Speaker 1: What's up, guys. This Taylor Gooch. I got on today with For the People. I really wish I wasn't sitting in my hotel room doing it. I wish I was having a little bit of that brown juice behind pg's head with the both of them. Yeah, it was a blast and we'll have to do it again soon and we can't let that happen.
Speaker 2: We just can't let that happen on this podcast because we are for the people.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: The guy's a hell of a player, beyond nails. That is the hardest part three of the PJ Jordan.
Speaker 2: It's a hybrid three iron or four iron every day.
Speaker 3: It's for the people.
Speaker 4: You're the last group off off a split tea horseshoe on number ten and you do a happy Gilmore.
Speaker 3: What the hell's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, So this is another episode of FTP. We've started here we are recording. This is Taylor Gooch. Taylor Gooch. She won last week in Australia Adelaide on the Live Golf Tour. This is his second year on the Live Golf Tour. He is now in Singapore, thirteen hours ahead of us. So this took an Elisha Tiger in an Oklahoma State cowboy, three separate tries to get the time zone situation configured directly. Here we are. We've made it. It's for the people. Taylor Ridge, Welcome to FTP.
Speaker 1: Man, Thanks for having me. This is the Oklahoma State Matt. When you go, you know, around the world, it gets a little bit tough. So sorry for the challenges there.
Speaker 2: That's all right. I actually shocked that we actually did figure this out as well. Who did it? But the first thing I want to ask, all right, me and Colleen Coleeen's been at a happy hour for I don't know, like not a happy hour, happy.
Speaker 3: Day, more than an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Clean's been at a happy day. Jealous, I've been at a happy day as well. You're in Singapore, so we wanted to know. This is this is what I wanted to know. And I just prefaced you on this earlier, the live golf situation. I mean, we Clean played on tour. I played on tour, You played on tour. We all paid for our own stuff, right, we all paid for our own hotels, airfare, food, caddy whatever it was like, And you just said it's the only tour in the world where the entertainers paid to entertain I love that quote. What's the situation with Live on paying for your stuff? Do you pay for your stuff? Do they pay for your stuff? How's it go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean no, since joining Lived the only uh travel expenses, any expenses I've paid for have been at the Matrix. So yeah, no, they cover all expenses. Yeah, it's it's crazy man. It's uh, there's a lot of speculation, a lot of people, you know in the Twitter world, if you will that, uh, you know, I actually saw someone earlier. It's mind blowing someone earlier, and I think it was someone like with a golf digest or someone that should be an actual like Legit Publication was doing a podcast and they were like, you know, I just I think the home one Chase Keptkat made. I think it was stage. I don't think it actually happened. And I was like, if that doesn't like embody all of the quote unquote misinformation, uh within the live world, I just you know, it's just crazy man. But no, to answer your question, yeah, we all of our expenses are covered. It's almost like we are actually playing a sport now. And Derek Novitsky and Lebron James aren't paying for their hotels and flights and all their expenses anymore. Dude.
Speaker 4: That sounds like the guy that like when they landed on the moon, people are like this shit is stage like that ever happened? Fake news? Fake news on the moon landing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine Lebron? Like Lebron, you know you got to pay for you tell He's like, bro, we're at Motel six tonight. If I'm being if he's paying for that, He's known he won't even pay for his Twitter check.
Speaker 3: I think Elon gave him one fat Well, I'm not paying for that, man, Dude.
Speaker 2: That's the thing though, It's like you you play your whole life, and you grind through high school and college golf and you work your ass off right, and then you turn pro and all of a sudden, like you might be a first team All American, but you're you know, you're immediately trying to pinch pennies right out of the gate because you have no money. Like that doesn't happen in either sport. That's why, like FTP US at FTP, we've been on board with Live from day one. Dude. I was like Colleen was even like, dude, I would I would pay them to let me play, you know, because I mean, what's the last place you go shoot? You go shoot eighty five three times and you make a fifty grant, you're an actual pro athlete. Like That's That's what people don't understand, I think is the spending on the PGA tour. I think my best year in twenty fifteen, I spent like three hundred and fifty thousand dollars just to plenty. Like you and you know that, like that if you were playing, I don't know what you what you spent you know your what were you on the PGA tour two or three years, three or four years? You probably spent between two fifty and three hundred and fifty thousand dollars just to do your job, Like that's unheard of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and it's always like a challenge because it's like, you know, you you want to it's like any business, like you want to not overspend and you want to spend properly. But the same time, too, does it do you shoot sixty seven rather than sixty eight if you're staying at the Ritz versus the Hotel six? Like you know, the comfort of being on the road and that added value of being somewhere nice eating good food, you know, you know, just all that it's it makes it challenging as far as like all right, you know, I mean there was like I just told you, like, you know, I'm not on hotels dot Com trying to find the best value every single week. Now, I'm not going, as you know, spending We're not spending one thousand dollars a night on hotels every week. But you know, I I'm staying in more comfortable places, you know, And there's just something that inherently makes you more comfortable when it's not coming out of your pocket. And it just to me, I feel like it helps to me play some better golf. That's one least thing I got to think about focused on worrying about, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what I got a question from a buddy of mine here in for Worth, and he was wondering about the winners on the Lift Tour right so far and they haven't necessarily been winners on the PGA Tour before. So you have, like Danny Lee yourself, you know, Brooks has won twice. Okay, Brooks has won twice. Is kind of the anomaly. But for the for the most part, almost all of not all, but almost all of them besides Brooks and Chuck have been first time winners. Has a pro whether or not that's PGA Tour or lived. And he was asking me why I thought that was and I thought I told him, I said, it's because they have a lot less pressure on their plate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I mean there's no doubt like like yeah, like I said, you know, DJ and Cam and Brooks, like there's been guys that have won on live that have had ultri success everywhere. But yeah, I mean, like Charles Howe, who is an incredible golfer as we all know and has played had an incredible career. You know, some would argue he hasn't won as much on tours what you would expect, but you know, there is a something that's like a freedom about being out here and being able to just solely focus on your game, like solely focus on you know, shooting the low score you can. And you know, that's one of my kind of topics of discussion is like like dude, any like do you want we'll use Lebron? You know, like, do you want Lebron having to think about different things, you know when it comes to basketball, or do you put twelve different people in place to handle and manage those things so that he can focus solely on his training, so he can focus solely on the film, the game film, like, so that he can be the best player you can be in And that's what I continue to say, is like liv is doing an incredible job of putting us in a position so that we can play the best golf that we can play. Which that's the product, Like, the better the golf is, the more enjoyable and more exciting, more enticing, it's gonna be for the fans, right, And so that's what they've done a great job of, is you know what, we're going to handle everything, do everything for you so that you have no excuses to go play great golf basically for real.
Speaker 4: I mean that's that's spun on, dude. I mean, it's you're right, It's just like every other sport right now. It's like, I mean, major League Baseball, hockey, I mean, whatever, football, the whole deal, you show up team even college, dude, Like college is so regimented now with football, like even in home games are not even allowed to stay in their own freaking like house or whatever. It's like they're going to the guests or whatever, the host hotel. They're all dialed like it's all about the sport that week, and then you get after it and then when you have free time, you have free time.
Speaker 2: But that's it.
Speaker 4: I just looked up your tea time for this week. Bro, that's pretty Nail's tea time. That's the that's got to be the premiere, premiere setting or whatever.
Speaker 1: Hey, we don't have tea times out here. Remember this, what do you have?
Speaker 4: Oh shotgun hold ship with the go to be one. It's not one, it's not it's not thirteen c.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: It's freaking out it be Toward the start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was funny. It was funny at August the maybe it was Saturday morning, I can't remember, Gus. The week was just chaos, but uh yeah, so Saturday morning we finished our second round Saturday morning and we were about to everyone that made the cove was about to start the third round and Zak Johnson was on the bike in there and there's probably called it twelve or fifteen dudes in there because we don't know what our tea time is, but we know it's gonna be between like you know, ten thirty and twelve thirty or whatever, so we kind of have a you know, you have an idea of when you're gonna be slotted. And so the tea times came out and Zach was on the bike and he's like, all right, who wants the other tea times? And he starts like pinning and he's like, you're at you know eleven with stone stone, stone Stone. He starts pouring everyone and there was like three or four of us lived dudes in there, and uh, and then he's just like he gets to like one of the live guys. He goes, oh, and all you guys, you always try a gun in that too, like just you know, just joke around with us that it was it was funny. And then like five minutes later, like y'all know how like that in the trailer, like the TVs are usually going with some sports center on or whatever, and he was like, I'm tired of listening to sports because they were just talking you know, live BJ tour typical stuff. And so he's like, let me get on the Knox and so he's trying to figure out on his phone, like how to get the music going? Like five minutes later, you still and figured it out, and I was like, is Zach? I was like, if you need help the music thing, us live guys are pretty good with that, so we can help you with that. So it was funny. But yeah, we always say like because we still catch ourselves saying, hey, you know, when are we going off tomorrow? It's like, oh, no, we're going off at the same time. It's just which team are we going off of now? So it's funny.
Speaker 2: So is the Do you think that the college golf When you played college golf, did it kind of compare to live a little bit because you didn't have to worry about when you played in Oklahoma State? All right? I mean I visited Oklahoma State. They didn't want me because I wasn't good enough. But Oklahoma State you don't have to worry about shit other than getting the ball in the hole right and that. Then you turn pro and all of a sudden you have to worry about all this other stuff when you're playing on the PGA Tour. But when you join live, did it kind of bring you back to your Oklahoma State days where you didn't have to worry about anything.
Speaker 1: Golf, Yeah, I mean there's no doubt. That's like the closest comparison. You know, you're out there and you're trying to do your do the best that you can for yourself obviously, because there's you know, you don't you don't want to lose, like you want to go, you want to play well, we're all competitors. There's so much on the line. And then also with the team aspect, that's like, you know, there's nothing better than playing for your team, playing for your squad. I mean, I grew up playing a bunch of different sports and I love the team aspect of other sports, and that was such a you know, a change to go you know, really your whole life, even with golf, you know, you know, for me, it started middle school, Like when I was in seventh grade. I was the first time I was like on a team, right, So like seventh grade until you know, when I was thirteen, until I was twenty two, you know, ten years straight. It's like I'm on a on a team and we're you know, playing team golf every week. And then you turn pro and it's just yourself and so it's just you know, for me, that was obviously one of the driving factors of the siding to go to live was, Man, this is if this team stuff takes off, which you know, I think there's a chance that it will. Like that's fun. Man, that's that's different. And like this last week in Adelaide, the first round, it was the first time we had done this where the team captains all played together and then the rest of the groups were three the three remaining teammates were paired together. So the first round this last week, I played with Thomas Peters and Harold Barner and man, it was cool. Like Thomas was was struggling, and it was kind of one of those tipping points where you know he could have thrown the towel in kind of thing, and you know, just having your teammate there with you having something more than yourself to play for. You tell he dug deep, you know, you could tell he wanted to snap some clubs and wanted to kind of just ship it. But you know he kind of sacked up Dug Deep, and you know, grinted it out for trying to, you know, help the team out and help lift everyone up. So you know, the team aspect is that it's the closest thing to college sports and college golf is as you know, we've had.
Speaker 2: That's cool, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, h we love HB three, Like he's obviously we know him and he's he's not on this pot before. But yeah, like you feel you feel like more accountable for like the team score, you know what I mean. It's like like how many times have you played event Like you're playing like shit or whatever, and you're like, all right, like I'm not mail it, I'm missing the cut, not mail it in. But you're just hitting some shots you never hit, like it doesn't really matter. You just you don't want a WD but you're just going for it. But yeah, I mean it's like you don't want to let the guys down. You're like, I want to see I want you know, they're going to see what I got or whatever to try to finish this round and shit, then he can help out the next one. Thomas Peter is a little different situation like top fifty player in the world type thing, but it's pretty that's cool, man. You feed off each other too, I'm sure. I mean that's just like the way the college golf, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the I was wondering about this, And so when you play the BGA too, when Clean played the VJA to where I played the VH or you have a direct deposit set up, all right, and you have it set up to where you get paid the Wednesday after every tournament's over Wednesday morning, bam, you should hits your account every week? Is it the same on LEB Do you get paid like the next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I was checking my phone on Monday because I'm like, I want to see that thing hit, and yeah, no, it Monday after the direct deposit hits. It was a little bit disheartening seeing forty seven and a half percent because they're all filling taxes not enter the account. So yeah, that was a little disheartening, especially coming like a week after Uncle Sam had already paid another visit for last year. So yeah, but no, it comes, it comes, you know almost it Sometimes it's like forty eight hours, but it's usually twenty four hours after it direct posit hits, And yeah, it was, Uh, it was a it was a big one this last week, but yeah, it was. It sucked that forty seven and a half percent was with held for Australian taxes.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, dude, So you're talking instead of four million dollars, you get a wire for like two point three and then you got to pay federal taxes in the United States now too.
Speaker 1: Yeah that uh. Hey, I'm by no means complaining, but the four once you cut it all up is let's just say it's a lot less than four uh on on the back end of it. But hey, I'm not gonna complain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, just right right off the jet fuel. You'll get it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Hey, the range goes finished second too. Se y'all got a little the healthy little extra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was nice to get a little bit of a little bit of team budget money, if you will. It was immediately so a couple of teams that have played well, Like some of the first things they when they you know, got a little cash flow was you start getting some team gear, like like uh, the guy who basically the principal of the team, if you will. Uh, on Monday, it was like, hey, we're going to get some new club gloves and some new like travel gear and this and that kind of like you're talking about like college sports, college golf. He uh, He's like, you know, which one do you want? This? That we're gonna get you know, logoed up and stuff, and so we're all pumped to get some you know, club gloves with some rangecoat gear or logo and and stuff. So yeah, uh it was. It was a good week for the range gooats.
Speaker 4: Bro I would want like a I would want like a platinum diamond range go golf bag and make my caddie drag that ship around like I don't carry only a club. I got a Southwest Adams golf club glove. Like that thing's pretty dialed. It's like stood the test of time.
Speaker 1: Give me that.
Speaker 4: Give me that freaking range goat's like chain or whatever you got. That's pretty good, man, I like, I like it. You look forward to that. You're like won the money. You're like, God, I can't wait to see kind of club clubs and area we got, right, give me some maybe some platinum t s PD just to hit, just to hit off of the kicks.
Speaker 2: I mean, you did rock like the license play the license plate size range coats. You know, Shane, he was he was blinging out after you while I was like, man, I respect, I got to get the dude on the pod.
Speaker 4: I'mbing a grill like just fucking just a dialed grill, just like a range Coats grill that you just rocked through the airport security. Don't worry about it. But real man, like a rapper man, just feel like a rapper going.
Speaker 2: Through and then you look like a rapper too. Like that's so we had we had hud We had hud Hudson Swafford on. I want to say that was when was that, Colleen? Probably like October? It was right before he announced he was out for the year, so you know, it was wrong before the National Championship.
Speaker 3: But Hud twice, dude, haven't We had hudg twice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we had him on when he was on the PGA Tour. Then we had him on when he went to Live and it was right before Georgia and TC played in the National Championship.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was talking ship like.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. And then and he was out for the for the live season. But you are are you are only are You are our first live golf winner that we've had on here. So uh how much? So we asked we asked Hu this question too, and it was a kind of a sad answer. Was I was very I wasn't surprised, but I was, like, man, that is shitty that there are that many people that like defriended you almost because you went to live. Do you have you had have you lost relationships? Have you had things change with your friend group since you went to Live? I mean it's been two years, so it's probably not as bad now, But immediately, like right afterwards, was was weird?
Speaker 1: Man for me, not really now. I Uh, I kind of kept to myself on tour, man, I didn't I didn't have I kind of joked with my buddies back home. I'm like golfers aren't really cool. And so I didn't have like a whole bunch of friends out on tour if you will, Uh, like I, hey, we're as you know, like everyone's cool, like we all get along and stuff. But there just wasn't a bunch of dudes that like I'm going to dinner with and whatever. Like I had a handful of my dudes that I was tied with, like Harold and you know Max Homa, uh, and you know handful of others and like, man, everyone's been been cool. Like no one no one has given me crab, no one has like shunned me, hud is he's kind of like the worst example of that because of the that click out there they they uh man, they treated him like crap. Man. I felt terrible for him, and I yeah, I mean it sucked for him. And you know, there's you hear a few of those type of situations, but he's kind of been the worst case, uh for that, and it's because you know where he lives, I mean, with Davis Love kind of you know, being the mayor of Sea Island, he kind of rallied the troops, if you will. He was obviously everyone knows he was so vocal there at the beginning of all this, and you know, that's been kind of the sad part of this whole situation is like people have put pressure from high up on the players and in some ways to kind of pick and choose sides, like when in reality, like everyone is winning because of this new situation, like everyone they're the only people that aren't winning are a handful of executives within the establishment. And then you know, depending on how the majors continue to act and decide their pathway through their tournaments, like the fans might be the only ones also not winning in the future. If the majors you know, decide to you know, continue to rely on the owgr for you know, getting their their filth, you know, full of guys. So anyways, like it. That's been kind of the sad part is some of the some of the division and some of the pressure. I mean, there's been I won't name names, but there's been some dudes that have decided to not support charities, foundation causes of some of the live players because these players sponsors and and you know, some of these guys have you know, basically said if you go and do this, we we can't support you anymore. So that that's that's been the part that's been to me. It's been like the craziest. It's like, hold on a second, Like this guy is raising money for a great cause and doing great stuff within his community, and you're getting pressure from your sponsor to not support that. Like that's what makes the PGA tour great is all all the good that they do and all the money that they raise is like, you know, to help support local communities. And a player is still doing that, just not on the PGA tour now and you can't support him through that. It's just that's the part of the kind of gets me, especially now having like my wife and I Star Foundation a couple of years ago, like having that and seeing how much worked and sweat and time that goes into that, like and then like our peers are now being forced to not help us with that. That that's part that's been really really shitty. I think, Yeah, that makes.
Speaker 4: Sense, dude, Yeah, I mean it's well, the hypocrisy is like off the charts for all of it too. It's like, oh, I'm not going to support this, but I'll support that, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It's like a bunch of shit. I mean for real, especially.
Speaker 4: When you all I mean raising money for charity. I mean it's like, for God's sakes, how much how much more respectable can you be?
Speaker 3: Like someone's not going to someone's not going to support that.
Speaker 4: I mean, my god, yes, it is what it, dude, tell us about this course and uh so like PT have you been to PD almost got kicked out of Malaysia for being himself.
Speaker 3: But PA to Singapore before or no.
Speaker 2: What with Singapore. I've not done the Singapore situation, but Malaysia is not far I don't think I'm I'm no geography expert, but I don't think Malaysia is far from Singapore.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And Malaysia was very second world when I was there, it was. It was a second world country. I think it still is. We had a police export everywhere we went. I ended up bringing like six or seven fake watches back from this And it wasn't like Chinatown. It's not like you bought these things on the street, like there were those guys. There were those guys that had them on the street, right, But there was this place that like they were like this way and like Jason, Me and Jason Gore, I'll never forget me and Jason Gore like walked through this back alley with this one Malaysian dude and we went we went through this little door and then we showed a password to this one guy and he let us in. And then another guy let us into his back room. And these watches that I brought back, you cannot tell at all if they're fake or real, like I I have, I have two of them, still two of them, and these things are ten years old at this point. They still work great. Like they might be stolen watches, not sure, but they were. They were five percent of the price of a real one. I bought a I bought a one thousand dollars fake watch at thee.
Speaker 4: On someone's hand that was like cut off and then the watch was on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was styled.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I got down that rabbit hole, but but I'm sure Singapore had watch. I'm sure Singapore has those kind of situations if you want to. But no, this course looks awesome. I just looked at the live video of the golf course and they've mowed. It looks like they've mowed half the fairway in and half the fairway out. So it's it's kind of a cool, uh contrast of grasses there, Like it looks like a cool place. I mean, I'm sure it's hot a ship, but yes, it going to be a ton of people out there. And imagine Asia. Asian Golf's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the the courses, it was described to me, probably because this is my first time it was described to me previous to this week, is kind of almost considered like the Gusta of Asia, and and so it's like the conditions are immaculate, like it's it is just primo right now. Uh, And it's it's hard like it's there's a few fairways that go like along this like inner coastal that like there's no rough like on the shore like shoreline. So like yesterday or the day before, I hit a couple of te balls that I thought were good, Like they land in the fairway and they just keep bound bound, bounced, rolling and they go into the water. And because like you said, like half the fairways are into you have to away from you like mode, and they mow the the strip of you know, fairway that's closest to the water, they mow that down grain. And so it's like the balls are if they land down grain, it feels like it just keeps going and going and going and it goes into the water. And so it's it's, uh, you know, from a technical perspective, like the you gotta drive it well out here. So if you're hitting fairways, you got to you got a good chance. But you know, it's it's seventy four I think I saw it's like a little over seventy four hundred yards. I think it's part seventy one rough water. There's it's almost got a touch up at the of Hilton Head in it where there's some tee balls where like you gotta be up the left side because there's some overhanging trees over here. So if you can get off the tee pretty good, you know you're gonna be able to make some hay. But it's it's it's hard. I I don't foresee sixty two sixty two starting out the week this week like last week.
Speaker 2: Dude, let's talk about that twenty underparth or two rounds. I mean, come on, did you take like five adderall both wrongs? Like what how did you? How the hell did you do that?
Speaker 1: I mean, y'all know, like I it just it just happened. I don't, I don't even know really it was h what's crazy? I didn't. I think I made about one put outside ten feet the first two days. I made about a twelve footer on the second round, and other than that, it was just it was a stripe show, like I just it was one of those like every day or every hole, it's like you walk up and it's like, all right, that's a perfect nine iron, and I hit the perfect nine iron to two feet Like it was just a you know, a perfect storm for you know, the two days that it was you know because usually like like y'all know, you go shoot sixty two. You you know you made a forty footer for eagle, you chipped in, you know, you hit one in the trees and it bounced down to the fairway. You made birdie from there. Like it was one of those weird situations that really none of that happened. I just I just it was a shot show. Yeah that's golf.
Speaker 4: I mean I've taken five out of all multiple times, and I do not shoot sixty two sixty two, Like I can guarantee you that one million, thousand, kazillion percent. Dude, this is my question, bro, how do you sleep on a ten shot lead?
Speaker 1: Man? Like? What I mean?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: You just like put.
Speaker 3: Yourself like like in a bubble be like no one touched me. I don't want to get sick.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get food points, Like I'm not going to tie one on tonight or do you tie one on here?
Speaker 3: Like I got a big lead? Like what do you what do you do?
Speaker 4: Because at some point, like nothing can go wrong ten shot leads, So how do you how do you sleep on a lead?
Speaker 1: Like I will say I had a buddy in fund that Uh, we went in. We might have had a little bit more wind than what you probably would have with a two shot lead. By no means, I was already celebrating the soon to be win. But I didn't mind having maybe a little bit more than what you would normally have the night before you had a Sunday lead. But no, man, it was it was actually not that odd from a sense of like the team lead. We only had a one, one or two shot lead as a team. And and you know, so I knew that I like, I gotta go play some good golfmer, I gotta go shoot a low one and try to get the team win, because there there is nothing cooler than being up there spraying your teammates with champagne and the whole crowd going wild and cheering for you like that. That's man, It's as cool as it gets. So that that was it was. Let's just say it was easy to stay, you know, locked in on on Sunday to try to shoot a low one so that we could try to get up there and celebrate as a team. I keep telling Bubba, who you know is uh, he's he's not not a drinker. I keep selling telling him, I can't wait to spray him in the face with some champagne after we get a win and he just he might he may not drink it, but it's going to get into a system somehow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, and that's an interesting deal. I think that's that's so you're talking about you have a ten shot lead. Okay, you have a ten shot lead, but in the back of your mind at dinner the night before the final round, you're thinking about winning as a team, so you still have to bring it the next day. Like if an in shot lead in an individual tournament, you're not going to lose, like you're really just not. But if you're on a team and the team needs you to perform still and you've only got a one shot lead, then you need to bring it. Like that is something that that's that's surprising even here because you know, it's something we've never thought about in regular team golf outside of you know, Walker Cups and Ryder Cups and stuff like that in college golf. So it's refreshing. Like I loved college golf. That was that high school golf. College golf. That's what I lived for, you know, that was that was what I do. And then I got the pro golf and I hate, just hate it from day one. Just lucky to hang on for like four or five years and do okay, But so so talk about so talk about this week? You got you got this? This hard golf course sounds like it's like Carson Creek, but narrower and harder. It's gonna be one hundred and fifty degrees the range the range goats. Range goats are peaking right now. Is there any way that y'all can beat the four races?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, that's the uh, that's the as some would say, the fifty thousand dollars question. I'll let y'all take that as it as you want that. That's that's the goal.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Ever since I decided last year to move over to the range goats from Basis, uh my, my dude, DJ has been talking some talking.
Speaker 2: So wait, that was your decision?
Speaker 1: I thought he traded you mm now.
Speaker 2: That was your decision?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So we had all thought that that He was like, yeah, I get out of here, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, man, I mean kind of like you said, like I Harold and I are. That's one of my best buds, and so you know, he Uh, let's just say he got he got some cold feet, uh, last year around this this time of the year, and so that's why he wasn't at the first first Lift tournament. But we had been talking about it, and he you know, we had talked about being being on the same team and and teaming up out here, and so you know, I just I wanted to be on the same team as Harold. We wanted to go and and and do this and have a blast together. And you know, it's like imagine you having a chance to go and team up with one of your buddies and try to travel the world and try to go win trophies together. So you know, when I had the chance to go and team up with hair with Harold and uh, go do this, I was like, man, I gotta go, I gotta go do this. And and so yeah, ever since I did that. It was actually last year in Miami for the final tournament on live, the team championship and the four aces we won. We went four million dollars apiece, no state income tax state not forty seven and a half percent income state. We uh, you know, we're after the win, we're celebrating, hanging out and then DJ just looks at me goes enjoy this because this ain't happened again and so ever since then immediately, like I texted Harold and I texted Bubba, and I was like, y'all need to get your shit right because we got to go beat them. So so yeah, that was like stuff that like outside uh you know, of the live universe right now, like people probably don't don't see it, but I think that's what's going to come to fruition in time. Is like like when I went on stage this last week after winning, and and after I get off stage and the Aces were walking on stage, I was like, this sucks, man, Like all all we've wanted to do is beat them. And like, while it's cool that I won, like like they're they're walking past me and they're just kind of smirking at me, and I'm just like, yeah, this ain't it. So yes, we want to beat daysas everyone wants to be beat Days's, but we we, like I said, more so than anything, I want spray Bubba straight in the face with some champagne. I want to stray Bubba or Harold straight in the face with some champagne.
Speaker 4: So yeah, our dial this weekend, dude, PD. I was looking at this place like they're bait. I mean, they're basically on an island off Singapore and there's casinos, five star hotels, water parks like p D, and I would already be spending this money in our head, last place money, whatever it is, because that's what Meetnam would get.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can't, dude, You're like in a This is like a fantasy island place right now that I'm looking at. Holy shit, man, it's like, Ddie, I don't know if you know how to use your phone, but like Google maps, go there and type it in. Yeah, type it in, and oh my god, dude, I was just looking. I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you solo right now?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you? Uh yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you solo?
Speaker 1: Or no? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm by myself this week. The wife and kid are back home. Yeah. No. I mean it's the only thing that does talk about this week is there is so much stuff and fun and things to do. But when you've been sweating your nuts off hot as can be out the golf course, when you get done, you know, it's like, all right, I kind of want to go into the ac and have a coke and like relax. That's I know.
Speaker 4: I know, dude, you just had I mean, I mean whatever tax like for sore, probably you still got you still got some bankroll.
Speaker 3: You can go into that casino with some freaking and hit.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: So I have a have a funny story. So at AUGUSTA one of the mornings I was warming up, Tiger was right next to me warming up, and he was like, he's like, man, you're with Bubba's team now, right, And I was like yeah. He's like, y'all are going Adelaide right. I'm like like yeah, he goes, Man, they got some great golf there, blah blah blah. He's like, then, have you ever been to Singapore? I was like, man, first time. And he was like he was like, man, you need to go to the casino at Maria Bay Stands. Marina Bay Stands. It's the famous like hotel casino here. Y'all seen it for sure. It's like it looks like there's like a boat on top of like three towers. Like it's this massive casino hotel and the shops and everything. So anyways, Tiger was like, first time in Singapore. I had to I had to do like this clinic there, right, He's like, I got introduced to the guy who basically owns like the Disney of Asia, and he had to be there for whatever reason. And so he was like, this guy is like, you know, hey, I want to go get some dinners and I my favorite place here in Singapore. It's at this hotel casino. And then do you like to gamble all? And Tigers like, you know a little bit, and so he said, I want to teach you how to play back rock, and and so he goes. Tiger's like, you know, go over there, and this guy starts out playing million dollar hands, and so Tiger's like, you know, this was earlier in my career. Is like I quickly learned the difference between being rich and being rich rich. I was like on Disney rich.
Speaker 2: You know, that's kind of encouraging to know that Tiger watches y'all that much, though, right, because he knew that you were going to go to Australia. And then not just that he knew that you were going to Australia, he knew the next event was in Singapore. And I guarant to you if you would ask ninety five percent of golf fans the week of the Masters, where the live tour was going the next two weeks in a row. There's no way they would have been able to tell you Australia and then Singapore. So Tiger's paying attention. Tiger's paying attention a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yep. That was my takeaway too.
Speaker 4: You got a home game, you got Lift's got a home game for you right this year kind of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in two weeks up in Tulsa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exciting, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, it'll be it'll be good.
Speaker 4: It's you like the tournament host or you're gonna have to like do a bunch of ship then hey, I would what's up.
Speaker 1: I'll do whatever it takes to make uh, Tulsa a staple on on the schedule. That'd be. That'd be blast and man as as y'all will see when y'all get a chance to come, you'll haven't been to a LIFT tournament yet.
Speaker 2: I assume I might come up to Tulsa for that one. Dude, that's only an hour flight from from me. Yeah, I might come. Might fly the weed Whacker up there.
Speaker 3: He's a pilot, Taylor, He's a pilot Peed.
Speaker 1: He can go wherever.
Speaker 3: He can be in Singapore and no time.
Speaker 2: Just I could be there in like a week, don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's I'm just I'm excited, you know, like a like a few things we've talked about where already y'all are like, huh, that's not what I thought. Like, that's what I'm excited about for you know, my people Oklahoma, you know the people that come out to be like, oh, like, so this is what this is not everything we've been hearing and seeing on TV, you know what I mean? So uh, because it's and it's just it's I haven't had you know, cocktails on a golf course with y'all in a leisurely round, but I can probably assume what it's like. And it's just that's that's almost the vibe for the fans out here. It's like there's you know, there's music going, there's fan zones. It's I mean, it's a blast. Like it's it's a it's an event, you know, it's it's it's it's by No, I'm not comparing it to waste management, but like it's similar in a sense of like people go for like the spectacle and there happens to be golf being played, you know, like that the event that Live puts on is just it's a blast. It's awesome. It's just so fan friendly and and so that's why I'm excited for Tulsa for you know, Oklahoma's to be out there and be like, Okay, so you know, they're actually playing golf and this is actually fun and we're not out here for eight hours trying to see you know, the guys who teed off first and the guys who teed off last. Like, we don't have to spend a whole day out here to see everyone we want to see. So it's it's gonna be fun. It's in Live. It's kind of telling me right now. Uh. They think it might be the probably the second best attended tournament of the season behind Australia. So the Oklahoma people are getting behind it, which is cool.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, dude, really really really good man.
Speaker 4: Dude, those Aussie's are ready to party, bro, like they were ship was dial, they were ready to I'm glad there was a hole in one on that hole like that was probably that was probably the hard that was probab the hardest pin of the week.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Oh they were the ones that watch whatever. Dude, it could be fit. It could be a fifty yard hole and somebody might not make you know, a whole out whatever during the week. So, like, how how far was that? Was it like one sixty or something?
Speaker 1: I think final round? I think was like it was like one fifty five final round? Yeah, yeah, no, it was. It was. We were on the opposite side of the course and right when it happened, we all like looked at each other in the group. We were like, that was the hole in one because it was a freaking boom of noise. Dude, it was. It was so cool, Like I like when it happened, like all of us like I got chills, like it was. It was so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clean all that shit up.
Speaker 1: I mean, Chase told me, because Chase was playing with Paul Casey and I don't know who else, but he said Paul Casey hadn't hit yet. He said it took a good twenty twenty five minutes before Paul could hit because of the clean up and just the calm down of the rowdiness and and everything. So yeah, it was. It was wild. It was so much. Have both of y'all played waste management I assume or no. I played it once. Yeah, So like the build out of that hole was obviously not nearly as big, but like when I walked onto the tee like almost every day two of the three days, like I was walking and giving high fives to everyone because like the build out of the stands were like they're right on top of you, dude. And so while there's not as many people, like it was way louder because they're just they're literally like right on top of me. And so it was I mean when I was talking on the final round, when I was talking to my cat to eat about the yardages, like I had to get like in his ear and like he had to get in my ear to like hear what we're saying to each other. Like it was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the walk up songs, that's a that's a great idea. Like I loved it when they did that at the Zurich and me and Cody Grimmel played, I don't know I can win with that. Like twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen, me and Cody Gribble played and we had a stupid walk up song and it was like silent whisper caroless whisper or some dumb shit, and we were you were just like, what's the stupidest song we could think of? But the but that that was that's a great idea. But I saw also saw. I mean this tournament, y'all's tournament last week was the same week as the Zurich and I tweeted out, you know, I was, I was happy for you and and you know, it was awesome to see Chase kept us hold what all this shit that happened? Like live Live was obviously the most exciting event of the It wasn't close. And then I had these dumb asses underneath me on this tweet. They were like, yeah, well it's an exhibition event, and I was like, you motherfucker. They just played alternate shot at Forma and the other terrible, Like who care? This is the same, Like that's exhibition, Like what's the difference?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of all the weeks to tweet that tweet, which they looked a hard time.
Speaker 2: To fire it off that week, and I know, so anyway, No, that's that's the thing though. But but Tulsa, Tulsa is going to be really cool. I haven't made my mind up if I want to go up there.
Speaker 1: Or not yet.
Speaker 2: But Cedar Ridge, I've played there. I played the US Amateur in two thousand and nine. I played there in Southern Hills, and Cedar Ridge was It's legit. It was a hard, narrow golf course, if I.
Speaker 1: Remember, Yeah, yeah, it's legit. Yeah, I remember. So I played the usam there too. I remember they did like a scory comparison of the two courses. I mean, it's Southern Hills like it's a US Open, PJ, like it's a major championship golf course. And uh Cedar Ridge was like a half shot difference or something like that, Like it was within one shot difference in scoring of Southern Hills. Like it it. I haven't actually haven't played it since then. Uh so I'm excited to get back there. But I remember back then. I mean I was sixteen or something like. I remember back then thinking this is a big boy golf course. So yeah, it'll be it'll be good.
Speaker 4: What's up for the people, fam, We're super excited to have Gooder Sunglasses as a sponsor for the entire year. Gooder Sunglasses every pair of twenty five to thirty five bucks one UV Protective one Polarized and they make great golf specific lenses. They make brighter lenses, they make a dark lens, call it back nine Blackout. That's my favorite for multiple reasons. So go ahead and head to www dot g oo dr dot com. Insert code FTP fifteen. That'll get you a nice little discount. Also, free returns within thirty days, one year warranty, free shipping over fifty bucks. So go ahead, get yourself a couple pair.
Speaker 1: Of goods and have a day.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, we all know golf is hard, but looking good on the course definitely doesn't have to be. Our guys that Live Forever Golf promote a comfortable lifestyle on and off the golf course. They've got Polos, golf shorts, five pocket performance pants, out of wear activewear, bunch of cool T shirts, a bunch of cool hats.
Speaker 1: You can go to live forever golf dot.
Speaker 4: Com and remember remember it's for the player, not the game, So use code nails twenty to get yourself twenty percent off Live forever golf dot com their nails.
Speaker 1: Check them out.
Speaker 4: Dude, dude, I have a question, and I saw one of them. But like, let's say, like me or me and PD are on. I mean whatever you want to call our team, like team whatever, suck ass a golf Like, let's say one of us gets sick and stays out the night before and gets really sick, like both of us, perhaps at the same same time, Like, what's the protocol?
Speaker 3: Like if two guys both get food.
Speaker 4: Poisoning in one night, like and you all can't field a team, Like, what's the call?
Speaker 1: Like would you call me.
Speaker 3: And PD to be a range goat? Like one night if you guys, if you guys went to a team.
Speaker 4: Dinner and you all got the shits and like you're like, dude, p D's they're my guys, Like right, well, they'll be up there in the weed whacker, like immediately.
Speaker 3: To play for the range coats. What's the protocol for a situation?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, so the league has lived has like a handful of reserves each week on sites in case that happens, and like each team at the beginning of the week basically fills out, like, you know, here's our four guys. Like if one guy goes down, like you have the options of you know, the four reserves, and you say, this is option one, option two, option three, option four, right, And so they just have you know, I call them the backup quarterbacks like it's it's a it's let's just say it's a good gig. Uh, not as good as you know, maybe actually playing for Live obviously, but if let's just say they they do okay being reserves week in and week out. So yeah, there's there's a handful of guys that Live brings week to week and you know, someone goes down, which honestly, this week, if the weather gets crazy, someone might go down. The we were taking bets over unders of how many caddies we're going to go down this week. So yeah, they have a handful of reserves that they have on site to fill anybody who you know isn't isn't able to play.
Speaker 2: That's a great that was a great question. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So like yeah, so, like if Bubba takes you guys out for a lobster dinner in Tulsa and it's from a Tulsa tributary and not quite lobster and maybe a you know, crawdad of sorts or something like that, who knows, everybody gets stick. I was just wondering because it could happen. Man, every dude I've been on it, we do it on corn Ferry tour nationwide.
Speaker 3: Whatever, we'd be in South America, Panama. Six guys would get the ship.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we'd be out of there this day.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no doubt. That's funny, said Panama. I uh, back on when it was web Panama, I was in like eighth place going into the weekend, and I was up from like one am until my tea time at you know, noon, just shipping my brains out. It was it was I got who knows what happened, but it was I got me good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's icy down there, dude, it is so dicey. There's the cigar bar, there's the well, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that probably cures everything.
Speaker 1: Cigar bar.
Speaker 2: And then there's the casino. What's the casino?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Miami something, dude of the Veneto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I were argin at wall. I should probably not even say this, but argin that wall, like pupping down the escalator four or five times, back and forth. Good for you you. Oh god, dude, dude, I remember like twenty twelve though, he shit, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Somebody fell asleep by the pool after they played the first round and they the sun there is so bright. I don't know why it is, but it's like extra bright. And some dude, Yeah, some dude didn't play bad. He shot like even that. The the cut at that course I think is always over par, like one or two over even whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's far. It's the hardest course in Court Fairy all year.
Speaker 4: And this this guy like started to delete a bunch of dollar beers and he fell asleep and he got sun poisoning. The next day I could like he was in freaking hospital, freaking in a month and because he just he woke up and it was just like.
Speaker 3: He had a freaking whatever whatever degree burned, twenty seventh degree burn, whatever you want to call it. But he was struggling. Funny, probably not that much in Singapore, but it's hot. It sounds hot.
Speaker 1: Though it is. It is so Trump.
Speaker 2: Trump's a big Trump's a big live golf guy. A lot y'all are y'all got y'all had an event at his place last year and he was there. Tucker Carlson just got fired from Fox News like three days ago. Tucker was with Trump when he was when y'all were playing at Trump's course. Trump loves to live Tour. I don't know how many events y'all have in his courses, but I think it's more than one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least.
Speaker 2: But have you met have you met the don while you played on the live?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So Trump medminister last year. Second round, I shot shot something that was like it was the lowest round today by like three, four or five shots something like that. It was. It was a really good around and I'm doing like the media stuff after and uh, the security dude comes up and it's like, hey, you know, President Trump would like to chat with you. And my wife and daughter were there that week and they were with me, and I was like, you know, can I bring them? And like yeah, absolutely, come on, And so I went and I sat with them and it was like the weirdest collection of people you've ever seen. Like I just remember sitting there there thinking, I got Tuck Carlson right here, I got President Trump here, Bruce Jenner or Laitland Jenner here, who's there? The Majorie Green Taylor? Uh yeah, yeah, like she was there and it was like this this just collection of people that I remember thinking like I'm at a golf tournament like in these like this is this is out of this world, like odd, but yeah, we were. It was funny. So we're sitting there talking and I know the governor of Oklahoma and his brother and their golfers and and so Trump goes to me. He's like, you know, do you know Governor sit And I was like yeah, And he's like, do you like him? I'm like yeah, he's a good one. He's like he's a good one. I like him. He was like, where in Recoma are you from. I was like Oklahoma City. He's like, good people in Oklahoma City. I was like, yeah, Oklaoma's were you know, some of the last remaining non crazy ones out there. And he's like, he said, like seventy four. I was like seventy four or seventy seven. He's like, oh you know, I'm like yeah, it was like seventy four of seventy seven counties voted for like were called for Trump. And we were the first state to call for Trump back in twenty twenty. And I was like, we're the first state to call for you know, miss President. And he's like, good people in Oklahoma. It was it was it was the most you know, Trump moment ever. And then the next day so that was the second round then the final round. Maybe the craziest you know moment UH of the year for me and for sure of the year, maybe of my professional career up to that point was I was in UH. I was either tied for the lead or in second place going to the final round, and I'm about to tee off and there's a you know, grand stand behind the first screen, and as they like say my name and I'm you know, taking a cup of practice wings, the crowd just goes nuts. And then I was here, you know, then cheering for Trump and and obviously he had started walking up and I'm about tee off like for the final round, final group, and he's just walking up, you know, to the tee and he's waving everyone. And he comes up and like puts his arms like hands on my shoulders and he's like, you know, go get him today. And it was just it was such a cool, like refreshing moment for golf where it's like like, guys, you know, obviously I'm trying to compete when we're trying to win, but like it's like some of my buddies stay back home. It's like, dude, this is it's it's just golf. It's not like this is heart surgery. It's not that serious, you know. And so it was one of those moments where I'm sure some players would have been like, you know, because you're playing for four million bucks. I mean, it's it's it's it's crazy money. It's crazy important. But like, you know, I'm about tee off and he comes up and you know, I've I've actually got a couple of cool pictures because there's some photographers stuff there. There's it's one of those pictures like I'll never forget is President Trump as I'm about tee off on his golf course with a tournament final round, final group and he's got his you know, hands on my shoulders like telling me good luck, and I just it was crazy. It was crazy. That's cool.
Speaker 2: What's what's the biggest difference. What's the biggest difference the most glaring difference. Obviously the money great ever, But other than the money, what's the biggest difference that you've noticed between your time on the PGA Tour and your two years on Live.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Obviously you're getting paid well now you're getting paid fairly, like a fair fair amount, right.
Speaker 1: So the something that people something people think about and y'all would appreciate, is like the tournament prep so like, at least for me, like my Mondays through Wednesdays on tour used to be totally predicated upon like practice, Like when I'm gonna go out and play practice round, Like you know what time I'm gonna get out there, because I don't want to go play a nine whole practice round that's going to take three hours, Like, so I'm getting there early in the morning, you know, Mondays Tuesdays, so I can get my practice a round done and like get out of there kind of thing. Well, when there's one hundred and fifty six guys they're trying to prep for a tournament, versus when there's forty eight guys trying to prep for a tournament, like it is night and day different for like just your pre tournament schedule, if that makes sense, Like I don't have to like plan everything around when I need to get out to the course so that I'm not stuck out there for a three and a half hour nine hole practice round. The I don't think it's talked about enough, like the leveling of playing field when we're all playing the course at the same time, so like, for example, last year at the BJA Championship at Southern Hills, I had the late early wave. So Friday morning, I'm playing and I played by nuts Off. I shaw like seventy one and it was for my wave. I was second in my wave, so only one dude had beat me in my wave. I finished the first two days when I made the cut, I think I was in like nineteen or twentieth place. So like the day that I Friday, when I shot seventy one or whatever it was, I bawled. Bubba went that afternoon and the weather completely turned, the wind stopped, it got warm. Bubba win shot like sixty three or something like that, and there was multiple guys that like sixty five, sixty six and like that. There wasn't sixty five was not happening when I played. And you know, I just feel like when it's when we're playing for this much money, when it's this you know, meaningful, when it's when it's that the outcome is going to be that impactful on us and our teams and everything, it's like, I just people may feel differently. I just I think it's a bs when you know I can go play great, but I have bad weather, you can go play great and have good weather, and like you're ahead of the ballgame. Because that like that's like saying to you know, like a football team, know, like hey, you're you're going to play going east, you know all game. We're not going to switch fields. We're not going to turn it around. And one team is going into the wind you know, all game and it's like hold on second, So they're having to go into the wind all game. And then this other team can kick sixty yard field goals, but we can only kick forty of our field goals. And so I think it's a huge game changer when we're all playing on the same conditions. We all have the same greens, we all have the same weather, Like truly, the cream is going to rise, and that that I think is a huge topic of discussion. That isn't you know, the discussed enough when comparing the differences between the you know, the two products.
Speaker 3: No, dude, I think you're spot on.
Speaker 4: Man, Like the Devil's Advocate guy would be like over a year on the PGA tour, it averages out bad way, good way blah blah blah. But like if it hits on the wrong event like your host man, like if it hits in the Masters, like the thing that comes to mind. I mean, all we've all played a deal where you have good way of bad wave like whatever, but sometimes it's catastrophic, like I remember the play like the players last year, yep, there were guys hitting like punch six irons on the seventeen and then there were dudes hitting gap wedge. Yeah, if you were in the punch six iron, I think our guy Kids, he's an FTP guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think our guy Kids was like the only guy to maybe top ten, and I think there was only like, you know, sixteen out of the top twenty, where the other waves guys like Backdoor maybe a top ten or whatever. But yeah, can you imagine having to hit a punch six iron into seventeen at Sawgrass compared to like a gap wetch no wind And if that's Masters or that's the US, open your screw.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: For example, at Augusta on the Sunday, now we had foot t's and so you know it wasn't just a normal Sunday at Augusta. But I hit driver four iron like as flush as I could hit drivers flush as I could hit four iron into eighteen and I teed off on the back first. And so as the day gets gets on, you know, we're watching a leaderboard, and you know, we're watching obviously specifically like Phil and Speak like what they're doing on Sunday. We're like, this is incredible what they're doing. And we're like, you know, we're rooting for the live guys to play well, obviously to help combat all the bullshit narratives that are out there, to show everyone that we still played golf in all the crap. But we're watching it, me and my caddie and I was actually playing with Thomas Peters, my teammate Sunday at Augusta, which was crazy cool. But we were watching Phil, you know, basically have the greatest round of the day. And he gets eighteen and we're just like, you know, if I'm hitting driver for iron flush into eighteen, Phil is not going to be hitting an iron into it, like, and we're like wanting him to burdy out and he like birdie fifteen sixteen, seventeen or something like that, and we're like, man, if he could just somehow get to nine, like he's gonna be a leader in the clubhouse. He's got it. There's a little legit chance that he could be in the thicket things, and but the win it died, like the win had completely died at that point in time where I hit plus driver plus four iron, he hit driver like six or seven iron into it or something like that. You know, it's and it's just yeah, like you said, there's there's Yes, I understand the whole like optimistic mentality of saying it's going to equal out over the course of the season. But for example, at the pg Championship last year, I had the terrible wave at the Players, I had a terrible wave, Like I. You could have the good wave at the Byron, at the Zurich, at you know, the vals Bar at John Deere. You could have the good wave at eight tournaments, but the bad wave two tournaments and you're screwed. Like that's that's a bad deal. Like I'd rather have the good wave at the PGA and the Players and the bad wave at eight other you know events, because of the type of tournaments those are right, And so yeah, I just I think, like I said, I think us all playing on the same weather conditions, the same green conditions as y'all know, you know, especially on certain greens when you're playing in the morning, it's a huge advantage. I mean, that's how often have we seen guys that you know, on Sunday go out early before the wind comes in, and when they have good greens and they go light it up, and then an afternoon after the greens have been showed up and a little bit of wind comes in, you know, they you know, the guy starts in fiftieth and bounces up to twelfth, which is, you know, great, but it's also like it's not really reflective of the true quality of golf because he had an advantage, you know. And so I think eliminating the advantage and making everything a level playing field is I think every player agrees with it too, Like that's that's the way to do it, you know. It just makes it level for everyone and we're gonna really see who's playing the best golf. Yeah, he thinks.
Speaker 4: Do you ever get in the goat the goat, the goat wave, the double morning wave the first two days corn Faery Tour. It happen all the time, like in Springfield and the Brest the old double morning wave.
Speaker 2: Yeah seven yeah, Yeah, it was like.
Speaker 4: We get the restart like there'd be weather and you restart, you like you'd play the seven thirty, and then there'd be ship weather, and they play all day long and they barely finish, and they barely finish, and then you wouldn't play again till Saturday, and you got the morning wave again.
Speaker 3: You got the old double morning double game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But the thing about the shotgun Shark, thegun Shark Shark, the shotgun sharp is that you can only have seventy five guys, right, So you can't ever have one hundred and fifty six dudes in attorney. You can't because they can't play at the same time. So at the maxim at the maximum, I mean absolute maximum, we're talking seventy dudes five maybe can play in one route. So it would never work for the PGA Tour. It just couldn't. They could never do it because there's too many members. So I think that's why they're part of the reason obviously. I mean they've added a ton of money. They found it under some magical unicorn tree that they had this whole time, and they've just dug it out of the grass, right that they didn't want to give to us when we were on it, And so now they've got all this money all of a sudden, but they still have this serious issue of two tours, right, because you have you have the PGA Tour elites in this elite schedule, and then you have the B League PGA Tour, which is the Zerit Classic and the Birah Neilson and the Colonial and like the B leagues that aren't the elite events. And then you have the corn Fairy Tour. So really you have three separate tours here of guys that have really no idea where they are at anytime. You have the elites that are playing for all the money, and then you have the B League guys and they're not really sure if they're on the PGA Tour or not, and then you have the Corn Fairy guys. So it's I love what the Live is done. I love what the Live Tour has done to challenge the PGA Tour. And we've said this from day one on this pod, like we have loved the competition because what is what makes America better, what makes these people in the scripture better, is competition. It just has That's how you get better, right, is have to and they have headed the competition legit competition. Ever, So here we are. It's twenty twenty three. Lives thriving. The PGA Tour is thriving as well. I mean they're both thriving, and that's good for golf. You can like the PGA Tour, you can like live, you can watch it all. You don't have to pick a damn side. Like we've said this from day one. You don't have to pick one. You can watch them all. Yeah, you've got friends on all of them. I've got friends on all of them. What do you think for? And and like the last thing, last thing before I know, you got like you got a pro am to do and all that shit. Today it's thirteen hours ahead and.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, no we got time. You're good.
Speaker 2: So the last thing I want to I want to ask you though, is like, do you see more top guys going to live?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know that's a good question. I don't currently because like you talked about, like they're the tour has basically you know, lived two point zero their tour in a sense from the money perspective, the scheduling perspective, like they've they've done that, and so you know, unless a player gets an outrageous amount of upfront money, which you know that I think I would predict that's that's not gonna happen except for maybe a couple you know, outlier players Like I don't foresee that happening anytime soon, you know, unless Live comes out and says, you know what we're gonna play for forty million dollar versus or you know something like that, right that that that I think would be the only uh, unless Live changes that the tour has gotten so good from a financial perspective for those elite guys now that there's not much reason to So, yeah, I don't foresee that happening. I Yeah, I don't forget to see that happening unless given the circumstances of everything as they are right now, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically, unless y'all start playing forty million dollars, probably gonna stay the way is.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I would I would think. One thing that's interesting. I was talking with a couple players about this on both sides. You know, I think I think golf is especially with this specific situation, like I think it's in such a unique place and time where I think the two sides do and Live could figure out if they could figure out how to coexist in a friendly way. I think it would be really cool and you can do some really cool stuff because, like right now, people understand and because of the masters, like people are able to see through the BS narratives of you know what, these guys actually they're still good players. There are actually some elite players in the world. I mean, there was seventeen live guys that played AUGUSTA. Twelve made the three in the top five or whatever. You know, there's no denying the quality of golf in the you know how world class the players are over here. You know, the ratings showed when you bring the two sides together at a major, like, you know, everyone tunes in, everyone wants to see because the majors currently are the only tournaments in the world where the best of the best really come together. You know, I wonder if there's a way that, you know, a couple times a year on the PGA Tour, they say, you know what, we're gonna have ten live guys. We're gonna have the top ten guys from live come and play in. The players come and play in you know, riv come play in you know, four or five tournaments, and then conversely, like there's still room for more teams within live. You know what if one of the teams was comprised of one of the teams was the PGA Tour team where each week the PJ Tour sent four dudes to come and play for a team and the live tournaments, and like, you know, I don't, I don't know. There's just there's there's ways right now that I think the two sides could somehow come together, but it's still be like a friendly rivalry like rivalry like I've I've continued to compare it to basically pre Tiger Woods European Tour, like the European Tour and the PGA Tour basically pre Tiger Woods was a very similar situation to what you know, the PGA Tour and Live is right now from a sense of a lot of great players, you know, we're on European Tour back in the nineties, like it was, you know, arguable who had the better tour. But once Tiger came, once all the money came, uh, everyone started coming to the PGA Tour, right. The European Tour and PJA Tour co existed for a long long time before Tiger Woods and they had a friendly rivalry. I mean, it's part of why the Ryder Cup is what it is is because of that friendly rivalry. So I think there's a way that the two sides can come together and it still be a rivalry. I mean, there's been so much chaos in the media over the last year that's it's going to It's created this like cool rivalry and it's what makes sports great, Like it's why like I hate Texas, Like I grew up an Ou fan and I went to Oklahoma State and I hate Texas, right, Like that's you need passion, you need like rivalries, You need a little bit of bad blood in sports to make it great. And right now we're at a cool tipping point where we have a good amount of bad blood within the fans and within the media and stuff. Like if the two sides could figure out how to utilize this, like golf could boom like boom boom, and it's in a good place that if we can somehow, like I said, figure this out together, like it would be everyone would win. Even the executives of the establishment that are not winning right now, they could even win. But it would just more and more importantly, like the fans would get what do the fans want? Like they want the best of the best, and they want a little bit of this rivalry. Like it's at a time a point right now that I think you could do some really cool stuff.
Speaker 4: No, for sure, Pete, what's that beer that we like in Texas called Oklahoma Sucks. That's some good shit, Like you'll have shit out of that, bro, I mean, honestly, dude, like the U and the United States has been committing a straight up first degree felony third second, first, second, and third against the internationals last few years.
Speaker 1: Just play the just have the live, just have the.
Speaker 4: Live versus the PGA to are for freaking the President's Cup. But no, you're right, dude. I mean like as a golf fan, if I'm a casual golf fan, I want to watch the best guys playing Like there's no way that And that's that's the misconception is people people think there's like this like hid and hate for for live.
Speaker 1: There's really not.
Speaker 4: Like I went, I was at the Masters this year on the weekend, Like dude, people were cheering on everybody like Kopka and freaking rom obviously and Phil Like Phil, People's people love Phil.
Speaker 3: Phil's been around forever. Like, people just want to watch good golf.
Speaker 4: But if you're a fan sitting on home, like on your ass, drinking of beer on the couch, you want to watch the best guys like play against each other.
Speaker 3: Right, So right, dude, it's the same deal. And if that only happens like ten times a year, that's fine. That's enough.
Speaker 1: That's enough.
Speaker 4: Man. There's there's high quality golf in between, for sure, there is. Yeah, but like if you know it's happening during those times like perfect, like that's.
Speaker 3: That's how you got to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well we've kept him long enough. It's Taylor view right in Singapore. He's in Singapore, he's thirteen hours ahead, and he's gonna go try to win back to back live events. Maybe they'll shoot another sixty two in parem, I don't know. That's uh sailor.
Speaker 4: Same painting as Taylor in your Oh my god, is that the same painting in your background?
Speaker 3: Jesus, look at that. It looks like, Peter.
Speaker 1: Are you at the live event right now?
Speaker 2: I'm in Blue Jack, I'm playing the member of guest Tomorrow, I'm gonna have a million Jack.
Speaker 3: Look at that painting right, God, God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's Taylor Gooch. We'll see all next week.
Speaker 1: H