Speaker 1: Bring on a good friend from CBS romy being ro on me. How you doing on this Broncos victory Monday.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, guys, I think that not all victory Mondays are created equal because this one, this one feels good. I'm feeling good today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you uh you know, did you have the did you get a new broom for the sweep?
Speaker 2: You know what I was thinking about it. I didn't pack my groom for Vegas. Well, I mean, what a missed opportunity.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the first time that the Broncos have gotten sweep on the Raiders since two thy fourteen, first ever win in Las Vegas. Broncos winned twenty nine excuse me, twenty nine to nineteen. And you know this was a game I was telling Nick, you know, of all the things in this game, and you know, you could talk about the Raiders being shorthanded, the secondary and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: The thing that stood out to me, they can jumped out to me.
Speaker 1: Three of the top four pass catchers for the Broncos or his first or second year. The top three rushers for the Broncos were first or second year players. The quarterbacks the first year player. It it was something that says, hey, we got a youth movement here and it's working.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And it really is. We're seeing Sean and Peyton's vision come to fruition. Right last year it was like halfway there. This year, it's really his guys, this is these are his guys, this is who he wants it, and it's really come into fruition and it's kind of the best way to say it. But I think that what's been interesting about that too is I think at the beginning of the season, like I'm insufferable on game damn, like more devon more devon va. I've been saying it all season long. But realistically, you look at the way that Sean has worked these guys in and he has paced them in many ways. It's smarting a lot of He's won, right, so they get used to the game, the speed of the game. But also you think about these guys are coming from.
Speaker 4: Twelve game seasons and now they're just.
Speaker 2: Kind of starting to hit their stride here. This is perfect if you really feel like you can make a push with these guys in the playoffs, They're not going to be so overly exhausted if you had really run them down early in the year. So, I mean, I don't know if that plays into the way he has kind of started to use them more late or not, but either way, I think it benefits the Broncos and all the things. Maley Right. People have been and are still upset.
Speaker 5: About Tim Patrick, but we all knew that Veley was the eventual replacement.
Speaker 4: So to see him out there I think makes.
Speaker 2: Fans really excited as well, because you're like, oh, okay, okay, s Tom. We do know sm Right is the eventual replacement here here here. But what's kind of fun is that you're seeing this team being built from the ground up, and so where are they in you know, two five years. Who knows, but we can say, you know, we saw this the way it started, with the seeds kind of getting planted, and I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Well, Robbie, there have been some Bowl supporters and some Bowl haters, and some of those Bow haters have constantly said that this quarterback is just checking the ball down, he's not taking deep shots. Over the past two weeks, we go back to the Atlanta game. You had to seven guys with explosive plays for guys this week, an you make that statement that bow is not an explosive play waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's funny because that was the whole knock on bow right at the combine, he wasn't making the long throws. But in game situations it's been different. He is. He's making those long throws. And what stands out to me the most is especially on third down, a lot of third and longs and he's been making big plays. And when you go through the games, you're having thirteen sometimes twenty four yard games coming on third.
Speaker 4: Downs, and it shows that bo was not afraid, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, we continue to talk.
Speaker 5: About that he's ready for the moment, but to.
Speaker 2: Be making those big throws on third down, third.
Speaker 5: And long, he gets out of a.
Speaker 2: Lot of third down situations by throws of ball downfield. I mean, and I think that part has been really impressive. And I think you know, Tyler Gorse, who works with the Broncos, put out of stat right, most completions of twenty plus yards this season and bo Nix has the third most. So you know, I.
Speaker 5: Quoted it with the capitalized and uncapitalized letters, right, But he.
Speaker 2: Can't make the long round, Like, I think the narrative is just over now at this point that if you actually turn on the tape and you watch the ball, he's making big throws and he's making them, you know, a really crucial times during drives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is talking with romy Bean from CBS, romy from the Broncos, who look like they're lining up to have themselves a merry little Nix miss to the CU Buffs who did not get it done against Kansas. Deon Sanders remains one and six against ranked opponents over the past two seasons. Kansas probably the toughest game the Buffs had all year and certainly got it put to them there. Now, I know you're filling in for Mark Johnson right here, I believe on Wednesday on Bus Prime Time.
Speaker 3: Are you not?
Speaker 2: Oh I sure am. You guys are double duty of me with Prime and so I don't know, I don't know if Prime notes that yet. So he will find out this week.
Speaker 1: Well pleasantly surprised, I'm sure. As we look at the Buffs though, they need help to be.
Speaker 3: Able to make the Big twelve championship.
Speaker 1: Now, you got to have a combination of two losses I think from Iowa State byus on will state something like that, is it disappointing?
Speaker 3: Now do we build ourselves up?
Speaker 1: At first it was well to get over the absurdly low sportsbook total on wins for the season. Then it was hey, we're all the path paying for the big twel championship? Are we now set up for disappointment that now they don't control their destiny there?
Speaker 2: I think it's incredibly I think it can be both. Look, I think when you look at a.
Speaker 4: Big picture, is this season of success?
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, they doubled their win total, even if they don't beat Oklahoma State. So like big picture when you go back to again two years ago when it was a one win team and then Dion took it to four wins last year and then here in your two.
Speaker 5: Of coach front eight or nine wins in the season.
Speaker 2: Big picture, yet it is a success. But at the same time, it's incredibly disappointing because Colorado did control their own destiny and when you went there, and this is taking nothing away from Kansas because they are a dangerous team and their record really doesn't show how good they are. But you know, they weren't doing anything exotic, right, They were just running the ball down. Their throats were beating the defense of a line every single play. It was. The mistackles was insane. I mean, how many mistackles did we did you count there? So it was it wasn't like, oh they had that they.
Speaker 4: Were I don't know, getting schooled here and there.
Speaker 2: I mean they were just getting beat. And it's disappointing because the defense has kind of been the unit that you felt like you could rely on. You never really had to worry about it. I know people are talking about there's no run game, and they're and look, that's a problem, but there also hasn't been much of a run game all year. It was, you know, so that the offense looked pretty similar to what it often does, though the run game was even less.
Speaker 4: And they have to fix that for next year.
Speaker 2: But I think big picture, it's really disappointing because Colorado was in the driver's seat. Now look the Big twelve chaos they could get in, but you're depending on everybody else. And I think there was really high hopes for seeing this team and people were singing a little bit ahead myself included about this potential of being in the college football.
Speaker 5: Playoffs for the first time.
Speaker 2: Ever, right if they win the big twelve.
Speaker 4: So I think maybe, yeah, we got a little ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 2: But disappointing because it feels like they just they didn't seize that opportunity. And it was something where again, right, kids was running all these trick plays. They just they just played better. They played better at all phases, and.
Speaker 4: It's it's a really tough one to fall.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: Going into the Kansas game, we knew that the Jayhawks had two good corners and Kobe Bryant and Melo Johnson, but at the same time, to offset that, you look at the talented roster that the cu Buffs had as far as a number of wide receivers and Lejonte Western five receptions and Will Shephard one reception.
Speaker 3: So five between them.
Speaker 6: When you watched the game, were you a little flabbergasset at that the creativity excuse me, the lack of creativity from Pat Trumper, because these wide receivers coming into this game, they were really explosive, but the game plan didn't the call for to the involvement of Wester or Shepherd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what, it.
Speaker 2: Felt like it almost what urtedac to I guess really when you look at a lot of their losses where it just came down to where it felt like it was our share door and Travis's gonna pull off the upset. And that's kind of right that we're kept waiting for the big play to happen. And that's one of those things where it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 4: As much as we love.
Speaker 2: The big play, everybody who doesn't love the big forty fifty yard touchdown, it doesn't have to be a big play every time. You know, you can gain a lot from some screens, right and have a little motion in the background in the back, and you can throw a little screen and get really good chunk yardage. And we didn't see any of that. They haven't seen that, you know a lot of the season as well. But it's something that you know, I don't know philosophically why that's never seems to necessarily be utilized, right. I think that there obviously is the desire for the big play, but you know, in games like that where you need it, you need a couple of screens, you need a couple chunks plays, and there was just no sign of any of that. It felt like there was one option, right, it was two to twelve and if we weren't going to get that, we weren't going to get anything. And and Kansas came out on the better side. Laughs.
Speaker 1: We did get to see two go to twelve in that one, and it was interesting that his odds at the sportsbooks exploded actually after that, became the prohibit favorite for the Heisman in a game that the that the cu Bus lost. Chanty they barely won, but they did win, and Janty continue to put up big numbers.
Speaker 3: It feels like a two person race there for the Heisman. Am I seeing that? Differently?
Speaker 1: I I personally would have Diego Pavia there third in the Heisman.
Speaker 3: I'm hinting at a Heisman voter right now.
Speaker 1: They're in Nick Ferguson, But I, you know, I don't have a vote, so I, you know, I have to live vicariously through voters like Ryan Edwards and Nick Ferguson.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, you know, it's crazy that we're kind of talking about the two main guys and we're not really talking about quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: When does that happen in the Heisman race?
Speaker 2: It's kind of absurd And and said, but look, I think Travis Hunter is the best player in college football on both sides of the ball. And a few weeks ago you were saying, well, he's not necessarily hit those ride receiver numbers, but he is. Now right, he's hit and he's got you know, over over a thousand yards. He's just so dynamic. The thing is that Travis Hunter, he's your two best player on the field every given game. I think people were waiting to see if he was really going to sustain being able to play as many snaps as he does, and he has, and he just continues to produce even when you know, see he loses. He has an absolutely stellar, stellar performance on both sides of the ball. For me, regard you if the Heisman is given to the most outstanding player in college football, he's the most outstanding player in college football in two positions really, and so it's just honestly, it's been incredible to watch. Can't wait to see what happens in the NFL. Like, I'm very curious to see how that all evolves and how a team decides to utilize him. But he should, in New York be the one standing with that trophy, no doubt.
Speaker 6: Now, Ronie, I'm very curious to see how you answer this question. Let's just say that you yourself had a Heisman Vogue, what would be some of the most important criteria that you use to evaluate some of these talented young men who were seeking the most coveted trophy in college football.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great question. You know, I think you do have to factor in wins, right, But and then I think you have to factor in when you look at right. You look at Gent's numbers, right, and his ability to do that, even if it's in a group of five, I don't care. Right, what he's doing is absolutely incredible. There are way to impact a game. How much better do they make a team? And when you look.
Speaker 5: At Travis Hunter, to me, he makes Colorado exponentially better on both sides of.
Speaker 2: The ball, right, And with Travis.
Speaker 5: I think that you do take into account how many snaps.
Speaker 2: He plays, because it's it's crazy, but that's something that I think overall you have to look at their You can look obviously there's the traditional stats, right, the yards, the touchdowns, interceptions, pass breakups, whichever way.
Speaker 5: That you're going, But how does that player?
Speaker 2: What is that team with or without that player? And I think if you look at both Colorado and Boise State. I mean, you maybe make a bigger argument for Boise State that without Gen that they are nowhere where they are with him. But I think the same stands for Travis Hunter. And we've seen when he has, you know, been out of a game, it's you lose your best corner and your best wide receiver. So I think it's a look at traditional stats, but you almost have to take that like thirty thousand foot view of how does.
Speaker 4: This How do they impact the entire team?
Speaker 2: How do they impact the entire game every time they're in there? And to me, every time Travis is in there is a massive impact on the game. His feel for the game, the way the game just kind of moves so slow for him, his ability to make plays. You can get a look at all of that.
Speaker 1: Well, Travis Hunter not the only one who's odds exploded over the weekend. I guess we're all a little bow curious as bo Nick's He was in the second place for the Offensive Rookie of the Year and gets closer and closer to Jaydon Daniels. What do you think is more likely to come away.
Speaker 3: With the hardware? Bow Nicks or Travis Are?
Speaker 2: You know, Oh, oh ooo oooh, that's a good one. I thought you were gonna say bo or Jaydon Daniels. Gosh, that's a real toughy because I mean, look for me, Bow continues to get better each week. That is what's been incredible. I think his progress from week one to week twelve. If anybody tells you, oh yeah, I saw this coming there lying to you, nobody thought he would have been this much progress at this point. It's just it's pretty incredible to me. He continues to get better. And the big thing that stands out to me about Bo less his touchdowns and more his lack of turnovers.
Speaker 4: He doesn't take stack. I think, oh gosh, you mean.
Speaker 2: A tough one here. I'm gonna have to go with Travis for who I think is more likely.
Speaker 4: Can I call it a tie? That's tough.
Speaker 3: We'll let you off the hook on that one with a tie.
Speaker 1: And uh, we appreciate you obviously spend some time CBS is romy bean. Uh, I'll put you on the spot next week. We'll see, but I hope you have a good Thanksgiving. We look forward to hearing you doing prime time this year. Not that we don't like Mark Johnson, but it'll be a refreshing change, and maybe Mark can record some of those lines we've been waiting for, Grant. We've been we've been reading these lines because we want Mark's aggressive style.
Speaker 3: But you know what, maybe we need a romy Bean soundboard too.
Speaker 2: Grant, I'm gonna procres my best Mark for the show.
Speaker 3: Gosh every time, that's that's my favorite. I love Mark Johnson, but we do need we need a Roby Bean sound We'll get on. We'll get to work on that real soon.
Speaker 2: I have to say before you let me go, like and I don't mean this, it's.
Speaker 5: Not blasphemous at all, but I feel like it's God had a voice.
Speaker 2: It would be Mark Johnson's voice. You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm not opposed to that. I'm not pay If the devil had a voice would be me. So that that works out.
Speaker 5: There, You got it, Koa.
Speaker 3: See, this is what we do, Robbie. We appreciate the.
Speaker 1: Time as always, you guys check her out on on CBS.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite sportscaster. Roby Bean. Look forward talking to you again next week.
Speaker 2: You guys are the best.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Yep, Happy Thanksgiving, Roby Bean, CBS four