Speaker 1: Well, it is Halloween and there is certainly a lot of scary things happening in the world. The scariest, of course, is the ghost of Donald Trump. We're gonna talk about that today and so much more, including the disaster in Spain.
Speaker 2: Oh what a tragedy.
Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged.
Speaker 2: It's the Cuell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service. Here is the crow Cast. I am Corel.
Speaker 1: Happy Thursday, October thirty first, the last day of October, Halloween.
Speaker 2: And tomorrow, well.
Speaker 1: Dely Lda delis moritos for those of you that celebrate either or have a happy happy day. Amber was out as a little punk rock bumblebee this morning, letting the whole park see or it was really quite fun.
Speaker 2: In fact, that was enough for me.
Speaker 1: You know, some days I have a whole list of topics, things I want to get to, things I want to hit and talk about, and then other days I really, as a talk show host just sort of want to do just that very thing. Talk, not preach, not yell, not shout, not try to convince you of something, but just talk. And the days of KFI and KGO were great because on those days I could get callers and we could just chat.
Speaker 2: But here's what I want to.
Speaker 1: Chat about before we talk about Spain where the rain did not stay on the plane. You know, I was thinking of Halloween, and now I know tonight there's gonna be people addressed as Donald Trump as he mounted into the dump truck, and I thought of that yesterday. I thought of him, you know, doing that stunt in the dump truck, and I thought, this is who we've become.
Speaker 2: This is now what.
Speaker 1: A candidate for the highest office in our land does. He gets petty, you know, Joe Biden made I don't want to say a flipping statement. I just read the whole transcript of the call, and you know, he said. The comedian referenced a floating pile of garbage and called it Puerto Rico. He said, the only trash I see floating around out there are his supporters. Yes, Biden basically called Trump supporters garbage, as my show yesterday talked about, you know, I think a lot of them are trash. There's a video going around on social media of a MAGA person at a polling place wearing a Maga hat, which is not allowed. So the workers tried to tell him to take it off, and he got violent. He threatened to harm these workers because he felt he was entitled to wear his hat. Then we had Trump in the trash truck. Now, I laughed a thousand times from Sunday when I saw a Trump logo on a dump truck, because I thought, that's just so apropos. To put his logo on a trash truck is very appropriate, and for him to do a press conference from a trash truck very appropriate because he's garbage, you know, he is human garbage. But I started thinking back about my show, and you know about talk radio in the nineties and early two thousands, and you know, outside of George W.
Speaker 2: Bush and the.
Speaker 1: Iraq War and things like that, I thought to myself, who were we in America pre Trump? Like, what did we talk about it?
Speaker 2: Think about it all?
Speaker 1: Almost any talk show talks about now from the view you know general trist talk shows, the talk the view that you the this, the that you know, all any political talk shows Stephanie Millard, David Packman, Tom Hartman, even on the right, Ben Shapiro, Charlie kirk All anybody has really talked about for a decade now is Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: And on this Halloween. I find that really.
Speaker 1: Quite scary that for a decade we have become so preoccupied with this horrible piece of trash and his philosophy and the philosophy of his followers. Social media is dominated by political talk and Trump supporters Maga x Elon Musk bought Twitter, destroyed it, turned it into Trump's microphone, turned it into a place of hatred in Donald Trump and his supporters. And I thought about the future. I thought, when we look back on this time, you know, in twenty years, what are we gonna think. You know, it's all gonna seem so absurd.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I wondered what Germany was like before the Nazis, you know, because there was a Germany before the Nazis, and then there came a time where only Hitler could be talked about. And then even to this day, you know, eighty years after Hitler, he still has a big presence in German culture. And I thought to myself, that's what's frightening on this Halloween.
Speaker 2: What's really scary to.
Speaker 1: Me is how this one man and his small group of followers seventy million people out of eight billion people, that's that's us two mystical nonentity. It's not even one percent out of eight billion. And so as I thought about that, I thought, that's the real scary thing that not only has he preoccupied almost all of our lives for a decade, we just can't escape him, but it's crept out into the world. You know, his ghost is everywhere, his specter is everywhere.
Speaker 2: And I thought, how did this happen? Because what did we talk about before? Talk shows were full?
Speaker 1: Before CNN, Fox, MSNBC, they had guessed what did we talk about before this horror? The scariest of all things? Donald Trump? I tried to look back. I tried to think back and think, well, what did you talk about? And I thought I talked about more fun things. I talked about entertainment, pop culture topics. Remember when Brittany shaving her head or whatever, the OJ trial. Remember when these topics were the topics of the day that you talked about. There'd be different things that popped up every couple of days, and they would dominate all of our conversations at work and at home.
Speaker 2: Did you see this? Did you see that?
Speaker 1: Remember that? What did you used to occupy your time with? You know, on this Halloween, a lot of us are really scared, genuinely frightened, and we're frightened that the monster, let's use Halloween terms today, We're frightened that the monster that is Donald Trump is going to win again. We're frightened that there's not enough good people, sane people, and I don't mean Democrats. You know, last night I did a lot of soul searching. I really did, because this is where this topic came from, because I thought, you know what you've been doing this show, and the show has been so Trump centric, and you know, it's like, that's not who you are. You know, that's not who you want to be, that that's not who you are. And I know that some people have done very well. Randy Rainbow has done very well for himself. If Donald Trump leaves the public, if he loses, you know, in six days, five days. My birthday is a week from today. Oh my god, I'm sixty two. A week from today. For those of you that want to send cards, letters, flowers, the address is eight five five zero West Desert in Road, Unit one oh two Dash five oh five, Las Vegas, Nevada, eight nine one one seven. No, that is not my home address. That's the the box that I have someone check for me. Eight five five zero West. Yeah, I have someone check it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't go in case, you know anyway, eight five five zero West, Desert in road unit one oh two dash five oh five last Vegas, Nevada eight nine one one seven. So I think ahead, and I think to myself, being an American, it's always had its problems. You know, if you were gay, if you were a woman, if you were black. It's never been easy. But it always it hasn't always been this depressing. It hasn't always been this scary. America now lives every day on the brink. We're on the brink of a government shutdown every three months when Congress decides to not do its job. We're on the brink of war in Israel and Ukraine. We're on the brink of poverty as the debt national debt sores, and and you know all that. I mean, America just seems like it's on the brink. And Americans every day, every day we have to worry about mass shootings every day. We have to worry about our income every day, we have to worry about the price of things every day. We have to worry about it interest rates every day. There's so much now that we worry about every day that on this Halloween, being an American is terrifying.
Speaker 2: And it shouldn't be. It shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't be scared all the time in our country. We really shouldn't be, and we are. I don't know about you, but I find it very hard to rest these days, to let my mind true. I meditate, I do yoga, I take three edibles a night, two and a half. But I really find it hard to quiet my.
Speaker 2: Mind these days.
Speaker 1: Because the only thing that we talk about now are bad things Donald Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, sex scandals, Stormy Daniels, things that we shouldn't know about, and we do.
Speaker 2: And they invade our lives.
Speaker 1: They creep in like a ghost, always living with us, like a month's or in the closet, always there under the bed, trying to terrorize us. There's a lot of scary things in America this Halloween and the world. I don't really celebrate Halloween anymore. I know it's a gay holiday, but A and it is the gay zone Halloween. A it's just expensive and B. I really do spend enough of my time afraid. Whether it's medical anxiety because I'm aging whether it's you know, if Trump wins, are they gonna cut Medicare? Are they gonna cut Medicaid? Are they gonna cut Social Security? How will I live? I'd like to move somewhere like Palm Springs, even I know it's got the same weather as here, but at least there's gaze, or to another city that has more gay people, i'd or if I stay in Vegas, I'd like to move to a place where there's more gaze and more life, you know. And I look ahead, and I think we have a frightening future ahead if Trump wins. So when as Americans do we get to not be afraid anymore? And when do we start talking about other things, because there's so much we could be talking about, both good and both bad. You know, I encountered a little, tiny story that would be making national news right now, because a lot of times these little stories, like when Andrew and I were on KFI, a national story was that this guy had to get rid of his rooster because it was waking up his neighbors, and he was fighting the mayor and fighting city hall to.
Speaker 2: Keep his rooster.
Speaker 1: And we did a whole interview with him, and Andrew took great delight when he said, what's your rooster's name? And he said Peter, and he goes, so you named your cock Peter, and I just rolled on the floor and the whole interviewerre like, well, what time does your cock get up? You know that sort of thing. There's a little squirrel, a little gray squirrel named Peanut pn ut. If you go on Instagram and you type in Peanut the squirrel, I follow Peanut because his owner has dropped dead, gorgeous, straight but beautiful yesterday because of people on the internet that were angry at this guy, people that don't even know him. They didn't have complaints to where the city, the state of New York went and confiscated his squirrel because you're not allowed to have him as pets. He's had him as a pet for eight years. He started an animal sanctuary named after the squirrel, and now the state has taken his squirrel and wants to euthanize it. Over twenty thousand people have signed a petition to save Peanut the squirrel.
Speaker 2: This would be making national news.
Speaker 1: We would all be involved in the fight for Peanut the squirrel and we'd all be like save Peanut, except there's no room for those kinds of stories anymore. There's no room for those kinds of things to be reported on and for us to get it. I'm telling you, we would all be following this story if there weren't so many other horrible things in the news. And so, as I sat last night thinking, you know, what did we all talk about prior to Trump? What were our worries, you know, politically, what were our fears. We're gonna talk more about this when I come back. Don't forget to like and subscribe my show. The first video of the Correll Cast has gotten over one thousand. The first one to get over a thousand views happened this week because I'm actually paying two hundred bucks a months to a guy named Severer. Don't know where he's from, never met him. He just randomly emailed me and said he could help. So, you know what I said, Okay, he's helping. So if you're new to the Correll Cast, hello, I welcome all of your new people.
Speaker 2: Be sure you like and describe. Audio wise, we've still got comfortable.
Speaker 1: But video wise, the beer is really growing my viewership.
Speaker 2: It just proves essay.
Speaker 1: Here, I'd like to take a moment to think, all the patrons of Patreon, your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell Cast, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, really Corell.
Speaker 2: There's so much great free.
Speaker 1: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, really Corel. Thanks from thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and.
Speaker 2: His little dog.
Speaker 3: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe Blow is in the chat room saying I'm a gay maga enthusiast and I've always had a crush on Corell.
Speaker 2: Well that's very sweet.
Speaker 1: But just know I could never vote for anybody or I could never date anybody that supported Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: We'd fight all the time and not in a good way. Plus I would have questions about your intelligence, you know. And that's the other thing, you know that this guy, the dialogue, the hatred that he has ushered in. You know, there used to be a lot of hatred towards gay still is a lot of hatred towards women. They people have always been trying to control their bodies. Since the dawn of time, men have tried to control women and their bodies. There's been a lot of migrant hatred. That's not new. What's new is is the megaphone that he has amplified that through and made it normal, made it okay. It's not okay to hate people because they come here without papers.
Speaker 2: That's not okay.
Speaker 1: We have enough money, we have enough space. They don't harm you in any way, shape or form, whether they're legal or illegal. Immigrants and migrants and humans cannot be illegal just because they cross something that's man made, i e. A border without man made papers. Humans are migratory. We have always, always migrated. Every human in the world started in Africa. Every single human started in Africa, and then we walked out and migrated all kinds of places all over the planet. We're all migrants. We all started in Africa. Wherever your tribe ended up, it didn't start there. So we're all migrants. And this hatred, this megaphone of hatred that has been in our ear for over a decade. It affects our lives, it affects our mental capacity. You know, we should all be talking about.
Speaker 2: Spain, poor Spain. I made a horrible joke yesterday.
Speaker 1: I said, I guess well, the rain and Spain didn't stay mainly in the plane. The sad part is no one got it because no one remembers my fair lady. I'm gay. I like musicals. So you know, Steve was like, what's that from? I said, my fair lady. He goes, Oh, I never saw it. I'm just like, oh, my god, Audrey hepburn. So Spain has had one hundred and fifty five people die because in one day they got one year's worth of rain. Juxtaposed that next to the United States, where the headline today at CNN and US Today says October was the driest month in United States history. So Spain got all our rain. If you look at just those two facts, that Spain got a year's worth of rain in one day and it wiped out so far one hundred and fifty five people.
Speaker 2: There'll be more, which.
Speaker 1: Is a tragedy, coupled with the fact that the US had the driest October in history, and the only thing we should be talking about is how to solve climate change?
Speaker 2: What can we actually.
Speaker 1: Do substantively to stop this from happening. We're not going to cur We're not going to How do I say this, It's going to keep happening at the level it's happening now. We just don't want it to get worse. So how do we How do we quell? How do we hold off the damages of climate change? That is really the only thing any presidential candidate they shouldn't be talking about grocery prices. Grocery prices are going to skyrocket over the next year, no matter who is president, because places all over the world are suffering the climate crisis. In America, our crops are not getting watered. If October was the driest month there was. Fall starts hard this season. There's not going to be anything to harvest. The hurricane, you know, blew out Georgia and Mississippi crops. No water across the land is blowing out crops in every state from California to Massachusetts, and then other countries that grow food that we eat, like Spain, like Mexico, like Costa Rica, they're having their weather problems as well. So a pineapple is going to be ten dollars soon and there's nothing we can do about that because we are not building any kind of crop system that can withstand the climate. We should be building enormous vertical gardens that are hydroponic that are oblivious to climate change, huge ones, acres and acres and acres of them. That should be all we're building right now. There should be an enormous building project where we build enormous vertical gardens that have enough space to grow food for the nation. Hydroponics also takes less water. You could put them near bodies of water like oceans and desalinate the water. And there's solutions out there, but we're not implementing them because we're all too busy looking at Donald Trump, looking at Maga, responding to what they do, responding to what they say. That's all that dominates our conversation. We don't get fun little stories like Peanut the Squirrel. I wish I could save.
Speaker 2: Peanut the squirrel. I really do.
Speaker 1: I wish I was Oprah and could call the governor of New York and say, pardon that damn squirrel. Get that squirrel back to his owner. Issue whatever permit you need to. You know, he's got of thousands of followers. People love this little damn squirrel, and you're gonna euthanize it simply because the guy didn't have a permit. Give him a fricking permit and give him back his squirrel. I wish I could do that. I can't, but I wish I could. I wish enough people in the country would pay attention to that little squirrel, you know, so he's not killed. It'll kill me if Peanut is killed. He's seven years old. He was raised by this handsome man because he was injured out on the street. He was gonna die. So the guy took him in and raised him, and he lived in his apartment and he loves it. Peanut loves it. Peanut loves his life. To kill him is so horrible. We should be involved in that. It's a much nicer topic. Instead, we're watching the Spanish people dig out from rubble from a year's worth of rain in one day, as we sit in the driest country we've ever had, and we're ignoring it. We're just not talking about it. Instead, we want to talk about how Trump is going to lower grocery prices when he's not. Instead, we want to talk about garbage and whether Puerto Rico is a big island of floating garbage, or whether Trump supporters are garbage, or whether he should be in a garbage truck. You know, there's an ode saying in computers, garbage in, garbage out. That's what this is all. That's what the last ten years has been. Trump entered garbage in, and now all that comes out is garbage. He has taken over pop culture and all we get is trash. And I think it's it's you know, I blame things like the Kardashians on this whole Trump movement, the popularity of the Real Housewives and all these shows where these people are despicable, horrible human beings, and they be have in despicable, horrible ways, and yet they get tons of rating. Talk show host Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro can't lick the crap off the back.
Speaker 2: Of my boots.
Speaker 1: When it comes to doing a talk show. I am exponentially better than they are, and yet they are far richer than I am. Why because they speak hatred all the time. They say obtuse and terrible things that no talk show hosts should ever say, and they say it, and yes, in my anger. In the last decade, I have noticed on air that I say things I never would have said before, because you know what, last night, I thought to myself, You're not a Democrat. I'm not a Democrat. I'm a registered Democrat, but I'm not a Democrat. I'm registered democrat, but I'm not a Democrat. I'm damn near a socialist. I'm a progressive, but on many other things, I'm a conservative. I have many maga friends who agree with my views on many things, like the homeless.
Speaker 2: I believe, as did.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump at one time, that we need to act like it's a federal emergency, get FEMA activated, fund FEMA with more money, and in every major city in the United States, of which there are what like seventy major cities. In every major city have FEMA camps set up with staff that triages these people, sees if they're mentally ill, if they're just financially challenged, if they have substance abuse issues, get them the help they need, and get them back into society out of these FEMA camps once they can be integrated back in and the ones that don't want to go, that refuse to go arrest them. Yes, I said it. Now that's a conservative view, and I'm a progressive socialist, So I'm not a Democrat.
Speaker 2: I'm really not.
Speaker 1: I vote for Democrats because the Republicans have never offered up a candidate that I have wanted to support. Because back in the seventies, Ralph Reid took over the Republican Party and it became the party of God, guns and gays. The Republicans don't care about smaller government. Smaller government would mean they're not involved in abortion. Smaller government would mean they're not legislating about trans people or drag queens. That's not smaller government. Smaller government would mean that they're fine with same sex marriage. Government should not be in the marriage contract. Government should not be in a woman's vagina. Government should not be, you know, in anything that involves.
Speaker 2: Much of social issues.
Speaker 1: If Republicans were truly about smaller government, their entire platform would be empty because all they want to do is grow and expand government, to make rules that make the country into what they want it to be. And so I think back, I think we've all become polarized. We don't have much fun as a country. We can't afford to look at Disneyland three hundred dollars to get in. You know, you want to talk about issues that matter to America, President should try to lower the price of Disneyland, lower the concert prices. My birthday is next week. I would love to go see Adele with Steve. Two tickets to see Adel four thousand dollars. As a president, you want to get my vote, tell me you're going to lower the price to go see Adele.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And we should be talking about stuff like that, how ticket prices are out of control, how airlines, you know, the service is out of all the stuff that we should be talking about, we don't because there's no room, there's no bandwidth, because everything's been about Trump for a decade. Let's hope he loses and at least he is out of the picture. His supporters will still be around and all of that, and for months we'll hear stolen election blah blah blah. Let's hope the GOP moves on if Donald Trump loses, that the next candidate they put forward will be an actual, real candidate that has something to offer America. Even if I don't agree with it, even if I don't like their platform, Let's hope they have one that extends beyond narcissism. All right, No Friday shows period. I'm doing four days a week Monday through Thursday, Friday, Saturday Sunday. I'm taking a break. I'm sixty two years old next week. That's my decision, you know. Unless I may tape a show on Thursday afternoons sometime and play it on Friday.
Speaker 2: So there could be shows, but don't count on them.
Speaker 1: There could be. It'll be a bonus if there is one, But for the most part, Monday through Thursday is when I'm going to work. Friday will either be pre recorded or there won't be a show at all. Three days off, four days on. I think that's plenty of blather from me, I am Correll. Happy Halloween, the safety saying, be who you want to be, so I'm don't hurt me, buddy, have fun tonight passing out candy or doing whatever you're doing.
Speaker 2: And tomorrow let's realize it's all over into.
Speaker 1: The few days and our country to deal.
Speaker 2: I got that. Be afraid of that boom. We can lose.
Speaker 1: America broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the
Speaker 1: CORELL cast on your favorite streaming service.