Speaker 1: What's good.
Speaker 2: This is Renee Vaka and you're checking out the Cruise Show podcast. Make sure to subscribe, rate and share. Send that money. If you want a sponsor, send that money the Cruise Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's Get It Real. Ninety two three LA is new home for hip hop Renee Vaka's on a cruise show. This my god, I've.
Speaker 2: Been waiting for this man to remember when you did. Remember when you were doing stand.
Speaker 3: Up I remember that, yes, yes, and that's where I met Renee Vodka and Bro, we basically grew up with each other.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, Bro, I remember seeing Renevaka right with like two people in the audience.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. No, just kidding.
Speaker 3: He always had a round.
Speaker 1: It was at least like five, there was ten people.
Speaker 3: But no, you always had a crowd. You we always funny. You were always confident too. You always had this confidence. I know when I met you, you were like, what's up, Bro, Like you know, it was just kind of I don't know. I'm sure there was a lot going on in your life at the time, but it's still always right for a comedian. But but you were always like lasered in and dialed in and locked in when it came to comedy Dog.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bro, thank you very much, man. I mean yeah, I mean when when you met. When we met, I was still working the comedy club and stood and and like I was fucking like like one day they was a dishwasher and I have to go in there and watch dishes.
Speaker 3: He was down. He was down.
Speaker 1: I was out at the door, you know, but Terry, you were working there.
Speaker 2: I wasn't getting paid this ship, you know, it's really just getting paid with stage time and like and like they would give him out nights and and they'll pay me like with with that, you know. And and I took it bro, like like when I would get my own nights and make my mo money there too, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: So so I it was the don't just give nights to anybody, and you know, just I'm just just happy I had my night.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, for sure. I know. Renee was like, Bro, like, you know, if you could interview me, interview me, that'd be great, you know what I mean. I'm like, I don't know if we can do that. I think it was during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, we can go on.
Speaker 3: I g live all day. Dog.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Man, thank you best bro.
Speaker 3: No, man, I saw it. I saw it. Man. You know you had it. You know, you know when you see comedians. You've seen comedians where you thought to yourself, this who has it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, not much, but yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: Be like comedians are so competitive.
Speaker 1: No, I love I love everybody.
Speaker 2: Bro. Right now, Ken Floores, you know, I wish I wish he was here right now. He didn't die anything.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna talking like that.
Speaker 2: He was supposed to be at this he was supposed to be at this interview. And uh and he uh how respectful I am?
Speaker 3: I mean like I love what is on stage? And he's like, I know what you're thinking, what's this Indian Mexican motherfucker doing up here? Hey a lot of people think you're Indian?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, just just my face. I'm hiding it.
Speaker 2: But at least with this, I look like kind of like a bloody, blood out character or something.
Speaker 1: You know, But have you have.
Speaker 3: You capitalized on like maybe scheduling an Indian tour talking Russell Peters dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah right now, I just worried about my safety.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I know I.
Speaker 2: Talked to my agent, you know, shout out to Sylvia and Fidel uh w me.
Speaker 1: You know Sam represented you know, yes.
Speaker 3: Sir, yes, I also take a lot of more money when you represent that big yeah percentage.
Speaker 2: And it's just the you know, the idea of Also just I forgot your question to be honest with.
Speaker 3: Have you guys scheduled an Indian tour?
Speaker 1: The no. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I've told my agents about the Indian tour and we're actually hopefully get Europe to Australia.
Speaker 1: We went to Canada. Bro. A lot of Indians there, Yeah, a lot of I see London in a lot Bro. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So do you get love from Indians or they're like, you know, do Indians think you're one of them? Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, when I started popping like there was, I would see comments like sorry Mexicans, he's ours now, I don't care how Mexican he's claiming he's ours. I was just like, damn, Bro, I'll get I was at my little brother's graduation and I remember these two Indian kids are looking at me, Bro, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the hell make me look like a like a pervert hearing kids? I don't know these kids, I don't know why they're looking at me.
Speaker 3: Hey, we talked to you online, right yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like I wasn't me man. Then they called to me, can me take a picture with you? And I'm like, no way, These little Indian kids know me. You know, it's just cool man, sir.
Speaker 2: And then like it was just but I get recognized everywhere now, yea, from everyone, from Mexicans and you know, I had a construction worker that they honk at me when I thought I thought I was driving. Okay, Bro, I'm like nothing, and I was like it was out dirty.
Speaker 3: I love you. Explain the haircut, man, what's going on with the hair?
Speaker 2: Oh it's beautiful man, look at it. Bro, No, it's I hear my brush everywhere I go.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things and I.
Speaker 3: Wish I had that.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things. Bro.
Speaker 2: You know, I got it and I've been training. I don't put no product in my hair.
Speaker 3: That's all say.
Speaker 1: People love it. I love it. I love myself.
Speaker 3: You've described it as a Lego hair piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my lego had my lego. It's a Lego. I just got a haircut. So like right now, it's usually more legally, but right now it's.
Speaker 2: Not many, but my hair is a big reason why.
Speaker 1: It's like in the in the comments was with this hair? Was his hair?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Like it's real when I have when when I yes, it's real. That's one of the things to.
Speaker 3: Pay the comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excuse you're going to turkey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, No, that's all you.
Speaker 1: Man, that's it's a beautiful man. I know I know someone that likes him.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, big homie, Big Boys Comedy Fies. It's this weekend Tarest Theater in Long Beaches.
Speaker 2: Long Beach, and that's why they shot with your prior's special special.
Speaker 1: It's always been a dream man, you mine, bro.
Speaker 3: So that's dope.
Speaker 1: What an honor, bro? So long we come out, man, come out now.
Speaker 3: You're a true comedian. You know the roots, you know the background, did your research.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the purest comedians out there right now. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, who'd you look up to coming up now?
Speaker 1: Sorry that sounded so coffy.
Speaker 3: Work.
Speaker 2: I've seen people always say to me like, oh, man, I you know usual he's just a drunk guy out there talking shit. And you know he's just up there just roasting people and and all.
Speaker 3: That stuff that's part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, first of all, you go to my show, I have a ship, a little jokes and storyteller. The way I tell my stories is very unique as well. But when it comes down to how I act on stage and the crazy shit we do to taking off a dude shoo and all that stuff, and you know, bringing people on stage and hump the stool and all these things like these are things that I can only do right now at my age, with the way I look, with the charisma I have right now, And it's I know, it's I know, it's a lot. It's it's a certain kind of thing that I do that not everyone has not gonna be able to do this forever. So it's like I'm not going to be able to have kids and raise a family and act like that. Still, I'm not gonna be able to have deals with these studios and these and these other sponsors that act like that. So there's like only a certain time that I can do this, and I'm taking advantage of right now, and I feel like everyone should be thinking me and bowing down to me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. What's wrong with everyone?
Speaker 2: Well, do you understand you're not gonna have this forever.
Speaker 3: Just know that this is for a limited time only.
Speaker 2: Brounderstand bro Like stand up is a limited time only thing, like why time we get lost in movies and TV shows? Bro like producing my own ship, like fun, Adam Sandler, Eddie Murphy tip, you know, and it's pause, but you know, it's just it's just, but it's just, but it's just the idea, just like bro like stand up. Eventually, I'm always gonna do stand up and stand will always be in my heart.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm always gonna go when I feel like you're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: But you know that's the comedies or a comedian's goal, right, It's like medians.
Speaker 1: A lot of Communians want to be on the road. Guys want to be in Houston next year. Guess what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: They to that, I'm been yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it's all respect and it's all love, and then that's what you want to do, what you want to do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I see other things.
Speaker 3: For me, No, absolutely, man, you want more.
Speaker 1: And the movies yet, for sure, movies are working on that right now. A lot of exciting things happening right now. We can't say a.
Speaker 3: Couple of things, Yeah, coming down the pipeline and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of cool things and I'm excited, bro, good things are happening, yes sir.
Speaker 3: And can you show let your your version of leg Day?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so so it's kind of like, you know, so, how do you when you're with your girl right and you want to give it an extra inch.
Speaker 3: Leg Day? Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: For I want to be backing up like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I back it up.
Speaker 1: Bro, I didn't bring the No, this is disgusting the way you're looking in my eye.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's a woman in the room. Guys, take it easy.
Speaker 1: Man, I forgot.
Speaker 3: I'm used to it.
Speaker 2: At this point, Kennedy would just did that leg Day was born where leg Day was born, bedroom in the bedroom, but not like I'm sure you gotta remember a specific moment for oh no, no, no, I remember exactly how I went down.
Speaker 1: Man. She was great. No, but but and.
Speaker 2: And honestly, bro, you know it was when I was on the time I started rolling with Orlando that it was like, I need a camera everywhere I go, bro, and he just started recording me. Man, he would record me and and every show, every city we went to. Every time I'd kill it, he would get hyped. You know, he'd be like, damn, you killed it, bro, he killed it. And he'ld come up and just find a desk and put his leg up and start humping this up. But it would be funny the way he'd do it, like he stuck right, and like it was the other time he did.
Speaker 1: I laughed.
Speaker 2: And then when when they're on stage, I was just there like, hey man, you know.
Speaker 1: Just like you ever pick up your girl, you ever pick up your leg on a girl? And I did.
Speaker 2: I did it, and I got a money laugh. And then the next show we're like, we gotta do that ship again. That she was funny for some reason, just picking up your.
Speaker 1: Leg was funny and uh. And then I was just like, let's bring someone up to do it.
Speaker 2: And then we're just like, let me see your leg, bro, Why guy over like fucking six seven foot white guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then he was doing it.
Speaker 2: When you're in a live crowd, and it's just like you know, and sometimes there are girls on so do yeah, and it's just and then we make them do it anyways, and it's one of those things where, bro, it's like it's a very Mexican thing, right, It's a very but it's very universal to Indians. Love it, bro, and dude, some just send me a video of him in India like, hey, look we're doing legging. It's crazy, it's it's but it was one of those things. When then we just started doing it ship everywhere, bro, everywhere, just doing the leg everywhere.
Speaker 3: When people were requesting, people were like, people, come to show you my leg.
Speaker 2: In Texans, they'll show you my legs and private message Aprol, come over my house.
Speaker 1: I'll show you my leg for real. I hadge me a come on, I'll show you my piera. They're like, what the hell, I'm down, Like it's just like yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then so so we started doing it, and then it wasn't until we saw that some people didn't like it. Some comics didn't like it, you know that name of comedist, name of comedy. And then so sorry, but but and I was just like we started watching Elvis and the movie Elvis, and we saw how how he was.
Speaker 1: You know, they didn't want.
Speaker 2: Him to move his leg either, right, Remember they're like that right there, satanic, yeah, poornographic yeah, and and and and he was just like that would do my leg anyway, right, And and how the audience reacts and went crazy, and it was just like for me, I was like, look how the audience reacts to him.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: I know there's a movie, but look, just look and this is real ship. People actually reacted and comedians don't get that reaction usually comedians.
Speaker 1: When you go to the show, Bro, you cracked me.
Speaker 2: Oh that was great man. Oh man, I can't wait to see your napa. I love you, ro you know, just like that right there? Or women just like, oh I can't believe it. You you're real like all that ship like like for you to seem like that iconic character, bro, and we need to do that. So like so that same night we went to the show and we started doing crazy ship.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: We picked up from I was just like it was crazy bro, very very out about experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you know what about the women? Man, are you behaving yourself? Are you? Are you behaving yourself?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 2: I am behaving myself actually, man, you know, I just you know, I'm divorced and it's one.
Speaker 3: Of that I remember when that was happening though going through it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 2: And you know, and you know, when you get divorced, you obviously have that uh, let's get back out there again.
Speaker 1: You know you have that feeling of that, and but lately, you know, like so many.
Speaker 2: Things are happening in my life right now, and it's just like you can't even waste your time on those things right now. And yeah, bro, but I've been I've been behaving myself because of all the big ship that's happening. Like, if if I give anyone my energy right now, probably out what I'm doing. So got to chill on giving women my energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that's right now. There's there's too much on the table, dog, We got.
Speaker 1: To be too much on the table.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Imagine just like getting one of these pregnant while everything's happening. Yeah, god man, everything's good is happening right now.
Speaker 3: But what are your comedy heroes?
Speaker 2: But I want to be the sweet woman. Yeah, sure, loving women. You deserve love like everyone, girl, Bro, I want to grow like a Hawaiian girl, like an island girl, you know, like like someone that lives like in Hawaii or something like what.
Speaker 3: About Hawaiian gardens out here?
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no. She doesn't have to be a Pacific islander girl.
Speaker 2: She just has to be like like like I'm on Hawaiian, were gonna find it. I just but like, you know, I just feel like I just feel like a kind of like a pokemonas kind of thing where like.
Speaker 3: You got a boy, you know, I don't, you know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just like the idea of like, you know, she's away from the bullshit in la you know, all that stuff, and you know maybe someone with a good relationship with their parents, maybe their parents are together.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's always with money, you know enough. But yeah, you know, I just like sound something.
Speaker 2: Man. I just want something like you know, like like fifty first dates. You know, someone I forget, they forgets, the next one who forgets?
Speaker 3: Yeah, start all over the next day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Who are your comedy heroes? Jake Cruz, No, stop it, come on, I'm give me three names. Give me three names.
Speaker 1: George Lopez, Yeah, Martin Lawrence lucy K.
Speaker 3: That's right. Anything off limits when it comes to comedy for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all that rape and abortion stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that seems pretty good, unless.
Speaker 2: Unless you're that kind of commodation comics that really do a good job at that, like like Anthony j justsin like and all them.
Speaker 1: But as far as like, shit, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've done so many things, bro, I can't even like, I can't even say that's wrong because I've.
Speaker 1: Done it, you know.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but no, man, comedy, No, there's nothing really off limits, man, except except for the crazy shit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I say, what's off limits is something you don't know. If you're not if you don't.
Speaker 1: Know politics, shut up, shut up.
Speaker 2: Don't try to become this political comic now and right and speak about what you actually knowing, what you're doing and what your life really is. Don't go out there and pretend to me you're not what we're doing out here, bro. The way we live, the way we dress, everything we say on stage, it's all real. The way we talk on stage, it's all real, man, Like, no one's out here faking it, you know. So I think that I think that's a big part of our success as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah, I don't see I don't see an one playing the character. I see everyone playing themselves in a good way, right, Like they're up there being themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like like Robert Bosa, Ken Flores, you know, concrete ourselves.
Speaker 3: Valentin, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He is, But you know, I love Ja Jay Valentine, I love you, brother.
Speaker 3: I'm just as friend. Franklin.
Speaker 2: Ye man, Franklin, yee man, Franklin. You guys don't know Franklin. Yee man man, Franklin.
Speaker 1: Ye is one. I want to people, and my god, I take him every where I go. Good. Yeah, please do.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 3: We grew up together, went to high school together together.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, he's the best.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: He's such a sweet guy. I want to find him a girl, bro, I know, I want to find him.
Speaker 1: Are good?
Speaker 3: He's he's so, he's like, well, you look man like me.
Speaker 1: Have to pay for you know.
Speaker 3: That's exactly him, like, we have to pay for you know, have you ever paid for sex? No?
Speaker 1: Do you see me? Man?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, I don't know to you've never been to Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't do those We don't do those things.
Speaker 1: No. No, it's like I'm scared of. I'm scared of. I'm I'm a hypochondract. I've been in the ship clubs.
Speaker 3: Sure, but what are you worried about? Like germs and.
Speaker 1: Are dirty? Bro? I've seen the fact ugly dudes that go in there and trying to suck them to like, you don't know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That guy just had you.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: The guy comes, oh that was good that he was construction workers. Don't all the people that go there then't going there? Construction workers?
Speaker 1: Married? Man? Disgusting?
Speaker 3: Yeah me, no, but just a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of a bunch of a bunch of people that that can't get women right or like maybe hey, maybe in that community.
Speaker 1: It's a union ever its.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, but but it's it's it's it's it's for me.
Speaker 1: I don't do those things. But hey, man, you know.
Speaker 3: Whoever's all good? It's all making money, you know, no judgment, no judge. What's up? Jack?
Speaker 1: Do you consider yourself a short king? Oh? Damn?
Speaker 3: Seven five seven seven were short kings?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 3: I'm seven.
Speaker 4: I only asked because the first question when I asked me when he saw me was how tall are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because she was holding what what? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Because I was selling here, I was like, you know, you know, you're asking me what kind of girl you want? Like you know, maybe someone I said that that, like maybe someone.
Speaker 2: That's five foot, And I was like, how tall are you? And she's like a five foot I'm like okay, So that's how tall it would be. And I was like, you know, I don't know, it's a little too short there, you know, stupid.
Speaker 1: It's not. But it's also just the idea of me being a short king. I don't know, man, it is seven. I consider myself a short king, man because you.
Speaker 2: Walk around and see like my boys and these black guys, they're like even one being six. Like have you ever been around, bro, I've seen my dad's in prison right now, and every time I go see him, he's lined.
Speaker 1: Up with all these foods are fucking huge.
Speaker 2: You see my dad, little Mexican asshood right there right, chop as fucking size, and and it's just like it's it's crazy, like so yeah, I guess I'm sure king compared to a big polic But for the Mexican communities, you're pretty tall.
Speaker 3: You're pretty tall, bro. How did you avoid getting into gangs when you were a kid, because I know you come from that background.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, yeah, besides the fact of like you know, me always being the funny guy, no one ever took me serious and looking Indian and ship right.
Speaker 1: But but stayed away from it.
Speaker 2: One day I was on a bus and I got tired of the way everyone was talking around me.
Speaker 1: It was just annoying.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I was on my period that day or what, but I was like, I'm tired of saying down a food, like like all that dumb you know, it's not dumb rights culture.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day I was I was like, I don't want to talk.
Speaker 3: I was juvenile.
Speaker 1: I was listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was listening to a lot of stephen A. Smith, like the first take, and I was like, look at these foole talk. Look how they're moving. And then there was one episode where they're arguing about how well they talk and like and like how football players they come and try to be sports channelists and they can't really do it.
Speaker 1: They can't articulate like me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, Dan, they're really arguing about the way they talk here, and I was like, I want to talk like that, you know what I mean. So I just started paying attention to the way I talked, started listening to about motivational speakers all that stuff, and just started listening to people that were in a better position than I am, you know, and stop stop hanging around the circle of people I was around with and you.
Speaker 3: Were there when they gave your dad what forty years? Yeah, you were in the room, in the room or you like, what was it a court day?
Speaker 1: No, it was like when it was sentenced, like hammered down.
Speaker 2: No. I wasn't there exactly all my friend. I was in school. I was in class when my mom texted me. The real story on that is my mom texting me like, your dad just got four hundred and eighty months.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, happy in class.
Speaker 2: I'm like, there, just go for rating months and they're like that a long time. I'm sorry, what put down the calculators?
Speaker 1: Forty years?
Speaker 3: Oh ship, Hey he's gonna be out by Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like it's like two years.
Speaker 1: So that for me, I was like, damn forty years.
Speaker 2: Then it hit me and and I also, he's got a classic.
Speaker 1: I got a classic. I just got Oh my god. You know, white people are worried about me. Principals.
Speaker 2: Also, I need trying and a bully to get over there.
Speaker 1: The chicken flavor chicken, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: So you still visit your.
Speaker 2: Dad shouting that, working on a documentary for him right now?
Speaker 3: Hey, I had a boy. Everything's content Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything, man, it's great. Bro.
Speaker 2: Everything is when my dad went to Joy I used that to write in my college. That say got me a good story to write to college. I've used my I used my dad in a lot of my stand up. One of my first few viral jokes was that he knows your a comedian and won me stand Up NBC, my first development deal at NBC. That's why I hope my dad doesn't think he went to Joe for nothing, like like a lot of my successes, because of what he went through for us. Wow, and because he didn't snitch.
Speaker 3: He didn't snitch. He's still taking Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there also really be out there really like sut Witness Protection of the Comedy in Mississippi somewhere idah, yeah right, you're tending to be Indian like, oh, your name would be Rocky Yeah right, yeah myself.
Speaker 3: You know that's right. That's right.
Speaker 1: My dad sacrifice a lot, you know, and it's paying off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it is. Dog Listen, congratulations, Bro. I don't know if it means anything, but I believe in you, Bro. I've always believed in you doing your things.
Speaker 1: Bro. It means the world.
Speaker 3: Bro. Absolutely love to see you win.
Speaker 1: If you guys need anything, man, just let me know.
Speaker 2: We have leg Day every once a month at the Laugh Factor in Hollywood, once a month Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a crazy ass show.
Speaker 3: It's like, that's great, let me and let your host one.
Speaker 1: Wo yeah bro, hell yeah, go go host. You guys want to host the next one. You guys can do it, bro, let's do it, yes, Sirs of July.
Speaker 3: All right, cool, that's literally too.
Speaker 1: Or no that.
Speaker 3: Tonight, guys, that's not weak for sure. Rene vaka Big Boys Comedy fs this weekend at test stated Les, Long Beach, Salt bronevaka Cruise Show Real ninety two three.
Speaker 1: Hey check get rich from the Cruise Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast.
Speaker 2: To make sure to subscribe, and hey auto download so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 1: So so