Speaker 1: Karen, Yes, question for you.
Speaker 2: I have an answer for you.
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let's see what do a licensed therapist, a psychic medium, and an abstract painter.
Speaker 2: Having common Are they walking into a bar?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what after meeting her? Maybe so, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, a psychic medium, an abstract painter, and a licensed therapist licensed therapist, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a trick question because actually they are all Katie Beacher and this is the person that's actually this woman creates soul level medical readings without ever seeing you. Just your name, your age, that's it. And you know what, she gives you a four page physical, emotional, and spiritual health report plus a symbiotic watercolor portrait of your soul.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know right, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Now she's been featured in Goop, in Push, and even on Coast to Coast AM with George Norri. But today she is joining us, so she's made the big time. Finally, if you ever wondered what your symptoms might be trying to tell you, or how to heal from the inside out, you're gonna want to stick around for this one because Katie, she's not just an intuitive. She is verified. Let's go.
Speaker 4: My name is Will, and unlike Boulder and Scully, want to believe. So we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 2: We've talked to people deeply entrenched in the spiritual and metaphysical world.
Speaker 4: We've thrown ourselves into weird and wonderful experiences. I even joined a coven.
Speaker 2: Of witches and wait, you joined a coven yep.
Speaker 4: All on the interest of finding something, anything, that will prove that there's something beyond this physical.
Speaker 2: Three dimensional world we all live in.
Speaker 4: This is the Skeptic Metaphysicians.
Speaker 1: Hey there, I'm Will, and we are welcoming you back to another power packed episode of the Skeptic Metaposians. Today's guest is someone who bridges the gap between science and spirit in a truly extraordinary way.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: Katie Beecher is a licensed professional counselor and an internationally recognized medical and emotional intuitive with over thirty five years of experience. She's been featured on Goop, on Push, On, Miranda Kerr's Cora Organics, Coast to Coast AM, and more than two hundred other media outlets.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: Her unique method involves creating a detailed four page intuitive report and a symbolic soul painting. Before she even meets her clients. All she uses is her name and age. She's also the author of the best selling book Heal from Within, an Intuitive Guide to Wellness, which empowers people to connect to their bodies, uncover root causes of illness, and tap into their own intuitive healing power. Now having personally healed from bulimia, depression, lime disease, and mold toxicity, Katie brings not only professional wisdom, but lived experience to everything she does. Please welcome the one, the only Katie Beecher the show. Katie, Welcome to No How you doing today.
Speaker 3: I'm great, Thank you so much. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you think we're awesome. Some people say, oh, these guys are crazy.
Speaker 2: But we've got our snows.
Speaker 1: So far, so good. Karen, all right, Katie, I'm excited to talk to you. In our research, we found that you do things a little differently. We've talked to people who do soul paintings before, we've talked to medical intuitives before. I don't know that we ever talked to someone that does them both at the same time. So this is exciting. So first, the soul paintings do they act as a tool to help you to diagnose what might be going on with someone.
Speaker 3: So they do. The way that I use them is I do the report first, and it's very detailed and all this stuff that you said, and then I create the painting afterwards, and it both verifies the information in my report and gives me different kinds of information about the person. And delivering something symbolically to someone is a little bit softer, if you will. So if you're reading a report and you see the words, you know, sexual abuse or a very serious diagnosis. To be clear, I cannot legally or ethically diagnose, I really want to be.
Speaker 1: Clear about that.
Speaker 3: But I do identify symptoms and I do make suggestions for what things might be, and then I help connect people with practitioners I trust for formal diagnoses and things. So that's really important to me that people know that. But the soul painting, for example, I might be directed by my guides to put a lot of red in certain areas, maybe around the second chakra, which is the hip area of reproductive organs, things like that, and so if I pick up abuse in that area and I put red there. Then people usually know what that means, and it might be a miscarriage, it might be you know, endometriosis or hysterectomy or something like that. But people usually just intuitively are like, oh, I know what that is. So it's a gentler way of beginning a difficult conversation.
Speaker 1: Or it could be just a bump on the table as you're on your way to the danging room.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, So does each color mean something or do you just kind of put things together and then read the whole feeling behind it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, My guys start by giving me a color, and then I usually start at the top of the image of a person. So the image can be of a figure. Sometimes it's an insect, sometimes an animal, so they really it could be a plant, but it's all symbolizing the person. And my guys have you start with a color and then I just kind of go down. Whatever they tell me to put gets put there, and the colors matter and it's an individual interpretation for each person. But also things like you know, the placement of the arms. So let's say your arms are totally out like this, it could be that you're welcoming new information. It could mean that you're vulnerable. Let's say your arms are in front of your heart and you could be protecting yourself. Call it different colors in the legs, for example, legs represent moving forward in life. So let's say there's some agenta there and magentas about being your true, authentic self. So they're being told that the way to move forward is just by being yourself, you know. So it's it's really individualized. It's really fun. Even though the paintings literally look like a five year old did them, so, you know, but and being a fine artist, I was sort of like, what are these things for me? Yet there really is you know, I don't know how people would receive them, and they really love them and they like to ount and frame them, and.
Speaker 1: It's fun the abstract, but you can actually make out someone's body because you can write as helps what the color is.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can definitely make out a figure or let's say it's a plant, or it could be a combination of a plant and a figure, or some kind of insect like a butterfly or something like that.
Speaker 2: So you.
Speaker 3: As abstract e ish as they definitely are, you can definitely make up you know, pedals of a flower or leaves or legs and arms and things like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, so then I think you got you might be seeing that if you're watching these on video, you might be seeing some examples of these paintings on the video. If you don't, just go to a blog and you'll see those paintings in there as well that we're putting in there.
Speaker 2: Now, have you had the opportunity to do or maybe you have or not, I don't know, like an after picture, so you diagnose some and then they kind of work on the issues and then paint their soul again.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do have a lot of repeat clients, and it's super fun to look at, you know, what comes up in the report again or what their paintings look like again, and to see the growth. And people are always kind of surprised at, you know, because we don't always realize that we're growing or changing or healing because we're in it. So to be able to see it in the report and especially in the paintings, it's really really fun.
Speaker 1: Right well, so the obviously the people once they come to you is because they feel they have something going on as or you just do it generally and people then find that there's something they need to look at after they see the painting.
Speaker 3: My clients are pretty varied. Most of them, I have to say, have symptoms that they either know what the causes and they're not healing and they want help with them, or they don't know what the root causes it all, and they've been to eight trillion practitioners and you know, keep hearing it's in your head, or they get a misdiagnosis or something like that.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 3: But I also have people who just want to know more about healing relationships or setting boundaries or healing trauma, or career help or you know whatever. And the nice thing about the readings is that we cover everything and anything in that that one hour.
Speaker 1: That's a great point, right because the very first thought is you're talking about health, right, You're talking about you. But then you started the conversation with you know, potential sexual abuse for example, which is not health thing. It's more of a thing.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, gues it.
Speaker 1: May it may represent it may end up being in that sense, but but it goes way deeper than just a physical ailment. But this you can you can help people not just with health, but you do it with like you said, career, you can do it with relationships. You could do it with you know, finding that pot of goal at the end of the rainbow or all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, And it's really important to know that if you look at root, physical, emotional, and spiritual are all really important to consider. And my guides don't see time in a linear fashion. So I will get stuff from someone's childhood or from ten years ago or in the future, or I'll get information from people that they care about or maybe they're loved ones in spirit, you know. So it's it's kind of I have to discern what's now and what's in the past. And the information in the past or for someone else usually comes through as just a little bit fainter. So if I see a picture, let's say, it's just a little fainter, or hear a fainter word in my head or something like that. So I just put it out there and then we talk about it during the reading.
Speaker 2: Gotcha now, you said also in the future, how how does that work? Like, how do you get that information in? How can you use that to help someone?
Speaker 3: So a lot of people say, you know, am I going to get better what can I do to help myself things like that, And so I don't give people timelines because it's not fair and there's so many variables, you know. But I do get feelings about, yes, this person is going to get better and that their relationship is going tokeed, or maybe I hear that they're better off out of the relationship and it's not going to work out. Or I get hints about how to help them with their business, you know, now and in the future, or their goals or dreams or something like that. So it's because we all have trouble living in the present for a lot of reasons. You know, we're in the past or in the future, and that's okay. So to be able to help people with all of it is really important.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, we're burying the lead, right, bulimia, lime disease, toxicity, mold toxicity. You healed yourself from all that stuff. So the first thing that comes of mine is how how how did you do that?
Speaker 3: Well, I can't take one hundred percent of the credit because I really had help. I'll start with the believe mea part. When I was in high school, I had I was in bad shape, really bad shape, throwing up three times a day, and suicidal depression, and I was ready to just be like, I can't live this way anymore. It's not okay. And my family was really toxic, and so some people have heard this story before, and it's in my book. But I came home one day from school and called our pediatrician. I hadn't told anybody about what I was going through, and my parents were not very helpful. So I called and said, you know, I'm making myself get sick and I need help. And it was nineteen eighty three, so the doctor was kind of like, oh, it's okay, it'll be you know, you'll be fine, and I'm like, no, dude, I really won't be fine. This is this is not okay. And he recommended a Youngian psychologist. You guys may have done young and stuff before, and for me, that was the perfect match because she taught me how to connect to my intuition. I already knew that I had these weird abilities and I had no one to talk to about them, so I could say to her, I'm talking to dead people, or you know, I'm getting these feelings or whatever, and she just totally encouraged it.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 3: So she helped me how to help me learn how to connect to my authentic self and set boundaries and not care so much about what people thought and all of those things. And with her help and a ton of work on my end, you know, I started right. I was ready though, you know, And I like to tell people that was one of the most important things that ever happened to me. And I'm so grateful for it because we need pain to change.
Speaker 1: Such a great point, right. We talk all the time about how growth happens at the edge of our comfort zones, but sometimes we have to go really far or comfort of oones to really get the benefits of need to get And at the end of the day, people say, you don't really need to get there, you can you just listen to the universe saying hey, I need to do this first, instead of waiting for the moment that you've gotten into big trouble with believe me, maybe you know that's.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's that must have been your guides and your intuition, because what teenager calls the pediatrician on their own right, you know, So that's really fantastic that you'd listened and took that step.
Speaker 3: It was divine intervention. It really was, because I didn't know really why or what was happening. And I think the fact that I had gotten into a college that was not near my parents was probably motivational to help me want to live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have mom and dad to rely on anymore. I'm on my own. I gotta get this team care of.
Speaker 3: I was on my own anyway, I couldn't rely on them anyways. So yeah, it was like, Okay, I have a motivation now and hope and you know, things like that controlling.
Speaker 2: You in ways you didn't want to control.
Speaker 1: Oh, exactly, that's a thick guy not thinking of the right way. So at least perfect sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay, you know. And then for the lime and mold and all those other things, it was a physical, emotional and spiritual journey for sure. I fortunately had an amazing naturopath that I worked with who I lived in Connecticut. You know, I'd had limes since I was a kid and didn't know it, so and the traditional doctors were no help. No one ever brought up all the symptoms of a lime disease that I had, and I had again the sense to find a naturopath at seventeen, and you know, worked with these people. It wasn't chill. I was like forty five un till I got to diagnose with Lime. But it was through working with her and then doing a lot of spiritual work, talking in my symptoms, asking the lime like, Okay, I'm going to treat you as my friend, why are you here? What do you have to tell me? And kind of to your point before what I like to tell people is the trick is listening to your symptoms and intuition early before they need to almost kill you out to be like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your book for a second, because it kind of goes hand in hand with what you just said. Your book, Heal from Within, you talk about symptoms as messages from the body, right and you spirit and you say that there's a way to get messages from your body that will allow you to understand that there are some underlying challenges you have to work on. How does that work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? One hundred percent. And when I was going through therapy and my recovery journey when I was sixteen, my guides told me to write the book. They told me to pass on what I learned to teach people how to connect to theirselves and their intuition and all the things. So it took me, you know, several decades to actually write it, but that's okay, you.
Speaker 1: Got it out. I got a lot more than most people do, so congratulations.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And it was the Lime disease when I talked to Lime and said, why are you here? What do you want?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Why are you scaring me? And it's like, oh, it's time to write your proposal? So there you go. So there is a great example of a symptom and a diagnosis that I listened to and talk to instead of fearing, and I you know, had that dialogue with it. I talk about how to do the dialogues and all that kind of stuff in the book, but it was you know, what do you want me to do? Why are you in my life right now? And why is this so unpleasant? Because I was afraid of writing the proposal. I'm not a I am an author, but I'm not really a writer, you know. Thank God for edging. So you know, it was scary. And these symptoms come about to make you change. So work with people all the time who come to me for a physical issue. And my guides in the report reveal that, oh, there've been a really dysfunctional relationship that they've been trying to get out of forever. Or you're letting people walk all over you, or you're doing too much for others and you need to set boundaries, or any other you know, you need to change how you eat, or guess what it's time to stop smoking, or any you know, any of the things above. So again, it's that discomfort that forces us to look at our lives and ourselves and make changes. And it can be the littlest symptom. So you get a little headache, right, and you have to figure out we're all medical intuitives, really, So you have a symptom and you start asking yourself, what is this about? What caused it? What do I need to do? So get a headache or a stomach ache? Something I ate? Is it an allergy in? Do I need to lay down? Do I need to take something? You know? Can I go to this event that I'm supposed to go to? Is there a deeper cause? Is this, you know, a repetitive event? Things like that. So and with our kids too, our kids get sick and we have to sort of be medical detectives. So what I do is kind of that on steroids, But it doesn't mean that we all don't you do it to a certain degree.
Speaker 1: So it's really listening to your intuition and your body, right, right. But once you feel in your body, then you have to ask your body what's going on, and then your intuition is what kind of clears the path were understanding? Right? Okay, So here's where I run into a problem. Every time that I feel something's going on, my intuition says I need more alcohol. So for those people, for those people who maybe don't trust your intuition all that much, what kind of tips can you give.
Speaker 2: Us to let me first add a disclaimer the way you said that it doesn't drink every day, not even every week, but when you're stressed out, he'll have a couple of drinks. It's not like amore, Wow, I mean that I know of I'm gonna have to start looking in to stand.
Speaker 1: Just don't look at my closet.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But but for those a lot of people who are listening to the show, and perhaps some of the hosts of this show, I have some challenges with trusting their intuition. So how can you feel confident that what you're hearing in your intuition is actually what you need to do.
Speaker 3: That is such a great question, and it comes up during You're very welcome during every session. I do it myself, you know, okay, because we're so emotionally involved with ourselves, and expectations come in there and self doubt and the times when oh I thought I trusted my intuition then and didn't work out so well. Right, So I have a written technique in my book that literally saved my life. It's based on youngin psychology with my own spin and doing having a conversation with your intuition and writing. First of all, you have to stop what you're doing to write right, so you are more in the moment. It's like mindfulness meditation. You're more focused and so you're less distracted by what am I having for dinner or you know, any other thing that's going on. So that helps with the focus. And what I advise people is don't overthink the information. Even if you're just listening in your head. You don't have to figure out whether it's your intuition or just a voice in your head or just your feelings. Listen to what you hear and then start discerning. So is this actually fear? Am I projecting my fears onto this information I'm receiving?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And if that's the case, then ask yourself what am I afraid of? You know, what is this anxiety about? Am I afraid that if I listen to the really difficult information I'm hearing, such as I need to get out of this relationship with someone, or I need to I'm feeling the need to drink more? Right, what does that mean? Do I need to go do some relaxation? Do I need to do a movement? Is this a call to action in terms of do I have an addiction? Do I have a problem? So really go deep into the information rather than just going on a service level. And even if you listen and you make a mistake, you've still learned something by that experience. But the number one thing I think is people here scary stuff and about change, and change is scary, and they don't want to do it, and they're afraid and it feels overwhelming because it doesn't happen overnight, So everything gets pushed down and then you're totally cut off from any intuition. So don't overthink it. But don't be afraid to go deeper and.
Speaker 1: Write it down. Right, that's the number one thing you get. You just just get pin the paper and write it down.
Speaker 2: I don't forget, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's an actual dialogue connects you, right, it connects you more like kneel down a wash. Yeah, conversations with God exactly. The problem with that is that I got to put my drink down to right.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm going to change the subject very slightly here.
Speaker 3: But you actually don't because you could have the drink in one hand and your pen and the other.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I can't a drinker. So in every we have these conversations and we learned these things. And there's something that you said a while ago that just like struck me in my So I'm listening but also kind of going down this other like mental rabbit hole. And so you talked about being friends with blind disease. You made it your friend, and you had this dialogue, and I'm just I just started thinking about, you know, the things that that I have certain issues with, and this stuff just started kind of coming in and popping into my head. And you know, I'm looking at this there's this one issue that's kind of plagued me for years and years, and I'm like, okay, so if I look at that as my friend and instead of thinking, oh I have to get rid of this, I have to let it go. That's not right, that's not true, and think, Wow, this situation has this way that I am has helped protect me and keep me safe for all of these years, and I need to be grateful for that and think it and then let it go.
Speaker 1: Right because it's no longer serving you as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's done its work and it's been part of who I am, and I can let it go and look at it as a friend instead of like, oh God, I've got to get over this. It's just that one little thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, so there's a common denominator and all this that we're talking about, right it's a changing perspective right right now. And we've talked about a lot on the show before. Your perspective really dictates how you react to or any particular given thing. So that's a really good first step.
Speaker 3: It does. And also, the traditional medical model is fight, take drugs, mask, you know, be a warrior. And I get all that, but what if we stopped fighting and what if we listened? And fighting creates so much health anxiety, and then people that are afraid to like go get blood tests or open their results, or get an ultrasound or because they're so afraid that things are going to be so bad instead of just gee, I want to know the answers because then I could do something about that.
Speaker 1: That's so true. Whenever I get my test results back from my doctor, my heart is pounding to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well I have history with that. That might be why. But so you I mentioned in the teaser, I tossed it in and people might have called it, might not have called it. I mentioned that you are verified, you have been verified by medical professionals. Tell us about that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I at the very about the beginning. But about twelve years ago, maybe I don't know what date it is today, but about twelve years ago I contacted age a journal. It's a peer review journal, and it was an MD who had this journal, and I wanted to do a little study verifying my abilities and my accuracy, and I wanted to get some of the doctors from my clients involved. And they gave me permission, of course, and did a informal survey of about eighty of my clients and just did like a questionnaire about what was accurate, what wasn't things like that, and then also contacted these doctors and had them give or the clients gave permission for their medical files. And it showed that before I did the reading with them, they had these diagnoses that I and symptoms that I correctly identified. So it was important to me to get that kind of empirical data and my you know, accuracies like something in the ninety seven percentile or something that with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty cool, I'd say, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, And also just a lot of like when I do readings for doctors, or when I did the reading for a group, or a lot of the big media stuff. You know, they don't put your information up there unless you're actually good at what you do. So I had to do readings for them and have them, you know, verify that information.
Speaker 1: How can How did I not think about that? Katie, you want to come on the show, You've got to do a reading right.
Speaker 3: Next time?
Speaker 1: Missed opportunity time? Well that's cool. So you did it for the media like you did it for Jordan Nour and all those kinds of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and like the Goop had a group not not going but the person below her and so. But that's really important to me because I cannot b s the readings and the reports they get them before I talk to them. So again that's it's important to me to have credibility, you know, that people can trust me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, super important. Of course. Now you we've talked about the fact that this you intuit things in all kinds of spectrums, right, the health and spirituality and all that kind of stuff. If cinsitioals really focus on spiritual weakenings and that kind of stuff, if someone is wanting to further their spiritual growth, is this something that you can identify and help with as well?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, every session, during every single session, every session, I teach people how to connect to their intuition, how to develop whatever gifts they have, how to trust their intuition because I don't want anyone substituting their intuition for mine. You know, I will be honest with what my guides get and everything, but it's always how does this feel to you? Is this resonating with you? You know? Just don't just listen to me and nod your head. I don't want that, And I want to know is there something in the port that didn't resonate, because maybe it was for somebody else I was reading at the time, or you know, I loved one of theirs. So we talk a lot about how people can listen to their bodies and their intuition and develop whatever gifts they already have.
Speaker 1: All right, well cool, I think I need the book a session. Okay, so let's come back to your soul pinions. I'm really curious about that. Have you ever painted something that really, like, just shocked you? So can you tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I actually had the idea that you were going to ask me about this, So this is super cool. I was doing a reading on a five year old boy and all I knew was that he was five, and I did a very different type of soul painting. And it was a fire truck that had a very long ladder and behind it was a tall sort of apartment type building and there was a fireman with a hose, so you know clear what it was. And then I was trying consciously, I was trying to make the hose on the side of the truck you know, it's kind of coiled up, and I just my brain in my hand weren't connecting, and all I could make was this s shape. And I literally said to myself, is this Superman's firetruck right saw? I'm like, okay, I'm just gonna go with it. When I talked to the mom, she said her son was autistic, non verbal, and right before she got found out she was pregnant with him, they lost all of their belongings in an apartment fire. The whole like place burned down and she lost everything, and she said she was completely devastated, had no hope, and then found out she was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And she said this, this her little boy literally saved her and has such impact on all the people he meet. He's this very, you know, charismatic individual who's not even verbal. And she said that she was so moved that she calls him her Superman. It gets better, it gets better, and she I don't remember what Superman's middle name is, but that is the middle name of her her son. I don't I honestly don't remember. I don't know my mind.
Speaker 1: I don't have me big big Superman.
Speaker 3: Fr It's nice Okay, so whatever it is, that's the middle name she gave her son. So I remember just she was in tears, you know when when she saw the painting. I was getting chills. She was getting chills.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one I will never forget for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't want I'm taking all the questions.
Speaker 2: Well, so how did you first start doing this soul painting? Like what what led you to that?
Speaker 3: I've always been an artist, and I think it was kind of the young my Youngian psychology background too. He uses a lot of symbolism and art therapy, and art therapy has always been a really important healing tool for me and I have training in it too, And I wanted to incorporate something symbolic with the written words of the report because the it just feels impersonal sometimes even though it's deeply personal. But it just sort of came to me. I think I was looking at the Red Book, actually, Carl Jung's Red Book, which is pretty intense depiction of his spiritual journey, and it just came again, you know, spiritual intervention of what if you could make a symbolic representation of these people's lives and their bodies and energy and what would it look like. So I kind of fooled around with it, and I, you know, used a lot of people as guinea pigs. And that's how can do.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while when we have a guest that we really love on the show, we asked and we asked permission to ask some curveball questions that might be a little bit out of the norm. You cool with doing? Okay, all right, here's the first curveball question I'm going through you. Right, if someone asked you to create a medical intuitive reading for planet Earth, what do you think you'd find?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, that's depressing. A lot of hurt, abuse is coming to mind, neglect, kind of taking being taken for granted, needing to set boundaries, a lot of symptoms that people aren't aren't looking at, you know, enough and aren't responding to enough, and the fact that we need the planet to be as healthy as possible, not just for now, but for our futures, and that we need to really listen more and take better care of it.
Speaker 1: Right, that's how it sounds like.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of something I just heard yesterday on NPR talking about taking care of the earth. Apparently in Paris they have disallowed cars. What people can't drive cars anymore. Then they can take public transportation and they can walk, and they're planning a little mini urban forests. I had just heard about this, and at first I guess the mayor so that the Parisians are very you know, upset about this. Now they're like this is they're actually getting out and enjoying Paris again. People are outside, they're walking, their biking more.
Speaker 1: Was this a credible source that NPR PR no cure.
Speaker 2: I think it was. I was, yeah, whatever, the you know, I listened.
Speaker 1: To like, wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very very cool.
Speaker 1: Well, remember remember back during the COVID when everything was closing down, the dolphins will come back to venness and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So there's hope there is.
Speaker 1: So it seems like like Paris and New York places that have mass transportation. I can totally see that, But can you imagine that here you don't have a car, here you're sunk.
Speaker 2: Maybe they just incorporate, you know, they take out the cars and they put a bus so people take you know, the buses.
Speaker 1: Or bikes like Denmark. Okay, cool. Well here's another, another curveball question. If your intuition had a voice, how would you describe the personality? Is it gentle, sassy, wise, parental, wise, ass will.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I'm also imagining how my husband would describe that. The first thing that comes to mind is very honest and loving and empathic and putting myself in the place of others who've been through difficult things.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the voice would be like Karen.
Speaker 2: Wait, not like a Karen. No, right, just differentiate.
Speaker 1: Right, right. So I remember the question I had if it came to me the report that you give to people, Does that mean that you're constantly like writing four pagsays for people or do you have like a machine that spits it out?
Speaker 3: I wish I had a machine. No, my guys are kind of like a machine. Right. I purposely see maybe six to nine people a week at the most, and some of those are regular counseling clients, intuitive counseling clients that I see on a regular basis. So I usually do anywhere from four to six actual reports per week, and I do like those on Sundays and Mondays to prepare for the week. So so no, I am not constantly writing and I have a template that I start with that is divided into all the chakras, and it gives this the physical and emotional characteristics of each chakra, so you don't have to know anything about chakras to understand the report. And then I the third column is kind of what I fill in for what I get for the person that I'm doing the reading for.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, So it's more fill in the blank and not like long form survey.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, correct, I know, yeah, yeah, terrifying.
Speaker 1: Okay, So for anyone that's listening who right now, who's struggling with something that they can't explain, whether it's chronic pain, or emotional overwhelm or just feeling stuck, what's the very first step you recommend that they take?
Speaker 3: What I where I start in my readings is kind of doing an overview of what is the most pressing thing, you know, what's the thing that is impacting your life the most, are bothering you the most? And even in my book, I take people through a pretty extensive quiz of what's going on in your life and and what are the things that are most important to you? Were to start, you know, sometimes people don't even know what's bothering them because it's just been there forever and they don't even know how to put it into words. So sort of an identification of one thing that you want to start working on because everything feels overwhelming, especially if you try to do it all at once. And then in the book and in my readings too, I start with helping people connect to their intuition and their authentic self and start by just trying to be calmer, be more present and giving yourself a break, you know, not being so hard on yourself, and that kind of you know, starts the ball rolling.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Okay, a lot of people are talking about intuition, of medicine, that kind of stuff right in this space, metaphysics, spirituality. There's a lot of it's although it's not new or young, it's there's a lot of new people coming to it. So there's a lot of misconceptions that come along with all this kinds of stuff. Are there any misconceptions you feel are really important to dispel right now?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I'm really glad you brought that up, because I have been called a witch, I have been called satan, I have been told that some of them by my own family, right actually, yeah, I don't have anything to do with them anymore. So there's a reason. But you know that I'm anti Christian, that what I that listening to intuition is going against the Bible, you know, it's being evil interesting, And that is so incredibly sad to me because my first connection to intuition was with God and it still is and God is love, you know, I help people heal and love themselves more.
Speaker 2: And by.
Speaker 3: Just having this assumption that you know nothing about that it's somehow negative or evil or against God is just it couldn't be further from the truth. So that's that's a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that is very sad. There's a lot of folks who are Christian who aren't in that thought process, right, they don't fit into that thought process. Unfortunately, there are a lot of them that are. And I can't help but think that's based in fear, uoted in programming, and fear that they've been brought up. And so it's as much as I hate that they would feel that way, I do understand why. Unfortunately, you have to give them empathy. However, when you think about if you are even interested in the space remotely, you probably have heard of Edgar Casey, and Casey, who's the father of metaphysics, was a Christian first and foremost, and he came up with all these holistic remedies and he's a like he was like the first medical intuitive, right. He would he would dream the recipes, do these to these concoctions that he put together for people.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's true. And even Carl Jung who really started all of the symbolism and the Louise Hay stuff and everything people are doing now, it's really all based on YOUNGI and stuff and young theories, you know. And he was a Christian too, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you and when you get into the conversation of science, like if right, quantum physics now has allowed us to connect the dots and a lot of these things. So it's no longer a mystical Oh it's from God or it's from Satan. This is just the way nature works. This is how the world is.
Speaker 3: So I try to make what I do as non woo woo as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although there is pretty oh yeah, something we said about the woo that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes it more fun, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't make fun right, all right, Well, it's been it's been wonderful speaking with Is there anything that you want to make sure that you get to our across to our audience before we say goodbye.
Speaker 3: My my website will be on your your notes. It's Katiebeacher dot com on you know, Instagram and Facebook and all the places. And I love hearing from people. I offer a lot of different types of services and so much can be accomplished in just one reading. So I don't want people to feel like it's you know, a link in to like you know, tan appointments. We start with one, and it's.
Speaker 1: Not like psychology wh where you you know, you're there for a couple of years or whatever. And by the way, I didn't want to shout out that I'm glad that you connected yourself with Youngian psychology because Oldian psychology is not very good.
Speaker 3: I really like you guys. It would actually be quite fun to go have a drink with.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Apparently you just have to look at the night standing.
Speaker 1: All right, So so that I don't butcher it, Can you tell us again in the name of your book?
Speaker 3: Yes, Heal from Within a guidebook to Intuitive wellness and available everywhere whatever you on Amazon and all the places so internationally.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, Well, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Then we are going to add a direct link to the book and to your website and socials in our show notes. So if you are interested in connecting with Katie, and I recommend that you do because I'm really I'm gonna because I'm really curious about your readings, all you need to do is go to skeptic a position dot com and go to her episode page. You'll see that link directly initial All you need to do is hit enter and you'll be connected. Katie, thank you so much for being on the show. It's been a really fun conversation with her.
Speaker 3: My pleasure and sorry for the technical difficulties at the beginning. Your your patience is appreciated.
Speaker 1: What technical difficulties. I don't remember any technical difficulties. Right, We'll talk to you. Take care,