Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings presented by Dekou Deals with Me.
Speaker 2: Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we're going to be talking about that grand theft, Auto six, delay and more. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jason Finelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Great day in the morning, good citizens of Giant Bomb. Jason Finelli speaking here from Philadelphia, Doing okay, doing okay, you know, just doing the gaming thing as a as a gamer, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm playing some cool stuff. I reviewed a bunch of stuff recently. We'll talk about that towards the end of the show. I but as a Philadelphian, my heart's a little heavy. That intro I gave this morning was the famous intro of Pierre Robert, a rock DJ here for over forty years, that we tragically lost last Wednesday at seventy years old. I was supposed to report to AH, he didn't. They went to check on him. Unfortunately, he unfortunately had left us. And if you need a role model for your life, this man was it and the only proof I need to give you go back a week or so in social media to the likes of not just the radio station he worked on here ninety three to three WMMR, but bon Jovi, the Hooters, the Offspring, all these bands who were touched by this man in some way.
Speaker 2: Paying tribute.
Speaker 3: Last Sunday in Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia, the masses gathered or petitioning to put a statue of him in there was his favorite place to be in the city. I interned for Preston and Steve, the popular morning show here in Philly in two thousand and eight from January to August. I had the opportunity to speak to him twice a week when I was there, because he would be the one they would push off to. And every time you talk to him, he was like he had known you for your whole life. He was just a genuinely, a genuinely good man. And my heart is still heavy eight days later, just for those brief interactions. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I had the most extensive history with him, but that doesn't it. It sucks right fact that we're not going to hear him on our radio anymore.
Speaker 1: But yep, it's the guys like that to make a cities cool, right, they give the it's character and it's like, you know, you feel like you have a like a friend, someone that knows you because they know the same city as you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that goes.
Speaker 3: A local local sports blogger put it along, put it a great way right after it happened. Whether you were the guy slaving away on a roof, blue collar guy in the hot of summer, or the white collar guy slaving away at a desk job that you hated. Pierre Robert was speaking to you through your radio if you had ninety three to three on, and it's I should be so lucky to make half the impact on the people in my life that that man made in full.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a.
Speaker 1: Rest in peace king. All right, you know what, let's uh, let's explain ourselves. Let's get into the show. We're Giant Bomb video game dupis is Independent Games Media could support us, keep us doing our thing by going a Giant Bomb dot com slash join. Become a premium member, gets you ad free versions of the shows, gets you some extra goodies. We got a lot of stuff coming your way now, especially after that bombit don but really, what it's gonna get you is the assurance that you have someone out there that likes games the way you do and is ready to talk about games the way you want to hear. And we're going to keep doing that thanks to all of the excellent support that we have already received. Everyone who comes through for us, we notice, and we appreciate it, and it means the world. And if you want to join those ranks, it's giant bomb dot com slash Join. As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help peace your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. He low YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Grand Theft Auto six delayed again by six months. This is from Michael mcwerder at Polygon. Rockstar Games has delayed Grand Theft Auto six for the second time. Previously scheduled for a May twenty twenty six release, the studio's highly anticipated open world crime epic is now scheduled to arrive on November nineteenth of twenty twenty six, Rockstar Games has announced. Rockstar announced the latest GTA six delay on Thursday, just ahead of it of publisher Take two Interactive's earnings, noting that in additional six months of all, the time will allow us to finish the game with the level of polish you have come to expect and deserve. Here's the studio statement. GTA six will now release on Thursday, November nineteenth, twenty twenty six. We are sorry for adding additional time to what we realize has been a long wait, but these extra months will allow us to finish the game with the level of polish you have come to expect and deserve.
Speaker 2: We want to thank you again for your patients and support.
Speaker 1: While the weight a little longer, we are incredibly excited for players to experience the sprawling state of Leonida and a return to modern day vice city Leonita, Leonida. I don't know, Jason, Yeah, there's there's more to this, and of course there's the other side. We'll get into the union busting here in a moment. We've kind of been covering that this week. It continues to develop. As far as the delay goes. Very few people, I feel like, are walking around going like I can't believe they delayed it a second time once the first delay happened, and then everyne's like, okay, here we go. Also like this one's like barely even a real delay in my head because they're delaying it to the same fiscal year.
Speaker 2: They are delaying it to the holidays.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, if there was like one measly reason to push this game back, everything else was like, oh, maybe it just makes sense to put this out in November. Why don't we just do that. It's kind of obvious that we were going to end up here eventually, but well, yeah, they want to get this game perfect. They talk about that as well. They have high expectations. I think Strauss Zelnick, the CEO Take two, the parent company of Rockstar Games, was out there talking about the ninety five metacritics scores that these games have previously received and wanted to make sure that they hit that, so they do kind of have to make sure that this thing has an immaculate launch, right, so they kind of can't come out of the gate fizzling.
Speaker 3: Once upon a console gaming players around the world were aiming for the twenty sixth of May to bring them Rockstar's latest Lore Last did and earning calls deliver news that caused them all to shiver. Both straus Zelnick six months.
Speaker 2: More, ah bars, let's go.
Speaker 3: And the people who are not in the know, the players, the people who want the game are pissed, and the people who follow the industry and who kind of have their thumb on the scale or their their thumb on the pulse or finger on the pulse, were like, it was never coming out in May. Anyway, this was not happening. I am not surprised by this in the least, and to be completely frank, I don't know that I'm confident in November either. I wouldn't be surprised. If this goes into the beginning of that would still be the seven yeah out a fiscal year, then I'm like, oh shit, something's wrong. But if it's if it's any time before March thirty first, it would be fine with me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I believe Grand Theft Auto five's PS four place Xbox one iteration was November of whatever year that was. The game itself was September of twenty thirteen, so they have launched in this window before they are familiar with it. But Grand Theft Auto four was in March or April, I think as well. I don't think it'll go that far in if it does get delayed again, i'd put it in January of twenty twenty seven, perhaps maybe February. But I am not surprised by this. I think it makes a lot more sense in the holiday season. I think get first, Sony would have been miffed, right, Sony thinking well, this is where we're kind of counting on this to be our late cycle console seller, and you keep delaying this thing. What the hell is going on here? But then if they after they sat back and thought about it, they're like, oh, this is a holiday push, the potentially the last holiday of the PlayStation five. All rumors considered, they want the new console out in twenty twenty seven, perhaps twenty twenty eight, so we may have ourselves another Grand Theft Auto five situation where it comes out for the current console, and then they publish it again for a dozen years on the consoles that it comes out on. It'll be the new you can play Grand Theft Auto six on your fridge like it'll be the new done joke. And that's just what they're going to do with Grand Theft Auto. They're going to release a new story, the Grand Theft Auto Online that comes with it is going to keep them fat and that's it. That's what they're going to do, and that's their strategy. I think that's so yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 1: I think that's exactly why November is sort of why they feel good about that because that is about the latest they can release it to nail everything that they want to nail that you that you laid out. So a November release holiday, that's you know, that's great. They could release this game at any point, but you know, releasing it right before the holidays making it the game, uh, that will that'll get a lot of attention.
Speaker 2: But what it really does is the thing that you mentioned.
Speaker 1: They can release it for these consoles this November, that being November twenty twenty six, and then the following year if those new consoles, if either of the new consoles.
Speaker 2: Are ready to go, they will release it for that.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what happened with Grand Theft Auto five, and then a year after that it went to PC. They did similar stuff with with red Dead Redemption too, where it's like one year it was on the consoles, the next year was on PC.
Speaker 2: Although we'll talk about why.
Speaker 1: You know, that's still weird that it's not necessarily been updated for the newer consoles either way, though, it's uh, I think they want they know this. Rockstar loves this strategy. Take two loves this strategy, so they are going to try to maneuver everything as best they can to do it to do this again. So yeah, I expect them to really try to make this November release. But if it comes down to it, getting the launch right's going to be more important, and they could always just release it in March or whatever and then just have the new console version ready to go later that year. That could also easily happen, and it would even have to be there at launch right. It could be something that it comes a year into the life of a new console, people would still show up for it. Let's talk about the other side of this, because let's kind of just bring everything together. An alleged Rockstar employee claims morale has cratered due to a parent union busting efforts. We're throwing out there that one of the top grand Theft auto forums GTA forums, the mods there try to verify the identity of this person and said, yeah, we believe that this is a person who actually works at Rockstar, but you know, pinch AsSalt allegations of union busting at Rockstar. A long time Rockstar employee anonymously claims the company fired over thirty four staff members thirty one in the UK, three in Canada for union related activities. Firings were abrupt. Employees were summoned by HR under friendly pretenses, then handed termination letters citing gross misconduct over discord posts. No evidence was provided and union representation was denied, which would allegedly violate.
Speaker 2: UK employment law.
Speaker 1: As always with posts like this, we're not usually hearing from lawyers. We're hearing from people who like, I'm pretty sure this is the way it works, and that's kind of what's getting repeated here. Some affected employees were on sick leave or paternity leave and the firings made jeopardize their visas, so they might come back to work, find out they don't have a job, don't.
Speaker 2: Have a visa, might have to leave.
Speaker 1: All fired employees were union members, many many on organizing committees. The union had just reached over two hundred members or about two hundred members, which crosses a threshold for formal recognition and collective bargaining. The discord group in question was private and focused on working conditions, not leaks. And so as we've been covering this week, Rockstar has been like, the grossmas conduct is they were leaking private developer information that is under NDA, and all these thirty or forty people are responsible for this, So we're firing them for that. And the fact that it's like, oh, actually they were sharing that information. Maybe they were sharing it, but they were doing it in a discord about unionizing, and it was all about workplace matters and not necessarily the game that they were working on. It's like, okay, this continues to sound like union busting. Apparently due to this, employees were like outside, you know, beginning to protest Rockstar. And this employee here, this legend employee, says morale at Rockstar is reportedly at rock bottom, with remaining staff fearful and demoralized, and the union is pursuing legal action and campaigning for campaigning for reinstatement, and in the meantime, it does feel like this is going to come to some sort of legal head, a legal battle, although I predict that Rockstar will almost certainly try to settle so that they don't have to explain themselves actually in a courtroom, because that's gonna look real rough.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Now everyone's just saying, hey, is this why the game's getting delayed? No, I think the reason we found out about the delay is because of this. Yeah, that's the attempt you google Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 2: What's going to come up now? Of course it's going to be the delay.
Speaker 1: If you before this you googled Grand Theft Auto yesterday, it would have been the union busting and uh this it feels like pr management in a really sick way. Hey, I I believe the workers here based on kind of the way that this has been presented, and Rockstar kind of being like, yeah, look, they were all union members, but that's not why we're firing them, and it's like, oh, to me, it seems like it definitely is the fact that you even have to quantify that kind of delies your lie. But let me just equivocally say, clearly in my trademark manner, this fuck it sucks. This absolutely sucks for everyone involved. But I hope that they get reinstated as soon as possible, if they even want to be at this point right. But furthermore, the thing I think about in this is how fucking stupid do they think we are? That we don't have the ability to put pieces together or research these things or figure out what it is they're actually doing. Do these like cor Po Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven inspired idiots really think that we just don't have the mental capacity to put this stuff together.
Speaker 2: Like I think it's worse than that.
Speaker 1: I think it's like they know that we can and they don't care because a line has consistently worked for everyone in the last forever. But like, especially these days, it's like you're lying. It's like, how dare you call me a liar?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean that I fired these people for posting stuff in discord that's offensive to Like they could just be the most bad faith actors. And that's so the cynical side of me is like, oh yeah, that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: This is so much worse because of that.
Speaker 1: They could just they don't even try to do it well anymore.
Speaker 3: They get a righteous that feigned righteous ignation that they always put on. We know, we love our employees, we would never do something like that. They stepped out of their boundaries and we had to act accordingly. Fuck off, we know why you did this. They must have had some sort of case building for whether it's a next contract negotiation or or something that's spoo rocks the story, and.
Speaker 1: That they just recently passed the threshold that would have bound a rock star to a collective bargaining agreement or at least forced them to go have those conversations. And a collective bargaining agreement these days is going to be pretty aggressive, especially before the big game comes out. Like if they have had those conversations before Grand Theft Auto six comes out, it's like they can really establish, Hey, we you know this thing is going to be mass and we want to like get our long term residuals attached to this. It's like that is a conversation these companies don't even want to entertain. Clearly, they would rather potentially allegedly violate the law, then go in there and give these employees a long term recompensate, a compensation for the work that they've done.
Speaker 2: So also, okay, yeah, go ahead, no, you.
Speaker 3: Could take My question is so this discord that was had all these offensive things that they were leaking or what have you. Were these people the only members of that discord? And does that discord still exist? Because if either of those questions are no, and especially if both of them are no, then why were just these thirty four fired and not the rest of the people in that group? They were privy to potential leaks as well. So unless you shut this thing down, then you have even less of a leg to stand on. I hope that the union comes through and gets these people what they deserve, whether it be their jobs back if they want them, or some sort of severance package worthy of their standing or whatever that would be, because frankly, this sucks.
Speaker 2: It's just a shitty.
Speaker 3: Situation, one more feather in the cap of late stage capitalism, the thing that we love so dear, and it's yeah, nothing more.
Speaker 2: I can really sorry.
Speaker 1: About it, and it's it's never going to be enough for the for this, for these corporations, this company, they grow, and then that becomes the new baseline expectation that they are judged against. So they have to keep growing and and that's a very frightful thing to have to deal with. So the people that like find themselves in charge of some of these companies being like, look all this compensation I'm getting, I'm rich, but all this constant pressure to grow, I have to become ruthless to continue to protect my position. It turns people into monsters. And well, we know it'll never be enough because we're like the next story here. Red Dead Redemption two is now the fourth best selling game of all time. You know other games on that list, Grand Theft Auto five. They are responsible for making the most money in video games, and it's not enough for them to go, okay, well, now, how can we share this with the people who made it possible. It's like, oh my god, there they might want to share this. The people who made this possible might want to share this. Get in there and wreck their ability to collectively bargain for that state, and it's it's a bad look. So Red Dead Redemption two was released in twenty eighteen. They still have not put out a PS five or Xbox Series S NX native version or a switch to version, but those seem like they might be coming. But in the meantime, it's selling like crazy still. It's sold something like two million and more copies in the last quarter, and it surpassed the combined sales of Mario Kart eight and Mario Kart eight Deluxe on between the WIU and Switch versions, which is at seventy eight point zero two million copies sold. Yeah, so this one, I think is at it looks like it's going to pass We Sports, which is a number three soon that's at eighty two point nine million copies sold. Okay, Yeah, so I think that bring the total right now for Red Dead Redemption two is seventy nine million.
Speaker 2: These games, they make games that just continue to sell forever.
Speaker 1: And if you're someone who did that work and did make that possible, and you're looking at like, like, who's that money going to, it's like, oh, a couple of people at the top, the investors, and they had nothing to do, yes, and they had nothing to do with this. Why wouldn't you get residuals? You know, I know that's going to be a frightening word to a lot of these people that run these companies. It's it's either going to happen eventually or I think these companies eventually come crumbling down because they will be replaced by employee owned developers or developers that come up from the bottom. And obviously Rock Stars under no threat of that in the meantime. But but you know, one slip up and a company like even a company like that could be facing a situation where it's like, can we make this work anymore?
Speaker 2: And we don't know.
Speaker 1: There's no guaranteed Grand Theft Auto six is going to come out and be the game it needs to be.
Speaker 2: It could miss.
Speaker 1: They are missing a lot of key figures who made the previous games possible. So it's a pregarious position and sort of the only way you can ensure your future is to ensure that the people who made it possible continue. You don't want to work there, and instead you are firing them for trying to exercise their power as the labor that makes the games possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a mind blowing concept that this company still is going to have two of the three best selling games of all time by the summer, and they feel that they have to take these initiatives to punish the people who made the games that put them there in the first place. It I hate it, honestly as a as someone who has been dealing. We've we've been reading a lot of these stories, a lot of these layoffs and union busting and firings and stuff like that, and eventually, yeah, it's going to come to a head. It's either going to be that these companies just crumble because you're you're leaving so much money at the top, nobody's gonna want to work for you at the bottom, and you need the people at the bottom to keep these games afloat. Like if the whole GTA Online team just shut the servers off and walked out, that loss in sales for that one day or those couple of hours, whatever it would be, would be enough I think to make them go, oh shit, right, And I don't know that. I don't know if that Again, this goes back to how stupid do they think we are or how much do they actually care, which is none.
Speaker 2: They're walking to tightrope.
Speaker 3: They're walking a tightrope, and eventually people are just going to be fed up. I don't know how long that's going to take. I don't know how long into the future we're gonna need, but eventually that bubble's gonna burst and people are gonna walk out. People are gonna find other places. The employee owned developer. I think that's great too. You would know a thing or two about going independent, so you could probably speak to that, and I want to work. I look, yeah, I look forward to that future that whatever it looks like. Either these people come around and these franchises can continue to thrive while also rewarding the people that make them, or we have new studios that rise from their ashes employee owned, employee backed, and we get good games from those idea makers as well. Either way, this corporate shit sucks. It just sucks.
Speaker 2: Take two had some other tidbits.
Speaker 1: Here's one that we'll just put out there because I know people are always asking about this one. BioShock four isn't dead and is still coming, Take two promises. That's from Darren bonth Use at game Spot. The next BioShock game has been in development for the better part of a decade. That's right, man, It was like twenty twelve for Infinite but two K Games parent company Take two Interactive has confirmed that there are no plans currently to cancel it. That's yea weird way to be, like, what, yes, we don't have plans to cancel it yet. In a new interview, CEO Strauss tell Nick address the lengthy, lengthy development cycle, promising that BioShock will eventually be released. It's going to come out that, I could say, hand on heart without question, Zelnick said to IGN. The CEO added that with longer development cycles for Triple A games, it had become more challenging to build a game that can can stand out from the pack. As part of its quality over quantity mindset, he continued, the strategy of this company has always been to make the best entertainment, not necessarily the most entertainment. Of course, sometimes we've fallen short, but frankly precious a few times, Zelnic boasted, adding that take to is aiming to release exceptional games. Yeah, I mean listen, trying to make your games as good as possible before releasing them seems completely valid to me. And at the same time, I still am curious about the reasons BioShock four was delayed in the first place. They said it was, or we got reporting that like some story didn't meet the narrative didn't meet a quality check. It's again, is that it or is the gameplay bad? I don't know, but yeah, BioShock four. Is the world still like going to be receptive to this game? Or is this one that could just kind of come and go and be like a Mirror's Edge catalyst sort of thing, Like we've been asking for it and this one can't quite live up to its expectations and gets forgotten immediately.
Speaker 3: I think the smartest thing they can do with this is not call it BioShock for you change the name to something unrelated. You don't even mention, like, we'll know that it's the BioShock successor because it's Cloud Chamber. We'll be able to figure that out, But don't call it that. See if you can find a way to separate it from that lore and make it something brand new, you know what I mean? Because I don't.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think public opinion on BioShock Infinite has soured because of the overtones of the story let's call them, in some regards. So I don't know that, especially if it's going to be linked to that story, I don't know that you really want to be associated with it. Yeah, I'm wondering if the narrative check fail was the main the maintenance of those overtones, and someone realized, oh shit, we got to get rid of these right. Interestingly, I don't. I hate to say this, because you know, BioShock is was a monumental franchise in the Xbox three sixty era. I don't know that this is necessary anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know. I don't mean I think it's the thinking way to go to prove itself. I think it's taken too long. It's taken too long.
Speaker 3: Now, the first trailer could come out at some event and we're all like, all right, maybe I'll give it a chance, or I'll get really excited about it again. As someone points out in chat, BioShock is old enough to vote, which is which is interesting?
Speaker 2: I don't know. And what do you do now?
Speaker 3: Do you target twenty twenty seven, the twentieth anniversary of the first BioShock and take even longer? Like is that your target now? And then if it is twenty twenty seven, how far from Grand Theft Auto, assuming that comes out in November? Are you going to release it to not have Grand Theft Auto cannibalize that, so you have that obstacle there, there are too many hurdles you're gonna trip.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't see this as necess Also too, it could fall into a mafia the Old Country situation where it's got the name on it. It's different, it comes out, and that's beginning to develop a bit of a cult, not a cult following. But like you, I think that's fair. There's a groundswell of it. It's not gonna, you know, take all the game awards, all the Game of the Year awards, but people seem to really enjoy it. The ones that have stuck to it. Most of them are Italian Matt Piscatella and Giavali col Antonio specifically. Maybe it has to do it. I haven't played it yet, you would think, But I haven't played it yet, so yeah, maybe it falls into that situation where the people who give it a shot are.
Speaker 2: Really really into it, and the rest of us are just kind of like me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that for BioShock, a lot of it will come down to navigating what you said about, like the legacy of infinite and a lot of the you know that legacy at this point is the criticism. I think that's louder than anything from the story. And so my expectation was gonna be like they would overcome state for that and like really go hard on no, you know what, you're right, Actually it's the fascist government and not the underclass fighting for equality that are the bad guys here. And then maybe they would go hard on that to the point where it's like, oh, this looks like an explicit criticism of Donald Trump and the fascist policies of the United States currently, and a a big corporation might want to pussy foot around that a little bit and be like, I'm not sure if we want to dive into that, So maybe let's change up the story so I don't get yelled at when I go to a swinkie dinner in DC. My name is strauss Selnik.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why they delayed Grand Theft Auto. Would be two weeks after the mid terms. By then it could be okay to talk shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not bad, not a bad point.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 1: At that point that game might really come in and be like, ah see, everyone agrees with us.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I don't know the writing of Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 1: Its ability to like be incisive in a moment feels like it's going to be a tough hurdle for a declimb. It's always very broad. Okay, enough take two stuff, Let's take a break. We'll come back. We got plenty more of these headlines to get through. We'll do that after this. If you want to skip out on these ads, premium version of the video show, a premium version of the audio show. You can find these by going to giant bomb dot com slash join In the meantime, we'll be right back. Jan you taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail price.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: You don't have to live this way because now there's Deco Deals the double date.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 4: I don't want no bunk, out of date coupon code grub.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Deeco Deals has both the hottest and the freshest deals, updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for steam code.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven Complete collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco Deals right now.
Speaker 1: I also use Deco Deals to build and add and share wish list. You can even use it to keep track of your collection.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think we should all build some lists and host them on Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 1: And if listeners go to Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 4: Learn more at Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 1: All right, Game Mess Mornings, Jeff Grub, Jason Finelli. We are going to get back into it while we were doing the show though, so it's not on the rundown. Let's just hit it real quick. It is in seven day, November seventh. That means it's time to get out your mass Effect trees and your and your Shepherd cardboard cutouts and hug them dearly and pat them on the head. There we go, and then they have a blog post because that's how you celebrate in seven day where they write like you we've heard the rumors lately, You've made it clear you care deeply about what's next. So let's start by setting the record straight. The next Mass Effect game is in development, and EA and BioWare remain committed to telling more stories in this universe. The truth is the last two years have been incredibly busy, in incredibly busy time at BioWare, but currently the team is heads down and focused exclusively on Mass Effect. We have a lot of universe to cover, lots of features to build, and lots of romances to figure out. We're excited by what's what we're building, and we promise you when we're ready, it'll be a lot, a lot of fun to show. Until then, Thank you for your patients, because you all are thirsty for news, and I see you looking for secret meaning in my tweets. Okay, sometimes they do have secret meaning. Can't do that, but now now they're going to go crazy for everything you tweet.
Speaker 2: Here come the arg people, yep uatory. I'm one of those people. Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Deep beside us, we all have arg people beyond the next game, which is that is beyond written with a weird oh or something here. Maybe there are already's something beyond the next the massive mass effect for beyond.
Speaker 3: Wait, bit, you're right, a bunch of these letters are out uh italicized.
Speaker 2: Get on the.
Speaker 1: Couple, all right, everyone, get to work beyond the next game. There's more to get excited. Yeah, the g's italicized as well, to get excited about. I haven't talked about it much, but you might have heard a little something about a TV series. We've been partnering closely with Amazon on it, and we're really excited with what the talented team over there is coming up with.
Speaker 2: Hey that that Fallout show is good.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can imagine Amazon knowing how to do right by mass Effect.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's like different production teams and all that stuff, but whatever, Okay, yeah, mass effect in the works.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that that game was in a position where it's like we even though dragon Age didn't hit, we still.
Speaker 2: Believe in mass effect.
Speaker 1: But this is absolutely BioWare's last chance, right, Jason, Yes.
Speaker 2: It has to be.
Speaker 3: I mean the dragon Age not performing to expectations. Now, you know, you can write a whole article about whether those expectations were you know, smart or logical, but yes, this has to be the one. If this doesn't hit, then they are rude. I think they become a support studio for Dice and Battlefield or whatever or something else. Yeah, I mean if if they don't if this man and it probably whether they're being so quiet about it and they're taking their time with it because they know they have to know that if this one doesn't go, that it's over for them, which would be tragic for many, many reasons. But yeah, this is this has to be their swan song. Quick aside to the people in the chat who are saying things like the message says drink more ovaltine or Christian is definitely an arg person. That's a great joke. That one's great. But yeah, so, I I am a huge fan of the original Mass spect trilogy. It was one of the best, like one of my premiere titles from that era. I have the legendary connection. Never played Andromeda still that is a blip on my backlog. That's just at the time I didn't have time and I haven't been able to get back to it. But I need this game to be good, like I need that franchise to be back it was. I still go back once in a while and dip into it, and the soundtrack to those games is still on regular play since the day I played it. Vigil, the main menu song from the first game Vigil, is some of the best meditation music you could ever use if you just need to sit and chill. If it's only a minute and a half long on Spotify, you just sit and chill out to it, and then you're refreshed and you can go about your day. I need all of that back. I need that mood back, I need the universe back. I need it back. Take your time. I'll be frustrated by it, I'll be upset about it, but take your time. I need buyerwear to exist, A for mass effect, and B to keep my faint hopes for a Jade Empire file follow up alive at some point, but mostly at this point.
Speaker 1: I so someone in chat said that the secret letters, when you put them together, spells you are l Krogan. So I went to Krogan dot com and it's just it is a website and there's Krogan dot com slash Lander, but it's not loading anything for me.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's by Aware dot com slash Crogan. I'll let I'll let chat investigate, y'all get back to me and let me know.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a I'm looking at it. Yeah, you're right. It says you're mister gay. You're right, sir. That's man. Huh. I wonder what that means.
Speaker 3: I wonder who that uh buyerware dot Com slash crogan is currently spinning for me.
Speaker 2: So I wonder. Okay, uh, if that loads off while we're here, I will let you know. Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well we'll see, uh what's going on there. But I still have like faith in the in the people at by Aware. I had it for Dragon Age, and it sounds like I, personally, as someone who's not a huge Dragon Age guy, would have graded that game on a curve just knowing its history of how it was falling apart falling apart, and then they were able to kind of bring something together that is respectable to the point where it's like, no one's like.
Speaker 2: This game is.
Speaker 1: It's not Andromeda. It just doesn't hit quite as hard. We don't we're not quite into the writing. And it's like the fact that you're talking about that those issues and then maybe seeing some seams here or there should should actually be praised because they were able to really bring that thing together.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, no one wants to hear that when they're spending their money, and so don't go by that game.
Speaker 2: Don't go play it. If you're not into it, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But my hope would be that they were going into this mass effect game mass Effect five, really.
Speaker 2: With a clear vision.
Speaker 1: And from years ago we know that they were considering some live action stuff or not live you know, live service stuff, and now they are going to this mass effect game with an idea of like, no, this is going to be like a traditional mass effect game, and it's going to be unreal engine, and I hope that just sort of unshackles them and they're able to really make it all work. So we'll see and if they can, like I said, I have faith that the people at the studio now can make a really, really respectable game.
Speaker 2: We'll see. Yeah, yeah, I'm with you, all right.
Speaker 1: So we moved off of Take two news. We got the N seven day stuff out of the way, so let's go here. Marvel nineteen forty three Rise of Hydra follows GTA six with delay announcement. This is from Tay Garcia at Dual shockers. It seems that the delay saga this week isn't over yet, since here comes another major title taking a step back after GTA six is. This time it is the highly anticipated Marvel nineteen forty three Rise of Hydra. Is it highly anticipated? I just still don't know if anyone knows what this game is. Sky danser at them, huh who called it that? Marl Skydance themselves? Maybe if they probably did. According to an official statement shared on sky Dance games as social media, the developers explained that their goal is to deliver an unforgettable premium game that honors its characters and world and a bunch of other blah blah blah. Yeah, if you this is a game they probably knew was going to be delayed. They saw GTA six announced that, like, go, let's go get in the wake of that, because people just pay paying attention to GTA six and be less annoying about our game, sky Dance. You know, that's a Larry Ellison outfit, Oracle one of his son who started that. They're buying up Paramount and everything else. It's they haven't done a lot of like big games, so again it's like, okay, you have Amy hennig over there issue just making uncharted, but with World War Two, Captain America and Black Panther, it's hard to envision for me, and they have not really shown off much other than at that Epic. I think Epic had like a state of unreal and there was a teaser for the game in there and there. It did look impressive, but I still don't think we knew how it's gonna play.
Speaker 2: So hard you feeling about this delay? What are your expectation for Marvel nineteen forty three Rise.
Speaker 3: Of Hydra My live reaction to the news that this game was delayed. Oh, yeah, that game exists.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: I completely forgot about it. And sky Dance their most of their background so far in video games is VR related.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did some Microwalking Dead VR stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did Walking Dead. They did Behemoth last year, right the tail end of last year was a very highly touted VR game that did not perform well. And then the first one they ever made was Archangel, which I vaguely remember from E three twenty seventeen, but it don't I don't know. I mean the fact that they thought that they could just push this out with the GTA stuff and be like, no, don't pay attention to us, don't pay tention us. That kind of is the whole game away. I don't know how confident they are either, but they think maybe the longer that people like me forget this exists, the more time they think they have to develop it. Maybe they're trying to shoot for a twenty four forty three release to Cohen's one hundred years after the date in their title. I don't know, but I don't know. I don't I haven't seen enough about this to comment or more cynically care. At the moment. There's just too much going on to focus on this. And if you're going to keep laying it indefinitely, you're not giving me any reason to want to research it, to want.
Speaker 2: To get excited about it.
Speaker 3: So give me something concrete, give me something a little more, a little more to sink my teeth into, and then maybe I'll start to worry about if it gets delayed too much, or be excited about its launch, or wonder what the game is about.
Speaker 2: Yep, we don't have a new release date.
Speaker 1: I think that's maybe one of the more notable things about this is it had some sort of window of early twenty twenty six. Hearing like this notice that they posted on social media. They say, we've made the decision to shift our release window beyond early twenty twenty six. They do not provide a new release window. So this is an indefinite delay as and it's not been defined.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: To me, this one feels maybe a little bit more indeffinite than I think it was Minad the Hollower, right, that one got an independent delay. It's like, we're not going to define the new release date. We'll tell you when we're a little bit closer, when we pass certain stuff like that. That one's like, oh okay, they're just gonna tell us two weeks out, like a lot of other indie games have. This game's not in that situation. You know, there's a chance we never hear from this game again, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always a chance you never hear. I mean we didn't even know, we weren't hearing about it until this delay happened. Yeah, right, at least I didn't so in early twenty twenty six. That could mean, well, I hope they weren't going for Holiday twenty twenty six, because that just got pretty fucked up. Right, If they were shooting for September October of twenty twenty six. Not anymore, at least I hope not, unless they are they think they can get far enough ahead of it, maybe late summer. This is the kind of game that maybe shows up at a summer game fest, right, Yeah, maybe a game's come for a twenty twenty seven launch down the pipeline.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're in any rush to launch it, and I don't think we're in any rush to receive it. So it's just going to kind of exist in the ether until it doesn't.
Speaker 1: And I wonder if it's like they saw Wolverine and they were like, oh, yeah, our game is gonna look bad compared to that, so let's give it a little bit more love. And it's like, it's not like they don't have the money. It's Larry Ellison's kids. Larry Ellison. I guess now back to being the second richest person in the world after the trillion dollar pay package for fuck nuts over there.
Speaker 2: But yes, hey, what can you say? All right? Square Enix announced it got just bad news.
Speaker 1: Square Innox announces more layoffs as part of US and Europe restructuring.
Speaker 2: This is from Andy Robinson at VGC.
Speaker 1: Square Inox announced the layoffs across nearly all areas of its western businesses in an all hands meeting on Thursday. VGC understands. In a video call to staff outside of its home country of Japan and including those based in Europe and America, square Enix president Takashi Kiu said that the company was implementing overseas structural reform to create a more lean and agile business abroad. Score Inex will be implementing a fundamental restructuring of that. This is a quote again of the overseas publishing organization kre You said. Details of the restructure will be shared at a later date. Staff were told however, it confirmed roles would be cut, employees would be left, or employees left would be required to spend more time working in the office.
Speaker 2: So essentially, it's like about.
Speaker 1: One hundred and forty people across Europe and the United States or North America, and it's people in it marketing, publishing, sales, QA.
Speaker 2: Business planning and more.
Speaker 1: And before we kind of get in se okay, they're consolidating their business side of things over and back in Japan. They probably used to do stuff, mostly in Japan, and then they grew globally and now they're saying like that's not worth it.
Speaker 2: We want to save money.
Speaker 1: I think they said something like this is going to save them about three billion yen. Yes, that's about nineteen point six billion or million dollars, I should say, not billion dollars. But this also came in conjunction with like people like reading the headlines right on VGC and they read this story and then a couple of stories later or maybe earlier. It was squerrey inx first. Yes, yeah, so earlier in the day, just like minutes before. Really, in a lot of ways, squarey Inox is once to have their most of their KA. I think it's something like seventy percent of their QA done by generative AI with debugging. Yeah, debugging by twenty twenty seven. Now it's easy to let be like these are part of the same idea like save money, save money, cut jobs, give more jobs to AI, and the end goal there to save money for Square Innox. But apparently it's like this AI push for debugging is in the research phase and they have not implemented it yet. They plan to do it though pretty soon, and that this is one, Jason, I fully expect AI to be deeply integrated into the QA teams going.
Speaker 3: Forward, and they'll get what they pay for. Like I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy seven part remake, Part three, Cepharrof coming down to me and saying he's gonna brong me dos Pier. That could because they don't they don't have any you know, editors or whatever.
Speaker 1: This is why this is, specifically though, why I expected to be in QA, because they already get what they pay for.
Speaker 2: They already have tried to cut costs in QA.
Speaker 1: They try to do the bare minimum minimum, like just give us the known shippables and if some of our games come out as buggy messes.
Speaker 2: And this is not just squarreing, this is this is across the industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like the first place they try to skip on and and makes and make some money back by cutting jobs in QA. So it's like they're already doing a shitty job. They're already not investing in it. What's doing a shitty job with AI?
Speaker 2: Now? Like, what's the difference. At a certain point, they won't see.
Speaker 3: One, Yeah, they won't see one. But when the games start to come out buggy as hell, and people are like, why can't games come out and just work? They're gonna have to go back to human QA testers this. Not to get too much on them the side, but this aibubb is gonna pop right Like I think the guy who shorted the housing crist the housing market in two thousand and eight put a billion dollar on the AI bubble popping soon. That has to be a little worrisome, don't you think?
Speaker 2: I mean worse than that Open AI fucking what's his name? Sam?
Speaker 1: Is out yes, out there being like, hey, government, can you guarantee the investments into open AI?
Speaker 2: Like what the fuck are you talking about? Man?
Speaker 3: No, No, but not if you don't do what you're you say you're going to do.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Tom Host?
Speaker 3: But anyway, uh yeah, this sucks. Uh to get both of these on a one one two punch of stories from Square Inx like this really really sucks. I there are people that I worked with worked with at Square Innox in their like PR department, marketing department that I still don't know if they still have a job. The fellow that I met with at a recent convention for something I'm still under embargo for I don't know if he still has a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got I've got some friends, the friends that.
Speaker 1: Like the longtime listeners and Pep. I become very cordial with a Square Inx and it's like, oh, man, that you had some cool people working there. I hope they're all still employed. Knowing it very well, many of them probably aren't at this point, which is such a bummer. Right, And these are people that you would see at the conventions, at Summer Games Fest, what have you, and you'd reacquaint yourself, talk about what they got going on, and now you don't know if you're ever going to see them. They're definitely not.
Speaker 3: In that capacity, in any capacity at all, because these people that were laying off, these people that were getting rid of statistically are not coming back. They're not finding jobs in this industry. They are going elsewhere. So it's just it's it's sad, it's obnoxious. It's a very depressing Friday. I'm seeing either contracts.
Speaker 1: Day or we get the worst fucking news of the year. It's those are options.
Speaker 3: Normal Friday, be normal. But yeah, my heart goes out to everyone involved in layoffs. I hope that square Enix decides that the ai QA isn't QAI, let's call it to be to be fun is worth it? And then they get the human QA testers in there. I'd rather I would much rather be arguing discussing stories about QA testers, you know, not being paid enough. But they're humans, then AI QA because at least humans have work.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: You can fight for their ages, you can fight for the get them unionized and stuff like that. You can't do that with QA. I mean, so you can't do that with AI.
Speaker 2: That just hits my cynicism so hard.
Speaker 1: It's like they are already undervalued, so them being like, well, compared to AI, we don't value one and we know the other one is not worth a lot because we don't have to pay a.
Speaker 2: Lot for AI, So we'll just do that.
Speaker 1: It's it's good end up trying it, and I agree that we'll notice. I don't think these companies will acknowledge that that is a problem because it saves them too much money're.
Speaker 2: Like, well, what do you expect us to do? Hire people?
Speaker 1: And it's like you yes, two that they will just whistle their way back to the bank and it's going to be very frustrating. Nintendo claims it won't hike Switch two's prices, but you know, there is of course a caveat there. This is from Chris Littlechild at Duel Shockers. Let's see, while we are aware that the cost of various materials are rising, we also anticipate some areas where cost reduction may be achieved for Nintendo switched to through ongoing mass production efforts. That's according to Shintaro for a Kawa. He is basically saying, yes, some of the things that we need to put into the switch to are seeing price increases and are hitting us. However, we are also seeing price reductions on other things, so we're hoping to maintain that equilibrium and we won't have to raise the price, and we have no plans to raise the price now.
Speaker 2: He then goes on.
Speaker 1: To say, though that if tariffs were to change, if the global economic situation were to shift in some massive way, they would reconsider this.
Speaker 2: So it's you know, it's not even it's not a promise.
Speaker 1: It's just a statement of we're not going to raise it now, but we still might later and you'll know why when it happens, which at certain point it's like fair like if it really is going to follow that like if a tariffs and be like, well, they're gonna they're gonna raise the price because of that, and then they do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It has felt a little arbitrary or arbitrary over the last generation, though, Jason like, Oh, these prices just keep going up no matter what, Like prices were going up before we got to the tariff stuff. So it's I'm still a little frightened. I get a lot of people are making moves to get the systems now because they also believe everyone sort of has a built in belief now that prices will continue to go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 3: I do appreciate how diplomatic he's being here right like, you kind of have to toe the line with we're keeping it where it is. We have no plans. Of course, you have no plans. The market right now is allowing you to not have those plans. But you're going to have to adjust. And if the Supreme Court doesn't come through and the tariffs don't get struck down, then we're going to see a price increase. If people come to their senses and the tariffs go away, would we see a price decrease? I don't know about that. I don't know that that's something that would be in the cards at least not ee rear one likely yep. Right, So I and they still sit in a place where they are the cheapest option, right, they don't have to go anywhere, and they even have some wiggle room, I believe, So I don't. I don't think that that. I think being diplomatic was the right course of action here. But I also would would get if they did need to bump up fifty bucks or something like that, like if they go to a thousand dollars, like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: But chat is like pointing out the reason why we might still see a price increase.
Speaker 2: RAM prices have gone through the roof.
Speaker 1: We talked about this on a story that might have been Monday, I can't remember when it was. But like Micron and s K Heinez are all these companies are like, Hey, there's a ton of demand and it's mostly coming from AI for high bandwidth memory, which is not the same stuff that you put into your home computer.
Speaker 2: But that's where we're putting our.
Speaker 1: Focus because AI is just outbidding the comic con consumer by an order of magnitude. So we're not putting in the effort to making more DDR memory at double data rate memory, because we are like, you know, that's making us some money, but it's not making us all the money. And while there's demand going up there, it's not commiserate with what we're seeing from AI. So the expectation is it's going up in price DDR memory. It's going to be even worse than twenty twenty six. And that's gonna just hit everybody. People in chatter saying they were specking out thirty two gigabytes of memory a month or so ago and it was about one hundred bucks and now it's two hundred and fifty dollars for that same module. That's it's going to be sick here real soon, all right. Last story, kill Bill's pussy wagh wait, kill Bill's Wagon coming to Fortnite. New teaser reveals this is from Michael mcwerder at Polygon.
Speaker 2: Here's what we turn it around. Fortnite's Yeah, exactly, end strong.
Speaker 1: Fortnite's mysterious upcoming collaboration that involves director Quentin Tarantino will include, at the very least, the addition of kill Bill's.
Speaker 2: Wagon to the Battle Royale game.
Speaker 1: A teaser for that unusual crossover was included as part of a trailer for kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair, the upcoming re release of Tarantino's two part martial arts epic, A Revenge Epic.
Speaker 2: It combines it into one movie I Guess.
Speaker 1: Epic and Tarantinos teaser for the kill Bill Fortnite crossover last just a single frame in the kill Bill the Whole Bloody a fair trailer, but it clearly hints at the iconic vehicles arrival in the game. They will make it kid friendly instead of same wagon. There's just gonna be a picture of a cat's face, the cat from Fortnite, and the wagon Yes miou souls, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: In fact, that's the license plate. Instead of saying wagon says meow wagon. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know something about this one.
Speaker 1: It's like, if I'll tell you what, if they didn't just have K Pop Demon Hunter, I would be sitting here going I think Fortnite's a little cooked. They are just specifically going after a very small subset of older gamers who still have money, and it's like, well, no, of course they can do anything. They did Kpop Demon Hunters in a matter of months and they captured that excitement just about better than anyone has. So it's like they're so far away from being cooked. But something about like getting more and more narrow with their appeal with some of these partnerships makes it feel like they know. They're looking at the data, they're knowing who spends money, and then they're looking at a chart of like and here's the kinds of things, here's the overlap of things that they like, I don't know, get Kill Bill because Quentin Tarantino's doing a new version of that movie. It's weird to me. It is a little weird. For a while there, I was feeling specifically targeted, like they knew I had fallen off a Fortnite, so they brought in Power Rangers, the Gorillas, Daft Punk, and the Simpsons just to bring me back.
Speaker 2: And it's what I'm saying, but this one.
Speaker 3: So the Simpsons season's only thirty days, right, So it's supposed to end November twenty ninth, which means this would be part of the brand new not only season, but chapter like Chapter seven brand new. They go a year long every chapter what however, it works.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: It's good that they're teasing this because they're there's another thing being rumored for the next chapter of this game that people are much less happy about. I noticed they haven't said anything or done anything official with that yet because he's a turf and they don't really want to because she sucks and by proxy that's.
Speaker 1: Greats it'll create a sort of bad vibes. Well, well, they have these other partnerships.
Speaker 3: Going on and they don't want to right now. There was they did find stuff in the code that K Pop Demon Owners might not be done. If you notice when you buy those skins, there are specifically it's called yeah, it's not no way, it's done done done there you go has that, but it says their name and Hunterricks, so it's specifically their costume in the beginning of the movie, which means golden is going to happen to apparently having to do with the music portion of Fortnite, so you can play the song and be and and get your golden moment in Fortnite Festival. So that's a room as well. But you know, congratulations to Mike Minati to getting his car in the game. I'm sure that Yeah, he's probably probably having a great day.
Speaker 1: I mean, he puts so much work into maintaining his his his wagon whip, and I just want him to be able to see that reflected in a video game with the same amount of love and care that he gives.
Speaker 3: His Yeah, yeah, it's oh. Speaking of someone mentioned we haven't sealed the han moon yet. Somebody just this is an aside to get us off on a good joke. Somebody was telling me that they saw a theory, like a conspiracy tinfoil hat theory that the world was supposed to end in twenty twelve. Right what song took over at the al end of twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: With that too, I don't know, with its own little dance Oh god, okay, gognum style, all right style.
Speaker 3: The conspiracy theory is that's that by being the first billion dollars billion viewer video on YouTube and taking the entire world by storm, SI sealed the hand moon and the world didn't end in twenty twelve because of same size. Take for that what you will.
Speaker 1: I take it as a gospel. And SI is my savior. I've always said this, my siver. Oh boy, I thought we should end the show real quick. Last starting Nintendo. What's to be even more actively involved in movie making. We've talked about this a bunch, but it's just like they are basically just flat out saying it, like, Hey, we are doing all of this work with all these other companies, so we can do even more of it. They're not just licensers for their movies. They do help finance the films. They are onboard as the production one of the production companies making everything, so they're more involved than your typical IP holder and they expect that.
Speaker 2: To sort of expand internally at Nintendo.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious to see how that grows, especially with the Nintendo picture stuff. After them doing something sort of experimental with Pickman, what do they do next? How do they try to monetize that or is that even the point?
Speaker 2: Maybe not? Maybe they do like little series or stuff like that based on their jud.
Speaker 1: I bet they do shorts before the illumination movies for the next like ten years and.
Speaker 2: Did you bide then they have something.
Speaker 3: Did you see first trailer for Mario Galaxy movie is supposed to be in front of Wicked into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm looking forward to to seeing that trailer.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I should try to go out and see that Wicked movie.
Speaker 1: I should finish the first wicket. I was enjoying it and then never finished.
Speaker 3: I have Day one tickets already because I'm that kind of person.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, already, Well enjoy yourself. That sounds like a party.
Speaker 1: I have the results of yesterday's Paul over here.
Speaker 2: Let's grab that real quick.
Speaker 1: We asked would you check out World of Warcraft if it ever came to console? And thirty four percent said yes, sixty six percent said no.
Speaker 2: I think that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people, and yet probably also not like the kind there may be past the days where they would have the numbers where it's like everyone would have checked this out and it would be this massive shift in how and the fate of World of Warcraft.
Speaker 2: It's like, No, this thing's chugging along just fine with the very very large, very very.
Speaker 1: Dedicated audience that it has locked down for the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was one of the yeses, just out of curiosity. But I'm not, you know, trying to play it anytime soon. I got other stuff to do.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, so that's the poll question. We do have the Bomb twelve to wrap up the week. We'll get to that here at the end of the show. So let's get all this other stuff out of the way. Jason Finelli, why don't you tell peop where the can find you on the internet what you have going on and all of that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Thanks at Finella dot com, on Blue Sky, Big Man, Finelle, everywhere else did review as I mentioned a couple of games recently, MMRPG, Dragon Quest one and two HD two D Rolling Stone. I reviewed the Outer Worlds two. That's very fun GameSpot. I reviewed the Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection. That is very very cool. Documentary stuff is awesome. Didn't expect them to get into their how they were inspired by the Nordic Church song? Did you did you see that?
Speaker 2: Bart?
Speaker 3: I didn't see that little bit another the finish him.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I see how it is. I see what we're doing. We have jokes.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, yeah yeah, but no, that game, the document is very good. The game is very good. The input delay thing, I'm still getting my my hands are it's not great. But yeah, that was fun, and I've completely derailed anything I was going to talk about, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was worth it. It was totally worth it. I like to say collection, it's fantastic. I'm enjoying it. I get the problems that people haven't. I'm watching the documentary and it hits hard. God man, it really makes.
Speaker 1: Me want to go to Chicago real bad. I think Chicago's my favorite city.
Speaker 2: I think it every time i'm there. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just that's so filled with awesome people. It's so international. Every block's got some amazing cuisine you weren't expecting.
Speaker 2: It's just it's the best.
Speaker 1: And to see a studio that just is Chicago through and through and being like, man, it's awesome that one of the biggest franchises in the video gaming world came from the Midwest. It's a little bit of a regional pride for me. All right, So we did that. Let's talk about what's happening on Giant Bomb today. For sure, next thing is likely UPF. I might throw a stream in there between. We'll see, though, got lots of stuff to take care of. The UPF is going to likely be age of imprisonment, but we're kind of working through some things, so we'll see exactly how it's all going to break out. In the meantime, though, I think that does it. So let's do this. Let's get to the Bomb twelve everybody, that's right, the twelve games that really matter to people who are really playing video games.
Speaker 2: We had one last week. I didn't talk about it because we didn't have.
Speaker 1: A show last week, but I do have those results, and i'll have that. That isn't a blog post if people want to go see that, but this is for the past week, and so let's get and see here. Number twelve High Role Warriors, Age of Imprisonment does make it in its first week. Howash Simulator two is at number eleven. The Seance of Blake Manner at number ten. This game did really well in reviews, and I think it looks interesting. I'm not exactly sure what it is. Have you heard anything about the sample Blake manor it's scratching that Blue Prince. It looks first and investigative. Now, also Oberdeen, if you played the Oberdeen a couple of years ago, kind of in that vein as well, that's the Fall of the Oberdeen.
Speaker 2: That's the full title.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think no, it's You're so close, but now you've broken my brain.
Speaker 2: It's the Return of the ober Den. Obritain return Oberden? Is it Oberden? Yes? Anyway? It might be. Yeah, I do that. I do that all the time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, in that matter of investigation, solving mysteries, thing like that, very very cool. Apparently I'm very much looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Let's see here. Number nine is Hollow Nights, Silk Song.
Speaker 1: Number eight is Dragon Quest one plus two, HD number seven, Battlefield six, number six Pokemon Legends z A.
Speaker 2: Number five is Hades two.
Speaker 1: Number four goes to Yota, and that means our number three is Dispatch. That's really popping off. I think that game. I've been streaming it in the mornings. Yeah, every time I get done, it's like, you know, it's kind of quiet because like Chat's just watching it along with me, and I'm not really reading Chat all that much because I'm engaged in the story. And then when it gets done, everyone just pops off. Like I think I'm getting this game.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna watch, but now I'm one over. I want to experience these choices myself. I am someone who is a pretty big fan of the Telltale games. I've always said I really like any game that puts the gameplay in your head. The mechanics exist by you being sort of having to make a decision against your various impulses and being like, you know what, how do I feel about this? And I think this game really gets to that pretty quickly, although I think it is building up to some.
Speaker 2: Even bigger choices here pretty soon. All right.
Speaker 1: The number two is the Outer Worlds too. It was really close between this and our graders. Actually, I will say people, I can spot it when you try to push a game by voting for it a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: All right, I have my ways.
Speaker 1: So Outer World's got a little bit of of a fake bump, but not much. It was mostly authentic, and it puts it put at number two, and that means number one is Arc Raiders. Our Raiders really popped off this week, so congratulations to that. It's not surprised everyone seems to be playing it. I'm enjoying it myself, all right. I have yet to play Arc Raiders. I really got to do that.
Speaker 2: It's it's worth it.
Speaker 1: I think you'll get the idea really quickly, even if it's like not you're necessarily your kind of game. You're like, oh now it makes sense and I can at least maybe spend some time.
Speaker 2: With it real quick.
Speaker 1: A some super chats Antonio Morales said, Grub you still need to try hibarrito. Okay, yeah, absolutely, I would love that. I don't know what it is, but I'll try it. Hey you, Peeka Blue says, what is your influence regarding the shake to wake for eight bit DOE controllers on switch?
Speaker 2: What is my influence?
Speaker 1: I just believe in magic. I don't know if that still works on switch too. I'm pretty sure it doesn't. And that's one of the big failings of the switch too, is I can no longer shake a controller to wake up the switch from sleep. Antonio Morales had another one drinks on me when you all swing by Chicago. Oh absolutely, we'll make that happen Antonio for sure, all right? If there were any other super chats, sorry I'm missing him. I think we should get out of here though. Jason Fonelli, thank you so much, man. It's always great to talk about video games with you here in the morning.
Speaker 2: Always great to be here anytime you need me. Peal make it.
Speaker 1: Happen again, probably very soon. Thank you all for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself. Goodbye.