Speaker 1: Aren't y'all tired of these cloud chasings and no chemistry radios?
Speaker 2: Which is which is right? Culty, We actually got something of that.
Speaker 3: This is Touchdowns and Tangents, your weekly spot for NFL takes topical tangencies and context for the coach got.
Speaker 2: So tune in, tune in because you never know if any of the take. But either way away at the touchdowns down, what's up? Good people?
Speaker 3: Touchdowns and Tangents Here from Hawsthorne, California.
Speaker 2: I m P. D Camrio and he is got up. I'm sinking tired. All right, Well that's the energy we're showing the show with.
Speaker 1: But uh, you know, my name is my name? You know by now hopefully talks about my name is Pete.
Speaker 3: Kenneth Frank James Bay. Thank you anyways, Yeah, I forgot what I was gonna say. Oh, I was gonna say, hopefully I'll remember to upload the episode this week.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so no episode was up.
Speaker 3: There and we're actually on time, but we're not live, so it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: We're just talking in the ether whatever space we're in right now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, the draft isn't a week from a week from today, Oh week go wait, oh week go away, which is crazy snuck up on us. So many interviews, so much content. I think we're just gonna casually drop interviews like, hey, you know we called this guy.
Speaker 2: A lot of rumors still circulating, a lot of last minute workout sessions.
Speaker 3: A lot of chatter about Jackson Darby in the first round, A lot to talk about where gent is gonna go. They didn't a lot to talk about where There's gonna go. They had a last minute workout with the Giant. And people are saying the Saints are wild cardinal for sure door the Raiders are supposed to be a sure thing for gent T, but.
Speaker 2: I guess the Cowboys are also super interested.
Speaker 1: So people were saying the Raiders might take Membo, the missoo left tackle, the missoo right tackle yeh six yep, which is kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: You kind of said he was going to be a fast rising.
Speaker 1: He ran the fastest forty out all the lineman, like a four eight five or something, and he had great testing, and he has a great.
Speaker 2: Tape and you can play tackle or guard.
Speaker 1: And the Saints right tackle just have to retire because the knee problems. So there Carr's alleged or not alleged, but his injury, his shoulder issue where he can miss significant time. It's kind of like, Aspencer Rattler, you don't really need to take a quarterback.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't make sense to take a quarterback, even if.
Speaker 1: You're planning on moving on from Derek Carr after this year, because he has forty six million, because you pro rated his contract, so you still need like you need a right tackle. It's kind of almost obvious what the Saints are gonna do. Like I could see them possibly trading up to get Will Campbell, the LSU tackle. You know, maybe move Trevor Pinning to the right side, but Will Kimball. Will Campbell had left tackle. He's from Louisiana. Speaking of which, Rectipece to Kyraen Lacy he's the NFL draft prospect. His lawyer came up pretty much said he's innocent, and there's so much information that I'm privy to, like the media destroyed the kids name and legacy and just flatinantly lied on him. And he said, oh, I'm coming for people. He's like, I got stuff that's coming out here. His attorney was like, he wasn't even the person who calls the accident. So when people say allegedly, it's like he wasn't the one who caused the accident. He fled the scene, but like the cops, I guess, like chased him the day before his hearing, and they his lawyer was like, yeah, there's no factual, formal charges that have even been filed. So everybody's saying he killed a guy. No charges have been filed, so you can't say he killed someone, and people have just been were destroying that kid on social media.
Speaker 2: He already, like.
Speaker 1: You know, had questions about his character, people saying, oh the whole gun.
Speaker 3: I mean, even if he did, it's not like him losing his life makes anything better, provides any sort of justice.
Speaker 2: It just makes it more tragic and sad. He shot himself.
Speaker 3: He killed himself because nobody deserves to die that way, and he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't have to, Like he made a rash decision. That's what it's like you would saying, oh, your brain isn't fully developed into your twenty five It really isn't. You look back at like twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, and you're like, damn, I was kind of fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: When I was younger. It's kind of sad.
Speaker 1: I was like really emotionally erratic or like he realized, Oh, I'm glad, I'm better than who I used to be.
Speaker 2: But it's is so fortunate. You know, they killed.
Speaker 1: Kyra relates, she kills himself. He ran a four or five l stu's pro day, great time for him. Some people almost had him as the first round tick, first round pick. Potentially he's gonna go high. You know, he transferred from Louisiana, got to play at LSU, you live out his dream shat behind a bunch of first round picks, and you know, it's just unfortunate that he chose to take his own life.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's just kind of like.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of there's way more dramatic stuff happening around this draft than last year.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: I think there's gonna be a lot of trade movement, which I mean, we'll talk a little bit about more later. But one other things that came out this past week is there's gonna be players making the second Brown selections.
Speaker 2: So real quick.
Speaker 3: The list as is, Patrick Peterson, Keith Brooking, Jason Brown, Lee Evans, Chubber, Hubbard, There's White, Tim Cremery, Joe Thomas, Travis, Frederick, Bonnie Ball, Terry and Arnold, Mason, Crosby, Amon Green, James Jones, Jerry Kramer, Clayton Matthews, Jordie Nilson, Dave Robinson, Owen Daniels, Jonathan Taylor, Aric Armstead, t J. Slaughter, Dante Hall, Steve Westnowsky, Melvin Gordon, Michael Brockers, Alec Ingle, Stu Voyd, James White, Ryan Ramsack, Jason Seahorn, John Abraham Big, John Abraham o Allen, Lynn Swan, Julian Peterson, Sewn, Alexander, Richard Sherman, Simeon Rice, Keith Bullock, and Gary Clark. So in that group, I think about twelve of them are Wisconsin alumni, just because obviously the drafts in Green Bay, they want to make sure Wisconsin's well represented. I think there's like seven or eight Green Bay packers on this list, which obviously they're going to lead the pack as far as that, and I think.
Speaker 2: There's like three or four Hall of Famers on here.
Speaker 3: And there's one more fun fact about this group, Oh, a bunch of them are from the two thousand drive class. Since this is twenty five years since then. That class. That's why you see guys like trying to Alexander on the list. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see some some familiar guys from our golden era watching foot, watching football, and really playing man.
Speaker 1: The crazy part is there really are a lot of dudes who aren't here anymore.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I still have the Drew Brees Madden cover and a couple of other older ones, and it's like some.
Speaker 2: Of the people in this game are no longer here.
Speaker 1: Some of the people in this game sons our first round picks Patrick Sartain Jr.
Speaker 2: Crazy word, absolutely crazy. I thought you had I thought you're gonna say something, so I kind of paused. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, slip to Kyrie Jackson too. By the way, it's been almost a year since he died. Yeah, I got drafted. Uh by the Vikings, it was him and his friend were killed at the car accident because some drunk bitch wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she she should get suited into another lifetime.
Speaker 2: Crashes all her fault us You want to talk about for the draft before we move on? Uh, Yeah, I mean there's mostly.
Speaker 1: There's mostly just a lot of talk about like the value of quarterbacks in this draft, because like Jalen Milwirl was one of the seventeen people who got invited to the Combine, I mean, not the combine, got invited to the draft, and it's like most people who get invited to the draft, you're going first round.
Speaker 2: That's why they're inviting you.
Speaker 1: So if it turns to a situation where he doesn't, I just feel really bad for him because I remember what Lamar went through, or what a handful of other guys went through.
Speaker 2: DK.
Speaker 1: I think DK showed up in the draft, he had to wait till the next day. Like that's embarrassing, especially if every if everybody like prognosticated you to go first round. That's why a lot of prospects are like, man, I'm an throw a draft party with my family as Ash was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't blame folks blayme folks for wanting to avoid that whole, entire awkward situation. I mean, there's not a whole lot to gain from it when you really think about it. I mean, unless that's really the physical moment you've envisioned your head.
Speaker 2: It's like, what's really the benefit of being there.
Speaker 3: You know, you're just for going having that moment at home with the people that matter most to have it, you know, really to really be a fish in a bowl you think about it and just sit there and watch and have people watch you sweat it out as you kind of determine where your life's gonna begin. So I think it's a lot of unnecessary pressure, which I mean, if you're not a lock, why would you put yourself in that situation? To me, yeah, man, this trucks. Like I said, I think there's gonna be a lot of movement. I think it's gonna be really interesting, especially after those first.
Speaker 2: Four to five picks. Coach football, you go to UCLA. Yeah, I guess you got the money you wanted.
Speaker 1: I mean, remember he signed a three year, eight million dollar deal out of high school to go to Tennessee and he was trying to get money and reports you're saying his dad was trying to get more money going into the playoffs. Like this kid lends you to a playoff, you need to pay him more money. And Josh Iippel stuffed to his guns, as you should have because you should.
Speaker 3: Stand on Well, I was listening to some people saying, and they were saying, you know, you gotta remember, like he signed this deal out of high school and basically it kind of set the standard for a lot of people, and so everyone just kind of leap frogged him because he really set the standard. But that's not the university's fault, and that was a university standpoint is you know, hey, we made this big investment in you early, so played out, played out, you know.
Speaker 1: And they went to court behind him, they fought, they went to the federal government behind him.
Speaker 3: And his sense was, well, you know, all these other guys are making way more than me because I did set the stand entered.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I see both sides of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just hope, hope for him that he plays well and stop position that he needs to be exactly.
Speaker 1: And if you never get off the ground, there goes your draft. Your draft prospects are in the tank because you hasn't produced a good quarterback and how long. Not just that, but if it's about the money, get your CHILEID. You don't care if you make it to the NFL or not. Fine, But if I want to make it to the NFL, I'll have stayed at Tennessee for sure.
Speaker 3: Right, he got Joe Milton got more of a chance to win at Tennessee.
Speaker 1: All what I'm saying is Josh Tiper got Joe Milton drafted.
Speaker 2: Nico was not that great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had nineteen touchdowns, but like only four of those touchdowns were actually against against SEC opponents. Most of his touchdowns came against non conference against weaker schools like Chad Nooga and shit, he never really tore it up last year. It's more Dylan Sampson was the anchor than offense and Thornton at receiver.
Speaker 2: So you know it, just.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see what happens when you u see La and what he does, because yeah, everybody else pulled out, Tulane pulled out, and honestly, you could probably say people schools arecluding against him because it's like, why would you not show up to spring the spring game the last practice, bro, Like you could have just showed up to the spring game. Did did you deal with this and be like, hey, coach, I'm out? Just I was just like, all right, man, if you don't play good and you get benched, you be from a cautionary tale and a lot of these polities and fathers man.
Speaker 2: Kid becomes a quarterback and you start over.
Speaker 1: You start overreaching when it comes to their value before they even do anything.
Speaker 2: And it's like, I get it.
Speaker 1: You see the white qbs, you know they get away with murder, they get to do whatever they want. Coming to the high school, they'll get an il situation. But guess what, there's plenty of white qbs that have been five stars that have flopped and the same thing remains the same. If you're not gonna play good, they're not gonna pay good. Shout out to Deion Sanders. The end of the day, the money was always gonna be better in the SEC. So it's like you're gonna get it anywhere you want to get it there and you say A was five and seven, So it's like, how much better is you gotta make them? And we know you can't play in the cold because we saw what Ohio State did to you that felt kind impersonal. Well, watch the game. You went like eleven for thirty one. He's terrible, and it's it's just like with policing parents, it's almost sets a bad presence. You remember what happened with to his dad and how his dad threatened for him to transfer if he didn't play over Jalen in that whole mess. And look how it turned out. Jalen turned out to be the better quarterback and Jaylen's better than the tour. It's not even really close. But it's just I just hope they know what they're doing. But yeah, speaking of Colorado, uh Deon Sanders called out Virginia for offering one of his players, Omar Stottmeyer, son of former NFL player, It offered him bread and he said, I'm gonna let you. We let you get away with one, but you're not gonna keep doing so. You pretty much called them out for tampering and trying to buy players.
Speaker 3: Virginia, University of Virginia. I mean, isn't everyone doing that? I mean not just the status these days.
Speaker 1: Ironically Colorado says they don't do that, but they're but in the Mountain West, they their kids get post all the time. So it's definitely true because some of these players got offered a million. How much do you think Gent got offered to leave that he didn't even entertain. That's the crazy, like Gent could have got so much more money for sure, and he probably would have been a number overall pick had he gone to like an SEC school, but uh yeah, so Colorado at the spring game, which is also the same day as Jresselemania, they're gonna retiresha George Sanders number two Jersey and Travis Sanders number twelve, And people got some backlash to it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he never won a bowl game. They were good for one year. I feel that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you were the one saying that there's people on their championship teams that don't even got their number retired.
Speaker 1: Yeah there, dude, Like there's a first round pick corner who wore number two, who was a better player than Shador was, and he didn't get his JADGE retired. Cordell Stewart number ten. He don't have his jerdge retired. I think some of the running backs, like some of the greatest players in school history, don't have their numbers retired.
Speaker 2: Chad Brown don't have his number retired. But you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Retire Shadors, which I understand. He really is the best quarterback they've had since Cordell. But then you should also retire ten. But I get why he's doing it. The coach's son, and yeah, he kept college he take Travis Hunter out of it. Chador was the most important piece to Dion coming to Colorad So I get why they're retiring this jersey and number two, but they should also bring up the history that they were great players in Colorado well before Chador showed up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's interesting if they're doing that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Brian Erlacker's son, Kennedy Erlacker, was at Notre Dame for one season and he hopped into Portal. He said, three star safety, but he has hello offers and I think he's gonna be a really good player. It's gonna be interesting to see where he lands and when there's a chance he get into better at sea.
Speaker 2: You never know. North Carolina got a quarterback.
Speaker 1: From South Alabama, Geo Lopez, which is kind of interesting because you know, I didn't think Belichick was really in the portal like that.
Speaker 2: But oh.
Speaker 1: And also Rifley so wide receiver for Syracuse, Trevor Pinna. He called out his former head coach. Really no Syracuse had. Syracuse head coach Fran Brown called out Trevor Pena. He said, we paid him enough, he was gonna get paid more. There are some numbers that he asked for that even feel you know, he's got them feel comfortable paying him. That got treated him right, did everything that was needed. He just said, y'all, I got a dip.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was actually the leading receiver for their team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty four catches, nine hundred and forty one yards and nine touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 1: He's a team captain and he was the.
Speaker 2: They went ten to three.
Speaker 1: You know, his first year, he said, you're not gonna make two million. That's the little homie Jeremiah Smith at Ohio State. Nobody else making two million. Inn I l unless Travis Hunter is gonna come back, he can get that, but you can't get two million. And apparently the dude, the receiver didn't even ask for two million.
Speaker 2: But still it's.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I mean, I gets he kind of used the kid as an example, but apparently the kid wasn't actually asking for two million, but it just it reads good on his part. So he's like, Okay, yeah, we lost the receiver, bro. But like some of you, we all had great production. But you think that production means you should get paid, and it's like, no, it was a system. You got Kyle McCord throwing you so Notre Dame lost another quarterback to the transfer portal, Steve van Jelly. He could have been the start of this year. He was a four star.
Speaker 2: What up? See? Yeah, this spring window crazy.
Speaker 1: So across twenty twenty games or twenty appearances he had, he completed seventy two and a half percent of his passes, seven one hundred and seventy two passing yards, ten touchdowns, one pick, and he helped them beat Penn State.
Speaker 2: He's a red shirt junior, so I get why he would leave.
Speaker 1: He might get a bag from Tennessee since now they have two point four million to not spend. Also, Lee Corso is going to retire from college game day after a week one of the college foot ball twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: It's about like ninety so.
Speaker 1: Voice of an error. He was actually seventeen to oh. Anytime he picked the USC he put in the Trojan helmet, which is kind of crazy. That's crazy, and the INSLAS announcing new rule changes, including the effort to.
Speaker 2: Combat players faking injuries. So I under the new rule.
Speaker 1: Of medical person that we are forced to enter the field of play. He've got an injured player after the ball is spotted by the officiating crew, the players team will be charged the timeout. If the team doesn't have any armaining timeouts, a five yard delay of game penalty will be assessed and pretty much injury time. I penity came after a lot of college football people the community were tired of players faking injuries to slow down other teams momentum.
Speaker 2: So I actually like the rule a lot.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, if you not hurt, get your ass up, you won't burn the time out, you won't get a delayed game penalty.
Speaker 2: Kind of keeps teams honest. So you know, I'm cool with that. That's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, jay Not Cal lost five running backs to the transfer portal. They lost all their running backs and jay Not went to Oklahoma one of the best running backs in the country. Probably gonna be a first round pick next year. You stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seems like every every week there's a big transfers and also man, Yeah, of course it was kind of the voice of her college football generation. He gets some sometime to enjoy his life, all right. First one is the Raiders Max Crosby. It was announced this past week that he'll be joining his alma mater as.
Speaker 2: An assistant a d.
Speaker 3: He made, like I think a million dollar donation or something like that, and pretty much they're bringing them on to help with recruiting, like jumping on zoom calls, things of that nature, and just helping them close deals. So take her tangent Kenny Max Crosby being the first active player to take on an administrative role with his college athletic program.
Speaker 1: It's dope because he's one of the highest drafted players, like over a decade. He's gonna help bankroll some things for them.
Speaker 2: So that's that's kind of dope.
Speaker 4: At that at the end of the day, if you're just it's just him, if you're a three or four star player that's thinking about going there, you know, you can't look at match Crosby and say, well, hey, you can't do it from here, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, because Crosby got out the mud and he's at where he's at, where he's well respected as one of the best defensive players in the league. So you can't take anything away from Eastern Michigan. And so I think it's a waiting for them for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: I mean, other schools already I feel like I already do it. They have like a bigger wumni base. But for a small school guy to get paid like that, I want to come back.
Speaker 2: It's definitely going to help the program.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, they changed the the LEO position they know, call it the max position. So would you want you're an alma mater to change the name of Let's say, I don't know, nose tackle to the Kendid.
Speaker 1: I mean, are we going to change the Sundy opposition? In are changing Sunday positions? I can think of a couple of names. I mean, it would it would be honorable. It would be like I care more about the number, Like if you wear number seventy three, you better ball the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Your inspiration to the team or something, or like you know like that, Like it would. I would want it to mean something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I like that position if not a number, And if you don't retire my number, Yeah, the position I played, you name it after me.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty dope. I would love that, all right. The Browns traded for Joe Flacco take her?
Speaker 2: Wait, have Joe Flacco? Ain't Kenny Pickett? Is that what? Yeah, you're the one who told me that. You're the one who told me that Brown traded for Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't think they traded for Joy They signed him, didn't they? They traded for Kenny Pickett, they signed Joe Flacco.
Speaker 2: Give me rumors and shambles. Yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to be Cleveland this draft. But if you don't take it, QB, you better take up Bill Carter or Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: Apparently Joe Flacco had a really booming market because it looks like the Vikings were trying to get him. Looks like the Ravens were trying to bring him back. You're not talking to mic Kenny.
Speaker 1: Why would you bring him back to Baltimore. It's the Mars trap. Joe Flacco stopped being the best quarterback in team history after Lamar's rookie year.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that is a crazy quarterback room. Moving on the h Buffalo Bills brought back a your Davious White on a one year, six minute dollars deal.
Speaker 2: You gotta take your attentionent on that, and good to.
Speaker 1: See him end up back at home and honestly, he'll probably fit right in in the slot. Wish the writers would have drafted him coming out of college.
Speaker 2: But he's what it is. I mean it doesn't hurt, right.
Speaker 3: He's a familiar face. You know what you're gonna get, and their defense can need all the help they can get.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: The uh Bears gave Kyler Gordon a three year, forty million dollars deal. Ice paid slot corner. Take her at tagent. That's a win. It's an easy win.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Jimmy Lake and all the defensive backs at Washington he helped get paid. Because he helped Kyler Gordon get paid, their secondary is one of the best in the league. So saluted them.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Moving on touchdown on her turnover again, this should be a breeze through, all right, So basically the basically the Dolphins are open to train Jaalen Ramsey touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 1: Touchdown I can turn for draft Picks's washed. I mean he's he's better as a safety at this point of his career. He could be all pro safety right now. His elite corner days are over. Just not there too many injuries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Samy's defense is it's just underperforming. Like bro, just be a free safety or be a strong safety and get your bag.
Speaker 2: Still one of the best in the league. You still got to respect.
Speaker 1: Jayalen Ramsey like he had all American tapers and safety and a corner of people tend to forget that sometimes. So yeah, on that same note, I'm going to fresh Start to trade me to a contender, trade me to the Ravens.
Speaker 3: On that same note, apparently the Dolphins are no longer interested in trading Tarik Kill, which is interesting that they see more potential for you know, saving caps and getting getting.
Speaker 2: Value out of Hill over Ramsey.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I think in my mind it's it's easier to find a receiver than it is a dB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one.
Speaker 1: So former Cowboys off the lineman Donald Smith chose to retire after fourteen years.
Speaker 2: That's trying to turn over that he's retiring.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, I think it's a touchdown for him because.
Speaker 2: He's still black.
Speaker 3: We really don't need to see him play in another jersey. Like the Cowboys weren't willing to pay his price, so he went to the Jets just to prove that he get back from rehappened. It wasn't washed, and he did that, but he still had injuries. And if he's not fully committed and locked in and willing to do that. Again, I don't blame him, he doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: He's or not right.
Speaker 3: He's proved himself as a pro bowler at all pro So if he says he's done, who am I to say he's not? So I'm going to say it's a touchdown for him, and a touchdown that the Cowboys brought him back and allowed him.
Speaker 2: To retire in the Cowboys jersey. He should have never left jerseys. Patrick Jerry's on his own.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's crazy because Jack Martin and Tyronsman retired. Yep, all right, so Patrick Peterson retired as a Cardinal for about thirteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say this touchdown.
Speaker 3: I don't Again, I don't think any of us are really gonna remember Patrick Peterson's third act with the Vikings, but we really remember him basically being an island with the Cardinals. And people forget like there were talks about him being an offensive ThReD when he was coming out. He was an All Pro kick returner and returner as a rookie. So you had like four returns for touchdowns and people don't even talk about that.
Speaker 1: He was so great as a returner to there to stop playing him and just keep him at corner and then that infamous picture would meg a tron and his visor. That's the Hall of Fame. That was the best corner there my opinion, better than you, better than Reevens. Honestly, I'm starting from scratch. Give me Patrick Peterson over DRIs.
Speaker 3: The Eagles are apparently still trying to trade a Dell's Godark touchdown or turnover.
Speaker 1: That's a turnover, bro, Just keep them, give them until you know you haven't trader. At least draft a tight end or replace him. Remove Johnny Wilson to tight end. I don't know, but yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Keep him on the rosteries tight end, draft his replacement, and if it works.
Speaker 2: Out, then you trade him in the middle of the year. It's that simple.
Speaker 3: But I think at this point you need a tight end that can push the ball vertically, and there's some in this draft, but you just got to make sure you get one. Yeah, there's a lot of people talking about the top tight end in the draft kind of being a wild card, and nobody really knows where he's gonna go.
Speaker 2: But she's a love letter Tyler Warren.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. No one knows where Tyler Warren is gonna go. They expect him to go in the first round. It's just where ye.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: And then on that same note, Jaire Alexander is still reportedly on the block. His market is starting to eat up a little bit more with the draft around the corner touchdown or turnover Gaie's market eating.
Speaker 2: Touchdown because the Packers clearly want to move on from him.
Speaker 1: He's not really helping the team morale for sure. It's like you better just get him out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna says the touchdown too. I think the layer to me is what we already talked about with Jalen Ramsey, which one of those dominoes kind of moves first. In my opinion, I'm interested to see where that goes.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Miami Dolphins and former Saints off of the tackle. John Armstay retired too. Yeah, I mean it's a touchdown.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's a turnover for the Dolphins because they were already looking like they're taking a step back.
Speaker 2: You got one more hole and what he was only there what two years? Three years? He didn't play because he can't getting hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so and he had one of like he walked away from a lot of money.
Speaker 2: But it's also like you're screwed.
Speaker 1: I mean they got they took that tackle out of Texas, I mean out of Houston from last year, Paul so like that dude said he wants to be the left tackle.
Speaker 2: We'll see, but I would be worried for Tua. Colton Miller wants a new deal.
Speaker 3: He has not been president tas may hold out, but it's a new deal, So touchdown and cold.
Speaker 2: Miller wanted a new deal.
Speaker 1: Turnover our for sure trade but didn't give up h tax last year.
Speaker 2: That's really not even not a lot. That's actually is a lot for that. He's not an elite left tackle, so why do you want a new deal. You know he's a good left top, he's not elite left left tackles. Don't give up. I think the big thing, though, is that gave up. I'm disgusting about.
Speaker 3: No, it's not even that he gave up. He just redid his deal last year.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he he wanted to show that he could stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Which he was. I think that's why he wants a new deal.
Speaker 3: But there's just so much transition with that team right now that I don't think now is the time for you to be barking up because Cold Miller traded Cold.
Speaker 2: Miller for Jayler Ramsey. Let's make it happen right.
Speaker 3: There are reports that the Raiders are open to giving Jaquorian Jakobe Myers a long term deal.
Speaker 2: Touchdown or turnover. That's the turnover, bro.
Speaker 1: I get that he doesn't drop any passes, but I've never seen a dB go oh my god, look.
Speaker 2: Out, it's Jakobe Myers. Let's relaxed.
Speaker 1: Relax He's not He's not even on Brian Thomas Junior's level.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think you need to give him a big deal. I don't think you're giving him a market sitting deal. But I think if you want to continue in the culture, I don't think it hurts to re sign one of your most productive and consistent players, especially if you can get more cap space and the short term out of it, so you can add another receiver opposite him. If you do get a great if you do get another great receiver, he may he may have an even better year.
Speaker 1: You know, you know he is to get a thousand yard receiving now in seventeen games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, a thousand yards Rushian.
Speaker 3: It's very tell that to to a lot of these guys because they're not everyone's doing it.
Speaker 1: And Buddy barely had a thousand yards. It wasn't like he had fifteen hundreds. No, he barely hit a thousand, and I.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean yeah, but he was also like the third option how many games in the year. Not towards the end of the year he wasn't, but at the end of the year he was. So I'm just trying to figure out how they had two thousand yard receivers last year. And on that same note, the Broncos are also open to sending Courtland Sun's deal touchdown or turnover that should.
Speaker 2: Be a touchdown. You gotta keep a receiver like.
Speaker 1: That around and happy because he really is your best option out there.
Speaker 2: Who else I got a receiver?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, they got a vele the Rickie, they got somebody else.
Speaker 2: Ms, they got somebody else too, pressed he's your best receiver. Do it.
Speaker 1: At Marcus Coulston. This is he's the Marcus Colston kind of receiver. Even though he has some speed, he's closer until the type of player Marcus Coaston was with how Marcus Colston produced.
Speaker 2: Then he is a Jerry Judy or Thomas No. I think.
Speaker 3: Think he's a little bit better after the catch than Marcus.
Speaker 2: He is. He's faster too.
Speaker 3: He's like one of the leaders in yards after contact in the whole league.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah he is.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying like in production wise, he's worth He's worth paying top dollar. He produces like a top ten receiver when giving the ball.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I looked at dk metcalf Staffs stats. He had nine hundred and like ninety six receiver yards this year. Yeah, I know, such about it, like if it wasn't for I think, and then one year he had nine hundred and twenty three. So he just really wasn't getting the ball.
Speaker 1: And it's like, if it wasn't for those two seasons, you have like six one thousand yard seasons.
Speaker 3: He's actually been held a productive Yeah. I've been telling you that. But for some reason, you're the champion of his hate club. I don't know what he did to you, but I'd be agile. But I mean he pulled an RB Singer.
Speaker 2: So all right, uh, fair faid, fair fad.
Speaker 3: The whole talk of this week has basically been the Saints. We talked about at the top of the show, they're kind of a wild card to take your door. Now they're folks saying, basically, Derek Carr's faking a shoulder injury because he knows that the Saints want a QB. But where I get lost is Derek Carr also just restructured his deal with them, which also didn't make sense because it made it harder for the Saints to get out of his deal.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what the fuck.
Speaker 3: Is going on with the Saints and Derek Carr right now.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's fair or to fade? It's a fade.
Speaker 1: I think they're just saying we'd rather throw money at him just to make sure he shows up and then just drafts as replacement and walk away. You don't chase bad money after bad money. I feel like they're kind of doing that. They don't take it. But now you need to write tackle.
Speaker 3: So it's like you kind of are gonna have to take a tackle at nine or eight whatever they're draft or seven whatever their draft to get No they're at nine, I think they're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Take a tackle.
Speaker 3: I think the other part that people are reading into about this, as far as the Saints is like at his pro day he was like, oh, it's pretty good closer or Black and Gold like. So, I don't know if Shador because because remember when they were saying a few or last year or two years ago that they don't want him to just go anywhere. They want him to go somewhere he can be successful. They want him to go to a good organization. It's like, well, why would you go.
Speaker 1: To the Saint Kellen Moore is the head coach now, So.
Speaker 2: I hope it works out.
Speaker 3: But you're also putting yourself right in the crossfires of Michael Pendix and he's a cold dude. And not just that you're going to be in a shadow, it's going to be you two compared your entire careers in the NFC South. You price turns into anything, then he's right there too.
Speaker 1: So you better beat out Spencer Rattler. Yeah, because that's what you're going up against.
Speaker 3: But as far as Derek Carr's part in it, I mean, I think if you didn't want to be there, why would you restructure your deal. You should have just been to put your feet in the ground like you do with the Raiders and force their hand.
Speaker 2: Either trade you or cut you.
Speaker 3: You know you did the math, and you know there's no nowhere else for you to end up except for maybe in Pittsburgh, which you're only a little bit better than Kenny Pickett, but you're a lot worse than Aaron Rodgers, so that doesn't really make a lot of sense either. So yeah, Derek Carr is just basically hedging his bed in terms of hoping the Saints can't land their guy. Their guy never gets to them, and he's just a de facto guy for another year and he gets that big contract either way.
Speaker 2: Right, He's gonna get it paid either way.
Speaker 3: But at least now he can say he's doing the dance, when in reality he's kind of just protecting his own interest and being a coward about it, which there's a lot of the reason why a lot of Rader fans hate him.
Speaker 2: You got to secure your money up front, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 1: I can't be mad at that as a businessman, but he is holding this franchise hostage.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: And this next one, Kenny, you should probably not say anything about it, but I'm willing to. The NFL banned seven different helmets, including in optional. They kept the guardian helmets optional, even though there's been a lot of research on that they do decreasing concussions.
Speaker 2: And I going to say that's a fade because.
Speaker 3: Over what the last twenty years we've learned about CTE and over the last you know, ten fifteen years, we've learned learned more and more about concussions and just brain injuries and things. What are we doing all that for if when we find solutions and we innovate and we create things that address these issues and problems, don't lean into them or you know, we tread lightly. And I get it, you want to protect the sanctity of the game, But at what point do you start protecting your most precious your most precious asset, your athletes.
Speaker 2: When does that become the priority? Right? So I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: You don't worry about protecting the records when you add an extra game or or when you take away the cack return, right, but you're worried about it in terms of adding better equipment. I mean, at this point, we're starting to see smart cleats come out where the cleats are actually moving and adjusting to how people are cutting, so that way people's feet and knees aren't getting stuck to the ground when they cut or get trampled on in a weird situation, which has also been shown to reduce ACL strain and injuries and ankle injuries, which I'm like, man, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: The NFL should take the lead on that.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't wait for these other startup leagues to do it or all this, because that's the thing is, even if these things exist, they never go anywhere until the NFL uses them or whatever.
Speaker 2: Cause it's like the chicken before the egg.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't know if these things work at the highest level until they work at the highest level.
Speaker 2: The highest level will continue to gate keep and.
Speaker 3: Say, oh, well, oh you did that in sec football, but you know, the NFL's faster or we hit harder, like it's different. Well, how are we going to know that if we don't do it. How are we going to know that if we don't test and iterate and make it better. But yeah, they just continue to gatekeep, and you know, because the other part of it is un this is the part people don't talk about, is they have these equipment partnerships. So it's like, yeah, if asinec startup makes a helmet that can change how contact is absorbed. Guess what, Riddell and Should and all these other guys, they're not gonna be able to make that exact helmet for seven years until the patent comes out. So guess what, They're not going to do that deal because they already have a deal, and the person they have a deal with can't build up the technology that you can. So that's where the rubber meets the road. It's like it's not even about the price, because, yeah, if you told me a helmet was twenty dollars, what's twenty times more? Okay, it's a twenty thousand dollars helmet, but I'm protecting my forty million dollar investment Archase or Joe Burrow or any of these guys. You wouldn't put a twenty thousand dollars helmet on one of those guys. Are you kidding me? Like, is that really what you're talking about? No, of course you do it. And what's twenty thousand dollars to these guys, right, it's nothing, It's a write off, it's equipment. So yeah, for me, I just think it's crazy because it's like, no matter.
Speaker 2: How much you say, you.
Speaker 3: Prioritize play your safety until you start implementing these new techs, knowledgies and make it easier for them to.
Speaker 2: Move past this red tape.
Speaker 3: Like we're just gonna get the same results that we always get with the same equipment we've always been using, right, and in fact, now people want to use less equipment, Like no one's even wearing knee pads or thighpads anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's.
Speaker 3: Just the state of the system, like until they start adapting and trying new things, Like, you can't really say you prioritize player safety because really you're just prioritizing the systems that are already in place, whether that's physical or partnerships. It's it's all the status quo for the NFL. All right, Well that was it for my little tirade. But yeah, so, Kenny, are you ready to wrap up the show and tell people what you need to get off your chest from this week?
Speaker 1: No, but sometimes you gotta hear yourself say something, just all right, So, uh, Rustlemania's this week triple h Ak Paulovac decided to just fully come out the right wing bag talking about how good of a person Trump is and it's a pro Trump rhetoric saying, you know, he's good for business in terms of how she feels something. He can play a heel, he can play a villain. He understands like how to emotionally get to people. And I'm like, bro, he's literally disobeying a nine zero fucking court order from the highest court in the war in the fucking country. He's blatantly disobeying things, crashing our fucking stock market. Like oh yeah, and then Roman Rains. I always knew I couldn't trust Roman rans.
Speaker 2: Uh. He's an fan the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Get yeah him, there's pictures of them.
Speaker 2: He's also a fan.
Speaker 1: Him ripplingly a bunch of w W w W stars got Raider gear.
Speaker 2: But my thing is.
Speaker 1: Roman Rains called himself a centrist. He's a Democratic, but he's a centrist. So it's like somebody had the somebody had a meme where it's like people black people fighting against slavery in the Klan and then the wanting to hang black people, and then it's like a centrist in the middle, let's compromise, Like that's Roman Rains.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, it's kind of cowardly to say you're a centrist.
Speaker 1: When you're saying you're pro Trump, you don't agree with everything he says and does. But when Trump got hired, the first thing he did was slash cancer research and funding. You know who has leukemia, Roman raims. You know it's been who has to like take cancer medication the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: Roman rains. But you voted for dude. Like all the rich people are coming out the bag.
Speaker 1: They don't fuck with you, Like I'm just glad all these rich ass people say, oh, we're pro Trump, Like yeah, all of y'all dirty. You do fucked up business behind the scenes. You're just not one of the brokies anymore, and you don't want to ever be. He talks about how he has like about a couple that's just left by one or two years left Maximum's deal, and then he's pretty much into going to acting. All these cats, rich people with fucked up views, who vote for people with fucked up views who are gonna make the country worse doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: It's country has lost the plot and.
Speaker 1: It's sad Like you, you're only as strong as like the weakest person. So if you're not putting things in place to where no matter where you're at in this country, you can be uplifted with hard work and other things, and you know, instead you're just gonna constantly be racially divisive and dismissive and try to eliminate the uh goals and the success and the legendary things black people in this country have done and other people who are non white in this country have done, because you think that anything that a white person didn't do is de i And you're a fucking Polynesian married to a black woman. That's that's kind of hilarious that that's Roman Range's voting stance. But it doesn't surprise me. Stress With wrestling, a lot of people wrestling are conservative on the quiet, what it is, what it is.
Speaker 2: Should be. Honestly, I think a lot of them fake the funk too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the heels are like a lot of people who play heels are actually good people.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of them fake the funk too, just because they don't want to piss off their audience.
Speaker 2: But you left, why would he come out and say this I'm not saying is I'm just saying what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Why would you come out and say this right before Mania and wrestling Twitter and black twittering, everybody's just kicking off in his ass. Everybody kicking off on Triple and Triple H's ass. Like, Bro, this is the worst possible pr you could do going into your biggest show of the year.
Speaker 2: Why the fuck would you say all these things? Because he's in the bad end, It's all.
Speaker 1: Stephanie Mann is like, no douchebag policy on my show. But you have Dana White, a known wife beater. So what I'm saying, like white people are just really funny to me, Like y'all will really excuse anything because this dude beat the ship out of his wife and we all saw it. He's a good person, but ray Rice had to have his life destroyed.
Speaker 2: Got it cool? Got it? Just now I know the rules.
Speaker 1: But yeah, mostly just making it through this week and that's a headache. So I'm probably just gonna.
Speaker 2: Go like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for me, I mean, it's Easter, so I think it's a good time as ever to.
Speaker 2: Really just kind of.
Speaker 3: Maybe not full reset yourself, but just kind of reset your mindset, find something to give yourself hope, and keep going whatever you're going through. I know, for me, I've been going through a job search, job transition, whatever you want to call it. So past week, things have comfortable, circle gotten a little bit better, My leads have gotten a little bit hotter.
Speaker 2: Things are moving in the right direction.
Speaker 3: And it hasn't always been that way over the past couple of months, and so there's been downtimes, But right now with Easter, I mean, I think it's important to remember the reasons and the things that give you hope and express gratitude towards the things in your life and the opportunities that you do have in front of you. I think whatever position you're in, I know there's always change and there's always transition. I think Spring is a reminder of when that transition can be healthy. And whether you're going through it or you want to go through it, or you're preparing to go through it, you know, sometimes you just got to make sure that you're your best self so that you're able to adapt when that time comes, when those changes happen, when those transitions occur, Because once you're your full self and you're in that position to thrive, like once you get the circumstances to thrive, everything's going to align and you're just gonna take off. But if you're not, then you're just gonna have to adapt and you're going to finally have what you want, you're not going to be ready for it. And I think that's most people's biggest fear. So for me, I've just been really prepping myself, trying to focus on the things that matter the most to me. And now that things externally, the things I couldn't control, our starting to turn a little bit more in my favor, I feel more ready for them, I feel more clarity, I feel more peace, and again it's a great feeling. So for those of you out there, if you got no other reason, just remember Christ is risen and he's with us all and so you just gotta have a little grace and just keep going because we'll get better. Might not know when, it might not be exactly how you want it, but it will keep going. And so for me, this is just the time to remember that. But yeah, man, this touchouts are Tangents TDS Underscore Tangents Touchdowns at tangents dot com.
Speaker 2: Kenny's eating a sandwich. We're out. Peace