Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Can find us a lot of spots Instagram at JB Sandy ATX.
Speaker 3: Same thing on TikTok. Oh. You always check and see if we got any new followers on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, week number.
Speaker 3: By the way, JB's here, Tricia is here too.
Speaker 4: Hello, moving up on moving up on TikTok.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: I mean we're brand in our defense. Uh whoa big jump for us in TikTok. We're almost halfway to the magic number of fifty twenty four followers now twenty four.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're brand new here.
Speaker 5: Uh, slow this trained down.
Speaker 2: I know it's getting out of control. We're getting free stuff in the mail before you know it. Follow us there at JB Sandy at X and on Facebook the JB and Sandy Morning Show again.
Speaker 3: By the way, my name is Sandy and this is JB. Yay. How's it going? Tricia here too?
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody.
Speaker 2: I thought i'd share some text messages that we've received. You can text us anytime at seven three, seven threes or a one ninety six hundred. Yes, all the five one two numbers were gone, and I got that text number, which totally sucks to have a seven three seven area code, but.
Speaker 5: Our daughter has a seven three seven area code. I hate it. I hate it. I know, I know.
Speaker 2: And she was born here. It's like, if you're born here, you should get a five to one.
Speaker 3: Two right to be reserved. Right. Here's what it was.
Speaker 2: I'll just read it says, yes, yes, yes, I agree with you about a person that carries a dog in a purse. That was when we were doing That's all I need to know about you. And you can see one thing about a person, and that's all you need to know about And here it is from last week.
Speaker 3: You carry a dog in a purse.
Speaker 2: That's all I I know everything I need to know about you when I see that.
Speaker 6: But it depends on how cute that dog is, because if that's a super cute dog, it's.
Speaker 3: Going to purse.
Speaker 2: The text message continued. It said, any chance you guys can boost the signal so I don't lose you as I come down the hill on twenty two twenty two, No, I guess you can switch over to the app.
Speaker 3: It would be were stay on top of the hill. Yeah, just stop.
Speaker 2: I know exactly where this person's talking about. When the signal fades out coming down twenty to twenty two, use the app because I don't think there's any chance of the signal getting upgraded. If you don't know how to bluetooth your phone to your car, ask a kid.
Speaker 3: They'll get it done for you. JAB.
Speaker 2: Here's someone that commented on something that you said recently. It said, Hey, I am a vegetarian, and I one hundred percent agree with JB when it comes to fake meat.
Speaker 3: This was last week.
Speaker 4: You don't need to make meat substitutes. Just don't eat me step plant, eat your yeah, eat your other stuff, eat your veggies and play and whatever you want. But you know, you don't need to make a fake meat if you're not immen.
Speaker 2: By the way, don't call it a hot dog. Are we discovered I think we kind of talked about it last week. We're kind of discovering that this fake meat is just garbage, right.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of it, man. We just it's just throughout our lives. It's like we're especially lately with social media and everyone's an expert. It's like everything keeps flip flopping on what's healthy and what's not. Yeah, it's like there's a new trend and all of a sudden, it's like, oh boy, you know now it's like like what is it now?
Speaker 2: Food guys and beef tallow and seed oils and all that is the thing. Get away from it, boy, Tricia, She's gonna put me in my spot. I was kind of excited that a lot of the big food companies now are voluntarily getting rid of a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 3: And I said, isn't there.
Speaker 4: They're getting called out right, and then social mediatrist to tell everyone what you said after I said, I.
Speaker 6: Don't remember when we said, were like, yeah, they soaked us for all we could.
Speaker 2: They got away with it for as long as they could. They did it, and they got it as cheap as they could. It made as much money. And now they got caught. Now they're being called out.
Speaker 3: The dig is up.
Speaker 5: They're like, yeah, I get to do it healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is that why they were using seed oils as cheaper?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely?
Speaker 4: Okay, because like Chipotle was one of them, they got called out publicly, right if they changed.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Chipotle is I'm thinking like the big like Conagros, the Kannagrosso makers, Nestle, uh, those types of people.
Speaker 4: Right, they've gotten away with a lot for a long time. That's a good point. It's a great and they kept doing it if they didn't get called out exactly right.
Speaker 6: Right if the if the Europeans are the ones who got all up in arms about it, and you know, kind of brought it to the headlines. And because they're shipping the same item to them, a more healthy version than they're selling to us, and they're like, ah, you guys, keep them.
Speaker 3: I was talking to a woman.
Speaker 4: It was one of my daughter's clients, doing a wake surf lesson. And here she is on such a strict diet. You know, she has to be so careful about what she eats. She has all these kind of food issues. She said, I was in France last month. I could eat everything. Yeah, bread Like she said, I eat bread, any kind of bread here. I just blow up and she goes there, I could eat everything, yeah.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: And there was a there was a book that a buddy mine told me about it. I've never read it. It was something to the effect of like seventy million frenchmen can't be wrong. And it talks about how they eat cheese, they smoke, they drink wine all day long, and they live to be in their nineties.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. It's it's just different foods, wines, breads.
Speaker 4: One of the trends, yeah, one of the trends now is organic wines. You've probably noticed a section in your grocery store.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and the guy who's in the wine business, he told me, he goes, just drink, just have French wine.
Speaker 3: It's all organic. They don't put.
Speaker 4: Garbage, steer towards French and Spanish wise, and you're fine. He goes, they're just up charging you to label it as organic. Yeah, right, I've heard that.
Speaker 2: Another text messaging in Texas anytimes seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred trisca. This is from something you said. I said, Tricia, one hundred percent, one hundred percent. You can always tell when a dog has been doodled. This is when you.
Speaker 6: Said, yeah, you look at something and not know what it is, but know that it's been doodled because it is.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a dead giveaway.
Speaker 2: We were wondering if every dog breed has been doodled up or not, but you can tell it when it happens, right. The lab was the labradoodle, the first one and the most popular one probably.
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because before we got our dog Shiny, I looked into getting a labradoodle.
Speaker 5: They're incredibly expensive. Yeah, and my bet was like, girledeh.
Speaker 2: We're the people that don't adopt read buy, were.
Speaker 3: Carried up.
Speaker 6: We wanted to adopt, but the dog was for our daughter when she was small, and I was like, I just can't take the chance of you know, I don't know, well, I think for sure our next dog we get will definitely adopt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're going to hear it from the people today trash things.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm you know what, I think that the vibe on that in Austin has shifted. That has been one thing and one of many that has changed for the longest time. Like you adopt a dog in Austin, that's how everyone rolled here. Now this has become kind of a foo foo town and people are getting these specifically bred yah things that are toy breeds or doodled. Yeah, but I think that the climate on that has changed, which kind of bums me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's plenty of dogs that need homes, and that normally rescue dogs make really good dogs because I think they know that you rescued them.
Speaker 3: Right, your dog.
Speaker 4: I have two of the ugliest rescue terriers. And it happened again yesterday. Someone asked, go, oh, what what breed is that? I go, really, it's just no idea chump dog. I don't know chump. Oh have you done? Have you done like a DNA? No, I don't care. Here's just my ugly dog.
Speaker 2: Right, he's my friend. I wouldn't ask my friend for a DNA, you know. Finally, another text that we received it said, you guys are killing me with the food truck names, and I'm so glad I found you guys. Ps I am a poono. I'll tell you what a pooo is in just a second. This is the short conversation we had about food truck names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't you love the clever names of food trailers?
Speaker 2: I respect that. Yeah, I mean one of my favorites. I saw it I was out of town. What was the biscuit bandit?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: One one of my all time favorite pies and dice pies and oh my.
Speaker 3: God, love it again.
Speaker 2: Texas anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred, She says she was a pooo. This was many, many years ago when we started calling people that listened to the show an industry term, which is called a P one preference one, like we're your first preference show. And then we got called out by a big company for using that term, so we had to stop using that term, and we were just wise asses, and it came P one, punohno and p.
Speaker 3: And it kind of stuck for a while.
Speaker 2: So you're listening to the JB and Sandy Show Austin's eighty station, what oh three point one danger in downtown Austin. You're about to be warned about something you need to pay attention to. All right, that's coming up in just a second. But before we do that, can I can I share with you guys something like I like to celebrate the little little joys in life that you have. And I've got one that's gonna happened probably in the next couple of days, and I call it new notebook Day.
Speaker 3: That's when. So I have a I'm super cheap on these.
Speaker 2: I used to get the moleskins, but now I'm really happy with the one dollar HB composition book.
Speaker 3: It's a dollar.
Speaker 4: It's a dollar because the muleskins are really expensive.
Speaker 2: And you can write in the one dollar CHIB composition book for a lot less one dollars. Yeah, and I've got about four pages left this way. I write down all show notes and just junk, you know, just stuff. And I get very excited when it's new notebook day because I will then take this notebook. I will throw it away and open up a brand new, fresh, one dollar HIV composition book. It's the little things in life, friends.
Speaker 6: And then when you start a new notebook, do you try and write really really nice, like really good handwriting for a while to keep it all nice and neat and clean?
Speaker 4: No Ah, has your handwriting gotten so bad with age that you can't even decipher it?
Speaker 3: Sometimes Trisa's is horrible.
Speaker 4: I'll write something and five minutes later I go, what did I die?
Speaker 3: Now? It's so bad?
Speaker 6: Can I just tell you all a story about getting older in handwriting. Our daughter's birthday was in May, and I ordered her a piece of a charm from James Avery. James Avery's in Kerville, and I've heard that James Avery employees older retired people for their to get out their orders and stuff. So when her charm arrived, I opened it up and on the little invoice, there is no way that this little peapon named John was not one hundred years old, solely based on his writing. He went around and he did all the little checks on the invoice and then he said, he wrote, inspected by John. And I'm telling you it was my grandfather's handwriting, like it was a little people handwriting.
Speaker 3: They sent you a handwritten invoice.
Speaker 6: No, it was a printed out invoice, but they have things that they check.
Speaker 5: John had to check to make sure my order was right.
Speaker 6: And then John signed that he inspected it, and it's what every greeting card you've ever gotten from your grandfather looks like.
Speaker 5: That's what his handwriting was. And I loved it. I almost kept it.
Speaker 4: That's hemmanship was a big deal a couple of generations ago. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's coming back around. She's asked for like three things from them in the last I.
Speaker 2: Think AI is going to make it come back around because a lot of schools are going to be people are going to be taking tests with the old school blank blue book.
Speaker 3: Where you have to actually write it down.
Speaker 2: And also the same thing with like essay form exams instead of AI turning in turn papers and stuff like that. I think it's going to make penmanship a bigger deal. I just thought of that two seconds ago. So don't ask me, don't ask you too many questions.
Speaker 4: Stories we love fly from the Lesterhold Studio.
Speaker 3: Here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 5: All right, y'all.
Speaker 6: Dangerous things happened in downtown often kind of on the right, but now downtown often, I thought, I said, Austin, Okay, I was just confused. Crabb downtown Austin often. Maybe I put them both together. But now you need to be walking around, excuse me looking up. Another glass panel came loose from the window of the ATX Tower building that's the one that's located at West sixth and Guadalupe Street and shattered on the road a few days ago. Cars two cars messed up. Nobody was injured. But what's scary is that this is not the first time that a glass panel has fallen at this particular location. Also, two more glass panels fell from the Bostonian back in twenty eleven, and two more glass panels fell from other buildings back in March of this year, also, the w Hotels had it happen. I feel like this is all of a sudden, a new thing, because I don't recall hearing about this as often as we're hearing about it now.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you know the answer to this, Tricia. But is this like a person working and it's like oops, I dropped it?
Speaker 3: Or is it it's it's installed and it comes.
Speaker 6: Out it's installed windows that are randomly falling. Yeah, dang, I know. I mean that's terrifying. What are those things?
Speaker 5: Hit you? I think it's done. I think you're out.
Speaker 3: How does the windows today? It goes into a groove right in the window? Is that right? How you put it in?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, you know what.
Speaker 6: We had to call one of my uncles because they did that as part of their jobs.
Speaker 5: Windows too, They hung windows too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I bet my cousin Todd could tell you exactly how it's said. He'd probably sneer and turn his nose up at whoever installed.
Speaker 7: I bet he's saying none of his windows ever. I mean, they maybe tightener down just a little bit more.
Speaker 5: Next or super glue.
Speaker 4: Maybe you think about all the engineering that goes into a building, right, you know, how is this even possible? Right now?
Speaker 5: And then it's just so many of them, someone's going to get killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe because of the extreme heat tested for this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's that whole I mean, it contracts. And the only reason I know this is because I poured concrete, is that it expands and contracts with the heat, right, Like I know concrete does.
Speaker 3: I'm sure glass does too.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just I don't know, but you gotta be careful to get yourself a hard hat and walk around downtown.
Speaker 6: Right, walk around downtown or only walk underneath those shelters that they put up around construction sites. One of the times that a glass panel fell was from one of the exterior hotel balcony panels at the W Hotel. Those are incredibly thick, heavy pieces of glass.
Speaker 3: Now you've got a friend that has a place there, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they sold it. I had a client that they had a condo in the W. That place is nice.
Speaker 2: This just to end it sounds such a hooker when you say you've got a client at the W.
Speaker 5: I know, like I've done a little on the side.
Speaker 4: Well, if we could get paid in radio because.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have to clients on the side escort with your client at the Double View Hotel.
Speaker 5: You're right, it's worse because it was the hotel.
Speaker 3: Right. It's actually she was doing some interiered.
Speaker 5: Tior design work, right, interior design.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: That's what it says on the credit card, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That is the story. We love. Hey, thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 2: Make sure you listen to the radio every morning to six until ten on Austin's eighty station on OH three point one.