Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and name was dead once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here looking him near the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Indeed is point you're right, Kara y Hello, hit theboddy out here? What went on out there? It's thought of a bit of about sixty nine. I don't know. Easy him out there. Yeah, I'm woking right.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Oh, Readings. What I wanted to share with you today comes from Kieren and James. They had their sixteen year old son with them. Kieren and James used to live near the cash Whitna River. One of James is things that he wanted to always do was go back up in there. Because the cash cuts into the mountains, it has all these little finger valleys, and James wanted to do some prospecting. He wanted to look for gold. He had a metal detector. He wanted to maybe strike it rich, maybe find a little gold and have a story or whatever. And since his son was sixteen, they decided, okay, let's make it happen. Now, this is approximately ten years ago. If you google it, the cash Wit it's pretty rough. It's pretty hairy. Once you get back up in there. A lot of rocks in the rivers, there's a lot of whitewater and whatnot. So what they ended up doing was taking time and hiking back in there. That is a whole lot of bushwhacken. From what James said, it was one of the most trying adventures of his life. He said, initially he knew what he was getting into, but once he got into the tangles of the alders and the willows, it was just miserable trying to fight through there. So they make it up. It took a couple of days. They took their time. Karen was nursing a knee surgery from a couple of years prior, so they were taking it easy for her sake. James and his son, they were eager to get up in there, and his son wasn't too into it. I loved the outdoors, but he knew what they were getting into as well, and he wasn't looking forward to the arduous hiking around. They found some game trails. Some of it was made easier with the game trails and whatnot, but a large portion was pretty miserable, going a lot of rain. Initially, he said, once they got back up to these twin finger valleys, they were going to start up the one that was off to the left, but at that time it was just two dance. They went up a little ways and it was miserable, so they decided to go to the one to the right. Now, the one to the right had a fast flooring creek that was fed by the mountains. He said, the water was great. They drank the water. It was a good time. Once they got to the location, they were out there for four days initially. On the morning of the fifth day they were going back up in there. He had found some flakes, enough little flakes to really wet the appetite, and he wanted to get up to where he thought maybe there'd be some nuggets hiding out. So Karen waited at camp, bear guns and all that. They've been around the block enough times to know, protect yourself. James and the sun start heading up this creek. Now, of course, twenty twenty hindsight, Karen should not have been left alone. They know that him and his son hit up this creek. You got to understand exactly holy shit, twisted tangled mess crawling in through there. Him and his boy had on chest waiters. James was in the lead, and they get about a half mile outside of camp. He said the sun hadn't come up over the mountains yet, but it was still plenty of light. Everything was silhouetted, the trees and stuff were still dark. Initially there were songbirds. The rain wasn't too bad, but because of the rain prior to a lot of it was still seeping out of the mountains and making that little creek. They were going up ravenous at times, really rough at times, so they were poking in that out. They'd walk along the creek and then get up into the brush and go around the real rough spots where it was just whitewater. Welopping around as they were just setting up, because he was using his metal detector getting around the rocks and the creek and stuff, and he had got a signal he got a hit and he was like, all right, good, and he looks back at his son and tells him, hey, dig out my speede out of that bucket. It's the yellow bucket. And as he's talking to his son, he's looking red at him, and his son's just on the bank from the creek, like six feet away behind his boy. He sees something odd, so his son's facing him, going there was three different spades that James was using, so his son was like this one doing this number, and James isn't answering him. He's looking at him but looking past him. His son was holding the rifle. It was slung over his shoulder. James was doing his thing with the metal detector, so they're like okay. James was mentally going, okay, how do I approach this. I don't know what that is behind him. I don't want to scare him, but he needs to know, and he calls him over. He goes, bring that one, just bring that one to get him to come to him without startling him about what was behind him, because at that point James did not know. All he saw was something odd. He knew it didn't fit. He said, it was like a reddish brown color, almost like a Saint Bernard. So he gets his boy to come over to him and he says, hey, unsling that rifle. Unsling's a seven millimeter magnum, hands it to him. He goes, oh, is there a bear? His son starts looking off behind James. So this thing's behind his boy, and his boy's looking up and down and looking around for bear. Sign hens James the rifle. James immediately starts yelling get back. His son's thrown off because up to this point, his boy just handed him his rifle, and all of a sudden, James is yelling at the river bank. So his son was like, what's wrong with you? What's going on? His son is freaked out because now his dad's yelling. He's trying to figure out why is my dad yelling. James is looking back and he said once his son turned around and was on his shoulder asking him, and he James is pointing at this thing, and this thing was just ten feet behind his son, roughly barely obscured. Initially, once his son moved, he got a bitter look at it. He could see the eyes looking at him from the glint from the daylight. He said, the face was really obscured in shadow. But then it stood up up, he said. When it stood up, his son fell back in the water, startled, and was trying to run into the brush the other way. James took a couple steps back and told him stop running. Stop running. His son's soaking wet, the water's cold as shit. His son's halfway in the brush on the opposite side of this little creek, and his son is freaking out because this thing's standing there looking at him. And James's point in the rifle at this thing. He said it did not care, or maybe it didn't realize it had a deadly weapon point at that, because it just looked at him strange. He said. There was no overt signs of aggression. It was just standing there looking at them, and he started talking to hey, you need to leave, you need to get out of here. You're gonna get shot. He said, Initially he didn't understand what was happening. Then when it stood up and he saw its features, he understood immediately, Okay, that's a sasquatch, that's a harry Man again freaked out. He didn't know what to do. He was shaking, he was trying to collect his thoughts on what to do. Is now this thing is literally on their little trail that they had made cutting back up in there. He doesn't want to be there. His son's already trying to scramble across the creek. You know what I mean. He keeps telling the son, stay still, stay still. His son tells him, it's staring at me. Make it stop staring at me. It's scaring me. This is all chaotic, This is all happening like real fast. James takes liberty of putting in the rifle down to the bank and fires a shot. Once he fires a shot, this thing takes off like a bolt back the direction they just came up. James said that he never felt so dumb in his life because he just scared this thing in the direction of his wife, who's all by herself. Immediately, he puts the rifle up and fires off two more shots real quick, because they had a universal three shot. There's an emergency. There's a bear. Nothing about the hearing man, but still, they already always had it planned out. If you hear three shots, be prepared to something dangerous in the area. So thankfully they had that lined out between them before they left camp. So he immediately lets off the next two shots. In return off in the distance, he hears a single shot of recognition from his wife saying, okay, I'm armed. I heard you, so be it. So immediately they gather up their stuff. He leaves their stuff on the bank because they want to move faster right, So he gets the son behind him, tells him you stay close, hold on to my jacket. I don't want you out of my sight. I don't want you any farther than right behind me. So him and his son go back and it's not easy going. They got to do the same thing and reverse walking along the creek, then jump back up on the bank, cutting through the brush and all that stuff. It was not a skip down the trail. It wasn't like that. They get back to the area where they were camping, and they don't see his wife. James is panics tricken, and their son is yelling out mom. What had happened is from Karen's point of view, she hears the three shots. She said she almost didn't take it serious because the one shot was muffled, then the two were loud, but there were still three, so she just went with that, she said, as she was looking back up the canyon, trying to see what's going on, maybe here yelling, screaming or whatever, because again, they're about a little over half mile up in there, which in the big scheme of things, ain't all that far unless it's in the kind of train they were in now, she said. After she was listening, she heard brush moving hard like crack, a lot of noise, and she knew ain't no way her husband or her son was making that noise. So what she did was backed down by the river bank partial cut bank where they were at, which was about forty feet from their camp. She backed up and down by the river proper and was using the bank as a rifle support for her rifle. She had a three hundred wind meg. She was just sitting there with the rifle, just waiting for whatever's making and all this noise. The wind was in her favor because it was blowing right down into her face. She said, this think came out of the trees. Was looking around, sniffing at the ground, looked at all their stuff. She said. It was not rifling through, but moving stuff a little bit, just looking at this and that, just checking out the scene. And it came across where she was cooking. She had a little tripod, just boiling up some hot water for tea or whatever else, maybe some ra no noodle soup. There was nothing in that pot. But over on their little cookstove she had some I think it was like chili mac or something like that going for them, just ready to go. When they got back they could warm it up a little bit and eat or whatever. She said, it ignored the chili mac and was fascinated by this pot of water over the fire. Said it walked back and forth a couple times, was sniff in the air, grabbed a stick. This whole time she only saw it briefly, facing towards her. She said. The face was black, the eyes were beady, real big. She had no real guestimate on overall height. She had no clue. According to what James said, when it stood up behind this boy on the bank. He couldn't say for sure because it was on elevated ground, but it had to have been at least eight foot tall at least, and his perspective was off because he had the low ground right. So she watches this thinge grab a stick and goes over and is poking into the water with this stick, and she's just the whole time she's keeping that rifle on it. Karen said that when the thing realized it was being watched, it stood straight. She saw the hair along its back rays up right what was usually the watchers now being watched, and it sensed it. She said, it turned around and looked right in her eye, like there was no where is this person looking at me. It turned and looked her dead in the eye, right off the bat she's holding that gun. She said, it just looked at her, kind of curious. It turned around headed down river. She said about twenty minutes she stayed there. She was just in her hiking boots. She was up to her knees in this river water on this cutbank, getting cold. But she wasn't coming out of the water. So when James gets back and he's looking around panic and then she shows herself and comes out and they're all just standing there. She said that they were dumb bounded. They did not know what to do. She said, they gathered up their stuff and they gingerly took their time, found the spot and got to the other side of the river, which she said that they got wet because of the rushing water and stuff, but they felt safer across the river from this thing because it took off in the direction of their back trail from when they came up. James said, when they were on the other side, they had reached a point where it was real arduous trying to get through. They were starting to run into some devil's club and other stuff that was making it real hard to get through. They were right near the river edge, he said. As they were standing there. He said it was approximately maybe a mile from their original camp, because they came down about a quarter mile, found a space to cross, and they got one about another three quarters of a mile roughly give or take. They were at this impasse. They couldn't really go forward without a whole lot of chopp and crap to do. By the way, they only took what they needed. They left the other stuff right there on the river bank. It was retrieved much later. They're at an impass. They're right there at the river bank, so James says, We're going to have to go back across where we crossed and then go down the trail and just be ready and.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back. After these messages.
Speaker 3: They make their way back up to the crossing point. This thing is standing in the brush across the river from where they crossed, just looking at them. James said, it showed no sign of aggression. It was just doing its head like this. They got low and then all they heard was thrash. It took off back towards the direction of their camp, and they stood their shot listening to this thing move away at a very fast rate. They said about ten minutes they sat there. Then they heard this thing scream and it sounded like it was coming back up one of those finger valleys that he was either the one he was in or the one next to it. Once they heard the scream, they knew it was X amount of distance away, and they felt comfortable crossing back and getting out of there. I want to thank Karen for sharing her perspective. I had to be very patient with her, not that she wasn't forthcoming. It was hard for her because every time she relives it. She gets racked with emotion because in her mind, she was telling me that when she heard this thing thrashing back towards camp, and she knew it wasn't her husband or her son. The three shots. Initially, she didn't know if that was a warning or that's the only three shots they got and they're no longer with this kind of thing. She wasn't sure if they were killed or whatever. That twenty ish minute gap from it looking at her and leaving, she was terrified that her family was gone. So Kerr retelling me, it brings up that emotion and thankfully it appeared to be curious, which there's no expert out there to tell us what their intentions were or anything. But in all honesty, even James said it didn't show any adverse anger or aggression. It wasn't like I'm gonna get you. It was nothing like that. He did mention that since that time, and this is roughly a decade ago, he said, since that time, there's been a couple other experiences that he has had up on the Golcana and over by Tri Lakes, which south of the d Nali Highway, that I've got a bunch of encounters from that area. So I want to thank James. I'm going to thank Karen. I did not talk to their son. He's no longer in the state. He's living outside of Alaska. I don't think it's because of this incident. I think it's work related or whatever. But I'm going to thank them for reaching out, and thank you Karen for being willing to share, because obviously it was really difficult for you. What I wanted to share with you today comes from a couple of gentlemen. They wanted to remain anonymous, so I'll just call them the sightseers, the tourists. These two gentlemen, they had a friend of theirs out of Juno b. Lowan on a boat. What they did is they spent a week traveling around June to all the different fjords, all the different glaciers, and they ended up over by Bell Island Hot Springs, which is an abandoned resort down in southeast Alaska. When they were pulling into the bay there, there was a couple of kayakers on their way out, wave high all that nicey, nice stuff. One of the kayakers said, sound like the ladies screaming over there. But we couldn't see anything, and the people continued on. This was late summer land of the midnight sun. However, once you get past June twenty first, you start losing daylight incrementally. By mid July, let's say you're getting five hours of darkness at night, something like that. This was after ten pm when they came into this little harbor, this little bay where this abandoned resort is. According to what List is calling Michael, because he's the one that reached out, so we'll just call one other gentlemen, Michael. He said that they decided, because it was a nice quiet harbor, they were going to anchor out. They did so, and they were enjoying a couple of cold Bruis sitting on this boat. As the tide was moving in and out, they would swing around and they were just in their own little world, enjoying it. He said. Just as it was getting on into almost dark, that's when they heard a scream, and he said it was loud, it was piercing, it hurt their ears. He estimated it was within three hundred yards of where they were behind the resort, from where they were out in the bay, somewhere up on this hillside. Now they didn't know. They're like, okay, they yell out, hey, if you need help, say something, but dead quiet, not a noise. They heard a couple of floatplanes off in the distance over this course of time, but no one was immediately around them. They did pass a couple people further on out that were camping out towards the point or something along those lines. I tried to look it up, but which point. There's so many different little spits and stuff. But anyway, they were the only two there, is my point. So as they were sitting there, the stern happened to be facing the resort. They had an open view, and it's getting dark. The scream happens, and from what Michael said, something changed in the air. It went from jovial, enjoying a cold beer with your buddy, to all of a sudden, something felt ominous. And then they heard another shorter scream. Then they saw a movement, but they saw it right at the tree line behind this place, and they could not make out what it was, but he said it was dark. Whatever it was, it was dark because they had really been able to pinpoint for what this thing was moving. He said, they sat there and watched this thing and it went on along right along the tree line and out of sight, and they said, well, that was really weird. He said, it looked like it was walking on two feet initially, but they could not tell for sure. They weren't going looking. They drank some beers or anchored out. They're not messing with nothing. They got safety by distance and they're out in the water. So as they're sitting there discussing what the hellica be or whatever, they have some pretty big spotlights on this boat, but the boat has to be powered on otherwise it'll drain the batteries quick, so just keep that in mind. They're sitting there and they hear the scream again. Then they're hearing the smacking sound. He said. It was this thing running back across, just into the open, just outside of the trees, and they heard its feet smacking the ground. He said, it was a real weird sound, like it was smacking in the mud, muddy grass or something. They could barely make out this dark figure moving across. They're like, damn, what the hell is this? So they sat there curious, talking about what it could be. The buddy he was with was like, that's obviously a bigfoot, and Michael is like, well, I never seen a bigfoot. That's just hokey crap. Right as they sat there, they drank a couple more beers. It was quiet for a while. Then they heard the scream again, and they heard splashing in water, and that they could tell it was somewhere between them and shore just by the sheer sound of it. So they decide, okay, let's fire off the boat and spotlight over there, because whatever this is sounds like it's coming out towards the boat. So they fire up. They have to watch their line and stuff, and they get the boat turned around and they beam the two little spotlights they had, and each one is controlled by one of those little arms like the copped cars. So he's operating one and his buddy's operating one. And Michael said he was beaming over towards the abandoned resort, just checking around that tree line, and his friend was aiming down at the water towards where the shoreline is, and he said his friend started freaking out, actually stumbleback, fell off the boat, immediately climbed right back into the boat and was yelling, it's right over there, it's right over there. Michael's confused because he's tending to his friend helping him get in the boat, and his friend was panic stricken anicked. Michael said, he's been buddies with this guy for twenty something years, never seen him that pale and freaked out, and his friend's pointing it's right over there in the water. So Michael's beaming around. He sees nothing's going back and forth, and about twenty five feet away from the boat, he catches eyeshine and this thing's looking at him, doing this weird kind of swimming motion. It's coming at the boat. So he starts freaking out immediately because they didn't have no guns or nothing. They had a flare gun and that was it. So immediately he's pulled the anchor. Pulled the anchor, Michael didn't even have to say that because his friend is already initiating the little drive motor to winch in the anchor. As doing this, it's pulling them closer to this thing, so they're in a conundrum. So what Michael says is stop pulling us in because at this point it's literally twenty feet away, roughly in the water, and they hear it making this weird noise, he said. He couldn't even put it in the words. He said, it sounded like a sea lion. Had he not seen its face, he would have assumed it was a sea lion coming over because of the noises it was making.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: So what he does is he puts the boat in reverse and drags the anchor, and he gains somebody forty foot distance or so. Right again, his friends starts wheeling in that anchor, and from what Michael said, he was really concerned that this thing was actively pursuing them. Even though he was doing this weird swim. It was dark, so he couldn't really make it out, but he said his head was bobbing a lot, had red eyeshine, The face looked black, the eyes looked black, and with the big spotlight he could see it clearly. He said. The hair was matted, looked like Neanderthal in the face, had big brow, ridge, real wide set jaw, looked like block teeth when it was taking breaths and stuff. As it was doing this weird head bobbing swim thing, he couldn't make it out because it was dark, but he said it was real odd looking the way it was moving, and he said it wasn't moving fast, but it was moving and it was coming towards him. As his buddy's really in this anchor. He sits there and goes, oh, because right there, hanging on part of the awning on the rear of the boat was this pouch that said flare gun. So he unzips it, pulls it out, pops one in, and goes, I'm gonna fire this flare, not at it, but up in the air and see if that brightness will distract it, scared away or whatever. So he does that boom, he fires that thing off. He said it was a lackluster flare because he said it must have went fifty feet up in the air, got bright and then he just went right on down into the water, which obviously it was a dud. Rounds, there was only four. There was one that was loose, and there's three others in this little folder. So he pops one of those out. He's distracted by doing this, so he's not really paying attention. His friend really in the anchor gets it in and comes back around from the bow and is saying, hey, let's go. Of course, Michael said he was clearly not paying attention during the course of all this shooting it up and it fizzling out, and him being distracted doing this thing. One hand was feeling around up on their boat, trying to find a place to grab on. His friend put it in reverse. They backed up, he said, about maybe another forty yards until he told his friend stop, you're going to run aground because the way they were backing up was not how you wanted to do it. Plus it was dark and they had no real good way to see except these beams. Michael had him stop, pull forward a little bit further out into this little bay and he starts beaming back and they see it. At that point when they stopped to being back and look, he said, it was probably between sixty and eighty yards from them, and was obviously heading back away from them. They got into about twenty ish feet deep of water something like that, and it decided, because they were going from calm water into more choppy water, and it was dark out, they were not the master navigators, they decided to drop anchor there. He said. They weren't pursued any further after that done other than noises, and they heard screams throughout the night, he said, up until first light there was a scream maybe once every hour to two hours, depending and they varied in intensity and loudness. He said it was one of the scariest moments when he didn't even realize this saying had covered that distance while he was dicking around with this freaking and the flare gun. Luckily, his buddy was paying attention, because he said when he noticed, he saw the big hand and felt the boat tilt a little bit just as his friend hit it into reverse. Damn lucky. Where do you run when you're on a boat? Where do you run? Jeez? That would be some freaky stuff. I want to thank Michael for sharing that experience. This happened not quite ten years ago. I want to thank him for reaching out. He's in the medical field. He's a doctor, and he was very insistent that his name not be used because he's still practicing and all that kind of stuff. And I told him I wasn't going to use the name. If I did, I'd make it up. So he's Michael. This is yet another person who reached out because of a subscriber to the channel got a hold of them because of what they shared in the past. I sincerely appreciate it a lot of these stories going told. Michael said that had he not been prompted and checked out the channel and saw how many other people were having different experiences up here, he said, he probably would have just took that to the grave. His friend wouldn't even talk about it after that night. He tried to bring it up socially, hey remember that crazy night Belle Island Hot Springs, and his friend would just be it was a beautiful place and would not elaborate on what they done out with mentally picturing having this wanching in of this anchor and it's pulling you towards the danger. That just would not be a fun evening. I want to share with you today comes from Allen from Montana. Love to fly fish. He had heard stories about trout, gray owing, and Dolly Vardones all that in Alaska that were as big as your leg. So for a good ten years he saved money to go on his dream float trip. He wanted to go somewhere remote. He didn't know where at the time, but he knew he wanted to be remote do some flyfishing in Alaska. He wanted to go where the goods are, where the good sized fish.
Speaker 1: Are, and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Unbeknownst to him, he didn't know where he was picking, but he picked Little King Salmon River, which his tributary to the nu Yekuk River. It's very remote, not very many people go there to fish, but that's where he picked. He hasn't been back to Alaska since or in the outdoors. So to thank Allen for sharing to begin with, because it's been about a year trying to get things together about this encounter, because he had lost my contact info, had stuff going on in the background, and finally able to get back a hold of me.
Speaker 1: But anyway, stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it. He was going to pay a charter service fishing group a lodge potentially, and he saw what they were charging and was likeez, So he took a couple of years to plan his own trip and save a substantial amount of money. Downfall is he would not be with a group. He would be dropped off by himself and picked up by himself once he reached the New Yakuk River. That was his overall plan. So his plan was to take a couple of days to float the Little King Salmon River down to the New Yeakuk, hang out on the New Yekuk until his I would pick him up. So he got flown in by float plane, dropped off at a small lake that's part of the Little Kink Salmon River. And so where he got dropped off, he had to sit there. The pilot stayed for a little bit, helped him and floated his little floats was basically waiters connected to a floaty, and that's what he chose to use. No judgment, I personally liked to not be a victim of the current and him having the legs down in the water. That's a long time to be in cold water. Trust me, Even with the neaprems and all that stuff, it's still cold as shit. But anyway, I only had it figured out. All he had with them was a backpacking shotgun, a single shot. It was a single shot twelve gauge, and he had three fifty seven mag This twelve gauge sat right on his float right in front of him. Had one of those pouches for his flies, had a sage rod seven footer. He had basically a backpacked double bag with a bunch of stuff that he basically just kept on his back the whole time he was floating. Now, if he had wanted to, he could have floated down that thing in no time, within the time of an afternoon. But he was taking his time, and so he would get to a spot it was nice. He would pull himself out of the water, shed the low floating and fly fish, and he was loving it. He was catching rainbows, catching dolly vardens, grailing, He was loving it. He wouldn't keep any of the rainbows, but he would keep some of the dolly vardens for pan fryars and whatnot. So the first four hours were great. He was loving it. Sometimes he would smack a horse fly, use at as bait, catching grailing and whatnot, just having the time of his life up until he saw something across the river. He was standing in some shallow water near the gravel on this bake, and he's looking south across the Little King Salmon River and he notices what he thought was a tree stump, thinking nothing of it. It was out of place because it was a big tree stump. But there's no big trees around. It's all just brush, willows and stuff, right, So he looks at a little bit and then he hears a raven making raven noises, which, if you don't know what a raven sounds like, they sound like crows. It's a larger crow, same family, but much bigger, making all these caca noises and all this and that. So he figures, oh, there's a raven over there. Maybe that's where it's nesting. And that's why I'm hearing this noise because he's not seeing any ravens, he's not seeing a sign of any raven. All he's hearing is the noise. So he's got this weird tree stump raven noises. No big deal. He continues doing what he's doing. Now he gets onto a fish and so he wades out into the water up to his knees. He's about eight feet from the opposite bank. As he's sitting there fighting this fish and rearing it and letting it play itself out, and just as he was getting it up close to him to get a good look at it, it was a nice rainbow. He said, it was probably about a twenty inch rainbow. And he was just like, oh, I got to keep this. When was what he was thinking. As he's getting it close, he has this little net that he keeps on a sling. He's scooping down and as he's sliding the net down into the water, a rock hits it. Good sized rock hits right dead center the net and pops it right out of his hand. By happenstance, hit the line too, broke the line, so he loses his net from the rock. The rock in the net hit the fish on its way down. Bus knits loose from the hook, and the fish is gone and his net is now at the bottom of the river. He's confused as shit because he's focused on the fish. All he's got on him. The twelve gage is right over there, about twenty feet away, he's got three fifty seven. He's basically more focused on this net that he's about to lose. He's upset that he lost the fish. He's so enthralled in what he's doing he doesn't realize a rock just knocked your freaking net into the water. And as he's bumbling for it, it's all on him because it all happened so fast. Right, where's this rock come from? So he immediately spooped. He sits up, stands up fully all the way and is looking around and he's not seeing anything, so he retreats back across screwed the net. What the hell's going on here? He's continuing to get his line in on his rod and he sets it down, and he's looking around and he's trying to figure out what just happened. He's replaying it in his head. And Alan said that's when he looked up and saw the stump was now directly across from him. Looking at it, he said, it was like a grizzled black little bit of brown spotches here and there had primarily a black looking face, thick eyebridge, and the hair was missing from around the eyes up to under the nose and around the cheek bones.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: It looked like severely worn black leather, real wrinkly. He said. The eyes he couldn't really make out, but they looked black from his distance in his respective and it was back lit by the sun up in the sky, so he was getting a sheeted look at it. He could see the glint in the eyes from the daylight. So he stares at it a minute. Holy, what the hell am I looking at? He said. That's when he made eye contact. Is when this thing started ripping brush. Moving back and forth, ripping brush out of the ground, started making all these weird noises. He said it sounded almost like hyenas. He compared it to a video he saw on hyenas and African planes and they're all making this barkin yappin kind of noise. He said. It was eerily similar to that, but different. It was a lot lower in tone, but that was the closest thing he could compare it to. He said. As it's doing this, he is already over sliding into his tube thing because he's by himself. He grabs his shotgun, trying to put his rod away. He's trying to focus on getting his stuff together, and this thing is like maybe thirty feet away doing this walking back and forth. He said. It was about eight and a half foot tall, about roughly four foot wide. He said it wasn't overly tall, but it was robust. It was real thick, he said. As he was getting into his waiter stuff. Because there was nowhere to run, all he could do was float away, and that's what he was working. Can you imagine you're by yourself is his choice, but you're by yourself. You got this stuff happening just feed away from you and you're trying to get neoprene waiters on it. I'll pass any day, I will pass. So he works hisself into it. Meanwhile, he's got the single shotgun next to him. He's got three fifty seven out next to the shotgun, and he's looking directly across from him as he's working this stuff on. He gets it on, he's got his pack on. He's doing something with this rod because he's he put it back in its case. Now the nerves of steel it took to do all this, And I asked him. I was like, I don't the hell did you have the fortitude to sit there and do that. He was like, I didn't have a choice. He said, where was I going to run? My only out was water. I wasn't gonna out hype this thing. I wasn't gonna outrun it fair enough, But that was his mindset at the time. Alan very smart guy, former law enforcement, works for the Forestry Service as well. He had heard stories in the past down Oregon, Washington of sasquatching counters and stuff, but they were always spotted and they walked off. Versus what he's seeing in front of him, this sink throwing a fit, ripping vegetation out of the ground and making all these weird noises. He said it was upset at his presence, but it wasn't aggressively. It could have easily jumped right over and snatched him up, but this thing was staying on that bank, ripping stuff and just throwing a fit. He gathered up his stuff, he's got it on. He put the three fifty seven right in his vest for easy access, and he's got this single shot twelve games. He said he had never use a single shot gun ever. Again, he walks down the bank into where he can get into the water, and so he does so, and as he does, this sink stops ripping stuff up and is standing still watching him. As he's starting to drift away. He said, the further he got, as soon as he was almost out of view of this thing, it would catch up and just stay within view, almost like it's yeah, I got to you keep moving. This is what he was picking up from it, like it was escorting him out. So this goes on for a little bit, and he's focusing on this thing and what's going on, and not all the stuff, the vegetation around him. He's just not paying attention to it. He's got a focus and it's over there, and it was just tearing shit up, he said. As he floats down, he gets to a point where he's not all that far from the mouth of Little King Salmon River to where it meets up with the nu Yekuk River, which is on like a horseshoe bend, and there's a bluff off to the left hand side as you come out of the Little King Salmon River, So he could see the bluff little ways in the distance, and he could see the denser vegetation that he's coming up into a batch of trees off to his left, and thicker vegetation on the right, and it just gets denser and more and more stuff's hanging over the river. So he's really feeling claustrophobic as he's getting closer to this point, he said. As he got where he stopped focusing so much on behind him, he felt like, Okay, I'm out of the area. It's no longer showing itself. I'm good. He has the shotgun laid on the little floaty and he's got the three fifty seven in his hand, and he's literally coming down from the adrenaline dump. He's shaking. He's trying to focus. He said. He kept getting this tunnel vision and like everything would look surreal. He was having hard time keeping track of his thoughts. He said, his thoughts were all over the place. Just basically panicking is what it boils down to, let's be honest. So as he's going along, he said, off to his right hand side, he sees this thing again and it's standing there and he can't tell what it's holding, but it's holding something. And he said, as he's getting closer, he's at this point, he's got the hammer cocked on three fifty seven pointing in that direction, and this thing's just looking at him. And it had some form of stick in its hand, he said. Because of the vegetation, he couldn't tell if it was broken off, if it had been sharpened, he wasn't sure. But this thing raised it up like it was about to chuck it at him, and he let two shots go.
Speaker 2: Bim.
Speaker 3: He said, it dropped the stick and took off away from him in the brush out of sight. Said he's pretty sure he hit it. He didn't want to shoot, but the way it was lifted up that stick, it's go time, he said. He was panicked. He could barely touch the ground at this point in the river. So he gets over to where he's just tippy torn along, trying to twist himself and keep a line of sight in the direction because he just shot right. So he's twisting around when he's trying to correct way using one hand. It is wishing himself around in the water, listening. His ears are ringing a little bit from the gunshots, but his adrenaline is pumping so hard he's barely noticing it. But he's hearing movement, and it's from the direction this thing took off, but it's now going off to his left because he's facing the opposite river bank, to the south side of the river. He's facing that and drifting parallel in the river, facing that opposite bank where this thing was just standing right. He said he heard it moving and just was like, oh man. So as he's floating, he pops open his three fifty seven, takes out the two empty cartridges, reloads it with two fresh ones, shuts it. He has some one hundred and eighty grain wade cutters. If you're curous. There he sat holding this three fifty seven. He said he wanted to use the shotgun, but it was just one shot. Instead, he just held the three fifty seven for more shots. Right, So, he's panic stricken. He hears this movement. He's trying to figure out what's my next move and he has none. He's got to float it out. There's no one else from who. At one point he did hear a floatplane, but it was so far out of view that he wouldn't have gotten nothing. He couldn't have flagged it down or none. It was just a tiny speck and he could hear the me. Yeah, he wasn't getting nowhere with that. He gets about another bend in the room, and all of a sudden, there it is again in the brush. It was lower this time, and the brush had that stick again, and it was about to do the same thing. He lets off three shots this time, he said, the first time he shot to hit it. The second time he shot was to run it off, because obviously his first two shots didn't do shit, and he just wanted to keep it off of him till he can get into somewhere more open, because at this point he's in dense vegetation on both sides. I've been up in that area. I know what it's like in those narrow creeks and rivers where his vegetation is damn near right on top of you on each side. It's just very claustrophobic, especially with what the hell he was dealing with. So he shoots the three shots very near it. It takes off again. It did not drop the stick this time, it took it with it as it tore out of the brush. He's listening and again he's got the ringing going on from the shots, and three fifty sevens it had a four inch barrel is real snappy when you shoot them, and so he's struggling with the ear ringing and trying to listen and track the direction this thing is moving, and he really can't. He said he was really wanting to run out of his skin and he couldn't. So he continues floating down in As he's going, he hears something and he's trying to figure it out, and it almost sounded another floatplane, and then he's trying to listen, and again the ring's going on. So he's having a real hard time with all the vegetation and the way the sound's moving. A room of endpointing the direction and Finally it becomes clear it's an outboard sound going towards the nu Yahkuk right, so he's of thank god. He slips the three fifty seven into his vest where he can easily grab it if he needs to. He slid the shotgun barreled down in between the waiters and stuff so it wouldn't fall. So he's running with this tube around him in the water, pushing through, just trying to get closer to this outboard sound. He finally gets up in the room is just clearing the trees and a thick vegetation. Hadn't seen anything since his second shot.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see right back after the East messages.
Speaker 3: When he gets around the corner, here comes a couple of locals in a skiff, real narrow, wouldn't skiff. They almost didn't see him. He jumps up and then one of the guys turns around to the guy in the back and they slowed down. They go past him a little ways. Guy pulls up the kicker so he doesn't ground out. They start floating back to him and the guys are like, hey, what are you doing out here? And he goes he tells him, hey, I was dropped off. I was floating this. They're like, you shouldn't be out here by yourself. He gave me the guy's names. I am aware of the family. So they help him into the skiff, and they could tell he's obviously distressed. He's pale. They kept asking him, are you okay? Are you okay? And he's trying to talk, but he's so overcome with the relief that people were there. He kept choking up, trying to get it out. As luck would have it, this thing screamed off in the distance. Native boys immediately recognized. They dropped the kicker, boot fired up and they go back down. They take him to the New Yekuk and then they take him up the niw Yakuk about a mile because they were gone for their white fish net. They went to their net site. They were asking him, hey, what's going on. You're with us, You're safe, we got better rifles, We're good. Don't worry what happened. He explains everything to the boys and they got in there. Don't ever come out here alone. We don't even feel comfortable with two of us. So Lesson learned on that. Because it's on the New Yakuk River. I would say ninety five percent of the encounters that I've heard of involved people having to use firearms to keep these things back. My own experience included also Allen, I did reach out. I could not get a hold of the family that you were speaking of. There were two brothers that picked him up in the skiff. So ione to thank Alan for taking the time to reach back out and get the information to me and chat with me. I appreciate it. Thank you guys for joining me. We'll catch you on the next one. They say, shoot, gotta go home, but you.
Speaker 1: Can't stay and I don't want.
Speaker 3: To be a long world open.
Speaker 2: Chid.
Speaker 3: This chart, that chart, everything can ride back, ride back and the joy for.
Speaker 1: Me joy stay right there, coming right away. Stacie still still start stas st st st st st still games and statesssts things stems