Speaker 1: My Billy Cunning up the Great American welcome this war. It's Wednesday afternoon in the tri State. The weather is terrible, a couple of inches of snow thither and fro. But within a week or two things should be back to normal. Red Spaceball kicks off this weekend with Hunter Green on the Mound, of course against the Cleveland Guardians and more. But until then, the last twelve days a lot of the media has been captivated with the idea of these so called neo Nazis from somewhere in Kentucky having a U haul and standing over the top of seventy five and marching thither and fro with weapons displayed. And because of Brandenburg versus Ohio, there's not much law enforcement can do unless they engage in behavior words. In fact, hate speech is protected by the US Constitution. On the left or the right, these neo Nazis don't represent me, don't represent you, that don't represent Christopher Smitherman. They represent nothing. But they're small, bigot a opinions. But nonetheless they're causing quite a bit of difficulty. And man with perspective on this is the former vice mayor of our city, Christopher Smitherman and Christopher has been about about twelve days since this thing erupted, and all hell's breaking loose thither and fro, and law enforcement could identify who they are, I would think they had a rent at U haul. Drivers' licenses are produced to do such things. Having banners unfurled on top of I seventy five makes no sense. The city of Evendale could have a time manner in place of these so called protests away from I seventy five makes no sense to do that. Plus, you have a friend or two I understand that may have had someone walk up to their car with a gun. Explain how you process all this information, Former Vice Mayor Smitherman, Well, Bill.
Speaker 2: Look, my parents were born in the nineteen thirties. You know, Birmingham, Alabama, Montgomery, Alabama, met.
Speaker 3: At Tuskeee Institute.
Speaker 2: Mother was born in nineteen oh nine, lived to be one hundred and five wonderful families from the South. These organizations are domestic terrorist organizations that have terrorized in a great way, predominantly African Americans in the South, and they have evolved into all kinds of different iterations of names. The best thing you and I can do is do what you said at the beginning of your show. We condemned them. Clearly, they're not even close to the mainstream. It's been nice to see Evendale residents, very diverse, coming out and saying we're having peaceful protests and they're not welcome. But as ugly as it is, we are the great experiment the United States of America with our democracy and people's First Amendment rights. So the grotesque part of it we have to deal with in order for all of us to have our First Amendment rights. And the best thing that the community has done is just to say, as you have condemned it, it's grotesque, and let's just keep moving forward. Try not to give them any more attention than they deserve. What I am concerned about is them having open carry, which is legal in Ohio, but approaching people's vehicles, like my friend Eric, who was a business owner in the community and was going to his job and they approached his vehicle. He also is a Second Amendment person. These things can be very, very concerning and dynamic, and I think law enforcement has to do a better job of separating that. Meaning you have your open carry, you're there, but you can't approach cars in the street. That's just way too dangerous in the society that we live in, and we certainly wouldn't want anything to happen to one of our citizens who's just going about their way.
Speaker 1: You know, you can loudly shout all the hateful words you use, the end word, Nazis, Catholics, Jews, whatever you want to do, call them terrible names out of your mouth, But as soon as you walk over the line of advocating or signing violence against anyone, then you got a crime. And so for those who say someone should be arrested for what they've done, I'm not so sure about that. But there is a law called inducing panic, and the law says, in Ohio, no person shall cause the evacuation of any public place, or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience or alarm by doing any of the following, threatening to commit any offense of violence, committing any offense with reckless disregard of the likelihood will its commission will cause serious public inconvenience. Now, and I've said this, and I find myself on the same side with the ACLU. I'm normally uncomfortable in that position. But the ACLU will tell you. Under Brandenburg versus Ohio US Supreme Court decision, they a person can say any word they want to say, including hate speech, and then vile way against Catholics and Jews and Blacks and Hispanics as long as they will advocate violence. And the issue becomes if your friend, the business owner who I understand mafier, has a weapon and someone who has masked walks up to them with a displaying a rifle or a handgun and comes up to the car. Damn it, that's getting real close to that point of inducing panic. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, But the only thing we can do is what we're doing now, you as my white brother, you know, me as your African American brother, is just to condemn it and keep moving. Meaning this is grotesque. We are the great experiment, Bill, and so what separates us from Germany. They're going door to door, people post things online, repost They're arresting people and charging them with being there. We don't want to look like Europe, right, this is the United States of America. And I like my First Amendment right, and in order for me to have it, I also have to be able to deal with these types of groups that are doing and saying what they're saying. The best thing that even Dale can do is what they did, meaning come out peacefully, community, come together.
Speaker 3: So we show the example of the.
Speaker 2: Great experiment that we have our first Amendment right to say, we condemn what you've said, what you're doing, what you stand for, and then let's just keep moving. This is hate will always be with us. Bill tell the tests till the end of time. It's never going to stop. There's gonna be people out there who don't like Jews, who don't like African Americans, who don't like Italians whatever they have, don't like people in the LGBTQ plus community, whatever it is. There's always going to be hate. The best thing you and I can do is just be great examples, great Americans as we are, and push forward. I love the United States of America. Anytime you know someone, I hear the pledge of allegiance. Are like in Canada where they were booing us, by the way, but we showed them right two ways. One we had our players in nine seconds kick their butts. That's a part of America and hockey. And number two, we beat them three to one while their Prime Minister was watching. So they have the right to boo. We have the right to win, and so that's what we have to do, just keep winning in this country. And that's why so many people want to come here, and we're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: You know, when you were a lawmaker for many years, you had the ability in city council to have a location for protest, much like you have a location for porn shops. You could say, okay, you're gonna have strip clubs. You can't prohibit strip clubs. You can't prohibit porn, but it's got to be way over there. City of Evendale and Lincoln Heights has the power to say, okay, you can protest. You're gonna have your First Amendment hate speech privileges, but it can't be near a school, and it can't be over the top of I seventy five. It's got to be over there. And then the manner and time and mode of protest can be governed a little bit by the government, but it can't be prohibited. And for those who say, you know, the police ought to do something, Evendale, Lincoln Heights, the FBI, Hamley County Sheriff, whatever they investigate crime and up to this point what they did was not criminal, but it's getting close. I think maybe the FBI, because it's across state lines, could find out who the persons are that rented that U haul. Don't arrest them, but say, okay, these are the new laws in Evendale, this is where you got to go. These are the new laws. And Lincoln Heights. You can't be near a school and we're gonna monitor this. But you have the right to make a fool of yourself, use hate speech all that you want. But isn't it true that as a lawmaker, you can take whether it's porn or freedom of expression and have a location for it with minimal requirements to get the permit.
Speaker 3: You can try to do it.
Speaker 2: You know, we dealt with it at Fountain Square with as you know, with the cross and so you have public spaces.
Speaker 3: We have three CDC.
Speaker 2: That does the programming for places like Fountain Square and they would have to deal with the permitting. I think the key piece here is that we have to be able to accept some of this grotesque behavior, as grotesque as it is. Bill, because we live in America, we have the First Amendment rights are part of our constitution. And once we start taking those rights incrementally away from those who have the most grotesque parts of our society, you and I then lose our rights for our First Amendment. So we're going to have to deal with it. I think that you know you're right that maybe we could say, hey, here's the area where you have your protests. Most importantly, you have to have a permit, and when they go outside of the boundaries of that, the government should sue them, and most likely they can't afford that kind of litigation. But again, what we don't want to do is continue to empower them by giving them great platforms and allow the community to come with their First Amendment rights, in my opinion, and just say we have a different perspective, we're here peacefully, and then let's keep moving. You know, I'm more worried about making sure that our public school systems are performing well, that our young people still the greatest way for young people to get from poverty into the middle class is a great education. I believe in good public education. We've got to make sure no matter who's listening to this across the United States of America, putting our time in attention and getting the best public education systems that we can, and then those people who cannot get out of those neighborhoods where the public education is poor. All should have the right to send their children to get the best education they possibly can, and that's the school choice. And people don't like to hear that, who are public education supporters, But the reality of it is is I have the ability to send my daughter to Seaton. I can financially do that. Other people can't do that, and they should have the right to have their children have the best education. So I look forward to the Secretary of Education getting confirmed because I think we need to have a real national discussion about how we turn around our public education systems in America's secondly talking about not these neo dotties on a blage.
Speaker 1: No, you talk about grotesque. I did not know until I saw the sixty minutes piece that in Germany or most of Europe, if you insult someone, if you call them fat and ugly when they're fat and ugly, you could be criminally charged with an insult and they knock on your door at six o'clock in the morning. If you're online calling somebody fat and ugly, or calling an immigrant a bad word. That's a crime. You're gonna be locked up. I don't want to be in that circumstance at all, but to be proactive up to this point. If someone has a mask on and they're displaying a weapon and that you walk up to someone's car and the person is looking, there's a mask on and there's a weapon with his finger ent or around the trigger. To me, that's disorderly conduct. That could be inducing panic, and law enforcement has the ability to find out who they are to tell them that can't be done.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, before you go agree, yeah, that's that's where the FBI gets involved because they're in Kentucky, as I understand it, near Butcher Holler and Harlan County, and they do this for the purpose, and of course there was a contact. I will not put them on the airwaves. I think five, nine, twelve, and nineteen should to reconsider giving their message any more promulgation that it has already because it is obscure, it's wrong on the issue. Before I let you go about what's happening with Trump and what's happening now with the city of Cincinnati. After have puable, I think Cranleigh and you were in charge when you pass something relative to being a welcoming community, and the City of Cincinnati is now coined as a sanctuary city that may lose millions of dollars in federal money. Where do you stand on the sanctuary city status of the City of Cincinnati with after pure of boll Well.
Speaker 2: I was against it then against it now, And at that time, you know, family was under hospice care. So it was a very trying time for our family. But I was against it then, against it now. And what city Council and the mayor need to do is, in my opinion, they need to go on the record and be clear that they will cooperate with ICE.
Speaker 3: And let's just make it clear for the record.
Speaker 2: ICE is going after the worst, the worst of the worst, and so they're after gang members, they're after drug dealers, they're after thieves, they're after people who are engaging in human trafficking and prostitution. And so this notion that ICE is coming in and they're taking people who have come here illegally but are not breaking laws, they're not gang members as examples, is absolutely a policy and we have to address that because there are people that are saying I'm not sending my kids to school because they're concerned about deportation. That is not what's happening. I think our mayor and our city council should be very clear on the record instead of passing resolute on what's going on with Israel if AMA, they need to deal with ICE and pass something that says we will cooperate and we want to make sure that Chief Dji understands that we would like you to cooperate with ICE anytime they're talking about the deportation of criminals in our community. Who the hell would want a gang member in their school? This notion that we're going to go into school and take out a student. The only reason ICE would go into a school is if there was a killer or a gang member there, and you would think that every parent would want that person out of the school. But that's not what's happening. We want cooperation, and I think the mayor and council should be on record saying that we're very clear about it, and I think if they don't, I think the federal government's just come down very hard on the city of Cincinnati and holding the county.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens there. I'm in favor of the dreamers. I'm in favor of extending the worker permit to know who you are, what is your name, here's my fingerprints, I can work in those jobs. I'm in fa of that. When it comes to Ken Coober, of course, Dan Hills was on with Sloaney yesterday talking about it, and Ken Kober I've spoken to him and he's being ken Kober the sergeant who's the head of the FOP says, look, well, we take an oath to defend and protect the constitution United State's Constitution of Ohio, and we have an oath to assist FBI, US Marshall Service or ICE because they're part of the federal government of which we're a part, and they're between a rock and a hard place. I think Chief Thiji is reflecting what Cheryl Long, the city manager, wants, which is, you know, we're not going to cooperate with ICE, and that's a problem because cops take an oath to cooperate with ice. He said, we use ice, and when the city might have a rate of one type or another arene we use FBI resources. We ask them, well, we often work with US Attorney's Office and so It's like a hand and a glove. And you can't have part of law enforcement in the Tri State playing political games and not getting off the streets the worst of the worst. And let's face it, and ancillarily to that, if someone is picked up with the Warrens for rape and murder and drug trafficking and they find someone with that person who's also here illegally, there may be a little bit of ancillary difficulties. But I would hope to after paravosers stand up like a tenfold beacon of the night and saying we went out of our community the worst of the worst. We're gonna help Ice do that. But politically I think Christopher Smitherman he can't do that.
Speaker 2: Correct is correct, And what I will share with you is that the University of Cincinnati, places like Cincinnati State, Mount Saint Joe as examples, Zavid University. You know what happened in Georgia was real with Lake and Riley. They will absolutely regret it, like politicians do. If one of these young people are out jogging and they lose their life to someone here illegally, one of these gang members. So Georgia learned a very bad lefton even though it was a southern border, it came right into Georgia and it played into this presidential election.
Speaker 3: Let me because I know we've got to go.
Speaker 2: I've been watching the news like you, and I'm watching this plane in Canada and I'm just remain disappointed that I hear Democratic leaders like Pete boudageg and others saying that President Trump had something to do with the plane crash in Canada.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Where you fall on this issue of whether you support Trump or you don't. The lying is what is hurting America. And so when you have mainstream media willing to put this craziness out here that the President had something to do with the Canadian crash when it was when it was high winds that impacted pilots who probably did a great job and there wasn't even more loss of life based on their heroic and the staff.
Speaker 3: There on that plane.
Speaker 2: To try to blame that on the president is absolutely insane. They have not learned their lesson from the back four years of Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 3: And it's just as shame what I see.
Speaker 2: Everything they believe has to do with it goes back to President Trump. And again, as I close it doesn't matter where you are politically.
Speaker 3: We've got to.
Speaker 2: Get to the point where all this lying, rushing, collusion, hunter Biden laptop now the crash here has something to do with Trump, is just absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 1: Christopher, we got to run always the voice of common sense. Once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and stay warm this Wednesday afternoon. Thank you, Christopher. Thank you, sir, God bless you always continue with more news next at showing me the reds getting out it this weekend for the first time on news radio seven hundred WLW. Billy Cunningham, the great American of course, since the events of February the seventh, you just heard from Olmer Vice Mayor Christopher Smithman about his views on the matter. But David Ferrara, who's a reporter for The Inquiry, has a column up this morning. Armed men are guarding the streets of Lincoln Heights, stop cars and vetting passers by. And the first sentence in this column by David Ferrara is this, in the day since the Neo Nazi demonstration rattled residents here, that's Lincoln Heights, a group of men began guarding at streets many donning all black and wearing masks with rifles in hand. They're doing more than your typical neighborhood watch group. They've stopped people from passing through, approached cars in a fast food drive through, and even threatened to shoot a property owner. And David Ferraro, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham show. And David, can you relate whether or not these so called armed men are like residents of Lincoln Heights or are they part of the neo Nazi movement?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bill.
Speaker 4: To my understanding, their residence for either the community or Lincoln Heights or the surrounding area. I've spoken with a few of them on the condition of anonymity, and not many of them wanted to talk with me, But to my understanding, they're not a part of the white supremacist group, but they do feel like they might be coming back those white supremacists. So the community is on edge. And I've been following this since there was a prayer vigil the Sunday after the demonstration, and the community has been on alert and ready to take action after that Friday demonstration.
Speaker 1: And I guess the issue is when I had psmith Mohun about half an hour ago, he talked about the fact that a business owner, a friend of his, had armed men in fatigues that maybe were law enforcement walking up to a window. And this person in the car who was a friend of his, had a handgun under the seat, and so this is ripe with difficulties. Are these It appears to be individuals acting on their own and the sheriff, Charmaine McGuffey, and your column indicates that she's she's not aware of this going on at this point. But I like the idea of you having the nine to one one cause. But do you have a sense that this is a terribly dangerous situation if so called citizens taken upon themselves enforced laws.
Speaker 4: Well, I think just listening to the nine one one calls, you know, several callers have expressed concerns about seeing the men with guns. But there's a couple of confrontations, and I kind of detailed that in the story about folks that have actually been confronted by these armed men. And you know, in my own experience when I was reporting on Monday, I was a part of the rolling car protest, just filing along to do my reporting and someone came up to my window at a rifle and told me to roll the car window down and asked me, you know, what are you doing here in the neighborhood. And once I showed up my press badge, I was allowed to proceed. But it seems like there's been these situations where folks had been confronted and it could escalate.
Speaker 5: At any time if something were to go wrong.
Speaker 4: And that's something that Jim Meister, one of the folks that I talked to who had called nine one one and then spoke to me about it, said that, you know, he approached these people who were in one of his sacing lots next to his business, and they told him that they were the police, pointed a rifle at him, and then it was just in time once the police showed up that they were able to de escalate the situation.
Speaker 1: And I would assume, David, that the person that approached your vehicle has said roll down the window, and I guess you can applied was not law enforcement. It was a concerned citizen. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: That's my understanding? Yes?
Speaker 1: And what did you what did he or she look like? Was it armed? The dress? Was there a mask, on that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Most of the folks are.
Speaker 4: The person that approached me was like most of the folks that have been protecting the community out there. They're fully dressed in black, wearing a mask, typically a large rifle or shotgun or even sometimes a pistol. I've noticed it since I've been to the prayer vigil that Sunday. Folks just taken upon themselves kind of keep guarding the community and watching. And that's something that's been reported not only by the overpass where the demonstration happened, but also by Mangum and Shepherd Lane and then on the other outskirts of the neighborhood off of North Wayne Avenue.
Speaker 1: Before we talk about the nine one one calls explain Jim Meister as the business owner who has a business in Lincoln Heights. And I've been through there many times, as I'm sure you have. It often is a lower middle class area without a lot of businesses going on, so he would stand out. So explain what happened with Jim Meister, the business owner in Lincoln Heights.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Jim was telling me that he owns a business building with a vacant lot right adjacent to it. And he had seen on the camera that there were some folks that had went through a small little fence that had been blocking off the lot and parked in.
Speaker 3: The middle of it.
Speaker 4: So he had decided, you know, he saw the camera footage to call on one one and report that there was somebody on his property. And as he was driving over there, he's talking to the dispatcher, and once he arrives and he's still on nine one one with the dispatcher, the folks get out of their car approach him start asking what are you doing here, and he shouts out, hey, I'm calling the police, and they say, we are the police. We're protecting Lincoln Heights. What do you want? And Jim tells me you could hear this in the nine one one call. But Jim tells me at this point that one of the men raises his rightfle and points at him and tells him that point blankly, that he's going to shoot him. And they begin arguing back and forth about who owns the lot, and then police show up about fifteen twenty seconds later and de escalate the situation. Jim told me that he let them stay until the end of the day, but that ended up be coming throughout the week and now there's been a ten popped up on the property and he's not very happy with that.
Speaker 1: In your story, a photo by Liz do for there's there's a photo of a large gentleman with he appears to have multiple weapons on him, including holding in his hands. Appears to be a semi automatic rifle. Almost looks like there might be a silencer on the end, but that's illegal. I assume it's not a silencer. And this person is masked. You can see the eyes, that's about it, and there's some emblem on his shoulder. Is that the guy that approached the business owner Jim Meister? Is that the same person?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not sure if that's the same person. That photo is taken during the Monday rolling car protest to point out the patch, though the patch I did see on his shoulder was of some gun club. But you can tell by the regaria they're wearing that you know they're coming out there, fully disguised, fully just out there ready to protect the community. And this kind of matches the sort of look of most of the folks that are out there.
Speaker 1: And according to your column, and I one calls when meister the business owner says, hey, I'm calling the police. Quote, we are the police. This person said, what's wrong? We're protecting Lincoln Heights. So this person self identified as the police.
Speaker 4: That's my understand And if you listen to the recording, you could hear them say that in the background it mister, confirm that to me.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a crime? I mean, you're not in the prosecution business, but when you identify yourself as a police officer, that's a that's a difficulty. So, just generally speaking, David Farrar of the Inquiry, this appears to be a situation where well minded, community minded individuals wanted to get together to quote, defend Lincoln Heights. But when you approach a car with a gun and pointed at someone, isn't that a problem?
Speaker 4: Well that's something that I asked Sheriff mcguffy during a press confidence yesterday and tried following up with her afterwards, and we're awaiting a response from her and her team. I'm about more information about how the deputy to respond to these situations.
Speaker 3: There was a nine to.
Speaker 4: One one call that I listened to where the dispatcher was calming down someone who had called about seeing these men out there and said that police are checking on them regularly throughout the day to make sure they're not impeding traffic. But to my understanding, the Sheriff's office says that they haven't had any complaints about these confrontations.
Speaker 1: So it hadn't gotten to the sheriff's level. And then you also relate in your story, David, that another man, Daniel Jacobs, called nine to one one and said he was forced to leave the neighborhood Lincoln Heights after armed men will not let him pass through on February the tenth, and Jacobs told the inquir I guess that would be you. He tried to file a police report twice, but didn't feel like the Sheriff's office has taken the issue seriously. Can you put some meat on those bones as far as individuals in Lincoln Heights that are armed telling residents, are telling those passing through that they can't enter Lincoln Heights.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: When I spoke to Jacob yesterday, he told me that he had driven past the neighborhood after hearing about the situation that was going on and just wanted to check it out, and somebody had told him you know that he'd have to leave, that he wasn't welcome there and he wasn't allowed to pass through. And he called nine one one shortly after that, and they said that a deputy would be dispatched to talk with him. And he said that nobody ever showed up to file their report. And after I spoke with him yesterday, he said he went down to the station to file a police support and the deputy didn't seem to take the issue seriously, questioning him about whether his traffic was actually impeded, what was he actually doing in the neighborhood, and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: And he's not very hopeful.
Speaker 4: He said that it's going to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Wendy's manager said that this is something been going on that men, armed men would approach his customers. Wendy's customers, I guess in the drive through and inquire there whether or not I guess what is your business, et cetera. You say in your story that another man, Daniel Jacobs, this is after that, according to the Wendy's manager confirmed that armed men have been approaching customers in the drive through, but declined to comment further. Can you imagine being in mind get a double cheese burger with the ketch a onion and pickle and our men approach you. I mean, this is ripe with difficulties, and I.
Speaker 4: Reflect a lot of the concern that a lot of people who have been calling on them have been expressing. There was one man, the one who had reported that he saw our men's approaching people in the drives said he was dropping off kids as part of a car pool nearby and he wanted to get out of the area as soon as possible after seeing these people approaching people in cars and the drive through and staying on the street corner and made him feel unsafe.
Speaker 1: And none of these individuals are connected to the hate filled neo Nazi group. These are just, I guess well intended citizens who want to take on the role of police. Are you saying the Sheriff McGuffey is not you, but the people involved in this are saying she's not taking this seriously.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I think the community ever since the beginning, especially since the town hall last week, it's felt like the police department isn't necessarily and I say the police department was in the Sheriff's office because they tracked out for patrol that the sheriff's office isn't giving them the level of protection they feel like they need or deserve, and they kind of come in to still that void themselves. And I think folks that are passing through the community don't feel like that the sheriff's office is stepping in, and that's something that Jacobs has said, feeling as if the police are hoping it will go away if they just don't provoke anything any further.
Speaker 1: And David, I would note that your column indicates that about ten years ago Lincolnites disbanding its own police division. They've contracted out to the Sheriff's office the situation, and Sheriff McGuffey said, nobody has addressed that with the sheriff's office. If they do, we'll certainly articulate what can and cannot be done, and that we do not want to create neighborhood militias. We don't want we won't want to do that because we understand that it leads to a pack back to the end to the tactics of the neo Nazis. They want people to do that. And so at this point, isn't it fair from your observation to assume that neighborhood militias with gun insignia on their arms are patrolling the area because they think the sheriff McGuffey is not doing her job properly. Is that what people are telling you.
Speaker 4: Well, that's something that a lot of residents expressed during the town hall last week, and it seems like this wasn't just one situation as provoked the community. It seems like this community feels as if law enforcement hasn't been necessarily doing their job.
Speaker 3: And whether that's particularly.
Speaker 4: In the community or part of a larger issue, it seems like many folks were expressing that discontent with the situation and this is just the latest example of that.
Speaker 1: All right, David, thank you. You'll be on the story the next few days. Is that correct, and events will dictate the amount of the coverage it receives. I would hope that individuals are not acting as if they're quote police, ordering people to wind down their windows and talk to them. That happened to you as a reporter, It's happening to lots of other people. And it appears that this group is almost a self appointed to militia that's guarding Lincoln Heights, and this is ripe with difficulties and dangers. Will see what happens in the future. But David Ferrara of the Inquiry, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, David, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue with more news coming up. But as David points out, he's a reporter. And when armed individuals walk up to your door and say wind down your window, put down your window, that's approaching disorderly conduct. It's approaching intimidation, approaching impersonating a law enforcement official, which is a crime. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every day. You're home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham, the Great American. One of the great advocates for tax reform in this country is Grover north Quest. He's been fabulous on this issue for twenty or thirty years. And now things I'm almost metastasized where actually it might happen. When the Trumpster was first elected in twenty sixteen, and I thought, okay, he said and made all these promises that didn't occur, and I thought, okay, well that's that's the way politics go. But now this time. I think maybe it's because of the last intervening four years, what he was put through, and as a consequence of that, he's now more committed than ever to doing what needs to be done. And we indicate now that he's going to go after the IRS. And Grover Norquist has written on the subject many times. They have over two thousand cars available for the IRS the cost of one hundreds of millions of dollars. They have bullets, they have guns, they have ammunition, and so Grover Norquist, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, tell the American people, how good do you feel now that tax reform may actually occur.
Speaker 6: Well, I think we're going to get the bill passed. The President of today tweeted out the assertion that we need now to pass one bill, not two bills. There were some well meaning people who wanted to do two bills.
Speaker 5: The problem is if you do two would never actually get done.
Speaker 6: So we are now moving on one bill, which is the consensus issue here, and that will be a tax cut that the President's tax cut will.
Speaker 5: Be made permanent.
Speaker 6: It will go out indefinitely, not just for ten years, but permanently. And the good news there is that we have people will be sure and secure in what we're accomplishing, and you'll know.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is what your tax full expensing.
Speaker 6: One of the things that pass in the original bill which will be kept.
Speaker 5: The lower rate for small businesses will be kept. The lower rates.
Speaker 6: Every American will have lower tax rates than then before it, because that's what was passed in the original bill.
Speaker 5: And the cheerful.
Speaker 6: News that we will double the standard reduction for individuals and double the per child tax credit. All of these things which passed in twenty seven will now be made permanent.
Speaker 5: It is a huge, huge step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: And as far as finding this trillion dollars, all of us assumed there was waste fraud and abuse. In fact, I've played before the cuts of Barack Hussein Obama talking about waste fraud and abuse. In nineteen ninety four, there was a big government commission put together by Bill Clinton and Al Gore, and they had these four foot high pages of rules and regulations. They said, okay, we're going after that. Then you got Joe Biden. I've played his cuts about all the waste fraud and abuse in the federal government and I played that, and I'm thinking, Okay, that's going to happen. Why do you believe now, Grover Norquiest, I know I believe it now, which I haven't believed it until recently, that this president is serious about cutting the size and the scope of the federal government over the objections of CNN. Why this time do you have more hope than before? Because I've heard heard this song before, sung by others, But this time I believe.
Speaker 5: It several reasons.
Speaker 6: The first is that we have a Republican House and a Republican Senate. When Reagan was president, he had a Republican Senate. He had the Grace Commission report, which came out with many, many good and important ideas, some of which could be done by executive orner, but many of which required laws. And with a democratic House, nothing could actually move. Nothing could move. When the Democrats had the House in the Senate under Bill Clinton, they could say they were for all these reforms, but all those reforms reduced the number of democratic restinct workers in the country.
Speaker 5: That was never ever going to get fixed that way.
Speaker 6: The other reason to believe it is the president is now in his second term.
Speaker 5: He was here for four years.
Speaker 6: He's seen how the bureaucracy lies to the president about what's actually happening in each of these situations. And he had staff around him who is hardened, and they have fought these fights before.
Speaker 5: And I would add one other thing.
Speaker 6: Elon Musk and X Elon Musk has a lot of brilliant talent which goes in and looks at the computers things you think should have been done every year for the last thirty years. For crying out loud, how in the world did they not go into these computers to say how old are the people on Social Security? Are there several people with the same soci Security number?
Speaker 5: Perhaps?
Speaker 6: You know, why in the world did this not get exposed before? This is not you think it isn't terribly difficult. But they've gone in with people who know what to look for and how to find it, and they've been very good at it. And then the same thing happened. Add one thing x X Twitter. Right when we tried to take a good idea and publicize it to cut taxes when the Republicans took over in ninety four in the House and Senate, what happened, Well, The New York Times wasn't interested in things, and the Washington Post wasn't interested in it, and so these are just they just were not interested in getting any of these things done or in publicizing them.
Speaker 5: And since now, what can happen?
Speaker 6: As long as he thinks it's a good idea, you know what, it'll get talked about. It will get talked about. He will send it out and ten million people will see what's going on.
Speaker 5: And it's one of those things where frankly, they can't shut us up. They can't shut us up. They want to, but they can't.
Speaker 1: The stars have aligned, and they've aligned in ways. I thought it was possible, but not likely. One thing, I know you're more familiar with the numbers than I am, but the government accounting off As GEO said in twenty twenty three, this is during the heyday of Joe Biden and Nakamala Harris. Now, between two hundred and fifty billion up to five hundred and fifty billion dollars a year was lost through the federal government with waste, fraud and abuse. Now that thing hit with a thud because nobody in the Congress, Democrats controlled it wanted to highlight the fact that every year between two hundred and fifty billion and five hundred and fifty billion is simply lost, and that thing has been resurrected. I watched the other day of the interview with my friend, my good friend Sean Hannity, and I spoke to him about a day or two thereafter to get his perspective on things with the DOGE and Elon Mushkin and of course President Trump. And one thing that came out of it is the President said, look, I signed these eos, these executive orders. I sign them, but then they go into a file somewhere and nothing happens. He said, I did that in twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen. I signed these executive orders. So what the bureaucracy ate the homework? They didn't care. So what's different this time? Why will the bureaucracy care when Trump signs an EO.
Speaker 6: Well, they're putting people in who can actually manage this sort of thing, and that has really changed. New leadership at the head of each of these agencies, at the head of each of these departments. I mean, this is just amazing what they've done. They're not some people who just are willing to say we're doing this and I don't care to hear your objections because we've heard them before. Can you imagine, You know some of the people that he's brought in, they have been through these wars, with these conflicts, They've dealt with this before. They know how the bureaucracy tries to get around decisions.
Speaker 5: Made by the president. And add to this, the Supreme.
Speaker 6: Court is now serious about life. In the past, we had a very left wing Supreme Court which would.
Speaker 5: Say, oh, you can't do this, and you go why not.
Speaker 6: They say, well, we'll come up with a reason why later. This is the Supreme Court that recognizes the president runs the executive office. The president runs the executive branch, not the bureaucrats. This is not set up for bureaucrats. This is set up for the president to run it and all of the decisions they've made in the past. That allows some departments to say, this is what we're doing, and the department's going to run it, or this SEC is going to run over the FCC or one of these alphabet things. This is very, very important that we have people as cabinet officers who are willing to push for what the president asked for. We have a House in the Senate willing to investigate whenever the bureaucracy is in the way, and we have a Supreme Court that believes, yes, this is being made by us. This decision is being made by the President, not by bureau frounts.
Speaker 1: I have a list here of the age of people getting Social Security benefits. It is totally ridiculous. It wouldn't take a rocket science is to figure out something is seriously wrong with one hundred and fifty year olds getting Social Security along with a massive fraud. I have the list here. If you're between one hundred and one hundred and ten years old, that's pretty big number. One hundred and ten years old, four point seven million are on the roles getting social Security. If you're one hundred and fifty years old, there's one point three million getting it. If you're between ninety and one hundred and six million are getting it. There aren't that many people alive. And you would think, and according to Elon Musk, they're using the technology that was available, believe it or not, during World War two to conduct Social Security payments. I want every recipient to get every dollar that they're entitled to, but I don't want to have Social Security. Tell me every year there's one hundred billion dollars missing in Social Security. There's no audit ever conducted in your business. At American tax reform, I would assume at some point somebody looks at an audit and say, we got an audit. See where the money went to do secondary proof. But with Social Security that never happens. When I look at this list of people getting Social Security benefits, it is absurd, and Elon Musk wants to fix it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, I know it on your website. I have many listeners believe or not, in the state of California, and they've got a terrible problem coming up because of what Gavin Newsom has done to gas prices in the Midwest. In fact, rates are coming down. But can you tell the American people why the gasoline prices out West are ridiculously high caused by Gavin Newsom?
Speaker 6: Well, among other things, they've been not building pipelines, they've been not building refineries, and because they have taxes, they have tremendous tax taxes on energy and everything that goes into energy. The higher energy costs in California are clearly, as you point out, done by that governor and the legislature and by previous governors of legislators that said, we don't want pipelines coming into this into this beautiful state. No, they're going to have a real problem now and in the future, and.
Speaker 1: In fact, it's going to get worse, not better unless and people of California got to decide for themselves what the hell's going on. But tax reform is where you are. Can you envision the day Grover Norquist? Maybe in two or three years, we're going to have a flat tax or a value added tax that the irs will not exist and that we'll pay taxes when we buy something, or there will be a flat tax. Do you see that day coming?
Speaker 6: Well, I think that we can and will get to a single rate flat tax. And the reason for that is that at the state level, there are eight states where the income tax is zero.
Speaker 5: That's a flat rate. That's my favorite flat rate tax.
Speaker 6: And there are fifteen other states that have single rates of two, three or four percent. So twenty three percent of the twenty three states twenty three states, almost.
Speaker 5: Half have a single rate tax, either zero or a non zero number.
Speaker 6: There are ten states that are phasing their income taxes down to zero. Where the legislature and the governor said we're on the way to zero. Here's how we're doing it, and they've passed the law to begin that March. So over the next few years, probably in three years, there will be a majority of states with a single rate tax, and ten to fifteen years from now, they'll be fully twenty states that have no income tax at all. So as a majority of the members of the House and a majority of the members of the Senate come from states with a single rate tax or a zero income tax, I could see how we do this nationally, not just in our state. It works in Texas, it works in Florida, it works in Ohio.
Speaker 5: You know, all of these states.
Speaker 6: Have single rate Illinois, for crying out loud, has it's a single rate tax, and the legislature can't fix it. It can't change it because people like a single rate tax. They feel protected. They're not going to be divided into different groups and mug one at a time.
Speaker 5: So it's a huge, huge step forward.
Speaker 1: You know, lastly, you may put yourself out of business. Go over nor questatr dot org. You may be out of business with this. But now Indiana's passing They had unanimous vote in the Senate by Democrats and Republicans in the state of Indiana to phase out the income tax. Ohio is on that route right now. It's three point five percent, is on its way to zero. And when I look at this, it has to be number one. When I watch CNN, etc. They're telling me constantly, all this is a billionaire tax bill that Donald Trump wants to give tax cuts to his billionaire friends at the expense of your Social Security. Are you there to respond to that one at all? How about the billionaires getting tax cuts and mom and dad being thrown off a cliff totally ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 6: That is what the Democrats say every time, as a tax doesn't matter what tax you're reducing, they can cutting. You know, raising every tax is a good idea and cutting any tax is a bad idea. And the American people are not buying the argument that reducing taxes for everybody is somehow a gift to quote unquote billionaires. My favorite is the Democrats say, well, if you tax corporations, people don't actually pay for it. Well there is no, mister general voters, there just isn't. If you raise taxes on general voters, or the grocery store down the street. What happens They raise the price of what they sell to get the more money, or they reduce wages or the number of people working in order to save the money that they then give to the government. They have to get the money somewhere, so they either take it out of today's payroll by paying people less or hiring fewer people, or if they can, they could raise prices, which hits consumers. And if the company's really badly damaged such that the stock goes down in the company, well, then half of American families, whose pensions are determined by the price UH shares of stock, we'll see the value of their retirement savings go down. So retirees pay the corporate income tax, consumers pay the corporate income tax, workers pay the.
Speaker 5: Corporate income tax. Somepanis don't pay the corporate income tax. They don't have any money. It's lungs to somebody else.
Speaker 6: And so this is you know, if General Motors Spend takes a dollar and gives it to the government, that came out of workers pay, or it came out of higher prices, or it came out of collapsing value of the company.
Speaker 1: We consumers pay every corporate tax. It's not don't tax you, don't tax me, tax a guy behind the tree. When business taxes go up, consumers pay one percent of those taxes directly or wages go down, one or the other. Once again, Grover nor course, I look Ford, of the days in the next few years. You and I have no reason to talk atr dot org. Americans for tax reform. It's happened, and you may get yourself out of work, but so be it, Grover nor question. You've been fighting this thing for thirty years along with me. Thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Grover you're a great American.
Speaker 6: Oh and absolutely, and even after we went, I'll call and we'll say hi.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Grover, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Take care.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue with more. That guy makes a whole bunch of sense. He's been at it for thirty years. Don't believe what the media tells you. You as a consumer pay all business taxes in the form of higher prices for goods and services. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, The Great American Live but JOm of the Reds News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 7: WLW Donald Trump and the Republican Party has changed the electorate.
Speaker 5: What do I mean by that, Well.
Speaker 7: Let's take a look at party identification Democrats versus Republicans. You go back to twenty seventeen, five points more of the electorate was Democrats than Republicans. You go to twenty twenty one when Joe Biden was starting out, Look at that six points more of the electorate was Democrats than Republicans. But look at what's happened in February of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Look at this Republicans.
Speaker 7: There are more Republicans in the electorate than there are Democrats Republican plus two. So Donald Trump and the Republicans have remade the electorate. They've turned some people over from being Democrats or independents to become Republicans. New folks have entered the electorate who are more Republican leaning. And so when you combine that with the fact that Republicans are really really behind Donald Trump, all of a sudden, you get a winning recipe whereby you break the normal rules of politics and give Donald Trump that positive net approval rating when he had pretty much a consistently negative one in term number one. As I said, at the beginning, he's copying Frank Sinatra doing.
Speaker 6: It my way.
Speaker 1: Hello, Biet, I'm broadcasting crag Man. That was Harry Inton of CNN. Yeah, my good friend, my good friend, Donald Trump is something like plus seven over what he was in his first year of his first term when he was underwater. We're dealing now with the most popular Republican president in our lifetime and segment, you simply need to deal with it. You know what I'm saying. I know what you're saying. Give me some sports and make it fast. I have coming up soon. Corey Bowman, who's running against half debt pureval for mayor, is going to be in the Hyde Park class and getting signatures to get on the ballot. I'm sure you stand with Corey Borman Bowman, whose half brother is JD. Vance, and Bowman's gonna run as a conservative Republican pro Trumpster in the City of Cincinnati. Segment. How are we looking?
Speaker 8: Will he the stooge reporters appronpt service of your local Temestar Heating in their conditioning dealers temestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati. Coach Schmid Heating and Cooling five one three five three one sixty nine hundred and you'll need that. You'll need that tonight and today until Sunday. Sunday segment is going to be forty degrees four. Sounds good to me as Zager wins their third in a row last night, will he topping Butler seventy six sixty three. The Muskies are now four and one and over the last two weeks. Eastern Michigan upset Miami seventy six sixty six. Tonight, Cincinnati Bearcats at West Virginia six point thirty here on seven hundred WLW Vanderbilt and number seventeen Kentucky at seven ESPN fifteen thirty. Bengals update brought to you by You a Good Spirits winding to Baco on Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Twenty four to seven Sports reports former Bengals defensive tackle Doma top Peco is going to become the new defensive line coach at Colorado with prime time.
Speaker 1: Domoto pecka, I like that guy. You liked him too, did second good Man.
Speaker 8: Peco played eleven years in Bengals uniform and the National Football League salary cap they say will fall between the range of two hundred and seventy seven point five and two and eighty one point five million. This year, the cap has increased more than fifty three million dollars over the last two years.
Speaker 1: That's money, seg Man, that's money.
Speaker 8: What about T Higgins? What about T Higgins? They haven't slapped the franchise tag on him yet. Hopefully they're talking contract downtown. Red's update. The Bob Castellini Red Zoner has arrived in Goodyear, Arizona checking things out today and Red's air Force one.
Speaker 9: We will bring Championship Baseball to Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Cactus League open our Saturday against Cleveland. Hunter Green starts the action right here on seven hundred WLW. Win tonight in Honduras. You know where that is, somewhere south of here. FC Cincinnati and FC Montagua in the CONCA calf Championship Cup first round nine thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: So FC's playing in Hond'ors.
Speaker 8: Honduras tonight and then they play here. Their MLS opener is Saturday night at thirty two degrees TQL Stadium Saturday night. According to Jennifer ketchmark of nine, where nine stands for news it's going to be like thirty some degrees at match time Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Jilly tickets available. Correct, let's see what?
Speaker 8: Oh, how about this Willie one of the boys winners last night in high school basketball?
Speaker 1: Say it the park.
Speaker 8: Took SCPA like sixty seven to thirty or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, the head coach put his cell phone up to the locker room before the game. Yeah, and I gave the Wildcats a speech that propelled them to victory. For Deer Park, it's always victory after victory. And look at Trey Hendrickson he comes to speak to deer Park. Now, the Bengals were talking about a long term, guaranteed, bonus laden contract extension. There's a rumor that Jim Stall at Deer Park may have Joe Burrow about a year from now.
Speaker 8: If if you get Joe Burrow to speak for Deer Park, you will have to rent out uh. You will have to rent out Paul pay Course Stadium, the Fifth Third Arena, Heritage Bank Center, the Centas Center, Truest Arena, uh and everywhere else in between.
Speaker 1: Second, if you want to have enough room, We've had Heisman Trophy winners before speak for Deer Park. You know, that I know that. Yeah, Roger Staubach, that's winner. He was there the Navy Purcell, he was there. And I think, uh, I'm confident that Trey Hendrickson will talk about the reception that Trey received in Deer Park at Montgomery and Montgomery by Tom Gregory, and because of that, negotiations are now underway.
Speaker 8: Also, Willie, let's see EHL hockey tonight along the big flooded river downtown. Western Conference leader, the Toledo Walleye will take on the Cyclones. And of course tomorrow night four Nations Championship on the line, the United States v Canada.
Speaker 1: And you know segment that is a pickham game, according to DraftKings. I've looked online. It's a pickham. I would think America would be favored in Boston, but it's a Pickham game. And there's a rumor, only a rumor, Yes, said Donald John Trump may fly from mar A Lago to Boston to get it for the game and to speak to the boys, kind of like the late Herb Brooks in mardl on ice. Now wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 8: Oh oh, would Joe Biden do that? He wouldn't even know where Boston or hockey is he'd get lost. But remember the name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back.
Speaker 1: Get that through your head. Herb Brooks and Donald Trump. Oh, we live in the era of Trump, Trump and more Trump.
Speaker 8: Well, I get what he ought to do is he ought to go on the bench tonight. He's an assistant coach. How big would that be?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: And or give the ceremonial Uh, puck drop the puck drop?
Speaker 1: Oh, be careful with your language segment. But after two o'clock today, we've scheduled Sheriff Charmaine McGuffey to be here to talk about the Lincoln Heights situation. Is patrolling the streets of Lincoln Heights. And they're not the Nazis. They're the opposition group of the Armed Resistance in Lincoln Heights. They got action in the in Lincoln Heights. Will he I'm telling you, what would what would Richard K. Jones say about this?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: He'd probably already have it cleaned up. And and those guys out of town. Not good guys are out of town, weren't.
Speaker 1: They They're from Summer in Kentucky. And I want to ask the sheriff, there was a U haul rent a trailer had a license plate. You can find out who these guys are. Of course, in their defense. At this point, there's no crime that was committed by the so called neo Nazis, but there may have been lots of crimes committed by the self appointed militia in Lincoln Heights. So I don't know what the hell is going on. We're gonna all hell breaking loose us. Yes, David Ferrara of the inquir did a pretty good job saying that he was approached by an armed man, told to put down his window and to respond to who are you with the gun pointed in his direction in Lincoln Heights. Okay, that's called kidnapping. That's called impersonating a police officer. That's called inducing panic, that's called disorderly conduct. You can't take a rifle and pointed at somebody and say no your rules, shut your mouth and do what I tell you to do. That's called kidnapping. You know what I'm saying, I know what you're saying. Give me out of the studs reportment. We have Corey Bowman coming up, who wants to be the man of Cincinnati's gonna run as a pro Trump Republican. What are his chances in the city of Cincinnati. Only his hairdresser knows for sure.
Speaker 8: Will you in hon of a cold day here at the tri State we leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 10: I am so excited about this team.
Speaker 3: I'm just getting pumped up about it.
Speaker 1: We need to get pumped up segment Because the experts some have picked the Reds to win the division. How about that sounds all right to me? Let's continue segment. The sheriff coming up after two o'clock today, show them the Reds in Middle Tucky. That would be news Radio seven hundred WU Elder Bill cunning in the Great American. Of course, at this point there appears to be one opponent against abdam pure of alfamer Cincinnati, that is Corey Bowman. And Corey Bowman is the half brother of JD. Vance. And in about ten minutes or so it will be at the Hyde Park Plaza to collect signatures. And Corey Bowman, first of all, tell the American people where you are in your signature process. One must have be done, and then one or two things about your platform. But what do you seek to do at two o'clock at Hyde Park plaster.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 9: Two weeks ago we made the decision to pool petitions to run for mayor Cincinnati, so we kind of had to hit the ground running. We have had some great responses for our signatures. We have to have five hundred verified signatures by tomorrow morning in order to get us on the ballot. I keep telling people, this is not a.
Speaker 3: Vote for me.
Speaker 9: This is a vote to allow me to convince you to vote for me for the next eight months. So I believe that this is going to be an awesome opportunity for people to see change in the city. But I'm going to be at Hyde Park Plaza from two to three pm today collecting signatures because we've got to be able to get signatures to be able to make sure that there's no question we're going to be on the ballot.
Speaker 1: Are you running as a Republican, a Democrat or independent?
Speaker 9: Well, on the ticket you have to run as non parson as mayor of Cincinnati. But I will say that we are being supported by and we are running on as a Republican candidate.
Speaker 1: You understand Republicans aren't too popular in the city of Cincinnati. You understand that I couldn't be telling me that.
Speaker 9: They keep telling me it's impossible.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 1: It could be an uphill battle, is what I'm saying. Just saying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, basically, four weeks ago, I was flying into Cincinnati from probably the greatest inauguration that my generation will ever see. Saw so much to poor and hope for the country, and me and my wife are downtown. This is our home. This is not a stepping stone for us.
Speaker 3: This is where we raise our family.
Speaker 9: And I just knew there's no chance that our hometown can fall back the next four years, and that's why we're running.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Your brother's jd Vance, he's doing quite well. Came back from Munich a few days ago. Mike jd Vance campaign for you for the mayor's position here in Cincinnati. He lives here, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, this is his hometown. He loves Cincinnati about as much as I do. But the reality is right now is I tell people I've got a good luck and love you from him. But right now there's nothing to endorse because we have to get on the ballot. After that, once we present our platform, our position on key issues.
Speaker 3: In the city.
Speaker 9: There's no telling what will happen, but I believe that there's going to be so much momentum behind this campaign the next eight months that what is impossible is going to start looking like it's possible.
Speaker 1: So, Corey Bowman, brother of JD Vance, you're saying that you're going to run more or less as a Trump Republican in the city of Cincinnati, Is that correct?
Speaker 9: I'm going to run as a Cincinnatian that cares too much about his city to let it be run by one hundred percent Democrat city council and mayor to where it's just simply an echo chamber. But we've seen things the last four years that has left people very frustrated, and that's what I'm running on.
Speaker 1: All Okay, So you're going to be at the Hyde Park plays and starting at about five or ten minutes at two o'clock today till three point thirty, you need like one hundred more signatures. So if someone is interested, what part of Hyde Park Plaza. Tony Benner's been there many times, is at the Kroger store down the way. Where will you be if anywhere?
Speaker 9: We're going to be around the parking lots around. Probably Marshall's is going to be the area where we are. Just be looking for us with the clipboard. Also, you can go to King's Arms Coffee Shop, which is our coffee shop in the west end of Cincinnati at nineteen hundred Bay Miller Street.
Speaker 3: They're going to be there.
Speaker 9: Till three pm and you can sign petitions there as well. Worst case scenario, because we've got to get these in by tomorrow morning. If you want to sign our petition, contact at Coreybowman dot com.
Speaker 5: That's the email.
Speaker 9: Contact at Coreybowman dot com. Reach out to us and we will find some way to get your signature.
Speaker 1: It's Corey with a C. Last name is be like in boywm a N Corey Bowman dot com. I look forward to a constitutional conservative Trumpion being elected the mayor of Cincinnati. That would be a sign of the apocalypse. Corey Bowman, thank you very much. Good luck to you in the next hour or two. Let's see what happens. But thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and give my best to Sean Donovan. Will you Oh?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And it's Corey co r Y. There's no e even though Corey Dillon was my favorite football player growing up.
Speaker 1: Number twenty eight. Corey Bowman, you're at the Hyde Park Plaza by the Marshalls. Put up a big sign. We'll see what happens. Corey Bowman, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Thank you Bill so much.
Speaker 1: God bless America News is next. That's your home of the Red's News Radio seven hundred WLW my Billy Cunningham, the Great American. About twelve days ago, there were a group of so called neo Nazis standing on a bridge overpast I seventy five, hurling fourth some of their neo Nazi symbols. Since then, all hell's broken loose, I head on. A couple hours ago, David Ferrera. Ferrera is a new reporter with the Inquir's been out it for about seven or eight months, but long experience in the journalism business, wrote a column that quote, armed men are guarding the streets of Lincoln Heights, stopping cars and vetting passers. By joining you and I now. As the Sheriff of Hamilton County, Charmaine mcguffey's been out at about thirty some years in law enforcement, that twice elected sheriff and Sheriff Welcome again. To the Bill Cunningham Show, And first of all, I want to get your reaction to this inquir story about armed men walking up to a car windows with guns pointed in that direction, ordering the occupants to do or not do certain things. What about that?
Speaker 11: Well, thank you Bill for having me on so that I can tell the constituents of Hamlin County the facts. First of all, report there were two reports made about this. The first report was a report that round at this there was a woman on the fourteenth here of February who was sitting at a stop sign and she wrote her wins down and she took photos of a man standing with carrying a firearm open carry, and the man stepped to her window and said, I don't want this on Facebook. Delete it, and she did and then she drove off and she it was called in as an information only because there was no crime. There was no crime committed, so we took that report on the fourteenth as an information only. The next one that we have and these are the only two actual reports that we have where citizens actually reported to us something, and that is a man who on the tenth he was sitting to stop sign and a man approached his window and said who was open carrying and said, you know you you don't need to be here, you should leave. And the man and then the driver that he wasn't standing in front of the vehicle. He didn't point the gun at the man. He stepped away from the car, and the man turned left and left and left Lincoln Heights. And that happened on the tenth. After the man talked to the reporter who he just named, he went up to this man who was in the car. He went up to our Sycamore Township location and filed a report yesterday at like four point thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: So that was then.
Speaker 11: You know that what got routed to our CIS division, which is our Criminal Investigation Division, and it's already been assigned to a detective to investigate. And those are the two reports we have. And literally, I mean you know, the thing that is alleged to be something that was a complaint was filed last night at four thirty in the evening.
Speaker 1: If somebody would drive I talked to another inchoir reporter other than Ferrara, who told me that there are armed men standing on street corners with some aimatic weapons. May I say, that's not illegal just to stand there. We're an open carry state. However, it is illegal to point the gun at somebody in order them to do something that could be kidnapping, could be inducing panic, could be impersonating a police officer. The one report was that the man and the photos in the inquir story from a couple of days previous, it looks rather intimidating to have armed men pointing rifles at citizens, and in fact, in the story it says maybe a report wasn't filed that in the Wendy's drive through some of these armed men who are defending Lincoln Ice would walk up to someone in the drive through and point a weapon in the direction of somebody waiting for their hamburger. Have you gotten a report on that one?
Speaker 11: I have not.
Speaker 3: I have not. Bill.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you, we do not have anything in writing. We have no one calling our districts or calling us to allege any of that happening. Our deputy did respond to a call to come to Wendy's. He spoke to the manager there and the manager asked him, what are these men who on carrying weapons? And our deputy said, well, it's open carry. And just like with the neo Nazis. The Ohio legislature has an open carry for Ohio. We cannot go and arrest anyone for open carry. And that is what the manager said to our deputy. He didn't tell our deputy that anybody was pointing a weapon. None of that was alligated. We have none of that on paper. If somebody has a picture of it, please send it to us. I mean, you know, these are things that in the police world. In the cop world, we write it down. We write down times, down places, And the deputy said when he talked to the Wendy's manager, the Wendy's manager said, okay, I just wanted to ask the question.
Speaker 1: Okay, as far as what message, as the chief law enforcement officer of Hamlin A County, would you send to residents of Lincoln Heights or the area that would dress up looking like police. They have emblems. One of the times, according to the inquiry reporter, he said, we are the police, and that standing on street corners is one thing. Pointing a rifle at somebody it's like almost a kidnapping charge. On the other hand, what message would you send to those who continue to continue to do this kind of stuff in Lincoln Heights.
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, I would like to I would like to differentiate between an allegation and an actual provable fact. We have no evidence that that happened, other than someone saying it happened. Again, if we have a picture, if we have an actual report a street of something for us go investigate. Deputies have been called to certain areas and when they get there, they observe a man standing with an open carry. And what the message to everyone, not just Lincoln Heights, but everyone. Look, law enforcement is being as absolutely transparent about this and as anybody can, right because there are certain things that are under investigation. But every department that's been involved in this has released body cam, has addressed public people, have addressed public meetings. I mean, we're all working to push out this information to vilify the police, any police, any police officer, to vilify that person because that officer has not been given the tools by the Ohio state legislators to do something to make arrest in those situations, to confront people for IDs, which we can't demand an ID. We can't do the things that we would want to do. And I'm pleading with everyone to you know what, there's no reason to vilify police officers. I guarantee you no one was involved with the Nazis. No one knew this was coming. I've talked to numerous people, numerous chiefs all around Hamilton County. Every one of us is outraged. Every officer is outraged, and I'm begging people to please keep your.
Speaker 2: Head about this.
Speaker 11: Look, you know, we're doing what we can. If there's any way we can bring some of these men to justice who were spewing all of that hate speech and so forth, we will. But you know, there has to be a process. I don't care where we are or what department you're with. There's a process in government to make things happen and do things so you don't get sued, so people don't get shot and so forth, and people aren't injured. And our deputies and the officers that responded did everything they could, everything they knew to do to de escalate, and that's what we're trained for.
Speaker 1: Sheriff mccuffey, do you have a specific person in Lincoln Heights who's like a command or somebody in charge who's physically present daily or is it something on a nine to one one basis someone is sent there? Is there like a sub station or sheriff's deputy sitting there day by day or is it a nine to one one call then you go there.
Speaker 11: No, No, our station is manned and uh and it is in Lincoln Heights. It sits dead in Lincoln Heights, and it is it's a substation of type, right, But that's where our officers are, Our patrol cars are there, Our officers are in and out of that building. It is very very easy to be in Lincoln Heights and contact a patrol officer if you're there, if you come to the district, And those are things we encourage people to do if they have a complaint or they can make a call. One thing, I want to point out these nine one one calls, and I know nine one wants to be flooded with calls about out men carrying weapons, men standing on a street corner armed with a rifle, and so forth. Look, you know, I have to tell people and I have to point them in the right direction. It's not the police. Those are your Ohio legislators that need to make better gun safety laws and whatever they're going to do. But as soon as they say it's okay to open carry, I mean our hands are tied, and I you know, whether you're a hate speech person a Nazi, which is you know, I just can't even say enough, how just disgusted I am with the Nazis and what their messaging is and so forth. I'm disgusted. But you can't differentiate. You can't say, well, the Nazis get to carry open carry and nobody else does. Well, that's not realistic. And if we want to change the laws and we want to make this less of a wildlifless, the Ohio legislators need to get get together, get working and legislate this so that the police have some options.
Speaker 1: So if someone in Lincoln Heights at a Wendy's drive through has a person walking up to them appearing to want to look like a police officer, the photo looks like someone who might be a cop and wants to question them. That person, assuming it doesn't happen in the presence of a police officer, and most crime does not, that person's got to follow a complaint and say, essentially academically, that would be kidnapping. You can't point a gun at somebody and say unless you do something, something else is going to happen.
Speaker 11: Correct, Well, that's exactly right, Bill, That's exactly right. We need to know. We need a report because we need time, we need date, we need location, we need any witnesses. We need all of that information so that we can follow this down. Listen, our officers and deputies in Hamilton County are incredibly courageous. They put themselves on the line every day, all day, and I'm asking the citizens to please respect that. I mean, we can't run down just because somebody you know, calls you, for instance, and says, hey, this happened to me, but yet we have no record of it. We have no report, we have no information. You know, it's ridiculous to think that somehow we're responsible for not responding.
Speaker 1: How about this one the incidents, there was an information on only on the fourteenth, a woman in a car, a man on the tenth, and last night, an inquiry reporter indirectly or directly filed a complaint about the gun pointed at the reporter, who's David Ferrera. And that's what you mentioned earlier and at this point, and are you going to thoroughly investigate these allegations of really crimes committed by Lincoln Heights or others who appear to be police who point guns at people and say do something. Are you going to actively investigate that over the next few days.
Speaker 11: Of course I am, and I would do it, whether it was in Lincoln Heights or Sycamore Township or anywhere else we patrol, and every other police chief in this arena would do the same. You know, if we get a complaint which I have not seen or heard of, any complaint that this reporter filed saying that someone pointed a gun at him, and I will, after this call, promise you, I will call the supervisors and majors and so forth and run this down to find out. But before you talk to me on the phone, I made calls. I talked to the lieutenant, the commander of Lincoln Heights. I talked to other majors.
Speaker 5: What have we seen?
Speaker 11: What has been reported? And the two things we just talked about were the only things. No one has alligated that a weapon has been pointed at him.
Speaker 5: Nobody.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, David Ferrara said that about two hours ago, and off the air. I'll send you a cell phone number to expedite things. I have a text here from a police officer who says, are you tracking down the neo Nazis because they used a U haul with a license plate from I think Kentucky. Is that something across state lines the FBI would do or is that something are you interested in identifying the neo Nazis at all?
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, I addressed all of that bill in my press conference yesterday, and the purpose of the press conference was to clarify those things for the public. Right, there are certain things that we are allowed to do by law. There are other things that I have asked the county prosecutor to research and potentially investigate. I've talked to the lead special officer in the FBI for the Cincinnati Division and the Ohio Criminal Investigations of EUREA, and you know, I have tentacles out to all those people, and everyone's working in a legal way to do what they can do. And you know, we're working with other agencies that also track these hate crimes and so forth that aren't policing agencies so that they can share their information with us. Now, you know, that's the extent of what we can do, and I made that very clear. And you know, once again, I want to emphasize the officers that responded to this were under extreme stress. You know, they were acting as they're trained to act, which is to de escalate. Get these men out of the area. And again I call for people, please stand down, do not threaten our officers, don't don't do things that escalate this. We're working as hard as we can. And there isn't one person I've talked to in uniform that isn't, you know, absolutely on board.
Speaker 5: This was disgusting.
Speaker 11: It should never go on. And we're going to absolutely train and be better, you know, and hopefully I don't know, you know, be be not surprised is the way I should put it. Not surprised when this happens again, and orchestrate our response.
Speaker 1: And it will, I'm sure will I will. And lastly, you told me off there crime is down seventy percent on Lincoln Heights. Is that correct? So the last five to three or four, five, six, seven years are the crime rates way down?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 11: In twenty fifteen, and I have these numbers prepared. We call it Part one, which is serious crimes, felonies, robbery, shootings, murders, anything like that. There were one hundred and three that were investigated and so forth in twenty fifteen and Now in twenty twenty four there are sixty six. That's a reduction of about thirty five percent. For Part two crimes, which are misdemeanors excluding traffic, which would be like disorderly conduct, drug abuse, DUI, things like that. Uh, there were two hundred and sixty six that were investigated and in fifteen, in twenty twenty four there were one hundred and forty four. That's a forty five percent reduction. And that is where I get, you know, a conservative number of seventy percent. Crime is down seventy percent in Lincoln Heights. And it's not only just due to the police officers, which are doing a great job over there, all right, an excellent job, but it's also the community that's cooperating. The community wants crime down, and we've had great, great cooperation from the Lincoln Heights mayor from their council. We feel very comfortable talking to them, and you know they're helping with this with a lot of youth initiatives and things like that. So, yes, crime is down on Lincoln Heights.
Speaker 1: Fine, we got to go, But Sheriff McGuffey, thank you, and I'll share with you with his permission, the telephone number of the reporter who had a gun pointed at him. Also, a guy named Jim Meister, said that he lives in Lincoln Heights. He tells this person quote, I'm calling the police, and that this person with the gun the rifle pointed at him and said we are the police. And so Jim Meister is another one. If he'll step forward, raise his hands, go okay, this is what happened to me. This is who did it?
Speaker 11: Away, you go, yep, report it to us. It will be investigated to the fullest, and if there has been a crime committed, we will certainly prosecute that to its fullest.
Speaker 1: Submit it to prosecutor's office, and let's see what's happened to rest here it out. Hopefully crime is also down. But according to this reporter for the inquired, there have been numerous examples of guns pointed at people. And I'm going to make you. I'll give you the number with his permission, and then if that happens away we go.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, Bill, and thank you very much. And my appeal to the public, please make that clear. You know, give us a chance, give us some room. Our people that are wearing that uniform, they're people too. They have feelings. They're working hard, they work day and night. They're doing the right things.
Speaker 1: So thank you very much, Sheriff McGuffey, thank you very much. God bless you. Thank you very much. Let's continue with more news. Is nuxt At Rome of the Reds News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: We gave them, I believe three hundred and fifty billion dollars, but let's say something less than that. But it's a lot, and we have to equalize with Europe because Europe has given us given a very much smaller.
Speaker 1: Percentage in that.
Speaker 10: I think Europe has given a hundred billion and we've given let's say three hundred plus. And it's more important for them than it.
Speaker 1: Is for us.
Speaker 10: We have an ocean in between and they don't. But where is all the money that's been given? Where is it going? And nobody I've never seen an accounting of it. We give hundreds of billions of dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't see any accounting. So I want to see piece.
Speaker 10: Look, you know why I want because I don't want all these people killed anymore. I'm looking at people that is that we gave him.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: First of our rock. I need your comments not only about Pete Rose and what's happening there out of Goodyear, about the price remarks about Ukraine, but also about armed militias standing around the street corners in Lincoln Heights looking like Lynja warriors. Your comments and all of that, if any we want, we want first Pete Rose, Pete Rose, give me Pete So they're not comment on Pete Rose, they're not. Commissioner.
Speaker 8: Commissioner mister was asked about Pete Rose, you know, passed away anything about the now that with the getting into the Hall of Fame, and he just comment that same thing. All he is, all he's worried about is like he's not worried that the Dodgers are spending eighty six billion dollars for a baseball team. Well, the rest of the league just goes to, you know what, you know, that's okay, that's okay. No, but the Reds are wearing fourteen patches. It's correct, they gotta and they got a Pete Ros night. So I don't know, maybe they'll invite him and maybe he'll see the light.
Speaker 12: If you go on my Twitter right now, you will see Peter Rose Junior just tweeted a picture of his son PJ saw that in the cages at that swing, looking good, just like the old man.
Speaker 1: That's right. I don't know, but at least at fourteen will be on the uniforms. But uh, you know, betting paraphernalia and the betting sites are all over everywhere content and suddenly betting and baseball is wrong and I'm looking, you know, God bless all the betting sites MGM and of course DraftKings, Sportsbook Dot, God bless them. If you want to gamble, gamble, I want to smoke pot, Go ahead and smoke pot. You're an Adultoo what you gotta do?
Speaker 12: Let me ask you, and I agree to do what you want to do. But how do you think that's going to work out? The pot legalization and the widespread gambling legalizing. How's that going to work out in ten years in your opinion?
Speaker 1: Well, talk to the little rock, because I think you and I are over the humps. Teg Man's over the hump. I'm not going to start drinking all of a sudden. I'm not going to start smoking all of a sudden. I hope at my age, I'm gonna start gambling things away. I foubt that's going to happen. But when kids grew up in an environment in which gambling legal and illegal use of marijuana and or other loocinogenic drugs, uh, and don't get married, don't have a wife, don't have kids, don't get educated. All of a sudden, I'm I'm not sure in ten or twenty years, if you're twenty five or forty five years old, you want to smoke pot and have a martini, have at it. But we're sending messages to the little rocks of the world that you know, betting is good and uh, betting on baseball is bad. However it's good. And then you're told don't smoke pot. But then okay, you got you smoke pot. It's legal. The state's making a hundred million dollars maybe up to two hundred million dollars a year, and alcohol and beer is ubiquitous. Adults should make adult decisions. But we're conditioning young folks to think differently about these things. And we thought about.
Speaker 12: Parents I talk to that have kids that are teenagers, especially teenage boys, that they say all they do is is do go on the phone and do the game week like they don't go out. They don't go to parties, they don't go chase girls, and don't go call girls up.
Speaker 1: And ask them out to go on a date.
Speaker 12: They sit around on their phones and they and they gamble online.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. I hate to say this, but maybe not yet in your life, Rock, but you're gonna be confronted with a circumstance where some of your male sons in their teenage years are going to be looking porn and probably ten to twenty percent of boys and not girls so much. Boys are going to be addicted to porn. And you put the porn with the drugs, the alcohol, the smoking, the pot and education not being valued. I'm not sure long term this is good for our society to be starting now.
Speaker 12: Agreed, Yeah, free and do what you want to do all that, but it's I can't see how it's gonna be a good thing.
Speaker 1: Got a parent, got gotta be a good parent, Gotta be now. Lastly, I watched all the shows simultaneously, and ESPN this morning and also Fox Sports this morning are saying again the Bengals have the window open and they don't need another T. Higgins. What they need is two or three offensive linemen to sign them and then trade them as the way to go, because this guy's gonna make what twenty seven twenty eight million dollars for one year, be twenty two million last year, but that the top receivers are making up to forty million dollars a year. Half of that guaranteed your comments, I understand that.
Speaker 12: But there's a line of thinking that I largely agree with, and that is sign your own right. Guys that you drafts and guys you developed, guys you've had in your program. If they're productive for you, and especially in T's case, ultra productive, sign them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 12: I agree with getting offensive lineman. The problem will he is there's no great game changing linemen that are going to be on the free agent market buying large. Maybe a couple, but usually if you get those guys, you can't find those guys.
Speaker 1: And so when you find one, teams don't let them go. And the guys that they do let go, it's usually for a reason.
Speaker 12: They're old, or they're not as good as everyone thinks they are, or they're maybe a little bit of a malcontent. So you know, you can't find those linemen in free agency. You've got to draft them and develop them and the Bengals have not been able to do that well.
Speaker 1: In fact, wels They're going to keep that.
Speaker 8: They want to keep number nine happy. So whatever ES says, I mean, number number nine has been has been negotiating for them for what three months or almost all season Megan's Chase Hendrickson. It's like they got to they want to keep him happy. They don't care about what ESPN says. They want to keep number nine happy.
Speaker 12: Well, I think they know that you're not going to build a defense of the caliber of the Eagles in one offseason. It's impossible, right, So what do you do with the limited time and limited resources. One class of free agency, one class a draft. You sign the guy that you know is great in your system, t Higgins one healthy and just and you outscore people. You get a little bit better at defense. Okay, again, you're not gonna have the you know, the eighty five Bears or the you know, the twenty twenty four Eagles defense. But get a little bit better at defense and keep your offensive firepower and outscore people.
Speaker 1: Well at that point, Colin Coward, but one of the stars of morning Sports Talk, said that Joe Barrow will be gone within three years and I'm listening to this, I'm saying, stop it, stop it right now. I don't want to hear Joe Burrow demanding to be traded. He said he's gonna pull the old number nine is going to be pulled out again and said, you know what, we can't take it anymore. Heisman Trophy winner, first team All American Southern Colis Finals. It's gonna be one of those situations and that would be disgusting. And I hope that doesn't happen. I hope it doesn't happen too.
Speaker 12: But I mean, as long as the Bengals continue to upgrade that team and make it clear to him and everybody that we're doing everything possible under the sun to draft well, to acquire great free agents, to develop our team, to coach our team.
Speaker 1: If you're doing all that and then the guy leaves, what can you do? But is that happening? If that happen, don't I don't first see that happening. I do not.
Speaker 8: And if he if they keep winning, if they start winning, yeah, then he's gonna thing you gotta win.
Speaker 12: But if if they do, if they have another year like this past year where they can't stop anybody, and the run game isn't great, and you know you'll find yourself in a situation where you're not winning games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys can upset and they want to go to a winner. You old rock. The experts say you had an elite quarterback top three in the league. You have the elite receiving corp number one MVP, number of Triple Crown winner and number three you got Trey Henderson lead the How do you lead the league in sacks? How do you have the Triple Crown winner in receiving and Joe Burrow is the quarterback and you go nine to eight, don't make the playoffs? How's that possible? That's a tough one. I'll tell you.
Speaker 12: The biggest thing that needs to happen that I don't hear people talking about is the Bengals need Marius Mims to show up this year in year two.
Speaker 1: And be a dude, bud dude.
Speaker 12: They need him again. They draft him. The guy looks like a Donasi. I mean, he had did a lot of great things this year, but they need him to be a cornerstone offensive tackle for the next eight years. If that happens, that's a huge, huge piece that goes well into them being a great team.
Speaker 1: All right, segment, give me into sports quickly because time is a wasted will.
Speaker 8: Lead the studt reporters April service of your local temp star in air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality of confeeling Cincinnati call Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five to one, three three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five. But speaking of the National Football League, twenty four to seven Sports reports former Bengals defensive tackle Doma pop peco So this is going to be the new defensive line coach for prime time at Colorado. It's spent eleven years in a Bengals uniform. The NFL salary cap rock Saw, they say, is going to fall within the range at two hundred and seventy seven and a half to two hundred and eighty one and a half mill The cap has increased more than fifty three million dollars in over the last two years.
Speaker 12: So let's go back and look at my last year in the league two thousand and nine. Okay, the cap this year is going to be two hundred and eighty million dollars. My last en year league two thousand and nine, it was one hundred and twenty three million. It has gone up cheese significantly, significantly.
Speaker 8: That's three times. That's because of right. You might as well get my well credited too. He gets blamed for everything else.
Speaker 1: Effect No, he's he's responsible for the plane crash in Toronto. You know that a couple of days ago.
Speaker 12: There's so much misinformation going on out there, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: The one that I see is good.
Speaker 12: He's cutting U cancer research programs and Elon Musk is cutting this and not SpaceX. Do people not understand Elon Musk does not have the power to cut anything. He has been given the responsibility by the President to find government waste, and the strategy is to find that waste, get the people rolled up and pissed off, which we rightfully should be, and then he's got to go to Congress and they got to do the ones that that are cutting. Right now, nothing has been cut. We have not gotten any more money back from us, none of that stuff. But it has been identified and hopefully the morons in Congress will come together and pass bill say we're not we're not paying for that, that, that that that, and that he is Elon Musk has not cut anything from any anybody. You don't have that power, can do people understand that I don't.
Speaker 1: Think and I don't think point that's foolish. Thank you, Yes, Mike, thank you. At some point one hundred and twenty five year old, we have eighteen thousand Americans getting Social Security checks that are older than one hundred and twenty five years old. Somehow that is not accurate. Somehow that must be stopped. Are you willing to give up your Social Security check? Yes? Yes, I will, and say that, promise, promise that government spending. I don't need it. I'd like to have it a course, I got country club dues. But nonetheless of people I know, rich guys like Segment and any fingers would give up Social Security Mike McConnell if the money went for a good purpose. I don't want it. I don't need it save the country. Yes, But on one hand we're told we have to cut But on the other hand, we're told we're not cutting into government programs. Just give me a break. There's not one hundred and fifty thousand Americas that are one hundred and seventy five years old. I don't believe this is a great this is a great issue.
Speaker 12: For Trump and the Republicans because they have they have found an issue where the opponents find themselves rooting against cutting government waste.
Speaker 1: That is not a good position to be in.
Speaker 12: That will be plaster on every campaign they had in the midterms, all that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's gonna be a yeah. So yeah, we've got two minutes remaining. You better go a little more quickly.
Speaker 8: Bearcats and Bearcats at West Virginia tonight Willie at six thirty, Vanderbilt in Kentucky at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. Uh, let's see FC Cincinnati and FC Montagua and Honduras tonight in the CONCACAFF champions Cup. First, you're talking about, say nine to thirty on Fox Sports thirteen to sixty. Where are they playing the Concordoras Hondoras Montagua is the team? Isn't there a basketball reader like right down the street?
Speaker 1: I think? So to take a left. Let's see Red's getting riy, Red's getting well.
Speaker 8: Then they got the MLS opener and on saturd today supposed to be like freezing temperatures on Saturday night at t QL State, what rather big hockey game this weekend is the Hockey Game four Nations Championship tomorrow night, rock.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna take Canada, the United States and Canada arch.
Speaker 8: Somebody said in the hallway, you're a big Nathan mccannon fan, and Connor McDavid.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. What may be there? Trump may fly? Oh, that would be the miracle on ice too. Drop the puck, dropped the puck u e hl action tonight.
Speaker 8: Our beloved Cyclones are right along the flooded river up against the Toledo Walleye and the Reds getting ready for that Cactus League opener Saturday, Hunter Green on the mound against those Guardians. The action right here on the seven hundred WLW. Mister Castellini, Red's owner has arrived on Red's Air Force one this morning.
Speaker 1: Doctor Marshall.
Speaker 12: Yesterday, I suppose there's a new attitude, new Pepp and the staff. Things are being run a little more st Wonder why we're rocking and rolling out there.
Speaker 1: Frantona Tito laying it down. Well, I'm gonna play golf with him when Marty get when he gets Bock, we're gonna go to Kenwood and we're gonna play for some money. I like to get some of that five million dollars in my pocket. But uh, segment Rock, thank you all being with you at five o'clock segment. Get me out of the Scoote Report, please, will you?
Speaker 8: And honor of another cold day here at the Tri Stays and looking for some warmth, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 1: We will bring championship baseball to Cincinnati on seven hundred WLW