Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have Joseph Powell joined me in the studio. We're gonna talk about Bikes and Bruce two. Joseph, First of all, let's talk about one leg before the other. This is a nonprofit that you started. How long have you guys been around now?
Speaker 2: Well, we're going on in our second year this year.
Speaker 1: Nice and this Bikes and Bruce too. You did one of these last year. I bet that was Bikes and Bruce one, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: See I could be a detective Joe. Oh good. So this has happened at Biggs Bar August twenty third, three to seven pm. And I see it says stunt show at six pm. A stunt show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so during the day we're gonna have some competition, slow ride things like that, and then at six pm, like it says, we're gonna have a stunt show with all of the six contestants, eight contestants, and they're gonna put a show on nice.
Speaker 1: This is Harley Stunt Show, music, food trucks, cold drinks, vendors, games and giveaways. And it's a big fundraiser for one leg before the other. And let's talk about what you guys do. I think this is a really neat thing. So what if somebody came up and said, what is one leg before the other? How do you describe it?
Speaker 2: You know, we just provide seven pairs of pants to homeless and disabled veterans And that's what we just do. It's just that simple.
Speaker 1: And when there's somebody that's in need, you show up. And this is the thing is really cool because I'm like, do you drive around like boxes of pants and he goes no, I show up and I measure to get him the right size. Then I go get the pants. That is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's difficult. I mean it's a journey to do that, but I mean it helps get them out of their time and out of their space a little bit and hopefully changes their outlook on life a little bit when we do that.
Speaker 1: And you've got some people that you know, because of this, they've been able to kind of move forward and get in a little better place in life, haven't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. We put a letter to a DC soldier in every pair of pants to like really change them mentally a little bit, to know that there's somebody out there that didn't make it back quite yet and it's their job to come over here and represent them nice and really put their life together for that person.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's a cool thing. Well, we met a few months back. We did an interview back then, but now in a studio, So thanks for coming in. We get to meet in person here and again bikes and Bruis two. Back when we talked before, that was way way way down. Now it's like it's a few weeks away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we got so far. We got twelve hundred people that said that they're actually going nice. So we're hoping to have the biggest turn out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be really cool and if you have a chance, make plans to join. It's August twenty third. Is that a Saturday?
Speaker 2: It is a Saturday.
Speaker 1: It's a Saturday, and again from three pm to seven pm. Harley Stunt Show that is at six pm, but there's music and food, trucks, cold drinks, vendors, games and giveaways. And the event is free. If I want to just stop either there's no charge to no charge.
Speaker 2: Just come on down, bring your family. It's family oriented. I mean, it's safe for everybody. We got to have a great time.
Speaker 1: And if I want to drop off some pants, can I do that that day?
Speaker 2: Absolute you can look for us. We have a tent setup. It says, one leg before the other. We can get you some brochures. If you want to even have an opportunity to volunteer and get involved, that'd be on this mission.
Speaker 1: Very good, and this is an all ages event. There's a bunch of different bands. And again I'm excited for the Harley Stunt Show. I think that sounds really cool.
Speaker 2: They are good, Yeah, they are good.
Speaker 1: That's at six pm, but again the event starts at three goes till about seven. One Leg before the Other is the name of the organization. If people would like to find you on social media, how do they find you?
Speaker 2: They can check us out on Facebook or they can go on the website at One Leg before the other dot.
Speaker 1: Org nice, very nice. And that's b and the number four right yep, One leg before the other. Dot org again Bikes and Brus two August twenty third at Biggs Bar and Sioux Falls three pm till seven pm. And I'm going to throw a link to make it easy to find at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News. Something Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis Gold Ira dot com. Put your retire ironment plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra a dot com