Speaker 1: Here's a summer travel tip pack. Just one pair of shoes that goes with every outfit, like the versatile, perfectly packable tree shoes from All Birds. Find your pair of tree dashers, too, runners, pipers, and more at albirds dot com. That's a L B I, R D S dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, round two. Name something that's not boring.
Speaker 3: Laundry, a book club, computer solitaire.
Speaker 4: Huh oh, sorry, we were looking for chumba casino Chum. That's right, chumbucasino dot com. As over one hundred casino style games joined today and play for free for your chance to redeem some serious prizes. Chum chumbacasino dot com number believed by plus stirs the conditions of blue website retails Love Radio.
Speaker 2: You are now listening to True Murder, the most shocking killers in true crime history and the authors that have written about them Geese, Bundy, Dahmer, The Nightstalker DTK. Every week another fascinating author talking about the most shocking and infamous killers in true crime history. True Murder with your host, journalist and author Dan Zufanski. Hiring is challenging, but there's one place you can go where hiring is simple, fast and smart and growing businesses connect to qualified candidates. Quotable co founder Gretchen Heebner experienced how challenging hiring can be after unsuccessfully searching for a new game artist to grow with her education tech company. But then she switched to zip recruiter and saw an immediate difference, and you can too by signing up free at ZipRecruiter dot com.
Speaker 5: Slash murder. ZipRecruiter doesn't depend on candidates finding you, it finds them for you, and by using ziprecruiters screening questions to filter candidates, Gretchen found it easier to focus on the best ones then find the right one. In fact, after posting her job on ZipRecruiter, Gretchen said she was honestly surprised she found qualified applicants so quickly and hired a new game artist in less than two weeks. With results like that, it's no wonder four out of five employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day. See why ZipRecruiter is effective for businesses of all sizes. Try ZipRecruiter for free at our web address ZipRecruiter dot com. ZipRecruiter dot com slash m u r d er ZipRecruiter the smartest way to hire. Sexual predators exist in our society, and their evil desire leads them to commit heinous, brutal crimes with little concern for their victims or the toll it takes on the community. Violent sociopaths have no interest in the needs or safety of anyone else and see ordinary people as either targets or competitors. They have no hesitation taking what they want from their victims. Whether they are rapists, pedophiles, or murderers, these monsters will do whatever it takes to get their needs met and their evil desires satisfied. Captain Dean t Olson, retired, is a veteran sex crimes detective with the Douglas County, Nebraska Sheriff's Office serving the Omaha area. In his thirty year law enforcement career, he has seen some of the most horrible crimes committed by one person against another, and he has arrested some of the worst sexual predators the nation has ever seen. The book they were featuring this evening is Evil Desires, The recollections of a sex crime Detective with my special guest, detective and author Dean T. Olson. Welcome to the program, and thank you very much for agreeing to this interview. Dean t Olson.
Speaker 6: Now, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. This is an incredible book with your experiences as you commanding the Criminal Investigation Bureau of the Douglas County Sheriff's Department in Omaha, Nebraska, and you retired after thirty years in two thousand and eight. You have three other books, Perfect Enemy, Tactual counter Terrorism, and The Omega Confluence. Now, you were a sex crimes detective, as we mentioned, and obviously the focus of this book is rape and murder. But in the beginning of this book, you take the reader through the categories of rapists before you get to these extreme, graphic and incredible tales that show examples of these rapists and the characteristics that you outline as you do in the book. Can you tell us a little bit about the categories and what they entail of these rapists.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's interesting. Back in the mid to late seventies, the FBI started doing some serious research into the categories of rapists. Their ultimate goal was to try to provide law enforcement officers detectives with information that would help them narrow the universal suspects so that they could focus their investigative efforts more efficiently, and eventually they came up with essentially four categories, the power reassurance rapists, the power assertive rapist, the anger retaliatory rapist, and the anger excitation. So essentially two power type rapists and two anger type rapists, and the characteristics associated with each helps the detective to determine which category to rape their investigating fits into, so they can focus their investigating efforts more closely on identifying a suspect instead of grasping at straws and looking at everybody that might be involved in such a crime.
Speaker 5: Now you provide an example of an incredible case. March thirty first, nineteen eighty six, and a farmer found a body of a boy named Ricky Chaddick. He had been forwarded missing. March twenty third, nineteen eighty six. You get this call and your partner, fellow detective, what is the process? What do you do? First? You get the call, tell us take us through what happens next.
Speaker 6: My partner in ed Day was Dave and Salek and a really good investigator, and we had worked together for so long that we didn't need to talk. We could read each other's movements and our thoughts, almost like reading each other's minds. But that morning I was in my office returning phone calls and Dave and I were backup investigators. They had a big pass course organized at Omaha Police Central Headquarters. I think there was sixty investigators working NonStop twenty four hours trying to find Ricky Chaddick. These type of cases are very emotional. They hit a community very hard, so people were phoning in a lot of tips, you know, thinking well, maybe this tip will help, and a lot of times those tips they're not all that good. So they would take the what they considered the prime tips, the best tips, and give it to the lead investigators. The more promising ones and lesser quality tips. They would funnel to Dave and I's backup investigators and other backup the investigators at other agencies as well, to free up the prime investigators. The lead investigators to focus on what they consider the more promising tips. And at the beginning of an investigation like that, it is pretty much a mess. You're just grasping at straws trying to flesh out the details of the case and then ass year you have to look at everything, because if you overlook one thing, it might be the thing that is important. So they would take the promising tips, focus it to the lead investigators. The less promising ones they would folk, or they would send off to backup investigators like me and Dave. That morning, I was in my office returning phone calls and looking at some tip sheets I had was going to go work right away when my lieutenant came up and I was on the phone at the time, and he kind of patiently stood by my desk, and I knew he was in a hurry, so I finished the phone call and he said, you need to get out to one hundred and sixty eighth in Ida at that time, a rolling farm field on the west end of the city. And he said the farmer found the body. So Dave and I hit it out there. We arrived, the patrol deputy was there, and the farmer was there and he was pretty upset, and those days that weren't in his cell phone. So he had been out to his field. He'd seen a body in the ditch and kind of backed by some trees a little ways off the road, and he knew enough not to approach the body, so that he would xaminate the scene. He went home in his truck, contacted, they called nine to one one. The patrol deputy showed up, and the patrol deputy was smart enough to follow in the farmer's footprints, their foot track back to the where the body lay. Once he got close, he could see that there was a presence of lividity, which is the purplish brown looks like bruising, but it's not that indicates that the person is deceased because of the blood pools and the lower portions of the body. Once the patrol deputy had seen that, he knew he didn't have to approach, that there was no resuscitation and the child was already dead, so he backed out, took the farmer back out the same way they walked in. So when David I got there, we knew immediately that we approached the same way, walked in the same footprints again, so we minimize the contamination of the scene to see the lividity. So immediately we call the crime lab out and they sent out four people in a big mobile crime lab van and took hours to check the scene and then remove the body for an autopsy. Downicomord which I attended the next day. I mean, you can tell quite a bit from the condition of the body the condition of the crime. Seeing it gives you tips about who the offender might be or what type of category of murder or rapist that he fits. And I say rapists because even though a victim a body may not show any obvious signs of sexual assault, it doesn't mean the victim hasn't been assaulted in some way. But in this case, I can't give a lot of information because it's still considered an open case, and we have what's called holdback information that you don't release to the public because it could jeopardize the investigation or tip off a suspect that you're looking at him, that type of thing. So I can't talk with a lot of detail. But the child had been fed, he'd been missing four or five days, he'd been fed, he'd been kept, he was clean. There were no obvious or overt signs of sexual assault, but again it doesn't mean that he wasn't And from the contents of his stomach, they knew approximately when he had last been fed and things like that. But from that the FBI uses that information the crime scene, the family history, of the child and the child's age and things like that make a prepare a profile that helps you narrow down the universal suspects as you're looking for.
Speaker 5: You include a case because a murder of Danny Joe Eberley, thirteen, He disappeared while delivering newspapers. What is your connection to this story as you write in the book and tell us about this story that you've included.
Speaker 6: Especially my connection, Well hit close to home for me because Danny Joe Everley was the first of two victims in Nebraska that was abducted and killed by I can't think of the name off the top of my head, John Jubert, John Jubert. He was an Air Force airman station at the local Air Force base down and Bell, the Offered Air Force Base, which at the time was a sprawling Air Force base. It's quite a bit smaller now, but there was a home with a strategic air command. Any joy really was taken, and then a while later a young boy named Christopher Walden was taken. And what really hit close to me was that Christopher Walden was kidnapped two blocks from my home on his way to school, the same school that my son attended. My son and daughter so it did really close to home because it was right there.
Speaker 5: You were assigned to the patrol division at that time when Walden was abducted. What other things did this You talk about one hundred officers on that case, and also that rules have changed in some of these cases. I don't know if they were the president for those changes, but when one of these children went went missing, the parents didn't find out till the end of the day. So rules have changed as a result of these crimes in these cases having.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's true. In fact, when Christopher Walden disappeared, is the parents had no idea that they didn't show up at school because in those days, the school wouldn't call. Well, now I don't know of a single school that doesn't call if a child didn't show up and say, hey it's so and so, excuse for the day, or you know, what's the status and it's it's directly as a result in the Omaha area, especially of the John Jubert serial murder cases.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were talking about the search for well, eventually what they found out to be Jubert, but there was no such spec suspects in the case. And you talked about a guy that you say that a unique breed, a dying breed. A sheriff. Thomas had an idea to use the media, but it was controversially the FDI didn't agree with him. Tell us about the idea and what it did result in.
Speaker 6: Well, I actually saw the case dat Thomas was a old school sheriff in Sarpy County. Were the two abductions that occurred, and as an executive, he was standing back and letting his assigned people do their jobs, which is what his job was. He didn't meddle, but he was involved in every aspect of the case, but he would stand back and watch. And after the Walden abduction, the second abduction, he approached the task force and he said, hey, we're not getting anything done here. We got kids being snatched. He said, how about I get on TV and I'm going to appeal to this guy. Turn yourself in, turn yourself into a priest. You don't need to turn yourself into me. And he said, I'm gonna talk to him. I'm going to ask him, why are you picking on kids? Why don't you pick on an adult, somebody who can defend themselves. And the FBI was just adamant, No, you can't do that because if another kid gets taken in because you know, irk this guy or in some way, it's going to come back on the task force and we're going to be blamed for it, and then, you know, and that's a legitimate concern. But Pat Thomas was not to be dissuaded, and he said, no, he saw I'm going on TV tonight and he did. And it turned out to be the thing that precipitated the arrest because John Gilbert reacted just the way Pat Thomas city would. He saw the TV thing because he was watching the progress of the case in the news, which Pat Thomas also realized. He said, I think this guy's watching us in the news. He's watching our newspaper reports, our TV reports and seeing how close we're getting. And Gilbert watched the broadcast and was just infuriated that Pat Thomas has said, you're not a man because you're attacking kids, why don't you attack an adult? So then the very next morning he did. He went out and attacked a woman, an adult, and she was able to get away from him, called police, gave a license number of a car he was driving, an ultimately led to his arrest.
Speaker 5: It was interesting too. You include a famous criminal profile from the FBI, Robert K. Wrestler, and you include and this has happened before where he provides a profile and you say this thing was useless, but inadvertently it led to another murder being connected. Can you explain that interesting story?
Speaker 6: Yeah, wrestlers, And again, you know, a lot of times you don't have a lot to work with. Generally they like to have at least three serial cases because then you have enough information to provide a more accurate profile. But in the case of the Jebbert, he was working off the first case only, and he was way off on some things, like he believed that Danny Joe Everley, the first victim, had been kept for a while by his killer, which wasn't true. We hadn't found the task force hadn't found his body yet. What's the only reason why the body hadn't turned up. But Wrestler's profile was pretty much not helpful at all, so general and generic to the point of being useless. But he came back and revised it when Walden was taken and it was a little more accurate, but still didn't play a big role in the case. The role the case was solved by Pat Thomas and Wrestler, though he studies all this stuff because he's trying to perfect his craft. And then the process of studying the Jewbert case, because of the two killings in Omaha, he realized he was talking to a group of National Academy cops at the FBI Academy in Quantico and he mentioned the cases in Omaha the specifics. An officer there was from Maine and he said, you know, I've got a case that sounds just like this case. And they started looking into it, and sure enough, that was Hubert's first kill when he was a juvenile, sixteen seventeen year old kid in Maine.
Speaker 5: Incredible, and you provide that whole background to his development and evolution as this eventual serial rapist killer.
Speaker 6: It was significant about the Jewbird is that the sexual aspects of his crime were more involved with the sadistic the torture. They call it peaker is, and the stabbing, biting is also a form of peaker ism. It's a sexual aspect, the masochistic or sadistic torturing of the victim for the pleasure of the of the murder. Neither Dan Angel Everley or Christopher Walden had been sexually assaulted in an obvious way, but the peaker isn't. The bite and the stabbing and things like that indicated that it was a sexual crime. And so that was significant because to a layman or a cop that doesn't have a lot of experience or hasn't been tough training, you would look at that saying, well, this guy just likes to stab kids or he likes to bite people. I don't see a sexual aspect to it. When peagarism is a sexual sadist's way of inflicting torture and pain and suffering on a victim.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely it's You write that he had the death penalty imposed and he was executed in July nineteen ninety six, and Sheriff Pat Thomas died in two thousand and ten at seventy years old, and he had retired at sixty five. Let's talk about a case where you earned your first award for rape investigation, and that's the Earl LaBelle case. You call it a hot prowler rapist. Can you tell us what hot prowler refers.
Speaker 6: To that problem case? Either rapist or burglary refers to the fact that the burglar or the rapist likes to go into a house while people are sleeping. It's considered hot prowling because he picks a house specifically because he knows there's going to be people inside. In the case of rapists, a lot of times it's a sexual turn on to be able to skulk around inside and in the dark as people are sleeping, as are slumbering. In the case of Earl LaBelle, one case in particular, where the victim woke up, the victim's husband woke up when he was standing next to the bed on his wife's side. She normally doesn't remember her dreams or didn't remember her dreams, but that day when she was awoke in or woke up abruptly because her husband yelled as a man in here, she remembers that dreaming as somebody is standing next to her with his hands near her face. So Earl La Belle was sneaking around in the dark looking for things to steal and also for victims to rape if he stumbled upon a vulnerable woman, and in the process he was considered a hot burglar slash rapist. But it was an interesting case in the standpoint that patrol deputy actually made the case for me, because I had received the information that they had a hot prowl case down there, and I knew that sometimes hot prowl burglars also indulged in rapes, and I knew that neighboring jurisdictions down there had some rapes, but I didn't have a rape case in my jurisdiction at the time. Subsequently, a couple of weeks later, I had my first rate picked him and themo was the same. A woman had gone to bed at ten eleven o'clock at night. She was a very light sleeper, her daughter was visiting from out of town. She left the front door unlocked, and the squirrel of bell was an experienced burglar. He'd been arrested at the juvenile so he knew that if he carried burglar tools to pry into a building, he could get arrested just by having those in this possession. Plus they could be matched up to tool marks on the door that he pried or whatever. So he knew in a big apartment complex, a lot of people just forget to lock their doors, and they don't lock him at night. In the area that he was howling was a fairly relatively crying free area, so people were nonchalant about locking their doors. Well, in this case, the woman's daughter was visiting. She didn't have a key, so she left her front door unlocked sometime in the middle of the night. Then one thirty two o'clock in the morning, she hears the door open light sleeper. She wakes up. She yells out to her daughter, doesn't get a response, and so she thinks, okay, she didn't hear me. She yells out louder. Well, then suddenly she's starting to get scared because her daughter's not responding. And suddenly she sees a shadow moving down the hallway towards her bedroom, and the shadow's illuminated by the only light that's on in the apartment in her hallway. Well, she panics because she can't go any where. She's in bed, she's trapped. Suddenly, he appears in the doorway with a bandana over his face, jumps her in bed, flips her over, and puts a pillow over head, and starts punching her through the pillow and basically beating her up. He was a angry retaliatory, a tag rapist that he was picking on females and using them as a surrogate victim for perceived wrongs that he had suffered at the hands of another woman, maybe a boss or girlfriend, mother, whoever.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: You don't know the specifics. But Pete her pretty good. And then the process, she was an excellent witness. I don't know how these people do with these victims. Without victims like that, I would never be able to make a case. But she noticed that he's wearing these weird gloves. They were like a fish net. And he's an experienced burglers, so he knows not to leave fingerprints. Well, she said, look, I've got money in my book, my paperback book next to the bedstand. There's money in my purses. Take what you want, please don't hurt me in the process. Then he reaches over for the book and he can't get the pages come through to find the two twenty dollars bills in it because he's wearing these gloves. So he takes a glove off. Well, she's watching him. Even though she's got a pillow over her head, she could see out the side. She sees him lay his hand on the nightstand. So he gets the two twenty dollars bills. Well, about the time that he's in the process of raping her. The daughter comes home, he's locked the front door again so she can't get in. So the daughter's pounding on the door. Well, he panics, and the victim is smart enough to say, my daughter and her boyfriend are there. Even though the daughter didn't have a boyfriend, she wanted him to think there was a man in the hallway. LaBelle gets up, you know, dresses himself, and then heads for the patio door and climbs down the second floor patio to the first floor and then he's gone. But in the process, she had seen that he'd touched his hand to that nightstand. So when I talked to her in the hospital, she said yeah. I said, is there anything that she saw, you know, where I could might identify this guy. Did he touch anything? And she said, well, he had these weird fishnet gloves on, and I'll come back to those gloves in a minute. But she said, yeah, he took those gloves off, and I think he touched the nightstand. So I called the crime lab. Guys are still at the scene, and I said, look, do that nightstand very close. I said, he might have touched his fingers or a palm to that nightstand. Well, in most cases when a suspect is brought in, they take what's called ten print cards, so fingerprints only. They don't do the palm prints. But luckily for me, we had a really good cop named Gary Kirkle. He changed his name in the bookcause they don't have permission to use his name in the print. But he's patrolling one night when what Belle is doing his hot prowling, and he gets what most midnight cops think is a dream call. He's got a hot prowler in an apartment and he's a block away. He's literally across the street from it. He shoots across the street. He sees a stocky black mail winding south from the Citadel apartment complex. He turns and tries to chase him down in his car, but he disappeared and he went with a complex which is just south of there, a big, sprawling metropolitan apartment complex with a lot of garages and cars to hide behind. So he hangs back and he waits and has another car go to the scene to talk to the victim. In the process of waiting there, he sees a car drive through real slow and sees it his brake lights a couple of times. As he sits back with his lights off, he sees that same stocky blackmail run from between two grudges and get in the car, pulls the car over and in it is Earl la Bell and the past your Side and his girlfriend. He hauls them both in impounds the car. In the process of talking to Earl of Bell, he says, look, he said, can we take your fingerprints? And Earl says we already got him. He says, well, can we take your palm prints?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: Why he was smart enough to ask for palm prints, but that's the sign of a good cop. He went the extra mile. He took the Earl of Bell's palm prints. And he didn't have enough to make a case on the hot prowling case where he was in the apartment when the man woke up and chased him out of there. But when I got the right case later then went back to the crime lab and he asked they said, do you have a suspect that we can look at? And they said, well, I don't have a prime suspect, but I said I would start with curl label and one of the crime lab guys that remembered him and said yeah, he was in here a couple of weeks back. I said, yeah, I would start with him, went back and started doing my thing. You know, this crime lab stuff isn't like on TV. It takes hours and hours of tvous work. Went back to my desk and I was.
Speaker 4: Hey, Guysai, it is Ryan. I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a bit of a fun fanatic when I can. I like to work, but I like fun too.
Speaker 2: It's a thing.
Speaker 4: And now the truth is out there, I can tell you about my favorite place to have fun, Chumba Casino. They have hundreds of social casino style games to choose from, with new games released each week. You can play for free anytime, anywhere, and each day brings a new chance to collect daily bonuses. So join me and the fun. Sign up now at Chumba Casino dot com.
Speaker 1: Nob'dres necessary da ripod where everybody lost in terms conditions eighteen plus.
Speaker 4: It is Ryan here, and I have a question for you. What do you do when you win?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Are you at fist pumper, a woo, a handclapp or a high fiver? I kind of like the high five, But if you want to hone in on those moves. Check out Chumbuck Casino at chumbacasino dot com, choose from hundreds of social casino style games for your chance to redeem serious cash prize. There are new game releases weekly plus three daily bonuses, so don't wait start having the most fun ever. At chumba Casino dot com.
Speaker 1: No were necessarily where everybody lost in terms of conditions eighteen.
Speaker 6: Plus doing things and making phone calls, and the crime lab guy Bill Kawful came running in. He says, hey, he said, I made the palm print on earlabel on your rape. I said, well, tell me about it. He says, I got a right palm print on the I'm a lift that was taken fingerprint lift that was taken off of the nightstand. He said it's a partial, but he said, I got ten points of identification. Well, then I had my suspect because how his palm prints got in there could only be one way. He had to be in the apartment, and from there I made cases against him for the rape of I changed her name to Kosiski, but anyway, I made that case. And then a neighboring jurisdiction also had a rape similar mo. They weren't making any headway, and I called him and asked if they wanted me to assist him with it, and they said, well, we'll get back to you, and they get tied up whether the cases. The victim in their case read that I had arrested LaBelle in a newspaper and they called and said. The victim called and said, can you work our case for us? And they said I can't. I said, it's not my jurisdiction, but I said, I will call that jurisdiction. I'll talk to the chief and see if I can assist him. And she asked me, she said, do you think it's the same guy. I said, yeah, I almost bet it's the same guy. I called the chief and to my surprise, he said yeah. He says, please feel free to work. If we don't have a suspect, we'll give you anything you need. So I talked to the victim and he had worn a blue bandana, so she wasn't able to make an id from him. But it came to me in the process of talking to her that she was a very resolute and smart witness. I called her up and I said, I can't identify this guy because he wore a bandana. I said, could you recognize his voice? And she said, yeah, I think so. So I said, if I get recordings and play them, would you think you'd be able to recognize his voice on a recording? She said, I think so, And so'll do me a favor. Write down four or five phrases that he said exactly, and then I'll meet with you and we'll prepare basically a transcript and I'll see if I can, you know, get the sample, and then you can listen to and if you identify somebody, fine, If not, we'll keep going some other direction that the voice example are played it. She identified the guy immediately. They had five other voices on there, and she had no doubt it was him and made the case on it for the second case. But it was a very unique case. I don't know of any other case that's been solved in Nebraski history based on a voice exampire voice ID.
Speaker 5: I'd never as I mentioned before the interview, I'd never heard of anything like that, and I thought this was just the most incredible story of utilizing this body warrant to be able to do something like this, and at first you say that he's very hesitant. The perpetrator, Lebelle, was very hesitant to do this, but then he submits to it. You talk to his lawyer and can you explain that again why it was the duty of his lawyer to be able to honor that warrant.
Speaker 6: When I went down to the correction center where lebel was how at the time on my previous arrest for the palm print, I had to transcript with me in a tape recorder, and I sat him down and I said, look, I've got a body warrant here to get a voice sample from you. I showed him the warrant, gave it to him, you'd look right it over and he said, I'm not going to do it. And I said, well, you don't have a choice. They said, the judges signed that. I said, here's the transcript I want you to read. And he goes, that's some racist bullshit. I said no, I said, the other voices are also black. He said, oh are? They said, Well on, it's a black police officer, I know a couple of black deputies and a black city prosecutor. Head I'm not going to read it. And as you read the transcript, he really got upset. You could see him getting visibly upset because he realized that my victim from the neighboring jurisdiction's case had nailed him. I mean, she had his phrases down pat and then he just threw everything on the desk. He said, I'm not going to do it. So I handcuffed him, put him in my car, drove him two blocks north to the courthouse, where I just got in the body, warn't signed him, brought him before the judge. The judge told me, he goes, Look, he says, the guy he's already in jail. He said, the statue doesn't have a lot of teeth in it to force compliance. He goes, I don't know what the contempt citation would do for the guy who's already in jail. He can't post bond, so you know, he basically be spinning your wheels. I can't force to give you the voice examplar. So I thank the judge. I took the label back down to the correction center, grabbed him off, and I it'd seen on his papers from corrections that he had a defense attorney named Don Klein. Well. Don Klein was a former prosecutor who had left the Prosecutor's office went into private practice, and I knew Don from prior cases that I worked with him. So I called Don up and I said, hey, look, I've got a body warrant on your client. I need a voice examplar. And he's refusing to give it to me. And he said, okay, what's the docket and page number on the warrant? So I told him and I said, look, I gave label a copy of the warrant. He basically crumpled it up and threw it away, and I said, I need you to tell him to comply with this. You're an officer of the court. Could you do that for me? He goes, yeah, no problem. He said, I'll talk to him later on today. If I don't call you back tomorrow morning, he said, give me a call. I'm kind of busy with other cases. But he says, I'll get him to comply. So he went down. He talked to his client, LaBelle and Corrections, and he said, you got a body warn't it's legitimate. I can't tell you not to do it because I'm an officer of the court. There's a compelling reason to give it because the judge assigned it you need to give it to him. I called client up the next morning because I was anxious. I wanted to get it done, and he said, yeah, he said, I talked to him yesterday. He'll give you the sample today. Went back down there again and the guy was dragging his feet, but I just stayed with it. Took about an hour and a half to get him, to convince him to do it, and he balked at some of the more damaging or incriminating comments that he had to read, but he ultimately gave it to me. And once I had that, then I took the samples out, had the victim come in from the other jurisdiction, and she picked his name out of it. What's essentially a voice lineup of one suspect mixed in with four or five other people. Interesting case.
Speaker 5: Now, it's to add to this interest though it looks like all these heroic efforts and have resulted in this, you know, would be conviction here. What is the monkey wrench in this whole deal? Here? What happens?
Speaker 6: Well, the weakest case obviously was the voice identification, because there's no fingerprints, there were no eyewitness, she couldn't identify him, and the defense attorney was going to make a big deal out of the fact that she couldn't identify Hi because he wore a bandana. Was his understandable. They have to vigorously defend their client. So I lost track of the case because I was working other cases, and I seldom went to court to watch a trial unfold because I just didn't have the time, So I didn't pay much attention, and I didn't realize that the prosecuting attorney decided that he would arrange a plea bargain for LaBelle because my fingerprint or prom print case was so wrong, that LaBelle would plead guilty to that essentially one count, and they would drop the count for the victim from the other jurisdiction that made the voice identification. Well, she was in court with her husband and was just furious because the prosecutor didn't tell her that that was the case. Now, what the prosecutor did was as part of the plea arrangement, he said that even though he's only pleading to one case, the palmprint case, I'm going to enter into court for sentencing that he's also accused of the second crime, second rate, and that case is while a strong case is not being prosecutor. It's part of the plea arrangement. But that way the judge will know when it comes down to the sentence that he's actually involved in two rapes instead of just won. Well, to the victims sitting at court, it sounded like her case wasn't important because they dropped it. So I get a phone call from her and her husband hours later, and they're visibly upset. And I don't blame him, you know, you can understand where they're coming from. And then got on the phone he goes, I can't believe this. You know, my wife goes through this, and you did your job, and a prosecutor fell fell down on his And I said, well, let me call and find out what the logic was. And I called on and talked to the prosecutor. I said, look, you know, how about telling these people what's coming so they're not blindsided like that. Well, I understand. I kind of understand where the guy's coming from, because he's also got to hit the caseload. But I said, you know, these people felt that they weren't important enough for justice, justice to be served for them. He was, well, that's not the case. And I said, well, can you call them? Well, no, he never did. But the bottom line is I told him, I said, here's why, and they said, the bottom line is, and he comes up for sentencing in about six weeks. I said, he'll be sentenced for essentially two cases, yours and the other one. I said, So he's not getting off scott free, and I said, it saves your wife having to get on the stand and testify against him and being cross examined, which is an unpleasant experience sometimes in those cases. The interesting note on this case is that Earl of Bell excuse me, Earl we Bill. Yeah, he was just released in prison like two years ago. He was the longest serving inmate that I had in prison. He must have been a disciplined nightmare because he should have been out much earlier. But he's out, and hopefully he's old enough now where he's aged out of reoffending because he's a dangerous individual.
Speaker 5: Let's use this as an opportunity to stop for a second to talk about our sponsor, which is ritual. We all want to do the right thing to keep our bodies healthy in the long run. But even if we try really hard to eat kale salads and drink green smoothies, We're still most likely not getting all of the essential nutrients we need on a daily basis. Enter Ritual, the obsessively researched vitamin for women. Rituals Essentials have the nutrients most of us don't get enough of from food, all in their clean absorbable forms, No shady additives or ingredients that you can do more harm to your body than good. Too easy to take, the capsules provide nine nutrients you need to support a strong foundation for your health. My wife Lisa decided to take Ritual about twelve weeks now. She especially appreciated the amount of research that Ritual did to create their ritual vitamin, and she feels very confident about their claims because she thinks Ritual has made a difference in her everyday activities. From D three to Omega three Rituals Essential for Women helps fill gaps in a women's diet. There are no nausea, capsule design is gentle on an empty stomach, and there's a mint tab in every bottle to keep things fresh so you don't get that fishy aftertaste common with most Omega threes. A subscription is easy to start, and it's easy to snooze. It's only a dollar a day to have all the essential nutrients your body needs delivered every month, no strings attached. Better health doesn't happen overnight, and right now ritual is offering my listeners ten percent off during your first three months. Fill in the gaps in your diet with essential for women, a small step that helps support a healthy foundation for your body. Visit ritual dot com slash murder to start your ritual today. That's ten percent off during your first three months at ritual dot com slash murder. Now, Dean, we were talking about your incredible book, and as it progresses, the examples of the four categories of rapist become even more extreme, more interesting, but far more disturbing. One of the most disturbing cases I've ever read about is this Thomas red and Nesbitt, a member of the Omaha chapter of the Hells Angels motorcycle Club. You talk about not to get too far into it, but you just describe some of the behavior of these outlaw motorcycle members. You refer to a term called sweeties. Tell us what sweeties is and introduce this Thomas red and Nesbit and what type of rapist category he falls into.
Speaker 6: Nesbit was a member of the Omaha Chapter of the Hell's Angels. For those who do not know, the Omah chapter was the first Hell's Angels chapter organized outside of California. It was the first extra territorial chapter that the Hell's Angels established, so there was a long history there. It's originally the chapters were in California only, but as a gang started to grow and expand, Omaha became one of his first chapters outside the state. They had a concept they viewed women as property in chattel. Sometimes they would trade women like they traded motorcycles. And Nesbitt was an anger, retaliatory type rapist. He viewed women as property that they owed him sex and ever he wanted it, and if he didn't get it, he would beat him up to take it, and there was no remorse, nothing like that. And the concept that the Angels operated under was that women in a bar that if a guy wanted a woman to grab her, take her home and rape her against her will, snatch her off a barstool or whatever. They called him. Sweeties. They were women that were brought to parties or tricked into being alone or secluded where an angel could rape him, and the sweeties term was an ironic term obviously, because they weren't sweet. Nothing sweet was going to happen to them. They were going to be victimized. And in case of Mary Kay Harmer that they write about the book, she was tricked into coming to one of the angels houses in Carter Lake, which is a city actually in Iowa, but it's on the adjacent to Omaha. And Nesbit had a girlfriend at the time, and he said, call up some of your high school friends and tell him you got a housewarming party and invite them over. And of course it was a trick to get innocent young girls there to the house where Nesbit and his neighbor, Wayne Bieber, who was also a Hell's Angel, could attack and rape them. So the girlfriend contacted some friends and Mary Kay Harmer was one of the girls, and she thought she was coming to a party with high school friends and didn't realize that it was all a setup for her to be she was a sweetie. It was all set up and was going to be raped, and because she fought back and was probably going to call the police to report the rape, Nesby decided to kill her.
Speaker 5: You talk about the involvement of this woman named Ray, and this is Nesbit says. You say, old lady again despite the threat of Hell's angels. Tell us, as you write in the book about Ray and why on Earth and how get in the crosshairs of the Hell's Angels.
Speaker 6: Well, there's a lot of psychological processes underway with women that decide to hook up with these angels. Sometimes it's low self esteem. Sometimes they've been victims of sadistic men in their past, raped or abused by loved one's father, husband, whatever. But essentially they cling to an outlaw biker like a Hell's Angel because it provides them with security and maybe a little bit of self esteem and some prestige in a six sort of way. She was attracted to the lifestyle because for one of those reasons, I don't know. I've never really talked to her about it, but the bottom line was that she was attracted to that. And she worked three or four jobs so that Nesbit could not work and basically was shiftless.
Speaker 7: With the.
Speaker 6: The house and do to open drink and ride his motorcycle and steal and thieve and sell dope, and and she paid the bills because she was at you know, one of these beaten women who kissed the hand of her abuser just so you would pay attention to it from time to time. I think at the time she had the three jobs and Nesba didn't have any job, and she paid all the bills while he could hang around with his game. But he's.
Speaker 5: So you have that is in terms of that night, she and another friend again the old lady of this Wayne Bieber, they are ordered to go pick up these sweeties. They are asked to invite their friends to lure their own friends to this party. At first it was this Jorgensen was was scheduled to go, but she changed her mind. So unfortunately, this harmer was interested in the drugs that that we've promised to be supplied there. Now Ray and this Bridget are It's an incredibly disturbing story because you have that this bridget is concerned that her old man is having sex with this woman that they're going to rape, so that she's going over to this house next door trying to interrupt what she believes is just her husband being adulteress rather than the horror that's actually being perpetrated on this young girl. Eventually, this woman has to go to work, so she has to go into the house. What does this lead to in terms of this person ray and what does she do as a result of all of this?
Speaker 6: Well, did you say she had to go to work? So she finally forced her way into the house, and she saw blood on the floor and went into the bathroom and Nesbit and Biaber the Hell's Angels, when they yelled at her to get out of the bathroom, and they said, did you see her? Well, if shower curtain was pulled, So she claimed that she never saw anything. But what they had done is they they're smart enough to know that they contained the mess. If you're going to kill somebody, to do it in the bathtub where you can wash down the after effects of a killing in the drain. So she said she never saw the body that the shower curtains pulled. She got yelled at to get out of there, so she did. But she saw blood in the kitchen, saw blood other locations in the house, and said that she had to go to work, so she left, having to her recollection, never her claim had never seen the body. She got home that night after working and found out that the house had been thoroughly cleaned with bleach and sanitized, and all of the bed linens had been washed, and some carpet had been torn up and was now missing from the floor, and she didn't realize it at the time, or claimed she didn't realize it, But Biaber and Nesbud had rolled up Mary Kay Harmer's body and the carpet, and they had carried it next door to Bieber's house and hid it in the garage because they knew that eventually the police are going to come to the house looking for Mary Kay Harmer, so sure as heck that day, then the family gets notified by Jorgenson. Harmer's roommate, Harmon, never came home, so they called the police. It was a sheriff's department because the place she lived was outside the city limits at the time. Detectives went to the location and asked permission to search, and of course Nesbit had nothing to hide because he knew full well that Mary Kay Harmer, the victim, was next door rolled up in a roll of carpet. They had stripped her, washed her body, cleaned it, and burned her closed. Bieber had burned her clothed in a burn barrel in the backyard. Detectives searched the house, didn't find anything obviously, and went their way, and then she was missing for nine years. What had happened was they found a manhole, unused manhole, about half a block away from the house, in an industrial area that wasn't built up, dump her down there, poured lie on her with the mistaken assumption that it was going to dissolve things, and it didn't, and essentially her family suffered for nine years not knowing what had happened to her, had no word of where she was. The two old ladies from the Hells Angels weren't talking for obvious reasons. They were afraid. But Nesbit and his girlfriend fled Omaha. They moved to Chicago and changed their name because they were worried obviously that the police are looking at him, and Bieber and his girlfriend they fled. They went to ended up in the suburb of San Diego, and then of course when the body turned up, then the heat started again because now they had a crime for sure, because they had the body would look like two bullet holes in the head, and it opened the case again. The body was found by Yes survey crew. The survey crew popped the manhole and to their surprise there was a skeleton in the bottom. Obviously, they called the police right away, processed the scene, recovered the body and started checking this in persons and we could tell you from the nature of the body that it was a female early twenties, late teens. And right away Mike captain at the time Tim Dempsey, who had worked the case as a young detective, he said, this could be Mary Kay Harmer because the Hell's Angels houses are like one hundred yards from this manhole. Would have been a good place to dumper in the middle of the night. Nobody would see him that type of thing. In the process or in the meantime, red Nesbit the killer had fled to South America. He used the Sell's Angels connections to get a phony passport on Their last name was Stein. I think it was Michael or Thomas Stein. He fled to Brazil and him and his Angel buddies down there helped the Brazil Hills Angels get their chapters started down there. Well. After a while, they get tired of living down in Brazil, so he came back to Chicago area where it was originally from. Using the phony passport and the phony name and promptly started cooking meth. The DEA had a clever sting going at the time. They would monitor bulk purchases of the chemicals, the precursor chemicals used to make meth, and if they noticed that people were buying these, they would conduct an investigation to see if these people were in the process of using these chemicals legitimately or if they were in the process of manufacturing meth. And they set this company up in Chicago called North Central Interstate Chemicals or something, which the abbreviation for the word of the company was NCIC, which is ironic because that's also the name of the computerized system that held the warrant for Thomas Nesbit for murder. Flipping back a little bit after the body was found and they got a warrant for Nesbit, couldn't find him because he was in Brazil obviously, but eventually came back home and had a phony name, and he'd been told by other angels that the body had been found, so he was laying low, but he couldn't resist cooking meth. And so they started ordering chemicals from NCIC, a chemical company, and they had a chemist for DEEA would look at the hoarders and extrapolate from the purchases what quantity of meth was being produced and that type of thing. So they started survailing the people that were buying these things, and it turned out that one of the people involved in the purchase was a Brazilian woman named Anna I remember her last name, And so Thomas the Silva and Thomas Nesbit's brother, they followed him to a house in Indiana, a kind of a suburb of Chicago, set up a surveillance and arrested them and said who's the cook, who's the chef, and they said, well, it's Mike Stein, still using Nesbitt alias. They talked to the owner of the property. He said, yeah, I rented this to a guy named Stein, and no, I had no idea what they were doing with the property, but you know, I rent a lot of properties and his name was Michael Stein. Didn't anything out of Michael Stein because it's a fictitious name. So eventually he ended up arresting Stein. He found a lot of chemicals, a lot of meth in the house, and they booked him under the name Stein. Well, the next day in court that he came clean. He goes, now I'm tom Nesbitt. He said he might be looking for me for murder in Omaha, and that's how they linked him to the case.
Speaker 5: And what was the result of all of that.
Speaker 6: He has stood trying, He stood trial and got convicted. He didn't have money for an attorney, he claimed he did in any way. So one of the best criminal defense attorneys in town is head of the public Defender's office. He defended him, and he was convicted. He's filed four, maybe five different appeals and lost each one. Sentence to life in prison without parole. So he's going to die behind the walls and the state Penitentiary in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Speaker 5: Deservedly. Let's talk about one more incredible case, the Christina O'Day rape murder. You call it the babysity the babysitter killers. And you say this is by far the most brutal. Well, a judge in this case that it was by far the most brutal murder trial he's ever heard.
Speaker 8: Wait, the lucky landslide. You can get lucky just about anywhere.
Speaker 7: This is your captain speaking. We've got clear runway and the weather's five. But we're just gonna circle up here a while and get Lucky. No, No, nothing like that. It's just these cash prizes add up quick. So I suggest you sit back, keep your trade table upright, and start getting lucky.
Speaker 8: Pay for free at lucky landslipes dot com. Are you feeling lucky? No purchase necessary void. We're prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply. See website for details.
Speaker 3: You're dedicated to building a bright financial future. Grow your investments with Millibank's high Yield Savings account. Earn a highly competitive annual percentage yield with no fees or minimums. Getting started is simple to download the app, link your account and start growing your money. Welcome to a new way to save more for the things that matter most. Welcome to Millibank, visit Milli dot bank or download the Milli app today.
Speaker 5: Tell us about this killer and what type of just this killer is? Before we talk about Christina Day and Martha Beshawan.
Speaker 6: And Christina o' day was a young high school girl. A friend of the family needed a babysitter to watch a young child six years old. I believe at the time because the mother was recently divorced or was no longer married. I don't know if it was a divorced or death in the family or whatever. But the mother was working nights, and so she needed somebody to come in and babysit in the house overnight while the child slept, and get the child up in the morning to go to school. She knew the mother knew this Oday family and trusted them, and so she hired Christina to come into the house every night Monday through Friday, spend the night there, get the child up in the morning, feed her dresser, get her off to school. Well, Christina o' day knew a couple of guys and from high school. One of them was no longer attending high The other guy she didn't know, but he had worked with this I'm trying to think of what his name is. Garza knew this guards a kid from high school. Garza had dropped out of high school, and he knew that Christino Day was spending the night in his house. So he came over to the house one night, But it was a night that the mother happened to be home, so he was basically told to leave. The mother didn't marshall Bouchan. The mother didn't think too much of it. She basically said, well, who's at the door ten o'clock at night and Christino dasa some kid named Michael Garza, and why was he here? Well, he knew me and I told him he couldn't be here, So the mother basically chased the kid away. The next night, he came back two o'clock in the morning with a guy named Wayne Brewer that he met. Both were working at a Kentucky Fried Chicken at on the west end of town. They broke in. Garza broke in and cut the phone line at the back of the house. Went in the house, supposedly to steal things to pawn so he could get money to pay his car insurance. But once he got in there, he let brew her into the front door. Of course, Christina a Day and the six year old girl is sleeping. They have no idea. He goes upstairs. He wakes up Christina a Day, ties her up, strips her naked, ties her to the bed, puts the gag on her, and beats her and then rapes her and sodomizes her. He goes down and he ridicules Wayne Brewer. He didn't want anything to do with the race. Brewer goes up and he assaults her, wapes her, and then Garza decides he's going to kill her because he can't leave a witness. In the process, the young girl, the six year old, had awakened and he went into her room with Christina o Day by the wrist, holding her by the wrist and said tell her it's okay, it's you know, to calm down. We're going to be leaving soon, and please go back to sleep. So the little i went back to sleep. Garza got a twelve inch butcher knife from the kitchen and basically stabbed cut Christino a Day so she bled to death. He piled up some items like a VCR and some other items was going to steal by the front door. He had taken a taken a door closer, hydrawl a door closer off the front door, and had beat her with that, so the assault was very very brutal. In the process, Christino Day bled to death, and then Brewer her guards and Brewer Brewer when they flooded and and bothered taking the items, they reportedly went in to steal. But the next morning the little girl got out, she heard the alarm going off in the room, looked inside and saw her babysitter laying there. And I was scared to death. So she went to a neighbor's house and said, I think something bad has happened to my babysitter. They called nine on one the patrol deab. He showed up and realized they had a homicide. That's when the case started.
Speaker 5: It's interesting and it's horrifying to realize that as you bring the reader in that the girls runs from home to home and nobody answering that doorbell, and then finally she's there seeing the horror and listening to the babysitter being tortured and raped and assaulted. So how does the how did the police get to find out about Wayne Brewer and Garza?
Speaker 6: Well, we first thing you do is you talk to the people closest to the victim, in this case, her mother and also the mother of the six year old girl. And in the process she said, well, there were two boys here at the house last a couple of nights ago, and she described him as Wayne, or not Wayne, but Garza, and so with that name then they were able to look at him as a possible suspect. They went to where he worked and they said who does he hang around with here? And they said, well, he worked with a guy named Wayne Brewers, so now they had the other name started looking for these two kids, and in the process, Garza went underground. He fled as Stanley was actively hiding him and Brewer, to his credit, his mother said, I'll bring him in to talk to you. Brought Brewer into the Sheriff's department headquarters and sat him down and started interviewing him, and eventually he confessed, and that's when we had the details of the case because he said, yeah, it was me and Garza and we'd gone in there. Garza broke into the back window and basically laid out the whole scene, points of events with in graphic detail. Brewer at the time was eighteen, so when he got sentenced, he got sentenced to life without parole. But Garza was sixteen or seventeen at the time. So they had a Supreme Court ruling that came up a number of years ago, so he had to be resentenced because they said it wasn't fair to a juvenile to sentence him to an adult sentence because his brain wasn't fully formed, and so they had to resentence him.
Speaker 5: It was concerning for the family, but he did receive a sentence that essentially will his first parole date might be when he's sixty five years old. And yes, that's his eligibility. So that's his eligibility, right, It doesn't mean you'll get out, but yeah.
Speaker 6: The judge in the case, Burkhart, had seen a lot of murder cases in Omaha, says he had presided over a lot of murder cases. He made the commedy said this was by far the most brutal murder case he'd ever seen. And for us who had worked at ben to the autopsy and then to the crime scene and stuff we concur with it. It's a needlessly brutal and again part of that sadistic thing where you beat somebody beyond they call it expressive rage, or you know, you have utilitarian rage or the type of stab wounds for example, that will kill a person. You stab them two or three times, then you stop. But when you have somebody that beat somebody with a door closer and gags them so they can't breathe, and they cut their wrists so they bleed to death and stuff, that's overkill and that's a sign of the sickness of the person that's committing that crime.
Speaker 5: It was interesting too and fascinating when you talk about the mother bringing him in, and they both came in eventually with mothers. It was it's always the mother, but he came in with the mother, and first tea he denied it, but then the mother. He had to talk with his mother and she basically said tell him, tell him him what you did, tell him what happened, and later she tried to defend her son from the death penalty. But it's very interesting that you got to watch that as detectives question Brewer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was watching through the two way mirror and it was interesting because the mother came up and said, look, I need to talk to him again. We agreed that he would come in here and tell you everything he knew and let me talk to him again, because one of the detectives had gone to her and said, look, he's not cooperating with us. Can you help us out? And she said, do we need even know what happened? And she said yeah, I said he was. We agreed on the way down here that he was going to come in and tell the truth. So she went in and with the detective sitting there, and she said, Wayne, you know, you know what we talked about you were going to come down here and do the right thing and tell these people what happened. So after that, Wayne Brewer shoulder started to slump. He leaned forward. You could tell he was resigned to giving up the information and ultimately confessed and played exactly what happened, who was involved in when, and what they did afterwards and in the ensuing days after he was charged, he actually called detectives back a number of times and took them to different spots so they had thrown things. So he assisted for quite a few days, and then eventually when the mother and the family learned exactly how serious it was that he was facing the potential death penalty, she changed her mind and said in court that nowd a chorus. Then they tricked him, and of course he was on tape, so it was pretty hard to prove that he'd been tricked or anything. But you know that's understandable. The mother's trying to defend her child.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, certainly you had to attend Christino Day's autopsy again, very difficult, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I've been to a lot of autopsies as a detective. You know, that's a stock in trade. That's one of the things you do is you go to the autopsy. But to see a young girl there in the prime of her life, with all the potential that youth holds, to see there's such a needless waste. That really bothered me a lot.
Speaker 5: You talk about too, that Michael Garza, his brother, and his cousin were all convicted of attempted rape before Christino Day's murder. So it was at least the mindset was among family members and relatives, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I heard. I don't know for sure, but I heard that his father was in a prison in another state for sexual assault also, so there's there's some family dynamic there too, because the brother was involved in a rape, Michael Garza was involved in a rape murder. The father reportedly was also a rapist, and you know, so you've got something going on that just doesn't happen. That there's some dynamic there impacting that family. And it's hard to say if it was a father or something else. But that's not more.
Speaker 5: You have a part of the book you call the conclusion. What can you tell us that you can conclude after thirty years of service and experience with again, as we mentioned some of the most heinous, psychopathic rapist murderers in the nation. What do you conclude.
Speaker 6: Well, I conclude that it's lucky for us that they're a very small percentage of the population. But the damage they do, or the potential for damage that they can do, is beyond imagination. And people tell me that if they read the book, they had trouble sleeping, nightmares, that type of thing. Because I get pretty graphic in it. I want to explain to the reader exactly what these victims go through and the whorees that they face. But I guess the key the thing to remember is that these people walk among us. They look just like you and I. You're sociopaths, and they have no conscience, no ampithy for anybody else. And you know, if they get a chance to use you for some purpose, they will without batting an eye. And sometimes they're violent. Oftentimes there are a lot of serial killers associopaths, and the damage the potential for damage that they inflict on society's horrendous, and people need to be aware of the fact that they don't look like monsters. They look like you and I.
Speaker 5: You also talk about the language. It was fascinating throughout the theme of this whole book is that almost every type of rapist in those categories use the same kind of language of I won't hurt you if you comply, otherwise I'll kill you if you don't do what I tell you. Is the lesson in most of these cases to comply was a good idea.
Speaker 6: Well, it's difficult to say, because if you resist a power reassurance rapist, the least violent of them, they will generally flee because their fantasy in committing these rapes doesn't include violence. So if you start to destroy that fantasy by resisting or fighting back violently, suddenly the reason for committing the rape, the power and control, the fantasy involved, disappears, and so they'll wait. They'll find somebody who's not going to resist. But the danger is if you try to resist an anger excitation rapist like Thomas red Nesbitt, the Hell's Angel, he'll just overcome your resistance with more resistance, potentially rising to the level of lethal violence. He doesn't care. I mean, he's gonna get his He's going to take what he wants from you, and if you fight back, he feels entitled to overcome your resistance, but they will buy whatever means necessary. And of course, if you're you have the misfortune of running into an anger excitation rapist, the sadistic rapist. He feeds off of the fear and stuff, so you know, you fight back. In that case, you probably going to be doomed because he's going to click as much pain and suffering on you as he desires, because that's what he's into it for. But also in the process, his ultimate goal may be to kill you as the ultimate form of control. Because some of these guys have actually choked the person to the point where they pass out and then revived them to again choke them to the point of near death and then revive them again because that's the ultimate turn on for him. That's suffering that he feeds off them. But you know, people need to be aware there are people out there, dangerous evil people, and they walk among us. You can't spot him because they don't have horns sticking out of their head or they don't have a big red e on their forehead for evil.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, I want to thank you very much for coming on and talking about evil desires. The recollections of a sex crime detective. It's been fascinating. Dean, tell us how they might take a look at this book. Is there a Facebook page or an Amazon page? Tell us about that.
Speaker 6: There is an Amazon page under authors under Dean t Olson. Also, the book is at Genius book Publishing dot com. But if you go to Amazon and you type in Evil Desire or even Dean t Olson, it'll come up. I think it's a fascinating read only because what I try to do for the reader is lay out the gritty, nasty details that people don't see on TV, because they wanted them to be aware of what these poor victims go through. And hopefully they'll find it as interesting as a lot of people have told me they found it, and maybe they can learn something about the evil that treads our existence in the process.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's a fascinating book, and you take the reader absolutely inside all of these horrible details and in the minds of these psychopathic rapist murderers. It's a fascinating book. I want to thank you very much for coming on and talking about Evil Desires the Recollections of a sex crime Detective. Thank you very much, Dean t Olson. You have a great night, all right, Thanks Adam, thank you. Good night