Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to the third episode of the thunder Buddies podcast. For today, we've got a few different topics for you, hoping to hit as many of you as we can, because this is what we like to do. We like to punch you right in the mouth and get right to it, and that's what we're going to do today by starting with a lot of you who are new to war th Under.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're not new to warth Under, don't worry it.
Speaker 1: Some good here and actually we would encourage you to participate in this episode where if you watch on YouTube, comment down below for anybody who is thinking about war Thunder, what should they do?
Speaker 2: What do you recommend?
Speaker 1: But we're going to start with when you're choosing your early trees in war th Underground, what do you choose and why? Now, For those who have been watching Nightingale's streams, this dude has decided that, hey, I've got all the planes, why not get all the ground. So he's been doing this working through all the trees. For me, I am more of a guy who I focus it from.
Speaker 2: The fun aspects.
Speaker 1: So the expert here in terms of how things were we refer to Gail for a lot of the high tier stuff.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the low of the mid tier stuff.
Speaker 1: This is my bread butter where I really enjoy war th Under, where I personally war Thunder is the best. And that really also kind of depends on how's your experience when you got started, Like, for example, you started off in the British tree ground, you might have experienced some frustrations because all they have a solid shot and you're really good at getting assists, you're really good to getting criticals, You're not good at killing things unless you know where all the crew are, et cetera, et cetera. And then on the reverse you have like the easy mode, which is jumping into Germany where the Panthers in the you know, the PZ thirty nine shell is arguably the best default shell in low and mid game when you get it immediately on every medium tank that Germany has. So we're gonna jump into what makes it fun to play and what those different experiences can look like. And Gail, good to see you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Okay, I want to Saw for saying if you hear me snifflin, I'm kind of going through an algie attack right now, so ignore that. I'll do my best. I'll do my best. But yeah, I think a lot of the issues with war Thunder nowadays is a lot of people aren't really low tier anymore. People aren't really starting off new as much as they used to. You know, if the ground has been out for almost a decade, if not a decade, yeah, about a decade now, and most people probably aren't low tier. But we do get a lot of comments. I do hear a lot of things every week.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, man like you say that, and yet we just talked about last episode.
Speaker 2: The population grows every year.
Speaker 1: And because I as a streamer, I'm always kind of if anybody comes to my streams, we're generally playing BR three to seven. That's just kind of where my stream and community lives. I get tons of new players. I think it's actually more than a lot of war th Under diehards. Think there's a lot of people who are new the game and are wanting some of the.
Speaker 2: Type of information. I think it would shock people.
Speaker 1: I would really love maybe we could sit down with like seb and get them to share some of that info. How many players are playing and new at these low tiers.
Speaker 2: Because I think it's more than people.
Speaker 3: It's probably is ye.
Speaker 1: This choice is a big one because you know, if you's going in blind, you probably default go with one of three options. You go Great Britain, Russia, or Germany. It's probably what everybody would default. I'm including Great Britain.
Speaker 3: With USA there, Yes, US for sure, especially if.
Speaker 1: You're a longtime war thunder guy where everything was just Shermans for about ten years. Everybody with Sherman's on the Allied side. And now there's pros and cons to all those. But there's also kind of a little bit of a deeper way to approach this, and for me, I called just the fun approach. And for example, I like to bring up a low tier Sweden ground. We'll talk about Japan and China, but Sweden can be very interesting because well, as many of you who've been playing the game of notice, you know a lot of these factions become a conglomeration of different things. You'll find randomly like Italy has a Romanian plane and Sweden don't have Finland Norway, but they also have you know, because Finland had German tech from the war. They've got panzers, they've got T thirty fours, they stole from the Russians, they've got British stuff. They've got a Sherman Premium take if you want to get it, which is arguably at four point zero, the best Sherman in the game because it doesn't have the machine gun port on the front, meaning it doesn't have that natural weakness. So depending on what your style wants to be, there are a lot of good options to jump into.
Speaker 2: And if you're.
Speaker 1: Brand new to war th Under in particular, I would actually start leaning pointing you towards things like Sweden and China unless you just really are passionate about the German tree or the American tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and especially with the main glaring issue of Germany can't be ignored as the fact that German has the worst win loss across ALLVRS and all of warth Under. So yeah, the German vehicles are fantastic, but the fact that so many people start off with playing Germany means that a lot of people on your team probably aren't going to help you win and you don't have to deal with that loss ratio a lot. But yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Think the pros and cons I think comes down to because it's so easy to get into when we're talking about the AMO being a that PZ thirty nine round, the best early round you can you know, get in terms of stock rounds.
Speaker 2: That makes it feel easier.
Speaker 1: But to that a lot of new players might then not take the time to learn, for example, crew locations, ammal locations on tanks, where to actually fire, because you get so used to it two point oh three point zero, while I'll just have my pans are four, my pans with three one shot everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you keep going.
Speaker 2: Then as you tear up, you go, well, what the heck?
Speaker 3: This don't work like you more, especially yeah, especially with your armor. Yeah, you get used to Germany. If you're new, you're used to bouncing rounds, and then quickly the script gets flipped on you, probably around four seven, five seven, and then any.
Speaker 1: Early when those first Tigers come out, you're expecting the Tigers just start dog walking everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they do not dog.
Speaker 3: Walk every and don't get it around.
Speaker 2: They're good, but they're not just dominating the battlefield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any intelligent ally player will punch straight through you every time. Yeah. Yeah, that's definitely hard. And yeah, I like when you bring up China too, because when I started doing My My Ground grind. I really enjoyed China. China's kind of awesome, you know, it is. It is really slept on. I mean, you get some of the best Allied early vehicles, and you get some of the best Russian early vehicles. Like it is really cool. There's nothing really unique about China. They pretty much just take the vehicles that other countries have and tweak them a little bit, but usually they tweak them for the better. I know, before we started the podcast, we were talking about how much I love the T thirty four eighty five that China gets because it's the same br as the Russian Tea thirty four, but they just throw a dishka on the roof and you just shoot planes down like you're playing an American you know.
Speaker 1: It's basically like you're stamping a fifty but you don't have fifty.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, and again coming into place. One thing I'll say about Sweden and China. If you're a new player, or maybe somebody who you just did air and you want to give ground a try, or maybe you're one of the crazy people who was doing Blue Water and you want to give ground the really neat thing about these countries that are kind of the slept On countries I guess we're gonna call them, is they let you experience different plays dolls. Because if you're a German Maine, that's a very different playstyll than a UK mate. Oh yeah, but in these trees you can experience to a degree what all these different types are. So if you're one of those people who's trying to like really find what your vibe is in war Thunder, believe it or not, jumping into like China can help you find out if you're going to be a US or a German Maine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, yeah, I mean there are I would say Russia and US and and Britain, and those major countries are very kind of specialized, like you have to know how to play those vehicles because they're kind of a one trick pony kind of nation. And yeah, if you're brand new to the game starting off as these these minor countries that get a mixture of everything, it's kind of nice because you can kind of learn the game. You can play the first three tiers and then you're like, okay, I kind of know how warth On theer works. I really like this line of vehicles and you're like, wait a minute, this line of vehicle is the Russian line. Then you just hop over and then you'll power level through that major country because you already know how to play it, and you'll like, I really vibed with that kind of country. Yeah, I think that's a great way to start. I always when people come in and they ask, they're like, I want I wanna start playing wortham there where do I start? And I always point them kind of in the direction of, you know, if you want to play US and Russia. You know, obviously I can't stop you Germany too, But like, maybe go play a minor country, especially if you're gonna start off and you might be playing Arcade or something like that, because you get a good mixture of vehicles you can bring in every time, and you can learn the game and that in like Arcade or something, and then once you figure out how to play the game, how it works, what kind of vehicle you like, then you can apply that logic to more major countries if you like that kind of play style. But it's better than getting into America for example, and realizing, hey, I want armor. Well you're in the wrong country for that, you know, like yeah, yeah, it's like it's.
Speaker 1: Like America makes great tender boxes. Now they're also effective. Like, don't get me wrong, the Shermans and stuff could be good. But but just to kind of piggyback on your point. For those who've watched me, most people will probably classify my account as a German main as in that's what I have the most realism, arcade, et cetera, ours on. But if you actually go look at the individual tanks that I have the most kills with, it's actually the technically finish T thirty four, right, That's the one that has the most even though I'm a German Maine, because it helps you really again find those styles that in this case it's you know one again the Sweden thing it and even to the when you talk about China, it feels like when they pour these to these specially countries, they just make them that little bit better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, like that Sherman.
Speaker 1: Even though it's a premium in Sweden, not having that machine gun poured on the front gives us so much more survivability. The T thirty four has great speed and one thing that I found neat about Sweden. Here's a pro tip for all you players out there who are trying to do like your dailies and everything. One of the reasons that I point people to Sweden is the Sherman, the T thirty four, the pans are four, and even these Swedish meatballs that they have those are all ranked three at BR four, which is actually quite rare when you.
Speaker 2: Compare it to the major countries three.
Speaker 1: So that's important because if you're trying to do your dailies, the dailies a lot of times are wanting you to be using rank three and greater. Yeah, well Sweden, lets you get that at a much lower BR.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And yeah you said four oh four oh for Arcade, yeah, three seven for Realistic too, which is even nicer. And we're missing the best thing about Sweden, which is the SOV twenty twelve forty eight, which is you can only buy once a year, but it's three seven. It's probably one of the most overpowered premiums in the game. It's ten minutes. They can't buy it for another year, so it's not like they're going to go use my discount code now, like give me a break, a you know, like like Sweeten.
Speaker 2: Guides it behind the scenes, is like, good job, Gale, proud of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I find it interesting that you that you bring up Sweden because that kind of shows the difference of where we came from, because I grinded out Sweden when it came to the game years ago, and they didn't have the American tanks, they didn't have the finished tanks and stuff like that, So it's kind of interesting. I never think of Sweden as being like a multi natural or national country. It's kind of just to me. I always think of just no armor Swedish meatball launchers. But I guess now, yeah, they definitely have that finish line, which definitely brought a lot of meat to that tree and kind of helped break them up.
Speaker 1: But when you and I first started doing or at least when I first started doing Americans, it was basically what brand of.
Speaker 2: Sherman would you like to play with?
Speaker 1: And thankfully that's no longer the case. If you do decide to be an American player, it's not literally just Shermans. There's still a lot of them, don't get me wrong, but it's not just Shermans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but fair when it first.
Speaker 1: Rolled out, that was basically what you had. You just had whatever flavor of Sherman you're running. If you're at four point zero, you know, you work your way up then to get you the easy eight Shermans.
Speaker 2: But it was still a Sherman.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of people sleep on the Japanese tank tree too. The Japanese tank tree is one of my favorite. They have some goofy vehicles, but they do get of a lot of American vehicles. They get the early Chaffee, they get the early M sixteen SPA, the you know, the M nineteen and the Duster and plus days are getting Sherman's and Jackson's and Wolverines and semi six Shermans like Japan is also great, and they get some of the nastiest early tier naval guns on tank chassis, like the Chiha long Gun, which is my favorite tank in the game. God, I love this.
Speaker 2: I hate it because I love it people I love it. I won't realism and in real life it was trash.
Speaker 3: But in the game, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well I are not arguable.
Speaker 1: Either, Like yeah, it kisses me off match just because it'll be two miles out and in pain.
Speaker 3: Well that's what it was built for. I actually just watch a whole documentary on the Chiaha Long Gun and it the Japanese were like, Hey, they keep laying their shitty boats on our beach. What the hell are we supposed to do about it? They we don't even know which beach they're gonna land on. They just land on a beach. So let's just take this this naval emplacement and what's put on this shitty chassis and that way drives around. But it's great, dude, And you didn't know.
Speaker 2: Very effective war th under vehicle arcade or realism.
Speaker 3: And the game doesn't tell you this, but there is a requirement when you play the chiah how long Gun. If you get a kill with it, you have to yell chi how long gun? Every time. That's a requirement you have to do it. That makes it way more enjoyable. And that might be why you don't love it so much. You've not done that, you know, maybe you're right.
Speaker 2: Maybe next Streme, that's just what we're going to do. There'll be a team every time too. It'll be good.
Speaker 1: So hopefully yeah, you're if you're listening a number one, we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 1: Hopefully this gives you a good basic idea. But I also want to circle back to what I said before. If you are a listener of our podcast from one, thank you number two, drop your thoughts as well, because again, more people are coming to war th Under than you might think, because you know, we were talking last episode about how many play this first world of tanks and stuff, and just the fact that we're over here, like you can log into war th Under almost any given day and there's one hundred thousand active people.
Speaker 3: In the game, which is wild. Yeah, when you and I.
Speaker 2: Were playing this five ten years ago, nowhere near.
Speaker 3: The yeah, like twenty to forty thousand, maybe nowhere close.
Speaker 1: Like you get on steam dB and like, oh, there's seven thousand people on right now. Yeah, those days are gone and it's exciting. But this also is an opportunity for everybody out there to share as well what y'all think. And now we're going to jump into our next segment, which is a new event they're popping out with here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they just announced this today, So if you're listening to the podcast, you probably listen to it on Friday or Saturday, so it will be a couple of days in the event. But yeah, They just announced a brand new Pakistani plane coming to the Old War Thunder and it's essentially just a Chinese made mid nineteen. How are there are some caveats to it? It seems like it has more hard points. They haven't exactly said, but it does get the American export a nine P which if it doesn't sound familiar, that's name nine J It's just exported, super super unique vehicle. I love the mid nineteen. The Farmer is one of the coolest, Like early Soviet jets. It out climbs everything and out everything. I think it's gonna be fantastic. I you know, it's not gonna be amazing, especially for these like if you're a newer player and you bought your way to top tier. You know, most people love to go fly the hornet. You know, that's what they really like as an American player or like you know, on the new s uugh thirties or like a Mike twenty one or an F five or something, you know, because that's what they really push out in the promotional thing. But for all of our older guys that worked through the trees, you know, you might have a fond memory of the big nineteen and I think it's an interesting time to bring out a big nineteen with the strategic bombers that just hit, because that is gonna be a strategic bombing or bomber hunting machine, especially with those see that's nice, very grey dartments a right infra red misses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very curious when we were having this conversation a lot before the show, what br is it going to land at? Because you know, they just rolled out you know, Grandpa buff, they just rolled out the tu Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But then you know, discussing number one, the ported missile's going to have the will it or will it not have counter measures? You and I were talking and then comparing it to things like the F four and stuff. Will this be a ten point zero, a ten three, a nine to seven. You know, there's very curiously where this plane is actually going to land. But just like you, it's you know, I hear a lot of people talk about whether there's nothing more they can add.
Speaker 2: To the game, and I disagree.
Speaker 1: I think there are a lot of Cold War ranges still, so many unique things that can make a fun impact in the game, and this is one of them. Because depending on the tier, if they get the battle rating, right, this could be a really really fun plane to fly.
Speaker 3: Yeah and uh yeah. And what really irritates me is that I opened up you know, TikTok today and I see someone talking about it and all the comment section is like, wow, another event where it's just some medium like medium tier like Cold War era Soviet chet, Like, oh my god, I'm like, come on, guys, like this is cool, like like this is stuff that you know, four years ago people would have been freaking out about it exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's what I've got is I gotta interrupt you. I know it's rude, but if y'all and I know y'all probably know this, but please help us share this out with so many people, for whatever reason, in the content creator community and the major war th Under community, there's this idea that everybody is flying basically br thirty guys gals. Most of the game isn't yeah, and they're excited and experiences, so enjoy it with them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that we shouldn't get more cool stuff, but it's not like high tier doesn't get stuff. MiG twenty nine sniper anybody that's a really good plane, right, you got that recently, So you know. It's the point of it is like, don't roll your eyes at another meg coming in, because that could be a unique fun experience, especially depending on you know, here's how I see it again. Maybe this is just my paradigm, but I know you kind of feel the same way. You've got a Russian design, Russian platform that was licensed by China using American weapons with Chinese radar, Like.
Speaker 2: That just mean, yeah, what has it does have a basic radar, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't know where they are the J six does. I would have to look. I don't think, well, the radar isn't gonna be useful if it does have radar, but it it doesn't. It doesn't have a nose, so I don't think it has radar. I think I'm not sure on that, but it wouldn't be in a use because it just gets IR missiles. So but hey, it's used.
Speaker 1: If you're like rev and you're not very good, you kind of need to know where everybody's at.
Speaker 3: That's fair, that's fair. Yeah, I'm not sure. The dev blog was kind of didn't really give a lot of information on it. I was mostly what I'm worried about is countermeasures. It gets countermeasures that's going to really push it up higher. In br AM nine p's are pretty good, but I mean, for example, the J six, the J six for China right now it already is it's nine to three, and then the the Russian mid nineteen is also nine to three. So this thing, if it's just a mid nineteen but with upgraded like a nine P instead of essentially like an A nine B, my brain would like to put at like nine to seven, but looking at the other vehicles around that rank, it might be ten oh ten to three. It just depends if his countermeasures might even be higher than that. So I'm actually super interested. I think it's gonna be an interesting vehicle, especially if you're newer to the game. It's free, it's only thirty five thousand mission score per mark this time. It's not forty five thousand like the last couple events have been, so it's gonna be an easier grind, and for a new player, I think it's really nice for guys to be adding stuff a little bit more medium mid tier, which you know, four years ago this was essentially top tier, but like now we're talking like a meet mid tier, very simple jet, not a lot going on at that pr You don't have to fight a bunch of crazy all aspect IRCCM Fox two's you don't have to fight Fox threes.
Speaker 1: Everybody's just using liker and cannons. Ye, to your point, what is it the F four c's at ten point zero? Yeah, the Phantom c you know it's got no countermeasures.
Speaker 2: It has a ton of hard points, which and a vulcan. You know, it gives it and a vulcan.
Speaker 1: But this will have what if it's like the Jay six would have two twenty milimeter cannons on.
Speaker 3: It, right, I think the thirties thirty millimeters. Yeah, they're not the They're not the twenty three milimeter that the MIC twenty one gets. They're the well this, they're the thirty mili So I think I think you got like sixty to seventy rounds per cannon, pretty slow cyclic rate, but they are really nice cannon. Saying that something that.
Speaker 1: Has you know what, like a thirty three thousand feet a minute.
Speaker 4: Climb rate crazy crazy fa You're if you're a player who likes doing boom and zoom styles, this could definitely fit that for you, especially if you end up doing a lot of bomber hunting if you play sim missions things like that.
Speaker 1: That Again, this is why I get excited about it, because it opens up some cool opportunities for you to play that maybe in a way you weren't playing before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so yeah, I mean, and especially it really helps new players learn that certain type of play style too, because the mid nineteen is it's pretty unique, you know, at that same br you have, like you know, the American F one hundred is that kind of that br like you said, the early F four C which is pretty bad, but then the you know that you have the mid fifteens and the mid seventeens and the mid nineteen. It's kind of one of those vehicles that not a lot of people seem to play anymore because it is super unique. It doesn't turn well at all, but it is really fast and it climbs really well. And I think it's gonna be a nice counter I think it's a nice complementary plane to the F one O six six shooter that we got in last year's event. That's about the same br as. This is gonna be maybe a little bit lower, but it's.
Speaker 2: One of six is a little similar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but very similar because it has a crazy yeah flying rate like I've got I've also got the city of Jacksonville's skin online. It's a fun plane to fly, but it's also one that I think is going to get to a degree outclassed by this MiG because maybe the missile that we're getting here.
Speaker 2: Is just pretty good, put it superior.
Speaker 1: It's a much better missile in late nine or even ten point zero half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's the same missile that the early phantoms get essentially. I mean it's an AM nine P, but that's exact same thing as a nine J and that's a pretty reliable missile. It's one of those missiles I tell people, if you got a mile and a half with closure and they don't flare, they're dead. It's just it's a very good, high high G pulling missile for low tier. And I think you compare that. Are you used speed wise? Not super fast? It doesn't burn super long either, so that's why I'm not close.
Speaker 2: It's a supersonic mock six or anything.
Speaker 3: No, it's probably MAK two and a half. If I had to guess, AM nine p's are pretty reliable and put that with a Farmer and the Chinese Tree, and that's gonna be pretty good because I mean, look at the Chinese tree right now, you have nothing. There is not a Chinese vehicle between nine oh and ten seven in terms of event vehicles. I mean, we had the F one hundred F which was the two seaters Super Saber, but that was two years ago, two or three years ago that we had that. So China has not had an event vehicle in the last couple of years of this kind of BR And I think it's a nice thing because China is really missing out on a lot of vehicles at rank six, and I think it'll be I think it'll be pretty solid. I think it's gonna be ranked six. I'd have to go back and look, I'm not sure if they're adding it to rank six or ranked seven. That that all kind of helped decide what BR it's gonna be. But I think it's a good event and it's definitely not what I suspected. You know, it's kind of a cool and it's it's one of those planes that I didn't make, no existed.
Speaker 2: Event planes aside.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of how many planes they even have in the China Tree in that range, and I'm only thinking of like three right now as.
Speaker 3: They have they have a bunch of MiG nineteens they have, Yeah, they have the American Exported line, which has like the F one hundred and the F one o four, and then they have MiG nineteens. I think they haven't a J seven, which is an early fish bed, and then they have more Q five which are just mid nineteens essentially. So yeah, it's you might say.
Speaker 2: That China play just several times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, essentially. I mean the Q five is a little bit more of a the Tack variant, but yeah, I don't know. I think it's cool. It's it's April, Like we were saying this, it's a busy time of the year. People got a lot of stuff going on right now, and a nice chill lower mission score required event, A mid tier I think is going to be kind of nice for it right now, and I'm kind of excited for it. I think it'll be good and I imagine a lot of people will get it. It probably will sell, probably not for super a lot, but if someone out there wants to just get an easy grind out there, I would imagine it'll go for like twenty thirty dollars at some point on the marketplace too, so like as long as they let us sell it, which I imagine they'll be an upgrade coupon for it. I don't actually knowing that, I'd have to look, but it usually is for the event vehicles, so I think it'll be kind of unique, and I'm kind of excited to see it, and I think it's a nice break, especially after we just came out of the April Fools event with everything being top tier and top up to your top tier top tier. It's kind of a nice chime of a chill thing.
Speaker 1: And then we've also got remember because you come May for those who haven't followed for a while, and May you're also going to have them throw blue water at you again because that's when they always put the des Moines back on.
Speaker 2: Sale and stuff.
Speaker 1: So it's also a good to me, a good kind of wrap up of what we just had the past few weeks in terms of event vehicles. I think this is a good capper before we start a different style set and then you get deep into the summer and that's going to even change even further. So I think this is a good end to kind of think of it, kind of like playing the game quarterly. Yeah, look at the planes that we've got, and this is a good capper to end where we're currently at and then start that new.
Speaker 3: Set essentially on the on the come down from the ramp up around the holiday season, and we're getting into the point of the year where we're sort of just like simmering down. You get the Anniversary or the May Sail that coming up soon too, which would be nice. Premium should be going on sale again and all that stuff and vehicles be coming back for that and Sully. We're gonna be ramping up to the beginning of the fall updates where there's really going to start growing and growing, and then who knows what we're gonna get this year. So I think, well, heck, we.
Speaker 2: Still believe that we're going to get infantry and fifth Gen.
Speaker 3: This year, so well, like fifth Gen, I think they said next year.
Speaker 2: Now they finally come back and say that.
Speaker 3: A few months ago. Yeah, I think for me the death on the dev blog a few months ago they said that the guigen's not officially said this, but the dev blog guys said not until twenty twenty seven, but who knows, you know, you can't really trust it.
Speaker 1: Is twenty twenty seven though, Like even if it is still too soon, still.
Speaker 2: Only a year away and that's a massive jump from work.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so yeah, I think yeah. I think this new April Fool's event they had, I think needs to be needs to be tweaked a little bit. And they said it's going to be coming back as kind of like a like a semi seasonal thing with tweaks until they finally added to the game full time. I think that mode needs to come out and be rock solid with big maps and a lot of multi roll options before fifth Gen comes out. I think, yeah, a year might even be too soon in my opinion, but people want to structure.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so excited for that event structure to be a permanent thing, Man's.
Speaker 3: I think it'll bring a lot of people in the realistic battles, a lot of guys like you and your community, and people starting off with a game who play arcade just because you get all those different spawns and you can try out all your different vehicles. You don't have to worry about being super sweaty in one life or you have to go back and queue into another game. That new event structure could really bring in a lot of people into realistic battles, which kind of might help conglomerate the community a little bit and not spread people out as much.
Speaker 1: By the way, it comes full circle, why things like this new meg is actually very good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because what br is it? Right around these levels that we're talking about with this event.
Speaker 1: So perfect thing to cap into once we get there, and also moves us into let's get into the nitty gritty of your favorite subject.
Speaker 3: Oh missile, what do you want to talk about the missile that's coming out with it?
Speaker 2: What you specifically? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, because we had a and this is a PSA for everybody who listens to this again, we can't thank you if we had a great comment from a player named Colin earlier and you and I were talking about it and they were asking about, you know, trying to understand missiles and radars from a console player's perspective. And while we don't have that answer right now, let me go ahead and tell you call on anybody else listening.
Speaker 2: We will bring people here.
Speaker 1: We will either find the knowledge or we will we know somebody who has knowledge, and we're going to bring that to you, But how does that affect, you know, in terms of the missile itself, not just this one, but in particular, I want to give you the platform or you the opportunity to really speak number one, why you're excited about this missile, how it's slightly different than some of the other ones at the same br and why it's going to be just you know what's just say what it is, it's going to be fun.
Speaker 2: Tell the people why.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be fantastic. And I think it's one of those missiles that a lot of people look over because you think of early US produced missiles and you think of like the AM nine B and you think of the AM nine E, and both of those are not fantastic. But the J was the next step up, and that is like the first missile you get for the US tree where it really starts feeling like, hey, this is better than the other ones, Like hey, you know it's gonna it doesn't have ir c CM, which for the people who don't know what that is, it's your you know, at your counter countermeasure for your IR. So later missiles gets IRCCM, they can kind of ignore flares This doesn't have that, but it it kind of pulls like you would expect a higher to your missile the poll. You just have to watch out for those flares. But like I said earlier, if you're if you got one mile a mile and a half with closure and they're not paying attention, this missile's gonna hit them. And I think that's a fantastic thing to pair with a mid nineteen because the mid nineteen you're probably gonna be climbing up to twenty thirty thousand feet and you're gonna be proud u pouncing on people when they're not expecting it, and you're it compresses that planeive compresses pretty bad. You do have an air brake which can help slow your speed down. But this is gonna be a nice missile to come in nice and fast. You don't have to get your nose right on them, you don't have to get perfectly like lined up. It is just one of those nice, kind of really complimentary missiles to a nice.
Speaker 1: If you are a boom and zoom style planet, you'll love this.
Speaker 3: You'll love this event. Yeah and yeah, and and I'm trying to think of what else The AM nine P is on it's always on exported planes. But if you've used the American j's as the exact same thing, I think a nine p's are also on the early F fives, Like, yes, they are, so like the early exported F five. So any F five that's that's not American F five that's early like all the ten seven ones, those all have the same missile. So you're talking about a missile that is on some people most like beloved plane, the F five, especially all the premium F fives essentially had the exact same missile. The American F five C has a name nine J which is the same missile. So it is a.
Speaker 1: Missile that and maybe some of the viewers will see this as a negative, but this is a missile that is essentially a bar higher than the plane itself.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it is a it's one of those event vehicles where you have an older plane with a tier higher missile attached to it. So it's going to be somewhere in between those those tiers, like we predicted, somewhere nine seven, ten to three, somewhere in there, depending if it more information comes out, if has countermeasures, probably won't, and how many hard points it gets.
Speaker 1: But if they give it countermeasures, that thing could make it all the way to ten sevens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And looking at the pictures they released of it, like the loading screen of it, it seems like it has more than the early mid nineteen, the Russian MiG nineteen. We don't even talk about the German MC nineteen. It gets nothing and no missile is nothing. Don't don't even bother your time with that. But the Russian mid nineteen it only has those two hard points. Maybe maybe for some of I think the Chinese one might be able to have like two baby rocket pods on it, but this one looks like it has drop tanks, it has the missile pilons, and I think it has an inner next to fuselage pylon for even like cast options. So I think it'll be good. It'll be good for ground. And you know, thinking of what China has at that BR, you really other than the A fives and the Q fives, you don't really have a good cast plane. So especially if if you like playing Chinese ground at that BR and you're like, you know, I've never had the money to spend on a Shinyang or an A five, or you've not had time to grind your way up to ten. Oh, because the Chinese tree is not a slouch. I mean there's quite a few vehicles that get up to ten three tenths to Oh. This might just give you the castplane that you need, so people can look at it in a bunch of different ways. It doesn't just get air to air missiles, so it'll be a good of it'll it'll match well for RB players and ground RB players. And yeah, and that missile is I mean, it's one of the cooler mid tier missiles. It's one of my favorite, more reliable missiles at early tier. And I mean I would rather have it over any Soviet option that it could have gotten. So I don't think it's bad. Yeah, I mean you're it's I would yeah, I would take the A nine PM nine J over the R sixty all day long. You know. Let's think of it kind of like an R sixty might not pull quite as hard as an R sixty. I would have to look at the g I would imagine they're within five g's of each other. But it has the range of a sidewinder with that harder pull, So I think it'll be fantastic.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and yeah, I get us talking about it.
Speaker 1: I pulled up the graphic from the and I was zoomed in like three hundred percent. I really look at the underbelly of this Pakistani meg and oh no, I'm very, very curious now what all these attachments are going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could see that it has quite a you.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't want to like lock in and just say something because I don't want to be wrong. But yeah, yeah, from the looks of it, this is gonna have more than just a standard you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said, they the devlog was kind of limit like, not a lot of information on it. Looking at the A five, I would say, you know, that's also a Chinese kind of messed with mid nineteen. This looks like it has hard points in the same location, so I would imagine it's gonna have six hard points. Two outer ones will probably be just air to air, but you could bring rockets. I'm sure you'll might. I don't know if it's gonna get the underbelly bomb pylons at the eight like the A five Q five gets, but I think it'll be it'll be the nice mixture between two. Think of it like a mid nineteen mixed with an A five if you've have flown the A five before. But it also gets drop tanks, which is kind of interesting, at least in the pictures it has drop tanks, and I don't think I'm MiG nineteen in the game right now has drop tanks, so how many? That thing will be pretty good for sim battles too, if you really want to hunt some of these strategic bombers that are flying around, because I know a lot of my chat was telling me this week how good the B fifty two and the t U ninety five are in air sim. They're dominating air sim because they have such payload that you can just really destroy the enemy team's bases. And you know, AirSim it's bombers are always been very good because you have that mouse aim tail gunner even though everyone else is trying to aim with simulator controls. So this might be a really good plane with a lot of range. You have that amazing climb rate, I mean, paired with fuel pods, you have a hell of a range and good missiles, and we know how hot the B fifty two and the t U ninety five bear are. I mean, those missiles will not miss them unless they are really paying attention. But I think it'll be fantastic. I think it's a I think people are kind of looking past the fact that it's not top tier or it's not a brand new vehicle. People are already saying, Oh, it's just another copy paste or oh it's just another mid tier jet that cares about. I think I think Guiageen was really cooking and they knew what they were doing because they added strategic bombers and we had a very high tier event. So like that added these strategic bombers, and they're like, we need something that kind of like helps counter the fact that there's now hundreds of thousand strategic bombers in the mix, So let's add something that's going to be fantastic at hunting them down. And I think that's why they chose this event. I think it was very calculated on Gaidgeant's guides side.
Speaker 1: Something that I want to speak positive about this event that actually I haven't heard you or any of the other secs talk about, is that if you decide to do this event milestone, and you decided to use GE, depending on how far you've made it in your milestone, you get a discount yeah cost so previously you did ninety you said, Heckett, I'm not going to finish. You spent nine hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Gordon.
Speaker 3: It's always been this way here, are you sure? Yeah, it's always.
Speaker 1: Because I've definitely spent none own buff and I was fifty percent downe.
Speaker 2: With that event.
Speaker 3: Well, the buff didn't, but these normal events, so that April Fools event didn't. But these normal events always have that discount. So yeah, the discount is back.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: They may have adjusted other percentage. I've not looked into it, but yeah, so.
Speaker 2: The percentage is well, it'll vary.
Speaker 1: It can be reduced up to five different times, and then the other aspect.
Speaker 3: Five different times, not just two times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll read it directly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's say you have earned eighty five percent of the required mission points to complete the stage. The price of purchasing the stage behalfd If you're near the finish line first stage at ninety five, the price will be reduced by five times.
Speaker 2: So it is twice okay, but it's up to a factor of.
Speaker 3: Ye, so does it does it do four? Does it go nine? Nine? Nine to four ninety nine and then one nine go?
Speaker 2: So the lowest it can be is one, Yeah, I haven't completed it, okay.
Speaker 1: And then just because you mentioned it earlier, not knowing the coupon, So if you want to be able to sell it on the marketplace, yeah, there's an event that will be running coinciding with this from the fifteenth to the twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: Okay, six hundred thousand mission points. If you complete that, that will give you the upgrade for coupont. Okay, so you want to sell it on the marketplace.
Speaker 3: So that's how they normally do it. I just didn't know if they were doing it. I think that's last event. I think that was seven hundred and fifty thousand, so but still, six hundred thousand mission score is a hell of a lot of mission score. But hey, some people.
Speaker 2: Pay ye two weeks to do it.
Speaker 3: You have do have two weeks to do it, and some people some people do that where they do these events where they don't really want the vehicle. They'll grind that out, sell it on the marketplace, and when the sale comes they'll use they'll just buy a year premium like they just sort of keep their year of premium on on tap by just selling event vehicles. So Okay, so it is back. The discount thing is they usually do that, but it depends on the event. They don't always do it, like with the buff and teen ninety five they didn't do it, but sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I just miss it a lot because I'm not used to that somebody. And look, y'all can judge me in the comments. It's fine, y'all could be listening to this in your truck on the way to work.
Speaker 2: You can talk about how much of a well I am. I am notorious for being like, man, I'm just not in the mood. Ge bam hit the button.
Speaker 3: I did it real bad. I did the exact same thing with the B fifty two and the two ninety five with the last mark, I did every mark. But then they that last couple of days of the April Fool's event, they decided, Hey, you know, your favorite thing about this is that how much PvP you get to do. Well, now we're gonna make it so you get no you get no no nuke score essentially from pvping, so you know, go screw yourself. And I'm like, all right, well, I guess I guess I'm I guess I'm.
Speaker 2: What got me into the event.
Speaker 1: I was I was having fun with my raining F fourteen with unlimited lives, able to actually experience essentially air realism at you know thirteen, and they were.
Speaker 2: Like, nah, you're not doing that more. So I was like, you know what, fine, take my golden Eagles. I will do it anymore.
Speaker 3: It's like, hey, unfortunately most people can't do it do which is just give the sale back what it gave us. But I know a lot of people, I mean even, I mean all my everybodies who only play air. They all told me they bought the last mark too, because they're like, we played two games and we got nowhere near where we need to be. So I'm just like, what we all won't just all?
Speaker 1: But this is also why I get excited with the discount structure, as in, like the further you progress, Yeah, you can skip some of that.
Speaker 2: I like when they do that, because look, I get it, y'all.
Speaker 1: I understand free to play games are frustrating, But when I tell y'all that guiding is not the.
Speaker 2: Worst, please please listen to me.
Speaker 1: There are some out there that will not only not lower the price, they'll double the price and tell you that you're getting a good value. Yeah, just again when I see things like that, not that I'm trying to condone every plane should be spent. I think that every plane should have objectively, objectively easy free to play pass, as in, if you put in a decent amount of time, you can get it without spending a dollar. I really do appreciate when you can combine those two things versus it just being oh, you want the mid nineteen or in this case the F six C, grind fifteen hours or give us thirty dollars. I like that there's a mixture option here for people, depending on what your life is. Maybe you've got work or school and you don't have that time, but you and have some golden eagles laying around left over from your last purchase, you know, and you throw them in there to finish it, you know, whatever works.
Speaker 3: Interesting you say that that you would like people to be able to get anything with just a shitload of work. I'm actually kind of curious if you would be interested in somehow guide and adding away for you to make ge very slowly and passively, so off the course of like a year or six months of playing every single day, if you could get a premium vehicle because you've earned enough premium credits. Because there used to be a thing in war Thunder called the Golden Eagle wagers where you could pop like a wager kind of like the best squad wager we have now, but you could earn ge with it.
Speaker 2: And I don't think, by the way, that's the best wager in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, best squad is great. It is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best wager great. You have to have friends, Yeah, you gotta have friends. Friends, it's the best wager in the game.
Speaker 3: Are not to throw anyone that doesn't have friends.
Speaker 2: Players.
Speaker 3: They all those four guys who just started playing by themselves, Like, screw these guys, man, we have a.
Speaker 1: Squol We both have Squadron more than Welk would have joined us if we all want to come fly with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they got rid of those. I don't think that you can earn Golden Eagle wagers anymore. I might be wrong, but I've not gotten that a long time away.
Speaker 1: So closest we have to grinding for premiums not being in events would be the Squadron seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Squadron set.
Speaker 1: And that's a group thing, like you really need to have your entire group, earning thirty six hundred points in the time span to now I've done it.
Speaker 2: Like that's how I got.
Speaker 1: My F one one seven, which if you like CAST, that's about all it's good for.
Speaker 2: It's great in ground realism CAST.
Speaker 3: If you want two kills, maybe, yeah, there are better options, but it is you. It's cool to find. It is cool.
Speaker 1: The main point is never take it into air no reason.
Speaker 3: I feel like TK and then when I see him in ERA sometimes I'm like, why are you even bringing the nighthawk in here? Like what are we doing? Like it is so cool though, I mean, it's cool, but it's useless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's very useful.
Speaker 1: It can be useful if you do ground RB as CAST, it could be very good with that with it.
Speaker 3: And I love what you bring up the nighthawkse this new this new F six C that's coming out at the new event. It's gonna be fantastic at killing nighthawks because they think they're safe cruising up there below the cons and you'll come in at mock one two and hit them with an A nine piece. So yeah, the nighthawk is cool. That's all it's got going for it. It's kind of like the Comanche. It's just kind of cool, you know, like until they actually killed Guiden knows how to do stealth properly.
Speaker 2: Then look every now and then there's like it's kind of like helicopters.
Speaker 1: There's like seven war Thunder players who were absolutely cracked with helicopters.
Speaker 2: Same through the Nighthawk.
Speaker 1: There's like seven people out there who absolutely insanely cracked, who are.
Speaker 2: Like GBU and F sixteen something. But it's not us. I'll tell you that it ain't.
Speaker 3: There's one guy out there in more Thunder that sees himself as the number one Nighthawk player in the world. And you know what, power to celebrate?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Power to out.
Speaker 2: There make yourself knowing we will celebrate you.
Speaker 1: Will shoot us a replay game where you just you number one and you go with the nighthawk.
Speaker 2: Will we'll brag about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you send me a screenshot of you being the number one Nighthawk player in the world, I'll send you a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Hell if you send us a recording of you earning a nuke with.
Speaker 3: One, Oh my god, if you merch too, we'll load up.
Speaker 2: Will load you up there's your challenge for the week.
Speaker 3: Now this podcast turned into a bounty for the best nighthawk flarity.
Speaker 2: But that's what we're supposed to do here. Yeah, we want to have fun. The game should be fun.
Speaker 3: It's something for everybody. Yeah, And I think, yeah, there's something worth under for everybody. And I think that's kind of the premise of this whole this whole episode is that if you're starting off warth Under and you're looking for a tree to start off in, there is something for everybody. Not everybody is the same. And this event being out. If you're out, if you're one of those people who have already typed on your favorite TikTok guy saying screw this copy paste thing, screw this shitty event, just remember that someone is super excited for and there's something for everybody. That might not be for the top tier players out there, but there are people that are going to be excited for this event. I'm one of those.
Speaker 2: People on your screen thirty, Go on, dude, do we need to talk about your alca seltzer to get ready for the.
Speaker 3: Podcasting overheaded, You're lucky I didn't bound on forty to try to stay alive for this, dude.
Speaker 1: Well we do hope y'all enjoyed another episode of the thunder Buddies podcast. Hit subscribe, hit like, hit the iTunes, all the different things, and definitely come visit us own stream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and thank you out there as well. Thank you to the nearly one hundred and fifty people that have already subscribed to the podcast and it's first eight days or days now. Yeah, very crazy. So we didn't expect to be anywhere we are already. So thank you for anyone who think we're like.
Speaker 2: Five hundred combined views.
Speaker 1: And again, like in the grand screen of like YouTube and stuff, is this the greatest numbers in the world. No, but for a podcast that we didn't promote beforehand, Like we didn't go out, Hey, everybody check what's coming out. Just we started, y'all started showing up. We can't say thank y'all enough.
Speaker 2: That is so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just look YouTube, were over five hundred views, sixty four hours watched, and that's not counting iTunes.
Speaker 2: Google, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Solves doing pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Thank you to y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, and so if you guys have any feedback, if there's something you want to discuss in the future any thing that we may have gotten wrong that you want to correct us on. We are not We're not one hundredercent experts. We you know, we make mistakes too, So if you heard something that we said that might not be exactly accurate and you want to show that you know more than us, then feel free to put in the comment section below. And if there's something you want to discuss in the future or guests that you want on in the future, we could start looking at getting guests on the next couple of months. So yeah, let us know in the comment sections. Except sloth Yeah, I know he's listening. If you already typed mister sloth in, you go ahead and hold back space on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all are awesome. We'll see you next week.