Speaker 1: What come on now, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 2: Ride right, Oh yes, sir, come on now, wakey, wakey, Hands off snaky gold out there.
Speaker 1: It's getting colder too. Welcome aboard off this tat Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We're here to make sure that you have a great start to your day today. That's what we're gonna try to do. In the next four hours. We're gonna bring Matthew back on. Apparently he's got his act together. I don't know why he missed yesterday. It's okay, Matthew still going for win number two. Double O seven was on with us yesterday going for win number two.
Speaker 1: These guys were.
Speaker 2: Gonna play yesterday anyway. There will not be a one pump chump after today. Gary Clark Junior tickets on the chopping block for fresh out of bed Heads to your head. So sorry, we're not gonna be taking calls to play Ghosts coming to town August sixteenth. I got tickets for you in home room. Fun fact flashback Poppa Roach Rise against tickets at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: I asked yesterday when we left, what game would you like to play?
Speaker 2: Several of you said the five game, the five we'll play that after eight o'clock closer to eight twenty to win your bus best tickets. We got alternative income. That's back chances to win one thousand dollars. Starts at nine ten. It will go through five ten on the tens nine to five today Coheaton Cambria tickets taking back Sunday on that bill.
Speaker 1: We'll have those for you on Know the Show.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance rain cloudy Skies pies them around fifty seven.
Speaker 1: There's my man, Alex. Good morning, Good morning Rod on my home room. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Well, firefighters are facing challenging conditions in their battle against the Los Angeles wildfires, with powerful wins forecasts for the next twenty four hours that could make the wildfires harder to put out. The Eaton and Palisades fires will likely be the second and fourth most dist ductive fires in California's history. Some more celebrities are donating to fire relief in the wake of all of this that's happening Houston Zone. Beyonce is donating two point five million dollars to the LA Relief Fund, and Metallic is all within my hands. Foundation is donating five hundred thousand dollars to fund as well.
Speaker 2: There's an infestation of drug addicted rats and evidence rooms that has prompted the Houston Police Department to begin destroying hundreds of thousands of pounds of narcotics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's drug addicted rats. Around four hundred thousand pounds in marijuana sit in the department property room, and according to Mayor John Whitmyer, only the rats are enjoying it. HPD was not supposed to destroy narcotics evidence if it hadn't been in the department's possession since two thousand and five, regardless of whether or not the case had already been dismissed. But a new policy from the District Attorney's office is going to allow items older than twenty fifteen or that have been there longer than twenty fifteen to be destroyed. The DA's office is going to utilize its own funds to help HPD with the car the process of destroying evidence.
Speaker 2: They're destroying evidence, but then you've got to get rid of the rats. But the rats are all strung out on drugs now, they're drug addictive. So you guys seem to rehab first.
Speaker 1: This is going to be and I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think Kimmel's the only late show host that's back, But this is everybody that it's a national story that's going to be like a punchline that John Oliver shows on now will probably still be on hell yea one of those.
Speaker 3: A third of Americans say that their partner acts like a baby when they're sick. According to a poll two thousand of two thousand adults, twenty five percent say that their partner is stubborn when sick, while twenty three percent say that they act dramatic, and another twenty two percent say that their partner refuses to even admit that they are sick. I know that's a thing online. It's always like nobody understands what it's like until.
Speaker 1: A man has a cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dudes do get a bad rap when they're sick. They're supposedly just very weak.
Speaker 3: And uh, I am the guy that kind of refuses to admit that, like I'm not that, I'm not that said, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I just got to stuff, you know.
Speaker 4: Zi.
Speaker 2: This goes back to women having a higher pain tolerance and having babies, and it goes back to that that they handle that stuff better than we do. I don't know if it's true, but I do know that some dudes really.
Speaker 1: Do act up. Yeah, absolutely, like it's the end of the world when they're shut.
Speaker 3: The average sick person mentions that they are sick at least two times a day until they feel better.
Speaker 1: So if if you're sick out there, I hope you feel better. We're all opposite on the show. Everybody hides it. Everyone. Yeah, we got to show up every day, so then you're just like, I don't want anybody else to think I'm sick.
Speaker 3: Carrie Underwood is going to perform at President elect Donald Trump's inauguration at the US Capitol on Monday. She'll sing America the Beautiful with the Armed Forces Chorus and the United States Naval Academy Glee Club. Underwood said, I love our country and I'm honored to have been asked to sing at the inauguration and be a small part of this historic event. In music News, nine and Is Nails are planning a world tour, but they're waiting to announce the details because of the California wildfires and an Instagram post. Trent Reznor said that since some dates and information about our world tour have been lead. We are confirming that we are touring and will be providing more details soon. We're watching the devastation that's unfolding in California and have paused our announcement while people try to deal with all that is happening. So nine Inch Nails they're gonna be touring pretty soon. If you're you're.
Speaker 1: A nine inch nail fan, I am, I know you got to be stoked for that. Oh my god, that's such great news. Okay, So there was a big football game on last year.
Speaker 3: Football game Super wild Card Round ended the Rams let the Viks twenty seven to nine in the final Wildcard Round game.
Speaker 1: So the divisional round is all set now.
Speaker 3: On Saturday, we got Texans at Chiefs and Lions against the Commanders, and Sundays it's Rams at Eagles and Bills Ravens. Hell of a weekend in front of us. I know it's only Tuesday, but the division round is going to be awesome. And basketball Rockets got another win last night.
Speaker 2: They got by the Grizzlies one twenty to one to eighteen, and the Rockets trailed by double digits multiple times in the game.
Speaker 1: But we're able to battle back. You've timed.
Speaker 3: Jalen Green tied a career high with forty two points to lead all players and scoring on the night.
Speaker 2: Rockets are now won four straight. They're gonna pay the Nuggets on the road tomorrow night. That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Let's go, guys, let's do this. Four Hours of Pain starts right now.
Speaker 2: If you want the first phone call, come get it seven one three two one two five nine four five Again, first phone call you want it, have at it. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show.
Speaker 2: On the radio ninety four five the Bus, Good morning Rot Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on Incubis getting us started.
Speaker 1: And we are often running four hours of Pain. Uh six oh eight Tattuesday? Right is it Tatuesday? Second day to week? Yeah, okay, yeah, we were only we only did one day yesterday.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, high of fifty seven.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get cold, yes, it's gonna get cold.
Speaker 2: That this Siberian Canadian Arctic blast coming through.
Speaker 1: Just keep blast.
Speaker 2: Keep everything wrapped, whatever whatever you already wrapped, just keep everything wrapped.
Speaker 1: Yes, the pets and all of that stuff, I mean, it's not bad out there now.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's going as we get moving into the weekend, and there could be like a wintry mix.
Speaker 1: There could be some rain mixed into some of that stuff. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's people that know what they're talking about and then there's us. But we're just telling you that. We tell you what the people that they're exactly all right. So I kind of already ran through what it is that we're going to be doing today on the show.
Speaker 1: We should be very, very busy.
Speaker 2: I was surprised how many people suggested that we play the five Game. I really like that game too. That's one game that I'll go back and listen to and I think it sounds cool on the air, Like I think it sounds cool.
Speaker 1: I remember when we came up with the game years ago.
Speaker 2: We're thinking about, you know, we're just asking people to pick a line and they don't know where they are and who they're releasing. What if they what if they pull the line? What if they say release the line that they're on. I'm like, yeah, then you're gone. Yeah, this five Game, I think it's pretty entertaining to listen to it is good. We're gonna do that at eight twenty today. It's how you're gonna win your busfest tickets. Five of you will compete. You'll cannibalize one another and uh, last person standing that doesn't get we don't pull the lever.
Speaker 1: On and it goes into the moat with the snapping gaiters and stuff.
Speaker 2: One person wins the tickets at eight twenty today, Papa roach tickets at seven twenty ghost tickets coming your way in home room. And then we got to clear up all this nonsense with a fresh out of bed head tohead Matthew. We couldn't get ahold of him yesterday. Apparently he reached out. I don't even ask for excuses. If you needed you needed something and you couldn't make it in no harm, no fault. Matthew goes for win number two. Double seven goes for win number two.
Speaker 5: All right, it's nap time for the first phone call.
Speaker 1: Of the day, Andrey uh andre on good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey we good morning, thanks for getting us started today, Thanks for being up so early with us.
Speaker 1: What do you got for the first phone call?
Speaker 4: I just would like to remind people to look at their spending because I have a big purchase that I need to make. So I went looking at the last three statements for me and my husband. Yeah, and found out that I've been saying for Adobe for since May of twenty twenty four. I don't use Adobe. That's thirty four dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you're doing. Like there's just reoccurring payments that you have, okay.
Speaker 4: And for a second Prime account that we never had, for an email that I haven't used in like five years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you just couldn't get in one day and you're like, oh, I'll just recreate a new one, and then just forgot to cancel that. So Amazon Prime has been dinging you on a second account.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I you know what's popular now?
Speaker 2: These commercials diffreads, So don't say the name, okay, But I'm asking, is there anyone out there that uses one of these things that advertises I see it on TV. Sorry, I don't see advertising on radio, but it says, hey, we will take a look at everything that you're subscribing to and it'll be in one place and you can kind of look at it. Do you have do they know? How did they get that information? Can you get that information for free? I guess you can look at your bank you can look at your bank statements. But how many apps are you paying for alex on your phone that you just you know, oh this little editor?
Speaker 1: Too many? Yeah, probably a lot. So did you were you able to cancel the prime membership? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were able to get crime at least three months of refunds.
Speaker 1: So that was like sixty yards okay, But for.
Speaker 4: Adobe, they wouldn't give me a refund anything at all. They just gave me two months for freedom, Like, thank you, but I don't use Adobe.
Speaker 2: Now you can, yeah, now you can go do some photoshop. You can photoshop Chili's head on some other funny bodies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want you to do that. At least you got it for free. This is a great reminder, Andrea.
Speaker 2: It's another one of those things that maybe if you were a looking for something to do in the new year, like hey, I want to clean something up. I want to you know, it's it's like housekeeping, but it's financial too, to clean up some of those things that you're not using any more, streaming services that you don't use or need, and telling you I think there's a lot of people that sign up for these things on their phone and you don't think about it, and it's like, oh, it's just a dollar a month or two dollars a month.
Speaker 1: How many of those are you?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 1: You got acting for t pain app that would let me auto tune my voice? Yep.
Speaker 2: And I paid probably like three ninety nine a month for that for like five years until I realized I should just cancel this.
Speaker 1: I used it one time. I'm surprised you admitted that online? Oh or on air? A reminder, Yeah, you're off lawed.
Speaker 4: When you sign up on your phone through like uh Apple, do.
Speaker 1: Check those Apple.
Speaker 3: You can go and see what your subscriptions are on Apple and then just be like, I don't want to continue this.
Speaker 1: I don't want to continue this. I don't want to continue Oh good stuff. Okay, all right, well Andrea, and thank you. I think that's a good reminder. I think you helped out a lot of people today. Thank you, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Have a great day on the flip gonna rec check for you. We'll find out what's trade and then will get up for the Fresh out of bed Heads to head channing us Rock and soon The Ryan Morning Show I'm six to ten am. All right, here we are, Good morning, rod Ryan's show rocket Money. Two people said that they use rocket Money. That's the one that keeps track of all the things that you pay for.
Speaker 1: I know, I'll pay for the ads, so what we get? I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: But they should advertise on this show because we have some listeners that use it. Lacey says she uses it. She's like, man, this thing's found a lot of things. And then who else? Eric also uses rocket Money. It sends me monthly subscription reminders. Iraq oh Iraq, a male nurse. Yeah, I haven't heard from him in a while. Ten percent chance of ring partly cloudy pies up around fifty seven.
Speaker 1: What's trending? The Dallas Cowboys are trending.
Speaker 3: They and coach Mike McCarthy agreed to mutually part ways, which is just a nice way of saying we were gonna fire him, but we're gonna let them say that we agreed to part ways.
Speaker 1: So that he says nice things about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones then reportedly called Dion Sanders's Dean Sanders posted something saying he just got off the phone with Jerry Jones. He didn't say no about the Cowboys job, but he was like, I really, I really enjoy my time in Boulder, and I like what's happening in Boulder where he's coaching at the University of Colorado.
Speaker 1: He would turn down the Cowboys job.
Speaker 3: You got a deal with Jerry Jones, Like, it's not just you're not just coaching adult him. You're dealing with like a cenile old man trying to micromanage you over.
Speaker 1: Who will not give up control of them. He will not get a gentleman.
Speaker 3: It's just like him. It would be the same thing after that. What else Jessica Simpson is trending. She is getting divorced from her husband, Eric Johnson, who she's been married to for ten years.
Speaker 2: Yep, there's been a lot of speculation for a while, and man, god damn, she looks better than ever.
Speaker 3: Maybe Nick was saying her, could we kindle small No?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 1: Nick's Nick set with his chick just just brawn.
Speaker 3: Ideas out there TikTok band people are freaking out. I I've just seen lots of content creators like guys, go follow me on this app, Go follow me on this app. They're downloading other Chinese apps, but the US is set to ban it on Friday.
Speaker 1: It's not going away in the nineteenth.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but TikTok is also trending, and that's what's trending the night Befrid the buzz.
Speaker 2: I also don't think it just shuts off. It just stops updating, so you may not get like new content on it.
Speaker 1: Well, it stops updating. But yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I don't think it's going away though. So do we have this guy?
Speaker 2: Is he ready to play today? Before I plays victory speech? Hey, Chili, are we squared away with Matthew?
Speaker 1: I'm about to play his old speech?
Speaker 6: Yes we are.
Speaker 1: He's our hole. Okay, that's great news.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, this is Matthew's going to make him break the cycle of the warm pump jump.
Speaker 6: I beat Lou, he put off Alex, Putof's coins on him.
Speaker 4: But I'm here to break the cycle.
Speaker 2: Join me.
Speaker 1: On Tuesday, they take another wing along with the Texans.
Speaker 7: Make it win number two, caitches.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you can barely hear that. I edited that. I had no idea that that was m.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody, Double O seven Sean Connery is tat the three time Hall of Famer is now you're fresh.
Speaker 1: Out of bed head to Head one day Champion.
Speaker 2: Hey, Matthew, were are you join me on Tuesday when I make matt a one pump chump and make it win number two bitch is okay? Here's where I normally give out the phone number, but we've got a matchup already, Matthew double o seven.
Speaker 1: Next The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz Offspring.
Speaker 2: Pretty fly for a white dude. Happy tat Tuesday, Everybody Trady wary fourteen six twenty seven, ten percent chance of rain nothing over that, Well, Dan, that's not true.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance.
Speaker 2: Tonight Claude's guys hies up around fifty seven.
Speaker 1: I didn't even look. Oh yeah, we got both guys ready to go. And now it's tom I'm for the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Bueller, Bueller, bueller, Matthew, are you in attendance?
Speaker 1: I am here, all right, I'm not even gonna give you a hard time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're okay, Matthew, you're still going for win number two. I like you because you kind of predicted that Texans win on your victory speech House Friday, So I thought that was a bold move.
Speaker 1: So welcome back, Matthew. Hope you're good. All right there, I'm good.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: Double O seven was gonna play you yesterday. He came in and he won. Hey, double O seven, how are you? Three time Hall of Famer? Got knocked out early, got knocked out early in that tournament last year.
Speaker 7: Kayler Cody Cody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Killer Cody. Yeah. But he was a one pump trump earlier. Last week he was a mun punch jump.
Speaker 2: All right, both of these guys playing for win number two. I have tickets to go see Gary Clark Junior March first. I believe it's a seven one to three music hall. All right, James Bond, you good with all this? Right? Answer?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Good luck?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: All Right, here we go. I got questions for you. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 2: Question number one, how many continents are there in the world, John Matthew.
Speaker 1: Seven.
Speaker 2: It's like a real game show question, like a real question. Kind of impressed with the speed and knowledge of Matthew. I don't know if I would have got that. Uh he smoked you on that double oh seven, Yeah he smoked. Oh you heard you could actually hear somebody saying their name before you doya never heard that before. Been playing this game twenty one years. Next question, Matthew and Sean. What animal is known as the king of the jungle?
Speaker 1: Sean? You a lion? Lion's correct. I was gonna try to do the we I didn't think I could do it. But I can not. Badoo all right, I can't. I should stop you.
Speaker 2: I should have stopped right there. We got a game, guys. That was the wheel wheels from the Lion Sleeps Tonight that I was attempting to do.
Speaker 1: Sorry, so help me God. If I hear from that check that gongs me every time I sing, don't do it. Don't I'm never singing again for the win.
Speaker 2: What a day is said to keep the doctor away? John Honey, double o seven.
Speaker 7: An apple? A day keeps about for.
Speaker 1: Way to hang in there?
Speaker 2: Good game, your game up the way to hang in there. After getting absolutely pounded on that first question, dude seven with the square, okay, Matthew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm it was a good gay good good drop done. Thanks Matthew, have an awesome day.
Speaker 2: Get there than you A Hi bro double oh seven Sean Connery, three time Hall of Famer breaks for the first time in twenty twenty five the one pump Chump.
Speaker 1: He's he's our first two two day champion of the year. Hey you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bro, nice game The Rod Ryan Show. Feel like that Good morning rod Ryan's shows me in a good moment.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it puts me in a really good move man. I really like that sound in the morning.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, cloudy skies fifty seven uh A unified champion, a fresh out.
Speaker 1: Of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Three time Hall of Damer Double O seven Sean Connor.
Speaker 1: I told you I was gonna.
Speaker 8: Break that one pump chump cycle.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 4: I am here first fresh out.
Speaker 8: Of bed head to head two day champion, the twenty twenty five Join me on wild card Wednesday when I make it win number three, which is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only one champion right now? Okay, got some tickets to go see the metal band Ghost. I guess it's metal. I don't know when you.
Speaker 2: Listen to it, it doesn't It sounds like the old hair metal band Rat some of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it. I got ghost tickets coming up for you. But first, it's the fuck back to the Day. Yep, we make you look smart, funny, everybody to the day.
Speaker 2: I think Greenland was trending last week, Alex, What Greenland? There's been a lot of talk about Greenland. There's hell, Hey, hell, hey, what about Greenland.
Speaker 1: I think they have a runway. I think you can there's a runway there.
Speaker 6: You probably land a plan on it.
Speaker 3: Greenland is covered in ice, Iceland is covered in green. The Mighty Ducks the Second Money Ducks taught me that.
Speaker 2: Wow, you guys are very smart. It could be challenging. It could be a challenging place to live. If we do take it over. And you're thinking about, hey, if it's part of you know, the US, maybe I'll move there. It's gonna f with your internal clock. In Greenland, the sun does not set for two months from the end of May until the end of July, and in the winter, the sun sets in October doesn't rise again until February.
Speaker 1: Could not do that the only natural light. Think how much flashlight tag.
Speaker 2: But the only light you get is natural light coming from the moon and the Aurora borealis. So October till February it's.
Speaker 1: Dark like the borealis. Though you're not you're not thinking it makes it worth it. Yeah, I know, but it's green lands, not for me. Mick Jagger. Wrap your head around this for a second.
Speaker 2: Mick Jagger has a sun who is younger than his great grandchild by two years.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 2: Whoa his kid's kid has a kid, and that kid is older than Mick Jagger's son, his last son, his newest son.
Speaker 1: He's spreading it out over generations. It's awesome, ball bag.
Speaker 2: Just like there are earthquakes here on Earth, there are moonquakes on the Moon, there are sun quakes on this son, and Mars quakes on Mars.
Speaker 1: That's neat, guys. I don't think it's gonna get any better than this. It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, it's the fuck that's to the day. I know how it's gonna go to work and tell his friends and his body's at work. He's gonna look so smart. I'm just gonna call him quakes though I mean quakes. They all don't get special names. There's a hall quake when he walks in in the morning. Sometimes sometimes there's literal, a literal hell quake when he walks in. He's so fired up some mornings. Get your fun. Okay, I wrote down ask this one on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: This color is based on the word turkish seven one three two one two five nine four five So easy.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. There he is hell quake.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How you doing on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 8: Mixdown Wall Street. The Dow is up three hundred and fifty eight points. Kickoff this morning at forty two thousand, two ninety seven. NASTAC down seventy three to nineteen thousand and eighty eight. Benchmark ten year Treasury trading at a four point seventy nine percent. Oil stands at seventy eight dollars sixty cents a barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs United Health, Caterpillar, and Amgen. The big dues Navidia, Walmart, and IBM. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Producer Price Index for December. Right now, futures are on the upside. Hang on to this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it I met here.
Speaker 8: This is Hallan Manage, a director with Raymond James's porter for the Ride Round show from Raymon James on Sam Fleet, Ben Augustin.
Speaker 1: Don't forget toys, rock out.
Speaker 6: We just stock out.
Speaker 9: Beaman's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates in come ever, nat AS, IBC, Iron Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mentioned.
Speaker 5: We'll continue.
Speaker 9: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAN.
Speaker 5: This program is an educational and inter based on movement as reported.
Speaker 2: By Young ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back Rob Ryan shows your.
Speaker 1: Fun, Good morning, good morning, Hello, who's this? This is lazy?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 5: How are you awesome?
Speaker 2: Thank you for asking. Welcome to the show and I appreciate you being a part of homeroom. What color is based on the word.
Speaker 1: Turkish Turquois couldn't have been easier.
Speaker 2: The answer is no, that could not have been any easier. Lisa, You've got a complete layup today. Yeah. Turkish because it's describes the color of the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of southern Turkey, Turkish turquoise blue.
Speaker 1: Do you wear any turquoise? I just I determined yesterday that I just would look dumb in it. I think it's my birth zone, but I don't wear it.
Speaker 2: I wear black. Okay, Well, you and all you're black gonna fit in perfect at that Ghost concert on August sixteenth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Awesome, thank you, all right, thanks for being a part of homeroom. Lacy, you have a great day.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thank you, thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 5: Four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five Buzz is good. I'm not the only one that didn't know they were saying feels good.
Speaker 1: This is the name of the song. I'm not the only one.
Speaker 2: It's all I'm saying, Oh, you're fine, Okay, I'm just saying it is the name of the song. There was a moment on the show last year where I realized during that song, I thought they were just going.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's what I thought they were doing. I didn't know they were saying feels good.
Speaker 2: I thought so much about the moment that I used it as a fresh out of bed head to head question early already in this year, and neither person who they did not know that was playing the game. I went back at it with a second music question already two music questions.
Speaker 1: I'm fresh out of bed head to head this year? Are you crazy? Yeah? We're at fifty percent success rate on music questions during fresh out of bed head to Head. I guess we'll keep it to spell Cat. That's an easy for.
Speaker 2: You, ten percent chance of rain Claudi's guys high at fifty seven.
Speaker 1: I got Pompa Roach tickets for you next hour.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play the five game at around eight twenty and right now I got Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Firefighters are facing challenging conditions in their battle against the Los Angeles wildfires, with powerful wins forecast for the next twenty four hours that could make the fires harder to put out. The Eton and Palisades fires will likely be the second and fourth most destructive fires in California's history. Some more celebrities are trying to help out by donating to fire relief. Houston Zone Beyonce is donating two point five million dollars to the LA Fire Relief Fund, while My Talent is All Within My Hands Foundation donates or donated five hundred thousand dollars to the same fund.
Speaker 1: China says that.
Speaker 3: Rumors they are considering selling the social media platform to Elon.
Speaker 1: Musk are not true. Yeah, but okay, he just buys all the social media I'm not hearing the Elon Musk story. I did not either.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing that mister Wonderful. That's what I had seen me too, Shark tank guy, mister Wonderful, the ball guy. He wants to buy TikTok, He's going with a group of people. He doesn't have the money to buy it on his own, and.
Speaker 3: Then you're gonna have to pay him a percentage of every like that every TikTok ever gets until he is reimbursed.
Speaker 1: So all right, plus thirty five percent so what is the story here? China is finally so there's a rumor that Elon was they were gonna sell it to Elon.
Speaker 2: They are like, hey, I believe the TikTok spokesperson said, we can't be expected.
Speaker 1: To comment on pure fiction. So not at all true.
Speaker 3: The mister wonderful Thing, I've seen him saying he would like to do it. It doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Anybody can come in and say, I mean.
Speaker 3: You know you could do I'm thinking about buying TikTok. All right, So if anybody wants to run that to the presses Alex P. Middleton and the Rod Ryan Show throwing his hat in the ring to buy TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some nut job in Houston on the radio said he also wants to buy it. Yes, that's you, the former mayoral candidate considering buying TikTok.
Speaker 1: Just put that as the headline part that happening. Send it to Houston.
Speaker 3: Kron Supreme Court is expected to rule in the US's TikTok band this week, and if they don't pause or overrule the band, TikTok is going to go away or stop receiving updates on January nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Can you change a light bulb? Is this a joke?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I can. I changed the light bulb the other day. You simply my lava lamp like an adults.
Speaker 2: I mean most light bulbs, you simply just unscrew and then screwing the new one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if you can change a light bulb, you're better than twenty percent of gm Z. According to a survey, one in five young adults cannot change a light bulb. Is it because ruable light bulbs are being phased out in favor of LED lights or is it just laziness? Rod, It's laziness. It is laziness because years are spending more than fifteen hundred dollars a year calling in pros to do basic jobs that they could probably do themselves.
Speaker 2: I think it's the thumbtack app use is it? I mean, is it supposed to be like oil changes or something like.
Speaker 3: They're struggling with, like like basic carb maintenance, which I don't I mean, I don't know if you go to mechanic like mechanics are there to do mechanic stuff.
Speaker 1: Alex does all my engine work, well, I mean yeah, usually Yeah, I mean I only put water in a little bit. It's fine.
Speaker 3: But like they're hiring people to come hang stuff. I know Dina used this stuff all the time. Dina would have somebody come hang up things in their house. I think Tessa was doing this too, where like, oh, hey, I don't know how to put I don't know how hanging curtains. Somebody can come do this or well, Tess had those remote control blinds, so she had to have them installed.
Speaker 1: But she got it. She got people to come do that.
Speaker 3: And you can hire people to come do that if you can't do it, instead of having to just figure it.
Speaker 1: Out in your own.
Speaker 2: This is coming from the guy that paints somebody seventy five dollars they hit the reset button on his garbage.
Speaker 1: Okay, sometimes this is me gott to get an expert.
Speaker 2: Is there even one person out there that paid somebody through an app to come and change a light bulb?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 3: I used to call maintenance to come change light bulbs at my apartments just because I didn't want to buy a light bulb.
Speaker 1: That's not mine. But I know how to change a light bulb. All right, what's the headline? The headline is that one in five gen z Ers cannot change light bulbs. I don't think kennot is right. I just think they don't want to or yeah, that's probably what it is. Laziness.
Speaker 3: Laziness is the real answer to it. Brittany and Patrick Mahomes welcome to their third child. Over the weekend, they had a daughter and named her Golden Ray Mahomes. The birth came at the perfect time too, because the Chiefs had to buy in the first round. Honestly, like, that is the most perfectly time pregnancy of all time.
Speaker 2: Dude, who is planning their pounding better than the Mahomes, Like, hey, we'll probably have a buy that weekend.
Speaker 1: You know what the hell?
Speaker 2: You know, the craziness leading up to the date of the trial. Man, and then this guy is the voodoo is so strong with them.
Speaker 1: Ref ref in the game against the Texans this weekend too, so he can just determine when he has a baby.
Speaker 2: He determined when anything happens, it's not fair. He's he's a witch and we need to investigate him. There is witchcraft, some sort of witchcraft for sure. Mahomes did joke that he's done after three kids. Hopefully he's also done after three Super Bowls, and the Texans can get a win against the Chiefs this coming weekend, nice time.
Speaker 3: Despite the wild fires in LA, the Grammys will continue as planned as they say, the show must go on.
Speaker 1: That's what they say in showbiz, right. I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 3: Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason announced that they have been in close coordination with local authorities in LA to ensure public safety and responsible use of area resources.
Speaker 2: They're all also going to try and raise some money for fire relief during the during the Grammy's. The sixty seventh Grammy Awards are scheduled for February.
Speaker 1: Second.
Speaker 2: I know you're stoked about the Grammys. The Grammys I watch, Yeah, that's the one I watch because the musical performances are great. I get turned on to new music. I get turned on the things that I don't know about. I'll see some Sabrina Carpenter song that I should know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I like watching the Grammies because I do.
Speaker 2: I do. I do get introduced to things that I feel like I should know. Beyonce was supposed to have some huge announcement today. She kind of she kind of tipped her hat at the end of her performance on Christmas. It was supposed to be a big announcement today. That's not happening either because of the wildfires, just like res and nine and Nails kind of did the same thing. So the show's not going on for everyone, not for everyone, they're just in this show's timporary Halton was last.
Speaker 1: Night a blowout?
Speaker 3: Yeah, football game? I would say, so, it's a three score game. The other team didn't even get double digit points.
Speaker 1: Like that's a blowouts? A blowout?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean there's been worst blowouts, but twenty seventy nine on a fourteen win team against the fourteen win team, Like, that's the worst that, Like, the best wildcard team in history didn't win.
Speaker 1: Who was going to put their money? Not on LA to win that game? With all the emotions putting money people thought of it. So people thought of it as a distraction. And that's what I know.
Speaker 2: They're gonna use it. They're gonna use it. Yeah, I thought for sure they were gonna come away with a win. I'm not a betting guy. I would have put all my money.
Speaker 1: On LA last night.
Speaker 3: You would have been better than me, because the Rams blew out Viki's twenty seven to nine in the final wild Card round game. Division Round is all set now, so Saturday it'll be Texans at Chiefs, Lions taking on the Commanders. Then Sunday it's Rams against the Eagles and the Bills hosting the Ravens. It's gonna be a hell of a weekend. In the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs and basketball, the Rockets got another win last night. They got by the Grizzlies one twenty to one eighteen. Rockets trailed by double digits multiple times in the game, but were resilient and they were able to battle back each time. Jalen Green went off, had himself a night, tied a career high with forty two points, the leade all players and scoring. Rockets now won four straight. They're gonna play the Nuggets on the road tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ross Morning Show from six to ten, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Rob Ryan's Show. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us. Wakey, wakey, how's your cupcakey.
Speaker 2: Chapter cent chance of rain cloudy Skuy's highs up around fifty seven. Yeah, plump a roach rise against tickets this hour Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: A little over an hour from now, we're gonna play the five game. Alternative Income is back.
Speaker 2: We'd like some local winners on that national contest where you're gonna be listening for the keyword and then enter it at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Speaking of it's tat Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Would love for you to go and have a look, look you, lou at the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: I just talked myself into a pole question do it?
Speaker 8: What is it? Well?
Speaker 2: I wanted to make sure they got the categories right. Okay, so I could have done this off air with you, but let's just do it on air. Well, let me ask Chili, because it's specifically about the Texans. Because you you float between going out and staying at home. I feel like when the games get more important sometimes, Chili, you want to be at the house. What is the best way to watch the Texans playoff game? It's this Saturday, right, Yes, Okay, these are.
Speaker 1: The right categories. Am I missing something?
Speaker 2: At home alone, at a bar, house party, not watching? I mean, what other what other option would need to give you?
Speaker 1: Just with friends with friends? House party? Yea, so house party should I say house party? Should I change that? With friends house party? Yeah? Just with that at home alone, I'll just put with friends house party, slash with friends. I don't have that much room.
Speaker 10: I've done house party covers it, okay, because if you think house park hands, you're just not going to go to no strangers.
Speaker 2: I'm still at home alone, okay, I got I have room for with friends slash party.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: What is the best way to watch the Texans playoff game this Saturday? At home alone, at a bar with friends, party or not watching the game?
Speaker 1: Charley? What's your answer for this specifically this Saturday's.
Speaker 6: Game, May I'm gonna go with the house party with friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to be around some like minded people.
Speaker 6: I want to be with like in a good environment. At a bar. It's awesome environment.
Speaker 2: But you miss things though, if you really want to listen, that's the that's the problem. You can't hear usually at the bar, not not every bar, but sometimes you but you still can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I just can't hear everything that I want to hear.
Speaker 10: A lot of distractions at a bar, yes, sir, so I mean that young me, That's where I would go watch it me now, I want to be at a house party with friends, okay, talking, kind of focus a little bit and still.
Speaker 6: Have a good fun environment.
Speaker 1: Sounds like an invite. What time do you need us over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right right? What time are we coming over here?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wait a minute, you opened the door when you It's like an invitation it spin zone? Are those the good choices though? For the population?
Speaker 6: Well, just what they had rod House.
Speaker 1: Not an option and definitely don't comment. I would ratherly watch it at Rods House and posting. Best way to watch the Houston Texas playoff game is Saturday. What time is game time? Alley? Okay? In that Texans time slot. Patrick Mahomes had a baby. His wife had a baby yesterday. He had a baby. I I you can say that he had a baby yesterday.
Speaker 2: He became a father thrice for the But to time that out the miracle of birth, Alex, you're well familiar with everything and how it works. Now, yeah, to time it out on your week to deliver it's another elite level God. God has favorites. His name's Patrick mahomesh and Britney Mahomes And.
Speaker 3: That does scare me because guys that just had kids or that they tend to play well in the following game, which I hope does not continue with him.
Speaker 1: Chile's hoping that it's a distraction, but I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think it's just laser focus. I think you're distracted before the kid comes. The kid comes out healthy, great, ten toes, ten fingers, let's go kick ass.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm afraid of those guys that I think with mahomes you can never count them out, even if he's sick. He's like Jordan when he had one hundred and six temperature degree.
Speaker 1: Or Brett Fah yeah after his dad died, the game of his life.
Speaker 10: He just has that focus, you know. So anytime mahomes is on the field, you can't count theirm out. But Texans defense is just on five man yeah and uh do me a fa yeah, not crying on no, just to be.
Speaker 1: There win on Saturday, please, dude. That's I mean.
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 6: That was like one of my dreams.
Speaker 2: Well, and then people are asking people Rod what are you gonna do if, if, when whatever happens, the Texans win and the Bills win, guess who's playing to go to the super Bowl? Yeah, Bill's Texans. Okay, there's worse positions to be in. That means I am going to New Orleans, no matter what, No matter what. If it's Bill's Texans, which means Monday off, that means we get Monday off and I will be in New Orleans either team goes to the super Bowl. I'm going to New Orleans. That doesn't mean I have a ticket. I'm just going way and chill you go to Yeah, why can't we do the show from New Orleans?
Speaker 1: Do you think these studios suck? You used to see what they got.
Speaker 2: What they're dealing with in New Orleans from would probably have a better chance with us already.
Speaker 1: All right, all right?
Speaker 2: Poll questions up at the X at rod Ryan's show, I got to take a short break, Go Texans, Poppa Roach Rise against Tickets on the Flip Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, Good morning, everybody, Happy tattooesday. Have you had a chance to look links some guests. There's a really wild, I mean wild stuff. There's a wild crazy criminal blog page today.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to take a look at that. Yeah, I mean it is. I mean it is crazy criminal, the craziest criminal blog page of the year.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're crazy for sure.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain Cloudi's guys, highs up about thirty seven.
Speaker 1: It is seven to twenty two.
Speaker 2: My poll question this morning, what's the best way to watch the Houston Texans playoff game this Saturday? This is why I don't own a bar anymore. Six percent of our audience at a bar.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch there at bar. Yeah, I know you are a bar guy. You are a bar guy.
Speaker 2: Forty percent of our audience at home alone, forty percent of our audience with friends at a party, house party, okay, six percent, like I said, at a bar, and fifteen percent not watching the game.
Speaker 1: Fifteen percent just go away. I don't want to watch the game. What are you doing, dude? Not everybody wants to live you. I don't want your life. Everybody wants your life. You should all fun. Believe it or not. Not everybody watches football, that's sure. It's unfortunate. You get a little joy in your life.
Speaker 2: Does your wife watch football or is she forced to watch it with you? Would she watch it on her own?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so she'd be in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know of these people, never let her answer that, you're not shocked. I would never let her answer that way.
Speaker 1: Stop. She'd do whatever she wants.
Speaker 5: What do you uh?
Speaker 1: What's trending? What are you already talking about?
Speaker 3: Tattooesday trending committed by listener Urban It's bree Uvena and uh yeah, she fitched the Tattooesday bill perfectly looking good, looking good.
Speaker 1: Over there, she's got one of those Uh, I don't believe you boob pieces? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Like uh like like you know, the middle of your boobs chandelier chandelier type thing.
Speaker 1: But it's not below, it's above. Oh okay, it's a chess peace, Jeff Peace. And she's got a stunt piece too, so that's aggressive. Let's check that out. Also trending is Carrie Underwood.
Speaker 3: She is going to be performing at Donald Trump's inauguration on Monday and saying America the beautiful as well.
Speaker 2: And then also trending is New Glenn. What do you know about New Glenn Glenn Powell.
Speaker 3: Nope, it's Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin rocket was supposed to take off today but they have had to reschedule its launch because of a ice build up.
Speaker 1: It looks like, so no launch for Jeff.
Speaker 3: Bezos, who is competing with Elon Musk to have the coolest rockets, I guess.
Speaker 1: But that's what's trending on I by the bus. I saw some advertisement.
Speaker 2: On Instagram and it said we've got Texas legends talking about the film industry okay and filming in Texas okay.
Speaker 1: And it was Woody Harrelson. That's a big one. Okay. I'm good with that Wilson and Glenn Powell. Is he a Texas legend yet?
Speaker 6: I mean is?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm I just assumed Billy Bob Thornton's from here. I don't know land Man.
Speaker 2: I'm watching, so he seems so Texas, and I would assume Glen Palace from Oklahoma because of Twisters.
Speaker 1: No, he's here. He's a Texas guy.
Speaker 2: So when you secured in Texas legends for your commercial.
Speaker 1: He's one of the top three four biggest actors, right, gonna be around a little bit.
Speaker 2: Is in the definition of legends like some duration isn't some duration attached?
Speaker 1: Legends a legend like it's been around a while.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I feel like you could play that's that's that's a good headline to put up there.
Speaker 2: And when you're like, you're never make Glenn Palell not a legend like Glynn Pal's.
Speaker 1: He's not a legend who will like it. He's very hot with he's with the other legends. So here are you hot right now? Will you put him with the other two? You can call him legends. I don't even know if Owen Wilson is a legend. Dude, he is. Everybody knows this quote.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, coming up the Owen Wilson game. Everyone just comes up and goes love that.
Speaker 1: Where where wherewhere? Where?
Speaker 2: Right? Let's give away some tickets Baba Roach Rise against March twentieth Toyota Center. I'll look a look at for calling number ten s everyone three two five, you can give us your best Owen Wilson impersonation.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, the Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Tat Tuesday, Alex says that's her number one link today. She's tatted for sure. I love hearing you stumble through that. Oh yeah, she's uh yeah, she's on links and guests and she's yeah, she's uh the text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not your saying.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with people whose thing it is.
Speaker 2: Have you ever on the spot on your year end list? Ever had a tattooes day roll in your top ten half?
Speaker 5: You have to have.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. She was like it was a couple of years ago, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, some freakishly amazingly hot chick with just the right amount of tattoo, just the right amount.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I mean you're a tattoo guy. Yeah, I mean you have tattoo and heyed to get some more? Do you want more? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We're I'm doing to get my podcast. My my co host lost to bet to me last year that he still has not paid up on. We had to both get the podcast logo. I want to get my daughter and then I want to get like three or four other things.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you gonna get something for your daughter? Yeah? Do you know what it is? Yet? You don't what I do I do. Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I want to get like a little bell. We call her al bell, So I want to get a little bell with a he.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do what you have with the heartbeat, because I have I had that all out, but oh the wave format just where I want it. I want it like kind of on my arm in a different spot. If you can get that, buddy, I'll allow it. Yeah, I allow it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're in tribe, that'll be our tribe, our tribal, that'll be that's our tribal.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: The whole thing about tribal tattoos is it represented your tribe and everyone had a similar tattoo. So I mean, I guess if you've got you know, barbed wire, you know everybody's got barbed wire, that's your tribe. But yeah, tribal tattoos, that's exactly what it is. So when my sister was talking like one time about getting a tattoo and she wanted like one of the Florida lees that is a part of a cross on my arm, I said, I'll allow it. You're in my tribe, Yeah you can have that. So I'm telling you if you want the weight for him, I feel like you're in my tribe, you know. Yeah, you can get that Good morning rod Ryan show. No, now I'm talking to you on the phone.
Speaker 7: Oh good morning.
Speaker 1: He's like one of these idiots, gonna shut off up with these guys. Come to me, Kenny, you got any tattoos?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got a lot of tattoos.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know what's weird now? You used to be able to ask people how many tattoos do you have?
Speaker 2: You can't anymore. They're all blended together and you can't just ask how many? I mean, you, Ken, yours are all individual?
Speaker 1: Alex Ray do you get a sleeve? Would that just be one tattoo? It's like a bunch coated Kenny, Do you have a number of tattoos or you just coated?
Speaker 7: How do you got thirty two? I got thirty two?
Speaker 1: Nice? Thirty two tattoos? What's your favorite one?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, I have a link on my arm like from Zelda Nice. Oh, that's has to be my favorite one. It's so good. I've paid a lot of money for it. It's top notch artists revolt from the woodland, So it's a good shout out on them.
Speaker 1: All right, ying and yang it out what's the least favorite one.
Speaker 7: Yes, I got a little brimlin on my leg. That is like a prison tattoo. I wasn't in prison for a guy who did. It's a Christian.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough, Hey dude, you're calling number ten? What's up?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What did I win? You won Papa Roach Rise Against tickets? Oh my god?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, dude, that's gonna be amazing. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a pretty good show. I don't know unless I saw Rise Against. I would have to look.
Speaker 1: Somebody would know this off the top of their head if they played like a buzzfest. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I've seen rise Against in concert. That's March twentieth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're in all.
Speaker 7: Right, awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: All right, you're doing such a good job at the line of fire. The fire.
Speaker 2: Questioning here, what's the best way to watch the Houston Texans playoff game this Saturday? Home alone, at a bar with friends, at maybe a house party type setting, or you're not watching.
Speaker 7: I'm not watching, But the best place if you watches with friends anywhere with friends.
Speaker 1: So I don't watch it, do you not watch football or the Texans aren't your team.
Speaker 7: I don't watch any sports.
Speaker 1: No, what are you doing? Get done?
Speaker 7: I hang out with my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's productive, like he died.
Speaker 7: Actually, I'm the one who emailed you about quitting smoking, and I haven't smoked donald plan on doing it, So I'll be not smoking on Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right, lead with that that you're the guy that we talked about. It's not smoking. Please? Did you have one at eleven fifty nine New Year's Eve?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, I I went home after work and I took a drag a cigarette or not not up to drag of bait, and I looked at my wife and I was think, you know, I'm think I want these anymore? And I handed it to her and I haven't pick it.
Speaker 1: Up since Alex would be that guy. It's like like watching the ball. It's not touching. It's not touching. Yeah, it's not touching.
Speaker 6: It's not touching.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not touching. It's not touching. Okay, take it. Have a new year, everybody. Kenny.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. And I can't remember. I know you emailed me, but how long have you been smoking?
Speaker 1: For a long time? Two years?
Speaker 7: Pretty consecutively, but not really haven't smoken that long.
Speaker 1: Okay, who the hell? My wife is smoking two years for seventeen years? Okay, she quit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she quit smoking cigarettes and went to bait two years ago. So I just kind of was like, let me try that hook. Damn it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, but you're cold turkey boom. We're fourteen days in nothing, dude, I am busy.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you. We check out some football though. That is pretty cool. So stressful, it might lead him to smoking. Just do what you're doing, Kenny, Just do exactly what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: Way to go the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five, the bus, ride.
Speaker 2: The bus slit my old worst enemy, Rod Ryan's show tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Whole question this morning talking about the Texans game. What's the best way to watch the Houston Texans playoff game this Saturday?
Speaker 1: Things have moved around a little bit.
Speaker 2: Most popular answer is at home alone, just sitting on the couch with your beers or whatever it is you drink. Thirty eight percent of our audience want to be at home alone, don't want the distractions, distractions, friends, maybe house party, thirty percent of the audience.
Speaker 1: Ten percent of our audience will watch it at a bar. They say that's the best place.
Speaker 2: Twenty one percent of our audience not watching Alex blown Away at that number, blown away wild.
Speaker 1: We just talked to a guy that doesn't watch sports. No, I thought that was wild. This is pretty Listen. I think this is the good news. I'll be the judge of that.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four is ben over for fourteen days now, Okay, now that the ride is over, people.
Speaker 1: Are reviewing last year.
Speaker 2: Americans were asked rate the year twenty twenty four on a scale of one to ten.
Speaker 1: Now, look, you had a pretty big year last year. Yeah, but then my football team didn't, so that really lays it down. So help me. God.
Speaker 2: If you mentioned your dumb giants and the same breath as the birth of your child, I'm gonna come over there and kick your ass on the radio. It's two very important things to be dude. It was a big year for you, big ye, a big year for you. Can you put it in a one out of ten, ten being the best year ever and one being just an.
Speaker 1: Absolute dumpster fire? What do you think?
Speaker 8: People?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Overall?
Speaker 1: What do you think a matter I said the year was, Oh, America would have said it was like a five.
Speaker 2: You live too much on Twitter. America was a five six out of ten. Okay, that's not that far off. It's not bad though. At least it's better than your dumpster fire. You live in that Twitter world, dude, that's not the real world world. That's the outliers my world.
Speaker 1: Please get out.
Speaker 3: I would say my last year was a seven, seven out of ten. Yeah, it was a ten, and then football season started. But then the baby was on seven. That was seven. That's seven baby alone.
Speaker 1: Seven. Wait a minute, the blessing seven sounds a little low.
Speaker 2: At the birth, well, he was a ten and then football took it down three notch okay, wait waitit So it was a ten with baby l yeah, which you call her bell and then you might get a bell tattoo.
Speaker 1: It was all good knowledge today.
Speaker 2: So you were you were riding a ten until the giants brought you down three points to a seven. So now this because of the giants year year got a seven. Yes, beautiful bell l I'm sorry Elbourne. And she couldn't hold the numbers up higher.
Speaker 1: She did her best. The poor little baby. She's not strong enough to hold up the numbers. I've known them longer.
Speaker 2: I like the fact that we at least came in on the upside of this. The average American rates twenty twenty four six out of ten. Without going through every single number, I'll just say that five percent gave it a one, the lowest possible score.
Speaker 1: Okay, those are.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, those are people on Twitter. Those are people on Twitter, I bet. Okay, those are people where their whole life is politics. Those are your whole life is politics. If you gave that, I know, I get it. If you got some awful diagnosis, you had a death in the family, whatever, it was a one, I understand that. Okay, fourteen percent of people gave it either a nine.
Speaker 1: Or a ten. Thatskand what would you have given that? I would go seven and a half if I'm allowed to use Decimal's points. I think last year was the seven and a half. Yeah, yeah, that's good, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a pretty light tight and bright guy. I deal with crap like everyone. I try not to bring it in here in the morning, but you know, we're all dealing with stuff. I'd give it a solid seven and a half. If you can get through the year to seven and a half.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. I think you're doing pretty good. I think you're doing pretty good. What's the twin? What's the twin? Given twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: I mean, Blue Blood's ended, but so but Blue Chew Blue Choo just begun evens it out to the blues.
Speaker 1: Say, Chili's right around where we were, Chilli seven and a half. I don't know. Chili's like a bill of the road. He's gonna go half five. A man got aj stroud five? What was last year's number?
Speaker 6: I gave you a ten?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Come on, yeah, because I'm still alive. Okay, I like that as long as I'm alive as a ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, way to go. I like that, all right. That segment was definitely worth it. The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On this tattooesday seven fifty three, we got cloudy skies today. Ten percent chance of rain could go up to a twenty percent chance tonight. I'm seeing a little of that highs today of around fifty seven. We're gonna play the five game. Five of you will compete against one another, and the last person standing.
Speaker 1: Last person on the radio will win.
Speaker 2: Tickets to go see Buzzfest to join us at our party Saturday, May twenty fourth, out there at Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Tickets are available through Ticketmaster locations. Alex my Man Houston's headlines, Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Firefighters are facing challenging conditions in their battle against the Los Angeles wildfires, with powerful wins forecast for the next twenty four hours that could make the fires much harder to put out. The Eaton and Palisades fires will likely be the second and fourth most destructive fires in California's history. Some more celebrities are donating to fire relief and help out Houston zone. Beyonce is donating two point five million dollars to the LA Fire Relief Fund. File Metallic is All Within My Hands Foundation has donated five hundred thousand dollars to the fund as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's just terrible stuff going on over there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This story, Oh, I like this. We have drug rats. We got a rat problem. We got a drug problem. We got a drug rat problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these rats are on drugs and they've gotten into the stash at the wherever they store this stuff here in Houston, all the confidence, all the confiscated drugs over the years, rats have gotten into it and they're wasted.
Speaker 1: It sounded like some chill ass rats.
Speaker 2: Well they're getting into weed mostly, so you're right, so maybe that does chill them mouse hanging out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's an infestation of drug addicted rats and evidence rooms. It's prompted the Houston Police Department to begin destroying hundreds of thousands of pounds of narcotics. Around four hundred thousand pounds of marijuana sit in the department's property room, and according to Mayor John Whitmyer, only the rats are enjoying it.
Speaker 2: At least somebody's enjoying it, right, But they were Whoever, the other wing nut that was doing the press conference, he said some sort of clip, and I'm seeing this on every talk show now. I mean, yeah, this is as it should be. It's funny, funny we have.
Speaker 1: Drug infested we have like strung out drug strung out drug rats. We could just use mouse traps. I mean it just seems like maybe we do that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: HPD wasn't supposed to destroy narcotics evidence if it had been in the department's possession since two thousand and five, regardless of whether or not the cases had already been dismissed. But a new policy from the District Attorney's office is going to allow items that have been there since before twenty fifteen to be destroyed. The DA's office is going to utilize its own funds to help HPD with the costly price process of destroying evidence. Costly process seems like it could also just be a fire, just like start a bonfire, throw it all in there, getting incinerator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just burn drugs, right, like the morgue.
Speaker 2: Where they creepate people like it out for a second and then be like done. The problem is this stuff is all evidence. Some of these cases are pending, and now the evidence has been tampered with.
Speaker 1: You're like, well, why would that affect the case. I don't know that. Lawyers look for any loophole. Well, that's not my client's drugs.
Speaker 3: ST's got a pound of marijuana. That's one pound less that you can charge him with. Yeah, right, I don't know how that works, but that's the most interesting story today. Seek Out the press conference.
Speaker 2: It is seek Out the press conferences because the sound bites are all there.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Yeah, when you get sick, do you act like a baby? I know you don't, rod, I definitely don't.
Speaker 3: But a third Americans do say that their partner acts like a complete baby when they get sick. According to a poll of two thousand adults, twenty five percent say their partner is stubborn one when they're sick, and then twenty two percent say that they act dramatic, while another twenty two percent say that their partner refuses to even admit that they're sick.
Speaker 1: I feel like more me.
Speaker 2: This is an attack on men because men, men are more at at least the narrative is that men bitch and complain more when we're sick. Yeah, women have that higher pain threshold that you know, they're tougher than us.
Speaker 3: And because of that, ladies, since I know that you're worried about that, when I try and combat that, I just I just grab the day quill and I just go about my day. You know what I'm saying, I suffer in silence so that women can't say that I'm adding to the statistic. All right, I'm helping you, ladies, thanks, That's what I'm trying to do. So the average person that is sick mentions that they're sick at least two times a day until they start feeling better. So if you're sick, just make sure you lay avay.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh, everybody knows that person that's not feeling well and constantly wants to remind you of that, and.
Speaker 1: Then it seems like they're always not feeling well too.
Speaker 3: Carrie Underwood's going to perform at President elect Donald Trump's inauguration on at the US Capitol on Monday. She's going to sing America the Beautiful with the Armed Forces Chorus in the United States Naval Academy Glee Club. Underwood said, I love our country and I'm happy. I'm honored and happy to have been asked to sing at the inauguration and be a part of a small part of this historic event.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna be awesome. And I mean I'm gonna be turning into some carry. Yeah. I think it's Uh, it's interesting just because again who's performing at these things is so polarizing right now. Of course Kid Rock is gonna be involved somehow, but I mean, if you think about when Trump got in office last time three Doors Down. When a Democrat gets in there, you get Bruce Springsteen, you know, or Fleetwood Mac or you get the biggest you get the biggest bands out there. Right when when the Republican gets in there, you have your choice of Kid Rock or Ted NuGen And.
Speaker 1: And Trump went with three Doors Down.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. I don't remember any of that performance, but I do remember that that was what they were known for.
Speaker 2: No I remember watching it, and I just wanted to see Trump tapping his foot to Superman.
Speaker 3: Nine It's Nails are planning a world tour, but they are waiting to announce the details because of the California wildfires and Instagram posts. Trent Reznor said that quote, since some dates in information about our world tour have been leaked, we are confirming that yes, we will be touring and provide more details soon. We are watching the devastation that's unfolding in California and have paused our announcement while people tried to deal with what is happening. But you're excited to see nine inch Nails mores should be coming soon.
Speaker 1: Those are you since headlines?
Speaker 2: If you're just a music fan and you think that you don't have nine inch nails on your must see before I Die list, I'm gonna tell you put them on your list.
Speaker 1: You have to see this band live. That's it. There you go, that's it. They're amazing, all right.
Speaker 2: In sports, well, in football, the Rams blew out the Vikings twenty seven to nine last night in the Vinyl Wild Card Round game.
Speaker 1: So the Divisional round is all set up. On Saturday.
Speaker 3: It'll be the Texans at the Chiefs, then it will be Lions and Commanders as the night game.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, the early game will.
Speaker 2: Be Rams at Eagles, and the Bills and Ravens will wrap things up up at five thirty.
Speaker 3: That's the late kickoff game on Sunday. But it's gonna be a hell of a Divisional rounds weekend.
Speaker 1: I gotta wait all weekend for that Bills game. Yeah, the Texans part is kind of nice.
Speaker 3: I know that the people didn't like playing the early Saturday game, but like, you get all Saturday after that, then you get all Sunday just kind of hang out, not be stressed out.
Speaker 1: I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: I hate that I gotta wait so long for the Bills game. But the Texans game on Saturday. What time three thirty? Just like last week, I can get stuff done. Yeah, I can do stuff the whole day and then boom follo thirty.
Speaker 1: I got stuff to do. Okay.
Speaker 3: And basketball Rockets got another win last night. They got by the Grizzlies one twenty to one eighteen. ITH's we haled by double digits multiple times in the game, but we're able to battle back each time. Jalen green had himself a night. He tied a career high with forty two points to lead all players and scoring. Rockets have now won four in a row. They're gonna play the Nuggets on the road tomorrow night. That is what's going on in.
Speaker 1: Sports, guys. We're only coming off on the halfway point.
Speaker 11: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four or five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show. We were just talking about Three Doors Down, all right. I remember specifically watching Trump's first inauguration and Three Doors Down was the band.
Speaker 1: And it was like, Okay, you know, I get it. Republicans have a hard.
Speaker 2: Time getting bands. You know, Lee Greenwood, you know you can kind him on like you know one hand.
Speaker 1: Who you get to play. But Three Doors Down did a great job.
Speaker 2: They sold thirty million albums. Three Doors Down and sold thirty million albums.
Speaker 4: Not bad.
Speaker 2: That's a big band. The big story is Carrie Underwood's playing the inauguration. I think she's she stopped performing. She performed the national anthem. I remember talking to Brad, the lead singer Three Doors Down, after I did an interview with him, and I asked him about it. I said, Hey, did you worry about any kind of backlash or anything like that.
Speaker 1: He's like, listen, the president calls, I don't care who's in office. You answer.
Speaker 2: That was his answer, and I thought it was brilliant. I go, Brad, no wonder, you're so smart. He's like, the president calls and asks and calls upon you. You put all the things aside. The president has called you to ask you to play. He said, it didn't matter who was in there. He goes, I want to play.
Speaker 3: That's there's a really smart little bands that ever got to play presidential inauguration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in rarefied it.
Speaker 2: It's a really big deal. All right, Well, thirty million albums. Metallica's Black albums sold thirty million copies. Just the one album.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I had I didn't know off the top of my head, I knew that I knew three. I always use that number when I talk.
Speaker 2: About nickel Back, how like everybody hates Nickelback. They sold fifty million albums, okay, and.
Speaker 1: A top one hundred rock band of the decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were like the top rock band when it came to the you know, the biggest bands of the decades. Single album sales. Michael Jackson's Thriller seventy million copies. It's it's unheard of wild. It's just you think about, like a record that will never get be broken. Ac DC's Back in Black fifty million copies, Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard forty five million, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon forty five million, Eagle's Greatest Hits forty four million. Eagles, there's no argument, the biggest American rock band of all time.
Speaker 1: You can't use the term inarguable because you can argue anything. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's almost inarguable. The Eagles are the biggest American rock band. The Beatles aren't ours, the Who and Pink Floyd and the led Zeppelin, these are not our bands.
Speaker 1: Okay, who are you going to say? Fleetwood? Mac? Maybe?
Speaker 2: And then I mean Michael Jackson's the biggest artist selling artists, no doubt. But as far as rock bands, Metallica is the only one.
Speaker 1: I thirty one thirty one million albums for the Black album alone.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Metallica will overtake the Eagles, but right now, I think the Eagles have the record now Metallica.
Speaker 1: They're still playing stadiums, but then I playing the Sphere. Who's next at the Sphere, Alex, Who's next at the Sphere? We don't know.
Speaker 3: I think Grateful Dead's just doing They didn't they do a couple of hits, don't they like they might do?
Speaker 1: They did Dead in Company. The Dead in Company should probably. I think that's all there.
Speaker 2: That's all that's available right now for Grateful Dead fans is Dead in Company.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of Grateful Dead guys in there right yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's going to be next, because they just started selling Sublime. The Eagles are no, not The Eagles are only supposed to play a couple of months and they're selling shows into March now. January February March. The Eagles are there still, the guy that owns the bar, I got to you to watch football and soccer. Nick, he's been to the Sphere twice to see the Eagles. Really, Okay, that's he's a huge Eagles fan. Yeah, I mean it's amazing, but not twice. It's too expensive, right, he's too expensive. I've been twice at least. I saw two different bands.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. Chavelle and Marilyn Manson are co headlining Blue October p O d Evan's Blue.
Speaker 1: Sleep Theory. Tickets out and sale now at all Ticketmaster locations. Did you get your hotel room?
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for now? I'm gonna say I'm not whispering anymore. Get your g D hotel room secured? Okay, all right, we're gonna be up the Woodlands Pavilion and we have a pair of tickets to give away that music right there.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's five time. It's five times.
Speaker 2: Five of you are going to get on the phone with us after the break. Just chill right now, I'll tell you when to call in. Five of you are going to compete against.
Speaker 1: One another for those Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 11: The five Game is back, Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Mornings.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, we are. I just heard that with Shell Federal Credit Union. I forgot. Well, I didn't forget. I knew that we were back with them this year. They're such a great sponsor of the show, and you're an awesome partner. I just sent an email. Leslie is in charge of that account.
Speaker 2: I said, Hey, any interest in bringing back hashtag Monday selfie? It's that time of year that we do the hashtag Monday selfie. She got back to me right away.
Speaker 1: She goes, I'm on it.
Speaker 2: Boom, it's looking good, so we're gonna do that before We just get pictures of you guys out on our Facebook page and we give you cash from Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: So it looks like we're going to be bringing that back soon. So that's good. I mean that literally, just the emails went back and forth.
Speaker 2: On the show today ten percent chance of rain today, twenty percent chance tonight. Cloudy's guys highs up around fifty seven. What's trending, Well, Starbucks is trending right now. They are reversing their open door policy, so you can no longer or will eventually no longer be able to just go and read or type up your poetry at Starbucks without buying something.
Speaker 1: You basically got to buy something or get out. Am I the minority here? I don't have a problem with that. If you want to, don't.
Speaker 2: If you want to be in my place of business, by all you do is buy coffee, buy a scone. What's the cheapest thing at Starbucks?
Speaker 1: A cake pop?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just get a cup of coffee, sit there, and then you're fine. Like, I do think that it's crazy that people are like mad that py can't just go and hang out for free in this business.
Speaker 2: And use their Wi Fi and sit there and just do all your work. Yeah, or read a novel a Starbucks. But I don't think they're wrong, And I don't think they're wrong either. I don't honestly surprised it's taken them this long, so like, like, kudos to them for putting up with this.
Speaker 1: So it's not a shelter. It's a business, absolutely absolutely, And I get that.
Speaker 3: Like people are like, well, during the pandemic year, you had to go to Starbucks to work remotely and stuff at that.
Speaker 1: Buy coffee, Yeah, buy coffee. I don't have a problem with this at all, and I'm I can only imagine they're taking crap for it.
Speaker 2: Also trending is red note because people are downloading the app red note in case TikTok goes away.
Speaker 3: It's basically like a copy and paste of TikTok. So it's kind of like a different version of TikTok. With that being TikTok. I asked you to check it out on your You have a Android, so I.
Speaker 1: Went to the Google play Store.
Speaker 2: It's number two, what's number one on the Apple Store and free the apps, And so it's a weird Chinese writing, so you won't really be able to understand it.
Speaker 1: If you just type a red note, that's what'll pop up with it, that logo. I'm not downloading that. I'm not.
Speaker 2: But it seems like TikTok did a good job. If it's spying on me, did a good job not looking like it's spying on me. This looks like spyware.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a Chinese app. It looks like it's gonna ruin my computer whatever it is. Yeah. Also trending is Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: He and his wife Brittany, welcomed their third child, a daughter, Golden Ray Mahomes, on Sunday, and he.
Speaker 1: Perfectly timed out.
Speaker 3: We've talked about it a couple of times this morning, but he perfectly timed it out during the Chief Spy. So congratulations to the mahomes Is. Hopefully you lose on Saturday. That's it's trending. A knight to buy the bus.
Speaker 2: Everybody Mama watching, everybody Mama, watch it dominate on three.
Speaker 1: O dody dolo.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 1: If they could just win, I would love that. I would love that for them. I'm dreaming of nothing, but I mean I want my bills to win too, but the shock the world. I hope the Rams win. Also, who are they playing? Eagles? Yes, let me guess. Okay, hey guys, this music here, I don't know. I stole it from some movie. Well it's sountis fantastic, but it's.
Speaker 2: Now It's been the theme song for a game we play here called the Five. I need five of you on the phone, Chili, gotta line up five people. The only thing with this game, I gotta do some gymnastics here, trying to get everybody on.
Speaker 1: The same line. We're gonna have to kill people on air. Yeah, that stresses me out, Chili.
Speaker 2: I just need everybody. You gotta be whisper quiet on the phone. If one of you is driving down I ten with your window down, it blows it for everyone. I can't I can't just mute one line. You're all live on the same stick here on the board, So I need you to be whisper quiet on the phone. I mean we can chitchat and say hi and do the introduction thing, and then I'm going to bring on five of you at the same time, and then one by one you're gonna pick each other off Lord of the Fly style, and the last person remaining.
Speaker 1: On the phone will get tickets to Buzzfest and party with us.
Speaker 2: Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion Five of You, Zebra one three, two, one, two, five nine four.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Show at Empire upon Empire.
Speaker 1: On the Buzz.
Speaker 2: By the Buzz read Hot Chili Pepper's Black Summer Rob Ryan Show on this tattooesday.
Speaker 1: I don't even check the back end here. What are you guys looking at?
Speaker 2: On links and guests First, talking about the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Well you said it earlier, Alex.
Speaker 2: The tattoo Day, tattooesday was trending, and she is trending looking at girls. Oh yeah, Kendra Wilkinson, I know who she is. I never watched Was it the Girl's next Door? What was the Playboy? The girls that were all like dating, They were all dating Hugh Hefner at the same time.
Speaker 1: She was one of them.
Speaker 2: She had that real annoying laugh and then Girls next Door? Yeah yeah, and then then she went I mean, you know, I think that's how she became famous.
Speaker 1: Was it body shaming?
Speaker 5: She was caught up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she was married to a Hank Baskins.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was a wide receiver eagle. Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She doesn't look the same that she did she did twenty years ago, and people are giving her a hard time. Does any one of us look the same that we did twenty years ago? Farrell does, maybe, Yeah, so, Kendra Wilkinson. Jessica Simpson is single, which is sad, you know what I mean, divorce.
Speaker 1: Nobody's excited about that. But Jessica Simpson out there on the prowl sexual napalm. Imagine ever since John Mayer.
Speaker 2: Ever since he said that she was sexual napalm, I can't stop thinking about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there hasn't been a day. There hasn't been a day gone by that I hadn't thought about Jessica Simpson, like didn't get that title? What are you doing in the rack to get that type?
Speaker 2: And John Mayer has been with everybody and he called her sexual napom. He's been with everybody.
Speaker 1: Uh, Brittany, you think these fires are slowing down her dances? Nope?
Speaker 2: I could then absolutely not. So Yeah, the Looking at Girls blog page is number two MILF. Monday is three Looking at Girls yesterday as four piece. Okay, I see what's going on here. A lot of people interested in that Nine Is Nail story. Is Houston included in their world tour plans because there was supposed to be some sort of an announcement this week and then that he said, like most entertainment things, everything's on hold right now. Beyonce was supposed to have some big announcement today. We have no idea what that was, and that's been put.
Speaker 1: On hold just because you know, the world is, at least here in.
Speaker 2: America, we're thinking about other things, you know, So we have to wait for some of these big announcements from some of these artists. Okay, Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com. How about winning a free pair? I got five very brave, very brave, brave. I have five very brave souls heroes.
Speaker 1: Let's say that they want to come on and play this game.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bring them on in rando order. I want to say hello to Kyle. First, Kyle, Welcome.
Speaker 1: To the Five. Hello, very brave Kyle, Good luck to you today.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say hi to Worly. Good morning, Worly, Hey, good morning Rod, Welcome to the Five.
Speaker 1: Whirly. I don't remember talking to you before. Is this the first time you're on the show. Actually no, I've been on before and when Dinah was there. Oh geez, okay, where you've been. I've been listening, just haven't never got through.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, all right, Worley, best of luck. There's four other people that want to destroy you.
Speaker 1: One of their names is Justin. Hey, Justin, Welcome to the five.
Speaker 4: How about your brother Rod?
Speaker 1: How about you? Justin?
Speaker 2: Last man standing today is going to be the winner, so sit there. Next up is Bobby. Hey Bobby, good morning, Good morning, Bobby, welcome to the five. It's one, two, that's three, that's four. I need one more.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Chad, Good morning, Welcome to the five.
Speaker 6: The boys.
Speaker 1: I got five dudes on the line right now, real easy game, fellas.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call upon one of you. There's five phone lines being used right now. You're each sitting on one line. One of the lines. I'm gonna call upon you, and I'm going to ask you to get rid of somebody. You don't know what line you're on. Worley doesn't know what line he's on. We haven't talked to him since Dinah was around here on this show for years. Geez wory since naan God, Bobby, when was the last time you were on this show, Bobby.
Speaker 1: That's my first time, first time ever. Okay, Worley's not looking so bad, all right, all right, Bobby.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna it's just because I got you right now, line one, two, three, four or five. I'm gonna let you pick a line. We will excuse that player from the game, and we'll be down one. You're sitting on one of those lines, though, don't pick your own, Bobby, first time on the show.
Speaker 1: Don't f it up? Okay, one, two, three, four or five? What line I'll go with?
Speaker 2: Number three?
Speaker 1: Line number three? Man sitting? Oh man? Who is it online? Number three? Goodbye? Kyle? Kyle is out of the game. Kyle is gone. Goodbye Kyle. All right, Bobby, good choice on that one, Hey, Justin? Yes, sir, Why am I picking on you? I don't know, I don't know. Line three is gone? Line one, two, four, and five are available. You're on one of them. Give me a line to get rid of.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's get rid of the starting lineup number one?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I always want to be a game show host. Yeah, and I thought a great line that rest in peace? Regis Philbin? Is that your final answer?
Speaker 1: That was a great line? Justin? You want to get rid of line one? Line on line one? Setting on line one?
Speaker 5: Is you?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, Justin, Justin is out of here. Justin did it to himself. You only have yourself to blame. Justin get out of here. He's in the mote.
Speaker 2: I have, man, Then number three, I got line two, I got line four, and I got line five.
Speaker 1: Where are you going? I'm just looking at Whorley. Worley's just in the back of the class, like, don't pick on me, don't pick on me, don't pick on me.
Speaker 5: Worley.
Speaker 1: You know I'm coming to you. Chad and Bobby are still in it. You're still in it? Is it going to be line two? Four or five for you? Worley? Who you're releasing?
Speaker 7: Number four? Line four?
Speaker 1: Oh man, sitting on line four? What if it's.
Speaker 2: It's not Whorley. You're safe. Chad and Bobby just pooped their pants. Yeah, sitting on line forest, Chad, say hi.
Speaker 1: To the gators while you can. Chad is out of it. You're looking hungry today. I got line two, when I got line five.
Speaker 2: Bobby and Worly, Worly and Bobby, Bobby, Yes, do you want to pick the line or do you want worthy to pick the line?
Speaker 1: I'll go ahead and pick it, Okay.
Speaker 2: I like that one of you is online five, one of you is online two. You tell me the line to get rid of They're dead to me. The other person is partying with me. Yep at buzzfeft choose wisely two or fives? What's five?
Speaker 1: Line five? This is what the man said fifty to fifty shot of sitting on that line.
Speaker 2: Can he do it.
Speaker 1: Up until you're on that line? Bobby?
Speaker 5: You just you just.
Speaker 1: Bobby, You're out of here. Get out of here, Get out of.
Speaker 2: Here, Bobby, what what are you thinking? Your winner of the five is Worley. Good morning, Warly, you're morning, Thank you, thank you, guys. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 1: Love theme. What a great way to make it back here, Whirly.
Speaker 2: As you are now parting with us at Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty four, Woodland's pavilionated.
Speaker 1: All Right, dude, please don't wait so long to come back and talk to us. Okay, jeez, gif third, I try all the time. Okay, Well that that makes me feel better.
Speaker 2: All right, great job, and you know, Bobby, a first time player taking it to the end there, Whirly.
Speaker 1: Now, I see why so many of you requested to play the five. I really do. I love that game man. Good job everyone.
Speaker 9: Houston Houston's alternative and tell him at the Rod Ryan Morning shown the.
Speaker 2: Buzz five the Buzz bad Omens brod Ryan Show on this Tat Tuesday, You're coming up on our final Houston's headline.
Speaker 1: Houston Headlines Alternative income is back. We kicked it off.
Speaker 2: Yesterday and then we handed it off to Jeremy Big Jeremy Benson, who comes on after us. He'll continue this at ten after the hour, his entire show, and Teresa will do it until five ten, nine to five ten after the hour, A chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We're gonna kick it in. Coming up.
Speaker 2: I want some local winners here. Fact, we only got one opportunity. Jeremy's got like his whole show to do it. I want a winner. I want a winner. I want a local winner on this national contest. Okay, coming up at nine ten, so be ready for the keyword and enter it on our website.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Temper cent Champs of rain Claudis, guys, heis today of around fifty seven colder weather it's coming this weekend, Thanks Canada. It's some crazy airwood. Thank them, airflows coming down from them.
Speaker 1: It's going to be cold this weekend. All right. What are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Firefighters are facing challenging conditions and their battle against the Los Angeles wildfires with powerful winds forecasts for the next twenty four hours that will make fires much harder to put out than normal. The Eton and Palisades fires are likely going to be the second and fourth most destructive fires in California's history. Some more celebrities are donating to fire relief to try and help out Houston zone. Beyonce is donating two point five million dollars to the LA Fire Relief Fund. Well Metallic is All within My Hands Foundation has donated five hundred thousand dollars. China says that the rumors that they are considering selling the social media platform TikTok to Elon Musk are not true. A TikTok spokesperson said, we can't be expected to comment on pure fiction. I had not even heard of this rumor until today, but the fact that they're having to come to speak out on it means that enough people were talking about it. The Supreme Court is expected to rule on the US's TikTok ban this week, and if they don't pause or overrule, the band, TikTok will go away or stop receiving updates on January nineteenth. That's why everybody's downloading the The new Red Square app I believe is what it's called, not Red Square, but.
Speaker 1: I already got rid of it, but I'm not down red note, Yeah, this is what it is. Yeah it looks don't download it.
Speaker 3: Can you change the light bulb? Because if you can, you're better than twenty percent of gen Z. According to a survey, one in five young adults are not able to change a light bulb. But is it because screwball light bulbs are being phased out in favor of LED lights or is it just laziness? Looks like it's just laziness because gen Z years are spending more than fifteen hundred a year calling in pros to do basic jobs that they could probably do themselves, like like installing things like hanging frames, putting stuff up.
Speaker 1: What are you counting TVs?
Speaker 2: What do you think of this as a gen Z song? Or do you want this as a millennial David Getta David Ghetta and SEEA.
Speaker 1: You want this? They can have it? They have it? Can they not change a light bulb? Gen Z? Can they not change a lightbulb? Or they just don't want to?
Speaker 2: I feel like you you're actively trying not to like a light bulb is one of like I'm a dumb and I am able to easily say that I could change a light bulb just you put it up.
Speaker 1: There, you screw it in. Okay, but that's within reach.
Speaker 2: You could Does gen Z not want to climb a ladder or don't have access to a ladder?
Speaker 1: What if it's out of reach? They may not have a ladder. Yeah, that could be a I don't think gen Z has ladders, that's true. That plays into the light bulb light bulb argument houses because the housing market the light bulb.
Speaker 2: Changing a light bulb is almost a punchline. It is the easiest thing that every one of us can do. Everybody as far as if you want to even it's laughable to put that under home maintenance. But if you don't have a ladder and you can't get at it, or like you said, renting, I don't have a don't have a ladder. Gen Z's renting if they're out of a house at all.
Speaker 3: So I have like high ceilings in my apartment and I would have to call maintenance to come up and help me change one if if the like ceiling fan light went out, Mom, the light bulb. If I at my parents' house, my dad has a ladder and I would just use that.
Speaker 1: Mom, the light bulb but needs changing. They have to use a ladder, right, They don't think they want to get on a ladder. It's scary. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yes, So if you're feeling bad about yourself, just remind yourself that at least you know how to screw in a light bulb, so you always have that and you can.
Speaker 1: Look it up. If you don't know how to do it, you can look it up on yours to change a light bulb.
Speaker 3: Patrick and Britney Mahomes welcome to their third child.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend. They had a daughter and named her Golden Ray Mahomes.
Speaker 3: The birth came at the perfect time too, because the Chiefs had a buy in the first round of the playoffs this past weekend.
Speaker 1: Mahomes did joke that he has done after three kids.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he's done after three Super Bowls and the Texans are able to upset the Chiefs this weekend.
Speaker 1: That would be ideal for us here in Houston.
Speaker 3: Despite the LA wildfires, the Grammys will continue as planned. Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason announced that they have been in close coordination with local authorities to ensure public safety and responsible use of Area Resources. They are also going to try and raise money to help out with those that have been affected by the LA wildfires during the Grammys. The sixty seventh Grammy Awards is scheduled for February second. Those since headlines.
Speaker 2: Circling back to yesterday Live Nation, was your story that they were going to do some sort of a benefit show?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did they say when an announcement was or did they say maybe the days in the coming days?
Speaker 1: So, I mean I would assume this week. Let us to believe that maybe this week an announcement would be made.
Speaker 2: Although days is very vague. Any days could be any day, all right? Ever, in sports, Oh you got to do Yeah, you're doing sports soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do that. Hi, Well, hello, when you got in sports, Alex.
Speaker 3: The Rams they'd let the Vikings twenty seven to nine last night in the final wild card round game. So the divisional round of the NFL playoffs is all set. On Saturday. It's going to be Texans at Chiefs kicking things off at three thirty. Then the Lions and Commanders will be the night game. On Sunday, the Rams and Eagles will start things off, followed by the Bills and Ravens as the night game on that But that'll be a hell of a divisional round in the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 2: And basketball, Rockets got another win last night. They got by the Grizzlies one twenty to one eighteen.
Speaker 3: They trailed by double digits multiple times in the game, but we're able to battle back each time. I'm Jaalen Green tidy career high with forty two points to lead all players and screwing on the night. Rockets have now won four in a row. They're going to play the Nuggets on the road tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Like I know you're doing Rockets, and I know you're doing this other stuff. I'm so obsessed. I can only do the one thing right now. I can only do football.
Speaker 2: Like, is Alex Bregman still an astro? Is there any other things? If anything else happening, they can talk to him, right he's not an astro, but he's not not an astro either, not atro.
Speaker 1: I mean, I literally have room for one thing in my brain yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, you would tell us if that happens, Okay, that would be very big names. All right, all right, I can only think about football right now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I feel you. All right, guys, we have one more hour together.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 11: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show, the Buzz Tuesday, that is your number one link today.
Speaker 2: I did mention the Crazy Criminal blog page every now and then you just got to like shake your damn head and say, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 1: And then when I read a story like this.
Speaker 2: And I do I promise I do this, I go, thank God, thank God that God didn't wire me this way. I think it's I think it's I think it's a missed wire. I think it's a crossed wire or something. If you're wired that way, I'm not giving you an excuse or a pass. It's just I feel like you're wired that way. Thank God, I'm not wired this way. This guy is Florida. Guy got arrested his girlfriend caught him having He was trying to get it on with a horse.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, this is not a new thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys have had I imagine this has been going on for hundreds of years, and I don't think it's common. But oddly enough, I've heard it before and I'm not shocked by it. Although this time this guy was more interested in the horse's nose than any.
Speaker 1: Other part of the horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, write the nose, man, I say, when I read this, think the baby, Jesus, I'm not wired for that. Somebody's wired and think I wonder what my wiener would like this, Wonder what that would be like with that nose is really really getting me thinking that nose is really getting me thinking about things.
Speaker 1: The guy's wired that way. Weird, not a pass at all, not at all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She called the cops after she found the dude was standing next to the horse, and uh yeah, I'll just.
Speaker 1: Let you go to the blog page. But disgusting. What else? How mean? How do you roll into something else? Oh? I saw this this morning. I mentioned this to you.
Speaker 2: Dave Groll is fifty six today. It's still like, can you still think Dave girl's cool? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you? I write from the artists, Okay, the artists. Dave Roll is very cool, Like he's still he doesn't have to back is he's a rock star. He's a two time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer. Okay, you take that away.
Speaker 2: You don't cheat on your wife and have to turn in your rock and Roll Hall of Fame trophies, Right, you're still in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: As far as I know, Yes, Is he still cool?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: Would you still like a musician? Would you still like to have a beer with Dave Grol even though he had a discretion? Yes, Okay, Dave Growl, I'm sorry, He's still cool.
Speaker 5: Not cool.
Speaker 1: What he did not cool? He did not cool. What he did he fought.
Speaker 2: If you don't know, he fathered a child on a wedlock, and he's been in hiding since, as.
Speaker 1: I call it hiding.
Speaker 2: I saw one picture of him coming out of a Spirit Halloween store or.
Speaker 1: Something like the guy's that left his house. He's buying costumes too hide maybe so okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, he was buying. It's buying a mask so he could go out in public. It's probably the only time he went out Halloween. Dave girls fifty six and Jason Bateman is fifty six today, so same age, same birthday. Would there be two cooler guys to sit at a table and have a beer with than Dave Grohl and Jason Bateman. Now you walk up to ten people on the street, you ask him who's Jason Bateman? Is it Marty byrd of Ozark? Is it maybe horrible Bosses? Or is it Michael Bluth of Arrested Development? Where would most people know Jason Bateman from.
Speaker 1: She's Just a bunch of random movies. He's been famous his whole life. Yeah, his sister was.
Speaker 2: His name is Michael from Arrested Development. That's right, I really first met. His sister was much much more famous before he was famous, even though he was a child actor. His sister, Justine Bateman was huge because she was on Family Ties with Alex p Keath, right, she was the sister on that show. And then he just just blew past his sister and he's super famous. Now would there be two cooler people to sit down with then? Jason Bateman and Dave Grohl at a bar and have a beer with Those two dudes would be fascinating. Those dudess would be fascinating to talk to. And their birthdays on the same day. Do they know each other?
Speaker 1: They have to.
Speaker 2: Jason Bateman knows everybody, Dave Grohl knows everybody. There's no way that these two guys haven't come across one another. Yeah, I love absolutely, Those two dudes would be awesome. Jason Bateman also has a podcast right now, Who the other two guys?
Speaker 1: Will Arnett and I can't rememberho the other guy is, but they basically they would just bring in a random guest.
Speaker 2: Will and Grace guy, Will and Grace, Will and Grace guy over the top gay guy Will and Grace so Will. But he's really funny. God is he talented too. I've listened to him. It's hard to hear three people interviewing somebody.
Speaker 1: Sean Hayes, yep, Sean Hayes.
Speaker 2: It's I've listened to a little bit of their podcast and three people excited about somebody. And I'll tell you specifically what I was listening to. They were interviewing John Williams, who's done all the music for Jaws, Star Wars, Close Encounters.
Speaker 1: Indiana Jones, Everything Right, Superman. He's done all of those songs that the theme songs that you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's John Williams, and they're all free interviewing him, and it just a three on one is a tough interview thing for me to listen to. It's just as me thinking of how you don't want to step on one another. They're good, they compliment one another really well. I imagine their interview or them just sitting around riffing and talking. Because they're such good friends that probably is easy to listen to. I don't think the interview format works. I don't think they need to do it. So it's called smart less and yeah, it's with those three. But the whole bit is that they just bring it.
Speaker 1: Like each of them.
Speaker 3: They take turns where somebody has to bring in a guest and the others don't know who the guest is until they walk into the studio. They're like, oh, hey, and I got Maya Rudolph. We're gonna talk to Maya Rudolph for an hour.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, happy birthday to those fellas.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of birthdays that are represented on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: You can go and check that out.
Speaker 2: Cash it's called alternative income a chance to one one thousand dollars. It's a national contest and one of the things the key phrases I'm using this year.
Speaker 1: Is get involved.
Speaker 11: Listen ninety four or five The Buzz says, your chance now to win one thousand dollars an alternative income.
Speaker 1: Just answer this nationwide g word on our website.
Speaker 11: Bay that's pay answer it now at the Buzz dot com. For years shot at one thousand dollars an alternative income on ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Easton's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: All right, I hope you're getting after that alternative income guys, And uh, don't worry if you missed it.
Speaker 1: Big Jeremy Benson, he's coming.
Speaker 2: He's coming up after ten o'clock at ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten. That goes all the way to five ten with Teresa. You got a chance to win a thousand dollars. So we want some local winners on this national contest. So, as we like to say around here, get involved. All right online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five The Muzz. All right, you were talking about this earlier, good one. I wasn't paying attention, So this is like I'm gonna be hearing it like like for the first time.
Speaker 1: Okay, you tried it. Did you try to tell me what you were doing today earlier? Why would you go early?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you need to me excited about Sometimes you need me to like pull something up.
Speaker 1: I need to bring up some audio or something. Look at it today. I'm gonna go look at it today. Pretty good? Today's a well is official stick reviews?
Speaker 5: You are?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay?
Speaker 2: I remember now you're Is there anything better than when you're just outside and you find a good stick, like, hey, this is a cool stick.
Speaker 1: Look at this. He looks like a hammer. This one looks like a gun. I want a cop.
Speaker 2: I want on a couple of hikes when I went back home for Christmas and I found a wonderful walking stick on one of my hikes and I used it all the way up the stairs. I went to Devil's Hole in Niagara Falls, used it up the four hundred and some stairs.
Speaker 1: Had a wonderful stick major day, didn't it.
Speaker 2: There was a couple of guys coming up. They were going to just start the hike, and I'm like, hey, great stick right here if you want.
Speaker 1: To use it. And I left it there just like a gift. It's like a dude thing. But this is non discrementay. Women are in on this too.
Speaker 2: If you see a cool stick, you can video yourself. What's up stick Nation? That's my favorite thing. Everybody says, what's up stick Nation? And then they show their stick.
Speaker 1: I found this stick.
Speaker 3: I'm out here in North Carolina. I found this stick and look, it's all curvy. This is pretty cool. It looks like a Harry Potter one do. And then they give a review of it and then that's it. Then you can send it to these people and then they post it and it's awesome.
Speaker 2: What were your thoughts when I know we talked about it on the show the stick went into the.
Speaker 1: Toy Hall of Fame. What were your thoughts on that? Because I was for it. Yeah, I'm probably pro stick that the hours spent with stick. Yeah, stick as stick can be anything.
Speaker 2: It's a classic toy, a bat, Yeah, to be a gun. Okay, so you were good with cam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be any of these things.
Speaker 3: But these are just a bunch of people that are talking out to Stick Nation and showing you cool sticks that they found.
Speaker 1: And I mean, there's nothing cooler than the cool stick. So go check it out.
Speaker 2: See some stick reviews at the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Stick Nation is funny. Yeah, like seriously like saying that, like it's a real thing. That is funny.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Lincoln Park and lost Rod Ryan Show on this Tattuesday. We got Coheed and Cambrio tickets taking back Sunday on that bill September eighth, seven one three years the call, We're gonna leave you with those tickets on know the show coming up ten percent chance of bringing today, twenty percent chance tonight cloudy skies highs up around fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Does any current member.
Speaker 2: I'm asking this ab Alex all right, does any current member of the Rod Ryan Show have a hobby something that you would call a hobby, like we talk about radio wizards. Yeah, scuba, that's a hobby, right, Yeah, even though it's an activity, it's a hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wouldn't say we all have hobbies. What is Chili's hobby? Cars? He likes working on the cars, that truck, that thing that he calls Betty White's finding cars. He likes fixing them up. He doesn't fix up cars. He likes going and hanging out with his boys that are fixing up and talking about cars. He smokes cigars. Is that a hobby? You can consider it a hobby. What's my hobby? He said? We all do you like organizing stuff and stressing out other things? It's not a hobby. That's like you like to cook. Though I do think you like to cook.
Speaker 3: You don't always cook, but like you do get excited about getting to make certain stuff like seventeen bean soup.
Speaker 2: I think you're excited about that. I think cooking is definitely a hobby. It's something you have to do a lot of times. But I think if you take you take joy. And hey, look, guys, they brought this in.
Speaker 3: Even though you don't ever include us in that sometimes, but like, hey, I made this, I brought this meat loave.
Speaker 1: I don't think will you guys eat bean soup?
Speaker 2: Tesla I used to bring Tessa and I are thing was when we made food, Tesla would cook.
Speaker 1: I was surprised Tesa, and Tesla's.
Speaker 6: A good cook.
Speaker 1: I just assume she was poisoning me.
Speaker 2: She would her and I it was our little thing, and we did it right in front of you, guys. If I had extra, couldn't hurt.
Speaker 1: I made some of this.
Speaker 2: Hey, I brought some in because I know she'd eat it. I feel like if I brought in seventeen bean soup, your skinny ass wouldn't eat it.
Speaker 1: I like soup. I don't think you'd eat it.
Speaker 2: I love soup chili gets cooked for miss Christina. My soup isn't as good as hers, so that's why I don't even give him any food.
Speaker 1: She's a better cook than all of us.
Speaker 6: I mean, look at this body. Was built on rice and beans.
Speaker 1: Food, chili. What's your hobby?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 8: Is he?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like cars?
Speaker 2: I mean, you have like this truck that you've been restoring or getting restored, and I know that you roll up your sleeves and help out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Is that a hobby?
Speaker 6: I mean nah, because that's just something that I wanted.
Speaker 10: I've always wanted, like a Diesel truck, and that one's the one that I got, right.
Speaker 2: But as far as hobby, I don't think I have one president of the Tom Selleck fan club.
Speaker 1: Hobby that could be? Yeah, hobby?
Speaker 6: I mean watching TV shows? Is that a hobby? Sleeping?
Speaker 1: I put this up. I mean I have a couple of motorcycles. Is that a hobby?
Speaker 6: You can hardly ride them?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I know motorcycles are a hobby for a lot of people. Like video game is a hobby? If you have a boat? Is that a yeah?
Speaker 6: Video game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get like it's something you like to do.
Speaker 2: I guess it's a hobby in your spare time and a lot of people, it's a pretty loose thing.
Speaker 6: I feel like a hobby is supposed to be for relaxation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and rot doesn't relax, That's right, I said, stressed out, stressing out.
Speaker 6: Well, he's cooking, he's doing five other things.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you gotta have the You gotta have machines running and putting together lists of like what is going on?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got to get a load of clothes in at bare minimum. Now what what I have a dream of is buying a big magnet attached to a rope and throwing it in the buy you and maybe like getting a few metal items, Alex, I wanted that to be a hobby.
Speaker 1: Is a hobby of yours? Magnet fishing?
Speaker 3: I mean it's not because I haven't done it. I bought like a seventy dollars magnet fishing thing. It took four years the year.
Speaker 6: Is there not gonna buy you near you, Alex?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: I got one near me. Bring it over right, all right?
Speaker 6: I put this up.
Speaker 1: I put this on early this morning. I put it up on Facebook.
Speaker 2: What is a seemingly cheap hobby that quickly becomes very expensive to continue doing.
Speaker 1: Trip close. Every single thing.
Speaker 2: Was mentioned by our listeners. I'm just gonna say everything, including gardening. Okay, Like okay, gardening, come on seeds and some soil.
Speaker 1: That's not expensive to start that way.
Speaker 3: Then you want to make sure that they live, so you gotta get the stuff that's gonna protect them. Then you want to get the stuff that's gonna keep the pests away, so you gotta get that, and then that's expensive gardening.
Speaker 2: The first tomato one hundred dollars, the second tomato also one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: There is no furred tomato. I mean, yeah, that's that's nothing. But it's a saving money, right, Yeah, I think that's a hobby.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's what happened because you can get like something that would be like two hundred dollars for like ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Diana says anime figurines. Now, this is supposed to be what is seemingly a cheap hobby that quickly becomes very expensive.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying.
Speaker 2: Boating that you went into boating thinking it was going to be cheap. Is anybody thinking that boating is gonna be Oh that's.
Speaker 1: Just gonna be a little cheap thing that I do to build.
Speaker 6: The boat, probably like three hundred just to put kas in it.
Speaker 2: Kelly said, raising chickens are sea cars. Melissa said, okay.
Speaker 3: Chickens is a good one because you're like, we'll ever have to pay fags again. Oh crap, we have to take care of the chickens.
Speaker 2: Scuba diving was mentioned by James. He said, asked the radio wizard, He'll tell you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Coin collecting crow now, this one kind.
Speaker 2: Of shocked me. Jenny said, Crochet and knitting. It's a few bucks to get started, and then you start buying more and more and more yarn, and apparently.
Speaker 1: The yarn gets really expensive. You're like cool and start hoarding yarn. Ronnie says, apparently everything I do.
Speaker 2: According to my better half, Lego Lego are expensive sets of Lego. When did that happen on our watch? That a simple Lego set is now seventy five dollars.
Speaker 3: I was looking stuff for my niece for her birthday, and I was just like, maybe we get there's something else.
Speaker 1: It's not a Lego, because this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You're like fifty dollars for a Lego set no is and I don't do this economy.
Speaker 1: Is fishing still pretty cheap? I did that when I was a kid. Okay, I'm facing fishing. It is.
Speaker 3: I mean, you get a pole, you can if you dig up your worms and you go do that, then like it can be. But like if you're if you're buying special baits and stuff like that, that's gonna get you there.
Speaker 2: Fly fishing very expensive. I'm thinking of things that I did as a child. If I went and fished, I could get in and out of that pretty cheap, right.
Speaker 1: Just like fishing from the dock.
Speaker 2: If you're talking about going I'm not catching a marlin, I'm fishing. If you're fishing with worms, you're throwing some hot dogs out there trying to catch catfish.
Speaker 3: You can get your pole, You're good to go, just getting a couple of stripers. But it does the more you get into it, then dad definitely becomes more and more expensive.
Speaker 1: Is working on a hobby Yeah, like CrossFit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gyms, then you gotta go to Equinox, And then Equinox you're spending like one hundred and ninety dollars a month to go work out with pretty people.
Speaker 6: Well, that was your first mistake. You're looking for pretty people.
Speaker 1: Oh I wasn't well.
Speaker 2: People to do any kind of music is gets expensive. Anything you go down the rabbit hole of your hobby, and.
Speaker 1: That's every hobby, that's everything. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean because video.
Speaker 3: Games, you could do that too, and then but I want to get the coolest character, so then I got to pay for that, and then that costs more money.
Speaker 1: And I'm subscribing to this thing. Felix wins Facebook. Nothing fun is cheap. You're not wrong on that. This is what people are talking about on the rod Ryan Show Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's show sad effects include mood swings, mood Swings, MOS ninety four five, the bus Nickelback. Would we say fifty million albums sold? Talking about them earlier? Fifty million albums sold? How many albums? How many millions of albums?
Speaker 1: For Three Doors Down.
Speaker 2: Total fifty total thirty thirty thirty and the black album from Attack at thirty.
Speaker 1: Thirty or thirty one million? Yeah, I don't know. We started talking about album sales. Guy, I'm I'm mixed up randomly today on the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, I hope you're off to a great start to your tet Tuesday. I told you we got some tickets coming up for you on No the show, So don't go anywhere. We have Claudia's guys today we have ten percent chances of ringing.
Speaker 1: We have highs of around fifty seven. Do you have I just saw this. You have Amazon like handy, but you do? Will it just log you on? If you just log onto Amazon real quick on my phone? Yeah? Will you look at something for me? I just want to see if this is something, maybe just something that I picked up.
Speaker 5: What you need?
Speaker 1: I picked up a Rufus.
Speaker 2: I got a rufous r uf Us. Well no, no, just go to Amazon. And then is Rufus on your Amazon the top left? So Rufus hanging out.
Speaker 1: On the app. I'm not on the app. Let me see if I can do it on here.
Speaker 2: Rufus is on my desktop, says Hi, I'm Rufus a dog. It's some kind of a shopper assistant.
Speaker 1: AI. Nope, I don't remember Rufus being on I don't remember. I go to Amazon pretty much a lot. I want clippy. If they're gonna use ANYI anything, make it clippy from word he used to like knock on the screen. Hey you might like to capitalize that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, do not have this. I do not have it.
Speaker 3: I just put it up on the desktop too, and I do not heard the laptop and I still did not see it.
Speaker 2: So underneath the Amazon logo you have all same day delivery medical kit.
Speaker 1: Rufus, look at that? When did that happen?
Speaker 2: I have Ai Rufous hanging out on my Amazon page. All ye know that I'll see it, So I just typed in their detail helicopters.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else to say. I don't want to put like butt plugs in my thing.
Speaker 2: I can help you find information about helicopters, However, I don't have access to purchase options or pricing details.
Speaker 1: What do you even do? Rufus?
Speaker 2: But he gave me all of these links to remote control helicopters. That makes sense that there's a helicopter aviation headset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I can't fly it?
Speaker 4: Can I.
Speaker 1: Which helicopters are suitable for? Beginning?
Speaker 2: He gave me a lot of information about helicopters. Dude, AI, I know you hate all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hate it because we're teaching it to kill it.
Speaker 3: Dude, it learns everything we like everything we care about, everything, we want, everything we need, and then it's going to be like, hey, you know how we get these people.
Speaker 2: I've seen Terminator, man, I've seen Terminator too. You did this is we're going that way? Why did you make me pull up my Google Play Store today? Because you wanted to see if that if the red note app that people are downloading that they think if TikTok goes away, people are going to shift to that because it's like the same thing as TikTok.
Speaker 1: So you can pull up like the hottest apps um your store. I forgot what they like.
Speaker 2: These are the ones that are quote unquote trending, right, And it was number two in the Google Play Store.
Speaker 1: And then I just I'm like, oh what else? I don't ever like, I don't think about apps on my phone. I just don't do a lot of that. And then I saw chet gpt. Yeah it said installed.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you if I installed the chat gpt did it or was it just a part of an update that had put it in the phone. I know, like with new Apple phones, there's a there's a whole AI thing that comes with your phone.
Speaker 1: I have that one Okay, thank god, I have it on my phone. It was installed already. Yeah, they're already, they're already getting you. All right, you're not using any of that. We should stop using AI, guys.
Speaker 3: I know that it makes things a little bit easier sometimes, but no, they're going to kill us.
Speaker 1: We will all dive via AI. Something going to happen. I have Rufous shopping right now. Don't let him.
Speaker 2: He's gonna now he knows what you like. I have Rufous on Amazon. He's looking for a jet pack for us.
Speaker 1: I feel like such an old man, but don't do it.
Speaker 6: Get us.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna get jet packs for all of us. See now, I'm not going to use I'm not going to use it. Rufous. We're gonna jet pack in the work every month. I'm not buying it from Rufus. Rufous is my guy? Am I the only one that has I'm a clippy guy. Has anyone got Rufous? You got somebody else has to. I just thought it'd be really funny if it was just on your computer only. Yeah, I just saw it for the first time. AI is like, we know he has a radio show. We're going to talk about it and it looks silly. And then they got me the hooks. Yeah, they set the start, They set the hook and I took it.
Speaker 2: Coming up know the show. We got some concert tickets for you, Sit Tight Rock and Alternative Ver Houston.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. Last segment, l La La La La La La La La la La.
Speaker 2: Let's know the show, Coheat and Cambria taking back Sunday, September eight, seven, one to three Music Hall. Now it's just looked over it, But he said, I gotta don't worry about it. I got a question again.
Speaker 1: I wasn't worried about it. I wasn't worried about it. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Today we talked about and this is in the nine o'clock hour, we talked about two celebrities that share a fifty sixth birthday with each other.
Speaker 1: Today, Okay, I want you to name both of them. Yeah, this is easy. I name both of the celebs. Okay, I don't have a problem with that. Yeah, both of them. I said, what a great like sitting at a bar drinking a beer with these guys? Yeah, be awesome, very fun dudes. Seven to one three two one, two five nine four. If you know the show, the buzz is right.
Speaker 5: In your pocket.
Speaker 9: Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Bus Nirvana, Rod Ryan's Show wrapping up this tat Tuesday edition.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to the phones here, let's get a winner to face now time for I know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 5: La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rod Ryan show, what brother Rod? What's up? Who's this?
Speaker 2: Tyler?
Speaker 1: Tyler?
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: A little chili, but I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: It is a little it's gonna get colder too, Bro. I'm working outside, so keep me more. I want to ask.
Speaker 2: I want to wrap up this pole question that I've been doing before I get into another show. What's the best way to watch the Texans playoff game on Saturday?
Speaker 1: Is it at home alone? Is it at a bar?
Speaker 2: Is it with friends, maybe at a get together or not watching the game? What's your answer?
Speaker 4: You know, at home with the buddy and you know the kid you know they run around and go crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, a couple of people around watching the house. Okay.
Speaker 2: Thirty two percent of our audience says that I'll wrap it up after that. Alex has a question for you, my man. All right, let's get this guy out of here.
Speaker 1: He's cold. All right. We talked about two celebrities.
Speaker 3: They are both celebrating their fifty six birthdays today.
Speaker 1: Who are they?
Speaker 4: Jason Bateman and April Yeah, that is it.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, awesome. Agree with those guys.
Speaker 2: That would be awesome coheat and Cambria and taking back Sunday or playing seven to one to three Music Hall on September eighth.
Speaker 1: Dude, you watch you won the tickets.
Speaker 10: They're awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I love SEO three Music Hall.
Speaker 4: We saw my wife won the fruit tickets from me.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: It was awful.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a good one.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 1: You're never gonna see the food Fighters with that few people ever again. Ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nuts to think that they played that venue. All right, due congratulations man. Uh, good luck out there.
Speaker 1: If you're working out doors, Tyler, it's only gonna get colder, man.
Speaker 7: Just you know what to do A little panel replacement, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Speaker 2: So all right, brother, thank you, man, thank you. I appreciate you listening to the show. Hang on for me, Okay, love you, Tyler.
Speaker 1: Mean it when I say it. Yeah, Food Fighters seven and three Music Hall. That was a show. That was a show. All right, that's it. We got to get out of here. I didn't mention it.
Speaker 2: Today is National Dress Up your Pet Day. Oh I'm just gonna say sorry to the pets. They all look miserable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little jackets today, Chili. We're gonna do We're gonna do anything on socials for this. Let me always said, it comes up.
Speaker 2: All right, start looking, start scrolling in your phones, and then check back on our Facebook page. We're gonna want you to drop a picture of a picture of your pet dressed up and of course looking.
Speaker 1: Miserable, looking as miserable as possible, looking miserable. Listen, any picture of my Listen.
Speaker 2: I have the friendliest, coolest dog, and every photograph of her looks like she's been abducted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, she looks miserable, so that's just how she looks all the time.
Speaker 2: All right, fresh out of bed Head to head winner Sean Connery today, the first guy to win two games, the first guy not to be called a one pump jump in twenty twenty five. He's gonna go for win number three tomorrow, fresh out of bad. Head to head.
Speaker 1: We play every morning at six to twenty. Whirly whirly Warly.
Speaker 2: That was the guy that won the five game, Great job and everybody that played the five game. Whorley hasn't been on the show in years, man, so it was good to have him on. Everyone that played the five game, Great job. Who submitted today's tattooday Urban, thank you Urban, appreciate you number one link Today tomorrow we could play a game. We played the five today. It was at your suggestions. You have a game suggestion for me, let's play tomorrow. We could do that and then you know we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Would you look at me like that? Because are we inviting another listener to come down?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah we are.
Speaker 1: Do we need to do that today? And we didn't? Yeh's on us? Jay?
Speaker 6: Where are you?
Speaker 1: Oops? All right, we're gonna have to do it tomorrow. Oops? Yeah, you know what I forgot?
Speaker 10: We can set it today and then people just sign up, okay and then tomorrow we contact the person.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 6: Okay, that way they have a little bit of time.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's get a link up on links and guests, all right, and then it'll say, hey, would you like to come down and play Read my Lips on Thursday? And then you tell the people that they gotta be here, threaten them with their lives. Don't do that, but but they need to, you know, come down to the station. What time do you want people here to play Read my Lips? If we play at eight twenty on the air.
Speaker 1: Seven to eight, Yeah, just to make your life easy, to make sure that they're here. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're looking for another great listener to come down and play the game against Chili this week against Chili.
Speaker 1: So we're just going to rotate the twins. We're going to rotate you and your twin. That's fine, okay, fine with me. Damn, we should have put that up today.
Speaker 6: It's up right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people got to submit a picture and then just swear on their lives that they would they will show up else yeah, and man I will contact them.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, so you got that going up.
Speaker 2: You've got emailing me your game suggestions coming up, Big Jeremy Benson, he's going to continue with the alternative income. As a matter of fact, in ten minutes from now, he's going to give you a chance to one one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. We're back. We're back tomorrow. We'll do it all over again. Hey mm, don't sad? Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.