Speaker 1: Breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars. And even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 3: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: And see why it's never ordinary at bet Basis five gambling problem call one in hundred. Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: The holidays are all about sharing with family, meals, couches, stories, gramma secret pecan pie recipe, and now you can also share a cart with Insta carts family carts. Everyone can add what they want to one group cart from wherever they are, so you don't have to go from room to room to find out who wants cranberry sauce, or who should get many marshmallows for the ams, or collecting votes for sugar cookies versus shortbread. Just share a cart and then share the meals and the moments. Download the instacart app and get delivery in as fast as thirty minutes. Plus enjoy free delivery on your first three orders. Service fees and terms apply.
Speaker 5: Why get all your holiday decorations delivered through instacart Because maybe you only bought two wreaths but you have twelve windows, Or maybe your toddler got very eager with the advent calendar, or maybe the inflatable snowman didn't make it through the snowstorm, or maybe the twinkle lights aren't twinkling. Whatever the reason, this season, Instacart's here for hosts and their whole holiday hall. Get decorations from the home depots, cvs and more through instacart, and enjoy free delivery on your first three orders.
Speaker 6: Service fees in terms apply.
Speaker 7: All right, then we go, Fred Rogan Rodney Pete at five to seventy LA sports two hour program for us today, Dan Wiki join us at the top of the one. We'll get into the Lakers and what lebron did last night, which is absolutely mind blowing. But let's get started with the Dodgers today, Rodney and more reports. We have talked about it, we have hypopthesized about it, but there are more reports that they would be the favorites now to sign Roki Sazaki, the twenty three year old Japanese right hander. He is hosted. That means at that age they don't have to go out and spend Yamamoto money on him. His deal could rival the deal Otani had with the Angels. And what does that mean? It means he is cost effective and more importantly, that means they have even more money to improve the team and add to the pitching staff. Really, the only team, it seems that might be in the running are the Padres, because Suzaki knows you darbage and has admired you darbage. But if you got to pick one person to admire you, is it going to be you darbage with the Padres or you come into La to admire Otani and his pal Yamamoto. I think it looks pretty good for the Dodgers, and it would be an embarrassment of riches for the Dodgers. And soon they will have an entire Pacific rim pitching staff. Will the Dodgers? They just they just might.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, and they got a half Asian manager as well. I mean throw that in, you know, I don't know, you know, a lot of a lot of guys look up to certain guys. Yes, Otani is a superstar and he's the guy now, and Yamamoto just signed a big deal. But for I get for kids growing up, like when you're playing Little League, you know, in Japan, a lot of even even Otani said this that he looked up to you, Darvish, right, you darbish was the guy. He'd been doing it for years, did it in Texas, did it now, doing it in San Diego.
Speaker 7: So a lot of guys look up to him.
Speaker 8: Same thing with them, you know, when each Yiro was coming up, it was him, and and it was the guy uh the King Kong from New York.
Speaker 7: Uh, Matt Sui.
Speaker 8: Yeah, people looked up to and and those were the heroes, and people wanted to play in Seattle, wanted to play in New York because of those guys. So I don't I don't see that being an issue. And I understand and at some of them, my you know favor or you Darvis is their hero and and and would love to play with him. So but going back to him and his contract, so that means that the Dodgers or anybody could sign him, he would be under club control. For six years, right, Yes, for six years, and that's because of age. Yes, that's because of his age. Right, So he could be under control. And when he say under control, we're not talking about not talking about minimum wage, all right, there's got to be something where he's getting a little bit like o'tany got some money at the age of well, I think he comes in like a two million I think would be an over sliding upward scale for that going forward once.
Speaker 9: He gets to arbitration, which would be the final two or three years, I think yes, But I think it's a set amount the first couple of years, which is about two and a half million dollars.
Speaker 7: Right, which you can survive on. Let's just let's just put that out there. Two and a half million dollars. I think you're okay. I think you'll be all right at two and a half I it's pauper wages compared to what some people make, but to the average person two and a half million, you're gonna be just fine, of course, you know.
Speaker 8: I mean, I look, there's a lot of there's a lot of positives and envy from other leagues when it comes to the Players Association in baseball and what they've done over the years, and how empowered baseball players are. They got the best union in all of sports and probably all of the workplaces, is the Baseball Union. The way those guys get paid and taken care of and lifetime this and lifetime health and all those things and guaranteed money.
Speaker 7: They've done a great job. This one. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, even with even with the American players that come up through the minor leagues where they got to wait so long. I mean, think about it when Cody Bellinger went off for those first couple of years and couldn't really get paid paid. He had to go to arbitration, and then it was you know, it took a minute for him to get to get his money, and then he fell off and really didn't make the gigantic two hundred three hundred million dollars that he could have made after the MVP season, you know. So I don't know if that's a great thing, but it is. It makes it very applical for the Dodgers to go after him without really taking any risk because it's not gonna cost him anything and they can still go out and sign other guys. So why not if this is the guy they think is the next Yamamoto and the next up and coming. Why not go after him, and especially after you win the World Series? Why that's stockpile.
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing. So let's say you go after him right now. And Kevin said, when he's available for arbitration, things will change. So you have him two years. After two years, you have a fair sample size. He's twenty five, twenty six years old, and you're thinking, okay, he is the real deal. At that point, you can just go in buy him out of arbitration. Let's get this locked up right now. Yeah, let's just take care of it right now. Why are we gonna continue like this? You deserve more, We want you longer, So let's just fix.
Speaker 8: It, which would be smart if he's going in the right direction, because then you're gonna you're not gonna fall into the bidding war of a three hundred million dollar guy. You may get him for two, may get him for one, fifty over five years. I mean, you know you're not gonna have to go and compete with other teams out there if you go to them early and do that right, So, I mean.
Speaker 7: To me, it's a no brainer. And by the way, speaking of spending money. That just just hit me because I saw it the other day. Do you see what they're doing at Dodger Stadium. Have you seen this? And maybe you haven't. No, they're redoing the home clubhouse. Oh yes, what am I talking about? What am I talking? What am I talking about? We just had this, I mean, I just my son, are Jack keep talking about? You know, he's a clubby? So after the World Series it was over, you think they get a break, but all the people that work there, especially the clubbies, had to go in at six am every single morning for the next week because they had to clear out everything in the clubhouse. They had to clear everything because they were remodeling the whole thing, the weight room, the clubhouse, the cave, is everything down there and building a new state of the arts space down there, which which I thought it was pretty good to begin with, you know what they had, I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 8: But they're doing They're they're totally remodeling it. So yeah, I did know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And and Kevin and Ronnie said they're doing the visitors clubhouse as well. Yeah. Yeah. The Visitors Clubhouse wasn't great. No, it wasn't great.
Speaker 8: No, you want to know the worst place to go. They putting the cage in there for them visitors too.
Speaker 7: No, No, I know they have to have a weight room. They're probably upgrade. Dad. Yeah, you want to know the very worst. And I know the charm and the beauty and the majesty a Fenway Park, I understand, I get it. Sure there's something unique and special.
Speaker 8: What a dump? Those duckhouts are dump? It is to make shift the makeshift the bullpen. Then they try to do that underneath something like that and just bad.
Speaker 7: It was the visiting clubhouse. Bad bad, Yeah, and they don't care. Well that's the way it goes. You're hearing the the historical monument and this is what you get. It's bad. They need to fix that stuff. Not that I think.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wonder if there's a mandate now that you have to do it. And I haven't been to to to Wrigley or or Finway, the the you know, visitors clubhouse, but I know it's not great. But I know in the NFL they they they set a standard for the visitors clubhouse when these new stadiums are built and renovations are made. Because we used to go to places like like going to New England, New England at the old old stadium there was the worst. And everybody will tell you Cleveland was the worst stadium. I mean you you had to share a locker and it was a shower that only had three shower heads, you know, so you had to wait in line to take a shower after the game. It was it was absolutely terrible. But yeah, I think there's standards now where you got it. It has to be better.
Speaker 7: Were you know, in the NFL, they had surveys about teams practice facilities and basically shamed clubs into stop putting players in dumps. I mean in Cincinnati they were shamed, shamed the organization. They had to rebuild things just for them to practice in because it was so substandard and so awful that they conducted a survey. And the players vote now and they vote on their facilities, and if you're at the bottom of that list, you got to fix it. Now. Think about the owners that are so damned cheap. Hey, you know what we have been in this former elementary school for the last thirty five years. Granted, the seats are small and the rooms aren't very large, but that's okay because that's how we do it. Then you turn around and you look at what the rams are built, or even the Chargers now in El Segundo. Think about the Rams though you just mentioned the Rams, Think about the Rams where they were in Anaheim.
Speaker 8: Eric, Eric will tell you about it. They were at the elementary school, and the Raiders when they were here, Raiders and Elsa Gundle. We're at an old converted elementary school. It was terrible.
Speaker 2: Breaking news coming in from Bet three six to five, where every nail biting, overtime win, breakaway, pick six, three point shot, underdog win, buzzer beater, shoot out, walk off, and absolutely every play in between is amazing, from football to basketball and hockey to baseball, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary.
Speaker 7: At Bet three sixty five gambling.
Speaker 2: Problem Call one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 4: The holidays are all about sharing with family, meals, couches, stories, Gramma's secret pecan pie recipe, and now you can also share a cart with Instacart's family carts. Everyone can add what they want to one group cart from wherever they are, so you don't have to go from room to room to find out who wants cranberry sauce, or who should get many marshmallows for the ams, or collecting votes for sugar cookies versus shortbread. Just share a cart and then share the meals in the moments. Download the instacart app and get delivery in as fast as thirty minutes. Plus enjoy free delivery on your first three orders. Service fees and terms apply.
Speaker 5: Why get all your holiday decorations delivered through instacart Because maybe you only bought two wreaths but you have twelve windows, Or maybe your toddler got very eager with the advent calendar, or maybe the inflatable snowman didn't make it through the snowstorm, or maybe the twinkle lights aren't twinkling. Whatever the reason, this season, Instacart's here for hosts and their whole holiday haull get decorations from the home depots, CBS and more through instacart and enjoy free delivery on your.
Speaker 6: First three orders. Service fees in terms apply terrible.
Speaker 8: I think the cafeteria was like the weight room, and it was It was bad. And then look at the way the rams are now and about to be when they moved to Woodland Hills. That is going to be ridiculous.
Speaker 7: But look at the Chargers we were there. Yeah, look at that facility. Yeah, you know. The problem was, and I think people have said it over years, and maybe it speaks to baseball as well. You come out of a really good Division I school, a college, yep, and they've got top notche facilities because they're recruiting people. Yeah, Alabama or Ohio State, or you come out of Michigan. You come out of one of those places, and then you go to an NFL team, like you said, like you mentioned Cincinnati, you go, wow, this is the NFL Jackson. When I went to Detroit, I mean, USC wasn't I mean, and it will because they're just going to spend another two hundred million dollars building a whole football facility now. But we had just gotten money from.
Speaker 8: The Olympics to rebuild our weight room and locker room over at USC, So they benefited from the Olympics being there in eighty four, and so at that time it was one of the best before Oregon went crazy, it was one of the.
Speaker 7: Best in the pack.
Speaker 8: And then I went to Detroit, and man, thinking I went from USC to this where the weight room you had, you know, staying on the ceiling and water dripping off the top. It was like the old Rocky gym back in the day where Mickey was working, you know, in a combination locks on the lockers and it was all rusty and crusty and stains on the floor, and it was just it was ridiculous that this was an NFL team. But there are a lot of people like that, as a lot of clubs like that. But you're right, you know there's there's standards now well, and in baseball as well. And the funny thing about the Dodgers, remember that's the third older stadium in baseball, and trust me, it does not appear that way too long ago, correct me, It wasn't too long ago that they rebuilt the locker room. Yeah, that's right, because I remember the old clubhouse and I knew the new clubhouse. And now this clubhouse is going to be better than the newest clubhouse.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's amazing. Where do they find all the room?
Speaker 8: I mean with a not a new stadium, you know, it's an older stadium, the oldest, one of the third oldest, right like in an old stadium like that, how did they.
Speaker 7: Find the well. When you're spending one hundred million dollars, you can make the room. You find the room, you find it. But in the structure, the structure, you you just know how to do it. Who knows, maybe they're building a twelve feet underground. I don't know what they're doing. Yeah, But the thing is this years ago, if we're to be really honest, this is long before Guggenheim owned the Dodgers. It was during the Frank McCort era. And Frank McCourt didn't have a lot of money, right, he didn't, He wasn't didn't have cash flow, so things were as they were. He put in the dugout club seats that he did to generate revenue. That was Frank McCourt. But aside from that, if you looked at that stadium, and if you're all to be completely honest, it was falling apart. It wasn't great. Now. I know you grew up going there and I understand the significance of it, And even in eighty eight with the home run and the Dodgers went in the World Series in the early eighties, I got all of that. Let's speak completely honest. That place was in disarray. It was bad and if you say anything else, you're not being honest. So just accept that. Now. When Gugenheim came in, there was a train of thought where, you know what, they might build a new Dodger Stadium because this thing has seen better days. There was that train of thought initially, and stankast and said, not only are we not building a new Dodger Stadium, because this location is absolutely beautiful. We're going to fix this Dodger Stadium up. And now when you walk in there, and yes it is not brand spanking new, it's not, but you go in there that now, I think is one of the nicest stadiums again in Major League Baseball. Do you how much money the Dodgers have poured into that? And if we had stan On he would probably tell us, But I'm thinking since Guggenheim has owned the team, I'm thinking it's at least five hundred million dollars. Yeah, improving Dodger Stadium, I agree, And again, you know it is what it is. You can only do so much with an older stadium and older facility. You know, it's not gonna be like if you've ever been to the New Yankee Stadium or even been to City Field. Certain places like that that are now state of the art with the new facilities and new flooring and everything is you know, updated and all that kind of You can't update everything at Dodger Stadium, it kind of is what it is. But certain places like you, like you mentioned the dugout club, the suites, you can you can do different things and improve the seating areas.
Speaker 8: They gave it a front door, they gave it an entrance, they gave it an interest. Do you think that they would ever consider or did they consider? Breaking news coming in from Bet three sixty five, where every nail biting, overtime win, breakaway, pick six, three point shot, underdog win, buzzer beater, shoot out, walk off, and absolutely every play in.
Speaker 7: Between is amazing.
Speaker 2: From football to basketball and hockey to baseball. Whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At Bet three sixty five, gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 4: The holidays are all about sharing with family, meals, couches, stories, Gramma's secret pecan pie recipe, and now you can also share a cart with instac Cart's Family Carts Everyone can add what they want to one group cart from wherever they are, so you don't have to go from room to room to find out who wants cranberry sauce, or who should get many marshmallows for the ams, or collecting votes for sugar cookies versus shortbread. Just share a cart and then share the meals and the moments. Download the instacart app and get delivery in as fast as thirty minutes, plus enjoy free delivery on your first three orders. Service fees and terms apply.
Speaker 6: Why get all.
Speaker 5: Your holiday decorations delivered through instacart Because maybe you only bought two wreaths but you have twelve windows, Or maybe your toddler got very eager with the advent calendar, or maybe the inflatable snowman didn't make it through the snowstorm, or maybe the twinkle lights aren't twinkling. Whatever the reason, this season, Instacart's here for hosts and their whole holiday hall. Get decorations from the home depot, CBS and more through instacart and enjoy free delivery on your first three orders.
Speaker 6: Service fees in terms apply.
Speaker 8: Because it feels like there's enough space to do what the Yankees did build a Dodger Stadium next to the Dodger Stadium and then tear down the old Dodger Stadium. I don't think they considered that, but I know one thing that was considered, and as a matter of fact, I think it's still in play. So when McCord owned the Dodgers, there were two things he desperately needed, neither of which he got. Number one, he needed to have access to the new TV deal because the TV revenue would have saved them, but he ran out of time and had to sell before the TV deal came due.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that got them. The other thing he desperately wanted to.
Speaker 8: I wonder, what's stall that TV deal? The other one wasn't up yet. Oh, the other one wasn't up yet. Yeah, the other one wasn't up. It's like he ran out of there and it wasn't getting renewed. No, you know, like sometimes it gets renewed a little a year earlier. No, no, no, talk about it. This was not getting renewed.
Speaker 7: And the other thing he desperately wanted to do. And when you look at what they've turned in for the Tram, the infamous Tram re union station what that really is. They want to develop part of the parking lot at Dodger Stadium and make it sort of a ballpark village or make it like the area around the Rangers Stadium now in Texas. They want restaurants or balls.
Speaker 8: A little bit where they've got it all around well, Kevin Yards and Baltimore is like that.
Speaker 7: Everybody's doing it. That's really what they wanted.
Speaker 8: That's what live like that, that's what they want or sofar like yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: That's what the plan was. Will develop some of the parking lot land and turn it into a revenue stream and a destination where people go all year long. Yeah, that was the plan, but then everything fell apart. Now this tram I think that's part of the plan as well. And if that happens in the parking lots at Dodger Stadium, of course Frank McCourt gets his bag money because he held onto half of I think the revenue from the parking lots. That was part of the deal. Smart for him. But then that's the Dodgers too. That land gets developed. Is it going to happen tomorrow?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: And may might it never happen? Possibly?
Speaker 8: I could see that happening. Look, what they did in centerfield is amazing if you you know, obviously you know it's been there for now a year, but to be able to walk around the entire stadium now and walk out in center field and have the restaurants and the trucks and everything out there and just spend the day out there. A lot of people don't even go into the game. You know, you can watch the game out there. You can hang out out there and sit at a bar out there and do your thing.
Speaker 7: I could see where there may be a hotel go up.
Speaker 8: I could see something like that, where there might be you know, some some retail go up out there, where it turns into, like you said, more of a destination where people can come on off days and spend time there like they do with some of the other places. You know, Patriots. It's a whole mall there, you know. So it's it could go that direction. They certainly they certainly have the ability with land around it that they could do whatever they want.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I think that ultimately, if it's not secretly being planned right now, yeah, I think that's a plan. And if it is, it's smart. Alardy Morena wanted to do that at Anaheim. That was the deal. Remember when Dartie Mourina want to give him to land, right, the land was an issue. There's a lot happened there. What happened there Rodney was a complete mess where the city of Anaheim and the Angels are negotiating. But if I remember the story correctly, the mayor of Anaheim was basically like talking to the Angels on the side and telling them what they would do and what they wouldn't do during the negotiation. And he's representing the city so he can't do that. Then the FBI was called in and then the mayor was ousted, and then the whole thing fell apart because the deal is ardy Moreno threatened to move to I think Tustin. Then they had been the Tustin Angels of Anaheim of Los Angeles, which was not going to happen. Then I think he threatened to move to Long Beach, so they would have been in the Anaheim Long Beach Angels of Los Angeles because he wasn't getting a stadium d because here's the deal with stadiums. You know, aside from the fact that you need more sources to generate revenue, what does that mean you need more suitees, you need more club seats, things like that. After twenty five years, when you built a stadium, the infrastructure starts to crumble, so what so the plumbing doesn't work, so what happens to the toilets. It's that kind of thing why you have to keep updating the stadium. Money is spent on things that people don't even know. It's like owning a home. If you've had your home for forty years, are you're telling me the air conditioning never stop working? Do you change the filters in the air conditioning?
Speaker 8: Of course you do, which is amazing how they were able to put like a band aid on the Colisseum for it, you know, and make it what it is now. Because if you sit on that one side where the press boxes and the suites are now, it looks like a new, state of the art kind of stadium, you know. But if you're on the other side, it looks like the old Colisseum. But the fact that it's lasted the test of time. But you're right they you know, think about how many times they've gone in and had to kind of reinforce the structure or you know, change the plumbing. And do whatever they had to do for the coliseum, which they did and they finally remodeled it, and the US he put the money into it to do it, to make it their own. Otherwise that stadium was not gonna last.
Speaker 7: No, it was falling apart before USC did that. Yeah, that was a dump. Sorry, I know the Olympics were there. That was a dump. Absolutely, So you know, USC got it, took it over, fixed it up. Good to go about with the Angels already Moreno and Anaheim. His deal was it was pretty simple. I'll sign a new lease. I just want the land. Yeah, give me the land, I'll develop the land. I'll sign the lease, I'll fix the stadium. Done. Now we can all shake hands and be happy. That was what he wanted. Yeah, But then it all fell apart when the mayor was secretly telling the Angel stuff and the FBI came in and it all went the hell. So that was the end of that. Seriously, that's what happened. Don can't can the can the Angels ever turn it around?
Speaker 8: Unless would put it this way, does it take a is going to take a new owner with deep, deep pockets to turn it around.
Speaker 7: Here's the problem with the Angels. The Angels have a very good fan base, very good and again when Audio Moreno called them the Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles, if I was an Angel fan, I would have felt like I just got them off, lap right in the face, pissed them off down in Orange because Orange County.
Speaker 8: You know, if you live here long enough, you know Orange County is an area in its own it's LA beautiful. It's separate than LA. It's not LA. They don't want to consider be in LA or anything like LA. They're Orange County, right, and they take a lot of pride in that. So you're right when he did that and said we don't want to be Anaheim Angels, We're going to be the La Angels. That was a slap in the face from everybody from Newport to Santa Anna to Anaheim, everything down there.
Speaker 7: It was a slap in the face of those people. Anybody that ever spent one cent going to an Angel game just got slapped right in the face. Yeah. So they still have a very good fan base. But what do they need, Well, they probably do need somebody with really deep pockets, but moreover, somebody with a knowledge of how to operate the franchise in this decade to come in and rebuild it. But here's the problem. Now, if we had this kind well since Goggenheim's been here, we probably couldn't. If we had the conversation fifteen years ago, it would have been a very different fix. Your problem now is, no matter what you do, Goliath is up the road, This giant monster is up the road.
Speaker 8: What if you are become another If you're another Goliath that comes in and if you can't be can't they can't lie. No, that's not gonna happen. You can't compete with the Dodgers. I'm talking about from a deep pocket standpoint, like you know, like with the Cohen with the Mets, right, he's gonna spend the money to do He's gonna rival the Yankees and the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: And when it comes to spending money, you don't do what it takes. But he's not forty miles away from the other team. No, And basically the same market, is in the same market.
Speaker 8: And it's tough because the Yankees are the Yankees and they'll always be the Yankees. But he's carved out, they carved the Mets got their own little fan base there, they got their they got their big fan base with it. When it's on Long Island, Queens, it's all Mets. There's a lot of Mets fans in New York.
Speaker 7: But here's the difference, Rodney and I and I hear you and I've been to City Field you have. I've been a Yankee stadium you have. Both are beautiful and both great experiences. By the way, Absolutely, here's the problem. The Dodgers have Otani. Now they have the best player there, and I don't know where the next one of you him is. If the Angels were to find another one of him, the same person they lost and then started to be competitive, now we'll have a conversation. But until that point, and Otani is here for like ten more years or eleven years, I don't know how many years he's here, He's here forever. This is it. Uh, they can't.
Speaker 8: They can't, but and and and well they can't. But here's the thing. Do you do you believe that. Let's take for instance, the Padres have become very competitive in the last few years. Absolutely, spend money, yep, right, spend money, and and the result of that, you're seeing that. Yeah, me took the Dodgers to the brink. Yeah, if the Dodgers won, if they if the Dodgers didn't win, and Padres, I believe Padres would have won the World Series.
Speaker 7: We didn't believe that.
Speaker 8: All right, We're on the same page, yeah, both of them. So they're on the right track. They've got some long term guys, you know, locked up. But here you got the the Angels that are wedged in between the Dodgers, and now the Padres who have figured it out and they've got are gone on the right track. And now don't you gotta be if you're the Angels, you now you're not only compete where you are competing against the Dodgers because because it's the Dodgers and you want to be LA, but you're also now competing against the Padres and you're smacking the middle of that.
Speaker 7: What's interesting is, you know, when I'm out in the desert during the playoffs, the Dodgers are playing and we work for the Dodger radio station. I mean, the Dodgers are playing, they're the LA Dodgers. Do you know how many people outside of l A or Southern California proper root for the Padres? Do you know how many people in the Coachella Valley we're rooting for the Padres. The Padres were their team. And every time somebody would say something to me, like what are you talking about? What? No, the Padres, And it wasn't the Angels. To your point, it wasn't the Angels, and the Angels are closer to them. Wow, it wasn't the Angels. To your point, it wasn't the Angels. It was the Padres. Isn't that amazing when you show you what?
Speaker 8: Yeah, when you think about that, you think about it catastrophic failure.
Speaker 7: The Angels have done and they won a couple World Series in the two thousands. I mean, I don't get it. They do.
Speaker 8: Like you mentioned, they have a fan base that they just never nurtured. Be who you are, be who you are, nurture that. What do you think about them changing that name when you think they've just gone back go back to the California Angels.
Speaker 7: I didn't gone to the Orange County Angels. I'd become the Orange County Angels. Yeah, we're all Orange County, all of it, and change our colors to orange and just you know, embrace the orange down there. Embrace it. Look if you're listening right now in Orange County. You know a couple of things. First, there's a lot of people in Orange County. I mean, Orange County is down the road from La Let's take Orange County and put it in any other state. Yeah, it's one of the biggest cities in the country. Yeah. Absolutely. Okay, So now we've just moved you to wherever and you're a giant city. Don't you deserve respect, don't you You know how big you are. You know there's people that spend money, and you know they're sports fans. You have two teams down there, the Ducks that really do care about the community, constantly trying to rebuild, but nobody can question their desire to win. Yeah. Have they done it right all the time? No? Have they done it right part of the time, yes, But every year you believe they're gonna give you a shot to win. The Ducks. Then you have the Angels. Do you think they do it right every year?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: Do you think you have a chance to win every year? No? Do you believe at the beginning of the season that you're going to the playoffs? If you're delusional? If not? No, No. And then on top of it, you are lumped in and being called Los Angeles, which is the most asenine thing anyone could have done. The Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles. That's absurd. Even people around the country marketing people. Well, we'll just be La and that means we'll be able to go out and yeah, there's no mystery to the history. Everybody knows the difference. How about you start with this. How about the first thing that do is change their name back. How about they do that? We know they can't win, that's another story. Yeah you can do that. What does that cost? Nothing? How much money does that cost? Change your name to the Orange County Angels? How about that? How about thank you to everybody in Orange County. We hear you, we respect you, we think the world of you. You're our fan base, and you've been here through good and you've been here through bad. So therefore, to say thank you, because we know we don't know how to build a baseball team that we already know, will change the name to Orange County Angels, you will have a sense of pride and identity. That's how we'll say thank you as we continue to figure out how to build a baseball team. How about that I like it.
Speaker 8: I don't Orange County go back to Anaheim more so than and maybe Orange County because it's a city and they don't hear it. There's no county teams red around the country. There's no like, you know, a Maricopa County, Mecklenburg County, Maricopa County, Diamondbags.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: You haven't go back to Anaheim. But Anaheim's on the map because of Disney. People know Anaheim, they know Anaheim. Well, Kevin, you're an Angel fan. What do you think?
Speaker 9: Well, if I lived in Orange County, I think I'd rather not be associated with the Angels right now.
Speaker 7: If I could.
Speaker 9: Call yourself whatever you call B l A as much as you want, by all means be the B team in LA. I don't want to associate myself with that crap. How Why should I respect the franchise of the person that owns it? Doesn't even respect it? Is the way that I will look at it if I live there. But I mean that maybe that's just me.
Speaker 8: But were you were as I mean, you don't live down in Orange County, but when they changed the name and made it La Angels, were you did you feel a certain way.
Speaker 9: I thought it was dumb. I guess I sort of understood what they were trying to do to Fred's point about marketing and all that. But we've talked about it. You lived out here long enough, you know there's a distinct difference between Orange County and La County, and people that live in both counties will let you know about that.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: That tells you just how tone deaf or disconnected already was from the market. He just didn't know any better.
Speaker 7: All right. Can I just ask you guys both a question real quick? And it just struck me. Yeah, are we on the air or are we doing a podcast? Because we still taking a break? Got a break?
Speaker 9: I didn't want to get you off in a high horse there, France.
Speaker 7: We're doing a podcast here. We haven't even taken one break.
Speaker 8: I know, we get on these rolls. This has been happening lately. We were getting on these rolls. Man, we forget about the time.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, we got to take one quick break now, yep. All right. So the guy called in sick at work because it was a moment he wanted to remember. He went to the parade, then he got fired. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh no, I love some throwback Thursdays. Ronnie doing it with the little cool in the Gang to say rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cool in the Gang, right on, Roddye Pete, Freddy Rogan on a throwback Thursday.
Speaker 7: Let's go come on our podcast continues. If you're just joining us, we've we've taken a new approach to this. We just think we're now doing a podcast.
Speaker 9: Well, just keep the language clean, is all I ask A.
Speaker 8: Right, okay, you know what, I don't want to be like the Kelsey Brothers. Yeah, poor Freddie Freeman. I don't know if you guys saw that when he was on with them. They're throwing F bombs left and right, and Freddie doesn't cuss, right, Freddie's like, you know, mis a good guy.
Speaker 7: They're they're fing them this and then what are you effing thinking about? F? And this? Freddy effing home grand slam F and win it and walk off.
Speaker 8: E F and Freddy smiling.
Speaker 7: So none of that, none of that.
Speaker 9: None of that police.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, Well, you know what, we're redefining the world of radio right here there we go in our own way. We're cre hitting an on air podcast. So a Dodger fan goes to to the World Series parade, and we said before the parade, hey, you know, if you want to go to the parade, you should. That could be a once in a lifetime thing for a lot of people that couldn't afford to go to a game. The parade is their chance to see the fans, their chance to revel and celebrate, their chance to say thank you, and their chance to feel included. So we said, you know what, you should go to the parade. If you want to go to the parade, you should take the day off from work and go to the parade because when will you have that opportunity again. It's like if you had a job at goat, but you could go to the Olympics. One ticket to the Olympics, let's say the finals of swimming and Michael Phelps or something like that. Or your job is you work behind the counter at the pharmacy. What would you do? I would say, go to the Olympics because that's a once in a lifetime opportunity. You're not going to remember you're drafting.
Speaker 8: Predirect your lawsuits at Fred Rogan at AM five seventy not Rodney Pete at AM five to seventy. Fred suggested that you leave work, take off work, so any paybacks, any gofundmes go directly to Fred Rogan.
Speaker 9: Fred said, don't pick up grandma's pills from the pharmacy, go to the parade.
Speaker 8: Go to the parade, and then get them on the way home. Then get the pills on the way home. Grandma needs her pills. Fred told me I should take off. Fred told me I should leave work. Fred told me I should call in sick today. It's Fred's vault. Grandma needs Listen. There are two things Grandma needs every night, her pills and her bourbon. Make sure you have both.
Speaker 9: Make sure she doesn't take them both at the same time.
Speaker 7: By the way, too, don't do them. Tell Grandma take them pill in the morning. It works better, Kevin, are you talking about you? You gotta mix it. So anyway, this was on social media. A fan did not want his identity uh known. But anyway, he did take off work. It was a small business. They needed him at work, but he took off and went to the parade and they fired him. They fired him because he took the day off. Granted, small business, so perhaps every single person counts, but they fired him.
Speaker 9: The business, by the way, closed that day because he wasn't working.
Speaker 7: Well, didn't give everybody the day off. There's a parade? How many?
Speaker 8: How many is everybody? If the business closed because he wasn't working? Is that a small business?
Speaker 9: Not as small as it gets society.
Speaker 7: I didn't get that detail of the story.
Speaker 8: So it's uh, the business closed because he did not come to work, and because he didn't come to work, they could not function on that day. Right, He's a very important part of that business working. It wasn't like an employee like you mentioned for a clerk at a pharmacy or a cash out person at at at Walmart. This was vital for the business to stay open that day. So they closed up, and they closed down, Okay, And I don't know what the business was. I understand it. No, I understand every every day counts and every day means revenue. But I mean, what are you the National Security Agency? You can't close for one day. If you close for one day, one day.
Speaker 1: One breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at BET three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary at bet Basis five gambling problem call one in hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: The holidays are all about sharing with family, meals, couches, stories, gramma secret pecan pie recipe, and now you can also share a cart with instacrts family carts. Everyone can add what they want to one group cart from wherever they are, so you don't have to go from room to room to find out who wants cranberry sauce, or who should get many marshmallows for the ams, or collecting votes for sugar cookies versus shortbread. Just share a cart and then share the meals and the moments. Download the instacart app and get delivery in as fast as thirty minutes. Plus enjoy free delivery on your first three orders. Service fees and terms apply.
Speaker 5: Why get all your holiday decorations delivered through instacart, because maybe you only bought two wreaths but you have twelve windows, or maybe your toddler got very eager with the advent calendar, or maybe the inflatable snowman didn't make it through the snowstorm, or maybe the twinkle lights aren't twinkling. Whatever the reason, this season, instacarts for hosts and their whole holiday hall. Get decorations from the home depots, CBS and more through instacart, and enjoy free delivery on your first three orders service fees.
Speaker 7: In terms ofpply, there's three hundred and sixty five days you close for one. What's gonna happen one day?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 7: A surgical side question?
Speaker 8: Is what happens if it's like a legitimate thing that he gets sick and Katie can't come to work, do they close then too as well? So there's nobody else that can fill in, there's no substitute, there's no other anybody else working.
Speaker 7: Well, I think what happened was he did call in sick, but then they found out he went to the parade. Yeah, but I'm saying in general, if it was legitimate that he called in sick.
Speaker 8: If they couldn't open because he missed, meaning he was so valuable that they can't open their business because he's not there. What happens when it's legitimate and he's not there? They close down on those other days as well. That's a valid point. I don't think they do. The story didn't indicate that.
Speaker 7: Weird. So if they don't close on those days, but they fire him for going to the parade, and by all accounts, we don't have all of the information.
Speaker 8: Wait, not a bad employee. What he called in sick and they found out, and they and then he posted it on Instagram. Whatever, if you call in sick and you're gonna go to the parade, then don't post it on Instagram or Twitter or ex or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: Don't post See, well, that's the other part of it. Maybe then he did deserve it because he was stupid.
Speaker 9: That's what That's kind of why I feeled you would land on this thread to.
Speaker 7: Be honest, because he because why would you do that?
Speaker 9: Totally yourself?
Speaker 7: Man, he got a video, Hey look at me, I'm at the parade. I'm dancing. He got a medello in his hand.
Speaker 8: He's just dancing and cheering in I'm here, baby, I'm here baby.
Speaker 7: He outed himself. You know what he did. He turned himself in. He turned himself in. He committed the crime, and then walked into the police station and said, I get it. As a matter of fact, there's a picture of me doing it. Look exactly, how do they know unless he did it right? How did they know somebody else see him? I mean that highly doubt is a sea of a million people.
Speaker 8: How did they know, Well, nobody someone could have seen them because they would have to take the day off too, exactly exactly, So only way they see him is if he talks about it and lets people know, hey, I went to that parade.
Speaker 7: Here's pictures.
Speaker 9: Or he was with a friend and a friend tagged a minute or something and it popped up. You know that could happen too.
Speaker 7: Videos of him cheering and chanting aren't going to help him if he files a lawsuit. You don't say it, No, definitely not gonna help him. Well, I certainly changed my opinion in the last five minutes about this. I'd give the guy a break. He wants to go to the parade.
Speaker 8: But again, on top of that, though, Yeah, but how hard ass are you if you're going to guy missing a day when it's a Dodger parade. I mean, first of all, give people day off if you want to go. Hey, anybody wants to go to parade, You guys gonna have the day off today? Would have the day off when you do that? If you were the boss, I actually I would, Yeah, I would. I would say this doesn't happen very often. If you want to be a part of it, go well, we don't have enough people to keep the printing company open. The printing company open today, all right, everybody will get their printing on Monday, or will work tomorrow. Everybody go today, but we got to work tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Go today. Then you got to work on Saturday, right, and let's just get our work done and we're done. How about that approach?
Speaker 9: Well, you have to ask for that, not just use a sick day and say, oh man, I just don't go today.
Speaker 7: It's not working.
Speaker 8: It's forced to use a sick day because the employer didn't say, hey, if you guys want to go to the parade, go to the parade.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, the employer might not be a baseball fan or a sports fan. If you go to the employer and say, hey, look, I've been a Dodger fan my entire life. I've been waiting my whole life for this. Can I just have a day? One day?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 9: Maybe the employer is an a hole and he would say no anyway. But I mean, if you try to appeal to his emotion, maybe he says, yeah, go ahead, take a day.
Speaker 7: It's maybe as a problem is that he's a Giants fan. There you go.
Speaker 9: Well, if that's the case, he should be out of business anyway.
Speaker 7: So, as our podcast continues, Dan Whitey will join us at the top of the hour, we'll talk about Lebron and the Lakers and the importance are lacked thereof a repeating Is NBA Cup champs?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, that's the beautiful comparable Dion Warwick bringing us back. Also welcome her to the Roll Hall of Fame. Would have thought you've been in Barton by now. But congratulations Rodney, Pete fred Rogan on a throwback Thursday.
Speaker 7: Let's go Freddy. Come on, hey, Rodney, just for a couple of minutes, because you were off when we lost John Robinson and you knew John Robinson. I don't know if you played for him. But I know you knew him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't. I did not play for him. He left the year I got to USC. I was recruited by he and his staff to go to go to USC and then he if you remember, he took a quick job as the assistant athletic director at USC and then the next year he became the head coach of the Rams. So he left the year I got to to USC in eighty four, but certainly got to know him over the years. You know, you know, guys like John Robinson, John McKay, legendary guys. Once you do coach at USC, you're you're a trojan for life. And that's kind of what we always say. Once you're you know, you are a trojan for life. If you stepped foot on that campus and you did anything there and what what a what a what a great man and a tremendous, tremendous motivator. And that was probably for me, probably only was the only downside of me going to USC, And at least when it came time for me to go to US, he knowing that he was leaving, and Ted Tolner took over for for John Robinson, but being recruited by him talking to him when I was in high school. North Turner was the assistant coach at the time that recruited me for him, but I got to meet him as well.
Speaker 7: And this was a great man. I mean, you know, he was the guy that, uh that I.
Speaker 8: Remember walking the sidelines when I was old enough, because I I you know, you hear stories about John McKay and how great he was. But he coached in the sixties and early seventies, and so by the time I was old enough to start really you know, taking notice of college football and started liking college football, in particular liking USC, John Robinson was a coach in the mid seventies and the late seventies and the early eighties, and I just I remember him in those teams and all the players and him walking the sidelines and just being a force on the sidelines, and then hearing guys talk about them. I don't know, certainly, certainly guys that played for him at USC and then on for the Rams, but certainly guys at USC. I don't know if there's a coach that people talk about more and beloved more than John Robinson. He was loved by everybody that played for him, and you could have been a starter, a backup, a walk on, or whatever. Everybody I talked to that ever played for John Robinson absolutely loved him. And I think a big deal of that is that he treated everybody fairly. He believed in everyone, He made you work, and he got the best out of everyone that played for him. And just can't say enough about him. And then later on in life he still was a very avid Trojan supporter and loved USC through and through and just a really really great man, really great man. You know, obviously you know, lived a full life. I mean he was was he ninety one or eighty nine something like that. I believe it was lived a full life, but certainly one of the greatest Trojans of them all when you think about his record, what he meant to USC football in the in the seventies.
Speaker 7: Just a just a great man. When you first met him, right because you were being recruited and you mentioned, well then I got to meet him. Yeah, what was the first meeting? Like it was?
Speaker 8: It was it was kind of what you heard a little bit about USC, but you didn't know until you actually felt it. But there was an aura about him, you know, it was like a larger than life kind of feeling because, like I said, I used to you know when I was in middle school and early in high school, would I would see him walking up and down the sidelines, whether it be them facing UCLA or or in the Rose Bowl games and him leading that team out of the tunnel. It was just a feeling of excitement. And then he talked the way he talked about USC and the things that he said that will still resonate. It's like, we want you to play for us, but just remember, if you don't play for us, you're gonna have to play against us. And it wasn't like it was and it wasn't said like in a cocky way. Bred It was more like, just get ready knowing that you're gonna have to play against the best, so understand that if you go somewhere else, you're gonna have to play against us, and that's not something that you want. And it was from a place of confidence, which from a young kids standpoint, you absolutely love that.
Speaker 7: You just you ate it up. And I did too. I ate it up, I ate it up. I was like, oh, this is this is the guy. This is a guy.
Speaker 8: So you know, it was it was crazy I remember the last game and the cosseume when they played against uh uh, they played against Notre Dame. The big headline was win one for the fat guy. He was going out and they did. They ended up winning and beating Notre Dame, and it was a big sind off for him. And you know, obviously then went to the Rams and had great success with the Rams, went to a few championship games, and unfortunately they were playing at a time where Joe Montana and the forty nine ers were doing their thing too, so it was tough for them to get over that hump.
Speaker 7: But man, he had some great teams at the Rams as well. All right, next we'll bring on Dan Wiki, our Laker insider. Lebron defies all logic and the return of the NBA Cup.
Speaker 1: So we'll get into it breaking news and this one is almost unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about new customers at bet three sixty five because they get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when they bet five dollars, and even better, bonus bets can be used on the spread totals and player props.
Speaker 3: There you have it, bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets and see why it's never ordinary at bet basis five. The gambling problem called one n hundred Gambler twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Terms and conditions applying.
Speaker 4: The holidays are all about sharing with family, meals, couches, stories, gramma secret, pecan pie recipe, and now you can also share a cart with Instacart's family carts. Everyone can add what they want to one group cart from wherever they are, so you don't have to go from room to room to find out who wants cranberry sauce, or who should get many marshmallows for the ams, or collecting votes for sugar cookies versus shortbread. Just share a cart and then share the meals and the moments. Download the instacart app and get delivery in as fast as thirty minutes. Plus enjoy free delivery on your first three orders. Service fees and terms apply.
Speaker 5: Why get all your holiday decorations delivered through instacart Because maybe you only bought two wreaths but you have twelve windows, or maybe your toddler got very eager with the advent calendar, or maybe the inflatable snowman didn't make it through the snowstorm, or maybe the twinkle lights aren't twinkling. Whatever the reason, this season, Instacart's here for hosts and their whole holiday haul. Get decorations from the home depots, cvs and more through instacart, and enjoy free delivery on your first re orders.
Speaker 6: Service fees and terms. Supply