Speaker 1: My name is Donna Coopis. I'm of Shawnee descent. I've been seeing the Watchers since i was six. I live in the country. I've always lived in the country. I guess I'm just an old time country person. I'm a dowser. I do different. I Like I said, I'm of Shawnee descent. So we don't call him Bigfoot or we call him the Watchers. We have a legend that goes with that, and that's basically who I am. My father was a hunter and a trapper. He dug roots were living and that's how I grew up. I grew up on a four hundred acre farm and he, my poor dad, I ran the heels. He couldn't control my house as a wild child, and I was always on his boothels. So again, the first time I saw the Watchers, I was six and there was a county fair in town. Of course, I wanted to go to the fair, so Dad told me. Dad would give me anything I wanted. However, you did have to work for you know. For that, he taught me to work, and I've worked my whole life. So on this particular day we went out. We'd dig a patch of yellow root, which is golden seal because he dug every kind of root. It wasn't just Jen saying, and I mean Dad dug snake root, blood, root, coht and just everything. When he went to the woods, he Kepvius came back with a bag of something. So but this day he had taken me out and we'd been sating in this big patch yellow root back in the woods. We've been digging for a while, and my dad chewed tobacco and he stood up and he walked over. There was a stump nearby, and he walked over that stump and he took his chundabayca out and laid it there on that stump. And then and he told me he didn't call me Donna, or he'd either call me donnie. They call me dookie. He said, come on, dude, we're gonna go. And I said, I'm grumbling, you know, because I'm a I'm a child. I want to go to the fair. I want to make my money. And that's you know, he had been doing most of the dig in that day. I was clean it. You have to separate the top from the roots, and one bag the roots go in the tops, and the other you know, the whole thing. And so I'm I'm grumbling and he's like no, I said, come on, we're gonna go. And we used fifty fifty to one hundred pound feed sacks. They're like bro lap sacks. Back then that the cowfee came in. So he picked up those bags and he got me by the hand, and here I am, I'm, you know, dig my toe into dirt. And I was like, oh, you know, it's like I said, Now, that was Dad's way of saying, you know, knock it off. We're going. So he's got me by hand. We're walking away. And as and as we walkeding away, I turned around, I looked back over my shoulders and there where I'm not thirty feet from where I was setting, this huge, huge black figure stands up. I mean, they look like a mountain to me because you know, I'm six and literally like eight foot tall. And it took that tobacco off that stump, and I'm looking at it and I'm scared. You know, I'm pulling on Dad's hand. He's like, you know, come on, now, come on, we're gonna go. Everything's all right. You leave him alone, He'll leave you alone.
Speaker 2: Just come on.
Speaker 1: So you know, my dad's there. So I got walking away and I watched this big, huge figure he walks back. Where are we sitting. There's cliffs in behind purse. Like I said, we're in the deep woods and there's cliffs behind us.
Speaker 2: So he walks.
Speaker 1: This thing walks back into the cliffs in the woods. And that was my first interaction with the watchers and that started my teaching that day because from then on, my dad started teaching me about him because he interacted with them and my grandmother, my dad's mom before him, so he you know, he taught me the ways how to find the stones, the marker stones, the tree shelter. You know, it looks like a tepee, the tree things you'll find the excess, you know that that's a marker to the wise, the wise market.
Speaker 2: They mark the trails the stones.
Speaker 1: Dad told me that is for them to mark their territory and to say, you know, it's safe here, there's food here, whatever. So I honestly think that on that day that was my introduction from my dad. I think my dad kind of planned it that way. It was surprise, but he taught me not He taught me to always have since about you.
Speaker 2: You know it's not.
Speaker 1: Oh, these are just big things that you can play with. They everything is good and bad in the world. Some are good, some are bad. You have to be respectful and you have to, you know, mind what you're doing because they're unpredictable. So you know, along with our legend, know that's the legend of the shawn Ewas. These are the watchers and they were they're here to watch over us and protect us. Not that there isn't bad ones. The world has changed. And just like our world has changed and people has changed in our world, they have changed with it, you know, with the interactions that they have, you know, the experiences they've had with humans has changed them too. But you know, my life went on and he went on teaching me, showing me he couldn't keep me out of the woods because, like I said, I grew up on a four underegal farm. I had ponies and horses, We had cattle, you know, the whole thing. Our Our gardens were like fields. They weren't just gardens. They had eleven acre bury patches. Everything we needed of the orchards at the fruit. You know, we grew everything. We grew the animals that we that vetus and we gave to other people are traded. That was part of our life too. And then the dowsing us talked to dowas as a first experience. That actually dowsing with my dad and my uncle. That's a whole weather story. I won't get into that with talking about the watchers, but that.
Speaker 2: Was a very.
Speaker 1: Just very honorable thing. We had the peach stick that my forefathers used for dowsing, was handed down to me over over two hundred years. That you know that stick, Well that's what we called it, the old stick, but it was the dowsing rods.
Speaker 2: It's with the watchers. I guess me.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I was this wild child. I had my hair that went to my waist. My poor grandma would chase me, trying to because I would run out the back door, head to the barn, jump on a pony down through the woods. I would go and with hair flying, and she was always trying to trap me.
Speaker 2: He did braid.
Speaker 1: She would braid my hair down real tight because I get a couple of birds in my hair. You know, I got sticks in my hairs. You know all of this, And bless her heart, she's the one had to call out. So she would do that, you know, and she would tear these long strips of cloth, like colored cloth, and when she braided my hair, she braied that into my hair and wrap it and then tie it off, kind of protect it. But I had a creak. I would go down in the woods to the creek, and I was by this time, I'm like twelve, and I love playing in that water. I take a book and lay there. It's like a little waterfalls and had like the blue clay bottom. It was just smooth and I'd lay there and the water would run, and they're reading my book. I just I'd take my pony and I just ground time. I dropped a bit out so he could eat or whatever. Most of the time I didn't ride with saddle. I ride bareback, or I mean sometimes I did the saddle, but mostly so he could just raize around and be there with me. And on this day, I, of course, as soon as I got in the woods, you know, that hair came down, automatically, came down, no matter what, it's gonna come down. And I took those ribbons out and I laid them up on this flat rock beside where I laid in the water. And of course I'm in the trees, and you know, there's cedar trees all around me, and I'm kind of down in a valley of the little creek bluss So, and there was strawberry patches around where I would play there on this day. Like I said, I took out my hair ribbons. I laid them up on the thing. I kind of fell asleep. I was laying there in that water, and it was summertime and hot. You know, I'm laying there and I woke up and I look, you know, I'm looking over and those strings are gone, and I'm thinking, because I'm gonna get trouble. My grandma, you know, she told me I better not have that hair down when I come home. And I've you know, they're gone, My ribbons are gone. It's like, oh my, you know, my brothers snut down here, they taking them because they know I'm gonna get a switching. But then I look up and going up through the trees, if you can imagine, the cedar trees will come down. You know, they've branched down pretty low, and it's kind of shadowy. It wasn't it was because in the woods it'll get a little darker. You know, I seen this shadow moving up through there. I see my ribbons. They were like, it's moving, and I'm thinking, well, what the heck? You know what took my what has them? That's something, you know, that's too big to be my brother, too tall be him. But now I'm thinking, well is it? You know, it was it like a coon? Did a coon pick them up? And it's going, you know, come up in a tree and it's going. I just had all this stuff in my head. And then I see it's stepped kind of out like and holding those those ribbons, and again it's it's one of the watchers. And from then on it was kind of like I didn't get that bad smell because they have a smell, but they have different smells. All of them don't smell like that horrible Some of them has a horrible stinch.
Speaker 2: It's like old.
Speaker 1: Urine, species of rotten, rotten earth whatever. But some of them doesn't. They have a different smell. It's kind of like honeysuckle wine. And I mean they have that earthy, rich, earthy, you know, like dirt smell too, but it's not that nasty because I honestly, I experienced quite a few of different smells at different times in their life and what they're doing, but that they didn't have that horrible smell. And it went on up through the woods. So I hurried up and got my stuff, and knowing that when I get home, I'm gonna get my Grandma's gonna give it to me because my hair's down. So I get on the pony and I head on back up and to the house. And I didn't say anything because I sprayed. You know, she wouldn't let me come back to the woods, and that was ain't gonna happen because I just lived in the woods. But the next day, you know, I headed back to my spot the next day and on that rock land there where my ribbons had been, I had shells and some little colored stones, but there was an arrow straightener. An arrow straightener is what Shawnee used to make the shaft of their arrows. It's kind of it's a stone. It's got hole in the middle, and you run that up and down. You catch your treet branch, you know, and use that make your shaft of the arrow and use that and as you run that up and down, it heats up the wood and it straightens it and it. You know, that's what that's used for. So he took my my ribbons that day, but he left me hunt behind it, you know, some gifts, and it just kind of went on. I would see the shapes and shadows and just different things. It was one time I was in the barn and our barn was old and in the center of the barn there was a law. It was made all logs, and then the newborn was built around it. But on this day I was in there. I had a little pony, and I'd always take my brothers because it was all like it better because it was bigger and faster. Of course, being a kid, and I was that day. I was using kerry comb and I was carrying him out and I'd kind of braid his main hea a long. He was black and white. It was a paint they had. Of course, his mane was long, so I would kind of braid it up, and I cleaned him up because, like I said, most of the time I rode without. Maybe sometimes I throw a blanket on, but usually I just jump on and go. And I thought, you know, thereby the barn, because there was a chicken coops and then like the corn crib, the boiled corn, and those orchards were on the outside of that that we had apples and pears was in that area there, and they it had rained a little bit. It wasn't it wasn't poor and rain. It was just raining a little and then the sun came out. You know, I was finish sign up because I gonna go write my pony. But I kind of got that with of the earthy smell came in and I looked, looked around, didn't see nothing. So whenever I come out of the barn, there was like a paddock there and you went down through and then around the big chicken the big long chicken house before I got one down into the valley like where I would get on down to the creek, and I kept feeling like something's watching me, and kind of I could hear a little bit of movement, you know, some some steps, and again I'm thinking, well, I had two older brothers who liked to torture me, you know, they always picking or whatever, because they's a lot older than me. But as I went down through there, I thought I seen the dark shadow and then I realized, you know, it's following me. There was no violence you know, I would get like little acorns thrown at me or some sticks, kind of like a kid playing so I at that time, I think it was he was growing up as I was growing up, and he would watch me. Never never any ever any violence, cranks, you know, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But I just kind of got used.
Speaker 1: To him being around. Of course, as I grew up. You know, I was on the farm and then I got married young. I got married young, and I went to my own home. I was born in a I was born at home that there's two big rocks on the buzzard roosting. It is called red rock. There are nature conservancy owneds and now, but that's where I was born at. So I went back to a farm from the farm that I was born on. So that's where I raised my kids at. And I would hear the hood. Actually have actually have some recordings. They're like the old cassette recordings, you know, like when you I'm sixty two, so I'm older. I don't have the fancy stuff that you have today. I have the old time recorder with the cassette tape and the you know making them no wise, you know all that that I would take that with me sometimes and I just set it out. So I picked up some just the hoops. Dad used to there would be a sound they would make the go, you know, And I asked that. He's like, oh, it's raincrow. That's how he answered me. It wasn't really a rain crow or the whipper wheels. You hear the you know, oh you know that kind of thing. And then I figured out it's not really whipper wheels, and it's not really it's them talking back on forge. So I kind of it's as as I grew up, I realized, you know what it was. Then after I moved, you know, as I moved, it's like he moved. And then my dad pursu later in life. I'm kind of jumping ahead. I kind of grew up. That's how I grew up. I grew up seeing him, so I never Dad always just told me, you know, make sure pay attention, don't be stupid, don't don't crowd of them, you know, give them respect they deserve and they will you. So my dad and my mom and got sick. By this time, I lost my husband and youngest son in a car accident, and so I moved off the big farm. I bought another piece of property look quite smaller, and I moved here, and then my dad, he was still on the big farm. My mom got sick first, and he said, well, you take mom home with you and set up the place, and then I'll move with her. Well that didn't quite happen that way. It was like years later. She brought her and she stayed with me. And then my dad has a stroke. He was eighty four, So I brought him off the farm and I brought him home with me. But I'd set up a mobile home in my front yard, and in front of my house was I love I have to be. I lived up against the woods and my bedroom all my bedroom was just glass. It's like take vast windows all the way around. I just wanted to be able to see the woods. I had a creek beside my you know, runs down through and my bedroom door. I had a door that came out of my bedroom. Again, it's got the old time wooden door with the glass in it, and I didn't have the new store door tipe door.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 1: The old time screen door was just screams and it's like a little latchy thing. And I would leave my bedroom door open because under the trees and from the creek. I have springs that feeds my house. I don't have county water or city water. I don't even have to have a well pumped my springs that's one hundred degrees outside. My water comes out of ice cold. So on this that had been there for maybe a couple of weeks, I've got you home, gotensettled. So it was like three o'clock in the morning, and what woke me up was the smell. In my mind, I'm not thinking, I guess I just didn't register in my mind because it was horrible smell. This smell was like I thought, oh my gosh, on the the septic line has busted. Something's busty know. It was terrible. So I get up and I look, and I don't see anything. And I'm looking. It's like everything's all right, But it is that coming time. I'm talking to myself because I'm by myself. So I went back to bed. I left my bedroom door open that night, and the next night again I got that smell, but this time by that big flake glass window, I see a dark shape. Well, I closed my door that night and I'm thinking, is it a bear? Because we have bears here, we have coyotes, have bobcats. Oh my gosh, you just have bobcats in my barn from over my chickens. But again, you know, I did close my door that night. The third night, I see it again and I still thinking. I'm still thinking in my head. You know, if there's a bear, there's a bear coming, because I'm in it would the fourth night, I would go down at midnight. Dad wouldn't go to bed until midnight. And I left this big, huge cedar tree in the corner of my yard when I built my house. So I go, I carry gun. You know, I'm in the woods, like I said, with coyotes whatever, So I always carried a gun at his store.
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 1: I came out and I handed towards Dad's house and I got that whiff come down on me again. That smelled. I look up and I see this big black shape behind that tree, and so I hurried up like I've been taught. You know, Dad taught me to hunt. I track, you know, I do the whole thing. But you don't run. You know, you don't run for nothing because if you run, you become praise. So you know, you move slowly, you try to back away, you know, fright if you have to, but try to, you know. So I got in the house and then a day kind of.
Speaker 2: Laughed at me.
Speaker 1: He said, wasn't the world's wrong with you? Yeah, you're crazy. I said, Dad, there's a bear out there. I ain't no bear out there, I said, Dad, there's bear out there. I see your tree, said you show me. My dad couldn't walk through. Well, we had, I'd have to help him. I helped him to the door and he looked out and he goes, you leave him alone. He'll leave you alone. He ain't done nothing but watching, And it like clicked in my head. I was like, oh, Dad, you mean that, I said, And he's like, yeah, he's just watching here your bearight. So he would stand there and I would come out midnight out of the bed and stay there a couple hours, just trying to watch because I kind of watched it. And that went on for maybe I don't know, maybe three months or more. And then one night again, three o'clock in the morning, I woke me up with these screams like, oh my gosh. It was like I never heard anything violent like that before ever. I've always had palm you know things, nothing, nothing drastic. But this night these screams was like an elephant trumpeting brows, these horrible sounds I have. It's a British infield, he said, three or three. It's an old army rifle and that's and it's kind of armor piercing. You know, this is a high powered. That's for if I have to do knockdown like a bear or something that's big that. You know, I don't shoot anything unless I absolutely have to. I don't hear nothing that I don't eat. I keep it by the door. But instead of I came out in the night down barefoot, middle of the night, and I just walked out the door, not thinking, and I went on, you have to go down my driveway and I where the creak is. I have a bridge. So when I moved OUTDD has one pig left on the farm which was now a big full ground and sow hall which was probably four hundred pounds. So when she stood up, she was wait, you know, this is a big hog. So her side, the sides to her pin are really tall. And I get down by her pen and I still hear in that screaming. That resture is in my head you know, like you big dummy. Nobody knows you're outside. Dad can't get out to help you. If you have to, you know, get back to the So I did, and I went back in. I stood there and I could hear that screaming. It went through the pig pen, you know. I heard it go through.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I had a big chicken coop up on down where I have my chickens, and it went through it and it just literally shredded it. There's chickens everywhere. It didn't it just like it stomped through and just be well, God had it was His old dog was Jake. He was a bull mask and kit little mixed. He's a big dog, but he was very old. I heard Jake scream and my first instinct was go help the dog. And I got to the door and something physically stopped me from walking through that door. I could not get out. I don't know if it was my own fear, but I couldn't do it. Well this this screams are going on down the lane and down the road. Once you get out to the road, it's county road, you know. But I have neighbor that'sbably two miles down the road, which was an older lady. I mean she was literally close to eighty, I would say, and she had little dogs, so she called the cops. Had passed her house, attacked the dogs. They called the cops and they came out. I talked to him. He's like, oh, you're just hearing coyotes. It's coyotes. And I said, oh, well, whatever, you know. I know I've lived in the Wich my whole life. That's my coyote. But whatever what traveled on up through there's a big Parsla land back there. It's like four hundred acres about six miles up is where my daughter lives at the end of the hall are there, and that's where it ended up at all the way up through there. It attacked dogs all the way up through there. And I found Jake the next day and he had been He was alive. Amazingly, he was alive. He had been bitten through the hindquarters and like in the private area, these heath marks are massive. I don't know why it didn't just literally bite him in two, but he was in very serious shape. Like I said, he lived, but he never really did anything again. But so that was the only that was one time of the of the violence, which I didn't understand because I never had it act that way before.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: But the next night, which which made me really question everything, was the fact that the next night Dads was back, you know, the watcher was back to Don and he was totally calm, nothing out of the ordinary, just diod and watched like he always did. So I don't know if it was him or whether it was a different one. However, I do know that the footprints that I took from the pigs hen because I cast them. I made, you know, I cast him when I measured them for eighteen inches long and they were nearly inches white. So these are And it was like it wasn't one footstep, you know, one footprint, like everybody said, why is there one footprint?
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 1: Step step over the other side, that's how big it was. It stepped over that fence into that mud, made another massive step and came out. And this is a hog pin. This is not a small area. It's like step step. Then it went through the creek where I didn't cap it was in the water, you know, I could see where it stepped in the sand and the dirt on the side, but the footprints in the actual pig pin, because the pig pin is soft mud. You know how pig is. I cast those and that's how big it was. So to say, yes, they're violent, you know that. Honestly, there's no door that would have held that out. There was no window that would have held that if it wanted in. There's nothing that would have kept that from coming in. Now we're having here, we're having logging in areas that's not been touched for two hundred years. So I'm seeing more activity because their homeland, you know, this is their home. They're being driven out of their safe areas. So I guess the reason I'm doing this. I've said this before is because the more interaction there is, there's more danger. Not of course, you know, this is the watchers, and I do feel detailed for they're kind of like family, you know. I know that might sound silly. I know, like when they're falling, their voice, they make their calls. I know who is who, Just like if I talk to you and you would be in a crowd and I hear your voice, I can recognize your voice because you know talk to you, I know who you are, So I can recognize their calls and their voice that way. They also have a mental type of communication. There's the hum. It's like a very strong and electrical hum that can't affect you. I mean, it can bring you down to your knees. I don't know what that ability is. I don't know how that works. I'm not a researcher. People ask me, I said, I'm not a researcher. This is my life, this is how I grew up, this is what I know. I don't try to prove their real or unreal. Everybody to their own opinion. That's totally their business. I know what I know, and I do know that with all this going on the woods, we're losing more and more of the woods and the country side. You know, people are moving in, will be more interactions, and I think it's kind of want to be.
Speaker 2: How we.
Speaker 1: Interact with them and how they interact with us. I do have a worry about that. You know, what's what's going to happen. So I just I do feel like that's told them of my responsibility. People can think I'm crazy if they want to. I don't care, you know, don't. I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody. And like I said, I'm not a researcher. I'm not going to go out here and say, here's your evidence for this, this or this. I mean I have I have pictures of footprints, I have castings, I have I have calls, I have Uh, they will break a tree over. I have just two from last year. These trees are like ten inches around and it's and there's just bend over like you would break a twig with your finger. But on those trees there was some fungus on there. It's like mushrooms that you they eat. And that tree was broke over, and I had seen a young woman in that area, So it's like, why would they do that? You know, can you imagine something that that is that massive and that strong. But they can snap that, they twist it, They twist it. It's not like, you know, there's all these trees around, there's no damage to anything else. It is just bend over and broken, so they could get to that stuff they were eating. Of course, like I said, I'm in the country, so there's lots of deer here. There's all kinds of plants. I grew up, you know, I just taught I can go out in the woods and we call them picking greens, you know, so I can pick it out and cook it and I can survive. But the other thing is about the watchers is they can be right close to you. You never know they're there. It's somehow they turn. They're for changes, its shimmers. They can be standing in the darkness and you know us they want to be seen. You're not going to see them.
Speaker 2: They do that. That is part of it. I just h.
Speaker 1: I I go out. There's a research group that does come here. I kind of guided for them. It's called the Nightstalkers. They came here and kind of had a rude awakening experience Mike and Mike. It's called it's one the Discovery and like other channel and stuff, they caught hunted by bigfoot. You know that they came and Mike Miller. I never did to mister Feltner that Mike Miller and the other part of that group. I'd taken them out in certain some different areas and he had his uh, he had an experience last year that kind of opened his eyes a little bit. It was and it's like, well it was, It's kind of one and terrifying it all at the same time. So and I'm going to be doing UH. On the first of July, I thought Big America coming and I did a podcast for him and then we're gonna I'm gonna do some filming for one of his series. But basically, like I said, there's good and there's that. I've never been harmed. I mean, I wasn't harmed that night. I did get hit last year by a flying cooler again because they put off some calls and the calls was kind of like a challenge and I just kind of got caught in the crossbar or not that it was trying to hit me. I think I was just you know, in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can tell you it was UH. That was very scary. That was one of the I guess that might have been one of the scariest things that ever happened, because I didn't know what was going to happen that night I got hit. I went down, I'm all alone in the darkness, and but there was a second one that had came out and they kind of interacted there and that gave me a chance for me to get up and get away.
Speaker 2: But so.
Speaker 1: It's I guess over my lifetime, I've had different experiences. And I said I do different things. I just have this concern that's like this track of land. And I'm not a tree hugger. I mean, I love my trees, I love the ancestry. But I love all that I do. But my dad was a long girl. I logged with that. I drove a log track. I wrote rules. I've had a very uh you know, I grew up being a wild child, so I know, you know, temper has to be did and as long as it's done in a correct manner and reseeded. And Dad never took anything down that he did not replant. And that was in everything, not just the timber, that was with any roots that he dug. If he dug Jensing, he never took anything to play a four prongs and he always took the berries back and preceded in everything. It didn't matter whatt he was digging, what kind of plant that was always put back.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, when I.
Speaker 1: Bought my place, here give me this huge can of Jensing seeds, and he goes here, good plants, and he's like that way you always have money in the bank. That was his way, and it's true. I mean, ten sun goes for like a thousand dollars a pound. So that's just the old time ways, and I don't I gift. My gift that I take out mostly is I made my grandma made these apple cakes, homemade apple cakes from scratch. Took the apples and everything is from scratch, and you keep those apples in there. Now. I take apple sauce and make the apple sauce and that's the icing for the cakes, and I take those back. Those are my gifts I've taken the different gifting sites. If the boy's hunts a portion of the nothing that we kill, we kill a deer, everything and that deer is used, not just the meat, but the skin, the bones. My son is a n apper. He does he makes bone knives, even from the leg bones of the deer. Those were turned into knives. We pull the sinew that we use for wrapping of those knives. Everything is used. If you kill something, you take that animal's life to sacrifice that for you, you better honor it by making sure that everything is used. You do not just you know, you don't waste anything but a portion you'll take back and leave. That's what the watchers my gift to him. But it's just like my ancestor Shawnee whenever. We still do our ceremonies, the thing that we do. But anytime we're having uh like Thanksgiving dinner for our for our elders, for our ancestors, a plate is made and taken out and set they go to the spirits and of course mostly you know, the animals pick it up or whatever.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's still uh every you know, we still do our We do our own burials when some of our family passes away. We call it bear in our own where you have to use you know, we do modern, but we dig our own grace. If the family gets together and does that, it's just you know, kind of honor and respect.
Speaker 2: And so I kind of grew up. I grew up in.
Speaker 1: The old ways have brothers and sisters, I here less they didn't. I was a one that was setting at home. My grandma was sitting in the old rocket chair and some of the times when I was little, she had careseen lamp and she would sit there and she would tell me stories or read to me. That was the most wonderful time of my life. I love that so much. And then when my dad got sick the last two years of his life, I never left him. I cared for him, and I got the benefits of all of that, him telling me and showing me why he had him as a child. It is totally amazing and that's still my joy. I still work with the elderly. I do work with the veterans. I get along mostly, and we get along fairly well together that I honor my well. I'm elder now too. It's not you know, I got some that's older than me. But I'm getting there. But I still hike. I can do a ten mile hike. I go back in the woods. I have a campground, and that's my joy. I love just going into the woods and build my camp for I'm putting in a cabin at my camp site back into the cliffs back here. Mostly I just used a tant but I've decided I'm got a little cabin back here. So that's that's kind of my way of life. I spend time in the woods and I'd rather be there than doing anything else. I'd like some of the old ghost stories. I do that too. Actually I just got that's another story. I don't want to go into that. But I was cleaning the cabin to do the filming for the big bits of America, and this cabin is reconstructed from the eighteen hundreds. I'm there for about an hour and it sets back camp the woods by myself, and I hear three knocks on the side of the building, which I thought was my son in law picking, you know, kind of maybe playing tricks on me. It's not like something walked on the roof. And then the front door opened by itself. And that's so I decided I was gonna go ahead and leave, and I snapped a couple of pictures. I'll send them to you. I think you'll find them interesting. Let's just say that there was things there that I didn't know was there, and it was a human. So but that's also part of the watching this area community. So that's kind of who I am and what I do and.
Speaker 2: My life.
Speaker 1: I said, I know people, you know, they hear your story and they think, oh my gosh, you're crazy.
Speaker 2: But what are you man smoking? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: But I think, as like I said, as the woods comes down and there's more people going to the country and interactions of get more, and I'm hoping my only hope is that whether you believe me or not, put that little bit of knowledge in there, so if something does happen, you know, you have a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of idea of.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, maybe there is real Maybe that is what that is, and I should be a little more cautious or pay better attention to my animals, or make sure I have my young child is not you know, they can't do very and that's you don't know what's going to set them off. You know, is a dog going make them mad? Or is a person out there shooting or getting too close you know, the young ones. But when they have their young ones, they're just like us. You know, I'm going to protect my child with my life or my home. You know, if somebody's trying to I'm going to protect that child. And they're the same way. So when they have their young people coming in they get too close, of course, they want to protect you young.
Speaker 2: That's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: And any good parents, human or animal, any either one, it's going to do that.
Speaker 3: With Don After having all these experiences with the Watchers, I'm sure there are tons and tons of listeners who want to hear how these guys look. So please take your time and be as descriptive as you can possibly be telling us how the watchers look, since you've gotten such good looks at them.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, of course there's different colors. There's the black, there's like a reddish brown color, there's the tan color, and there's a white. I call the white one of the old man. I don't think, And honestly, I don't know if it's whether it's so old that it's fur has changed because it's got long hair. The palms are their hands are not they have long hair, but the palms of their hands do my hair hair on them?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: In their face like you know, on the cheeks. It's kind of like when a man shaves, is like around the cheeks, you know, that is leathery and and dark. Different eye colors. I've seen different eye colors. I've seen, uh, like a yellow color of brown color. I've seen them shine red, reddish orange. Well, I've had people ask me about their genitals. Can you tell male from a female? And yes you can because the female, of course, I breast. I don't get you know, I've never gotten real close descriptively that way, but you know you can tell what you know, what they are.
Speaker 2: I don't see tail.
Speaker 1: I've never seen like you know, having a tail like a monkey tai or anything like that. It's just like a They're very muscular. They're very big, very strong, you know. Ear wise, I mean, I don't see that their ears stick up, you know, like a dog or anything like that, or cleaning me. It's more like down to the head, you know, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I've seen some that has actually seen a female last year that had more human uh, more delicate human like features that I'd never seen before. That was that was something new I've never seen that she was. She was smaller, more delicate features, more defined. The fur was lighter in color, and she was you know, she was smaller bodied. But I don't know if that helps or not, or if that is enough of this description or yeah.
Speaker 3: That does help. I'm wondering though, as far as their teeth go, do they have teeth like ours or prominent canines?
Speaker 1: They have big teeth they have from what I see is like I've never had them. H I've never been close enough when it would be like attack mode snoral, you know, I do need like on the side there's long cane, you know, like like we have the canine tooth, you know, the on the side or sharp tooth as I call it. Whatever their teeth are, they're kind of different. They're they're square, are describe it like that. They have massive teeth. Of course they have massive everything, but they're not like twenty. You know, there's not like twenty. I guess the any thing I see that's more canine is those two on the side like we have. And you know they're you can tell they're sharp as they use their teeth. So as they get older, you know, I see them being more down not you know, when they're younger, they're just like us. I guess. You know, when they're younger, they have better teeth, so and they use those teeth for a lot of different things.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The one footprint that I have here, I got it last year and he had four toes. Then he's The print that I got was over fifteen inches long and about seven wide, and he always has four toes, and I found the footprint this year. He's down to three. So he lost a toe somewhere over the winter or or it's a different one, I don't know, but it's about the same size. I'm assuming it's him. The the hands, the nails, you know, they're they're kind of they have nails split through their course longer and sharper. You know. The feet, the feet are wide and the toes are big. But the hair has down so you can't you know, it's like it's like somebody with long hair that hangs down around their body, you know, so that part is covered in hair. But but it's the the footprint is smooth, and I've seen it. I've seen them walk as they walk away, you know, they lift their foot up and the sole of their foot that it's not covered in hair. It's smooth or something might be from walking, you know, and wearing the whatever, but the hands and feet are smooth.
Speaker 3: You told us that their teeth look like ours, except they're a lot bigger. But they do have prominent, sharp canines. When you took a look at the bite marks on your dad's dog after he was unfortunately attacked the way he was, did all the teeth marks look like like they were human teeth except for the canines, or did all the tooth marks look like they might have been sharp?
Speaker 1: Well, the bite marks was the punctures, because these canines are long. These puncture marks went into him. You know, I'm talking about you know, like you know, two three inches like you would stab. You know that too, the force of it biting in. So I don't know if the mouth opens like I said, I didn't see it anything. If it mouth opened white because it had to open. This dog is huge for this mouth to open and bite around this dog even what a bull mass is and the pit bull mix, so he's hind quarterers.
Speaker 2: She's wide. So and it bit.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like it bit on it, it around it like it opened up and just like I'm you know, like oh, and the puncture was you know what the tying of a like a deer antler. Have you seen a deer antler? You know how the times of the their antlers they're pointy and long. You know, they're sharp. If you would take one of those and cut that off and stap it ended something. That's how long those teeth was. You know. These teeth are like that shaped like time. So it's like those canines are long. That was in you know, bit down through him and it bit through. It was like it you know, picked him up and just bit in you know, into his back and through these hindquarters.
Speaker 2: That's those But.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just one bite. It was like it bit and then bit again. I don't know.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: He was hurt, massively hurt, and I don't know how it missed the vital organs you know in there, but he just never it damaged his fine. And so yeah, let's just say, if that was to be bit into a human, there's no way. I mean, if it bits you through the head, like, there's no way. I mean, you're done, that's it. In bamboom, it's going to take your head off. There's no way even through your body.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's I don't know that. That was very disturbing.
Speaker 3: That's horrible. I'll tell you this, donna. Whatever did that to your dad's dog really needs to have its head blown off. And I mean that too.
Speaker 1: It was well, that was like I said, that was years ago, and whatever caused it to happen the next day, you know, when when the one that came back, they would stand there and just watch when he came back. There was no violence, there was nothing. It's total calm. So that's what made me wonder, was this some one that came through where you know, were they fighting? It was because they're territorial. That is one thing I have learned they are territorial. Once a group sets up, you know, they I call them plans. That's the way I've been taught. If a plan comes in and that's a family group, and a rogue comes through or something, you know, and they're either accepted or it's ran away, so they fight.
Speaker 2: I've heard.
Speaker 1: I've heard the fights before, and I've seen the trees. They bring down some pretty good sized trees. When they're fighting. You will hear the breaks, and I avoid anything in that situation. I just make sure I'm just not there. I just I give them plenty of room and let them work out their own deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like a really good idea to me. Now, those eighteen inch prints that you found, are those definitely the prints that the creature that came through and did that to your dad's dog left, or do you think it might have been left by another watcher?
Speaker 1: Well, that's I think it was the one that got the dog, because it's the one that tore everything up, and so it went through the hog pen and then it went through the chicken coop. Of course, they but it could have been chasing each other. But I only had one set of prints. I didn't have to. I only had one, you know, that size. There wasn't anything else in the hog pen, so it was clearly just the one creature that that stepped through there and then through the creek. So, like I said, honestly, I don't know. Sometimes they do get territorial. Maybe something happened it was i'd steal. To this day, I still scratch my head and say, you know, I don't know what happened exactly.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, as much you can take away from what did happen, since you didn't see the creature and you didn't see it do all those things. I'm wondering though, before that one came through and caused all that destruction, attacked your dad's dog and went through the hog pen and did what it did and the chicken coop. Do you leave your dripes open in a night now or keep them closed?
Speaker 1: Well, actually, my big house with my with my mom and dad being sick and the sicker they got, actually moved from my big house and I bought I went to the aumation and bought the Amish high barns and put cabins in closer to the road because of the squad because when you came in you had to go up the driveway and go across the creek, and it was just too much for them. So I put those in and I moved from my big house. And about two years ago I have a younger brother who has early stage Alzheimer's and his cabin was set back by my house and it caught on fire. So it spread back to my big house and I lost the five bedroom to bath my big house. But no, I still am I even here. I like my windows. I go out in the night time, I wake up into my woods. I like my woods. I like being able to see out. I like the like I said, here, I have bear of coyote. I'm more cautious of the bobcat and that kind of stuff. But I am a little more cautious. I just pay attention. Like Dad said, you know, have some sense about you. You leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. But that is true to an extent. You know, you don't want to put yourself at risk. You don't want to, you don't want That's the reason I'm building the small cabin back here. I like going back there and standing. But the acttivity has gotten more, like I said, with the woods coming down, you know, it's causing more interactions, and I like having a more sturdy I'm putting in like the old style. I'm actually cutting the trees and putting it in that way. But I like having a little thicker wall. So do I close them? No, I don't, not here, but I am more cautious so, and I honestly, with the way things are and the way things are becoming, I would suggest anybody would be a little more cautious in the woods and more just pay better attention. I guess, you know, and when you hear something, I'm not saying draft there and be scared or whatever, but respect goes a lot of you know, a long ways, and some times in the actions that you do, actions gets reactions. So I'm I guess I have different ways of looking at things, but I don't. I don't go out and just shoot and rip and rare and make a lot of noise. I play flute music. I'll do drumming sometimes with the flute music, I call it singing. They have this sound that they make and they seem to like that. So the call and also the calmer you stay, they react to your emotions that I've found out with myself, you know. So the calmer you are, the calmer they are, and you can kind of I can feel their agitation. So if I feel I'm getting really agitated or i feel like I'm getting too close to something they don't want me there, then I'll turn and go back the other way. I respect their tar and I'll pray that they respect mine. That's kind of that I've been taught different ways, and the old lords and legends that have also been told how really dangerous they can be.
Speaker 2: So to lay Street.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, it normally is. In given the fact you haven't had any problems and your rebin elbows with these guys all the time, sure sounds like you do have them figured out. And that's a really good thing. And if you don't think it's proven to close your drapes at night on your bedroom windows, that tells me everything I need to know. That's a really good thing. That really is. And considering what you know about these guys, if any kids are listening to tonight's show, Donna, who have seen Watchers and are maybe thinking about trying to interact with them, what kind of advice would you give them?
Speaker 1: Very very cautious, very calm. Like I said, sometimes the young ones are like children. They interact by doing strengths and but you've got to realize the size and the girth and the damage they can do. So it is I'm not my advice. You don't go out there and just say, oh look, I'm gonna find me a pet. That's not the way you do it. Little gifts they react well, they like sweet stuff. But caution is at the top of everything. Else is caution because you don't know what's going to be going.
Speaker 2: On that day.
Speaker 1: It's just like you walk into a playground that kids might be having a bad day that day, so he's a little bit of a bully, or he's gonna, you know, want to interact in a different way. And then you know, the day before he might have been happy. He might have had a good day, and he might have been happy and he's all your friends, and the next day he's not. So always caution always. It's best too if you feel if you you feel that sense of danger you're inside of you. You can feel that. You know, everybody has that sense that says, hey, something's not right. So when you start, always follow your emotions, follow your gut, instinct and do you think there's you know, it's okay to say hi, it's okay to leave the thing behind. That always, always safety is at that very very top of the list. Always it might be fun and interesting and like this, even with grown ups, you know, they go out looking and.
Speaker 2: Groups.
Speaker 1: You know, I deal with h You know, this is like exciting and it's a really exciting thing that there's always that realm of danger that's there. So when you go out the or you're not just going to interact with, you might find one of them, or you might find a bear, you might find a coyote, you might find something else that's there. Because usually if you hear coyotes, h the watchers are close by, they kind of run together, but those coyotes are in the forefront and they the coyotes are dangerous too, so and sometimes when you're hearing a coyote, you're not really hearing a coyote or you're not here. And an owl that is not you know, you hear those sounds, you're like, oh, well listen to that. Just that you know that and that cool is that a super will call in there's an owl hooton just like the Shawnee. You've got to remember, Shannie, were very fierce warriors, and they use those same calls. You know, they're out there and they're hunting and they're stalking, and they use those to speak to each other. Well, these guys do the same thing, So caution. That's my you know, that's my thing right there is always you know, I had my dad, You know I had my dad. My dad was my protector, He was my guide, he was my teacher. He taught me what to do and how to interact as fys out there alone, I would have no idea. I would have been setting near by myself, scared to death and probably ran or did something stupid, and it might have been a different interaction than what it was.
Speaker 3: Sounds like your dad did teach you. Well, I don't think you'd be in one piece if he hadn't taught you.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I think you have all this down patent. You definitely know how to conduct yourself. Otherwise, like I said, you would have had some pretty serious problems. Why now, Quite possibly, but who knows. That's just a guess on my part. But having said all that, don I can't thank you enough for coming on and sharing the details. Of all those experiences with us and giving us all that advice. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for having me. I really appreciate it. Like I said, my goal is how are people thinking? How are crazy people think? I am? I don't care. Like I said, I'm not here to prove anything. I'm not a researcher. I'm not going to show you proof of whatever. But somewhere along the way, I hope, somewhere I help somebody to have better interactions and for both not just the humans, but for the watchers, and maybe they can understand them a little better and live happily together. That's my wish.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good wish. That's admirable, it really is. But like I said, thanks again so much, and have a great night.
Speaker 4: That's it for another episode of Bigfoot Eye Witness Radio with Vic Kundiff. If you've had a sasquatch encounter and would like to be a guest on the show, please go to big Foot Eyewitness dot com and submit a report. We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for listening, have a great night.