Speaker 1: Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he rod run, oh yes it is, come on now, wakey, wakey, hands off cup cake, Rod Ryan Jo check it in Throwback Thursday, Let's go, Gotta get up, Gotta Move five fifty eight. Three time Hall of Famer Double O seven Sean Connery won a game yesterday against other John.
Speaker 2: Pressed out of bed head to head six to twenty. Can he make it win? Number two? Wholebeat Hailstorm. Tickets coming your way on the Fun Fact flash Back Home Room. You're getting those.
Speaker 1: Summer of Loud toured tickets at seven to twenty. Read my lips at eight twenty.
Speaker 2: The Chili taking on Mac Mac.
Speaker 1: Little's gonna be joining us in the studio at a twenty.
Speaker 2: That's always fun.
Speaker 1: God, nothing but special guests in studio all week with us one thousand dollars alternative income, Your chance to win a grand coming your way at around ninety ten. Keywords, all that stuff. National Contest. I want you to get involved in that. Bring me the Horizon tickets on Know the Show. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today. There are no April showers going on. Partly cloudy, high of eighty five. Another beautiful day, Good morning Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Good morning ride, good morning home room.
Speaker 3: While tariffs are a huge political topic around the globe, two huge Chinese e commerce sites are reacting to the set an increase in costs. Timu and Sheen Haven't out that they planned to raise prices for US customers starting next week a direct response to President Trump's ARFF hikes. Neither company provided details, but the size of the increases. The one hundred and forty five percent tariff that Trump placed on most products made in China, along with his decision to end a customs exemption that allows goods worth less than eight hundred dollars to come into the US duty free, have caused both platforms to reassess how they do business with the United States. The Trump administration plans to terminate the IRS Direct File Program, which is the free electronic tax filing system that was launched under the Biden administration. It's designed to simplify and reduce costs of filing taxes. The program garnered praise from users, but criticism from Republican lawmakers and private tax preparation companies, who argued it was redundant and costly. The initiative had been uncertain since the beginning of Trump's term, with the Elon Musk Department of Government Efficiency cutting federal projects. While there was initial optimism that Elon's DOGE team might improve direct File IRS staff were instructed to cease work on the twenty twenty six version in March. Critics, including his senator Elizabeth Warren and advocacy groups denounced the shutdown is favoring commercial tax firms like into It, which have profited from paid tax services. A lot of people who work from home got a free day off yesterday, or at least they got to skip those boring work meetings.
Speaker 2: Saw this. Zoom did Zoom go down?
Speaker 3: Zoom was down nationwide for about two hours, and if you tried to log in or join a meeting, you got an error page and said this site can't be reached.
Speaker 2: Even Zoom's website wasn't working.
Speaker 3: Users panicked and flocked to social media to see if it was just them or if everyone else was having issues. It was down from one forty pm to three fifteen hour time, but it took longer for everyone to gain access again.
Speaker 2: Zoom still has not said what caused it.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Spotify also went down yesterday and thousands of people couldn't access their music for five hours. I was noticing this as we got off air. Everybody who was complaining about Spotify being down. Spotify said it started at five twenty am was back by ten forty five am, but also did not say what caused their adage. So it turns out that not everybody is like iHeartRadio, where they just work.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why. That's why I'm an iHeart guy. Here's a word for reading my lips. F Spotify. Yeah, F Spotify. iHeart Radio app. It's free, all right, and you can listen to Rod Ryan Show on it. I was trying to pick a song, couldn't figure one out. This is a good one, Okay.
Speaker 3: So uh, Elon Musk he's got another kid. He may have more than just another kid, so he has. He's known to have fourteen kids with four different women. He may have way more than that. According to The Wall Street Journal, it's always reputable. Elon has a habit of assy women to let him impregnate them. Sometimes he even hits them up on X but he uses payoffs and non disclosure agreements to keep them quiet. He also allegedly refers to his children as his legion. In a text, Elon allegedly said said to one of his baby mamas, he said he needed to impregnate more women quote to reach legion level before the apocalypse, and said that he will need to use surrogates to achieve that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a new one that's kind of claiming that Elon offered her a ton of money and she's super hot because Grimes, Grimes doesn't do it for me. One of his baby mamas that's got a couple of kids like this. This chick that's got the new claims she's smoking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like, which is going in the world? I own X.
Speaker 3: I can just slide in the DMS and see if I can. Hey, you want to have one of my babies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go check her out.
Speaker 1: She's got her own link on the world famous Rod Ryan show page.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Park is set to headline the UEFA Champions League Final kickoff show presented by Pepsi on May thirty first at the Allians Arena in Munich, Germany. This performance is going to mark the band's return to the stage after a seven year hiatus. As well as the release of their new album from Zero. The show will feature a mixture of their classic hits and their new material like We're listening to right now. Fans can watch the performance live on the UEFA YouTube channel and through local broadcasters. But Alex, who's gonna be playing in the UEFA Champions League finale? Well, it'll either be Arsenal or Paris Saint Germaine against Inter Milan or Barcelona.
Speaker 1: So you can drop that at the water for lady. So this is a big gig, right, like a big world gig.
Speaker 3: The UEFA Champions League Final is like the Super Bowl of like every league in soccer playing together.
Speaker 2: That's a big gig for them. I would say it's like right below World Cup soccer wise. In baseball, Astros.
Speaker 3: Lost to the Cardinals yesterday four to one. They're now eight and ten on the season so far. They've only went back to that games one time this season. I believe they have a day off today before opening up a weekend series with the Padres tomorrow night back at dyke In Park.
Speaker 2: In basketball, there were two.
Speaker 3: More NBA playing games last night, the Heat out by the Bulls one O nine to ninety and the Mavericks beat the Kings won twenty to one oh six of the Bulls and Kings are eliminated from the playoffs. There are no more games tonight, but tomorrow the Heaton Hawks and Mavericks and Grizzlies are gonna play for the eight seeds in their conference playoffs.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. Here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. You want the first phone call, come get it? Seven, one, three, five.
Speaker 1: The most interacting show on the radio starts right now. Ninety four or five Buzz Sender and Ramedy.
Speaker 2: We are off and running. Rob Ryan Show on a throwback Thursday, Chile.
Speaker 1: He's got your voting up on the world famous Live Dolphins Cry a perfect circle, Judith, what a great song.
Speaker 2: Crash Test Dummies, What a weird song. The name of the song is m mmm mmm mmmm. This song was in regular rotation.
Speaker 1: At one point I felt like an idiot every time here's Crash Test Dummies and the mmm song.
Speaker 2: Come on, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Come on, wacky Canadians, that's what you get, weirdos. I am not one ten percent chance of rain. Partly cloudy today, high of eighty five. Go outside, touch Grass, beautiful day today, read my lips. Some of you are already sending to your word suggestions. Obviously, you know Chili's playing Mac Little Am I saying that, right, Chili, I don't want to be mispronouncing that the entire show.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've done it before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Litle Litele, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Matt.
Speaker 1: Litele is gonna be joining you. He's gonna be taking you on at eight twenty today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's ready for a whooping.
Speaker 2: Okay, you keep saying that somebody's gonna be getting whooped, Dude, somebody is gonna get whooped today. You're right.
Speaker 6: I only came here to do two things, post block stories and kick some asks.
Speaker 5: Looks like I'm out of block stories today.
Speaker 7: Woo.
Speaker 1: If you got all the links up, I'm impressed. I sent you a lot of stuff today.
Speaker 5: I'm not yet, but he sounded good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm like, there's no way you got all that stuff up already. All right, links and guests is going to be packed.
Speaker 1: So you vote for your throwback Thursday and then just get ready for read my Lips. You have to email me you're reading my lips words suggestions, Mac Litle and Chili. Email me Rod the buzz dot com. Some of you have already started sending me words. Doesn't have to be something that was said on the show. So but listen, we're gonna be very, very busy today, very busy today.
Speaker 7: It's not time for the first phone today.
Speaker 2: It looks like Morgan got through first. Hello Morgan, Hello, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Morgan? What you're doing?
Speaker 8: I'm hoping to watch everyone a good Holy Friday and everyone has a good Easter.
Speaker 1: I want everybody to have a good Easter too. Let's not forget if you are a Catholic. Today is Holy Thursday. What's the significance of today? The Last Supper? Everyone's seen the picture Judas, But yeah, and then and then. I don't Morgan would know this more than me. She sounds like she's smart. I think it was like washing of feet tonight. He's no better than them feet washing going on?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: I think it was yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But yeah, we're getting ready. There's been things going on all week. It's the holiest week of the year for Catholics.
Speaker 9: Is chill?
Speaker 1: We going to wash our feet today? That'd be awesome. It'd be very very nice, Morgan. Did you color Easter eggs this year?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 8: No, but I'm doing I was volunteering at an egg hunt last year, so I'm hoping to do something like that this year.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I just saw like this number of the amount of people like coloring eggs is way way down this year because of the price of the eggs.
Speaker 2: There's other things that you spend.
Speaker 1: There's other things that you guys are spending money on that is more wasteful than dropping six bucks on a dozen eggs. Don't deny your kid dying eggs because of the egg prices. You keep seeing this on the news. There's other things. Yeah, lose your Spotify.
Speaker 2: Heart radios free everybody.
Speaker 1: So we colored eggs yesterday. I didn't take a picture of it because it looks like ass. I made a lamb cake yesterday. I wait till like deck, we're going to decorate it today. I made a lamb cake today and then the butter lambs being made today. So we've had Easter activities at my house, Morgan, So.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 2: Great, that's awesome. She didn't deny the kid dying. She just sat there like a blob and watched your mom do it great time. That's what the kids do. They sit there like a blob. She's very blobular. They were the greatest things I've ever seen. A Morgan.
Speaker 1: Have a great easter. Thanks for getting the started today. Thank you so much. On the flip got a wreck check for you.
Speaker 2: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 11: Rock and Al.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, throw Back Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's good man. Some of you getting apped for that. Doing some voting this morning.
Speaker 1: Many of you are sending me word suggestions for reading my lips. Thank you very much for that. You can email me directly. Ride at the buzz dot com. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy.
Speaker 2: Hi of eighty five today. All right, Alex working on some trending things over there. What's what's going on?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: Zoom outage is trending.
Speaker 3: Everybody they worked from home and had joom calls yesterday.
Speaker 2: I kind of had a free day because you're welcome. Didn't work for a while. You got time off of work.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, RFK is trending. He's getting some heat for his comments on autism. I believe he said it was preventable and people are not happy about that. And then Puerto Rico blackout is trending. A massive blackout left all of Puerto Rico without power, and that's it's definitely a trending topic.
Speaker 2: But that's just trending at night by the Buzz. All right, Oh we got a new champion. Yeah we knew.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was getting Other John's speech ready, but I'm sorry, Other John, We're not We're not playing your speech today.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody. This is three time Hall of Famer Doubles seven Sean Connery. You gotta trust me when I say I really do like other Johns, but when it comes time to playing this game, you gotta get out of the way. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think you can beat double O seven, he's a three time Hall of Famer, as he said, seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 14: Well sure, we thanks by this.
Speaker 2: Here's the Ron Ryan Show. True that keeps on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five. But good morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday, Fix the Grand Thursday. You kidding me?
Speaker 1: I haven't had a chance to take a look yet. I'm sure some of you have. I know some of you have actually ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy skies, highs up around eighty five.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's the day we play Read my Lips. You guys are doing a great job.
Speaker 1: A bunch of emails coming in Read my Lips emails go directly to me and me only Rod at the buzz dot Com Chili taking on listener math today.
Speaker 2: All right, let's play a game.
Speaker 15: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners. Oh, this guy's paying the ass. I gotta change the music up for him, all right. Sean Connery, welcome back, Hey, good morning, everybody has really.
Speaker 1: Good man, three time Hall of Famer. You took out a two time hof yesterday.
Speaker 2: Other John. Let's see if you can continue.
Speaker 4: Your winning ways.
Speaker 2: Bro right, you're taking on Shelley. We know Shelley.
Speaker 1: Shelley, did you.
Speaker 2: Play the goat? Did you play the goat last year? Maybe or something?
Speaker 4: What happened with you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: I played to get back in March last year, Shelley Shaw.
Speaker 12: This year, Shelley, have it and so he ate me up and spit me out.
Speaker 2: He was Ah, she showed Shelley by the She sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, you lost to the goat, but you won a couple of games before him.
Speaker 2: He's the one that like stopped your run.
Speaker 7: No, no, I didn't win anything before him.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just came in here before that, just came in here like a little lamb.
Speaker 4: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome back. It doesn't get much easier. You got double O seven Sean Connery here. I mean, why do you pick the days to call in on the like some of the best.
Speaker 2: Players we have.
Speaker 16: Well, he has the name of like one of the sexiest actors.
Speaker 7: You can't pass that up.
Speaker 2: You're playing bull charge.
Speaker 1: All right, Shelley, Sean Connery, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Chili is offering up a pair of tickets to see the Mars Volta Live October twenty eighth of the seven three years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow concert tickets again, very generous.
Speaker 7: Good luck.
Speaker 2: All right, Shelly, you got to shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: You, I mean, quickly? Okay, you got it? All right, I do have it. I know Sean Connery has it too.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number one, what type of doctor provides medical care?
Speaker 2: Sean, he went early? Go ahead? Double oh seven?
Speaker 1: Chartiologist, cardiologists for the buzzer.
Speaker 2: Shelley, Shelley, Shelley, Shelley, Shelley. Oh that's Kelly. That's a Kelly song. We have not a Shelley song.
Speaker 1: Here comes your question, Shelley, what type of doctor provides medical care to animals?
Speaker 7: Veterinarian?
Speaker 2: Veterinarian gets the U gets the ding ding dinger. Shelley's on the board. Double come on with Sean speed again? Yeah, right, Okay, Shelley's on the board, like, what's happening here?
Speaker 4: Question number two?
Speaker 1: What character did Harrison Ford portray? Sure, Sean could be going early?
Speaker 5: Well, he did go early.
Speaker 2: Where are you going with this?
Speaker 16: Han?
Speaker 2: Solo? Yours is so lucky? I wasn't going to Indiana Jones on that? What character did Harrison Ford portray in the Star Wars movies on solo?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: You lucked out on that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean Indiana Jones is equally as popular he's playing He's played a ton.
Speaker 1: But those are the two that I view that question as a true fifty fish stay seven nights, Get off my plane, sir, all right, seven on the board.
Speaker 2: Shelly, I thought you had it. I was going with Indiana Jones. You were going to go in d C. I think that was a fifty to fifty question. All Right, you guys are gonna have to chime in on this.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: How many sides does a pentagon have? Shelley early. He did want to go early, but he wasn't gonna do it. Three times, double o seven? Fine Winter.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Did Shelley start her wind up halfway through the question was she going? I think he did?
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 3: That was you?
Speaker 2: That was you, Sean, Sean.
Speaker 7: I think we both did.
Speaker 1: I mean that was the wind up, all right, Shelley. Fun game today, Thanks for playing. Thank you coming when we got some first time fresh fisher or something.
Speaker 2: You know, Man, I keep trying danser the phone, like the phone. Well, Chili doesn't have the phones.
Speaker 16: We know that.
Speaker 7: But I do like you.
Speaker 2: You've got to you kind of got that.
Speaker 1: To be the best, you gotta beat the best, and you're going after some good players here, Shelley, So I like that you got some sand.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: All right, Shelley, thank you for playing. Sean Connery. Sean, Connery here, we're here tomorrow. You want to fly? Absolutely? All right? Bro, nice game rod Ryan Show. Have you used to I'm here.
Speaker 4: The bus.
Speaker 2: S ninety four or five the bus?
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan's Show throw back Thursday. Have you sent me some word suggestions yet?
Speaker 4: Some of you have? Some of you have.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got a pretty good chunk of emails here, but that still means most of you have.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 2: Make today the day.
Speaker 1: That you send me an email and you say Rod tried this word out for reading my lips. I think it'll kill all right, Let's get some I got some, I got some. You know, stand by people that are always sending me great words. Love you, love every one of you. Let's get some new people in here. Let's get some fresh blood emailing me some word suggestions.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of ring partly cloudy. High of eighty five today A fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody, double O seven Sean Connery.
Speaker 13: Now you're fresh out of bed head to head two days champion. Yeah, shame on anyone you thought this three time Hall of Famer was gonna one pump jumping. Join me on free beer Friday, when I make it when when number three bitch is.
Speaker 17: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of your body, It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: Got some fun facts for you and I got the other big baldy in the room. Hi, Hell, I'll see you dude, Brodney, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Been a couple of days, dude. Good to have you back in the room with us. Coachella.
Speaker 1: Ever been on your bucket list to go out there and sweat in the desert with Paris Hilton.
Speaker 2: And Flower Crown watch a bunch of bands.
Speaker 10: I think there was a day I probably would have done that at a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: That's the reason.
Speaker 1: The only reason why we know Coachella. You know that's the area it's called Coachella, right, Coachella Valley.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only reason we know about is because of the festival.
Speaker 1: That's going on last weekend and this weekend. Coachella began as a typo. The town in California was founded over a century ago. It was originally going to be called Conchilla, after the Spanish word for the small white snail shells found in the valley's sandy soil. Oh, what are we doing tongue twisters, sandy soil conchillas like a conch But in the original materials the printer misspelled conchilla as Coachella, and rather than redo everything, they just went with the misspelling.
Speaker 2: Right, that sounds cool. Let's just go with that fun fact.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 2: None of my teachers did that, now, did Weirdo Yankovic? Did he make his first Coachella appearance ever last Weekend? Yes, with your Gabba Gabba. Yeah, he went on stage right.
Speaker 1: Well, Weirdo Yankovic started the Volcano Worshippers Club in his high school in California.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 1: A weird el was always weird. Yeah, he lived up to the name always weird. So the Volcano Worshippers Club, this high school club that was sanctioned in his high school. He said they didn't actually worship volcanoes. They just were trying to get away to get another photo of themselves in.
Speaker 2: The Yearbook's pretty smart.
Speaker 1: Uh and uh stop if you've heard this one before. You get a car, and you get a car, and you get a car. Who famously did that, alex Oprah Winfrey. That's right, she gave everyone in her audience a car. I was back in two thousand and four, Fellas.
Speaker 2: Twenty one years ago, twenty two years ago?
Speaker 4: How long ago?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 4: A long ago?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 4: They all had to pay a tax or something.
Speaker 1: They all and everybody left that show. You walked into Oprah that day, you had whatever you had.
Speaker 2: You left the show owing the irs six thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But you did get a car. But you know those are the dirty behind the scenes things.
Speaker 2: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, I got tickets to go see Volbeat and Hailstorm July twenty ninth, seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: Fuck, let's see what do we do yesterday? How about this? What technology that I think almost all of us use now.
Speaker 1: Is named after a tenth century Scandinavian king known to combine tribes into one kingdom. Little clue that should get you there, that should get us to the correct answer. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain cash.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm surprised he came in today. Well, yesterday sucked. Yeah, thanks, I you didn't do it, but you did most of it. What did you do yesterday? What happened on Wall Street yesterday? No, it wasn't your fam I was in New York, so okay. The Dow yesterday down six hundred and ninety nine points. Kick off this morning at thirty nine thousand, six hundred and ninety nine MASSDAC down five hundred and sixteen to sixteen thousand, three h seven. Benchmart ten year treasuries trading at a four point three percent, and oil stands at sixty three dollars twenty four cents of barrel two. The most actives the big studs, Travelers, Bowing and Chevron. The big duds Navidia, am Jen and Apple.
Speaker 10: A pretty busy economic calendar this morning at numbers on housing starts, also building permits for March right now. Futures well, the doubt features are down. Come on, let's turn this baby rand.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: I'm out here. This is Howland manage.
Speaker 10: Director Wooden Ramon Jans suporter for the Rock Ryns Show from Raymond James on Samflip Been Augustin.
Speaker 4: Don't forget the boys rock out, We just talk out.
Speaker 18: Bamian's expressed are those of aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Thank come ever, NYC, as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention.
Speaker 7: We'll continue.
Speaker 18: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational servioses on like Bestuds of Duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: YA ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back, rod Ryan Show. Sure, okay, who we got on the phone here? Hello, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: My name is Annie Jackson. Annie. How are you? Oh heck, I'm all right this morning. How about Bill?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 2: I'm awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking Annie. I don't remember you being on this show before. I could be wrong. It's one of those names, Annie, Annie Jackson. Have I forgotten the times you've been on with us before?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, sir, first down caller, No kidding, dude, great to have you on.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see if let's see we can poke this through. What is the technology I'm looking for? Named after a tenth century Scandinavian king.
Speaker 4: Bluetooth.
Speaker 2: Bluetooth. Annie, you're a winner, first time caller, first time winner.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Yeah, dude, great track record, Dude, put your money on Annie.
Speaker 2: Moving forward.
Speaker 1: Bluetooth named after that tenth century Scandinavian king Harald Bluetooth. He united Danish tribes into one kingdom. And then when the bluetooth technology was invented, they picked the name because it was it was a unifying way of machines communicating with one another.
Speaker 2: All right, that was boring. Annie, Congratulations, you win. I'm gonna give you vult Beat Hailstorm tickets. July twenty nine, seven win to three Music Hall.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah dude, that's a great win today. Man, have an awesome day. Okay, you do, Thank you, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four the bus station from iHeart Radio, The rod Rillian Show on the Buzz, Right, ninety four to five The Buzz, the.
Speaker 1: Linkoln Park one step closer. They're headlining the music blog page.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make you go and take a look at that.
Speaker 1: Alex is gonna talk about some of the things that are on the music blog page today. But Alex, tell everybody, Uh, tell everybody what kind of start I'm off to on reading my lips?
Speaker 2: How many words do I have written down?
Speaker 11: None?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What am I doing? I'm over here? None words? Pulling the goalie down? All right, she'd write some down. I gotta stud that.
Speaker 1: I gotta start writing some words down. Great emails are coming to seem better than none. I see a ton of emails that say, read my lips. I will stop pulling the goalie.
Speaker 2: Been a busy first out.
Speaker 1: I will start writing down some words that you guys are suggesting. Keep the emails coming in. My pro want to go through everyone that is labeled read my lips. Partly cloudy ten percent chance of rain hides up around eighty five. Today, Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone, Good morning, home room good.
Speaker 3: While tariffs are a huge political topic around the globe, two used huge Chinese e commerce sites are reacting to the sudden increase in costs. Timu and Sheen have increased alright, as they are planning to increase prices for US customers starting next week. A directing response to the President Trump's terrif pikes cut in there yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm never worried from me either, So get in there, dude. No, I support American businesses.
Speaker 1: You can buy a machete for like twelve You can get a machete for twelve blocks.
Speaker 2: And I'm not giving the Chinese my money unless it's on a phone. But it's a machete. Yeah, about twelve dollars, I shouldn't be trusted to pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, I don't need to do that, all right, So neither company provided details about the size of the increases. The one hundred and forty five percent tariff Trump placed on most products in China, along with the decision to end a custom exemption that allows goods worth less than eight hundred dollars to come into the US duty free, has caused both platforms to reassess how they do business with the United States.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, order that stuff, why you can.
Speaker 3: California Governor Gavin Newsom and state Attorney General Rob Bonta announced yesterday that they have filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration challenging the legality of President Trump's newly imposed tariffs.
Speaker 2: The lawsuit, submitted to the U. S.
Speaker 3: District Court for the Northern District of California argues that the administration's use of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act to enforce tariffs is unlawful without congressional approval. The Trump administration defends the tariffs, asserting that they are necessary to address persistent trade deficits affecting American industries and workers.
Speaker 2: Cool the song for the best part of the story. Have you got your tax refund yet? Dude, I just filed for an ex really may have. If you blew it all, would you get well?
Speaker 3: If a senior writer for CNN Business posted a list of four smart things that you can do with your.
Speaker 1: Refund, machetes on Timu has to be number one, It's actually not Timu.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even on the top four.
Speaker 1: Timu machetes number five they didn't much. Okay, it would have been an honorable mention everything on Timu. So some of the four things were paying off credit cards.
Speaker 3: The average APR is twenty percent, So if you pay off now instead of a year from now, it's like making a twenty percent risk free return on an investment. You could be starting an emergency fund. With the economy being so iffy, you could invest it. Since stock prices are down, it might be a good time to let your money make money, and then you can also buy something that might cost more later.
Speaker 2: So maybe this is maybe your TIMU and you're sin if if.
Speaker 3: You're worried about the tariffs causing things to go up in price, and get it now before the price hikes.
Speaker 2: Amanda Bines is now on only Fans.
Speaker 3: We talked about this yesterday, but don't be expecting any sexual content from her.
Speaker 2: She says disclaimer.
Speaker 3: I'm doing OnlyFans so I can chat with my fans through direct messages. I won't be posting any sleazy content.
Speaker 2: Why do it on OnlyFans? I don't know. I think people like just chatting with people, and you're like, this is the way I can do it.
Speaker 4: To do that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Probably i'd imagine, you know, like give everybody your email.
Speaker 3: But also if you say you're on OnlyFans, like I've wanted to do, Like I don't like putting paywall stuff for my podcast, but it'd be funny to do like exclusive stuff. It's just on only fans, but it's not sexual in any nature. It's just like here's an extra episode. We just posted it on only fans, I guess. I mean the name OnlyFans gets people listening. If you're like, she's on ROD videos, like you like what is ROD videos?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know what that is? If you like OnlyFans? Oh okay, I've heard of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my question to you is there is an expectation when you hear about somebody being on OnlyFans.
Speaker 2: You know what you're going there for. You're perfect? Can you do whatever you want on only Fans?
Speaker 3: I think so including it's just nothing you're trying to put people behind a paywall, yeah, because I think there was some actress that they were like, she's not even showing nudes, and it's like, you don't have to show nudes. You're subscribing? Do you research first Fellas?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, you can get a subscription to Amanda Bynes is only Fans in Chat with her for just fifty bucks a month.
Speaker 2: Think of that Rod, But she's a loose can and she might whip on a bean every now and then maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you if you're like that side of it, then that's what you're that's what you're joining.
Speaker 3: You hope for that like, oh wow, look what I got The Who fired their longtime drummer, Zach Starkey, who also happens to be Ringo Starr's son, because they were unhappy with his playing at recent shows. Zach's been with the band for twenty nine years. They were apparently not impressed with him during their recent shows for the Teenage Cancer Trust in London. The band says it was a collective decision and that they quote have nothing but respect.
Speaker 2: For Zach and wish him the very best for his future. Did you know that Ringo Starr's son was the drummer The Who. I knew that his son was also a drummer, I did not know that it was true. Yeah, Zach Starky. This is a band that I mean, he's gotta be talented. Ringo is the best beat.
Speaker 1: This is a band who their original drummer, Moon the Loon, Keith Moon Great Name took Elephant Tranquilizers was before a show, played about two songs. Okay, by the third song, he passed out in the middle of the song and they had to finish the song with no drums, just rock and roll. Baby grabbed him, put them in a shower, shot him up with something to wake him up.
Speaker 2: Came back out and played. He didn't get fired. This guy got fired. That was the old.
Speaker 7: This is the new.
Speaker 2: The their old drummer took elephant tranquilizers before a show. Maybe they were mad that he wasn't taking elephant tranquilizers. Maybe that was it. They were trying to push tranquilizer on his No, all right, how many more shows does The Who have in him? I don't know. They just get a drummer in there for what the ten last shows they have? I mean, who's gonna get somebody to fill in?
Speaker 3: But well, of course that issued a statement saying that he was surprised and sad, and but added that he was very out of his nearly thirty years with The Who, and says that he remains their biggest fan to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he probably is the longest tenured drummer of that band. It's pretty cool though, But Teas and piece to Zach, all right, those are using headlines.
Speaker 1: Fire Festival two is not happening. That's on the music walk pacee ah Man.
Speaker 2: Who could have seen that comment. It's officially not happening. They're sending out refunds. It always happens to the best people. You know that means people bought tickets. Yeah they did, dude, Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Sports, the Askers lost to the Cardinals yesterday.
Speaker 2: Four to one. They're now eight and ten on the season so far.
Speaker 3: They'll have a day off before opening up a weekend series with the Padres tomorrow night at dyke In Park. In basketball, there were two more NBA playing games last night. The Heat got by the Bulls one o nine to ninety and the Mavericks beat the Kings one twenty to one oh six.
Speaker 2: So Bulls and Kings are eliminated for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: There are no games tonight, but tomorrow the Heaton Hawks and Mavericks and Grizzlies will play for the eighth seeds in their conference playoffs.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 11: Eatstone's Rocking Alternatives The Road.
Speaker 7: Ray Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for.
Speaker 2: Sticking with us. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, Hands off those snakies. We have a lot of ground to cover today.
Speaker 1: On the show, I got Summer of Loud tour tickets for you. That's the Ie Prevail, Bear Tooth Kill Switch Engage tickets are on sale now.
Speaker 2: I've got tickets for you coming up after the break.
Speaker 1: Reap my lips. Of course, we'll be next hour. Alex yelled at me, said, I gotta get.
Speaker 2: Moving on games. We geting getting some of these words down.
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I started getting some words together, so we're off to a great start.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Pop. Lollygaggon, keep sending me your emails. I was lolly and gagging. Keep sending me your word suggestions. Right at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got mac Lytele coming in, Litle taking on the Chile at a twenty.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: I've loved, I have loved having the studio interaction with you guys coming in and joining us. Yesterday's Chubby Bunny was great. I hope you went back and checked it out. I got real busy yesterday. I still haven't gone back to watch the video, but there's video of it that you can go to the Buzz Instagram, go to our YouTube channel, which I need to push more at rod Ryan. Our YouTube channel smash that subscribe button. Do it do me a solid today? Hit us up on Instagram at rod Ryan Show and YouTube at rod Ryan Show. All right, probably Claude's guys percent Champces of Rain high of eighty five. Tomorrow's the last day for local bands to apply for Bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde. Thank you to our friends over at Carbock. One local band is gonna get things started outday Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, out of the Woodlands Pavilion. So all the details are on the main frame by lug Onto thebuzz dot com Fix the Grand Thursday. Yeah, looking at girls. Sometimes there's articles on there. You know what's coming back?
Speaker 2: What's coming back? It's a good thing you got you guys, have me around to tell you these things. Who's going to keep you guys young and fresh and hip?
Speaker 1: Von Dutch is on its way back Von Dutch. Okay, I didn't know what it was. I didn't see much of it in New Orleans. I got here in two thousand and four. When I got here, that's must have been when it was Hitten and Houston may have been a little early on it, but Britney spears Von Dutch t shirts, hats. I remember her wearing it, and I remember, yeah, somebody here at to say. I don't know if Teresa ever wore that stuff.
Speaker 2: She might have. She's pretty hip on that stuff. Early on. Did Von Dutch become super douchey.
Speaker 5: It didn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like. It wasn't like ed Hardy. Ed Hardy became douchey.
Speaker 1: I think the I think the kids in Jersey Shore gravitated towards that stuff, and that kind of sealed the deal.
Speaker 15: A bar.
Speaker 1: I remember back in the day, a bar said no entry with any ed Hardy gear or anything that looks like something worn on the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 2: They didn't want you in their bar. Von Dutch never really became that huh No.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like skate culture. I don't know that they made skate stuff. I think so multure.
Speaker 1: I think some hats are showing up at Coachella. So I've got I've got the trends that are back from the dead. Brace yourself. It does include Von Dutch in there, so I always thought it was kind of neat. I don't think I ever bought anything.
Speaker 2: I think that guy was a painter. Here's a pinstriper like it was. Yes, did you know anything about Von Dutch? No, I mean I knew what like the clothing, I know the clothing being worn. It was named after a guy that was in like the car culture, and I think he was a pinstriper. I think that's where it comes from.
Speaker 1: And then this closing, I don't know if it was a family member or somebody that ran with the name, But then everybody was wearing it, Ashton Kutcher.
Speaker 2: Everybody was wearing that Von Dutch stuff so popular. All right, that's why you got me around, guys, okay, and Von Dutch stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you the green light to bust out your Von Dutch stuff if you if you hung on to any of it, or go out and buy.
Speaker 2: It at three times the price now not buy it now? All right, I gotta take a short break.
Speaker 1: I got a really hot Von Dutch girl on the Looking at Girls blog page today on the flip got a wreck.
Speaker 2: Check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get you those those great concert tickets. Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan Morning Show six ninety four or Buzz. Just like the man said, it's throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do song clips coming up. Let's talk about what you guys are voting on this morning. Early early votes, it's low, but let's get you excited about it.
Speaker 2: So song clips, Alex, if we can get those locked and loaded in, we'll get into that. I've got those Summer of Loud Tour tickets coming your way. We'll talk about that. You're doing a great job. Everybody sending me word suggestions.
Speaker 1: I've finally started to pay attention to all these emails that are coming in, so I'm working on that hardly.
Speaker 2: Claudia's guys, ten percent chance of rain highs of around eighty five. Okay, let's what you got trending thanks on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Is currently trending Selene Castle was submitted to us by listener Tobin, and a lot of people are checking her out this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm going right now.
Speaker 3: Also trending is Michelle Trachtenberg, the actress that passed away a couple of weeks ago. Then, as to her cause of death, it was something called diabetes melitis melotus, and a lot of people are also researching diabetes melotis. Yeah, she was so young, terrible and then Fire Festival too trending. It's been postponed indefinitely.
Speaker 2: It's not happening.
Speaker 1: Actually, with an eyes upset, she's like, my gosh, I can't believe you talked about that on the air.
Speaker 2: Maybe Fine has always been such a reputable guy. I had to imagine that. She had a cute top picked out for it and everything. She was all ready to go. She's like, I'm gonna have to just wear that to Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: Now, I guess, so that's a good that's a good alternative bus as will actually happen.
Speaker 2: But that's his training. I nini find the bus. Oh my goodness. Sorry, I'm uh with Instagram. Yeah, I think real. It is everything real here. I don't know, man, come on, I don't know what is what.
Speaker 7: Is that real?
Speaker 2: Those hips are real. I'm not a great judge of this.
Speaker 5: I have not either.
Speaker 2: I'll believe whatever though. All right, all right, we got a good one in there for you. Wow, Oh my goodness. All right, let's talk about these tickets.
Speaker 4: What do I have?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm completely distracted by her Instagram. Those hips are never lying.
Speaker 1: Pair of tickets to go see the Summer of Loud too or twenty twenty five. I Got I Prevail, Bear Tooth, kill Switch Engage, Parkway Drive Double, Where's Praduct? The Amity Affliction, an Alpha.
Speaker 2: Wolf All on one Bill June twenty eight, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Sure ticketmaster dot Com has your tickets. But you know what's better than that? Three ninety nine, Yeah it is right here on The Rod Ryan Show. I'm looking for cold at number ten seven, one, three, two.
Speaker 11: Hey kids, look, it's the Easter Bunny.
Speaker 2: Actually, kids, it's the non denominational spring Bunny. Spring Bunny. Yay?
Speaker 5: What is Easter Bunny offensive to non Catholics?
Speaker 2: Spring Bunny doesn't know? When did this start? Why don't we stop busting Spring Bunny's ball? This is the Ron Ryan Show. Three back keeps on ninety four five, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us Song Throwback Thursday. I love doing song clips talking about the music that we've got for you to vote on today. We'll get into it just a moment.
Speaker 1: Park The Claudi's Guy's ten percent chance of ring highs up around eighty five.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Hello, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: I what's your name?
Speaker 2: Ryan?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 2: Ryan, how are you doing well?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Guys?
Speaker 1: Talking a little trash, playing the hits, Just trying to get by, dude, I'm just trying to get by, trying to not get trying to protect the license, the FCC license, so of KTVZ Houston. I'm trying not to say anything that blows the whole thing up, you know. So I'm trying to do you as you ask me, what's going on?
Speaker 5: That's what I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm protecting the license of this radio station so that it can continue broadcasting every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, heavy as the Crown, as they say, dude, your color ten no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give you these these tickets. I mean this might mean go ahead, go ahead, now, this might be the best value. When you look at the sheer number of bands on this thing, it's like a festival. It's I Prevail, Bear Tooth, kill Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, Devilwaar's produ of the Amity Affliction in Alpha Wolf. If you're gonna be buying one concert ticket you want to see like the most music, this might be the show.
Speaker 2: The Summer of Loud Tour. Congrats, dude, I appreciate it, man, I'm yeah. The last thing I want from Neil was actually your twentieth anniversary show. So that was almost like a little festival itself. That was a festival, and that was a great time. That was oh yes, so much fun.
Speaker 13: I got to be second second row for that one.
Speaker 2: That was fun. You you worked your way so you must have gotten in line pretty early or you just kind of wormed your way up out there, got there early, way to go right, You got.
Speaker 13: There early, walked every show, stayed right there.
Speaker 4: The whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it was great. It was great, Yes, sir, all right, dude, Well I appreciate it, guys, I appreciate you. Dude.
Speaker 1: Happy Easter, Okay, I don't think I've told anybody happy, have a great Easter.
Speaker 2: Hang on for me, all right? What do you know about these weirdos? Was this one hit wonder Adam Sandler movie. I feel like I just watched this was.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, is it in Dumb and Dumber? We're on the right track, You're right. I wasn't gonna bring that up. This is the oldest song in there. This is this is early nineties, this might be ninety three. And it was being played in regular rotation, at least in Buffalo it was. I don't know if it was in regular rotation with you guys, but they're a Canadian band.
Speaker 5: Love them, I don't love them?
Speaker 2: You love them? Well, movie I can't find it? You can't. I My guess would be I was, damn it all right, we emails are going crazy. They'll tell us what movie this is in. This is one of the songs that you can vote on today for Throwback Thursday. Sorry, let me get away from this sistagram. It's like my mouse won't let me get off the page.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Crushed at Stummies is in second place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I just know how this week's gonna go. But like crash Test Stummies would be a fun winner, what it? Yeah, I don't want the one that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Win to win. This is what I'm going. Goddamn, I'm gonna drop something on you. Drop it like it's hot.
Speaker 9: Soon.
Speaker 2: Radio Wizard's gonna have to look this up.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know he's been keeping track of everything. He's been keeping books on everything.
Speaker 2: This may have been in the very.
Speaker 1: First Throwback Thursday ever, and it was suggested by Dinah. Really yes, for some reason, I think she kind of just pulled this song completely out of her behind, and I was happy about it because I love it.
Speaker 2: This is lived of this, This is Live Dolphins Cry, Chili Loves Live. I think five Rocks. This was not on Throwing Copper. I don't think nineteen ninety nine album. I believe the second one.
Speaker 4: It was after that.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Chili knows Throwing Likini's juice on it. I think it was the second album. I think ninety nine. It is ninety nine, it is ninety nine. I remember this one. I remember like where I was when we were playing this, So I was in Albany, New York, nineteen ninety nine. Let's go, Let's go bro, let's go, nice collab. This is in last place. Ninety four was Throwing Copper.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, this was on the follow up then now in first place. This is Don't Hate Dude.
Speaker 2: This is the winner. That's Josh Freeze, my un night and vote. This is the winner for Dolphins.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 2: That's Josh Freese.
Speaker 1: The kit has Lynn chanton whatever the hell her name is on bass, and of course your friend not Mine Maynard on vocals. This is a perfect circle. The song is about his mom named Judas.
Speaker 2: Such Starshion the lesson.
Speaker 11: Shoot it to me.
Speaker 2: It's one of the best rock videos of all time. And it's just a performance video. It's in a studio, so it's them playing.
Speaker 1: It's a performance video in the fact that it's them on their instruments and nothing more than that. It's not a live performance though. It's them in a warehouse. And I want to say, like some big time director made the video too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about dolphins crying because I don't think so. They don't. They don't mention any dolphins anything went on at all. That's what I care about. But the song about his mom.
Speaker 1: For years he would not perform it live, and then last time they came around, people told me, Rod, oh my god, he did Judith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some very very angry song. It's in first place. You said, you're not surprised, A perfect circle. Perfect This always wins. I feel like when it's in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty four percent of the vote, a PC thirty one percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: CTDs crash has dummy. Sorry I never called him the CTDs. I always call him that just man. Then L the El's the Elves with DC fourteen percent of the vote. All right, where do you vote? Well, Chilly's got you set up on links.
Speaker 1: Some guests today, Ron Ryan, Pappy Easter, be sure to wash the eggs or that funny could give you pink eye on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The budd ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Hubus Dang Crawling in the Dark. It's your rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday, fix the graand Thursday wah wah we Links and guests is on fire right now, absolutely on fire. Where's Mac? I can't see on the Let me look on the Facebook. The computer is locked up here in the studio. But it looks like Chili is still so roan ery. He looks like he's by himself. Chili, I can't really see any updated like the big TV here. I can't see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the system went down, so I'm working on it right now.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: It must be that dust s hearn Thus coming through or whatever.
Speaker 2: Probably the Judith talk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chili, I need you, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's up? I need you to talk to me about white rappers? Could you help me with this?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, he doesn't see color. Have you seen these AI generated images? And it's a bunch of Mount Rushmore's of this and this and this. It's a way of like doing the top four, but AI is putting these things together. It's like, I think we're the only ones that don't have AI action figures right now.
Speaker 2: Those are big right now too.
Speaker 1: Someone posted an AI generated image of the Mount Rushmore of White Rappers and Eminem was first.
Speaker 2: Mac miller Paul Wall made the made the the the.
Speaker 5: Mount because he's the people's champ, and Russ.
Speaker 2: Are U s S. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not familiar with Russ me neither.
Speaker 1: MGK caught wind of this and said there there was a very important omission on the Mount Rushmore of white rappers, and he said, quote me, not on the white rapper Mount Rushmore is blasphemy.
Speaker 6: Chili thoughts. Should MGK be up there? Hell no, He got ran out of the genre by Eminem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wild boy though. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But he he started doing like a battle, like a like a beef like a rap battle with Eminem and then Eminem they had a little thing going on, and then after that he never made it. So he had a switch to rock alternative rock, and you never heard nothing from him after that on the hip hop scene. Okay, Now there are plenty of artists better than MGK, Like you could have put Beastie Boys up.
Speaker 2: There, three of them though, that's my question.
Speaker 1: Still, My question was are Beastie Boys? When you think Beastie Boys, are they rap?
Speaker 2: Out of the gate? Is that the first thing you think of with the beast Boys? Are they rap?
Speaker 3: Is kind of their own thing, but they do rap? But then you have to put that's then it's Eminem and the Beastie Boys. It's the Mount Rushmore. You have to respect the exercises. Four people off on Mount Rushmore. That's all them, right, Okay, so you could have put somebody else. Groups don't work. I think if you want, Mac Miller makes sense. Where's post? His post not up there? Is Jack Harlow not up there.
Speaker 5: Jack Harlow's not that good.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 3: Did I'm just asking did Little Dickie did snow Jeezy did snow walk?
Speaker 2: So all of these guys were talking about could run ye yes or no?
Speaker 5: You can't crawls so they could walk?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's gotta be some whatever, there's gotta be some. But Canadian mount but that's mountains, that's kind of.
Speaker 5: That's kind of reggae ish.
Speaker 1: Listen, I think you I don't think you could do a a Mount Rushmore and not mentioned the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 2: But would they just be stacked on top of each other?
Speaker 4: It counts as one like that.
Speaker 2: I agree Totem pull it.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna do that, I would say mac Eminem Beastie Boys, And then who do you put it for?
Speaker 2: Post Malone right now is like, are you gonna put logic? Logic's really good? Yeah, you're right? Are you guys just kicking Paul Wall from Houston? I like Paul Wall, but I don't know if that trans that's everywhere else?
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I would have put like, believe it or not, Kid Rock was.
Speaker 4: A rapper.
Speaker 2: Kid, but he's not known for that. That's why I was asking.
Speaker 5: You got Bubba Sparks.
Speaker 1: He's not the all time, He's not like the four, he's not the fourth all time greatest Action Bronson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you got a lot of underground like artists have never made it mainstream.
Speaker 2: That are like and that's why they don't make them Mount Rushmore because they're on the post just by what he's done. He's got like Drake type cumbers.
Speaker 6: But you got yellow Wolf yellow Wolf all time.
Speaker 2: Note, Yeah, he's not He's not Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 11: That's not the thing.
Speaker 2: Like I think Paul Walls up there, but he's not Mount Rushman. You're not just naming white rappers. Now, we're talking about the four greatest of all time.
Speaker 6: You gotta put Iggy Iggy Azalea in there. Call but she fantasy all right, cash that kind of guys wrapped.
Speaker 1: Sometimes some people are saying I hate to play Alex here, but some are saying, there already is a Mount Rushmore of white rappers, and it's called Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: If you never heard Abraham Lincoln spitting rod, that guy was first score and seven years ago. It's one of the greatest raps of all time? Is a Mount Rushmore rappers? George watching, I cannot tell a lie Rod.
Speaker 5: Yes, do you consider Everlast a rapper?
Speaker 2: Yeah? From House of Payne, I do, I do. I just don't think he's an all time guy. I think he's had. I think he gets maybe he's top fifteen, top ten, but I think it's Mac Post Beastie Boys, imminet Okay, Paul wal this conversation. I like Paul. This conversation did not go well. Beastie boys, does he get to be a totem Paul on it?
Speaker 6: He's not gonna lie. Paul Walls underestimated. They don't see him like because he's such a nice guy. He's a friend guy. That's why people I don't see you, you know.
Speaker 1: But it's it's ridiculous, beast these are not on that list, all right. That's they're discussing this on the music blog page.
Speaker 15: The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Throw Back Thursday, A Perfect Circle is still in the lead, but the gap has closed a little bit.
Speaker 2: Lots of votes coming in right now.
Speaker 1: If you haven't voted yet for a Throwback Thursday, I encourage you to do so. Looking for some last minute words suggestions, email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com. Chili is going to be taken on listener Mac at around eight twenty this morning for those live Collective Soul, Our Lady Peace tickets, Live Dolphins Crying. A lot of votes came into that after we played the clip party Claude's guys today ten percent chance of rain highs of around eighty five. Ki Alex, Hello Rod, you voted for dolphins? Cry okay, said Crushed Test Dummies. That song is in Something About Mary?
Speaker 4: That is that so right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like not an Adam Stanley movie, but it's kind of like an Adam sandlor E movie.
Speaker 2: Is that when he's walking away after Brett Favara and he's no, because no Brett, No, no, No. Dumb and Dumber is also Susan Dumb and Dumber at night.
Speaker 4: It was in Dumb.
Speaker 1: Something About Mary had those weird guys playing live during the movie and doing all those funny songs, right, so.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be dumb and dumber. Crush Test Dummies will send all right, let's go. What are Houston's headlines? Good morning, every one.
Speaker 3: Wild tariffs are a huge political topic around the globe. Too huge Chinese e commerce sites are now reacting to the sudden increase in costs. Timu and Sheen have announced that they plan to raise prices for US customers starting next week, a direct response to President Trump's terriff pikes. Neither company provided details about the size of the increases, one five percent tariff Trump placed on most products made in China, long with his decision to end a customs exemption that allows goods worth less than eight hundred dollars to come into the US duty free. You have caused both platforms to reassess how they do business with the United States.
Speaker 2: You just pulled up my TIMU account, So you want to know what I bought.
Speaker 1: You know, I was making fun. I was saying machetes. Yeah, I bought a forged Serbian chef's knife.
Speaker 2: Ah, with a sheath. You're a big fan of Serbian chefs, would handle high carbon steel, wide blade meat cleaver.
Speaker 1: Nice dude, I'm cutting meat at my house like you've never like the Serbs were murdering. Yeah, Oh, don't mess with me. Don't come into my house. Yeah, Voodoo, I'll jump right in front of Voodoo.
Speaker 3: I got here with this cleavey got cleaved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a Serbian chef's knife. Pretty said, it's like twenty six bucks. I've never bought anything off of Team or she All right, what else?
Speaker 3: The Trump administration plans to terminate the IRS Direct File Program, which is a free electronic tax filing system that was launched under the BI administration is designed to simplify and reduce the cost of filing taxes. The program garnered praise from users, but criticism from Republican lawmakers and private tax preparation companies, who argued it was redundant and costly.
Speaker 2: The initiative had been uncertain since the.
Speaker 3: Beginning of Trump's term, with Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency cutting federal projects. While there was initial optimism that Elon's DOGE team might improve direct File IRS staff were instructed to cease work on the file in the twenty twenty six version in March. Critics included Senator Elizabeth Warren in advocacy groups, They denounced the shutdown as favoring commercial tax firms like into It, which have profited from paid tax services.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it's do it Yeah, like, yeah, that's exactly what you're doing.
Speaker 3: A lot of people who work from home got a free day off yesterday, or at least they got to skip their.
Speaker 2: Boring work meetings.
Speaker 3: Zoom was down nationwide for about two hours, and if you tried to log in or join a meeting, you got an error page that said this site cannot be reached. Even Zoom's website wasn't working, Users panicked and flocked to social media to see if it was just him. I always liked that when like if if Facebook's not working, you go into you just type in Facebook down and you see if everybody's like.
Speaker 2: Everybody is everybody else's Facebook down? Yeah, I mean you're okay, good, Thank god. I was trying to play Xbox the other day and it was not working, and it was like Xbox Live down done, Okay, cool, It's not just me. Do you remember the show Zoom, Yes, going to Zoom Zoom Zoom. I don't really remember the show. It was like a Sesame Street type of show. Yes, I think we run it. Yeah, so they would do cool like science experiments like here's how you make ghak. I could do.
Speaker 1: I could talk to you about the Electric Company. I could talk to you about Sesame Street. Obviously, I don't remember Zoom.
Speaker 2: My wife did a funny parody at Zoom or like high school Star Class. It's pretty funny. All right, Well, Zoom was down. Yeah, we had awful work. Hell said that his phones were down yesterday. Yeah, probably because they went through that.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Spotify also went down yesterday and thousands of people couldn't access their music for five hours started at five twenty am and he was back at ten forty five am hour time, but also didn't They also didn't say what caused their adage. So it turns out not everybody can be as awesome as the iHeart Radio app, where it's also free and you can listen.
Speaker 2: To the Rod Ryan Show anytime you want. That's why I recommend the iHeart Radio app F Spotify F Spotify.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk is known to have fourteen kids with four different women, but he might have even more. According to The Wall Street Journal, Elon has a habit of asking women to let him impregnate them.
Speaker 2: That's a weird like, hey, would you mind if I impregnated you? Dude? Your mom is rolling over in her life wife. I was like, hey, you want to go over?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: To impregnate you? Please don't call it that. She's like, son, please stop talking like that on the radio.
Speaker 3: Sometimes Elon even hits these women up on X allegedly, but he uses payoffs and non disclosure agreements to keep them quiet. He also allegedly refers to his children as his legion and a text Elon allegedly sent to one of his baby mamas. He said he needed to impregnate more women quote to reach Legion level before the apocalypse, and said that he will need to use surrogate surrogates to achieve that. I mean, I guess if you're like the one of the richest dudes in the.
Speaker 2: World, like, hey, the richest guy, the richest guy past Bezos. Yeah, okay, I don't know. Tesla Stock was gone, Oh yeah, it works. Yeah, it might be down a little bit, but it was one of, if not the one of thee and you're just like, I can make babies, I can pay for them. It's fighting. You wanna you wanna get in on this, you wanna free ride? It's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an interesting decision. They just have as many kids as possible could field the football team though.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Park is set to headline the UEFA Champions League Final kickoff show it's presented by Pepsi on May thirty first at the Allians Arena in Munich, Germany. This performance marks the band's return to the stage after a seven year hiatus, as well as the release of their new album from Zero, The show's gonna fature a mixture of their classic hits as well as their new material, like we're listening to right now fanats performance live on the UEFA YouTube channel through local broadcasters.
Speaker 2: Those are Euston's headlines. All right, let's switch caps here. What do you got going on? In sports? The Astros lost to the Cardinals yesterday four to one.
Speaker 3: They're now eight and ten on the season so far. I think they've only won back to back games one time so far this season. They got to turned now around. They're gonna have a day off if we're opening up a weekend series with the Padres tomorrow night back at tik In Park. In basketball, there were two more NBA playing games last night. That he got by the Bulls one o nine to ninety and the Mavericks beat the Kings one twenty to one oh six. So the Bulls and Kings are eliminated from the playoffs. There's no games tonight, but tomorrow the Heat and Hawks and Mavericks and Grizzlies will play for the eighth seeds in their respective conferences.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. All right, thank you, I can't see Chili guy is the guy here yet. Yeah, mac lytell are you here? That's who's playing Chilly today. We run on zoom and read my clips. I know something's up with our stuff too. Houston's Rock Houston.
Speaker 11: And the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: We've been out in the bush ninety four or five. The buzz half the way part of the show pave up, It's come down. This is your rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday edition. All right, I'll take a peek. He got me interested. What's your guys? You got me interested in what you guys are voting. It's definitely dumb and dumber. Where the crash Test Dummy song is heard in the in the movie on the soundtrack, it's not helping it, it's got it. Us not knowing what movie it was in put it in last place.
Speaker 1: So you should feel good about that, Alex nineteen percent of the vote. Crush Test Dummies Live Dolphins cried twenty four percent of the vote. Fifty six percent of you say, a perfect circle, Judith is the way to go. Alex knows it deep in his soul that that's going to be the song that wins.
Speaker 2: I told you already. There was this bore. His name was Chilly came from What a man, Chili? You got a friend in there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we already got him here. Mac is here but alone alone Mac? Hold on?
Speaker 2: What is Mac doing here?
Speaker 4: Mac?
Speaker 2: What are you doing here? Chili never loses? I'm ready, man, let's do this. Chili does it? Do you not listen to the show? Chili has never lost? Read my lips? What are you doing here? Why would you just come in?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a it's a it's a it's a week of lambs. I mean, I made a lamb cam, I made a lamb cake last night. I will decorate it today. I'll take pictures, I'll make my famous not so famous butter lamb, and then maybe I'll make a little tribute to the other lamb Mac.
Speaker 2: I mean, to my knowledge, and I think I'm here every day. Chili's never lost read my lips. I don't know why you'd come on on this week? This is it?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 4: Mac?
Speaker 2: Right here in Houston? All right? Very good?
Speaker 1: Well I look forward to meeting you officially when you come in just a moment. Thank you for braving the traffic and coming in to play. Lots of stuff for you on the music blog page, I think you can only cover a couple of things. And we've already talked about Coachella a couple of times. Listen, everybody loves the weekend, right, everybody loves the weekend?
Speaker 2: Who does? Including the artist? That guy, he's a showman.
Speaker 1: He's plotting something called a Ferris Wheel takeover whatever that is. That's going to be the second weekend here at Coachella.
Speaker 2: What's he gonna do?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Just remember I said it. We might be talking about that on Monday. Yeah, what's a Ferris Wheel takeover?
Speaker 2: I want one?
Speaker 1: Philly Buddy, the Elf Lincoln Parks in the end video has surpassed two billion views on YouTube. Keep that in mind, Tuck that away in case I use it for closest to the pin. Six days left before the polls close, the band Phish has a commanding lead in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame fan vote. Bad Company is second, okay, and they're just a bunch of other music stuff that we didn't have time Fire Festival to canceled. They would have thought they're sending people their money back. That means people put money into it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Ignorance, Absolutely ignorance. All right, quick break, let me come back read my lips. If you have some great words and you haven't sent them to me yet, email me Rod at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: I'll do one final scan of my emails.
Speaker 11: Rocks Anatives and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show come.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody. We're gonna introduce you to Mac in just a minute.
Speaker 2: We got listener Mac in studio. He's gonna be taking on the chili on Read my lips.
Speaker 1: I've got nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, partly Claude Skies highs them around eighty five. Yo, Alex yo, Rod, you're on easy Street today. You're just time keeping, just keeping the times. Okay, what's trending?
Speaker 2: Firefi Too continues to tread. Do you believe it? It's not gonna happen. It's been postponed. Definitely. The guy that put the first one together went to jail and then tried to do another one. Yes, and turns out maybe Niobey trusts him. That guy's just gotta go find something else to do. Yeah, do another scam, man. They give it the Hawk two girls. There's so many other scams out there, dude, There's easier ones. Too Instagram.
Speaker 3: Thursday is training again Selene Castle, submitted to us by listener Tobin.
Speaker 2: Lots of people were checking her out this morning. Chili, I know your body. Yes, this is top ten material on the end of the year.
Speaker 4: This girl.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be talking about her in December on your list.
Speaker 4: She's curving.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it almost doesn't seem real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean she was blessed.
Speaker 15: Like if Chili was a chiseler, but chisels, he would chisel her like out of he would chisel, he would like carve her out of marble, out of butter. Yeah, fixta here on Thursday Land ye instead, Yeah, this her butter body is on his table on Eastern morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then zoom outage is trending still because people were talking about.
Speaker 2: Not having to work yesterday because Zoom was down for a couple of hours. That's a trending I not even vived advice. All right, well, Mac, welcome to the studio.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We've met before, we talked about that. We've run into each other. You've been to some Saint Patrick's day parties. Where are you from right here in Houston downtown. Okay, Now I've already told you. You told me that you've heard the show before. Have you ever heard say nothing? If you've ever heard Chili lose on read.
Speaker 2: My lips, I turned off the smike. Chili has lost before, but just not today, Mac. He said, there's something just different. There's something different. What did you have for breakfast, Chili? What did miss Christina make you oat? Neil nice?
Speaker 5: A banana for breakfast?
Speaker 2: Can be more healthy? That is called read my lips fuel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, you know some of the greatest of all time have also lost games.
Speaker 2: Now, Muhammad, I leave. I asked Mac, I said, did you practice? And he goes, well, kind of in the mirror, and I said, wait a minute, what are you doing? Cups and balls? Magic? You you can't practice on your own read my lips. Yeah, he's absolutely right. Like you're the one saying the words. You know what you're saying, He's lost. That's how Chili practices in the mirror. It's like seeing the words.
Speaker 5: Undefeating the house ball washer.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's ball washer.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Let me go over to the phones here, Mac, I feel good about you, but just in case there's a crumble here, good morning.
Speaker 2: Is this Matt yes it is, Matt.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put you on reserve here and I'm going to have you just kind of like in the waiting room here. I have tickets to go see live Collective Soul in Our Lady Peace August fifteenth, seven and three Music Hall. If Mac doesn't pull off the wind, then I'll then then we'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Matt, all right, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Okay, Man, stop getting ready for you're going to drive, Mack.
Speaker 1: You wanna go first or second? I'll go seconds.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: We're playing after the song Alex Yep. Okay, Chili's gonna go first. You're gonna watch see how it.
Speaker 2: Goes down, and then the Mac attack read my lists right after this.
Speaker 6: The attention station employees, we will cancel Easter if you do not stop floating peeps in the station toilets.
Speaker 2: Thank you. The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz Okay, here we go ninety four or five buzz. You guys sent in some good words today. They're making me laugh already. I haven't even looked at Chili's face, and I'm laughing already.
Speaker 5: It's trying to get me.
Speaker 2: See Mac, what you're gonna see here is he's gonna yell at me just because when I look at him, I've already when I look at him, I have a nice, pleasant smile. I'm so happy to see my buddy in the studio with us. And then he yells at me for smiling at him. He warned me right here, right here, from the nose down, just look at the teeth, just look at.
Speaker 1: The all right, welcome aboard, everybody to throwback Thursday, keep the voting going. Okay, winning song played about one hour from now. We're gonna get Roland on reading my lips. I'm the reason I started laughing is I'm reading some of the words, really good words today. If you remember, if you remember early in the show, I said I want some new people.
Speaker 2: I said, I love the old stand bys, and I'm using some old stand bys and I love you guys. But new people sent in words today. So it's it's good.
Speaker 5: Come on, let's get this triple over time started.
Speaker 4: This is good.
Speaker 2: Who's going first? Oh the goat? Oh goat?
Speaker 4: Did he just call?
Speaker 2: Did he just goat himself? He goated himself absolutely like little Flip says, I can do that. I can't goat yourself.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, Chilie's putting on the headphones. Now, I'm gonna try not to smile, and I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. I don't want to have a good time around way of course would why would you want to have a good time on this radio show today? Okay, oh, let me clear you the eyes? All right, here we go ready, I mean, right out of the gate, Ashley with an eye. I told you man, she's usually like on the overtime words that she's she's been a killer.
Speaker 5: You look so goofy?
Speaker 2: I look, goofy. Yeah, I look goofy. I mean see what I get? All right, here we go, goofball, thumbs up, thumbs out.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds on the clock, Ready to go, all right, Ashley with and I sent this one in.
Speaker 2: But bullet butt bullet? Goat that was good?
Speaker 1: Goat yeah, good job saying go doubt my goat this again?
Speaker 2: Ashley? Did she send? Was he seed on her?
Speaker 4: I do not believe? So good job one. That's one.
Speaker 2: When you've gotten butt bullet? You think that I think so butt bullet. Well, I'm listening to you as you say it. So okay again, practicing in the mirror. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know that's I can see the fear in his eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna see if that methodology work. Sure, all right, here we go. Clinton sent this one in. Here we go. Thumbs up.
Speaker 11: All right, it's Roe.
Speaker 2: Taco tariff, Taco tariff. What is going on with this guy?
Speaker 4: Go go go Mac.
Speaker 2: I bring the best out in him. He's understand it. Ever done this. Listen, I can walk out right now and oh my god.
Speaker 1: I okay, shuffle shuffle, shuffle, shuffle shuffle.
Speaker 2: You need to change up now. Boom boom. This is the third word. I know they wanted him to get this, but it was in the shuffle, so I didn't know who was going to get it. He's getting it, all right, let's see, let's see if he can get it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: He's my games.
Speaker 5: Canadian Bacon over here trying to make me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let them get him. Thumbs up. Kyle Cynthson, all right, Kyle, what you got?
Speaker 9: Lamb titty tim sing, lamb titty lamb a tea, lamb titty.
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 8: Come up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, there has been there's there's been a lot of lamb talk, at least coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 6: The first time he said it, I couldn't make out what you said until you just kind of like moved to the side a little bit, and I was like, oh, okay, the lamb.
Speaker 2: Lamb titty rush dude, Right, okay, did you listen to that song that they're going to make you listen to it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He'd let you know that there's that terrible Mastodon song. Okay, sorryful with the news that bad bro. When was the last time Shelley got three? It's been a minute. Oh, there's not that many minutes. It's there's too many minutes. He took seconds. He's never gotten all three. I think he took fifteen seconds to get three words. Low key, looky, Mac, just put those headphones on. He went, whoa, it's loud.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 2: He's freaking out, but I can't miss anything. No pressure. Hey Matt, good morning, Matt. You're still with us? Oh? Maybe Matt hung up?
Speaker 5: No, you got so happy. He was already there.
Speaker 2: He is a mat here, dude. You here, dude, you might be getting those getting those tickets. You might be getting.
Speaker 11: Matt?
Speaker 2: Can I go with you?
Speaker 16: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: Here we go?
Speaker 2: Look at he's nervous Kirk shaking in his boots. Kirk sent this one in thumbs up, thumbs up, let's go, he's laughing. He's not gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Twenty seconds on the seconds on the clock.
Speaker 1: Sloppy second, sloppy seconds. All right, the game got ourselves a game?
Speaker 5: I mean, do we I mean he's about to get too more.
Speaker 2: I mean the game is still going on. So yes, technically I'm in just a couple of goats going at it head to head, A couple of goats. Whoaahoa, who can't miss?
Speaker 1: Okay, sloppy alright, alright, sloppy second. Alright, this definitely was something on the show. Michelle sent it in.
Speaker 2: Got me laughing. Here we go, thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Toilet feet, noisy feet, toilet feet, toilet feet.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Wow, greatest read my lips of whole time.
Speaker 2: Toilet Wow? Is that Sammy Sheen? Charlie, she's daughter, she's charging only fans. She won't show sex videos. Sticker feet in the toilet for money. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, we're not doing man.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you she's going to lose quick today. Our ride share driver, Andrea She sent me a list which was a masterpiece of words. I could have just used all of Andrea.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 1: It was when I was looking at her list, it was like looking at a painting in the loof to see the words that she put together.
Speaker 2: It was mastery of the English language. She sent this one. I thought, this one. Okay, here we go, Andrea, twenty seconds on the clock. This is for over. This is to go to the over thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 5: Do you want us to go to overtime?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, we go.
Speaker 1: Beef whistle, beef whisky, beef whistle, beef whiskers, beef beef whistle, beef twizzlers, beef beef whistle, beef with whistle beep whistle.
Speaker 2: Seconds laugh with three seconds last Yeah, oh gee, the greatest read my lips matchup of all time.
Speaker 4: Maybe whist.
Speaker 2: Chie, You're in, You're in, he's out, I'm out. Okay, I'll go tell him where to go? I said, dude, where'd you get this guy?
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, he was like I thought he was going to be easy.
Speaker 1: That's why Matt already called his buddy and said, hey, dude, we're going to the Live Collective soul show.
Speaker 2: Matt, call that dude back. You might not be going. Hold your horses. You might not. I know you already said you took the day off of work. He got a hotel room, everything, he already did, all of that. You might have to. All right, Matt, we got overtime. We don't overusing you yet.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, let's go, all.
Speaker 2: Right, chilly, all right, don't have it out, Chilly, keep nervous. He can go, and you better be nervous. You brought in a ringer today.
Speaker 5: Even a goat gets nervous every night.
Speaker 2: Don't be nervous. All this rock either word mac idle shocks the world.
Speaker 7: Ow, what a game.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Justin sent in the overtime word today. All right, see keep guessing. He's gonna keep guessing until he gets it right. Here we go, thumbs up, dumbe up. Start timing as soon as I say the second word.
Speaker 1: Musk baby, buddy, pigment, musk baby, but pigment, musk baby, butt freebie, musk baby, bussy baby, musk baby, but uh, buttercake, musk baby, musty baby, musk baby, pat tay right at to thirty, musk baby, it's thirty.
Speaker 2: I cannot get that word.
Speaker 1: Okay, it might be a tough one. What this might be a tough one. All right, bring in your boy. Chili just wants double overtimes when he plays.
Speaker 2: It would be really funny.
Speaker 5: No, I want to triple overte.
Speaker 2: I will pick you in your toe. Your toe. You're toe made of camels? What did I just watch it? Chili's cameltoe?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 5: No, we do miltoe?
Speaker 2: All right. Overtime works as follows. I will say the word. Just keep guessing. Okay, keep guessing, keep guessing, throwing it out there until you get it right. Sounds good.
Speaker 4: Okay, we just give up.
Speaker 2: No, oh there it is.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Here we go over time. Ah, let me go to a all right, here we go, Here we go, start the clock on the second word.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up, thumbs up, okay.
Speaker 1: Musk baby busted, beaber, musk, baby buss busty, musk, bust must baby mustard, baby musk mustard, musk, baby mustard, baby mustard, sandwich mustard musk, baby mustard, baby musty mustard, musk baby busted, baby busted, bab busted musk, baby bustard, chilly and.
Speaker 2: Double o t doubl t Yeah, but we were right around musk baby, musk baby, that was a tope word. That was okay, m and Be's probably look the same. Yeah, they do all right, going back on. So he goes now and then Chili leaves.
Speaker 4: How does it work?
Speaker 3: I think we swapped it last time, right, So yeah, chilill leave. You go first, and then I'm gonna do we just let him go until they get it. And then we got to right here, I think we have to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go into again.
Speaker 5: When you heard.
Speaker 2: I go to see all right, all right, this one got sent in by many people. I think it's a big deal. Double over time. The last time we wanted the double all the time. That was the first time ever. Now this is like a regular thing. She does it all thumbs up, thumbs up, good luck. Here we go, There we go.
Speaker 19: Cat cans cast castle, cat cat castle, cat cans, calf castle, cat, tacked cans, tacked cat task, cat cask cat task cat task cat cast cast fast last last.
Speaker 2: Castle hands cat but last fast cast fast. Gotta we gotta see if Chili can save it.
Speaker 7: What if you chances we don't ship.
Speaker 2: Cat hands cat cans cans.
Speaker 5: It was a story.
Speaker 2: You're not expected to know every thing that we talk about on this stupid show. They were like, can't They were like cats with boobs. They were calling it. Oh I heard the Dolly parton. Yeah, here we go, yeah, man, chilly. All right, let's just screw up one more time.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't get it, if he doesn't get it, draw, Matt gets the ticket.
Speaker 2: Draw, he doesn't get it, Matt gets the tickets.
Speaker 5: Triple overtime, bro, Hello, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't even make Mac and Matt have to go together? Do you have the same boss as me? Okay, meeting day? Also? All right, don't it out?
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: We gotta get it, all right, double overtime, double o t Oh my god, it's just stressing right out. Guys are not watching it. A m F at nine. I'm done. Just put on some music, all right, thumbs up?
Speaker 5: What's he doing it?
Speaker 7: Like that?
Speaker 2: Thumbs up? He crosses legs. He went thumbs up. I can't even stand. All right, here we go, let's rot all right, here we go.
Speaker 19: Cat cans, cat cans, cat, titty cat cans, cats, breast cans, cat.
Speaker 2: Cat nipples, cat cat ears.
Speaker 19: Cat cans, cat cans, cat legs, cat cans.
Speaker 2: Cat naples, cat cat nails, cans, cat cans, Dolly's Dolly Titties, cat cans. Okay, Dolly's cat cans, top cat cans. Oh, Matt, there you go. What cat cans?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, you can't used to over words.
Speaker 2: With one game, ten people sent in cat cans.
Speaker 5: Well you should have picked another.
Speaker 7: Name, Matt.
Speaker 2: Give it you the tickets, Matt, Matt, you've got the tickets.
Speaker 1: Live the Soul our Lady piece. There is no triple over time. August fifteenth, seven one to three for both music.
Speaker 4: Call you.
Speaker 2: Matt is the winner today, the first ever tie. Yeah after it three three for three, We've made history. What a weird game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: What started out is greatness. Yeah, it was like a perfect game. It's'd be great. It was like an m Night Shamalan movie. Obviously gonna nail it. The ending sucked.
Speaker 7: Up and tell them of the rod Ryan Morning shown The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Well glad you guys liked the read my lips game today? Stressful for me, yeah, a little bit. But Mac was Mac was a killer man.
Speaker 1: Mac was a killer Very few people could have walked in here after Chili for the maybe the first time ever, gets all three words.
Speaker 2: Don't be rude about it. I'm not being rude. I'm saying, maybe for the first time ever, he gets all three words.
Speaker 1: And then Mac comes in Bam, bam bam, double overtime, and then they crack the bed in double overtime, both of them, both of both of that's the bed. Yeah, yeah, all right, pretty fun game today. Hey, happening right now. There's a warehouse fire and I'm getting this from information that I'm coming in a lot of emails coming in on this oil and guest Greg sending me some stuff, Abigail, thank you man.
Speaker 2: We hope everybody's okay.
Speaker 1: There's a warehouse warehouse fire burning near two US two nine ninety in northwest Houston. If you guys know more about it, people are talking about it on our Facebook page right now.
Speaker 2: It's happening as we speak. So that's the beauty of this stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys get us the information. You guys are are reporters out there. So if you know something more about it, hop on our Facebook page and I'll relay that message, help everyone safe.
Speaker 2: Partly cloudy, ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty five. Alex has Houston said, lines, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: While tariffs are a huge political topic around the globe, too huge Chinese e commerce sites are reacting to the set an increase in costs. Timu and Sheen have announced that they plan to raise prices for US customers starting next week, in direct response to President Trump's terrif fikes.
Speaker 2: Get in there this week.
Speaker 1: Alex, I'm not Timu, I'm not I have support American Just get your stuff now.
Speaker 2: I'm an American guy. You know that ball cap you're wearing wasn't made here. Let me say it in the US.
Speaker 20: Show me the tag, so help me God if that tag says made in the USA, Bangladesh okay, which is like wherever it is is America. Basically, it's like America.
Speaker 2: Light you stink, not China. I don't give. I don't give money of the Chinese except for my phones. What else.
Speaker 3: Neither a company provided details about the sizing the size of the increases. The one hundred and forty five percent tariff Trump placed on most products made in China, along with his decision to end customs exemptions that allow goods worth less than eight hundred dollars to come into the US duty free has caused both platforms to reassess how they do business with the United States.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start calling you a Bangladeshian. You don't even know where Bangladeshi is.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about what I know.
Speaker 11: You don't know.
Speaker 2: You know nothing about banglades What you don't know what I know. We could just about squeeze into the canyon. I'm a Bangladeshian.
Speaker 3: California Governor Gavin Newsom and State Attorney General Rob Bonta announced yesterday that they have filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration challenging the legality of President Trump's newly imposed tariffs. The lawsuits, submitted to the US District Court for Northern the Northern District of California, argues that the administration's use of the inter National Emergency Economic Powers Act to enforce tariffs is unlawful without congressional approval. The Trump administration defended the tariffs, asserting that they are necessary to address persistent trade deficits of affecting American industries and workers.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten your tax refund? Yet if you filed early, you might have. I know Roden didn't. No, I didn't pay taxes because it's not an Olympic here, so I have not either.
Speaker 1: But I know that guy that called in, he had already had his return and everything like as soon as like February.
Speaker 2: He was sending his stuff out to get done. He was doing it himself, that's right. Yeah, so he got his tax return and he wanted to call it in and rub it into my face.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a senior writer for CNN Business that posted a list of four smart things you could do with your refund, like paying off credit card debt. The average APR is twenty percent, so if you pay it off now instead of a year from now, it's like making a twenty percent risk free return on an investment. You could also start an emergency fund. Since the economy is so iffy, it's a good time to have something in savings. Ideally, you're supposed to have at least three to six months worth of living expenses set aside. Okay, yeah, right, dude, maybe even a year's worth if you're self employed.
Speaker 2: That's not possible, dude. I'm loving the financial advice today. It's all really good stuff. Invest it.
Speaker 3: You can invest it so stock prices are down. Maybe now let your money make money right great things. You could also buy something that might cost more later. So if an he's not too tight, think about spending it on something that may go up in price soon because of things like tariffs. If they haven't caused prices up to go up yet, you could get them before those prices go up.
Speaker 2: So like Rod is gonna spend a million dollars on team today, Like buying a forged Serbian chef's knife with sheath, Yes, go buy it this week. Far is Serbia from Bangladesh. It's gonna be up next week. Go buy your Serbian knife. Are that a Bangladeshian knife? Just get it.
Speaker 3: I'mand to buy now on only fans, But don't be expecting any sexual content from her, she says quote disclaimer.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing only.
Speaker 3: Fans to show you anything sleazy. I'm doing it to chat with my fans through direct messages. Yeah, no sleazy content from Amanda vines. She's charging fifty dollars a month for a subscription if you'd like.
Speaker 1: To have a conversation with her. Oh and in my best Mark Cuban and for those reasons, I'm out. Maybe talk stocks with them.
Speaker 2: All right? Good for Amanda Bines.
Speaker 11: What else?
Speaker 3: The Who fired their longtime drummer, Zach Starkey, who also happens to be Ringo Starr's son, because they were unhappy with his playing at recent shows. Zach has been with the band for twenty nine years and they were apparently not impressed with him during their recent shows for the Teenage Cancer Trust in London. The band says it was a collective decision and that they quote have nothing but respect for Zach and wish him the.
Speaker 2: Very best for his future.
Speaker 3: Zach is who just state been saying that he was surprised and saddened, but added that he was very proud of his nearly thirty years with The Who and that he remains their biggest fan.
Speaker 2: It's a very physical instrument to play, you know, Zach Starkey without elephant traguelized Ringo stars son.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The drums are hard man.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not saying the other instruments aren't, but there's more physicicality involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the drummer everyone talks about.
Speaker 1: Okay, vocalists, you know you're worried about your lead singer losing losing his voice.
Speaker 2: The next guy you gotta worry about is the drummer.
Speaker 1: Bass really is probably the hardest of all. Well, yeah, those baselines can a brutal all right. There's a lot of stuff on the music blog page today.
Speaker 3: In baseball, the Astros lost to the Cardinals yesterday four to one.
Speaker 2: They're now eight and ten on the season so far.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a day off before opening up a weekend series at the Padres tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: And then in basketball, there were two more NBA playing games last night.
Speaker 3: The Heat got by the Bulls one or nine to ninety and the Mavericks beat the Kings one twenty to one oh six. There's no games tonight, but tomorrow the Heat and the Hawks are gonna play the Mavericks. We're gonna play, as well as the Mavericks and Grizzlies for the eight seeds in their conference playoffs.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. You know what, I bought two Serbian knives, why too, because they were really cheap. It's almost sold out. You trust a knife from Serbia, it's twenty seven dollars not I Yeah, these Knights are badass ladash for America. For me, I'm gonna do a video on my not serbian knives.
Speaker 5: You can just say you you gonna see me chopping onions.
Speaker 2: I'm cutting so fast that awesome. I don't have time to cry. That's how fast these things go through the Onions Houston and.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan Morning Show sixth at ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Here we go ninety four or five, the buzz that's disturbed and down with the sickness nine oh five or fourth and final hour together.
Speaker 1: But that means we're twenty five minutes away from revealing the winner of Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: A perfect circle. Judith is just crushing the competition this morning. Sorry for the uh.
Speaker 1: Fans, it's not happening. I don't think the live song's got a chance either, to be honest with you, I guess you can get in there and just flood the votes. Get on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Part of the Claudaskuies today for your April seventeen, Holy Thursday, for you Catholics out there, I told you what.
Speaker 2: Was happening and what happened on this day. The significance Jesus washed feet feet washing.
Speaker 1: You're correcting that feet washing, and then one of you will betray me. The march it was, it was said at the Last Supper, today's last.
Speaker 2: Supper day, and that son of itch Judas just sat there one of you quietly. Yeah, Jesus knew. Oh yeah, he's Jesus. He knew which one. He just wanted him to be honest about it. And then he's gonna be coming out of his cave doing just fine, and it is good Friday. Saturday is cave chilling day. Yeah, Saturday is cave chilling Day. And then the resurrection on Sunday. Yeah, there you go. That's I'm giving you the full lineup if you need to know what happened. What else?
Speaker 1: That tax refund guy, Kevin Hughes, that's the guy that called and just like put his boot in my throat talking about how he got his taxes done early.
Speaker 2: Kevin us sounds like a guy that does his taxes DA, he sounds. But what's it like to be so butt up? Kevin Hughes, he was on the air tax day or the day before.
Speaker 1: He's probably I did my taxes already, already got my return rod he took his return, He said he paid off his credit card and some emergency home repairs.
Speaker 2: He did all the things the guy said that insurance would not cover. He might be the CNN Business guy.
Speaker 1: On LinkedIn guests today for smart things to do with your tax refund Number one.
Speaker 2: Pay off credit card. It's the it's the highest. It's the highest. You've got to get rid of that. That's the worst. Okay. The average APR is twenty percent. So what does APR mean? The APR is the interest the associated press release.
Speaker 1: Well that too, Yeah, the interest. It's the highest interest rate you could possibly have.
Speaker 2: I have zero dollars on my credit card. Do you really have a credit card? So good for you. That's really good, dude, what you don't ever need it? I don't trust myself, right, I don't like owing money. Does your wife have one? She does?
Speaker 1: Well, then's there you go. It's like you happy with emergency fund. You had talked about invest it. Buy something that might cost more later. Serbian knives you told me they're going up next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I'll buy a boat on Timus. Gonna be expensive in the future.
Speaker 1: I talked about coming back from the dead Von Dutch. Yeah, trends that are coming back from the dead. That is on the Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 2: What else is coming back? Well, i'll tell you.
Speaker 1: From the second that Chili posted it, speaking her resurrections in her head. The snack rap is back if you look at Throwback Thursday or you look at Fixta Graham Thursday. But also McDonald's is bringing back the snack rap good sometime this year.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the snack rap was that big McDonald's. I didn't never have them, but I know people liked them. But you've heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Miller likes partnering with Pringles on the two brands of nut Chips beer canned chicken and rilled beer brought flavored Pringles.
Speaker 2: You know what Miller Lights should bring back. And I mean I'm a car back guy myself like you, but they should room back the Vortex bottles. Remember those? It was like it spins faster so you can drink it quick. Yeah yeah, yeah, that was like I don't really know if it did anything. Okay, it was cool. I'll put you on the spot. What was Keystone Light or Keystone known for?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: It was really cheap beer. You could buy thirty packs in it. Don't you remember them constantly pushing those specially lined cans. Oh yeah, it was always there. It was with special special can liners on it. Every can was lining the same way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: For some reason, Keystone pushed that that that we got these special lined cans anything else.
Speaker 2: And I remember walking through the brewers, They're like, everybody's got the lining in the cans, but Keystone just just they took it and ran now in aluminum.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I'm also on the.
Speaker 1: Food blog page today. I'm down for an espresso martini every now.
Speaker 2: And then I have three beans anymore any less amateur hour, three beans floating on top.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll look for that next time. Okay, how you can tell it's a classy joint?
Speaker 1: How about an espresso martini out of a glass made entirely out of milk chocolate decade.
Speaker 2: I don't hate that. I don't hate it. You don't hate that.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's I think that's headlining the food blog page today.
Speaker 2: You want to go see what that sucker looks like. No, it's gonna be Judith, Okay, I know it is. I told you it was from days from the first minute I walked in here. I was like, I know who's going today. You knew that the snack wrap was back and I didn't know that, But I'm excited for other people that it's back. The Perfect Circle's got sixty five percent of the vote, and I know that Bangley dashes six six hundred and sixty nine miles from Serbia.
Speaker 3: Ashley with any sentence, the work out the nice Yeah, so with my hat, your Knie's not that far away.
Speaker 2: All right, here's a chance at some alternative income.
Speaker 7: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 16: The Buzz has your chance to win one thousand dollars in alternative income.
Speaker 7: Just enter this.
Speaker 16: It's a nationwide keyword on our website. Green, that's green. Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars. From ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz, All right, welcome back everybody, Ron Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. I mean it's a runaway. It's a runaway with a Perfect Circle. I'm not calling them the winner yet. We won't call the winner.
Speaker 2: Until nine thirty.
Speaker 1: But I think votes for any winter, I think votes for I could declare the winner right now.
Speaker 2: I think I could.
Speaker 1: All right, boy, a lot of interaction on this fire that's happening right now. I guess we're getting a little bit more information. You guys are awesome, man.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: As a drywall factory just past Dyke in Park, people are sending and picks on our Facebook page. Tons of fire truck activity, I mean the drywall factor. You can imagine that stuff going on. Wow, two alarm fire at a drywall company. Okay, well, thank you. Everybody's talking about this on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: I hope everyone is safe. Thank you guys for being our eyes and ears out there online. Kid's Alex online, the mus what you got over there? All right?
Speaker 3: Today's a well is called check the boxes, and you're gonna have a bunch of little little square boxes you gotta check when you're in like terms and services and stuff all in a row.
Speaker 2: You gotta see how fast you can click all of them.
Speaker 3: They'll time you on it, and then if you want to get crazy with it, you can put in like a zigzag pattern, you know, a wave pattern.
Speaker 2: Just check how fast you're clicking is we can use that for a tiebreaker today for reading that probably would have been a great tiebreaker, but should have volunteered that I didn't have it yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, well check it out. See how fast you can check all the boxes. Then world thim It's rod Ryan showpage at Buzz dot com.
Speaker 14: Back first show on.
Speaker 2: The ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan Show, love that Shine Down, Dance Kid Dance, Good morning, Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thursday, April seventeen, nine twenty six. Gotta respect the exercise, Alex. It's not needed, but you can't go early nine thirty, nine thirty. I don't want some crash test dummy fan complaining that I went too early because they came in third place.
Speaker 2: Partly, Claudus guys ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Hi's a around eighty five. If you work in a restaurant right now, don't even bother listening to whatever a bus is said, which you got. I got a microbiologist on TikTok who is a real microbiologist.
Speaker 2: This just in the five second rule is bs No, yeah, ah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: You know who else doesn't care? People that work in the kitchens at restaurants. If you drop something, you're in the weeds. You drop something, I can't, I.
Speaker 2: Dropped, remake it all.
Speaker 1: I dropped a hundred pancakes in my day working at the restaurant on Sunday and Saturday morning. All right, Well, I used to open nights, so I would go in there. I'd make pancakes every day for a while.
Speaker 2: Uh, your toast, your pancakes, your wopple has been on the floor.
Speaker 1: That's resistant at a restaurant. I'm just saying, has a Hamberger gone on the floor?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: The most dropped thing, think of The most dropped thing for me at the restaurant was toast.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, because it's like at the edge of the plate.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: It was just on a conveyor belt and if it got backed up sometimes boom it would fall over.
Speaker 2: All right, you guys have.
Speaker 1: All heard of the five second rule. When you drop a piece of delicious food, as long as you pick it up within five seconds, it's fine to eat. That's the five second rule, right. A microbiologist on TikTok put the rule to the test. He put a petri dish on the ground for various time limits ranging from zero seconds to one minute, then cultivated the samples to see which developed bacteria.
Speaker 2: In his experiment, every.
Speaker 1: Sample had evidence of microbial growth, showing that no amount of floor time is safe when it comes to contamination.
Speaker 2: Have you tried not thinking about it though, Well, there's.
Speaker 1: That You could check that box as well, Alex. The samples didn't all come back the same. They did not trend worse the longer it had been on the floor. You drop a chip and it's like, oh, five second, roll boom.
Speaker 4: You eat that chip.
Speaker 2: Leave that chip down there for an hour and then eat it. No difference to it. There's really no difference. Okay. Now, the thing that did work is when you when you drop it on the floor and then you blow the germs off. That does That does work.
Speaker 5: But that was that was a rule.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the microbiology that was on my TikTok. I just blew the germs right if you dusted off, like with your hand a little bit.
Speaker 1: How about this, I mean forty four percent of people say that they follow the five second rule.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The thing that blew my mind? Are you average, Alex? Do you eat food that's been on the floor four.
Speaker 2: Times a month. That's a lot. I don't know. I mean it depends on like if I'm more clumsy in a month.
Speaker 1: You know, there's no way I eat. I'm not above eating food that's falling on the floor.
Speaker 2: I'm not above it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't eat food that's falling on the floor four times a month. That's not every probably don't. But I mean, if that's a lot of things fall on the floor, maybe I do.
Speaker 2: What do you got fifteen fingers? You can't handle your food? How much are you?
Speaker 3: I'm not dropping in a bag of chips and it comes open too much and it goes everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh yeah, four times a delicious dorito on the floor, the whole maginaraitas. I'm gonna eat all of them.
Speaker 3: H Still, yeah, I think four is a lot, but I understand why people would do it.
Speaker 1: The average person, the average person eats food off the floor four times per month.
Speaker 2: Chili, chili, chili. Four times a month you eat a piece of food that has fallen on the floor. Is that that sound average?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure is more than that.
Speaker 2: Okay, not know. It's guys like that.
Speaker 5: I think Christina drops it on purpose, and.
Speaker 1: Oh I can see that. Okay, hang on a second. We're not talking about things that we are aware that we're eating that have been on the floor. Because if you're in a restaurant, I told you just in one sitting, every one of you, if you've ordered pancakes out, one of those flapjacks has been on the floor.
Speaker 6: I usually if I drop something, I try to rinse it with water. Do you to make me feel a little bit better?
Speaker 2: Really, just have a soggy dorito going in your mouth, Okay, just dipping a sousa. Yeah, that sounds like a lot. All right, Thank you, Chilly Chili, keeping the averages. Oh he is all right, m Throwback Thursday refreshed. All right, that's what I got for you on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Live Dolphins cry seventeen percent of the vote, crash test dummies m mmmmmm eighteen percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared sixty four percent.
Speaker 1: Some would call that I've heard it said down here before, a mollywop, A mollywop, A mollywop. I think a perfect circle mollywopped those songs.
Speaker 14: Mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 2: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four five The FuG.
Speaker 8: Such aspiration for the will sure to be.
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: So man, now that for me to show you how you said call.
Speaker 18: Your right.
Speaker 2: You you pray, never try now, never question.
Speaker 7: Someone?
Speaker 1: So sure now your dog, I know.
Speaker 2: The one, you shall know one.
Speaker 13: My family, SISI.
Speaker 2: Class.
Speaker 7: And you're listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, Servanna all apology. He's a perfect circle. Judith before that, Dude, I know you're not a tool fan, but that song that it doesn't do anything for you?
Speaker 5: Why is it?
Speaker 2: Do you not like Maynard's voice?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, wow? All right?
Speaker 1: One of the best rock videos of all time. We talked about that song at nauseum on this show. David Fincher is the one that made that video. Okay seven fight Club Aha, he made the video. It's one of the best rock videos ever. I love the song.
Speaker 2: The video is amazing. We talked about Josh Freeze. We talked about that song a lot. When Josh Freese was projected and I projected properly that he was gonna be the drummer of Foo Fighters. But like he's the star of that song. I mean, the drums are the star of that song, for sure.
Speaker 1: But David Fincher, he actually did a lot of stuff Madonna, Aerosmith, Michael Jackson videos, so I believe he started in that space.
Speaker 2: But he was already pretty famous by the time he did that. Oh my good job today, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for voting and getting involved and sending me all those great word suggestions Thursdays.
Speaker 2: I ask a lot of you, guys, I do you really do I'm very needy. I don't deny it. I'm needy. Understand that I need.
Speaker 1: I need the likes, I need the web hits, I need the word suggestions, I need the votes.
Speaker 2: Okay, I ask a lot of you guys when you listen to this show. This isn't just a sit back in your easy chair and listen to type of show, most interactive show on the radio. And do you say that and that that involves some work on your in it?
Speaker 1: But I know you guys can handle it. I'm never gonna give you more than you can handle, Okay, like the big guy upstairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never gonna put more on your plate than you can eat. All Right. The thing we hadn't given away yet was to bring me the Horizon tickets.
Speaker 1: Motionless and White, The plot in You, Toyota Center, September twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: Tickets around sale now at Toyota Center dot com. I have a pair of Take It's for you. You gotta go through Alex and know the show will be on the flip of this break.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rock This.
Speaker 7: Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety.
Speaker 1: Four, five ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Come on, just play that beautiful jingle l La la la la la la la la la la. All right, time for another show.
Speaker 1: Bring Me the Horizon tickets on the chopping block for their show at the Toyota Center with a bunch of great bands.
Speaker 2: They got to go through you though they do. What's your question today? All right?
Speaker 3: We talked about the Mount Rushmore of white rappers today. At one point we talked about a three piece that we thought maa belong on the Mount Rushmore, but they would have to go on stacked on top of each other totem style.
Speaker 2: Totem. Yes, what three piece? We are? We talking about? Easy seven one three two one two five four five. If you know the show. I don't even know her.
Speaker 12: Happy Bunny Day, The Ron Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Stained it's been a while.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys for hanging with us on this throwback Thursday. I saw the Wizard. Yeah, he joked about that meeting guys. Uh, he's good for a meeting today. Yeah, ray that it's still a meeting. Awesome, God, we gotta meetia. I forgot what the hell's I been talking about?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I got a meeting to go to to Just go now I'm doing you gotta know the show as well. Thanks, guys, I got a meeting now. He's now time for this show. On ninety four five, The Buzz said, damn chili double overtime.
Speaker 5: No, I'm doing that so.
Speaker 4: Tough to do.
Speaker 2: Good morning Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: Morned Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this? Robert Hi? How's your day? I have a meeting later? What about you? I got of them all right?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are they zoom meetings or real face to face, face to face stuff both?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you did you get out of doing some work yesterday because Zoom went down for a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: No, we we use teams that's what we do here too. You ruined my whole day? Is that amazed? I didn't do anything?
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna be here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be just fine. Robert. Let's listen up here. What do you got for another show?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: Robert?
Speaker 3: We talked about a Mount Rushmore of white rappers today and we said a three piece would have to go in stacked on top of each other in the Mount Rushmore, kind of like a totem pole. What was that three piece group that we talked about.
Speaker 2: That would be the Beastie Boys. Yeah, that would be the Beastie Boy Dude, you win, you win.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, bring me the Horizon, September twenty sixth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: You're in, dude, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, man.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: I am going to leave you guys with what I call a masterpiece by the trio of which you have spoken of.
Speaker 2: I will argue with you all day. The greatest Beastie Boys song of all time is Gratitude. I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. The Beastie Boys not being on the White mount Rushmore of rap it's a joke. It makes that whole exercise a joke. You get ray I.
Speaker 1: Ed rock singing on this song and the fact that he could. Rappers that can play instruments are just next level. Yeah, and that's what you had here. These guys were just a triple quadruple threat.
Speaker 2: Man, have you ever seen this video?
Speaker 19: I have?
Speaker 2: It's the best Beastie Boys song ever.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, thank you so much for joining us today for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Mac was killer today, didn't win. Nobody won. Wow, if you're killing, you would win, right, Guy in.
Speaker 1: The phone one sitting there doing nothing, read my lips. Even Wizard said it was pretty good today. He hates everything.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be honest. At the meeting with he was like, Oh, you could have picked a more popular Beastie Boy song to end the show. Why would you go? I picked the best Beastie Boys song to end the show. All right? Fresh out of mad had to head, Sean Connery comes away with a win this morning in a row. He's going for win number three.
Speaker 1: We're here tomorrow on Good Friday's.
Speaker 2: Good New episode of Past the Gravy Up. Now we're gonna check that out. Tell me about it.
Speaker 3: We talked about Space Easter, the NBA and HL playoffs, You're a mock draft of Rabbits Salbray Easter, and then we tried to find out.
Speaker 2: What food would make the best weapon. Oh okay, so check it out wherever you get your podcasts or on YouTube.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, guys. That's on Links and Guests. Like you said, all the other things on Links and guests. That throwback Thursday just was through the roof today.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him.
Speaker 1: At the one o'clock hour. We're on a twenty hour break and get again. We will be in for good Friday tomorrow, so tune in. Double O seven has already been notified. He's gonna play tomorrow morning. More everything but even better.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, m app sid Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show to day, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com