Speaker 1: All right, the season two finale of Severns happened. It was Thursday night or Friday morning? What time was it? Was it eleven o'clock Thursday night, Thursday. I think they actually dropped a little early for everyone. They dropped to like eight pm. And it is a cultural phenomenon. It is such a popular show. The season two finale of Severns happens, and it's I thought it was incredible. Now I know Skin hasn't seen it yet. Christina, are you caught up?
Speaker 2: I am caught up?
Speaker 3: Okay, So when did you watch the finale?
Speaker 2: Right when it dropped? So we had saved the next to last episode for last week because we were going to watch that Friday night, And as soon as we finished that next to last episode, saw that was up. So I watched it. So finished it all Thursday night before midnight.
Speaker 3: Wow, very aggressive? Same did it?
Speaker 4: After the Texas Tech game? They got a big winning round one of the tournaments. Are they going to keep playing this year? Well, they're in the sweet sixteen now, you know. They got Arkansas and Calipari should be a good matchup. But if they I watched it, probably in those hours between like eleven and one am okay and loved it and didn't want to take the chance of anyone spoiling anything.
Speaker 2: That was a big thing for me too.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how good it is or was or is and it's just a phenomenal show and it might be the best show ever.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's one of those things when you're going through it, recency bias, smackshop, but it's definitely in the mix for being one of the best shows ever.
Speaker 3: But the thing I love about.
Speaker 1: The show so great is that it's they put so much thought and care into every single detail, and it really feels like the guy behind that, or one of the main guys behind that, is Ben Stiller. And so I know he directs. Is he a co creator? Do we know exactly what his title is on the show? Executive producer director? I've not seen him as a co creator, but he sounds like he probably is. Well, Dan Erics, the name of the guy who's the gets credited as the creator.
Speaker 3: Does Dan Erickson have a track record? You know what? Not much of one.
Speaker 1: So what that tells you is that he got hooked up with Ben Stiller, and Ben Stiller got the thing Greenlit, Like, you know, if you if you don't, if you don't have a track record, you need to have some badass champion your stuff. And you know, Ben Stiller's been the focal point of all the chatter about it, right. It's like he's the one that went on Kimmel and talked about it. He's the one that hosts the podcasts and all those things. So you know, if you're if you're a young creator or a new creator, and you have someone like Ben Stiller behind you, even if he's gonna get most of the credit, that's totally worth it.
Speaker 2: I also think Ben Stiller does a lot because there's a few like Wes Anderson nods, which is another reason why I want you to watch it skin because you see it and you're like, dude, that's something a Wes Anderson film would do. That's probably ben Stiller's influence.
Speaker 1: I watched the first two episodes of season one and really liked it, and it reminded me of a Charlie Kaufman thing. Okay, Charlie Coffin, if you don't know, did being John Malkovich Human Nature? The What's the What's the movie with Nick Cage where he plays Twins. Oh yeah, yeah, I know what you're trying to blanket on the name of that, but it totally felt like a Charlie Coffman stuff.
Speaker 3: It's really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's a lot of homages to many different things and uh in hat hat tips if you will, cap tips, and uh, he is. He puts so much thought into every single detail. And I saw it, and you'll see him. And whether it's the podcast or just on social media, you'll see Ben Stiller out there engaging with people about the show, commenting on it like it's it's clearly everybody involves, super passionate about it. Put a lot of thought in between behind everything. And so I'll give you an example. There's some song you would probably know, the song skin, but it's a song in the in the finale at the very end, and the two main characters or two of the main characters are running down a hallway holding hands, and it just so happens that the album cover of that original song was the silhouette of two people running down running holding hands.
Speaker 3: A couple running holding The song is the Windmills of your Mind.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, I mean that's a classic song from the late sixties and it's been used in a lot of films.
Speaker 3: I think it was Michelle Legron that wrote it. I don't know what that but I told it was in The Thomas Crown Affair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was in The Thomas Crown Affair, the original one with Homie the Real Swad. I wan't say Pierce Braus, no, no, no, the original one Steve McQueen, but yeah, Windmills of your Mind was used in a bunch of film. It's a real influential late sixties pop song. I see Ben Stiller commenting on these things, and I can tell that he is like a huge film nerd, a lover of film, and so anytime he has a chance to like pay tribute to something that he's loved and appreciated in film, he'll do that. And so there's a ton of Easter eggs in this thing, some million Easter eggs, even from just if you were a connoisseur of movies and film, there's a ton of Easter eggs.
Speaker 3: But then in the.
Speaker 1: Plot itself, there's just so many bizarre things that just they put so much thought into that it really takes. You can take a junior college course on this show and never even learn everything is the U.
Speaker 3: Is someone singing wind mills of your mind? Yeah? Okay, so did y'all focus in on the lyrics?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I don't remember now, but I do remember.
Speaker 1: It might be worth your time to pull up the lyrics because it's basically it's talking about the idea of time, the idea of everything going in a circle, the idea of things repeating like a windmill, you know.
Speaker 3: Goes in a circle.
Speaker 5: Right. Uh.
Speaker 1: And there's actually there's a lot of kind of I don't know, prophetic lines in that song that probably relate to the movie Where or the show where they're trying to determine what is and what isn't real and what's happening in their mind and what's not crazy?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: There's just uh, you know, the whole idea of the show, if you didn't know, is severance, the idea that it's this revolutionary program where when you go to work, you get off an elevator, it's a step into your workplace. You go to your corporate job, and your brain switches off and switches to a whole different person. Really, and so there's two people sharing your body. You're a work person who doesn't know anything and just goes and works. And then when they get on the elevator to go home, the life is handed back over to you and you get to go on about your life. And and so it's they call it the Audi and the Anye. The person inside is the Nie and it's Uh. There's a scene in the finale where the Any and the Audi of Mark the main character. What is that actor's name, Adam Scott. Adam Scott, who's brilliant from Step Brothers and he's he's an executive producer on the show. He's going back and forth as Any and his Audi are talking to each other, and it's one of the best It's one of the best acting sequences ever at me Award moment, like right, because this guy is playing two different characters as that look the exact same mm hm, but he's and he's in. It's like because he's turning a camera around, he's watching one message to oneself and then recording a message. And so they're talking back and forth to each other, and one of them's outside, so the hue is like blue from the moon, and one is inside, so the hue was like orange from orange from the fireplace. Cool and that's the only way you can tell.
Speaker 4: And I didn't get into like watching these recaps until like the last few episodes, so like, I kind of wish I was doing that from the beginning. Now and this is the show. If you haven't started, it probably sounds pretty intimidating. Yeah, you might be like, it sounds like a gott of work. I'm not going to do that, And I get that because, like you said, I I look forward to now that Severs. Ever, I was looking forward to the White Lotus and the Righteous Gymstones more than I was looking forward to Severns every week. But then they just leveled up when the season finale, it was really great, Like I mean that really great, And then the season finale just came in. It was like Jesus, okay, I get it, Like I fully now I'm gonna become like a real fan.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm with you, because it's like it leveled up hard the season premiere this year me and like, in like twenty minutes, I was like, man, I don't even remember what happened in season one. I had to go watch a recap to get caught up to where I fully bought in. But after that it was just like, oh my god, this is so incredibly good. And so you have Ben Stiller involved in this, and his attention to detail is off the charts, like he is just every tiny minute detail has a meaning to it, it has some significance. And then we start seeing pictures of him on set because he's not acting in this, he's directing. And so we started seeing pictures of him from the set from the finale, and he's wearing our hat. He's wearing the hat for our business, the Rollertown Beer Works hat. Yeah, it's a BRELLERI balls. So he's wearing a Rollertown hat on set. So it's so surreal. You're in this mind f where the show is so deep, with so many layers, in so many details, and you're like, what is real?
Speaker 3: What's not real? And it's just bending your brain.
Speaker 1: And then to see that the person in charge of that brain bending is wearing a Rollertown hat while it's happening, it is so surreal. So is that your work life or is that you're away from work life? You're out right, I know it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you guys make of that?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, so we know he loves the hat, because he's told Ben that on Twitter before.
Speaker 3: I love this hat.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Dirk gave him a Rollertown hat yep, from his tennis term his charity event, and we got to meet him and he did a promo for us for the radio stage. He couldn't have been nicer and so he just left with a hat as part of like a gift pack.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for coming.
Speaker 1: Well, he started showing up to you know, Hollywood events or whatever wearing that hat.
Speaker 3: It was pretty clear no one had ever given him a hat.
Speaker 2: It's the only hat he's ever seen wearing.
Speaker 1: The thing that really got big was that he took his daughters and his I guess it was his ex wife at the time, and maybe they're back together, I'm not sure. But they went to a Taylor's Swift concert and he was wearing the hat. So people were posting pictures, yeah, because it was a big dealers at the Arras tour, Yeah, And it was a big deal because he was with his wife. Who wasn't she in the Brady Bunch movie? Yeah, and she was in Dodgeball and all that. So she's there with him and he's wearing the hat, right, and so but that was a couple of years ago. Yeah, what year was the tennis event? That one was before we started the freak, So it was, yeah, it's September of twenty two. And so what happened as I started posting pictures of him wearing that Rollertown hat in a Salina Facebook group, I was like, hey, look here, Ben Stiller is repping SLNE in the school. And I had multiple people posting it, that's not Ben Stiller. That guy looks like Ben Stiller, but that's not what Ben Stiller really looks like. Now, like, that's not really him, and so, and then I started seeing it on Twitter, people are like, dude, that's not Ben Stiller.
Speaker 3: All right, that guy looks like Ben Siller.
Speaker 1: That's a really weird thing to take the stance at the guy that looks exactly like Ben Stiller and is with Ben Stiller's ex wife is not Ben Stiller.
Speaker 3: Sign was kind of catching a right here, guys, this is good for us, you know, one second, I refuse to believe that.
Speaker 1: So so then Ben Steelers saw that happening on Twitter and he took up. He made a post of just holding the hat out and said I love this hat, but that's not been still his Twitter account.
Speaker 3: It was his verified Twitter account. No, just just.
Speaker 1: Elon made it to where anybody can have a verified Twitter account. Okay, so anyway, so there it is where Uh you know that was a couple of years ago. Well now he's still wearing that hat. He's wearing it at the finale shooting the finale of seven season two, and I gotta say, man, it looks like the hat has been worn a lot, and I'm concerned he's gonna stop wearing. That's what my roller Town hat looks like too. Somebody told me they go, dude, that's his favorite hat. That's like going down next to his car keys every day. Really, well, there's somebody speculating that because after all these years, he still is rocking that hat on his most important day. I think you rarely see neurotic East Coast Jewish comedians wearing baseball caps, and I think that's the.
Speaker 3: Only one he's ever been given.
Speaker 4: Date. If he's wearing that and happy Gilmore to you, guys, are gonna need to bring an umbrella to work in here.
Speaker 3: I'm just ye. She said that reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 5: Grabs.
Speaker 3: Lord Dark Time Boys, right now, you're right right, right, right right.
Speaker 1: I have to do it one time.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, evan win, I'll show you goal. Ruin it except sweet pursuing it.
Speaker 6: Donnld out shaw shank through the sewer, kid now with chill in at the eagle. Yeah, we two in in three clock on the doc. Gotta have it for my house. A golf status I would started to get crattic shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit tuned.
Speaker 3: In, zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I won, hang out with my friends, rocket on the radio, my voice.
Speaker 5: Talking on the radio, it's time to through this walk.
Speaker 1: All baby, baby, KT fifteen up, all up on the radio.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So today's like one of those days where it's eighty seven degrees right now, not a lot of wind. Was really nice days like this morning, sixties. If you wanted to get up early, go to something outside. I used to back when we did, you know, afternoons long ago, play quite a bit of golf in the morning, and that in mornings for a little bit.
Speaker 3: And I didn't play golf at all, oh, because you didn't feel like doing it afterwards. This morning, I said, screw it, I'm getting back into it. So I played golf. Wow, So I called yesterday, I called the golf course. I kind of I knew knew. I wanted to go to, Hey, do you guys listen to the.
Speaker 2: No I do.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is like, hey, I play really fast if I if I you know, I see you only have a seven thirty two tea time? Can you let me on at seven twenty? I want to play alone because I go to work after a sneaking act, you.
Speaker 3: Know hall ass Man.
Speaker 4: Well, they're like, well we got regulars that play, but I can tell you there's just one more guy, so just be you and him.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that's fine. So I get there and it's a couple Michael and Shannon. What's good? Nice people. Ye, But I'm also going always wanted to play by myself. Seems to go, you know, just do.
Speaker 1: Your your pace, Shannon guy or Gal Shank now and then his wife and I know how you feel about female golfers.
Speaker 4: So today is Michael's forty third birth take it to you have to meet. You can't just you're not gonna be in silence. And you guys know me, Sometimes I want to and sometimes I don't want to talk to people.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 2: With me, I probably didn't want a third on his birthday, you know. Yeah, yeah, it's been rife outing on his birthday. Oh we got a strange guy, there's no doubt. So he was Kevin Turner. Huh used to work with the fan.
Speaker 3: So I was like, we got the wrong guy. You got the wrong guy. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: Point is, guy used to listen to the fan. He doesn't anymore. He's listening to the show today with his wife Shannon. Wow, fans have been in skin show. I have been for a long time.
Speaker 3: And so you were okay with playing with a female golfer because I've seen she.
Speaker 4: She was riding along. Okay, she looked smoking hot? Did you great for himself? And I didn't get picks. I didn't want to about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good. Did she say how she woke him up this morning?
Speaker 4: She didn't say that. That wasn't something that she did. Uh, But she was very curious about So. So, how many songs y'all play in and all that stuff. But they're back, they're back. The fans are out on a few A few of the people of the fan, big listeners of the Eagle. Now you can convert a listener every day of the week, every time you turn the mic on someone who's listening. I also saw some beavers today and you can check that out at the end of the post that I just put on at ninety seven to one the Eagle on Instagram and TikTok Happy birthday, Michael.
Speaker 1: Okay, Shannon's and to Shannon. Yeah, okay, all right, there you have it. There's now we'll never listen again.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, there's two new shows that you need to have on your radar, and we'll talk about Tiger Woods. That's all next right here on Eagle. All right, we're shifting gears here. We're gonna give away some BFD tickets. Yes, yeah, I heard about the show. It is coming May twenty fifth, that Dosaki's Pavilion.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 1: BFD is back and we're giving tickets away headlined by Marilyn Manson and Schavelle. It's going to be a big deal and we want to hook you up. So we will give tickets to the first listener that uses the iHeart Free app, the talkback feature and leaves their name their phone number, their email address and tells us what Ben Stiller was wearing on the set of Severance. We just said it in our previous segment. We were just talking about it. If you're listening, you heard it and you know, and you can win BFD tickets if you tell us what kind of hat Ben Stiller was wearing on the set of Severance when they were doing the finale, when they were doing the rap, we were talking about it. Good luck everybody, all right, coming up at about thirty minutes, we'll not only talk about what the Rangers rotation looks like, where we'll be on opening day, but the return of Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: But right now, it's time for this projuicing news. Hot gods come, stay on top in the shovel. All right, TV show alert here, all right, new TV show's coming. What's weird?
Speaker 4: Severance is going out the door at Apple, Well, we gotta have something else. Has reportedly lost a bunch of money through the Apple TV Plus platform. Not concerned about it because of how much money they make with iPhones. Granted, as we know, there are buckets, you know, and they look at things like that, but I think that was part of Apple's plan. All along get stars. They don't market it very well. They don't market their product very well. You hardly ever see it. But the shows they have, you'll notice Jennifer anis in the morning show res Weatherspoon. John Ham's got a show coming out next month that we'll talk about as we get closer. It's shrinking is a little less, but Jason Siegel is a big name. We have Severn that we talked about.
Speaker 1: They're also they're going to shrink that bucket and they're going to take that money and they're going to put it in sports and live sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there are with you know, Friday Night Baseball they started doing and that's happened soccer and things like that.
Speaker 1: That's happening with all the streamers. All the streamers are shrinking their original content bucket.
Speaker 3: And they're putting it into sports. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, there's one I've been pumped about for a long time and it kicks off tomorrow night. I guess I guess what happened tonight at eleven PM. I would imagine this is a show called The Studio seth Rogen is the new head of a Hollywood studio, and you're gonna have Catherine O'Hara, Catherine Hahn, a few others. Katherine Hepburn you've seen before. Ike Baron Holt is a name you've seen before. Guy's kind of known for going on actual Jeopardy and dominating. Brian Cranston's going to be making some cameos. He's mentioned Dave Franco, Ice Cube, Martin Scorsese, Steve Bushemi, Zach Effron, and many more. And it looks pretty funny. It also looks chaotic and intense. That's interesting that Dave Franco escaped unscathed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dave Freco didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 2: It's his brother, not him.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well was Mary Dallason living the dream? They made the Disaster Artist together though, Okay, what's the premise of this again? This show? He is the head of a Hollywood studio.
Speaker 4: He's just getting promoted and now he's got to deal with all these horrible people that make movies. And another thing that gives me hope is also involved in this as co creator is Evan Goldberg, who he his childhood friend, who he wrote super Bad with. Yes, and Seth Roban's been really pumped about this for a long time because I don't. I don't know if this this is not his baby by any means, but this is a This is a big deal for him, and I think from what I've seen, just kind of watching the trailer and stuff, you know, you're dealing with tough directors and you're just organizing all the chaos that goes into making.
Speaker 3: A movie, and that hasn't been shown very well on a TV show.
Speaker 4: So I imagine it's gonna be very cussy, and it's gonna be a lot of tracking shots, and I think it's gonna be kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: But I also think it's gonna be funny, and that goes Tomorrow night, making fun of actors how hard they are to deal with all that. Yep, sounds pretty good, doesn't it. Yeah, it sounds real good. I mean, what's the last like really great thing? Y'all think Seth Rogan did? Oh boy, did he.
Speaker 2: Do anything after Pineapple Express?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that was the last thing I think of. That's a good question you've asked, what's the interview? The interview was twenty fourteen, and it was really good.
Speaker 3: The end was good. Oh that was twenty thirteen. I like this is the end.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: You know, he did the thing the boy Sausage Party was terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was gonna be funny talking to hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awkward.
Speaker 3: Uh, it just wasn't very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He did the thing too where he's just a lot of behind the camera, you know, like the boys he went. Yeah, Yeah, he had a big influence on that.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 3: I actually took my son to see it, and I think, my son, what year the Boys come out? Wait? The series? The series?
Speaker 1: Oh, I was talking about the one where it was those little kids and one of them was from that black kid from Fort Worth.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, oh yeah, yeah what was that called? I don't remember, but I do remember what. Yeah, he was a kid up on the show that was. Yeah, he was involved in that, and I took myself to go see it myself. Pretty funny. Actually, I was pretty young for something like that. Boy he was he did Neighbors with Zach Effron.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 3: Whatn't bad?
Speaker 1: You're talking about good boys, good boys. That's I think he produced that or executive produced it or so.
Speaker 3: He has a lot of that, you know.
Speaker 4: But he got married and chilled out and settled down a little bit, didn't think I had to be in anything, So I'm really fussy about that. I just think he needed to go hide after the James Franco thing. Well, the James Franco thing is weird in its own right, because.
Speaker 2: Only James Franco should be, you know, punished.
Speaker 1: Oh no, man, if you're standing within that circumference, you had to know what was happening.
Speaker 3: You had to have watched some of it. All fair.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you an example of why you shouldn't do that. Do it on air, No, I'll do it off the air out of respect to the people involved. Oh you'll know when I tell.
Speaker 3: You look at it.
Speaker 2: He did a point.
Speaker 3: Well you know who I'm talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, did you hear the inflection there?
Speaker 4: Okay, just about Dabney Coleman, Dude, Dabney Coin, rest in peace to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm missing.
Speaker 4: I'm not watching this, and I don't think I will because it does look like something uplifting and I'm not looking to watch downer crap. I'm really not Newshawn Netflix called adolescence. Oh my god, I heard this is absolutely gut wrenching. And I've talked to two grown men that have seen it and said they cried their eyes out.
Speaker 3: Everyone very real.
Speaker 1: It's about it's about your teenage son commits murder, sets Netflix record with sixty six point three million views. I mean, I've been told, hey, man, you need to watch this, but you know you're raising a sun and it is going to absolutely obliterate you. So okay, you're going to have to figure out what mindset to get in to see it.
Speaker 3: But you have to see it.
Speaker 1: Here's what I wonder, Like, I don't like watching stuff like that either. I don't want to be depressed for a young person to watch it. Do you think it's a prevention or.
Speaker 3: In spo? Yeah, I don't know. It just depends on how cocky they are. I don't know how it is.
Speaker 4: I think my son is unreachable right now, to be real queer, it's a thirteen year old boy. He's arrested for the murder of a female classmate. But the show is highlighting the way kids can become radicalized online, especially boys and young men, in what they're calling the mana sphere on the internet, misogynistic communities you know which, go look up if you want, no, don't do this, But like if you look at school shootings that have happened, or big shootings that have happened from kids that age.
Speaker 3: A lot of it is stuff like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's so the deal is that, you know, it's always been like that, easy to radicalize late teens and early twenties affected males. It's always been that way for all kinds of subgroups. In fact, I could give you examples of subgroups that are pitted against one another. But now the pervasiveness of the Internet, it's this case with any fast of life. Everything is easier to access, easier to get and so you just hope that your young's or you know, you just got to stay connected the best you can. And it's hard because just in general, teenagers do not want to be connected to their parents.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna let y'all watch that. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna watch it to that, I'm not gonna watch it at all. But it's what it's sound number one on Netflix. When you pull it up, you know, yeah, I don't I don't want it. I don't want the sadness, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It's the studio on Apple TV. Tomorrow though you're ready for that I'm in on that. All right, There you have it.
Speaker 1: There's the Hollywood Shuffle coming up next, and around the sports the Rangers opening to a lineup is out with a couple of surprises, and Anthony Davis surprises the world and puts on a uniform. We'll talk about all that next right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. All right, this segment is brought to you by Her Title Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Our buddy Brandon Hurtado and his family recipes. They are spent on Mexicu Mexican barbecue. They have two locations inside Global Life Field, So if you're going to Opening Day, come hungry, make sure to stop by Her Title Barbecue there at Globe Life Field. There's also a location in Arlington that's not at the stadium. There's one in Fort Worth, there's one in Mansfield, and there's one in Dallas at the farmers Market.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: The Dallas location of Her Title Barbecue is open at the Farmers Market.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this Dude's good listeners. Here comes kt fun Tweets. We're the round.
Speaker 1: Now let's go around the sports kt fun tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 3: Bapp and We're back, Baby, we are back.
Speaker 4: Dallas Maverick's huge one in last night Anthony Davis he played to played pretty good.
Speaker 3: I gotta play again tonight, do it again. But uh, he's not playing tonight. Okay.
Speaker 2: That was my first question because they when they he said he was only playing for like thirty minutes last night, I was so excited and then they said that, and I got deflated.
Speaker 3: You didn't enjoy the twenty eight minutes that he played.
Speaker 2: It was pretty fun, but also did the play again because I didn't even know Brooklyn nets. I didn't know any of their starting five.
Speaker 3: So the reason for that, Yeah, you'd have to be a big NBA fan to know those guys, I mean big and b like that Speedy Claxton. Now, no, Nick Clackson's actually one of their players. Nick Claxton, Nick Claxton and Cam Johnson are players. Those are legit NBA players that are going to be a part of any team's rotation. The rest of the guys, they got some van horn. These are hard times.
Speaker 1: Look, I all I really wanted is to get to the draft and get the best pick possible. You got a one percent chance of getting the top pick, right, Hell yeah, one point three percent. So that one point three percentage of hope is fueling my MAVs passion right now. I don't know what the upside is other than you respect the guys for saying, hey man, we want to play, We're healthy enough, we're gonna play, and they compete their asses off. I just I feel like if they get to the playoffs, they're probably going to run into a buzzsaw since they don't have Kyrie. But you know, if they start winning some games, maybe you could get excited about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I kind of just wanted all to go away. Honestly. The Sons have won four games in a row. They beat Milwaukee last night.
Speaker 1: Uh, so they're in a good position because they you know, the MAVs have to have a better record than Phoenix to get into the play in so I still think even though Phoenix's schedule is tougher, they've got.
Speaker 3: The upper hand.
Speaker 1: Would have been interesting if they had just tried to beat Brooklyn without Anthony Davis and rolled him out tonight, But I think they wanted to ease Anthony Davis into a game against an easy team, and like, even if you just watch the way he played, he wasn't going hard.
Speaker 3: Oh he was not. And so I don't know if he wouldn't going hard. I don't know what to make of all that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was just eas his way back into the game or it was like, man, Brooklyn is so bad, I can just casually beat them. So that was pretty That was pretty interesting. We'll see how hard he plays against Orlando. Orlando's had a really weird year.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: They were primed to do something big. They had injuries, then they got their guys back and they still couldn't get it going. They had a really nice win the other night they beat the Lake Lakers. Are kind of fiddle farting around right now. They got to get their mojo back. But yeah, but he's back. Like they had their full line up last night and was it last night or the night before and lost to Orlando because my guy Austin Reeves went one.
Speaker 3: For six from three.
Speaker 6: It is it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's Elon and Austin Reeves on the Bengo card them both early.
Speaker 2: What's a full lineup like for the Maps just saying they haven't had a full lineup in so long.
Speaker 3: So you said they had a full lineup, thought that was weird. Seven constitutes a full lineup at this point. They actually had ten last Yeah. Wait, they've had a lot of games and they just had eight. Okay, Who the Sons have tonight? Sons don't play until tomorrow night. And the Kings the King we need to talk with Kings in the world, the Phoenix, the Kings are there too. Who is aleet Frog one of those teams? Do we have the tiebreaker of the Kings?
Speaker 1: We do not, Son of a Buck, and we're further behind the Kings than we are the Phoenix. It's close, though, I mean, I guess conceivably, conceivably Sacramento could go like two and eight or something.
Speaker 3: They absolutely could. They're not very good. I mean, well they're fine. We're good now.
Speaker 1: We got Anthony Davis were So here's what's gonna happen, though, I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if when we played Brooklyn next Monday night that we've got Gafford or Lively in the lineup, maybe both. I've never been more I feel like, uh you know that, I'm like trying not to break something like, I'm watching a d going don't.
Speaker 7: Get hurt, don't get it.
Speaker 3: But I thought you wanted him to get hurt. Just well, I would love for them to lose.
Speaker 1: But when he's playing, I'm just like, when he's playing, I'm just like, God, please don't get hurt. And he's been healthy the last couple of years, but I'm just so worried. That's why I was watching the way he was playing last night. I was like, is he not being aggressive because he's still hurt. It's pretty admirable that he wants to be out there, but I was I think I think he just I think he was just easing into it. Uh, and I want to be respectful here. I think that game probably felt to him very similar to the five on five he was doing with the Legend right right, right right, you know, but who cares? But but Cam Johnson and Nick Clack center players. Well, that doesn't matter though. The point is the guys who are actually playing are like, oh my god, it feels good to get.
Speaker 3: A win here and there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe win was great Friday night, And I'll tell you what you win tonight. And the Kings get blown out by the Thunder. That's gonna happen. You're now the eight seed in the West. So no, you're the nine. You're the nine.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna they don't have a chance to be the eight seed. Yeah, that's over. So you gotta win two playing games.
Speaker 1: I mean, but if you realize though, if they get to nine, they host a playing exactly.
Speaker 3: Home game income for all the money we've lost. And by the way, I do think I do think they can if they win that playing game and they end up playing a very up and down Clippers team, I do think they can play the Thunder. And then if the Thunders sustain a horrific injury, we're the Thunder's daddy right now. Don't forget that. Well, let me I'll say, you know, Ben said multiple I'm not I swear to God, this is bad, carm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not wishing injury on anybody. But I don't think the Thunder win a playoff series of Shade goes down. No, that's like their entire team runs through them. It's kind of like right now with the Knicks, Like the Knicks are really good, but without Jalen Brunson, they don't know how to run a set at the end of a game, they just throw it to Carl I mean there, it's when everything runs through one guy and that one guy ain't there.
Speaker 3: It's tough.
Speaker 1: We're seeing it with the Mavericks with no Kyrie throw it to Carl Man. This is the weirdest period of my Maverick fandom I can ever remember. I mean, it's just such a weird apocalyptic time, you know, but they're still playing.
Speaker 3: It's like, goly this season is still going.
Speaker 1: Anthony Davis said last night that this is all about just, you know, holding the fort down until Kyrie comes back next year. He talked about it after the game cool keeping the vibes a certain way until Kyrie's back, or making a run.
Speaker 3: No, it's about keeping the vibes.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, it's gonna be that. Okay, fine Rangers though, talking about good vibes. We are I'll tell you what. We're forty eight hours away from opening day, Oh my god, and where will we be Boys Live by Lows and that is what it is.
Speaker 1: A really cool hotel with a badass like bar restaurant scene that's right by Texas Live. Texas Live is right by Globe Life, and so the uh where we're gonna be doing our party.
Speaker 3: That faces the West side.
Speaker 1: If you don't have a compass or you don't know where the sun sets, that faces Jerry World. So that's where we're gonna be set up, and we're gonna be there Thursday, Like me and Ben are getting down there at noon because there's gonna be a big Rollertown Beer Works party. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in, and we're doing a big promotion with the station and Rollertown and Live by Lows on Thursday. So Ben and I are getting down there at Thursday. Brand New Funk is going to be there playing before and after our show. We're doing our show live from there three to six, well five thirty because there's Mavericks basketball starting at five thirty, and then we're gonna stick around afterwards for the after party, So.
Speaker 3: Come on through. In the best about it. We got fifty cases of the one thirty three, which is our premium pillsner, and if you're twenty one and over you can have one of those years come drink some free beer with us. Very much looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: The news today came out that Evan Carter's not going to be in the opening day roster. He's going to be the miners, yil, And I don't mind that because look what he did when he initially came up was incredibly so hot, had an incredible catch, He played great, and he helped, you know, in a huge way, helped the Rangers win the World Series. Then he had the massive back injury missed last season, and you know, he still is a guy who really can't hit lefties right, so he's kind of a platoon guy. You know, they're stacked. I don't mind having him tucked away developing his game in the miners. You don't have to rush him up. He can take his time and come back when he's ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he will be your future centerfielder. And to keep that, that's all still there. And he just his timings all off and all that stuff. Everyone's saying, he's just not just not back and played enough since he got.
Speaker 3: Hurt last year. Why don't they turn him into a pitcher.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have to do that yet. You can wait till at the end. Like Joey Gallop. Okay, now, the Rangers throughout to the old game today. They had at the ballpark Jacob deGrom pitched. He went four innings through seventy pitches, give him like three runs. But whatever, he's in the rotation. I think he will probably start. He's not gonna be the Game two starter though, so whatever he's in the rotation, clearly obviously paying him a ton of money. Kumar Rocker today made the team, which it had been discussed, like, I don't know if he's ready. Then he pitched four innings and struck out eight guys in saventy pitches.
Speaker 3: Wow, he's good to go. So Rocker and Lighter are in the rotation. Those were those the back to back years first round picks. Yep, okay, the Vanderbilt guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they kind of shocked the world when they took Kumar Rocker because everyone was like, well, he hurt his arm and then you know, came back and heard his arm again.
Speaker 3: But here we go. It's on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: He ain't pitched a little bit. He'll be on an innings restriction this year. I mean, they're not gonna they're gonna break his arm again on purpose, you know. But I like Rocker and Lighter, I didn't see that happening. You have all these your opening day starter Jacob B. Graham and then Malley Molly Malley and you know Rocker wouldn't be here. I John Gray didn't get you know, line drive to the wrist. What's the other dude done? Bradford's Dan Dunning's on waivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they cut him there. I mean there way, so no one's gonna pick him up. No one's gonna pick him up. He'll go to Triple A and he eat innings. I mean he was actually good their their World Series run.
Speaker 4: They also signed a bad picture of Patrick Corbyn to eat innings because they need that. Good teams need that too, Like who's a cheap guy who can get it. I'm pretty stoked about the Rangers. A lot of people are picking the the Mariners to win. The Mariners don't hit enough. A lot of people are picking the uh uh maybe the Astros maybe, but it's their final year. If they do it, I think it's the Rangers, and I think they I think I think this is twenty This is the Boachie thing every other year. This is the year I'm calling right now. They're coming out of the American I don't think ever won the World Series. Beat the World Series by the Braves, but.
Speaker 3: You're by the Braves Dodgers. The Braves are beating the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Nobody's beating the Dodgers. I saw this thing where they were like the top one hundred players in baseball and the Dodgers have nine of them.
Speaker 4: Yep, but too many, too many personalities like that, the egos get out of control, and that is gonna be a fragmented clubhouse by the end of it.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 3: My my baseball people are telling me.
Speaker 4: That Braves over Dodgers, Rangers over, Ready, Rangers.
Speaker 3: Over What is he saying? Who they beat?
Speaker 4: Who are they gonna beat? In the Alcs? Oh, Red Sox. I'm asking you guys, playoff time. I'm gonna go Mariners, Tigers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. There you have it, t Grace. There it is around the sports. Don't forget.
Speaker 1: We're having a big opening day party at the Live by Low's Hotel. We'll be out there as early is noon. We'll do a pregame tailgate session at the Live by Low's Hotel. That's the one that's right next to Texas Live and Globe Live Field. And then if you don't have tickets of the game, just come hang out with us. We'll be broadcasting during the game, and then we're having a big post game party, so beer, live music, good times. Come hang out with us at the Live by Lows are Big ninety seven to one The Eagle Rangers Opening Day.
Speaker 3: Party this Thursday. Coming up next.
Speaker 1: The only segment of the day that we will not podcast it is the Today game and it's right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. But you do belong right here listening to ninety seven point one The Eagle, and we're so glad you're listening. And by the way, you can listen live every day like you are right now if you're listening on the FM dial, or you can check out the podcast and you can listen to the podcast in like one single serving episode.
Speaker 3: It's like an hour.
Speaker 1: There's no music, there's very few commercial breaks, and you can listen to it all in about an hour.
Speaker 3: We don't care how you listen. We're just glad that you listen.
Speaker 1: We're grateful for all of our advertising partners and grateful for those of you who support our partner and if you'd like to be one of those partners, send us an email. We'll get joked up here with the iHeart sales team, and we'll start endorsing your project. In fact, just send me an email Ben at Benanskin dot com. One of our partners that we love is Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and it's located in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in all of DFW. But it's so good that people are traveling from Fort Worth, they're traveling from Mesquite, They're traveling from all over town from Gunter just to get over there to Plano, Preston and Plano Parkway to go to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Readers of the Dallas were Newsay, it's the best pizza in town.
Speaker 3: Think about that.
Speaker 1: Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen Preston and Plano Parkway in Plano. Awesome craft beers, TVs as far as I can see, awesome plays, to hang out. Sometimes I do go there just to hang out. Check them out Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for basi sweek Day Up Day featuring Ven News anchor Katie fun tweets here of the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: All right, so this then is a local story, and it involves on of Ben's good friends, former Bachelor Sean Low. He has no Sean Low from the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: I do I remember that name, and I would say tall, good looking guy. But I guess if he's on the Bachelor, obviously he's gonna be a tall good story.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought he was the short Bachelor. What season did they have the short Bachelor? It was all of them, remember Mini Bachelor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Man, you need to leave that crap now. Sewan Low. I got to meet him.
Speaker 1: I went to a MAVs game and somebody else invited us and he was a friend of this person that invited me, and so we sat side by side and he could not have been a nicer guy, like one of the nicest dudes ever. What is y'all preferred spelling of Sean shh?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Why are you forcing an extra letter in there?
Speaker 1: I'm just going with moll intern hodgey. Yours is s H A U N or a w n okay, because Sean Kemp, what is yours? Christina A W s H A W N I like s h A N. How do you how does he spell it? Sham sham?
Speaker 4: No, it's sean sean, but it looks like shan. You know it's my preferred spell this one. And Ben, did you ask him to sign your samurai sword? When you well pumped into him at a nice restaurant? You can bump into the seventeenth season Bachelor guy Sean Lowe is e A N.
Speaker 3: You gotta ask him how does he spell it? S E A N the right way?
Speaker 1: Scene Pen and you have seen Pen. He's from born in Arlington, raised in Irving? Is that the is that the highest anyone's ever risen to fame?
Speaker 3: Wise?
Speaker 1: That was raised in Irving? Nov He's Arlington. Guy who's more? Who's more famous?
Speaker 3: Corbier? This Sean Batchelor.
Speaker 4: This will be a quick a just a quick Wikipedia search and I can find the famous people from irvingis if you are.
Speaker 3: Global, if you're on that show? And he did he win it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah he won? Yeah, so dude, he's he was?
Speaker 4: He was?
Speaker 8: He was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was the guy. Yeah. I thought Corby was in the Foo Fighters. Okay.
Speaker 4: Notable people from before we get to it. Notable people from Irving writing skills. Frank Beard, drummer of zz Todd.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he was from Irving.
Speaker 2: That's really cool.
Speaker 4: Actor Jim Beaver, who's the guy who gives Walt White the gun out in uh, Breaking Bad the Boss? Okay, Brian Bosworth, I forgot about Okay. Former NFL player DeMarcus Faggins. That was so aggressive and he was aggressive player. He played for the Texans.
Speaker 3: He flew all over the field. Lee Harvey Oswald just egging players.
Speaker 2: No, he lives next to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does as well as the ghost does. Let's see here. Oh Trevor story remember him? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Skin your guy.
Speaker 4: The's sixty ninth United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
Speaker 1: Ah man, he's a huge excell excellon Mobile Corp veteran. It's your oil guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh. And also Carrie Would, that's true, Carrie Would. They don't have playing skills on there, dude, playing skills absolutely in there. Yes, okay, yeah, okay. So the story is here.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you the setup and then I'm gonna take you live to an Instagram post. You guys say, starting to stop whenever you want me to stop.
Speaker 3: Stop. So Sean Lowe is having a barbecue at his house.
Speaker 4: He's got some friends outside in some of the smoke from the barbecue drifts inside the house.
Speaker 3: Like I said, a window open or door open? Whatever? What part of town we're talking?
Speaker 4: Hiland Park? Oh well that's a nice place. Yes, I get Holland Park and Highland Village, Holly Park. So the smoke alarm goes off. Look, okay, gets grabs a dishrag wafted in the smoke. He's trying to tear off, but it's loud. He's got a dog that he's had for three months. Looks like they adopted it named Moose. Moose is a boxer and nothing that matters. Oh no, they're very energetic dogs.
Speaker 2: It may matter.
Speaker 3: So Moose shots fired?
Speaker 6: What how is that?
Speaker 2: Shots fired?
Speaker 3: We'll find out, weirdos.
Speaker 4: So let's here's the story. Now there's a lot here, but I pick it up. Imagine loud, smoke alarm going off, dishrag waving, imagine that.
Speaker 7: Okay, what And as I'm holding the dishrag, Moose comes up and like bites it and kind of nips my finger really aggressively, which is something that he does not do. You know, I kind of gave him a no moose, and then he goes and starts to bite my feet. He was biting my feet so hard he actually put holes in my shoes and it was hurting my feet. So at this point, again so much chaos going on with the alarm going off, I give him like a very stern like moose, no no, and he shows his teeth at me and just attacks me, just kind of ripping into the flesh of my arm, and I know I'm bleeding badly, and my friends don't know what's going on, just trying to get him out the door.
Speaker 3: I finally am able to get him out the door into the.
Speaker 7: Backyard, and he comes back through the door and attacks me for a second time. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I honestly just felt like I am fighting for my life here against not just a dog, my dog, right like he's he's my dog, my dog. We've only had him for a little under three months, but like he's my dog. Earlier that day, I had a video of him just putting his head in my lap while I'm working upstairs, and he just wanted to be pet. That's my dog, And so it was it was so bizarre, Like, why is my dog, who I know loves me me so aggressively? So I looked down at my arm and that was cut so deep and I just see blood squirting.
Speaker 3: Did was he wearing meat pajamas? And I don't think he was wearing meat pajamas. That's actually we're gonna need that drop of him saying that's my dog. Yeah, that's my dog. So that's my dog. There's a song like that. Have you seen that? The guy dancing real weird in the club? I don't think So that's good.
Speaker 4: This gash is on his wrist and there's a big pool of blood and luckily he had friends there who were able to get him to the emergency room. All right, so what do they do with the dog during they got it into the backyard? Now, then he goes to the emergency room, gets back. It's like, we got to start making some calls.
Speaker 3: What are we going to do about this?
Speaker 4: Calls the place that he adopted it from, ends up talking to an officer who actually he and this was a long video that he did, so I'm trying to paraphrase my way through what he was saying. Officer is very like helpful because his officer of the officer was helping him owned a boxer as well. So he's like, hey, man, just keep it in the backyard. And then tomorrow morning must have been late at night at this point. Tomorrow morning, we'll get someone you know out there and we'll get this taken care of.
Speaker 3: Was that euthanized?
Speaker 2: I think the fire alarm set it off. Yeah, well yeah, I mean that can trigger.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 4: Okay, so next day he got attacked again. Next day, he's out front. I think his parents were there and the dog. He says, here's his wife yelling no, no, no, no no. That actually accidentally left a door open, and the dog ran from the backyard. I don't know how it got in the house again and got into the front and attacked him again in his front yard. God, I don't think that has anything to do with the fire alarm. It's the next day, so twelve hours later, Okay, that dog hates him. So that dog does hate him, I think. And uh, then there's what's going around on online now. Now is a big bodycam footage of the police there and he's on top of the dog trying to get it. You know, trying to just hold it down, and the police going in and taking action. It's like a ten minute video and the police are struggling with this and this dog looks ferocious.
Speaker 3: How big is it? It's not giant, it's not.
Speaker 2: But I mean three months so I think he adopted it for three months?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, but it it?
Speaker 1: I mean it looks you know, boxers are formidable, right, but they're not like pit bulls.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't massive. It depends what weight class the boxers is. That's fair. This looks like a middleweight. Okay, what does Kevin do?
Speaker 2: But they can get pretty big. I've had friends with boxers. I've never known them to be like this though.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: In fact, boxers are dogs that you know. We looked into this a lot, like what are good dogs for kids? Boxers are perfect dogs for kids because they have such an even temperament.
Speaker 3: Level that.
Speaker 1: But you know the thing about it again, you know you don't know what that dog went through before you adopted it, right, right, You just know that people that adopt dogs will lecture you if you don't get it at.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And it's God bless everyone who adopts dogs great and it's fantastic. Have you seen the comedian who just people telling me what to do with my life? I like the comedian who who was it that compared it to buying cars.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've seen this. It's like, what is that he goes it's a it's a it's a rescue Nissan. So here's the problem with that boxer being around kids. Most kids are also bachelors.
Speaker 1: There's very few kids that have been married, and I think we've set a precedent here that an adoption boxer does not like bachelor's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, So look out Aaron Rodgers brother. Yep. So what's the latest on this story? Kevin? That's it?
Speaker 2: Yep, he's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's okay. Stitches are awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're really sad. And dude, he is a great dude, Okay, phenomenal guy.
Speaker 4: What happened to the dog? I think they took it back to the adoption place. I don't think they killed it, okay, but they have to they taste it and stuff. I think I don't know what the relatively breaking. There's not like dog jail.
Speaker 3: I wonder if we'll get a story in a year about a boxer that was recently readopted.
Speaker 2: You're saying, no, they can give it lessons or something like right temperament lessons?
Speaker 3: Can you?
Speaker 2: I don't know what I wanted to die?
Speaker 3: Death is Nevita? Would you take it in?
Speaker 2: I have got I've got too many?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the big finish, uh, the ten worst movie remakes of all time.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be good. Don't miss it.
Speaker 1: It's the Benn and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Don't forget. Thursday is a huge day because once again Rollertown Beer Works was the sponsor of this segment, and the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up in Salina is going to be with the Ben and Skin Show out at Live by Lows on opening day this Thursday. We're doing the show live from out there, and it's a Rollertown Beer Work sponsored event.
Speaker 3: And how cool is this?
Speaker 1: We have fifty cases of beer that we're going to be giving out to the peoples are brand new, well it's not brand new, but it's like all at Live by Lows and all around the ballpark. We're proud of that. It's our pillsner, the one thirty three. It's a premium pillsner. It's a baseball drinking pills. I call it a parking lot pills. We're gonna have fifty cases of that, and if you're twenty one and up, we're gonna hand you a beer if you come out to the party at Live by Lows. It's a great place to come before the game, after the game. If you don't have tickets for the game, hang out with us.
Speaker 3: During the game.
Speaker 1: We're going to be doing our show. The game is going to be on on Big Giant TV. We got tons of stuff. We're giving out autograph Baseball's T shirts. But the beer, it's all about the beer.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I think of the wildest promos ever were like they did dollar beer at a baseball game. Didn't they do that in Arlington Arranger game Beer night, ten cent beer night. Yeah, and there was fighting on sorts of chaos. But this is now, this is limited. Yeah, we're not going to give someone a case of beer, but this is free beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, before you head into the game, come party with us. Yeah, Or if you.
Speaker 1: Don't have tickets for the game, just come out hang out with us during the game. It's going to be on the big giant TV there Live by Low's is right by Texas, Live right by the ballpark. So come on out and join us. Thursday a big roller Town party, the Ben and Skin Show in ninety seven point one the Eagle. Right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 3: This thing's big. It is big.
Speaker 4: I stumbled across this today. I thought you guys would like it. As movie guys worst movie remakes of old time ranked. Okay, now, the outlet is called Collider. You know they they like to do things. These are pretty good, right, Collider sounds like all right, this is interesting. I also pulled up a couple other backup outlets just in case, you know, in case this doesn't do the true check.
Speaker 2: Okay, do they have live action remakes on there? Do those count? Because Lion King was the first thing that came to mind.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you asked, because we do need criteria for discussions like yes, and they did all these we did a Little Mermaid and I don't know, and I ain't watching these movies, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: They were all great except for Lion King.
Speaker 3: None of those made the list, So they've been good enough. I still haven't seen the original line.
Speaker 4: Being good didn't get you on this list. Being one of the worst gets you on this list. So remember that, kids, whatever the day, when the days ahead of you, you can get accolades for being the worst at what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting here trying to remember, like a badass remake, top Gun, Maverick are.
Speaker 4: Yea, Eagles are out of the picture here, we're just redoing it. Like if they made Jaws now and it sucked, it would make the list.
Speaker 3: Wait, there's never been a good one.
Speaker 1: That's what I was sitting here. No, oh, that's the best movie ever. Yeah, yeah, I'm sitting here thinking, what is a great remake?
Speaker 4: That's poppy Cock Doctor Doolittle nineteen ninety eight, Eddie Murphy. All right, I'll give you that because the original was so bad and Norm, Norm MacDonald Chris Rock must I go on? Yeah, here's what made this list and pretend the Wickerman, what chair, Nicholas Cage in a bear suit. I mean, it sounds interesting to me. It seemed interesting, like the trailer and everything, and it's just terrible. It was a horror movie from nineteen seventy three. Apparently didn't know that in this movie he's in a bear suit, he punches a woman, and he screams a lot.
Speaker 3: So like most of his movies, greatreams in every movie. Not the Mummy.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, remember when Tom Cruise was like, you know what, Brendan Frazier's got this legacy. Now it's my to be in the Mummy movie. Wait, Tom Cruise was in the Mummy. He did the New Mummy like ten years after the first Mummy happened.
Speaker 3: Didn't even know that that. Wait, I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: I just assumed the Brendan Fraser Mummy was a remake of an old Mummy with Lon Chaney.
Speaker 4: The Mummy that Tom Cruis in was in twenty seventeen. They decided to remake a movie that was not even twenty years old yet. Wow, which you know, hey, our film studios have a lot of bad stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the Mummy a remake too?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I thought the same.
Speaker 1: Because there's all those movies from the thirties with Lon Cheney and Bela Lugosi and all that.
Speaker 4: My rules are, if it happened in black and white, non't Okay, it didn't happen, all right, Number eight Halloween. This was remade in two thousand and seven. Rob Zombie directed it. By the way, Okay, why why not? They've made so many of these it's hard for me to know.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 4: Rob Zombie did a remake of the John Carpenter in nineteen seventy three one.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I had no idea. I can't even keep him separate.
Speaker 4: Roller Ball in two thousand and two. Do you don't remember a Rollerball movie from nineteen seventy five with Paul Newman?
Speaker 7: Do not?
Speaker 3: I'll say maybe this one had ll Cool, J Starry whatever you need. Been Her.
Speaker 4: They remade been Her in twenty sixteen. What what's the story with the original? Ben hrc is and then like an iconic movie or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those Grand Studio films where there's like a chariot scene and all this stuff. Yeah cool, you know, dudes wearing like gold dresses and you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Five. Look over there, there's a sphinx or something.
Speaker 4: Number five. It's a reminder that Tom Hanks hasn't been on a great run Ben. He hasn't, And I love Tom Hanks.
Speaker 1: This is a guy who just wants to tear down this popular because he wants to be indie guy.
Speaker 4: It gets no better than Tom Hanks coaching women's baseball Like that is.
Speaker 3: Just go ahead, America's dead, tear him down. Well, he's kind of America's grandpa.
Speaker 4: Now if you guys want to go to bat for his role as Geppetto and Pinocchio to be my guest.
Speaker 2: So that kind of counts as a live action remake that I mentioned, right, I never saw that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tom was real, but Pinocchio, well, I guess Pinocchio never was real?
Speaker 3: Well or was he?
Speaker 2: He's a real boy, Kat, I'm a real point.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, well, Jimmy cricket made him come to life?
Speaker 3: Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 3: So, I don't know that I've ever seen Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: Remember his nose lies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know the legend, and I know that when you wish upon a star with the cricket. I'm sure I saw it when I was a little kid.
Speaker 3: Hell, I don't know. I don't guess I knew that the cricket song was in Pinocchio was.
Speaker 1: No Fantasia is like, oh uh, there's no words in Fantasia.
Speaker 4: There was a movie in nineteen sixty called Psycho Hell Yeah Night Vince Vaughn, Yeah, took it on.
Speaker 3: It's number four on this list.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that, man? I'm sure I did. I think it's the beginning of the end for Vince Vaughn. I think that's the first movie where he decided, Hey, I'm not going to be shoot from the hip fun guy. Hey man, I'm gonna be Norman Bates and we really need to rehear this movie. And that's where he started like sucking the tailpipe.
Speaker 2: It was True Detective after that too.
Speaker 4: Yeks after that, Yeah, ejective season two? Yeahah, But he peaked in Wedding Crashers No. Five then was that his last?
Speaker 3: I don't know, raw, No.
Speaker 1: He was good on The Larry David Show Curb Your Enthusiasm. Yeah, he's getting the breakwater, wasn't it. Yeah, but he's saying his last hurrah. And I was saying that was in the last few years.
Speaker 3: Nightmare on elm Street twenty ten That redid it? Did they? They always do?
Speaker 4: Rooney Mara This one number two Old Boy, directed by Spike Lee So twenty thirteen remake of a movie in two thousand and three called Old Boy Man.
Speaker 3: I hadn't heard of that. Yeah, it was a South Korean movie.
Speaker 4: Three, This article says Spike Lee's disastrous reimagining of a South Korean touchstone, so you know whatever. And then number one Black Christmas twenty nineteen. I didn't know there was original Black Christmas. But I am white, Kevin, so point break is one I would have had on the list. Okay, point fact remake couldn't have been good, right.
Speaker 3: It was terrible.
Speaker 1: I mean just terrible because it's hard to mess with something that's already a masterpiece. Oh you know what, what was the other one? Roadhouse?
Speaker 3: Roadhouse? Yeah, I don't. I don't understand even what that was. It wasn't even really a remake.
Speaker 1: It was the same movie with kind of the same general principle, but updated with totally new characters.
Speaker 4: And it's not even It's like Jillen Hall was owe to credit and he was like I always wanted to be swazy, Like all right, we'll make a movie for you then.
Speaker 3: But dude, it had a big time director doing it. Who did it? Doug Lemon, Doug Lemon, Doug Leman, Doug Leeber did it. Doug Leman, he did the Bourne Identity, he did Swingers, he did Go He did the Tiger commercial where Tiger hits the golf club, the golf all down the fairway. Doug Leman. Doug Lemon's a big deal man. He got into some financial problems, you know, Jake Jillen all money.
Speaker 4: Did y'all know that they did a Karate Kid in twenty ten, starring Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan I did?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. I don't think they did. Of course I didn't see. It's a joke.
Speaker 1: You would tell in the breakroom that guy wears houses as face hats.
Speaker 3: I want you to think about that sentence.
Speaker 2: Face hats.
Speaker 3: That guy wears mouses as face hats. That sounds like Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Also, they're doing another Karate Kid.
Speaker 1: I believe what.
Speaker 2: When I went to go see Becoming Ed Upelhin, there's a preview that had to do something with Karate Kids.
Speaker 1: I saw that preview too, and I think what that is is that's like an updating of the Karate Kid legacy. It's got it's not a remake, it's got Ralph Machio playing. I saw that he's going to be mister Miyagi. Yeah, and it's and it's it's with some Asian film superstars in it.
Speaker 3: You can tell.
Speaker 4: I don't know his name, but it's like he's a big deal. I saw, I saw that. Okay, remember they did Planet of the Apes in two thousand and one. That probably didn't have to happen, right, That.
Speaker 1: Was the one that Chris Arnold wanted to see, the the animatronic ape get an Oscar.
Speaker 3: Heclaime to monkey.
Speaker 4: Now I think that was in one of the sequels, but he did claim that the monkey should have been nominated for Best Actor as lale.
Speaker 3: Actor and it wasn't a real creature. It was like a cartoon half and a half? Was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm all sure, but like, yeah, are you upset that A Star is Born is not on this list? Because all you do is dump on that. Okay, So I had to go to the other outlet to find that, and you were getting close. This was my next one after Yeah, the Stars Born.
Speaker 3: That movie was better than the original. I'd see. I never saw the original. There's okay, you know there's two originals. Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, this was the third one, right, This is the third one, The streisand Christofferson one was a remake of one and fifteen or forties or something.
Speaker 4: I know, I bring it up a lot, but I listened to that Lonely Island podcast a lot, and they were always talking about They're like, hey, let's go to Bradley Cooper's house, and how they go over and Bradley Cooper's OK, Hey, like you would let them in if they're trying to play your rat music the only country in southern rock and here like that's all just because one of them could do an impersonation of Bradley Cooper in that movie. I mean, he peas his pants on stage. It's it's it's horrible but also funny.
Speaker 3: Wait, Fergie's in it. It's pretty sad.
Speaker 4: Oh this one too, A big show for Ben Stiller today. Uh The Heartbreak Kid two and seven, which I thought was great. I loved that movie.
Speaker 3: I love that movie too.
Speaker 1: And is The Originals with fair Fawcett's old husband, what's his name, Ryan? He passed away Ryan something or other. I'm thinking of a different movie, I think.
Speaker 4: So this is the movie where Ben Steeer gets married to the blonde chick Malan Ackerman and then finds out very quick she's a disaster, falls in love with Michelle Monaghan, who's super hot in the White Lotus. Yes she her cousin is get this Danny McBride, and he issues the great line, Miranda, we're ready to play par cheesy.
Speaker 3: Jelling ed her to get her ass up there. We're playing par cheesy. Man, I think I went in the show.
Speaker 1: Now, well, you get to the tall and never forget the time that Kevin jumped up on a desk. He looked Danny McBride in the eye and he said, they changed the things on as quick on this world. So enjoy you every minute while you have it. All right, stick around, Dallas Mavericks basketball against the New York Knicks is next here on the Eagle.
Speaker 3: Here you going, You're I want to get my sack backed, dude, all right,