Speaker 1: Kevin Kiirmar will be making his Dodger debut tonight, starting in center field. Kevin, Welcome to the Dodgers, and thank you for the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks for having me. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's been a while, last forty eight hours. How have you handled all this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the first time I've ever been traded the middle of the season, with a ton of stuff all over the map right now, But it's a great opportunity, So I don't really care about the other stuff. I care about winning here and doing whatever I can to help these guys win. And I can't wait to show them when I'm about and you know, hopefully get off to a good start, but then see what kind of player I can be when I'm going good.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna do everything in my power to try to do just that.
Speaker 1: Kevin, When do you look around this clubhouse? A few of them just walk by. What's it like to be part of this team now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I never they were interested me last couple of years in free agency. But me, you know, wearing the Dodger stuff across my chest on the hats.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. It's really cool. I feel honored.
Speaker 3: I'm privileged to be here in this great situation, and you know, it's a it's a star studded roster and a lot of guys can play, and the resumes speak for themselves, and I'm just happy to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Kevin, I read last week that you're planning on retiring at the end of this season. Can anything change your mind?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll see. I uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, playing on turf all these years is really taking a toll on my body, and I know the product I put on the field is a little different than seasons past. But you know, this opportunity right here. I've even moving around in the outfield already. I feel like I already have like an extra gear and adrenaline, and you know, good situations like this will will pump life into you, and I feel like that's what I have so far, and I can't wait to take the field these guys and just try to win as many games as we can.
Speaker 1: You know, Carl Crawford came to the Dodgers after playing a lot of years like you did at Tropicana Field. You just gave me flashbacks to how he said this could maybe give you a little bit more life to your career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've never uh, I've never been on grass more than two weeks at a time. I mean, spring training is the most ever get but throughout the season being with the Blue Jays and the Rays my career, I always look forward to road trips just to be on grass. So now for me to have my home field on grass and be on a lot more, I think it's gonna pay huge dividends for my body. And when I'm fresh and I'm moving good, I can be a very efficient player, and you know I can do some damage.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna do everything in my power to do just that.
Speaker 1: Hey, before I let you go, Oakland's a big outfield. You're one of those guys that could cover a lot of ground. What do you know about this outfield and how different is it from others?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is my favorite surface in the big leagues. I love the grass here. Everything it's it's amazing. I've always loved it, but especially years as of late. But usually you know, the only time I ever have trouble is it's a high sky here with the sun, So I'm sure Sunday will probably be a little test, but you know, nothing I can't handle.
Speaker 1: Hey, go feel that grass. You're gonna have a lot of it with the Dodgers and at Dodgers Stadium. Thanks a lot for the time, and we're all very excited to have Kevin Kiermeyer finally patrolling center field for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks for having me. Let's go