. And my favorite thing from your podcast is when Eric gets mad at Charlie the Wonder Dog for barking too long, and Amanda and Stella are freaking out and Henry goes that it's not appropriate to do this during podcast time, so he starts singing a song to calm them down. Bye, keep up the good work.
Speaker 2: I had forgotten all about this, And this is the moment that Lucy was talking about. I'm trying to if I'm going to go up there and grab that dog.
Speaker 7: Podcast with a time of sunce because we're trying to think about what we're gonna do with our barking dog here here.
Speaker 3: Just listen to some relaxing music.
Speaker 6: Bill Man, I forgot all about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of slipped my mind to you. That was funny.
Speaker 2: It was so off the cuff kid. The problem with kids that are funny is when they know they're funny. And this kid knows that he's funny. He's a natural entertainer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guilty, I guess it was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guess it was pretty funny. Oh my gosh. Yeah, I had forgotten all about that. That was so much fun. I'm really enjoying these rewatches. Are you guys digging them?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's fun to watch them again.
Speaker 2: I do enjoy it, and I don't think our opinions about the lessons changed that much. But the things we notice about the characters, I think we see more now because we know the characters better. Havn't watched the whole series. So yeah, it's a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of them me too. Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 6: Bye guys, Bye bye.