Speaker 1: Mamaita, Sexy Chico the room.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: You bought my mom and my.
Speaker 1: Every day, the Magic Man from my this so and I got a tour and again have you ever loved.
Speaker 4: Somebody so much you can't sleep every mining by your side? It's like heaven to me, baby girl, I.
Speaker 3: Would give my life for you. You mean the world to me. About you big.
Speaker 5: Something about this, y'all y'all know we got that bonce that it's magic in the house.
Speaker 3: Y'all know that, babe, y'all, MC magic is on the cruise show Man. Let's go by DJ few you.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm honored, brotherppreciate that.
Speaker 4: Send me top three fleet.
Speaker 3: It's yours. Use it for a real you feel me? Yes, I got DJ fused We straight. That's love.
Speaker 4: That's love. Thank you guys, thank you.
Speaker 3: For being here. Man bro one time, magic, living legend, Man, God blessed Chicanos always always always Brother, Why that title? Talk to me about it?
Speaker 4: I think that's who I am.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what.
Speaker 4: I was born in Mexico, but I was raised in the USA.
Speaker 3: And so, uh, weren't we all right? Right? Right?
Speaker 1: At least that's my that's my inert and at all my concerts. That's who has made MC magic. You know who I am today are Cheekanod's you know.
Speaker 3: You know you go to MC magic show Chicanos right, left and right all around. You go to hip hop shows, Chicanos freewhere. We make up the biggest consumer when it comes to music. And it seems like it's a word.
Speaker 4: I know it started as a derogatory term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a word that like a lot of people are not proud to you took it unless you're going to the low rid of carsion, that's right. But I'm Chikano twenty four hours rest right, Yeah, and God bless Chicano.
Speaker 3: Unless you hang with Danny Treyjill You you know, amen, Danny baby bashed Little Rob the whole squad Baby, Yes, sir, Yes, an old t Mexican that Mexican ot, Yes sir, that's my guy. Man. Yes, Coyotes as well. Man, great dudes right there, man, shout shout out to Ricky and Guapo man the video crazy bounce house man.
Speaker 1: We had such a good time and I was I was telling somebody another interview. I was like, you know, we were late to the video because of the airlines. It delayed us four hours and o t you know, he's the star, you know, he's he's the guy at the moment. But he waited four hours and so we could start the video where we finally got there.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of love.
Speaker 1: Man shout out that Mexican ot, shout out Coyote, Chicano's baby.
Speaker 3: Let's go, Yes, sir man MC magic is here, you know, let you right.
Speaker 1: You know Jackie that is the one that said Magic, you gotta come to the cruise show.
Speaker 4: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: I put I put up on him person square and I was like, I gotta, I gotta check this for a hour and be I never checked checked you out the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a moment, right, let's yeah. And then we had a moment you know in.
Speaker 5: The trailer afterwards we were just talking yeah and sharing ideas and I was very passionate when I was speaking to you that I won't forget.
Speaker 3: But thank you for your time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: You're welcome, your your your your ears were just like thank you for just being so receptive to you, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Like none.
Speaker 1: But you know, he made a great point. You made a lot of great points. Actually, and I think I think passion is so important. You gotta feed passion because if you shut somebody down, and that's an ugly situation, that's all bad, right.
Speaker 3: And you never know who you're meeting, right, and you never know where they're going in their life and their in their journey where you might meet them. You might meet them somewhere.
Speaker 4: Down and they could they could make or break your career.
Speaker 3: That yo, you know, I'm magic. Did radio, did mornings in Phoenix, YEP.
Speaker 1: I used to work doing mornings in Phoenix, my hometown, and uh, it just got too I got too busy for it and I had to let it go. So shout out to my brother Mikey for at this.
Speaker 4: Pulled me into radio. He says, you can do it.
Speaker 3: I was so happy to see that. When that was going down, I'm like, yeah, who better? Who better to hold down their hometown we had.
Speaker 1: It was a great era for me and I learned a lot. Actually, I got better at social media because of the teachings that they were giving us at at the radio.
Speaker 3: What was the worst part about it? The worst part about radio? Listen, we're in radio. We know you can tell us no.
Speaker 4: Mine is different than y'all getting up early. I do that anyway.
Speaker 1: So the hardest part of me was that I'm so hyper when I'm in your position that I don't talk like this. I'm like, Yo, check this out, man, we're gonna do this. My energy goes really high doing that. Every day I was I was killing my throat. Oh yeah, but I need I need that for the shows. And so I told Mike, yes, is my brother.
Speaker 4: I gotta go.
Speaker 1: And then and he's like, well, double your pay, bro, I'll stay another couple of months, and then and then double They doubled my pay, and I was like, it ain't worth did I got to get back to being me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because your bread and butter is these shows, recording music and you need your instrument. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, who would have thought thirty years later, thirty years later, still selling our shows, still independent.
Speaker 4: So blessed God, bless you kin.
Speaker 6: How does not make you feel though, like, thirty years later you're still able to it's your music's generational.
Speaker 4: I feel grateful attitude of gratitude.
Speaker 1: You know, the most beautiful things to me is when fans come up and they tell me their story about, you know, how they fell in love with lost in love or how their man or their or their thia that already passed away, the reminders of them, and then the fans that get so wrapped up and telling me their story that they start crying and it touches my heart and it's just a beautiful moment as a fan.
Speaker 3: Ever walked up and like, hey, your faces on their arms.
Speaker 1: I've got my name, but not my face. Definitely a lot of mc magic tattoos out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah right yeah.
Speaker 1: Lyrics as well, Yeah, oh yeah, lost in love, I'm missing you all that kind of one.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 1: I remember Becky she's from here from La. Shout out Becky V. She's got I cried a million tears, I cried so many nights to something a million tiers it was.
Speaker 4: That's lyrics from my song I'm Missing You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know who Becky V is now? Becky G. Isn't that great she grew up to be.
Speaker 4: When I worked at radio, one of the first interviews that I ever did was Becky G.
Speaker 3: That's right, she came by.
Speaker 4: She was like fourteen years old, rapping. I'm gonna be the next Jlo. Look at her now, right y yeah? Now, Jaylo wants to get a featured that's it.
Speaker 3: That's real talk. God bless your Connell's.
Speaker 4: That's right, you feel me, that's right.
Speaker 3: The project is wild man. How long did the project take to me?
Speaker 1: Well, to be honest with some of those songs are up to two years old because because I never rushed, you were sitting on these Yeah. Well yeah, yeah that that and uh and and also waiting waiting the legal game because it's a little difficult to get clearance for an artist that signed with a major label and I'm a nobody label, at least in from their point of view, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, And so that took a little bit. Was give and take, and give and take. Finally they said, you know, you've been beating us up for six months. You can you can release this Friday. And I'm like, let's go.
Speaker 3: Done right, But has a has a major? I'm sure a major has approached you and said we want to be in the MC magic business.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think so they haven't.
Speaker 1: I was side with a major label for a short a short while when I had down for yours if you down for mine, and I don't think they even understood the demographic back then. So we didn't perform to their standards. And then now I'm too old of an artist for them to be interested in me.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Now there's there, there's publishing companies that would like to buy my catalog from me, you know, but I'm not interested in that right now. They offer seven million, seven million, Yeah, but I passed on it.
Speaker 3: We'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I passed on it because it's a legacy thing and I'm going to leave it to my kids.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, the talk box Man is such a beautiful art to me, you know, like because it just signifies, you know, the sound right that that we all grew up with. And you start with Roger. I remember working with Quick and and he learned from Roger. You know, the talk box How where did you find that passion to do that? And and how did you perfect it? Because there are a lot of you know a lot of people that are interested in that but can't get right, you know, but you get it right. That's not an easy thing to do, thank you, Jeff uh.
Speaker 1: You know, first of all, there's a there's a lyric that goes, yo wish the magic Man. When it comes to Azilla, I'm the I'm king of when it comes to talk box, I'm the new lady thriller. No disrepect, disrespect to Roger Trump, and he's the king. That's why I rocked the crown because I know he's watching over me.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Magic City, my two thousand and six album and so and so.
Speaker 1: I say that to let you know how important Roger has been in my life. When I fell in love with the talk box, it was watching him live. A ten year old kid that got into the fairgrounds by himself, went to the to the Arizona State Fair where they were playing, and I'm in the nosebleed section and he's going.
Speaker 4: Arizona Mama, Like, what does he doing? He's reetrating my soul. And so I fell in love with the talk box. But I didn't think right then.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I'm gonna be a talk box player. It was later in life, like many years later, in nineteen ninety seven, when I reached out to his team and said, can I feature Roger and Roger and U and Lester says, oh, Magic, If you want to get a feature, you know you can book the group, no problem. But if you want to work with him in the studio. You got to talk to Roger directly, and I'm like, how do I do that? I said, I'm gonna give you his number. So after he connected me with Roger, Roger said, okay, okay, uh huh yeah, yep, yep, just like that, Yep, yep, Okay, Yeah, we can do it. He goes, but you know, I just did a song for Doctor Dre and Tupac. He did he had just done California Love.
Speaker 4: I go, yeah, I heard it.
Speaker 3: I've heard it a couple of times. Yeah, yeah, I'm aware of it.
Speaker 1: And then Roger went on to say that he charged that Doctor Dre paid him eighteen thousand dollars to do that, to.
Speaker 4: Do California Love.
Speaker 1: I mean three zillion off of it, but he only got paid eighten rant. That's not the point. The point is he charged me. He said, he said, it'll be ten grand for you, though I'll give you a discount. We made it happen. It was tough because I didn't have ten grand, but I committed anyway. So we went ahead and did that. And then after Roger Troutman died a few years after that, I think it was ninety nine, and when he died, so we recorded ninety seven and ninety nine.
Speaker 4: He passes away.
Speaker 1: I felt like I lost something because I can never feature Roger on a song no more, you can never have no more talk box. And one day this little Mexican kid had a crazy idea, how about if you asked them to build you a talk box like Rogers?
Speaker 3: And I did a custom.
Speaker 1: It actually came from the Troutman family and later Larry trout Zap himself.
Speaker 4: He said, magic, you.
Speaker 1: Know that driver you got, that was dude's driver. I was like, so to be able to carry the legacy with the driver that he used the talk boxes? What that's the heart of the talkboxes driver? It was just amazing. So I know, I'll give you a long answer to.
Speaker 3: A short question, but that's what it deserves.
Speaker 1: But and that's where it came from. So it was handed down to me directly from Zap. And I never do covers of their songs because I just don't feel worthy of it.
Speaker 4: I have to feel it.
Speaker 3: I feel it, I feel it. You got to respect the old k Yeah, right man. What a blessing though, amazing, what a blessing, amazing? Where did you get the ten thousand from you.
Speaker 4: Know, we had to do some things.
Speaker 3: We had to do something and that's a short answer. But I've been there all the things you speak of, of course, been there to come up with it.
Speaker 1: We got it together, man, through the grace of God, Brother God. It was meant to happen, and it changed my life. How many babies have you made in your lifetime?
Speaker 3: I have three? You have three?
Speaker 4: Have three children?
Speaker 3: Only three? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have three boys, eleven kids. He said, you're not real Mexican, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three boys. Me and my wife are married thirty years.
Speaker 3: That's right, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what up?
Speaker 3: Man, that's amazing. That's gotta be tough though, right for her, her, because she makes it easy for me.
Speaker 1: She makes it easy for me. And that's why. That's why she's the queen. She deserves everything and and uh, you know she's everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's every Magic has merch as well, I do. You can get backpacks, I mean there's so much backpacks, makeup, palettes, tumblers.
Speaker 4: I brought some makeup. I thought you might have a young lady in the house.
Speaker 3: That's right, Jackie. I've brought some momental magic. I got a few blemishes. I might have to cover up to.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, this is a T shirt God Blessed Chicano's T shirt like album.
Speaker 4: See what size is? It's it's a medium guys, all.
Speaker 3: Right, who's a medium? Jackie jacket? Gotcha medium large? There's a medium here? Oh?
Speaker 4: I got another way.
Speaker 3: I gotta know you, Magic.
Speaker 4: This is a double X right here.
Speaker 3: True Latino shows up with gifts. That's right, Like, I'm not gonna We're not going to show up empty handed. I'll take that man, double X. I'm sure I'll grow into it.
Speaker 4: And my son designed. My son designed the artwork.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: For the God Blessed Shiganos.
Speaker 1: He actually has his own brand called Northern Northern Dot Limited, and he did the design for his company.
Speaker 4: And when I saw it, I'm like, let me borrow that like that.
Speaker 3: I like that family.
Speaker 1: See this one right here has called something about that pretty good?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I designed my palettes. I choose the shades, the match.
Speaker 3: So it's not just something that's something that mailed in with your name on it.
Speaker 4: Right now, you're this is your va you Jackie. And see what else I got it?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: Magic?
Speaker 3: I always considered that starting to cost medical line. I feel like there's so much money in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, yeah, I got the face for that too, But no, I'm just kidding, Jackie.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna let's just make up that time?
Speaker 1: And this and this is one of my favorites right here. It's the Diamond Tumblr. She she's she's prettier than pretty Magic.
Speaker 3: Let them know where they can get this right now.
Speaker 1: MC magic dot World www dot Magic Dog World.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, see it might be a little fancy, but you know the majority of my fans are girls, and that's why the design is so.
Speaker 3: You know, imagine funny you say that, right. I've been to many shows, bro, and of course the women are going crazy. The girls are going crazy, but then there's a section of dudes that are crying and singing every lyric as well. That's got to be great too, because both men and women are now joining your music.
Speaker 1: That's that's cool that you say that, because nowadays we're getting we're getting men who bring their two daughters to this show, or a mom and a dad who bring you know, their daughters and the mom's sister. It's a family affair, guys. It's a family affair.
Speaker 3: You hit it on the head. It's generational.
Speaker 4: Such a blessing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one thousand percent, because we like, I feel like my generation, like our parents, they listen to you, and then it just trickles on and keeps on going. And then I show my cousins and then it just keeps on going.
Speaker 1: Man, we get ten twelve year old fans at the show singing every word I was in. I was in Albuquerque over the over the weekend and one of the jocks at the station, a black guy named bug De, he said, Magic, my daughter loves your music. And I'm like, I'm used to Chicano's, you know, and like Buck is a cool dude. He's a comedian and on our on air jock, and he said, uh, he says yeah. He said, I'm gonna bring it to this show. I didn't know his daughter was like five years old.
Speaker 4: So she's on stage singing and is loud.
Speaker 1: But he said, he said, she watched you on TikTok all the time. What a powerful tool TikTok has been.
Speaker 3: TikTok. Yeah, TikTok has expanded your brand. Yes, sir, I see you going live on TikTok and all your talk calls.
Speaker 4: Taking your own show.
Speaker 1: It's my own radio show, the TikTok Magic Radio Show.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that. Has there been an athlete or celebrity that you were surprised when they came up to you and said, hey, I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't recall anyone. Uh maybe Jenny Rivetta. When I met Jenny Livetta, she goes, I know who you are, me whole. I was like, oh, that was for her to say that, you know. And then we recorded a song and a music video together, so not say rest in.
Speaker 3: Peace Jenny's Pie. You guys got the work. Yeah, there's something about when like lin I calls you me whole.
Speaker 4: It's just everything, it really is. And you know what.
Speaker 1: You know what was even crazier is that in the studio. I mean the song that we did together. I wrote it, and so she's in there singing it. She had a demo that we had for her. She's in the singing it and then she looks through the window. She goes me, Oh, tell me if I'm doing it right, this is your song. I'm gonna direct Jennyvedo, it was nervous. Usually like Jenny Rivera right, God bless right.
Speaker 3: She'd be like, Hey, if you're gonna talk ship, talk shit to my fucking face, yes, and all like that.
Speaker 1: But she definitely was that but a genuine person. Genuine person because the way she treated me and my homie Chino Brown.
Speaker 4: We recorded that record Brown, that's right.
Speaker 1: I love Chino man, he's a man. Shout out Chino, Breezy.
Speaker 3: Magic. Where's the best place, Like, where's the best place you've ever performed at? Where the crowdles on point, the venues on point, the sound, everything was just there, I like to say on stage because people ask me about locations, but everywhere.
Speaker 4: I go, my fans they have a similar look.
Speaker 1: You know, whether it's Chicano's in North Carolina and Tampa, Florida and East la or in San Jose or in Arizona at my hometown, the Chicanos, there's a certain thread that holds us all together. So there's no one city to me that's more special. Obviously, my hometown is always a homecoming for me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: When we do the show there, it's at the Cardinal Stadium, so it's a big deal. Yeah, it's a big deal for us, And but I think just in general on stage is the best place.
Speaker 3: And say that's the best You just feel it come alive.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it energizes my my mom my, mom my.
Speaker 3: Wife, she says, She says, to get yeah, she says, she says today.
Speaker 1: You know how when somebody's addicted to their mom, they call them Mandy Loon or meet thes right she and forever, She says to me, these well talk.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're talking about like nostalgia and passing things along to the younger generations, you know, and that happened to us too, right, moms cleaning on Sundays and all that great music they passed on to us. If you had to name three top oldies that you grew up listening to that shaped you as a person and as an artist, what are your top three oldiest artists and title?
Speaker 1: So start, let's start with the King Roger Troutman himself, Computer Love and more Bounce than It is going to take one and two called computer and then another one that I really like a lot, and it's not the original version, it's the one that GQ made was.
Speaker 4: I do love you, I love you, I love you soul right now Mama baby bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he go, that's right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Raheem killed that one. Yeah, man, yeah, I would have joined you right now.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to ruin the moment, so I didn't go for the high note.
Speaker 1: I'm like I would Yeah, absolutely, Raheem would have been like Magic that song of mine.
Speaker 3: Don't sing it? Stop stop singing it please. Yeah. I appreciate the love, though, is that hoodie? Is that a customer? Are you selling that? This is merch? That's right, this is merch.
Speaker 4: This is not a brand new one. I just pulled it off the hangar, But yeah, you can get him on the website MC magic dot world.
Speaker 3: Man. The the entrepreneurial spirit, right to own your own business. You push that on love your kids obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, my son's got his own brand, and my other son he's a singer as well. He's SCO's romanticos Antonio got the notas.
Speaker 4: He's everywhere guys download check him out. He's kind of.
Speaker 1: Influenced by Junior Rache and Ivan. That's kind of like the mix of his sound. Okay, does he come to you for advice or does he think?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: He thinks he knows everything.
Speaker 3: Didn't we all though, yet? You know?
Speaker 4: Except when he's having troubles with the software, He's like, Bobs, I can't get it.
Speaker 3: How do we do this?
Speaker 4: So yeah, go help you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I I'm blessed with wonderful kids, hard workers, very respectable.
Speaker 4: You know, they grew up in Catholic education, so you know they got they.
Speaker 3: And they grew up watching their parents work for everything.
Speaker 1: Hey man, well mommy did all the work. Come on, mommy did all the work. So I gave her all the credit. The reason my kids are good when.
Speaker 3: They're growing up and you're gone all weekend because you're performing, you're across the.
Speaker 4: Country, don't it wasn't tough.
Speaker 1: It was. It wasn't tough because we because listen, even if I work all weekend, I'm still home all week to take them to school, to pick them up, to eat bad before we go to school, to run laid or you know, one of our favorite things to do. Me and my wife love eating Benny Hannah. Right, So we would go take him out of school so we didn't have to come back early from Beni Hannah. And we just get him out like at noon or at one go to Beni Hanna. So these fools got used to go in Beniana, like you.
Speaker 3: Had their whole life. Yeah, to go to Benihannah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a good life. I don't think. I don't think it was tough for me at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe for my wife because because when I do travel, it was her that was taking care of the house, the kids and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: God bless Mikey Gita.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah. Did you ever did you ever have a regular job growing up?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I used to be a payroll accountant. Yeah, I worked for U Haul International. I was pushing numbers, balancing the check book. And then one of my homies came over Rest in Peace of Tim Reid and he told me. He's like, I was working on a beat on the on the sampling machine. He's like, did you make that? I go yeah, yeah. He goes, how long did it take you? It was about fifteen minutes. He goes, you know, if we go to the swap meet, everybody buy a beat from you, he says, because everybody want to be a rapper. And I was like, yeah you think so He's like, come on me, let's go. I'll pay for the booth.
Speaker 4: So we went to the swap meet and we didn't sell no beats. But one guy and.
Speaker 1: His girlfriend did step up and he's like, I'll take one from you, broh blah blah blah blah blah blah, and.
Speaker 3: Like, okay.
Speaker 1: So I was recording his beat to a cassette. I go, he goes, hold up, aren't you going to wrap on it?
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, I can. What do you want me to say on it? He said, wrap up bout my heina.
Speaker 1: So we we wrapped about Jessica and blah blah blah, and we When I started doing that, I got a crowd. Now everybody wanted a custom wrap by MC magic. I did that for over ten years at the swap Meet, and that funded my record company.
Speaker 3: Crazy, that's what That's when.
Speaker 4: I left my day job.
Speaker 3: That's it. That was it. Yeah, And at that time, we were trying to work your way in, like work your way up in the day job.
Speaker 1: Not really, I didn't like that job. Number Well, you know, creative people don't like to do paperwork.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, if you're creating, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to do paperwork.
Speaker 5: I could do paperwork, paper you get it, you get it.
Speaker 3: That was like the start of it all. Then the Swap Meet that was the birthplace.
Speaker 1: That was the funding because I already knew I wanted to write songs. I had already started on songs like lost in Love, so I was already trying to mess with it. But that gave me the funding to free up my week and really focus on getting a CD out, Okay, And that's when in nineteen ninety five, I finally got enough songs together to put an album.
Speaker 3: Wo wow, look at it now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoa what was that booth?
Speaker 3: Got? What was the proper jump?
Speaker 4: I think we probably paid.
Speaker 1: Like forty bucks for the booth. Damn, maybe twenty, I don't know it. It was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was way before inflation. Yeah yeah, man, but that swap meets where it sat, that's where.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where.
Speaker 1: And even to this day, I'll be in any state, any state, including.
Speaker 4: Hawaii, I'll be out there. Hey, you made a song for my uncle Joe rest in peace. I get that a lot.
Speaker 1: Or you made me a song when I was a little girl, when I was five, you made me a birthday song.
Speaker 4: And I was like, yeah, I made over one hundred thousand of those. Wow, one at a time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one out of a time. A bar at a time for real. What's the pre show like for you? MC magic.
Speaker 1: I like peace and quiet, getting my element, and I take a nap because you know, I yo, you know fifty seven there's no wag fifty seven fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Brother, you're lying to me. Yeah, you're lying. You're lying. There's no way. I don't believe you. I'm sorry. I love you, but I'm all love. We're gonna do that and your heato to her next year. So we need a nap, We need piece of pieace and quiet. Yeah, any vices, No, No, just maybe a drink or two.
Speaker 4: No, don't drink. Never never being hired drunk in my life.
Speaker 1: So I say that to kids because I think it's it's important to set a good example for kids. You know, when they invite me to go speak at little schools, career days and stuff, I say, make good decisions. You know, sometimes the one decision could cost you your whole career, your whole life, for ten years in jail, you know what I'm saying. And so that's one of the reasons I decided not to drink and not to smoke, was because I saw bad things coming from it.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid. In projects, I would see some bad things.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, ch that's that's right, that's right. And so then I just try to pass that on to my children as well, to be men of honor and have fun without being a throne.
Speaker 3: Are they paying attention or did you catch them? Have you caught them smoking or drinking?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: If they did it, would you be disappointed? I would be hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be hurt because they're old enough to make their own decisions, now, you know what I'm saying. And uh, you know, you got to let an adult be an adult.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. They're all old enough to make their decisions. But it would just it would be like ah, damn it.
Speaker 3: Would it would hurt?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah. As a father, yeah, I'm saying.
Speaker 3: This is why I look older than MC magic Life crew.
Speaker 1: Hey Cruse, congratulations to you tube because you've been you've been gang banging and radio for a long time.
Speaker 3: Long time, long time. You know, there was there there was once I was telling this MC magic off the airs one time where I'd gotten to a small radio station in Monterey Salinas and I was very uncomfortable. I was uncomfortable going there. Once I moved there, I was even more uncomfortable. And uh, I didn't have anybody. I was there by myself. And it's nine pm. The phone rings. It's MC Magic, Who's like, yo, Jay Crews. I'm like yeah, or J Noise J Noyle. He's like, yeah, I just want to congratulate you, man, and welcome you to that city. I'm not from there, but you know, and I'm sure you know as an artist, he's doing the smart thing, you know, but it he sounded and felt so familiar that it felt like I was talking to someone who I've known for a long time and was telling me that everything's going to be okay. Amen, my gosh, Amen, man, I appreciate that Magic.
Speaker 1: That's love, brother, that's love. Because I remember you were before that in Vegas. In Vegas, you were doing like the Latin Fuego Show and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I was producing that show with my guy Chop, you know Chopp in Vegas, right of course, So we did that, Yeah, the Street Fago show and that show I supported a lot of my muses one hundred percent. Nah, I mean you were you were the core artist for that show. You know what I'm saying. You and many others, yes, sir, but yeah, and then I was also doing every shift possible out that radio station, just getting a dog. You know, sometimes we gotta fake it till we make it, brother man, and we got to get to it, you know what I mean. But you know about that hard work, and it's great that you show your kids what hard work really is as well. We got to do that as.
Speaker 1: Parents, right, absolutely, absolutely, And I'm proud of my children because they you know, they've all gone out and created something amazing.
Speaker 3: Ye have their own lanes. You have your kid here now. Yep.
Speaker 1: My son Daniels right here like he like I said, he helped me create the album cover of God Blessed Chicanos When I told him it says God Blessed Northern because that's his brand, I said, I said, if it said God Blessed Chicanos, he said it felt. I felt something there, Pops. I did feel something and it is a's dope, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's Pops. You're like, yo, that's mine now.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, by the way, we're also going to drop the clothing line, the God Blessed Chic clothing line, and it's going to be our brand together.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. Congratulations, God, absolutely jack.
Speaker 6: How many proposals have you witnessed at your show?
Speaker 4: A lot, A lot, A lot. They said no question, No, they've never said no. Yeah, they always said they might change up nine later. But right, yeah, no, As far.
Speaker 6: As you know, you have one hundred percent success.
Speaker 4: Success rate with proposals.
Speaker 3: Can Jackie's man propose to her at your show on stage?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I don't think she wants that.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to l A, you got three choices, Okay, will be August twenty downtown. I'll be at a fool in Love concert at the Sofi Stadium and the Novo in in December.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna send them those dates he's got.
Speaker 4: Make sure he's got that ring ready. I know.
Speaker 5: I do want to say that the show that I went to a person Square first show and I was already bumping and grinder know what it is, I'll say, So go to MC magic.
Speaker 3: So you're gonta fit the Magic in the air. Yeah yeah, man, it's a good place to go, said Mingo.
Speaker 4: I got this one.
Speaker 1: I got this one little thing I say on stage before before I play Lost in Love. I said, yeah, I said, you know my fans. They always confess this and that to me. One fan told me, it's your fault, Magic, I have three kids.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hold up, I was at my fault.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, I'm not paying nobody.
Speaker 1: He said, well, every time I played that song she got pregnant and then.
Speaker 3: We dropped was.
Speaker 4: Lost in Love Love.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's classic. That's yes, that's a timeless song. It's legendary. Yes, that is that. I mean, I know you're proud of all your songs. Yes, is that one of them that you're most proud of? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I am because that that that little song has helped me, not only in situations where people heard it for the first time and they bought my album, but then other situations like we had just finished the Down for Yours Run and there was there was no more songs on that album that sounded had that love feeling, and so someone at radio says, you need more songs like this, and the program director in Phoenix, and I'm like, well, I got this old song on my on my on my first CD called Lost in Love. He goes, let me hear it. So when he when he when he heard He's like, oh, this is it? So he played it and that got assigned to another deal, and so Lost in Love has been a.
Speaker 4: Little the little engine that could.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, what a blessing. Right. Have you ever been heard on stage?
Speaker 1: Nah? I don't think so. I've fallen. I have fallen on stage, not off the stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not in front of the crowd on a wire. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of times that, you know, because I have an AC box right there to feed my equipment and sometimes they leave that a C box too too far out and I trip over it, or they when they don't tape it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I have followen a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Great man, what's the best gift you've ever received from a fan? The best gift of man? There's too many to mention, but right off the time, right, yeah. Art they drawings of me, paintings of me. I think the chocolate covered strawberries take the cake. Yeah, and then they put the little letters on their MC magic I love you. So it makes a lot. So And that was Becky G. Also not Becky G. Becky V. Yeah, so she she she knew that I like them so much the first time she brought that.
Speaker 4: Every time I'm in l A. She brings me chocolate cover.
Speaker 3: That's why is it so important for you to remember fans names and their cities and their stories and what they tell you that I do.
Speaker 1: I do, And the reason is because it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. And so when you show your fans that you actually do appreciate them, it goes a long way. It goes a long way, because I've been treated good by artists that I meet, and I've been treated bad. And so when the artist treats me bad for some reason, I don't want to be a fan no more. When their song comes on im like a skip that you know, this personal that it is, it becomes a personal memory, you know, not for sure?
Speaker 3: Is there anyone you would want to work with? Now? Who's doing music now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I got the two hottest uh latinos in rap on the on on that bounce, We got the Yodi's and that Mexican o T.
Speaker 4: But I am a fan of rowdy racks.
Speaker 1: I like his flow uh and also directs the joint he gets down really dope. I like them shout out to sell one fo o se and but my ultimate collaboration uh, I've said this many times would be shadd Yeah, I love Shad, y'all, I love shod.
Speaker 3: You know man, y'all would control the population, you know ho many children being born?
Speaker 4: Not really respond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, support for yeah Yo. God bless Chicanos man, MC magic our guy, You're welcome here anytime I said thanks.
Speaker 1: For putting it together. Such a pleasure meeting you, Jeff Garcia. I appreciate that DJ mix DJ Fuse Fuse.
Speaker 3: You killed it for his brother and Cruise love Brother. It's love, EMC Magic Cruise Show. God bless you, e'conalds on all streaming platforms. It's Cruise Show Real ninety two to three MC match Amen.
Speaker 6: Hey checking Rich from the Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast. To make sure to subscribe and here auto download so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 3: So so so