Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We let you tako one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right. Before we get into this last idiotology, another friendly reminder. If you want to have a say and you say it, we play it. Please do so jr. Facebook page before nine o'clock, tell us which collective soul song of the three see listed there we should play the one with the most votes.
Speaker 3: Will do just that.
Speaker 4: Your choices are where the river flows the world, I know or gel somebody votes, it's gonna win.
Speaker 3: Kim Dracula tickets jr.
Speaker 2: Facebook page for that. All right. Those of us who own Roku streaming devices, you may find this interesting and perhaps irritating if you are part of the select test group of users that have been put through this over the last few weeks.
Speaker 3: I haven't noticed anything yet, so.
Speaker 2: I generally have a favorable opinion of Roku and their devices and the variety and you know price points they offer for your specific streaming needs.
Speaker 3: Agree.
Speaker 2: I do have a problem with this though. They're testing auto play ads that you are forced to watch can't fast forward before you can even access the home screen, so you turn the thing on and you're hit with ads. And we know sometimes that happens when you go to websites or whatever, and you can usually just skip right over and get to the the entree. No, no, no, no. They want to see how it's playing with Roku users across the country and some test groups see if they're noticing or not. Oh, they're noticing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I say, Hello fire Stick.
Speaker 2: Well you have similar issues over there, although not before you get of the home screen. I mean there's on the fire TV platform there's stuff garbled all across the top that there's nothing you can do about. But you can still go right to your your home style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, it can go right to YouTube TV or Netflix or whatever I'm choosing.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't sound like those users who have noticed this and have piped up about it are exactly over the moon being forced to watch advertisements for stuff that you can't fast forward through before you can even get to your home screen to decide what you want to use, and then be subjected to ads. We'll see if they move forward with this or not. They haven't said yet whether they're going to abandon the idea.
Speaker 3: I think you may want to do that else.
Speaker 2: It certainly sounds that way. United States Postal service worker accused of stealing one point six million dollars in checks from the mail to fund his lavish lifestyle post a workout of Washington.
Speaker 3: D C.
Speaker 4: Is he doing the old one where you hold up the letter to the light and look for the check in it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure if he's going that route, but he probably is very well versed in what US Department of Treasury envelopes look like and what's inside.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, he's.
Speaker 2: Been a pinchion nose for quite some time to fund his his lifestyle, which includes exotic vacations, expensive purchases, and many a trip to quote unquote gentleman's clubs.
Speaker 4: In his little postal suit. You think he's wearing the post office uniform in there.
Speaker 5: Orm Hey, I got ann beloved for you to lick, and he's making all the postal jokes with her.
Speaker 4: How about you on zip code my pants, my little blue shorts.
Speaker 2: This guy scooped up one point six mil before they before they figured it out.
Speaker 3: Here's the question.
Speaker 4: How did the people that it was their checks not complain and then get to this sooner than him get into almost two mills.
Speaker 2: You know how bureaucracy goes man, especially when you're dealing with the FEDS. If stuff isn't working like it should be, you can call him complain and bitch and moan, and a lot of times you just get sent into a black hole and until you really see an overwhelming example of something is completely wrong here. Sometimes things aren't quickly taken care of.
Speaker 4: Pet I mean, he has a specific route, so the IRS or the government would be getting calls from right in that area.
Speaker 3: I think they could.
Speaker 2: They have to see the red flat, which is exactly what ultimately did this guy in. And then they started drilling down, looking in to see what they could find out when they discovered bank surveillance footage of him making deposits and withdrawals using the altered stolen in an altered checks to fund his own activities.
Speaker 4: Wow, should have stuck to grandma's check for five dollars. Had a lady bust out a check check book in front of me the other day in public's it already took her. It wasn't the person checking at her out's fault. It was her fault. She's got way too many items in the fast lane, for one, and I'm not being the old man bitch. And I was just like, okay, I don't care. She's a nice little lady. And all of a sudden she starts questioning, well, that one said it was three eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Can you go?
Speaker 4: They went, let me look, and then then she breaks out the checkbook. I almost, in your words, I almost stroked out right there in the line.
Speaker 2: You know, with the old checkbook thing in the grocery store line. It's not so much that I'm against someone doing that. If the store's going to accept that method of payments, okay, well the stores created. If you really want to be mad at someone, it would be the store for allowing that kind of payment. I personally would accept him if I ran a store, because I think you're cutting off a certain portion of your audience that's still stuck your potential customer base. But what really gets me is the waiting until it's completely done to even take out the check pook. Yeah, why not just get the thing out and feel everything out except the total?
Speaker 5: Already have publics written exactly, Just write the total in hand. It over be done, And I'm almost sure. Did you know that you can? This is almost sure, Bob, So don't quote me on this.
Speaker 4: I think that she was able to write the check for more than it is, just like you would do with your debit card.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can do that, really? Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I learned a lot about checks that day. I really wish I hadn't I Oh god, I want did they get the price check? Was she in the right on the price check?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was so pissed because.
Speaker 4: Pat I almost got in the other line, and I watched people that would have.
Speaker 3: Been behind me in that line walking out of the door. And I'm still waiting on an old checkbook.
Speaker 2: Sally there, Hey, want to give you the heads up to watch for this. Just watch this, and this is how things get going.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know the movement in the UH to to demonize plastic bottles, right, plastic water bottles and whatnot. Look for this story that will start circulating about scientists making a stunning discovery about the health impacts of quitting drinking bottled water.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, now it's gonna be Now, it's gonna be bad for you if you stop drinking it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they want you to stop drinking it, because that's how that they're explaining, that is the reason for most people having small traces of plastic particulate in our systems. They're saying, that's that's the number one source of where it's coming from.
Speaker 3: The number two.
Speaker 2: Sources heating stuff up in plastic bowls in the microwave. That this is not coming from me, It's coming from the scientist.
Speaker 3: I bet, I bet Zephyr Hills really likes this story.
Speaker 2: To fix this, what they want you to do is go back to drinking tap water, which we were told is just horrible for you. But they've they've found the compromise in that filter your tap water and quit your plastic bottles. That's that's watch You'll see this story. You'll see this story popping up just about everywhere you look.
Speaker 4: Use a cup plastic it's steel. But heye, steals bad for you too. Somebody said, why even get out of bed in the morning? Really, I mean, come on, hey, come on, this will get you. Speaking of publics, how's your parking job or perking lot paint job?
Speaker 3: Looking? Oh god, the working lot paint job that one wife.
Speaker 2: On a Saturday night in the public how's that.
Speaker 4: Doing Saturday late evening. I just looked at it the other day. I mean, besides where Bob's.
Speaker 2: Wife paid a total stranger four hundred and fifty bucks to do a paint job in a public's parking lot at as the sun was going.
Speaker 3: Down, and it actually looks good.
Speaker 4: I mean the part he had to redo and and spray it again because it turned blue and it's.
Speaker 3: A white car. But after he did that, it looks.
Speaker 4: It looks good for you know, a public's parking lot paint job. But it's a except for the one part of blue that it wasn't pointed out to him.
Speaker 2: So totally legit, totally follow those
Speaker 4: Rock station