Speaker 1: Leonard Cohen sang about it, Hallelujah. Harry Underwood sang about it, Jesus take the wheel. But what happened last night and continuing to today could not have happened except for divine intervention.
Speaker 2: And it occurred.
Speaker 1: And of course I've not slept since I got up yesterday morning about seven point thirty. I can't sleep. I'm taking water. I'm doing my best. I'm gonna crash at some point. I'm running on adrenaline. But the man who delivered Ohio, the man who campaigned in all eighty eight counties, the man who beat all the experts in the pros, the man who won a Republican primary against the Rhinos, and the man that's going to go to Washington representing you and I is Bernie Marino of the Cleveland area. I love Cleveland at this point temporarily. And Bernie Marino, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Bernie, here we are the afternoon after And can you tell us your feelings when it became you're going to be elected to the US Senate. I know I sent you a text? Was I the first one to call you? Senator Bernie Marino?
Speaker 3: That was with my family and I had I had my siblings, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm one of seven.
Speaker 3: I have my four kids, my three grandkids, my son in law. So it was just great moment. It's a true honor.
Speaker 2: Bill. You're gonna remember.
Speaker 3: I'm a kid grow you know, born in Columbia, South America, moved here, was able to open a tiny little car dealership, and here I am representing the people of Ohio and the United States Senate. Just an overwhelming honor, truly honored, and just I'll say this to every one of your listeners, whether you voted for me or not, I will be the Senator for all of Ohio and I will work tirelessly to help make your government better for you.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: And I agree divine invention happened last night, because divine intervention created this country, and we're going to restore this country to its greatness.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get started.
Speaker 1: Why Shared Brown is the Democrat evyweight champion of the state of Ohio's beat everyone, including a Mike DeWine. He beat Mike DeWine like a red headed stepchild. And I think it was twenty oh six and I was in Mike's office after that happened in the Capitol. I mean it was ugly. It was how did this happen? Shared Brown, undefeated, untied, unscored on in politics for more than half a century. Why did you win?
Speaker 3: Because people weren't buying his crap anymore. Sharon had been talking about work, helping the working man his entire fifty year career and doing the exact opposite where he was actually in office. So he was all taught, no action, and people just got sick of it. They saw what they saw. They saw the last four years where they couldn't afford basic necessities, you know, fast food, going out to the grocery store was terrorizing when you got your bill, your rent, your property taxes, your energy costs. And then yet they had Shared Brown making the corner someone of his campaign that I'm a bad guy and he wants to be able to kill babies indiscriminately, And the people just said, look, that's just I'm not buying it. They saw somebody who wants to serve this country, who wants to make their lives better, who was going to work with President Trump to restore American greatness, and they want to change. I mean, there were just sick and tired of these career politicians that do nothing. And last night Ohio spoke with a singular voice to reject that.
Speaker 1: In fact, he wouldn't debate. There were others that he didn't want to confront. He wanted to hide behind these Well, it's five hundred million dollars, the most expensive Senate race in the history of the world and the history of America was here in little old Ohio. And they knew he was at risk. They had a lie about you to win, and the lies didn't work. As a family man with children and grandchildren and one of a large family, and he called you everything but a white man, and it didn't work. The politics of personal destruction that the Democrats always engage in seemingly didn't work this time. Shared Brown called you to concede, and how if he did, how was the conversation.
Speaker 3: He is not called, he is not called. I think is deeply disappointing. You know, you know, it's interesting the party who said that we, the Republicans, were a threat to democracy. You have Kamala Harris that hasn't had the class and the dignity to give closure to the selection has not even addressed the American people and conceded the selection as a total disgrace. It's why these extremists are all about projection. They're the ones that don't believe in democracy. But look, we're not going to be divisive. We're going to unify this country bill because we're going to get success. And when people see that, our policies make their lives better, when they see a secure border, energy dominance, low prices, low interest rates, piece of stability around the world, safe communities.
Speaker 2: Good schools. We're going to deliver that, and.
Speaker 3: The American public is going to come together and reject the extremism from the other side. But look, I couldn't be more proud of the campaign that we ran. We did not engage in personal attacks. We engage in the campaign that pointed out this record. This is what the guy voted for, and if you agree with it, then you should continue to keep him in office. If you disagree with it, give the outsider a chance. And they did, and I'm truly honored for every single person that supported me.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine your first speech in the well of the United States Senate, those desks when you sit at a desk there they have a little plaque of all the senators that have set at that desk before. And there might be a desk there with four or five of the giants, so to speak of the Senate. And you're going to sit at a desk and there sets a kid from Columbia, gonna sit there and look at those names. On the left side of the desk is all those names that have served. And when you think about the magnitude of Bernie Marino and what you did, the magnitude of this to what credit do you give? Shall I say, the apparatus of government? I talked a lot with those in your campaign, look a lot with Alex Trentefilu, the chair of the party. I know you were close to JD. Vance, But has the moment reached your heart and soul yet? As to the chore that lies ahead for Bernie.
Speaker 3: Marino, absolutely, I mean it is a absolute honor, but also just an incredible challenge to make certain that I rise to this moment to make Ohio proud, to make this country proud, and get great things done. Look, I want to bring this country together, Bill, because I uniquely understand how special this country is. You know, when my mom and dad decided to leave Columbia, South America to come here, this would have even been in their wildest imagination. No, I love this country. I love this country, and we need to have people in Washington, DC that not only love America, but love Americans and know that it's their greatness that we need to support and defend and protect.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: This will be a great honor for me to work for the next six years to move this country forward, and for the people who didn't vote for me, I will work tirelessly for you as well. We're going to bring this state in this country together.
Speaker 1: In the first two years. You know, the pundits that are wrong. I love the posters. The Polsters were unbelievable. You know, Bernie Marino's down ten points, fifteen points. They spend five hundred million dollars to smear your character and that it didn't succeed. The first one or two things you're gonna do. What are the one or two issues you're going to focus on in the Senate.
Speaker 2: We're going to secure a border.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make it crystal clear to the entire world there's one way to come to America, which is by invitation only on our terms, and if you're here illegally, you're not going to be able to stay here because at the end of the day, this is our home and we're going to protect it and we're going to defend it. And we have to be a sovereign country. That is absolutely key, and that will happen right away. The second thing we got to do is we got to lower the cost of everything. It's too expensive to live a normal life here in America, and we're going to work to make our government spend a lot less money and we're gonna have an energy dominant superpower in America and that will make the lives of Americans better and that allows.
Speaker 2: Us to lower interest rates.
Speaker 3: So just we want to be able to have Americans live a good, working class life, be able to make ends meet, save a little money, take a vacation periodically, and be able to retire debt free. That's the goal for us in the next six years and makes certain that we make that happen.
Speaker 1: As far as lowing costs, number one is energy and that's an important aspect. How do you, I know, the last year or two, the strategic petroleum reserve has been drained to keep prices down until the election. There's literally billions and billions of bearers of oil that Joe Biden, Kamala Harris took out of the spr in order to artificially keep prices low. In the last few weeks that's gone up fifty cents. It was scheduled to go up a dollar or two. And so in the short term, you can't turn on the spicket immediately, but the strategic petroleum Reserve has got to be stopped draining. That that's for like a real crisis, not a political one. So can you give the American people, Bernie Marino, a couple of things to lower cost that would have an impact, say in the next six months.
Speaker 3: Well, just lowering the regulatory environment, making certain that there's clear, transparent regulations that don't choke businesses.
Speaker 2: That helps a lot.
Speaker 3: But the big thing, Bill is if you send a signal to the markets that you're going to unleash American energy, increase natural gas exploration, oil exploration, you're going to put a moratorium on closing coal, fire plants, power plants. All those things send the signal to the market to lower future costs.
Speaker 2: Of energy.
Speaker 3: So we can make a difference in that right away, this is going to be America will be an energy superpower. There will not be a nation on Earth that rivals America when it comes to energy.
Speaker 1: Bernie Marino, congratulations. I can only go back in time a few decades and as your family is immigrating from Columbia, if somebody you told your mom or dad, see the little kid right over there, see a little Bernie.
Speaker 2: He's going to sit in the United States Senate.
Speaker 1: He can't be the president much like Arnold Swarzenegger because you weren't born here. But that guy right there is going to represent eleven million citizens. He's going to stand in the well the United States Senate. That little kid right there is going to do that in America. What your mom and dad would have said, If God Omid would have said, look at Bernie, think about the ark with they have said, yeah, yeah, that sounds right. No parent could have thought that correct. What would your mom and dad have said?
Speaker 3: My mom and dad would have said that everything and anything is possible of America if you can dream big enough and work hard enough to get it. My mom and dad believed in the greatness of this country. It's sad to me that they're not here. They both passed away, but they believed in the true greatness and not only this country but the people, and that they loved it beyond anything I've ever seen. And I'm going to honor their memory by making them proud.
Speaker 1: Both your mom and dad know what's going on, and they're so Proudno, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Bernie, thank you, and congratulations. Let's continue with more. It's unbelievable. And the life that he has lived up to this point is typical of the lives led by so many other Americans who find the possibility of manifest destiny. And it's in this country right now. And I would hope at some point in the near future of the mainstream media and the Democratic Party that controls all the institutions in this country would look back and say, we have to correct what we're doing. We can't be advocates for the left wing and for the fascists. What we have to be is care about the greatness of our country. And I hope, I hope NBCCBS, ABC, PBS, the newspapers can recognize they got to slap in the face, grow up and understand that there's a whole bunch of Americans out here in the hinterland that live a life you know nothing concerning, and don't preach to us anymore. And get on board, Get on board, let's continue. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW